7.9

1. RichardL.
    Feb 1, 2006
    Very good sim game that I mainly play for the flightsim part, but if you get bored you can always drive a tank or grab a rifle and storm a town. Takes a little time to learn everything, but once you've done that it's a great game with many possibilities.
  2. Bgarry
    Dec 2, 2005
    This game blows all other real time war sims out of the water!! There are plenty of detractors (what game doesn't have them?) but if you are up for a true challenge this is the game for you. Fly, tank, capatin a destroyer, set up a machine gun ambush, whatever you fancy - you will find it in game. Starting out is frustrating but ask on the chat channels - the communtiy is one of the This game blows all other real time war sims out of the water!! There are plenty of detractors (what game doesn't have them?) but if you are up for a true challenge this is the game for you. Fly, tank, capatin a destroyer, set up a machine gun ambush, whatever you fancy - you will find it in game. Starting out is frustrating but ask on the chat channels - the communtiy is one of the best and will be more than willing to help any new recruits out. Expand
  3. May 18, 2012
    Very long running and engaging world war II MMO. The game has been going through some rough times with bugs over the last couple of years however a recent announcement of patch 1.35 promises to fix them ALL (Including the horrible CTD bug) and ofcourse introduce the much-anticipated US forces soon. Some of the reviews on here are from people that log in, play for 1 week then give up. IVery long running and engaging world war II MMO. The game has been going through some rough times with bugs over the last couple of years however a recent announcement of patch 1.35 promises to fix them ALL (Including the horrible CTD bug) and ofcourse introduce the much-anticipated US forces soon. Some of the reviews on here are from people that log in, play for 1 week then give up. I can't be clear enough when i say that this is the EvE Online of WW2 shooters, it takes time to learn and takes a very long time to become a veteran. It is a game built for true gamers that want to have an engaging ww2 experience within a strong community and realistic settings. If you prefer graphics over gameplay then my advice is to stick to BF3 and COD (that isn't me having a dig, just saving you time and us grief in game when you cry because you're no good).

Join the game, join a squad and get involved, READ and ENGAGE in chat to become part of the fight. To those who give this game love and attention it will treat you better than any other game out there. Those looking for a cheap thrill should stay away or be dissapointed.

Played for years and will play for many years to come. BEST WW2 MULTI-COMBAT SIM AVAILABLE FROM 2001 - 2012 and beyond!

4. May 18, 2012
    Good Game, steep learning curve, once there though, nothing else like it, most addictive game ever,
    Play, Tanks, Bombers, Fighters, Assorted infantry, Captain a Destroyer, Patrol Boat. AA Gun, Anti Tank Gun, Mortars etc, Played many games, but this is what i always go back to.
  5. Dec 11, 2012
    The most realist World War II MMO on the market, and probably will be for a good while to come. The more people that play this game, the merrier! Once you get over the standard graphics, this game can deliver an experience like no other.
  6. J.S.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Playing infantry and tanks is much slower-paced than in other games, and consequently is a lot more about strategy and patience as opposed to learning weird bunnyhopping techniques and flick shooting. The sound is excellent and a big part of the experience. It is a great feeling, after 5 minutes of waiting on the side of a hill with your anti-tank gun, to hear an enemy tank roll into your Playing infantry and tanks is much slower-paced than in other games, and consequently is a lot more about strategy and patience as opposed to learning weird bunnyhopping techniques and flick shooting. The sound is excellent and a big part of the experience. It is a great feeling, after 5 minutes of waiting on the side of a hill with your anti-tank gun, to hear an enemy tank roll into your sights and an even better one to pull the trigger on it and light it up. The game is flawed, but is contuinally being improved by the developers and will eventually be the only WW2 game worth playing. Even now it is my favorite. Expand
  7. victor02
    Dec 1, 2005
    I've played to computer games since the spectrum 48K. And I allways had a dream about how could be the games of the future. With all his good things and bad points, wwiionline or Battleground europe is the only game that looks like what i've dreamed. No other game can be compared to this.
