7.5

1. Mar 1, 2015
    The gameplay gets repetitive at times, even though I have to say it's very satisfying to see masses of scrap-head bofyparts come off :) Still, I'd reccommend to play it for the story only, sure it has it's clichees but on PC you don't get much nearer to a Gears of War. Maybe Bulletstorm is the only other one I know of. Play it, you won't regret it :)
  2. Jan 19, 2015
    I just loved this game.

Graphics are excellent.
    Gampeplay is amazing
    Controls are good enough
    Story is quite good.
    And the partners/alternate stories/liking system is unique.

I even played 2 times in order to get the best ending!. The only thing missing is a continuation of the story, perhaps a sequel is needed?.
  3. Sep 26, 2014
    For some reason I really love this game. The dialog is terrible, the love story is cheesy, the voice recognition butchers every command I give, but there's something downright charming about Binary Domain.

I played the demo with a keyboard and mouse and hated it (it's a terrible console port), but later after I bought a 360 controller I found the game and sale and gave it a second shot. The first thing that will strike you is the destruction physics of the robot--there's nothing like it in any other game I've played. There is an incredibly visceral feel to every shot you take that either dismembers, decapitates or otherwise cripples a robot. Every weapon feels really good and every baddie feels really good shooting. Boss fights are particularly satisfying as they often evolve and change tactics as you decimate them piece by piece.

Second, the near-future setting and story taking place in a closed-border Japan is really really cool. The environments give an epic feeling making you feel like as small as a fly. And the story, although not terribly deep, keeps things moving at a nice pace alongside the constant action. As mentioned previously, the dialog is really, really, cheesy; but somehow it works. I don't know whether it was done on purpose but you feel like you're in a B-rated sci-fi film except that it's actually quite entertaining. Finally, the game is the perfect length for me--it's always better to want to stay in the game's universe a bit longer than getting bored and having too much. Binary Domain does the former. Overall, A fun sci-fi action-romp that surprisingly became one of my favorite underrated games.
  4. Jul 31, 2014
    Based on completing game ( OCD for you ;) )

Graphics :- Pretty good but some bad textures and over use of bloom and shine spoil them. Art direction is very good though, some great robot designs and the way robots come apart has been well thought through. The levels look good , you know where you are visually . nice contrast between the murkier depths to the clean upper part of town.
    Based on completing game ( OCD for you ;) )

Graphics :-
    Pretty good but some bad textures and over use of bloom and shine spoil them.

Story :-
    Stereotypes and cliches abound and the pacing is awful. The lead character acts like a spoilt hormonal teenager. Writers forgot this is a visual medium with all the infodumps. Might work for a cheap soap but hey you didn't buy the game for story.

Audio :- Nothing to right home about. Music is generic, guns go bang to a satisfactory level.

Gameplay :-

The voice chat thing sounds ok on paper but execution is awful. I turned it off. you will still get asked repeatedly inane things by the team. You can ignore these but it will slow down the game as they will repeat and hold the game up. Don't worry about the relationship rating which should make your guys more effective if good. It doesn't , your ai buddies are pretty useless and remain useless even if you spend money upgrading weapon and skills for them.Spend all your credits on you.
    The pacing of the gameplay needs it's on mention as it's bad. Lots of cut scenes all over the place , the lead starts a monologue with an infodump after the the first chapter just at a point when you start really getting into the action and want to be killing robots. At least the cut scenes can be skipped. You cannot do this when you ai buddies start having a ramble and slow you down to a snails pace . The same snails pace is used in 'rest' areas which would be fine if much to do in them but there is not and it just serves to drag it out more than necessary
    The level design is ok , most of it is fairly generic corridor shooter stuff with some arena areas for bosses , a good mix of assault , escape ,chases, defend the point etc. Some levels could do with more checkpoints as the chance of insta gib is very high in some while other are a breeze. Also the use of qte's is very meh and adds nothing.
    The thing that will keep you going is the killing of robots. It doesn't get boring ,you can just blast at them which does work but will eat your ammo. Aiming for heads will cause them to malfunction and go after their buddies, certain bots have weak spots which will kill them quicker. The variety of them is pretty good and often come in large waves so you are kept busy during the fighting sections.

Controls :-
    This gets it's own section as it's a port. A port that has had little thought gone into it re controls.

If you intend to use m&b you will suffer. Mouse aim is bound like a button 1 for 1. You cannot do swift movement of mouse to get precise aim as you would in a normal pc game as it only translates to one or two moves . You will need to do small controlled moves to get best aim.

Using a controller is fine but the layout of binds is odd regardless of input choice and having one bind doing multiple things means you end up sticking to cover when trying to run past it quite often unless you take a wide berth which you cannot always do due to design and camera angles which at times is very poor.

Overall the robots make the game without them it would just be another sub par cover shooter
  5. Jul 30, 2014
    Good story, good graphics and gameplay. The only reason why I didn't give it a 10 was that the voice controller ability wasn't working as well as it could have. This game is 10 hours flat. So if you have nothing to do over a rainy weekend, this game is a good diversion.

Essential for anyone who is into robopacalypse style fiction: see Do Andriods Dream of Electric Sheep, I, Robot and Robopacalypse.
  6. Jul 28, 2014
    A great Japanese style TPS, good story, good soundtrack, good gameplay, good characters...good everything! From the creators of Yakuza series you can`t expect anything else then a masterpiece, and this game absolutely is.
  7. Jun 13, 2014
    Worst port of all time. The game expects you to speak to your teammates (Which it can't recognize for **** This can be disabled though). The game requires you to launch a configurations menu before you start. The save button is below the taskbar, so you can't even save it! I had to mess around with some funky resolutions before I could even save it. Apparently someone at Sega has neverWorst port of all time. The game expects you to speak to your teammates (Which it can't recognize for **** This can be disabled though). The game requires you to launch a configurations menu before you start. The save button is below the taskbar, so you can't even save it! I had to mess around with some funky resolutions before I could even save it. Apparently someone at Sega has never used a PC in their life, and expects you to reload with "M", use "space" as a selection tool, and aim with your arrow keys (Yes, you seriously look around with your arrow keys. Once again, can be changed, but they really make the game a joke by these wonky configurations. Seriously SEGA, instead of wasting time on making these ****ty PC ports, get to work on our Sonic 06 HD remake. Expand
  8. Jun 12, 2014
    At first I almost gave up on playing the game since I couldn't find which button was used to access your radio. The keys aren't mentioned, symbols are shown instead, and while with hind sight I do recognise the symbol, it wasn't clearly recognisable at the start.

Tab=control radio M= mouse button, left one if I remember correctly. But after searching the internet for more than an

Tab=control radio
    M= mouse button, left one if I remember correctly.

But after searching the internet for more than an hour I found out which button to press.
    And the game proved to be playable and quite enjoyable for a shooter anyway. I don't like shooters that much, since it's usually just mindless shooting. But while this is a real shooter, there is a bit of a story. The story, though not much, is enough to give the game an extra dimension while not slowing the action down.

If you like fighting lots of different robots, and action packed bosses you'll probably like this game. While I enjoyed myself, I prefer RPG's, so I won't rate this higher than a 7,5, it's more for fps fans than for me.

