5.9

1. Oct 29, 2013
    Game looks to be same as BF3 but in gameplay wise it is very different. you cant just sprint and then shoot. there is noticeable lag when sprint (not bad). Guns mechanics seem to be better. Now you cant snipe guys with a controlled AR rifle. You now actually need a scope to engage at longer range. Now guns just dont lose accuracy after some only 3 bullets. you can fire longer burst. Suppression blur is removed. there is only a gun sway when you are suppressed without any accuracy hit and blur. guns and vehicles are more open to customization like you have more accessory slots for weapons and vehicles. Map design is very good. there are no choke points so far. you can always come back in game with alot of flanking ways. Expand
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    The new installment of the battlefield franchise has improved upon its predecessor in many forms! It contains an immerse multiplayer experience that'll leave you to want more of the adrenaline rush! The campaign was a bit lackluster but, if you are looking for a game that delivers exponentially on multiplayer. This is the must have game for you!
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    This game has the most intense,immersive graphical experience in a game Ive ever witnessed. By far its the best BF and FPS Ive ever played. Im sorry some are having issues but Ive played a week without any. Its unusual for me to back a game so highly but when that storm rolls in on "Paracel" I just sit there stunned. Ive never seen, or heard, anything like it before.
  4. Oct 29, 2013
    Fantastic looking game, fantastic playing game and generally a much more polished and fun experience than the previous BF3. Even the campaign has seen some major improvements granted it's still not a spectatular experience, it sets up for the Multiplayer quite well. Commander mode and the new levolution aspect is actually quite well done and gives the battlefield a whole new depth. Gun handling and general flow in the FPS gameplay has been improved to feel more responsive and enjoying. Absolute top game so far. Expand
  5. Oct 29, 2013
    Epic Multiplayer Matches on fantastic maps! Top class graphics and audio on Next-Gen and PC. It is definitely a must have game vor every gamer out there!
  6. Oct 29, 2013
    Truly is a great sequel. Everything about it except for the campaign which felt linear, is flawless. The netcode is great and the battles in multiplayer are epic and really do take you a trip down memory lane in terms of BFBC2 destruction. It may be considered to be called BF 3.5 but trust me those are the people who haven't played it. Truly an amazing game, it really has its moments.
  7. Oct 29, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is putting the franchise back on the right track. While they still cram a singleplayer campaign in there, it's closer and closer to a simple tutorial at this point. Multiplayer is feels bigger in every single aspect, and it's an absolute blast to jump into the fray, time and time again.

While I wish they would get better writers and put together a more compelling
    singleplayer campaign, as they are clearly capable of creating the most cinematic moments in the FPS genre, Battlefield is a multiplayer game, and that's where it truly shines. Expand
  8. Oct 29, 2013
    I'm rating this solely on multiplayer as I never touch the single player component of battlefield games, the map design is better than ever, the visuals are the best ones out there, better netcode, what else is there to say, it is whatever we hoped for in Battlefield 3.
  9. Oct 29, 2013
    If you liked BF2 or BF3, you'll love this game! Looks great, plays great. Campaign is awful and it doesn't have anything really innovative or new, but it's just a ton of fun!

Obviously if you don't like Battlefield... BF4 isn't going to do anything to change your mind.
  10. Oct 29, 2013
    Metacritic should have people reviewing user reviews to make sure they aren't like all of these reds. People give zeros because high specs are needed to play? People give zeros because campaign sucks? Who plays campaign? This is a online multiplayer game and always has been. This game deserves an 8.5 to 9, but I have to give a 10 to counter all the rejects that walk the planet.
  11. Oct 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is best Battlefield best multi player game best explosion best game play amazing thank u EA .

The most complete multiplayer FPS game out there This is the must have game for you!
  12. Nov 2, 2013
    Epic.
    Originally gave this game a 4 because of network issues. Now playing on 32 person servers for up to 2 hours at a time. The game is epic and I'm loving it. Everything from the russian accents to the heavy breathing in jet air mask to tanks bouncing on hills to craters left by mobile artillery. Epicness all around. The environmental destruction is spectacular, I can crush my tank
    through a shopping mall room, destroying everything.

The unlock system runs deep each gun starts with a bare ironsights, and most attachments can be earned by killing x number of enemies. Then there are battlepacks that contain rare items.

Gunplay is really fun and responsive, I don't really feel the need for magnifying optics like I do in many other games, the russian red dot does it for me. Oh, and burst fire is a treat extremely accurate and fun.

I run a below minimum spec rig, using intel i3 and GeForce GTS 450. With all graphics on low I get excellent performance 30+ fps, no mouse lag whatsoever.

Overall, as a BF2 and Project reality veteran, I say that this is the shooter that will keep me entertained for a very long time
  13. Oct 29, 2013
    BF4, the best bf yet! Return of commander mode, more destruction, more everything! You cant go wrong.. Only thing it needs is more DOGS... LMFAO.. Really tho this is the best shooter bar none on PC or any system.. COD is garbage, but we need something to keep all the 10 year old screaming kids away...
  14. Oct 29, 2013
    The new Battlefield game is simply fantastic. I haven't touched the single player and wouldn't include it in the review even if I had. BF games are all about the multiplayer. BF4 does that very well. The destruction is much more so than in BF3 but not too much that it breaks the gameplay. The levelution is very cool and distinct on each map. The sound design, as with all the latest BF games, is simply mind-blowingly good. The gunplay is top notch. Level design, while there are still a couple maps I haven't fully explored, is great. The close quarters maps are nowhere near the fuster cluck that Metro is. Lots of flanking routes that just make sense. Graphically, it is the best game out right now (excluding graphics mods for certain games).

An easy 10/10 for me.
  15. Oct 29, 2013
    Great improvement to an already outstanding game. I was worried they would make the gameplay worse but they actually made it better. I won´t give my score based on single player because i never played any. For the multiplayer part, there´s no better FPS atm.
  16. Oct 30, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a improvement from BF3, despite the fact that it may seem similar in some aspects. It's 64 players of massive battles whether it be sea, land or air. However if you searching for a quick and no teams, you can go play CoD. In Battlefield 4, you work as a team to achieve a common goal, to dominate the other team and win. I hope DICE's expansions will be fantastic.
  17. Oct 30, 2013
    If you give this game a negative rating, you are a hater. Yep, that's right. It's that good. While Battlefield 4 bears many similarities from the last installment probably the reason for why the haters give it a negative score), it definitely has erased out all the flaws of the last one and got to a whole new level. Fully destructible environment, renovating class-system, smooth gameplay, Battlefield 4 is a must-have for all of you who enjoys teamwork, fun, and knocking down 50 storey buildings. The game deserves a 9, but i will give it a 10 to balance out the haters, Expand
  18. Oct 29, 2013
    From the moment you boot into the game, you know that you are inside an instant classic. Battlefield 4 implores you with its gameplay, graphics and sounmd design that it is a major player. It is hard to find a game that offers more and with such accomplishment.

