8.6

1. Dec 12, 2014
    The game captivates you from the very beginning.

The once things become ugly, things also become interesting. You realize things are not as they seem - in a very scifi way.

And to top all that, your companion Elizabeth is incredibly charming and alive. I loved it.
  2. Jun 16, 2015
    This is the single greatest game of my life the environment, the feeling, the story, Elizabeth everything! it gives a an amazing experience! you can't call yourself a gamer if you don't play this game! its funny, i bought this game for testing my new graphics card, after a little bit of playing i completely forgot about my new graphics card :D

The graphics aren't high in terms of

The graphics aren't high in terms of texture or being realistic, but people specially Elizabeth's face are detailed and they show emotions very good! (expect random people in the city, they look like the meme cat)
  3. Jul 15, 2015
    An incredible adventure. The story is one of the best in gaming, the gameplay isn't broken or screwed, like most games nowadays, the characters are ones of which you actually care about. Play this. Just... play it.
  4. Mar 26, 2013
    i dont like first-person shooters. For me Bioshock Infinite was like giving a second chance to a genre that i usually dont touch with a stick. It promised stuff like nice story and appealing, unique graphics and it looked less violent and morbid than your usual shooters. i gave it a try and wasnt disappointed. Like in a great mystery book, nothing in story made sense for most part of thei dont like first-person shooters. For me Bioshock Infinite was like giving a second chance to a genre that i usually dont touch with a stick. It promised stuff like nice story and appealing, unique graphics and it looked less violent and morbid than your usual shooters. i gave it a try and wasnt disappointed. Like in a great mystery book, nothing in story made sense for most part of the game, but in the end... lets just say i became permanently stupid. my brain is now damaged by the shocking ending. i've read lots of shocking books with crazy twists, but experiencing this in a first person shooter game? wow. damn. Expand
  5. Mar 26, 2013
    I think, after playing this game on Ultra settings, I can die happy now. I may update this after I beat it. Currently 4 hours in and I am amazed at the vibrant, creative, magical world, tight game-play mechanics, and story. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this snags GOTYE 2013. Possible contender #2: Watch_Dogs
  6. Mar 27, 2013
    An absolutely beautiful game.
    The graphics are stunning, and the overall mood of the game is fantastic.
    Also the music changes dynamicly if your in battle, and it makes the battles very intense. The levels are full of secrets, locked doors and collectibles. The world is very beautiful. I often find myself just exploring the world outside of where I'm supposed to go, because it's so
    An absolutely beautiful game.
    The graphics are stunning, and the overall mood of the game is fantastic.
    The levels are full of secrets, locked doors and collectibles.
    The world is very beautiful. I often find myself just exploring the world outside of where I'm supposed to go, because it's so beautiful. It also helps that I always find secrets when exploring.
    Fantastic game!
  7. Mar 26, 2013
    Absolutely amazing, there is nothing to complain about in this game. The story is fantastic, the combat is great and fun, and the atmosphere hits all the right notes.
  8. Mar 26, 2013
    I have been highly anticipating this games release and it is finally here! Sat down last night and all I can say is WOW! Hats off to the developers on this one as it is just a masterpiece! The hype was worth it. If you love Bioshock you are going to love this game even if you haven't played Bioshock before you should get this game. The gameplay and visuals are astounding I cannotI have been highly anticipating this games release and it is finally here! Sat down last night and all I can say is WOW! Hats off to the developers on this one as it is just a masterpiece! The hype was worth it. If you love Bioshock you are going to love this game even if you haven't played Bioshock before you should get this game. The gameplay and visuals are astounding I cannot fault this game as I said all I can say is WOW! Expand
  9. Mar 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is hands down the greatest campaign I have ever played. Beautiful graphics, the best combat I have ever experienced in an FPS, and characters that you really really care about.
  10. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. You have to love a game that is built not to please everyone, or to appeal to the biggest demographic of the lowest common denominator. Bioware Infinite is about a development team trying to realise their creative vision. This is a very fun shooter, but by no means is it the kind of shooter that is going to inspire thousands of hours of shooting.
  11. Apr 9, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite may not have the graphical fidelity of other AAA titles of the time but what it lacks in that department it makes up for in a rich and immersible story that keeps you coming back for more.

I was constantly torn between exploring more of the world for audio diary's or ciphers and progressing through the story to find out how it would unfold next, in the end I think I only picked up around 70% of the diary's which is a shame as I'm sure a lot of the lore and perhaps keys to understanding the conclusion of the story was lost with them.
    The characters were well developed and believable albeit the antagonist Comstock doesn't quite live up to the Andrew Ryan of Bioshock past. The Lettuce twins have some brilliant back and fourths and when you think about what they say a little deeper it's all pretty clever stuff.

Infinite isn't without it's faults though, I personally wasn't a huge fan of auto saving and no quick saving as on occasion the game wouldn't have auto saved for about 25 minutes and I couldn't really drop it without losing some progress.
    I also don't think the vigor's are quite as fun as Bioshock 1 & 2's plasmids, there is the option to use them all as traps but I pretty much never found myself doing it.
    Lastly the constant coin flipping by Elizabeth kind of got a little annoying, I understand the idea was to physically show that she's helping you out through the story but the repetitive things she would say started to grate after a while.

Come the end of the day, Bioshock Infinite is an extremely worth while purchase with it's deep engrossing story, rich characters, mind bending ending that'll have you talking about it for days and nice little nods to music throughout the century.

I'd say, a must buy.
  12. Mar 27, 2013

Just amazing! The world feels so alive, the gameplay is fun and the exploration and story telling is unforgettable! I was drawn right in from the beginning listening to the unimportant AI to the amazing story telling audio logs. I can't really say much more than this game was amazing! Good job Irrational! Hope to see another in the series just as good or even better!
  13. Mar 30, 2013
    The best FPS I've ever played. And the biggest reason I can give you is Elizabeth. Elizabeth the best NPC in any video game I've ever played. THe gameplay is excellent (though fiddly at times) the graphics are top notch (not the aboluste best, but only a tad under) the sense of "being there" is fantastic as the details is just breath taking. The game mechanics are worked out and smooth.The best FPS I've ever played. And the biggest reason I can give you is Elizabeth. Elizabeth the best NPC in any video game I've ever played. THe gameplay is excellent (though fiddly at times) the graphics are top notch (not the aboluste best, but only a tad under) the sense of "being there" is fantastic as the details is just breath taking. The game mechanics are worked out and smooth. But it is Elizabeth I've fallen in love with a sodding video game character. Please let me buy all your DLC expansions and follow ups. Sign me up right now but if you change her personality Irrational Games... I'm coming after you with a stick covered in dog excrement. Expand
  14. Mar 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. Quite literally, one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. People will speak of this game for decades to come, not just for what it did, but for what it helped lead to long after its creation.
  15. Mar 29, 2013
    By far the best game I've played in several years. I made a vow to myself that after a certain game, I would no longer buy games until I felt like the developer deserved that money; this one certainly did and will be purchasing it from Steam.

The story was brilliant, I was confused towards the end and by the time I finished the game everything wrapped itself up nicely and was overall very pleasing. The textures were great even at medium setting, those seeing underwhelming textures should play this game on a DX11 card, instead of a DX10 car like a lot of those complaining about subpar graphics, but having a subpar card... With the amount of abilities and weapons in this game, you can control the game play. Overall an incredible game.
  16. May 4, 2013
    I thought this game was really great. I consider myself a strong Christian and I wasn't offended at all. I think that there are cults in the game which much like the first Bioshock, have a tendency to walk along the lines of Christian stories and twist them. That's what makes an enemy a good one, they are false teachers and psychotic in their thinking. I'm getting the jist that KenI thought this game was really great. I consider myself a strong Christian and I wasn't offended at all. I think that there are cults in the game which much like the first Bioshock, have a tendency to walk along the lines of Christian stories and twist them. That's what makes an enemy a good one, they are false teachers and psychotic in their thinking. I'm getting the jist that Ken Lavine is atheist and his perspective of Christianity is what a person would think from seeing it from the outside. Much like people like Bill Murray and other prominent atheists alike.

The story arc is somewhat convoluted and can really cause someone to think for a few days after beating it. But with the help of site commentaries I was able to get some good insight and understanding of all that happened. Even with such a convoluted story you do come to peace with the overall story and everything wraps up pretty nicely in contrast to movies like Inception and Prometheus leave you with more questions than answers. You can also go through the game over again and check out video snippets throughout the campaign that give further insight and detail.

The only bad parts were the middle section of the game that seems somewhat muddied and has senseless parts, but they aren't long enough to disengage you from the final experience.
  17. Mar 30, 2013
    One of the best FPS i ever played. Graphics style is very good and combat is fun. After trash story lines like in hearth os swarm or mass effect 3. We finally get a game witch has a really good story. The only minor problem is low difficulty even on hard, but that does not také away from superior gameplay.
  18. Mar 30, 2013
    Words are powerless to describe this game...you should play it by yourself, and then you will know whats INFINITE. Irrational games have been amazing always, and this time they are into their infinity Bioshock infinite is a masterpiece of this generation...may not be easy to chose is as the GOTY yet, but Infinite will be definitely on the list. Aside of being game it is also a realWords are powerless to describe this game...you should play it by yourself, and then you will know whats INFINITE. Irrational games have been amazing always, and this time they are into their infinity Bioshock infinite is a masterpiece of this generation...may not be easy to chose is as the GOTY yet, but Infinite will be definitely on the list. Aside of being game it is also a real piece of art in terms of designs. Gameplay is proven over the Bioshsock 1 and the story is as awesome as I expected. Graphics are great only if you play it on a good PC otherwise frame rate and textures on the both console versions arent that nice. Expand
  19. Mar 28, 2013
    The Good

+Solid story and narrative that really draws the player in +Very thematically ambitious +Gorgeous world really draws you into the experience +Solid gameplay mechanics +A lot of variety in ability and gear to help change up the experience +Elizabeth is a very well crafted character +The music and audio is very good; the voice acting is fantastic The Bad -Slight dips
    The Good

+Solid story and narrative that really draws the player in
    +Very thematically ambitious
    +Gorgeous world really draws you into the experience
    +Solid gameplay mechanics
    +A lot of variety in ability and gear to help change up the experience
    +Elizabeth is a very well crafted character
    +The music and audio is very good; the voice acting is fantastic

The Bad

-Slight dips in framerate from time to time
    -Death can feel a little disorienting
    -Some choice decisions fail to have an impact

---

Note: The Following Review is Long

In 2007 the original Bioshock came out and added a layer to gaming that few games have been able to do. The game was not nearly as big of a success as other titles of the year such as Halo or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. A game that Bioshock Infinite is here and it reaches. In some regards, perhaps even higher than the one that started it all.

