5.9

1. Jun 22, 2015
    Although accompanying many bugs and balancing issues, this is still one of my favorite FPS games so far. The game has been so popular that there are still updates, patches, and DLC coming out.
  2. Jun 19, 2015
    This game represents the gradual destruction of everything that was good about the original battlefields by turning it into a cluster-F*** corridor shooter with lock on weapons and maps full of snipers holding down choke points. Horrible.
  3. Jun 3, 2015
    1942, BF2, BC1, BC2, BF3. This is the last of my cash DICE will ever get to see.

Single campaign (hello CoD) is a joke, that ends in (spoiler alert) deciding which one of your squad to send on a suicide run. And whats the best thing? Kill all of them once because for each different dead buddy you'll unlock a new weapon. I don't think I have ever seen something this tasteless in a AAA game. You see, when you pull stunts like that in GTA at least noone claims it is a good thing. I don't care for having a SP campaign so I don't care if it is good or not. What I do care about is when those resources are so obviously needed to finish and fix the part of the game that actually matters.

Even now, after all the patching and fixing it is still easily the low point in the series and for DICE. I bought Battlefield 1942 on release. The only game I did not play intensively in the series is Vietnam.

To put it short: the game has a netcode (basically the underlying data highway of the game) that still cannot handle what is going on on the server. You'll die long before the game actually tells you that you are being shot at. In addition to that DICE had to reduce fire rates of weapons and damage outputs simply to mascarade the problem. Pathetic.

Next: not a single map is systematical or well designed for ACTUAL GAMEPLAY. It is either a clusterf*ck of objects where a camper hides every 10 yards or there is no cover at all for infantery for 1000 yards. Nothing in between. You will find no classics like Karkand, Wake Island, Gulf of Oman, the Aftermath Pack or Sharqi Peninsula here. There are no lanes, no tactical gameplay. Because even if you try to do so, one stupid press of "Q" by an enemy and you are marked on the minimap for the next 15 secs. So much for realism, community. Tons of idiots will tell you the maps have realistic design. But that does not make for fun gameplay. If I want a realistic experience, I'll play Insurgency, Verdun or maybe ARMA.

A bunch of gadgedts are so out of place and unbalanced you'll want to punch your screen. Have fun getting killed by people across the map flying some toy remote airplanes with C4 on them. FUN!

What happened here is EA (I presume) decided to integrate the CoD (and actually Halo - superweapons) formula into BF to get those brands slowly and surely of the market. What the managed by doing so is utterly blur and wash out what was once a great series. I've put nearly 300hrs into this game since launch and uninstalled 4 times out of pure frustration.
  4. May 26, 2015
    For me this is the best game in the series. I compared with BFBC2 and BF3. The game just disgusting even after many patches. The feel of the MP gameplay is very bad. I do not trust DICE.
  5. May 24, 2015
    Story: You play as Sgt. Daniel "Reck" Recker--leader of the US Marine squad, Tombstone. With US and Russian conflicts at an all-time high due to the events of BF3--and with China on the verge on siding with the Russians due to the assassination of their leader being blamed on the US--it's up to you and your squad mates to help prevent war from breaking out. As a story, it's not that bad.Story: You play as Sgt. Daniel "Reck" Recker--leader of the US Marine squad, Tombstone. With US and Russian conflicts at an all-time high due to the events of BF3--and with China on the verge on siding with the Russians due to the assassination of their leader being blamed on the US--it's up to you and your squad mates to help prevent war from breaking out. As a story, it's not that bad. The voice acting is once again great; the characters are slightly better and more memorable this time around compared to BF3; and the settings are still nice and varied. Unfortunately, you're still a boring silent protagonist with no personality. Overall, the campaign is better than BF3, but it could still be improved upon. 6/10

Gameplay: The shooting remains largely the same as in BF3 (although with no stupid panic-knifing enemies), but with the added addition of squad gameplay. Since you lead Tombstone squad, you can spot enemies for them to shoot, and have them enter vehicles and fight with you. You can also change what weapons and gadgets you use in the campaign to suit your play-style. All of the improvements are nice, but the gameplay is still largely the same as before. 6/10

Graphics: In short, the graphics are everything that made BF3 gorgeous, but made even better and without the annoying blue tint. Although, the vehicle collision and character models can still be better. 9/10

Sound: DICE is excellent at creating realistic sound designs in their BF games. The sound here is everything from BF3, but once again, made even better. Simple as that. 10/10

Multiplayer: Unfortunately, the MP here is disappointing when compared to BF3, and it's not because of its launch issues. For starters, the 4 infantry classes from BF3 return with some tweaks made to their arsenal. One big new feature is "Levolution"--a mostly gimmicky feature where each map has a scripted large-scale destruction sequence (like a building collapsing) caused by player action, and it only affects one part of the map. There are also an abundant amount of vehicles--land, air, and sea--to use from with improved unlock orders; Commander mode--a mode where 1 person steps away from the battlefield and gives orders to all squads on a team in hopes of leading them to victory--returns from BF2 with a few new features that might be considered balance issues like highlighting areas with radar; Assignments--challenges from BF3 that rewarded you with guns and customization items--are also available to add more replay value to the game; the suppression was balanced; and there are still a plethora of gadgets to use. There's a lot to like about BF4, but there are also some MAJOR flaws in its system. The game does have 10 maps, but these maps aren't as fun as 3 and often feature plenty of camping spots like the rooftops of buildings where the only way you can get up there is usually with a helicopter; but even then, you'll probably have to deal with a few squads of campers which might lead to a death. Outside of conquest, these maps mostly SUCK for other modes like Deathmatches or Rush. And speaking of modes, there is a lack of new game modes here. Besides Conquest, Rush, Deathmatches, and Domination (rip-off of CoD's domination mode), there are only 2 new ones, and both flopped. There's Defuse--BF4's attempted response to CoD's Search and Destroy mode that failed--and Obliteration--a "CoD Sabatage-style" mode with 3 bombs on both sides that flops because of the large map size, and the limitation of only 1 bomb carrier; so if you spawn far away from him, the mode becomes a running simulator since you'll have to get up to where the action's happening. The counter-knife system--where if you knife a guy in the front, a QTE pops up--sucks, but 4's BIGGEST sin is it's progression system. For starters, there are an excessive amount of guns to choose from, and while it's good for allowing more customization for the player, there's so many guns that they all start to feel the same. Why would I need 9 different sniper rifles if they all perform the same? It's like DICE copied and pasted several gun stats and merely changed the looks. And unlike BF3, you DON'T unlock guns by progressing your class as the 2 are separate. This means you HAVE to get kills with that gun class in order to unlock more guns. With all classes that have the last gun at somewhere in-between 48K-83K, you would need HUNDREDS of gun kills and assists in order to progress. This is all on top of that same stupid attachment progression system from 3. There are also Battlepacks--packs of random loot from attachments to XP boosts--that are very much unnecessary and almost pay-to-win due to the awful progression system. This game, essentially, is a major GRIND-FEST that only gets fun once you have everything you wanted unlocked, and good luck with that. 6/10

Verdict: The game had promise, but with a grind-y progression system, and maps that only work for Conquest, Conquestfield 4 disappoints.

Rating: 6/10
  6. May 12, 2015
    LOVE THIS GAME
    played for +300hours, incredible maps, guns, equipments, vehicles, kills all together with levolution and huge maps, all the dlcs worth the money,everytihng is new and the graphics + the jogability = the best game from this decade
  7. RSG
    Apr 30, 2015
    The best game I have ever played, even including Battlefield 3, which comes in second. The games are very similar, but the sequel improves many aspects of the predecessor, which was already truly amazing. Yes, sure, it was very broken and even unplayable for some people on the launch, but so was Battlefield 3. It's just EA Games making a mistake I don't think they are gonna make again. AndThe best game I have ever played, even including Battlefield 3, which comes in second. The games are very similar, but the sequel improves many aspects of the predecessor, which was already truly amazing. Yes, sure, it was very broken and even unplayable for some people on the launch, but so was Battlefield 3. It's just EA Games making a mistake I don't think they are gonna make again. And the mistake is launching both games before they were finished, just to compete with (let's not say CoD) other titles releasing at the same time. But after year and a half, the game is finally what it should've been at the launch. And that is the best Multiplayer experience you'll ever have, Expand
  8. Apr 16, 2015
    Campaign mode is unplayable, full of bugs, it suddenly crashes the game, and it is 20 GB of size on disk Pathetic. I´m now stuck on the same level because the game does not know how to recover, even if i restart the game.
  9. Apr 4, 2015
    do not buy !!! very poor re spawn policy . Magnum bullets don't have any special effect you cannot turn off the morons easily who insist you listen to their music and their kids in the background. And the enemy spawn right behind you
  10. Apr 3, 2015
    only thing I know of that game and has many bugs installed this game when I started playing password asked to play but I had not wanted eai not provide password scrotum game
  11. Mar 30, 2015
    Crashes regularly after 2 years of patches. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  12. Mar 12, 2015
    One of the absolute worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing.
    This isn't something I say lightly, as I've been a fan of this series and of DICE since Battlefield 2.
    This has to be their worst offering yet. The maps have no flow and it is entirely impossible to predict where your enemy will come from. No matter how quick you are with your gun, if the enemy always shows up
    One of the absolute worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing.
    This has to be their worst offering yet.

No matter how quick you are with your gun, if the enemy always shows up behind you there is no tactical element to speak of.
    In Battlefield 3, the previous game in the series, even losing a match was a lot of fun.
    In Battlefield 4, there is not a minute of enjoyment to be had, win or lose.

