5.9

1. Dec 20, 2014
    It's sad how this fantastic game gets bad reviews. The community here is full of haters who don't know their game and keep claiming that every BF game after BF2 is bad.

BF4 filled all the missing features of 3, but is "bad because of bugs". BF3 is bad because it lacked all the features of the previous BFs. BFBC2 is golden and better than 1943, but worse than BFBC1. BFBC1 is bad

BF4 filled all the missing features of 3, but is "bad because of bugs".
    BF3 is bad because it lacked all the features of the previous BFs.
    BFBC2 is golden and better than 1943, but worse than BFBC1.
    BFBC1 is bad because it's only for consoles.
    BF2142 isn't as good as 2.
    BF2 is the best BF.
    Seriously, this is ridiculous. I will go as far as saying BF4 is the best BF yet, as it is currently clean of bugs, but still receiving updates for balancing issues, which are mostly fixed now. BF4 was, at the start, completely unplayable, but is now 100% functioning, and now they've balanced out the weapons and vehicles, and this is all because of a hard-working team called DICE LA-they're in fact the most supportive/active developers I've ever seen. In fact, if I read a new forum post or watch a new Lvlcap video about balancing issues, a week later, DICE LA has fixed it in the newest update, which makes me think that they check absolutely every corner of BF4 hate on the internet. They really do their job well and are saving BF4 from being a buggy unbalanced disaster
    Sure, BF4 has had the worst launch of any BF game, but it sure is one of the best multiplayer FPS out there now (If not THE best). It's a game that improved on everything amazing BF3 did wrong, and sure put every CoD game ever made to shame.
  2. Dec 17, 2014
    Yes there were a few bugs but it's still the best online shooter imho. I played for 400 hours so far and I've not played since a year (too busy). I'm looking forward playing all the DLCs released since ! There is no other game that enjoy as much as this game, it's really addictive and you can find a clan, it gets better ! Why ? the graphics are superb, the immersion is total, the gameplayYes there were a few bugs but it's still the best online shooter imho. I played for 400 hours so far and I've not played since a year (too busy). I'm looking forward playing all the DLCs released since ! There is no other game that enjoy as much as this game, it's really addictive and you can find a clan, it gets better ! Why ? the graphics are superb, the immersion is total, the gameplay is perfect (it's hard and rewarding). Expand
  3. Dec 14, 2014
    Campaign: Nice but completely unecessary add-on for BF4. In every location you have to kill every enemy just to move forward. This make this game campaign almost unplayable, i was discusted after 2 missions. No More of BF single-players please.
  4. Dec 13, 2014
    This took what battlefield 3 did and made it SOOOOOO MUCH WORSE!!!! The counter-knife system is a thorn in my side, its rediculous and if they wanted to go that route, have a qte to try to make it a struggle, not just a reversal... Its a joke. On top of that it takes far too many anti-vehicle weapons to kill a tank, around 5, more if they are repairing. You only carry 5, so without aThis took what battlefield 3 did and made it SOOOOOO MUCH WORSE!!!! The counter-knife system is a thorn in my side, its rediculous and if they wanted to go that route, have a qte to try to make it a struggle, not just a reversal... Its a joke. On top of that it takes far too many anti-vehicle weapons to kill a tank, around 5, more if they are repairing. You only carry 5, so without a support, you wont do jack... The map design is terrible, as well. Has some neat little features but its still a bad design. Rush mode is still as bad as it was in bf3... They took a mode that was fun and great in bad company 2 and completely screwed it up. Having to unlock guns and accessories makes the game very unfriendly towards newbies, even veterans of the battlefield franchise. The premium edition... dont get me started... You pay extra for perks like... moving to the front of the queue, for full servers... Its a slap in the face to gamers everywhere. This game is a joke, ever since they codified it they killed off the fun factor of the game... They need to go back to the old system and remake bf2 and 2142 with better graphics, but the same gameplay as before... Too bad, this game should be great, looks great, but the mechanics are just terrible... Expand
  5. Dec 11, 2014
    DICE stuck to their roots with Battlefield 4. The game felt like a pretty fresh experience, at least for an FPS, that was until I realised how unfinished the game is.

First, this game is flawed. The gameplay is good, the maps are very hit and miss, but generally very enjoyable and the graphics are very nice. However, DICE have thrown the game out into the public with a lot of broken strings that, even after 14 months after release, still haven't bothered to fix. Instead, they decide to waste time whining on how EA robbed them while releasing mediocre DLC's that most people do not care for. This game is technically good and my negative views on it may be seen as nit-picking, but trust me, it is not. Many times I have had to give up playing due to problems that have overly complicated fixes that numerous purchasers have become victim to.

Despite this, the game is pretty much everything it looks on the outside. Its your typical addicting, eye candy military shooter. I admit that I didn't play the campaign but after Battlefield 3 it was clear where the ambition was, which is the multiplayer. If you know anything about modern FPS game's you probably know how the successful Battlefield formula works. Each map has typically about 32 to 64 slots, depending on the gamemode. The most popular gamemode is the conquest gamemode where two opposing sides must hold as different points of the map as they can to decrease the amount of tickets lost, the first team to reach 0 tickets loses. The maps are large and look stunning. As previously mentioned the map designs are very hit and miss. Some maps are very well designed, such as the brilliant Siege of Shanghai, a typical city map separated by the incredibly large and well designed skyscraper in the middle. This maps standouts out as it accomplishes the feeling of challenge when trying to capture or defend each point, all of which are very well designed. However, even this map if flawed after the skycraper falls as a 'levelution' which definitely was a poor design choice. The desert/warehouse setting of Zavod is also an excellent map which held some of my most intense and fondest moments of playing these games. These aside, BF4 suffers from a lot of poor map design, ranging from the messy and incomplete Hainan Resort to the claustrophobic and dull Operation Locker. The maps really don't balance out and the brilliant maps do not make up for the embarrassingly shocking ones.

The new content is also limited. Not much feels new, this may be a bit unfair since I did not play Battlefield 3 that much, but I felt as though I wasn't getting my $90 worth playing it. This point feels a bit unfair as it's pretty much what's expected for a sequel to a successful multiplayer FPS but its jump from its predecessor feels small compared to what BF3 did from BF2.

As negative as this review may feel, I actually had quite a blast playing this game. It definitely won't a game I see myself coming back to in the near future but it served it purpose well in delivery a fast paced, gorgeous FPS that I can see fans enjoying. For me however, the games bugs and numerous problems make the game more frustrating than it should be.
  6. Dec 10, 2014
    Battlefield takes the crown as the worst multiplayer FPS I've ever played.
    Netcode is absolutely abysmal, the bullets seem to travel through time, you can often feel like you got killed before your enemy even saw you. and the gameplay is terrible, the whole thing looks like rabbits running and hoping around with guns.
  7. Dec 7, 2014
    BF4 is basically a patch for the previous game - nothing innovative here. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 8/10 - excellent as before, even on low-end rigs
    2. Gameplay: 7/10 - great controls and satisfying experience with good sound effects
    3. Story: 2/10 - not interesting or engaging at all
    4. Multiplayer: 2/10 - stuttering, lag, and crashes

Overall, average game.
  8. Dec 6, 2014
    No Capture the Flag mode by default :( Only with paid DLC can you get Capture the Flag, and this is the most fun mode in my opinion. Good game, taxing on computer so is a little laggy. In general, hard game I die quite a bit. Hard to get into on multiplayer, bleh will move to Guild Wars 2
  9. Dec 5, 2014
    Pros:
    Pros:
    As of Dec '14, BF4 is mostly playable. Tickrate is low and there's still remnant bugs, but that's to be expected in ambitious titles like these. Undoubtedly this game has the best sound design in the gaming industry; props to DICE for hiring great sound engineers. Sound is 50% of a game and not many developers realize that. Overall, I think DICE found sweet spot between military-sim Arma and CoD.