You play as Booker Dewitt. He's got some debts to settle and believes he can do so. He must first venture to the floating city of Columbia. There he must rescue a young woman named Elizabeth. But it will not be easy. Columbia is a city ruled under the watchful eye of Father Comstock, a prophet who can supposedly see the future. It isn't long before Booker realizes that rescuing Elizabeth and escaping the city of Columbia will be much more difficult than he imagined. Quickly branded as a false prophet, Booker comes under attack.

Like the first game, Bioshock Infinite is a very thematically ambitious game. One that begins to elevate storytelling in gaming. There will surely be a lot of discussion to follow with this one. There's a lot of care taken with the world in which it takes place in, as well as with some of the themes it handles. And Bioshock Infinite opts to hold very little back. Here you'll be tackling themes such as racism, religion, false prophets, gender roles, even moments that will test your own morals. It's got a lot to say. The story and the world also come to life in the same way that Rapture does. While Columbia is not as dazzling as the trip into the underwater world, it does have a pulse just the same. You'll find Voxphones scattered throughout. These, like the original Bioshocks audio diaries, add a lot more to the tale at hand. They add to the story, the world and the atmosphere. To ignore them is to miss out on a considerable portion of the game. For those very curious about the world they're playing in, they will most certainly want to pick these up.

From the outset it doesn't seem as though there is much which separates Bioshock Infinite from it's predecessor. Indeed, it takes a moment to get there. Many aspects will be familiar to you from the outset. Instead of Plasmids, for example, you have Vigors. These allow you to do things such as possess machines and make them attack your enemies, or hurl explosive fireballs at your foes. If there are crows an area you can even turn them against your foes. There's a lot variety with the vigors, as well as many different ways to use them. There is a limit, of course, you need salts to be able to use them. Like the original there are also vending machines around where you can use currency to buy upgrades for your vigors or guns. You can also restore health.

Unlike the original, however, you don't stock up on health packs that will be used immediately when your life reaches zero. Rather you have one life gauge that doesn't recharge at all. You must find food or other means of sustenance to restore your health. There is, however, a shield you'll get early on that does recharge. If you can find cover in the midst of a gun fight or keep from taking damage your shield will recharge and you'll be ready again. This seems like it'll make the game particularly difficult at first, but Bioshock Infinite is not too challenging in and of itself. Sometimes the enemies can come in large waves. But should you bite the dust you are never punished too harshly. You'll respawn really close to where you died and you'll be given some health and some ammo. Your enemies will also have some of their health restored as well, so whatever killed you is usually still lurking. The only downside is that there will be times when you respawn and you'll need to take time to adjust to your surroundings. Though you never respawn far from where you've died, there are times when you'll feel disoriented and turned around when you do.

There is also gear you can put on to help you out along the way. These will enhance your abilities. And if you mix and match things will change. One piece of gear, for instance, allows you to run faster when your shield burst. Another lets you set people on fire wh
  20. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is not only graphically stunning, but also wonderfully story driven with tons of questions and theories to make up while you play. I myself could not put it down for at least the first 5 hours just because i had so many questions. This is a prime example of how video games are an art form. 11/10
  21. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, really amazing game, when you first arrive in Colombia it's simply awe inspiring! A game where you can just look around and marvel at the setting is always good, the game was really good except I felt rather short maybe more could have been done before the first tear? You suddenly found yourself working for the vox but you never really get to experience that world, before everything is turned on its head and then all out war, the end was really good but left me a little bit confused, Good game but like Dishonoured way too short. Expand
  22. Apr 6, 2013
    If you look closer, the environments are a little buggy. However, this is not a clue here. The story, characters, art direction and a way in which this game approach problems such as racism, are great. The most IMPORTANT game experience of all time.
  23. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the firstBioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the first game, but guns have more of a kick this time around. Plasmids also make a comeback in the form of Vigors, which allow for a lot of variation and experimentation in combat. There's also the inclusion of sky-lines, which make some fights really exciting and frantic. I'd say the combat scenarios are an improvement from the first Bioshock. You'll also be looting the environment and corpses for money, food, salt (for Vigors), etc.

Bioshock's art direction is simply stunning. It takes a very talented art team to pull off something like Infinite, and the team at Irrational was definitely up to the task. The amount of detail in each and every environment is staggering. You'll definitely understand why this game was such an undertaking and took so many years to create when you see it in action. Then you have Elizabeth, which is one of the most realized characters in all of gaming. Elizabeth's animations and interactions are one of Infinite's many highlights.

But Bioshock Infinite is ultimately all about the narrative, which it delivers on from beginning to end. This game's story is hands down one of the best in the business, even going as far as surpassing the original Bioshock. While Bioshock was a masterpiece, its ending left a little something to be desired. But this isn't the case with Bioshock Infinite. This game has an ending that'll blow you away.
  24. Apr 12, 2013
    Fantastic game, fantastic story, fantastic graphics, fantastic gameplay, fantastic characters, fantastic locations, fantastic twist, fantastic enemyes and truly sad ending.
  25. Mar 27, 2013
    After playing this game I have one word to describe how I feel about it. Wow; it was one of the most fascinating and well thought out games that I've ever had the pleasure of getting my fingers on. It runs well on a wide variety of machines and my goodness the ending? It will set your brain on fire. I'd like to congratulate Irrational Games on this monumental triumph and I have to say IAfter playing this game I have one word to describe how I feel about it. Wow; it was one of the most fascinating and well thought out games that I've ever had the pleasure of getting my fingers on. It runs well on a wide variety of machines and my goodness the ending? It will set your brain on fire. I'd like to congratulate Irrational Games on this monumental triumph and I have to say I look forward to more Bioshock in the future and maybe if we're lucky we can see more of Booker Dewitt and Elizabeth. Expand
  26. Mar 29, 2013
    One of a kind game, enjoyed it. The soundtrack and sound-effects are pretty amazing too! The only major drawback is the graphics. Sloppy texture and details, but the overall game still held together beautifully. I can just close my eyes and imagine how much more beautiful this game could have been made, especially for those who got an extremely high-end rig. I guess 2K spent just enoughOne of a kind game, enjoyed it. The soundtrack and sound-effects are pretty amazing too! The only major drawback is the graphics. Sloppy texture and details, but the overall game still held together beautifully. I can just close my eyes and imagine how much more beautiful this game could have been made, especially for those who got an extremely high-end rig. I guess 2K spent just enough money to satisfy a majority of players and didn't want to spend a penny more to make it a legend. But overall, still a pretty game. Expand
  27. Mar 27, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game. Right at the top with the great games of our generation Dishonored and Skyrim. I'm playing on a high end PC so I will not bang on about the graphics as of course they are amazing but of course they would be when they utilise every pounds worth. Great story, simple but effective controls, personable characters, great scenery, great soundtrack...nuff said. MissAbsolutely fantastic game. Right at the top with the great games of our generation Dishonored and Skyrim. I'm playing on a high end PC so I will not bang on about the graphics as of course they are amazing but of course they would be when they utilise every pounds worth. Great story, simple but effective controls, personable characters, great scenery, great soundtrack...nuff said. Miss this miss out bigstyle. Expand
  28. Apr 3, 2013
    this game is amazing, brilliant, one huge problem the ending it was not as abd as me3 but that ending WTF?, its confusing odd and is just 20 minutes of walking. The rest of the game is great some levels feel a little lazy cough* cough* shanti town, but its still a great story and the tiny tie in to rapture brilliant!!
  29. Apr 8, 2013
    I'm really trying to find meaningful mistakes to rate this game less than 10 out of 10... but I can't. Whatever the little, possible problems it might have, everything is washed away by how wonderfully briliant the overall experience is. When I finished the game, I was in awe. The graphics are stunning and the art direction is nothing short of fantastic, the soundtrack is excellent, theI'm really trying to find meaningful mistakes to rate this game less than 10 out of 10... but I can't. Whatever the little, possible problems it might have, everything is washed away by how wonderfully briliant the overall experience is. When I finished the game, I was in awe. The graphics are stunning and the art direction is nothing short of fantastic, the soundtrack is excellent, the gameplay addictive and the story... oh boy, the story. First of all, I've been noting that some reviewers are citing this to be an "incoherent mess". It isn't. It's a complex, deep story that revolves around so many creative fields and subjects (racism, religion, equality, fanaticism, metaphysics, EVERYTHING is in this game) that it makes me wonder what sort of amazing inspiration the guys at Irrational have been looking through. You WILL care for the characters, you will be shocked by the twists and the ending will make your jaw drop to the floor. Bioshock Infinite deserves ALL the praise it's been getting; was it hyped THAT much? Yes, but totally lives up to it, and manages to surpass it at every single turn. This is the prime example that games are, indeed, a major for of art. Expand
  30. Apr 7, 2013
    Half-Life 2 just lost the throne as best single player campaign ever and the ending even tops the 6th Sense film ("I see dead people"), it's that good.

I can always appreciate a good single player campaign with an engaging story and oh boy, did they deliver with Bioshock Inifinite. I just finished the campaign and it was fantastic. Probably the best campaign I ever played and that

I just finished the campaign and it was fantastic. Probably the best campaign I ever played and that says a lot. The first Bioshock I couldn't really get into. I guess the city of Rapture was a bit too horrific and claustrophobic for my likings. But this game I love: Fantastic art direction, atmosphere, absolutely mind-blowing story (probably the best I ever played) and a great reflection on the darker parts of the history of the US. There's a lot to this game that makes you think and look things up on Wikipedia.

