5.9

1. Oct 29, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is putting the franchise back on the right track. While they still cram a singleplayer campaign in there, it's closer and closer to a simple tutorial at this point. Multiplayer is feels bigger in every single aspect, and it's an absolute blast to jump into the fray, time and time again.

While I wish they would get better writers and put together a more compelling

While I wish they would get better writers and put together a more compelling singleplayer campaign, as they are clearly capable of creating the most cinematic moments in the FPS genre, Battlefield is a multiplayer game, and that's where it truly shines.
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    I'm rating this solely on multiplayer as I never touch the single player component of battlefield games, the map design is better than ever, the visuals are the best ones out there, better netcode, what else is there to say, it is whatever we hoped for in Battlefield 3.
  3. Oct 29, 2013
    Fantastic looking game, fantastic playing game and generally a much more polished and fun experience than the previous BF3. Even the campaign has seen some major improvements granted it's still not a spectatular experience, it sets up for the Multiplayer quite well. Commander mode and the new levolution aspect is actually quite well done and gives the battlefield a whole new depth. GunFantastic looking game, fantastic playing game and generally a much more polished and fun experience than the previous BF3. Even the campaign has seen some major improvements granted it's still not a spectatular experience, it sets up for the Multiplayer quite well. Commander mode and the new levolution aspect is actually quite well done and gives the battlefield a whole new depth. Gun handling and general flow in the FPS gameplay has been improved to feel more responsive and enjoying. Absolute top game so far. Expand
  4. Nov 12, 2013
    This game has the most intense,immersive graphical experience in a game Ive ever witnessed. By far its the best BF and FPS Ive ever played. Im sorry some are having issues but Ive played a week without any. Its unusual for me to back a game so highly but when that storm rolls in on "Paracel" I just sit there stunned. Ive never seen, or heard, anything like it before.
  5. Oct 29, 2013
    The new installment of the battlefield franchise has improved upon its predecessor in many forms! It contains an immerse multiplayer experience that'll leave you to want more of the adrenaline rush! The campaign was a bit lackluster but, if you are looking for a game that delivers exponentially on multiplayer. This is the must have game for you!
  6. Oct 29, 2013
    Epic Multiplayer Matches on fantastic maps! Top class graphics and audio on Next-Gen and PC. It is definitely a must have game vor every gamer out there!
  7. Oct 29, 2013
    Truly is a great sequel. Everything about it except for the campaign which felt linear, is flawless. The netcode is great and the battles in multiplayer are epic and really do take you a trip down memory lane in terms of BFBC2 destruction. It may be considered to be called BF 3.5 but trust me those are the people who haven't played it. Truly an amazing game, it really has its moments.
  8. Oct 29, 2013
    If you liked BF2 or BF3, you'll love this game! Looks great, plays great. Campaign is awful and it doesn't have anything really innovative or new, but it's just a ton of fun!

Obviously if you don't like Battlefield... BF4 isn't going to do anything to change your mind.
  9. Oct 29, 2013
    Game looks to be same as BF3 but in gameplay wise it is very different. you cant just sprint and then shoot. there is noticeable lag when sprint (not bad). Guns mechanics seem to be better. Now you cant snipe guys with a controlled AR rifle. You now actually need a scope to engage at longer range. Now guns just dont lose accuracy after some only 3 bullets. you can fire longer burst.Game looks to be same as BF3 but in gameplay wise it is very different. you cant just sprint and then shoot. there is noticeable lag when sprint (not bad). Guns mechanics seem to be better. Now you cant snipe guys with a controlled AR rifle. You now actually need a scope to engage at longer range. Now guns just dont lose accuracy after some only 3 bullets. you can fire longer burst. Suppression blur is removed. there is only a gun sway when you are suppressed without any accuracy hit and blur. guns and vehicles are more open to customization like you have more accessory slots for weapons and vehicles. Map design is very good. there are no choke points so far. you can always come back in game with alot of flanking ways. Expand
  10. Oct 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is best Battlefield best multi player game best explosion best game play amazing thank u EA .

The most complete multiplayer FPS game out there This is the must have game for you!
  11. Oct 29, 2013
    Metacritic should have people reviewing user reviews to make sure they aren't like all of these reds. People give zeros because high specs are needed to play? People give zeros because campaign sucks? Who plays campaign? This is a online multiplayer game and always has been. This game deserves an 8.5 to 9, but I have to give a 10 to counter all the rejects that walk the planet.
  12. Dec 8, 2013
    So, I'v just got the game for pc and here are some pros and cons

Pros -The best graphics I have ever seen -The destruction is epic -helicopter and jets. -Very big maps (I like open world type maps) -Its very realistic Cons -You need a very good PC -It will crash some times (hopefully Dice will patch that stuff) -Some minor bugs glitches and texture error. Its a good game
    So, I'v just got the game for pc and here are some pros and cons

Pros
    -The best graphics I have ever seen
    -The destruction is epic
    -helicopter and jets.
    -Very big maps (I like open world type maps)
    -Its very realistic

Cons
    -You need a very good PC
    -It will crash some times (hopefully Dice will patch that stuff)
    -Some minor bugs glitches and texture error.

Its a good game but I recommend getting it on a console. (Ps4, XBone)
  13. Dec 21, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a pretty good game. Even though the campaign might not be as good as in Call of Duty and the game might crash every time, multiplayer is actually the best. Levolution made this game even more interesting! We all know that you got to have a super PC to play Battlefield 4, but it's not because this game is bad, it's because the graphics are really good. DICE also needs toBattlefield 4 is a pretty good game. Even though the campaign might not be as good as in Call of Duty and the game might crash every time, multiplayer is actually the best. Levolution made this game even more interesting! We all know that you got to have a super PC to play Battlefield 4, but it's not because this game is bad, it's because the graphics are really good. DICE also needs to work on some bugs and glitches in campaign and multiplayer, but overall this game is awesome! Expand
  14. Nov 7, 2013
    The game is great. Im not here to rate bugs. They will be fixed. Otherwise the game doesn't crash to often, im one of the luckier ones. The servers hardly crash and the game is great. After a week or two everyone will enjoy the game they are meant to. Its fun as hell and the best Battlefield to date.
  15. Nov 6, 2013
    Battlefield 4 gives a lot of fun and entertainment at a very high level. At the beginning is a little bugs but knowing DICE fix it soon;) BF4 lot of freshness and new features requests that can not be described, you have to play it
  16. Nov 21, 2013
    Simple If you are a owner of a true PC High-End like i7, more than 6g ram and, a 2g graphic card BUY THIS GAME AND BE HAPPY. THIS IS A VERY GOOD GAME, only bad thing is the gliches because the game was released too early so the EA will gonna fix that for sure. AWESOME GAME AND MULTIPLAYER
  17. Nov 27, 2013
    I was having fun even with all the troubles, now its UNPLAYABLE! Every match I get a "Battlefield 4 has stopped working"! On top of that it dumps all my stats for the match I can't even play anymore this is insane! Campaign I had to restart several missions time and time again just to complete them due to crashing from auto saves or getting stuck, Pathetic! I want my money for the game andI was having fun even with all the troubles, now its UNPLAYABLE! Every match I get a "Battlefield 4 has stopped working"! On top of that it dumps all my stats for the match I can't even play anymore this is insane! Campaign I had to restart several missions time and time again just to complete them due to crashing from auto saves or getting stuck, Pathetic! I want my money for the game and the premium back! Not to mention after latest patch all the graphical glitches, the suppression effect that happens for no reason when you are not even near combat, steer clear for now. Expand
  18. Dec 4, 2013
    This is a great game with the best graphics that I know an it's campaign was a little bit of disappointment but the multiplayer makes you forget everything about the campaign.
    The multiplayer is awesome and very fun and sometimes when playing with friends can get funny and more serious (depending on what do you do with your friends).
    But there's a problem... There are lots of crashes and
    But there's a problem... There are lots of crashes and bugs on the PC and it can get very frustrating and very annoying. That's why battlefield 4 gets 9/10 for me
  19. Dec 8, 2013
    Graphics are great best multiplayer FPS of 2013-2014 (blood graphics are bad but game is so realistic) random crashers (most in campaing) weapon using is so realistic driving cars are hard but you enjoy the game (u must buy it
  20. Dec 10, 2013
    People are far to critical of Battlefield as it has a weak story. Battlefield 4 is a fun game, yes it is buggy, but fixes are constantly released. People are far to critical towards EA nowadays making it impossible for them to get good reviews, people claim the bugs are worse then they are, DICE has done a great job with this game and deserve to be treated so and not called out on everyPeople are far to critical of Battlefield as it has a weak story. Battlefield 4 is a fun game, yes it is buggy, but fixes are constantly released. People are far to critical towards EA nowadays making it impossible for them to get good reviews, people claim the bugs are worse then they are, DICE has done a great job with this game and deserve to be treated so and not called out on every little bug by people who feel above developers. Expand
  21. Mar 4, 2014
    A very good FPS if you have the computer to run it. The campaign was slightly weak.
    Pros
    insane graphics
    good sound design
    great Multiplayer
    Fixes
    The campaign was underwhelming but still decent
    Cons
    Computer crashes
    Score 9/10
  22. Mar 22, 2014
    I have been playing the Battlefield series since the demo release of Battlefield 1942. I remember posting on a usenet discussion group about the demo: Better to have the demo available - with all of its bugs - than not be able to play it.

