8.5

1. Mar 26, 2013
    Easily one of the finest games of this or any other generation! Just like Telltale's the Walking Dead this game has characters you actually grow attached to. In terms of gameplay it outwits both of the previous Bioshock games and in story it blows them out of the water (or should I say sky) completely!
  2. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is simply stunnig and it's really hard to explain the Game 'cause there are so much much memorable moments in it. Everything kinda in this game just works completely perfectly with everything else! I can't wait for the DLC's!
  3. Mar 27, 2013
    100 of 10.. Game of the Year! Ken The game broken all my mind. As if reading the best book in the world. My favorite franchise BioShock. 2k games Best.
  4. Mar 29, 2013
    Have not seen better game since original Bioshock of new era. This is a masterpiece no matter what anyone personal feeling of setup is. Game works as a game it keep you with the game world as game should, mechanics works pretty well, although, as an shooter it's a bit choppy time to time, but since you just wanna see more of it it doesn't even bother. The engine sense I think graphicsHave not seen better game since original Bioshock of new era. This is a masterpiece no matter what anyone personal feeling of setup is. Game works as a game it keep you with the game world as game should, mechanics works pretty well, although, as an shooter it's a bit choppy time to time, but since you just wanna see more of it it doesn't even bother. The engine sense I think graphics looks great they could of done better job at optimizing it as running pretty heavy setups and yet can't get ultra or even very high to work in playable fps tells me something could of been done better. I'll rate this 10 any day over stuff I have seen in past 2 years in gaming. Hell, having hard time to even compare this at old school shooters which were good as this one, but this sure will be one of golden pieces in gaming history remembered for whole year 2013. Expand
  5. Mar 31, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game. Everything perfect to me: action, story, npc, end of story. Has a little problems with graphic options, but i assume, that trouble in my computer. Elizabeth most beautiful game character i have seen before. 10 of 10. GOTY for me. Thx to
  6. Mar 31, 2013
    By far the best game that I've ever played. Great voice acting, beautiful graphics, open combat environments that encourage creativity, commentary on turn of the century ideas of race and nationalism, innovative and incredibly compelling and moving story, and (of course) probably the best character that has even been in a video game. Irrational did an incredible job to create thisBy far the best game that I've ever played. Great voice acting, beautiful graphics, open combat environments that encourage creativity, commentary on turn of the century ideas of race and nationalism, innovative and incredibly compelling and moving story, and (of course) probably the best character that has even been in a video game. Irrational did an incredible job to create this masterpiece of a game. Many people are already saying GOTY, but as far as I'm concerned, I will never play a game that evoked as much emotion in me as Bioshock Infinite. Expand
  7. Apr 4, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is simply stunning. Very flexible combat with tons of powers, guns, and different enemy types make for pure adrenaline-fueled fun. The story is decisively mature, tackling racism, space & time, and the illusion of choice not only in games, but also in life. What most games are content to shy away from, Infinite embraces these topics head on. A most own, in my opinion.Bioshock Infinite is simply stunning. Very flexible combat with tons of powers, guns, and different enemy types make for pure adrenaline-fueled fun. The story is decisively mature, tackling racism, space & time, and the illusion of choice not only in games, but also in life. What most games are content to shy away from, Infinite embraces these topics head on. A most own, in my opinion. Playing on the 360 version, I did notice an inconsistent framerate almost throughout, if anything this is proof why we need a new generation of console hardware. Go for the PC version if your computer can run it. It controls great and while it is derivative of Bioshock 1, is completely unique and highly improved, and you will love the great atmosphere. Whereas Rapture from Bioshock 1 was an anarchist's utopia turned dystopia, Colombia is a theocratic dictatorship that strives for racial purification. The game has enormous detail and really respects its source materials. You feel like Colombia could be a real place. The ending is one of the best I've seen in a game, and the dialogue feels very natural, thanks to some fantastic voice acting. I love combining the powers and guns and jumping around the skylines, and just getting lost in the incredible world of Colombia. A MUST PLAY, RENTAL AT MINIMUM. Expand
  8. Apr 5, 2013
    %&$*ing haters. Let's see you do better at making something this good.
    If you wanted another Bioshock1 or 2 just go replay those. This was a great game and 1999 mode is pretty beast.
  9. Apr 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow. Simply put, wow. Definitely the best game I've played since 2000, and easily in my top 5 of all time. From beginning to end it is a visual, game play, and dramatic aspects are all amazing. The constant interaction between Booker and Elizabeth finally give a love for the characters that previous Bioshock games were lacking. On my first play through I was unprepared for the ending, and while at first it was almost a slap to the face, on my second tome through I took more time, and noticed all of the little things they did throughout the game that all made sense now, and gave me a significantly deeper appreciation for he story. Beautiful game, made even better with a second time through. As a side note, kudos to developer Irrational games for not kneeling to the multiplayer crisis that plagues gaming. More games should be this plot driven, and focusing on telling a wonderful, yet tragic story, rather than making hours and hours and hours of mindless multiplayer. Expand
  10. Apr 6, 2013
    Passed the game more races I think it's a necessity to everyone in terms of understanding the plot. Combine all the pieces of the plot. Realized that the seemingly simple plot and jokes at the beginning of the game at all, and no joke, and a huge puzzle where there is no chance and everything has a logical explanation of where millions of worlds and characters together in the worldPassed the game more races I think it's a necessity to everyone in terms of understanding the plot. Combine all the pieces of the plot. Realized that the seemingly simple plot and jokes at the beginning of the game at all, and no joke, and a huge puzzle where there is no chance and everything has a logical explanation of where millions of worlds and characters together in the world BioShock Infinite.

Again plunged the world into a utopia Columbia now with a more serious attitude to the transfer and without slack-jawed (Sorry) began collecting puzzle of this incredible story. Indeed all is not accidental, and passing for the second time more interesting (if not strange). Understood all that had not previously understood. All more or less falls into place. And I'm too young to play and was surprised the world again and again start the game and the city of Columbia as a child I was fascinated by a toy. More races thanks to the developers for such a great job, so I was amazed and TES FallOut and hope to surprise no races. Adventure in several worlds at least unofficially, to play for his bad ego, to save his daughter as though you would know and not know it. Being here and there. All this is more than decorate the passing game in the second and more races. Inspect all and see something new that had not noticed before, or that you realize that I could not understand. The plot is very hard to understand. Just epic. Such games are not enough. Go ahead and do it, not everyone can, and who can receive such laurels which were Irrational Games. Game done with incredible love, hurt important topics. Everything worked out, every detail. All this makes a huge impression, the beauty of the world changes over time, revealing his black half, the world of bright colors goes to dark tones. The world who wanted to be perfect in the end was far from it. And the religion that has the primary role in Colombia a weapon of manipulation. Discrimination, the division between rich and poor. The working class and the capitalists. Wrestling. We're changing history of Colombia. Game as I said is very similar to Dishonored, seen almost from the beginning of the game. But all the time of the devil and adventure which he had never been to, we were accompanied by Elizabeth. For me, Elizabeth became the main element of the game and I think the developers would like it and there is a sense of adventure in this Utopian little world. Incredible "live" Elizabeth takes us the whole game, and in general that protects us, and we were not the usual in games. Developers simply falling for us in it and it changes the whole game, exploring the world finds freedom. Actually a lot of what I've seen here in a different light, the main character aka Booker DeWitt think relinquish Elizabeth, as she has a greater weight and that I remembered. And the beauty of it certainly is impressive. Generally consider it the best partner, the character of women's gender, and lock with a "live" and moving the entire history of games. I think it is impossible to forget.

Verdict:

That's because of these masterpieces can be called the art of the video game industry, what perhaps may open a new covered that in the beginning it seems a joke, at the end of the main part of the adventure, what may seem to be and that which is not there. And the fact that it does not. I realized that he did not understand in the beginning. Pazl.Alleluia collected.
  11. Apr 6, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite was the best experience I have ever had in gaming. The story line was so clever, the gameplay was extremely fun, and the scenery, good Lord, it was amazing! The surrounding was so accurate to its time. Elizabeth was outstanding. She will certainly be remembered throughout the ages of gaming as the greatest female companion in my book. This game was just perfect.
  12. May 22, 2013
    Be advised: BioShock Infinite is a linear, short, 10 15 hour campaign with no multiplayer and no real additional options to attract additional playthroughs, if you think you will be able to spend hundreds of hours on this game then you will be dissapointed. I'm not saying in this as a negative aspect however, as it's neccesary. This 10 15 hour campaign, is a beautifully crafted piece ofBe advised: BioShock Infinite is a linear, short, 10 15 hour campaign with no multiplayer and no real additional options to attract additional playthroughs, if you think you will be able to spend hundreds of hours on this game then you will be dissapointed. I'm not saying in this as a negative aspect however, as it's neccesary. This 10 15 hour campaign, is a beautifully crafted piece of creative storytelling, which mixes heartwarming character development and stunningly pretty visuals, with very dark themes and serious story elements, creating a wonderfully immersive journey, which as you can see from some of these reviews, has had a real emotional effect on people.

The world of Columbia is a beautiful floating metropolis, with bright and colourful art direction to house its happy citizens, which hides a ruthless racist underbelly and cultural issues by taking an interesting spin on American history. You can see the passion that went into the fine details of this unique setting, and it was a pleasure to behold and learn about.

The characters are incredibly likable, are backed up by impeccably good voice acting to represent character development which I've never before seen in a game. It's one of few games that has pulled off having an AI companion which isn't completely annoying, and in fact she is an absolute pleasure to have around and catapults the normal lonely narrative of a singleplayer game into something that almost feels like a co-op experience. This game is the first game to successfully make me really care about its characters.

