Bionic Commando Rearmed PC

7.0

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Very well remade 8-bit classic. Nice looking 2D world with 3D graphics tons of extra content, and still very challenging gameplay. The only thing that really bugged me though are the frustrating swing controls. Running, shooting, it all works fine as far as platformers go, but swinging with the bionic can be very frustrating at times. Sure it takes a bit of practice to get the hang of itVery well remade 8-bit classic. Nice looking 2D world with 3D graphics tons of extra content, and still very challenging gameplay. The only thing that really bugged me though are the frustrating swing controls. Running, shooting, it all works fine as far as platformers go, but swinging with the bionic can be very frustrating at times. Sure it takes a bit of practice to get the hang of it but even then it's quite easy to make a mistake, a fatal mistake most of the time as you will most likely fall in a hole or on spikes. There are just too many ways of swinging to bind it to just one single button and a thumbstick.
    But even though frustrating at times it's still a quality platformer that is capable of giving you a good fun and a good challange.
  2. Jul 18, 2013
    Bionic Commando Rearmed is a reboot for NES classic Bionic Commando. There are some added features like new graphics and being able to switch weapons easily during missions but the gameplay is pretty much the same as back then. Problem is that I really like the old pixel art and the new "style" doesn't quite fit the atmosphere. It's still definitely a fun and good game but I recommendBionic Commando Rearmed is a reboot for NES classic Bionic Commando. There are some added features like new graphics and being able to switch weapons easily during missions but the gameplay is pretty much the same as back then. Problem is that I really like the old pixel art and the new "style" doesn't quite fit the atmosphere. It's still definitely a fun and good game but I recommend playing the old one on Nintendo or setting up an emulator to enjoy the original experience. Expand
  3. slimboyfat06
    Oct 4, 2008
    Not as good as I expected. Am I missing something?

The soundtrack to Bionic Commando: Rearmed is a fantastic piece of work, a deft contemporary reworking of classic 8-bit NES tunes. In fact, it's so good that Capcom put it up for sale on the iTunes Store months ago to build hype for the game.
    From top to bottom, Bionic Commando Rearmed is an incredible game that's well worth owning.
  3. BCR is at once beautifully reminiscent of its era, and polished enough to be palatable to a modern audience. The core grappling and swinging mechanic is satisfying, the weapons a joy to wield and the levels are imaginatively designed.