  8. Erev
    Feb 1, 2006
    BE is currently one of the best games out there in my opinion. Here are a few things to note about the game that could clear some things up and perhaps improve people's outlook on it. The graphics aren't top of the line but you have to remember, unlike FPS games that cover a small area and even then usually have some sort of fog to hem things in and make it more comp friendly, BE is currently one of the best games out there in my opinion. Here are a few things to note about the game that could clear some things up and perhaps improve people's outlook on it. The graphics aren't top of the line but you have to remember, unlike FPS games that cover a small area and even then usually have some sort of fog to hem things in and make it more comp friendly, in this game to can literally see for miles. It is quite possible to search for and find someone a kilometer or two away and kill them if you are in a tank with good enough optics. That is a huge load even with things being not so pretty. Also the equipment is accurately modelled as has been mentioned. This means that even if you shoot a tank it might not die since your round may not have enough force to penetrate the armor. An early allied anti-tank gun will not be able to kill a high end panzer from the front for instance... but it may manage to kill it from the side if you lay in ambush. My only trouble with the game is that as infantry there are times when the other player can be shot and shoot you back before he dies fully. Even this, however, is getting looked at. All in all BE is quite a good game and is definately worth a look. Just make sure you have patience and know how to work in a team. "Rambo" style players have a horrible tendancy to end up dead very very quickly no matter what eqiupment they use. Oh yeah, and find a squad. That is perhaps the easiest way to learn and is definately the best way to play. -Erev Anzacs Expand
  9. AlexH.
    Feb 1, 2006
    Very good, game althought there is a few draw backs the gameplay itself outweighs it by far. I suggest trying this game if you have been looking for a realistic game better than CALL OF DUTY or MEDAL Of Honor.
  10. K.E
    Oct 19, 2007
    A game i have returned to time and time again and every time i do, it gets better. This review says it pretty well, not the best graphics in the world, but the largest WWII world available. ANd the best community i ever found in all my wasted years of online gaming. Its worth every cent.
  11. MartinW.
    Nov 16, 2005
    As you can see from the above reviewers, opinions on this game are highly polarized. When compared to traditional "shoebox" games (BF1942, MoH, etc..) the graphics are dated, the play is intolerable and frustrating. Make no mistake, if you are a twitch player and looking for a fight with a handful of buddies, this may not be the game for you. What BE does offer is 34,000 square miles of As you can see from the above reviewers, opinions on this game are highly polarized. When compared to traditional "shoebox" games (BF1942, MoH, etc..) the graphics are dated, the play is intolerable and frustrating. Make no mistake, if you are a twitch player and looking for a fight with a handful of buddies, this may not be the game for you. What BE does offer is 34,000 square miles of Europe with a wide variety of land, sea and air units to fight from. this is not a game that you can just "jump in", as the steep learning curve has flattend many a new player. My advice; get with a squad (www.sghq.com-shameless plug!) to learn the ropes and work with a larger group and you will never stop playing. Expand
  12. Lance
    Nov 20, 2005
    No other game anything like this.
  13. JerryB
    Aug 28, 2005
    At last, a game that feels like the real thing. A game for serious Massive online gamers that are tired of the same shoot'em up, unrealistic ww2 games Try it , you'll like it.
  14. Donner
    May 25, 2006
    My god this game is addictive.
  15. Garand
    May 25, 2006
    Give the game a try. Been playing since November 2002 when the Mac OS version came out. Sign up for the free trial (14-days). I gave the game a full month and been playing ever since. Not for everyone but you will find something with this game to hang on to once you get started. Perhaps its the tank sim, plane sim, a squad, the ability to para jump on town, commmand of a squad or unit, Give the game a try. Been playing since November 2002 when the Mac OS version came out. Sign up for the free trial (14-days). I gave the game a full month and been playing ever since. Not for everyone but you will find something with this game to hang on to once you get started. Perhaps its the tank sim, plane sim, a squad, the ability to para jump on town, commmand of a squad or unit, etc. Something will make you come back. Expand