The combat itself takes a step away from the more strategic, in depth gameplay of the original game, and is a lot more chaotic, fighting more enemies in bigger areas, and feels faster paced. It offers satisfying inventiveness with the array of options available to destroy your enemies. The addition of skylines, motorized tracks that follow a rollercoaster-esque design, add a sense of verticality and childlike thrill that I never thought possible. They are incredibly smooth to use, allowing you to shoot whilst moving, eject at any location you like, and even allow you to jump between them, adding an incredible sense of acrobatics to a genre where movement is usually quite stale. The skylines are probably the most addictive gameplay feature I've seen.

The music, whilst sometimes understandbly simplistic, is beautifully arranged and fits the mood perfectly, with unique sound design and voice acting which is incredibly realisitic to the time period.

It's not the normal game elements like combat and graphics which sets this game apart from others, its the sublime, beautiful moments, which catapult this experience from the ordinary pass-time of video games, to the fantastic masterpiece that everyone is raving about. This all culminates in a mindblowing ending, which is sure to cause many manly tears to be shed.

That's not saying this game doesn't have it's flaws the level design is a little too linear, some of the skills feel uninspired, it has its fair share of bugs and minor plotholes. But these flaws don't seem to hinder the overall experience, it was only after I finished and began to analyse the game did I see these flaws, I was so immersed and connected to the story and its characters that I simply didn't notice them.

This only touches the surface on all that BioShock Infinite has to offer, there is so much detail, and so many points to discuss within this game, that couldn't be summarized in 50,000 words, let alone 5000.

From a technical aspect, I would give this game a 8/10. Thankfully though, my enjoyment isn't based on analysing a games technical aspects, but is based on the fun and happyness I feel when I first play it and based on that and that alone, this is a 10/10 for me my favourite game of all time.

I cannot thank the developers enough for creating this incredible experience, which I'm sure will stay in many gamers hearts and memories for years to come. To describe this game in 1 word: beautiful.
  13. Mar 26, 2013
    Game deserves all the praise it's getting. Some very touchy subject matter involving racism but I can appreciate how they went about it and its appropriate for the time period and how people actually thought and behaved. Will be an eye opener for many I believe. I'm about 7 hours into it myself and have enjoyed every minute. I highly recommend playing on hard difficulty as it makes it aGame deserves all the praise it's getting. Some very touchy subject matter involving racism but I can appreciate how they went about it and its appropriate for the time period and how people actually thought and behaved. Will be an eye opener for many I believe. I'm about 7 hours into it myself and have enjoyed every minute. I highly recommend playing on hard difficulty as it makes it a much more enjoyable experience and actually gives it a challenge. Expand
  14. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I got this game free with a new AMD card I bought in January but I will try to review it as if I had paid full price for it.... First off, some people have said that the graphics look dated well then it must be their PCs that are dated because with everything on Ultra it looks pretty amazing to me! As for the game itself, if you liked Bioshock 1+2 then you might have to consider that this is pretty much disjointed in comparison and is pretty much a different "license" as the story and gameplay doesn't fit in with its predecessors............One stand out feature for me is the audio. The soundtrack and the ambient sounds are second to none and I found myself giggling at some of the "remade" tracks, especially the Cyndi Lauper song at the beach (sorry for the spoiler). Being a child of the 70s/80s helps with some of the references during the course of the game.......Overall, I don't think the game is earth shattering, but the storyline and thought processes that have gone into this game will likely render it as a major Game of the Year contender commercially, and amongst gamers. I can't give it 10/10 as there are a few niggles with the AI here and there, but it's a definate and solid 9/10 in my books Expand
  15. Apr 5, 2013
    Last of the greats in this generation of gaming. I can only hope for there to be another Bioshock. I can go on about it's superb story, visuals, and gameplay; but I'm sure you've seen enough praise.
  16. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is awesome! I can't say anything about the story without spoiling it, so I won't. But the graphic is very good on PC maxed out (on i7 2600k, HD6970 2GB), while it's not Crysis 3 level, it's still pushing the UE3 to it's limits. Elizabeth's character is well written, and the dialogs you have with her throughout the game drives the story without feeling like an information dump.This game is awesome! I can't say anything about the story without spoiling it, so I won't. But the graphic is very good on PC maxed out (on i7 2600k, HD6970 2GB), while it's not Crysis 3 level, it's still pushing the UE3 to it's limits. Elizabeth's character is well written, and the dialogs you have with her throughout the game drives the story without feeling like an information dump. The combat is a step up from the Bioshock 1/2's combat, having the sky-hook rail is fun. Having the flying city as a backdrop makes the battles feel surreal. Overall, it's a must play! Expand
  17. Apr 8, 2013
    Ok, so the game play is fantastic, i think we can all agree on that. The addition of Elizabeth to the combat system really kept things going at a nice pace, opening tears, deciding to open a cover tear or a turret tear, giving you the option of healing yourself or replenishing your plasmids (salts) on your own or letting Elizabeth do it for you. Overall, the aiming and shooting mechanicOk, so the game play is fantastic, i think we can all agree on that. The addition of Elizabeth to the combat system really kept things going at a nice pace, opening tears, deciding to open a cover tear or a turret tear, giving you the option of healing yourself or replenishing your plasmids (salts) on your own or letting Elizabeth do it for you. Overall, the aiming and shooting mechanic where spot on, so where the new plasmids introduced like the crows and water tentacle. Being able to carry only 2 weapons at a time was bothersome at first, until i found my ideal set up and just leveled them up. The skylines were great fun too, however i feel that they were not used to their fullest potential. Only real problem i had with it was that it was WAY to linear in comparison to older entries in the series. But yeah, over all, fantastic game play, best in the series by far.
    Presentation, the game looks stunning, really, even on my mid range PC, running this on very high it felt like a dream. It looks amazingly good. So much detail was put into everything you just have to stop and look at everything the game has to offer. Elizabeth is beautiful by the way, this goes without saying. The amount of love and care put into her character is very noticeable, from her facial expressions to the way she moves, she feels like straight out of a Pixar movie (An adult rated one mind you).
    Music, while not the best in the series (mainly due to the fact that the soundtrack is TOO SHORT), still offers up enough to satisfy my tastes. And what it lacks in quantity it sure makes up for in quality. BOY are there some fine pieces of music in this game: From classic-style versions of "new" songs to frenetic violin and strings in combat. Voice acting is top notch, i have talked a lot bout Elizabeth so far, but the main hero, who you play as, Booker Dewyt, was performed FANTASTICLY by the great Troy Baker, who has become an icon in the voice acting business by now. Everyone else were great as well, not a single voice feels out of place in the world of Columbia.
    Finaly, the story. OH BOY OH BOY. A fantastic narrative that was presented through great exposition without shoving too much info down your throat. Through the environments and character, it weaves an emotional tale without ever resorting to cut scenes or having to leave the perspective of Booker. Although i must admit, i hated the ending at first. It all felt like it was coming down to an amazing climax that left me not only sad but confused. This was partially my fault however, since i powered through the game in about 8 hours without paying too much attention to the story. However, after playing it a second time, paying close attention to the story and the world around me, i finaly understood the ending which i will not spoil, but DAMN, WATCH AFTER THE CREDITS PEOPLE, ITS WORTH IT. That being said, the tale that Irrational games have put together is breathtakingly good. Really, once i understood what the was going on by my second play through, i fell in love with it. The best advice i could give you is to not power through the game like i did, take your time, examine your surroundings, pay close attention to what is being said and you will really come to appreciate this fine work of art that is Bioshock Infinite. There are some problems, like the fact that its WAY too linear, short (if you power through it like i did) and confusing if you're not paying attention. But these are MINOR complaints, and this game deserves nothing less than a perfect score from me. 10/10
  18. Apr 5, 2013
    I know my opinion doesn't really matter and that I am probably "beating on a dead horse" here, but I cannot rest until I post my opinion of this masterpiece called Bioshock Infinite. I'd post it before, but I was too busy so far playing the game and trophy hunting. Anyway, if you trouble yourself checking out my other reviews for other games, you'll notice two things: 1) this isn't aI know my opinion doesn't really matter and that I am probably "beating on a dead horse" here, but I cannot rest until I post my opinion of this masterpiece called Bioshock Infinite. I'd post it before, but I was too busy so far playing the game and trophy hunting. Anyway, if you trouble yourself checking out my other reviews for other games, you'll notice two things: 1) this isn't a puppet account, created for the sole purpose of inflating the score of a certain game, and 2) the game has to be darn good for me to give it a high score. That said, consider my score truly genuine: Bioshock Infinite REALLY kicks posteriors. The storyline, the gameplay, the voice acting, the graphics... I mean, absolutely everything in this game is amazing. I ain't gonna write loads about it, I'm just gonna say: get this game if you can, or live to regret it if you don't. Ken Levine, Irrational & company: please keep the amazing stuff coming! Oh, and haters? Would you kindly go get stepped on by a Bid Daddy? Thanks. (I know the preceding sentence is BS1 reference, but meh... it fits the purpose). EDIT: (just had to do this...) Are you a Duke? Or a Dimwit? When a really good game comes out, Duke stands up and happily applaud the people who went through so much trouble to make it. As for Dimwit, he just says: "Meh... the graphics look rubbish on my $200 laptop, and it doesn't play like CoD!". Remember boys and girls, don't be a Dimwit!" Expand
  19. May 5, 2013
    I would give this game a 10 for plot and emotional impact, but I have to take off a point for gratuitous violence and the extremely annoying display of the 2K brand each time you play. The plot is more sophisticated than any other game I've played and the lead NPC is more engaging than I've previously experienced. If you don't mind fountains of blood and some extremely hectic moments, thisI would give this game a 10 for plot and emotional impact, but I have to take off a point for gratuitous violence and the extremely annoying display of the 2K brand each time you play. The plot is more sophisticated than any other game I've played and the lead NPC is more engaging than I've previously experienced. If you don't mind fountains of blood and some extremely hectic moments, this game will sharpen your reactions and stretch your ability to improvise under pressure. Most people will finish with the question "What just happened?" Fortunately, there is a good explanation available online for those who struggle to comprehend, as I did. I have to ask, why waste so much talent on an environment and story, only to pitch this adventure to the lowest common denominator of blood-and-guts adolescents? Expand
  20. Apr 5, 2013
    wow. just wow. video game as art? look no further. this is as close to art as you'll see