The same applies for me with Battlefield 4. Every single release of Battlefield has been beset by bugs and every single time they were ironed out - even the most buggy release, BF2142, was eventually patched to a playable state.

Battlefield 3 was just Battlefield 2 with better graphics. I think of the Battlefield series much like Windows releases. Battlefield 1942 was Windows 3.1. Vietnam was ME. 2142, Vista.

Battlefield 4 is the Windows 7 64 bit of the series. So far, the pinnacle and "sweet spot". Many changes have been made, some evolutionary, some revolutionary.

For me, the most important 2 changes are buildings that can be destroyed and the "big event" maps.

I still haven't gotten used to the feeling of crouching in the corner of a building, only to have the walls shot away around me leaving me exposed to enemy fire.

Similarly, playing Paracel Storm and hearing the storm sirens sound, followed by the slow failure of the wind turbines, then enormous waves building that - crucially - actually affect gameplay - is an experience that delights every time.

The same can be said of the other "big event" maps - from the collapsing building of Siege of Shanghai to the building sand storm in Gulf 2014.

Yes, there are still problems with rubber banding and lag, but given the immense complexity of deformable terrain, destroyable buildings, weather effects and 64 players - each with different loadouts in different vehicles and classes - it is nigh on a miracle that this game works at all.

When it does work, it is a sight to behold. It is literally awe inspiring.

Finally, it is worth mentioning the sound design. From creepy dripping and hull twisting noises inside a sunken aircraft carrier to birdsong and the roar of a Warthog fling overhead, it never disappoints. Add to this the excellent, although power hungry, graphics engine and the overall experience is one of jaw dropping realism and intensity.

Highly recommended, although be prepared to upgrade your rig to play it.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the single player campaign is brilliant. Any campaign that can work in "Total Eclipse of The Heart" by Bonnie Tyler in an actually sensible and relevant way deserves a LOT of credit. The rest of the campaign is tight, well scripted and makes for a great, if too short, standalone.
  23. Jul 16, 2014
    I think this game is the best multiplayer-FPS on PC in this moment.
    Most of the bugs are gone, you have a lot of maps, weapons, and different way to play it (more less everything you can imagine).
    And the graphics is very good too. Only big problem is that you'll have to buy a Premium subscription sooner or later, so consider it because the total price will be much higher than the
    I think this game is the best multiplayer-FPS on PC in this moment.
    And the graphics is very good too.
    Only big problem is that you'll have to buy a Premium subscription sooner or later, so consider it because the total price will be much higher than the standard version.
  24. Nov 8, 2013
    DICE has done it. They further improved multiplayer mode with more destruction, more game modes and better gameplay. And a campaign that grabs you from the first mission, very well developed, a dash more than decent and great memories. Pity that know little but as everyone knows, the attraction of this game is in the multiplayer mode that provides millions of hours of entertainment.DICE has done it. They further improved multiplayer mode with more destruction, more game modes and better gameplay. And a campaign that grabs you from the first mission, very well developed, a dash more than decent and great memories. Pity that know little but as everyone knows, the attraction of this game is in the multiplayer mode that provides millions of hours of entertainment.

Undoubtedly, one of the best shotters of all time, with prefect finishing, care and pampered in every single detail.
  25. Nov 8, 2013
    One of the best MP FPS out there and not only in terms of visual and audio. Gameplay has improved quite a lot, maps and classes seems to have better balance comparing to BF3. Everything looks and feels very neat and clean. Tho lot of people are complaining that BF4 is rather BF3.5 i see it as s step further, considering the new options and levolution i can only imagine what they couldOne of the best MP FPS out there and not only in terms of visual and audio. Gameplay has improved quite a lot, maps and classes seems to have better balance comparing to BF3. Everything looks and feels very neat and clean. Tho lot of people are complaining that BF4 is rather BF3.5 i see it as s step further, considering the new options and levolution i can only imagine what they could offer within few years as the playground is getting larger in terms of possible events, scenarios, gear and vehicles.

Campaign isn't exactly spectacular but that shouldn't be a surprise tho i enjoyed it bit more that BF3. Dice should have enough tools in their hands to force players to do some teamwork, that shouldnt be too hard for them but at the moment its not exactly a goal but playing with decent crew on your own might change it easily. There are other things thet could be considered annoying but to be honest i consider them my personal issues as i might not like them but i dont see them affecting the bigger picture on its own game itself is great playground.