The specialization mechanic is frustrating, causing you to have too little ammo until you reach the mandatory number of squad paddy cakes.
    Because the upgrade paths are already set, there is no way to have both extra rockets and extra ammo for the engineer class, causing you to either run out of your ability to defeat tanks or run out of your ability to fight infantry.
    The gadgets are designed to be frustrating and involve no tactics or skills.
    The UCAV in particular comes to mind.

Do not pick up this game.
    I would go even further and suggest that you should not buy any more games designed by DICE until they've proven themselves to be worth the money and your trust.
    The trajectory of DICE shown by Battlefield 4 is a truly unfortunate one indeed.
  13. Mar 5, 2015
    What a horribly buggy piece of ****.

- Bugs galore
    - Hackers that never seem to get banned
    - Netcode that gets worse after each patch
    - Crashes all the time
  14. Mar 3, 2015
    After a year of patchs it is now in a place as it should have been when the game was released. I would recommend this game now as it is in a good place but I am very bitter it took over a year to do. I would not advise anyone to buy games from EA until reviews come out for the game you're interested in.
  15. Mar 3, 2015
    They have finally released the winter patch. It does improve alot of things but this is OVER A YEAR to fix these issues that they've since launch. I still would not buy Battlefield 4. Save your money or go buy a more solid shooter like Rising Storm or many of the other Fps's on the market.
  16. Feb 27, 2015
    I turned to Battlefield 4 because I am tired of the COD **** then I found it is even worse than COD !!!... The single player campaign task designs are so bad.. no Bots to play before I can join in Multiplayer.. how can I practice??? I will never buy any battlefield again. I played battlefield 3 before, it was slightly better than this latest crap.
  17. Feb 15, 2015
    None of the top critic reviewers really had to balls to mark this game down to something which is a bit more reflective of the state of the game. yes when it works it is good, but you can't keep awarding high scores to games which are just plain broken. it really does seem like the creators of this game are taking the piss charging this sort of price and then having the cheek to get theirNone of the top critic reviewers really had to balls to mark this game down to something which is a bit more reflective of the state of the game. yes when it works it is good, but you can't keep awarding high scores to games which are just plain broken. it really does seem like the creators of this game are taking the piss charging this sort of price and then having the cheek to get their players to buy dlc when the game isn't even fixed. its a sad reflection of where we are right now with videogames, someone has to make a point and take a stand because with the way things are going right now if you keep rewarding games with high marks that aren't in a state to even be released then the industry will never get better! i'm looking at you ign, gamespot and destructoid! stop giving these broken games so much credit! because if you do then what happens, people buy it regardless of the faults it has and it encourages similar behaviour within the industry, suddenly everyone thinks "hey its ok to release a game that really isn't finished properly because that triple A game did and it still got high marks". and what happens with games with high marks? they sell well and nothing changes.
    I know this game is all about multi player but someone should really address just how bad the campaign was, it was a woefully bad experience! it was like watching one of the worst movies you've ever seen.
    the single player campaign could have done with much more work. and again, this is something that most reviewers just don't care to mark down, like this part of the game never exists. its still a component of the game, even if most people buy it for the multiplayer the solo side should still have a large amount of consideration. when you add these two bad gameplay experiences together it should impact the overall score significantly enough to drop it down from good to average.
    i'm not going to give this something ridiculous like 0 because it has merits and there are a lot of good things that reviewers did pick up on and that I agree with but I am giving this a lower score than what the average critics gave it as I think thats correct and fair in light of its flaws.
    I seriously hope they fired the people responsible for dragging this game down and employ some people who can do the job properly to work on hardline. if hardline is anything like this then make a point of NOT buying it. they've got to win people back by showing they are capable of providing a gaming experience that is worth your money.
  18. Feb 14, 2015
    So i bought this game very late right when Hardline was announced. I figured by now with Hardline around the corner and all the expansions released that all the bugs would have been addressed, but this turn out to be a false assumption.

One thing I did like right off the bat is the amount of customization available to players. i really enjoyed this from camos, to emblems, however the fun is only half enjoyable as half of the goodies are locked via battlepacks which simple is a extra grind and another cash grab for EA.

What was horrible to be is the fact there is still bugs present in the game, though they are random and hard to replicate in most cases they do exist. Sometimes I even wonder if my strange death was due to a players skill or simply a bug.

The guns, though have a new flavor to them, I really felt over all disappointed in the fact all the guns were generally poor in handling leaving a select few guns everyone uses... 416, M60, AWS, SRR61, ACE 23... Vehicle combat thought added new customizations once again most dont have any advantages, leaving players once again to pick the same load outs. I tried to like this game I really did, but after a month i felt I have seen enough to dislike this battlefield installment.
    Lastly BF4 just like BC2 has become a Recon/Snipers play ground. Half of everyones team are recons, to counter a recon you need another recon and the slippery slope continues. If you attack... sniped, if you defend... sniped.. if you snipe... eventually you get sniped. I'd honestly would rather go back to the M320 spam of BF3... and I have.
  19. Feb 11, 2015
    Excellent graphics, gameplay and sound works well with my 360 controller also. Dropped my texture settings down to medium on my old GTX 570 and it churns along nicely - sp 8/10 mp 9/10
  20. Jan 29, 2015
    Game is laggy and still crashes for me almost 2 years after, i bought it at launch. it's just not worth listening to the **** dubstep everytime I load into a game. play battlefield 3 or bad company 2 if u want to actually have fun
  21. Jan 24, 2015
    What can i say. i was booted from a single player game because my internet connection went down. are you having a laugh EA. SINGLE player. even if you are collecting data and metrics don't boot me because my connection went down. I wonder if they realise that the internet does not equal test LAN servers they operate in there dev studio.
  22. Jan 24, 2015
    So Here My Break Down for BF4

Story:5/10 In BF4 Your job would be much more difficult if the evil Russian and Chinese soldiers has learned a modicum of tactical awareness. But maybe the ease of which you pick them off and sneak by them is on purpose. They swarm as if they were pins at the end of a bowling ball lane, next to combustive barrels, no less. You create a wall of bullets and
    So Here My Break Down for BF4

Story:5/10
    In BF4 Your job would be much more difficult if the evil Russian and Chinese soldiers has learned a modicum of tactical awareness. But maybe the ease of which you pick them off and sneak by them is on purpose. They swarm as if they were pins at the end of a bowling ball lane, next to combustive barrels, no less. You create a wall of bullets and they keep walking into it, as if they were simply the catalysts for your explosive creations.But Sadly Campaign So Short And Uninteresting Like BF3 With Problem With AI Issue.

Multiplayer 7/10
    Like BF3 This Thing Is a Selling Points Even without the 64-player count, the fact that every mode in BF4 has more players means there are more enemies for you to shoot at, more people to heal, and resupply you – and probably the most important part: people squatting on vehicles won’t bog down a match to molasses.

Gameplay 8/10
    Graphics In BF4 Blow My Mind Gameplay and graphics are both beautiful and Sound So Realistic Even On Low-PC Gaming Spec

Performance 6/10 (5.5 If Possible)
    Unfortunately,the most annoying and nasty issue that lots of players have been harping on about – and with good reason – is the game just not working as intended. By this, I mean, the big “Battlefield 4 Has Stop Working” crash that will boot you out of the game completely. Another issue related to this is Sever Crashing, booting you out of matches for no good reason, and the occasional Unbalanced Gameplay,Overpowered Weapon and Netcode Issue Mostly On PC.

Final Verdict : 7.3/10
    The BF4 Is a My Great Shooters Of all Time Unfortunately With All Problem In BF4 As BF Hatred Bandwagon Grow Stronger In Fact DICE have thrown the game out into the public with a lot of broken strings that after 1 Years and 3 months after release DICE LA has fixed Most Problem it in the newest update. They really do their job well and are saving BF4 from being a buggy unbalanced disaster That Only Time Will Tells Fate of BF.
  23. Jan 21, 2015
    I have played this game and it is very buggy. Random FPS spikes and weird glitches. I only played this game for multiplayer. I experience the long loading screens which takes somewhere around 1-3 mins. The worst part is the game breaking glitch which is when you join a match it disconnects you. You have to connect to the server 2-5 times in order to join a game. There is no fix for thisI have played this game and it is very buggy. Random FPS spikes and weird glitches. I only played this game for multiplayer. I experience the long loading screens which takes somewhere around 1-3 mins. The worst part is the game breaking glitch which is when you join a match it disconnects you. You have to connect to the server 2-5 times in order to join a game. There is no fix for this bug. I recommend to not expect a good time when playing this game on pc. Expand
  24. Jan 16, 2015
    This is the worst multiplayer FPS game I have ever played. Gameplay is just random, arcade-ish, buggy as hell (even in 2015), has bad netcode, full of hackers, bad maps = DICE. Need to say more?
  25. Jan 11, 2015
    The multiplayer of BF4 is as of jan 2015 still plagued by a netcode that can only be described as 'broken', the experience can be summed by haphazard hit-detection issues and recurring 'lag like' spikes even as ping and latency to server is in the green. All in all Battlefield 4 still feel like playing a beta rather than a finished product.

The singleplayer segment is a 'looking trough

The singleplayer segment is a 'looking trough a shoebox' experience with a abysmal fov locked at 55.
  26. Jan 4, 2015
    An incoherent mess of a game.

The Good: Graphics (when on high) The bad: Everything else Spawn system: Enemies materialize off on their squad leaders when being engaged. Enemies materialize on points under capture at random areas. Enemies spawn out of the sky from choppers and fall down onto points. There is no semblance of a frontline. Enemies can be anywhere at any time very
    An incoherent mess of a game.

The Good: Graphics (when on high)

The bad: Everything else

Spawn system: Enemies materialize off on their squad leaders when being engaged. Enemies materialize on points under capture at random areas. Enemies spawn out of the sky from choppers and fall down onto points. There is no semblance of a frontline. Enemies can be anywhere at any time very easily.