-Visuals are very pretty and sci-fi Japan 2080
    -Sound is good, no annoying music scores that plague some shooters
    -gameplay is great, buddy system works great and is easy
    -fast action
    -if you like gears of war you'll like this game
  9. Apr 29, 2014
    I have never playing this game before and I sum up the score by 10. The Game-story is very good, the Graphics are awesome and the robots are so good .
  10. Dec 14, 2013
    great storyline had me hooked in mins i only paid 6 pounds for this game would willingly paid full price great graphics i would recommend this to all third person shooter fans give it a go you wont be disappointed
  11. Oct 23, 2013
    It is ok, I guess. Mediocre third person shooter and sadly a pretty bad console port. Nothing really stands out in this game.The graphics are fine but bad porting made it so the fps is often a single digit even on good hardware. Binary Domain has pretty much all the standard features of aTPS, basic story layout shooting cutscene shooting and so on. I`m not saying this alone is bad, no.It is ok, I guess. Mediocre third person shooter and sadly a pretty bad console port. Nothing really stands out in this game.The graphics are fine but bad porting made it so the fps is often a single digit even on good hardware. Binary Domain has pretty much all the standard features of aTPS, basic story layout shooting cutscene shooting and so on. I`m not saying this alone is bad, no. It can always be enriched to enhance the whole title., although here we have none of that. There are many varied levels, though it ends up always the same takig cover and shooting. The AI is good and varies depending on the type of enemy though again, not too many of those. There are few weapons, few skills, few upgrades, few items such as grenades. The controls take some time to get used to but generally are alright. I was bored within half of the story time (summed is approx. 10 hours from which 9 is gameplay) but I wanted to know what happens next. I just had to sit through all the blablablah bad dialogues to see it. Not to mention this game covered probably every action movie cliche ever made. The repetitive gameplay was sometimes interrupted by the level bosses which is a nice touch. All in all I can`t say I will remember Binary Domain, although I did wal through the whole thing so I guess I did enjoy it. A full 7 out of 10. Expand
  12. Oct 15, 2013
    Binary Domain is one of the best TPS out there. If you are looking for a shooter with a sci-fi robotic story, this is your game! Everyone who likes movies like IRobots, Terminator won't be disappointed. Badly the gameplay is just slightly over average. If a good story and average gameplay is for you enough, you will have a good time with this game.

Beside the campaign you get also a

Beside the campaign you get also a co-op mode (horde mode) which has a survival, team-play, resource management aspect in it. A surprising good game mode with rare connection issues. There is also a versus mode but better stay away from it. All the crashes and connection issues. It isn't worth the money (The connection issues are by far heavier than in the co-op mode).

Overall it is a great game and definitely a try worth!
  13. Aug 22, 2013
    Excelent game, very nice and original history, so much efficient and fun game play, excelent bosses. very nice graphics, totally deserve a sequel and more players, just need more freedom and more tactical commands and dialogs
  14. Aug 7, 2013
    So you bought Binary Domain for the PC. Too bad for you, because you didn't get a PC version. You got the worst piece of port job of all time, with absolutely retarded controls, where the faster you move your mouse, the slower the camera turns, literally. It's mandatory reverse mouse acceleration, because the game uses some retarded stick emulation bull****.

I know what the config

I know what the config utility is, and I know how to usually fix these things in games. I went as far as downloading a registry fix that universally disables all mouse acceleration, but nothing works to fix this festering pustule of a "PC" game. DO NOT waste one cent of your money on this unless you're fine with using a controller. A PC shooter should absolutely work with a mouse though (and if it doesn't it should feature a warning sticker half the size of the box), so I can't reward this absolute bull**** with a score any higher.
  15. Jul 30, 2013
    this game offers a great experience as it has a lot of action packed game play and interesting sci_fi story if you're interested in robots and so you'll surely like this game the game would have been perfect except for some problems like the beginning of the game needs some patient player if you get over it you'll play the game if not you'll never play it also the voice link wasthis game offers a great experience as it has a lot of action packed game play and interesting sci_fi story if you're interested in robots and so you'll surely like this game the game would have been perfect except for some problems like the beginning of the game needs some patient player if you get over it you'll play the game if not you'll never play it also the voice link was really bad it is broken and the controls are a mess and it doesn't have keyboard keys instead it show console keys which was frustrating to find but other than that the game was really good and fun Expand
  16. Jul 17, 2013
    Satisfactory shooting mechanics robots falling apart are awesome. Scrap-heads (as the main protagonist calls them) with both legs shot off, still crawling on the ground and trying to kill the PC invariably remind me of Terminator. Good stuff. Dialog is also well written, especially the humorous parts made me smile multiple times. The plot is rather simple but the presentation is good. IfSatisfactory shooting mechanics robots falling apart are awesome. Scrap-heads (as the main protagonist calls them) with both legs shot off, still crawling on the ground and trying to kill the PC invariably remind me of Terminator. Good stuff. Dialog is also well written, especially the humorous parts made me smile multiple times. The plot is rather simple but the presentation is good. If this game had bigger budget, it would be a hit. It lacks in level design (corridors, hangars, all similar, sterile and empty) and graphic effects (sparks, electric discharges, oil leaking out of robots, some particles flying in the air I miss such eye candy in this title). All in all, this is a good game and worth playing. Expand
  17. Jul 11, 2013
    I have no idea how this cheap-horribly-done-console-port can have score over 5. Graphic is mediocre at best, game-play is horrible, it feels like some beta version of game from 1999. Animation/character movement is a joke, person/team responsible for that should be fired. And the story? Did they assign it to their kids?
  18. Jun 11, 2013
    Definitely one of the best games i've EVER played. And i've played games since 1988 when i was 4 years old. Graphics wise this game could be better. But the story, the chemistry between your teammates, voice acting and animations make this game feel like a movie. And a good one! This is the most underrated game of 2012 and it's sad. I too thought that this was another shooter but boy was iDefinitely one of the best games i've EVER played. And i've played games since 1988 when i was 4 years old. Graphics wise this game could be better. But the story, the chemistry between your teammates, voice acting and animations make this game feel like a movie. And a good one! This is the most underrated game of 2012 and it's sad. I too thought that this was another shooter but boy was i surprised. Expand
  19. May 29, 2013
    I am bursting with accolades for this game. I am a third and first person shooter junkie of many years and for me, this is my second all-time favourite game after Halo Anniversary. BD almost slipped under my radar due to a lackluster advertising campaign in the West which reduced sales and pretty-much killed the chance of a sequel.

For me, Binary Domain ticks all the right boxes:

For me, Binary Domain ticks all the right boxes: engaging story and characters, smooth gameplay, crisp graphics, attention to detail, powerful weapons, interesting enemy AI and great music. Some have criticised the story and characters for being sterotypical and cliche-ridden. Although these elements might seem generic on the surface, there is a surprising amount of emotional depth attached to them and even a generic story can be enjoyable if it is intelligent, stylish and well-written, which this is. Personally, I think the writers and developers deserve multiple awards the game just stands that far above its shallow Western counterparts such as the Gears of War franchise.

