Beyond Good & Evil PC

8.7

1. Aug 12, 2012
    A truly great adventure! This game isn't perfect - but it offered me the best experience that I probably ever had with a game. Pretty much each year I go back and play it again. While I've played many excellent games that I've really enjoyed, I can't name many that I would regularly return to. I would even dare to go that far to say that this game shoud appeal to almost anyone - try itA truly great adventure! This game isn't perfect - but it offered me the best experience that I probably ever had with a game. Pretty much each year I go back and play it again. While I've played many excellent games that I've really enjoyed, I can't name many that I would regularly return to. I would even dare to go that far to say that this game shoud appeal to almost anyone - try it yourself. (And buy it, this is perfect example where bad sales, although primarily caused by bad advertising by ubisoft, caused the game sequet to be delayed more than ten years!) Expand
  2. Jul 10, 2011
    This game is a rarity. It defies many game stereo types without being something so far out there and strange that no one wants to play it. The main character is a female who actually wears cloths and is a living breathing character with depth, motives and her own perspective. Not, like many video game female characters, who are created to be saved or gawked at. The others characters areThis game is a rarity. It defies many game stereo types without being something so far out there and strange that no one wants to play it. The main character is a female who actually wears cloths and is a living breathing character with depth, motives and her own perspective. Not, like many video game female characters, who are created to be saved or gawked at. The others characters are also fantastic. The game has a lot of variety and all the attempted game mechanics work well for the most part. A very well written story that is in some ways parallel to current events and different views of events that we see today.
    The art style is fantastic making you look past polygons. I recommend it highly.
  3. Jul 23, 2012
    A masterpiece; no other word could convey the breathtaking setting, the compelling characters, the bliss in gameplay, the variety of the experience, the tightness of the plot, the challenge of the puzzles, the thrill of the stealth, the amount of sidetracking, the pleasure of exploration and the feel that everything was just at the right place.
    I am just sad that I wasn't aware of this
    I am just sad that I wasn't aware of this game before, but when such detail is poured into a game it always ages perfectly; a true classic that everyone who likes gaming has to try out. Definitely hundredfold better than all the games I tried in this generation.
  4. Feb 23, 2013
    When I was like 6, I got my dad to buy me a copy of this as it looked awesome.
    Then I installed it, and started playing it but since my English sucked, I could barely realize what was going on and figured I'd just give up.
    But I always remembered how brilliant it seemed, and how amazing the world looked. So when I was looking through my old discs like 2 years ago and found this, I
    When I was like 6, I got my dad to buy me a copy of this as it looked awesome.
    So when I was looking through my old discs like 2 years ago and found this, I immediately installed it and I'm so glad I did.
    Michel Ancel is the most brilliant man in the video gaming industry in my opinion the atmosphere of this game and of Rayman 2 are just amazing. The plot is great, the characters very likable, the atmosphere world so immersing and beautiful...
    Highly recommended =]
    Can't wait for BG&E2.
  5. VoltFox
    Jan 22, 2004
    This game is just PERFECT, everything feels right while the game is not that extraordinary, but every aspect of the game fits in the game just right. The story is driven by a really good characters personality, I totally recommend this game to everybody every age, I trully enjoy from the 5 minutes i started playing till the end, I never enjoy a game this much before, I hope they already This game is just PERFECT, everything feels right while the game is not that extraordinary, but every aspect of the game fits in the game just right. The story is driven by a really good characters personality, I totally recommend this game to everybody every age, I trully enjoy from the 5 minutes i started playing till the end, I never enjoy a game this much before, I hope they already planning for the 2nd because so many things that has not been answered in the game. Expand
  6. Tony
    Feb 22, 2004
    An excellent game.Its really fun to play.You play as Jade who is a reporter and she has to find out why the Alpha Sections are not helping their planet Hillys because everytime the Domz strike their planet,they never help so its up to Jade to find the truth.Its very fun to play and the music is great too.The puzzles are creative.Not that easy and not frustating either.Its just...really An excellent game.Its really fun to play.You play as Jade who is a reporter and she has to find out why the Alpha Sections are not helping their planet Hillys because everytime the Domz strike their planet,they never help so its up to Jade to find the truth.Its very fun to play and the music is great too.The puzzles are creative.Not that easy and not frustating either.Its just...really fun.Graphics are beautiful,especially looking at Jade's emotions. The puzzles,as I said are creative and fun but they do seem to repeat themselves so it is kind of repetitous but its still very intense.The camera seems to speed around a lot and Beyond Good and Evil is a tad short.Casual gamers can beat this game in around 15-20 hours whereas experienced gamers can beat this under 12 hours but still,those were the greatest 15 hours I have ever played.I highly recommend this game to everyone! It did have low sales but that doesn't mean its a great game overall.Pick it up before they remove it off the shelves!! Collapse
  7. Rococo
    Jan 21, 2004
    E X C E L L E N T The graphics are beautiful, the music is an A+. But the best of all is the characters personality, you just love them. And the story is really good.
  8. RichardK
    Jul 25, 2009
    A great game that got released at the wrong time. Great ideas, great characters, excellent story, and fun gameplay. Has flying, driving, shooting, puzzle solving, fighting, everything. Most importantly a great story.
  9. Oct 10, 2010
    This a fantastic game, one of my favourite ever. It is perfectly made- amazing settings, great characters and really good story. The way it is made is also amazing- some games would just have given you a gun with the aim of killing everything insight, but in Beyond Good & Evil your best weapon is your camera with the aim of taking pictures to reveal the government conspiracy. HighlyThis a fantastic game, one of my favourite ever. It is perfectly made- amazing settings, great characters and really good story. The way it is made is also amazing- some games would just have given you a gun with the aim of killing everything insight, but in Beyond Good & Evil your best weapon is your camera with the aim of taking pictures to reveal the government conspiracy. Highly recommended. Expand
  10. Apr 5, 2012
    A cult classic. Still one of the most original and underrated games. It delivers a great story, fun quests and a lot of content. The soundtrack is amazing and the graphics are still pretty good. Sneaking can still be frustrating and combat isn't very challenging or rewarding. Get this game now if you haven't played it.
  11. Jul 16, 2012
    This is simply one of the best games I've ever played. It perfectly combines a variety of video games genres in a great way. When I played it I had a fantastic experience that is unforgettable. I can't wait to see the second part.
  12. Jan 8, 2013