the last hurrah of the old consoles--they couldnt ask for a better send off
  21. Apr 7, 2013
    As it always happens with this franchise, the new bioshock title is a must have. The story is intelligent and full of impresive twists, the graphics are great and the flawless music is probably going to recieve a lot of awards. I won't give it a 10 however, because of its reduced duration, and because, while fantastic, it's not as brilliant as the first one.
  22. Apr 10, 2013
    Combat was alright. Choices didn't really matter. BUT THE STORY IS SOOOO GOOD. Play this game. It is like a long movie that really is worth GOTY. Buy this game now.
  23. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun to play. Quite a few moments where you feel horrible for the people in this place, all the hate and racism, but it is a story worth hearing. I really liked the new "plasmids" or should I say, Vigors, the bottles they come in are detailed and cool, and the abilities offer a more streamlined approach. Weapons are standard, not much there. The girl companion isThis game is a lot of fun to play. Quite a few moments where you feel horrible for the people in this place, all the hate and racism, but it is a story worth hearing. I really liked the new "plasmids" or should I say, Vigors, the bottles they come in are detailed and cool, and the abilities offer a more streamlined approach. Weapons are standard, not much there. The girl companion is very useful, tossing you ammo or health just at the right time, showing you things you may have missed, and not getting in your way. PC is the way to play this game, console graphics are kind of slop in places. 9/10 for this one, it's not Bioshock 1 that everyone compares it to, but it is a very well put together game with a great story and main characters. Worth the buy imo. Expand
  24. Mar 26, 2013
    Ignore all the negative reviews. Any person that has any appreciation for a good story, incredible visuals, engaging characters, intense gameplay and impressive soundtracks will love this game. Please buy it.
  25. Apr 8, 2013
    This game was brilliant. All the gripes I had with it were so inconsequential, and whenever they came into my head another awesome sky-line battle scene came along and I forgot all about them. I'll start with the pros.

Graphics: Stunning. Nothing more to say. 10/10 Story: Amazing, with a really shocking twist that I never saw coming, and great pacing, with a lengthy denouement that

Graphics: Stunning. Nothing more to say. 10/10

Story: Amazing, with a really shocking twist that I never saw coming, and great pacing, with a lengthy denouement that summed up everything really well. One or two plot holes that I noticed, and a couple of things that didn't quite add up for me, but I'm sure they were things that were explained in voxophones that I may have missed during my playthrough. The way they build up mystery is fantastic, and there is a lot of symbolism and deeper meaning that really added an extra dimension to the game. They don't treat you like a moron with the storyline, they don't spell it out for you, if you want to flesh it out you have to search for all the voxophones yourself and really pay attention to fully understand what's happening. 9.5/10

Other gameplay: The exploration was great. They don't give you too much money, which is good, because it means you pretty much have to choose between vigor upgrades or weapon upgrades. I found the lockpicking thing a bit arbitrary, by the end of the game I had about 30 lockpicks in my inventory which I never needed. But there is loads of extra detail for those who choose to explore and find it, I think a few more optional sidequests would have been good.
    Atmosphere: Fantastic, there is something definitely sinister about Columbia. The areas are really varied, there's Battleship Bay, all idyllic and peaceful, and then Comstock House, which is really creepy and actually quite scary in places, everything builds up to great atmosphere and immersion, especially with the great AI of Elizabeth and all the general public of Columbia. 10/10

Combat: Again, amazing, inventive and varied enemies, something that I didn't really like with the previous Bioshock games, the vigors are really well integrated and I found myself using pretty much all of them (except for undertow) and the vigor combos as well. There is a nice selection of guns, I was a little put out at first to find that you can't carry more than 2 but retrospectively, I think it's better that way. The sky lines are freaking amazing, and the sky line strike is one of the most satisfying things in a game, up there with the drop-down kill in Dishonored. Elizabeth is also a really neat addition to combat, giving you health, salts and ammo when you most need it.

Soundtrack: Nothing spectacular, but it does its job.

Overall: Amazing. Definitely recommend. If you enjoyed the 1st and 2nd Bioshock, you'll enjoy this. Don't be surprised when it gets nominated for and probably chosen as GOTY. Just.. Buy it.
  26. Mar 27, 2013
    To all the zeroes, I can understand your take on the game, but that isn't this game's purpose. It is supposed to be mostly linear because it is so story driven. Bioshock has always been really linear except for the few different endings in the earlier titles. Yes it's very linear, Is the story absolutely fantastic, also yes. Gameplay is great and art direction is amazing. so overall if youTo all the zeroes, I can understand your take on the game, but that isn't this game's purpose. It is supposed to be mostly linear because it is so story driven. Bioshock has always been really linear except for the few different endings in the earlier titles. Yes it's very linear, Is the story absolutely fantastic, also yes. Gameplay is great and art direction is amazing. so overall if you are looking for a moving story that will most likely drop your jaw then I recommend this game, if not then its not for you. Also the ending is quite complicated so if you didn't understand look it up there is a lot of confusion :P. Original was still better though. Expand
  27. Mar 31, 2013
    It's indeed an amazing game. Beatifull graphics, good gameplay and mindblowing history. Those who are complainning here just didn't play it until the end or just don't have a computer good enough to apreciate the graphics. I just hope it gets some cool DLCs, otherwise I'd downgrade this to 9. I even saw some people comparing this to other multiplayer shooters, this is not one. It's perfectIt's indeed an amazing game. Beatifull graphics, good gameplay and mindblowing history. Those who are complainning here just didn't play it until the end or just don't have a computer good enough to apreciate the graphics. I just hope it gets some cool DLCs, otherwise I'd downgrade this to 9. I even saw some people comparing this to other multiplayer shooters, this is not one. It's perfect for its genre. I apologize for my bad English.

In Brazilian Portuguese:

Cara, o jogo muito foda. O gráfico animal, a jogabilidade muito boa e a história daquelas que quando tu zerar o jogo, não vai mais saber o que fazer da vida. Depois de zerado não sobra muito pra fazer com ele, mas esperaremos que os DLCs sejam bons. Vale cada centavo.
  28. Apr 5, 2013
    This game is a modern day masterpiece. Irrational have done a brilliant job bringing Columbia to life in incredible detail. It has a deep story which requires you to pay attention throughout the game. Combat is enjoyable, with skylines adding a fun element. Do yourself a favour and play this on hard the first time. Normal is a bit too easy so you don't have think so much about whichThis game is a modern day masterpiece. Irrational have done a brilliant job bringing Columbia to life in incredible detail. It has a deep story which requires you to pay attention throughout the game. Combat is enjoyable, with skylines adding a fun element. Do yourself a favour and play this on hard the first time. Normal is a bit too easy so you don't have think so much about which vigors and weapons to use, and you could find yourself playing through the game too quickly and miss some of the finer details. I am finding the second play through on 1999 mode even more enjoyable. The only thing I think could have been better is the weapon upgrades. Bioshock's weapon upgrades were much more interesting and affected the look of the weapons. Expand
  29. Apr 6, 2013
    Irrational Games brought this generation of gaming to me with the original Bioshock. That game made me stand up and take note. It made me stand up and realize that video games can be as immersive, even more so than any other medium and that they are a perfect vehicle for involving stories. This new title, Bioshock Infinite has made me sit back down again; so that I could bask in itsIrrational Games brought this generation of gaming to me with the original Bioshock. That game made me stand up and take note. It made me stand up and realize that video games can be as immersive, even more so than any other medium and that they are a perfect vehicle for involving stories. This new title, Bioshock Infinite has made me sit back down again; so that I could bask in its achievements.

Graphically, this game has the occasional matte texture but when compared to something like the paper tres of Skyrim, Columbia is beautiful. It looks beautiful, it sounds beautiful and just feels fully realised. The shooting mechanics are decent. The skylines and vigors mix things up enough so as the 11 or so hours of the campaign never feel monotonous.

In this game, you are Booker DeWitt and the relationship between Booker and Elizabeth underpins a phenomenal sci fi tale that beats inception at its own game. I'm not going to ruin the story because to experience it in any way other than for yourself is a crime. What I will say is, that last line. Wow.

I had guessed all the twists and the ending before halfway. That didn't stop me enjoying the plot. In fact, realising what's going on means you can understand more and process quicker when these twists are actually revealed so that you can piece this puzzle together more efficiently. I could talk for days about this game and its story, but you shouldn't be reading this, you should be playing Bioshock Infinite.
  30. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is close to perfect. Firstly, I do not play FPS games. It's never been my style, but all the hype this game built up drew me to it.

It amazes me that people are able to give this game anything less than a 9, the only reason I could fathom this is if these individuals are too mentally limited to understand the story, somehow appalled by the 1910-1920's setting and music (Is absolutely amazing for anyone at all historically cultured), is too mentally simplistic to understand the marvelous parody of American Exceptionalism and religious cults, or was expecting a hardcore bloody slaughter fest FPS (clearly does not play nor understand the first Bioshocks).

The game play is beautiful. Switching from a beautiful sky city to the slums of a factory, the game truly provides stimulus for a visual orgasm.

The characters are deep, interesting, and easy to get emotionally attached to.

The game play is smooth and very simple, even for first-time FPS gamers, like myself. The true diamond of the game is Elisabeth, as a non-combat co-character she may well be the best sidekick in history. Not only is is amazingly realistic, interesting, lovable, and fun story-wise she's also intelligent and useful in combat situations without ever getting in the way I at unlike sidekicks in other games. The game is worth playing just for the sole purpose of experiencing the marvel that is Elisabeth.
  31. Apr 8, 2013
    One of those games, which leave you with feeling of hunger for more. Playing this game was a wonderful experience, what can be compared to reading a fascinating book.

It is beautiful, it is thrilling, the characters are deep, the plot is brilliant. One of the best games I have ever played.

