6.1

1. Oct 29, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is putting the franchise back on the right track. While they still cram a singleplayer campaign in there, it's closer and closer to a simple tutorial at this point. Multiplayer is feels bigger in every single aspect, and it's an absolute blast to jump into the fray, time and time again.

While I wish they would get better writers and put together a more compelling

While I wish they would get better writers and put together a more compelling singleplayer campaign, as they are clearly capable of creating the most cinematic moments in the FPS genre, Battlefield is a multiplayer game, and that's where it truly shines.
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    I'm rating this solely on multiplayer as I never touch the single player component of battlefield games, the map design is better than ever, the visuals are the best ones out there, better netcode, what else is there to say, it is whatever we hoped for in Battlefield 3.
  3. Oct 29, 2013
    The new installment of the battlefield franchise has improved upon its predecessor in many forms! It contains an immerse multiplayer experience that'll leave you to want more of the adrenaline rush! The campaign was a bit lackluster but, if you are looking for a game that delivers exponentially on multiplayer. This is the must have game for you!
  4. Oct 29, 2013
    Fantastic looking game, fantastic playing game and generally a much more polished and fun experience than the previous BF3. Even the campaign has seen some major improvements granted it's still not a spectatular experience, it sets up for the Multiplayer quite well. Commander mode and the new levolution aspect is actually quite well done and gives the battlefield a whole new depth. GunFantastic looking game, fantastic playing game and generally a much more polished and fun experience than the previous BF3. Even the campaign has seen some major improvements granted it's still not a spectatular experience, it sets up for the Multiplayer quite well. Commander mode and the new levolution aspect is actually quite well done and gives the battlefield a whole new depth. Gun handling and general flow in the FPS gameplay has been improved to feel more responsive and enjoying. Absolute top game so far. Expand
  5. Nov 12, 2013
    This game has the most intense,immersive graphical experience in a game Ive ever witnessed. By far its the best BF and FPS Ive ever played. Im sorry some are having issues but Ive played a week without any. Its unusual for me to back a game so highly but when that storm rolls in on "Paracel" I just sit there stunned. Ive never seen, or heard, anything like it before.
  6. Oct 29, 2013
    Actually the game is good. This is a clear competitor to Call of Duty. But the 7 chapters campaign too little. I even went to a game with bots. But the multiplayer is just divine.
  7. Oct 29, 2013
    Epic Multiplayer Matches on fantastic maps! Top class graphics and audio on Next-Gen and PC. It is definitely a must have game vor every gamer out there!
  8. Oct 29, 2013
    Truly is a great sequel. Everything about it except for the campaign which felt linear, is flawless. The netcode is great and the battles in multiplayer are epic and really do take you a trip down memory lane in terms of BFBC2 destruction. It may be considered to be called BF 3.5 but trust me those are the people who haven't played it. Truly an amazing game, it really has its moments.
  9. Oct 29, 2013
    If you liked BF2 or BF3, you'll love this game! Looks great, plays great. Campaign is awful and it doesn't have anything really innovative or new, but it's just a ton of fun!

Obviously if you don't like Battlefield... BF4 isn't going to do anything to change your mind.
  10. Oct 29, 2013
    Game looks to be same as BF3 but in gameplay wise it is very different. you cant just sprint and then shoot. there is noticeable lag when sprint (not bad). Guns mechanics seem to be better. Now you cant snipe guys with a controlled AR rifle. You now actually need a scope to engage at longer range. Now guns just dont lose accuracy after some only 3 bullets. you can fire longer burst.Game looks to be same as BF3 but in gameplay wise it is very different. you cant just sprint and then shoot. there is noticeable lag when sprint (not bad). Guns mechanics seem to be better. Now you cant snipe guys with a controlled AR rifle. You now actually need a scope to engage at longer range. Now guns just dont lose accuracy after some only 3 bullets. you can fire longer burst. Suppression blur is removed. there is only a gun sway when you are suppressed without any accuracy hit and blur. guns and vehicles are more open to customization like you have more accessory slots for weapons and vehicles. Map design is very good. there are no choke points so far. you can always come back in game with alot of flanking ways. Expand
  11. Oct 29, 2013
    Metacritic should have people reviewing user reviews to make sure they aren't like all of these reds. People give zeros because high specs are needed to play? People give zeros because campaign sucks? Who plays campaign? This is a online multiplayer game and always has been. This game deserves an 8.5 to 9, but I have to give a 10 to counter all the rejects that walk the planet.
  12. Oct 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is best Battlefield best multi player game best explosion best game play amazing thank u EA .

The most complete multiplayer FPS game out there This is the must have game for you!
  13. Jun 13, 2014
    It's a shame BF4 has so many negative reviews, I can understand that anyone who pays for this game expects everything to be working 100% ie: servers / online settings the day they buy it.

My experience has been quite different, I purchased BF4 several months after it was released and I have to say its brilliant. Smooth clean amazing graphics, sounds are just brilliant, and visual effects such as lights and particles as usual are a big exagerated but make it awesome.

I found the Campaign to be extremely well balanced and fun. Characters voices and animations and acting, the atmosphere, the different scenarios and the general gameplay are just brilliant.

I've also been playing the Multiplayer for several months now, it's what I expected to be with some tweaks, upgrades and really fun levels to play. I loved unlocking all the assault rifles and light machine guns. I did not run into any major bugs and contrary to many reviews I really enjoyed the levels even compared to BF3.
  14. Aug 20, 2016
    Looking back I can remember the frustrating initial release as it was bug ridden and felt like a BF3.5 and not a complete new title. But now, after 3 years, I have played more BF4 than BF Bad Company 2, and that title was (is) a gem and I considered it the new standard for how BF games should work. Although missing out on some excellent game mechanics and options from Bad Company 2, BF4Looking back I can remember the frustrating initial release as it was bug ridden and felt like a BF3.5 and not a complete new title. But now, after 3 years, I have played more BF4 than BF Bad Company 2, and that title was (is) a gem and I considered it the new standard for how BF games should work. Although missing out on some excellent game mechanics and options from Bad Company 2, BF4 has become a gem too. It delivers on solid multiplayer game play and immense replay value through all unlocks, medals, classes and maps. Forget single player, that's an Easter egg they forgot to hide. Expand
  15. Jun 8, 2014
    After the recent "netcode(tickrate)" patch, this game has become a marvelous game. It was already fantastic basically, but it was just broken and therefore many have hated the game. Still some servers with drastical lags, but in decent servers, game is so enjoyable. Everything is so fine and various. I was fan of flying helis and jets, but now i enjoy infantry combats very much, and asAfter the recent "netcode(tickrate)" patch, this game has become a marvelous game. It was already fantastic basically, but it was just broken and therefore many have hated the game. Still some servers with drastical lags, but in decent servers, game is so enjoyable. Everything is so fine and various. I was fan of flying helis and jets, but now i enjoy infantry combats very much, and as they say "only in battlefield". I can play what i want as i want. Fantastic game.. BF4 didn't deserve any rates and scores 6-7 months ago, cos it's broken, and i don't think a broken game should be rated, but now i give 9 because now it's pretty stable and i find the game awesome. Expand
  16. Dec 6, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is better than Battlefield 3 in almost every way, although it must be said that the game is still rather unstable in its current state. The campaign is still quite dull, but its hard to criticise the game because of that, since Battlefield is definitely a multiplayer game. There are many great improvements over Battlefield 3: the graphics and sound are better, the interfaceBattlefield 4 is better than Battlefield 3 in almost every way, although it must be said that the game is still rather unstable in its current state. The campaign is still quite dull, but its hard to criticise the game because of that, since Battlefield is definitely a multiplayer game. There are many great improvements over Battlefield 3: the graphics and sound are better, the interface has been improved and you can now select spawn locations by clicking on the map with the mouse. The best change in my opinion is that most of the maps are great. To be frank, most of the maps in Battlefield 3 were terrible. There are so many great maps here and there is a good mix of large open fields, islands and buildings. Parcel Storm in particular is really great and reminds me of Invasion of the Philippines from Battlefield 1942. The weather even changes, forcing large waves and gusty winds. Flood Zone is also good but to be honest, once the water level rises, it does get a bit ridiculous as the match turns into a swim- a-thon rather than a battle. Other maps such as Rogue Transmission and Lancang Dam are also great and improve upon the let downs that Battlefield 3 presented.
    In all, Battlefield 4 improves Battlefield 3 in almost every way. Sure, it may seem a bit of a stretch to pay full price for a game that seems to be very similar to its predecessor. But the many subtle improvements make it a great purchase. Once the wrinkles are ironed a little further, this will be a truly great online FPS game. Its even better optimised that Battlefield 3 too and runs flawlessly on my laptop!
  17. Nov 10, 2013
    This game has been a blast. It is refining the way video games are nowadays. Now this game is the definition of "next-gen".
    They fixed a lot of the problems of Battlefield 3 such as balancing, WAY better map design, more modes, bigger maps, more destructibility. With these fixes, I had such a more enjoyable time than the previous great Battlefield 3.
    The only downside of this great game
    The only downside of this great game is the technical issues alongside. Frequent crashes, optimization, and server failures have disappointed me. Its always scary getting a good score cause you never know if the game might crash and you can lose all that hard earned XP or even possibly guns! I know they rushed out this game, but these are the most important parts of the game: Making sure the game is made correctly!
    I haven't played the game since they haven't fixed these issues. Hopefully I will be back to slay some more noobs :P
  18. Dec 9, 2013
    The games is awesome,but,the crashes and bugs make the game worse.and maybe,the patches will Make a better game,but the first impression of me is:this is a Good game,mas is buged.
  19. Dec 18, 2013
    It's a very nice game. Good graphics, good gameplay and awesome features. Why I didn't give it a 10/10:
    It has a lot of bugs that should have been fixed in the beta... It is unfinished and by no means finished. I'm not getting that much crashes or issues. When it happens, yes, it's pretty annoying, but it can't make you give a 1/10 or a 2/10 or even a 0/10. I blame EA for what happens right now, because they pushed DICE to release before CoD. DICE is trying a lot to fix those issues, and I appreciate that. The single player is not the best, but I don't find it so bad. The real problem is that some people can't even complete it, and you need it to unlock the weapons in the game. The multiplayer is awesome when it works properly. So, in conclusion, BF4 is an awesome game, with an awesome potential, but it is held back by the bugs and the problems in the game.
  20. Sep 2, 2015
    after all that **** that happend with the launch of bf4. its now good and its still playable to play on pc right now. sure the campaign is still dull. but the mulitplayer makes bf4 a fantasic experince to play.
  21. RSG
    Apr 30, 2015
    The best game I have ever played, even including Battlefield 3, which comes in second. The games are very similar, but the sequel improves many aspects of the predecessor, which was already truly amazing. Yes, sure, it was very broken and even unplayable for some people on the launch, but so was Battlefield 3. It's just EA Games making a mistake I don't think they are gonna make again. AndThe best game I have ever played, even including Battlefield 3, which comes in second. The games are very similar, but the sequel improves many aspects of the predecessor, which was already truly amazing. Yes, sure, it was very broken and even unplayable for some people on the launch, but so was Battlefield 3. It's just EA Games making a mistake I don't think they are gonna make again. And the mistake is launching both games before they were finished, just to compete with (let's not say CoD) other titles releasing at the same time. But after year and a half, the game is finally what it should've been at the launch. And that is the best Multiplayer experience you'll ever have, Expand
  22. Jul 17, 2015
    Ok, first I played this game from the time of its release 2013, until now 2015.
    And I have to say, they changed a lot,
    not only the gameplay itself, also they added the so called CTE(Community Test Environment) and they added new night maps and are in development for other free maps, which are remakes from the older Battlefield's(the community could decide which ones). The
    Ok, first I played this game from the time of its release 2013, until now 2015.
    And I have to say, they changed a lot,

