8.5

1. Apr 21, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is not over-hyped. Granted you don't need to use more than several vigors and the guns can do most of the work. But it remains leaps ahead of second best in all gameplay regards. You work with balanced and fun weapons, a few favourite vigors (basically of your choosing, so no complaints that they aren't all critical), and fantastic environmental factors many of whichBioshock Infinite is not over-hyped. Granted you don't need to use more than several vigors and the guns can do most of the work. But it remains leaps ahead of second best in all gameplay regards. You work with balanced and fun weapons, a few favourite vigors (basically of your choosing, so no complaints that they aren't all critical), and fantastic environmental factors many of which you control dynamically.

The story is draw-dropping, sit and stare at the screen for hours quality. You will contemplate it for days and feel empty that you can't experience it freshly again. Infinite is clever, funny, and incredibly well thought out. The Lutece twins take the cake wonderful quasi-narrators with their writing's roots in absurdist drama and especially Stoppard's incredible Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.

Elizabeth is perfect as both a character and a gameplay mechanic. She will investigate objects, glare at you, hide in fear, and gasp when you do something special. There has never been a more real character and better realised AI in any game. You would scream bloody murder if anyone hurt her but, thankfully, she handles herself and will pull you out oft he fire in the most hectic moments time and time again.

The world is perfect. Infinite doesn't tell you a story you live and breathe a story. It's your story. The world is perceived by where you choose to look, which posters you read, conversations you overhear, and places you choose to go. The pacing is absolutely perfect and the narrative drives well yet doesn't feel linear.

Bioshock Infinite is, simply put, the greatest game of all time.
  2. Apr 21, 2013
    The story was just awesome. It tells a great story with pretty sweet game play. Even when you beat it and play it again that's just it, you still can't take away the fact of how good of a game this was.10/10 indeed
  3. Apr 26, 2013
    This game will leave you in awe, the first impressions are what a beautiful and immersible city. When you uncover the top off it, the dark undertones hit you. The game mechanics, fantastic set pieces and impressive moving features are stunning. This is why we play video games... This is what any genre should aim to create in their unique way, fantastic game play, fantastic story withThis game will leave you in awe, the first impressions are what a beautiful and immersible city. When you uncover the top off it, the dark undertones hit you. The game mechanics, fantastic set pieces and impressive moving features are stunning. This is why we play video games... This is what any genre should aim to create in their unique way, fantastic game play, fantastic story with twists and turns and LESS off the repetitiveness we have come to persevere with in recent years off gaming (esp fps). The Ending blew me away... I love this...

What a great way to end the last few great games of this generation and hope that some greedy mass-repeat devs/publishers can take note... take my money for this quality anytime
  4. May 3, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of the best works of Irrational Games. The Steampunk atmosphere and also the story are so charming. If you want to play a game with good story and if you want to play a game for surviving in a good atmosphere, don't miss that game
  5. May 4, 2013
    There's an awful lot of love and hate for this game. So for the purpose of keeping things simple, I'd like to give a in depth review (no spoilers) that looks at the positive and negative side of the argument to help people decide whether or not to buy it.
    First off, don't go into this game expecting a fast paced FPS or you will be dissappointed. This is a story driven game. There are plenty of actions sequences, but playing just for them will leave you dissapointed. Infinite's story is one of the best I've ever seen. However, you need to get in the habit of slowing down and really taking in the world around you. Hunting for voxophones and listening to conversations really brings the world to life. The story can be a bit confusing as a lot of things have symbolism that won't be apparent until late in the game, but it's the kind of story that will make you want to go back and play again to better understand these points. I won't give away the ending, but it really does end with a bang.
    Secondly, the gameplay. veterans of the series will notice right off that weapon slots have been reduced to two. This is both a positive and negative thing. Personally, it steered me more towards using the powers rather than just run and gunning. However, it takes away the ability to swap ammo types, which feels limiting. The vigors (plasmids) are a lot of fun to use, but are incredibly unbalanced. The first one you get can possess enemies, and when upgraded, causes soldiers to fight for you, then suicide when the timer runs out, allowing entire rooms to be cleared by turning everyone against each other. While they are varied and fun, more work needed to be done to ensure balance.
    Third, the world. Leaving Rapture was a risk that paid off. The first time you set foot in Columbia made my jaw drop. The vibrant colors were a great change of pace from Rapture and any other game in recent months. The city is widely varied and beautiful to look at. However, while work was put into the design, the textures are not as high as could be. This doesn't really take away from the experience, but it could have made a great city even better. Character models work nice though. Some people say it's linear, but in a story driven game, that's almost a necessity. A open world would have lost focus on the main story. I'm not saying it absolutly wouldn't work, but it would have required a major redesign.
  6. May 22, 2013
    Be advised: BioShock Infinite is a linear, short, 10 15 hour campaign with no multiplayer and no real additional options to attract additional playthroughs, if you think you will be able to spend hundreds of hours on this game then you will be dissapointed. I'm not saying in this as a negative aspect however, as it's neccesary. This 10 15 hour campaign, is a beautifully crafted piece ofBe advised: BioShock Infinite is a linear, short, 10 15 hour campaign with no multiplayer and no real additional options to attract additional playthroughs, if you think you will be able to spend hundreds of hours on this game then you will be dissapointed. I'm not saying in this as a negative aspect however, as it's neccesary. This 10 15 hour campaign, is a beautifully crafted piece of creative storytelling, which mixes heartwarming character development and stunningly pretty visuals, with very dark themes and serious story elements, creating a wonderfully immersive journey, which as you can see from some of these reviews, has had a real emotional effect on people.

The world of Columbia is a beautiful floating metropolis, with bright and colourful art direction to house its happy citizens, which hides a ruthless racist underbelly and cultural issues by taking an interesting spin on American history. You can see the passion that went into the fine details of this unique setting, and it was a pleasure to behold and learn about.

The characters are incredibly likable, are backed up by impeccably good voice acting to represent character development which I've never before seen in a game. It's one of few games that has pulled off having an AI companion which isn't completely annoying, and in fact she is an absolute pleasure to have around and catapults the normal lonely narrative of a singleplayer game into something that almost feels like a co-op experience. This game is the first game to successfully make me really care about its characters.

The combat itself takes a step away from the more strategic, in depth gameplay of the original game, and is a lot more chaotic, fighting more enemies in bigger areas, and feels faster paced. It offers satisfying inventiveness with the array of options available to destroy your enemies. The addition of skylines, motorized tracks that follow a rollercoaster-esque design, add a sense of verticality and childlike thrill that I never thought possible. They are incredibly smooth to use, allowing you to shoot whilst moving, eject at any location you like, and even allow you to jump between them, adding an incredible sense of acrobatics to a genre where movement is usually quite stale. The skylines are probably the most addictive gameplay feature I've seen.

The music, whilst sometimes understandbly simplistic, is beautifully arranged and fits the mood perfectly, with unique sound design and voice acting which is incredibly realisitic to the time period.

It's not the normal game elements like combat and graphics which sets this game apart from others, its the sublime, beautiful moments, which catapult this experience from the ordinary pass-time of video games, to the fantastic masterpiece that everyone is raving about. This all culminates in a mindblowing ending, which is sure to cause many manly tears to be shed.

That's not saying this game doesn't have it's flaws the level design is a little too linear, some of the skills feel uninspired, it has its fair share of bugs and minor plotholes. But these flaws don't seem to hinder the overall experience, it was only after I finished and began to analyse the game did I see these flaws, I was so immersed and connected to the story and its characters that I simply didn't notice them.

This only touches the surface on all that BioShock Infinite has to offer, there is so much detail, and so many points to discuss within this game, that couldn't be summarized in 50,000 words, let alone 5000.

From a technical aspect, I would give this game a 8/10. Thankfully though, my enjoyment isn't based on analysing a games technical aspects, but is based on the fun and happyness I feel when I first play it and based on that and that alone, this is a 10/10 for me my favourite game of all time.