The single player game now seamlessly integrates you into the mechanics of the multi-player game; the part of the game
    where Battlefield earns its stripes and really shines. But do not let this make you think that somehow the single player is not worthy of a play-through, it is; in-game unlocks which can be used in the multi-player, game-play mechanics which will assit you in playing against humans and within your squad, the bombardment of graphics, tension and action within the single player element has cast aside the poorly paced single player in Battelfield 3.

Battlefield 4 is eye candy and ear candy and action candy... in fact it is the sweetshop of games; it offers much for those who wish to invest time into the game and also for those that are primarily interested in the single player. If you are such a person, the single player will induce you to try out the multiplayer element at least once.

There are many first person shooters which are due to come out this year and early the next year, but Battlefield 4 has set itself up as a must play FPS for any hardcore and casual gamer alike for at least the next 2 years.

Play. Enjoy. Discover. Battlefield 4.
  19. Oct 29, 2013
    There is no doubt of two things: Battlefield 4 has stark similarities to BF3, and the campaign is short and, while entertaining, ultimately mediocre.

I would like to first say that, far as the similarities, that's not a bad thing. BF3 had great gameplay, top notch graphics, and the best audio effects of any game of it's type. However, BF4 has improved on BF3 in a variety of ways.
    Commander mode, lost since BF2, is now back. In-game Voip is included. The squad system has been revamped and greatly enhances teamwork. The maps are much better designed. The graphics are much improved, and are among the best of any game to date. The vehicles' physics and handling has been improved. There are vastly more weapons and much deeper levels of customization available. There is far more destructibility, including the levolution Dice has been pushing, which not only looks fantastic but has a real impact of gameplay. There's even a peeking system and the ability to swim and fight in water. If you want to jump right in and start shooting CoD style, there's plenty of map and objective variants for that as well.

Yes, EA has a horrible reputation, and many have been pointing to the battlepacks as examples of EA trying to nickel and dime people. However, these packs are essentially just shortcuts for randomized items, and all the items acquired in them can be done so through normal gameplay. While many had regrets about purchasing Premium for BF3 when it first came out, those concerns evaporated as each new DLC was released. Despite the steep cost of the base game and Premium, I don't doubt that people will feel the same way once the DLCs begin being released.

Ultimately, if you want a multiplayer sandbox FPS, this is the game for you. There are alternatives Arma 3 is far more tactical, and caters to a niche of players (and is also pretty buggy), while CoD will have its action-movie like campaign and straightforward multiplayer. But I think that, especially of Ghosts is as lackluster as Black Ops 2 was, BF4 will rightfully be the turning point in their competition.
  20. Oct 29, 2013
    An amazing improvement over BF3 from graphics to gameplay. The maps are huge and are designed in a way that gives each of them a very distinctive type of gamepley forcing the palyer to be more versatile. Campers are shortlived and not as succesfull as back on BF3 and there is no all mighty weapon like the M16 on BF3 hence all the whinnie you see posting here.
    There are some bugs and
    glitches on the release but, hey, if you think it was going to be different with a game from DICE then you're a worthless noob to the series and shouldn't be crying but concentrating in not sucking so much in life and get better in the game.
    10/10!!!
  21. Oct 29, 2013
    This game is amazing!! In my eyes, BF3 was a very good multiplayer game, but THIS..OMG, it has improved on it, in every single area. Better graphics, sound, gameplay, maps. Good job DICE!
  22. Oct 29, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is the 1st game to officially kick off the "next gen" and it shows. Everything about the gameplay has been extremely polished.The graphics look amazing and run smoothly on Ultra Settings with the latest Nvidia beta driver. Commander Mode is back for those of you who remember playing Battlefield 2. As a longtime BF vet, I have nothing but positive comments.... go buy it!!!
  23. Oct 29, 2013
    Forget the campaign, this is all about multiplayer, in that aspect, this game is astonishing, with more team-oriented gameplay than before, true gun sounds like Bad Company 2 and the dynamic maps, it's a very enjoyable experience!
  24. Oct 29, 2013
    Compared to Battlefield 3, this game is even better. After playing for the first 3 hours after the game came out, I was absolutely visually stunned. The level of detail compared to Battlefield 3 is more than I thought would have been possible given the 2 years of development. Vehicle controls (specifically helicopters) are so much nicer and smoother compared to previous instalments.