The singleplayer is.. Not good.. No, not only "Not good" it's like.. Did you ever wondered how leukemia would taste like if it is a food? Yeah, sounds accurate.

In 2013 it was a Battlefield 3.5 more or less, I have to admit that, it had bugs, like a lot of bugs, like wow, so many bugs.
    The netcode was just laughable, the only good things were the gunplay, the designs, the animations(although they could add some new levelution animations, because the current ones are getting annoying) and that's it.
    Most of those problems may be because of its early release, but now after almost 2 years later the game plays completely different.
    (I still hate the unlock system and the **** ship-trash, but atleast they offer you something for your money, 4 new maps, new weapons, new gamemodes and now after the release the whole thing is a lot of cheaper, and definetely worth it).

They overworked the netcode, now it has a better netcode than any CS, which was always praised for its Netcode, 60Hz servers are now common(at least in CTE).
    A lot of patches overworked the bugs and missing gameplay features and unbalanced weapons.

Everything has been overworked, even the loading times, which annoy some people as it seems.
    (Don't join a full server, or get rid off your bad Internet).

The unlock system is still bad and I hate it, but it's a modern multiplayer game and sadly it's common to do that in such games.

They are still developing a lot of new content, apologizing for its bad release.
    DICE LA is trying hard to get the best experience out of this game and the managed it, now (2015) it's awesome and one of the best multiplayer games and Battlefield's of all time.

I hate like 90% of the community, but that's irrelevant for you.
  23. May 19, 2016
    After 2 years of playing a broken, unstable game DICE made up for it with Free DLCs and plentiful content, the best part being they are giving away ALL DLCs for free until Battlefield 1 launches. The game is beautiful, the gameplay is fluid and while some maps have terrible spawns and the general design is inferior to that of past battlefields damn are they fun to play on.

THIS is how

THIS is how you make up for launching a game broken, fixing it and then giving us some extra content to apologize for the time the game took up in it's unplayable state. This is how this game is still very much alive. Good job DICE.
  24. Dec 30, 2015
    Pretty neat game with decent graphics and a nice soundscape.
    The netcode is still a big problem but overall it is fun to play this game with friends.
  25. CBZ
    Nov 4, 2013
    I find this game too similar to BF3. It feels more like a big DLC than a whole new game. However, the game is fun and as soon as launch glitches and crashes are taken care of it should be a solid game.
    If you played BF3 and didn't like I'd strongly suggest skipping this one. If you didn't play it or you loved it, this is a good title to get.
  26. Nov 18, 2013
    This is a good game but it has a whole bunch of stuffs they need to fix. Personally, I like the multiplayer gameplay because it makes up for the terrible singleplayer and the graphics are improved, the gameplay is great, and also the scale of the maps are really huge. Its great but not excellent.
  27. Dec 8, 2013
    So, I'v just got the game for pc and here are some pros and cons

Pros -The best graphics I have ever seen -The destruction is epic -helicopter and jets. -Very big maps (I like open world type maps) -Its very realistic Cons -You need a very good PC -It will crash some times (hopefully Dice will patch that stuff) -Some minor bugs glitches and texture error. Its a good game
    So, I'v just got the game for pc and here are some pros and cons

Pros
    -The best graphics I have ever seen
    -The destruction is epic
    -helicopter and jets.
    -Very big maps (I like open world type maps)
    -Its very realistic

Cons
    -You need a very good PC
    -It will crash some times (hopefully Dice will patch that stuff)
    -Some minor bugs glitches and texture error.

Its a good game but I recommend getting it on a console. (Ps4, XBone)
  28. Dec 21, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a pretty good game. Even though the campaign might not be as good as in Call of Duty and the game might crash every time, multiplayer is actually the best. Levolution made this game even more interesting! We all know that you got to have a super PC to play Battlefield 4, but it's not because this game is bad, it's because the graphics are really good. DICE also needs toBattlefield 4 is a pretty good game. Even though the campaign might not be as good as in Call of Duty and the game might crash every time, multiplayer is actually the best. Levolution made this game even more interesting! We all know that you got to have a super PC to play Battlefield 4, but it's not because this game is bad, it's because the graphics are really good. DICE also needs to work on some bugs and glitches in campaign and multiplayer, but overall this game is awesome! Expand
  29. Nov 7, 2013
    The game is great. Im not here to rate bugs. They will be fixed. Otherwise the game doesn't crash to often, im one of the luckier ones. The servers hardly crash and the game is great. After a week or two everyone will enjoy the game they are meant to. Its fun as hell and the best Battlefield to date.
  30. Jun 11, 2014
    This is my third time reviewing this game. First one was on the actual day of the launch (gave it a 9/10), and the other was few months after (6/10).

This update is post- "netcode patch", more information at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbJsOLkxbO0 (A bit of background of myself, irrelevant in a sense, skip if you want to) I wouldn't be ashamed to admit that I am a Battlefield

(A bit of background of myself, irrelevant in a sense, skip if you want to)

I wouldn't be ashamed to admit that I am a Battlefield fanboy, even though my first fps game was CoD 4. My "Battlefield experience" started with Battlefield 3, with 1/2 a thousand hours put into it. I joined in BF4's beta and played consecutively (every day) until the day it ended, then i got the full game, and kept on playing since.

---

Battlefield 4 is simply a reboot of Battlefield 3, except with much better graphics (this is controversial & subjective however, which i won't want to get too in depth on), better gameplay (?), as well as a much better experience in general (again, this is subjective).

What i really liked about Battlefield 4 is the all-out infantry & vehicle warfare, something that very few FPS out there is able to provide. This game touches quite a bit on the aspect of teamwork, as well as gunplay (ability to control the recoil of your gun, manage your shots, accuracy, etc).

Being as transparent as i possibly can, this game has really improved a lot since its launch. The recent "netcode patch" increased the tick rate of the game by a slight bit, which indeed did affect the smoothness of the game. At least to a point where kill trades or deaths behind cover/wall are reduced by a significant amount. The netcode issues are arguably the most prevalent and predominant issue in the game right now and since launch.