Cons:
    Rocky launch probably drove away lots of paying customers. Major issues took way too long to fix. Vehicles feel a tad too arcadey.
  10. Nov 28, 2014
    buyer beware possibly the worst FPS game of all time this game single handly ruined battlefield franchise don't believe the hype Ea pays for reviews.This should have been a DLC of battlefield 3 its a copy paste of it highly regret buying.
  11. Nov 26, 2014
    You could say this in many different ways, but the simplest is this. The game does not work. Even after a year of patches, its a horrible, frustrating mess. It looks pretty, but the quality is nowhere near robust or fast enough for a satisfying FPS experience. It was never finished, and DICE have now lost interest and moved onto Battlefield Hardline. Please do yourself a favour aYou could say this in many different ways, but the simplest is this. The game does not work. Even after a year of patches, its a horrible, frustrating mess. It looks pretty, but the quality is nowhere near robust or fast enough for a satisfying FPS experience. It was never finished, and DICE have now lost interest and moved onto Battlefield Hardline. Please do yourself a favour a steer clear of this game. Expand
  12. Nov 21, 2014
    This is a very good game, just don't bother with any of the expansions/dlcs which no one plays 1-2 months after release. If you only want to play Conquest mode on the stock maps then go ahead and get this game, though 1-2 years from now (fall 2014) you will only be able to find a dozen servers running.
  13. Nov 20, 2014
    This game is not the game we expected. Sure it has its strengths in multiplayer but its single player campaign was just utterly disappointing. I didn't think they could actually make something worse in this game than its predecessor. The best part about the campaign was the hit markers and scoring. This at least gave it an arcade style feel to a campaign which wasn't even worth playing. ItThis game is not the game we expected. Sure it has its strengths in multiplayer but its single player campaign was just utterly disappointing. I didn't think they could actually make something worse in this game than its predecessor. The best part about the campaign was the hit markers and scoring. This at least gave it an arcade style feel to a campaign which wasn't even worth playing. It was bearable by all means but compared to BF3 or even Call of Duty, it falls horribly short. I found myself pushing my way through it just for the gamerscore. Moving on, the multiplayer was a big improvement. Not huge - but big enough to give it a new feel. The larger, more open maps made the game better. The weapons and customization options were pretty good but it still feels the same. The gameplay didn't take too much of a step forward. Still, overall its a fun game and people should still be playing it a lot for now. Expand
  14. Nov 14, 2014
    Alright so I've played this game over half a year now and I'd like to share my pro's and con's with you.
    (Based on bf3 and bfbc2)
    Pro's: Improved graphical fidelity More destructive terrain More weapon customisation Cool phantom achivements Improved movement on foot Faster combat Lot's of game modes Con's : Vehicle spam on most maps in conquest Ctf,sqd,tdm are dead game modes
    (Based on bf3 and bfbc2)
    Improved movement on foot
    Faster combat
    Lot's of game modes

Con's :
    Vehicle spam on most maps in conquest
    Ctf,sqd,tdm are dead game modes
    Ground suppression is way too high
    Ballistic shield and other gadgets are really weak
    Vehicle collision is really really bad
  15. Nov 12, 2014
    Tanks that can't shoot fast enough or withstand hits, no clear direction and an aim assist that must be an inside joke with developers. Disappointing as usual. Call of Duty makes this game look like it was developed by stupid apes with no concept of fun. Borrow it to see how bad it is but don't waste a dime on it. Contrasted with the simple easy play of Call of Duty I would say this gameTanks that can't shoot fast enough or withstand hits, no clear direction and an aim assist that must be an inside joke with developers. Disappointing as usual. Call of Duty makes this game look like it was developed by stupid apes with no concept of fun. Borrow it to see how bad it is but don't waste a dime on it. Contrasted with the simple easy play of Call of Duty I would say this game is a definite exercise in WTF game design. It is as if the intentionally made it unfun. Note to game designers: try to remember what fun is like, then make a game with that in mind. Expand
  16. Nov 11, 2014
    Gameplay (of 10) : 8
    Story (of 10) : 6
    Graphic (of 10) : 9
    Sound (of 10) : 8

Total : 7.6 / 10

Total score is weighted average of four factors, respectively Gameplay, Story, Graphic, Sound.
  17. Nov 10, 2014
    AWESOME Graphics. short but good singleplayer. multiplayer is awesome. controls are VERY responsive ! and the gameplay feels like your really there but there's few problems also. glitches and A LOT of time waiting for a loading screen. anooying but i can forgive
  18. Nov 10, 2014
    Great multiplayer. Poor Short campaign. Stunning visuals and graphic. The sound is great and realistic. You can experience huge battles in great BF multiplayer. the biggest problem of the game is bug.
  19. Nov 7, 2014
    Revising my initial review after the latest patch. The movement and weapon handling are much better. Still issues with hit reg but not nearly as bad.

The maps are probably the biggest issue for me, they just don't flow as well as previous games. However BF4 is a good game in many ways. Suggestions for future releases: 1. Have a core collection of maps that are always available,

Suggestions for future releases:
    1. Have a core collection of maps that are always available, community favourites.
    2. Allow the music to be turned off please! It's depressing.
  20. Nov 6, 2014
    I have been playing this game for 5 hours. The game is extremely unfriendly for new players in multiplayer getting constantly killed each time you spawn. Moreover, I can not see any significant improvements since BF3. For that reason, I fully agree with other reviews that this game should be released as a DLC for BF3 or just named BF 3.5.
    p.s. I just bought this game only because of
    p.s. I just bought this game only because of commander mode. However, I need to achieve level 10 to unlock this feature. It's a torture for me.
  21. Nov 1, 2014
    I created a profile just to review this game. I doubt this review will be read, but honestly writing it just feels like the right thing to do in case I can save anyone out there hard earned money.

Just know that yes, this is a pretty good game. I do not have the experience with the series that many do have, but to me the game is pretty to look at, has great shooting and driving mechanics, and a fantastically grandiose setting. However, I do not feel that I can give the game anything other than a zero because for me it is simply not playable at any graphics settings.

I want to like this game because of the huge spectacular battles. The destructible environments and large maps really provide great eye candy. However, if you are playing on a large server and actually want to join the fray, you will quickly find yourself getting stuck in place repeatedly (rubber banding), and the game will basically become your own personal suicide simulator 2014. These issues are further exacerbated when you are in the middle of a firefight; however they remain if you are far away from the fighting.

I initially believed that this was simply due to my computer or internet for whatever reason, but a quick internet search will immediately show that not only are my issues not an isolated incident but also that they have been in existence and unsolved for over a year now. Many generous individuals have provided possible fixes online, but none of them have worked for me.

If you think you are better at solving computer issues than me, you may very well be correct. Just know that I have spent more hours trying to fix this game than actually playing it (if you could call it that.) I have tried everything from installing on an ssd to smart port forwarding. But still even when I have extremely low ping and join a local server with low ping, I find myself glitching my way across the map like an idiot.

If you buy this game, know the risk you are taking. It simply doesn't work for many people such as myself. You will get a lot of people on these review sites denying that this is even happening, but even Dice has admitted there is a problem.

If you think I am full of it it is your right to have that opinion, and I will defend that right with my life. But it is your hard earned money on the line. And speaking of money, the DLC for this game is out of control. If you want to be able to play any map on any server you will have to spend $70 (in my location). When the game is on sale. For a game that is a year old. For a game that does not work.

Note: I was around for the release of Rome 2, and I never considered even that game "unplayable" if you need some kind of scale to understand how broken this game is to me.
  22. Oct 26, 2014
    It's probably for the best, then, that Battlefield 4 Can Deliver The Multiplayer experiences available but, at this point, there's not much left to improve upon without taking some genuine risks for the sake of innovation. DICE is hitting diminishing returns and I'm curious to see where the series goes from here.

For the time being, however, this approach works -- Battlefield 4's is

For the time being, however, this approach works -- Battlefield 4's is strong enough to carry it. The single-player campaign isn't nearly the waste of time that it was in the last game, though it still ends up being an unnecessary inclusion. One can't help but wonder how much better Battlefield would be if DICE quit striving for back-of-the-box feature parity and concentrated its efforts entirely on Multiplayer. I hope that day comes again. But It Could Be Better When EA Not Forced DICE to Launch Early To Beat COD
  23. Oct 20, 2014
    The game sadly still has problems after just over a year of release. It looks great and when its actually playable (when bugs dont crash your system) its really enjoyable. Sadly EA forced Dice to release BF4, something damaging to the next releases for the series. Care for your customer first then profits.
  24. Oct 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I originally reviewed favorably when this game came out. However, after a year before they finally fixed the bugs, that was a premature review. I really thought they would have been more diligent in the fixes. As well, since the Expansions are all forced on you and no permission for open modding was ever implemented, I have to revise my original review.
    The expansions are more apt to lag and experience tech problems
    Other Cons are Spawning Locations, Melee Takedowns/Counters, OP Armor/Air, Small squad sizes and limited commander functions/communications and most of all, the Game Modes. In Regular, their is no Friendly Fire, and in Hardcore, the game is unplayable on the expansive maps thanks to snipers being so OP. If you set a server to Custom to tailor the game to your liking, it becomes unplayable due to lag. If you have a Ranked server, you will not populate as fast as an Official server, but if you are an Official server you cannot Admin to maintain fair play or customize a map rotation. Unfortunately, none of these issues were ever addressed or fixed.
  25. Oct 8, 2014
    Where to start... I'll start with the good features of battlefield: 64 player multi-player, good weapon customization, and platoon based clans / large player grouped communities.

Here is what they got wrong: They pushed the game out in an unfinished state back in October of 2013; ever since then it's just been one giant beta test (funny story, they already did a beta test before releasing the game) to try to get the game in somewhat decent condition. It's been a full year now since the release of the game, and they managed to fix "some" of the bugs and glitches. (For some reason, they also had their Battlepack micro transactions perfectly intact during launch, but the game was broken). The single player campaign is a joke, as it's only purpose is showing off the features of the game's features and capabilities, rather than gameplay. A great example of this is with the 3rd mission "South China Sea", you enter the remains of an aircraft carrier to find a data stick. during the mission, you have to go under water to get to another area of the mission. This segment had no effect on the gameplay or story, but only served to show off the underwater physics and effects. As of October 8th, 2014, they have release nearly all of their dlc; so I might as well review those pieces of content as well.