People who are on the fence of getting into this game, I can wholeheartedly recommend it if you like a great story and can appreciate great art work and atmosphere. I you play a campaign for the action/shooting only, then this game is still very solid but might be not too spectacular for you.
  31. Apr 7, 2013
    BioShock Infinite provides a blueprint for engaging players in a meaningful story and captivating their imaginations. Although it struggles in some respects, such as less than stellar boss fights, it manages to mitigate those struggles with excellent pacing and storytelling. This game has incredible production values. Everything from the atmosphere to the environments to the set-piecesBioShock Infinite provides a blueprint for engaging players in a meaningful story and captivating their imaginations. Although it struggles in some respects, such as less than stellar boss fights, it manages to mitigate those struggles with excellent pacing and storytelling. This game has incredible production values. Everything from the atmosphere to the environments to the set-pieces will astonish both old and new players. In many ways, this doesn't feel like a BioShock game. This is not the cramped, dark, and overtly tense game that was the original. This is a much more subtle and dare I say refined sort of tension one where you're unsure of the motives of any given person, including yourself. The climax and ending of the game are worth asking price alone. If you found yourself disappointed with the conclusion of the original, you will find yourself pleasantly surprised after you set down your keyboard and mouse, sit back from the monitor aghast, and begin filling your mind with the infinite. Expand
  32. Apr 6, 2013
    WoW the Game was so good Best of the 3, all i miss is big daddy :P
    The ending was WTF OMG NFW... so shocking i loved it...
    The Game-play is the same with some acrobatics but the whole thing is far better that the old!
  33. Mar 26, 2013
    Possibly the greatest opening I've seen in a video game. Truly inspirational work here. The lighting is fantastic. The shooting is solid the special abilities are cool and the story is superb.
  34. Mar 26, 2013
    this game is damn near perfect in a shooter. if you have not bought this game yet, quit wasting time and get it. easy to play this game multiple times. one of the biggest twist endings to a great story.
  35. Mar 26, 2013
    Great game with one of the most immersing atmospheres I've ever experienced. The game play is throwback Bioshock and the graphics on my mediocre PC are astonishing. I have been switching between using my mouse/keys and a game-pad and I find that they both work equally well, it just depends on preference. I have to say that Bioshock Infinite contends with Dark Souls as my most favorite gameGreat game with one of the most immersing atmospheres I've ever experienced. The game play is throwback Bioshock and the graphics on my mediocre PC are astonishing. I have been switching between using my mouse/keys and a game-pad and I find that they both work equally well, it just depends on preference. I have to say that Bioshock Infinite contends with Dark Souls as my most favorite game in recent memory. Expand
  36. Apr 5, 2013
    Amazing game... A little disappointed that my graphics card isn't supported. Wasn't a game-ruiner though. Story is very confusing to a point where it makes no sense. Things like the silent boy were not very well explained, but other than minor issues this is one of the best games in a while. I recommend this to ANYONE which a good enough PC. If you don't, Lets hope you have a consoleAmazing game... A little disappointed that my graphics card isn't supported. Wasn't a game-ruiner though. Story is very confusing to a point where it makes no sense. Things like the silent boy were not very well explained, but other than minor issues this is one of the best games in a while. I recommend this to ANYONE which a good enough PC. If you don't, Lets hope you have a console laying around... Expand
  37. Apr 7, 2013
    This game is awesome! The AI is good, the graphics look good, not THAT many weapons though, but enough to keep the game fresh through the whole thing, you actually use a variety of vigors, you probably won't just end up using one or two vigors, Elizabeth is really well done, the story is somewhat confusing at first, but you'll understand it after a while, the gameplay is nothingThis game is awesome! The AI is good, the graphics look good, not THAT many weapons though, but enough to keep the game fresh through the whole thing, you actually use a variety of vigors, you probably won't just end up using one or two vigors, Elizabeth is really well done, the story is somewhat confusing at first, but you'll understand it after a while, the gameplay is nothing revolutionary, but it's solid. 9/10 Expand
  38. Mar 26, 2013
    We now have a metacritic title that is tied for first place of all time; I hoped for this prior to the release assuming in this day and age more people would flock to purchase the masterpeice, I nearly cried when Ken Levine of Irrational stated he went to frat houses and asked who knew or had played bioshock and nobody raised their hand.
    After 6 hours with the game; I can give the game a
    After 6 hours with the game; I can give the game a confident 10/10. I do not know where to start but on Ultra with max FoV and the alternate DX11 Ambient Occlusion the game is stunning graphically with art design that shows each artist literally put his or her soul into every area of each set piece. The Plasmid's feel great and are much more unique; I dig throwing people up in the air with the bucking bronco then using murder of crows while using my carbine to pick them off with ironsights. Another thing that feels A+ especially compared to the original, Gunplay; Ironsights are perfect are is the crosshair option.
    I suggest binding right mouse to Iron Sight if you are familiar with FPS gaming, and if you have a thumb button that is where I have my "Use Plasmid" bound.

Health and Vigor restored by food/health packs and cigs/potion/salts can no longer be stored up in the inventory and at first I was looking for how to chug a potion while getting beat up a bit on Hard mode; once I adapted to not being able to use this option in combat I was able to dominate the "New" Bioshock feel.

As for the two greatest highlights aside from Graphics as we can all see it is astonishing (especially buttermilk smooth on SLI 680's) and that the story is incredible (I've fallen in love with Elizabeth already) is the revolutionary AI behind Elizabeth. She becomes a living breathing character that you are able to actually MORE than enjoy the company of. She becomes a friend, a love interest and her innocence makes her that more fragile while her ability to rip tears in time (Spoiler: the first time you see her do it its in the future to a paris premier of RETURN OF THE JEDI). Her AI is absolutely incredible with no problems.

The Skyhook system is flawless and fun; it is like a controllable rollercoaster and it is jaw dropping to Leap off a rail and decapitate a guard down below; it makes you feel powerful but not overly powerful as you'll still get your ass handed to you during portions on HARD mode making you react like FPS gamers should rather than have your perfect plasmid/gun combination always work your way; you'll miss sometimes and Liz will help out as much as she can.

I just wanted to state that I spent 2 hours before any combat came in the game searching around and in awe at the city and the art put into every area. To my surprise I've found my favorite "Minor" moment in a game ever.
    A barber shop Quartet is singing "Music from the Future. Now" due remember this is 1912; and the Quartet is singing a gorgeous rendition of 'The Beach Boys' astonishing song "God Only Knows" off of their revolutionary 'Pet Sounds' album. Being a music geek and a gaming geek perhaps that is a small sign of exactly what Bioshock Infinite is. To music what petsound was at release; Bioshock Infinite is to gaming present day.
    -- If you'd like to check out the quartet singing this GORGEOUS RENDITION please click here.
  39. Mar 28, 2013
    Never before have I played a game that I can describe as beautiful in such an eclectic sense. Columbia looks absolutely stunning on the PC. The story is rich and provoking, keeping you guessing and revising your theories as you play. The final scenes will haunt you, driving you (or at least many) to the forums to absorb and discuss thoughts on the plot possibilities. The music isNever before have I played a game that I can describe as beautiful in such an eclectic sense. Columbia looks absolutely stunning on the PC. The story is rich and provoking, keeping you guessing and revising your theories as you play. The final scenes will haunt you, driving you (or at least many) to the forums to absorb and discuss thoughts on the plot possibilities. The music is captivating and enthralling, with all of its drama. With extra orchestral stabs to accent details such as how you finish an enemy, the experience really feels complete and integrated. The gameplay is familiar for fans of the previous Bioshock games, with new innovations to spice things up. Zipping around Columbia and dealing out devastating blows is both effective and immensely satisfying. No game is perfect, as no form of entertainment/art is immune to subjectivity but this game comes so close that it deserves a 10/10 for being worth every single coin spent on it. Expand
  40. Mar 27, 2013
    You are absolutely absurd. You down rate the game for such reasons as you don't like the thematic, it's not realistic enough, or just to be a troll. Do you realize how many years ago this game started to be advertised, and yet here you are having bought it, IF you don't like these kinds of games why do you buy them in the first place. Take for example, I don't like Guild Wars 2, I don'tYou are absolutely absurd. You down rate the game for such reasons as you don't like the thematic, it's not realistic enough, or just to be a troll. Do you realize how many years ago this game started to be advertised, and yet here you are having bought it, IF you don't like these kinds of games why do you buy them in the first place. Take for example, I don't like Guild Wars 2, I don't play it, but most people say it's an excellent game...why am I going to go troll about it and give the game a bad rating since I already know beforehand I am not going to like it? Moreover, if you want a game that's tailored to your every need and desire, why don't you go make your own game? exactly! You don't have to sit here and be a troll and ruin it for others who would have probably liked the game. They weren't making the game only for you, like your very own personalized version or something like that. You do not gain anything by trolling, if a person want to buy the game they will do it regardless of what you post here, because it is their choice that they can make, and no matter what some troll on the internet says is going to stop them ok. By have a nice day. Expand
  41. Mar 28, 2013
    I really love this game. The stroy is really amazing, and the graphics and the combat system is fun. I was able to connect with Elizabeth and Booker better than any other game characters. The enviorment in Columbia was really good. The part when Elizabeth said she didnt want to go back locked up again by a baddie. This is what made me feel like i had a duty to do. It made me care forI really love this game. The stroy is really amazing, and the graphics and the combat system is fun. I was able to connect with Elizabeth and Booker better than any other game characters. The enviorment in Columbia was really good. The part when Elizabeth said she didnt want to go back locked up again by a baddie. This is what made me feel like i had a duty to do. It made me care for Elizabeth and dieing was not an option to me. The skyline system was very well done. I actually repeated several mission because the skyline action was just too awesome. This is the first game i ever gave a 10 rating, and it deserves that. Expand
  42. Mar 28, 2013
    Okay, updating this to an 8 since I find it gets quite repetitive later on in... Good visuals for the Unreal 3 engine but mostly enhanced volumetric/lighting fx as overall its quite low-polygon (Its using all cores on my i5 3570K and getting 60fps all options maxed @1080p on the HD7870) Game play and controls are good no complaints at all.
  43. Apr 5, 2013
    This is a message to all butt-hurt idiots giving a 0 or 1 to this masterpiece. Finally in years you have a smart and complex storyline, mixed in with interesting combat mechanics (even if you are limited to 2 weapons but this idea was probably meant for the 1999 mode in mind), intelligent AI, beautiful graphics and atmosphere. Ken Levine and his team at Irrational Games worked extremelyThis is a message to all butt-hurt idiots giving a 0 or 1 to this masterpiece. Finally in years you have a smart and complex storyline, mixed in with interesting combat mechanics (even if you are limited to 2 weapons but this idea was probably meant for the 1999 mode in mind), intelligent AI, beautiful graphics and atmosphere. Ken Levine and his team at Irrational Games worked extremely hard for this game and you still have immature haters, unable to respect other people's work. Guess the haters will be better off playing a money grubbing mainstream EA like game without any soul what so ever. Creating several account just to bash a game, disgusts me and is a pathetic move. In conclusion It will be remembered as one of the greatest games ever made. Haters gonna hate Expand
  44. Apr 4, 2013
    I often wondered if I'd ever play a game that I felt deserved an unashamed 10 out of 10. I finally found it with this title. Utterly incredible. Graphics, immersion, atmosphere, gameplay everything absolutely spectacular. Best game I've played in years.
  45. Mar 26, 2013
    While I have issues with the pacing and logic of the game, it is still a beautiful and immersive experience. It is fun as well as thought-provoking. It has moments of intense combat and of great emotional impact. It is visually stunning, even more so on a decent gaming rig. It is by no means flawless, but what does work like the Elizabeth AI, the shooting/vigor mechanics, the Skyline, theWhile I have issues with the pacing and logic of the game, it is still a beautiful and immersive experience. It is fun as well as thought-provoking. It has moments of intense combat and of great emotional impact. It is visually stunning, even more so on a decent gaming rig. It is by no means flawless, but what does work like the Elizabeth AI, the shooting/vigor mechanics, the Skyline, the atmosphere, the minute details such as Dimwit and Duke, et al. is implemented with such precision that I was simply enthralled. Expand
  46. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is Bioshock PERFECTION!! The original Bioshock was my first introduction to FPS. Infinite brings it to 11. Well done! It's going to be difficult to compete with this one.
  47. Apr 9, 2013
    Game lost in gameplay and difficulty, but has become more adult story, more action and, of course, Elizabeth. She the central figure in the narrative and the post as she is alive, she is alive responds to the world around you is looking for supplies. Enemies behave quite adequately, shame that still kill them easily. However postoanovochne fights, plasmids, their sequencing, and razlchnoeGame lost in gameplay and difficulty, but has become more adult story, more action and, of course, Elizabeth. She the central figure in the narrative and the post as she is alive, she is alive responds to the world around you is looking for supplies. Enemies behave quite adequately, shame that still kill them easily. However postoanovochne fights, plasmids, their sequencing, and razlchnoe weapons and great action in the battles will not be bored. Expand
  48. Mar 27, 2013
    A beautiful masterpiece of a game. You could almost assume what the ratings would be upon just viewing the trailers. Irrational Games delivers in full, and then some. The amount of first rate writing and originality is all there in full, and it's much, much more than enough to make the game good. The graphics are breathtaking. The game mechanics are extremely well polished. It may not beA beautiful masterpiece of a game. You could almost assume what the ratings would be upon just viewing the trailers. Irrational Games delivers in full, and then some. The amount of first rate writing and originality is all there in full, and it's much, much more than enough to make the game good. The graphics are breathtaking. The game mechanics are extremely well polished. It may not be the game you'll play over and over like Team Fortress 2 or an Elder Scrolls game, but BioShock Infinite will still linger in your head after completion because the storytelling is just that good. Ken Levine, you know how to write a damn good story. Feel good about that. It could be a very long time until another game with this good of writing comes along again. It doesn't have the moral directions that Levine's BioShock 1 had, or what Jordan Thomas' BioShock 2 had (which wasn't AS good as BS1 or Infinite, but still a great game). I also found the game to be a bit short, but that's okay, because it might have felt like it dragged on a bit if it was longer, you never know. Overall, this is the kind of game every type of gamer should try before they die. Expand
  49. Apr 6, 2013
    I loved this game so much, from start to end. I started to play this when it first came out at midnight, and was so immersed, the sun was up and I didn't even notice. There are minor flaws, but I was expecting those because the game is still fairly new. It was very good and polished for the most part. This game nails it on the head in about every subject. I am not trying to fanboy here,I loved this game so much, from start to end. I started to play this when it first came out at midnight, and was so immersed, the sun was up and I didn't even notice. There are minor flaws, but I was expecting those because the game is still fairly new. It was very good and polished for the most part. This game nails it on the head in about every subject. I am not trying to fanboy here, but finish the game, and you will see what I mean. I don't really consider the BioShock games shooters, so people who like games such as CoD, Battlefield, etc. for the most part will not enjoy this game as much. I was getting the same feelings after I played this as I was when I finished Half-Life 2, and that is really saying something. Expand
  50. Mar 26, 2013
    This game sets a new bar for the fps genre, it reuses the unique formula of the previous bioshock games and implemented it well. And I'm glad Irrational games and the crew took the time to polish the game. This game is a great experiences and it is possibly one of the stronger contestants for Game of the year.
  51. Mar 27, 2013
    The game is so great! I dont know how many times i stopped just to stand there and watch doing nothing. It is also the first game i took screenshots to keep as my desktopbackground because its so beatiful. I also love how fluid and dynamic the game is, you never have the feeling that the story is slowing down or it is getting boring. 20 out of 10 points. Best game 2013!!!
  52. Apr 5, 2013
    One of the best game I have ever played and if you can play it on PC, you should do it. Great story, combat and aesthetics. Most definitely recommended.
  53. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is one of the best I have played in the last 5 years, but it is not everyone is going to see why it is such a big deal, as the makers have tried to maintain a balance between shooter and interactive story, but have ended up doing a slight disservice to both.
    I have had friends report they found the game to be enjoyable, but they were confused by many aspects of the story. When I dug in to why, it is because they completely missed key elements of the story because the game makes it far to easy to just skip the story and move on with the combat.
    If you are someone who loves a good story, and you are willing to make the effort to let the story unwrap around you, paying attention to the amazing level of detail in the environment, then this is going to be one of the best games you have ever played.
    If story isn't your thing, or you don't like digging for details, or you just want to shoot stuff... you will probably still get enjoyment out of this game, but you will be left wondering what the hype is about.
    Despite being technically "dated", the graphics in this game where some of the best I have ever seen. By embracing the limitations of their engine, and focusing on solid art direction, 2K/Irrational games have created an environment that was far more compelling to me than any of the super engines like Battle Field 3.
  54. Apr 6, 2013
    I played and loved (Still love) Bioshock 1 and 2.
    They were really awsome and I hope there will be more games telling more stuff about rapture...
    I played and loved (Still love) Bioshock 1 and 2.