I genuinely recommend getting this game, especially if you have a couple of friends, it is extremely fun and addicting.
  31. Nov 6, 2013
    Battlefield 4 gives a lot of fun and entertainment at a very high level. At the beginning is a little bugs but knowing DICE fix it soon;) BF4 lot of freshness and new features requests that can not be described, you have to play it
  32. Nov 21, 2013
    Simple If you are a owner of a true PC High-End like i7, more than 6g ram and, a 2g graphic card BUY THIS GAME AND BE HAPPY. THIS IS A VERY GOOD GAME, only bad thing is the gliches because the game was released too early so the EA will gonna fix that for sure. AWESOME GAME AND MULTIPLAYER
  33. Nov 27, 2013
    I was having fun even with all the troubles, now its UNPLAYABLE! Every match I get a "Battlefield 4 has stopped working"! On top of that it dumps all my stats for the match I can't even play anymore this is insane! Campaign I had to restart several missions time and time again just to complete them due to crashing from auto saves or getting stuck, Pathetic! I want my money for the game andI was having fun even with all the troubles, now its UNPLAYABLE! Every match I get a "Battlefield 4 has stopped working"! On top of that it dumps all my stats for the match I can't even play anymore this is insane! Campaign I had to restart several missions time and time again just to complete them due to crashing from auto saves or getting stuck, Pathetic! I want my money for the game and the premium back! Not to mention after latest patch all the graphical glitches, the suppression effect that happens for no reason when you are not even near combat, steer clear for now. Expand
  34. Dec 10, 2013
    People are far to critical of Battlefield as it has a weak story. Battlefield 4 is a fun game, yes it is buggy, but fixes are constantly released. People are far to critical towards EA nowadays making it impossible for them to get good reviews, people claim the bugs are worse then they are, DICE has done a great job with this game and deserve to be treated so and not called out on everyPeople are far to critical of Battlefield as it has a weak story. Battlefield 4 is a fun game, yes it is buggy, but fixes are constantly released. People are far to critical towards EA nowadays making it impossible for them to get good reviews, people claim the bugs are worse then they are, DICE has done a great job with this game and deserve to be treated so and not called out on every little bug by people who feel above developers. Expand
  35. Nov 8, 2013
    I played the campaign first and let me tell you... The campaign had a great concept, but the story turned out bad. A Chinese civil war resulting in a war with the U.S, but how they delivered the ending was not that great and not to mention many graphical glitches and poor A.I resulted in a poor campaign experience. I tried the multiplayer and it's great on the pc but there is so much lagI played the campaign first and let me tell you... The campaign had a great concept, but the story turned out bad. A Chinese civil war resulting in a war with the U.S, but how they delivered the ending was not that great and not to mention many graphical glitches and poor A.I resulted in a poor campaign experience. I tried the multiplayer and it's great on the pc but there is so much lag it makes it unplayable. There has been a fix for me so now I get much better fps and I can actually kill people and the multiplayer made the game much better than the Campaign Expand
  36. Nov 7, 2013
    1.) Campaign Short & badly written (this was something I really look forward into)
    2.) Multiplayer It's not bad. It's pretty fun especially when you're working with a group or in a Clan. But, lets go into detail. BF4 has a similar feel to MoH: WF which failed. The gun mechanic works about the same as MoH as well as the game play. It's very easy to die. But, once you figure out the learning curve it's not so bad and quite enjoyable.
    3.) VEHICLES LAVS pretty much die from tanks now. Tanks take 2 to 4 hits before blowing up. Jets have slowed down (easier for kills now). Attack Helicopters feel weird to fly. Mini choppers are very quick and extremely sensitive.
    4.) HARDCORE LOVERS There's no hit markers. So, if you kill a teammate, it won't tell you unless the server has been set up to let you know, or you look at who you killed on the top right hand corner. A bunch of new players are playing this mode and haven't figured it out that they can kill their own teammates.. So beware, but other than that very fun.
    5.) The game is absolutely beautiful. The maps, the buildings falling, the sun. Everything is beautiful. The maps are very well thought out. They've given snipers a chance in the game, good infantry, and great vehicle play. You get everything.
    6.) BUGS YES WE KNOW THERE ARE BUGS. EVERYONE CHILL OUT! Bugs will happen, but hey! They fixed some of the MAJOR bugs, like SERVER CRASHES and GAME CRASHES. SO stop crying about it.
    7.) AFTER THE BUGS HAVE BEEN FIXED. It's pretty fun! Plus, I really like the battlepacks.
    8.) Customization is pretty dope too.

I had issues with the game just like everyone else. But like I said above, once you've gotten the learning curve down. It's not that bad and pretty fun. Typically, people get angry when they die a lot and then spread hate. There are things not to like and there are things that we like. It's an overall, 7-8 out of 10 in my book. I hope this helps you potential buyers.
  37. Dec 4, 2013
    This is a great game with the best graphics that I know an it's campaign was a little bit of disappointment but the multiplayer makes you forget everything about the campaign.
    The multiplayer is awesome and very fun and sometimes when playing with friends can get funny and more serious (depending on what do you do with your friends).
    But there's a problem... There are lots of crashes and
    But there's a problem... There are lots of crashes and bugs on the PC and it can get very frustrating and very annoying. That's why battlefield 4 gets 9/10 for me
  38. Dec 8, 2013
    Graphics are great best multiplayer FPS of 2013-2014 (blood graphics are bad but game is so realistic) random crashers (most in campaing) weapon using is so realistic driving cars are hard but you enjoy the game (u must buy it
  39. Mar 4, 2014
    A very good FPS if you have the computer to run it. The campaign was slightly weak.
    Pros
    insane graphics
    good sound design
    great Multiplayer
    Fixes
    The campaign was underwhelming but still decent
    Cons
    Computer crashes
    Score 9/10
  40. Nov 5, 2013
    BF4 is a great addition to the franchise....The single player is ok, but then again I didn't buy it for that...

Ok there are some bugs, but these will be sorted over the next few months, I imagine EA rushed DICE in order to beat COD out before Xmas. I'm really surprised how well optimised the game is on AMD hardware. While the beta ran poorly on my PC, the full game runs at a constant 60fps on high settings at 1080p on my budget gaming PC (6300 6-core processor 7850 2GB GFX and 8GB ram).

The multi-player is sheer brilliance, the crazy happenings on 64 player maps make you generally feel like you're on a battlefield and will constantly make you laugh out loud. the sound and feel of the guns are great and the potential to level up looks long winded adding good longevity to the game. A special mention must go to the new game mode obliteration, so much fun!

The levels of destruction, amount of vehicles, changing weather patterns, levolution, all make this a fantastic package....All for a meagre £30!!

Soon as the bugs are ironed out this will be my favourite game of the year next to GTAV.
  41. Nov 10, 2013
    Just bought this after playing 2 hours of this years most disgraceful game "cod ghost" i was really looking forward to cod. but now i am seriously done with the series, and if anyone want a free copy of cod ghost feel free to pick it out of my trashcan outside!!
    Like most people i must admit that this is more a battlefield 3,5 everything works great and looks great
    but there is nothing
    but there is nothing new. the single player last about a good 4-5 hours. which is to short for full retail price.
    i was a little disappointed in the beginning but the game grows on me.
    My only real complaint is that i was really hoping EA DICE had put a filter system so that a lvl 1 dont end op playing against lvl 50+ in other words MAKE BATTLEFIELD MORE NOOB FRIENDLY!!!
  42. Nov 7, 2013
    Despite annoying bugs and disconnects, BF4 is far better than the previous game. Realizing their mistakes moving too close to Call of Duty's repetitive style, they returned and created a game with a feeling not unlike Bad Company 2, which is commonly praised as the best in the series. The new feature that excites me the most is levolution. A terrible name for a great addition. All the mapsDespite annoying bugs and disconnects, BF4 is far better than the previous game. Realizing their mistakes moving too close to Call of Duty's repetitive style, they returned and created a game with a feeling not unlike Bad Company 2, which is commonly praised as the best in the series. The new feature that excites me the most is levolution. A terrible name for a great addition. All the maps are dynamic, and the pace, location, etc. of a battle can be changed in an instant. There have also been changes in the methods of leveling up to obtain new weapons. A player must level up that weapon type to unlock more in the category, meaning players can no longer cheat their way to the best sniper rifle by using an assault rifle unlocked by another class. Battlefield 4 is a solid entry into the series, rivaling the greatness of Bad Company 2. However, I cannot give the game a perfect score as nothing groundbreaking has been added, also the control of their servers upon release inhibited my ability to enjoy the game on day 1. Expand
  43. Nov 19, 2013
    While it is a reasonable game, it has a lot of issues which DICE could have prevented with proper testing (and probably would have fixed if EA hadn't forced the release date).
    The single player campaign is bland and predictable. Multiplayer is fun but very unstable (client and server crashes still happen regularly).
  44. Dec 27, 2013
    First let me start this out, YOUR SERVERS SUCK. Trust me I play Ultra settings on 60 Fps and the game crashes from Siege of Shainghia tower falling building to the start of a match. Plus the story was meh.
  45. Jul 16, 2014
    I think this game is the best multiplayer-FPS on PC in this moment.
    Most of the bugs are gone, you have a lot of maps, weapons, and different way to play it (more less everything you can imagine).
    And the graphics is very good too. Only big problem is that you'll have to buy a Premium subscription sooner or later, so consider it because the total price will be much higher than the
    I think this game is the best multiplayer-FPS on PC in this moment.
    And the graphics is very good too.
    Only big problem is that you'll have to buy a Premium subscription sooner or later, so consider it because the total price will be much higher than the standard version.
  46. Nov 8, 2013
    DICE has done it. They further improved multiplayer mode with more destruction, more game modes and better gameplay. And a campaign that grabs you from the first mission, very well developed, a dash more than decent and great memories. Pity that know little but as everyone knows, the attraction of this game is in the multiplayer mode that provides millions of hours of entertainment.DICE has done it. They further improved multiplayer mode with more destruction, more game modes and better gameplay. And a campaign that grabs you from the first mission, very well developed, a dash more than decent and great memories. Pity that know little but as everyone knows, the attraction of this game is in the multiplayer mode that provides millions of hours of entertainment.