The only real flaws are the ineffective voice recognition (which can easily be bypassed), the dead multiplayer and the meagre Invasion/Horde mode that is too difficult to play solo. Aside fom these aspects, I have no hesitation in recommending Binary Domain to all shooter fans.
  20. May 18, 2013
    I loved this game so much, in all it its aspects from live full of surprises personalities and funny positions also you need to have an idea for progress in the game the story that despite its simplicity, but it remains acceptable and I think the only problem that I encountered in the game is the camera where there is difficulty in guiding it horizontally  I hope that there is a secondI loved this game so much, in all it its aspects from live full of surprises personalities and funny positions also you need to have an idea for progress in the game the story that despite its simplicity, but it remains acceptable and I think the only problem that I encountered in the game is the camera where there is difficulty in guiding it horizontally  I hope that there is a second part after this part Expand
  21. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Binary Domain has awesome robots, memorable characters, exciting action scenes, good humour and some of the most advanced and realistic-looking models I have ever seen. All in all, Binary Domain is a great movie for science-fiction fans. Wait, did I just write movie? Yes I did. Why? Because Binary Domain should have been a movie. Instead it's a mediocre third-person cover-based shooter that isn't very difficult nor very inventive. It doesn't do what other shooters have done better. Everything down to the squadmates you've got feel and are broken, the friendly AI is horrendous to the point where it's simply broken, the scripted sequences with button-mashing events ridiculously out of place on the PC platform and yet I can't give this game anything lower than a 9. Much like Alpha Protocol it's a jewel in the rough, the characters and storyline are just so well developed that you simply have to like this game. On the plus-side, there are plenty of robots to shoot, the locations are very well designed (mostly, it tends to get a bit monotonous towards the end but at least it compensates for that by sending more robots your way. Boss fights tend to be long, drawn-out rinse-and-repeat sections but also provide an excuse to just unload everything at something huge and metallic) and the guns feel right. Despite being sort of forced into using your personal assault rifle, you can find guns along the way that'll be useful for the most part. I'd go into detail about explaining the game mechanics but they're somewhat broken, the most important thing about the RPG-side of the game is to get your trust level up with your teammates as it influences the ending you'll get. The problem is that in order to get their trust level up, you need to select them as part of your crew during missions and respond positively to their rants using either the broken voice-communication (yes, you can speak to the AI using a microphone but despite my microphone working well for on-line gaming, half the commands I gave ended up being interpreted in a way that just sabotaged my efforts so I turned it off in the second chapter and the game became a lot less frustrating) however, if you do not equip them as part of your team, accidentally shoot them or insult them somehow by not doing exactly as they say you'll lose trust in you. Lose enough trust and they won't obey orders any more. That's not the biggest problem, though. Sometimes, teammates disappear for huge stretches of the story which means you can't level their trust even if you wanted to and some of them disappear, never to be seen or heard of again. Oh and make sure you let the credits roll all the way, there's a surprise at the end. If you're a science-fiction fan you -must- play this game, if only to watch the cut-scenes! And be sure to play it on the highest difficulty, the game is not difficult for veteran gamers. Expand
  22. Mar 18, 2013
    great game amazing story good gameplay mechanics and love the trust system great cover system the minor g=complaint that I can say is the epicness it felt a little dull but overall a great game
  23. Mar 9, 2013
    I get across the game accidentally, while standing in queue in supermarket, they have a big screen near VIDEO department showing different trailers etc. There I saw the trailer of the game and I was curious the game looked very well, so I decided to try it.
    To put it in a nutshell the game is a masterpiece for me, I wasn't so happy and eager to play any game for last year after "Alan Wake". The plot is tasty and not trite heroes are all unique and humorous, graphic is top-notch (especially for game that needs less than 7Gb of HDdrive space some games take over 10 and are real trash devs of BD are magicians) the game looks adequate both on standard screen and HD, I really love the HUD style like in "the 3rd birthday" psp game.
    Not much games this days are this cool and worthwhile, and not much games this day get 10 out of 10, but this one should and would Thx devs for such a great game.
    PS. It's awful, but I could never find out about the game if no queue in supermarket and no trailer of the game on screen, this is all because of well-publicized titles of other games that now are usually is a waste, and such great games like BD stays in shadow for lots of ppl.
  24. Feb 10, 2013
    I simply love the game. The story is amazing, the characters quite deep, and at the end there is a twist after twist, but they all kinda make sense. It's not a soulless western Hollywood style game where everything is just a great dull cliché of political correctness Binary Domain has a soul, and a big one!

It's cool that your performance affects the trust of your teammates, and that

It's cool that your performance affects the trust of your teammates, and that the confidence they have in you directly impacts the outcome of the story. The enemies are just awesome, the fact that you can shot their legs, arms, heads off, and that what you with them alters their behavior in such a natural way that's just unseen anywhere else (at least I haven't heard of any other title with such a feature).

It's just so entertaining and the difficulty level just perfectly balanced: there is a challenge but at the same time you can relax and enjoy the action. Sure, there were moments I died a lot trying to kill some boss, but it was fun all the time, because I would eventually I manage to finish it before I started getting bored.

