8.3

1. Aug 14, 2010
  2. May 13, 2011
    It's such a shame that the majority of the today's gamers would draw comparisons between this game and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 instead of Battlefield 2. As far as the public is aware, Bad Company 2 is a copy of Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield 2 does not exist. As a fan of the Battlefield series since Battlefield 1942, I am extremely pleased with Bad Company 2. While many features in BF2 are not present in BC2, BC2 also brings new and amazing ideas to the Battlefield franchise. First, the good. Class system has been redone for so that there are fewer classes but more things to do with each class. I always felt BF2 had an unnecessarily large amount of classes that are too restricted to a single function. In BC2, each class has a perfect balance of skills and you'll find yourself learning to love each of them and utilizing them to their full potential. Another pro would be the command button instead of the command rose. The command rose was very full featured but it took too much time to select a command. The new command button allows you to point your crosshairs at something and issue a single order depending what you are pointing at. This works very well because you can quickly spot enemies and ask for assistance much faster than with the command rose. The destructible environments is a powerful and realistic factor. A sniper in the window can quickly be killed by a grenade launcher. Mortar strikes can completely bring down buildings. In BC2, camping is significantly more difficult because of the frailty of your cover. The final and most important positive change in BC2 for me is the new game mode, Rush. Rush is am amazing mode in wish you play as attacker or defender and try to make your way through a map destroying MCOM stations or defending them until the attackers reinforcement ticket is down. In this game mode, you will always know where your enemy is coming from and you will be planting bombs instead of capturing flags for no apparent reason, just like in real life war. This objective-based game mode really makes the game feel more cinematic and even though I get tired or multiplayer games easily, I can still play Rush on BC2 again and again and again. Now for the cons. First of all, most of these cons are mostly Battlefield 2 related. Bad Company 2 was not intended to replace Battlefield 2, that's what Battlefield 3 is for. Bad Company was supposed to be a single player driven game with a fun little multipler on the side. Since that didn't work so well in the first game, they made it more Battlefield-like in the second. Anywho: No bots. Not really surprised but it's an important feature to me. I'm really hoping they make an appearance in Battlefield 3. No jets. I'm quite positive this will also show up in Battlefield 3. Only 32 player maps. Not really surprised again but would like to see 64 or maybe even 100 player maps. Hell, put in as many players as our modern day machines can handle, like MAG. On that note, no Commander Mode. With BC2's 32 player maps, this isn't as big of a problem, but I would like to see this in BF3. Large amount of players need direction, just like in real combat. I'm really hoping they don't scrap the command mode just because BF3 is going on consoles. Last but most importantly of all, no privately hosted servers and LAN. This is my biggest complaint and the one that I fear will most likely seep into Battlefield 3. With MW2, Infinity Ward killed dedicated servers. Now every developer thinks they can be the knight in shining armor by offering dedicated servers, but only when rented through official partners. Why shouldn't I be allowed to LAN with my buddy and kill bots like in BF2. I really hope DICE will bring back LAN in BF3, but unfortunately it doesn't look like they really will. Bad Company 2 and Mass Effect 2 are definitely the best releases so far this year. Those faint of heart and impatient are better of playing Modern Warfare 2 where the learning curve is nonexistent, but those striving for a more immersive battlefield experience definitely need to play Bad Company 2. PS: There are some complaint going on about the amount of horsepower needed to run this game well on PC. I have an AMD x4 955, 4gb RAM, and 5850 and I run this game full on 1920x1080. While I would normally agree with users and say this game should be more lenient on the technical side, this really is a fantastic looking game, almost (not quite) on the level of Crysis. That I can experience playing a Battlefield game on this level of beauty is something I really just cannot call a con. Expand
  3. Jan 6, 2011
    I'm not a huge fan of FPS games (i can't stand call of duty) but this game is the most addicting FPS i have ever played, Multiplayer is awesome, singleplayer is pretty good, Amazing game, just bought the vietnam expansion which is also awesome, i also love the ranking up system, how you have an overall rank but at the same time you can level up kits, ill be playing this game for a long time!
  4. Aug 12, 2010
    Not as good as I expected... I was very excited about this game and waited for it to come out but when I bought it, it just simply wasn't fun. I guess all the variety of weapons and vehicles was just too compicated for me since im a counter strike fan. Also the single player was disappointing too because I guess I played it right after COD:MW2, it seem even less fun.
  5. Sep 4, 2010
    This game was that terrible I actually disregard that it exists as it tarnishes the Battlefield franchise too much. The Singleplayer campaign was terrible, linear, repetitive with painstakingly dreadful and unplayable AI. Multiplayer had horrible bullet mechanics, broken hitboxes and poor weapon balancing design. Even vehicles don't work as when you try to run over your enemies they just pass straight through your jeep.

The Frostbite 2.0 engine was either poorly implemented or it is a piece of **** The graphical art style was painful to look at with blinding HDR and over contrasting until grass looks like green goo poured over asphalt. The audio engine is broken as surround sound did not work and the game offers absolutely NO options in regards to audio settings, except for a **** sound equaliser which I don't need.

My point of advice? Avoid this game like the plague along with Modern Warfare 2 and the new Medal of Honor. They are all pieces of **** and a burden on society. If you want to find a real shooter try ARMA 2, even though it is poorly optimised it is an amazing game and is less than half the price of all of these **** overpriced 'blockbuster' games.

- Kingo64
  6. Aug 28, 2010
    First let me expose to you dudes that I play games in a daily basis just before I get to bed since the PC had 4Mhz of speed on the processor and well no graphics chip at all! Gen after gen my rig is kept always top notch so I get the best juice in any game I select to buy. So... This game is... in every respect... everything a game should ever be! Even my most realistic dreams do not achieve the sheer perfection in fun and rewardness -- new word -- as this game does. For me the cheap chat between characters in the single player mode was the touch of genius! The very only thing that was missing in the modern SP game -- and I didn't even realised it until I experienced that. I now call that "soul". The SP game that has soul in it! Amazing! Then there is the other "issue" with this game and prior BFs also had this: the fun just never ends!!! There is always a new wild act to be done in the field I have never tried and human creativity with vehicles, explosives and knives is just infinite. I simply lost count on the number of great LOL rushes I had in action with the game and also the number of times I wanted to bang my head into a wall for the level of stupidity one can have -- at the same time! Thank you so much DICE for been so competent and ingenious! If possible my rate would be way over 10. Expand
  7. Mar 24, 2011
    Very fun game. I haven't played the single player game but I assume it is nothing special just like every other FPS. The multiplayer, however, is a lot of fun. No laser shooting like Battlefield 2 or MW, there is bullet drop. Guys could feel like they take one too many hits sometimes, but it keeps it from getting too frustrating. Team work is a must! You also get rewarded for team actions. For example There was a game where my kill death ratio was atrocious, but I was in the top three on the leader boards for spotting, repairing vehicles and healing my teammates. Loses points because I feel like the hit detection is a bit... off.. but it wouldn't be a battlefield game if that weren't so :p. Expand
  8. Aug 15, 2010
    Some may call it fun, awesome, amazing but the only word that comes to mind for me is - disappointing. Maybe I wouldn't compared it to BF2 if the changes between the games actually made sense, or if in one way they actually made the game better. All in all this game has drastically lowered my exceptions for BF3 and any future games from DICE.
  9. Oct 26, 2011
    I've been playing the game for 20 hours, it's very hard to control, it's so unbalanced as it can be, starters can meet people at the highest lvl, so you just keep running around and getting 0 points. There is no such thing as teamwork in this game, it's like CS;S people just think about their kills. It deserves it's 0 points, because the campaign is short and boring, the online gameplay is so unbalanced and well, I thought that vehicles would be awesome! It's not, if you're not an engineer, and you meet a tank, you're done for sure, and in most maps people only use tanks. I can only recommend this to people, who got so much money that they just want to trow them in the garbage. Expand
  10. Mar 1, 2011
    The best multiplatform shooter. Whereas CoD has you sprinting off by yourself, drop-shotting, and camping with some twitch-shoot mechanics. Battlefield encompasses the features that made people play First Person Shooters to begin with -- the feeling of being in a battle. Several factors contribute to this. The graphics are not the best out there, but they're very solid, much better than the first Bad Company which suffered from a grainy effect and low view-distance. Atmospheric effects (sand, debris, smoke) are done brilliantly and are wonderfully varying. One second you can looking down your scope in the desert and see everything laid out clearly. The next, looking in the same exact spot, your vision can be distorted by a rogue burst of wind and sand. The sound quality is even better, arguably unrivaled in gaming. Distant sound occurs a second or two after the event, giving the impression of a larger battle. Guns sound real and powerful, as do the bullets hitting various surfaces. Explosions are deafening and disorienting, and almost everything sounds.. deep. It's almost hard to describe, but the sound in this game is unlike most shooters on the market, and really do contribute to the feel of a great fight. Destruction is back, and is much improved. Buildings can actually topple, though not without a very fair amount of damage. No longer can trees and doors be cut down with your infantry knife, so it doesn't have the feeling of being stuffed in your face that its predecessor did. Unlike CoD games, every building can be a shelter without reducing the experience to hide and seek. You're never safe inside; every wall surrounding you can be shattered down. Vehicular play is smooth as ever, and manages to feel both powerful and vulnerable to an organized team. The blackhawk especially is a blast to ride in with a squad of friends, and the helicopter controls are much smoother than in the last game. The maps are larger and more varied, with a combination of urban and outdoor combat. The classes are now more balanced than before, and the experience each class can gain while helping out teammates gives teamwork a larger incentive lacking in most FPSs. Progression is improved, as are perks, but the customization isn't nearly as hefty as in Call of Duty games. Suppresors are limited to SMGs, but this gives the engineer kit a greater feel for its purpose. You cannot paint your gun or customize beyond adding a 4x scope or a red dot sight. There is very little in the game to make you feel as if you're character is really personalized, but the game isn't about you. You're a small part of a larger force, and the insignificance is gratifying. The hit boxes are much improved, and the hit marker has changed to the familiar one set by the CoD franchise, making weapons seem more responsive.