I cannot thank the developers enough for creating this incredible experience, which I'm sure will stay in many gamers hearts and memories for years to come. To describe this game in 1 word: beautiful.
  7. May 14, 2013
    One of the best games story wise and graphical immersion I've played You will instantly get submersed into the world of Columbia the second you get into it, the games main characters are easily likeable and interesting at the same time, it met my hype with all expectations, while indeed far different from traditional bioshock games as of a "creepy not sure what's around the corner" styleOne of the best games story wise and graphical immersion I've played You will instantly get submersed into the world of Columbia the second you get into it, the games main characters are easily likeable and interesting at the same time, it met my hype with all expectations, while indeed far different from traditional bioshock games as of a "creepy not sure what's around the corner" style its more about the whole "surreal" and "mind blowing" effect this time around, You can without a doubt tell this this is one polished Triple-A game, the ONLY complaint I have is the ending is a tad hard to comprehend at first but with some quick searching online and maybe another replay its understandable. Expand
  8. May 22, 2013
    I was never a fan of the first two games But this one is just incredible If not the best game i ever played it is definitely one of the top 5 Not even a single wrong with with game Awesomeness at its best
  9. May 29, 2013
    A perfect 10 from my POV and tastes. It hit a sentimental cord in me. One of the only games in the last decades that actually left me wanting more and having to deal with time till that "more" arrives.
  10. Jun 1, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite was a joy to play, I enjoyed the storyline throughout the entire game, The Gameplay was solid, exciting and thrilling, The Graphics were just amazing, but there were some parts were the graphics look fake, just an example, at the start of the game when you get baptised a boy runs up to you and gives you a telegram, he looked really fake but who cares?I have playedBioshock Infinite was a joy to play, I enjoyed the storyline throughout the entire game, The Gameplay was solid, exciting and thrilling, The Graphics were just amazing, but there were some parts were the graphics look fake, just an example, at the start of the game when you get baptised a boy runs up to you and gives you a telegram, he looked really fake but who cares?I have played previous Bioshock games before and they changed the way I enjoy games, There are many guns to choose from but you can only carry two guns at a time, this is good because you really have to think about what you need, The vigors plasmids from the other bioshock games) really bring the game to life but I only used two of them throughout the game, I spent about 14-15 hours playing this, there are many things you can do like finding loot, gear etc. I would recommend this game to anybody because they will finish the game breathless. Expand
  11. Mar 7, 2014
    the reason why alot of people are saying the graphics suck is because they don't know what art style the developers were going for, the story is amazing and the gameplay is fun, definetley worth picking up
  12. Aug 16, 2013
    BioShock Infinite definitely meets it's hype. It has one of the best stories I have ever read, played, or heard, the way it drops all the hits through out the game but don't really understand it till the very end which makes the end feel satisfying. The environment/atmosphere is outstanding. The characters are very interesting, seeing Elizabeth, with a kind heart explore the world beingBioShock Infinite definitely meets it's hype. It has one of the best stories I have ever read, played, or heard, the way it drops all the hits through out the game but don't really understand it till the very end which makes the end feel satisfying. The environment/atmosphere is outstanding. The characters are very interesting, seeing Elizabeth, with a kind heart explore the world being fascinated at everything really makes her a lovable character to the main villain who you will grow to hate more and more. The game play is very fun! I love the fact that you can shoot one vigor and then a different one to make a more powerful effect. The only downside is that most of the combat that I face, I feel way to over powered, at a certain point in the game all i really have to do is use crow vigor once and it spreads, everyone is dead by the time I fire a shot, all the other times i have no sense of trying to take cover or watch my ammo since Elizabeth gives you everything if you are low mid combat, which allows me to go guns blazing (This is on normal difficulty). Although I feel over powered, that's not saying that being over powered isn't fun. It is lots of fun! watching your enemies get eaten by flaming crows is pretty awesome! Overall I would actually give this game a 9.8 Expand
  13. Feb 14, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game, with a great story, outstanding and colourful world and overall GOOD gameplay it is one of 2013's best. There are only a few main negative points that Infinite carries which is which are its lack of meaningful player decisions, a lame final battle. and a few hallway-shooter levels. The last ~3 minutes or so of the game will tie up all loose ends fromBioshock Infinite is an amazing game, with a great story, outstanding and colourful world and overall GOOD gameplay it is one of 2013's best. There are only a few main negative points that Infinite carries which is which are its lack of meaningful player decisions, a lame final battle. and a few hallway-shooter levels. The last ~3 minutes or so of the game will tie up all loose ends from the game and some that you didn't even know existed.

14. Nov 6, 2013
    Probably my favorite game of all time, it has an AMAZING story, memorable characters, a beautiful art style, fun combat (in my opinion at least) and by far the BEST ENDING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN ANY SORT OF ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT. Just buy it, and don't forget the DLC which is going to be epic
  15. Nov 11, 2013
    This game is the ultimate masterpiece in every way. It's so beautiful that you stop to admire the scenario, the combat is fun with new skylines, vigors combos and plenty of weapons to chose from and the story is perfect in every detail (which they focus a lot).
  16. Nov 18, 2013
    Uma palavra pra definir esse jogo "Mágico". Visual deslumbrante. Sentido religioso em contraponto com uma violência desmedida. As músicas nos remetem realmente a tempos passados, mesmo que não tenhamos vividos naquela época... OBRA-PRIMA!!!!
  17. Jan 25, 2014
    I really liked this game. Really really liked it. Its graphics are fantastic, theme is spot-on, and the gameplay is rock-solid. The only complaints I have (relatively minor ones) stem from the story and characters.

Starting off with the graphics: I'm so glad my upgraded PC can run this on max. While some areas of the game aren't really that amazing from a technical standpoint, going outside in Columbia is a revelation. Not only did I appreciate the lighting, textures, and particle effects, but felt that they aided my absorption into the game.

The astounding graphics tie into my next love of the game: the theme. Columbia is breathtaking. The old-timey machines, voices, and buildings are breathtaking. This game made 1912 interesting, a mean feat considering how boring I found it previously. The ideas behind this game are varied, and I have no doubt that they could carry a prequel or a sequel if one was made.

Gameplay finally. Weapons feel punchy and dangerous. Vigors were better implemented in this game than they were in the first Bioshock; they were a key aspect of most of my battles. Elizabeth's 'tearing' saved my ass so many times that I'm not even sure I would have beat the game without it. Skylines are just the best idea ever, although I did find myself over-using them because of the almost-complete safety they gave me. Airship battles: not restricting at all, which I thought they would be. The enemies also kept you on your toes, with the Handymen and crow guys standing out for me. Some people say the gameplay is nothing special, and objectively that may be so, but I did really feel like Booker DeWitt trying to survive in this weird new world whenever I was in combat.

Now to the goddamn story and characters. Without spoiling much, I loved Elizabeth (as most do). Pretty much all of the moments of happiness, sadness, and compassion were because of her. Only times I didn't like her was when she was wayyyyy too clued-in to what was going on to make any sense (read: the ending). However, that's more of a story problem than hers. Comstock was one-dimensional, racist, bible-bashing, but entertaining enough. Booker has a bit of an uneven story; he turns from being vital to the plot to almost invisible many times throughout the game. Other characters range from great (Lutece twins) to okay (Jeremiah Fink) to bad (Daisy Fitzroy).

The story itself, well, I really really really liked it. Ranging from figuring out what the hell is going on to trying to escape to, well, the endgame, I had a blast throughout. I genuinely looked forward to every new location in the game. Only problem; the ending was rushed. I loved the ideas behind it, but they could have been paced better to give the player time to breathe. That being said, the whole ending sequence was so thought-provoking I want to replay the game just to see what I missed. I could go on with my opinion on the story, but I don't really feel like it. It's really an 'in the moment' game.

Overall, a great game.
  18. Jan 6, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite 1 of the years best with a ending that ties everything together characters so real you can touch them mainly Elizabeth the most pure and innocent character ever who is the heart and soul of this art.
  19. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is not often you play a game and then immediately afterwards want to talk about your feelings and experience. System Shock 1 did not do that for me, not even System Shock 2 and I still have my original CDs of that game. SS2 was one of my best games all time by the way. Like it or not - games have moved on and the consolisation of our beloved PC games continues. Shame I say!

Bioshock Infinite is a lot like the original Bioshock. However, some things have been changed for the better - some for the worse. You are now travelling amongst the clouds, in a magical floating city where Humming Birds, Candy Floss and rainbows stretch across the horizon. It follows after one of the best introductions in a video game - starting with the standard man, boat, lighthouse and ending up in the amazing chapel. At the beginning - you sort of explore - play some games in the fairground - see the happy locals living their privelaged life.

Like the orginal BIoshocks - the game is extremely linear - this time there is no illusion that you are free to choose your path. What you are playing is an interactive story and believe me - it is the best interactive story you could ever take part in. Bringing in film, books and gaming together - the end result, and I mean when you get to THE END - you will think and feel like you never have before in gaming.

I liked the moment in the beginning chapel and getting baptised. I liked exploring the opening fairground and taking part in the games. I was surprised by the lottery section and the comment it made on mixed marriages. I liked the use of the sky rails and had not experienced that in a video game before. I liked the combat but found I was often reminded to use the vigours - unlike Bioshock 1 and 2. I liked the beach, the American Indian and Chinese Boxers sections. I liked the build up to your initial meeting with Elizabeth.

The experience with the Elizabeth character was just so amazing and wonderful - totally unique - no - nothing like Alyx in Half Life 2 - much better. Watching the Elizabeth character change over the course of the game was heart wrenching and your inability of stopping that was difficult to take. Remember - you are not in control of this game - you go and do what you are told - you live the story and play your role.

Technically - the game is not better than SS2 or BS1 - but the story telling sets this game apart from any other I have experienced - give it a go, please. Take your time and do not rush - explore the world - struggle through the bad interface and dumbed down options - you will thank me.

Hmm - anything wrong with the game? Well - let's say I would have done some things different - too much shooter for me. Somethings seem to have been taken out or put in at the last minute - it's obvious but all that never really affected my experience, or my feelings.

I think this thing of leaving bits of the story and background in voicemails needs to improve in the future - we gamers really need this a bit more directly - we all don't have time to search the intranet to find answers once we complete a game - please give us more info next time. Some character interaction with the citizens with the world would help that.

So - on to the feelings and thinking bit - BI is a grown up game - younger people might like the (standard) shooty shooty, I would not. Without the story telling this game is not a "Shock". It becomes a standard shooter.

Racism, Equality, The Nature of Power, Violence, Religion, Technology. Family. Children. The choices we make. What is gaming for?

I am giving this a 9/10 with Skyrim being a 10/10. I don't understand the haters below that are giving it a fat zero. Obviously a game can move from a 7 to a 10, some guys might be really into this one and give it a 10. I would not say it is excessive. But zeros? All their criticism is valid though -

Some ways this is worse than Bioshock - the story telling is better.
    Bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt.
    Elizabeth: Booker, are you afraid of God? Booker DeWitt: No. But I'm afraid of you.
    The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist.
    The seed of the prophet shall sit the throne, and drown in flame the mountains of man.
    Love the Prophet, cause he loves the Sinner, Love the Sinner, Because he is you. Without the Sinner, what need is there for a redeemer? Without Sin, what grace has forgiveness?
    What exactly was the great emancipator, emancipating the negro from? From his daily bread, from the nobility of honest days work, from wealthy patrons who sponsered them from cradle to grave. Front clothing and shelter and what have they done?, Why go to Finkton and you shall find out. No man is born free, except the white man, and it is our burden to care for the rest of creation.

