7.0

1. May 17, 2011
    i cant believe the lower ratings on this game, often based on paying for additional cards. with just one purchase of the retail version (which you can get on ebay for about the price of an average lunch) you get more than enough in-game currency to buy anything you might need. and if u ever run out you can buy additional copies and add their content to your existing account. in over a year of playing i have spent less than £30 ($45 or so). And for that i have got literally THOUSANDS of hours of top-class entertainement. Compare that to a $50 game that u get 25 to 50 hours of gametime from and then tell me which is better value for money.
    They say that these days its all about the multiplayer, and for me its all about the PvP. BFs PvP is unprecedented. its unique and exciting and gets my pulse racing like no other game.. and ive been a gamer for 25 years. And the beauty is it doesnt matter how bad or good you are because with the ranking system everyone plays opponents of their own level. Someone that levels out around rank 15 can (and will) have matches that are as exciting and fulfilling as somone that levels out at rank 25. Your opponents will always be a balanced mixture of those at your level, those just below youre level and those just above.
    And, unbelievably for an online pvp game against strangers, many of the players demonstrate good sportsmanship and manners. Losers often congratualate their opponent on a match well played, and indeed the standard concession of defeat is "GG" - good game. and to me Battleforge is exactly that - a VERY good game.
  2. Apr 13, 2011
    I'm usually not a big fan of rts, but Battleforge is loads of fun! It's free but not entirely, since to acquire some specific cards you have to dish out some real money. But I got most of my cards by trading in 5 bucks, that's really cheap considering I'm having more fun with this game than any 60 priced game.

I feel like supporting this game by just trading 5 bucks or so each month, so
    don't discouraged! You also get enough cards to play with when you start, so you can figure out whether you like or not. I got hooked with starting decks.

This is more probably more aimed at trading card fan than rts fans, but if you like trading card and fantasy rts, then this is definitely worth a try.
    You like trading cards

1. This novel RTS in a slightly overdone but nevertheless interesting fantasy setting appeals with its fresh approach, especially to those among us who have a bit of a collecting bug. And who doesn't? [Apr 2009]
  2. Take the graphics and easy controls of WarCraft III throw in the addictive and working system from any trading card game and you will get an excellent piece of playability and fun – you’ll get BattleForge. [Mar 2009]
  3. A flawed but irresistible MMORTSCCG. [Apr 2009, p.74]