Tho what really annoys me is that every time when some kind of sequel is being released, bunch of guys show up and start talking about how great last part was and how crappy the new one is and it happens over and over again. Whining at its best:). I'd ignore most of the negative reviews, few of them consists any decent critics. That's why i've given 10/10 tho more realistic would be 8/10.
  26. Nov 14, 2013
    Brilliant, epic. Level design is great, the best FPS out there bar none. Only one pint docked as the campaign is awful, but no-one really cares about that anyway
  27. Nov 4, 2013
    Cool shooter game, new maps, and very much liked the new game-modes, but with the release of very screwed up, left bugs since the beta, many gamers fight off the desire to play it. It seems to me that EA has once again not be able to bypass the Call Of Duty due to such a bad start.
  28. Nov 5, 2013
    All of the scores below 7 are the byproduct of BF4's admittedly tumultuous launch, but we're not here to review the experience of the first 48 hours after launch, we're here to review the game. BF4 improves on its predecessor in nearly every conceivable way, but also manages to push the genre forward in such a way that might redefine what qualifies a first person shooter as beingAll of the scores below 7 are the byproduct of BF4's admittedly tumultuous launch, but we're not here to review the experience of the first 48 hours after launch, we're here to review the game. BF4 improves on its predecessor in nearly every conceivable way, but also manages to push the genre forward in such a way that might redefine what qualifies a first person shooter as being "complete." The gun play is significantly improved and feels much more like Call of Duty (a compliment in my mind) in that it's fast and reactive, and allows close encounters to be as thrilling and tight as vehicular combat has been in the series. DICE left no stone unturned, and they've truly delivered the evolution of the BF series everyone expected them to. Expand
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is a good sequel to Battlefield 3. It also brings back some things we've all missed from BF2 like commander mode. Sure, there are known bugs and glitches but things are improving every day with frequent patching. This game looks absolutely stunning on ultra settings and plays very well on current hardware. I would highly recommend this game if your computer can handle it. IfThis game is a good sequel to Battlefield 3. It also brings back some things we've all missed from BF2 like commander mode. Sure, there are known bugs and glitches but things are improving every day with frequent patching. This game looks absolutely stunning on ultra settings and plays very well on current hardware. I would highly recommend this game if your computer can handle it. If you're playing on a console you should wait for the next gen consoles to come out before even bothering. Expand
  30. Nov 7, 2013
    very good game and graphics are awesome great improvement over bf3 i have bought premum as well and playing it when ever i get time i hope dice will fix these small bugs and bring better dlc maps in future
  31. Nov 8, 2013
    At this point this is the pinnacle of multiplayer FPS. It does things that other games don't even attempt and it looks pretty while doing it. It has a steep learning curve compared to other fps's but that just makes the awesome moments that much better. This is a must play for any fan of shooters.
  32. Nov 18, 2013
    An incredible atmosphere, the weather has never been as an important influence in a game Actually there is not much difference between Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 the revolution there was between Bad Company 2 and BF3, but it was still a game that has evolved a weapons management has changed even if the interface can still be improved.
    This game is MUST for all fans of FPS multiplayer!
  33. Nov 18, 2013
    First things first, this game has amazing potential. From massive all-out-wars across huge maps with carnage everywhere, its really an amazing gaming experience. Thing is, this game is riddled with bugs. When I tried out the BF4 Beta, I really hoped that BF4 would be delayed as releasing it like this would definitely hurt its reputation. It did. Now all we do is wait for waves and waves ofFirst things first, this game has amazing potential. From massive all-out-wars across huge maps with carnage everywhere, its really an amazing gaming experience. Thing is, this game is riddled with bugs. When I tried out the BF4 Beta, I really hoped that BF4 would be delayed as releasing it like this would definitely hurt its reputation. It did. Now all we do is wait for waves and waves of bug fixes to pour out, and turn BF4 into the masterpiece is can potentially be. Expand
  34. Nov 25, 2013
    PIcked up the game recently with the Premium membership. Campaign is leaving a lot left to be desired. Usual suspects you've all heard, hit detection issues, AI issues, etc etc...it doesn't matter. Nobody plays BF for the single player story line. I logged 200+ hours on BF3, I was a tournament BF 1942 player, I know the mechanics of BF very well. This game is redesigned from the ground up.PIcked up the game recently with the Premium membership. Campaign is leaving a lot left to be desired. Usual suspects you've all heard, hit detection issues, AI issues, etc etc...it doesn't matter. Nobody plays BF for the single player story line. I logged 200+ hours on BF3, I was a tournament BF 1942 player, I know the mechanics of BF very well. This game is redesigned from the ground up. I was a little upset with hit detection. It takes far too many successful shots to take someone down, other than that..this game is superb. The sound on my surround system performs excellent. Feels like I'm on the ground fighting. Love the Multi, love the new menu's and systems. Nothing even comes close to this game out there. Never played a better FPS my whole life, and I've played FPS titles more than half my lifetime pretty much daily. CoD has never come close to comparable, and BF4 just widened that gap. CoD is for children and chumps. BF series are a man's game. Expand
  35. Nov 25, 2013
    Awesome fun in multiplayer. Playing with friends and coordinating is great fun with TS3. As great as BF3 is, this has even more to offer. Single player is also fun but I am not to far in it yet as I keep getting drawn back in to multiplayer. Levolution is awesome. Haven't had the "bugs some people talk about. Can practice flying choppers or jets on the training grounds so as not toAwesome fun in multiplayer. Playing with friends and coordinating is great fun with TS3. As great as BF3 is, this has even more to offer. Single player is also fun but I am not to far in it yet as I keep getting drawn back in to multiplayer. Levolution is awesome. Haven't had the "bugs some people talk about. Can practice flying choppers or jets on the training grounds so as not to tick everyone of with bad flying. Graphics look great. Great addition. Expand
  36. Dec 4, 2013
    BF4 is a worthy sequel to the Battlefield series and i highly recommend it, The newer Frostbite engine (Frostbite 3) served this game quite well even tho it looks almost authentic with the last Frostbite engine which was used in BF3, but it's very different and a lot of improvements have taken place in FB3.

Anyhow, i haven't tried the Single player mode yet, the reason is that don't

Anyhow, i haven't tried the Single player mode yet, the reason is that don't really find the single player mode very interesting in a Battlefield game, but who buys a battlefield game to play the singleplayer mode? The game is obviously made to be a mmofps.
  37. Dec 5, 2013
    this game is game of the year, one of the best fps I have ever played, the story is a huge improvement from bf3 story although it isn't a very good story it's ok, but the real treat is the multiplayer, the multiplayer is one of the best I have ever played, and with my r9 290 it runs on 70-100 fps on ultra so I am recommending bf4 to everyone that has a computer that can run bf4 on morethis game is game of the year, one of the best fps I have ever played, the story is a huge improvement from bf3 story although it isn't a very good story it's ok, but the real treat is the multiplayer, the multiplayer is one of the best I have ever played, and with my r9 290 it runs on 70-100 fps on ultra so I am recommending bf4 to everyone that has a computer that can run bf4 on more than 30 fps on medium Expand
  38. Dec 17, 2013
    I dont know why users says that has lot of lagg or there are meny bugs. i have played more then 300 hours and i had only 2 minutes of lagg at the launch. Bugs??? at the launch yes know, same as COD.
  39. Feb 11, 2015
    Excellent graphics, gameplay and sound works well with my 360 controller also. Dropped my texture settings down to medium on my old GTX 570 and it churns along nicely - sp 8/10 mp 9/10
  40. Dec 17, 2014
    Yes there were a few bugs but it's still the best online shooter imho. I played for 400 hours so far and I've not played since a year (too busy). I'm looking forward playing all the DLCs released since ! There is no other game that enjoy as much as this game, it's really addictive and you can find a clan, it gets better ! Why ? the graphics are superb, the immersion is total, the gameplayYes there were a few bugs but it's still the best online shooter imho. I played for 400 hours so far and I've not played since a year (too busy). I'm looking forward playing all the DLCs released since ! There is no other game that enjoy as much as this game, it's really addictive and you can find a clan, it gets better ! Why ? the graphics are superb, the immersion is total, the gameplay is perfect (it's hard and rewarding). Expand
  41. Nov 4, 2013
    Absolutely incredible! BF4 is a joy to play. It looks gorgeous, the gameplay is immersive, fun and features great emphasis upon teamwork. Frostbite 3 brings fantastic SLI and widescreen support just like its predecessor. I've found the game to run extremely well on ultra settings, even better than the beta.

Leveloution adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield albeit to greater

Leveloution adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield albeit to greater effect on some maps than others. Frostbite 3's ability to deliver seamless and convincing changes to the environment is extremely impressive in my opinion.
  42. Nov 5, 2013
    The most complete multiplayer FPS game out there. Audio, graphics, level design and levolution is just top class. 64-players epic battles with jets, boats and.. never mind. Goodbye family and friends, see you in the summer.
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    Bf4 has done so many improvements comparing to bf3. Dice going into right way, graphic better, aiming better, changes in classes, new,modes. This is really makes bf4 more fun, there are more features but i just want to say dice you are awesomeness
  44. Nov 5, 2013
    Gave the game a 10/10 mostly to counter the call of duty noobs who came and gave zero's. In all honesty this game is a solid 8/10, the problems it has have always been present in the battlefield series, so nothing new there, the improvements are a welcome addition as they improve what this game offers that is relatively unique, a battlefield the allows you to do whatever you want, and yetGave the game a 10/10 mostly to counter the call of duty noobs who came and gave zero's. In all honesty this game is a solid 8/10, the problems it has have always been present in the battlefield series, so nothing new there, the improvements are a welcome addition as they improve what this game offers that is relatively unique, a battlefield the allows you to do whatever you want, and yet remains fun. You want to camp, that's great, just watch for the motor rounds, you want to fly a jet, ouch that stinger really hurt, You want to be a tanker, great, you did remember to watch for the mines right,,,, You want to play with a dedicated team, good, just don't forget my team is out there waiting.