10/10, it's everything I wanted. No complaints.
  25. Oct 30, 2013
    For some reason, have now made their way on to metacritic. Preaching about GTA V being the only good game out there and I say em, they're the cause for this game getting a bad user score. Just crank that 6.5 back up ton a 9 and then you have what should be the user score for this game, minus the The game is excellent by the way, plays well with a variety of GPU's, has improved the lag from the beta and has taken everything we love about the franchise and put it into one game, plus a few new features as well, which suit the title perfectly. 10/10 form me as it is the most solid FPS experience to date Expand
  26. Oct 29, 2013
    Of course its similar to Battlefield 3, that's why they call it a sequel. BF3 was such an amazing game, I'd be disappointed if they didn't keep the sequel close. That being said The environments are much more dynamic. Explosions and heavy armor are much scarier as many more places are destructible. Environments change, creating an amazing experience. The game feels much more real and immersive. The sights and sounds have improved even when BF3 had them done so well.
    And what matters most It's a brilliantly fun multiplayer game that promotes teamwork and offers something for all kinds of FPS players.
  27. Oct 30, 2013
    First of for those saying graphically it doesn't look better than Bf3. They are ether blind or liars its the best looking fps their is hands down. And second I play Battlefield for Multiplayer and too date this is the best their is so far it will be and instant classic. The combat is so smooth it feels cinematic and the new focus on squads makes it feel like I am really working with my team so many improvements and they brought back stuff they took out of the old ones and tweaked stuff from Bf3 I am loving it. Expand
  28. Oct 29, 2013
    Amazing graphics and multiplayer, a lot to offer in the long run and you'll probably be playing this for a long time since with all the additional content and bonuses. Singleplayer ending was rather lackluster
  29. Oct 29, 2013
    The negatives are either COD fanboys or trolls to be honest. The single player isn't THAT bad. I would say its okay, but its Battlefield so who cares about SP? Multiplayer on the other hand is excellent and I mean it when I say that. Its much more smoother.
  30. Oct 29, 2013
    Incredible visuals, big improvement on BF3. Well laid out maps that dynamically change based upon destruction or weather. Key triggers that allow you to bring down certain skyscrapers. Of course these dynamic changes aren't perfect and in some cases a little scripted but you're not going to find this level of dynamic change in any other game.
    If you had no interest in any previous BF
    games then this one won't suddenly change your mind since the gameplay and style are exactly like the previous versions, just improved upon.
    Campaign is crap but if you're playing BF for the campaign and not multiplayer then you're really not playing BF for it's true purpose.
    Dont' complain about the high PC specs. If you can't afford to be a PC gamer then you should go play on a console.
    You probably won't notice much of a visual change from BF3 if you can't run Very high or Ultra settings.
    The game doesn't appear to have many bugs but patches for sure will be coming. I personally played for about 3 hours and had BF4 crash to desktop once. There's been significant bug squashing since the beta.
    "Test bench" is a welcome addition where you can practice in a "sandbox" with all the vehicles (and infantry) to hone your skills.
    Commander Mode and Battle Feeds look like fun although I've not checked them out yet.
    If you're looking at this honestly, BF4 has improved upon BF3 in just about every way. Frankly if you can't see that you're simply being biased.
    It's going to be a lot of fun leveling up again and unlocking new items.
  31. Oct 29, 2013
    Is this game better than BF3? Yes. Is it the best battlefield yet? No. BF2 still holds that. The campaign, albeit very short, is much more exiting an intense than that of BF3, and the multiplayer presents a much wider variety of vehicles, guns, maps and customability. Technology-wise the launch has been much smoother than that of BF3, and the graphics are quite literally, the best I have ever seen. (Yes, better than Crysis 3 and Halo 4.) Definitely worth buying. Expand
  32. Oct 29, 2013
    Amazingness, epicness, action moments and great campaig make this the best war simulator. Now the story and charecters dont appeal well but you well but the reason you will be playing this is the multiplayer once again multiplayer is like platinum maps are amazing and the power of levolution brings something new and catches your fancy.you will be able to do various things in the multiplayer such as trap people and bring tusunamis in the battle.it is once again outstanding and highly recommend you pick this up at full price Expand
  33. Oct 30, 2013
    Best (Battlefield) multiplayer experience I ever had. No regret. The singleplayer is a little bit boring, but I understand that DICE is not very good with campaigns. The power of the frostbite engine makes it a very realistic fun experience. No doubt.
  34. Oct 29, 2013
    game is oustanding i like this game hope all guys enjoy the game deserved 1010.
    Top class graphics and audio on Next-Gen and PC right mr bldglrsh. and game is realy osome
  35. Oct 30, 2013
    everything you can possible imagine to make bf3 better, it is on this game, better campaign (though not perfect), better graphics, all new levolution were you can change map playability by destructing the environment or just closing doors, awesome new maps, much more variables to play the different maps thanks to levolution and a better balanced power and mobility of infantry and vehicles (planes, choppers, tanks, jeeps, boats) around the map, new game modes pretty interesting and fun and the commander mode
    i think we are in front of a game that will show the path for next games to come, at least in the way the game has improved and all the experience they are giving to players. sure that campaign isn't the way to go, i mean only the mp, but i think that it's pursue is to be more "non-gamers" friendly, cause once you get on mp, you will had a bad time if you are not familiarized with fps.

the learning curve isn't fast, until you find how to survive on this massive maps fulled with 64 players, you will die a lot, and sometimes find it frustrating. after that is the most enjoyable fps out there.
  36. Oct 30, 2013
    Its better than Battlefield 2 or BC2 or 3.. Better graphics, destruction, shooting, maps.. Optimalization is great, im running it on ultra and 2x MSAA.
  37. Oct 30, 2013
    I don't understand where all the negativity is coming from. The feedback from my friends is superb. I question whether Activision has unleashed a bunch of EA bashers to purposely try to thwart BF4's launch. My experience is that the game blew me away and really pushed my rig to places it had not been in a while. The textures and environments blew me away. Gameplay is engaging, brisk and very balanced. After a few hours I can easily say this is the best shooter I have ever played. Expand
  38. Oct 31, 2013
    This game really know how to please the multiplayer within. Everything you could ask for in a shooter is here. New game modes, small maps for close quarter killing, big maps for unmatched vehicle warfare, and so much strategy is involved. There really is no better FPS. And I have played a lot! I played years of COD but man this is so much more.
  39. Oct 30, 2013
    It's all about frosbites 3 engine that push forward the game visual boundaries. When helicopters fly over sand, well the sand is lifted in turmoil like it suppose to. The ocean maps are very impressive and it gives us a bit of how well the new engine as been improved since frosbite 2. The wave are impressive! Although the rain isn't, nor the splashing wave on shore. I was staring at all that when i heard a boat siren somewhere around me. I turned my head and saw this giant boat stranding on shore! I dived and swim under water as people were shouting at me from a boat The moving wave making difficult to shoot and add difficulty and realism Escaping underwater is a real plus Dice did a great job and are years ahead of cod and others in term of graphic engine and overall game experience imo. I was a bit scared after seeing the beta But rest assure DICE did a great job at where there best at: Making life-like battlefield and good gaming experience. I wonder what would it be if they come back in the WW2 with this engine! Imagine the allies taking back the Normandy coast! Expand
  40. Oct 29, 2013
    Gameplay is significantly different from Battlefield 3. Everything around the core game has been shuffled around: class rebalance, squad perks, commander/squad leaders, vehicle perks/balance. From first impression the balances seem to add to what Battlefield 3 has brought, but we'll have to see beyond launch date (i.e. bugs/expolits, balance with unlock weapons, map balances, etc). The game is a bit buggy; some seem to be client sided (drivers, internet lag) but a good portion seems to emerge from overloaded servers and just plain subpar netcode. Overall, the game is very impressive, and although the Levolution is sometimes aesthetic and gimmicky, it does add another level of impression of the player's actions having at least some impact on the massive maps. If the game had taken a delay and smoothed out all of the bugs, the game would have been a potential 10. Until the bugs are patched, this game can only live up below its true potential. Expand
  41. Nov 29, 2013
    imo, better than Battlefield 3 in many ways via small improvements everywhere. Still provides potential hundreds of hours of great fun, great value.