Undoubtedly, one of the best shotters of all time, with prefect finishing, care and pampered in every single detail.
  47. Nov 8, 2013
    One of the best MP FPS out there and not only in terms of visual and audio. Gameplay has improved quite a lot, maps and classes seems to have better balance comparing to BF3. Everything looks and feels very neat and clean. Tho lot of people are complaining that BF4 is rather BF3.5 i see it as s step further, considering the new options and levolution i can only imagine what they couldOne of the best MP FPS out there and not only in terms of visual and audio. Gameplay has improved quite a lot, maps and classes seems to have better balance comparing to BF3. Everything looks and feels very neat and clean. Tho lot of people are complaining that BF4 is rather BF3.5 i see it as s step further, considering the new options and levolution i can only imagine what they could offer within few years as the playground is getting larger in terms of possible events, scenarios, gear and vehicles.

Campaign isn't exactly spectacular but that shouldn't be a surprise tho i enjoyed it bit more that BF3. Dice should have enough tools in their hands to force players to do some teamwork, that shouldnt be too hard for them but at the moment its not exactly a goal but playing with decent crew on your own might change it easily. There are other things thet could be considered annoying but to be honest i consider them my personal issues as i might not like them but i dont see them affecting the bigger picture on its own game itself is great playground.

Tho what really annoys me is that every time when some kind of sequel is being released, bunch of guys show up and start talking about how great last part was and how crappy the new one is and it happens over and over again. Whining at its best:). I'd ignore most of the negative reviews, few of them consists any decent critics. That's why i've given 10/10 tho more realistic would be 8/10.
  48. Nov 8, 2013
    At this point this is the pinnacle of multiplayer FPS. It does things that other games don't even attempt and it looks pretty while doing it. It has a steep learning curve compared to other fps's but that just makes the awesome moments that much better. This is a must play for any fan of shooters.
  49. Nov 4, 2013
    Cool shooter game, new maps, and very much liked the new game-modes, but with the release of very screwed up, left bugs since the beta, many gamers fight off the desire to play it. It seems to me that EA has once again not be able to bypass the Call Of Duty due to such a bad start.
  50. Nov 14, 2013
    Brilliant, epic. Level design is great, the best FPS out there bar none. Only one pint docked as the campaign is awful, but no-one really cares about that anyway
  51. Dec 17, 2014
    Yes there were a few bugs but it's still the best online shooter imho. I played for 400 hours so far and I've not played since a year (too busy). I'm looking forward playing all the DLCs released since ! There is no other game that enjoy as much as this game, it's really addictive and you can find a clan, it gets better ! Why ? the graphics are superb, the immersion is total, the gameplayYes there were a few bugs but it's still the best online shooter imho. I played for 400 hours so far and I've not played since a year (too busy). I'm looking forward playing all the DLCs released since ! There is no other game that enjoy as much as this game, it's really addictive and you can find a clan, it gets better ! Why ? the graphics are superb, the immersion is total, the gameplay is perfect (it's hard and rewarding). Expand
  52. Mar 22, 2014
    I have been playing the Battlefield series since the demo release of Battlefield 1942. I remember posting on a usenet discussion group about the demo: Better to have the demo available - with all of its bugs - than not be able to play it.

The same applies for me with Battlefield 4. Every single release of Battlefield has been beset by bugs and every single time they were ironed out - even the most buggy release, BF2142, was eventually patched to a playable state.

Battlefield 3 was just Battlefield 2 with better graphics. I think of the Battlefield series much like Windows releases. Battlefield 1942 was Windows 3.1. Vietnam was ME. 2142, Vista.

Battlefield 4 is the Windows 7 64 bit of the series. So far, the pinnacle and "sweet spot". Many changes have been made, some evolutionary, some revolutionary.

For me, the most important 2 changes are buildings that can be destroyed and the "big event" maps.

I still haven't gotten used to the feeling of crouching in the corner of a building, only to have the walls shot away around me leaving me exposed to enemy fire.

Similarly, playing Paracel Storm and hearing the storm sirens sound, followed by the slow failure of the wind turbines, then enormous waves building that - crucially - actually affect gameplay - is an experience that delights every time.

The same can be said of the other "big event" maps - from the collapsing building of Siege of Shanghai to the building sand storm in Gulf 2014.

Yes, there are still problems with rubber banding and lag, but given the immense complexity of deformable terrain, destroyable buildings, weather effects and 64 players - each with different loadouts in different vehicles and classes - it is nigh on a miracle that this game works at all.

When it does work, it is a sight to behold. It is literally awe inspiring.

Finally, it is worth mentioning the sound design. From creepy dripping and hull twisting noises inside a sunken aircraft carrier to birdsong and the roar of a Warthog fling overhead, it never disappoints. Add to this the excellent, although power hungry, graphics engine and the overall experience is one of jaw dropping realism and intensity.

Highly recommended, although be prepared to upgrade your rig to play it.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the single player campaign is brilliant. Any campaign that can work in "Total Eclipse of The Heart" by Bonnie Tyler in an actually sensible and relevant way deserves a LOT of credit. The rest of the campaign is tight, well scripted and makes for a great, if too short, standalone.
  53. Nov 18, 2013
    First things first, this game has amazing potential. From massive all-out-wars across huge maps with carnage everywhere, its really an amazing gaming experience. Thing is, this game is riddled with bugs. When I tried out the BF4 Beta, I really hoped that BF4 would be delayed as releasing it like this would definitely hurt its reputation. It did. Now all we do is wait for waves and waves ofFirst things first, this game has amazing potential. From massive all-out-wars across huge maps with carnage everywhere, its really an amazing gaming experience. Thing is, this game is riddled with bugs. When I tried out the BF4 Beta, I really hoped that BF4 would be delayed as releasing it like this would definitely hurt its reputation. It did. Now all we do is wait for waves and waves of bug fixes to pour out, and turn BF4 into the masterpiece is can potentially be. Expand
  54. Nov 25, 2013
    Awesome fun in multiplayer. Playing with friends and coordinating is great fun with TS3. As great as BF3 is, this has even more to offer. Single player is also fun but I am not to far in it yet as I keep getting drawn back in to multiplayer. Levolution is awesome. Haven't had the "bugs some people talk about. Can practice flying choppers or jets on the training grounds so as not toAwesome fun in multiplayer. Playing with friends and coordinating is great fun with TS3. As great as BF3 is, this has even more to offer. Single player is also fun but I am not to far in it yet as I keep getting drawn back in to multiplayer. Levolution is awesome. Haven't had the "bugs some people talk about. Can practice flying choppers or jets on the training grounds so as not to tick everyone of with bad flying. Graphics look great. Great addition. Expand
  55. Nov 18, 2013
    An incredible atmosphere, the weather has never been as an important influence in a game Actually there is not much difference between Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 the revolution there was between Bad Company 2 and BF3, but it was still a game that has evolved a weapons management has changed even if the interface can still be improved.
    This game is MUST for all fans of FPS multiplayer!
  56. Nov 25, 2013
    PIcked up the game recently with the Premium membership. Campaign is leaving a lot left to be desired. Usual suspects you've all heard, hit detection issues, AI issues, etc etc...it doesn't matter. Nobody plays BF for the single player story line. I logged 200+ hours on BF3, I was a tournament BF 1942 player, I know the mechanics of BF very well. This game is redesigned from the ground up.PIcked up the game recently with the Premium membership. Campaign is leaving a lot left to be desired. Usual suspects you've all heard, hit detection issues, AI issues, etc etc...it doesn't matter. Nobody plays BF for the single player story line. I logged 200+ hours on BF3, I was a tournament BF 1942 player, I know the mechanics of BF very well. This game is redesigned from the ground up. I was a little upset with hit detection. It takes far too many successful shots to take someone down, other than that..this game is superb. The sound on my surround system performs excellent. Feels like I'm on the ground fighting. Love the Multi, love the new menu's and systems. Nothing even comes close to this game out there. Never played a better FPS my whole life, and I've played FPS titles more than half my lifetime pretty much daily. CoD has never come close to comparable, and BF4 just widened that gap. CoD is for children and chumps. BF series are a man's game. Expand
  57. Dec 27, 2013
    This is the most amazing First Person Shooter experience, it has amazing graphics, amazing gameplay, and you can play as a soldier on foot or as a commander, deploying ammo & much more for your team, it's a game which you can't play alone, it's focus is on team-playing if you want to win.
  58. Dec 1, 2013
    Best FPS out there.
    Crashes a few times on loading new levels but other than that its an awesome crazy shooter!
    Giving it a 10 to counter the low unfair scores
  59. Dec 4, 2013
    BF4 is a worthy sequel to the Battlefield series and i highly recommend it, The newer Frostbite engine (Frostbite 3) served this game quite well even tho it looks almost authentic with the last Frostbite engine which was used in BF3, but it's very different and a lot of improvements have taken place in FB3.