I am deeply thankful for authors of this game for taking me on this adventure.
  32. Apr 8, 2013
    All I can say about this game is that it is absolutely great. It has an amazing story, decent fights, some ingenious gameplay aspects and an incredible AI companion. If you haven't played this yet then you really should!
  33. Aug 16, 2013
    BioShock Infinite definitely meets it's hype. It has one of the best stories I have ever read, played, or heard, the way it drops all the hits through out the game but don't really understand it till the very end which makes the end feel satisfying. The environment/atmosphere is outstanding. The characters are very interesting, seeing Elizabeth, with a kind heart explore the world beingBioShock Infinite definitely meets it's hype. It has one of the best stories I have ever read, played, or heard, the way it drops all the hits through out the game but don't really understand it till the very end which makes the end feel satisfying. The environment/atmosphere is outstanding. The characters are very interesting, seeing Elizabeth, with a kind heart explore the world being fascinated at everything really makes her a lovable character to the main villain who you will grow to hate more and more. The game play is very fun! I love the fact that you can shoot one vigor and then a different one to make a more powerful effect. The only downside is that most of the combat that I face, I feel way to over powered, at a certain point in the game all i really have to do is use crow vigor once and it spreads, everyone is dead by the time I fire a shot, all the other times i have no sense of trying to take cover or watch my ammo since Elizabeth gives you everything if you are low mid combat, which allows me to go guns blazing (This is on normal difficulty). Although I feel over powered, that's not saying that being over powered isn't fun. It is lots of fun! watching your enemies get eaten by flaming crows is pretty awesome! Overall I would actually give this game a 9.8 Expand
  34. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is absolutely incredible. The story, the voice acting, the character development is all there. The animation and visuals in general are a work of beauty, although I will say that the foliage doesn't look so pretty up close, but it's a nice effect from a distance. This game is all about atmosphere. You feel like you are part of this world. The combat I feel has been vastlyThis game is absolutely incredible. The story, the voice acting, the character development is all there. The animation and visuals in general are a work of beauty, although I will say that the foliage doesn't look so pretty up close, but it's a nice effect from a distance. This game is all about atmosphere. You feel like you are part of this world. The combat I feel has been vastly improved from the previous games, and the UI is much simpler and more accessible. Expand
  35. Apr 4, 2013
    B-R-U-T-A-L

Así, con mayúsculas y guiones... El uno me encanto, el dos me enamoro y esta ya... pues me ha violado. La duración, no es excesivamente largo, pero tampoco es corto, me ha durado lo suyo dándole caña. La ambientación fantásticamente exagerada. Como ya nos traía Rapture, Columbia es la megalomanía llevada al limite de forma magistral. (ojo a según que paisajes, de gozo)
    B-R-U-T-A-L

Los gráficos lucen bastante bien en una configuración media-alta (teniendo en cuenta las características de mi portátil) sin sombras dinámicas, mención especial para las visiones de la ciudad en su esplendor, fantástico.
    Casi siempre superando los treinta con holgura excepto casos sangrantes de bajada de FPSs sin razón aparente (pocos pero existentes)... El resto perfecto.

A nivel de jugabilidad... Bueno, no añade demasiado; quizás habría que hablar de los Aero railes, interesante pero no va muy allá. Mantiene el nivel de los anteriores, osease, alto.

Música, pues al son de la ambientación, a medida.

La Historia merece un aparte. Interesante, enrevesada... Me he sorprendido muy gratamente. Le he cogido cariño a Elisabeth, "mira per on".
  36. Apr 8, 2013
    If this game doesnt wins the GOTY, those who dont pick this should be repeatedly punched in the balls with an ACME brick!

Well, all fooling around, this game truly deserves the place its getting, an exquisite story taking place in a breathtaking scenario called Columbia, which totally broke the taboo that said that Bioshock needed Rapture, Little Sisters and Big Daddies to survive, here there's no such thing (...maaaybe?)
    Another taboo that this game broke was that the companion character could most of the time be a pain in the ass and a truly heavy burden that needs babysitting even to go to the bathroom....Elizabeth is a lovely character that you can really get to love to death who will NOT get in your way during the fighting unlike others *coughcoughAshleyRE4coughcough*
    I have to say that i had my doubts at first about this 3rd Bioshock game with its whole new twist about taking its plot into the air (literally) and taking away or modifying the main points that made the others so memorable....and all that time that it took to see the light, but still it managed to bring a whole new story with all sorts twists and challenges that can easily make me say that just like Bioshock 2 surpassed the first, Infinite surpassed B2
    You cant really miss this game if you like thrilling stories that will keep you at the border of your chair, sofa, or any place where you are when playing games,
    Any people hating on this game is either mentally retarded or is just a Call of Duty/Gears of War/Halo that needs to get a brain surgery to be able notice the difference between the true beauty of video games and just mindless trigger pulling
    The only downside of this game is that certain weapons, VIGORS and items were greatly underpowered and made you feel not too interested in experimenting with them, even with their upgrades, but i hope that in later updates or even DLCs they fix that....even though im not too much of a fan of DLCs im quite excited to see what else this aswesome game brings
  37. Apr 5, 2013
    The game is amazing. That's about all I have to say, play it or don't, but do yourself a favor and play it. (on pc)
  38. Apr 6, 2013
    Absolute triumph of smart and deep storytelling, which is beatifully, masterfully made and pure fun to play... seems like candidate for game of the decade!
  39. Apr 6, 2013
    I absolutely loved this game, up until the bosses. Why do you have to f_ck up a game with boring clichés? Level-boss-level-boss... So damn obtuse and narrow-minded. I played it on hard and it was really easy, but for the bosses. They made the same mistake as Deus Ex HR did. You can finish the game mostly with using your head and without superfluous button smashing, then the bosses try toI absolutely loved this game, up until the bosses. Why do you have to f_ck up a game with boring clichés? Level-boss-level-boss... So damn obtuse and narrow-minded. I played it on hard and it was really easy, but for the bosses. They made the same mistake as Deus Ex HR did. You can finish the game mostly with using your head and without superfluous button smashing, then the bosses try to compensate. I replayed Bioshock 1-2 not to long time ago and I can't remember hating boss-fights (yes there were too) as much as here. In Infinite it didn't work, after a few tries I switched to easy to get on with it... Nothing kept me there. In Dishonored there were no bosses and I loved it for that.
    I enjoyed it in every other aspect (except the erroneous collision zones... and the "you jump 2m high, than get blocked by a pile of rugs..."). One other thing I hated is the checkpoint system. Bioshock was a pc game. Why did they have screw BI with the hated console shame, the checkpoint. You lose up to 10-15 minutes of advancement if you have to stop and reload later. The spreading console virus on the pc is a shame...

The story was very good except some forced elements like racism. I expected it to go somewhere, to say something, but in the end it was just as the glow on the textures trying to hide the low-poly models (that I don't mind if the game is good). I never felt anything forced or made up in Bioshock 1.
    This year we started up to this point with 2 "almost got there" games (TR & Bioshock Inf). Both very good, enjoyable games, but not perfect ones. Mind you I've listed mostly the stuff I didn't like, every thing else was great! It would cost me a few hours to list the elements I liked/loved. It is a very good game, but in the end it left me with a bad taste in the mouth it could HAVE BEEN so GREAT!
  40. Mar 29, 2013
    At a glance 'infinite' is a compelling struggle between two diametrical opposites, but delve into the world of Colombia and you will find that there is something much bigger driving this story. Fail to pick this gem up and miss out on one of the generation, you simply NEED to experience this story. Gameplay: it stands head and shoulders above its fps counterparts. The diversity of enemiesAt a glance 'infinite' is a compelling struggle between two diametrical opposites, but delve into the world of Colombia and you will find that there is something much bigger driving this story. Fail to pick this gem up and miss out on one of the generation, you simply NEED to experience this story. Gameplay: it stands head and shoulders above its fps counterparts. The diversity of enemies will keep you on your toes and force you to constantly transform your strategy. Motorised patriots will have you dashing for cover, boys of silence will force you to creep silently by in the shadows, sirens will surround you with armies of dead soldiers, the fire-men of 'infinite' are not protectors but devious arsonists and as for the handy man, you are in for a fight to rival the big daddies of the original 'bioshock'. The scenery is breathtaking, the atmosphere invigorating. Battles take place on gigantic scales, engaging in flying and ground units simultaneously while zipping along on skylines. Now all that said I did encounter a few problems with this game and I think it is out done by the original in a few gameplay elements. My biggest issue was something that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else, so by no mean allow my limitation to become your limitation, but I really did find the audio frustrating throughout the game. The voice acting and music itself is excellent but a design choice has been implemented which throughout the game broke my immersion in the city of colombia. Here it is: when something or someone is speaking or playing music or whatever, you can hear them from a great distance by looking straight at them, turn to your right and you can no longer here it, thats fine; however the same thing happens even if your standing right next to the person/object, and its only when you turn to the right side! For example you are standing in front of Elizabeth who is talking to you, you can hear her, you turn to your left, you can still hear her, you turn to face the opposite direction, you can still hear her, turn left again (so you are facing right of her) and SILENCE! Now why is this a problem?? Well half the time I'm running along and I hear someone start talking but I don't know where they are but as I'm turning around (and to the right) I can't hear them, and I want to hear them because the dialogue is so GOOD! I don't want to miss out. Sometimes I won't even have realised Elizabeth said anything. There was even a cut scene with the song bird and Elizabeth when I couldn't hear what she was saying! (And don't say turn it up, because it was and its SILENT). I turned subtitles on, so at least I didn't miss anything. But its also really annoying with music, for example, I'm listening to a nice tune from a radio, but as I'm walking around the room, it keeps going silent when I'm facing to the right of it, even if I'm right next to it! I understand the idea behind this, you only hear stuff your focused on (and therefore looking at). But for me this continually broke the immersion, because I want to hear the music and people as I walk around. But the main thing is not hearing the voices. It was weird, I didn't like it, Nobody else seems to have trouble with this so good for you but I'm just saying for me it broke immersion on a number of occasions. The other problems I had was with the weapons interface. Only two guns at a time, seriously? Again this works really well on certain occasions so I can see why they did this; for instance when you are in a big open area, you use Elizabeth to open tears, then ride the rails to get guns, so your constantly moving around and changing weapons. But here is the problem. The environment of 'Infinite' requires very different weapon types. For instance, I found that I usually always needed, at least one long range weapon, a medium/close weapon. But as you are encountering a lot of heavy units; I found myself sticking with either RPG or grenade launcher for most the game. The problem is its very hard to hit an enemy above you on a gunship with an RPG, but I can't carry a sniper rifle and an RPG, cause I'd run out of ammo for close quarters; so basically i have to go with the machine gun or the burst gun, cause they can do a bit of both. But the machine gun still fails over long distance. Also what is the point of having a pistol in the game then? Never used it after the first level, even though it was a good pistol. SO carry unlimited guns next time, no more of this COD two weapon rubbish! Furthermore the guns did not special ammo and crafting unlike the original bioshock, no exploding bullets The uprgrades system was worse in my opinion as it is all money based and the upgrades are not visible on your gun. Also could not scroll through more than two vigors at a time WTF! Also vigors my opinon ordinary, no telekinesis Sorry to spend so much of the review whining, because this is one of my favourite games of the generation. But I don't want to spoil story. I loved this game! Expand
  41. Jun 20, 2013
    This HAS to be game of the year. This game is so fresh, and its not stale! This is one of the greatest games I have played in a long time, I've just completed it and I don't want to spoil anything but it feels like I've just watched The Matrix for the first time. My mind is blown.