It def has some stability problems right now, but it's gotten better, and doesn't mar the great game too much for me. Though if you want it to be super stable, you can hold off to get it until later.
  42. Nov 5, 2013
    Everyone, they have done it again! EA team has demonstrated once more their talence in leading the world's modern warfare gaming standard, which set up the milestone and paved the path of FPS gaming for future generations, which probably influeneced and inspired the whole world for many years afterwards.

BF4 is indeed a masterpiece of video game design. I am grateful that I have the
    honor to become one of a handful of the enlightened masses who possess the knowledge to truly decipher the great meanings and philosphy buried deeply inside this fantastic achievement of art work. The gameplay is fast, fluid, and utterly innovative. This game is so innovative that it does not need to innovate any more. Name one other first person shooter that changes as little as Battlefield while maintaining a large player base, inspiring the whole world and enlightening the public mass. It is impossible. Why? Because only Battlefield has achieved that kind of state and EA team had perfected their technique and dedicated lots of resources in paving the future of video gaming standards.

The story is a beautiful metaphor in itself. The player represents an enlightened and chosen individual who understands the true brilliance of the series. The enemies represent the uneducated masses who cannot comprehend the ridiculously high quality of the installment, and it is the job of the enlightened to deliver true justice to the mainstream.

There is absolutely no other video game that can match BF4's intense and fast paced gunplay. The game is so skill based that it takes skill to make the game take skill. People have to come up with new, inventive ways to restrict themselves so they can come up with an in game challenge. This develops the skills of the player and leads to a much more knowledgable individual. An enlighted BF4 player can easily best a player of the competition, especially in games which require teamwork.

All in all, BF4 is the most competitive game of the previous generation and will undoubtedly be one of the most competitive of the coming generation as well. The game tells a beautiful story and continues the series' affinity for innovation. Excellent work EA. The enlightened embrace you with open, next generation arms.
  43. Nov 3, 2013
    The campaign was awesome, it was a bit short tough but i liked the story, characters and so on. The only thing i hate about this game are the bugs. And for the people who say it looks like BF3 are just blind as f*ck.
    Because this game is a lot better then BF3. Can't wait for Bad Company 3 :D, keep going DICE and EA
  44. Oct 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought this userscore would be another BF vs CoD war but... GTAV? Seriously, you have nothing better to do with your time? I don't even understand the reasoning behind some people.
    Anyway, absolutely beautiful game, definitely worth upgrading your PC for to get it running smooth and crisp. Already this new branch of BF goes above and beyond with the level design and I seriously can't wait to see a Hong Kong based level. Gaming wise, it's much more balanced than the previous version. Unless there are seriously ridiculous late game unlocks then I can't imagine seeing many problems in the way of balance.
    As usual however the single player leaves something to be desired, though there's not much you can do for games of this style in terms of a compelling story line. Admittedly there were a few parts where I actually felt something ((SPOILER: Especially where the two guys were trapped under the grate and going to drown.)) But there are a few too many bugs and slip ups that just tick you off and pull you right back out of it.
    Either way, we all know it's about the multiplayer and as always, it's very, very, very fun.
  45. Oct 30, 2013
    So Battlefield 4 impressions. Campaign is pretty bad, terrible a.i. and one of the most annoying companion characters in recent memory. Graphics, very very good if you have the hardware. Multiplayer, absolutely amazing. The game is pretty buggy, but I've still been having tons of fun with it. Nothing can really compare to hitting that 1000 meter head shot or sweeping the top of a building with a scout chopper and getting 5 kills. And both of those things happened in one mach. Don't buy this game if you want a good story and a long well done campaign. If However you buy the game to play online its worth every penny. Expand
  46. BVG
    Oct 30, 2013
    Best Battlefield game so far, it improves many (if not all) of the most hated features about Battlefield 3. This includes better netcode. It is a worthy successor simply put, with great audio, graphics and level design. On top of that with the new features like the new game modes and Levolution make it a great game.

The games runs an improved version of the engine, although many people
    think it is only a slight increase (aka Frostbite Engine 2.5) with respect to Battlefield 2/ Frostbite Engine 2, it clearly is not. The visual aspect of the game, the handling and the netcode for example are very much so improved without going the 'crysis route' of creating a stunning game that can't be ran properly. Battlefield 4 handles and feels differently then its predecessor, this can be a bit disappointing depending on what you might expect, but in the end it does work better is most aspects, i am sorry to say that if you feel this way but you simply have to adjust... So dit I !

The netcode is still server based which is not the best way to go, but it has been tweaked to such an extend that you as the player don't die behind corners anymore. This still does rarely happen but way less then it used to do. This and other things make the matches way way more enjoyable since there are pretty much no more 'rage moments' for me and overall i feel less cheated by it when it does happen.

The single player of Battlefield 4 has in my opinion been massively improved over Battlefield 3. In Battlefield 3 the story was nonexistent (joke) and felt really chaotic. It really felt like they HAD to showcase everything and made up an story that goes along with that. Off course you should not expect an deep story from a first person shooter but still.. Now for the Battlefield 4 story you could say that same but it is not that bad, it feels way less repetitive although still very linear. Also i don't feel that Dice is forcing me to try and see everything the engine has to offer. The single player is not to long either which in my case is a good thing.

The multiplier is very engaging right from the start, like i said earlier it does feel like a different game and that might upset you a little bit, just like it did to me. But after playing the beta and now the final game i can happily conclude that i am very satisfied with the progress Dice made to the Battlefield series. I came from playing hardcore on Battlefield 3 to Battlefield 4 in normal mode, it looks like dice mixed them up a little bit. The guns do more damage but sniping still 'reacquires' you to aim for the head. The vehicular combat also has been overhauled, the tanks for example don't slip as much around corners and don't have as much ammo so you really have to think about when you shoot (this also applies to infantry as you easily run low on ammo). Air vehicles don't fly though 'thick air' anymore so they are faster and more maneuverable.