Unlocks: Right off the bat you'll be playing against experienced players with access to better weapons and vehicle perks that completely dominate over the base guns/vehicle loadouts. Want to compete? Either be fodder for a few weeks and level up or pay to win by buying unlocks outright. Merit counts for very little in this game. It doesn't matter if you are an experienced, team oriented FPS gamer with a working microphone and a will to work with other players.... it counts for nothing in this game.

Maps: Small. Lots of geometry which makes it difficult to spot enemies on the lower non anti-aliased detail settings. No real choke points. Lots of maps with many stupid high sniper points which basically ensures that you will often get killed from very high unexpected. Due to the spawn system, and the large number of entrances on every capture point, you'll have enemies coming at you from every direction and there is little you can do to play defensively to hold a point. It's Unreal Tournament deathmatch with capture points.

Vehicles: All vehicles feel weak and underpowered without the unlocks. The way the choppers fly is a definite downgrade from BF2. Not agile one bit. Planes dominate and spawn frequently.

Damage system: Baffling... to say the least. Once again unlocks have far better handling than the default weapons and are overall more effective. Guns seem to either be grossly overpowered or underpowered.

As an original fan of the BF1942 and BF2, I find this game to be truly a piece of crap. It is an insufferable cash-grab. It has turned a once merit-driven team-based FPS into a pay-to-win clusterfu__ sh__fest with absolutely no redemable qualities. The type of game design you would expect to see on a free-to-play cell phone game and not on a $50 game that requires an expensive machine to play.

Utter... complete... sh**. A disgrace to the team-based FPS genre. Par the course for EA Games published title.
  27. Jan 2, 2015
    تخمی ترین شوتر عمرم این بتلفیلد 4 داستانش بدرد shaun the sheep میخوره مرحله هاش تنوعش فوق العاده کمه همه بازی یه چیزه فقط انلاینش بدرد میخوره بقیش به گرد پا نسخه قبلیش نمیرسه worst shooter in all time
  28. Dec 29, 2014
    Only good thing about this game is nothing really..
    **** balance,Terrible maps (DLC maps too) Terrible weapons
    Most gadgets are useless,Rush is a joke,Unstable EA servers and netcode,, oh boy that netcode It has to be the worst netcode in the history of gaming.You make 30 damage to tanks with grenades but you only do 25 damage to tanks with mines.Levolution is just badly scripted
    Only good thing about this game is nothing really..
    **** balance,Terrible maps (DLC maps too) Terrible weapons
    the worst netcode in the history of gaming.You make 30 damage to tanks with grenades but you only do 25 damage to tanks with mines.Levolution is just badly scripted building that falls and ruins the map.You
    can't even kill infantry with zuni rockets or damage tanks,ifv with active radar missiles.There are still
    few bugs and glitches after millions of patches and fixes.Community is worse than League of Legends community.Most admins are **** that kick you for stupid reasons.
    I thought Battlefield games are supposed to be mix between reality and arcade but I guess I was wrong.
    And graphics are just less blue I can't really see much difference with BF3
    Battlefield is dead for me GG Dice GG..
  29. Dec 20, 2014
    It's sad how this fantastic game gets bad reviews. The community here is full of haters who don't know their game and keep claiming that every BF game after BF2 is bad.

BF4 filled all the missing features of 3, but is "bad because of bugs". BF3 is bad because it lacked all the features of the previous BFs. BFBC2 is golden and better than 1943, but worse than BFBC1. BFBC1 is bad

BF4 filled all the missing features of 3, but is "bad because of bugs".
    BF3 is bad because it lacked all the features of the previous BFs.
    BFBC2 is golden and better than 1943, but worse than BFBC1.
    BFBC1 is bad because it's only for consoles.
    BF2142 isn't as good as 2.
    BF2 is the best BF.
    Seriously, this is ridiculous. I will go as far as saying BF4 is the best BF yet, as it is currently clean of bugs, but still receiving updates for balancing issues, which are mostly fixed now. BF4 was, at the start, completely unplayable, but is now 100% functioning, and now they've balanced out the weapons and vehicles, and this is all because of a hard-working team called DICE LA-they're in fact the most supportive/active developers I've ever seen. In fact, if I read a new forum post or watch a new Lvlcap video about balancing issues, a week later, DICE LA has fixed it in the newest update, which makes me think that they check absolutely every corner of BF4 hate on the internet. They really do their job well and are saving BF4 from being a buggy unbalanced disaster
    Sure, BF4 has had the worst launch of any BF game, but it sure is one of the best multiplayer FPS out there now (If not THE best). It's a game that improved on everything amazing BF3 did wrong, and sure put every CoD game ever made to shame.
  30. Dec 17, 2014
    Yes there were a few bugs but it's still the best online shooter imho. I played for 400 hours so far and I've not played since a year (too busy). I'm looking forward playing all the DLCs released since ! There is no other game that enjoy as much as this game, it's really addictive and you can find a clan, it gets better ! Why ? the graphics are superb, the immersion is total, the gameplayYes there were a few bugs but it's still the best online shooter imho. I played for 400 hours so far and I've not played since a year (too busy). I'm looking forward playing all the DLCs released since ! There is no other game that enjoy as much as this game, it's really addictive and you can find a clan, it gets better ! Why ? the graphics are superb, the immersion is total, the gameplay is perfect (it's hard and rewarding). Expand
  31. Dec 14, 2014
    Campaign: Nice but completely unecessary add-on for BF4. In every location you have to kill every enemy just to move forward. This make this game campaign almost unplayable, i was discusted after 2 missions. No More of BF single-players please.
  32. Dec 13, 2014
    This took what battlefield 3 did and made it SOOOOOO MUCH WORSE!!!! The counter-knife system is a thorn in my side, its rediculous and if they wanted to go that route, have a qte to try to make it a struggle, not just a reversal... Its a joke. On top of that it takes far too many anti-vehicle weapons to kill a tank, around 5, more if they are repairing. You only carry 5, so without aThis took what battlefield 3 did and made it SOOOOOO MUCH WORSE!!!! The counter-knife system is a thorn in my side, its rediculous and if they wanted to go that route, have a qte to try to make it a struggle, not just a reversal... Its a joke. On top of that it takes far too many anti-vehicle weapons to kill a tank, around 5, more if they are repairing. You only carry 5, so without a support, you wont do jack... The map design is terrible, as well. Has some neat little features but its still a bad design. Rush mode is still as bad as it was in bf3... They took a mode that was fun and great in bad company 2 and completely screwed it up. Having to unlock guns and accessories makes the game very unfriendly towards newbies, even veterans of the battlefield franchise. The premium edition... dont get me started... You pay extra for perks like... moving to the front of the queue, for full servers... Its a slap in the face to gamers everywhere. This game is a joke, ever since they codified it they killed off the fun factor of the game... They need to go back to the old system and remake bf2 and 2142 with better graphics, but the same gameplay as before... Too bad, this game should be great, looks great, but the mechanics are just terrible... Expand
  33. Dec 11, 2014
    DICE stuck to their roots with Battlefield 4. The game felt like a pretty fresh experience, at least for an FPS, that was until I realised how unfinished the game is.

First, this game is flawed. The gameplay is good, the maps are very hit and miss, but generally very enjoyable and the graphics are very nice. However, DICE have thrown the game out into the public with a lot of broken strings that, even after 14 months after release, still haven't bothered to fix. Instead, they decide to waste time whining on how EA robbed them while releasing mediocre DLC's that most people do not care for. This game is technically good and my negative views on it may be seen as nit-picking, but trust me, it is not. Many times I have had to give up playing due to problems that have overly complicated fixes that numerous purchasers have become victim to.

Despite this, the game is pretty much everything it looks on the outside. Its your typical addicting, eye candy military shooter. I admit that I didn't play the campaign but after Battlefield 3 it was clear where the ambition was, which is the multiplayer. If you know anything about modern FPS game's you probably know how the successful Battlefield formula works. Each map has typically about 32 to 64 slots, depending on the gamemode. The most popular gamemode is the conquest gamemode where two opposing sides must hold as different points of the map as they can to decrease the amount of tickets lost, the first team to reach 0 tickets loses. The maps are large and look stunning. As previously mentioned the map designs are very hit and miss. Some maps are very well designed, such as the brilliant Siege of Shanghai, a typical city map separated by the incredibly large and well designed skyscraper in the middle. This maps standouts out as it accomplishes the feeling of challenge when trying to capture or defend each point, all of which are very well designed. However, even this map if flawed after the skycraper falls as a 'levelution' which definitely was a poor design choice. The desert/warehouse setting of Zavod is also an excellent map which held some of my most intense and fondest moments of playing these games. These aside, BF4 suffers from a lot of poor map design, ranging from the messy and incomplete Hainan Resort to the claustrophobic and dull Operation Locker. The maps really don't balance out and the brilliant maps do not make up for the embarrassingly shocking ones.

The new content is also limited. Not much feels new, this may be a bit unfair since I did not play Battlefield 3 that much, but I felt as though I wasn't getting my $90 worth playing it. This point feels a bit unfair as it's pretty much what's expected for a sequel to a successful multiplayer FPS but its jump from its predecessor feels small compared to what BF3 did from BF2.