Ultimately, it gives the same pseudo-Battlefield feel that BC had, but it fixes most of the problems. It is the best Battlefield experience a console player can get, while the new mechanics and destruction make it extremely viable for PC owners as well.. at least until Battlefield 3 gets released.

If you're anything like me and you tire of the run and gun feel of recent CoD and CoD clone games, this game will be a breath of fresh air. The campaign is about standard for modern FPSs, which is why I didn't go into detail, but the multiplayer has no equals -- Bad Company really is in its own category.

Must own!
  11. Jan 4, 2011
    This is it! True War! The game sound is AWESOME! You feel that you're in the middle of a war. I've recommend 100% this game! Is the funniest shooter I've ever seen!
  12. CBZ
    Nov 26, 2010
    Best title of the Battlefield series, with destructible environment and incredibly addicting multiplayer.
    The single player is good but its only 10% of the fun this game has to offer.
    You will need a high end computer to play this game smoothly though, it's not worthy playing it in low settings because this game is visually impressive. however, all the bugs that the game had have been
    successfully fixed.
    After playing this game for almost 200 hours im still addicted.A must have if you like FPS!
  13. Feb 28, 2011
    This game is by far the greatest game I have ever played. If you enjoy games like Modern Warfare 1 or Counter-Strike, you will LOVE this game. With it's action packed gaming, and hardcore mode, you always be happy with it, I guarantee it. I purchased this game at $20, and it has been the best 20 bucks I have ever spent on a game. EVERYTHING is able to be destroyed. This throws a great twist onto the playing field, and eliminates those retarded snipers/campers in your objective building. There are also drivable vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, UAV's, 4 wheelers, and many more, which takes strategy and squad tactics to a whole new level. This game is the greatest I have ever played, and I'm sure you will be hard-pressed to disagree if you get it. Expand
  14. Mar 22, 2011
    If it weren't for the frequent "PunkBuster" & EA server failures this game would be perfect.
    As it is it has great graphics, a good balance between shooting & support roles, excellent single player mode & there's nothing quite like using a grenade launcher to put a hole in a wall.
    9 out of 10 for the entire package.
  15. Mar 23, 2011
    This game is one of the best FPS games to grace our computers for us to play. It offers almost everything there is to offer in a realistic military FPS, and has few downfalls... if any. Squad based combat is good, so you don't feel like you're a loner such as in Counter-Strike: Source, etc. Teamwork is essential, and makes the game so fun compared to others. The gameplay is perfect in my opinion. I am definitely a fan of realism as opposed to alien-shooters like Crysis. It makes it much more emotional and true to life. The vehicles in the game are especially useful and fun, and each one can counter another. Such as: tanks can shoot down helicopters, to counter the fact that each helicopter can have two mini-gunners to mow down enemies that are afoot. I can't say much about campaign mode because I didn't play all the way through it. Expand
  16. Mar 25, 2011
    Gameplay - 95 , Graphics - 90 , Playing time - 100+ hours. One of the best multiplayer experience I have ever had. The singleplayer is not good, but it's not the main focus of the game, anyway. Also, this game is 50% cheaper than it's competitor COD while the quality is superior.
  17. Apr 17, 2011
    This is one of those rare gems of the gaming world, a series that sparks innovation game after game to produce fresh titles, although the single player was a bit short, the best part of the battlefield series is the multiplayer, with vehicle combat on all fronts from air to sea, makes you feel like you are truly in a battlezone in contrast to mimi skirmishes of other titles like COD. The frostbite engine is great with the destruction that puts gamers in new situations, looking forward to battlefield 3 :D Expand
  18. Aug 18, 2011
    One of the least enjoyable FPS games I've played in a while. Graphics and sound were okay, but the campaigns themselves were terrible, and controls were almost unbearable. Really wish I had saved my money for something not made by EA.
  19. Nov 9, 2011
    I couldn't try out the mulitplayer mode, but I can already tell from the single player that this is one **** awesome game. The story is kinda what Slyvester Stallone would come up of (with all those macho man), but that doesn't matter in "Battefield: Bad Company 2". The graphics are just sweet as hell; the light textures and destructable environments just makes Black Ops look like a steaming pile of crap. Overall, a great game that I definitely recommend. I don't know if the multiplayer's good, but at this rate, I'll assume it's at least better than COD. Expand
  20. BMF
    Apr 7, 2011
    A damn good game that requires a nice combo of teamwork and reflexes. BC2 makes simple shooters like COD seem like trash I cant wait for Battlefield 3.
  21. Oct 10, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great story line. Squads! Personally I love the variety esp. comparing it with MW2. The only down side to the campaign was no helicopter flying! Why? Online is never boring unlike MW2. Expand
  22. Apr 14, 2011
    Easily one of the best shooters ever. I like how you can cripple entire buildings so they crumble down on your enemies. One of my favorite moves...

Weapons selection and a great leveling system with weapons upgrades keep you playing.
  23. Apr 19, 2011
    Playing this game since day 1 and having so much fun in online matches! Im' giving it 9 just because net-code sucked a tad in the first months (lost of lag & related bugs). Nonetheless high quality graphics, lots of extended breath taking maps, a lot of vehicles to try out and a ton of weapons to choose from, will keep any first person shooter fan attached to their mouse&keyboard! This game is what online fps warfare is all about. F**k Modern Warfare or anything that Activision regurgitated on the market lately...just ask Bad Company 2 (at least until September 2011 ;)

p.s. WTF is "Score (10.0) id must be a floating point number."?! ...my Score is 9...fix this crap
  24. Aug 19, 2010
    I have a really hard time believing that many folks gave this game a high score when out of the box it is missing joystick functionality (you have to hack a file to get it to partially work, and most joystick throttles will never work). Months later they have never fixed this. All of the previous Battlefield games worked great with joysticks. They didn't give you the ablity to go prone, which every war shooter that has came out for the last decade has had. Come on folks. Nice Eye Candy. Bad execution. Anybody who gave this game a 10 needs to do a little bit more thorough review. Expand
  25. Aug 26, 2010
    The game has nice graphics, nice features and weapons. However, the online experience is poor compared to the other Battlefield games. Small crowded servers, tiny maps. It is almost impossible to find a good server with regular returning players of your own level. To me, Bad Company was a huge disappointment.
  26. Sep 10, 2010
    Bought this game on steam a week ago for online play only. In a full week, i have NEVER been able to loin to multiplayer. I have asked steam for a refund. Here is why. After buying the game, i sent EA a support ticket telling them that I have never been able to play online. They replied saying that there was on going server upgrades and capaicity problems that may be finished in the near future. There was no mention on steam or on BBC2 website before I bought the game that it was impossible to play online. . In my opinion, that is no where near good enough! I have asked Steam for the refund so i can buy a ready game.