Anyway, I wasn't too sure about this game. The fact that it took place up in the sky put me off as the first 2 games were at the bottom of the ocean and I thought there's no way that's possible, it must be a tiny city... (Derp, Bioshock 1 & 2 took place underwater! What am I thinking?!) The graphics made me a bit put off as well which looked a bit more like a cartoon rather than it looking rough and realistic and I really regret judging the game for that which is why I didn't buy it until a few days ago.

The graphics are really nice and have this bloom effect. The game also ran really well for me on 'High' the only problems I had was random crashing a few times which rarely happened as well as stuttering if I alt-tabbed out of the game for a while or just very rare random stuttering. (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz, 3.5GB Ram, [I actually have 8 but 32-bit only lets me use 3.5] and ATI Radeon 6950.)

There are lots of weapons and the revolver no doubt is my favourite, as well as the machine gun. All of the weapons give a satisfying *UMPH* if you know what I mean. As for the plasmids (or vigors) which have cleverly been designed as liquid to consume; are somewhat similar to the plasmids but have a different feel to it which is ok.

Now you have an NPC which follows you throughout the game which is Elizabeth and surprisingly she's not dumb and doesn't get in the way or be useless as a brick wall, she's actually really useful. The dialogue where she throws supplies is a bit repetitive but you don't really notice it that much as you can mostly hear gunfire.

The overall feel for the game has that Bioshock feeling, but its different and I like it.

BAD: Personally I am disappointed that nothing is really physical like the first 2 games. I can understand why they did this as the physics in the previous games were clunky and a bit buggy but a lot of items could had been physical.

I also dislike that when you upgrade your weapons no attachments are added to them, it's just the same model.

Overall this game is 100% worth buying, it's fresh, the voice acting is simply amazing and I really got attached to Elizabeth as well as the story and I really hope that there's a sequel to this game.

THANK YOU BIOSHOCK INFINITE DEVELOPERS & VOICE ACTORS AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR MAKING AN AWESOME GAME!
  42. Fix
    Apr 21, 2013
    I was blown away by how this game pulled me in. I don't usually care about the story in video games, but this one really had me. The music in the game is awesome. I wonder how much they had to pay for all of those music rights. This is the best game I've played since Skyrim.
  43. Oct 17, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a lovely game. Art direction, graphics and sound are superb. Made me think of Singularity and Dishonored at times. A beautiful first person shooter, and a must-have.
  44. Apr 25, 2013
    Just finished. Amazing game. Kept me hooked beginning to end, did not want to do anything else. So many details that were cool and unique and found nowhere else. The story is incredible and this is the first game I've bought in a while that I actually felt deserved my money. One thing I will say is the fighting tended to get repetitive with the shoot this guy, search that garbage canJust finished. Amazing game. Kept me hooked beginning to end, did not want to do anything else. So many details that were cool and unique and found nowhere else. The story is incredible and this is the first game I've bought in a while that I actually felt deserved my money. One thing I will say is the fighting tended to get repetitive with the shoot this guy, search that garbage can for ammo, shoot that guy, search some corpses for a sandwich, etc. I've never seen so much money just strewn about and thrown away anywhere. If there had to be a flaw, it would be the search-system. Not sure how one would fix that, but it is what it is. Doesn't detract from the game though. LOVES me that hand cannon. Expand
  45. Jul 13, 2013
    Yes, sometimes you know a game will be good before you even play it. But you still have no idea just how good this game is. This game will touch you...
  46. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is a worthy successor to the fantastic original Bioshock. Not only does it have one of the best stories ever told in one of gaming's most incredible settings, it has some of the most original and fun gameplay as well. This is the greatest game to come out in the last few years and the greatest first person shooter since the original Bioshock. A must-play game.
  47. Nov 9, 2013
    I do agree with Bioshock: Infinite being somewhat overrated, but that doesn't stop me from loving this game.

After about a year, I am ready for my review on here. I will try to keep it shorter, for everybody's sake! Bioshock takes place in an insanely beautiful place. Columbia, the city in the clouds! As a PC gamer, the numerous visual options blew me away, and I had fun fiddling

Bioshock takes place in an insanely beautiful place. Columbia, the city in the clouds! As a PC gamer, the numerous visual options blew me away, and I had fun fiddling with them. When applied, the game's setting, powered by DirectX11/Uneal Engine, is ludicrously hypnotic in its beauty. I will often find myself walking around just to marvel at the detail and explore. Because, you do have free reign to explore plenty of times! With hidden items, secret areas, and meaningful collectables waiting to reward you for exploring. The story definitely takes you on a ride, with great gunplay, powers, and upgrades to help you along this game, which is awesomely similiar to a RPG without going too far into RPG territory. I admit, the game can be a bit annoying at times, especially the Handyman enemies, and some of them can soak up bullets like no tomorrow! The places where you fight said enemies tend to be a bit linear at times, but I always felt that because a game is linear doesn't mean it's bad. Bioshock: Infinite does manage to have side quests or hidden goodies to make exploration of these somewhat linear areas meaningful! I'll take that over something like Battlefield 3's campaign, which was linear but didn't have meaningful exploration!

Bioshock: Infinite is amazing, but it isn't perfect. It's truly above average, at least to me, and this is one epic story you will not want to miss!
  48. Nov 17, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is amazing, just utterly amazing. The first sky hook execution put a smile on my face from ear to ear after which I never stopped smiling through the entire game. With the sky hook comes the sky rail which turns you into a living roller coaster from which you can attack enemies on the move. It provides an amazing combination of fast-paced action along with the rush ofBioShock Infinite is amazing, just utterly amazing. The first sky hook execution put a smile on my face from ear to ear after which I never stopped smiling through the entire game. With the sky hook comes the sky rail which turns you into a living roller coaster from which you can attack enemies on the move. It provides an amazing combination of fast-paced action along with the rush of riding a roller coaster.

The story is incredible although it really has nothing to do with the original Rapture storyline so it doesn't necessarily fit the BioShock series. Although because it is such a great game which sticks to the original BioShock style game play, it is nice to know that the BioShock series was not tarnished. One can honestly say the BioShock trilogy is one of the best of all time.

Future games need to take notes on how to implement a sidekick. Any girl that gives me money is ok in my book and Elizabeth is a sweetheart to boot. She never gets in the way. She's never commanding or condescending. And she even helps you out by pointing out items like lock picks and voxophones. I actually developed a sense of trust in her. She was not only useful, but made me feel welcome in the process.

Easily the best game I've played this year.
  49. Apr 16, 2013
    The original was an incredible game and truly groundbreaking in the first person shooter market. The original created Rapture, Atlas, Jack, and Andrew Ryan and it spent hours upon hours of truly picking into their every crevice. This game never feels like it develops as deep as the original, but I think it may be because of the massive scope of theology, ideology, and Scientific theoryThe original was an incredible game and truly groundbreaking in the first person shooter market. The original created Rapture, Atlas, Jack, and Andrew Ryan and it spent hours upon hours of truly picking into their every crevice. This game never feels like it develops as deep as the original, but I think it may be because of the massive scope of theology, ideology, and Scientific theory that is is trying to delve into. If all you are looking for is a CoD or Battlefield clone, this is not that game. The shooting isn't its best feature, the skyline doesn't quite work that great on consoles, and it wasn't until late in the game that I felt like using Vigors. Although Bucking Bronco and Undertow are incredible fun to play with. I cannot remember another game I have ever played that asked such deep questions, or left me sitting in the chair just taking a deep breath and trying to understan the scale of everything I just saw. Sure, there are times that it became a little convoluted, and if you want you can claim you saw it coming. You didn't see all of it coming, but believe whatever you want. I have just never played a game that had such real world social commentary, and asked made you think so deeply. The spectacle that is the end can be seen based on how polarized it has left many of the reviews. I think the problem is that people are trying to say, they have already seen this kind of stuff in books, or expected it to have RPG elements or some random other aspects that were never meant to be in the game. Anyways, my point is while books and film have had the same elements, this is the first game I have ever seen to push the genre further and it was refreshing. I look forward to anything else Ken Levine can come up with as this was a truly amazing experience and I could not put it down from the second I picked it up. It did not do very much to make itself better than Bioshock 1, however Bioshock 1 was perfect, so I don't know how it could have.