All in all a solid game. Though I am worried about the franchise sinking into a Call of Duty game every year model, so if they release a game in 2014 or early 2015 I'm done with the francise, since I am fine with a game every 3 years.
  45. Nov 12, 2013
    I had a long comprehensive review all typed out, then like an idiot I closed my browser by mistake, so this time around it's going to be dirty.

I swear that most of the people leaving zeros don't even have the game... Most game crashes and freezes are more related to the end-users system than the game client. Most people have either solved their crashes, or have greatly reduced them,

I swear that most of the people leaving zeros don't even have the game...

Most game crashes and freezes are more related to the end-users system than the game client. Most people have either solved their crashes, or have greatly reduced them, and many more (such as myself) play with no problems. If all the claims of the client being an unstable pile of garbage were to be taken at face value, then everyone should be having the same problems and no one should be playing, but that's simply not the case. So please, don't blame the game when you don't know the problem.

Now, there are legit issues, especailly server crashes. However DICE has been addressing these and they have got a lot better. People keep saying there have been no patches, where have they been? Yes there have been patches, both client and server, if you have not seen any patches then you need to update your client.

Riddled with bugs, I see that thrown around a lot. Bugs exist in every game, period. A game like BF4 is probably one of the most complex games ever created, no other game can match it's level of complexity in every aspect, in a few yes, but not all. The price for living on the edge of technology, advancement, and pushing them to their limits is going to be bugs, glitches, and other problems. While there are bugs in BF4, most have little effect on gameplay, with the exception of one beast. Hit detection, however this has been an issue for a long time, since BC2 and BF3, so the chances of this one going away anytime soon are remote.

So why do I give it a 10 out of 10? Because the very thing I love about BF and hate about CoD is the fact that the game is always changing, always evolving, and while there is a price to be paid for this, I for one am willing to pay it.

I find the gameplay, available tactics, and the fact that I have to adapt to some of these new rules refreshing. Sometimes it can be frustrating, but once you figure it out, it's a fantastic feeling. I devoted 374h 8m to BF3, 67h 5m in BF4 so far, and about 80 hours in the BF4 beta. I can honestly say that BF4 is not BF3, and that I thoroughly enjoy this fact. If I wanted to plat the same game over and over, I have CoD for this.

While there are aspects of the game I think could use some tweaking and polishing, such as hit detection, the kill cam, some of the weapon and damage mechanics, and a few other things, overall I love every minute I get to play the game. I have adapted to the new Battlefiled and am starting to take advantage of that knowledge.

The point I want to make is that people need to be more objective in their reviews. Know what you're talking about before writing one or giving the game a rating. Don't blame the game for problems that are just as likely to be on your end, than the client itself. Most of these zeros are left in spite and hate, and are far from objective. They do not paint a fair picture of the game.

Game on!
  46. Nov 17, 2013
    the game is brilliant, yes there were lots of server side issues on release and for the weeks that came after. But that doesn't determine how a game really is since it will eventually be fixed. The game is beautiful and stunning to look at. Great story for its single player and awesome maps for its multiplayer. Sometimes i just sit in awe on some maps
  47. Nov 2, 2013
    Epic.
    Epic.
    Originally gave this game a 4 because of network issues. Now playing on 32 person servers for up to 2 hours at a time. The game is epic and I'm loving it. Everything from the russian accents to the heavy breathing in jet air mask to tanks bouncing on hills to craters left by mobile artillery. Epicness all around. The environmental destruction is spectacular, I can crush my tank through a shopping mall room, destroying everything.

The unlock system runs deep each gun starts with a bare ironsights, and most attachments can be earned by killing x number of enemies. Then there are battlepacks that contain rare items.

Gunplay is really fun and responsive, I don't really feel the need for magnifying optics like I do in many other games, the russian red dot does it for me. Oh, and burst fire is a treat extremely accurate and fun.

I run a below minimum spec rig, using intel i3 and GeForce GTS 450. With all graphics on low I get excellent performance 30+ fps, no mouse lag whatsoever.

Overall, as a BF2 and Project reality veteran, I say that this is the shooter that will keep me entertained for a very long time
  48. Nov 4, 2013
    This Game is a huge success to Battlefield, The Graphics are amazing, and total destruction is back (some buildings can be reduced to rubble) There is also the return of commander, witch made me very happy, the single player has a very touching story, and multiplier is amazing! over all, I highly recommend this game to any FPS fan.
  49. Nov 5, 2013
    I play in Battlefield 4 only Missions,not play in internet.I think ,this game is very good,because Graphic is wonderful and missions is intresting. I think Battlefield 4 can be in top10 the best games in 2013.
  50. Nov 5, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is THE king for online FPS. I give it a 9 due to all the bugs, but will surely score a 10 for next gen consoles. No questions asked, if you're up in the air over this and COD, there really is no competition.
  51. Nov 7, 2013
    Absolute beauty of a game, it is currently the best looking shooter out there right now, the graphics on ultra are amazing and the multi-player plays like a charm for me. Solid 10.
  52. gax
    Nov 8, 2013
    Great game, nice graphics and really enjoyable game play. Love it. Emphasis on team work makes it really enjoyable and rewarding to pull of things with your team.
  53. Nov 11, 2013
  54. Nov 6, 2013
    Despite the lackluster "on-rails" campaign and issues regarding server crashes, client crashes, and poorly optimized netcode, BF4 is still a great game. The visuals are breath taking, the destruction is amazing and really adds to the dynamics of the maps while opening up different ways of reaching attack points or objectives, and the customization system is greatly improved over what wasDespite the lackluster "on-rails" campaign and issues regarding server crashes, client crashes, and poorly optimized netcode, BF4 is still a great game. The visuals are breath taking, the destruction is amazing and really adds to the dynamics of the maps while opening up different ways of reaching attack points or objectives, and the customization system is greatly improved over what was offered in BF3. Expand
  55. Nov 7, 2013
    Great game, someone says that this is BF 3.5. I do not think there are many differences, you just have to notice them. Unfortunately the second half of the game is Premium. Could be better, I put 9.
  56. Nov 8, 2013
    Multiplayer: This remains the standard for squad-based shooters. Seeing a glorious fully-loaded Conquest battle play out remains as exciting as BF1942, with aircraft, tanks, jeeps and boats all duking it out while infantry takes the battle indoors. There is nothing more exciting than sneaking C4 onto an enemy tank, or having a friendly jet swoop in out of nowhere to smoke the enemy heloMultiplayer: This remains the standard for squad-based shooters. Seeing a glorious fully-loaded Conquest battle play out remains as exciting as BF1942, with aircraft, tanks, jeeps and boats all duking it out while infantry takes the battle indoors. There is nothing more exciting than sneaking C4 onto an enemy tank, or having a friendly jet swoop in out of nowhere to smoke the enemy helo that was about to shred you to pieces. Gameplay is not really all that different from BF3, but certain things such as progression and controls have been refined. And, needless to say, the graphics have gotten an upgrade which is actually a bad thing for players with PS3's, 360's, or older PCs. The Frostbite engine has gotten a new revision for this title, and it shows, both in terms of graphics and in terms of demands on your machine. Comparison videos of 360 vs PC are almost comical, and the minimum specs for the PC version marches on as always. The gap between the old consoles and a high-end PC has never been wider, and if you aren't going to upgrade to a PS4 or Xbox One, or upgrade your PC rig, I suggest you stay away from this title. Seriously: there is no reason anyone should ever buy the PS3 or 360 version of this game! You have been warned!