The ending is the best ending EVER in a video game - show me better if you can.
  20. Jan 27, 2014
    Bioshock was my Game of the Year of 2013. In order to have a full understanding and experience, play the other Bioshock's before starting Infinite.
    The graphics are gorgeous and stunning on PC, the gameplay and shooter mechanics are smooth and exceptional.
    What really drives Infinite is the story line. Not ruining anything, but the ending is confusing to many people and I suggest once you have finished, youtube the ending of Bioshock Infinite explained in full detail.
    Elizabeth is a companion that is never going to be forgotten. She not only helps you in battle, but she is what drives the story. Elizabeth, you could say, is the centerpiece throughout the entire game.
    The vigors are well thought and interpreted, as this gives the player many options to chose how they want to approach a battle. Planning is essential on the higher difficulties, especially 1999 mode.
    However, the game does not feature enough guns, and I found myself sticking with the same guns throughout the whole game.
    All in all, one of the best story-driven, first-person shooters I have ever played. Please continue to amaze us, 2K and Irrational Games.
  21. Jan 26, 2014
    Back in the year 2007, the company Irrational Games released BioShock, which was a fantastic first person shooter that brought new things to the table that brought a more unique flare to the tried and true FPS genre. This game had an amazing storyline, superpowers that change the way the game can be played, and beautiful graphics. The game was fantastic, and critically acclaimed byBack in the year 2007, the company Irrational Games released BioShock, which was a fantastic first person shooter that brought new things to the table that brought a more unique flare to the tried and true FPS genre. This game had an amazing storyline, superpowers that change the way the game can be played, and beautiful graphics. The game was fantastic, and critically acclaimed by critics and FPS fans alike. Then in 2010, a sequel called BioShock 2 was released. This game was not made by the same developer. Despite this however, the game was considered great, but not as good as its predecessor. Now the series is back with BioShock Infinite, a game with a different setting from the first two games, but is still made by the developer of the first game. So, does this game live up to the legacy of its predecessors, or should the developers have just stuck with the original setting? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is very similar to its predecessors. It is a first person shooter with many weapons for you to mess around with. This game has all of the weapons that an FPS fan could ask for. It has machine guns, shotguns, pistols, and even grenade launchers. This may sound like your generic FPS at first, but this game also has something that changes the gameplay quite a bit. You also have these amazing superpowers called vigors. Vigors give your character special powers such as the ability to throw fire into your enemy's faces, zapping them with lightning, and even murdering them with a horde of crows. Overall, this game's gameplay is not much different from it's predecessors at all, except that it seems to appeal more to the modern FPS fan then a classic one. After all, this time you can only have two weapons at a time, and you can only wield two vigors at a time. However, this isn't much of a problem considering that it is still fun to play despite this restriction. The gameplay of this game is quite fantastic overall. The graphics of this game have got to be the most beautiful I have ever seen in any video game. I'm not kidding. This game's graphics are just so beautiful it is crazy. Everything is rich with detail, along with being bright and colorful. The setting is probably the most beautiful part however. It is a city in the clouds that is filled with posters, billboards and the like talking about how amazing the place is. The people in the game are realistic looking, the clouds in the sky are a nice touch, and I could go on and on. This game is about as beautiful as a modern FPS can get. As for the story, it is quite possibly the best story that I have ever heard in my life. That is not a joke. This story is so amazing it is ridiculous. It starts with you, the main character Booker DeWitt, who is threatened with death if he doesn't complete his mission. His mission is to "Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt,". This girl is Elizabeth, who you will meet later in the game, who will be your sidekick later on. Along the way, you get caught up in a conflict with the game's main villain, Zachary Hale Comstock who created the city of Columbia, which is where the game takes place. The story is told like a classic animated Disney movie, and is filled with themes such as racism and religion. The story is handled quite fantastically, and is told very well.
    Overall, this game definitely lives up to the legacy of its predecessors. It is a game that absolutely everyone needs to play. It is one of the best games I have ever played in my life. My only real problem with it is that it is too much like a modern shooter, where the other games in the franchise were more like a classic FPS.
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  22. Jan 27, 2014
    Relish this game. Take it all in. Beautiful and gripping from pillar to post! One of the best games ive ever played...to date! I find it hard to comprehend how some people score it low. If its not your cup of tea its worth at least a 7/10 for its sheer graphical quality and beauty!
  23. Mar 4, 2014
    Like mentioned by other graphics are stunning. I spent ages searching around the little bits of the linear path just to make sure I have not missed anything. Thought the story was good as well and your AI buddy does not get in the way like other games and occasionally likes to throw money and guns at you, which is always a bonus! I am looking forward to getting round to buying and givingLike mentioned by other graphics are stunning. I spent ages searching around the little bits of the linear path just to make sure I have not missed anything. Thought the story was good as well and your AI buddy does not get in the way like other games and occasionally likes to throw money and guns at you, which is always a bonus! I am looking forward to getting round to buying and giving the dlc a play through. Expand
  24. Feb 24, 2014
    /// sorry for bad english/// bioshock infinite best game in which I played an incredible story introducing the head, great graphics(not for innovation , a wonderful atmosphere and beauty) , the combat system was estimated at low levels of complexity recommend to take the 1999 mode , this game is so good that I played 90 hours approximately 5 playthroughs ,you won't believe I just enjoy/// sorry for bad english/// bioshock infinite best game in which I played an incredible story introducing the head, great graphics(not for innovation , a wonderful atmosphere and beauty) , the combat system was estimated at low levels of complexity recommend to take the 1999 mode , this game is so good that I played 90 hours approximately 5 playthroughs ,you won't believe I just enjoy beautiful locations ,and plot ,but really ,this is the best game at the time of 2013. 10 out of 10 masterpiece Expand
  25. Jun 13, 2014
    To put it simply Bioshock Infinite is the best game I have ever played. Stunning visuals, a phenomenal setting, enjoyable gunplay and the best story I've ever had the pleasure to play through.
  26. Jun 28, 2014
    The best game i've ever played. 100% sure. The best about Bioshock series is the fact that the games have no cutscenes and that makes the experience totally real. The scenary and the graphics are so beautiful you will feel the need to enjoy every second, notice every detail, explore every place. The story is beautiful, the characters captivating and the ending couldn't be more perfect. TheThe best game i've ever played. 100% sure. The best about Bioshock series is the fact that the games have no cutscenes and that makes the experience totally real. The scenary and the graphics are so beautiful you will feel the need to enjoy every second, notice every detail, explore every place. The story is beautiful, the characters captivating and the ending couldn't be more perfect. The gameplay is awesome, allows you to create strategies on your battles and fight in a lot of ways possible. Bioshock Infinite is not to be played, is to be lived. This game is an art piece, it's perfect. Expand
  27. Jul 3, 2014
    just fantastic, the best game i have played in a long time.
    just fantastic, the best game i have played in a long time.
    some people's graphics have a couple of issues on the PC that can be fixed but once they are done its just great. the gameplay is easy to get lost in, the story has some truly remarkable moments that will have your mind doing somersaults. its totally different to the first two bioshock games, but also so close that you feel right at home. play through and you will see just how close it gets. many little nuances that keep you interested in the background and scenery.
    it manages to be both familiar and completely new, i have honestly never played anything quite so good. there are great games and then there are exceptional games, this definitely falls into the latter. if you are a fan of the first bioshock games then this is a game that you will love intensely.
    if you are new to the series i could see how it could seem a bit bewildering. there is so much intensity to the story, styling and background it could be overwhelming. all i could suggest is to play the others too and you will fall in love with the series.
    10 is not high enough praise from me.
  28. Jul 7, 2014
    Had to make an account just to write a review for this game. This is easily one of the best games I have played in the past 10 years. The world, art style, gameplay, voice acting, graphics, and mechanics are incredible and absolutely keep you hooked. The crown jewel of the game is really the story though. Its as good if not better than some of the top HBO shows, movies, etc.. EverythingHad to make an account just to write a review for this game. This is easily one of the best games I have played in the past 10 years. The world, art style, gameplay, voice acting, graphics, and mechanics are incredible and absolutely keep you hooked. The crown jewel of the game is really the story though. Its as good if not better than some of the top HBO shows, movies, etc.. Everything about it is perfection and I would not change a single thing. If you have not played this game it is a MUST. Expand
  29. Jul 28, 2014
    This is by far the best fps I have ever played. The plot is outstanding and the action is great, it was hard to pull myself away from it. The game isn't just horror based like bioshock 1 and 2, it revolves around a breathtaking plot which some points are designed to be scary. There was never a single moment when i felt finished or even frustrated with the game, if you haven't played itThis is by far the best fps I have ever played. The plot is outstanding and the action is great, it was hard to pull myself away from it. The game isn't just horror based like bioshock 1 and 2, it revolves around a breathtaking plot which some points are designed to be scary. There was never a single moment when i felt finished or even frustrated with the game, if you haven't played it yet, get it now. Expand
  30. Jul 29, 2014
    Great game, probably the best in the series. Combat controls are excellent, bugs are nonexistent. The plot, characters, and environment are amazingly well done. A masterpiece of a game.
  31. Aug 23, 2014
    This game starts and take us to a great journey in a spectacular way and the way it does no movie could do so perfectly as Bioshock Infinite does. It worth every penny you spend and if you have a good taste for amazing stories then this is your game. Prepare to a mind blowing experience.
  32. Sep 13, 2014
    Im just going to say that is Bioshock. No, joke xD. you just have to see the end to know that this is a masterpiece. A lot of people say that The last of us is better, but NO. and i have also play the last of us, and i also think that is a masterpiece, but not as good as Bioshock Infinite.
  33. Nov 23, 2014
    Looking for a fun, original, FPS, that combines exciting, and adventurous gameplay, with deep and layered story telling? Look no further.

I consider this to be the greatest game of 2013, because I not only had the most fun playing this but I have never felt so emotionally invested in the characters (not even in the last of us). My only complaints would be that the main villain does not live up to the great Andrew Ryan, and it seems a little short. But that may just be because I completed it in one sitting.
  34. Jun 20, 2013
    This HAS to be game of the year. This game is so fresh, and its not stale! This is one of the greatest games I have played in a long time, I've just completed it and I don't want to spoil anything but it feels like I've just watched The Matrix for the first time. My mind is blown.

Anyway, I wasn't too sure about this game. The fact that it took place up in the sky put me off as the first 2 games were at the bottom of the ocean and I thought there's no way that's possible, it must be a tiny city... (Derp, Bioshock 1 & 2 took place underwater! What am I thinking?!) The graphics made me a bit put off as well which looked a bit more like a cartoon rather than it looking rough and realistic and I really regret judging the game for that which is why I didn't buy it until a few days ago.