China Rising: This dlc is OK, as it provided maps that appealed to all the classes in the game. However, the "Levelutions" are missing from these maps; they either rushed this expansion out as well, or decided that levelution was just to much for the engine of the game (or to much of a gimmick for anyone to care about).

Second Assault: This is basically a couple of maps from Battlefield 3 that they implemented into Battlefield 4. This map pack is actually pretty good as it added weather "levelutions" to some of the maps and improved on the already well known maps.

Navel Strike: oh my god; what didn't they mess up on this map pack (this is where I started to really have problems with their game). First of all, the weapons in this expansion are either over powered (AWS, AR160), ore are the weakest, most worthless guns in the game (SR338, SW40). Textures would start rendering as i played (on all their maps including vanilla maps), and for some stupid reason, my FPS was throttled down during gameplay (unless i restarted my PC every time I wanted to play BF4). These aren't the only issues I had with this expansion pack; the map designs sound cool (with island warfare and attack boats ), but fails in gameplay. Traversing the maps are a chore if you don't have a boat or an air craft. objectives are easy to hold once you clear the island of enemy players (cause boats and choppers are sky-lined in the big empty water). Also this expansion had the BIG reveal of the mystic Megaladon; honestly, they put more work into a prehistoric shark, than they did fixing their own game.... let that sink in...

Dragon's Teeth: Same as China Rising, but with levelutions.. so it's an OK expansion.

Conclusion: Do I want to play a game that requires me to restart my computer in order to get maximum performance?

Do I want to play a game where the developers put more effort into Easter Eggs and forum events than fixing the game?

Do I want to play a game that's still in beta testing (yes it's still in beta testing, it's called Battlefield CTE. CTE = Community, TEST, Environment)?

The answer is no. I did have high hopes for this game, I really did. However, this game ultimately failed to deliver. DICE should be ashamed of themselves for: 1.) releasing the game in a broken state. 2.) failing to fix the game in a timely manner. For me, Battlefield 4 ruined the reputation of DICE as a development team. I'm sorry DICE, but i'll never play one of your games again, not after what I experienced with BF4.
  26. Oct 5, 2014
    The game is finally fixed. Ignore the reviews saying it is broken, it now all works. My only complaint is that rush was my favourite game mode in BF3 but I just don't like it on BF4. The maps just aren't right for it.
  27. Oct 4, 2014
    I am very disappointing about this game. The game looks like BF3, hasn't killer-features and has a big balance problem. This game was the worst experience with a BF game.
  28. Sep 29, 2014
    This game is just a cheap copy of BF3. Everything they changed got worse. BF3 had great maps for all types of game modes but the BF4 maps are really bad and you can only play conquest. It's impossible to play rush in BF4. The unlocking system is really bad in BF4. Engineer became a terrible class, especially because the first weapon is just awful. Levolution is just an eye candy forThis game is just a cheap copy of BF3. Everything they changed got worse. BF3 had great maps for all types of game modes but the BF4 maps are really bad and you can only play conquest. It's impossible to play rush in BF4. The unlocking system is really bad in BF4. Engineer became a terrible class, especially because the first weapon is just awful. Levolution is just an eye candy for trailers, after a few hours of playing you don't really notice the "dynamic elements" anymore. Graphics improved slightly but the hardware requirements got a lot higher too. If your PC can run BF3 without any problems you shouldn't think it can run BF4 too. The netcode got even worse than in BF3. You have to play the sp to unlock some of the weapons, which wouldn't be so bad if the developers could program properly. Sometimes the story just doesn't continue and you have to restart the game, sometimes you fall through the ground. It's programmed so badly it's even a pain to start the game because it keeps crashing. I blame EA because they wanted to release to game so early to make some more money. Expand
  29. Sep 27, 2014
    Best FPS ever atm.

Have many issues but there is no better one to counter it.

My main problem with this game that their development is going towards COD.
    ANd thats not good sign.
    They try to take COD market while ignoring their fanbase.
  30. Sep 23, 2014
    On PC, the game is really beautiful!

The bug is corrected , and it became a pleasure to play ! The " evolution " is really well done

And is game immersive and very fun
  31. Sep 22, 2014
    Coming from a long time Battlefield player, simply put, this is the best Battlefield ever made. It had a rough start because of crashing issues, but the actual game play is flat amazing. At this point you can ignore all of the early negativity because it doesn't apply anymore anyway. If you're a battlefield fan on the fence about getting this, its easily worth it. Great game.
  32. Sep 21, 2014
    While the addition of Commander Mode is a step in the right direction, BF4 really does feel like just a BF3.5. Making soldiers generalists instead of specialists is the recurring trend here with each Battlefield release. Also you have to purchase Premium which is $140 all up (when you include the base game) if you don't want to feel like a second-class citizen. The game is also the worstWhile the addition of Commander Mode is a step in the right direction, BF4 really does feel like just a BF3.5. Making soldiers generalists instead of specialists is the recurring trend here with each Battlefield release. Also you have to purchase Premium which is $140 all up (when you include the base game) if you don't want to feel like a second-class citizen. The game is also the worst launch of a Battlefield game to date, at least speaking from personal experience. Expand
  33. Sep 17, 2014
    As a huge fan of this game in my original review I scored this 9/10. I have had to drop this to a 5/10 as for me since the june update this is now unplayable. Please avoid this game until the issues are fixed or you own some uber pc from the future and have a net connection that rivals TV network station. (SP excluded)
  34. Sep 13, 2014
    Is this a joke? Just only big joke. Totally disaster, i like to see little developing not just graphics. Battlefield 2 was a game and i wait it a lot next ones but next ones was only disappointments, just a big jokes with nothing to do good fbs.
  35. Sep 9, 2014
    Having played around 250 hours of BF4 multiplayer, I feel I have a good view of the game.

The Pros: Good choice of weapons Ability to use DMR/Shotgun/Carbine for any class Good graphics decent load times Large maps Large map choices The Cons: Netcode is still messed up Some weapons are overpowered. Plenty of bugs even after a year. Now, I only play Hardcore so I can't

The Pros:
    Good choice of weapons
    Ability to use DMR/Shotgun/Carbine for any class
    Good graphics
    decent load times
    Large maps
    Large map choices

The Cons:
    Netcode is still messed up
    Some weapons are overpowered.
    Plenty of bugs even after a year.

Now, I only play Hardcore so I can't really comment too much on the Normal version. but I feel that Battlefield 4 is a great first person shooter, that falls a bit short in some areas. Compared to its predecessor, BF3, Battlefield 4 doesn't stand out.
  36. Sep 7, 2014
    With Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, it's not a surprise to say I had high expectations for BF4. The game has thoroughly disappointed me in every aspect, even the graphics. The game exchanges the gritty, lifelike textures of Battlefield 3 for a cartoon like feel and more detail. The singleplayer was, quite literally, the worst storyline and experience I've had in a FPS. The multiplayerWith Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, it's not a surprise to say I had high expectations for BF4. The game has thoroughly disappointed me in every aspect, even the graphics. The game exchanges the gritty, lifelike textures of Battlefield 3 for a cartoon like feel and more detail. The singleplayer was, quite literally, the worst storyline and experience I've had in a FPS. The multiplayer has map designs that frankly made me wonder if the map designers at DICE were replaced by mentally challenged monkeys for this specific game. The netcode has been, and continues to be, a nightmare that's been unprecedented, not to mention the incredibly crappy balance and spawns. Congratulations, DICE, for making perhaps one of the worst games of the current console generation, and easily the worst Battlefield ever produced. I don't know why people say Hardline isn't fit for the battlefield name and reputation, when it's so obviously this one. Expand
  37. Sep 5, 2014
    The game in theory is good, but the execution, and follow through is horrible. They promised the universe and gave us a rock. The multiplayer is what 99% of the people buy the game for and it's impossible to play competitively. If you're playing around with some friends then it can be fun but serious gamers need to run away.
    This will be my last game from DICE. They said they would fix
    This will be my last game from DICE. They said they would fix the "netcode" twice now and still horrible. Games from the 90s have better tic rate than this game. 10 tic rate is laughable. Along with the overkill sun glare that blinds you half the game. I would love to have my money back since I paid for a full game and got a broken one instead.
  38. Aug 25, 2014
    I'm reviewing the SP portion here:
    I wasn't expecting much of the game and now that it's finally available for only 20 bucks (unless you want to get the Deluxe Premium whatever edition) I checked out a Gameplay vid and was like: yea, looks nice, let's give it a shot.
    I'm reviewing the SP portion here:

Now - the first 15 minutes of the game look quite promising and atmospheric, and then it starts to get really cheap. And it only gets worse and somewhere along the line you wonder if they simply stopped the SP guys from blowing money on it because most of their money comes from MP DLCs anyway.