shane
  27. Nov 27, 2010
    Great game, singleplayer is a slightly less than average experiance but the multiplayer is where it shines, unlock system is a bit annoying at first but eventually becomes managable, real teamplay mechanics, great graphics, vehicle and infantry combat is intense and fun, destruction works well and leads to interesting situations,
    MAJOR CONCERN
    game was not designed for 64 bit users WILL
    LIKELY CRASH CTD IF USED ON 64 OS, no attempts have been made to alert people to this for obvious marketing reasons, coding is the problem and ea are in no rush to fix it, broken game is broken game 6/10 Expand
  28. Apr 23, 2011
    Mostly, negative comments on this game are from those who are disappointed with the single player mode (although many of them don't see any harm to make comments about a game they didn't buy, didn't installed one single patch). Bu it's unfair i think. DICE was never assertive about the single player mode. This is a game which shines with its multiplayer mode, and i think, this is the greatest FPS multiplayer game of all times.

Nowadays, i see many people around which are amused with the destruction engine and the sounds and the animations of the Battlefield 3 trailers. They don't even know that lots of content like these exists in Bad Company 2. Maybe this is the weak point of this game. ADVERTISEMENT! Even local newspapers were mentioning about Black Ops when it came out.

Anyway, this is the greatest FPS Multiplayer of all times. "Fun" factor is incredible. Millions of gamers didn't even try this game -will never try probably-, but it's loyal players know that they witnessed the biggest fun of a video game.
  29. Dec 25, 2010
    Alright I'm gonna be blunt here because it's 10 to 4 and I feel like it... this game is terrible. the first few missions are great and examples of how this game really should've been made, and there's some pretty funny dialogue between characters, but the rest of the game is utter trash. If you enjoy being killed repeatedly with absolutely no warning whatsoever, and being unable to even play multiplayer because Punkbuster kicks you at total random, this game is for you. Oh, and the bugs - fire RPG at havoc, havoc completely vanishes into thin air, where does it go? Oh yeah, it's behind you, shooting you up the ass. That's just how bad this game is. Expand
  30. Jan 3, 2011
    If you want the best example of a console port, here it is. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was the game that made me give up on my days of PC gaming. To start, if you don't have a computer that is prepared to handle top-notch graphics, you might as well look for another FPS. For a computer that runs Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 smoothly on the highest settings, you would think I'd be able to do the same with a game that came out only months after. Apparently not. It is an outrage that the average person that has an average computer cannot enjoy this game. Moving on, the campaign was decent, but was short and made about as much sense as the sequel to the movie Transformers. Multiplayer is not even close to what the experience is like on the consoles, and the poor quality of the servers often overshadow any gameplay enjoyment. DICE even admitted that they had somehow confused the terms "latency" and "ping," and did not fix this for a while. I've been inexplicably been disconnected from servers almost as many times as I've had to wait more than 5 minutes to connect to them. In short, unless you are a diehard, Battlefield fan, that must play on the PC, and has spent hundreds of dollars in upgrading your computer, then I would not recommend this game. Expand
  31. Oct 12, 2011
    I was never a fan of games in this genre and type until I got into playing BC2 multiplayer. I have spent a great deal on time on it since then and it has been one of the best games I have ever bought. A real classic. True, it is plagued by a mass of hacking in terms of people trying to gain advantage with aimbots and the like. Unfortunately, there are lot of very tragic people out there, so just view it as charity. This game is brilliant fun and comes with maximum immersion. Expand
  32. Sep 14, 2011
    This game is the worst battlefield experience i have ever had. Battlefield 2 was awesome. It had the original CS experience out of the box with kickass vehicles that felt like vehicles. Dont ever buy this game, its bugged, its filled with exploits, and the helicopter can move less then in a simulator. Crap game - dont buy.
  33. Mar 13, 2011
    Bad Company 2 is a good game. However the PC version is a piece of crap. I spent 50 euros on Steam for it, and what did I get in return? I got a game that from the beginning (and today) was full of bugs. Knife kills doesn't work properly, road kills doesn't work at all, and plenty more bugs completely ruins this game. The menu system is probably the most stupid I've ever seen. For viewing your score you have to press TAB (very common), but when respawing you can't press TAB, you have to press Esc. How ridiculous is that? Two buttons for the same thing just at different times. Other minor bugs as getting stuck in windows, or getting killed by not standing 5 meters from a collapsing building. Lagg is another big issue with the game, with an average of 150+ in latency/ping/delay i ms.
    Besides from that the game is a complete wreck technical, it has beautiful graphics and a very good multi player (minus all the bad of course).
  34. Apr 22, 2011
    If you like multiplayer games that mean its game for you! Of course there issingle player campaign but this game isnt made for it. This game is made for multiplayer! Graphic isnt really good but you wont be dissapointed. Sounds and maps are great. Developers already fixed all or at least most bugs. This game is really fun. If you buy this game you will not be dissapointed
  35. Aug 29, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 was the first game of DICE's long line of games of the same name that I ever bought and played, so I can't compare how much has changed between this one and the older entries in the serie. The singleplayer was a little bit short and it didn't leave such a big impression, still it was solid and I didn't encounter a single bug or error while playing through it. What really caught me, however, was the multiplayer. I've been playing some CS and CoD before this, but never really enjoyed their cramped gameplay, but the open areas and vehicle battles was a good change. The graphics are good, most of the maps are OK although some of the Rush maps seem to have been poorly designed as there are alot of chokepoints were you'll quickly loose if you're team is slow moving. The squad gameplay is a nice addition, which is even better if you play with friends and can infiltrate enemy spawns just to wait for them to spawn on you and then make your move together. Most of the maps are also open enough to let you find your own way, not just simply alley A or B to reach C and you know there'll be someone with either a machinegun or a sniper rifle aiming down that killzone. If you enjoy playing multiplayer FPS games over large maps this is definitely a game you shouldn't miss out on! Expand
  36. Oct 17, 2010
    Nice graphics..Average sound..but over all a total piece of crap...poor physics...seriously glitched hit markers..head shots don't = a kill but foot shots do??? No ability to go prone..... Seriously if I wanted another piece of garbage that I cant go prone with, and score a kill with a foot shot I would play halo !!! Seriously after Bad Company 1 I thought you have learned to take it back to BF2 PC style!!! Expand
  37. Feb 21, 2011
    When it comes to multiplayer combat, Dice without doubt, are at the top of the game. Years of experience in the genre mean these guys understand the mechanics of competitive game play, they know how to make a multiplayer game work and most importantly they know how to make it ridiculously fun. If you have played any previous battlefield games - you know what to expect, except this time Dice have successfully implemented new and challenging factors to the game play. Of particular note are the destructible environments. This feature alone separates it entirely from all other multiplayer shooters, and damn is it good. Destructible buildings mean no wall (with the exception of a few) is a surefire safe spot to hide. You might be hiding in a corner halfway up a flight of stairs chuckling and praising your ingenuity when without warning someone decides to implant a rocket propelled grenade through the wall behind you, leaving a crumbling, gaping hole and you either dead - or scrambling away frantically with your tail between your legs. If the building suffers too much damage it will eventually collapse, taking all who reside within to a dusty grave. Another overlooked innovation is the implementation of sound. Sound effects are calculated realistically and projected based on distance â Expand
  38. Feb 20, 2011
    the single player campaign is about 4 hours long so its really kind of disappointing. Coming from bf 2142 to this and i find this game very lacking. The guns are lackluster and the hit register reminds me of cod: waw, the graphics are very basic to just downright ugly. if you own a xbox 360 or a ps3 i suggest hire it first otherwise i would give this a miss and stick to mw2
  39. Dec 12, 2010
    To windows 7 users who are using their on-board sound, don't bother to get this game. Multiplayer is fun and would have been great if people who are using their on-board sound can play for over 1 hour without having their computer hardlock on them. This is a known issue for a while now and still has not been fixed. The only solution is to purchase a sound card or usb sound card, or disable the on-board sound. Stay away from this game unless you have a dedicated sound card. I wish I could enjoy this game, but my computer keeps getting hard locked since day one of my purchase of this game. Expand
  40. May 2, 2011
    Very good fun. Gameplay is awesome, graphics are amazing though very unbalanced in system requirements. Single player is fun but way too short!
  41. May 18, 2011
    A decent single player game, but a little on the short side and not much plot. Multiplayer is a blast; a superb alternative to Black Ops, although you will have to spend a significant amount of time leveling up before you can be anywhere close to competitive. The building destruction physics is what really stands out the most to me.
  42. Jan 17, 2011
    This game is a huge amount of fun at a good price. It is cheap, enjoyable and they are still updating it and fixing bugs (absolute opposite of the cod series). I enjoyed the campaign alot, but the multiplayer is definately the strong point. Great fun to play with friends as you can all be in a squad and drive like lunatics on quad bikes.
  43. Jan 3, 2011
    The game is okay very very nice graphics. What sucked was story is too short and muti-player lags with ATI 5770 video card and 4GB of memory. I didn't care for it too much.
  44. Jan 9, 2011
    To begin with, it's the exact normal generic FPS that we all know, nothing new or inventive about it. That would be enough if it had any game balance at all, but it does not.