As negative as this review may feel, I actually had quite a blast playing this game. It definitely won't a game I see myself coming back to in the near future but it served it purpose well in delivery a fast paced, gorgeous FPS that I can see fans enjoying. For me however, the games bugs and numerous problems make the game more frustrating than it should be.
  34. Dec 10, 2014
    Battlefield takes the crown as the worst multiplayer FPS I've ever played.
    Netcode is absolutely abysmal, the bullets seem to travel through time, you can often feel like you got killed before your enemy even saw you. and the gameplay is terrible, the whole thing looks like rabbits running and hoping around with guns.
  35. Dec 7, 2014
    BF4 is basically a patch for the previous game - nothing innovative here. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 8/10 - excellent as before, even on low-end rigs
    2. Gameplay: 7/10 - great controls and satisfying experience with good sound effects
    3. Story: 2/10 - not interesting or engaging at all
    4. Multiplayer: 2/10 - stuttering, lag, and crashes

Overall, average game.
  36. Dec 6, 2014
    No Capture the Flag mode by default :( Only with paid DLC can you get Capture the Flag, and this is the most fun mode in my opinion. Good game, taxing on computer so is a little laggy. In general, hard game I die quite a bit. Hard to get into on multiplayer, bleh will move to Guild Wars 2
  37. Dec 5, 2014
    Pros:
    Pros:
    As of Dec '14, BF4 is mostly playable. Tickrate is low and there's still remnant bugs, but that's to be expected in ambitious titles like these. Undoubtedly this game has the best sound design in the gaming industry; props to DICE for hiring great sound engineers. Sound is 50% of a game and not many developers realize that. Overall, I think DICE found sweet spot between military-sim Arma and CoD.

Cons:
    Rocky launch probably drove away lots of paying customers. Major issues took way too long to fix. Vehicles feel a tad too arcadey.
  38. Nov 28, 2014
    buyer beware possibly the worst FPS game of all time this game single handly ruined battlefield franchise don't believe the hype Ea pays for reviews.This should have been a DLC of battlefield 3 its a copy paste of it highly regret buying.
  39. Nov 26, 2014
    You could say this in many different ways, but the simplest is this. The game does not work. Even after a year of patches, its a horrible, frustrating mess. It looks pretty, but the quality is nowhere near robust or fast enough for a satisfying FPS experience. It was never finished, and DICE have now lost interest and moved onto Battlefield Hardline. Please do yourself a favour aYou could say this in many different ways, but the simplest is this. The game does not work. Even after a year of patches, its a horrible, frustrating mess. It looks pretty, but the quality is nowhere near robust or fast enough for a satisfying FPS experience. It was never finished, and DICE have now lost interest and moved onto Battlefield Hardline. Please do yourself a favour a steer clear of this game. Expand
  40. Nov 21, 2014
    This is a very good game, just don't bother with any of the expansions/dlcs which no one plays 1-2 months after release. If you only want to play Conquest mode on the stock maps then go ahead and get this game, though 1-2 years from now (fall 2014) you will only be able to find a dozen servers running.
  41. Nov 20, 2014
    This game is not the game we expected. Sure it has its strengths in multiplayer but its single player campaign was just utterly disappointing. I didn't think they could actually make something worse in this game than its predecessor. The best part about the campaign was the hit markers and scoring. This at least gave it an arcade style feel to a campaign which wasn't even worth playing. ItThis game is not the game we expected. Sure it has its strengths in multiplayer but its single player campaign was just utterly disappointing. I didn't think they could actually make something worse in this game than its predecessor. The best part about the campaign was the hit markers and scoring. This at least gave it an arcade style feel to a campaign which wasn't even worth playing. It was bearable by all means but compared to BF3 or even Call of Duty, it falls horribly short. I found myself pushing my way through it just for the gamerscore. Moving on, the multiplayer was a big improvement. Not huge - but big enough to give it a new feel. The larger, more open maps made the game better. The weapons and customization options were pretty good but it still feels the same. The gameplay didn't take too much of a step forward. Still, overall its a fun game and people should still be playing it a lot for now. Expand
  42. Nov 14, 2014
    Alright so I've played this game over half a year now and I'd like to share my pro's and con's with you.
    (Based on bf3 and bfbc2)
    Pro's: Improved graphical fidelity More destructive terrain More weapon customisation Cool phantom achivements Improved movement on foot Faster combat Lot's of game modes Con's : Vehicle spam on most maps in conquest Ctf,sqd,tdm are dead game modes
    (Based on bf3 and bfbc2)
    Improved movement on foot
    Faster combat
    Lot's of game modes

Con's :
    Vehicle spam on most maps in conquest
    Ctf,sqd,tdm are dead game modes
    Ground suppression is way too high
    Ballistic shield and other gadgets are really weak
    Vehicle collision is really really bad
  43. Nov 12, 2014
    Tanks that can't shoot fast enough or withstand hits, no clear direction and an aim assist that must be an inside joke with developers. Disappointing as usual. Call of Duty makes this game look like it was developed by stupid apes with no concept of fun. Borrow it to see how bad it is but don't waste a dime on it. Contrasted with the simple easy play of Call of Duty I would say this gameTanks that can't shoot fast enough or withstand hits, no clear direction and an aim assist that must be an inside joke with developers. Disappointing as usual. Call of Duty makes this game look like it was developed by stupid apes with no concept of fun. Borrow it to see how bad it is but don't waste a dime on it. Contrasted with the simple easy play of Call of Duty I would say this game is a definite exercise in WTF game design. It is as if the intentionally made it unfun. Note to game designers: try to remember what fun is like, then make a game with that in mind. Expand
  44. Nov 11, 2014
    Gameplay (of 10) : 8
    Story (of 10) : 6
    Graphic (of 10) : 9
    Sound (of 10) : 8

Total : 7.6 / 10

Total score is weighted average of four factors, respectively Gameplay, Story, Graphic, Sound.
  45. Nov 10, 2014
    AWESOME Graphics. short but good singleplayer. multiplayer is awesome. controls are VERY responsive ! and the gameplay feels like your really there but there's few problems also. glitches and A LOT of time waiting for a loading screen. anooying but i can forgive
  46. Nov 10, 2014
    Great multiplayer. Poor Short campaign. Stunning visuals and graphic. The sound is great and realistic. You can experience huge battles in great BF multiplayer. the biggest problem of the game is bug.
  47. Nov 7, 2014
    Revising my initial review after the latest patch. The movement and weapon handling are much better. Still issues with hit reg but not nearly as bad.

The maps are probably the biggest issue for me, they just don't flow as well as previous games. However BF4 is a good game in many ways. Suggestions for future releases: 1. Have a core collection of maps that are always available,

Suggestions for future releases:
    1. Have a core collection of maps that are always available, community favourites.
    2. Allow the music to be turned off please! It's depressing.
  48. Nov 6, 2014
    I have been playing this game for 5 hours. The game is extremely unfriendly for new players in multiplayer getting constantly killed each time you spawn. Moreover, I can not see any significant improvements since BF3. For that reason, I fully agree with other reviews that this game should be released as a DLC for BF3 or just named BF 3.5.
    p.s. I just bought this game only because of
    p.s. I just bought this game only because of commander mode. However, I need to achieve level 10 to unlock this feature. It's a torture for me.
  49. Nov 1, 2014
    I created a profile just to review this game. I doubt this review will be read, but honestly writing it just feels like the right thing to do in case I can save anyone out there hard earned money.

Just know that yes, this is a pretty good game. I do not have the experience with the series that many do have, but to me the game is pretty to look at, has great shooting and driving mechanics, and a fantastically grandiose setting. However, I do not feel that I can give the game anything other than a zero because for me it is simply not playable at any graphics settings.

I want to like this game because of the huge spectacular battles. The destructible environments and large maps really provide great eye candy. However, if you are playing on a large server and actually want to join the fray, you will quickly find yourself getting stuck in place repeatedly (rubber banding), and the game will basically become your own personal suicide simulator 2014. These issues are further exacerbated when you are in the middle of a firefight; however they remain if you are far away from the fighting.

I initially believed that this was simply due to my computer or internet for whatever reason, but a quick internet search will immediately show that not only are my issues not an isolated incident but also that they have been in existence and unsolved for over a year now. Many generous individuals have provided possible fixes online, but none of them have worked for me.

If you think you are better at solving computer issues than me, you may very well be correct. Just know that I have spent more hours trying to fix this game than actually playing it (if you could call it that.) I have tried everything from installing on an ssd to smart port forwarding. But still even when I have extremely low ping and join a local server with low ping, I find myself glitching my way across the map like an idiot.

If you buy this game, know the risk you are taking. It simply doesn't work for many people such as myself. You will get a lot of people on these review sites denying that this is even happening, but even Dice has admitted there is a problem.

If you think I am full of it it is your right to have that opinion, and I will defend that right with my life. But it is your hard earned money on the line. And speaking of money, the DLC for this game is out of control. If you want to be able to play any map on any server you will have to spend $70 (in my location). When the game is on sale. For a game that is a year old. For a game that does not work.

Note: I was around for the release of Rome 2, and I never considered even that game "unplayable" if you need some kind of scale to understand how broken this game is to me.
  50. Oct 20, 2014
    The game sadly still has problems after just over a year of release. It looks great and when its actually playable (when bugs dont crash your system) its really enjoyable. Sadly EA forced Dice to release BF4, something damaging to the next releases for the series. Care for your customer first then profits.
  51. Oct 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I originally reviewed favorably when this game came out. However, after a year before they finally fixed the bugs, that was a premature review. I really thought they would have been more diligent in the fixes. As well, since the Expansions are all forced on you and no permission for open modding was ever implemented, I have to revise my original review.
    The expansions are more apt to lag and experience tech problems
    Other Cons are Spawning Locations, Melee Takedowns/Counters, OP Armor/Air, Small squad sizes and limited commander functions/communications and most of all, the Game Modes. In Regular, their is no Friendly Fire, and in Hardcore, the game is unplayable on the expansive maps thanks to snipers being so OP. If you set a server to Custom to tailor the game to your liking, it becomes unplayable due to lag. If you have a Ranked server, you will not populate as fast as an Official server, but if you are an Official server you cannot Admin to maintain fair play or customize a map rotation. Unfortunately, none of these issues were ever addressed or fixed.
  52. Oct 8, 2014
    Where to start... I'll start with the good features of battlefield: 64 player multi-player, good weapon customization, and platoon based clans / large player grouped communities.