Anyhow, i haven't tried the Single player mode yet, the reason is that don't

Anyhow, i haven't tried the Single player mode yet, the reason is that don't really find the single player mode very interesting in a Battlefield game, but who buys a battlefield game to play the singleplayer mode? The game is obviously made to be a mmofps.
  60. Feb 11, 2015
    Excellent graphics, gameplay and sound works well with my 360 controller also. Dropped my texture settings down to medium on my old GTX 570 and it churns along nicely - sp 8/10 mp 9/10
  61. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is a good sequel to Battlefield 3. It also brings back some things we've all missed from BF2 like commander mode. Sure, there are known bugs and glitches but things are improving every day with frequent patching. This game looks absolutely stunning on ultra settings and plays very well on current hardware. I would highly recommend this game if your computer can handle it. IfThis game is a good sequel to Battlefield 3. It also brings back some things we've all missed from BF2 like commander mode. Sure, there are known bugs and glitches but things are improving every day with frequent patching. This game looks absolutely stunning on ultra settings and plays very well on current hardware. I would highly recommend this game if your computer can handle it. If you're playing on a console you should wait for the next gen consoles to come out before even bothering. Expand
  62. Nov 5, 2013
    All of the scores below 7 are the byproduct of BF4's admittedly tumultuous launch, but we're not here to review the experience of the first 48 hours after launch, we're here to review the game. BF4 improves on its predecessor in nearly every conceivable way, but also manages to push the genre forward in such a way that might redefine what qualifies a first person shooter as beingAll of the scores below 7 are the byproduct of BF4's admittedly tumultuous launch, but we're not here to review the experience of the first 48 hours after launch, we're here to review the game. BF4 improves on its predecessor in nearly every conceivable way, but also manages to push the genre forward in such a way that might redefine what qualifies a first person shooter as being "complete." The gun play is significantly improved and feels much more like Call of Duty (a compliment in my mind) in that it's fast and reactive, and allows close encounters to be as thrilling and tight as vehicular combat has been in the series. DICE left no stone unturned, and they've truly delivered the evolution of the BF series everyone expected them to. Expand
  63. Nov 7, 2013
    very good game and graphics are awesome great improvement over bf3 i have bought premum as well and playing it when ever i get time i hope dice will fix these small bugs and bring better dlc maps in future
  64. Nov 5, 2013
    The most complete multiplayer FPS game out there. Audio, graphics, level design and levolution is just top class. 64-players epic battles with jets, boats and.. never mind. Goodbye family and friends, see you in the summer.
  65. Nov 17, 2013
    the game is brilliant, yes there were lots of server side issues on release and for the weeks that came after. But that doesn't determine how a game really is since it will eventually be fixed. The game is beautiful and stunning to look at. Great story for its single player and awesome maps for its multiplayer. Sometimes i just sit in awe on some maps
  66. Nov 2, 2013
    Epic.
    Epic.
    Originally gave this game a 4 because of network issues. Now playing on 32 person servers for up to 2 hours at a time. The game is epic and I'm loving it. Everything from the russian accents to the heavy breathing in jet air mask to tanks bouncing on hills to craters left by mobile artillery. Epicness all around. The environmental destruction is spectacular, I can crush my tank through a shopping mall room, destroying everything.

The unlock system runs deep each gun starts with a bare ironsights, and most attachments can be earned by killing x number of enemies. Then there are battlepacks that contain rare items.

Gunplay is really fun and responsive, I don't really feel the need for magnifying optics like I do in many other games, the russian red dot does it for me. Oh, and burst fire is a treat extremely accurate and fun.

I run a below minimum spec rig, using intel i3 and GeForce GTS 450. With all graphics on low I get excellent performance 30+ fps, no mouse lag whatsoever.

Overall, as a BF2 and Project reality veteran, I say that this is the shooter that will keep me entertained for a very long time
  67. Nov 12, 2013
    I had a long comprehensive review all typed out, then like an idiot I closed my browser by mistake, so this time around it's going to be dirty.

I swear that most of the people leaving zeros don't even have the game... Most game crashes and freezes are more related to the end-users system than the game client. Most people have either solved their crashes, or have greatly reduced them,

I swear that most of the people leaving zeros don't even have the game...

Most game crashes and freezes are more related to the end-users system than the game client. Most people have either solved their crashes, or have greatly reduced them, and many more (such as myself) play with no problems. If all the claims of the client being an unstable pile of garbage were to be taken at face value, then everyone should be having the same problems and no one should be playing, but that's simply not the case. So please, don't blame the game when you don't know the problem.

Now, there are legit issues, especailly server crashes. However DICE has been addressing these and they have got a lot better. People keep saying there have been no patches, where have they been? Yes there have been patches, both client and server, if you have not seen any patches then you need to update your client.

Riddled with bugs, I see that thrown around a lot. Bugs exist in every game, period. A game like BF4 is probably one of the most complex games ever created, no other game can match it's level of complexity in every aspect, in a few yes, but not all. The price for living on the edge of technology, advancement, and pushing them to their limits is going to be bugs, glitches, and other problems. While there are bugs in BF4, most have little effect on gameplay, with the exception of one beast. Hit detection, however this has been an issue for a long time, since BC2 and BF3, so the chances of this one going away anytime soon are remote.

So why do I give it a 10 out of 10? Because the very thing I love about BF and hate about CoD is the fact that the game is always changing, always evolving, and while there is a price to be paid for this, I for one am willing to pay it.

I find the gameplay, available tactics, and the fact that I have to adapt to some of these new rules refreshing. Sometimes it can be frustrating, but once you figure it out, it's a fantastic feeling. I devoted 374h 8m to BF3, 67h 5m in BF4 so far, and about 80 hours in the BF4 beta. I can honestly say that BF4 is not BF3, and that I thoroughly enjoy this fact. If I wanted to plat the same game over and over, I have CoD for this.

While there are aspects of the game I think could use some tweaking and polishing, such as hit detection, the kill cam, some of the weapon and damage mechanics, and a few other things, overall I love every minute I get to play the game. I have adapted to the new Battlefiled and am starting to take advantage of that knowledge.

The point I want to make is that people need to be more objective in their reviews. Know what you're talking about before writing one or giving the game a rating. Don't blame the game for problems that are just as likely to be on your end, than the client itself. Most of these zeros are left in spite and hate, and are far from objective. They do not paint a fair picture of the game.

Game on!
  68. Nov 4, 2013
    Absolutely incredible! BF4 is a joy to play. It looks gorgeous, the gameplay is immersive, fun and features great emphasis upon teamwork. Frostbite 3 brings fantastic SLI and widescreen support just like its predecessor. I've found the game to run extremely well on ultra settings, even better than the beta.

Leveloution adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield albeit to greater

Leveloution adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield albeit to greater effect on some maps than others. Frostbite 3's ability to deliver seamless and convincing changes to the environment is extremely impressive in my opinion.
  69. Nov 5, 2013
    Gave the game a 10/10 mostly to counter the call of duty noobs who came and gave zero's. In all honesty this game is a solid 8/10, the problems it has have always been present in the battlefield series, so nothing new there, the improvements are a welcome addition as they improve what this game offers that is relatively unique, a battlefield the allows you to do whatever you want, and yetGave the game a 10/10 mostly to counter the call of duty noobs who came and gave zero's. In all honesty this game is a solid 8/10, the problems it has have always been present in the battlefield series, so nothing new there, the improvements are a welcome addition as they improve what this game offers that is relatively unique, a battlefield the allows you to do whatever you want, and yet remains fun. You want to camp, that's great, just watch for the motor rounds, you want to fly a jet, ouch that stinger really hurt, You want to be a tanker, great, you did remember to watch for the mines right,,,, You want to play with a dedicated team, good, just don't forget my team is out there waiting.