Overall it just is a brilliant game and no other that offers this kind of smooth gun play.
  47. Nov 14, 2013
    Brilliant, epic. Level design is great, the best FPS out there bar none. Only one pint docked as the campaign is awful, but no-one really cares about that anyway
  48. Oct 30, 2013
    Outstanding! Best shooter! Only possible on Battlefield! there is something about tackling this game with friends that know how to play that is entirely satisfying you swim, parachute etc. drive tanks ,planes ,helos etc. most fun I have ever had REALLY!
  49. Nov 1, 2013
    This is easily the best shooter yet when the bugs/glitchs and other issues are fixed. The multiplayer is fun the maps are many good maps when you get to learn them. The story is the weak part but I see that BF4 was mostly a multiplayer game. The improvements make this Battlefield 4 not Battlefield 3.5.
  50. Oct 31, 2013
    SP is definitely an improvement from BF3. Not the best SP I have seen but a decent effort from the developers. MP seems even better. I mean, the whole package just feels better. It's not a perfect game but it deserves better than a 7 as clear improvements have been made from BF3. It's best not to take the troll reviews too seriously but with a grain of salt and the presumption that many of them are stupid kids. Expand
  51. Nov 7, 2013
    The game is great. Im not here to rate bugs. They will be fixed. Otherwise the game doesn't crash to often, im one of the luckier ones. The servers hardly crash and the game is great. After a week or two everyone will enjoy the game they are meant to. Its fun as hell and the best Battlefield to date.
  52. Nov 8, 2013
    DICE has done it. They further improved multiplayer mode with more destruction, more game modes and better gameplay. And a campaign that grabs you from the first mission, very well developed, a dash more than decent and great memories. Pity that know little but as everyone knows, the attraction of this game is in the multiplayer mode that provides millions of hours of entertainment.

Undoubtedly, one of the best shotters of all time, with prefect finishing, care and pampered in every single detail.
  53. Nov 8, 2013
    One of the best MP FPS out there and not only in terms of visual and audio. Gameplay has improved quite a lot, maps and classes seems to have better balance comparing to BF3. Everything looks and feels very neat and clean. Tho lot of people are complaining that BF4 is rather BF3.5 i see it as s step further, considering the new options and levolution i can only imagine what they could offer within few years as the playground is getting larger in terms of possible events, scenarios, gear and vehicles.

Campaign isn't exactly spectacular but that shouldn't be a surprise tho i enjoyed it bit more that BF3. Dice should have enough tools in their hands to force players to do some teamwork, that shouldnt be too hard for them but at the moment its not exactly a goal but playing with decent crew on your own might change it easily. There are other things thet could be considered annoying but to be honest i consider them my personal issues as i might not like them but i dont see them affecting the bigger picture on its own game itself is great playground.

Tho what really annoys me is that every time when some kind of sequel is being released, bunch of guys show up and start talking about how great last part was and how crappy the new one is and it happens over and over again. Whining at its best:). I'd ignore most of the negative reviews, few of them consists any decent critics. That's why i've given 10/10 tho more realistic would be 8/10.
  54. Nov 10, 2013
    COD sucks! COD is the worst game ever created! Battlefield rules! Battlefield is king. This is the best FPS ever created! COD sucks! COD is the worst game ever created! Battlefield rules! Battlefield is king. This is the best FPS ever created!
  55. Nov 12, 2013
    I had a long comprehensive review all typed out, then like an idiot I closed my browser by mistake, so this time around it's going to be dirty.

I swear that most of the people leaving zeros don't even have the game...

Most game crashes and freezes are more related to the end-users system than the game client. Most people have either solved their crashes, or have greatly reduced them,
    and many more (such as myself) play with no problems. If all the claims of the client being an unstable pile of garbage were to be taken at face value, then everyone should be having the same problems and no one should be playing, but that's simply not the case. So please, don't blame the game when you don't know the problem.

Now, there are legit issues, especailly server crashes. However DICE has been addressing these and they have got a lot better. People keep saying there have been no patches, where have they been? Yes there have been patches, both client and server, if you have not seen any patches then you need to update your client.

Riddled with bugs, I see that thrown around a lot. Bugs exist in every game, period. A game like BF4 is probably one of the most complex games ever created, no other game can match it's level of complexity in every aspect, in a few yes, but not all. The price for living on the edge of technology, advancement, and pushing them to their limits is going to be bugs, glitches, and other problems. While there are bugs in BF4, most have little effect on gameplay, with the exception of one beast. Hit detection, however this has been an issue for a long time, since BC2 and BF3, so the chances of this one going away anytime soon are remote.

So why do I give it a 10 out of 10? Because the very thing I love about BF and hate about CoD is the fact that the game is always changing, always evolving, and while there is a price to be paid for this, I for one am willing to pay it.

I find the gameplay, available tactics, and the fact that I have to adapt to some of these new rules refreshing. Sometimes it can be frustrating, but once you figure it out, it's a fantastic feeling. I devoted 374h 8m to BF3, 67h 5m in BF4 so far, and about 80 hours in the BF4 beta. I can honestly say that BF4 is not BF3, and that I thoroughly enjoy this fact. If I wanted to plat the same game over and over, I have CoD for this.

While there are aspects of the game I think could use some tweaking and polishing, such as hit detection, the kill cam, some of the weapon and damage mechanics, and a few other things, overall I love every minute I get to play the game. I have adapted to the new Battlefiled and am starting to take advantage of that knowledge.

The point I want to make is that people need to be more objective in their reviews. Know what you're talking about before writing one or giving the game a rating. Don't blame the game for problems that are just as likely to be on your end, than the client itself. Most of these zeros are left in spite and hate, and are far from objective. They do not paint a fair picture of the game.

Game on!
  56. Oct 30, 2013
    I never write reviews on this site or any site for that matter. Really, the critics should guide your decisions when trying something new. They are professionals, and it's there job. But I had to get on here to balance out this stupid COD rivalry going on (which, by the way, seems to me to be mostly COD players attacking BF4).