Here is what they got wrong: They pushed the game out in an unfinished state back in October of 2013; ever since then it's just been one giant beta test (funny story, they already did a beta test before releasing the game) to try to get the game in somewhat decent condition. It's been a full year now since the release of the game, and they managed to fix "some" of the bugs and glitches. (For some reason, they also had their Battlepack micro transactions perfectly intact during launch, but the game was broken). The single player campaign is a joke, as it's only purpose is showing off the features of the game's features and capabilities, rather than gameplay. A great example of this is with the 3rd mission "South China Sea", you enter the remains of an aircraft carrier to find a data stick. during the mission, you have to go under water to get to another area of the mission. This segment had no effect on the gameplay or story, but only served to show off the underwater physics and effects. As of October 8th, 2014, they have release nearly all of their dlc; so I might as well review those pieces of content as well.

China Rising: This dlc is OK, as it provided maps that appealed to all the classes in the game. However, the "Levelutions" are missing from these maps; they either rushed this expansion out as well, or decided that levelution was just to much for the engine of the game (or to much of a gimmick for anyone to care about).

Second Assault: This is basically a couple of maps from Battlefield 3 that they implemented into Battlefield 4. This map pack is actually pretty good as it added weather "levelutions" to some of the maps and improved on the already well known maps.

Navel Strike: oh my god; what didn't they mess up on this map pack (this is where I started to really have problems with their game). First of all, the weapons in this expansion are either over powered (AWS, AR160), ore are the weakest, most worthless guns in the game (SR338, SW40). Textures would start rendering as i played (on all their maps including vanilla maps), and for some stupid reason, my FPS was throttled down during gameplay (unless i restarted my PC every time I wanted to play BF4). These aren't the only issues I had with this expansion pack; the map designs sound cool (with island warfare and attack boats ), but fails in gameplay. Traversing the maps are a chore if you don't have a boat or an air craft. objectives are easy to hold once you clear the island of enemy players (cause boats and choppers are sky-lined in the big empty water). Also this expansion had the BIG reveal of the mystic Megaladon; honestly, they put more work into a prehistoric shark, than they did fixing their own game.... let that sink in...

Dragon's Teeth: Same as China Rising, but with levelutions.. so it's an OK expansion.

Conclusion: Do I want to play a game that requires me to restart my computer in order to get maximum performance?

Do I want to play a game where the developers put more effort into Easter Eggs and forum events than fixing the game?

Do I want to play a game that's still in beta testing (yes it's still in beta testing, it's called Battlefield CTE. CTE = Community, TEST, Environment)?

The answer is no. I did have high hopes for this game, I really did. However, this game ultimately failed to deliver. DICE should be ashamed of themselves for: 1.) releasing the game in a broken state. 2.) failing to fix the game in a timely manner. For me, Battlefield 4 ruined the reputation of DICE as a development team. I'm sorry DICE, but i'll never play one of your games again, not after what I experienced with BF4.
  53. Oct 5, 2014
    The game is finally fixed. Ignore the reviews saying it is broken, it now all works. My only complaint is that rush was my favourite game mode in BF3 but I just don't like it on BF4. The maps just aren't right for it.
  54. Oct 4, 2014
    I am very disappointing about this game. The game looks like BF3, hasn't killer-features and has a big balance problem. This game was the worst experience with a BF game.
  55. Sep 29, 2014
    This game is just a cheap copy of BF3. Everything they changed got worse. BF3 had great maps for all types of game modes but the BF4 maps are really bad and you can only play conquest. It's impossible to play rush in BF4. The unlocking system is really bad in BF4. Engineer became a terrible class, especially because the first weapon is just awful. Levolution is just an eye candy forThis game is just a cheap copy of BF3. Everything they changed got worse. BF3 had great maps for all types of game modes but the BF4 maps are really bad and you can only play conquest. It's impossible to play rush in BF4. The unlocking system is really bad in BF4. Engineer became a terrible class, especially because the first weapon is just awful. Levolution is just an eye candy for trailers, after a few hours of playing you don't really notice the "dynamic elements" anymore. Graphics improved slightly but the hardware requirements got a lot higher too. If your PC can run BF3 without any problems you shouldn't think it can run BF4 too. The netcode got even worse than in BF3. You have to play the sp to unlock some of the weapons, which wouldn't be so bad if the developers could program properly. Sometimes the story just doesn't continue and you have to restart the game, sometimes you fall through the ground. It's programmed so badly it's even a pain to start the game because it keeps crashing. I blame EA because they wanted to release to game so early to make some more money. Expand
  56. Sep 27, 2014
    Best FPS ever atm.

Have many issues but there is no better one to counter it.

My main problem with this game that their development is going towards COD.
    ANd thats not good sign.
    They try to take COD market while ignoring their fanbase.
  57. Sep 23, 2014
    On PC, the game is really beautiful!

The bug is corrected , and it became a pleasure to play ! The " evolution " is really well done

And is game immersive and very fun
  58. Sep 22, 2014
    Coming from a long time Battlefield player, simply put, this is the best Battlefield ever made. It had a rough start because of crashing issues, but the actual game play is flat amazing. At this point you can ignore all of the early negativity because it doesn't apply anymore anyway. If you're a battlefield fan on the fence about getting this, its easily worth it. Great game.
  59. Sep 21, 2014
    While the addition of Commander Mode is a step in the right direction, BF4 really does feel like just a BF3.5. Making soldiers generalists instead of specialists is the recurring trend here with each Battlefield release. Also you have to purchase Premium which is $140 all up (when you include the base game) if you don't want to feel like a second-class citizen. The game is also the worstWhile the addition of Commander Mode is a step in the right direction, BF4 really does feel like just a BF3.5. Making soldiers generalists instead of specialists is the recurring trend here with each Battlefield release. Also you have to purchase Premium which is $140 all up (when you include the base game) if you don't want to feel like a second-class citizen. The game is also the worst launch of a Battlefield game to date, at least speaking from personal experience. Expand
  60. Sep 13, 2014
    Is this a joke? Just only big joke. Totally disaster, i like to see little developing not just graphics. Battlefield 2 was a game and i wait it a lot next ones but next ones was only disappointments, just a big jokes with nothing to do good fbs.
  61. Sep 9, 2014
    Having played around 250 hours of BF4 multiplayer, I feel I have a good view of the game.

The Pros: Good choice of weapons Ability to use DMR/Shotgun/Carbine for any class Good graphics decent load times Large maps Large map choices The Cons: Netcode is still messed up Some weapons are overpowered. Plenty of bugs even after a year. Now, I only play Hardcore so I can't

The Pros:
    Good choice of weapons
    Ability to use DMR/Shotgun/Carbine for any class
    Good graphics
    decent load times
    Large maps
    Large map choices

The Cons:
    Netcode is still messed up
    Some weapons are overpowered.
    Plenty of bugs even after a year.

Now, I only play Hardcore so I can't really comment too much on the Normal version. but I feel that Battlefield 4 is a great first person shooter, that falls a bit short in some areas. Compared to its predecessor, BF3, Battlefield 4 doesn't stand out.
  62. Sep 7, 2014
    With Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, it's not a surprise to say I had high expectations for BF4. The game has thoroughly disappointed me in every aspect, even the graphics. The game exchanges the gritty, lifelike textures of Battlefield 3 for a cartoon like feel and more detail. The singleplayer was, quite literally, the worst storyline and experience I've had in a FPS. The multiplayerWith Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, it's not a surprise to say I had high expectations for BF4. The game has thoroughly disappointed me in every aspect, even the graphics. The game exchanges the gritty, lifelike textures of Battlefield 3 for a cartoon like feel and more detail. The singleplayer was, quite literally, the worst storyline and experience I've had in a FPS. The multiplayer has map designs that frankly made me wonder if the map designers at DICE were replaced by mentally challenged monkeys for this specific game. The netcode has been, and continues to be, a nightmare that's been unprecedented, not to mention the incredibly crappy balance and spawns. Congratulations, DICE, for making perhaps one of the worst games of the current console generation, and easily the worst Battlefield ever produced. I don't know why people say Hardline isn't fit for the battlefield name and reputation, when it's so obviously this one. Expand
  63. Sep 5, 2014
    The game in theory is good, but the execution, and follow through is horrible. They promised the universe and gave us a rock. The multiplayer is what 99% of the people buy the game for and it's impossible to play competitively. If you're playing around with some friends then it can be fun but serious gamers need to run away.
    This will be my last game from DICE. They said they would fix
    This will be my last game from DICE. They said they would fix the "netcode" twice now and still horrible. Games from the 90s have better tic rate than this game. 10 tic rate is laughable. Along with the overkill sun glare that blinds you half the game. I would love to have my money back since I paid for a full game and got a broken one instead.
  64. Aug 25, 2014
    I'm reviewing the SP portion here:
    I wasn't expecting much of the game and now that it's finally available for only 20 bucks (unless you want to get the Deluxe Premium whatever edition) I checked out a Gameplay vid and was like: yea, looks nice, let's give it a shot.
    I'm reviewing the SP portion here:

Now - the first 15 minutes of the game look quite promising and atmospheric, and then it starts to get really cheap. And it only gets worse and somewhere along the line you wonder if they simply stopped the SP guys from blowing money on it because most of their money comes from MP DLCs anyway.