Besides that the story is really dull, wasn't expecting much anyway, they really didn't care this time around (compared to BF3) to setup a campaign that is satisfying.
    To me it looks like they started trying to make something nice, and then their budget was cut and they came up with half-assed action sequences... and not even that - you are left to imagine that something fancy just happened because animating the destruction of a dam/ship was too expensive so they just let your character black out.
  39. Aug 24, 2014
    I still remember the old BF1942 that used to actually be fun. Everytime I try to get into this game I just end up closing it. The maps suck and I just dont like it. Please make a game that is fun like in the old days.
  40. Aug 23, 2014
    The only good thing about this game is it's graphics. And graphics counts for nothing if the single player is horrible and the multiplayer is broken and unplayable.
  41. Aug 23, 2014
    The game looks and sounds very good especially now with 3d vision. But it is simply unplayable i played about 3 hours an it crashed 8 times. I considered buying cause i enjoyed BF2:BC2 and BF3 but it's not playable. Generally games don't crash on my PC i can't remember when i had the last crash. Even if they do, they crash once in 10 hours not every 10 minutes.
  42. Aug 22, 2014
    I gave this game a 6 in comparison to BF3. The nice thing about this game is that players now have the option of spectating games that allows them to observe suspicious players. People no longer have to wonder who is hacking... It actually shocked me that I have discovered servers that I performed extremely poor on had almost nothing but hackers with modified skins and movementsI gave this game a 6 in comparison to BF3. The nice thing about this game is that players now have the option of spectating games that allows them to observe suspicious players. People no longer have to wonder who is hacking... It actually shocked me that I have discovered servers that I performed extremely poor on had almost nothing but hackers with modified skins and movements uncharacteristic to normal play. They can also now be aware when they are being observed and they will literally sit still... which in the least part is a heck of a way to grief cheaters trying to hide their cheats.

They also added what I nearly forgot existed all the way back from Battlefield 2142 the Commander slot in battles. Commanders can be devastating for matches yet very few want to play the role as it is not exactly exciting when most people do not follow orders... but one can progress in rank quick from being a Commander. It sure does suck when your opposing team has an Commander and the other team doesn't; the Commander's team usually wins...

One thing I did not like in this game was the new vehicle set-up. Jets seemingly lose control when I start firing; they simply stall out in the air and I lose my positioning for a kill. Manipulating the throttle to increase turning speed has been significantly gimped; when the throttle over exerted the plane literally stops turning entirely as if it lost all of it's wind. They also put in several different types of Guns for the jet and it makes spotting cheaters damn near impossible when the 30 mm cannon naturally does too much damage. The Miniguns on the Transport Heli no longer harm Tanks; as if they really did any serious damage in BF3. They are now good for killing soldiers and eventually bringing down other flying vehicles.

All in All BF2 is still the best game. They do too much with this franchise and it has now become exclusively all about the money and it really irritates me that they have already created Battlefield Hardline.

This may be the official last Battlefield Game I ever buy... purely for the fact that they keep rebuilding the beast... if they want to go this far then they should just make it a P2P MMO.

When I look at it statistically, this game comes out at about $70 retail and then people wind up paying another $100 for all the: expansions, Weapon Kit Shortcuts and Premium status; the shortcut kits have been designed to be more useful in such a way because items are practically random now from the suitcase bundles...

They've already duped us into paying $15/month to play this game without them being held accountable for all of the Hackers running Injectable code cheats in this game.

Look at the release date, this game isn't even a year old yet and it's already being phased out by Battlefield Hardline; which is a whole new kind of garbage...

Talk about encouraging the existence of a Police State and Criminals with Guerrilla Military style weapons. It's just not right to advocate the killing of Police...ever...
  43. Aug 21, 2014
    I was a huge fan of Bad Company and BF3, but this is like finding out you have herpes on your 21st birthday. I've never been so disappointed in a franchise than BF4. Why companies feel the need to completely muck everything up between versions is beyond me, but I guess when you make Helen Keller the lead game director you wind up with BF4. I never thought I'd veer off the path, but dare II was a huge fan of Bad Company and BF3, but this is like finding out you have herpes on your 21st birthday. I've never been so disappointed in a franchise than BF4. Why companies feel the need to completely muck everything up between versions is beyond me, but I guess when you make Helen Keller the lead game director you wind up with BF4. I never thought I'd veer off the path, but dare I say I'll be entertaining other FPS's before the next release of this heap. EA if you're reading this, I've never asked for my money back, but there's a first time for everything. Expand
  44. Aug 20, 2014
    This game was broken when it was first released. But now the netcode has been fixed so that hits register faster. It's starting to feel almost as smooth as CoD games when it comes to shooting. But better than CoD, on conquest this game is huge and relies on teamwork to win. There are tons of vehicles and a balanced team is really importance. But you can still play small infantry only mapsThis game was broken when it was first released. But now the netcode has been fixed so that hits register faster. It's starting to feel almost as smooth as CoD games when it comes to shooting. But better than CoD, on conquest this game is huge and relies on teamwork to win. There are tons of vehicles and a balanced team is really importance. But you can still play small infantry only maps and those are still fun. Play with five of your friends in a squad and there's no better gaming experience.

But they really needed specific maps for Rush. It's so unbalanced, offense usually has no chance. Rush mode on BF3 was good, and Rush on BC2 was near perfect. Considering that Rush is my favorite mode, I was really disappointed.

Overall, still a good game
  45. Aug 20, 2014
    I've been playing Battlefield series since Battlefield 1942, I really like the first 5 or 6 games of this trademark but Battlefield 4 is an absolute disgrace. I bought the game and premium and almost 1 year in it's still full of errors, bugs, glitches and performance problems. Dice tries real hard to keep this game as a failure. Even with all these problems the game has they start to workI've been playing Battlefield series since Battlefield 1942, I really like the first 5 or 6 games of this trademark but Battlefield 4 is an absolute disgrace. I bought the game and premium and almost 1 year in it's still full of errors, bugs, glitches and performance problems. Dice tries real hard to keep this game as a failure. Even with all these problems the game has they start to work on an another Battlefield title instead of fixing the latest. Congratulations Dice, you have ruined a great series. Expand
  46. Aug 18, 2014
    i dont get why people are hating on bf4 it has some issues but its better in every way shape and form from graphics to game-play play lighting guns sound like real guns
  47. Aug 16, 2014
    This game delivered the average single player experience I would have expected from a multiplayer-focused game. Although the game included cutscenes and cheesy dialogue, it was interesting enough to keep playing.
    Beside the game having great looks, this time around you were able to complete the missions without being controlled towards a certain outcome. It felt more like the usual fps shooter - in a good way.
    Still too linear though, and pointless.
  48. Aug 14, 2014
    So if you want a multi-player game with tons of action and decent server population throughout the dutation of the game and then even beyond, Battlefield 4 is the game for you.

Lets not get into that whole bugs issue because thats been covered before extensively. Battlefield 4 is that one game which will keep you occupied climbing a decent Progress Scale regarding player skill,

Battlefield 4 is that one game which will keep you occupied climbing a decent Progress Scale regarding player skill, weapons, weapon unlocks, combat fatigues etc. Coupled with that is the huge fan base on various media which will make you feel like a big part of an even bigger community. That adds to the gaming experience.

Critisisms on map design, under/overpowered weapons, game balance will be there for all games, including this one. But when your money buys you 20 plus months of intense internet multiplayer action, its bearable.

And for me personally, I had only played Battlefield 3 for a couple of hours on a friends PC before I liked it so much that i bought Battlefield 4 when it released.
  49. Aug 12, 2014
    Decent.
    While it's visually stunning and has a lot of content in store it has many HUGE flaws.
    For one, it's basically HALF of a game until you decide to pay for premium (which is 50 euroes I think). Second it has ridiculously slow gridny leveling (and unlocking) forcing you to buy premium (more unlocks) or pay for unlocks (another ~40 euroes). In 6 weeks of playing it I have unlocked
    Decent.
    Second it has ridiculously slow gridny leveling (and unlocking) forcing you to buy premium (more unlocks) or pay for unlocks (another ~40 euroes). In 6 weeks of playing it I have unlocked maybe 1/4 of what it has to offer (or buy).
    Third it's just not really fun. That's the biggest flaw. All the weapons are clones of each other. Maps are boring with map destruction being crap (fun to look at but it's actually a detriment to gameplay).
    Vehicles own everything and there is still no system for assigning them to players, so you have to camp for it and get lucky if you want one.
    Voice acting is surprisingly **** bad. Sound effects are pretty good, and like mentioned above graphics are of the highest possible quality, inducing erection in you for a few weeks until you get used to it.

Nah for me it's a good game ruined by massive greed, just another one to add to EA's **** titles list.
  50. Aug 11, 2014
    The expectations were high, because it looks amazing on the videos. Can my PC handle that game? Well the multiplayer is amazing, but the campaign is something to forget.
  51. Aug 10, 2014
    I'd like to thanks EA for their 7 days trial. Saved me 30 bucks or so !

Bought BF3, got bored in under a week, and wanted to give BF4 a try. Well this is basically BF3.5. Netcode still crap, origin is a total joke, no lobby, as less userfriendly as possible in 2014, "premium" things to buy (read : pay2win), no balance, a nightmare for new players, etc. etc. Thanks EA for yet
    I'd like to thanks EA for their 7 days trial. Saved me 30 bucks or so !

Bought BF3, got bored in under a week, and wanted to give BF4 a try.

Thanks EA for yet another licence you kill. You guys are really good at it !