If you buy this game they start you out with severely weakened **** guns, no ability to use good sights on anything, no special abilities or anything else that makes the game fun.
    They handicap NEW players to put
    them at ten times an unfair disadvantage. New players are exactly who should not be forced to use weaker guns in anything competitive. There's really no point in making someone spend 100 hours before you make the game FAIR.
    EA can burn in hell, they're a piece of **** game company.
  45. Jan 12, 2011
    As with many of the previous titles this one falls prey to the same problem:
    great game - too many hackers...

Until they find (or willing to find) a solution to this problem, it too frustrating to waste your time and money on.
  46. Feb 8, 2011
    This is probably the best multilayer FPS game in 2010. The multilayer is extremely addicting and would guarantee at least 100 hours (or 2 to 3 months) of intense 'fun'. This game might seem like another COD/CS shooter, but the large maps and vehicles makes it far superior than the usual death-match shooters. I strongly recommend it for $20 when it is on sale. ....However......

I don't
    play this game anymore because the multilayer lags, rubber-bands, stutter and freezes like crazy. Any servers that is not 100 miles near you will lag. Any system that is not built with modern (2011) Graphics card and a quad core CPU will lag/stutter. My PhenomX4 940, 4Gb ram, ATI 4850 and 7Mbit connection stutters like crazy online (optimization and overclocking are useless for BC2, forget about it) . NO dedicated servers...this means that you are stuck with cheap data center servers that are not equipped to serve 32 players...And you Can't host a LAN game. NO custom maps: playing the same maps over and over again gets boring real fast. I really tried to enjoy this game...but the bugs, glitches and all sorts of performance issues just got so frustrating that I uninstalling it...

BFBC2 is one of the most memorable FPS I have ever played in 2010. unfortunately, the multilayer is practically unplayable unless you're running it on a exotic gaming rig.
  47. Mar 4, 2011
    The movement is clunky and the maps are too large for the small amount of people they allow into each map. Price we pay for it being a console port. Also I felt it takes way to many rounds to kill in this game. I do love the level destruction. The visuals and the sounds are great, but the game play for me is just not there. I feel like I am running around with a boat anchor tied to my feet. I have started the Single Player and the game play is pretty solid. I like the ability to flank enemies despite the epic retardation of your squad. Expand
  48. tmh
    Mar 16, 2011
    This game was 'good' during beta and the earlier months, but as each patch came out, it slowly - but surely - degraded. At this point in time, it's unplayable as anything but a casual FPS with vehicles. I can honestly say that the hit registry is worse than any other game I've played in the last decade. Even the graphics, one of the unfortunate selling points of the game, suffer from some of their own problems. Any attempt to use a rifle as an actual sniper rifle will show that the LODs are so improperly done than firing at someone behind a rock will hit that (now invisible) rock. Sound, however is one of the things BC2 managed to rather well - other than how important sounds such as footsteps are drowned out by explosions and vehicles.In the end, it was disappointing performance from DICE. Expand
  49. Apr 9, 2011
    Great sound design and visuals. The multiplayer battles are epic and there is lots of different things to do. The sound design alone is worth the money.
  50. Apr 20, 2011
    Ok if you are just getting this now, and have never played games like this I don't recommend it but to wait until Battlefield 3 is out. That is because by now everyone is high level and will have so many unlocked weapons you just will die and die and die. The game itself is fun but I will explain why I can only give it a 5. The reasons I take points off is the trend of giving us less in each new game. No more bots. Now you have no way to practice and try stuff out. Poor hitboxes and lag can make it frustrating to hit your target. Dedicated servers can only be rented, you can't set your own up anymore, which ties into why they removed bots Also possibly because of the destructible environment, would be hard to code a bot AI for that. Which is also probably why they removed prone, or maybe they took it out to try to keep people from camping. But it doesn't work, you will still be team based raped and headshot by the sniper 5000 miles away or shot to a million pieces by the helicopter whore so you always have to move in a convoy and in team. Which is the biggest joke because the game is called bad company which are basically the rejects in the militrary who are too insane for anything but a special company that is sent in to ruthlessly kill (and be killed as canon fodder). So it is ironic how many f-tards playing this really make the game title shine. But still it is somehow very fun, just disappointing at how little we get for it. Expand
  51. Apr 17, 2011
    EA must be using shills because the game's drop in player activity should tell you by now how much players enjoy it. It basically has inherited all the players who finally let BF2 die. Connection issues, server performance and the Frostbite's handling of the destructible environments SUCK! You freeze in 1/2 the servers you play in as soon anything explodes in front of you (even an RPG miss which keeps you from returning fire even though your opponent has already switched weapons and is still firing on you). The sniper kit!?!?!
    That's why 80% of the people playing are choosing. Oh!, and you can snipe with a shotgun. 2 actually. No kidding, 2 shotguns can shoot across the map and people camp with them to the point the gameplay is flawed. You can also destroy targets in rush from areas you cannot be seen or found (usually called glitching) but this game seems designed for it. VOIP does not work and 50% of the players a year later still lose connection sometimes if using the friends list.
  52. Apr 23, 2011
    I love the idea of the total distraction of buildings and tracer dart kills, especially mean when you make a hit with it on someone, then lock-on him and you can shoot anywhere, you gonna kick the **** out the guy :D, so in multiplayer you can really show your skills with different weapons and different modifications on it and also the specializations between the characters, BUT the saddest thing and its actually kills the game is that, you never gonna have a better ping than 90 or 100, most of the time its over than 150 and this is kills the ability to hit the target where you pointing at, you need to calibrate to shoot a bit in front of moving people or vehicles which is annoying and for example makes the recon (the sniper) character kinda unplayable. Really good game, very enjoyable, you can show your skills and how much you can use your brain and not just push the button, good graphics for me and actually I can say worth that 20 bucks (and 15 for the Vietnam expansion), but be prepared that the high ping is gonna make you sad. If you thinking to buy the "latest" games like: Bulletstorm, Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops as I heard,read and my own experience, they not gonna worth the money what they ask for (60 bucks) Expand
  53. Apr 29, 2011
    I want to enjoy this game but I found a few things annoying. First of all the hit markers are just awful, I can shoot someone 15 times and they will turn and mow me down. Secondly, the handicap that new players get is simply ridiculous, if you're level 1 and just starting out, you will die A LOT. Third I find that many of the hosts for dedicated servers will boot/ban for the smallest of issues, such as suggesting one of their clan mates is a cheater. Lastly I guess would be the sheer amount of base rape that happens from people just whoring vehicles the entire game, I mean base rape with 3 tanks in your only spawn is not very fun.