As always, this is a team-oriented game. Even in Deathmatch mode. People who prefer lone-wolf bunny-hopping DM with no strategy or VoIP required might want to check out a certain other FPS franchise which also released its newest version recently... Ball of Dooty, Fall of Booty, something like that I think.

Anyway, the king of the game remains Conquest, same as any other entry of the (non-BC) Battlefield series. This is the mode where the teams try to capture and hold points; typically, some points are close to each team's initial spawn, while the ones in the center get the majority of the bloodshed. The game does have a couple of infantry-only modes, namely an infantry version of Conquest called Domination, and a Counterstrike-inspired Defuse mode; but these are not the thrust of the game. The other popular mode is Rush, which IMO is better served by the smaller maps and doesn't really work on the big-huge open maps.

Like BF3, this game has lots of roles for players to serve, even if they suck at aiming and can't fly without smashing into a building. Suppressive fire is more significant than before, and only requires you shoot in the general neighborhood of the enemy; healing, rezzing or resupplying gives plenty of points without needing skills at aiming.

The game finally has native VoIP, so you don't have to worry about setting up a vent server anymore, and you can actually talk to people during a pick-up match. Enjoy the thrill of coordinating your squad's next move with the drunk 55 year old in Florida and the caffeinated 10 year old in Ontario. Can't wait, can you?

One of the bad things about multiplayer, as the previous paragraph implies, is the quality of player you are multi'ing with. If you don't have a bunch of IRL friends you can run with, expect to have a very uneven experience with pick-up groups. There is nothing EA can do about this, of course, other than providing single-player modes... more on that in a moment.

The other thing you've heard about is the feature EA's marketing people decided to call... "Levolution." (sigh) Every map gets one big event that can (i.e., will) get triggered by players during the course of the match, such as the famous fall of the skyscraper in Shanghai. While this sort of thing is pretty to look at, IMO this usually makes the map worse for gameplay.

That said, expect to spend countless hours sucked into this game, giggling madly when you knife someone for their tags or /ragequitting after that same damn evil sniper got you for the 5th time in a row... only to return an hour later.

Singleplayer: The campaign is a huge step forward from BF3's laughable story. Yeah sure, the story is still pretty generic and DICE is still lightyears away from what Infinity Ward can put out in the campaign. And there are plotholes you can drive an M1 Abrams through. But at least the story isn't a confused, tacked-on mess like BF3's was; it has its enjoyable moments here and there; and it serves as a decent warm-up against an AI which is improved from last time. No longer will enemy soldiers happily march forward without cover in an endless quest to receive a lead transfusion from the player. And it does have some beautiful set pieces here and there, making full use of the Frostbite 3 engine, such as the mission on the sinking aircraft carrier. That said, the AI still kinda sucks overall, and the campaign is ridiculously easy compared to any COD campaign, even on Hard. "Better than BF3's campaign" is a very low bar to clear.

What would have been nice to see would have been a return of the bots to skirmish against on MP maps. Not a huge thing, but it would have made learning the maps so much easier without flesh-and-blood players shooting at me.
  57. Nov 9, 2013
    I am not sure what to say. Perhaps first of all, AMD users need to get the 13.11 Beta drivers (for now), especially the most recent one, which fixed the crashing problems. The same could be said for NVIDIA users perhaps. I haven't crashed for quite a few multiplayer matches, which is rather good! Now onto the review!

We live in a time where there is great cynicism and hate towards

We live in a time where there is great cynicism and hate towards shooters, especially military style shooters such as this. I'm just a person on the sidelines who doesn't care and tries to enjoy video games for what they are, rather than dwelling on what was made in the past. I loved Battlefield since the beginning, but times change, and perhaps for the worse for some people, but for the better for others. Who is to say what's right or not anymore? It's all up to all of you to decide for yourselves if you like a game or not, and if you are mad that your money didn't go to something functional or to your liking, then I understand.

I personally would blame EA, if blame is really neccesary in this situation. EA clearly wants to compete against the Call of Duty franchise creators, Infinity Ward, and DICE was under heavy pressure to do certain things or rush a product out. It can't be any coincidence that Call of Duty Ghosts released so near the release date of Battlefield 4. DICE CARES about their games and feedback, because they are working on a patch right now to fix client side crashing and game instability. They already FIXED the server crashing problems, at least from what I can tell.

Now, the singleplayer. In all honesty, the singleplayer is a fairly big improvement over Battlefield 3's dismal and minimalistic campaign. We can all agree Battlefield 3's campaign, even if it had its moments, was quite lacking. For Battlefield 4, however, we have a few epic moments, with some emotional bits here and there, with generally good voice acting. The combat is rewarding with a new multiplayer style scoring system with leaderboards, and enemies seem to react to your fire especially when you use the "Engage" ability which is a nice touch that makes it feel a tiny bit more tactical. When you use it, the allies that follow you all throughout the game will immediately focus their fire on one or more targets. Said allies are actually not spouting military jargon all the time, and instead are quite a bit more human in their conversations or banter. It's shocking that this would happen in a Battlefield campaign, I know, but I liked "Irish" the most, who has a voice actor that puts on a GREAT performance. The singleplayer has some good bits to it, including collectable/unlockable weapons you can equip/unequip at Bad Company 2 style weapon lockers. There are, shockingly enough, moments where you can either choose stealth or to go in gun's blazing. Overall, it's honestly not THAT bad and hardly that painful, and I reccomend it for shooter fans. I know I'm a shooter fan, regardless of if it is a military shooter or not! We even get fairly big, non linear combat areas at times where you can choose how to approach a combat situation.

Sadly, the singleplayer is weighed down by AI that seems to work, but then falls apart at other times. Even on hard mode, the campaign is too darn easy, and I found myself only dying because the damage enemies do is increased. The game is also hurt by the usual military shooter tropes, such as healthregeneration, and lack of meaningful area exploration. The story, oh man, isn't anything to write home about, but at least the presentation is there!

In conclusion, the singleplayer isn't terrible at all. I have no clue what anyone is talking about anymore... even the critics. I mean, we GET some things that make it so much better anyway such as a scoring system and collectable/unlockable weapons with a few open areas like Bad Company 2's campaign. Really how else could they of made it? Like FarCry 3?! There are only so many ways you can make a military shooter campaign, really now!

As for the multiplayer. Oh boy. Disregard the crashing or server problems, because THOSE WILL BE FIXED... it is an absolutely addictive, complete, and epic experience. In terms of audio and visual qaulity, it's stunning. In terms of immersion and gunplay, it's stunning. In terms of epic situations, that quite frankly, only happen in Battlefield 4, it's stunning! We get 10 maps, which is a juicy amount, with each supporting quite a few game modes. Some of the game modes are a bit flawed, but for the most part, I have a great time on them, and all of them are beautiful! Except Operation Locker, that map is awful, which I'd call the new "Metro" map! There really isn't much else to say. We have new "Battlepacks", which make ranking up even more rewarding and fun, and tons of accesories, upgrades, and whatnot for EVERYTHING. Even vehicles have camos now you can customize!