The graphics are really nice and have this bloom effect. The game also ran really well for me on 'High' the only problems I had was random crashing a few times which rarely happened as well as stuttering if I alt-tabbed out of the game for a while or just very rare random stuttering. (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz, 3.5GB Ram, [I actually have 8 but 32-bit only lets me use 3.5] and ATI Radeon 6950.)

There are lots of weapons and the revolver no doubt is my favourite, as well as the machine gun. All of the weapons give a satisfying *UMPH* if you know what I mean. As for the plasmids (or vigors) which have cleverly been designed as liquid to consume; are somewhat similar to the plasmids but have a different feel to it which is ok.

Now you have an NPC which follows you throughout the game which is Elizabeth and surprisingly she's not dumb and doesn't get in the way or be useless as a brick wall, she's actually really useful. The dialogue where she throws supplies is a bit repetitive but you don't really notice it that much as you can mostly hear gunfire.

The overall feel for the game has that Bioshock feeling, but its different and I like it.

BAD: Personally I am disappointed that nothing is really physical like the first 2 games. I can understand why they did this as the physics in the previous games were clunky and a bit buggy but a lot of items could had been physical.

I also dislike that when you upgrade your weapons no attachments are added to them, it's just the same model.

Overall this game is 100% worth buying, it's fresh, the voice acting is simply amazing and I really got attached to Elizabeth as well as the story and I really hope that there's a sequel to this game.

THANK YOU BIOSHOCK INFINITE DEVELOPERS & VOICE ACTORS AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR MAKING AN AWESOME GAME!
  35. Fix
    Apr 21, 2013
    I was blown away by how this game pulled me in. I don't usually care about the story in video games, but this one really had me. The music in the game is awesome. I wonder how much they had to pay for all of those music rights. This is the best game I've played since Skyrim.
  36. Oct 17, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a lovely game. Art direction, graphics and sound are superb. Made me think of Singularity and Dishonored at times. A beautiful first person shooter, and a must-have.
  37. Apr 25, 2013
    Just finished. Amazing game. Kept me hooked beginning to end, did not want to do anything else. So many details that were cool and unique and found nowhere else. The story is incredible and this is the first game I've bought in a while that I actually felt deserved my money. One thing I will say is the fighting tended to get repetitive with the shoot this guy, search that garbage canJust finished. Amazing game. Kept me hooked beginning to end, did not want to do anything else. So many details that were cool and unique and found nowhere else. The story is incredible and this is the first game I've bought in a while that I actually felt deserved my money. One thing I will say is the fighting tended to get repetitive with the shoot this guy, search that garbage can for ammo, shoot that guy, search some corpses for a sandwich, etc. I've never seen so much money just strewn about and thrown away anywhere. If there had to be a flaw, it would be the search-system. Not sure how one would fix that, but it is what it is. Doesn't detract from the game though. LOVES me that hand cannon. Expand
  38. Jul 13, 2013
    Yes, sometimes you know a game will be good before you even play it. But you still have no idea just how good this game is. This game will touch you...
  39. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is a worthy successor to the fantastic original Bioshock. Not only does it have one of the best stories ever told in one of gaming's most incredible settings, it has some of the most original and fun gameplay as well. This is the greatest game to come out in the last few years and the greatest first person shooter since the original Bioshock. A must-play game.
  40. Nov 9, 2013
    I do agree with Bioshock: Infinite being somewhat overrated, but that doesn't stop me from loving this game.

After about a year, I am ready for my review on here. I will try to keep it shorter, for everybody's sake! Bioshock takes place in an insanely beautiful place. Columbia, the city in the clouds! As a PC gamer, the numerous visual options blew me away, and I had fun fiddling

Bioshock takes place in an insanely beautiful place. Columbia, the city in the clouds! As a PC gamer, the numerous visual options blew me away, and I had fun fiddling with them. When applied, the game's setting, powered by DirectX11/Uneal Engine, is ludicrously hypnotic in its beauty. I will often find myself walking around just to marvel at the detail and explore. Because, you do have free reign to explore plenty of times! With hidden items, secret areas, and meaningful collectables waiting to reward you for exploring. The story definitely takes you on a ride, with great gunplay, powers, and upgrades to help you along this game, which is awesomely similiar to a RPG without going too far into RPG territory. I admit, the game can be a bit annoying at times, especially the Handyman enemies, and some of them can soak up bullets like no tomorrow! The places where you fight said enemies tend to be a bit linear at times, but I always felt that because a game is linear doesn't mean it's bad. Bioshock: Infinite does manage to have side quests or hidden goodies to make exploration of these somewhat linear areas meaningful! I'll take that over something like Battlefield 3's campaign, which was linear but didn't have meaningful exploration!

Bioshock: Infinite is amazing, but it isn't perfect. It's truly above average, at least to me, and this is one epic story you will not want to miss!
  41. Nov 17, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is amazing, just utterly amazing. The first sky hook execution put a smile on my face from ear to ear after which I never stopped smiling through the entire game. With the sky hook comes the sky rail which turns you into a living roller coaster from which you can attack enemies on the move. It provides an amazing combination of fast-paced action along with the rush ofBioShock Infinite is amazing, just utterly amazing. The first sky hook execution put a smile on my face from ear to ear after which I never stopped smiling through the entire game. With the sky hook comes the sky rail which turns you into a living roller coaster from which you can attack enemies on the move. It provides an amazing combination of fast-paced action along with the rush of riding a roller coaster.

The story is incredible although it really has nothing to do with the original Rapture storyline so it doesn't necessarily fit the BioShock series. Although because it is such a great game which sticks to the original BioShock style game play, it is nice to know that the BioShock series was not tarnished. One can honestly say the BioShock trilogy is one of the best of all time.

Future games need to take notes on how to implement a sidekick. Any girl that gives me money is ok in my book and Elizabeth is a sweetheart to boot. She never gets in the way. She's never commanding or condescending. And she even helps you out by pointing out items like lock picks and voxophones. I actually developed a sense of trust in her. She was not only useful, but made me feel welcome in the process.

Easily the best game I've played this year.
  42. Apr 16, 2013
    The original was an incredible game and truly groundbreaking in the first person shooter market. The original created Rapture, Atlas, Jack, and Andrew Ryan and it spent hours upon hours of truly picking into their every crevice. This game never feels like it develops as deep as the original, but I think it may be because of the massive scope of theology, ideology, and Scientific theoryThe original was an incredible game and truly groundbreaking in the first person shooter market. The original created Rapture, Atlas, Jack, and Andrew Ryan and it spent hours upon hours of truly picking into their every crevice. This game never feels like it develops as deep as the original, but I think it may be because of the massive scope of theology, ideology, and Scientific theory that is is trying to delve into. If all you are looking for is a CoD or Battlefield clone, this is not that game. The shooting isn't its best feature, the skyline doesn't quite work that great on consoles, and it wasn't until late in the game that I felt like using Vigors. Although Bucking Bronco and Undertow are incredible fun to play with. I cannot remember another game I have ever played that asked such deep questions, or left me sitting in the chair just taking a deep breath and trying to understan the scale of everything I just saw. Sure, there are times that it became a little convoluted, and if you want you can claim you saw it coming. You didn't see all of it coming, but believe whatever you want. I have just never played a game that had such real world social commentary, and asked made you think so deeply. The spectacle that is the end can be seen based on how polarized it has left many of the reviews. I think the problem is that people are trying to say, they have already seen this kind of stuff in books, or expected it to have RPG elements or some random other aspects that were never meant to be in the game. Anyways, my point is while books and film have had the same elements, this is the first game I have ever seen to push the genre further and it was refreshing. I look forward to anything else Ken Levine can come up with as this was a truly amazing experience and I could not put it down from the second I picked it up. It did not do very much to make itself better than Bioshock 1, however Bioshock 1 was perfect, so I don't know how it could have.

I just have to add this, why exactly does this game have to give you free roam? Why should it be open world, why should it have open ended decisions that massively change the story? Why are you expecting this game to be exactly like other games? Also, if you are down voting this game based on graphics, please leave. If someone reviews games based on looking pretty, I doubt they understood this game anyways. Ken Levine wanted to make films, that is why he moved to California. So, this game was never really designed to be the best shooter on the market. It basically is there to tell a very deep and intense story and the best format for telling said story is through a first person medium.
  43. Mar 30, 2013
    Felt like I was playing an Disney Pixar movie at times. Plot is mind bending but seems legit. It was a huge improvement over first two Bioshocks. The world is fun and colorful as opposed to claustrophobic and dark.
  44. Apr 17, 2013
    Even if you stripped away the story, characters, art direction, voice acting, and music this would still be a good game. But with all those elements, this game is amazing. The art direction and detail in certain areas of the game is jaw dropping. There is much imagination at work in this game, both with gameplay and story. To say more about how good the story and characters are wouldEven if you stripped away the story, characters, art direction, voice acting, and music this would still be a good game. But with all those elements, this game is amazing. The art direction and detail in certain areas of the game is jaw dropping. There is much imagination at work in this game, both with gameplay and story. To say more about how good the story and characters are would venture into spoiler territory. This is a worthy sequel to the original Bioshock. Not only worthy, but better. Expand
  45. Mar 30, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a gaming treasure that I implore anyone to check out. Excellent storytelling matched with a unique feeling of belonging. The period of alternate 1920 also adds a unique spin on modern American politics.
  46. Mar 29, 2013
    Have not seen better game since original Bioshock of new era. This is a masterpiece no matter what anyone personal feeling of setup is. Game works as a game it keep you with the game world as game should, mechanics works pretty well, although, as an shooter it's a bit choppy time to time, but since you just wanna see more of it it doesn't even bother. The engine sense I think graphicsHave not seen better game since original Bioshock of new era. This is a masterpiece no matter what anyone personal feeling of setup is. Game works as a game it keep you with the game world as game should, mechanics works pretty well, although, as an shooter it's a bit choppy time to time, but since you just wanna see more of it it doesn't even bother. The engine sense I think graphics looks great they could of done better job at optimizing it as running pretty heavy setups and yet can't get ultra or even very high to work in playable fps tells me something could of been done better. I'll rate this 10 any day over stuff I have seen in past 2 years in gaming. Hell, having hard time to even compare this at old school shooters which were good as this one, but this sure will be one of golden pieces in gaming history remembered for whole year 2013. Expand
  47. Jan 10, 2014
    This is one hard game to judge and to review, because it has so much but at the same it has so little. But I want to be clear from the start: yes, it is a good game. Yes, it has a very good story. Yes, it is a better shooter than normal. No, it's definitely not a masterpiece that everyone assume: it has flaws and those flaws are huge that cannot be avoided, especially considering I LOVEDThis is one hard game to judge and to review, because it has so much but at the same it has so little. But I want to be clear from the start: yes, it is a good game. Yes, it has a very good story. Yes, it is a better shooter than normal. No, it's definitely not a masterpiece that everyone assume: it has flaws and those flaws are huge that cannot be avoided, especially considering I LOVED the original (especially System Shock), and I was expecting so much from this game, but when I heard of thecontent they had, but later removed, I just waited for a discount. Something that I didn't do for the original.