Besides that the story is really dull, wasn't expecting much anyway, they really didn't care this time around (compared to BF3) to setup a campaign that is satisfying.
    To me it looks like they started trying to make something nice, and then their budget was cut and they came up with half-assed action sequences... and not even that - you are left to imagine that something fancy just happened because animating the destruction of a dam/ship was too expensive so they just let your character black out.
  65. Aug 24, 2014
    I still remember the old BF1942 that used to actually be fun. Everytime I try to get into this game I just end up closing it. The maps suck and I just dont like it. Please make a game that is fun like in the old days.
  66. Aug 23, 2014
    The only good thing about this game is it's graphics. And graphics counts for nothing if the single player is horrible and the multiplayer is broken and unplayable.
  67. Aug 23, 2014
    The game looks and sounds very good especially now with 3d vision. But it is simply unplayable i played about 3 hours an it crashed 8 times. I considered buying cause i enjoyed BF2:BC2 and BF3 but it's not playable. Generally games don't crash on my PC i can't remember when i had the last crash. Even if they do, they crash once in 10 hours not every 10 minutes.
  68. Aug 22, 2014
    I gave this game a 6 in comparison to BF3. The nice thing about this game is that players now have the option of spectating games that allows them to observe suspicious players. People no longer have to wonder who is hacking... It actually shocked me that I have discovered servers that I performed extremely poor on had almost nothing but hackers with modified skins and movementsI gave this game a 6 in comparison to BF3. The nice thing about this game is that players now have the option of spectating games that allows them to observe suspicious players. People no longer have to wonder who is hacking... It actually shocked me that I have discovered servers that I performed extremely poor on had almost nothing but hackers with modified skins and movements uncharacteristic to normal play. They can also now be aware when they are being observed and they will literally sit still... which in the least part is a heck of a way to grief cheaters trying to hide their cheats.

They also added what I nearly forgot existed all the way back from Battlefield 2142 the Commander slot in battles. Commanders can be devastating for matches yet very few want to play the role as it is not exactly exciting when most people do not follow orders... but one can progress in rank quick from being a Commander. It sure does suck when your opposing team has an Commander and the other team doesn't; the Commander's team usually wins...

One thing I did not like in this game was the new vehicle set-up. Jets seemingly lose control when I start firing; they simply stall out in the air and I lose my positioning for a kill. Manipulating the throttle to increase turning speed has been significantly gimped; when the throttle over exerted the plane literally stops turning entirely as if it lost all of it's wind. They also put in several different types of Guns for the jet and it makes spotting cheaters damn near impossible when the 30 mm cannon naturally does too much damage. The Miniguns on the Transport Heli no longer harm Tanks; as if they really did any serious damage in BF3. They are now good for killing soldiers and eventually bringing down other flying vehicles.

All in All BF2 is still the best game. They do too much with this franchise and it has now become exclusively all about the money and it really irritates me that they have already created Battlefield Hardline.

This may be the official last Battlefield Game I ever buy... purely for the fact that they keep rebuilding the beast... if they want to go this far then they should just make it a P2P MMO.

When I look at it statistically, this game comes out at about $70 retail and then people wind up paying another $100 for all the: expansions, Weapon Kit Shortcuts and Premium status; the shortcut kits have been designed to be more useful in such a way because items are practically random now from the suitcase bundles...

They've already duped us into paying $15/month to play this game without them being held accountable for all of the Hackers running Injectable code cheats in this game.

Look at the release date, this game isn't even a year old yet and it's already being phased out by Battlefield Hardline; which is a whole new kind of garbage...

Talk about encouraging the existence of a Police State and Criminals with Guerrilla Military style weapons. It's just not right to advocate the killing of Police...ever...
  69. Aug 21, 2014
    I was a huge fan of Bad Company and BF3, but this is like finding out you have herpes on your 21st birthday. I've never been so disappointed in a franchise than BF4. Why companies feel the need to completely muck everything up between versions is beyond me, but I guess when you make Helen Keller the lead game director you wind up with BF4. I never thought I'd veer off the path, but dare II was a huge fan of Bad Company and BF3, but this is like finding out you have herpes on your 21st birthday. I've never been so disappointed in a franchise than BF4. Why companies feel the need to completely muck everything up between versions is beyond me, but I guess when you make Helen Keller the lead game director you wind up with BF4. I never thought I'd veer off the path, but dare I say I'll be entertaining other FPS's before the next release of this heap. EA if you're reading this, I've never asked for my money back, but there's a first time for everything. Expand
  70. Aug 20, 2014
    This game was broken when it was first released. But now the netcode has been fixed so that hits register faster. It's starting to feel almost as smooth as CoD games when it comes to shooting. But better than CoD, on conquest this game is huge and relies on teamwork to win. There are tons of vehicles and a balanced team is really importance. But you can still play small infantry only mapsThis game was broken when it was first released. But now the netcode has been fixed so that hits register faster. It's starting to feel almost as smooth as CoD games when it comes to shooting. But better than CoD, on conquest this game is huge and relies on teamwork to win. There are tons of vehicles and a balanced team is really importance. But you can still play small infantry only maps and those are still fun. Play with five of your friends in a squad and there's no better gaming experience.

But they really needed specific maps for Rush. It's so unbalanced, offense usually has no chance. Rush mode on BF3 was good, and Rush on BC2 was near perfect. Considering that Rush is my favorite mode, I was really disappointed.

Overall, still a good game
  71. Aug 20, 2014
    I've been playing Battlefield series since Battlefield 1942, I really like the first 5 or 6 games of this trademark but Battlefield 4 is an absolute disgrace. I bought the game and premium and almost 1 year in it's still full of errors, bugs, glitches and performance problems. Dice tries real hard to keep this game as a failure. Even with all these problems the game has they start to workI've been playing Battlefield series since Battlefield 1942, I really like the first 5 or 6 games of this trademark but Battlefield 4 is an absolute disgrace. I bought the game and premium and almost 1 year in it's still full of errors, bugs, glitches and performance problems. Dice tries real hard to keep this game as a failure. Even with all these problems the game has they start to work on an another Battlefield title instead of fixing the latest. Congratulations Dice, you have ruined a great series. Expand
  72. Aug 18, 2014
    i dont get why people are hating on bf4 it has some issues but its better in every way shape and form from graphics to game-play play lighting guns sound like real guns
  73. Aug 16, 2014
    This game delivered the average single player experience I would have expected from a multiplayer-focused game. Although the game included cutscenes and cheesy dialogue, it was interesting enough to keep playing.
    Beside the game having great looks, this time around you were able to complete the missions without being controlled towards a certain outcome. It felt more like the usual fps shooter - in a good way.
    Still too linear though, and pointless.
  74. Aug 14, 2014
    So if you want a multi-player game with tons of action and decent server population throughout the dutation of the game and then even beyond, Battlefield 4 is the game for you.

Lets not get into that whole bugs issue because thats been covered before extensively. Battlefield 4 is that one game which will keep you occupied climbing a decent Progress Scale regarding player skill,

Battlefield 4 is that one game which will keep you occupied climbing a decent Progress Scale regarding player skill, weapons, weapon unlocks, combat fatigues etc. Coupled with that is the huge fan base on various media which will make you feel like a big part of an even bigger community. That adds to the gaming experience.

Critisisms on map design, under/overpowered weapons, game balance will be there for all games, including this one. But when your money buys you 20 plus months of intense internet multiplayer action, its bearable.

And for me personally, I had only played Battlefield 3 for a couple of hours on a friends PC before I liked it so much that i bought Battlefield 4 when it released.
  75. Aug 12, 2014
    Decent.
    While it's visually stunning and has a lot of content in store it has many HUGE flaws.
    For one, it's basically HALF of a game until you decide to pay for premium (which is 50 euroes I think). Second it has ridiculously slow gridny leveling (and unlocking) forcing you to buy premium (more unlocks) or pay for unlocks (another ~40 euroes). In 6 weeks of playing it I have unlocked
    Decent.
    Second it has ridiculously slow gridny leveling (and unlocking) forcing you to buy premium (more unlocks) or pay for unlocks (another ~40 euroes). In 6 weeks of playing it I have unlocked maybe 1/4 of what it has to offer (or buy).
    Third it's just not really fun. That's the biggest flaw. All the weapons are clones of each other. Maps are boring with map destruction being crap (fun to look at but it's actually a detriment to gameplay).
    Vehicles own everything and there is still no system for assigning them to players, so you have to camp for it and get lucky if you want one.
    Voice acting is surprisingly **** bad. Sound effects are pretty good, and like mentioned above graphics are of the highest possible quality, inducing erection in you for a few weeks until you get used to it.

Nah for me it's a good game ruined by massive greed, just another one to add to EA's **** titles list.
  76. Aug 11, 2014
    The expectations were high, because it looks amazing on the videos. Can my PC handle that game? Well the multiplayer is amazing, but the campaign is something to forget.
  77. Aug 10, 2014
    I'd like to thanks EA for their 7 days trial. Saved me 30 bucks or so !

Bought BF3, got bored in under a week, and wanted to give BF4 a try. Well this is basically BF3.5. Netcode still crap, origin is a total joke, no lobby, as less userfriendly as possible in 2014, "premium" things to buy (read : pay2win), no balance, a nightmare for new players, etc. etc. Thanks EA for yet
    I'd like to thanks EA for their 7 days trial. Saved me 30 bucks or so !

Bought BF3, got bored in under a week, and wanted to give BF4 a try.

Thanks EA for yet another licence you kill. You guys are really good at it !