All in all a solid game. Though I am worried about the franchise sinking into a Call of Duty game every year model, so if they release a game in 2014 or early 2015 I'm done with the francise, since I am fine with a game every 3 years.
  70. Nov 5, 2013
    Bf4 has done so many improvements comparing to bf3. Dice going into right way, graphic better, aiming better, changes in classes, new,modes. This is really makes bf4 more fun, there are more features but i just want to say dice you are awesomeness
  71. Nov 5, 2013
    I play in Battlefield 4 only Missions,not play in internet.I think ,this game is very good,because Graphic is wonderful and missions is intresting. I think Battlefield 4 can be in top10 the best games in 2013.
  72. Nov 11, 2013
  73. Nov 4, 2013
    This Game is a huge success to Battlefield, The Graphics are amazing, and total destruction is back (some buildings can be reduced to rubble) There is also the return of commander, witch made me very happy, the single player has a very touching story, and multiplier is amazing! over all, I highly recommend this game to any FPS fan.
  74. Nov 7, 2013
    Absolute beauty of a game, it is currently the best looking shooter out there right now, the graphics on ultra are amazing and the multi-player plays like a charm for me. Solid 10.
  75. gax
    Nov 8, 2013
    Great game, nice graphics and really enjoyable game play. Love it. Emphasis on team work makes it really enjoyable and rewarding to pull of things with your team.
  76. Nov 9, 2013
    I am not sure what to say. Perhaps first of all, AMD users need to get the 13.11 Beta drivers (for now), especially the most recent one, which fixed the crashing problems. The same could be said for NVIDIA users perhaps. I haven't crashed for quite a few multiplayer matches, which is rather good! Now onto the review!

We live in a time where there is great cynicism and hate towards

We live in a time where there is great cynicism and hate towards shooters, especially military style shooters such as this. I'm just a person on the sidelines who doesn't care and tries to enjoy video games for what they are, rather than dwelling on what was made in the past. I loved Battlefield since the beginning, but times change, and perhaps for the worse for some people, but for the better for others. Who is to say what's right or not anymore? It's all up to all of you to decide for yourselves if you like a game or not, and if you are mad that your money didn't go to something functional or to your liking, then I understand.

I personally would blame EA, if blame is really neccesary in this situation. EA clearly wants to compete against the Call of Duty franchise creators, Infinity Ward, and DICE was under heavy pressure to do certain things or rush a product out. It can't be any coincidence that Call of Duty Ghosts released so near the release date of Battlefield 4. DICE CARES about their games and feedback, because they are working on a patch right now to fix client side crashing and game instability. They already FIXED the server crashing problems, at least from what I can tell.

Now, the singleplayer. In all honesty, the singleplayer is a fairly big improvement over Battlefield 3's dismal and minimalistic campaign. We can all agree Battlefield 3's campaign, even if it had its moments, was quite lacking. For Battlefield 4, however, we have a few epic moments, with some emotional bits here and there, with generally good voice acting. The combat is rewarding with a new multiplayer style scoring system with leaderboards, and enemies seem to react to your fire especially when you use the "Engage" ability which is a nice touch that makes it feel a tiny bit more tactical. When you use it, the allies that follow you all throughout the game will immediately focus their fire on one or more targets. Said allies are actually not spouting military jargon all the time, and instead are quite a bit more human in their conversations or banter. It's shocking that this would happen in a Battlefield campaign, I know, but I liked "Irish" the most, who has a voice actor that puts on a GREAT performance. The singleplayer has some good bits to it, including collectable/unlockable weapons you can equip/unequip at Bad Company 2 style weapon lockers. There are, shockingly enough, moments where you can either choose stealth or to go in gun's blazing. Overall, it's honestly not THAT bad and hardly that painful, and I reccomend it for shooter fans. I know I'm a shooter fan, regardless of if it is a military shooter or not! We even get fairly big, non linear combat areas at times where you can choose how to approach a combat situation.

Sadly, the singleplayer is weighed down by AI that seems to work, but then falls apart at other times. Even on hard mode, the campaign is too darn easy, and I found myself only dying because the damage enemies do is increased. The game is also hurt by the usual military shooter tropes, such as healthregeneration, and lack of meaningful area exploration. The story, oh man, isn't anything to write home about, but at least the presentation is there!

In conclusion, the singleplayer isn't terrible at all. I have no clue what anyone is talking about anymore... even the critics. I mean, we GET some things that make it so much better anyway such as a scoring system and collectable/unlockable weapons with a few open areas like Bad Company 2's campaign. Really how else could they of made it? Like FarCry 3?! There are only so many ways you can make a military shooter campaign, really now!

As for the multiplayer. Oh boy. Disregard the crashing or server problems, because THOSE WILL BE FIXED... it is an absolutely addictive, complete, and epic experience. In terms of audio and visual qaulity, it's stunning. In terms of immersion and gunplay, it's stunning. In terms of epic situations, that quite frankly, only happen in Battlefield 4, it's stunning! We get 10 maps, which is a juicy amount, with each supporting quite a few game modes. Some of the game modes are a bit flawed, but for the most part, I have a great time on them, and all of them are beautiful! Except Operation Locker, that map is awful, which I'd call the new "Metro" map! There really isn't much else to say. We have new "Battlepacks", which make ranking up even more rewarding and fun, and tons of accesories, upgrades, and whatnot for EVERYTHING. Even vehicles have camos now you can customize!

To summarize for the TL;DR crowd. Battlefield 4 has a modestly okay campaign, with an even more complete multiplayer! Not a bad game.
  77. Nov 5, 2013
    Extremely fun and ruthless. This game allows you to slow down, with 8v8 or 4v4, or have a super intense match full of chaos and mayhem at 32v32. The gameplay itself has been heavily improved and polished from BF3, and it looks great. I'm glad they changed a lot, to a point where it doesn't feel like BF3 any more than it feels like BC2 or BF2.
  78. Dec 5, 2013
    this game is game of the year, one of the best fps I have ever played, the story is a huge improvement from bf3 story although it isn't a very good story it's ok, but the real treat is the multiplayer, the multiplayer is one of the best I have ever played, and with my r9 290 it runs on 70-100 fps on ultra so I am recommending bf4 to everyone that has a computer that can run bf4 on morethis game is game of the year, one of the best fps I have ever played, the story is a huge improvement from bf3 story although it isn't a very good story it's ok, but the real treat is the multiplayer, the multiplayer is one of the best I have ever played, and with my r9 290 it runs on 70-100 fps on ultra so I am recommending bf4 to everyone that has a computer that can run bf4 on more than 30 fps on medium Expand
  79. Nov 7, 2013
    The game basically survives off of its great foundation from Battlefield 1942 alone. There are so many things wrong the game it's unbelievable, but that's not to say it's a bad game all in all.
    Here is almost everything wrong with the game:
    Here is almost everything wrong with the game:
    The PC version requires you to run Origin, you internet browser, and the game. The client crashes almost every other match you play. The sound cuts out almost every match. The hit detection is sometimes spotty. The maps are imbalanced on every gametype except conquest-try swimming for a minute into sniper fire armed only with a pistol to reach one of seven objectives (rush on paracel storm). Vehicles are imbalanced as well: choppers are hard to fly, hard to get kills with, and easy to shoot down. Tanks are invincible to everything except engineers, and jets... jets. Engineer is the only worthwhile class. The unlocks are terrible-most of the starting weapons are objectively better in every way. Spending an hour unlocking another red dot sight that gives the same benefits is really obnoxious. The list goes on and on.
    The core gameplay is fun, really fun. Just turn a blind eye to all of the broken mechanics and you will be fine.
  80. Dec 17, 2013
    I dont know why users says that has lot of lagg or there are meny bugs. i have played more then 300 hours and i had only 2 minutes of lagg at the launch. Bugs??? at the launch yes know, same as COD.
  81. Nov 6, 2013
    Despite the lackluster "on-rails" campaign and issues regarding server crashes, client crashes, and poorly optimized netcode, BF4 is still a great game. The visuals are breath taking, the destruction is amazing and really adds to the dynamics of the maps while opening up different ways of reaching attack points or objectives, and the customization system is greatly improved over what wasDespite the lackluster "on-rails" campaign and issues regarding server crashes, client crashes, and poorly optimized netcode, BF4 is still a great game. The visuals are breath taking, the destruction is amazing and really adds to the dynamics of the maps while opening up different ways of reaching attack points or objectives, and the customization system is greatly improved over what was offered in BF3. Expand
  82. Nov 7, 2013
    Great game, someone says that this is BF 3.5. I do not think there are many differences, you just have to notice them. Unfortunately the second half of the game is Premium. Could be better, I put 9.
  83. Nov 8, 2013
    Multiplayer: This remains the standard for squad-based shooters. Seeing a glorious fully-loaded Conquest battle play out remains as exciting as BF1942, with aircraft, tanks, jeeps and boats all duking it out while infantry takes the battle indoors. There is nothing more exciting than sneaking C4 onto an enemy tank, or having a friendly jet swoop in out of nowhere to smoke the enemy heloMultiplayer: This remains the standard for squad-based shooters. Seeing a glorious fully-loaded Conquest battle play out remains as exciting as BF1942, with aircraft, tanks, jeeps and boats all duking it out while infantry takes the battle indoors. There is nothing more exciting than sneaking C4 onto an enemy tank, or having a friendly jet swoop in out of nowhere to smoke the enemy helo that was about to shred you to pieces. Gameplay is not really all that different from BF3, but certain things such as progression and controls have been refined. And, needless to say, the graphics have gotten an upgrade which is actually a bad thing for players with PS3's, 360's, or older PCs. The Frostbite engine has gotten a new revision for this title, and it shows, both in terms of graphics and in terms of demands on your machine. Comparison videos of 360 vs PC are almost comical, and the minimum specs for the PC version marches on as always. The gap between the old consoles and a high-end PC has never been wider, and if you aren't going to upgrade to a PS4 or Xbox One, or upgrade your PC rig, I suggest you stay away from this title. Seriously: there is no reason anyone should ever buy the PS3 or 360 version of this game! You have been warned!