  16. NathanP.
    Jun 15, 2006
    I love this game. I love flight sims, and this one does it well. but then what? I get bored so I jump in a tank, or grab a rifle. when you enter the scene of a town being battled for it is truly amazing. especially from the air. this game is a a Simulation! if your looking for battlefield 2 type gameplay. get lost because the community doesnt want you, but if you want a game that your I love this game. I love flight sims, and this one does it well. but then what? I get bored so I jump in a tank, or grab a rifle. when you enter the scene of a town being battled for it is truly amazing. especially from the air. this game is a a Simulation! if your looking for battlefield 2 type gameplay. get lost because the community doesnt want you, but if you want a game that your fight means more then topping the kill chart, this ones for you! bombing factories slows enemy production. airfields / motor pools only have so many vehicles to give out. Expand
  17. wintert
    Oct 11, 2007
    One of the web's best kept secrets in the field of MMO gaming. Skill-dependent cerebral gameplay, accurate weapons and ballistics modelling, and a cooperative, mature community make for an excellent WW2 campaign simulator. The game has a steep learning curve, and rapidly weeds out the less desirable elements of the FPS gaming community and rewards patience, situational awareness and One of the web's best kept secrets in the field of MMO gaming. Skill-dependent cerebral gameplay, accurate weapons and ballistics modelling, and a cooperative, mature community make for an excellent WW2 campaign simulator. The game has a steep learning curve, and rapidly weeds out the less desirable elements of the FPS gaming community and rewards patience, situational awareness and skill. If you're willing to look beyond the superficially simplistic graphics engine, you will find one of the most fulfilling gaming experiences - ever devised. Not for the faint of heart. Expand
  18. JesseE.
    Feb 22, 2008
    Greatest game ever. If you don't like the game it is probably because you either didn't give it enough time or it is just to hard for you, which is probably the case for a lot of counterstrike noobs.
  19. E.C.
    Feb 9, 2008
    Simply the best project ever. It will never end, and can now only be improved.
  20. JoeB.
    Oct 27, 2005
    With this new 1.20 patch it is best mpog out there i love this game get with a group get with a squad and play like it was back in 39-42
  21. JohnK.
    Dec 3, 2006
    Been playing a year now and omg this game rocks, yes its a sim of sorts and even if you don't like sims you'll like this. As for lag and fps... I have a 4 year old pc and have minor probs but no issues that will prevent me from playing or enjoying this game. Its not a game for everyone so I suggest playing first on a trial basis before paying. I scored a 9 because there will Been playing a year now and omg this game rocks, yes its a sim of sorts and even if you don't like sims you'll like this. As for lag and fps... I have a 4 year old pc and have minor probs but no issues that will prevent me from playing or enjoying this game. Its not a game for everyone so I suggest playing first on a trial basis before paying. I scored a 9 because there will always be room for improvement no matter how good the game. Expand
  22. PaulG.
    Dec 8, 2006
    What's the lifespan of a typical game these days? 3 months? 6 months? I loved Brothers in Arms, call of Duty1, 2, etc.. but in a matter of weeks, I had completed the missions and finished the games. Well, I've been playing BE since June of 2001! I've experienced it's growth from the developers' vision to an pretty engrossing reality. The map is huge and armaments What's the lifespan of a typical game these days? 3 months? 6 months? I loved Brothers in Arms, call of Duty1, 2, etc.. but in a matter of weeks, I had completed the missions and finished the games. Well, I've been playing BE since June of 2001! I've experienced it's growth from the developers' vision to an pretty engrossing reality. The map is huge and armaments range from rifles to aircraft to ships. If you get bored being a rifleman, drive a tank, fly a plane, or command a destroyer. If you get bored of playing as a Brit, there are two other nationalities with their own unique equipment lists to try out. The graphics are decent, not earth shattering, but the play is realistic with the development team going to incredible lengths to design accurate early WW2-era equipment, missile trajectories, and damage models. If you decide to buy this game, make sure you connect with a good squad. Your teammates will go a long way to get you acclimated and help you along. Also, if your trodding along and see a guy named "eighty2", be sure to say hello! Expand
  23. L.V.
    Jan 19, 2008
    Everything bad about WWIIOL was improved in the re-release of Battlegroung Europe.. now Version 1.28 fixes EVERYTHING! Low end machines are getting 40+ fps in battles..something that was a dream for high end computers! They close nearer to their new engine which will mean it'll go for high to high!