    i would definitely put this game in my top 5 because of the fact that it never gets old. i've played this game over so many times and each time feels even better than the last. the immersive scenery and sounds effects make the game more then worth it to play over again. if you're someone who likes action/adventure games then you would be a fool not to try this one.
  13. GertK.
    Apr 7, 2006
    Beautifully crafted and fun to play. The story is engrossing. Highly recommended for its blend between adventure and action.
  14. AlanB.
    Jul 26, 2007
    Very good game, but not without its faults. With no mouse Y invert (well okay, there IS one but it resets itself as soon as you use photo mode so it's basically useless), and some pretty awful controls both for the third-person camera and the in-game menus, the game is quick to betray its "shabby console port" origins. It's also not very long and the ending is dissapointing and Very good game, but not without its faults. With no mouse Y invert (well okay, there IS one but it resets itself as soon as you use photo mode so it's basically useless), and some pretty awful controls both for the third-person camera and the in-game menus, the game is quick to betray its "shabby console port" origins. It's also not very long and the ending is dissapointing and tiresomely cliched, with some final twists (one after the end credits) that will have you groaning in disbelief as to how the scriptwriters could possibly be any more lame and predicatable. Also the game has essentially zero replay value - once you've been through the ride once you're probably not going to want to do it all a second time. A "grand theft auto" style mode where you could go back to the gameworld and finish the side-quests after the main one was complete (like the photo-collection which is arguably by far the most fun part of the game) would have been welcome. Having said all these negative things, don't get the wrong idea, I had a great time with this. It's a fun ride while it lasts and the fact that all the above problems can't sink the game in the final analysis indicates just how strong the raw material is. You'll definitely feel a bit dissapointed when it's over, but until then it's some of the best 12-15 hours of gaming on offer lately. Expand
  15. SampaG
    Mar 17, 2009
    By far one of the best video games I played in the last 20 years. A beautiful artistic visual and acoustic presentation, very well designed interface and handling, a long lasting gameplay with many secrets, interesting sublevels and a wonderful story with great characters. This game is a highly recommended gem.
  16. MattL
    Jun 4, 2009
    Great game. Not too deep, but thoroughly enjoyable (except for some annoying minigames). Probably it's best feature by far, is the amazing soundtrack, which is easily good enough to go out and download separately. It's major fault is that the camera is just terrible at some points, but luckily not to the point of impossible playing.
  17. MrMiddleAge
    Jan 24, 2004
    Amazing production, visuals, voice acting, good story. It's very family-oriented, and is suitable for younger children. It's unbearably cute, and all combat is fairly easy and doesn't require hardcore gaming skills. Great for the family, really. Cutest game ever.
    Feb 8, 2009
    Superb game, highly underrated, should've been the Game of the Year for 2003. Lovable characters, fun gameplay, emotional storyline, lots of diversity and takes place on a world on which you will fall in love. It's pure sadness that so many people played this game, only made good by the promise that its sequel is in development.
  19. JeremyC
    Jan 15, 2010
    An incredible game; shows it's age, but I regret never having played this until now. The story is a little confusing, and a little light on details, but it's very well acted and told. The gameplay is top notch, and the supporting characters are some of the best I've seen.
  20. MatthewC
    Mar 17, 2009
    Brilliant game with a perfect mix of platforming, action and stealth, including well developed racing and flying sections. Beautiful modeling of the characters and a good story and satisfying ending really make this one of the best adventure / platform games I've played - as much fun as Psychonauts (another must-buy for lovers of platform action).
  21. Dec 18, 2013
    It was good in 2003, it is good in 2013. Great characters and story. A rich world that will captivate gamers. This is one of those rare experiences one never forget.
  22. Jul 18, 2013
    It is the most beautiful game I ever played. Try it out! It is a pitty that this game was never in the "Gamecharats" because it is WAY better than at example Oblivion or Black Ops II or any other game.
    For me it is just the best game ever, because I never felt, while finishing the story, this "No-this-cant-be-over" feeling before.
  23. Mar 1, 2014
    This game has a fantastic story, great characters and mean enemies! I like how you can get money and pearls (with interesting "quests"). I can replay it after a long time without getting bored.
  24. Nov 3, 2013
    This game is excellent, the graphics are good, the music is A M A Z I N G. The characters are great and there is excellent story. The world is huge and makes you feel that you actually live there and makes you want more. I played this game more than 20 times, and it looks always different and entertaining. This game is clearly underrated.
  25. Sep 23, 2014
    With most of the Rayman series under my belt, I've grown to be very interested in Michel Ancel's work; as of playing this game, I've now become a fan. BG&E is among the finest games I've played and pulls off the Zelda formula better than most Zelda games I've played. The puzzles: clever and satisfying. The stealth: tense, yet enjoyable. The combat: unique and well-executed. TheWith most of the Rayman series under my belt, I've grown to be very interested in Michel Ancel's work; as of playing this game, I've now become a fan. BG&E is among the finest games I've played and pulls off the Zelda formula better than most Zelda games I've played. The puzzles: clever and satisfying. The stealth: tense, yet enjoyable. The combat: unique and well-executed. The exploration: fun, filled, and rewarding. The presentation: shows age, but emotional. The story: simplistic, but well-written and immersive. The characters: each one endearing. This is Michel Ancel's magnum-opus. I eagerly await a sequel after 10+ years... Expand
  26. Feb 22, 2014
    Still one of the best games for world development flowing from player's actions. It's a thrill seeing the world changes as you gather more evidence about the corruption of the overseers. I really wish more games incorporated this element of game play changing the game world.
  27. May 29, 2015
    One of the best games I've played. This game is so amazing! Take control of Jade, an amateur photographer, and set on the adventure of your lifetime! You'll be taking photos of everything that moves, fighting bad guys, exploring the large world, fighting enemies and bosses, collecting pearls, participating in minigames and races and so much more. The characters are all likeable and uniqueOne of the best games I've played. This game is so amazing! Take control of Jade, an amateur photographer, and set on the adventure of your lifetime! You'll be taking photos of everything that moves, fighting bad guys, exploring the large world, fighting enemies and bosses, collecting pearls, participating in minigames and races and so much more. The characters are all likeable and unique and the whole game is simply charming. You've never played anything like this before (and likely never will apart from this game, as similar games are practically not made). The game is quite long if you want to explore everything and find all the pearls and you will definitely love each minute of it. Both camera and controls are without any serious problems, so there is literally nothing that could ruin the experience for you ... Maybe except the fact that there's still not a sequel out there.

