Battlestar Galactica Online PC

3.0

1. Feb 29, 2012
    Played this game for maybe a week straight. As your experience level goes up, the NPC's you have to fight to become stronger increases drastically. If you are not in a group you cannot level up without opening your wallet and shelling our real world cash in the store. Think you can grind the lower level NPC's to earn more credits to buy that new ship? Don't bother, NPC's below yourPlayed this game for maybe a week straight. As your experience level goes up, the NPC's you have to fight to become stronger increases drastically. If you are not in a group you cannot level up without opening your wallet and shelling our real world cash in the store. Think you can grind the lower level NPC's to earn more credits to buy that new ship? Don't bother, NPC's below your level will drop less and less salvage. Meanwhile members of the opposing faction some of which are called 'Wallet warriors' (for having the best items the store can buy which give HUGE advantages in PVP) are constantly looking to gank you at every opportunity. Forming a group is near to impossible, chat system malfunctions constantly and there is no system in place to assist group creation. I should also mention that many of the ships in the game have significant blind spots and seriously: no joke I was killing other players 'Battleships' in my starter fighter with my cruddy light cannons (hardly fair for them). In the event your ship is destroyed you have to pay a repair fee, the bigger the ship, the higher the repair fee, even if you can afford that fancy ship by grinding asteroids for weeks...good luck trying to fix it without more grinding...or PAYING MONEY!!!

All in all, don't play this game. It's fun for an hour or two...then the more you play the more you regret wasting your time on a system that is clearly designed to put a constant drain on your wallet and confer massive advantages to richer people...
  2. Viy
    Mar 4, 2012
    PVPers in the starting areas make this game unplayable. You can tell they are sinking cash into the game as they have advanced ships/weapons with a low level. I was trying to fight basic npc's and I was swarmed by human opponents with buffed up ships, no hope of survival. No amount of skill is going to save you, but cash probably would.
  3. Jun 21, 2013
    Worst customer service I've ever seen.
    Development team members past & present couldn't design their way out of a wet paper bag armed with a flamethrower.
    Has great potential yet management & designers keep ticking off 99% of the player base. Don't be fooled by F2P (free to play) adverts, it's becoming more & more P2W (pay to win). Moderators (ingame & forum) are either GREAT actors
    Worst customer service I've ever seen.
    Moderators (ingame & forum) are either GREAT actors (patronizing skills 101 with a** kissing the bosses 101) and/or Paid sycophants that claim they Play the game too & nothing is wrong with it.
  4. Dec 12, 2013
    Whatever you do, don't play this game, unless your rich. This game is made by Big Point, which means "pay to win". Whoever drops the most money on the game will dominate the game. Actually the entire game is designed around the pay to win model. That aside, it gets repetitive and monotonous rather quickly. There is really not a ton of skill involved in the pvp, whoever put more moneyWhatever you do, don't play this game, unless your rich. This game is made by Big Point, which means "pay to win". Whoever drops the most money on the game will dominate the game. Actually the entire game is designed around the pay to win model. That aside, it gets repetitive and monotonous rather quickly. There is really not a ton of skill involved in the pvp, whoever put more money into their ship and buys the bigger bullets, wins 9/10 times. Do yourself a favor and pass on this, wait for Star Citizen to come out in 2015. Expand
  5. Nov 27, 2015
    I've played this game for over 3 years, and I've finally had it with this piece of **** Never mind the constant unity crashes, slow loading, and laggy servers... they suck, but the game is almost fun enough to put up with that crap. But what has killed this game is Big Point's constant greedy needling of players, dangling special "offers" in your face when you get blown up by someone 3I've played this game for over 3 years, and I've finally had it with this piece of **** Never mind the constant unity crashes, slow loading, and laggy servers... they suck, but the game is almost fun enough to put up with that crap. But what has killed this game is Big Point's constant greedy needling of players, dangling special "offers" in your face when you get blown up by someone 3 times your level, and the final straw: giving wallet warriors a new stealth ship that can appear from nowhere, blast you out of the sky, and then disappear before anyone can shoot them. This takes ZERO skill, and is only done by about 3 dozen complete cowards, but it completely ruins the game. I have spent over $300 ($30 here, $100 there) getting HUGE credit packs, and after all that money and 40 months of daily play, I should NOT be constantly defenseless against these packs of zit-rump tweens in the $700 stealth their mommy bought them for coward's day.
    Oh, and if you complain about these cowards and call them names, the chat mods will ban you...can't have you hurting the feelwings of these wittle cash cows, now can they?
    Stay far away from this total BS game....many are leaving, they just merged like 12 servers into 1 (another nightmare, as now every language on earth is in one chat window).
    **** YOU BSGO. You've seen the last dollar or minute from me.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. PC Gamer
    Jul 14, 2011
    Occasional thrilling battles can;t make up for the fact that a majority of the time spent in BSG Online is just plain dull. [Sept 2011, p.72]
  2. May 4, 2011
    Despite the good graphics and some interesting ideas, the business model is not deployed very well and the experience becomes boring after a while.