6.6

1. JM
    Apr 26, 2004
    I played for hours for only $19.99. Great deal, lots of interesting twists. Choose playing Mafia-it's more challenging.
  2. VincentB.
    Apr 28, 2004
    Stop the Mob - Save America! Excellent twist on the RTS genre. Only $19 .. Have been playing for hours - so I certainly got my money's worth. Standard RTS gameplay, awesome cut scenes, great storyline .. Thumbs Up!
  3. TomR.
    Apr 28, 2004
    I enjoy RTS games & this one had a contemporary hook that I couldn't resist. In "Beyond the Law", you command a squad of paramilitary experts in missions to infiltrate mob strongholds in & around New York City .. Your objective, put down the mob & stop a plot to nuke the U.S Capitol Many of the same features that you'd find in other RTS games. But it's the storyline that I enjoy RTS games & this one had a contemporary hook that I couldn't resist. In "Beyond the Law", you command a squad of paramilitary experts in missions to infiltrate mob strongholds in & around New York City .. Your objective, put down the mob & stop a plot to nuke the U.S Capitol Many of the same features that you'd find in other RTS games. But it's the storyline that pulled me in .. The cut scenes setting up each new mission were intense and gave the game an edgy, gritty feel. A "whole-lot-of-game" for not much money ($20) Expand

1. Unfortunately game play is spotty and uninspired as are the graphics - the sound on the other hand is, well it's intriguing.
  2. Despite non-existent AI and a lack of polish, the simple mechanics and decent missions provide some minor entertainment. [Oct 2004, p.87]
  3. The graphics are about on par with everything else in the game. The resolution is locked at 800x600, and even if you ignore the blockiness of the graphics the small levels are bland and uninteresting and the cutscenes smack of stock-footage amateurism.