What's good in it:

1)The story is the best part of the game and despite confusing at first...it will be still confusing later on, until you end the game, and hardly any game nowadays is able to do hook you like this game, especially an fps game. I won't spoil the story, but it's interesting and very engaging. Is it flawless? No, but it's still good. And that's what counts.

2) The combat, while being a shooter, is actually pretty good although not very innovative, but if we have to compare to other "modern" fps game this is way higher on the scale: the vigors, while being not exceptional comparing to the original Bioshock, it still gives some variation on the fight and combined with your weapons (I'll talk about it) and also the sky-line fights, it gives some good combat now and then
    and it was ok and enjoyable. Only downside is that the fights are far too easy (I played on normal) so unless you want a challenge, you'll have to fight on highest difficulty, especially since your partner (Elizabeth) will provide support now and then. Not perfect, but definitely better than the average fps.

3) I finished the game in about 10 hours, doing the most I can and trying to gather most of the powerups I could get (the pots), so even on length it's pretty good too considering most of fps nowadays, if you're lucky, will last about 5 hour or so, even less if you like to rush on the game. Sure the game will last less than 10 hours if you rush but, once again, if we have to compare to other fps, it's pretty lengthy. On its own, it's good enough: not too long, not too short.

What's bad in it:

1)You can only carry 2 weapons at once and, unless you find the weapon somewhere, you'll be stuck with the two you've got; this alone will make most of the weapons useless, because you'll focus on just 2 weapons most of the time and only them for the rest of the game: a pity because not only the original you could carry all of the weapons, but each one was useful (even the wrench, with the right upgrade!).

2)You can use all of the vigors at once but it's so badly implemented (you hold Q to show the screen of vigors; in Bioshock it was bind to your F1 keys) that you will often forget them and just use two all time (since it's also very easy, it won't matter).

3) Passives are gone and are replaced with clothes that you have to find and once you use them, you can replace with another until you find another. General upgrades also are dumbed down, with potions upgrade for health, shield and salts, and money for the other upgrades (instead of a specific revenue, like the ADAM in Bioshock)

4)Too few exploration and lack of choices....and those few choices will lead you to nothing, since the game ends the same everytime. Also, the game is extremely linear despite the game will try to give "different paths", but the game will always force your way through one way only.

5)Vigors are extremely dumbed down and not all of them are very useful and not worth upgrading at all. And some powers aren't here, like Telekinesis... (I would have LOVED to throw them away!!!!)

There are probably other issues that I could mention, but all in all this game is very good and it was enjoyable to play through...but yes, this game, together with Portal 2 and maybe some CoD games, is one of the most overhyped games ever, because of the amount of things they have promised to deliver just scrapped later for giving us, in few words, a "linear shooter with story elements". I won't say it's bad because it's linear (I mentioned it had some exploration), but after Bioshock I expected sooooo much from this game and, to this day, I still consider that game a masterpiece (although that game is too easy too). But yes, I highly recommend this game to give it a try, ESPECIALLY if you find it on discount, because it has a good story (but hard to follow), one of the most reliable and interesting partners I've ever had (and more games should take inspiration from her!), and has an unnoriginal yet good fps mechanic that works, but really begged for more innovation (Ok, the original game was more clunky on using both of your powers....)

A tough score for me, but I think a 9(.5) is a very well deserved to this game.
    Very good, but very flawed as well.
  48. Sep 30, 2013
    Damn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything elseDamn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything else I've played this year in terms of story. Fusing a strong game mechanic and an intricate narrative, BI creates an absolutely vivid and realistic gamine experience. The idea of the city in the sky alone is worth praise. So we have an incredible environment that designed so beautifully and authentically. We have a story that has twists, clever and emotional dialogue, strong narrative and has excellent pacing from start to finish. The game engine is as good as it ever was from the original Bioshock games and plays even better here. The music score is brilliant as usual from franchise composer Schyman as well as the cover songs. The foley, environmental and sound FX are excellent. There are really no faults to be found here. Well... not completely. For whatever reason the Bioshock franchise has had issues with graphics for smaller items at close range. I played this at full settings on DX11+PhysX and the rounded items still look clunky. I'm not sure why this is but it's just a small, visual annoyance. There were also several invisible walls and ceilings here and there that were frustrating. At times there were sticky spots like invisible items on the ground that stopped me as well as some corners that stuck out. Lastly, the Vigor (Plasmid in previous Bioshock games) keys aren't as accessible as they should be. Instead of hotkeys for each Vigor there is a wheel to choose and then a separate key to execute. Since Vigors can be combined it's a bit of a nuisance to have to switch back and forth, especially in tense scenarios. Given all those drawbacks Bioshock Infinite is a milestone in gaming. There is no other game with such fun and excitement blended with an elaborate and wildly imaginative storyline. One last thing: The rails. The wonderful rails. So much fun zipping around in fire fights. I'll never forget how awesome it was! Expand
  49. Apr 28, 2013
    I just finished the game and felt the need to write a review immediately. This is easily one of the best FPS I've ever played. Absolutely beautiful setting, aesthetic, and music bring the world of Columbia to life and completely immerse the player into the game. While it appears some people would disagree, I found the story to be fantastic, particularly the ending. Elizabeth was great asI just finished the game and felt the need to write a review immediately. This is easily one of the best FPS I've ever played. Absolutely beautiful setting, aesthetic, and music bring the world of Columbia to life and completely immerse the player into the game. While it appears some people would disagree, I found the story to be fantastic, particularly the ending. Elizabeth was great as both a character and an NPC. I found her to be both realistic and helpful without ever being annoying... which is pretty rare for a companion NPC. The gameplay is pretty similar to the original Bioshock and is perfectly adequate when compared to other top-tier FPS games. I did find that certain vigor/equipment/gun combinations were completely overpowered though, so there could have been a bit more balance. I also wish that the textures were higher resolution and that the game put more emphasis on exploration, but that's just me nitpicking. Overall it was an amazing experience. Expand
  50. Apr 2, 2013
    i'm fan of Bioshock (2007) and was really excited about infinite.Now when iv played it i think its one of the best games of all time whit original bioshock and i feel sad for people who can't understand it greatness cuz when they will see or experience something that good (movie, music, painting, book, video game) they will miss some good feeling.
  51. Apr 16, 2013
    I'd put this game in the 90th percentile for storytelling, but the 99th percentile for world building/artistic design. Seriously, I'd be happy to sink a few hours into just wandering about and enjoying the design and music without any other stuff to do. The gameplay is... fine, with moments of fantastic fun courtesy of the sky-lines.
  52. Apr 2, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is one of those rare games that comes along with a story worth telling. More than that. This story is one that deserves telling, and the only way it can do that is for you to play it. No friend's retelling, or Wikipedia synopsis can ever come close to the experience the floating city of Columbia brings, and no YouTube video of the ending scenes can convey the emotionBioShock Infinite is one of those rare games that comes along with a story worth telling. More than that. This story is one that deserves telling, and the only way it can do that is for you to play it. No friend's retelling, or Wikipedia synopsis can ever come close to the experience the floating city of Columbia brings, and no YouTube video of the ending scenes can convey the emotion behind this brilliantly designed game. So please, would you kindly pick up this unforgettable piece of video game history? Expand
  53. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is one of the few I will call excellent, with tight game play, interesting characters and a story that was both interesting and poignant. It actually made me misty eyed at the end.

The only criticisms I can level are that it is possible to miss details of the story if you're not paying close attention but also that it does not fully resolve the ending. Maybe the designers intended to leave it ambiguous as to whether that.... bed.. is empty or full.
  54. Apr 3, 2013
    An amazing feat in story-telling. Bioshock Infinite will give you a mind blowing experience if you really give attention on it's story. I wanna give this game a 9.5, because the gameplay is a bit lackluster if you compare it to the story. The control is a bit weird for an FPS game, so a little bit of adaptation is required for playing. I died so many times because there's no radar here.
  55. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is amazing! The best Bioshok so far and the best FPS shooter of the year. The art style is awesome. Anna Maleva (Elizabeth) is so beutiful that I cant stop watching her in front of me. Its been awhile since my last enhoyment of the game's world. This game MUST be played on PC with graphics on MAX, otherwise it wont be that enjoyable. As for the plot.. maaan, most of scie-fieThis game is amazing! The best Bioshok so far and the best FPS shooter of the year. The art style is awesome. Anna Maleva (Elizabeth) is so beutiful that I cant stop watching her in front of me. Its been awhile since my last enhoyment of the game's world. This game MUST be played on PC with graphics on MAX, otherwise it wont be that enjoyable. As for the plot.. maaan, most of scie-fie movies lose to Bioshock in many fields. a MUST PLAY GAME OF THE YEAR! Expand
  56. Jul 13, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is, first and foremost, a great successor to Bioshock and Bioshock 2, and refines and polishes not just it's core gameplay mechanics but it's politics, narrative and characterisation, with most (if not all) of the difficulties of the previous games corrected. The first thing that strikes you when playing Infinite is the sheer quality of it's production, the level ofBioshock Infinite is, first and foremost, a great successor to Bioshock and Bioshock 2, and refines and polishes not just it's core gameplay mechanics but it's politics, narrative and characterisation, with most (if not all) of the difficulties of the previous games corrected. The first thing that strikes you when playing Infinite is the sheer quality of it's production, the level of detail put into it's graphics and audio is second-to-none. It's rare also to see a game so well-researched, and so sure if it's ideas and to stick to it's convictions so thoroughly, to trust it's audience with serious themes, in particular racism, in such a way that neither waters it down or trivialises it with melodrama. And then there are quantum mechanics applied in an intelligent, complex manner inevitably, these themes are not for everyone, but once again this is something Levine and co should be applauded for sticking with so consistently, to believe in the intelligence of their fans and not be put off at risk of alienating those more used to Call of Duty's cod-melodrama.