Overall, this game just made for an unenjoyable game and I found little pleasure from dying 10 times from a guy in an Apache with flares that was impossible to shoot down made for an easy un-install choice.
  54. May 18, 2011
    I started off playing FPS since COD4 came out and back then I thought it was the **** thats when I decided I would try BFBC2 for my birthday, boy was I impressed. The fact that you had your very own squads and u can help set objectives, spotting and other amazing features that you will never see in a COD game was what won me over. I got Black Ops, but I still prefer playing BFBC2, there is actual team work instead of spawn, kill, die, spawn. Love it till this day~ Expand
  55. May 20, 2011
    DO NOT BELIEVE THE HIGH CRITIC SCORES!!!
    Sadly BC2 offers NOTHING in the way of game-play that could be construed as an improvement from every other BF/DICE shooter. Graphics are nice, but the "glitches" tend to be so tedious that multiplayer combat tends to be based more on people who know how to "use" the system as opposed to actual challenges of aim and firing. EA/DICE regularly tell
    their customers to "go &%$# themselves" and refuse to acknowledge their own forums and email systems that are flooded with complaints and hate mail against the company. "Why a 5 the you may ask"?
    Simply, the game is as good as its predecessors offering nothing new of worth. You may as well pick up BF2142 for 5 bucks and at least enjoy a less standard version of an fps.
  56. Jun 2, 2011
    This game is what Counter Strike would be if it was made in 2010. The variety of weapons, gadgets and tactics make this a multiplayer hit. I highly recommend this for anybody interested in FPS games, and I warn you it's addicting. I only give a 9/10 for a few small shortfalls. The single player campaign is just plain boring, I stopped playing it 20% of the way through and started playing Multiplayer instead. And it's difficult to arrange being on the same team & squad as your friends, and you can't check your weapon stats while in game. Expand
  57. Jun 9, 2011
    Worst game ever. Single player was up to standard but the multiplayer is just TERRIBLE! Every server I have ever played on always has an overwhelming powerful clan that is on one a single team killing everyone making everyone die at their spawn. The weapons are so unbalanced. I understand the game makers want to make the game long lasting to play for the users but IF WE CAN'T WIN, HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO GET NEW WEAPONS TO FIGHT OFF THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE ALREADY BEEN PLAYING SINCE THE START? Not to mention the lag, every server, no matter what the ping is, WILL LAG AS IF I WAS RUNNING THE GAME ON WINDOWS 95 ! Also the biased damage, e.g. a grenade can hit a person right in front of him and he would not die but someone can shoot a M9 across the map and still kill someone? What rubbish. Worst spawn system ever. CODBO has better spawning system. I can literally spawn next to an enemy while he is firing. Expand
  58. Aug 30, 2011
    Awesome game with a really entertaining single player mod and a great multiplayer with great graphic and gameplay, BUT! it's pretty annoying to play as a "newbie" even though I am an experienced FPS player. Without the special weapons and gadgets it's impossible to have fun so you have to play at least 10 hours to star enjoying the game.
  59. Jul 28, 2011
    Easily one of the best multiplayer experiences you'll ever have. Squad gameplay is well thought out, jaw dropping maps and over-all ass melting gameplay. Only thing it would need is better server support. From the sea, air and to the land where the battle is.. you'll thrash all of it.
  60. Jul 30, 2011
    A vague and disoriented single-player campaign bolstered by the awaited multiplayer experience. 250 hours spent on this game and I still find it to be entertaining as long as my computer does not overheat from the explosions, destructible terrain, squad-based teamwork, and bullet trajectories.

Once you find a good server that offers team-work and cooperation, this game is the best
    immersion you'll get in the genre of squad-based games. Expand
  61. Aug 6, 2011
    This is a very visually unpleasant game to play. Blowing snow, blowing sand, smoke or haze obliterates what must be some good graphics behind the scenes but you can't see anything. The multiplayer action must be awesome for the game to get such good reviews. I wouldn't know about that as online gaming is not for me any more. Singleplayer action is confined to just one linear thread through the game with almost no variability. Many missions are just plain stupid like running from building to building to keep from freezing, really? There is absolutely no replay potential for me in this game. Expand
  62. Jul 31, 2011
    No immersion, very little teamwork (everyone is just running around doing their "thing"), weapons are unrealistic (nothing but giant, over embellished chunks of metal with exaggerated functions), player team models make no sense (a mix of future U.S. Army soldiers, English soldiers, terrorists with masks, and this ape thing) -- the enemy has the same models too, too many screen markers (forget using the map environment tactically and taking cover and knowing you're safe -- the enemy knows you're their because of a giant red marker on their screen), the buildings make no sense (a maze of identical, empty, box houses with that goofy Victorian wallpaper), tanks and vehicles always getting stuck on objects (a tank can't move an empty blue container or knock down a wooden post?), what's the point of breaking down those wooden doors?, etc... The list goes on -- but the graphics were nice (the developers should try doing cgi for Hollywood instead). Expand
  63. Sep 8, 2011
    Amazing. As expected from the Battlefield franchise, a superbly executed game that shows other devs what they should be aiming for. Better than Call of Duty by a long shot.
  64. Aug 24, 2011
    I had been severely disappointed in BFBC, so I was hoping that DICE had finally got their game together to make something amazing again, and again I was disappointed. I have noticed that most of the big fans of the original line of BF games (BF1942, BFV, BF2, BF2142) have been very disappointed in the mediocrity that DICE has been spitting out recently, seriously DICE, you used to win "Game of the Year" awards back in the day as if they were a dime a dozen, we all expected at least something good. enough about that, on to the actual game. Its mediocrity at its most mediocre. its still puny groups of people fighting on maps where visibility is near nothing due to all the dust/snow thats flying all over the place. not only that, but I find a hacker at the rate of 1/3 of all the games i play in, people who somehow manage to headshot a bunch of players PERFECTLY in rapid succession from the other side of the stupid map without missing a single shot. and about the visibility, DICE decided to focus on their game engine more than the gameplay... again... I can understand how destructible environments is nice, but the hyperbolic destructive power of all explosives in the game is just nuts, along with the ridiculous amounts of dust that explosives create. having a 40mm grenade blast a hole in a concrete wall 6 feet wide makes no sense, it seems like all the structures in this game are made of Styrofoam filled with compressed dust inside... adding to the list of things i want to complain about is the lack of a comm-rose, combined with the fact that you can only call out a single enemy every 10 or so seconds, which doesnt help when you have spotted a group trying to flank you, you cant even make it clear that you want ammo, or a medic, or even say thanks, that combined with no prone position makes it immensely frustrating to try to scout enemy locations... the last major thing i want to complain about is the regenerating health... I dont get it, WHY does EVERY FPS game HAVE to have regenerating health? even in Multiplayer? how does running away and sucking on your thumb for 3 seconds equate to growing your legs back all of a sudden? it kills the point of being a medic, and encourages heroism, where the very good players run into a enemy stronghold, picks off a couple guys, then runs off for 3 seconds and repeats, and theres no way of killing that player even when they took 30 bullets to the chest over the span of 20 seconds, the idea of working with your team is almost non-existent in BFBC2. Though with all that said, the game is moderately enjoyable, and the thing I am most impressed by is the fact that its closer to being an actual BATTLEFIELD game when compared to BFBC. At this point, I have lost all hope in DICE, and I think its only a matter of time before they turn out like the old amazing game producers like RAREWARE(Goldeneye007,Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie) and WESTWOOD(Command & Conquer), both were swallowed into the maw of EA, never to produce another great game. I am not expecting great things from BF3 at this point, from what Ive heard and seen of the game, its still going to be a far cry from the greatness of the old BF games, since apparently, FPS games are all about entertaining 10 year old kids with ADD these days with all the flashy graphics and explosions and none of the depth and strategy they used to contain. Expand
  65. Sep 4, 2011
    I'm not the kind of person who plays FPS games, i tend to stick to more of the action/adventure genre, but battlefield 2 kept me entertained for a good 40-50 hours in online play, and thats more than i can say for any FPS game, including a certain piece of crap (cough cough black ops cough). normally i rate shooters very low on my lists of favorite games, and despite them all losing my interest in a short period of time, i know if i liked shooter games i would put this one up near the top, i'd give it a 9. sorry, 10 is reserved for ocarina of time, and ocarina of time only. Expand
  66. Sep 19, 2011
    This game is superb. I spent a lot of time playing it before I got finally bored to death. It's the best realistic-style multiplayer fps there is. Why 8 then, you ask. Because it's a port from PS3, and it's a poor one. It has bugs, bugs not ever fixed.