I tried to think of some flaws, maybe a reason no to give this game 10 out of 10, but frankly, I couldn't find any. This is a masterpiece.
  25. Jan 15, 2013
    Good game, I had tons of fun with it. Bad thing is.. it's just a lazy port, controls are a bit awkward as well as the camera movement. Boss battles are fun, you have to do different things to beat every one of them. With more polish it could have been an awesome game. Also, many may criticize the story, but I personally loved it. I'd love a sequel but seems like there won't be any as theGood game, I had tons of fun with it. Bad thing is.. it's just a lazy port, controls are a bit awkward as well as the camera movement. Boss battles are fun, you have to do different things to beat every one of them. With more polish it could have been an awesome game. Also, many may criticize the story, but I personally loved it. I'd love a sequel but seems like there won't be any as the game didn't get a good reception... Expand
  26. Jan 9, 2013
    This is a grossly underrated shooter. The action is good, robots crumble apart as you shoot them. This means locational damage. If you land headshots the robot will attack enemies for a time. Shoot their legs off and they crawl around. There are a few different types of robots, the little guys have problems navigating but the rest are a good variation and well designed. Boss battles areThis is a grossly underrated shooter. The action is good, robots crumble apart as you shoot them. This means locational damage. If you land headshots the robot will attack enemies for a time. Shoot their legs off and they crawl around. There are a few different types of robots, the little guys have problems navigating but the rest are a good variation and well designed. Boss battles are great and they are not stupidly hard as in many games of similar structure. At most they took me 2 attempts and I barely was forced into cover on normal. There was only one boss battle with an attack that caused an instant down state. They have weak points but I got a lot of fun from just about every boss. Characters are varied, fairly well voiced and compliment each other. The acting and story is very hammy but I also found great interest in the Hollow Children (robots who don't know they are robots). The protagonist is a fairly likeable character too. The visuals are well above average with some impressive vistas and good character models. Ran very well for me, controls are good with option to reconfigure. The cut scenes are excellent with great motion capture and action (they are skippable). The Voice recognition system is not perfect but it worked most of the time. Yell out "charge" to finish off the last few enemies or "regroup" when you need to get on an elevator to move to the next area. It's a good length game at around 9 hours. I didn't find that it repeated sequences or became a chore at any point. There are well placed breaks in the action that might have you zipping around on a jet ski or chatting to your squad in the slums beneath the city. One of the best shooters of 2012. Expand
  27. Jan 6, 2013
    Brilliant game! Do not miss it! The gameplay is buttery smooth, making it very satisfying to blast apart robots. The characters are in-depth, interesting and likable. The graphics and art direction are superbly. The boss battles are huge and impressive, making them very satisfying to take out. But most of all, the story in Binary Domain is top notch. This game will keep you interested fromBrilliant game! Do not miss it! The gameplay is buttery smooth, making it very satisfying to blast apart robots. The characters are in-depth, interesting and likable. The graphics and art direction are superbly. The boss battles are huge and impressive, making them very satisfying to take out. But most of all, the story in Binary Domain is top notch. This game will keep you interested from start to finish. Expand
  28. Jan 5, 2013
    Just finished the campaign. On one hand I felt like playing Mass Effect 3 (the same cover-based combat, crew members, relationships with them etc) on the other hand I felt like playing some arcade machine (like House Of The Dead with a plastic gun in you hand connected to the automat by a cable). The game is pretty dynamic, you won't get bored, though there are some annoying moments likeJust finished the campaign. On one hand I felt like playing Mass Effect 3 (the same cover-based combat, crew members, relationships with them etc) on the other hand I felt like playing some arcade machine (like House Of The Dead with a plastic gun in you hand connected to the automat by a cable). The game is pretty dynamic, you won't get bored, though there are some annoying moments like jet ski (which reminded me of Battletoads in a bad way) or boss battles like destroy all legs/motors/arms or whatever. The crew members are all great and memorable, though the relationships with them suffer from a lack of depth. There are some RPG elements like weapon upgrades and nanomachines (skills). The graphics are decent, the cut scenes are really awesome. I'd say that this game has all AAA-class project attributes. And I don't understand why it doesn't become a hit. Probably there were no budget for big advertisement/marketing to make hype around the game. P.S. I've played with mouse/keyboard. Everything was OK, I had no problems at all. I didn't try the microphone voice command system, but had no problems with giving orders from my keyboard. Expand
  29. Jan 2, 2013
    This game really took me by surprise.The game has plenty of flaws. There are some terrible vehicle sections, the voice acting of some minor characters are laughable bad, the checkpoint system is annoying, the story can be a little to melodramatic at times, the voice recognition simply do not work , the conversation choices can sometimes be quite vague and the game is overall quite roughThis game really took me by surprise.The game has plenty of flaws. There are some terrible vehicle sections, the voice acting of some minor characters are laughable bad, the checkpoint system is annoying, the story can be a little to melodramatic at times, the voice recognition simply do not work , the conversation choices can sometimes be quite vague and the game is overall quite rough around the edges. The game do however have charm. The story is actually quite good and really interesting and i became really quite attached to the characters. Sure the story is cheesy and sometimes quite predictable but it got charm just like a good B-movie. The campaign is around 10 hours long and have a decent area-variety. There isn't a whole lot of different weapons but the enemy variety is extremely good and you get to fight a huge amount of different cool robots that actually act like robots. There is also plenty of boss battles which is nice even though most of them is you dodging and shooting the highlighted area. The conversation-system is enjoyable even though it lacks any major impact and the "rpg" elements works alright. The game is in no way perfect but if you have an interest in shooters or is a fan of the setting i would definitely recommend giving this game a shot since the game is quite different from other games in the same genre. Expand
  30. Dec 31, 2012
    The duck n' cover genre of games are a relatively successful one. Most of the titles are very good, particularly the Gears of War franchise. Binary Domain is the latest in the franchise that is very similar to the GoW games but just not as good. The best things about BD is the gameplay. It's clean, efficient and free of glitches unlike Max Payne 3 which uses the same type of system butThe duck n' cover genre of games are a relatively successful one. Most of the titles are very good, particularly the Gears of War franchise. Binary Domain is the latest in the franchise that is very similar to the GoW games but just not as good. The best things about BD is the gameplay. It's clean, efficient and free of glitches unlike Max Payne 3 which uses the same type of system but not as well oddly enough. The weapon and skill upgrades are simple with purchases made from kills. Weapon wheel is a bit clunky with no help from the mouse wheel (can't be mapped). Reticule is clear and direct which gives easy aim for all weapons (again, unlike MP3). The cover function works perfectly. It's realistic in terms of exposure from incoming fire and movement between cover is quick and direct. Character movement is fast but suffers from some difficulty by having the same key mapped for 'run' as well as 'cover' actions. The designs of the buildings, robots and costumes are excellent. They are very detailed and creative, particularly the bosses. The FMV is very well rendered with vibrant definition in the human faces and their movement. There is only ONE glitch that I found in the entire game and it's a small one: the character's belt vibrates erratically as he moves. It looks like a crazed fanny pack. The difficulty is adequate and not very challenging when fighting the usual drone bots. The bosses are the opposite as they are very hard to defeat at times. The character goes from different battle scenarios that are very exciting and packed with bullet-spewing fun. The team commands work well but don't really affect the situations enough to warrant consistent use. The biggest fault in BD is the story. It's almost the same as the story from the last Battlestar Galactica series. The story is unoriginal and corny and the dialogue is absolutely horrendous. It was so painful to wade through (no way to forward it either) the stupid and insipid script between Bo and Dan. Bo's stereotypical "homeboy" dialogue is so not needed in this time period and sounds totally ridiculous. The music is terrible with it's silly techno that takes away from the tone of the game. If the game removed most of the dialogue and streamlined the game more away from the redundant fire fights it would've been perfect. As it is now - it's a hell of an action game with stunning visuals and gameplay. Just play it without the sound if possible. Expand
  31. Dec 24, 2012
    What are the strong points?
    - Story driven with many cut scenes
    - Respond to your party member question and influence them positively or negatively. - Use keyboard or microphone to control actions party member. Like fire, regroup, attack, etc - Powerup stats of player and/ or weapon. - Very diverse robots - Huge Robot bosses Negative points: - Party members sometimes walk in
    What are the strong points?
    - Story driven with many cut scenes
    - Powerup stats of player and/ or weapon.
    - Very diverse robots
    - Huge Robot bosses

Negative points:
    - Party members sometimes walk in front of your firingl line. Their AI is not always correct.

Recommend if you like shooter, robots (mechs), Sci-fi near future world , story.
  32. Dec 24, 2012
    A terrible console port that would be otherwise nothing special anyway. Finishing this game would be painful,and I do not want to dull my gaming abilities by playing more of this. Everytime I see those people struggling in "your favourite online fps" I can't help wonder if games like these destroyed their common sense.
  33. Dec 22, 2012
    Sad story of a brilliant game just not getting good enough advertisement.

Try it now you've finally heard of it, if you like cover shooters, you'll love it.
  34. Nov 13, 2012
    I recommend a 360 controller for sure - I am using voice commands with 98% recognition (LB can issue commands very easily though). I bought this game expecting it to be horrible, but the graphics are beautiful and run silky-smooth. The voice acting is top notch and the CG animations are OMG to die for!