Thanks programmers for all the fun in BF2, last good game in the franchise. We had a blast. Memories are eternal.
  78. Aug 10, 2014
    Whoever thinks this game is worth something is just and idiot. I had more fun playing big rigs, no joke. Thee single player is short, boring, full of useless cutscenes, u barely have to play. The multiplayer is unbalanced, bugged and designed for 11 y/o kids.
  79. Aug 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just started playing BF4 a few days ago and i can easily say BF4 is the better game. It is not BF 3.5 like some say. It has mayor improvements. It has been fine tuned. Better balance. BF3 had shi** weapon recoil/handling.
    I remember these situation in BF3 where you sneak up on your enemies. Then you go full out, and you can kill maybe 1 of you foes. Realistically you should take down at least three. In BF4 even in standard mode weapons feel more powerful. You can actually saw trough your enemies given the opportunity.
    Also, BF4 feels way more responsive to me. Enemy kill, blood animations are better. Bottom line, the shooting and killing your enemy feels better, rewarding.

Now the big one. The graphics are really on another level. Wow.. the detail, flora etc loke more realistic. It s better to use bushes, plants for cover in BF4 in a relistic way. Good maps for graphics impressions is the Floods map.. the water is Photorealistic. It cant get any better. The water physics. The murkyiness.

Physics, since BF4 uses FB3 engine, the physics are better. Driving is way bettter. I couldn't ask for more from a military game. Shooting at destructable objects with your gun you can feel the difference aleady. Good stuff.
    The interface, Deploy map is way better. Since you have to spend quite some time in weapon customization etc. The menus are better now. In battle interfaces are more minimalistic, better design.

If your system can handle it, BF4 is epic. (BF game played before BF3 premium, BF BC2, and Vietnam)

I give BF 10 rating because it is the best BF, and the best online shooter i have played. (not that its soo perfect or anything)

(I had some lagging issues at the start, but it was my shi** router connection over WiFi. Now i uses cable and ping is better than BF3 even maybe. I have above average ping, but i get 40-60 ping in better servers. I have had no buggs really. So maybe ia am lucky, and also i didn't play it from the release date.)
  80. Aug 7, 2014
    I've not played that game a lot. I've struggling with the netcode issues the whole time. I have to say i never felt so disappointed by a game i had pre-order 4 months in advance. Being a hardcore fan of the franchise i genuinely felt let down by Dice and EA. The biggest surprise i had came from the fact that the netcode was fixed in June. 8 months after the release of the game. You guysI've not played that game a lot. I've struggling with the netcode issues the whole time. I have to say i never felt so disappointed by a game i had pre-order 4 months in advance. Being a hardcore fan of the franchise i genuinely felt let down by Dice and EA. The biggest surprise i had came from the fact that the netcode was fixed in June. 8 months after the release of the game. You guys just lost my respect and i will never buy a BF game ever again. ps: BF4-2 (Counter-Strike HD) Really??? This is your new game? Expand
  81. Aug 4, 2014
    Horrible "netcode" 30hz/10hz even with the CTE 30hz/30hz there are still plenty of wtf moments which lead to hackusations in every match.

DLC campaign obviously more important than fixing the broken mess of crap DICE Sweden created.

The campaign is a boring joke of hearing "RECKER, RECKER" a million times...
  82. Jul 27, 2014
    Держите Дайсы и ЕАсты свою оценку за убогий дизайн карт, за баги, которые до сих пор есть =*
    Лучше BF3 только отсутствием той сраной синевы с чернотой и литров блюра.
  83. Jul 20, 2014
    Overall, I am fairly impressed with the new installment of the BF series, but it just barely makes a 7 out of 10. The game was executed very well, and some of the biggest innovation was to be found in multiplayer, particularly in vehicle combat. But even with some of the changes made, BF4 feels more like a DLC than anything.

Sure, the graphics have been given a bit of a boost, and

Sure, the graphics have been given a bit of a boost, and overall the gameplay feels great, but it doesn't even scratch the surface compared to BF3, when it comes to the campaign. While the campaign was enjoyable, it felt more driven by gameplay, and fast-paced action, rather than story. And, in the end, I couldn't remember anyone's name, or how it even ended. However, I digress, as I know not everyone is quite as into the campaign as I am.

As far as multiplayer goes, I have only a few complaints, the main one is level design. The maps in BF4 are great, but they aren't quite as memorable as some of the maps from BF3, like Caspian Border, and Kharg Island among others. However, others may feel differently, this is my personal opinion, anyway.

Lastly, I feel one of the main problems with the game, even now, is the netcode. I am no expert in netcode, but when 95% of my kills/deaths are due to crossfire, and getting shot around corners, we have a problem. I think this is something that Dice really needs to focus on, as it really is a game-killer.

Overall, I would've given BF4 a higher score, but I am already being pretty generous, considering the fact that EA pushed this game out early, even though it wasn't even finished. And even to this day, it features a wide array of issues, which could have been avoided, given a little bit of extra time.
  84. Jul 18, 2014
    Unplayable multiplayer... which is the only reason to actually buy this game in the first place...therefore a total waste of money. Netcode issues mean you frequently experience awful rubberbanding, one hit kills and most ridiculously of all the total inability to hit enemies.

I loved BF3 so much, I thought this game was going to be great from the beta, suffice to say it broke my heart. £80 down the swanny and not even any fix for the issues 12 months on. Shameful way to treat customers. Never going back to EA/Dice ever again.
  85. Jul 16, 2014
    I think this game is the best multiplayer-FPS on PC in this moment.
    Most of the bugs are gone, you have a lot of maps, weapons, and different way to play it (more less everything you can imagine).
    And the graphics is very good too. Only big problem is that you'll have to buy a Premium subscription sooner or later, so consider it because the total price will be much higher than the
    I think this game is the best multiplayer-FPS on PC in this moment.
    And the graphics is very good too.
    Only big problem is that you'll have to buy a Premium subscription sooner or later, so consider it because the total price will be much higher than the standard version.
  86. Jul 16, 2014
    Bf4 facts after 9 months since release:
    *the bugs still remaings (crash "something went wrong"), crash without reason
    *there are lags every few minutes *huge FPS drops => game is not optimized well *netcode = killing from behind corners is usual thing *guns are bugged as well => one shot kills, etc. *maps are boring => BF3 maps are better *no fun, just crying due to many bugs *no
    Bf4 facts after 9 months since release:
    *the bugs still remaings (crash "something went wrong"), crash without reason
    *there are lags every few minutes
    *huge FPS drops => game is not optimized well
    *netcode = killing from behind corners is usual thing
    *guns are bugged as well => one shot kills, etc.
    *maps are boring => BF3 maps are better
    *no fun, just crying due to many bugs
    *no support from EA, they are just adding new bugs => quality of product is very low
    *ORIGIN IS SPYING ON YOUR ACTIVITY ON WEB AND PROGRAMS (latest news, check Reddit)

There are more cons but those are the biggest one.

1 pros: graphics looks good ;-)

IF YOU ARE NORMAL, DO NOT SUPPORT EA OR DICE IN THEIR LIES AND BAD PRODUCT QUALITY, DO NOT BUY FOLLOWING BATTLEFIELDS, PLAY DIFFERENT, LESS BUGGY GAMES INSTEAD.
  87. Jul 13, 2014
    NOTE: My experience with this game only began AFTER the "net-code patch" that apparently fixed a lot of the issues people were having with it from release-May 2014. Also, my actual score would be a 9, but I am giving it a 10 to try and balance the ridiculous number of "0" ratings on here.

I held off buying BF4 in protest of what I saw as EA and DICE's ruining the series by "call-of-dutifying" the way new installments in the series are handled. However, during the recent sale I made the leap and picked up the base game.

In short, this is everything Battlefield 3 should have been. Despite what people have said about BF4 being rushed out, I believe it is the other way around: This game makes me think that BF3 was rushed to release before it could become the game DICE wanted it to be. That game, in my opinion, is BF4. While many things here do look nearly identical to BF3 at first glance, anyone who has played a good amount of the latter will immediately notice that nearly every feature has been expanded upon and simply made to feel more "complete": Much larger (and better) maps, BC2 style destruction (collapsing buildings are back!), in-game VOIP for squad members, Commander mode, multiple weapon attachments, different classes of jets (stealth fighers vs. attack fighters), the AC-130 incorporated into the base game (awesome, btw), and a much larger assortment of weapons, items, perks, etc - Quite simply this is everything that BF3 was expected to be. Release issues aside, I strongly believe that much of the hate for BF4 can largely be attributed to the fact that BF3 was not yet the "complete" Battlefield game which DICE envisioned.

Fans of Bad Company 2 will be happy to know that the destruction which was so lacking in BF3 is back in full - Buildings can be blown apart in much smaller increments, and once more can collapse entirely if enough damage is done. The maps also have a BC2 flair to them, with many taking place in semi-tropical environments reminiscent of the best Conquest/Rush maps on offer in Bad Company 2 (Isla Innocentes, Laguna Presa anyone?).

In the end, this is still the same Battlefield I know and love, and I am glad I finally let curiosity get the better of me and made the purchase. While BF4 is more refinement over innovation, it is a definite improvement over its predecessor and in my opinion one of if not the best Battlefield game to date.
  88. Jul 13, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is the sequel to the game Battlefield 4 which shook up the FPS genre and made room for competition. Sadly enough Battlefield 4 lacks at certain moments, the singleplayer was made without much thought and contains game-breaking bugs here and there. The multiplayer is OK, but is also buggy, and worse than BF3's multiplayer. I liked the underwater areas in MP though. There is noBattlefield 4 is the sequel to the game Battlefield 4 which shook up the FPS genre and made room for competition. Sadly enough Battlefield 4 lacks at certain moments, the singleplayer was made without much thought and contains game-breaking bugs here and there. The multiplayer is OK, but is also buggy, and worse than BF3's multiplayer. I liked the underwater areas in MP though. There is no obvious graphical inprovement, so you are better off sticking to Battlefield 3. Also, there's no 32bit support for older machines. Expand
  89. Jul 11, 2014
    Most of a year after release:
    1/2 the time, the game crashes as it tries to find a server.
    About 20 minutes before the game crashes WHEN in game It requires dlc and you shall find servers more limited if you don't buy them. Usually no team balancing, so 1/2 the time, servers will be unbalanced in terms of skill and no fun. BUT - when the campaign isn't crashing, it is satisfying
    Most of a year after release:
    1/2 the time, the game crashes as it tries to find a server.
    About 20 minutes before the game crashes WHEN in game

It requires dlc and you shall find servers more limited if you don't buy them.