The game is really great. It improves nearly every aspect of
    the online player experience (except the weapon modification screen which is frustratingly complicated, though I'm getting a handle on it). If you liked BF3 or if at least it interested you but wasn't your thing, check out BF4. DICE and EA are ambitious and most of it they pull off well. If you didn't like BF3s brand of warfare, or prefer smaller, moshpit inspired gameplay chances are BF4 isn't for you. BF4 doesn't want to cater to COD-type warfare. What they do in BF4 is improve their special brand of combat and it really shows. Stop the COD vs BF4 hate. Just play your games and, if you really want to have a good time, stop worrying about the nerdiest rivalry ever and just play both games because they are both good in their own way. Expand
  57. Oct 31, 2013
    Okay. Just as usual, EA forced DICE to release the game earlier than CoD, that's why the game has a great unreleased potential, which will be released soon with DLCs for additional charge. Thank you, EA. Despite this fact, the game is good. Graphics: they are amazing. Yes, there's a lot of bugs and glitches, but.. Anyway, the game looks awesome. A bit better, than BF3. The same I can say about sound. Simulation of the wind and the waves in the sea work well. SP: The plot is hackneyed and linear, but I'm not surprised. BF was never good at it. MP is great, just as usual. DICE added a lot of customization options and levolution. Talking seriously, levolution doesn't influence the game as much as DICE promised, but at least that's something new. Unfortunately, bugs and crushes can ruin all the pleasure. Hope for bugfixes. The latest beta version of graphics card driver solved the problem with crushes, but there's still a tons of work to do and a lot of bugs to fix. I give this game 9 as a prepayment. In fact, it deserves 6-7 for now. But after the release of all bugfixes I think the game will be much better. I can't blame DICE they did a fantastic job just in 2 years! If EA gave DICE more time, at least half-a-year, the game could be perfect. Expand
  58. Nov 8, 2013
    I bought it for multi and its absolutely amazing.Levolution,graphics,balance is Awesome. Its crashing REALLY rare for me, even on 560 Ti I have 50 FPS on medium.One of the best multiplayer games I ever played 10- (for bugs)
  59. Nov 7, 2013
    I bet some of those people who give this game a bad review feel pretty stupid now if they played Ghosts since. Despite the problems this game had when it first launched, problems DICE have said they're working on... it doesn't even compare to the mess that Call of Duty Ghosts. If you're looking for a new FPS and trying to decide between this game and Ghosts... it's an incredibly easy decision. This game absolutely wipes the floor with Ghosts in every single way. So go buy it now... i'll see you on the Battlefield! Expand
  60. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is a good sequel to Battlefield 3. It also brings back some things we've all missed from BF2 like commander mode. Sure, there are known bugs and glitches but things are improving every day with frequent patching. This game looks absolutely stunning on ultra settings and plays very well on current hardware. I would highly recommend this game if your computer can handle it. If you're playing on a console you should wait for the next gen consoles to come out before even bothering. Expand
  61. Nov 4, 2013
    Absolutely incredible! BF4 is a joy to play. It looks gorgeous, the gameplay is immersive, fun and features great emphasis upon teamwork. Frostbite 3 brings fantastic SLI and widescreen support just like its predecessor. I've found the game to run extremely well on ultra settings, even better than the beta.

Leveloution adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield albeit to greater
    effect on some maps than others. Frostbite 3's ability to deliver seamless and convincing changes to the environment is extremely impressive in my opinion. Expand
  62. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolutely a spectacle and an example for all other multiplayer FPS games to take a look at. Dice has perfected the multiplayer formula with the destruction from BC2, the visuals of BF3, and the return of Commander mode. Yes, the campaign is bland and mediocre, but we all know that the multiplayer is the focus of Battlefield. While some items can only be unlocked through campaign, it is not a hindering experience and you might as well run through it once seeing as how short it is. Definitely one of the best multiplayer shooters that the genre has ever seen. Pick this one up for sure! Expand
  63. Nov 5, 2013
    Gave the game a 10/10 mostly to counter the call of duty noobs who came and gave zero's. In all honesty this game is a solid 8/10, the problems it has have always been present in the battlefield series, so nothing new there, the improvements are a welcome addition as they improve what this game offers that is relatively unique, a battlefield the allows you to do whatever you want, and yet remains fun. You want to camp, that's great, just watch for the motor rounds, you want to fly a jet, ouch that stinger really hurt, You want to be a tanker, great, you did remember to watch for the mines right,,,, You want to play with a dedicated team, good, just don't forget my team is out there waiting.

All in all a solid game. Though I am worried about the franchise sinking into a Call of Duty game every year model, so if they release a game in 2014 or early 2015 I'm done with the francise, since I am fine with a game every 3 years.
  64. Nov 5, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is THE king for online FPS. I give it a 9 due to all the bugs, but will surely score a 10 for next gen consoles. No questions asked, if you're up in the air over this and COD, there really is no competition.
  65. Nov 5, 2013
    All of the scores below 7 are the byproduct of BF4's admittedly tumultuous launch, but we're not here to review the experience of the first 48 hours after launch, we're here to review the game. BF4 improves on its predecessor in nearly every conceivable way, but also manages to push the genre forward in such a way that might redefine what qualifies a first person shooter as being "complete." The gun play is significantly improved and feels much more like Call of Duty (a compliment in my mind) in that it's fast and reactive, and allows close encounters to be as thrilling and tight as vehicular combat has been in the series. DICE left no stone unturned, and they've truly delivered the evolution of the BF series everyone expected them to. Expand
  66. Nov 5, 2013
    Bf4 has done so many improvements comparing to bf3. Dice going into right way, graphic better, aiming better, changes in classes, new,modes. This is really makes bf4 more fun, there are more features but i just want to say dice you are awesomeness
  67. Oct 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best war game yet so far.I liked everything in the single player campaign only 1-or 2 thing not
    Pros:Graphics,Music,Story!Endings!Silent hero Yeah i like silent heros because I can more empathize
    the main hero like i was Recker.
    Cons:1, a little more optimisation for pc version,2.Hannah so i chosed her to blew up:)everthing else was fantastic!
  68. Nov 7, 2013
    very good game and graphics are awesome great improvement over bf3 i have bought premum as well and playing it when ever i get time i hope dice will fix these small bugs and bring better dlc maps in future
  69. Nov 8, 2013
    At this point this is the pinnacle of multiplayer FPS. It does things that other games don't even attempt and it looks pretty while doing it. It has a steep learning curve compared to other fps's but that just makes the awesome moments that much better. This is a must play for any fan of shooters.
  70. Nov 5, 2013
    I play in Battlefield 4 only Missions,not play in internet.I think ,this game is very good,because Graphic is wonderful and missions is intresting. I think Battlefield 4 can be in top10 the best games in 2013.
  71. Oct 31, 2013
    Wow. All I can say is wow. The whole game play of this game is outstanding. The story however, is short but sweet. I have not yet played the multiplayer, but I have heard it is outstanding. The missions in the campaign are about 20 minutes each, if you don't get killed. There are 7 levels each in different locations. A good thing about it is that the missions are sandbox-styled. You have to find a way to get to that place, without no "Go here. Go there. Don't go there", it is good because you can explore the map. The only 2 bad thing are: They should give you a little more guidance on where to go, as I got stuck a couple of times and confused. The second thing is that there is no 800x600 resolution. You have to go into the files and change it.