To summarize for the TL;DR crowd. Battlefield 4 has a modestly okay campaign, with an even more complete multiplayer! Not a bad game.
  58. Nov 18, 2013
    For me, the best multiplayer FPS together with Battlefield 3.
    I think people has to stop viewing just the bad things (crashes, bugs), you all know they are going to get fixed.
  59. Nov 18, 2013
    Besides a few server bugs there is zero to complain about in the game. It's maps are amazing in every game mode from small firefights to all out war. Nothing like this has ever been attempted let alone run so smooth. Ignore the haters, try it you will not regret it.
  60. Nov 23, 2013
    I love the new multiplayer! It's the second Battlefield that I play and it's just awesome! Some say, the destruction of buildings is just eyecandy but I disagree. You can use destroyed buildings as protection and the "Levolution" thingy forces the people to change their strategy in mid-game.
  61. Jan 4, 2014
    Just fantastic. You need to play to feel the hardcore. The singe player story is short, but the gameplay is amazing and very realistic. The sounds and the visualizing simply dazzling. When you see the storm, you will not want to play any other game.... The more I play this game, the more I love it. It is built for everyone, any style of gameplay. Great job DICE/EA
  62. Dec 1, 2013
    Best FPS out there.
    Crashes a few times on loading new levels but other than that its an awesome crazy shooter!
    Giving it a 10 to counter the low unfair scores
  63. Dec 8, 2013
    This is really BF3.5 and could have been another series of map packs, but hey ho, they need to keep the franchise alive and with the newer Frostbyte engine I suppose it's forgivable. As a game, it's actually pretty good, although I am aware of the balance being off when faced with the invincible chopper whores with their fellow player repairing the aircraft in flight. I long for the daysThis is really BF3.5 and could have been another series of map packs, but hey ho, they need to keep the franchise alive and with the newer Frostbyte engine I suppose it's forgivable. As a game, it's actually pretty good, although I am aware of the balance being off when faced with the invincible chopper whores with their fellow player repairing the aircraft in flight. I long for the days of BF2 when they had to return to a base to refuel and re-arm. The snipers are as usual a menace, which is why a lot of servers limit them. The initial bugs were annoying, with random crashes and connection errors. It shows a disrespect for delivering a quality assured product and a disrespect for the customer. No other consumer product has the ability to sell something half arsed made, so why should you! Don't get me wrong, this is a very good game and is getting better, but could have been fantastic from the beginning! Expand
  64. Dec 22, 2013
    LOL What? 6.0 user score for best looking and playing fps ever? It deserves at least 8, not lower. Nice graphics, nice optimised, best multiplayer etc
  65. Mar 11, 2014
    Major gameplay upgrade from the 3rd and the rest of its series, and it compiles all the best aspect from the predecessor like the squad size and commander.
    But its already 5 month since this game released and it still has too many bugs which hinder the fun. But the effort from the developer to fix the bugs is appreciated.
    *. This review based on the multiplayer experience.
  66. Mar 21, 2014
    Ich möchte hier klar stellen das ist alles MEINE MEINUNG, ob ihr sie teilt oder nicht ist eure Sache.
    Alles in allem find ich Battlefield 4 gut gelungen (abgesehen von den Bugs), wobei man hier Dice mal sagen muss, dass sie nicht grade gute Arbeit bei den Patches und DLC's und der gleichen leistet. Die Maps aus dem letzten DLC (Second Assault) gefallen mir persönlich vom Setting gut, allerdings hätte ich gerne andere Maps gesehen wie z.B. Noshar Canals oder der gleichen.
    Ich bin mal sehr gespannt auf das neue DLC Naval Strike sieht schonmal nicht schlecht aus wie ich finde.

Wie gesagt ich finde Bf4 nicht komplett scheiße wie manch andere ich sehe es als Fehler einerseits von EA wegen dem frühen Release, und andererseits Dice mit den Patches die sie nicht immer aber meistens verkacken. Ich kann nur hoffen sie lernen endlich mal draus und bin gespannt auf die nächsten Projekte (Battlefront 3 u.s.w.)

Hier nochmal deutlich das ist MEINE MEINUNG ! ! !

Mfg Lenard
  67. Mar 23, 2014
    Great FPS
    Positives:
    - Way better than BF3, improved in every way possible. Feels more like Battlefield
    - Excellent Maps
    - Extremely good unlocking and customization systems
    Negatives:
    - Single player sucks, what sucks even more is that you HAVE to complete the campaign to unlock 3 MP guns, including the P90 (which is amazing). I honestly couldn't be asked to finish the SP.
  68. Jun 22, 2014
    I bought it at discount from Origin June 2014. The multi-player aspect is really phenomenal. I haven't played the campaign much but it looked more than decent.

I know the game shipped unfinished and Dice lost an opportunity to dazzle and wow players because of it. But the game I started playing is brilliant.
  69. Jul 10, 2014
    I know that the game had huge problems at release, but it looks great at the moment and I would recommend to try it! I think most of the vanila maps are great and with the upcoming CTE changes (Rush rebalance) the game will be even more great!
    Most of the major problems are fixed, people who say they aren't haven't played the game or just want to complain about something...
  70. Nov 5, 2013
    Everyone, they have done it again! EA team has demonstrated once more their talence in leading the world's modern warfare gaming standard, which set up the milestone and paved the path of FPS gaming for future generations, which probably influeneced and inspired the whole world for many years afterwards.

BF4 is indeed a masterpiece of video game design. I am grateful that I have the

BF4 is indeed a masterpiece of video game design. I am grateful that I have the honor to become one of a handful of the enlightened masses who possess the knowledge to truly decipher the great meanings and philosphy buried deeply inside this fantastic achievement of art work. The gameplay is fast, fluid, and utterly innovative. This game is so innovative that it does not need to innovate any more. Name one other first person shooter that changes as little as Battlefield while maintaining a large player base, inspiring the whole world and enlightening the public mass. It is impossible. Why? Because only Battlefield has achieved that kind of state and EA team had perfected their technique and dedicated lots of resources in paving the future of video gaming standards.

The story is a beautiful metaphor in itself. The player represents an enlightened and chosen individual who understands the true brilliance of the series. The enemies represent the uneducated masses who cannot comprehend the ridiculously high quality of the installment, and it is the job of the enlightened to deliver true justice to the mainstream.

There is absolutely no other video game that can match BF4's intense and fast paced gunplay. The game is so skill based that it takes skill to make the game take skill. People have to come up with new, inventive ways to restrict themselves so they can come up with an in game challenge. This develops the skills of the player and leads to a much more knowledgable individual. An enlighted BF4 player can easily best a player of the competition, especially in games which require teamwork.

All in all, BF4 is the most competitive game of the previous generation and will undoubtedly be one of the most competitive of the coming generation as well. The game tells a beautiful story and continues the series' affinity for innovation. Excellent work EA. The enlightened embrace you with open, next generation arms.
  71. Oct 30, 2013
    everything you can possible imagine to make bf3 better, it is on this game, better campaign (though not perfect), better graphics, all new levolution were you can change map playability by destructing the environment or just closing doors, awesome new maps, much more variables to play the different maps thanks to levolution and a better balanced power and mobility of infantry and vehicleseverything you can possible imagine to make bf3 better, it is on this game, better campaign (though not perfect), better graphics, all new levolution were you can change map playability by destructing the environment or just closing doors, awesome new maps, much more variables to play the different maps thanks to levolution and a better balanced power and mobility of infantry and vehicles (planes, choppers, tanks, jeeps, boats) around the map, new game modes pretty interesting and fun and the commander mode
    i think we are in front of a game that will show the path for next games to come, at least in the way the game has improved and all the experience they are giving to players. sure that campaign isn't the way to go, i mean only the mp, but i think that it's pursue is to be more "non-gamers" friendly, cause once you get on mp, you will had a bad time if you are not familiarized with fps.