Thanks programmers for all the fun in BF2, last good game in the franchise. We had a blast. Memories are eternal.
  52. Aug 10, 2014
    Whoever thinks this game is worth something is just and idiot. I had more fun playing big rigs, no joke. Thee single player is short, boring, full of useless cutscenes, u barely have to play. The multiplayer is unbalanced, bugged and designed for 11 y/o kids.
  53. Aug 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just started playing BF4 a few days ago and i can easily say BF4 is the better game. It is not BF 3.5 like some say. It has mayor improvements. It has been fine tuned. Better balance. BF3 had shi** weapon recoil/handling.
    I remember these situation in BF3 where you sneak up on your enemies. Then you go full out, and you can kill maybe 1 of you foes. Realistically you should take down at least three. In BF4 even in standard mode weapons feel more powerful. You can actually saw trough your enemies given the opportunity.
    Also, BF4 feels way more responsive to me. Enemy kill, blood animations are better. Bottom line, the shooting and killing your enemy feels better, rewarding.

Now the big one. The graphics are really on another level. Wow.. the detail, flora etc loke more realistic. It s better to use bushes, plants for cover in BF4 in a relistic way. Good maps for graphics impressions is the Floods map.. the water is Photorealistic. It cant get any better. The water physics. The murkyiness.

Physics, since BF4 uses FB3 engine, the physics are better. Driving is way bettter. I couldn't ask for more from a military game. Shooting at destructable objects with your gun you can feel the difference aleady. Good stuff.
    The interface, Deploy map is way better. Since you have to spend quite some time in weapon customization etc. The menus are better now. In battle interfaces are more minimalistic, better design.

If your system can handle it, BF4 is epic. (BF game played before BF3 premium, BF BC2, and Vietnam)

I give BF 10 rating because it is the best BF, and the best online shooter i have played. (not that its soo perfect or anything)

(I had some lagging issues at the start, but it was my shi** router connection over WiFi. Now i uses cable and ping is better than BF3 even maybe. I have above average ping, but i get 40-60 ping in better servers. I have had no buggs really. So maybe ia am lucky, and also i didn't play it from the release date.)
  54. Aug 7, 2014
    I've not played that game a lot. I've struggling with the netcode issues the whole time. I have to say i never felt so disappointed by a game i had pre-order 4 months in advance. Being a hardcore fan of the franchise i genuinely felt let down by Dice and EA. The biggest surprise i had came from the fact that the netcode was fixed in June. 8 months after the release of the game. You guysI've not played that game a lot. I've struggling with the netcode issues the whole time. I have to say i never felt so disappointed by a game i had pre-order 4 months in advance. Being a hardcore fan of the franchise i genuinely felt let down by Dice and EA. The biggest surprise i had came from the fact that the netcode was fixed in June. 8 months after the release of the game. You guys just lost my respect and i will never buy a BF game ever again. ps: BF4-2 (Counter-Strike HD) Really??? This is your new game? Expand
  55. Aug 4, 2014
    Horrible "netcode" 30hz/10hz even with the CTE 30hz/30hz there are still plenty of wtf moments which lead to hackusations in every match.

DLC campaign obviously more important than fixing the broken mess of crap DICE Sweden created.

The campaign is a boring joke of hearing "RECKER, RECKER" a million times...
  56. Jul 27, 2014
    Держите Дайсы и ЕАсты свою оценку за убогий дизайн карт, за баги, которые до сих пор есть =*
    Лучше BF3 только отсутствием той сраной синевы с чернотой и литров блюра.
  57. Jul 20, 2014
    Overall, I am fairly impressed with the new installment of the BF series, but it just barely makes a 7 out of 10. The game was executed very well, and some of the biggest innovation was to be found in multiplayer, particularly in vehicle combat. But even with some of the changes made, BF4 feels more like a DLC than anything.

Sure, the graphics have been given a bit of a boost, and

Sure, the graphics have been given a bit of a boost, and overall the gameplay feels great, but it doesn't even scratch the surface compared to BF3, when it comes to the campaign. While the campaign was enjoyable, it felt more driven by gameplay, and fast-paced action, rather than story. And, in the end, I couldn't remember anyone's name, or how it even ended. However, I digress, as I know not everyone is quite as into the campaign as I am.

As far as multiplayer goes, I have only a few complaints, the main one is level design. The maps in BF4 are great, but they aren't quite as memorable as some of the maps from BF3, like Caspian Border, and Kharg Island among others. However, others may feel differently, this is my personal opinion, anyway.

Lastly, I feel one of the main problems with the game, even now, is the netcode. I am no expert in netcode, but when 95% of my kills/deaths are due to crossfire, and getting shot around corners, we have a problem. I think this is something that Dice really needs to focus on, as it really is a game-killer.

Overall, I would've given BF4 a higher score, but I am already being pretty generous, considering the fact that EA pushed this game out early, even though it wasn't even finished. And even to this day, it features a wide array of issues, which could have been avoided, given a little bit of extra time.
  58. Jul 18, 2014
    Unplayable multiplayer... which is the only reason to actually buy this game in the first place...therefore a total waste of money. Netcode issues mean you frequently experience awful rubberbanding, one hit kills and most ridiculously of all the total inability to hit enemies.

I loved BF3 so much, I thought this game was going to be great from the beta, suffice to say it broke my heart. £80 down the swanny and not even any fix for the issues 12 months on. Shameful way to treat customers. Never going back to EA/Dice ever again.
  59. Jul 16, 2014
    I think this game is the best multiplayer-FPS on PC in this moment.
    Most of the bugs are gone, you have a lot of maps, weapons, and different way to play it (more less everything you can imagine).
    And the graphics is very good too. Only big problem is that you'll have to buy a Premium subscription sooner or later, so consider it because the total price will be much higher than the
    I think this game is the best multiplayer-FPS on PC in this moment.
    And the graphics is very good too.
    Only big problem is that you'll have to buy a Premium subscription sooner or later, so consider it because the total price will be much higher than the standard version.
  60. Jul 16, 2014
    Bf4 facts after 9 months since release:
    *the bugs still remaings (crash "something went wrong"), crash without reason
    *there are lags every few minutes *huge FPS drops => game is not optimized well *netcode = killing from behind corners is usual thing *guns are bugged as well => one shot kills, etc. *maps are boring => BF3 maps are better *no fun, just crying due to many bugs *no
    Bf4 facts after 9 months since release:
    *the bugs still remaings (crash "something went wrong"), crash without reason
    *there are lags every few minutes
    *huge FPS drops => game is not optimized well
    *netcode = killing from behind corners is usual thing
    *guns are bugged as well => one shot kills, etc.
    *maps are boring => BF3 maps are better
    *no fun, just crying due to many bugs
    *no support from EA, they are just adding new bugs => quality of product is very low
    *ORIGIN IS SPYING ON YOUR ACTIVITY ON WEB AND PROGRAMS (latest news, check Reddit)

There are more cons but those are the biggest one.

1 pros: graphics looks good ;-)

IF YOU ARE NORMAL, DO NOT SUPPORT EA OR DICE IN THEIR LIES AND BAD PRODUCT QUALITY, DO NOT BUY FOLLOWING BATTLEFIELDS, PLAY DIFFERENT, LESS BUGGY GAMES INSTEAD.
  61. Jul 13, 2014
    NOTE: My experience with this game only began AFTER the "net-code patch" that apparently fixed a lot of the issues people were having with it from release-May 2014. Also, my actual score would be a 9, but I am giving it a 10 to try and balance the ridiculous number of "0" ratings on here.

I held off buying BF4 in protest of what I saw as EA and DICE's ruining the series by "call-of-dutifying" the way new installments in the series are handled. However, during the recent sale I made the leap and picked up the base game.

In short, this is everything Battlefield 3 should have been. Despite what people have said about BF4 being rushed out, I believe it is the other way around: This game makes me think that BF3 was rushed to release before it could become the game DICE wanted it to be. That game, in my opinion, is BF4. While many things here do look nearly identical to BF3 at first glance, anyone who has played a good amount of the latter will immediately notice that nearly every feature has been expanded upon and simply made to feel more "complete": Much larger (and better) maps, BC2 style destruction (collapsing buildings are back!), in-game VOIP for squad members, Commander mode, multiple weapon attachments, different classes of jets (stealth fighers vs. attack fighters), the AC-130 incorporated into the base game (awesome, btw), and a much larger assortment of weapons, items, perks, etc - Quite simply this is everything that BF3 was expected to be. Release issues aside, I strongly believe that much of the hate for BF4 can largely be attributed to the fact that BF3 was not yet the "complete" Battlefield game which DICE envisioned.

Fans of Bad Company 2 will be happy to know that the destruction which was so lacking in BF3 is back in full - Buildings can be blown apart in much smaller increments, and once more can collapse entirely if enough damage is done. The maps also have a BC2 flair to them, with many taking place in semi-tropical environments reminiscent of the best Conquest/Rush maps on offer in Bad Company 2 (Isla Innocentes, Laguna Presa anyone?).