BUT - when the campaign isn't crashing, it is satisfying (if only that was a larger part of the experience)
  90. Jul 11, 2014
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!
    Single player is soooo generic, but that's not what people buy this for.
    MULTIPLAYER: This is the worst FPS game I have EVER played! Crashes, long load times and, unless you are willing to pay to unlock all the weapons, you will do nothing more than Spawn, Die, [Deploy] and Die again! Constant disconnects and rubber-banding plague this game. Worst £45 I
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!
    Single player is soooo generic, but that's not what people buy this for.
    MULTIPLAYER:
    This is the worst FPS game I have EVER played!
    Constant disconnects and rubber-banding plague this game.

Worst £45 I have spent in recent months, and I bought COD:Ghosts.....
  91. Jul 10, 2014
    I know that the game had huge problems at release, but it looks great at the moment and I would recommend to try it! I think most of the vanila maps are great and with the upcoming CTE changes (Rush rebalance) the game will be even more great!
    Most of the major problems are fixed, people who say they aren't haven't played the game or just want to complain about something...
  92. Jul 7, 2014
    As a gamer I feel ashamed to have contributed to the culture of defective products with a pretty face, BF4 for PS3 crashes randomly over and over, it's frustrating, along with the hit detection working when it pleases, so, this is the last game I ever buy from this franchise.

We should require finished products, not betas and paying insane amount of money for products that are gonna be patched like a crack whore. It should be a fun game, it is not, it is frustrating.
  93. Jul 7, 2014
    The Battlefield franchise has it's ups and downs. In this case, for Battlefield 4 has sure pleased me. Battlefield 4 is a "First Person Shooter (FPS)" and is FILLED with action and pure excitement. I have played this game for around 200 hours and I must say that it is a well-balanced game, but does contain bugs.

When this game first launched in it's Beta, it had uncountable problems.

When this game first launched in it's Beta, it had uncountable problems. Network issues, game issues, absolutely terrible service, and overall a bad experience. Now although DICE, the developers of Battlefield 4, has fixed most of these issues after the initial release of the product, it still contains issues to this day.

DICE is constantly trying to improve, but doesn't allow room for that to happen. Recently, in the upcoming game "Battlefield: Hardline," a new developer team "Visceral" has teamed up with DICE and took control of the new product. They initialized an 'Open Beta' for the game and I got a chance to play it. It is going to be a great game and there were not many bugs, but I will save that review for another time. While DICE is a great team, Visceral beats DICE at least in the support department because they were really open to criticism and suggestions, which DICE is coming shy of.

So while this game has it's ups and downs, I think it does deserve more attention as they are always improving it. I'd suggest it to a friend.
  94. Jul 1, 2014
    Zero stars is too many.

I'm probably old for a gamer having played all the original battlefields up to BF3. I haven't played any since and there was a half off offer on the game so I figured what the hell, lets give it a try. I tried playing the single player missions but found myself getting bored quickly. Fast forward several months. I figure today is the day I'll give the
    Zero stars is too many.

Fast forward several months. I figure today is the day I'll give the multiplayer a shot. After hearing all sorts of issues with the BF4 launch, I hoped by now they could have sorted out the kinks. First of all, to play the game you have to download a huge patch. Then you try and launch the game, but that doesnt work because you have download another stupid patch for the browser. Whoever thought that gamers want to use internet explorer to play your game should be fired. Anyway, I get the browser plugin working and now I'm trying to launch a game - any game. Just to see if this is worth a second more of my time. No you can't launch that game, you need to buy an expansion pack. Oh great - click another server same sh*t.

Keep clicking on servers until I find one that doesn't ask me to buy another expansion pack. 30 seconds later the game launches and I click the spawn button. Three seconds later I'm kicked to desktop with a friendly message: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe. Rinse and repeat this 3 more times. Now lets try googling around to see if there are any answers on how to fix this problem, people are suggesting to disable windows firewall. Ok lets give that a go - oh that didn't work either. Lets try downloading punkbuster directly - why in gods name am I having to download this myself is beyond comprehension for a multimillion dollar blockbuster title like BF4.

Now to recap, this is a game with crap single player (can't say I was surprised), and multiplayer that doesn't even work. So not only was this a ripoff at half off - but at any price.
  95. Jun 30, 2014
    Awesome game, maps are unreal and unmatched. I do miss the Rush of old too. And the pay for unlocks is a big :(
    Still wish they would ditch Battlelog too, I cbf
  96. Jun 28, 2014
    game is no good I go back to COD, how is that a pistol beat a LMG? you have to shot twice a person to kill him with a sniper rifle, and then you have to struggle to get to the next gun and do the same thing as the one before, that not happens in COD, this is a huge disappointment. and for get attachments its up hill with some guns in COD you have coins so you kill people get coins and buygame is no good I go back to COD, how is that a pistol beat a LMG? you have to shot twice a person to kill him with a sniper rifle, and then you have to struggle to get to the next gun and do the same thing as the one before, that not happens in COD, this is a huge disappointment. and for get attachments its up hill with some guns in COD you have coins so you kill people get coins and buy attachments or guns fast is more fun Expand
  97. Jun 27, 2014
    It would be a good game but, the most of the content is only for premiums... or for those that bought the DLCs. So the problem with this game is the publisher: EA ... :P
  98. Jun 26, 2014
    Re writing my review. Many of the bugs are now removed. Unfortunately it still uses Origin which doesn't so I cant give it a higher rating as the game is hampered by the poor delivery method. However, the game now realises the potential of the excellent game engine.

With the full range of DLC the game has a lot more variety and comes into its own. The use of jets is still

The use of jets is still problematic and never really got well integrated into the game and hacking continues to be the greatest problem of the game.

However, a new feature addresses one of the most fundamental problems of the previous game. Hit detection and other issues often referred to as "the crap netcode". While not being a panacea this has certainly helped a lot. There is still a huge amount of hacking and sadly many servers seem to allow it. A more pro active server admin community could have helped to nip this early but generally speaking server admins seem to have been poor caretakers of BF4.

Cheats will always be one step ahead but if you can find a good server and find a way through the mess that is origin to buy the game (or simply get your codes elsewhere and redeem them). Then BF4 is now a mature title that is a must have for any fps fan. There really is nothing like the Frostbyte 2 Engine and even the new hardline doesn't use it nearly so well.

If it wasn't for the problematic Origin then this would be a 10 from me.
  99. Jun 22, 2014
    I bought it at discount from Origin June 2014. The multi-player aspect is really phenomenal. I haven't played the campaign much but it looked more than decent.

I know the game shipped unfinished and Dice lost an opportunity to dazzle and wow players because of it. But the game I started playing is brilliant.
  100. Jun 21, 2014
    Remember how good Battlefield 3 was? me too. Don't get me wrong, if you are looking for your fix of Battlefield or just an FPS in general, Battlefield 4 delivers that experience, very inconsistently.

Still to this day you will join a server on BF4 and there will be players gliding across the screen due to a horrible connection, you will be piling bullets into peoples faces for them just to turn around and drop you like a sack of bricks.

Now EA and DICE have rolled out patch after patch, steadily the game is getting better but still, to be this far into the game and still to have some major problems? that's unacceptable. The one thing you will notice though, is that all of these problems are server based.

If you can get beyond the inconsistencies of the game connection, there is still a lot of fun to be had. The graphics are as usual, brilliant, the audio through-out the game is incredible, seriously, play a game of large conquest with some headphones on, I guarantee you, you may soil yourself. OK maybe not, but you get the jist of it.

I gave Battlefield a 6/10 for a reason. Had I done this review a few months back, the score would of been a lot lower and you could possibly say that I could return to this review in a few months and the game will be worth a higher rating. I seriously doubt you will be disappointed if you are a Battlefield fan and you have yet to pick this up, the game still give you hours of entertainment, even more if you get a group of friends on.

Just beware of those damn servers.
  101. Oct 29, 2013
    For players looking for Rush gameplay, this BF4 is a sore disappointment. The problem are the maps, seeming more like the Armored Kill and End Game maps. There are no maps like Grand Bazar, Seine or Aftermath.

There are serious problems with the spawn on the defensive team of a few maps, resulting in many instant kills after spawn. The unlocking of several weapons is locked to

The unlocking of several weapons is locked to completing the camping. Since the campaign is very weak and boring, this is a problem for the multi player component.

Levelution is just PR. It is just a change in the map, more aesthetic than anything else, that little affects the tactics.

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Battlefield 4 could just as well be called Battlefield 3.5. The new Battlefield features are only marginal improvements over Battlefield 3, but even as such it leaves the competitors way behind. Hopefully the bugs will be squashed soon. [Nov 2013]
  2. Jan 13, 2014
    Even if multiplayer wasn't buggy, Battlefield 4 would still only be a barely passable installment in all respects besides the snazzy graphics. EA and DICE played it safe by providing the same thing they did the last time around, with another phoned-in campaign and only minor alterations to the online.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Battlefield 4 keeps soldiering on in the same footsteps as previous games in the series. The lack of worthwhile news makes you wish for more. Dice stays in its comfort zone calls for explosions and not much more. The series needs to evolve or fade out.