Perhaps the most striking component for me when playing Infinite is the character of Elizabeth. I haven't yet seen a game do an AI counterpart so effectively she is a consistent part throughout the game, a dynamic character with an authentic rapport with DeWitt that works seamlessly with the game's busy and less busy periods (though to be sure, this is a considerably more action packed game than Bioshock ever was). Some players have criticised the simplification of some mechanics such as lockpicking, which is now handled by Elizabeth (upon the player's request). This is a great deception by the game you are still initiating the action, you are still in control, but the game is using a character who responds believably to fulfill the action, whilst often using the opportunity for a quick dose of exposition. Other features, such as finding codes or keycards are essentially removed, and this is clearly for the benefit of the flow of the game this is pretty much entirely a journey taken with someone else, and to have a bunch of mini-games would distract from this relationship.

These elements have been attempted (and not badly done, necessarily) before, most notably in Half-Life 2 (and increasingly in it's following episodes), but this so far is the apex of the design principle of AI counterparts it feels right, it's consistent, it's never, ever in the way of combat. There is no friendly fire, Elizabeth doesn't fight your enemies, but rather assists with health, ammo and salts (essentially ammo for the tonics, the more general variant of Bioshock's plasmids). Combat is fast, furious, bloody and dynamic with the inclusion of rails that twist amusingly like interactive rollercoasters throughout the games larger exterior combat areas an interesting point to make too, in that Bioshock's claustrophobia is largely replaced with vertigo, and this is reflected in the combat appropriately.

To summarise, Bioshock Infinite is the apex of the action game with increasingly streamlined RPG elements, an interesting path considering the classic predecessor of System Shock 2, an altogether more complex, slower paced and more scary title. But what Infinite places instead of the slow creeping dread of System Shock 2 and Bioshock is a grander sense of horror, the horror of racism and revolution, with all of it's moral ambiguities intact. It is superb.
  57. Oct 27, 2013
    Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot.Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot. So, I'll just leave it as this: this game will not leave your psych for days after you have completed the game. Expand
  58. Apr 1, 2013
    the produers of bioshock are back with another great adventure for you to experience. the first minutes draw me in and it worked. graphics and story are interesting and on a high level. i think one of the best games lately!
  59. Mar 31, 2013
    Fantastic game; great story, very rich and developed world, good gameplay with significant improvements from Bioshock 1 and 2, and a mind blowing ending. In short nothing less than what I expected from a Bioshock game!
  60. Xon
    Jul 19, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite manages to carefully juggle amazing action, immersive atmosphere and great story-telling.

The gameplay is fluid during intense battles presented with beautiful and crisp graphics. Great care was taken to construct a riveting story that surprisingly dovetails with the first two installments.

It is definitely a game worth your time and thoroughly enjoyable.
  61. Apr 8, 2013
    This game combines innovative shooter technology and familiar Bioshock game play into a fantastic triple A story that was worth every dollar. Your life is one of regret until you give it a play through.
  62. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is absolutely stunning! It's graphics, gameplay and story are top notch. I have not played a better game for a very long time now. A must play for any gamer.
  63. Apr 20, 2013
    As someone who didn't really enjoy the first two games that much, I found Bioshock Infinite to be an incredible experience. It has some strong satire that I found to be shocking and refreshing. The campaign is fairly long, voice acting is excellent, production value is absolutely insane. The PC version runs and looks the best by far.
  64. Jul 16, 2013
    Story is amazing, the setting is just nice. Gameplay lacks of certain aspects. The difficulty is best to play at hard just getting a nice experience but still is little bit too easy. If going to play better from a story aspect than shooter.

POTENTIAL MINOR SPOILER:
    The ending is some kind of a paradox itself (if you know a lot of physics and science itself you get the idea)
  65. Mar 29, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game. Irrational are the best devs out there. I ran into not a single glitch in the 13 hours it took me to play through the game. The story is amazing. The gameplay is amazing. It's the best game of this generation.
  66. Jun 19, 2013
    Unos gráficos increíbles (que no realistas) ayudan a sumergirte en una trama aun mejor que disimula un juego bastante lineal en el que la ciudad de Columbia podría haber estado mucho mejor aprovechada. En combate el bueno de Booker se maneja con soltura eligiendo entre unos poderes que son casi calcos de los plásmidos que vimos en el primer juego y una gran variedad de armas.

La trama

La trama está narrada casi enteramente por cintas de voz que el jugador va encontrando a medida que explora los escenarios. Lo cierto es que es francamente intrincada y con un final muy confuso pero si has prestado atención a lo largo del juego podrás recomponer en su mayoría el rompecabezas.

GRAFICOS: 9,5
    SONIDO: 9
    JUABILIDAD:8
    DURACION:8
  67. Apr 1, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game. I highly recommend taking your time and finding all of the voxophones. Story is beautifully told. If you can play it on the PC then DO SO; it really brings out how beautiful the scenery is and the amount of detail they put in just make you just want to take screenshots and put it as a wallpaper.
  68. Mar 29, 2013
    Game of the year! Very interesting gameplay, nice level-design and great, memorable story. Very sad that most negative reviews here is about graphics. 10/10 must have!
  69. Jul 10, 2013
    You beauty!
    For those who say this game is overrated, i suppose you're either new to video gaming or you've had such an overdose of COD that you can't tell the difference between a 'game' and a "STUNNER".
    i am totally blown. i am a big movie-buff and have watched 100's of sci-fi movies to judge a sci-fi plot. If this were made into a movie,it would sure as hell break plenty of records.
    You beauty!
    i am totally blown.
    i am a big movie-buff and have watched 100's of sci-fi movies to judge a sci-fi plot. If this were made into a movie,it would sure as hell break plenty of records. The graphics,gameplay and other stuff are great but what what really steals the show is the plot and especially the ending of the game.
    Too bad if you haven't bought it yet coz its worth every penny. If you're not one of those who like to replay the game on higher difficulty settings after beating it once, this game might change you're mind.
    PS: it was the first bioshock that i bought.i haven't played any of the the previous titles on any platform.
    I have so much to say about this game but let's not spoil the surprise for you. Live it yourself.
  70. Mar 27, 2013
    Probably the most amazing game I have played in the past 10 years every review that has given the game more than 9.5 is true; it really is THAT good. This game is almost like movie in how it is presented story-wise. There is so much depth within it that makes you wonder about the character development like no other game. The characters are so rich and fleshed out that they are like theyProbably the most amazing game I have played in the past 10 years every review that has given the game more than 9.5 is true; it really is THAT good. This game is almost like movie in how it is presented story-wise. There is so much depth within it that makes you wonder about the character development like no other game. The characters are so rich and fleshed out that they are like they are living flesh in blood that you care about. The combat is super smooth and, might I say, much better than the first 2 in the series. There is also a ton of customization in how you want to upgrade your vigors and your strengths. All-in-all, this game definitely deserves a 10/10.

Great job Irrational; great job indeed.
  71. Aug 28, 2013
    Amazing game; honestly this is probably my favourite game of all time. It's not for everyone; the change in tone from Rapture may irk some, and the game-play isn't the best of all time. For me though, I play games for the art and story, both of which are phenomenal in this game. The design, art, story, and character development (among other elements) take the standard for video games to aAmazing game; honestly this is probably my favourite game of all time. It's not for everyone; the change in tone from Rapture may irk some, and the game-play isn't the best of all time. For me though, I play games for the art and story, both of which are phenomenal in this game. The design, art, story, and character development (among other elements) take the standard for video games to a whole new level, and it was also nice that Irrational bothered to give the PC version the option of turning the texture quality up to ridiculous levels (it really improves the overall experience, the game is gorgeous on higher settings). Ken Levine is one of the greatest story tellers of our age, not just in video games. 10/10, my only complaint being a lack of multi-player (which I think could have been fantastic with all the different mechanics in the game), but the single player experience was honestly so brilliant, that I can completely live without it. Expand
  72. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is a must, unless you're brainwashed player who claims that graphics>everything else. It's really hard to describe what I've felt after finishing this game. No words can describe it. Usually i'm very disappointed by modern game industry. But this game, is something else. You can feel this game. Buy it.
  73. Mar 27, 2013
    This is example of what real triple A video game should be. It was done perfect in all sides. Optimization is also awesome. This is Game Of The Year!!!
  74. Apr 18, 2013
    This is by far one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. There's little in this game that you can't enjoy. I spent the first 20-30 minutes of my time in Columbia just walking, literally walking, around and examinging my surrounding. Everything feels so alive, there are so many things going on around you and there are also several things the developers added to the game that youThis is by far one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. There's little in this game that you can't enjoy. I spent the first 20-30 minutes of my time in Columbia just walking, literally walking, around and examinging my surrounding. Everything feels so alive, there are so many things going on around you and there are also several things the developers added to the game that you may never see, that I might have not even seen. It's beautiful to know that it you've played through a game without seeing several things on the side that the developers didn't have to put in the game at all. Elizabeth makes the game far more enjoyable and you'll constantly be thanking your lucky stars she's there on the battlefield with you. By the time the game came to an end my mind had been blown. If you enjoyed the surprise twist to the origninal Bioshock game then you're in for a treat. The game ends in the most beautiful way and is easily one of the best game endings I've ever seen. If you're on the fence on whether or not you should buy this game do youself a huge favour and get it. I can't possibly reccomend this enough. Expand
  75. Apr 5, 2013
    Phenomenal story telling is at work in Bioshock Infinite. Yes, there are times where the twists and turns can be hard to keep up with but that's the point! It's complexity regarding physics and metaphysics is to be expected. Artistically, I can't say I've seen anything quite like it. The set pieces in the game are very, very well done and looks like painstaking detail went into making manyPhenomenal story telling is at work in Bioshock Infinite. Yes, there are times where the twists and turns can be hard to keep up with but that's the point! It's complexity regarding physics and metaphysics is to be expected. Artistically, I can't say I've seen anything quite like it. The set pieces in the game are very, very well done and looks like painstaking detail went into making many of them. Technically, I would not say bioshock is breaking as many boundaries. It is a standard shooter on some levels. However, with the sky-line, the vigors, etc it becomes more. Overall, you would be hard pressed to find a game like this at all. This game will live on in the pantheon of games with the likes of Half Life forever. Expand
  76. Mar 27, 2013
    Never have I thought that a game that has its core built around quantum physics and philosophy would be so perfectly crafted. No cut scenes, 100% immersion, perfect attention to detail, and a story that blew my mind more so than it's predecessor. This... is easily thee best game I've played. Sure, there's the golden oldies that I still love, but Bioshock Infinite has launched a new era ofNever have I thought that a game that has its core built around quantum physics and philosophy would be so perfectly crafted. No cut scenes, 100% immersion, perfect attention to detail, and a story that blew my mind more so than it's predecessor. This... is easily thee best game I've played. Sure, there's the golden oldies that I still love, but Bioshock Infinite has launched a new era of cinematic immersion games. Games that shape the way we ask questions, ponder life, and live in our imaginations. In an ironic twist, it almost makes me wish I never played it, because now I know that every game that's released with money-grabbing intention is just that... pure crap. Expand
  77. Apr 15, 2013
    I have this message to you low-scorers.