Nevertheless, it's awesome. Waiting for BF3
  67. Oct 17, 2011
    Im a fan of egoshooters. But this sux. As a beginner in this online world youre not welcome. Players, who played it a long time are better then noobies ofcourse. But in Battlefield you got it even harder: Because of the maps beeing bigger and the horrible bullet mechanics (bullets drop) it is even for good css players hard to aim. But the biggest newcomer nightmare is your class first weapon. In fair games like tf2 you got weapons which are good, playable, just basic guns you can even use when youre a pro. In Battlefield you got only rubbish. Just think about: you dont know the map, dont know the hitboxes with the damned bullet drop and then you not even have useable weapons. Thats not fair. All houses are destroyable, but the rests of them cant be moved, does that make sense? I dont got the wood doors, which you destroy with your knive. Thats not realistic. This whole (world) destruction-> only stupid houses(!) goes on my nervs. Its a playable game with a kind of achievement system which unlooks youre weapons, but its a hard deal as a bloody newcomer. If youre an old Battlefield Player, then buy it. If you never played Battlefield DONT BUY IT! It wont satisfy you... Expand
  68. Oct 16, 2013
    Single player campaign was essentially sellotaped on and didn't work so well. The multiplayer however built exceptionally well on its roots and made it both a familiar and great place to be.
  69. Mar 8, 2013
    Despite the non exciting single player plot, this game is very attractive. It has very realistic graphics (especially the light), very challenging but interesting style of shooting, and very magnificent destruction system which allows the player to destroy any buildings. Although the story of the campaign is not fully satisfying, the scene is terrifically designed, it is just unforgettable. The best part of this game is multi-player. The perspective and the view is wonderful, the atmosphere is tense, but still enjoyable. I think the online experience is much better than Battlefield 3, although the latter is also very amazing. Bad Company 2 is the peak of FPS in 2010, even today it is still unbeatable, and at some point, it is even better than Battlefield 3. Expand
  70. Feb 18, 2013
    One of the most well-done first person shooters in a long long time, good job.
  71. Aug 11, 2010
    It is so refreshing to play this game after playing Modern Warfare 2. The singleplayer campaign has more replay value (in some of the levels) because they do not give you a completely linear experience and you can play a level over again to completely change your plan of attack. And yes, I do remember specifically thinking about a "plan of attack" rather than just being spoon-fed every second of the game. Modern Warfare 2 might as well have been a (horribly bad) movie rather than a game. Bad Company 2 gives me room to think, and in fact, requires it.

The singleplayer campaign does, admittedly have a poor story and is way too short like Modern Warfare 2. But the good news is that it doesn't take itself waaaay too seriously like MW2 does, so it is at least a fun ride even though it is still inane garbage. In a way, it openly admits to being garbage and celebrates the fact, rather than being like MW2 -- woefully unaware of its own banality.

The graphics are a bit inconsistent, with some really blocky objects strewn around here and there while the character models are extremely detailed and photo-realistic. The gun models are really boring to look at. But the levels in the tropical regions are totally lush and lovable. Engine-wise, it is an amazing-looking game, and yes, if you have DirectX 11 and a processor that can handle it, it looks better than MW2 on the highest graphical settings.

The sound is probably the best I have ever heard in a first-person shooter, so I don't have anything else to compare it to except reality. Moving around, handling my gun, shooting, and getting shot at all sound as they would in real life as far as I can tell, except that loud sounds are made quieter (i.e. guns) or given the NIHL effect (i.e. tank fire) so you don't break your eyedrums.

The multiplayer is simply the best online shooter available right now. It goes for what I think is just the right balance of fun and realism. It is tactical, it has fairly big maps, it is team-based (you *can* go solo... but you'll die), and there are no killstreaks! Yay! And you actually have to work hard to get promoted, which is a complete change of pace from the made-for-idiots MW2 rank/achievement system. If you can find a server that isn't really laggy (which is a little bit easier now that they've patched it), it can be the most intense mutliplayer experience of your life.

Of course, there are two more big shooters coming out soon: Call of Duty: Black Ops and Medal of Honor. Will they unseat this game from its multiplayer throne of near-perfection? Definitely not Black Ops (based on the MP trailer I just saw), and probably not Medal of Honor (I tried the MP beta, which was really great but not this good). I don't think a better online shooter will be made until Battlefield 3, which is a long way off.
  72. Sep 20, 2010
    Without qualification this game is the best first person shooter that I have ever played. It does have its faults, but they are more than made up for by superb game play. What are those faults? First, it has a high learning curve for multiplayer. Second, some of the unlocks could be sequenced better. Now, what makes up for these blemishes? Intense combat that requires teamwork to win. Fantastic graphics. Destructible environments. I played Modern Warfare 2 for thirty hours online and was satisfied with that experience. I have played Bad Company 2 for over 125 hours and still want more. Expand
  73. Jul 21, 2011
    Terrible game. Horrid design compared to the old Battlefields. No prone, why?! It's not even a Battlefield game without prone. The maps are so horribly unbalanced it's not even playable when you're on a certain team at one point. it's almost impossible to take cover because there's no prone so it's a snipers delight. Oh, did I mention snipers? The game is infested with snipers. This is a sniper simulation and nothing more. I would rather play Call of Duty than this horrid piece of crap. Battlefield 3 better be good or I'm not buying a Battlefield game ever again. Expand
  74. Aug 19, 2010
    Singleplayer sucks. Multiplayer rocks. But it is not an old good BF2. It's more console-like casual team shooter. But that doesn't mean it's not fun. It is fun. The problem is the game has too many PC performance and gameplay issues and bad support from developers. Patches are coming out very rarely, and you have to fight against enemy and against technical issues. However this game is awesome, and anyone loving team multiplayer FPS should buy it. But if you have console, then I would recommend buying for console, because console versions don't have so much issues, just keep in mind that experience will be very different from PC. Expand
  75. Apr 25, 2012
    This game used to be awesome, but now there are so many rules for individual servers, and behaviours that are frowned upon such as base raiding, that it is just too easy to get kicked or disconnected. I used to enjoy sneaking up on my enemies, but now I find myself getting kicked for doing that or for using a weapon that they don't like. The game is becoming pathetic, and BF3 is even more annoying. I have gone from being a fan to a harsh critic. I guess it's time for me to move on from DICE games. Expand
  76. Sep 11, 2010
    I want to come out and say that this game kicks Modern Warfare 2 right in it's ass. While overall this game isn't as ground-breaking as it's predecessors, it's polished leveling and upgrade system is. They've perfected the balance of the points system and how you must actually play a kit to level it up. BFBC2 keeps it simple, abandoning the large-scale maps of BF2 for a more intimate setting - allowing you to feel a part of the battle on a more consistent basis. Adding the 'spawn on squad member' functionality cuts out a lot of needless running around, and also adds to the teamwork side of things. Overall, the most undenaibly spectacular accomplishment of BFBC2 is the sound engineering. The scaling of gun shots, cannons and explosions is the best I've heard - allowing for further immersion into the game.
    All in all, this is a must buy for anyone.
  77. Aug 26, 2010
    300 hours in, and still awesome fun. 300 hours in, and still awesome fun. 300 hours in, and still awesome fun. 300 hours in, and still awesome fun. 300 hours in, and still awesome fun.
  78. Aug 1, 2011
    Not as good as the first, but still very good. Frostbite 1.5 proves to be the leader in destructive environments (sorry Breach!). The campaign lacks as most people would say but the multi player is lengthy and fun.
  79. Aug 26, 2010
    People compare this game to COD MW2 but I'd have to disagree. Battlefield plays completely different and has an entirely different feel than MW2. And I'm comparing mainly the multiplayer functions of the two games as that is what I primarily play. MW2, for me, plays much more like a run and gun type game. Very fast moving, easy to kill people, easy to melee, not realistic at all. Battlefield on the other hand feels slower and more true to life. Getting kills in BF is no easy task, it takes more skill with the weapons and is more strategy based. Melee-ing in MW2 is ridiculously easy, not so in Battlefield, getting a melee kill feels so much more rewarding, because it is hard to do. And of course the ability to drive vehicles and fly copters makes it that much more enjoyable.
    I would rate this game a 9 as there are several flaws, one not being able to go prone, which as a sniper on a rooftop becomes very frustrating. Those people that rate this game low because their hardware can't handle it are stupid. And if you have a hard time getting updates and such, simply buy the game through Steam and all that stuff is taken care of.
  80. Aug 24, 2011
    I roughly played BFBC2 for about 200 hours. So it goes without saying that I loved this game. The mere fact that you can destroy your environment to totally change how you play is an idea that needs to be pushed to the limit. That is what gamers want. To be able to feel as though we can be inside our games and interact with object how we actually would. That is was BC2 brings to the table. It gives you a small taste of what being able to play in a battlefield is like. This game like any other doesnâ Expand
  81. Sep 29, 2010
  82. Nov 16, 2010
    Bad Company 2 is lacking in the single payer department, with a poor storyline that's just full of digs at other games (MW2) and has no real creativity, standard single player FPS nonsense. On the bright side of things the multiplayer is an excellent experience to be had, though i don't appreciate the balancing of sniper rifles in game its still a very fun and redeems this game for its campaign.
  83. Oct 1, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I truly recommend this fantastic game as it actually brings out the true meaning of modern warfare, and generating what the future may hold. When I first got this, it seemed difficult, but this is actually what real-life is like, everything, the gunshots, the sound, everything. Fixed with stunning graphics and real time events, this is one hell of a game you won't wanna miss. Expand
  84. Oct 1, 2010
    This game has great graphics, and a fun, albeit short, single player campaign. That guy saying 2-3k computer is foolish, he has 256mb video card. I use 4gb ram and a radeon hd4850 (1024mb ddr2) in 1920x1080 widescreen resolution, max everything, no framerate loss. I do warn those who attempt to play wireless, this game is one of the worst optimized for your situation, strongly consider dedicated cable.