All round, fantastic game. I recommend it to everyone!
  72. Oct 30, 2013
    The Single-Player is a lot better than Battlefield 3s and also any recent Call of Duty game. It's a lot less linear and makes an effort to tone down the racism. Also, it looks AMAZING. Best on PC or on next-Gen consoles.
  73. Oct 30, 2013
    La beta fue muy chula, podiendo destruir un edificio. Por el rato que he jugado en la campaña ha sido
    muy chulo. Del multiplayer es lo mejor que hay hoy en día.

Gráficos: 10
    Sonido: 10
    Multiplayer: 10
    Campaña: 10
  74. Oct 30, 2013
    I'd give it a 10 but it does have a few bugs still that carried over from the beta so it gets a 9. Other than that it's a definite improvement on BF3. The graphics are amazing, the levels are a lot of fun, and some maps are non-stop action.
  75. Nov 1, 2013
    All these butthurt people who judge the game based on it's campaign and bugs and glitches.
    Knowing DICE they will patch it and it will run smooth.
    -People who don't see the graphical improvements in this game are blind and should get their eyes checked. They judge the game based on the shapes of vehicles and guns but how do you change a gun that's supposed to represent the real thing?!

- The lagg and glitches will no doubt be patched and if you look past all that the game offers tons of new things and provides hours of good multiplayer gameplay.
    - People also seem to forget the Dynamic waves, weather, wind, particles and the upped destructability wich is another mayor upgrade from battlefield 3's mostly unusefull destruction.
    - Do not let butthurt people mislead you into thinking this game is going to keep lagging and glitching forever. Dice is bound to patch it and when it comes to that point wich is most likely not far from now it will be.
    -64 players, 100+ weapons, tons of vareity, tons of destruction and 100s of combat hours to be enjoyed.
  76. Nov 1, 2013
    I've been playing the BF series since the start. BF4 is undoubtedly jaw dropping. The graphics, sound, gameplay and balance. Even the SP was rocking!

Why so much negativity over the game?
  77. Nov 11, 2013
    The most complete multiplayer FPS game out there. Audio, graphics, level design and levolution is just top class. 64-players epic battles with jets, boats and.. never mind. Goodbye family and friends, see you in the summer.
  78. Nov 9, 2013
  79. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 10/10
    Best Singleplayer Experiences. Level design, audio, graphics is just top class :)
    Battlefield 4 multiplayer is amazing! I don't understand where all the negativity is coming from...
  80. Nov 4, 2013
    Cool shooter game, new maps, and very much liked the new game-modes, but with the release of very screwed up, left bugs since the beta, many gamers fight off the desire to play it. It seems to me that EA has once again not be able to bypass the Call Of Duty due to such a bad start.
  81. Nov 4, 2013
    This Game is a huge success to Battlefield, The Graphics are amazing, and total destruction is back (some buildings can be reduced to rubble) There is also the return of commander, witch made me very happy, the single player has a very touching story, and multiplier is amazing! over all, I highly recommend this game to any FPS fan.
  82. Nov 5, 2013
    O maior jogo de guerra dos ultimos tempos.. sem falar no realismo que ficou sem igual.. realmente o jogador se envolve nas batalhas com os 64 jogadores.. ficou dificil nao se envolver no meio dos gigantescos mapas. Battlefield veio como todos os outros para deixar marcas e esta ai.. a de melhor jogo do ano!
  83. Nov 5, 2013
    Well, I think I'm getting this game based on the somewhat positive reviews. I was going to get ghosts but there are SO MANY negative reviews just go check it out. It's disapointing because I was psyched for it to come out 2day;(
  84. Nov 5, 2013
    I am really glad to buy this game. Dev are talking to the community. Took the time to do an Open beta. The game is great. Runs smoothly, gameplay is insane.. and man those epic moments that just happens in multiplayer... Playing with your friends really allows you to stick together and make a difference in the fight. Really great game

I dont play singleplayer so my review is base only
    on Multiplayer. Expand
  85. Nov 5, 2013
  86. Nov 6, 2013
    Battlefield 4 gives a lot of fun and entertainment at a very high level. At the beginning is a little bugs but knowing DICE fix it soon;) BF4 lot of freshness and new features requests that can not be described, you have to play it
  87. Nov 6, 2013
    cool....very many ...down....many..lag...many...server boom....but...
    THIS IS BF4 GAME OVER!!
    GOOD bye Call of duty....
    아오 못하네...
    배필
  88. Nov 6, 2013
    Battlefield may not be the best at making SP, but who cares? In multiplayer you can drive tanks, fly helicopters, pilot jets, and sail battleships! Not to mention the awesome frostbite 3 engine! CoD Now releases that you can make holes in walls by using C4! Battle field now releases that you can take down skyscrapers. yeah, its a landslide. When CoD fanboys try to defend their game, the only thing they can argue about is their fan base. It would be retarded to rate how good a game is because of its popularity. Battlefield 4 should be game of the year. Expand
  89. Nov 17, 2013
    the game is brilliant, yes there were lots of server side issues on release and for the weeks that came after. But that doesn't determine how a game really is since it will eventually be fixed. The game is beautiful and stunning to look at. Great story for its single player and awesome maps for its multiplayer. Sometimes i just sit in awe on some maps
  90. Nov 6, 2013
    Starting with the not so good. That would have to be the campaign. You're AI squad mates are absolutely useless. They stand in direct fire. More often then not they seem lost. They hardly listen to your commands. The enemy AI will run directly past three of your squad mates to fire at you. The good very open missions. Not so linear like in BF3. The campaign is enjoyable enough to finish. The multiplayer is brilliant. Extremely well designed maps. Addictive combined arms combat. Massive amounts of level up items. If you're PC is capable of running it at ultra settings you're in for a treat. The game is absolutely gorgeous. Extremely immersive with all the particle effects and brilliant lighting. The game was quite buggy at first but the most recent patch as of November 6, has fixed most of the problems. I would highly recommend this game. Expand
  91. Nov 7, 2013
    People are complaining that this game is laggy, maybe u should buy a computer that runs this game. No game is finished after a week, and we should wait a few weeks so they can fix these bugs. Im satisfied to this game, 10/10 because Dice did something new, unlike Infinity Ward.
  92. Nov 7, 2013
    Makes COD Ghosts look like an indie studio developed it. Stunning campaign since its DICE's 4th attempt ever at a solo campaign. Innovative multiplayer and frostbite engine delivering stunning visuals and destruction at your hearts content. There is no where for campers to hide in this game! 10/10 well done DICE.
  93. Nov 7, 2013
    BAttlefield4 best hueheuheuheuheuheuheuheuehuehuehuehuehuehuehueheueuheuheuheuhuehuehueuheuhuhuheuhuheuhuhuheuheuheuheuheuhuehuheuhuheuhuehuheuheuhuheuheuh
  94. Nov 7, 2013
    Absolute beauty of a game, it is currently the best looking shooter out there right now, the graphics on ultra are amazing and the multi-player plays like a charm for me. Solid 10.
  95. Nov 8, 2013
    Beautiful game with an incredible engine and action packed all out wars fit with complex game modes and smooth game-play. This game is truly an improvement from its previous installment. With this magnificent game comes a truly under-rated campaign.
  96. gax
    Nov 8, 2013
    Great game, nice graphics and really enjoyable game play. Love it. Emphasis on team work makes it really enjoyable and rewarding to pull of things with your team.
  97. Nov 21, 2013
    Simple If you are a owner of a true PC High-End like i7, more than 6g ram and, a 2g graphic card BUY THIS GAME AND BE HAPPY. THIS IS A VERY GOOD GAME, only bad thing is the gliches because the game was released too early so the EA will gonna fix that for sure. AWESOME GAME AND MULTIPLAYER
  98. Nov 9, 2013
    I am not sure what to say. Perhaps first of all, AMD users need to get the 13.11 Beta drivers (for now), especially the most recent one, which fixed the crashing problems. The same could be said for NVIDIA users perhaps. I haven't crashed for quite a few multiplayer matches, which is rather good! Now onto the review!