I just have to add this, why exactly does this game have to give you free roam? Why should it be open world, why should it have open ended decisions that massively change the story? Why are you expecting this game to be exactly like other games? Also, if you are down voting this game based on graphics, please leave. If someone reviews games based on looking pretty, I doubt they understood this game anyways. Ken Levine wanted to make films, that is why he moved to California. So, this game was never really designed to be the best shooter on the market. It basically is there to tell a very deep and intense story and the best format for telling said story is through a first person medium.
  50. Mar 30, 2013
    Felt like I was playing an Disney Pixar movie at times. Plot is mind bending but seems legit. It was a huge improvement over first two Bioshocks. The world is fun and colorful as opposed to claustrophobic and dark.
  51. Apr 17, 2013
    Even if you stripped away the story, characters, art direction, voice acting, and music this would still be a good game. But with all those elements, this game is amazing. The art direction and detail in certain areas of the game is jaw dropping. There is much imagination at work in this game, both with gameplay and story. To say more about how good the story and characters are wouldEven if you stripped away the story, characters, art direction, voice acting, and music this would still be a good game. But with all those elements, this game is amazing. The art direction and detail in certain areas of the game is jaw dropping. There is much imagination at work in this game, both with gameplay and story. To say more about how good the story and characters are would venture into spoiler territory. This is a worthy sequel to the original Bioshock. Not only worthy, but better. Expand
  52. Mar 30, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a gaming treasure that I implore anyone to check out. Excellent storytelling matched with a unique feeling of belonging. The period of alternate 1920 also adds a unique spin on modern American politics.
  53. Mar 29, 2013
  54. Apr 2, 2013
    i'm fan of Bioshock (2007) and was really excited about infinite.Now when iv played it i think its one of the best games of all time whit original bioshock and i feel sad for people who can't understand it greatness cuz when they will see or experience something that good (movie, music, painting, book, video game) they will miss some good feeling.
  55. Apr 16, 2013
    I'd put this game in the 90th percentile for storytelling, but the 99th percentile for world building/artistic design. Seriously, I'd be happy to sink a few hours into just wandering about and enjoying the design and music without any other stuff to do. The gameplay is... fine, with moments of fantastic fun courtesy of the sky-lines.
  56. Apr 2, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is one of those rare games that comes along with a story worth telling. More than that. This story is one that deserves telling, and the only way it can do that is for you to play it. No friend's retelling, or Wikipedia synopsis can ever come close to the experience the floating city of Columbia brings, and no YouTube video of the ending scenes can convey the emotionBioShock Infinite is one of those rare games that comes along with a story worth telling. More than that. This story is one that deserves telling, and the only way it can do that is for you to play it. No friend's retelling, or Wikipedia synopsis can ever come close to the experience the floating city of Columbia brings, and no YouTube video of the ending scenes can convey the emotion behind this brilliantly designed game. So please, would you kindly pick up this unforgettable piece of video game history? Expand
  57. Apr 3, 2013
    An amazing feat in story-telling. Bioshock Infinite will give you a mind blowing experience if you really give attention on it's story. I wanna give this game a 9.5, because the gameplay is a bit lackluster if you compare it to the story. The control is a bit weird for an FPS game, so a little bit of adaptation is required for playing. I died so many times because there's no radar here.
  58. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is amazing! The best Bioshok so far and the best FPS shooter of the year. The art style is awesome. Anna Maleva (Elizabeth) is so beutiful that I cant stop watching her in front of me. Its been awhile since my last enhoyment of the game's world. This game MUST be played on PC with graphics on MAX, otherwise it wont be that enjoyable. As for the plot.. maaan, most of scie-fieThis game is amazing! The best Bioshok so far and the best FPS shooter of the year. The art style is awesome. Anna Maleva (Elizabeth) is so beutiful that I cant stop watching her in front of me. Its been awhile since my last enhoyment of the game's world. This game MUST be played on PC with graphics on MAX, otherwise it wont be that enjoyable. As for the plot.. maaan, most of scie-fie movies lose to Bioshock in many fields. a MUST PLAY GAME OF THE YEAR! Expand
  59. Apr 1, 2013
    the produers of bioshock are back with another great adventure for you to experience. the first minutes draw me in and it worked. graphics and story are interesting and on a high level. i think one of the best games lately!
  60. Mar 31, 2013
    Fantastic game; great story, very rich and developed world, good gameplay with significant improvements from Bioshock 1 and 2, and a mind blowing ending. In short nothing less than what I expected from a Bioshock game!
  61. Xon
    Jul 19, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite manages to carefully juggle amazing action, immersive atmosphere and great story-telling.

The gameplay is fluid during intense battles presented with beautiful and crisp graphics. Great care was taken to construct a riveting story that surprisingly dovetails with the first two installments.

It is definitely a game worth your time and thoroughly enjoyable.
  62. Apr 8, 2013
    This game combines innovative shooter technology and familiar Bioshock game play into a fantastic triple A story that was worth every dollar. Your life is one of regret until you give it a play through.
  63. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is absolutely stunning! It's graphics, gameplay and story are top notch. I have not played a better game for a very long time now. A must play for any gamer.
  64. Jul 16, 2013
    Story is amazing, the setting is just nice. Gameplay lacks of certain aspects. The difficulty is best to play at hard just getting a nice experience but still is little bit too easy. If going to play better from a story aspect than shooter.

POTENTIAL MINOR SPOILER:
    The ending is some kind of a paradox itself (if you know a lot of physics and science itself you get the idea)
  65. Mar 29, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game. Irrational are the best devs out there. I ran into not a single glitch in the 13 hours it took me to play through the game. The story is amazing. The gameplay is amazing. It's the best game of this generation.
  66. Jun 19, 2013
    Unos gráficos increíbles (que no realistas) ayudan a sumergirte en una trama aun mejor que disimula un juego bastante lineal en el que la ciudad de Columbia podría haber estado mucho mejor aprovechada. En combate el bueno de Booker se maneja con soltura eligiendo entre unos poderes que son casi calcos de los plásmidos que vimos en el primer juego y una gran variedad de armas.

La trama

La trama está narrada casi enteramente por cintas de voz que el jugador va encontrando a medida que explora los escenarios. Lo cierto es que es francamente intrincada y con un final muy confuso pero si has prestado atención a lo largo del juego podrás recomponer en su mayoría el rompecabezas.

GRAFICOS: 9,5
    SONIDO: 9
    JUABILIDAD:8
    DURACION:8
  67. Apr 1, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game. I highly recommend taking your time and finding all of the voxophones. Story is beautifully told. If you can play it on the PC then DO SO; it really brings out how beautiful the scenery is and the amount of detail they put in just make you just want to take screenshots and put it as a wallpaper.
  68. Mar 29, 2013
    Game of the year! Very interesting gameplay, nice level-design and great, memorable story. Very sad that most negative reviews here is about graphics. 10/10 must have!
  69. Jul 10, 2013
    You beauty!
    For those who say this game is overrated, i suppose you're either new to video gaming or you've had such an overdose of COD that you can't tell the difference between a 'game' and a "STUNNER".
    i am totally blown. i am a big movie-buff and have watched 100's of sci-fi movies to judge a sci-fi plot. If this were made into a movie,it would sure as hell break plenty of records.
    You beauty!
    i am totally blown.
    i am a big movie-buff and have watched 100's of sci-fi movies to judge a sci-fi plot. If this were made into a movie,it would sure as hell break plenty of records. The graphics,gameplay and other stuff are great but what what really steals the show is the plot and especially the ending of the game.
    Too bad if you haven't bought it yet coz its worth every penny. If you're not one of those who like to replay the game on higher difficulty settings after beating it once, this game might change you're mind.
    PS: it was the first bioshock that i bought.i haven't played any of the the previous titles on any platform.
    I have so much to say about this game but let's not spoil the surprise for you. Live it yourself.
  70. Mar 27, 2013
    Probably the most amazing game I have played in the past 10 years every review that has given the game more than 9.5 is true; it really is THAT good. This game is almost like movie in how it is presented story-wise. There is so much depth within it that makes you wonder about the character development like no other game. The characters are so rich and fleshed out that they are like theyProbably the most amazing game I have played in the past 10 years every review that has given the game more than 9.5 is true; it really is THAT good. This game is almost like movie in how it is presented story-wise. There is so much depth within it that makes you wonder about the character development like no other game. The characters are so rich and fleshed out that they are like they are living flesh in blood that you care about. The combat is super smooth and, might I say, much better than the first 2 in the series. There is also a ton of customization in how you want to upgrade your vigors and your strengths. All-in-all, this game definitely deserves a 10/10.