  24. LukeM.
    Nov 22, 2005
    I play this game it is number 1 war simulator this is the only and will only be the true virtual battlefield this game combines all the elemnts of war into a great online game.
  25. PedroS.
    Oct 5, 2005
    Game still suffers from many of the problems that it first had when it was originally launched as WWII online over 4 years ago. Lag...lag...lag. Impossible to fly unless you are able to purchase a new top of the line comp every 6 months. No customer support except what little help fellow players can give you. The dev team has never met a deadline it couldn't screw up...As is evident Game still suffers from many of the problems that it first had when it was originally launched as WWII online over 4 years ago. Lag...lag...lag. Impossible to fly unless you are able to purchase a new top of the line comp every 6 months. No customer support except what little help fellow players can give you. The dev team has never met a deadline it couldn't screw up...As is evident from the release of BE being set back (for the 4th time) to spring of next year. Still waiting for them to make a navy game..like was advertised 4 and a half years ago. Don't buy this game unless you like being frustrated. Expand
  26. UncleF.
    Jun 13, 2006
    I wouldn't bother with this one. I've given up after three weeks. There were never enough players - maybe I'm too much of a newbie.
  27. Andy
    Nov 24, 2005
    An amazing concept with some good features. Unfortunately, there is a coded in command structure that gives some players authority and control over the play of others. If you've always dreamed of being a mini Mussolini, you'll be in good company in the High Command. Having to interact with them if you just want to play the game isn't so much fun.
  28. May 8, 2011
    A very unquie and enjoyable... but... Recently , this game has become unstable and for alot of players 'un-playable' with very frequent ctd and cthl issues.. Play at your own risk but would be better to wait until the next patch.
  29. Exww2olplayer
    Oct 15, 2005
    I joined CRS in 2000 before the game was launched. It sucked from day one and I just ended my last subscription. I hate the fact that I spent so much for nothing. The rats have really screwed things up with poor graphics, LAGGGGGGGGGGGGG, very SLOOOW fps etc. Too bad as I had such high hopes. SeeYa rats.
  30. AlisterC.
    Dec 29, 2005
    This at one time was the best game ever. Between recent changes in the game and the company's attitude towards players I can no longer recomend it. It is confusing to even long-time players at this point with more emphasis on stop watches and capturing flags in a particular order than anything which resembles a war game. It contains a decent tank and air simulator, but if your This at one time was the best game ever. Between recent changes in the game and the company's attitude towards players I can no longer recomend it. It is confusing to even long-time players at this point with more emphasis on stop watches and capturing flags in a particular order than anything which resembles a war game. It contains a decent tank and air simulator, but if your passion is being the grunt in the trenches your money would be better spend just about anywhere else. Infantry play is in a word pathetic. Expand
  31. Dec 20, 2011
    Look at the lack of reviews from '07 to '11. Whats that tell you? The players base has shrunk to nothing, graphics still look 10 years old, and tech issues have actually gotten worse. This game is about to be history, and its not cheap either. I cant remember when a new tank or plane was last introduced and with their tier system/rank system odds are your not going to get a decent one anyway.
  32. Jan 26, 2012
    There have been no positive changes in the live version of this game in -over- a year. While the developers have sent out e-mail newsletters making claims of adding a new army and new RPAT weapons, you will discover that these are not avaible for use during play. The population is still heavily unbalanced between the sides, infantry play is still stiff and unrealistic, and all the graphicsThere have been no positive changes in the live version of this game in -over- a year. While the developers have sent out e-mail newsletters making claims of adding a new army and new RPAT weapons, you will discover that these are not avaible for use during play. The population is still heavily unbalanced between the sides, infantry play is still stiff and unrealistic, and all the graphics are horribly dated. To make things even worse the engine itself is incredibly poorly optimized, with performance actually suffering from multi-core processors. I genuinely loved this game in 2003, but I'm sad to say that it has only changed for the worse since then. World War 2 Online (Battleground Europe) is truly on it's last legs. The only reason I could even suggest trying it is so you can say that you played it before it's gone. Expand