Bioshock Infinite was a new experience. Everything was new and the game was not just like bioshock 1 and 2. I mean the feeling was totally new, the graphics so fantastic (I like it when games are games and not like the reality), all the dialogues funny and constructive and still it was bioshock. If you had the same feeling like me with bioshock 1: seeing this beautiful city called rapture and stuff, then you will experience the same feeling right here.

And i must say: While playing i always thought "What is this? What is happening? I don't get it!" because the game story is focused on the end where you will suddenly understand everything. I for myself started thinking about the end. I started to think about the consequences the result of the game would have. This end will even let you think about the story of bioshock 1 and 2.

For me, this game is a totally must have. But if you only want "real" graphics, which copy the reality, and no story, then play Call of Duty and stuff like this.

(I am german, my english isn't perfect but you understand what i mean, that's for sure)
    MfG
    Wilcon
  55. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILERS!

Just finished the game, took me around 30+ hours.

I'm glad I decided to play 1999 mode on my first play through, it made the game really challenging and I died just enough times.

This was a really special game, what a mind blowing and rare experience! Grabbing my favorite kind of game, (fps rpg) and wrap it around a really good story. I loved how rich and alive the world feels, you really feel you're in this city with its own twisted culture and beliefs, and I loved how you were there before everything went to so you actually got to see the beauty and majesty of Columbia. I mean, the city breads believability, electronics all have a brand, and so does food, clothing, alcohol, tabaco, etc. I love how themed everything is, everything makes sense and its not only there to fill up the environment. From FINKs crates to Prophets propaganda props.
    Another thing Irrational Games nailed once again, was what I like to call environment storytelling, the way dead bodies were placed and the destroyed stuff around them, if you take a second to absolve the room you're in, you can really picture what happened in there with you're mind. I like to all this the "half eaten donut moment" from the movie Aliens, you don't always need to tell a story, just present pieces of it, like puzzle pieces, and people will put it together in their minds, and IG artists and designers always excelled at this, it is so inspiring for me.
    It really felt that the artists made the art of the game to support both the gameplay AND the story, and not only to make a pretty game, and for those who work on the games industry, you know how challenging that is!

Gameplay wise, I gotta say the combat is loads of fun! Weapons feel really good, and I found myself using a wide range of weapons through the game, but ultimately I used the Sniper/RPG combination the most. Enemies and AI are smart and challenging enough, Melee and shotguns guys strike at you while rifle and other dudes take cover and whatnot. Overall I found the combat really rewarding and fun, this is a shooter after all so I'm glad they made it compelling to just shoot at bad guys.

I gotta say though, the Vigors in the game are really poor. I found the Plasmids in Bioshock a lot better somehow and I found myself using pretty much all of them, whereas in Bioshock Infinite I pretty much only used a couple, and rarely.
    Bioshock gave you a lot of temptation to use the plasmids, well placed oil puddles, water puddles, Telekinisis to get unreachable stuff and other things. Maybe the levels in that game were smaller and easier to design/play with plasmids, but still...
    Another thing, the game never really forces you to use the Vigors, I remember in Bioshock they made you use the Electro Bolt to open certain doors, Fire to ignite certain areas and open frozen doors, etc, etc. On Infinite Vigors are exclusively used for combat, maybe they did that to simplify the game, make it more mainstream, along with the idea of removing hacking and lock picking.

Also, I kept waiting for that big moment when you had to fight the all mighty and feared Songbird, but that moment never happened, in fact, its curious how this game doesn't have many bosses, I can only think of one, Lady Comstocks ghost. You have those mini-boss guys with the crows and the handymans, but still, bit of a wasted opportunity there for a badass boss scene when Songbird kidnaps Liz and take her to Comstock.
    And speaking of Comstock, anyone else think his death was extremely anti-climatic? You slap his head and drown in a water puddle? Again, wasted boss potential there, I was expecting the final fight with the Prophet to be one of a kind.

Still in the subject of bosses, wtf was that last boss scene? If I can call it that? They just trown enemies and Motorized Patriots at you, and that's it!! No epic climax boss scene... In Bioshocks last boss scene, they make you fight Atlas, this big ass mutated and the game makes you use all the Plasmids you've got to be able to beat all the stages of the boss, which is awesome cos it makes you use everything you learned during the game, where's in Infinite you just get normal enemies being trown at you... Again, wasted opportunity for a epic climax!

Bioshock was one of the best and the most memorable games of the last decade for me, Infinite builds on top of that legacy and makes it better in many many many ways, unfortunately it was also a bit streamlined in many ways.

With that being said, this was one awesome game that will live in my memory for many years, if not ever! I might have sounded overly negative or critic, but it was only because I care about it so much and was able to see the tiny flaws of it. I can't praise this game enought though! I'll be playing it a second time soon for sure, and I can't wait for the dlcs, curious to see what they'll come up with.

Oh... And the end cutscene, with the plot twist and all, damn!
  56. Jun 20, 2013
    This HAS to be game of the year. This game is so fresh, and its not stale! This is one of the greatest games I have played in a long time, I've just completed it and I don't want to spoil anything but it feels like I've just watched The Matrix for the first time. My mind is blown.

Anyway, I wasn't too sure about this game. The fact that it took place up in the sky put me off as the first 2 games were at the bottom of the ocean and I thought there's no way that's possible, it must be a tiny city... (Derp, Bioshock 1 & 2 took place underwater! What am I thinking?!) The graphics made me a bit put off as well which looked a bit more like a cartoon rather than it looking rough and realistic and I really regret judging the game for that which is why I didn't buy it until a few days ago.

The graphics are really nice and have this bloom effect. The game also ran really well for me on 'High' the only problems I had was random crashing a few times which rarely happened as well as stuttering if I alt-tabbed out of the game for a while or just very rare random stuttering. (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz, 3.5GB Ram, [I actually have 8 but 32-bit only lets me use 3.5] and ATI Radeon 6950.)