In the end, this is still the same Battlefield I know and love, and I am glad I finally let curiosity get the better of me and made the purchase. While BF4 is more refinement over innovation, it is a definite improvement over its predecessor and in my opinion one of if not the best Battlefield game to date.
  62. Jul 13, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is the sequel to the game Battlefield 4 which shook up the FPS genre and made room for competition. Sadly enough Battlefield 4 lacks at certain moments, the singleplayer was made without much thought and contains game-breaking bugs here and there. The multiplayer is OK, but is also buggy, and worse than BF3's multiplayer. I liked the underwater areas in MP though. There is noBattlefield 4 is the sequel to the game Battlefield 4 which shook up the FPS genre and made room for competition. Sadly enough Battlefield 4 lacks at certain moments, the singleplayer was made without much thought and contains game-breaking bugs here and there. The multiplayer is OK, but is also buggy, and worse than BF3's multiplayer. I liked the underwater areas in MP though. There is no obvious graphical inprovement, so you are better off sticking to Battlefield 3. Also, there's no 32bit support for older machines. Expand
  63. Jul 11, 2014
    Most of a year after release:
    1/2 the time, the game crashes as it tries to find a server.
    About 20 minutes before the game crashes WHEN in game It requires dlc and you shall find servers more limited if you don't buy them. Usually no team balancing, so 1/2 the time, servers will be unbalanced in terms of skill and no fun. BUT - when the campaign isn't crashing, it is satisfying
    Most of a year after release:
    1/2 the time, the game crashes as it tries to find a server.
    About 20 minutes before the game crashes WHEN in game

It requires dlc and you shall find servers more limited if you don't buy them.

BUT - when the campaign isn't crashing, it is satisfying (if only that was a larger part of the experience)
  64. Jul 11, 2014
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!
    Single player is soooo generic, but that's not what people buy this for.
    MULTIPLAYER: This is the worst FPS game I have EVER played! Crashes, long load times and, unless you are willing to pay to unlock all the weapons, you will do nothing more than Spawn, Die, [Deploy] and Die again! Constant disconnects and rubber-banding plague this game. Worst £45 I
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!
    Single player is soooo generic, but that's not what people buy this for.
    MULTIPLAYER:
    This is the worst FPS game I have EVER played!
    Constant disconnects and rubber-banding plague this game.

Worst £45 I have spent in recent months, and I bought COD:Ghosts.....
  65. Jul 10, 2014
    I know that the game had huge problems at release, but it looks great at the moment and I would recommend to try it! I think most of the vanila maps are great and with the upcoming CTE changes (Rush rebalance) the game will be even more great!
    Most of the major problems are fixed, people who say they aren't haven't played the game or just want to complain about something...
  66. Jul 7, 2014
    As a gamer I feel ashamed to have contributed to the culture of defective products with a pretty face, BF4 for PS3 crashes randomly over and over, it's frustrating, along with the hit detection working when it pleases, so, this is the last game I ever buy from this franchise.

We should require finished products, not betas and paying insane amount of money for products that are gonna be patched like a crack whore. It should be a fun game, it is not, it is frustrating.
  67. Jul 7, 2014
    The Battlefield franchise has it's ups and downs. In this case, for Battlefield 4 has sure pleased me. Battlefield 4 is a "First Person Shooter (FPS)" and is FILLED with action and pure excitement. I have played this game for around 200 hours and I must say that it is a well-balanced game, but does contain bugs.

When this game first launched in it's Beta, it had uncountable problems.

When this game first launched in it's Beta, it had uncountable problems. Network issues, game issues, absolutely terrible service, and overall a bad experience. Now although DICE, the developers of Battlefield 4, has fixed most of these issues after the initial release of the product, it still contains issues to this day.

DICE is constantly trying to improve, but doesn't allow room for that to happen. Recently, in the upcoming game "Battlefield: Hardline," a new developer team "Visceral" has teamed up with DICE and took control of the new product. They initialized an 'Open Beta' for the game and I got a chance to play it. It is going to be a great game and there were not many bugs, but I will save that review for another time. While DICE is a great team, Visceral beats DICE at least in the support department because they were really open to criticism and suggestions, which DICE is coming shy of.

So while this game has it's ups and downs, I think it does deserve more attention as they are always improving it. I'd suggest it to a friend.
  68. Jul 1, 2014
    Zero stars is too many.

I'm probably old for a gamer having played all the original battlefields up to BF3. I haven't played any since and there was a half off offer on the game so I figured what the hell, lets give it a try. I tried playing the single player missions but found myself getting bored quickly. Fast forward several months. I figure today is the day I'll give the
    Zero stars is too many.

Fast forward several months. I figure today is the day I'll give the multiplayer a shot. After hearing all sorts of issues with the BF4 launch, I hoped by now they could have sorted out the kinks. First of all, to play the game you have to download a huge patch. Then you try and launch the game, but that doesnt work because you have download another stupid patch for the browser. Whoever thought that gamers want to use internet explorer to play your game should be fired. Anyway, I get the browser plugin working and now I'm trying to launch a game - any game. Just to see if this is worth a second more of my time. No you can't launch that game, you need to buy an expansion pack. Oh great - click another server same sh*t.

Keep clicking on servers until I find one that doesn't ask me to buy another expansion pack. 30 seconds later the game launches and I click the spawn button. Three seconds later I'm kicked to desktop with a friendly message: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe. Rinse and repeat this 3 more times. Now lets try googling around to see if there are any answers on how to fix this problem, people are suggesting to disable windows firewall. Ok lets give that a go - oh that didn't work either. Lets try downloading punkbuster directly - why in gods name am I having to download this myself is beyond comprehension for a multimillion dollar blockbuster title like BF4.

Now to recap, this is a game with crap single player (can't say I was surprised), and multiplayer that doesn't even work. So not only was this a ripoff at half off - but at any price.
  69. Jun 30, 2014
    Awesome game, maps are unreal and unmatched. I do miss the Rush of old too. And the pay for unlocks is a big :(
    Still wish they would ditch Battlelog too, I cbf
  70. Jun 28, 2014
    game is no good I go back to COD, how is that a pistol beat a LMG? you have to shot twice a person to kill him with a sniper rifle, and then you have to struggle to get to the next gun and do the same thing as the one before, that not happens in COD, this is a huge disappointment. and for get attachments its up hill with some guns in COD you have coins so you kill people get coins and buygame is no good I go back to COD, how is that a pistol beat a LMG? you have to shot twice a person to kill him with a sniper rifle, and then you have to struggle to get to the next gun and do the same thing as the one before, that not happens in COD, this is a huge disappointment. and for get attachments its up hill with some guns in COD you have coins so you kill people get coins and buy attachments or guns fast is more fun Expand
  71. Jun 27, 2014
    It would be a good game but, the most of the content is only for premiums... or for those that bought the DLCs. So the problem with this game is the publisher: EA ... :P
  72. Jun 26, 2014
    Re writing my review. Many of the bugs are now removed. Unfortunately it still uses Origin which doesn't so I cant give it a higher rating as the game is hampered by the poor delivery method. However, the game now realises the potential of the excellent game engine.

With the full range of DLC the game has a lot more variety and comes into its own. The use of jets is still

The use of jets is still problematic and never really got well integrated into the game and hacking continues to be the greatest problem of the game.

However, a new feature addresses one of the most fundamental problems of the previous game. Hit detection and other issues often referred to as "the crap netcode". While not being a panacea this has certainly helped a lot. There is still a huge amount of hacking and sadly many servers seem to allow it. A more pro active server admin community could have helped to nip this early but generally speaking server admins seem to have been poor caretakers of BF4.

Cheats will always be one step ahead but if you can find a good server and find a way through the mess that is origin to buy the game (or simply get your codes elsewhere and redeem them). Then BF4 is now a mature title that is a must have for any fps fan. There really is nothing like the Frostbyte 2 Engine and even the new hardline doesn't use it nearly so well.

If it wasn't for the problematic Origin then this would be a 10 from me.
  73. Jun 22, 2014
    I bought it at discount from Origin June 2014. The multi-player aspect is really phenomenal. I haven't played the campaign much but it looked more than decent.

I know the game shipped unfinished and Dice lost an opportunity to dazzle and wow players because of it. But the game I started playing is brilliant.
  74. Jun 21, 2014
    Remember how good Battlefield 3 was? me too. Don't get me wrong, if you are looking for your fix of Battlefield or just an FPS in general, Battlefield 4 delivers that experience, very inconsistently.

Still to this day you will join a server on BF4 and there will be players gliding across the screen due to a horrible connection, you will be piling bullets into peoples faces for them just to turn around and drop you like a sack of bricks.

Now EA and DICE have rolled out patch after patch, steadily the game is getting better but still, to be this far into the game and still to have some major problems? that's unacceptable. The one thing you will notice though, is that all of these problems are server based.

If you can get beyond the inconsistencies of the game connection, there is still a lot of fun to be had. The graphics are as usual, brilliant, the audio through-out the game is incredible, seriously, play a game of large conquest with some headphones on, I guarantee you, you may soil yourself. OK maybe not, but you get the jist of it.

I gave Battlefield a 6/10 for a reason. Had I done this review a few months back, the score would of been a lot lower and you could possibly say that I could return to this review in a few months and the game will be worth a higher rating. I seriously doubt you will be disappointed if you are a Battlefield fan and you have yet to pick this up, the game still give you hours of entertainment, even more if you get a group of friends on.