I have this message to you low-scorers.

You come to the FPS genre to be entertained in the FPS fashion. Funnily enough there's a certain limit on how many creative ways to kill someone and I think many of them would be way more overrated than this game. If you buy and play and FPS game and get turned off by the fact that you're actually just shooting people with weapons *gasp* I offer this suggestion on rethinking what actual genre and gamestyle you actually enjoy and perhaps refrain from purchasing these.

So you say it's a generic shooter? Well what isn't a generic shooter? Portal can have kudos for being the outlier here, but the overwhelming majority of FPS games have funnily enough been no more than just a play on shooting the guy before he shoots you. I'm not sure where the style title First Person Shooter misleads people here, you must have been going into this expecting guns and a plentiful serving of foes to spray bullets into, if not then again look for another genre. And on the flipside there's no shortage of games that have become memorable for all of us that put more effort into the atmosphere than the shooting gameplay.

Story is also a big thing brought up here. First of all if you actually take the time to explore and listen to the tapes things become far clearer. In these games you cannot just walk down the corridor, shoot this guy and the other and suddenly everything makes sense. You have to investigate and find things out for yourself. You are actively part of the story, you're not taking a backseat here watching someone else as you would reading a book or watching a movie. I might also agree that the story was a little convoluted at times but that doesn't mean the game is a complete fat 0. You were never meant to fully understand the movie Inception on just the first viewing and it doesn't deserve a low score just because of this or even if you hated the story altogether, you won't please everybody.

So please, save those 0 scores for games that truly deserve it, not a game that is innocently using the FPS style as a means of telling a unique story.
  78. Oct 15, 2013
    An immersive shooter, with loads of wonderful art, decent graphics and excellent voice acting, taking you through a neat, kinda cool story. There are some not-so-nice features, like the fact that it is hardly challenging except during horrible, unjustified boss fights. And except where you might forget to walk back all level to replenish your ammo before entering the evil tower of doom,An immersive shooter, with loads of wonderful art, decent graphics and excellent voice acting, taking you through a neat, kinda cool story. There are some not-so-nice features, like the fact that it is hardly challenging except during horrible, unjustified boss fights. And except where you might forget to walk back all level to replenish your ammo before entering the evil tower of doom, because there is suddenly no ammo around there. Odd, given that you would find ammo even in an ice-cream shop. Even so, you should be able to club everything to death.

Anyway, I got this for 20EUR and at this price, it is absolutely worth it. It is imaginative, fun, the pacing is great, and generally it's a thrilling, part funny, part melancholic rollercoaster to the end. My score reflects my enjoyment of this product at that price. Should you pay 40EUR (or, God forbid, even more), make it 6/10, as the whole game is quite short actually. 12 hrs and you would have done like everything possible.
  79. Dec 28, 2013
    There's something magic about this game no doubt about it. I applaud the developers for yet another awesome job for this third game in the series. I can really see the passion and the heart that went into this game. From the voice acting to the character animation to the art style and etc. I don't even know what to say. If you've played the past two games you know there's always some kindThere's something magic about this game no doubt about it. I applaud the developers for yet another awesome job for this third game in the series. I can really see the passion and the heart that went into this game. From the voice acting to the character animation to the art style and etc. I don't even know what to say. If you've played the past two games you know there's always some kind of twist in the story. I was expecting this, and predicting all sorts of things like: "this person will betray me," "I am a test subject in an experiment," but boy was I wrong in all of my speculations. The story still managed to blow me away and take me by surprise. Honestly, if this story were turned into a book I'd bet it would become a best selling novel (not that I read a lot of books but hey I know a great story when I hear one). Most people who dislike this game either didn't understand the story, or are just being hipster and hating on the "mainstream" and "overhyped" things. I did not even know this game was "hyped", and honestly, if you take time to listen to all of the dialogue and follow the progression carefully, and reflect on it at the end, you will understand the story just fine (and I checked an online source for clarification too, because the ending was just so incredible and fantastic). And make sure you watch after the credits, because that's the REAL ending of the story.

Graphics aren't the best in the industry but it more than does the job. If I could describe the environment and the visual aspects of this game in three words: euphoric, breathtaking, and artistic. I notice in these bioshock games, there's something signature about the atmosphere, or mood while you're playing the game. It is unlike any other. Is it the ominous violin music? The 1900s era furnishings? The way people talk? It's all very distinct to me, and it stands out from all the other games.

In this game you get a female companion, and wow, I have never ever seen a companion AI done so well. No matter where you are, she will interact with the environment and talk to you about things. Her body and facial animation is flawless. I never felt like this while playing a video game before, but I felt like I was talking to a living, breathing human being. She was the farthest thing to one of those companions you get in the fallout or oblivion series, where the guy just follows your every step and spits out lines over and over. This character clearly has a personality, and a likable one too, with a mind of her own. It was almost like this character was being played by another human, the way she led the way wherever I was heading, and the way she wandered and said quirky things. She also is very handy in combat, and most of the time she will throw you ammo, or other items just when you think you need it. This was one of the biggest reasons why I became so engaged into the game.

The reason I gave this game a 9 instead of a 10 is because I felt the ending was way too rushed. It was brilliant, but I felt that it needed to be slower paced. when the game was over I felt that my mind was raped with too much happening all at once. I had to sit down and think for a few minutes to process what had happened. But also, regretfully, I felt that the ending missed a great opportunity to give closure with great emotional depth like in the previous games. I'm not gonna spoil it for you, but the end of this game didn't make me tear up like in the last two games, and I love it when games can be that powerful. The ending of this game could have had the same emotional impact on me had it included more "drama," but it ends kind of just too abruptly without much emotion in my opinion. Sorry if that classifies as a spoiler for you but it's just what I thought.