There are lots of weapons and the revolver no doubt is my favourite, as well as the machine gun. All of the weapons give a satisfying *UMPH* if you know what I mean. As for the plasmids (or vigors) which have cleverly been designed as liquid to consume; are somewhat similar to the plasmids but have a different feel to it which is ok.

Now you have an NPC which follows you throughout the game which is Elizabeth and surprisingly she's not dumb and doesn't get in the way or be useless as a brick wall, she's actually really useful. The dialogue where she throws supplies is a bit repetitive but you don't really notice it that much as you can mostly hear gunfire.

The overall feel for the game has that Bioshock feeling, but its different and I like it.

BAD: Personally I am disappointed that nothing is really physical like the first 2 games. I can understand why they did this as the physics in the previous games were clunky and a bit buggy but a lot of items could had been physical.

I also dislike that when you upgrade your weapons no attachments are added to them, it's just the same model.

Overall this game is 100% worth buying, it's fresh, the voice acting is simply amazing and I really got attached to Elizabeth as well as the story and I really hope that there's a sequel to this game.

THANK YOU BIOSHOCK INFINITE DEVELOPERS & VOICE ACTORS AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR MAKING AN AWESOME GAME!
  57. Apr 3, 2013
    lets forget about the score........i dont even played this game yet...its about feeling and moods...alcohal drugs and hate....a word called love..............and long lost ...whatever........10 means its all good forever and i agree :).....................i must provide a score ....like i said 10 then :P
  58. May 30, 2013
    This game is simply incredible. My words cannot do it justice. Best game I have played in a long time. Story telling at it's very best with great graphics and some of the most satisfying combat in any game I have ever played. Loads to see and do here and a game I will play through many times. I don't understand why this game has had negative reviews but I guess you cannot pleaseThis game is simply incredible. My words cannot do it justice. Best game I have played in a long time. Story telling at it's very best with great graphics and some of the most satisfying combat in any game I have ever played. Loads to see and do here and a game I will play through many times. I don't understand why this game has had negative reviews but I guess you cannot please everyone. I normally buy my games in the sales on steam; however I paid full price for this game and was not disappointed....worth every penny. Expand
  59. Mar 31, 2013
    All I can say about this game is WOW! The game starts amazing the player in its initial moments and does not let. The visuals are great and while the plasmids from the early Bioshock games return the added elevation and skyrail mechanics really add to the combat. The game is very linear, which plays wonderfully into the games story with it's many twists and turns that I only began to startAll I can say about this game is WOW! The game starts amazing the player in its initial moments and does not let. The visuals are great and while the plasmids from the early Bioshock games return the added elevation and skyrail mechanics really add to the combat. The game is very linear, which plays wonderfully into the games story with it's many twists and turns that I only began to start to figure out just as the reveal was coming. Also, I know that there are many things I have missed on my first playthrough that are embedded into the games ascetics revealing more story. Worthy of all the 10/10 scores? Game mechanics wise maybe not but story wise? Absolutely. Expand
  60. Mar 30, 2013
    It has been far far too long that the gaming industry has creating a game with such an excellent story and characters. If fact, it has probably been since HL2. The graphics are great and the gameplay is very fun and fast but the real magic lies in the art, story, music and unforgettable characters that creates probably one of if not the best game of the decade. I am usually quite harshIt has been far far too long that the gaming industry has creating a game with such an excellent story and characters. If fact, it has probably been since HL2. The graphics are great and the gameplay is very fun and fast but the real magic lies in the art, story, music and unforgettable characters that creates probably one of if not the best game of the decade. I am usually quite harsh with games since it has been a common practice for developers to shove out the same garbage year after year with little to no creativity or ingenuity but this game is one of those rare gems that surface every once in a blue moon. While not overly long it is still in my opinion a perfect length. I found myself not wanting to go to fast because I wanted to savor the story! Elisabeth is one of the most engaging female characters I have encountered since Alex Vance. There are few games that deserve a 10/10 but this is absolutely one of them. Expand
  61. Mar 30, 2013
    I never invested much time in the original BioShock games, so I came to BioShock Infinite with some what mild expectations and was half hopeful it would keep me entertained one afternoon. The game delivered that and much, much more. The story is a bit of a mind-twister, but adds to the allure that few if any games ever accomplishes. The gameplay is a roller coaster ride, and while I sayI never invested much time in the original BioShock games, so I came to BioShock Infinite with some what mild expectations and was half hopeful it would keep me entertained one afternoon. The game delivered that and much, much more. The story is a bit of a mind-twister, but adds to the allure that few if any games ever accomplishes. The gameplay is a roller coaster ride, and while I say that almost literally, there is so much going on that kept me entertained for hours on end. The graphics, while some might argue are outdone by other games in the FPS genre, are in my opinion, still freaking brilliant. The characters are also quite lively, especially Elizabeth, of whom probably belongs on some list for the best female NPCs ever made. While I hate to do this in a review, I simply cannot resist giving this game a 10/10. It is awesome! Expand
  62. Mar 29, 2013
    probably THE best game i played in my life its not the game of the year its the game of the decade.
    This game is a masterpiece something that will last for life.
  63. Apr 4, 2013
    It feels like you are playing a movie but three times longer and better. Amazing graphics, Amazing story. Not a single game out there made me care more a bout a certain character than bioshock infinate did. Masterpiece
  64. Mar 30, 2013
    Believe the hype. Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. The developers at Irrational Games have managed to provide yet another masterpiece to the gaming community, and this one will be talked about for years to come. It's a visually stunning accomplishment with an excellent narrative that challenges you to question the nature of life, death, and ultimately, your own reality
  65. Mar 30, 2013
    You've undoubtedly heard many praises surrounding this game, and it's my opinion that it lives up to the hype. The only thing i took issue with, was the somewhat "rigid" aiming system. It's not a impediment to enjoying gameplay, but as is, can be annoying at times. Graphics and voice work is excellent and although some people might disapprove of the "comic" inspired character designs, iYou've undoubtedly heard many praises surrounding this game, and it's my opinion that it lives up to the hype. The only thing i took issue with, was the somewhat "rigid" aiming system. It's not a impediment to enjoying gameplay, but as is, can be annoying at times. Graphics and voice work is excellent and although some people might disapprove of the "comic" inspired character designs, i enjoyed it. The story and character development is very well done, the details of which you'll have to find out yourselves. It's a welcome and worthy addition to the franchise, especially after the disappointment that was Bioshock 2. Expand
  66. Mar 30, 2013
    Fantastic game. The twist in the story alone is worth the price of admission, and when the last secrets of Bioshock Infinite emerged unexpectedly, my jaw literally hit the floor. Beautiful graphics and excellent use of the unreal engine. The gameplay while a little stripped down from the original dosnt diminish the quality present in the game and the skyhook you get to utilize later on inFantastic game. The twist in the story alone is worth the price of admission, and when the last secrets of Bioshock Infinite emerged unexpectedly, my jaw literally hit the floor. Beautiful graphics and excellent use of the unreal engine. The gameplay while a little stripped down from the original dosnt diminish the quality present in the game and the skyhook you get to utilize later on in the game is intense and fun to use. Elisabeth is an awesome character and by far my favourite female game character hands down. A ten out of ten in my opinion there really is nothing to complain about in this game. Expand
  67. May 16, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is a work of art. If you play it how it is meant to be played- by taking your time and exploring the game is extremely satisfying. The combat is fast paced and exciting but the best part is the story. The same level as a movie such as Inception. The game is beautiful and captivating.
  68. Apr 10, 2013
    People who think this game is overrated are probably either not honest did not take the time to play the games correctly ,Or have too much expectation of what a game should be TAKE YOU TIME ENJOY THE SHOW .

This is a very funky and cool game Of course the story was not written by Charles Dickens or Tolkien give them a break, come on ! The graphics are simply fabulous the blend

The graphics are simply fabulous the blend of Disney type and digital graphics is amazing the heroes and characters are credible and you get found of them the voice acting is perfect .

I am proud to have purchased this games and in the same time encouraged the peoples who have worked so hard on it !

I can describe the game as being an interactive cinematic story telling shooting gallery type EASY FUN AND BEAUTIFUL. A nice way to get out of the daily routine .

the games that i have loved Monkey island Half-life serie Fall-out 3 and LAS Vegas Titan quest Dead island Civilization
  69. Apr 5, 2013
    There is no denying that Bioshock: Infinite is a very well made game. The story is superb, the voice acting is great, and environments are spectacular. This game does everything possible to immerse you into a wonderful story.

The gameplay however, did not live up to my expectations. The presence of Elizabeth constantly handing you ammo and salts trivialized the otherwise frantic hunt for ammo and the need to try new weapons based on what was available. The enemy types also felt painfully repetitive and the "founder" enemy type with the machine guns felt very over used. Also, there was no need to try out any of the vigors as I progressed. Based on the descriptions, some of the first few vigors in the game (Shock Jockey, Devil's Kiss, and Murder of Crows to be exact) seemed like the best 3 vigors in the game. Same thing with the gear the first four items I found were never replaced because they seemed like the best gear I could have equipped leaving no real sense of progression throughout the campaign other than the occasional weapon upgrade.

The campaign was great but I do feel that some sections were unnecessarily elongated. During the middle of the campaign when you are searching for machines to make weapons and traveling back and forth between dimensions in the same area I did not feel any real sense of purpose and felt like I was aimlessly wandering. Additionally some aspects of the plot, while very interesting, felt overly complicated and it almost requires outside research to understand everything.