After I found the work-around to make my wired 3rd party xbox controller to work I found this to be an amazing game. It is so immersive with a robust well conceived story that seemed custom-tailored to me (nice to have a story at all these days). I don't get too excited about games, but I would have paid full price for this game. I feel dirty and shameful for only having paid $5 for this title.

Extremely underrated!
  35. Aug 14, 2012
    13+ hours of pure cinematic fun, at least the first playthrough, I'm going for the second since there is a new difficulty level and different endings! The gameplay is like Gears of War, the cover system and the movement, but the shootouts are with robots. Robots that not only react dinamically to your strategies but you can actually "handicap" them if you aim at certain spots, for example13+ hours of pure cinematic fun, at least the first playthrough, I'm going for the second since there is a new difficulty level and different endings! The gameplay is like Gears of War, the cover system and the movement, but the shootouts are with robots. Robots that not only react dinamically to your strategies but you can actually "handicap" them if you aim at certain spots, for example : if you take out the head, their aiming system goes nuts, if you aim for the legs, they crawl, if you aim for the arm... well they won't hold a weapon anymore. The shooting with petty robots is fun, and so are the big robot boss fights, kind of reminds me of Monster Hunter in the slightest. Finally, the great part is the RPG part, you build trust levels with your comrades, talk to them, get to know them, you split up, choose your team, you respond to them, I really like that, it reminds me of Mass Effect (althought the system is not THAT deep, but still pretty nice). The only fault with this game is it's Voice Recognition system, turned off immediately. I've played the whole experience with a controller, but there is nothing wrong with the keyboard controls that you can modify in the configuration. Definitely underrated, love it. Expand
  36. Aug 6, 2012
    A game that showed me much promise but just failed. The voice acting is godawful, the controls are stiff and unresponsive, the graphics are completely unconfigurable, changing the settings in-game is disabled - you can only change your binds or mouse sensitivity in the game configurator which has to be run separately. The gameplay is generic and bland, however demolishing enemy robots doesA game that showed me much promise but just failed. The voice acting is godawful, the controls are stiff and unresponsive, the graphics are completely unconfigurable, changing the settings in-game is disabled - you can only change your binds or mouse sensitivity in the game configurator which has to be run separately. The gameplay is generic and bland, however demolishing enemy robots does feel satisfying. The story is interesting but I couldn't play the game more than after the first 3 levels or so - I had so many graphical glitches and the controls made me go insane. The voice recognition software is a total mess - my 100$ microphone that I use in teamspeak and skype fails to cooperate with this game. I have to repeat certain words at least three times to get a response from the game and configuring the recognition to work is a pain in the ass. I shut off voice recognition after the part where I am told to shout charge - I sat there for about 20 minutes, saying the word charge in what different tones I could find with no effect.
    What seems to be a great game piled under all these problems could be fixed, but never will be.
  37. Jul 22, 2012
    This game was amazing. The SP lasted a total of 9 hours for me and it by far has the best story line of any game I have seen this year or even in the last 5 years.

Ill just copy and paste my steam recommendation for the rest. A suprisingly good game. The reviews made it out to be a turd, but this game was great. It had a really good story with very well done characters, some pretty

Ill just copy and paste my steam recommendation for the rest.

A suprisingly good game. The reviews made it out to be a turd, but this game was great. It had a really good story with very well done characters, some pretty heavy choices, a great variety of enemies, over a dozen unique boss fights, and great all be it a somewhat generic gunplay. The only thing I found wrong with the game was the voice recognition if you physically wanted to talk to your teammates it doesnt work very well, but can be disabled and completely ignored thanks to ingame command options that pop up during conversations. I highly recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of futuristic/scifi stories and doesnt mind plenty of run and gun action. On a final note I was suprised to see that I had a total of 9.1 hours gameplay which is amazing seeing as more and more games are cutting SP short in exchange for more MP content. P.S. Dont skip the credits there is a special treat at the end.

I pray this game gets a sequel and I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as i did.
  38. Jul 15, 2012
    Das Game ist ja mal sowas von UNTERBEWERTET !!!! Beim zocken musste ich immer an Ghost in the Shell und Isaac Asimov denken. Die Technische Seite ist auch vollkommen in Ordnung (mal was anderes als dauernd mit Unrealengines und Co zugeballert zu werden), da sehr detailreiche Gegner und passendes Leveldesign. Das Coversystem von GoW funzt auch einwandfrei, nur das vollquatschen des TeamsDas Game ist ja mal sowas von UNTERBEWERTET !!!! Beim zocken musste ich immer an Ghost in the Shell und Isaac Asimov denken. Die Technische Seite ist auch vollkommen in Ordnung (mal was anderes als dauernd mit Unrealengines und Co zugeballert zu werden), da sehr detailreiche Gegner und passendes Leveldesign. Das Coversystem von GoW funzt auch einwandfrei, nur das vollquatschen des Teams ist leider noch nicht so ausgereift (fehlerquote ist zu hoch), kann man aber auch ganz gut so zocken über die selektierbaren Befehle. Naja schade - da Tiefgreifende Storys mittlerweile Out sind, man lieber nur öden austauschbaren Shootereinerlei gut bewertet, werden wir hier kaum eine Fortsetzung erwarten können (was aber nicht verkehrt ist, da das Game in sich abgeschlossen ist und als solches ohne Fortsetzung stehen bleiben kann).
    MfG
  39. Jul 13, 2012
    This is a port from Console to PC and a horrid one at that. The the makers did zero effort to make the controls on the PC feel right and good. The Voice sound system is weak and fail. Your AI "Buddies" you fight with get annoying with all the constant pointless dialog they engage you in and seem to be PMSing (Both males, Females and the Robots) when you do the slightest thing they do notThis is a port from Console to PC and a horrid one at that. The the makers did zero effort to make the controls on the PC feel right and good. The Voice sound system is weak and fail. Your AI "Buddies" you fight with get annoying with all the constant pointless dialog they engage you in and seem to be PMSing (Both males, Females and the Robots) when you do the slightest thing they do not like. The game's models (Weapons, Armor, etc) are VERY VERY basic. ((WARNING: Don't be confused by anything that might lead you to believe that this is a story co-op game.....it is not.)) Expand
  40. Jul 9, 2012
    An enjoyable console-esque shooter adventure buoyed by an interesting story, amusing squad banter and nice visuals. Much better than reviews and even the demo led me to believe. A bit of a pain in the neck to get used to the oddball key bindings but this is sorted out after five minutes.
  41. Jun 17, 2012
    I'm not sure if I played the same game everyone else has.This game is totally one of the best Third Person Shooters I have ever played.Awesome graphics,great music,engaging and interesting story and solid gameplay.What else can I expect?

Of course there were some flaws in the PC port,but those can be fixed as easily as running the configuration tool and doing small options tweaks,like showing keyboard buttons for example,something people have complained about.They patched the game for those options to be default now anyways,so there's no problem anymore.