A great mix of platforming, exploring, photography, collecting and combat. The story is deep, the music is great, the characters are likeable and the world is fun to explore. So, do not hesitate any longer and play this game, you won't regret it!
  28. Apr 26, 2015
    I just wish this game would've gotten more attention.

Hopefully they are going to use better marketing strategies for its sequel, which they've announced like 10 years ago.

This is one of the best games I have ever played and it has definitely earned its place in my heart. I still play it today from time to time.
  29. Nov 9, 2015
    It's hard to say who this game was meant for. It looks rather kiddy at first, but deals with some dark themes and plotlines, and also is rather frustratingly difficult at times. In many ways the definition of an award-winning flop, it's got a quirky style to it that you may or may not be on board with. Gameplay consists of platforming (which is solid), combat (which is bland), stealthIt's hard to say who this game was meant for. It looks rather kiddy at first, but deals with some dark themes and plotlines, and also is rather frustratingly difficult at times. In many ways the definition of an award-winning flop, it's got a quirky style to it that you may or may not be on board with. Gameplay consists of platforming (which is solid), combat (which is bland), stealth (which is fun but frustrating), and driving/shooting (which is unpleasant). Nothing in the gameplay really stands out as exceptional, but the world and story are well-realized, even if the plot is sometimes melodramatic.

Flawed, but charming and memorable. It's goofy and creative in its best moments, awkward and sloppy at its worst. There's a lot to like and enjoy, but plenty of moments that left me scratching my head. Difficulty was all over the place, with tricky parts not helped by the camera, but most of it was on the easier side. Despite what it has going against it, the quirkiness and setting were more than enough to drive my curiosity to the ending.

I experienced some minor technical issues, mostly just flickering textures, and a crash or two, but I didn't consider them enough of a bother to stop me from playing. Your experience may vary, as this is known to be somewhat unstable on newer OS's.

1. Unfortunately, there’s still the irritating third-person camera and chugging graphics to remind you of BGE’s console origins, and it never comes remotely close to justifying the pretentiousness of the title – at a mere 12 hours or so it’s undoubtedly far too short.
  2. If you value story and atmosphere in your games, then you will enjoy the way Beyond Good & Evil transports you into its fantastic world.
  3. I liked the characters, the game sounded and looked good, and the action sequences were challenging without being too challenging.