After beating the campaign, I felt no real desire to replay it. Most of the fun involved getting to the end and having everything explained to you to tie the story together. After knowing how it ends, playing the campaign again, ever on a harder difficulty, just seems like it wouldn't be as fun.
  70. Apr 9, 2013
    This game has a really somber story, which is definitely not something that i like, but I do approve of it on a more technical level. The writing is some of the most intricate I've ever witnessed, and everything is a 'logical' progression of events that you can follow if you're not trying to finish the game at 4 AM. I have a love/hate relationship with Bioshock Infinite, but I also have toThis game has a really somber story, which is definitely not something that i like, but I do approve of it on a more technical level. The writing is some of the most intricate I've ever witnessed, and everything is a 'logical' progression of events that you can follow if you're not trying to finish the game at 4 AM. I have a love/hate relationship with Bioshock Infinite, but I also have to respect it, because what it did; it did near perfectly. Expand
  71. Apr 4, 2013
    An outstanding game with an exciting and engaging story, a beautiful, detailed environment, and a unique combat system. The exploration alone makes the game worth buying. The story and pacing are both done extremely well, without any nonsense moral decisions tacked on. The only reason to dislike this game is if it falls outside your personal tastes. This game is about the story and theAn outstanding game with an exciting and engaging story, a beautiful, detailed environment, and a unique combat system. The exploration alone makes the game worth buying. The story and pacing are both done extremely well, without any nonsense moral decisions tacked on. The only reason to dislike this game is if it falls outside your personal tastes. This game is about the story and the ability to explore every corner and rooftop of the immersive environment of Columbia. Players who can appreciate these things will not be disappointed. In addition, elements like tears and skylines give a fresh new take on combat this is enjoyable and a break from the repetitive nature of most new shooters these days. Overall, an excellent game. Stop reading and go play it. Expand
  72. May 16, 2013
    A gorgeous world and intriguing story, inspired by utopian/dystopian fiction and American history. Expertly-crafted and beautiful game-world with enough stop-and-stare moments to fill your hat. Very polished and technically almost perfect. However, I would agree with some of the comments here that the gameplay just isnt' quite as good. The shooting is a fun experience, but nothing thatA gorgeous world and intriguing story, inspired by utopian/dystopian fiction and American history. Expertly-crafted and beautiful game-world with enough stop-and-stare moments to fill your hat. Very polished and technically almost perfect. However, I would agree with some of the comments here that the gameplay just isnt' quite as good. The shooting is a fun experience, but nothing that stands out. You won't remember the game for its gunfight action, but you will be mesmerised and propelled along by the sheer craft of the world, characters and unfolding story. If they had this world, mixed in with the kind of multi-choice gameplay dynamic of something like Dishonored, then the game could have got top marks. I'll certainly go back and play through again in the future a solid 8-8.5. Thanks Irrational! Expand
  73. May 24, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite takes everything we know about linear gameplay and does it all right. With an unrivalled plot, the likes of which overwhelm all but the 'A-est' of the A-list Hollywood movies, The most compelling efforts of the writers is to convey the underlying themes that don't become apparent until late on in the story and with a beautifully devious twist of an ending, it certainlyBioshock Infinite takes everything we know about linear gameplay and does it all right. With an unrivalled plot, the likes of which overwhelm all but the 'A-est' of the A-list Hollywood movies, The most compelling efforts of the writers is to convey the underlying themes that don't become apparent until late on in the story and with a beautifully devious twist of an ending, it certainly leaves the player wanting to get on the wiki site ti learn more. Bioshock Infinite is certainly one to be remembered, and with the nourishing level of detail, forgetting the beauty (and ensuing chaos) of Columbia will prove difficult for any gamer. With the physics engines and graphics cards of 2013, Infinite leaves us thinking "Damn, if only Rapture had looked this good."

If anything could be said against the game, it would be Irrational's lack of effort towards creating a fully function AI society. Whilst the player is indeed submerged in a city with non-aggressive AI to bolster the feeling that you are in a real human settlement and not just a war zone, Irrational struggles to do this improvement over the game's predecessors any real justice with the lack of interaction between the AI and the player itself. One finds themself questioning the difference between taking stuff from a chest of drawers and taking stuff from a chest of drawers with the word 'steal' at the bottom of the screen, demonstrating the scripted incidents carried out by the competely robotic artificial intelligence.
  74. Mar 27, 2013
    For me, this game is Portal 2 all over again. As a game compared to universal standards it's awesome, but compared to its predecessor (I only acknowledge the first), it falls short. But it certainly goes pretty far to meet the bar set by the original Bioshock. The beginning is an atmospheric masterpiece, but after a minor complication with your first escape attempt the plot loses someFor me, this game is Portal 2 all over again. As a game compared to universal standards it's awesome, but compared to its predecessor (I only acknowledge the first), it falls short. But it certainly goes pretty far to meet the bar set by the original Bioshock. The beginning is an atmospheric masterpiece, but after a minor complication with your first escape attempt the plot loses some steam. Later in the game, the plot turns upside down in typical Bioshock fashion, and though it's well executed I didn't much care for it. As always, the ending is mindblowing and anyone who uploads a video of it should be shot on sight. Graphics aren't earth-shattering, but the lip-syching and voice acting are phenomenal. Probably the best part of the whole game is the interactions between Booker and Elizabeth as their relationship changes throughout the story. Conversations are believable with just the right amount of ambiguity to keep you guessing about the story, and Elizabeth is by far the best videogame support character in history, barely nudging out Alyx Vance of the Half-Life series. This game should never be sold for less than $50, but I do take issue with the "pre-purchase DLC" scam they've got going on on Steam. Expand
  75. Mar 27, 2013
    16 hours, (smelling all the roses, one play-through half on hard half on medium difficulties) Now I go to watch lets play's from my favourite commentators and scarer Youtube and the "internets" for anything trivially connected to BioShock (including playing Dishonored from Bethesda!) I don't want to be done with BioShock, I want more. A position which most story tellers would want16 hours, (smelling all the roses, one play-through half on hard half on medium difficulties) Now I go to watch lets play's from my favourite commentators and scarer Youtube and the "internets" for anything trivially connected to BioShock (including playing Dishonored from Bethesda!) I don't want to be done with BioShock, I want more. A position which most story tellers would want their patrons to be in. Now to critique the game. The Good I feel that much of the game's developers deserves awards big time! The sound and art in particular the composers, designers, artists. Did one almighty polish of this game. The best thing about most AAA computer games experience these days is that they are separate from Hollywood, in this case better too. In the future I have no doubt this will be even more prominent.

The Bad Balance. For a polished game being over budget and over developed the balance and combat design is far sub-par of the rest of the experience. Partially understandable, since in a lot of places the combat takes a back seat to the overall experience (within context). This combat is suppose to be largely about vigor's, whilst there was nods to it, there were no large NPC emphasis. I can count on one hand the NPC's that used vigor's. I guess it was slightly better then constant quick time events. This by far was the weakest of the overall BioShock experience, though forgiveable given the rest of the experience. Some people would say lack of manual save games, i would agree. Performance was a little gluey in some areas. The sky line. I would of preferred a little more use of it. There is a certain upgrade that makes you invulnerable jumping on and off it, that was a bit of a balance cheat, however its upto the patron to want to do that or use another character upgrade. The Ugly Character modelling was sub-par, I don't think this cities was meant to be about clones [maybe it was] I can't tell if that was a short-cut, a convenience or a limitation or if it made sense once you get most of the story. Too much of the textures were basic 3d meshes, not sure if that was intentional.
  76. Mar 30, 2013
    Undoubtedly one of the greatest games I have played in a long time. A must buy for anyone and everyone. If you have doubts about this game, don't, your purchase is justified. However, try to play the game knowing as little as possible to get the full experience
  77. Mar 30, 2013
    I've known about this game for at least two years prior to its release. I suspect that Irrational began working on this one right after they released the first game of the series. The atmosphere and narrative in this game are unique and immersing, and make it stand out amongst other run-of-the-mill zombie, WWII, or 21st century-based shooters. It's clear that Irrational put massive timeI've known about this game for at least two years prior to its release. I suspect that Irrational began working on this one right after they released the first game of the series. The atmosphere and narrative in this game are unique and immersing, and make it stand out amongst other run-of-the-mill zombie, WWII, or 21st century-based shooters. It's clear that Irrational put massive time and effort into this game's development. The game-play does echo that of the first Bioshock in some ways. Vigors are like Plasmids, and Salts are like Eve. Each gun and Vigor is upgradeable, and there are plenty of vending machines from which you can purchase supplies and said upgrades. My only real complaint about this game you can only carry up to two guns at a time. Fans of Halo or Crysis are probably used to this, but I'd personally like to have at least an additional weapon slot or two. Still, this doesn't hinder overall game-play too much. I like the fact that you don't have to babysit Elizabeth like you did Ashley from Resident Evil 4. She knows her way around a fight and knows how to assist Dewitt, even though she remains unarmed. But she never feels like a burden. Also, you don't have some Irishman asking if "you would kindly" be his errand boy every five minutes over a comm radio. You pretty much explore the world on your own as you would a Metroid game, though Elizabeth does drop hints on occasion as guidance. Though I've beaten this game once, it feels like one of those movies that has to be watched a second time in order to understand it better. Maybe I have to play through it a second time to better understand the story. Overall though, this is one of those rare moments where the game lives up to the hype, like Half-Life 2 did in 2004. The ratings, both by Critics and Users, are no joke. Try this game at least once in life. Expand
  78. Mar 31, 2013
    Absolutly outstanding game, A deserved 10 and GOTY 2013. Show your support for the videogame industry and purchase this game, if you don't reward something good they might disapear. Think about it.
  79. Mar 27, 2013
    If one day, the developers of Assassin's Creeed, BioShock and The Elder Scroll meet to make a game, the outcome could be:
    - a total disaster
    - the first real interactive experience worth this name in history
  80. Mar 29, 2013
    I was skeptical of Bioshock Infinite at first, but I'll admit most of that was from getting my hopes up for Aliens Colonial Marines, but this game absolutely blew me away. WOW! Simply stunning. It feels like its been forever since such an absolutely rock solid ENVELOPING game has hit ANY system! I enjoyed Bioshock, I really enjoyed Bioshock 2, but since I picked it up on Wednesday night,I was skeptical of Bioshock Infinite at first, but I'll admit most of that was from getting my hopes up for Aliens Colonial Marines, but this game absolutely blew me away. WOW! Simply stunning. It feels like its been forever since such an absolutely rock solid ENVELOPING game has hit ANY system! I enjoyed Bioshock, I really enjoyed Bioshock 2, but since I picked it up on Wednesday night, this game has completely entranced me. The last time a game had this effect on me was when Fallout 3 came out, and I started playing right after work, only to look at my watch (what felt like an hour later) and realize I had to get up and go to work in 2 hours. This game is absolute gold, and I added an extra half point for the decision to NOT include multiplayer.

Everything about this game is top notch. The voice acting, the solid responsive controls, the graphics (which numerous times took my breath away.... on XBOX360 even), the sound. The weapons are all satisfying, upgradable, and feel like they do appropriate damage (I CHALLENGE you not to shout YEAH!! the first time you perform a melee execution). The beloved Plasmids have been cast aside in exchange for Vigors, which are actually even more satisfying to use (setting a group of badguys ablaze and then shooting a murder of crows at them is wildly fun) Everything was given exactly the right amount of attention. What really steals the show however is the story line. In the first two installments we had atheism and science gone awry. Now it is the Tea Party gone wild in 1912 draped in glorious retro/futuristic visuals. Instead of deep in the ocean however, someone turned the damned lights on, and now we're soaring in the clouds. This is what worried me initially since the first two games just dripped atmosphere, but here Irrational Games knocked it out of the park, blending bright airy open spaces with genuinely creepy interiors, all populated by strikingly well designed badguys. On top of all of this, they've removed most of the water from the game, which Im sure had some purists like myself wondering how it would be pulled off.... the answer is that instead of water, you can tear open the fabric of space and time, and cross dimensions, which repeatedly left me mindblown throughout the course of the game. This feeling again though reminded me of how completely immersed I was in the game, and how fully they'd suspended my disbelief. Um cons. Lets see. I had a graphics glitch at one point where a big red line appeared across the top of my screen. That is all. Yes. this game IS that good. It is seriously one of the best games I've ever played, an absolutely magnificent work of art.
  81. Apr 5, 2013
    I can't ask for anything more in a game. Fantastic story told right. Absolutely gorgeous ambientation. Well written characters. "Just-right" pace and mechanics. A game that lasts long enough and still leave you wanting more.