Seriously,this is a must-play for anyone with a slight interest in shooters and/or cyberpunk-themed stuff.
  42. Jun 10, 2012
    I enjoyed this game a lot more than I expected to. Yes, the controls are a little wonky because it was a console port, but the story is fun, the boss fights are amazing, and there's a lot of variety, from your usual shoot-em-up to highway chases, jet skis and all sorts of other stuff. It's like a Michael Bay movie - lots of explosions and over-the-top action sequences. Best of all, I neverI enjoyed this game a lot more than I expected to. Yes, the controls are a little wonky because it was a console port, but the story is fun, the boss fights are amazing, and there's a lot of variety, from your usual shoot-em-up to highway chases, jet skis and all sorts of other stuff. It's like a Michael Bay movie - lots of explosions and over-the-top action sequences. Best of all, I never felt like I was just gunning my way through wave after wave of enemies. They put enough changes in environment and boss fights to break up any monotony. Expand
  43. Jun 3, 2012
    Hollow Children is not new idea in science fiction, but it can show a lot more interesting than it's done in this game. The idea fell apart into small pieces, just as destructible throughout the game thousands of identical dummy. From such a miserable fate were rescued just bosses, but most of the time passed in the horrific corridors, closed streets and small venues. Heroes, control by aHollow Children is not new idea in science fiction, but it can show a lot more interesting than it's done in this game. The idea fell apart into small pieces, just as destructible throughout the game thousands of identical dummy. From such a miserable fate were rescued just bosses, but most of the time passed in the horrific corridors, closed streets and small venues. Heroes, control by a player, no different from the robotic enemies, to breathe life by the spanned jokes didn't happen. Together with the monotonous gray shades, everything that happens leads to a terrible depression. Expand
  44. May 17, 2012
    I was surprised but this one! Its a game that is just fun to play. True its just the same as on the consoles which is a shame but graphics does not make a game more fun. Story is ok and the dialog between you and you're squad can be funny at times. Story build up a bit slow tho. You can buy upgrades for you or a squad mates weapon with credits earned by killing enemy's and buy perks at aI was surprised but this one! Its a game that is just fun to play. True its just the same as on the consoles which is a shame but graphics does not make a game more fun. Story is ok and the dialog between you and you're squad can be funny at times. Story build up a bit slow tho. You can buy upgrades for you or a squad mates weapon with credits earned by killing enemy's and buy perks at a store which has a little lottery at the end :). if you are lucky you will get an random item. When you 'die' you can heal yourself with a med kit or let a teammate do it for you...but they have a limited supply of them. The real fun is in killing the robots, they splatter all over you're screen.... robots part going every where. when you shot of there legs the crawl towards you or pick up a gun and continue firing ....very well done imo. I do recommend using a controller for this one and the voice recognition does not work for me at all, not that you need it :p. Its a solid 8 from me . Very happy that the game made its way to PC.
    If you like third person shooters you should check this game out or if you hate robots this game is for you! Shooting robots in this game never gets old!
  45. May 15, 2012
    Jusr finished playing through this, and I can say that while this game came out with a lot of problems(messy controls, console graphics, etc) I enjoyed playing it. The story while not that great kept me interested enough to keep playing. I really liked the bosses, the desgn. In my honest opinion killing the bastards was the most satisfying thing i ever had in a while. It wasn't great but IJusr finished playing through this, and I can say that while this game came out with a lot of problems(messy controls, console graphics, etc) I enjoyed playing it. The story while not that great kept me interested enough to keep playing. I really liked the bosses, the desgn. In my honest opinion killing the bastards was the most satisfying thing i ever had in a while. It wasn't great but I can tell you it is good and [spoiler] FUN [/spoiler] . Expand
  46. May 11, 2012
    All right, after I'd watched several console gameplay videos of BD, I decided to give this game a try when it was finally released for PC. As a huge fan of dark, apocalyptic and rather pessimistic visions of the future of mankind (don't get me wrong, I still believe in humanity, I'd even briefly considered Sarif's point of view before I dismissed that claim and inclined to Taggart'sAll right, after I'd watched several console gameplay videos of BD, I decided to give this game a try when it was finally released for PC. As a huge fan of dark, apocalyptic and rather pessimistic visions of the future of mankind (don't get me wrong, I still believe in humanity, I'd even briefly considered Sarif's point of view before I dismissed that claim and inclined to Taggart's opinion in DE: HR, but anyway!) I was quite looking forward to playing this SEGA's (Nihon-tachi, uh, Japanese, right?) take on a classical western TPS. Moreover, I've always been fascinated by the advanced virtual intelligence research (Isaac Asimov, Matrix, Edi...and Geth...oh wait! The Red Explosion Ending...meh, never mind then) and so I was awaiting with much anticipation what SEGA could come up with. And deliver, they did!
    At the very beginning, we're presented with a fact that around 2080 there are two world corporations producing robots, one in the US (surprisingly!) and another one in Japan, the latter going later rogue and producing robots indistinguishable from humans and so the US with the help of several other nations establishes a covert-op group called The Rust Crew (Rusty Galloway, anyone, no? eh...) and dispatches it to secretly investigate experiments conducted by this (evil!) Japanese corp. The overall story is suprisingly gripping, with several major twists and also the fact that all friendly humans might not be REAL flesh and blood under their skin nor are they even aware of it! (goosebumps!). During this approximately 10-13 hours long ride you can slightly alternate the story with several choices, so yes, some basics of non-linearity can be found there. Throughout the game, you expand your Rust Crew and always run around with two (later even 3!) squadmates, giving them orders, building their trust in you by responding to their various, sometimes even a little bit dumb, questions, nevertheless!, BD still manages to keep you interested in what's going on, jokes and teasing in cutscenes and even in gameplay are served on daily basis. And by the end, I really cared about the characters, they were incredibly well-written (even if a little bit stereotypical - British, Chinese, French, only Russian is missing, ha!). Of course, Mass Effect is still in the Premier League regarding the squadmates, but BD is a decent opponent! Another thing is that you can upgrade all weapons (those of your squadmates as well) via special shops scattered throughout all chapters and also, through this little micro-management thing, your skills long for improvement too!
    Anyway, long story short - It's a very good game worth buying and trying. Even though the soundtrack is far beyond memorable, graphics have seen better days and the main motifs of some characters flirt with being double, even triple-agents, the engaging story, light RPG elements and the idea of a well-coordinated team (+killing hundreds of robots IS extremely satisfying, definitely! And then there are BOSS FIGHTS! Real, Japanese boss fights!!! Fascinating!) can more than make up for the aforementioned cons.
    As for me (and by the time you read this, you've probably guessed it), I had a great time playing Binary Domain and therefore, I would gladly recommend it to anyone, who isn't afraid of a little challenge (and who likes robots, "scrap-heads!" and BOSS FIGHTS!) and doesn't mind certain light-heartiness of this surprisingly well working Nihon-West hybrid. (and BTW, the problems with controls can be solved quite easily via the Config option after clicking on Play, just making sure!) Tanoshimu, minna!
  47. May 8, 2012
    A super game, challenging (at least for me) and entertaining. I agree that the story line was somewhat simplistic, but it still held my attention. The "boss fights" were frequent and great and the characters were people that you could relate to. My only real problem was the number and length of the cut scenes. I realize that the game contained a story, but there must be a less annoyingA super game, challenging (at least for me) and entertaining. I agree that the story line was somewhat simplistic, but it still held my attention. The "boss fights" were frequent and great and the characters were people that you could relate to. My only real problem was the number and length of the cut scenes. I realize that the game contained a story, but there must be a less annoying way of getting the plot across. Also, I agree with the others, instructions are needed on how to convert the game to PC controls. Expand
  48. May 7, 2012
    One of the best FPS ive been playing for a while, a great characters, great story, nice setting, a unique plot, really, only one minus is that PC version is a bad port, otherwise it would be10/10.