The multiplayer shows a lot of promise, however, there is a very steep frustration curve you need to get past. And that is because even by the 2nd week of release, there were hundreds of people lvl 30s 40s and 50s, who can basically run straight at you and take a full clip of XMB without even dying, and still knife you while you're reloading. To show timeframe commitment, I spent 6 hours one day and I only achieved 60% from lvl 2 to 3. Think about the hundreds of hours you must invest to get the sweet perks these people with seemingly infinite free time have.

Aside from this, the multiplayer is full of kids under 15, who have the option to freely SWAP TEAMS whenever they want. So if they aren't happy losing, they can join the other team and destroy those with enough integrity to stick it out -- Horrible design in this regard, no public kick option (IE majority votekick), so when you finally find a beginner server with "Lvl 25 and under", it will surely be packed with people lvl 40+ who are just farming kills, and unless there's an admin around (never seen one in 20 hours), he won't be removed. And since EXP is gained 10fold by the winning team, good luck finding enough quality teammates willing to stick it out and not ditch to the other side. Apparently there is some great honor to be achieved by playing like a complete chump. Longevity will be determined by the community's ability to adopt new players without ruining the experience for them. It's dominated by children though, not surprising that they ignore this forsight. Good luck finding even one mature person in these servers.

So if you have a job, or a life, you will probably not find time to dominate the 9th grade arena that is BC2-online, but it will definitely be getting some sale time on steam in the future, and it might be worth the sale price just to enjoy the campaign.
  85. Oct 10, 2010
    The only reason this game doesn't get a straight ten with me is because PC users still don't have SPECACT kits. This would be a non-issue but part of the fun for me in any game is collecting achievements and without the SPECACT kits I'm left looking at a few blank achievements that I can't complete. If you can get past the bad jokes the story line is decent and the multiplayer has all the joys and frustrations that come with all Battlefield games. Don't give too much stock in what the naysayers complain about. If you have a decent internet connection game play is smooth and the servers don't seem to have too many stability issues. There are a few hacks out there who manage to bust Punk Buster, but that's something players just have to work around when it comes to PC games. If you love first person shooters then don't miss out an opportunity to experience this game. It's not too resource heavy for computers. You can build a decent system for under $600 and it'll run this game just fine. My rig happens to be a work in progress, but with a Windows performance score of 5.7 it runs this game smooth as silk on maxed out settings. If you have a dual core processor at 2.8Ghz or better, 4 or 5 gigs of RAM, and a decent 1Ghz memory video card then you'll be able to enjoy the best this game has to offer. Even with a little less I'm sure you'll be pleased with the visuals. Destructible environments give you new opportunities for cover and offer additional challenges on some maps. Check out the visuals on the map "Laguna Presa" but try not to be too distracted by the amazing detail put into the foliage or you'll become sniper fodder.

Playing on regular mode might frustrate you a bit if you're not spot on with head or upper body shots but hardcore will fix this with the added bullet damage. However, you will not have a targeting reticule. With a little practice you will still be able to knock people down with hip fired shots at close to medium range. On hardcore you will also not have a mini-map to reference from. This may make it a little more difficult if you're not used to the maps, but once you have them down you'll have fun ventilating noobs who stray into the wrong server. The squad function gives you the ability to spawn on team mates and this adds an interesting tactic when working with your friends. Bullet drop adds a fresh twist to longer ranged combat.

All in all this game is good for players with a medium to expert skill range and will become the school of hard knocks for players that are not as used to the genre. If you're looking for a fresh change from the usual run and gun this game will scratch your itch. If you played the first Bad Company game you'll notice significant improvements in game play and visuals with the Frostbite engine. Check it out.
  86. Oct 12, 2010
    I really liked the single player story and gameplay. there were a couple times where i wished there were more check points, but overall they were set up pretty good.

The multiplayer is great after the latest patch. I think they finally have a fantastic-to-play game and I really like every map in the game. However, the lack of mod-tools makes it hard to give your server a "memorable"
    factor that keeps people coming back. It seems people don't have regular or favorite servers very often (especially when the server browser's "history" and "favorites" tabs don't really work. The game was extremely flawed at launch, but after a few months they seem to be on the right page. I give it an 8 because the SP was a little shorter than it could have been, and the MP doesn't have competative game-support (kill-cam, spectate, public dedi's, mod tools, etc.), but overall, it's still a great game Expand
  87. Oct 13, 2010
    Nicely done.
    The destructible walls and buildings were a huge plus. It makes for a dynamic playing field. The buildings that people like to hide in are never there at the end of the round. If you stay put anywhere, you will get blown up or shot. The game pace is pretty good. My only major gripe is the spawn points. If you choose to randomly spawned you will often end up directly in
    front of someone, only to die and wait another 10 seconds to join again. This can happen many times in a row. It also seems like they see you before you spawn, like there's a delay between when you appear and when you can move.

That being said, I only play squad deathmatch. I've tried the other gametypes, where you have to take and control objectives. The matches are extremely one-sided. You will get killed over and over and over again. It might be fun to play them with a buddy, but it's just not for me.

Now here's the Major negative. The game says it's XP compatible. What they don't say is that it doesn't work on XP-64 bit. It took a few hours of digging through forums before I found this out. It doesn't say anywhere that XP-64 is not supported when you go to buy the game. That is false advertising and should not be tolerated by the gaming community. It isn't even legal. I don't know how they get away with that.
  88. Oct 15, 2010
    The graphics in this game are excellent, and the sounds is absolutely incredible. Plus, the hitboxes for enemies are realistic, and kills in both singleplayer and multiplayer are very satisfying. The battles are exciting and really emphasize teamwork. The campaign could have been better, but was overall pretty well done. I absolutely love the multiplayer, though, with several game modes to choose from, that lend themselves to a wide variety of strategies and skills. The maps are well designed, and allow for a great deal of freedom no matter which class you decide to play as. All around an awesome game. Expand
  89. Dec 5, 2010
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is an amazing game. While multiplayer was the best part of the game the singleplayer was also genuinely enjoyable. A bit glitchy and laggy at times but the gameplay is solid. I just wish DICE had programmed a smoother engine and not tried so hard to beat Modern Warfare. Battlefield is, at this point, the far superior series and can stand on its own merits without trying to emulate Call of Duty. Expand
  90. Dec 5, 2010
    Great graphics, good MP, if you have a good PC turn all the Graphics up so much detail. Cool vehicles and the squad team system works great. This is so much better than the hyped marketingmachines like Call of Duty Black Ops and MW2. This game is meant for PC gaming. COD for consoles.
  91. Nov 11, 2010
    ein geniales Spiel---es fesselt einfach jede Minute und macht sehr viel spaÃ
  92. Nov 17, 2010
    Pros: BF BC2 is absolutely astonishing in almost all aspects. The graphics are superb, gameplay is fair and exciting, the environments are vast and well designed, single player is a blast, and online play is addicting and fun! Exceeds COD and my exceptions

Cons: The Team-Play factor is reduced in comparison to BF2. The game seems to be dumbed down a bit in regards to control and gameplay
    commands but for anyone who hasn't played BF2 that shouldn't be an issue. Also, this game is very demanding on your PC.