What it gets right completely make it up for the game`s forgettable flaws. If I have to complain about something i would say that the story is a little too focused on the main characters leaving some important side characters without a strong sense of purpose. (but even that kind of makes sense by the end)

Strongly recommended! games don't get much better than this. That is... story focused games don`t get much better than this. If you are all about casual games and online multiplayer this may leave you wanting more.
  82. Apr 1, 2013
    Another fantastic title in the BioShock franchise, if you loved any of the other BioShock games, you'll love Infinite. Much like all of the other BioShock games, you do not need to play one, to understand the others, as they all have their own independent story line and characters. The game looks wonderful and plays wonderful.

I took two points off of BioShock Infinite, the first being

I took two points off of BioShock Infinite, the first being there is way, way, way too much combat in the game. Every 10 seconds it's room after room of enemy swarms, flooding the room, attacking you. I found myself enjoying the more peaceful missions better then cutting through hordes of people.

The second reason why I deducted a point was simply how linear the game was. I feel as though it could have been a little bit more open ended. I know we cannot expect this of the BioShock franchise, but a more open world would have been greatly appreciated. In a floating city driven by rail based travel, the world is fairly closed and basically pushes you through the entire story, almost as if down a hallway. All in all, it's exactly what you'd come to expect from a BioShock game, it looks good, plays good and sounds good. As always the story and characters are compelling and interesting. I am sure this will be a game of the year FPS in 2013.
  83. Apr 4, 2013
    Really, it is a wonderful game with a great story and unforgettable gameplay i reccomend this game to everyone. The only thing i miss is the co-operative and a various endings but, i hope, it will come in DLC. Great job 2K and Irrational!
  84. Mar 28, 2013
    I really enjoyed playing through the game. The praises well there is so much buzz around this game that I'm sure you know the good bits. There were a few irritants, though ...

1) The enemies aren't fantastic. I don't fault the AI as much as other people; the enemies just weren't as fantastic or varied as in past Bioshock games. It's aggravating that there were even commercials featuring the Boys of Silence enemy type, because they really do anything. The majority of the fights are between you, cops, street rabble, and a handful of robots. Combat itself is kind of boring, too, attacking with maybe a third of the available weapon types and only 1 type of enemy using anything resembling a vigor.

2) Level interaction was weird and limited. Sometimes, I could walk off the city and die. Other times, I couldn't jump over a handrail to fight in the street.

3) Most weapons and powers felt like a waste of time. The vigors seemed to be tailored to really specific situations, mostly, with a couple of them appropriate for general applications. The same with the guns.
  85. Mar 30, 2013
    A magnificent game that truly does justice to the concept of video games as an art form. The amount of attention to detail and the quality of workmanship shines through and through.
  86. May 13, 2013
    helloarty gave this game a 0, and said that it was just another call of duty clone. this dumbass retard clearly never played bioshock infinite. it is not even remotely close to the gameplay, story and art of call of duty. helloartty should go get aids. please do the world a favor.
  87. Mar 30, 2013
    I rarely write reviews but Bioshock Infinite is one of those very few games which live up to the mark, honestly speaking this is a game i have really enjoyed after Half-Life 2, perhaps i can confidently say its the best game made in the past 6-7 years. It is better than Bioshock in a number of ways as the narrative is very deep and twisted, at the end of the game you will be all blank andI rarely write reviews but Bioshock Infinite is one of those very few games which live up to the mark, honestly speaking this is a game i have really enjoyed after Half-Life 2, perhaps i can confidently say its the best game made in the past 6-7 years. It is better than Bioshock in a number of ways as the narrative is very deep and twisted, at the end of the game you will be all blank and shocked. Graphically the game is a visual treat as Colombia looks stunningly fresh and vivid, a perfect feel of a city floating in the sky midst of clouds and the bright shiny sun rays scattered all across the things you can possibly see, it really feels believable and real, as far as the gameplay goes its exactly what bioshock is meant to do, and this time you can use your weapons and vigors together just like in bioshock 2 which completely changes the combat system and every vigor has an alternative fire which can be used for tactical gameplay, especially on hard because the game really felt difficult. Sound design is also very good and the art direction is very strong, despite of the unreal engine showing its age now there is never a moment where i felt that the game was lacking a graphical use, the dev's managed to pull it off in a beautiful way. But graphics are really not that important in this game as its more dependent on its plot, narration and gameplay, Elizabeth is beyond the conventional AI partner that we have seen in past video games, she literally interacts with the environment in a variety of ways, helps during combat it feels like a human is controlling her, its more like an invention sort of a thing which is one of the most strongest points in the game. Its clear that Bioshock Infinite is a game made for intellectuals and a necessity for the generation to realize the definition of a stellar game, performance is also ace on the PC, even on a core 2 duo and HD 5670 i managed to pull it off using ultra textures and everything set to high along with AA, got good frames, im glad they decided to optimize it for the PC as i have read in reviews that its not so good on the consoles. This game is stellar and im happy to say my faith in gaming is restored,

Thanks Ken and Irrational!!! This is surely a FLAWLESS MASTERPIECE!
  88. Jul 30, 2013
    Enchanting. Top notch game experience. The developers built an amazing world, and told an interesting story. YOU MUST PLAY THIS.

One of the best games I ever played.
  89. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was a pretty big fan of the original Bioshock though I never played Bioshock 2. I came into this game having not really payed attention to press releases other than the trailers, not really having any specific expectations for the gameplay, and not really knowing what was or was not promised. I'm going to try and review it from that perspective since it seems the most negativity I see is aimed at the lack of things apparently promised in pre-release hype. I'm also going to analyze the plot a bit so their will be spoilers. I am also going to review this from the point of view of a person who is not a huge FPS fan in general as I really am not. Gameplay: In terms of gameplay, Bioshock Infinite is not really as innovative as apparently a lot of people expected, but from my perspective, while not everything it does works perfectly, it works well enough to at least be very fun and engaging. The gameplay is less revolutionary and more like an evolution or crossbreeding of ideas from other games before it (but then again crossbreeding ideas is the cornerstone of the creative process). It has both a regenerating shield and a health bar that needs to be maintained, it has something like the Plasmids from the first game (but they really only serve to give you more options on how to approach the challenges presented to you rather than being entirely crucial to winning, and some of them are basically useless), and it has the two-guns at a time mechanic popularized by Halo so many years ago, though not all the guns are of equal usefulness. The gameplay also revolves more around larger, more open air battlefield style areas than the original Bioshock did while retaining the emphasis on making use of what is in the environment strategically, including mechanics to add and remove key elements from the environment. If you do or do not like the gameplay decisions they made will really depend on your taste in FPS gameplay mechanics in general. I personally love the more narrative focused FPS games in general over the multiplayer-focused ones and many of the design decisions here are apparently made for the sake of making the action and narrative more of the focus with a constant-flow without any sort of story-pausing abrupt interrupts, hence the tendency towards linearity, the lack of hacking mechanics and the reduction of lock picking mechanics to a single button command. I like that kind of gameplay, you may not. Story While Bioshock was already pretty heavily story driven, Bioshock Infinite is even more so, in a way, narrative is what this game is all about. The game takes place in a fantastical setting designed to spark the imagination in that unique way that has made steampunk so popular. The game is thematically very similar to the original Bioshock: It has a false utopia brimming with internal conflict upon which an outsider with an apparent connection to the place is lead to by circumstances where they get caught up in that conflict (in this case, they witness the collapse rather than arrive after it happened). Like the original bioshock, the false utopia is built upon a historical political ideology, in this case, the flying city of Columbia is based on late 19th century American Exceptionalism taken to a excessive, religious extreme. This has tended to lead to a fairly touchy matter. A number of negative reviews I have seen from users here seem to express offense at the seeming negative commentary the game is making of religious conservatives. But the thing is, no opinion from the developers is ever explicitly stated, what is implied is ambiguous and open to interpretation as there really is only one character who does not (at first) exist in a moral grey-area, and the story isn't even *about* the social commentary made anyway. The story *really* is about two outsiders caught in a conflict between two radically different and very opposite political philosophies (that are both essentially depicted negatively) and, by the second half, becoming enemies to *both* sides, and their story is really about exploring themes of fate and destiny, self-knowledge and identity, guilt and redemption, abandonment and reunion. But mostly the story is all about character, particularly the main female character of Elisabeth, much of the story focuses on *her* development as a character from a relatively innocent idealistic character to a mature, wiser, more sober character by the end. In many ways, she is the real main character, being the the catalyst for everything that happens in the game.

To sun it up Great narrative, fantastic setting, gameplay elements that work well but do not break the game when they do not. I reccomend giving it a playthrough. I'm going to give this game a score of "generally favorable" which means I have to give it an 8 since, apparently, a 7 is like an "F" for most video game reviews and all other numbers below that are basically meaningless.
  90. Mar 29, 2013
    Don't listen to all the idiots that say this isn't on par, it's way above and beyond my expectations. It really takes a lot to get me to play a single player game, and so far this game has been bringing me back to play every night which is very rare. Definitely one of the few games this year that will be loved by almost everyone from all groups of gamers. Everything has already been saidDon't listen to all the idiots that say this isn't on par, it's way above and beyond my expectations. It really takes a lot to get me to play a single player game, and so far this game has been bringing me back to play every night which is very rare. Definitely one of the few games this year that will be loved by almost everyone from all groups of gamers. Everything has already been said in other reviews, this game is just pure gold all around. Expand
  91. Lap
    Mar 31, 2013
    Honestly this is one of the most captivating stories in a game by far. Graphics fit the game, I see a lot of complaints about graphics, but that is not the games type of art style. The world is beautiful and I could not help myself from learning everything and exploring everywhere. The character Elizabeth is a necessity while playing through the game, as she adds so much to engage you inHonestly this is one of the most captivating stories in a game by far. Graphics fit the game, I see a lot of complaints about graphics, but that is not the games type of art style. The world is beautiful and I could not help myself from learning everything and exploring everywhere. The character Elizabeth is a necessity while playing through the game, as she adds so much to engage you in the story. Never have I finished a game and felt sad for the protagonist like this one. The game is overwhelming in how much you get attached to the characters and the ending is probably the best ending to any game I've ever played. It is a very confusing story and requires a lot of paying attention, but it is worth it. The game has its own art style and atmosphere, and if you don't pay attention, the story can leave you behind.