We live in a time where there is great cynicism and hate towards
    shooters, especially military style shooters such as this. I'm just a person on the sidelines who doesn't care and tries to enjoy video games for what they are, rather than dwelling on what was made in the past. I loved Battlefield since the beginning, but times change, and perhaps for the worse for some people, but for the better for others. Who is to say what's right or not anymore? It's all up to all of you to decide for yourselves if you like a game or not, and if you are mad that your money didn't go to something functional or to your liking, then I understand.

I personally would blame EA, if blame is really neccesary in this situation. EA clearly wants to compete against the Call of Duty franchise creators, Infinity Ward, and DICE was under heavy pressure to do certain things or rush a product out. It can't be any coincidence that Call of Duty Ghosts released so near the release date of Battlefield 4. DICE CARES about their games and feedback, because they are working on a patch right now to fix client side crashing and game instability. They already FIXED the server crashing problems, at least from what I can tell.

Now, the singleplayer. In all honesty, the singleplayer is a fairly big improvement over Battlefield 3's dismal and minimalistic campaign. We can all agree Battlefield 3's campaign, even if it had its moments, was quite lacking. For Battlefield 4, however, we have a few epic moments, with some emotional bits here and there, with generally good voice acting. The combat is rewarding with a new multiplayer style scoring system with leaderboards, and enemies seem to react to your fire especially when you use the "Engage" ability which is a nice touch that makes it feel a tiny bit more tactical. When you use it, the allies that follow you all throughout the game will immediately focus their fire on one or more targets. Said allies are actually not spouting military jargon all the time, and instead are quite a bit more human in their conversations or banter. It's shocking that this would happen in a Battlefield campaign, I know, but I liked "Irish" the most, who has a voice actor that puts on a GREAT performance. The singleplayer has some good bits to it, including collectable/unlockable weapons you can equip/unequip at Bad Company 2 style weapon lockers. There are, shockingly enough, moments where you can either choose stealth or to go in gun's blazing. Overall, it's honestly not THAT bad and hardly that painful, and I reccomend it for shooter fans. I know I'm a shooter fan, regardless of if it is a military shooter or not! We even get fairly big, non linear combat areas at times where you can choose how to approach a combat situation.

Sadly, the singleplayer is weighed down by AI that seems to work, but then falls apart at other times. Even on hard mode, the campaign is too darn easy, and I found myself only dying because the damage enemies do is increased. The game is also hurt by the usual military shooter tropes, such as healthregeneration, and lack of meaningful area exploration. The story, oh man, isn't anything to write home about, but at least the presentation is there!

In conclusion, the singleplayer isn't terrible at all. I have no clue what anyone is talking about anymore... even the critics. I mean, we GET some things that make it so much better anyway such as a scoring system and collectable/unlockable weapons with a few open areas like Bad Company 2's campaign. Really how else could they of made it? Like FarCry 3?! There are only so many ways you can make a military shooter campaign, really now!

As for the multiplayer. Oh boy. Disregard the crashing or server problems, because THOSE WILL BE FIXED... it is an absolutely addictive, complete, and epic experience. In terms of audio and visual qaulity, it's stunning. In terms of immersion and gunplay, it's stunning. In terms of epic situations, that quite frankly, only happen in Battlefield 4, it's stunning! We get 10 maps, which is a juicy amount, with each supporting quite a few game modes. Some of the game modes are a bit flawed, but for the most part, I have a great time on them, and all of them are beautiful! Except Operation Locker, that map is awful, which I'd call the new "Metro" map! There really isn't much else to say. We have new "Battlepacks", which make ranking up even more rewarding and fun, and tons of accesories, upgrades, and whatnot for EVERYTHING. Even vehicles have camos now you can customize!

To summarize for the TL;DR crowd. Battlefield 4 has a modestly okay campaign, with an even more complete multiplayer! Not a bad game.
  99. Nov 10, 2013
    Great Game overall, I just which that the 64 player maps would be a little bigger. The distruction is even better this time around and the graphics are top notch, cod what?
  100. Jan 4, 2014
    Just fantastic. You need to play to feel the hardcore. The singe player story is short, but the gameplay is amazing and very realistic. The sounds and the visualizing simply dazzling. When you see the storm, you will not want to play any other game.... The more I play this game, the more I love it. It is built for everyone, any style of gameplay. Great job DICE/EA

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Battlefield 4 could just as well be called Battlefield 3.5. The new Battlefield features are only marginal improvements over Battlefield 3, but even as such it leaves the competitors way behind. Hopefully the bugs will be squashed soon. [Nov 2013]
  2. Jan 13, 2014
    Even if multiplayer wasn't buggy, Battlefield 4 would still only be a barely passable installment in all respects besides the snazzy graphics. EA and DICE played it safe by providing the same thing they did the last time around, with another phoned-in campaign and only minor alterations to the online.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Battlefield 4 keeps soldiering on in the same footsteps as previous games in the series. The lack of worthwhile news makes you wish for more. Dice stays in its comfort zone calls for explosions and not much more. The series needs to evolve or fade out.