For the whole game, it really is a good game, if you let it inside you, if you dont mind clunky controlls. One of the best FPSs this year, and one of the best FPSs ive played in my life,

One of the best FPSs this year, and one of the best FPSs ive played in my life, looking forward to Binary Domain 2. Cheers Koty.
  49. May 7, 2012
    Binary domain is an interesting game. It uses a relatively new idea to the world "possessed" by the robots. Despite the fact that the main thread of the plot is easy to expanding it so that it can draw some. For this quite interesting, and generally fun to be in the game. It's nice to kill a large amount of robots that quickly. It is a pity that a large part of the game, however, was rudeBinary domain is an interesting game. It uses a relatively new idea to the world "possessed" by the robots. Despite the fact that the main thread of the plot is easy to expanding it so that it can draw some. For this quite interesting, and generally fun to be in the game. It's nice to kill a large amount of robots that quickly. It is a pity that a large part of the game, however, was rude taken from Gears Of War, to the Japanese feel a little spoiled, then the boring and the game. My rating -7/10 Expand
  50. May 6, 2012
    A sound 7. Consolish graphics. Good design. Interesting story. Nice characters. Could have been more deep gameplay wise and have better graphics on PC (using 40% of a GTX570 at 60fps (capped) and only 450MB of video memory) so overall it is a 7.
  51. May 6, 2012
    I am gone be very honest, Binary Domain for PC is very bad game. As soon as you installed it, it is obvious that Binary Domain is console game and in my opinion it should had stayed console game. Reason are many, graphic is old style, sound is mediocre, theme or story is very very boring, but the main reasons why i think that Binary Domain should stayed on consoles is fact that it isI am gone be very honest, Binary Domain for PC is very bad game. As soon as you installed it, it is obvious that Binary Domain is console game and in my opinion it should had stayed console game. Reason are many, graphic is old style, sound is mediocre, theme or story is very very boring, but the main reasons why i think that Binary Domain should stayed on consoles is fact that it is unusable without a PC controller. It is frustrating to play it on keyboard ( just for you to know i tried to play it on controller ). You have to ask yourself is something wrong with my hardware ( keyboard or controller ) or with my intelligence. I spent some 45 minutes just to configure game and start playing. Gameplay is similar to Resident Evil Operation Recon City. Very low gameplay. I question myself why the game developers, such as these, think that this mess could be interesting or playable. Rarely I said that some game is disaster, and a verdict; Binary Domain for PC is a ripoff ! Expand
  52. May 4, 2012
    Would have been a 7.5, but it rounds to 8. ####pro: enjoyable NPC's robots can be shattered wonderful atmosphere receptive support/post release patching enjoyable story ####con: Some poor performance when mass rockets are fired and bosses explode a bit of tearing in cutscenes forces slow walking sections
  53. May 4, 2012
    1st thing: It's a blattant Port from Console to PC, and a bad one at that.... Graphics, sound and fighting are ok. The enemies and boss are generics but do their job well. Got to love how the basic robot grunts are dimembered, but still want to fight...... Now here's the trouble part: controls. It was designed for the PS3 and probably play well with that controller, but it's a real mess1st thing: It's a blattant Port from Console to PC, and a bad one at that.... Graphics, sound and fighting are ok. The enemies and boss are generics but do their job well. Got to love how the basic robot grunts are dimembered, but still want to fight...... Now here's the trouble part: controls. It was designed for the PS3 and probably play well with that controller, but it's a real mess with a mouse/keyboard. Clunky mouse movement... The button you have to push and hold to focus on who talks to you should have been a on/off button. Right now, you have to WASD with that button pressed... Press the 'answer' button to have a list of answers to someone, and try to select one. Arrows, WASD, mouse, etc... No way I could select the proper answer. And peoples are supposed to like you less if you shoot them or if you don't answer them!... All control changes must be done outside the game, with another setup program... OH!... while in control setup, don't forget to choose Keyboard instead of controller, cuz the program is not smart enough to tell if you're using a mouse or a controller. Else you'll see controller button when a hint appears......... Less than stellar game with an abysimal lack of effort to make it PC friendly...... Don't bother unless a serious patch is released and when serious price drop happens... Expand
  54. May 4, 2012
    I completed the game yesterday and I don't know if it's just me being weird, but I really liked this game. It has a very interesting story with twists, good characters and dialogue, awesome over-the-top action and really interesting and detailed robot design, + the graphics look good (not the best, definitely not the worst, but very good).

Now the thing most people here complain about-

Now the thing most people here complain about- almost non-working controls has been fixed with the latest patch. The controls are still a bit iffy, but definitely nothing game-breaking, I was able to complete the game without any problems. It's a solid game, give it a try!
  55. May 2, 2012
    A great game totally ruined by simple issues.

I'm not sure what the thought process was behind the implementation of controls for this port, but it's clear that the console controls have simply been pasted to PC. Primary issue: The mouse now maddeningly functions like a control stick, mouse acceleration is off the charts Other issues: Want to move around in the menus with your mouse?
    A great game totally ruined by simple issues.

Primary issue:

Other issues:
    Want to move around in the menus with your mouse?
    Nope.

Want to scroll through items with arrow keys?
    Then you'll be moving with them also.

Use your ESC key to pause the action like ...you know...in EVERY other game?
    Make sure you rebind it in the config file first.

Reverse your vehicle?
    Same key as reload, so unless you stick with the crazy defaults get used to reversing with "R".

There are lesser issues, such as no FOV control and things like that, the game is actually quite good aside from one or two gameplay gripes, but the mouse issue really takes all the joy out of the action...especially when things get overwhelming.

Considering how great the game generally looks...and how well it runs for me with everything on max I'm surprised by the controls issue.
    Surely its a lesser issue to get the mouse to function like any other game than it is to include support for my max resolution,AA and HBAO/SBAO etc????

Such a simple issue would surely increase sales if fixed.

Baffling.
  56. May 1, 2012
    Most people complaining here are just dumb who can't even check the "Configure Binary Domain" option when you click Play. You can deactivate the Xbox controller layout and activate the PC one. You can also turn off the Voice system (which didn't work for me so I had to do it) and use the tab button and choose one of the options to answer instead.

It's not a GOTY, but it's pretty fun if

It's not a GOTY, but it's pretty fun if you can configure it right instead of whinning without even knowing is possible to change most of the things the haters are whinning about. Great action, good boss battles. Couldn't ask more in a TPS.