Just beware of those damn servers.
  75. Jun 15, 2014
    After buying BF4 with Expansion packs, I've had to endure rampant bugs and broken promises. Enough is enough. Not worth a dime. Dice lies over and over and fails to make any meaningful fixes to the game.
  76. Jun 15, 2014
    Probably the worst battlefield I've ever bought. Videos shown while loading levels in SP stutter to the point of unviewable. In MP, gameplay mechanics are unresponsive, laggy, and unbalanced, even 8 months after release, BF3 plays a lot better than BF4. I'm going back to playing BF3, arguably the last good recent BF.
  77. Jun 14, 2014
    Well, the price of the game still is very high for the real value, the graphics are oddly lower than Battlefield 3 ones, don't ask me why, and the scenarios and maps are not so detailed like in BF3, the loadings of the game are extremely long for no reason, and there are much more bugs in BF4, bugs that compromise the physics of the game, that are not so good too, the story is very simpleWell, the price of the game still is very high for the real value, the graphics are oddly lower than Battlefield 3 ones, don't ask me why, and the scenarios and maps are not so detailed like in BF3, the loadings of the game are extremely long for no reason, and there are much more bugs in BF4, bugs that compromise the physics of the game, that are not so good too, the story is very simple and direct with a short campaing of 4-5 hours, i personally liked the voice acting and the gameplay but the game leaves much to be desired, the game doesn't worth all the money that we paid, at least the developers are still trying to fix the game problems, some problems like the netcode have already been fixed. If the game is finally fixed i will rewrite this review. Thanks for the attention and sorry for my english. Expand
  78. Jun 14, 2014
    Bad bad. very bad two step back///// EA games s**** and ruined all
    Too quick death all always running and death ..... to quick..... burn burn burn damned EA
  79. Jun 13, 2014
    To me, the priority of a game is bring fun. And indeed you will have fun with BF4, however the game have so many bugs and problems that your frustrations will prevail 90% of the time and at the end of the round (if you don't rage/quit) you probably will be very angry.
  80. Jun 13, 2014
    It's a shame BF4 has so many negative reviews, I can understand that anyone who pays for this game expects everything to be working 100% ie: servers / online settings the day they buy it.

My experience has been quite different, I purchased BF4 several months after it was released and I have to say its brilliant. Smooth clean amazing graphics, sounds are just brilliant, and visual effects such as lights and particles as usual are a big exagerated but make it awesome.

I found the Campaign to be extremely well balanced and fun. Characters voices and animations and acting, the atmosphere, the different scenarios and the general gameplay are just brilliant.

I've also been playing the Multiplayer for several months now, it's what I expected to be with some tweaks, upgrades and really fun levels to play. I loved unlocking all the assault rifles and light machine guns. I did not run into any major bugs and contrary to many reviews I really enjoyed the levels even compared to BF3.
  81. Jun 11, 2014
    This is my third time reviewing this game. First one was on the actual day of the launch (gave it a 9/10), and the other was few months after (6/10).

This update is post- "netcode patch", more information at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbJsOLkxbO0 (A bit of background of myself, irrelevant in a sense, skip if you want to) I wouldn't be ashamed to admit that I am a Battlefield

(A bit of background of myself, irrelevant in a sense, skip if you want to)

I wouldn't be ashamed to admit that I am a Battlefield fanboy, even though my first fps game was CoD 4. My "Battlefield experience" started with Battlefield 3, with 1/2 a thousand hours put into it. I joined in BF4's beta and played consecutively (every day) until the day it ended, then i got the full game, and kept on playing since.

---

Battlefield 4 is simply a reboot of Battlefield 3, except with much better graphics (this is controversial & subjective however, which i won't want to get too in depth on), better gameplay (?), as well as a much better experience in general (again, this is subjective).

What i really liked about Battlefield 4 is the all-out infantry & vehicle warfare, something that very few FPS out there is able to provide. This game touches quite a bit on the aspect of teamwork, as well as gunplay (ability to control the recoil of your gun, manage your shots, accuracy, etc).

Being as transparent as i possibly can, this game has really improved a lot since its launch. The recent "netcode patch" increased the tick rate of the game by a slight bit, which indeed did affect the smoothness of the game. At least to a point where kill trades or deaths behind cover/wall are reduced by a significant amount. The netcode issues are arguably the most prevalent and predominant issue in the game right now and since launch.

I genuinely recommend getting this game, especially if you have a couple of friends, it is extremely fun and addicting.
  82. Jun 9, 2014
    Great shooter. I think it's much better than the previous installment. To make a long story short "Just enjoy the game"! Graphics are amazing but the foliage is not so beautiful however,
  83. Jun 8, 2014
    Game has terrible netcode. I am making this update after the much talked about netcode update. It's still a bad game overall, a few good ideas like carbines and DMR's for all classes but really nothing is improved in this game. BF3 is better in every way, and goes on sale often. Get that instead, more people populate the BF3 servers than BF4 at any time anyway.
  84. Jun 8, 2014
    I've been playing this franchise since 1942 beta (over 10 years), but have left it due to such a sloppy and release. It's too bad because the game had such potential, but it literally unplayable. There is a 75 page thread on EA regarding ATI cards having memory leaks that locks up the game, and it has still not been fixed.

On top of that, rush seems to get worse with each release. Bad

On top of that, rush seems to get worse with each release. Bad Company 2 had the best rush but it just keeps getting worse to the point of not even being worth it.

I am an extremely patient person to the point where I've been called a saint for the things I've put up, but I've run out of patience for this. Congrats EA in living up to your "most evil company" award 2 years in a row! You took a storied franchise and messed it up.
  85. Jun 8, 2014
    After the recent "netcode(tickrate)" patch, this game has become a marvelous game. It was already fantastic basically, but it was just broken and therefore many have hated the game. Still some servers with drastical lags, but in decent servers, game is so enjoyable. Everything is so fine and various. I was fan of flying helis and jets, but now i enjoy infantry combats very much, and asAfter the recent "netcode(tickrate)" patch, this game has become a marvelous game. It was already fantastic basically, but it was just broken and therefore many have hated the game. Still some servers with drastical lags, but in decent servers, game is so enjoyable. Everything is so fine and various. I was fan of flying helis and jets, but now i enjoy infantry combats very much, and as they say "only in battlefield". I can play what i want as i want. Fantastic game.. BF4 didn't deserve any rates and scores 6-7 months ago, cos it's broken, and i don't think a broken game should be rated, but now i give 9 because now it's pretty stable and i find the game awesome. Expand
  86. Jun 3, 2014
    BUUUUURN EA/DICE for making this CRAP!!!!! Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrnnnnnn!!!!!! I will never forgive them for making a game THIS halfassed! . .
  87. Jun 3, 2014
    half a year later and a couple of months gameplay, and still a couple of problems on multiplayer. dont buy, waste of money, nothing new on campaign and multiplayer is just a mess(disconnections / unable to join).
  88. Jun 3, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is the best game shooter until now. Excelent Muiltiplayer !!!
    great grafics
    the only problem are the DLC´s. You must have the Premium account to enjoy all maps. Why pay 2 times the same product ?
  89. Jun 3, 2014
    I tried to give it time, hoped it would be patched, but no that hasn't happened yet. It's a buggy piece of **** very frustrating to play. BF3 was excellent this is not, last time I will purchase a BF game.
  90. May 30, 2014
    Don't waste your time on this glitchy and badly optimized ****
    Battlefield 3 was few times better and worked perfectly (i7 3770k, gtx 770, 16gb ram, etc.)
  91. May 30, 2014
    I've pretty much boycotted E.A. after DA2 and the mess that was ME3 but I got this game free with a graphics card. It has good things; graphics, physics and sound (although slightly bugged sometimes). However the gameplay is a step back form BF2 and 3 (also got 3 free) and wiffs too much of Call of Duty. In single player if you shoot an enemy in the face be prepared for them to getI've pretty much boycotted E.A. after DA2 and the mess that was ME3 but I got this game free with a graphics card. It has good things; graphics, physics and sound (although slightly bugged sometimes). However the gameplay is a step back form BF2 and 3 (also got 3 free) and wiffs too much of Call of Duty. In single player if you shoot an enemy in the face be prepared for them to get straight back up and shoot at you and this is more irritating than the Ai possessing the ability to warp in new baddies like something from bloody star trek. So sod the single player (gave up half was as it was too mind numbing - story wasn't engaging enough to warrant such miserable whack-a-mole game mechanics). The multi-player is better but still not great (I have more fun on Planetside2 or Ghost Recon for example), something about the gun mechanics and movement just don't fit right (weapon feedback seems more like COD than previous games to me). Although I haven't experienced the worst of the "netcode" issues, i've seen enough to put me off playing any more. And I will get on record that running a game through your web browser is still not as easy as booting THE BLOODY GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE! Honestly no joke dice, just stop it. A UI is supposed to be easy and intuitive, not hidden between layer of useless stats and DLC adverts. Battlelog needs to die in a fire. Expand
  92. May 28, 2014
    This game is full of problems. I don't even know where to start.
    How about the fact that I got this with my Radeon R9 graphics card for free and it still is horribly flawed and it's on the border of hatred?
    The main reason this game is horrible is because this game is carrying a **** ton of bugs that DICE and EA are ignoring. Oh, and also, the single player is a broken piece of ****.
    This game is full of problems. I don't even know where to start.
    And also the maps are boring and the levolutions are nothing to **** your pants over.
    Basically, what I'm saying is to not buy this game.
    There are only a few things holding this game up, such as the graphics and the fact that it's not as bad as Call of Duty.
  93. May 27, 2014
    Battlefield 4 makes it obvious from the get-go that it values graphics over everything else. And the graphics are nothing short of stunning. But as EA should know by now, stunning visuals and sound effects don't make a game. And Battlefield 4's HD experience is ruined by the unstable game engine, slow matchmaking and server connections, dodgy connections in general, and the constantBattlefield 4 makes it obvious from the get-go that it values graphics over everything else. And the graphics are nothing short of stunning. But as EA should know by now, stunning visuals and sound effects don't make a game. And Battlefield 4's HD experience is ruined by the unstable game engine, slow matchmaking and server connections, dodgy connections in general, and the constant pestering to give EA more money.

