Battlestations: Midway PC

7.3

1. DannyC.
    Feb 21, 2007
    This walks a very fine line between strategy and action but on the whole does it extremely well. I like it because it is a different experience from all the first person shoot em ups that crowd the 360.
  2. FrankieE.
    Apr 7, 2007
    A very underestimated game. You can take full control of sea and air like no other game. Multiplayer is also a blast and a must do for all.
  3. SethS.
    Feb 5, 2007
    This game is perfect if you like both RTS and action games I love the game but it is too short really.
  4. TerianderF.
    Aug 11, 2007
    First, I have 15 years of PC gaming experience. FPS, TPS, RTS, Flight Sims, I played them all. This game does an excellent job of allowing the USER to decide how he/she wants to play. You can take control of ANY ship, aircraft, sub, etc. Or you can let the AI control them all. You can watch the entire battle from a map and give orders, or you can watch from 3rd person. If you don't First, I have 15 years of PC gaming experience. FPS, TPS, RTS, Flight Sims, I played them all. This game does an excellent job of allowing the USER to decide how he/she wants to play. You can take control of ANY ship, aircraft, sub, etc. Or you can let the AI control them all. You can watch the entire battle from a map and give orders, or you can watch from 3rd person. If you don't like how the AI is controlling a ship or flying a plane - you can take control of it at anytime and do it yourself. The only thing I would change is allowing the user to have more "set up" time. Basically allowing the user have a greater distance from the enemy at the start of the battles (with a time compressor to allow speeding up or slowing down time). Another great thing about the game is the HIGH detail settings and Anti-Alias support for those with highend machines! It really makes a difference in detail when playing at extreme quality settings! Overall - Great sound effects, visuals, and if you enjoy flight or ship sims, this game is it. Expand
  5. FrankS.
    Mar 17, 2007
    This game does a very good job of combining action and RTS elements, although there is not much for replay value and it may seem too simplified for veterans of either genre. The graphics are great, and I had no problems with the control scheme. As soon as you get used to all the controls and where everything is layed out, it becomes second nature and really fun to play.
  6. AnonymousMC
    May 29, 2008
    Rich P.
    you shouldnt blame the game of being hard to play and complicated but; you should learn to play the game proberbly.
    JB R. Try updating the game. The game is GREAT because of its stupid AI. It makes it more challenging to control all the units at the same time. BUT thats not a bad thing! And if you really are one of those Dumbasses, who MUST have AI control to help
    Rich P.

JB R.
    Try updating the game.

The game is GREAT because of its stupid AI.
    And if you really are one of those Dumbasses, who MUST have AI control to help em' then program it, before you start attacking.
    And if you dont know how to do that, then go back to your Red Alert 2 (which was a great game) and play skirmish against a Easy Ai and Have Two Brutal AI's to help you NOOB!
  7. XabierM.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Somewhere between a strategy and a simulator game, it realy surprised me. The only thing I hope that sooner or later we start seeng new costume maps or so.

1. Although engaging, the single-player campaign is just too short and will provide very little replay value.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    A surprisingly good combination of action and strategy - influenced by the old Carrier Command. The single player mode would have been a lot better if the AI was not so heavily scripted, but the fun multiplayer mode more than makes up for it. [Mar 2007]
  3. PC Zone UK
    It's not terrible by any means, but it's just not very exciting either. [Apr 2007, p.76]