Summary: Amazing game and certainly one of the best current multiplayer FPS games released. Lacking some of the Pro's from past BF games but makes it up for it in other areas. If you have the money and good enough PC buy this game. If you are debating between this and COD...This wins hands-down. Very well developed game.

*NOTE* Bare in mind that a majority of the bad ratings that are holding this game back are because the user did not have a computer that could handle the game...For anyone giving this game a bad review because there computer can't handle the game is utterly moronic. I'd rather have a good quality game rather one trimmed down just so people with out-dated computers can play. To even review game that you haven't even played is pointless...So I recommend everyone just ignore those comments and just make sure your system meets the recommended requirements.
  93. Nov 28, 2011
    This was the beginning of the end for good quality PC shooters. This was the first sign of battlefield being infected by COD aids. Every time I played, I couldnt help but notice that it was a tremendous gameplay downgrade console a-tized over bloomed version of battlefield 2, face it, the campaign is never where battlefield was good, the single player in this game is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, bad, like, worse than COD bad, so im going to grade it on multiplayer, yes, the multiplayer is insanely fun for the first few hours, but it will take you a good 90 hours of game time to get every weapon for every class, and those 90 hours will involve you being killed over and over and over. By the time you have all the weapons, you know what you are doing and your not making stupid mistakes anymore like running out into the middle of nowhere with no cover. But the main problem is, once you have all the stuff, you get bored.
    OH, and there are tremendous balance problems, like helicopters, a good pilot in one of those things will spawn camp your entire team and will be invincible.
  94. Dec 5, 2010
    I rate it a 10 based on the dominance of the multiplayer over singleplayer, just as the battlefield games have always been. The singleplayer is entertaining at best, but this game is really all about multiplayer. Don't get this for singleplayer. As for the multiplayer, this game has enough content to fill all your wants. I've played it since the Beta, and it used to have some bugs, but DICE is really good about patching. They also release tons of free maps that extend the game's lifetime. With the amount of maps they've released, I'm surprised I've paid nothing. Hats off to them for that. Get this game! It is less CoD style because it requires teamwork. It's slower paced and has vehicles. It has a mountain of guns to choose from and a leveling system that keeps you wanting more. I highly recommend this game as an experienced FPS shooter. Expand
  95. Dec 4, 2010
    This is possibly my favourite game of the year. I decided to wait for a while after the release so that EA/DICE could iron any bugs that were bound to be there, since EA games are usually badly bug tested and badly optimized. I'm still unsure as to whether I prefer this over BF2, but it does have it's perks. With the removal of jets, prone and simplifying some other things, the game has a slightly more arcade feel, which is refreshing against the back drop of pseudo-realism games. As usual the mix of vehicular and infantry combat is incredibly fun and adds an extra dimension to every battle. It's always fun blowing buildings apart now, and some strategic advantage can be gained by destroying walls, or collapsing buildings completely.
    The game visually looks stunning and it's reasonable to run the game on high settings and not suffer an FPS drop below 30, which is favourable since there is usually a lot going on.
    The single player is rather comedic. Four guys struggling against the odds, destroying what ever is thrown at them. That said, the Battlefield series should really be a strictly multi-player game and I think this game only further proves that. The game would still be worth as much without the single player as anyone who knows this series will probably play it once and then never give it a second look.
    Lag in the game is hardly existent (of course assuming you have a good connection). I believe there were some problems around release with the way shots were predicted that caused a lot of grief, but that has been sorted now.
    I look forward to clicking submit on this review and going back to multi-player.
  96. Dec 7, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really have been into first person shooters for as long as i could remember and all i could say is that i enjoy this game.The whole multiplayer is by far the most exciting and entertaining part of the game, even tho the campaign was lacking. Expand
  97. Dec 7, 2010
    This review is a PC review, based on the understanding that the Bad Company series is separate from the PC battlefield series:

Personally, I enjoy this game compared to everything else. It's got vehicles, destructible environments, Squad based action, and a dedicated server application. Everyone who gives this game poor reviews based on the PC battlefield has got the idea all wrong. Dice
    KNOWS PC gamers want something different than the console gamers, and to be honest, at least they didn't just make a straight console port of the game. The games user interface was reworked to work with PC, the max player amount for online play was increased from the consoles 24 to 32, which creates a more hectic, more team based environment. Honestly, I do wish they would've gone with BF2's X-Fi support, as I can tell the difference between their CPU based sounds and their X-Fi based sounds. Still pretty awesome in the sound department.

The gameplay itself is pretty fun, though like always, I wish they had more game modes, like a capture the flag mode or something, but still all around fun.

The game has a heavier feel, a more "down to earth" approach, as there are constant explosions, the terrain will dent in based on mortars and grenades "digging" up dirt, and buildings will burst apart until they just collapse. The biggest issue I believe I have with the game is the fact that Snipers run rampant, either with a sniper rifle or shotguns, which has to be the most annoying thing. It's one of those things that irritate me in modern warfare, that also bugs me here.

All in all the game is a solid game, fun if you get on teamspeak with some friends. The medal system should also be a little harder, allow for customization of your weapons (EG. Black Ops logo style), and there are a whole bunch of features they could've added, or at least fixed a few bugs. The newest patch has added a little more lag to some maps, but for the most part, the game is great. Pros:
    -Destructible Environments
    -Vehicles
    -Class based squad system (Medics, Assault, Sniper, Engineer)
    -Rush Mode (I enjoy this a lot to make it a pro)
    -32 Players (PC) (only half of the players of BF2, but there are more networked items so it's understandable)
    -More teamwork orientated than past iterations
    -Feeble attempt at ballistic physics, but still more than most games, which is fine by me

Cons:
    -Snipers. Snipers. Snipers.
    -Somewhat iffy helicopters
    -No modding system. (though Dice has issues just making patches for it. D:)
    -Ballistics are exaggerated
    -Server search is bugged. Turn off "EA Servers" Option. Will help. :)
    -So many explosions make it hard to hear. While I like this, this will be an issue for most people.
  98. Dec 11, 2010
    Great game with addicting game play. Thanks to the developers teamwork is strengthened and the graphics are awesome. The FPS genre has been revolutionized with Destruction 2.0 adding to new tactics. Even after 8 months the devs are still bringing out new content with their map packs and the imminent expansion Battlefield exam.

It's the perfect time of thinking to pick up this game, as it
    is a must buy for any FPS fan out there. Expand
  99. Feb 2, 2011
    Nothing is perfect. But this game is close to perfect in Multiplayer. A lot of quality seen in different aspects. Many weapons, combinations and setups to chose in-between.

They should nerf the bazookas (Carl Gustav & RPG-7). Those dealing damage on infantry and killing them with 1 shot. That should be impossible. A little delay on all servers. All in all, nice flow, fantastic
    game-play. Devastating sound and graphics along with almost perfect balanced FPS gaming. Expand

1. The new single-player mode isn’t that interesting, but the multi-player part is fantastic. With new destructable environments and new game modes Bad Company 2 is the best Battlefield game so far.
  2. Do you like first-person shooters? If the answer is yes, buy Battlefield: Bad Company 2. If there's a weakness it lies in the slightly brief single-player campaign, but the brilliant, potentially Modern Warfare 2 beating multiplayer more than picks up the slack.
    Though it occasionally stumbles, there's one thing that Bad Company 2 clearly demonstrates: DICE has graduated from the, "can only do a multiplayer FPS" class, and is perfectly capable of making a great all-around game.