the learning curve isn't fast, until you find how to survive on this massive maps fulled with 64 players, you will die a lot, and sometimes find it frustrating. after that is the most enjoyable fps out there.
  72. Oct 30, 2013
    Best (Battlefield) multiplayer experience I ever had. No regret. The singleplayer is a little bit boring, but I understand that DICE is not very good with campaigns. The power of the frostbite engine makes it a very realistic fun experience. No doubt.
  73. Oct 29, 2013
    BF4, the best bf yet! Return of commander mode, more destruction, more everything! You cant go wrong.. Only thing it needs is more DOGS... LMFAO.. Really tho this is the best shooter bar none on PC or any system.. COD is garbage, but we need something to keep all the 10 year old screaming kids away...
  74. Nov 5, 2013
    O maior jogo de guerra dos ultimos tempos.. sem falar no realismo que ficou sem igual.. realmente o jogador se envolve nas batalhas com os 64 jogadores.. ficou dificil nao se envolver no meio dos gigantescos mapas. Battlefield veio como todos os outros para deixar marcas e esta ai.. a de melhor jogo do ano!
  75. Nov 5, 2013
    Well, I think I'm getting this game based on the somewhat positive reviews. I was going to get ghosts but there are SO MANY negative reviews just go check it out. It's disapointing because I was psyched for it to come out 2day;(
  76. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolutely a spectacle and an example for all other multiplayer FPS games to take a look at. Dice has perfected the multiplayer formula with the destruction from BC2, the visuals of BF3, and the return of Commander mode. Yes, the campaign is bland and mediocre, but we all know that the multiplayer is the focus of Battlefield. While some items can only be unlocked through campaign, it isAbsolutely a spectacle and an example for all other multiplayer FPS games to take a look at. Dice has perfected the multiplayer formula with the destruction from BC2, the visuals of BF3, and the return of Commander mode. Yes, the campaign is bland and mediocre, but we all know that the multiplayer is the focus of Battlefield. While some items can only be unlocked through campaign, it is not a hindering experience and you might as well run through it once seeing as how short it is. Definitely one of the best multiplayer shooters that the genre has ever seen. Pick this one up for sure! Expand
  77. Nov 6, 2013
    Starting with the not so good. That would have to be the campaign. You're AI squad mates are absolutely useless. They stand in direct fire. More often then not they seem lost. They hardly listen to your commands. The enemy AI will run directly past three of your squad mates to fire at you. The good very open missions. Not so linear like in BF3. The campaign is enjoyable enough to finish.Starting with the not so good. That would have to be the campaign. You're AI squad mates are absolutely useless. They stand in direct fire. More often then not they seem lost. They hardly listen to your commands. The enemy AI will run directly past three of your squad mates to fire at you. The good very open missions. Not so linear like in BF3. The campaign is enjoyable enough to finish. The multiplayer is brilliant. Extremely well designed maps. Addictive combined arms combat. Massive amounts of level up items. If you're PC is capable of running it at ultra settings you're in for a treat. The game is absolutely gorgeous. Extremely immersive with all the particle effects and brilliant lighting. The game was quite buggy at first but the most recent patch as of November 6, has fixed most of the problems. I would highly recommend this game. Expand
  78. Nov 7, 2013
    People are complaining that this game is laggy, maybe u should buy a computer that runs this game. No game is finished after a week, and we should wait a few weeks so they can fix these bugs. Im satisfied to this game, 10/10 because Dice did something new, unlike Infinity Ward.
  79. Nov 7, 2013
    Makes COD Ghosts look like an indie studio developed it. Stunning campaign since its DICE's 4th attempt ever at a solo campaign. Innovative multiplayer and frostbite engine delivering stunning visuals and destruction at your hearts content. There is no where for campers to hide in this game! 10/10 well done DICE.
  80. Nov 8, 2013
    I bought it for multi and its absolutely amazing.Levolution,graphics,balance is Awesome. Its crashing REALLY rare for me, even on 560 Ti I have 50 FPS on medium.One of the best multiplayer games I ever played 10- (for bugs)
  81. Nov 8, 2013
    Beautiful game with an incredible engine and action packed all out wars fit with complex game modes and smooth game-play. This game is truly an improvement from its previous installment. With this magnificent game comes a truly under-rated campaign.
  82. Oct 29, 2013
    From the moment you boot into the game, you know that you are inside an instant classic. Battlefield 4 implores you with its gameplay, graphics and sounmd design that it is a major player. It is hard to find a game that offers more and with such accomplishment.

The single player game now seamlessly integrates you into the mechanics of the multi-player game; the part of the game where Battlefield earns its stripes and really shines. But do not let this make you think that somehow the single player is not worthy of a play-through, it is; in-game unlocks which can be used in the multi-player, game-play mechanics which will assit you in playing against humans and within your squad, the bombardment of graphics, tension and action within the single player element has cast aside the poorly paced single player in Battelfield 3.

Battlefield 4 is eye candy and ear candy and action candy... in fact it is the sweetshop of games; it offers much for those who wish to invest time into the game and also for those that are primarily interested in the single player. If you are such a person, the single player will induce you to try out the multiplayer element at least once.

There are many first person shooters which are due to come out this year and early the next year, but Battlefield 4 has set itself up as a must play FPS for any hardcore and casual gamer alike for at least the next 2 years.

Play. Enjoy. Discover. Battlefield 4.
  83. Oct 29, 2013
    There is no doubt of two things: Battlefield 4 has stark similarities to BF3, and the campaign is short and, while entertaining, ultimately mediocre.

I would like to first say that, far as the similarities, that's not a bad thing. BF3 had great gameplay, top notch graphics, and the best audio effects of any game of it's type. However, BF4 has improved on BF3 in a variety of ways. Commander mode, lost since BF2, is now back. In-game Voip is included. The squad system has been revamped and greatly enhances teamwork. The maps are much better designed. The graphics are much improved, and are among the best of any game to date. The vehicles' physics and handling has been improved. There are vastly more weapons and much deeper levels of customization available. There is far more destructibility, including the levolution Dice has been pushing, which not only looks fantastic but has a real impact of gameplay. There's even a peeking system and the ability to swim and fight in water. If you want to jump right in and start shooting CoD style, there's plenty of map and objective variants for that as well.

Yes, EA has a horrible reputation, and many have been pointing to the battlepacks as examples of EA trying to nickel and dime people. However, these packs are essentially just shortcuts for randomized items, and all the items acquired in them can be done so through normal gameplay. While many had regrets about purchasing Premium for BF3 when it first came out, those concerns evaporated as each new DLC was released. Despite the steep cost of the base game and Premium, I don't doubt that people will feel the same way once the DLCs begin being released.

Ultimately, if you want a multiplayer sandbox FPS, this is the game for you. There are alternatives Arma 3 is far more tactical, and caters to a niche of players (and is also pretty buggy), while CoD will have its action-movie like campaign and straightforward multiplayer. But I think that, especially of Ghosts is as lackluster as Black Ops 2 was, BF4 will rightfully be the turning point in their competition.
  84. Oct 29, 2013
    Incredible visuals, big improvement on BF3. Well laid out maps that dynamically change based upon destruction or weather. Key triggers that allow you to bring down certain skyscrapers. Of course these dynamic changes aren't perfect and in some cases a little scripted but you're not going to find this level of dynamic change in any other game.
    If you had no interest in any previous BF
    If you had no interest in any previous BF games then this one won't suddenly change your mind since the gameplay and style are exactly like the previous versions, just improved upon.
    Campaign is crap but if you're playing BF for the campaign and not multiplayer then you're really not playing BF for it's true purpose.
    Dont' complain about the high PC specs. If you can't afford to be a PC gamer then you should go play on a console.
    You probably won't notice much of a visual change from BF3 if you can't run Very high or Ultra settings.
    The game doesn't appear to have many bugs but patches for sure will be coming. I personally played for about 3 hours and had BF4 crash to desktop once. There's been significant bug squashing since the beta.
    "Test bench" is a welcome addition where you can practice in a "sandbox" with all the vehicles (and infantry) to hone your skills.
    Commander Mode and Battle Feeds look like fun although I've not checked them out yet.
    If you're looking at this honestly, BF4 has improved upon BF3 in just about every way. Frankly if you can't see that you're simply being biased.
    It's going to be a lot of fun leveling up again and unlocking new items.
  85. Nov 29, 2013
    imo, better than Battlefield 3 in many ways via small improvements everywhere. Still provides potential hundreds of hours of great fun, great value.