Great job Irrational; great job indeed.
  71. Aug 28, 2013
    Amazing game; honestly this is probably my favourite game of all time. It's not for everyone; the change in tone from Rapture may irk some, and the game-play isn't the best of all time. For me though, I play games for the art and story, both of which are phenomenal in this game. The design, art, story, and character development (among other elements) take the standard for video games to aAmazing game; honestly this is probably my favourite game of all time. It's not for everyone; the change in tone from Rapture may irk some, and the game-play isn't the best of all time. For me though, I play games for the art and story, both of which are phenomenal in this game. The design, art, story, and character development (among other elements) take the standard for video games to a whole new level, and it was also nice that Irrational bothered to give the PC version the option of turning the texture quality up to ridiculous levels (it really improves the overall experience, the game is gorgeous on higher settings). Ken Levine is one of the greatest story tellers of our age, not just in video games. 10/10, my only complaint being a lack of multi-player (which I think could have been fantastic with all the different mechanics in the game), but the single player experience was honestly so brilliant, that I can completely live without it. Expand
  72. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is a must, unless you're brainwashed player who claims that graphics>everything else. It's really hard to describe what I've felt after finishing this game. No words can describe it. Usually i'm very disappointed by modern game industry. But this game, is something else. You can feel this game. Buy it.
  73. Mar 27, 2013
    This is example of what real triple A video game should be. It was done perfect in all sides. Optimization is also awesome. This is Game Of The Year!!!
  74. Apr 18, 2013
    This is by far one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. There's little in this game that you can't enjoy. I spent the first 20-30 minutes of my time in Columbia just walking, literally walking, around and examinging my surrounding. Everything feels so alive, there are so many things going on around you and there are also several things the developers added to the game that youThis is by far one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. There's little in this game that you can't enjoy. I spent the first 20-30 minutes of my time in Columbia just walking, literally walking, around and examinging my surrounding. Everything feels so alive, there are so many things going on around you and there are also several things the developers added to the game that you may never see, that I might have not even seen. It's beautiful to know that it you've played through a game without seeing several things on the side that the developers didn't have to put in the game at all. Elizabeth makes the game far more enjoyable and you'll constantly be thanking your lucky stars she's there on the battlefield with you. By the time the game came to an end my mind had been blown. If you enjoyed the surprise twist to the origninal Bioshock game then you're in for a treat. The game ends in the most beautiful way and is easily one of the best game endings I've ever seen. If you're on the fence on whether or not you should buy this game do youself a huge favour and get it. I can't possibly reccomend this enough. Expand
  75. Apr 5, 2013
    Phenomenal story telling is at work in Bioshock Infinite. Yes, there are times where the twists and turns can be hard to keep up with but that's the point! It's complexity regarding physics and metaphysics is to be expected. Artistically, I can't say I've seen anything quite like it. The set pieces in the game are very, very well done and looks like painstaking detail went into making manyPhenomenal story telling is at work in Bioshock Infinite. Yes, there are times where the twists and turns can be hard to keep up with but that's the point! It's complexity regarding physics and metaphysics is to be expected. Artistically, I can't say I've seen anything quite like it. The set pieces in the game are very, very well done and looks like painstaking detail went into making many of them. Technically, I would not say bioshock is breaking as many boundaries. It is a standard shooter on some levels. However, with the sky-line, the vigors, etc it becomes more. Overall, you would be hard pressed to find a game like this at all. This game will live on in the pantheon of games with the likes of Half Life forever. Expand
  76. Mar 27, 2013
    Never have I thought that a game that has its core built around quantum physics and philosophy would be so perfectly crafted. No cut scenes, 100% immersion, perfect attention to detail, and a story that blew my mind more so than it's predecessor. This... is easily thee best game I've played. Sure, there's the golden oldies that I still love, but Bioshock Infinite has launched a new era ofNever have I thought that a game that has its core built around quantum physics and philosophy would be so perfectly crafted. No cut scenes, 100% immersion, perfect attention to detail, and a story that blew my mind more so than it's predecessor. This... is easily thee best game I've played. Sure, there's the golden oldies that I still love, but Bioshock Infinite has launched a new era of cinematic immersion games. Games that shape the way we ask questions, ponder life, and live in our imaginations. In an ironic twist, it almost makes me wish I never played it, because now I know that every game that's released with money-grabbing intention is just that... pure crap. Expand
  77. Apr 15, 2013
    I have this message to you low-scorers.

I have this message to you low-scorers.

You come to the FPS genre to be entertained in the FPS fashion. Funnily enough there's a certain limit on how many creative ways to kill someone and I think many of them would be way more overrated than this game. If you buy and play and FPS game and get turned off by the fact that you're actually just shooting people with weapons *gasp* I offer this suggestion on rethinking what actual genre and gamestyle you actually enjoy and perhaps refrain from purchasing these.

So you say it's a generic shooter? Well what isn't a generic shooter? Portal can have kudos for being the outlier here, but the overwhelming majority of FPS games have funnily enough been no more than just a play on shooting the guy before he shoots you. I'm not sure where the style title First Person Shooter misleads people here, you must have been going into this expecting guns and a plentiful serving of foes to spray bullets into, if not then again look for another genre. And on the flipside there's no shortage of games that have become memorable for all of us that put more effort into the atmosphere than the shooting gameplay.

Story is also a big thing brought up here. First of all if you actually take the time to explore and listen to the tapes things become far clearer. In these games you cannot just walk down the corridor, shoot this guy and the other and suddenly everything makes sense. You have to investigate and find things out for yourself. You are actively part of the story, you're not taking a backseat here watching someone else as you would reading a book or watching a movie. I might also agree that the story was a little convoluted at times but that doesn't mean the game is a complete fat 0. You were never meant to fully understand the movie Inception on just the first viewing and it doesn't deserve a low score just because of this or even if you hated the story altogether, you won't please everybody.

So please, save those 0 scores for games that truly deserve it, not a game that is innocently using the FPS style as a means of telling a unique story.
  78. Mar 28, 2013
    This is one of if not the most immersive game i have ever played. You will lose yourself in the brilliant gameplay and amazing mind-bending story that you feel like you are actually a part of it. It's an absolute masterpiece.
  79. Sep 19, 2013
    this game is just a amazing masterpiece its such a good looking game without being demanding and just plain awesome this game is very fun and life like characters like Elizabeth just make this game the gameplay has not changed too much from the first Bioshock and that's a good thing the game is just perfect the music choice the graphics the story the gameplay the voice acting this is justthis game is just a amazing masterpiece its such a good looking game without being demanding and just plain awesome this game is very fun and life like characters like Elizabeth just make this game the gameplay has not changed too much from the first Bioshock and that's a good thing the game is just perfect the music choice the graphics the story the gameplay the voice acting this is just a masterpiece you see once or twice in a life time Expand
  80. Apr 1, 2013
    A game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deepA game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deep emotions inside of you. Thank you Irrational. Unforgettable. Expand
  81. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is awesome. Just finish it. My mind was blown away. I dont know what to say. That was... amazing.
    Damn this guys are good. 10 out of 10. For making an art out of shooter.
  82. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a gem. Very few games this generation succeeded in delivering the kind of atmosphere this game provides. Everything is so detailed and the surroundings are spectacular. Booker and Elizabeth have a great chemistry and there relationship grows as the game progresses. The game is about 10-12 hours on the first run but 1999 mode adds replay value. The skyhook gameplay isBioshock Infinite is a gem. Very few games this generation succeeded in delivering the kind of atmosphere this game provides. Everything is so detailed and the surroundings are spectacular. Booker and Elizabeth have a great chemistry and there relationship grows as the game progresses. The game is about 10-12 hours on the first run but 1999 mode adds replay value. The skyhook gameplay is enthralling and never gets old. It has a story and ending that people will not forget, some might not like it but unlike the Mass Effect 3 ending, this ending makes sense in the Bioshock universe and will explain important questions in the end. Do not let this game get past by you, this is an experience every gamer should try. If this is the direction games are going in terms of story and great atmosphere, thenI cannot wait for what Irrational Games has in store for us. Expand
  83. Jan 8, 2014
    There are so many things I can say about BioShock Infinite. It was the first game I ever beat. This game is also one of the greatest games I have ever played. The entire story is amazing with a great plot and one of the most shocking endings ever. Also the graphics are amazing. At some parts I thought I was watching a movie. But most of all the combat is amazing. Whether its versing killerThere are so many things I can say about BioShock Infinite. It was the first game I ever beat. This game is also one of the greatest games I have ever played. The entire story is amazing with a great plot and one of the most shocking endings ever. Also the graphics are amazing. At some parts I thought I was watching a movie. But most of all the combat is amazing. Whether its versing killer birds or robots the combats just great. Also the setting of Columbia is very cool. Maybe not as eerie as Rapture but still very cool and actually somewhat eerie. All in all this game is nearly perfect and I say if you're going to buy it go for it. Expand
  84. May 4, 2013
    One of gaming's biggest achievements.Bioshock Infinite is not only one of the best games of this generation but also has one of the best stories told in a gaming history.

Pros:
    One of the best stories of this generation.
    Great characters,The Elizabeth AI is a perfect.
    Perfect shooting mechanics.
    Great boss fights.
    Superb ending.

This game no cons,it is totally perfect.
  85. Apr 17, 2013
    I decided to write a review even though I didn't have to in the first place. Its just that some idiot by the username AdamC wrote a review so reviling I almost vomited. I don't know whether you're a troll or not but seriously YOU!!! How dare you compare a game like Infinite to a series as cliched and boring like Call of Duty (yep, he's a troll). Anyway, my review goes like this. TheI decided to write a review even though I didn't have to in the first place. Its just that some idiot by the username AdamC wrote a review so reviling I almost vomited. I don't know whether you're a troll or not but seriously YOU!!! How dare you compare a game like Infinite to a series as cliched and boring like Call of Duty (yep, he's a troll). Anyway, my review goes like this. The gameplay has its good and bad moments. My PC is able to handle the game at high resolution and effects but I still find a slight lag with my mouse. Also, you don't seem to be able to catch a break. It's really plenty of shooting and explosions and your shields going down and round it goes again. The enemies have every poor A.I, they keep rushing at you even though you are armed with a rocket launcher. The replacement for the plasmids in the first two games called Vigors in Infinite are awesome, my fav is the Murder of Crows. However, they can feel underwhelming in certain situations and you really need to figure out when is the best time to use which Vigor. I have seen people on Youtube playthroughs using the wrong Vigors at the wrong times, making the game difficult for them. Plotwise, it IS the best for a game in the past few years (since when games have A-grade plots anyway?). Booker DeWitt is a really cool character and Elizabeth is a godsend (throwing items your way) although she can get annoying at times. Simply, the story is the main reason you should play this game. A lot of people complained about certain parts of the game like the ending being unlikable or difficult to understand and yes, it is true. Took me two playthroughs to figure it out. But, it is a pleaser and the Sky-Lines in the game make the gunfights interesting although very frantic (damn Handymans). The game is also very violent, it IS a shooter after all but I didn't find it distracting. The racism and religion angle wasn't a problem either, I guess its just the moral and religious guardians overreacting again as usual. The game isn't perfect, no game is, but I give it a 10 based on the fact that it is probably the most unique game this year. Bioshock Infinite DOES fall flat in many areas and many of the elements the were promised in the early development of the game did not appear (I won't spoil it). Call yourself a real gamer then play it. Although I would advise you to wait for the price to drop a bit if you're unsure. Still, Bioshock Infinite is something different from the usual crap. Play it unless you want to be a delusional CoD fan like our friend at the beginning. Expand
  86. Mar 27, 2013
    I loved the first Bioshock. The second was somewhat meh, and so I was very sceptical, yet very excited about this one.
    And boy was I in for a treat. If you loved the story of the first one, and the setting of the previous games, you will be too!
    The combat is fun and challenging, even at lower difficulties. Sometimes it can be a bit chaotic and killbox-y, but it gets the adrenaline running, which I truly enjoyed.

