Battlestations: Midway PC

7.3

1. NunyaF.
    Mar 9, 2007
    I was expecting something more of a technical sim.What I got was an engrossing experience. Even though the g.u.i. is simpified the strategy is top-notch.Graphics and Sound effects are superior. Dialog left a lot to be desired. Overall this game left me with the feeling of satisfaction.
  2. R.C.
    Feb 15, 2007
    As an avid player of RTS games, this one does not compare to most. The 3rd person shooter control is weak at best and the RTS portion of it is pretty much non existent. I would recommend to anyone, that they save their money for the newer Games coming in the near future.
  3. RichP.
    Feb 6, 2007
    Had it not been for the skimpy campaign mode and counterintuitive control scheme, Battlestations: Midway could
  4. JohnH.
    Nov 16, 2007
    This is not a sim but if you like a great arcade this game will deliver. It's easy to learn and the action is intense. In battles you can jump between platforms at will or just let the AI work for you.
  5. Dec 1, 2011
    The most polite way to put it is that I don't dislike this game. The graphics are decent, the cut-scenes are well done, and the first couple of missions really pulled me in and captured my excitement. But as the game story progressed, the excitement quickly wore off leaving me uncommitted to continue. Each battle became frustratingly harder, even with the difficulty setting on easy. ThereThe most polite way to put it is that I don't dislike this game. The graphics are decent, the cut-scenes are well done, and the first couple of missions really pulled me in and captured my excitement. But as the game story progressed, the excitement quickly wore off leaving me uncommitted to continue. Each battle became frustratingly harder, even with the difficulty setting on easy. There was no ability to save the game mid-mission which left me with a lingering bitterness every time I had to restart (which was quite often). A worthy attempt, but the developers just couldn't close the deal for me making it a tolerable air/sea shooter at best. Expand
  6. Mar 19, 2011
    Pros: Switching from controlling planes to ships to submarines is fun. Actual combat is pretty fun. Cons: Controls are hard. Gameplay is hard. Learning curve is extreme. Game speed is abysmally slow. Playing a mission for twenty minutes only to fail and have to start all over again 'repeatedly' is frustrating. Campaign is short and rather silly.

Overall: I would not recommend this game

Overall: I would not recommend this game to anyone other than WWII fanatics and even then buy it used.
  7. Oct 17, 2013
    Great idea for a game marred by a horrible control system, flying planes is like stirring porridge. I guess the setting isn't to my taste either but that's just personal opinion. Maybe others (judging by the ratings) fought past the control system to find a great game. I just didn't have the patience to do that.

1. Although engaging, the single-player campaign is just too short and will provide very little replay value.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    A surprisingly good combination of action and strategy - influenced by the old Carrier Command. The single player mode would have been a lot better if the AI was not so heavily scripted, but the fun multiplayer mode more than makes up for it. [Mar 2007]
  3. PC Zone UK
    It's not terrible by any means, but it's just not very exciting either. [Apr 2007, p.76]