It def has some stability problems right now, but it's gotten better, and doesn't mar the great game too much for me. Though if you want it to be super stable, you can hold off to get it until later.
  86. Nov 3, 2013
    The campaign was awesome, it was a bit short tough but i liked the story, characters and so on. The only thing i hate about this game are the bugs. And for the people who say it looks like BF3 are just blind as f*ck.
    Because this game is a lot better then BF3. Can't wait for Bad Company 3 :D, keep going DICE and EA
  87. Oct 29, 2013
    Amazingness, epicness, action moments and great campaig make this the best war simulator. Now the story and charecters dont appeal well but you well but the reason you will be playing this is the multiplayer once again multiplayer is like platinum maps are amazing and the power of levolution brings something new and catches your fancy.you will be able to do various things in theAmazingness, epicness, action moments and great campaig make this the best war simulator. Now the story and charecters dont appeal well but you well but the reason you will be playing this is the multiplayer once again multiplayer is like platinum maps are amazing and the power of levolution brings something new and catches your fancy.you will be able to do various things in the multiplayer such as trap people and bring tusunamis in the battle.it is once again outstanding and highly recommend you pick this up at full price Expand
  88. Oct 29, 2013
    game is oustanding i like this game hope all guys enjoy the game deserved 1010.
    Top class graphics and audio on Next-Gen and PC right mr bldglrsh. and game is realy osome
  89. Oct 30, 2013
    Its better than Battlefield 2 or BC2 or 3.. Better graphics, destruction, shooting, maps.. Optimalization is great, im running it on ultra and 2x MSAA.
  90. Oct 30, 2013
    I don't understand where all the negativity is coming from. The feedback from my friends is superb. I question whether Activision has unleashed a bunch of EA bashers to purposely try to thwart BF4's launch. My experience is that the game blew me away and really pushed my rig to places it had not been in a while. The textures and environments blew me away. Gameplay is engaging, brisk andI don't understand where all the negativity is coming from. The feedback from my friends is superb. I question whether Activision has unleashed a bunch of EA bashers to purposely try to thwart BF4's launch. My experience is that the game blew me away and really pushed my rig to places it had not been in a while. The textures and environments blew me away. Gameplay is engaging, brisk and very balanced. After a few hours I can easily say this is the best shooter I have ever played. Expand
  91. Oct 29, 2013
    Great improvement to an already outstanding game. I was worried they would make the gameplay worse but they actually made it better. I won´t give my score based on single player because i never played any. For the multiplayer part, there´s no better FPS atm.
  92. Oct 30, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a improvement from BF3, despite the fact that it may seem similar in some aspects. It's 64 players of massive battles whether it be sea, land or air. However if you searching for a quick and no teams, you can go play CoD. In Battlefield 4, you work as a team to achieve a common goal, to dominate the other team and win. I hope DICE's expansions will be fantastic.
  93. Oct 29, 2013
    Is this game better than BF3? Yes. Is it the best battlefield yet? No. BF2 still holds that. The campaign, albeit very short, is much more exiting an intense than that of BF3, and the multiplayer presents a much wider variety of vehicles, guns, maps and customability. Technology-wise the launch has been much smoother than that of BF3, and the graphics are quite literally, the best I haveIs this game better than BF3? Yes. Is it the best battlefield yet? No. BF2 still holds that. The campaign, albeit very short, is much more exiting an intense than that of BF3, and the multiplayer presents a much wider variety of vehicles, guns, maps and customability. Technology-wise the launch has been much smoother than that of BF3, and the graphics are quite literally, the best I have ever seen. (Yes, better than Crysis 3 and Halo 4.) Definitely worth buying. Expand
  94. Oct 29, 2013
    Gameplay is significantly different from Battlefield 3. Everything around the core game has been shuffled around: class rebalance, squad perks, commander/squad leaders, vehicle perks/balance. From first impression the balances seem to add to what Battlefield 3 has brought, but we'll have to see beyond launch date (i.e. bugs/expolits, balance with unlock weapons, map balances, etc). TheGameplay is significantly different from Battlefield 3. Everything around the core game has been shuffled around: class rebalance, squad perks, commander/squad leaders, vehicle perks/balance. From first impression the balances seem to add to what Battlefield 3 has brought, but we'll have to see beyond launch date (i.e. bugs/expolits, balance with unlock weapons, map balances, etc). The game is a bit buggy; some seem to be client sided (drivers, internet lag) but a good portion seems to emerge from overloaded servers and just plain subpar netcode. Overall, the game is very impressive, and although the Levolution is sometimes aesthetic and gimmicky, it does add another level of impression of the player's actions having at least some impact on the massive maps. If the game had taken a delay and smoothed out all of the bugs, the game would have been a potential 10. Until the bugs are patched, this game can only live up below its true potential. Expand
  95. Nov 8, 2013
    Let me preface my review with the fact that I preordered Battlefield 3 (for PC) and played less than five hours of the game because of how different (read:worse) it was compared to Battlefield 2.

Against my better judgement, I preordered BF4 while it was on sale, during the weeks leading up to release. I resisted every temptation to cancel my preorder, largely because it looked like DICE made good on their promises to bring Battlefield back to it's roots.

As of this writing I've already finished the Singleplayer campaign (which I found very enjoyable, even if it was a tad cheesy and rushed) and I've played numerous hours of multiplayer which I have found very enjoyable. Multiplayer can be pretty hit or miss depending on how cooperative your team is and whether your team is filled with players only trying to rack up kills rather than complete objectives.

The graphics are top notch no other FPS really comes close at the moment. The map design is mostly creative, looking forward to additional content next year.

Highly recommended.
  96. Nov 9, 2013
    Good improvement from Battlefield 3 there are some crashing issues which are most likely going to be solved at some point. unfortunately this game is distributed by Origin so if Origin refuses to work you can just go to your local physical games distributor and buy it there. Also the server disconnecting issues were solved at a recent patch so yay!
  97. Nov 10, 2013
    Great Game overall, I just which that the 64 player maps would be a little bigger. The distruction is even better this time around and the graphics are top notch, cod what?
  98. Dec 6, 2013
    Very good multiplayer action. Low scores are due to COD fanboys and issues that have long been fixed.
    Pros: Realism, destruction, squad combat
    Cons: Spawn points can be
  99. Dec 21, 2013
    awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome
  100. Jan 12, 2014
    This is my first time playing a battlefield game after playing COD in the past. There's no comparison, this game is COD on steroids. Playing COD is underwhelming and boring now compared to BF4. The amount of detail put into this game is amazing and it really pays off in multiplayer.

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Battlefield 4 could just as well be called Battlefield 3.5. The new Battlefield features are only marginal improvements over Battlefield 3, but even as such it leaves the competitors way behind. Hopefully the bugs will be squashed soon. [Nov 2013]
  2. Jan 13, 2014
    Even if multiplayer wasn't buggy, Battlefield 4 would still only be a barely passable installment in all respects besides the snazzy graphics. EA and DICE played it safe by providing the same thing they did the last time around, with another phoned-in campaign and only minor alterations to the online.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Battlefield 4 keeps soldiering on in the same footsteps as previous games in the series. The lack of worthwhile news makes you wish for more. Dice stays in its comfort zone calls for explosions and not much more. The series needs to evolve or fade out.