The story is an absolute masterpiece. The characters are believable, and it's hard not to feel sympathetic with both the protagonist and Elizabeth.
    I loved how the story just slowly ramps up in the beginning, time ticking along, and then as you get further into the game, and deeper into the story, it just picks up pace, until in the end it all just comes together and crashes down on you.

The ending left me shedding a tear, and I would be surprised if I were the only one!
    I can't help but wonder if choices during the game might have made for a different outcome...?
    I suppose only another play-through will tell!
  87. Mar 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a triumph for PC gaming. It has great graphics, a highly immersive storyline, an intricate and beautifully designed world, and smooth flowing gameplay. The combat system works really well and leaves me with a smile on my face. I am so pleased with this game, it's a joy to play!

Your main companion (Elizabeth) has been designed extremely well. She's helpful and intelligent and I never once got that feeling of "get out the way, NPC!". She works with you, movement is well programmed and it makes me feel she's really helping rather than hindering.

The PC implementation is to a high standard. Unreal Engine is looking better than I've seen it before. This is helped by high resolution textures which look absolutely gorgeous. I give out-the-box multi-monitor widescreen support an A+ rating.

Congratulations to Irrational Games for this masterpiece. Highly Recommended!
  88. Jul 31, 2013
    Fantastic, beautiful game that is worthy of being analyzed like a good novel with its criticism of treating capitalism like a religion. Crazy awesome ending too. Elizabeth is one of the greatest companions I have ever had in a video game, and your connection with her gets to be very strong as the game progresses (if you're into it). I just absolutely loved it.

Comments on critiques of

Comments on critiques of the game as being racist: This game is just as racist as Huck Finn, in that, A) racism in 1912 wasn't as big of an issue and B) the setting takes place in a corrupted society, which means their hatred of non-whites is only as valid as Pa's in Mark Twain's novel. The game is only racist if you look at the surface of what the developers are saying. Wonderful game. Game of the year in my opinion.
  89. JEK
    May 22, 2013
    I like this game. But I've finished the game in just 2 days. It was a good game but it seems like I'm playing dishonored. But IF you compare them, BI has great graphics and lots of useful power to choose from. In Dishonored I love the sneaking and assassin kind of killing. The story of BI is really good unlike of the previous one that's boring. I love the ending...
  90. Apr 3, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played.. Amazing Story great graphics and beautiful characters... The intro of the game is one of the best intros I have ever seen and the moment you see Columbia for the first time you just can't resist staring at it... The characters are all amazing espesially Booker DeWitt with his dark past revealing itself throughout the game.. The graphics areOne of the best games I've ever played.. Amazing Story great graphics and beautiful characters... The intro of the game is one of the best intros I have ever seen and the moment you see Columbia for the first time you just can't resist staring at it... The characters are all amazing espesially Booker DeWitt with his dark past revealing itself throughout the game.. The graphics are absolutely beautiful with bright colours and amazing facial expressions... Finally something new to the FPS gender.. Expand
  91. Apr 3, 2013
    People should support this game to encourage video game developers to make more games like this. It's a true work of art, an touching story about regret, faith and redemption. It perfectly combines striking storytelling, amazing gameplay and a deep story. Furthermore, they made Elizabeth one of my favorite female game characters:) Keep on the good work, Irrational Games!
  92. Apr 10, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite Presents something entirely new but still keeping the same essence. The Gamplay is simple and gripping and it is really fun. The Most amazing thing about the AI is Elizabeth. The way the player interacts with her is really good and handy. The emotion is binds the player with the thoughts of her. At times it may seem that game becomes easy with this assistance but surelyBioshock Infinite Presents something entirely new but still keeping the same essence. The Gamplay is simple and gripping and it is really fun. The Most amazing thing about the AI is Elizabeth. The way the player interacts with her is really good and handy. The emotion is binds the player with the thoughts of her. At times it may seem that game becomes easy with this assistance but surely it is what makes the game different from others. The Graphics looks astonishingly well although there are some glitches but it is entirely forgivable. The Storytelling and the voice acting were the main thing that made the game distinctive. It was a whole new level of story telling. I thought that it will not live up to expectations but it has. The ending was a bit unexpected and it left me thinking for a while but it is totally justified. Although the violence the game depicts sometimes drags us out from the same emotional narrative it can be overlooked. Expand
  93. May 12, 2013
    Didn't care much for Bioshock 1, got bored 30mins in to the 2nd but Bioshock Infinite is my opinion a perfect game! Great story, well crafted characters an amazing twist... just out right enjoyable all around! It's so great to have such a colorful and refreshing experience.
  94. Aug 5, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a game which you can play dozens of times without getting bored.The graphics are astonishing,the story is well-written and well,where the game truly exceeds is the ending,the combat and of course the voxophones which help you to find out more about the character's motivations.I enjoyed the game and i think that is a really contender for goty,although i wished that theBioShock Infinite is a game which you can play dozens of times without getting bored.The graphics are astonishing,the story is well-written and well,where the game truly exceeds is the ending,the combat and of course the voxophones which help you to find out more about the character's motivations.I enjoyed the game and i think that is a really contender for goty,although i wished that the choices you've made during the game to have an impact on the ending. Expand
  95. May 10, 2013
    A STANK ASS GAME IT STAN|K YO IT SUCKED YO IT SUCKED LIKE DIARRHEA

Well I can start by saying. It is a very unique and artistic setting. The visuals are great. To be quite honest it isn't as good as the game deserves. I found it to
  96. Mar 29, 2013
    It's impossible to accurately describe what makes Bioshock Infinite the masterpiece that it is. In large part it's due to the storytelling and the characters, but Ken Levine obviously has learned, from his years of game design, how to create a world that feels real, and that sucks you in.

Colombia is beautiful, but troubled. At first glance, you're walking into a utopia built upon a christian jingoist cult and you will be absolutely awestruck by the vistas sprawling out before you. Remember that feeling you got when you started Bioshock 1 for the first time? It's like that, but tenfold. The combat is also excellent, and low-scoring reviewers obviously were more accustomed to run-and-gun COD style gameplay, not realizing that FPS titles existed long before the new franchises that kids have grown up with today, and there is so much more to gaming than l33t no-scope headshots and hiding behind walls. The best way I can think of describing it is a combination of Halo, Half Life 2, Bioshock 1, and perhaps a bit of COD thrown into the mix for iron sights and cover-based shooting moments. Vigors (read: plasmids) work much better in this title than they did in previous Bioshock installments, and have far more uses. If you really want to get the most out of combat in this game, use your vigors creatively, use the sky hook, and use the entire battlefield instead of just one corner. I can't think of another title that let me fire a chaingun at robotic George Washingtons while sliding along a rail, only to jump off and decapitate a machine gunner on the dismount, in one fluid and satisfying motion. I also can't think of another FPS title in recent memory that presents you with enemies that are immune to things like grenades.

However, while the combat is fun, the real strength of Bioshock Infinite is in it's storytelling and chaaracters. It's difficult if not near impossible to not fall for Elizabeth when you first meet her, the Luteces are perfect companion characters that provide necessary comic relief as well as important exposition, and everything just makes sense the more you play. As with all Bioshock games, there is a twist, but I will not spoil it for you and will not even tell you when to expect it. Suffice to say, the game gets deep and keeps going, and by the end you might have the best kind of headache.

It might be harsh to say, but the reviews below that are scoring Bioshock Infinite at anything between 0 and 6 simply... didn't understand it, and that's OK. Unfortunately, if the majority of the world disagrees with you, they're not the ones who are wrong. Play it again; get absorbed, get lost in it, get involved in it. It's not "stupid" to invest yourself emotionally in this game. that's the entire point of playing it.

This is one of those games that you need to seriously devote some thought to. It will twist your brain and test your emotions. The only way it could be called "mediocre" is if you tried to play a game like this like you would play a yearly installment of COD and paid absolutely no attention whatsoever to the environments, characters, storyline, or original gameplay. You don't just grab a gun and go to town on evil nazi zombies, you are defending yourself, and that is what makes all the difference.

Buy Bioshock Infinite. It's the most satisfying, brilliant, and fresh take on the FPS genre since Half Life 2.
  97. Apr 13, 2013
    I've loved the Bioshock series from the start, so I may be biased, but I absolutely LOVED playing through this adventure. Game play, story and visuals merged to create a really epic game that will undoubtedly be talked about positively for years to come. Works of art like this make me confident that the gaming industry as a whole still has hope, I can't recommend this title more highly.
  98. May 20, 2013
    very very bland game, not until the very end did anything interesting begin to happen. another thing wrong with this game is that the boys of silence were too scary.
  99. Apr 1, 2013
    I'm just going to go ahead and say this. This game is incredible. Easily a more than worthy contender for GOTY and one of the greatest games of this generation. It easily deserves the hype and praise it's been getting. Also, don't pay attention to the negative reviews. They are either just trolls or they can't tell the difference between a bad game, and a game that isn't in tune with theirI'm just going to go ahead and say this. This game is incredible. Easily a more than worthy contender for GOTY and one of the greatest games of this generation. It easily deserves the hype and praise it's been getting. Also, don't pay attention to the negative reviews. They are either just trolls or they can't tell the difference between a bad game, and a game that isn't in tune with their personal taste. Expand

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]