As always, this is a team-oriented game. Even in Deathmatch mode. People who prefer lone-wolf bunny-hopping DM with no strategy or VoIP required might want to check out a certain other FPS franchise which also released its newest version recently... Ball of Dooty, Fall of Booty, something like that I think.

Anyway, the king of the game remains Conquest, same as any other entry of the (non-BC) Battlefield series. This is the mode where the teams try to capture and hold points; typically, some points are close to each team's initial spawn, while the ones in the center get the majority of the bloodshed. The game does have a couple of infantry-only modes, namely an infantry version of Conquest called Domination, and a Counterstrike-inspired Defuse mode; but these are not the thrust of the game. The other popular mode is Rush, which IMO is better served by the smaller maps and doesn't really work on the big-huge open maps.

Like BF3, this game has lots of roles for players to serve, even if they suck at aiming and can't fly without smashing into a building. Suppressive fire is more significant than before, and only requires you shoot in the general neighborhood of the enemy; healing, rezzing or resupplying gives plenty of points without needing skills at aiming.

The game finally has native VoIP, so you don't have to worry about setting up a vent server anymore, and you can actually talk to people during a pick-up match. Enjoy the thrill of coordinating your squad's next move with the drunk 55 year old in Florida and the caffeinated 10 year old in Ontario. Can't wait, can you?

One of the bad things about multiplayer, as the previous paragraph implies, is the quality of player you are multi'ing with. If you don't have a bunch of IRL friends you can run with, expect to have a very uneven experience with pick-up groups. There is nothing EA can do about this, of course, other than providing single-player modes... more on that in a moment.

The other thing you've heard about is the feature EA's marketing people decided to call... "Levolution." (sigh) Every map gets one big event that can (i.e., will) get triggered by players during the course of the match, such as the famous fall of the skyscraper in Shanghai. While this sort of thing is pretty to look at, IMO this usually makes the map worse for gameplay.

That said, expect to spend countless hours sucked into this game, giggling madly when you knife someone for their tags or /ragequitting after that same damn evil sniper got you for the 5th time in a row... only to return an hour later.

Singleplayer: The campaign is a huge step forward from BF3's laughable story. Yeah sure, the story is still pretty generic and DICE is still lightyears away from what Infinity Ward can put out in the campaign. And there are plotholes you can drive an M1 Abrams through. But at least the story isn't a confused, tacked-on mess like BF3's was; it has its enjoyable moments here and there; and it serves as a decent warm-up against an AI which is improved from last time. No longer will enemy soldiers happily march forward without cover in an endless quest to receive a lead transfusion from the player. And it does have some beautiful set pieces here and there, making full use of the Frostbite 3 engine, such as the mission on the sinking aircraft carrier. That said, the AI still kinda sucks overall, and the campaign is ridiculously easy compared to any COD campaign, even on Hard. "Better than BF3's campaign" is a very low bar to clear.

What would have been nice to see would have been a return of the bots to skirmish against on MP maps. Not a huge thing, but it would have made learning the maps so much easier without flesh-and-blood players shooting at me.
  84. Nov 18, 2013
    For me, the best multiplayer FPS together with Battlefield 3.
    I think people has to stop viewing just the bad things (crashes, bugs), you all know they are going to get fixed.
  85. Nov 18, 2013
    Besides a few server bugs there is zero to complain about in the game. It's maps are amazing in every game mode from small firefights to all out war. Nothing like this has ever been attempted let alone run so smooth. Ignore the haters, try it you will not regret it.
  86. Nov 23, 2013
    I love the new multiplayer! It's the second Battlefield that I play and it's just awesome! Some say, the destruction of buildings is just eyecandy but I disagree. You can use destroyed buildings as protection and the "Levolution" thingy forces the people to change their strategy in mid-game.
  87. Jul 27, 2014
    Держите Дайсы и ЕАсты свою оценку за убогий дизайн карт, за баги, которые до сих пор есть =*
    Лучше BF3 только отсутствием той сраной синевы с чернотой и литров блюра.
  88. Dec 5, 2014
    Pros:
    Pros:
    As of Dec '14, BF4 is mostly playable. Tickrate is low and there's still remnant bugs, but that's to be expected in ambitious titles like these. Undoubtedly this game has the best sound design in the gaming industry; props to DICE for hiring great sound engineers. Sound is 50% of a game and not many developers realize that. Overall, I think DICE found sweet spot between military-sim Arma and CoD.

Cons:
    Rocky launch probably drove away lots of paying customers. Major issues took way too long to fix. Vehicles feel a tad too arcadey.
  89. Dec 8, 2013
    This is really BF3.5 and could have been another series of map packs, but hey ho, they need to keep the franchise alive and with the newer Frostbyte engine I suppose it's forgivable. As a game, it's actually pretty good, although I am aware of the balance being off when faced with the invincible chopper whores with their fellow player repairing the aircraft in flight. I long for the daysThis is really BF3.5 and could have been another series of map packs, but hey ho, they need to keep the franchise alive and with the newer Frostbyte engine I suppose it's forgivable. As a game, it's actually pretty good, although I am aware of the balance being off when faced with the invincible chopper whores with their fellow player repairing the aircraft in flight. I long for the days of BF2 when they had to return to a base to refuel and re-arm. The snipers are as usual a menace, which is why a lot of servers limit them. The initial bugs were annoying, with random crashes and connection errors. It shows a disrespect for delivering a quality assured product and a disrespect for the customer. No other consumer product has the ability to sell something half arsed made, so why should you! Don't get me wrong, this is a very good game and is getting better, but could have been fantastic from the beginning! Expand
  90. Dec 22, 2013
    LOL What? 6.0 user score for best looking and playing fps ever? It deserves at least 8, not lower. Nice graphics, nice optimised, best multiplayer etc
  91. Mar 11, 2014
    Major gameplay upgrade from the 3rd and the rest of its series, and it compiles all the best aspect from the predecessor like the squad size and commander.
    But its already 5 month since this game released and it still has too many bugs which hinder the fun. But the effort from the developer to fix the bugs is appreciated.
    *. This review based on the multiplayer experience.
  92. Nov 8, 2013
    I'll start with the few negative points first i've had the game a week now & its frozen 5/6 times when loading connecting to an online map, with on one time wiping my progress/saved date file, they are the only problems I have, one feature I wish they would have kept from BF3 was the ability to customize your online loadout in the menu. I have to be honest when I first started playingI'll start with the few negative points first i've had the game a week now & its frozen 5/6 times when loading connecting to an online map, with on one time wiping my progress/saved date file, they are the only problems I have, one feature I wish they would have kept from BF3 was the ability to customize your online loadout in the menu. I have to be honest when I first started playing online it didn't give me that buzz I had compared to BF3 or BC2, but now as the more I play online is really growing on me, its typical BF with a few new features, the campaign so far blows BF3 out of the water, but then again it didn't really need to try extra hard. By making the rate of fire indicator visible in hardcore is a god send, instead of having to waste ammo to find out, also it feels like bullets do more damage, you have confidence in knowing when you fire a burst at an enemy he's going down, it didn't feel like that it BF3. So all in all I like the game its made improvement in the right places, while adding features in the environment that really fill you with panic when you're running for your life to the edge of a skyscrapers roof to parachute off after hearing the building your standing on is about to collapse. Expand
  93. Mar 23, 2014
    Great FPS
    Positives:
    - Way better than BF3, improved in every way possible. Feels more like Battlefield
    - Excellent Maps
    - Extremely good unlocking and customization systems
    Negatives:
    - Single player sucks, what sucks even more is that you HAVE to complete the campaign to unlock 3 MP guns, including the P90 (which is amazing). I honestly couldn't be asked to finish the SP.
  94. Nov 7, 2013
    this is like BF3.5 rather than BF4.
    there is no much progress from BF3.
    maybe if this BF4 came out as BF3 two years ago, everybody gave it applause. in fact, BF4 isn't that bad game. at least, not game at all. but also this is not very good game. there are a lot of problem that everyone already said here. the worst problem is that EA try to make another COD(Call of Duty) game.
    this is like BF3.5 rather than BF4.
    there is no much progress from BF3.
    maybe if this BF4 came out as BF3 two years ago, everybody gave it applause.

in fact, BF4 isn't that bad game. at least, not game at all.

the worst problem is that EA try to make another COD(Call of Duty) game.
    they rushed to release BF4 with a lot of bugs, because they wanted to release this before COD:Ghosts came out.