  33. DanielD.
    Dec 10, 2007
    Well...where to begin...Performance is terrible, even with high end machines. I have a new machine, up to date drivers, etc, and get 5-10 FPS. Unacceptable. Infatntry warp around and teleport all over the place. Trying to bomb things with an airplane is basically impossible because of stutters over target. Its not just performace...Its an entire slew of things. The High Command structure Well...where to begin...Performance is terrible, even with high end machines. I have a new machine, up to date drivers, etc, and get 5-10 FPS. Unacceptable. Infatntry warp around and teleport all over the place. Trying to bomb things with an airplane is basically impossible because of stutters over target. Its not just performace...Its an entire slew of things. The High Command structure is player based, which means where and when you fight is up to other players. I dont pay to be told what to do, usually people pay me to tell me what to do. Graphics are from 2001. They fall FAR behind every other MMOG. I urge you to see for yourself. Join up during one of their free trials, or if you must, spend the 20 bucks for a CD key. Dont get your hopes up, because this is a poorly designed and coded game. You are better off playing BF42, because even BF42 with its 5-6 year old engine is better than Battleground Europe, and it doesnt require a monthly fee. Expand
  34. JK
    Jan 31, 2006
    This game has a lot of cool stuff about it. It also has many draw backs. It's biggest draw back is the time it consumes if you want to be part of a command attack. Everything is so orginized that is takes too long to get things going. You can't really make your own action cause you can only spawn where there is a command mission posted. I played with a trail account, and after This game has a lot of cool stuff about it. It also has many draw backs. It's biggest draw back is the time it consumes if you want to be part of a command attack. Everything is so orginized that is takes too long to get things going. You can't really make your own action cause you can only spawn where there is a command mission posted. I played with a trail account, and after finding a truck icon, I clicked on that mission and spawned out in the middle of field. After I ran into town there were a lot of people standing around doing nothing. I thought all the enemy were dead. Next thing you know I am read screen, then black screen, Dead. After I died it said you can't spawn there again. I never found the group again. I played for 2.5 hours and never saw an enemy. Everyone in the chat were saying ei, et, ea was here or there but I never saw them. The next time I played I was able to find action quickly. I saw and was killed and even made a kill. So I give a 50% rateing cause 1/2 my time was good, the other half was spent wondering around. Expand
  35. Jun 18, 2016
    Not going to lie, its a realistic WWII game but its just plain impossible for the new players to get good at it. Its very hard to see enemy infantry before you die, the beginner tanks can a lot of times be killed by AT rifles by veteran players, most of the time you cant even use ships in the navy, and its incredibly hard to use a plane. Its hard enough just to take off, but it makes it soNot going to lie, its a realistic WWII game but its just plain impossible for the new players to get good at it. Its very hard to see enemy infantry before you die, the beginner tanks can a lot of times be killed by AT rifles by veteran players, most of the time you cant even use ships in the navy, and its incredibly hard to use a plane. Its hard enough just to take off, but it makes it so much harder getting into a dogfight. By the time your'e about to shoot at an enemy plane, you turn and spin out not knowing what you did wrong. And I know a lot of people know about the tutorials but most of the time those don't even work... every time I try using them it always says "Error". Not only that but you have to pay 15 dollars a month for a game that's very hard, a game with honestly bad graphics, and by the time you start getting good you payed $500+ in taxes for the game. Not only that but you have to pay the 15 dollars to even have access to the forums. Expand
  36. Jan 20, 2017
    The game was good. But for whatever reason 3 days in I was banned for threatening somebody I never even heard of. Sent them an email and have yet to receive a response as to who or why. I wouldn't recommend this game to my worst enemy.

1. If the game weren’t huge enough already with so many different options that it almost seems like three different games put together, they plan on only going farther and making it bigger and more enjoyable. This game will truly stand the test of time, and over time it will only get better and better.
  2. Compulsive is what Battleground Europe has the potential to be, if you give it a chance. But also if you fall in with the right players, in the right place, at the right time.
  3. AceGamez
    Fighting through the streets with two hundred Allied or Axis troops on your side is what makes this an amazing game to play and one that is completely unique.