P.s. Ignore the petty comments towards graphics and people not understanding the game. It is well worth the $60 and it should not have its artistic style based on other bland games that focus on more realistic looking humans.
  92. Mar 30, 2013
    It seems like it has been a lifetime since I have experienced such a breathtaking creative feat as Bioshock Infinite. The quality of this game surpasses all expectations I had, even after the masterpiece that was the original Bioshock. From the graphical fidelity, to the character development, and sense of environment, this game surprises me with it's sheer beauty at every turn. TheIt seems like it has been a lifetime since I have experienced such a breathtaking creative feat as Bioshock Infinite. The quality of this game surpasses all expectations I had, even after the masterpiece that was the original Bioshock. From the graphical fidelity, to the character development, and sense of environment, this game surprises me with it's sheer beauty at every turn. The intricacies and boundaries of storytelling have been pushed far beyond any other game, as you discover the true story of Columbia not only through conventional dialogue, but also posters and signs littering the environment, and side conversations from seemingly meaningless people on the streets. Bioshock Infinite sincerely shows how video games can find their place among the giants of books and movies, as story-telling mediums that can create an experience that is truly one of a kind. Expand
  93. Apr 2, 2013
    PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE READING ANY OF THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE READING ANY OF THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS

Bioshock Infinite was exactly what it needed to be. It was a Bioshock game that was also the third game in a series. It had many characteristics of the original games in it, but it also had many new features that a third game needs to have. To all of the people that were complaining about it being too linear I say they must not have tried to explore. Plus, you must not have played the original games, because it was just as linear as the originals. If the story line was confusing to you, I can understand why you didn't like it. It was a really well told story that was as original as a story can be these days. Everything has been done under the sun.

The game play was similar and yet different from the first two games. It had to be that way because if it was exactly the same as the first game, then people would complain about that. As I said, it was what it needed to be. To the people that complain that it is just not a believable story, then A) you must not have played through the game completely (or you weren't really paying attention) or B) Your completely over thinking it and I bet that you hate science fiction games/movies in general. If it is really that hard to believe, then I don't understand how you liked the first two games (if you did, and if you didn't then you shouldn't leave a comment) and you should probably go back to non-fiction books. For all of those people who said they don't understand why they should care about the story-line, I say how couldn't you? The very basics of the story are heart breaking. A girl locked up by her father and experimented on? That is engaging by it self. The rest is a ridiculous amount of gravy.

I will say that the enemies were a bit repetitive. I get that. Wasn't the first game's enemies? I agree that the Handymen (Big Dadies) were not too common, but they had other things to fight in there place, and plus they would have gotten old if they had been common. The controls were not clunky, they just were not what your used to. Don't be lazy and fix them, I did and it improved my skill and experience immensely.

To those complaining about the graphics, what games that have come out recently have better graphics? Sure, there are games with better graphics, like Battlefield 3, but those graphics wouldn't have added anything to the game. The graphics that the game had were exactly the quality that it need to look good, add to the experience, but not take away from the game play (aka killing Frames Per Second or making some peoples computers not be able to play it at all).

To sum up, most of the things that people are complaining about are pointless, laziness, misunderstanding, or just simply ridiculous. This game is amazing, not quite perfect but pretty close. Get this game. I recommend playing the first one at least if you haven't already.
  94. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is REALLY great, and I rarely say that about any game. The story is extremely awesome, the characters too, and the world is mesmerizing. The gun-play is pretty fun and the graphics are really impressive looking. A lot of people are complaining about the high amount of bloom in this game, but they don't seem to realize that this game takes place in the CLOUDS, so naturally, bloomThis game is REALLY great, and I rarely say that about any game. The story is extremely awesome, the characters too, and the world is mesmerizing. The gun-play is pretty fun and the graphics are really impressive looking. A lot of people are complaining about the high amount of bloom in this game, but they don't seem to realize that this game takes place in the CLOUDS, so naturally, bloom will be abundant. Also, a lot of people are complaining about the ending. Please disregard all these complaints, as it's simply because they didn't pay attention to the story/they don't possess the brain power to process what happened. The plot is THE MOST complicated thing I have ever experienced, and I love it. After I finished the game I had to look up "ending explained" and such, just to see what others made of it. It's extremely intriguing and I couldn't have asked for any other ending. Now so far I've been doing nothing but smothering this game with love, so you may be wondering why I didn't give it a 10. There are several factors that lead to this. There are many small things in this game that bothered me throughout the game, such as invisible walls that prevented me from taking cover in locations that I'd originally expect to be able to go into. Also, it is possible to go ahead of the story, location wise, so I'd be able to go to location A, I wouldn't be able proceed past that for whatever reason (that is explained and is fair), but then I'd go the quest in location B where I was told to go to location A, and then Elizabeth and I would be asking "Where is this location A?", even though we were just there. Another problem I had is that some of the vigors seem rather useless and the player doesn't seem to have much incentive to use them over some of the others. For example, the water vigor (don't remember what it was called), simply seems to be worse in every way than the possession vigor, so why would I use my salt on something worse? There were various other smaller issues I had with the game, and though they were trivial, they started to add up as I went along. I feel that had Irrational just added/fixed a couple of these things, the game would be flawless. Don't listen to all the haters who're giving this game anything less than a 7, they don't have any knowledge on what they're talking about, and should be disregarded. Expand
  95. Mar 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Words cannot describe how amazing this game is, especially on the PC. Bioshock Infinite tells a very great story that when it comes to the end, will honestly shock and confuse many people, but in a good way. When I completed this game, I honestly didn't know how to feel about the ending, but now that I've seen it explained, I can appreciate it more. The game play is very solid, the amount of fun you can have zipping around skylines and dive bombing enemies from above is almost infinite (no pun intended), and the weapons in the game are very well made. Other combat mechanics, like tears and Elizabeth aiding you with supplies, where also very nice touches and made the combat a lot more unique, without making the game incredibly easy. The main characters in the game, Booker and Elizabeth, are probably the best duo in recent gaming. Irrational Games didn't even need to make it romantic, and I'm thankful they didn't. All they needed to do was make their relationship and their story believable (well, other than the flying cities, but I digress). The Songbird, despite not having any dialogue at all, is easily one of the best anti-heroes I've seen in a game. Not the best, but up there at least. There are also little moments in the game that truly help get some comic relief or joy in an otherwise depressing story. This includes the Lutece twins, and the scene where Booker begins playing guitar while Elizabeth sings along. Moments like these, the overall story of the game, and the great game play make this game an unforgettable experience. Play this game at all costs, and definitely get it on the PC if you have one that can run the game. Expand
  96. May 6, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a masterpieces game. Game, not something else. Because only here Ken Levin as general director of the game combined shooter, narrative, LIVE characters and give us blow-away mix of plot and the whole story itself.
    From the beginning till the final this game will give you unstoppable action not on monitor, but in your head. Your minds and thoughts will kill you in dead try to understand how it all works here. And if you think you know, please... Check the final of the game.
    The gameplay itself gives to the player options. Even here we have freedom of choice story touch this theme We can only shoot by guns, or we can only use vigors. We can combine them, we can not it's only our choice. Somebody see here a problem, but I'm not. You want to survive on 1999 mod dif-ty? Use everything you have. No? Your choice, but then don't complain. We have lots of weapons and 8 vigors. How to use you decide.
    Elizabeth is alive. She is not like alive, she is alive. You trust her, you worship on her. It's hard to imagine what work Irrational Games had done, because how Liz moves, act, look at something, how she even talk impress you. This is you SHOCK, BIO comes from Vigors.
    For me it's hard to describe Bioshock in a few words. Cause this is a huge product, huge game. This is a story, an art which should be in each creator's mind. How Levin loves details and how shock us next corner. Of course there are minuses. Sometimes you don't want to shoot and just want pass through enemies, but they don't give you a chance. May be old versions of the levels were better and more large, open. And somebody can looks differently on the gameplay freedom to shoot with or without vigors. But please, where did you see the game or something without minuses? As Lutece twins said: "This is just a point of perspective. I see Dead. And I see alive."
    Bioshock Infinite is a must have game. Because this is not only a game as we use to think or use to play, this is an art, drama, new world itself.
  97. Mar 28, 2013
    This is a solid Bioshock game with alot of added new things. If your a fan of the first game youll love it.
    The character thats with you (elizabeth) is actually likeable and very helpful. The skylines you ride on are awesome especially fighting on them. Its a new and fresh idea to a game like this. Theres still alot of things to click on and collect like the other bioshock games, so they do a good job of making it new but not taking away from that bioshock feel. overall a great solid game. The reason i just couldnt give it a 10 is grahics are kinda outta date about 4 yrs. ago looks like fable 2. and characters are laughable at times, they do a great job with using smoke to hide the look of the game in places but other than that get this game...awesome
  98. Apr 3, 2013
    Overhiped. SERIOUSLY overhiped, out of proportions. But that doesnt make it bad game. I could understand those score games from users, but to sertain extent. But giving this game 0 or 4 is overreacting just like giving it pure 10. Except in pretty design, great story, fluent gameplay, this game is step backwards comparing to original Bioshock.AI have some issues. Besides beign almostOverhiped. SERIOUSLY overhiped, out of proportions. But that doesnt make it bad game. I could understand those score games from users, but to sertain extent. But giving this game 0 or 4 is overreacting just like giving it pure 10. Except in pretty design, great story, fluent gameplay, this game is step backwards comparing to original Bioshock.AI have some issues. Besides beign almost completelly unchalenging, they also have a habit to act strange when dors are closing behind you. You get back into place where there was a bloody fighting seconds ago, but they wonder around like nothing happened.They are also completelly ignoring Elizabeth, but its ok, atleast you dont have to babysit her all the time. Mentioning Elizabeth, nothing important, but its a bit annoying when she wants to pass you ammo or something, if you dont react in a second she wont throw it at all. Also, I really wanted to see those details which devs were mentioning about her s interaction with enviroment in idle moments, but as soon I take a step to get a better view she leaves whatever she was doing, and resumes to follow you.Like I said gameplay is fluent and fun, but nothing you aint saw already in original Bioshock.Travell system in Columbia is great addition, but game is linear anyways, with clear mission, without alternative endings. Too many hipe doesnt helps, when you expect too much usually you get disappointed. But nevertheless game is great, but not how much critics are praising. Expand
  99. Mar 30, 2013
    My previous review was a bit off, this game is great, almost the best of the best. In fact I was surprised at this game, it was nothing like I expected and it is captivating from beginning to end. Also somehow, although the game has no real replay value, it forces you to continuously play it, it's just that great. 10/10

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]