I don't believe for one second that microtransactions and DLC are inherently bad. But how they're implemented can either enhance the game and make the developers a lot more money, or can completely ruin the experience. In Battlefield 4, it's the latter. It's one thing to include a microtransaction system in a free-to-play game. But when your game costs $60 USD, you're already pushing it. BF4 continues to be updated with expansion packs, which cost $15 each. Sure, you can just not buy them- but good luck finding a server that doesn't require them! Even servers playing on stock BF4 maps still regularly reject players who do not have the expansion packs installed. Players can also pay money to skip leveling (a feature common across almost all next-gen titles, unfortunately) and get a "premium membership" where their XP earned is doubled. This trend of "double XP" modes in games has already made the EXP/leveling system pop up in games where you'd least expect it as a cheap cop-out way to add microtransactions into the game. The worst part of paying to skip leveling is the massive number of inexperienced little kids running around with all the best weapons in the game because they got a hold of their mom's credit card. It totally ruins the balance of the game.

On top of all that, Battlefield 4 just isn't that much different from its predecessor to warrant me forking over $60, or more like $100+ if I actually want to play. Levelution is naught but a gimmick. 90% of the time, levelution-based changes to the map are purely aesthetic and hardly affect gameplay at all. And when you consider how slow the server connections are, even on the fastest fiber optic connections, and how buggy and unstable the game is, you're better off sticking to BF3.
  94. May 23, 2014
    Well if you are starving for a full released game BF4 is not the game you are looking for. In comparison to BF4, BF3 Netcode seems near perfect even if it isn't any close to it.
    So this beta-state game BF4 with 100$ pay to rage guarranty because all guys have to be like these guys in "wanted" and shoot around corners.
    In the end you just make up excuses for all this money why you haven't
    In the end you just make up excuses for all this money why you haven't already stopped playing this ****

May serve all graphic whores but nothing more. Campaign is also pretty "meh".
  95. May 21, 2014
    The Positives:

The Positives:

This game is a fun cruize from the wonder the 3rd gave us. The weapons feels better and its more fun to unlock new ones, contrasting the 3rd game where i lost track of my unlocks at level 70. On top of that, the amount of customisations have been grately fleshed out. The weapons feels more personal as a result, which is a great improvement. The levolution is amazing, much more fun than the (Lets be fair now) underwhelming destructables the third tried to blow us away with. The atmosphere is beautiful, not as good as the trailers made it out to be, but i can live with it. And its still much better than the third game, which always made me feel like having a sudden faint on a painfully bright summer day. Love the new cover mechanic, very usefull in tight corner situations, makes operation metro actually playable. The game constantly keeps you on your toes, 9 minutes each team deathmach makes the game easy to just pick upp and play 30 minutes before going to work

The Negtatives:

I absolutely HATE the constant crashes on dawnbraker, its simply a disaster thet these ones still happens 6 MONTHS AFTER ITS RELEASE!. But most of the negative aspects for me rests on the fact that this game underdelivers, considering its heritage. For example, (and this was a problem in the third game as well). The maps arent realy that big. Remember Bandar Desert in Battlefield 3? It was said to be the biggest map in battlefield history. My main point is, that that should be the OVERALL size of ALL the maps in both these games. Where did the MASSIVE areas that Battlefield 1942 gave us go? The game is called Battlefield! So where is the battleFIELDS?! On top of that, the conquests are way to short. A conquest lasts most times only 15 minutes. 15 MINUTES! What the hell! A Battlefield 1942 game could clock into over 40 minutes. A big letdown to those who hoped that the grapical wonders of this new game would go with the franchise an actually improve the game on all aspects

This game is still a great shooter game. Its still fun to play. The weapons feels better and most of the gameplay mechanics are an improvement from the third game. The downside is the crashes that should have been fixed long ago, preferable BEFORE RELEASE. The maps are small compared to the older games. The music is still a load of farting noices barely recembeling the epic trumpet of battlefield 1942. And the maps is still way to small to overcome the feeling that game gave us. I know it's bold to compare this with so much older games, but my point is that this game should not be outowned by the old battlefield 1942 i ANY AREAS. Overall, a good, unfortunately underwhelming, shooter that keeps you on your toes and never gets boring to play.

PS: In the 5th game, i expect to be able to control SHIP CRUIZERS! Don't disapoint me.
  96. May 19, 2014
    what the **** people!!!! 10/10,9/10,8/10 are ****ing kidding me? this game is average at best because of the glitches and the bugs and if you fix the glitches and bugs all you are left with is battlefield 3.0. its not bad but it sure as **** does not deserve a 9 or 10/10. use you ****ing minds!!!
  97. May 18, 2014
    This game is good.
    Everything is fine , eccept GLITCHES and CRASHES on PC.
    It's the worst thing in this game.
    And i don't like the "premium" option , it's like a season pass.
    What ever. a good game. But not has good then Battlefield 3.
  98. May 15, 2014
    Tried this again now 7 months after release and it's still a buggy mess. I get frequent culling of sounds that then suddenly pop up when the kill cam displays(such as helicopters coming in behind me). Kill cam seems to display the wrong character many times(or else there is something really weird going on).

Server availability is now outrageously poor unless you have DLCs.
  99. May 11, 2014
    I gave it 5/10 because of the graphics. That's it. Lots of crashes, boring maps. Mantle doesn't work the way it was advertized. Servers are full of exploiters/cheaters EA won't do anything against. It's hard to enjoy this game without playing it in hardcore mode because of that. The netcode is not on par with a game that is supposed to be at the top of PC gaming. Bought the premium editionI gave it 5/10 because of the graphics. That's it. Lots of crashes, boring maps. Mantle doesn't work the way it was advertized. Servers are full of exploiters/cheaters EA won't do anything against. It's hard to enjoy this game without playing it in hardcore mode because of that. The netcode is not on par with a game that is supposed to be at the top of PC gaming. Bought the premium edition and haven't even found the courage to try the last DLC which is told to blow like the two others that came before. Expand
  100. May 7, 2014
    if i would have needed to write a review about BF4 the first 3 months i would give it a rating of 4 Max, cause Dice released a game which was broken and unfinished at best. Most of us had constant crashes all over the place and we coudlnt even finish a single round.
    After now a good 6+ Month we have to admit that they finally fixed most most of the stuff, (insane long time period thou) ... So those issues aside, BF4 is great to play if you love teamplay, however the the whole release is more like a BF3 DLC with a new name, graphics didnt get much better and the levolution they announced sooo big is more a fake, its tru big building fall, but its always the same so there is no AI to it, its more like a general map has two stages, one with all in tact, and one where most of the environment is destroyed. All over still a great game, but they way it was sold to us, and they horrible state it was delivered, should give them a big downrating, cause afterall it was a big cheat, imho
  101. Oct 29, 2013
    For players looking for Rush gameplay, this BF4 is a sore disappointment. The problem are the maps, seeming more like the Armored Kill and End Game maps. There are no maps like Grand Bazar, Seine or Aftermath.

There are serious problems with the spawn on the defensive team of a few maps, resulting in many instant kills after spawn. The unlocking of several weapons is locked to

The unlocking of several weapons is locked to completing the camping. Since the campaign is very weak and boring, this is a problem for the multi player component.

Levelution is just PR. It is just a change in the map, more aesthetic than anything else, that little affects the tactics.

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Battlefield 4 could just as well be called Battlefield 3.5. The new Battlefield features are only marginal improvements over Battlefield 3, but even as such it leaves the competitors way behind. Hopefully the bugs will be squashed soon. [Nov 2013]
  2. Jan 13, 2014
    Even if multiplayer wasn't buggy, Battlefield 4 would still only be a barely passable installment in all respects besides the snazzy graphics. EA and DICE played it safe by providing the same thing they did the last time around, with another phoned-in campaign and only minor alterations to the online.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Battlefield 4 keeps soldiering on in the same footsteps as previous games in the series. The lack of worthwhile news makes you wish for more. Dice stays in its comfort zone calls for explosions and not much more. The series needs to evolve or fade out.