The main plot is not original (man vs machine cliche) but the story is satisfactory. The trust system could be improved tho, it's not the best. Another flaw is the FOV, don't play near the monitor or will may have a headache.
  57. May 1, 2012
    Love it or hate it !!!
    For me it was a GREAT GAME not the best of course but great. I just finished it and it was a very satisfying experience but i recommend a gamepad because there are just too many buttons and battles can be a bit frustrating at times...
  58. May 1, 2012
    bad sound control system and they are not offer an alternative one. story and graphic are not worth the money. terrible optimize for PC. totally a failure.
  59. Apr 30, 2012
    Totally messed up controls. I am surprised mouse is supported at all. Game is introducing you to these messed up commands by messages which contain pictures of gamepad buttons and NO actual keyboard input. Its amazing that anyone can get such a complex project to this stage and forget to update few VERY important introductory messages.
  60. Apr 30, 2012
    This game is good!!!! nice to play....however not too different from other shooters....atmosphere of the game is good..accompanied by decent engaging music.....the voice command system may not be appreciated by all players....ai shooter teammates are dull.....gameplay is similar to gears of war....
  61. Apr 29, 2012
    This game seals the deal of the term "console port" it's just awful. I'll make it easy and just list the problems with it. Configuration tool doesn't work, it only works with the resolution but not your AA settings...or anything else for that matter. I had to manually tweak my graphics settings via Nvidia control panel, sad times. Then there's the awful controls. I mean, who do they hireThis game seals the deal of the term "console port" it's just awful. I'll make it easy and just list the problems with it. Configuration tool doesn't work, it only works with the resolution but not your AA settings...or anything else for that matter. I had to manually tweak my graphics settings via Nvidia control panel, sad times. Then there's the awful controls. I mean, who do they hire to lay out the controls? A monkey could do a better job. And whats the deal with the voice input? Why was that such a huge deal with this game? Every time a cutscene would end I'd have to see flashing words on the screen saying that my voice input has been disabled; yes I get it, I did that because I'm not one for yelling into my computer, if I wanted to do that I would just play a filthy console. Graphics: In and out. Some parts look nice while others are horrid. There's a problem with checker boarding all through the game. I tried this on a single GTX 580, GTX 580 with SLI enabled and a GTX 560ti, so it's obviously the game. But again, what do you expect from a console port?

The movement isn't solid, it's obviously meant to be played with a controller that takes you 4 minutes to turn 360 degrees, no pun intended. You get this weird graphics glitch with your characters gear when you turn around all the way and it's just annoying. The whole cover system is awful and there's at least 10 functions for the space key so when you're trying to do one thing it does another. I can't think of a single thing that is good about this game except the ability upgrade your guns. They really should've just stuck with consoles only and if anything, stuck this on steam for $5.00. I understand PC is used for a second release for games after the rest of the developers come back from their month-long vacations but this isn't right. This is a complete rip-off of the consumer and THIS is why people pirate games. If you can't develop games correctly for PC than don't do it at all, don't waste time, money, and resources. In the end, these Metacritics will hurt you SEGA, I hope you learn a valuable lesson in this.
  62. Apr 29, 2012
    Storyline is as if written by grade schoolers, controls scheme is haphazard and over the place at best, control itself feels wooden, graphics are mediocre, voiceover is not that bad, the shredding of enemies is nice, the voice command is a disaster, the loyalty system a cheap ripoff. I doubt they did any playtesting on PC at all, or that the ones responsible for porting ever had a look atStoryline is as if written by grade schoolers, controls scheme is haphazard and over the place at best, control itself feels wooden, graphics are mediocre, voiceover is not that bad, the shredding of enemies is nice, the voice command is a disaster, the loyalty system a cheap ripoff. I doubt they did any playtesting on PC at all, or that the ones responsible for porting ever had a look at how e.g. control should be done.
    This game is a badly done console port which tried to be original but failed miserably. Verdict: pick up something else.
  63. Apr 29, 2012
    Worst Console Port I've ever seen, questioning whether they tested before the release. The Keyboard and Mouse is simply unplayable, literally, and the config is just not working at all, e.g. It shows press "space" but in fact "E" is the key, and you can't even select the menu using a keyboard. Xbox 360 controller? No, besides the unhandled preference, LB buttons crashes the applicationWorst Console Port I've ever seen, questioning whether they tested before the release. The Keyboard and Mouse is simply unplayable, literally, and the config is just not working at all, e.g. It shows press "space" but in fact "E" is the key, and you can't even select the menu using a keyboard. Xbox 360 controller? No, besides the unhandled preference, LB buttons crashes the application while LT RT not working at all. Despite the unplayable part, the game playing is fine, consolidate frame rate and graphic, I give 1 mark for that. Also it'll give a 9 marks for Xbox 360 version of this game although it's not running @1080p. Expand
  64. Apr 28, 2012
    This game just doesn't even deserve to come out for the PC.
    They have shown just jarringly little respect to PC gamers, there is little reason to speak of anything else. Forgive me for not talking about the game as a whole but the first 10 minutes will be enough for people playing on the PC.
    This game just doesn't even deserve to come out for the PC.

You load it up, you are given a diagonal menu bar which only reacts to A and D. But then, you must try your entire keyboard to find what they have used for ENTER. And then there is more ridiculousness trying to go back a step in the menu tree. ESCAPE?? no, BACKSPACE? no.. ENTER, SURELY, no. I couldn't tell you how i managed to go back, i still don't know. It was discovered in a claustrophobic frenzy of button mashing.

So then if you're lucky you might get to start a game, and then you'll be immediately greeted with the same problem greatly enhanced in glorious 3D. Instead of just being awkward though, the tutorial section for example has pop ups on the screen with X BOX CONTROLS. So you're looking for Y thinking ' thats a fking funny key to use for..". And then you find that ITS NOT EVEN THE Y ON YOUR KB!!
    And then they just kick dirt in your mouth by giving the next set of controls in the language of shoulder buttons, top left and top right. Its a pathetic farce of a joke.

You spend a couple of years making a game and it goes to sh!t in its entirety because some idiot made the "money saving decision" to spit in the PC version while it was being brewed.

The game is tat, don't waste your time, let alone your money.
  65. Apr 28, 2012
    This is probably the worst console port i have ever played. There is no support for 16:10 resolution. Meaning you will have black bars on top and bottom of the screen. Control scheme is simply pathetic. Who made it was probably drunk at the time. if you don't have or not planning on buying X360 controller, then forget about this game. Because playing it with mouse and keyboard is anThis is probably the worst console port i have ever played. There is no support for 16:10 resolution. Meaning you will have black bars on top and bottom of the screen. Control scheme is simply pathetic. Who made it was probably drunk at the time. if you don't have or not planning on buying X360 controller, then forget about this game. Because playing it with mouse and keyboard is an disaster at best. On top of that every control in the game is shown with X360 button icons. Video options are minimalistic. Pathetic console port that every true PC gamer will piss on. Expand
  66. Apr 28, 2012
    WARNING!

Worst Console port ever! Unplayable without an Xbox 360 controller. The mic input stuff is beyond horrible, just like any other since the first SOCOM game.

STAY AWAY.
  67. May 1, 2012

It's not a GOTY, but it's pretty fun if

1. Jul 3, 2012
    Less Hot Shots and more Hot Fuzz. [July 2012, p.66]
  2. Jun 19, 2012
    The robots blow up good, otherwise this ho-hum shooter fumbles its few ideas and is a shonky port to boot. [Aug 2012, p.58]
    If you can get over the weak beginning the game will catch you – Binary Domain is a breathtaking shooter set in a Hollywood style. A must-have for all fans of "robots-went-angry" situation. [June 2012]