7.8

1. Nov 12, 2013
    I see that Irrational's devs and advertisers are already doing their stuff, as usual waiting for user scoring to unlock to praise their DLC from their mediocre "Game of the Year", that "perfection", that "master-piece after which you won't play anything else, I swear, just BUY IT and you'll see".... Not on my watch!
  2. Nov 19, 2013
    Absolutely dreadful and lazy. They promise Rapture and try to force Columbia into it, using the same items as before just calling SALTS Eve now. There are no real splicers in the game, the splicers bear few deformities, some not at all, and rather than appearing as people who were once members of the city, they are scavengers. The entire style of Rapture is absolutely ruined and is not the same in the least bit. It defies canon also mostly taking place in a sunken part of the city, but for a piece of the city to be sunk it would be cut off from Arcadia providing all of the oxygen, therefore would not be functioning. Sander Cohen is brought back and his style is ruined and for some odd reason has something to do with Little Sisters when he would never be in charge of such a thing. Suchong makes several audio diaries of which do not talk about plasmids, so that is out of place for his recordings. They over advertise a new Plasmid that is actually just like a level 3 Frost Blast. A new weapon is added, the Radar Range which is ripped from early designs of the Xcom game and is a bit overpowered. The tears and such are back which should have no place in Rapture, Andrew Ryan and Frank Fontaine do not even have any recordings, there is barely anything of the two in the game, and for some odd reason there are sky hooks in Rapture and even a few rails. Rapture is dead, they have just killed the once beautiful city of Andrew Ryan. If you liked Bioshock Infinite get it, if you actually loved real Bioshock and loved Rapture you will be furious. Expand
  3. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's short. I explored every ounce of each map, got every piece of currency, looted every body, heard every npc's banter, collected all the audiologs, collected all the upgrade potions, unlocked all (but one) locks, and the game lasted me about an hour and forty five minutes.

The story was pretty weak. The greatest thing Burial At Sea had going was it’s prettiness and awesome prologue rapture scenery.

The ending undoes everything you’ve done in the main story. The explanation some people suggest where “this comstock didn’t become the prophet so he wasn’t stopped by booker’s sacrifice” is fairly nonsensical.

You’re forgetting that the burial at sea comstock still created Columbia and the only way for him to have done that is to have been made evil/mentally damaged by being baptized. (according to what the main game lead you to believe) No baptizm no columbia no interdimensional machine; this is what we know from the main game. Also, if he already had a daughter, he had no clear reason to need to steal another daughter. Of course we could make up reasons, but that isn’t our job. It’s the writers job to at least allude to motives and character’s nature throughout the story not to leave it all up to us to invent on our own. I’d just write my own book then. Don’t get me wrong, I love some creative freedom, mystery, or room for imagination, but this is too much at once without any justification or explanation.

Overall, if the writer’s let us know that one comstock still exists and still made columbia and still made the interdimensional machine, then NOTHING was solved from the first game. The baptism had NOTHING to do with booker becoming comstock and there are INFINITE other comstocks that made columbia which lead to the interdimensional machine which leads to him stealing elizabeth. Suddenly you start to not care about individual comstocks because, lo, they don't matter. Elizabeth knew this in the main game which is why she had the plan to stop all comstocks instead of killing just one. Suddenly she has forgotten this and has resorted to brutally murdering other comstocks in an inefficient and roundabout manner? You don’t even have to think that hard to feel this way; confused and meaningless is exactly how the story immediately presents itself to you.

Not worth the money.
  4. Nov 18, 2013
    Didn't learn anything new. Didn't see anything impressive. Didn't know that this would be 30 min to 2 hours long. Didn't like fighting the same enemies over and over again. Only thing that was interesting was what everyone had to say to Booker. And why he was in Rapture. The ending is a weak-sauce ending that is laughable considering how much I paid for this. Only the Fanboys who hold this above their heads as the great gift from their god Ken Levine. Not worth 15$. Does not get how this is episode one in a series though.

The reason why there is no life in this review is because this DLC can be considered dead and makes me feel dead just talking about it. And as always BIOSHOCK INFINITE chooses to follow plot instead of character.
  5. Nov 16, 2013
    jeg bliver sku skuffet at de laver det på den her måde fedt spil men en lorte dårlige sluning og der er kun 2-3 timer spil i det og det lyder som om de kun har lavet den her dlc eller de her dlcer som kommer er kun for at for flere penge

I am disappointed that they're doing it this way great game but bad sluning and there are only 2-3 hours of play in it. and it sounds like they only
    made ​​this dlc or here dlcer which comes only to more Money Expand
  6. Dec 13, 2013
    Wow, are you kidding me, $20 for a "season" pass for this way too short DLC! (Only took me a few hours to finish). Levels are not that interesting, etc. Story was good, but gameplay was just over-used same-old same-old. No originality. I hope number two is way longer and more original and challenging. It just seems like ever since the original BioShock 1, the team has been trying to capture the same "lightning in a bottle". This is typically the case in MANY franchises that try to crank out sequel after sequel. After this I'm doing buying into this series, peace out! Expand
  7. Apr 7, 2014
    Overpriced DLC to the one of the most overrated video games of all time. All the plot elements in Bioshock Infinite have been done before in Star Trek, Sliders, Quantum Leap and Fox's Fringe. So don't listen to the durps that try to convince you it's original and hasn't been done before.

As for the DLC, 15 bucks for one hour of gameplay? Don't encourage this greed, just say no to
    this overpriced filth. Expand
  8. Jan 3, 2014
    I bought it for 5 euros at the steam sale and Im glad i didnt buy it for full price. The episode is extremely short. The gameplay "shooter experience" is very dull and boring, even worse than the standard game. To be honest you only play this DLC for the story.

Bioshock Infinite had an amazing story and level design and I rate the game high for it (9/10), even tho the gameplay was
    pretty dull. But this DLC was just worse in every aspect...

I'd say for 5 euros it's almost still worth it. But not for full price.

1. Dec 30, 2013
    The high price and lack of polish make this one to avoid for now. For art-deco die-hards only. [Jan 2014, p.93]
    Short but generous trip into the underwater city of Rapture with all the perks we know from Infinite. This DLC benefits from an attractive setting and slower paced action. [Issue#237]
  3. Dec 28, 2013
    A promising start? A rather cautious one. The return to Rapture evades déjà vu feelings, but it doesn't deliver more than a spark of curiosity for its fans.