I hope Dice will leave EA, then they make FPS for not child.
  95. Nov 4, 2013
    My Rating Current state 7.5. Once minor bugs (most importantly sound) are fixed 8.5

I think many people on here are rushing their reviews, and going to the extreme when they really don't need to (shocking for the internet, I know....lol). I"m going to break down what I believe the game does best, as well as what it does well and not so well. - The Best - Level Design Level

- The Best -
    Level Design
    Level destruction
    Level dynamics
    Graphics

The levels and visuals in Battlefield are by far the best part of this game. The changing landscape and destructible environment makes the game feel very cool. There are moments when you are unable to capture an enemy point, so you decide to tank the entire place down instead. Those saying that this is merely a gimmick are insane. No other games even attempts to do the things that this game does. From capture points that move depending on who owns them, levels flooding and needing to make your way to higher ground, or a hurricane coming through and making waves huge, the levels are by far the most impressive thing about Battlefield 4. Hiding behind a concrete wall? Too bad, a tank just blew that ish up and you need to move. Camping on top of a building as a sniper? Make sure you base jump off when you here it rumbling to the ground. 10/10 for the level concepts, and all visuals in general. Very impressive on Max settings.

- The Good -
    Player spawn system
    Vehicle balance
    Gun Balance

- The Bad -
    Glitchy movement, especially around recently demolished items
    Glitchy sound
    General Mobility
    General "Make things easier" modes actually make things harder.

For all the great things this game does, it is lacking in some pretty basic functions. By far the most frustrating thing in the game in my opinion so far is the inability to maneuver around and over certain objects. There will be moments where nothing but a 2x4 sitting 5 inches above the ground will stop you from going to where you want to go. Try to jump over it, and you will hit an imaginary ledge that you cannot jump over unless you step back and clear the object all together. It can be worked around, but in a game that should be as fast paced as ever, you get slowed down by some really stupid stuff. This problems happens the most with objects that have been destroyed, but it even happens without it at times, making this a big downside for me.

Another reason for not giving this game a higher score was the glitched out sound. The game really feels like an unfinished product when you are running in a giant battlefield, only to have a tank go right past you..... while you hear absolutely nothing. The sound decides to just drop out entirely whenever it feels like it in certain levels, and it is pretty amazing that this problem wasn't fixed earlier. I realize that this problem will be fixed in upcoming patches, but this is a clear sign that Battlefield wanted to beat out the release date of COD Ghosts, and worried less about the finished product. The funny thing is, the sound issue wasn't in the beta, which just means they were trying to get as many people to play their most popular and complete level, not actually bug testing. Highly disappointing from EA, but i've come to expect that from them.

Another gripe I have about the game play is any and all mechanics that attempt to make the user do less action to perform something. For example, leaning around walls by just walking up to them and aiming down sight is awful. It sounds good on paper, making the user not have to hit any extra buttons, but it is a bad idea. Too often you will get into an argument with a wall, hoping to lean out one direction, only to aim down sight and look at the pretty texture at the wall. Other times you will lean the wrong way entirely, making you look like a buffoon. Other times you will be ready to line up a player in your sights, only to put your bipod down on a rock and totally throw off your aim. Or you will try to jump up on top of a ledge to snipe off of, only to have your guy do a 1 hand hurdle all the way off the building forcing you to parachute. If you want to add those ideas into the Xbox or Playstation because those players don't have the buttons to perform separate actions, fine. But don't do it to a pc gamer who has 100 extra buttons he could use to lean, or hurdle, or use a bipod. The attempt to make the game easier for the player just makes it more clunky.

So in conclusion, I gave this game an 8.5. In its current state, I would give it a 7.5, but given that some of the bugs are minor and will be fixed shortly, I feel its fair to give it a rating of 8. If I could, i'd give it an 8.5.

The game will blow you away graphically, and it won't disappoint you in combat either. Aside from the few hiccups, this game is one of the best FPS I've played in a while. The gun mechanics are challenging enough to keep you interested, and the guns you unlock are well worth the effort. Don't let the exaggerated negative comments stop you from experiencing this game.
  96. Nov 8, 2013
    Great game with cool map design. At release there was bugs and texture glitches but all those are almost fixed now. I must say that when you release the game you present the final product and there should not be any gamebreaking or experience killers. That's why I didn't give full 10 out of 10. Levolution was bit too hyped but it still has some cool stuff like flood zone which almostGreat game with cool map design. At release there was bugs and texture glitches but all those are almost fixed now. I must say that when you release the game you present the final product and there should not be any gamebreaking or experience killers. That's why I didn't give full 10 out of 10. Levolution was bit too hyped but it still has some cool stuff like flood zone which almost remakes the gameplay on the map. Graphics in game are best looking in games to date and sounds are one of the best. Singleplayer is different than in early battlefields but it still is pretty bad. But the collectibles make for bad AI and Unrealistic story. Although this is a game, its a militaryshooter and that's why it should not have unrealistic physics and how in bloody hell will you survive huge drop from a building and get crashed by block of concrete and still breath? I been playing this game for 20h and I'm looking forwards to play some more with my friends after writing this review. Game does have great multiplayer whitch is even better with some friends. Overall the game is great with perfect multiplayer and awful singleplayer. I do recommend this for people that like to play with group of friends and have hours and hours of entertainment. Expand
  97. Nov 8, 2013
    right off the bat I'm going to say that this game is a hell of a lot of fun, even on your own. there aren't many games where you can go dogfighting in a jet, jump out parachute down, land in a tank and take out a helicopter from 400m away. I will say this though, it is very similar to battlefield 3 but if the netcode was better and there weren't so many bugs it would be an upgrade in everyright off the bat I'm going to say that this game is a hell of a lot of fun, even on your own. there aren't many games where you can go dogfighting in a jet, jump out parachute down, land in a tank and take out a helicopter from 400m away. I will say this though, it is very similar to battlefield 3 but if the netcode was better and there weren't so many bugs it would be an upgrade in every single way. Expand
  98. Nov 8, 2013
    Game looks amazing. The story was just ok. There a few MAJOR bugs online that need to be addressed immediately.

Other then that, I made the switch from COD to this and I'm not looking back....
  99. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is an amazing multiplayer. It contains something that I have never seen in say, Call of Duty. Vehicles. You can pilot a helicopter, drive a tank, or fire a missile off of a small ATV. Saying nothing of the previous games in the franchise, as I have never played any, this seems to be cutting edge. I unfortunately cannot play this on next gen, so graphics will be the normal forThis game is an amazing multiplayer. It contains something that I have never seen in say, Call of Duty. Vehicles. You can pilot a helicopter, drive a tank, or fire a missile off of a small ATV. Saying nothing of the previous games in the franchise, as I have never played any, this seems to be cutting edge. I unfortunately cannot play this on next gen, so graphics will be the normal for Xbox 360. The story line seems to be a little lacking, but it seems to me that a lot of FPS games have that in common. Be wary of the fact that although there is class customization in multiplayer, you cannot edit in the same ways as Call of Duty, and each class levels independently, so if you only play as Assault, your assault weapons and equipment will advance, but if you all of the sudden go and play as Engineer, everything will be level one and have no unlocks. THE BOTTOM LINE:

Pros: Graphics, Vehicles, Guns, Multiplayer

Cons: Some maps too large for fast paced gameplay, Xbox 360 cannot support more than 24 players, somewhat lacking campaign, other users have reported crashes.
  100. Jun 22, 2014
    I bought it at discount from Origin June 2014. The multi-player aspect is really phenomenal. I haven't played the campaign much but it looked more than decent.

I know the game shipped unfinished and Dice lost an opportunity to dazzle and wow players because of it. But the game I started playing is brilliant.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    Battlefield 4 could just as well be called Battlefield 3.5. The new Battlefield features are only marginal improvements over Battlefield 3, but even as such it leaves the competitors way behind. Hopefully the bugs will be squashed soon. [Nov 2013]
  2. Jan 13, 2014
    Even if multiplayer wasn't buggy, Battlefield 4 would still only be a barely passable installment in all respects besides the snazzy graphics. EA and DICE played it safe by providing the same thing they did the last time around, with another phoned-in campaign and only minor alterations to the online.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Battlefield 4 keeps soldiering on in the same footsteps as previous games in the series. The lack of worthwhile news makes you wish for more. Dice stays in its comfort zone calls for explosions and not much more. The series needs to evolve or fade out.