Other than the ending which was a bit emotionally shallow for me, the rest of this game more than makes up for it, and I would definitely recommend it to literally anyone. You do not have to play bioshock 1 and 2 to understand this game.
  80. May 1, 2013
    I have never been interested in Bioshock series before. But Bioshock Infinite completely changed my point of wiev. This game is totally awesome. Firstly, I have never seen such a storyy in computer games. After end, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I had to play this game again. Secondly, Elizabeth replace Alyx V. as the most interesting NPC in games. Her emotions is so natural thatI have never been interested in Bioshock series before. But Bioshock Infinite completely changed my point of wiev. This game is totally awesome. Firstly, I have never seen such a storyy in computer games. After end, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I had to play this game again. Secondly, Elizabeth replace Alyx V. as the most interesting NPC in games. Her emotions is so natural that there is no way to dislike her. And these two things create propably the best game I've ever played! Now I'm getting familiar with previous parts of Bioshock. Expand
  81. Dec 23, 2013
    The best FPS out there at the moment, the story is the best I've ever seen in a shooter, I even think that is better than it's predecesor (Bioshock and the gameplay is great with the addition of the vigors (plasmids for Bioshock and Elizabeth, great character and partner that helps in combat summoning elements like cover, turrets or decoys, also the sky-rails are awesome, the gave theThe best FPS out there at the moment, the story is the best I've ever seen in a shooter, I even think that is better than it's predecesor (Bioshock and the gameplay is great with the addition of the vigors (plasmids for Bioshock and Elizabeth, great character and partner that helps in combat summoning elements like cover, turrets or decoys, also the sky-rails are awesome, the gave the game high speed action moments.
    the only problem I have with this game is that you are retricted to carry only 2 weapons unlike the previous games in wich you could carry all the weapons you found.
  82. Mar 28, 2013
    This is one of if not the most immersive game i have ever played. You will lose yourself in the brilliant gameplay and amazing mind-bending story that you feel like you are actually a part of it. It's an absolute masterpiece.
  83. Apr 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a promised and delivered game that all Bioshock fans have waited the extended dates for. Not only is the gameplay mechanics the best part about this game, the story will drive you to figure out what's going on and what to do. It turns into a simple task of search and rescue into the most mind-blowing chain of events a game has ever created. The soundtrack will make youBioshock Infinite is a promised and delivered game that all Bioshock fans have waited the extended dates for. Not only is the gameplay mechanics the best part about this game, the story will drive you to figure out what's going on and what to do. It turns into a simple task of search and rescue into the most mind-blowing chain of events a game has ever created. The soundtrack will make you feel at ease or tense your spine from the hardcore action. It changes from the walking around under the ocean to mid sky battles on the rails. I rather find it interesting what they have done with the game and was worth the hype and money. Not perfect since of some minor bugs in the game, but definitely better than a 7. Give this game a go, and see what the game has to offer. Its beautiful, brilliant, and a must have. Expand
  84. Sep 19, 2013
    this game is just a amazing masterpiece its such a good looking game without being demanding and just plain awesome this game is very fun and life like characters like Elizabeth just make this game the gameplay has not changed too much from the first Bioshock and that's a good thing the game is just perfect the music choice the graphics the story the gameplay the voice acting this is justthis game is just a amazing masterpiece its such a good looking game without being demanding and just plain awesome this game is very fun and life like characters like Elizabeth just make this game the gameplay has not changed too much from the first Bioshock and that's a good thing the game is just perfect the music choice the graphics the story the gameplay the voice acting this is just a masterpiece you see once or twice in a life time Expand
  85. Apr 1, 2013
    A game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deepA game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deep emotions inside of you. Thank you Irrational. Unforgettable. Expand
  86. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is awesome. Just finish it. My mind was blown away. I dont know what to say. That was... amazing.
    Damn this guys are good. 10 out of 10. For making an art out of shooter.
  87. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a gem. Very few games this generation succeeded in delivering the kind of atmosphere this game provides. Everything is so detailed and the surroundings are spectacular. Booker and Elizabeth have a great chemistry and there relationship grows as the game progresses. The game is about 10-12 hours on the first run but 1999 mode adds replay value. The skyhook gameplay isBioshock Infinite is a gem. Very few games this generation succeeded in delivering the kind of atmosphere this game provides. Everything is so detailed and the surroundings are spectacular. Booker and Elizabeth have a great chemistry and there relationship grows as the game progresses. The game is about 10-12 hours on the first run but 1999 mode adds replay value. The skyhook gameplay is enthralling and never gets old. It has a story and ending that people will not forget, some might not like it but unlike the Mass Effect 3 ending, this ending makes sense in the Bioshock universe and will explain important questions in the end. Do not let this game get past by you, this is an experience every gamer should try. If this is the direction games are going in terms of story and great atmosphere, thenI cannot wait for what Irrational Games has in store for us. Expand
  88. Jan 8, 2014
    There are so many things I can say about BioShock Infinite. It was the first game I ever beat. This game is also one of the greatest games I have ever played. The entire story is amazing with a great plot and one of the most shocking endings ever. Also the graphics are amazing. At some parts I thought I was watching a movie. But most of all the combat is amazing. Whether its versing killerThere are so many things I can say about BioShock Infinite. It was the first game I ever beat. This game is also one of the greatest games I have ever played. The entire story is amazing with a great plot and one of the most shocking endings ever. Also the graphics are amazing. At some parts I thought I was watching a movie. But most of all the combat is amazing. Whether its versing killer birds or robots the combats just great. Also the setting of Columbia is very cool. Maybe not as eerie as Rapture but still very cool and actually somewhat eerie. All in all this game is nearly perfect and I say if you're going to buy it go for it. Expand
  89. May 4, 2013
    One of gaming's biggest achievements.Bioshock Infinite is not only one of the best games of this generation but also has one of the best stories told in a gaming history.

Pros:
    One of the best stories of this generation.
    Great characters,The Elizabeth AI is a perfect.
    Perfect shooting mechanics.
    Great boss fights.
    Superb ending.

This game no cons,it is totally perfect.
  90. Apr 17, 2013
    I decided to write a review even though I didn't have to in the first place. Its just that some idiot by the username AdamC wrote a review so reviling I almost vomited. I don't know whether you're a troll or not but seriously YOU!!! How dare you compare a game like Infinite to a series as cliched and boring like Call of Duty (yep, he's a troll). Anyway, my review goes like this. TheI decided to write a review even though I didn't have to in the first place. Its just that some idiot by the username AdamC wrote a review so reviling I almost vomited. I don't know whether you're a troll or not but seriously YOU!!! How dare you compare a game like Infinite to a series as cliched and boring like Call of Duty (yep, he's a troll). Anyway, my review goes like this. The gameplay has its good and bad moments. My PC is able to handle the game at high resolution and effects but I still find a slight lag with my mouse. Also, you don't seem to be able to catch a break. It's really plenty of shooting and explosions and your shields going down and round it goes again. The enemies have every poor A.I, they keep rushing at you even though you are armed with a rocket launcher. The replacement for the plasmids in the first two games called Vigors in Infinite are awesome, my fav is the Murder of Crows. However, they can feel underwhelming in certain situations and you really need to figure out when is the best time to use which Vigor. I have seen people on Youtube playthroughs using the wrong Vigors at the wrong times, making the game difficult for them. Plotwise, it IS the best for a game in the past few years (since when games have A-grade plots anyway?). Booker DeWitt is a really cool character and Elizabeth is a godsend (throwing items your way) although she can get annoying at times. Simply, the story is the main reason you should play this game. A lot of people complained about certain parts of the game like the ending being unlikable or difficult to understand and yes, it is true. Took me two playthroughs to figure it out. But, it is a pleaser and the Sky-Lines in the game make the gunfights interesting although very frantic (damn Handymans). The game is also very violent, it IS a shooter after all but I didn't find it distracting. The racism and religion angle wasn't a problem either, I guess its just the moral and religious guardians overreacting again as usual. The game isn't perfect, no game is, but I give it a 10 based on the fact that it is probably the most unique game this year. Bioshock Infinite DOES fall flat in many areas and many of the elements the were promised in the early development of the game did not appear (I won't spoil it). Call yourself a real gamer then play it. Although I would advise you to wait for the price to drop a bit if you're unsure. Still, Bioshock Infinite is something different from the usual crap. Play it unless you want to be a delusional CoD fan like our friend at the beginning. Expand
  91. Mar 28, 2013
    A masterpiece of artistic accomplishment. Bioshock Infinite is the synergy of the greater aspects of video game story telling and exhilarating gameplay, and will be held up as the industry standard for years to come. Columbia is an enthralling and jaw droopingly beautiful city. The game is no technical marvel, but the world's masterful artistic flair demonstrates why art direction wins outA masterpiece of artistic accomplishment. Bioshock Infinite is the synergy of the greater aspects of video game story telling and exhilarating gameplay, and will be held up as the industry standard for years to come. Columbia is an enthralling and jaw droopingly beautiful city. The game is no technical marvel, but the world's masterful artistic flair demonstrates why art direction wins out over photorealism any day. The plot's twist isn't as immediately shocking as the first game's for reasons I will not disclose, but it is an absolutely fantastic ending that perfectly ties the world's numerous mysteries into a big bow. Be warned, it is incredibly confusing, and even many professional reviewers have resorted to saying that it "makes no sense", but that is simply not true. The game will stay with you far longer than any other game you will play this decade. You will grow to love and care about Elizabeth and this fantastical world she exists in. Bioshock Infinite is a game that should be played by anybody who considers themself a fan of video games. When the medium has matured to the level of literature and film, this game will be pointed to as the beginning of the art form's rise to greatness. Expand
  92. Mar 27, 2013
    I loved the first Bioshock. The second was somewhat meh, and so I was very sceptical, yet very excited about this one.
    And boy was I in for a treat. If you loved the story of the first one, and the setting of the previous games, you will be too!
    The combat is fun and challenging, even at lower difficulties. Sometimes it can be a bit chaotic and killbox-y, but it gets the adrenaline running, which I truly enjoyed.

The story is an absolute masterpiece. The characters are believable, and it's hard not to feel sympathetic with both the protagonist and Elizabeth.
    I loved how the story just slowly ramps up in the beginning, time ticking along, and then as you get further into the game, and deeper into the story, it just picks up pace, until in the end it all just comes together and crashes down on you.

The ending left me shedding a tear, and I would be surprised if I were the only one!
    I can't help but wonder if choices during the game might have made for a different outcome...?
    I suppose only another play-through will tell!
  93. Mar 29, 2014
    Despite the fact that the 2 first Bioshock games were pretty good, they both pale in comparison to this one. The story is much deeper and one of the best ones I've seen in a while and the gameplay is also more interesting and fun with the new ability to open tears and some new powers that are even more awesome than the ones in previous games.

If anyone out there has played the first to

If anyone out there has played the first to games, but still played this one yet, then they definitely should.
  94. Mar 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a triumph for PC gaming. It has great graphics, a highly immersive storyline, an intricate and beautifully designed world, and smooth flowing gameplay. The combat system works really well and leaves me with a smile on my face. I am so pleased with this game, it's a joy to play!

Your main companion (Elizabeth) has been designed extremely well. She's helpful and intelligent and I never once got that feeling of "get out the way, NPC!". She works with you, movement is well programmed and it makes me feel she's really helping rather than hindering.

The PC implementation is to a high standard. Unreal Engine is looking better than I've seen it before. This is helped by high resolution textures which look absolutely gorgeous. I give out-the-box multi-monitor widescreen support an A+ rating.

Congratulations to Irrational Games for this masterpiece. Highly Recommended!
  95. May 24, 2014
    This game is awesome.
    Columbia is so colorful,charming.(I loved the railsliding part the most.)
    The story is great,and i enjoyed the combat as I rarely play FPS games.
    I think the graphics were good,even on very low setting it gave me a feeling.(not counting the cut animations)
  96. Jul 31, 2013
    Fantastic, beautiful game that is worthy of being analyzed like a good novel with its criticism of treating capitalism like a religion. Crazy awesome ending too. Elizabeth is one of the greatest companions I have ever had in a video game, and your connection with her gets to be very strong as the game progresses (if you're into it). I just absolutely loved it.

Comments on critiques of

Comments on critiques of the game as being racist: This game is just as racist as Huck Finn, in that, A) racism in 1912 wasn't as big of an issue and B) the setting takes place in a corrupted society, which means their hatred of non-whites is only as valid as Pa's in Mark Twain's novel. The game is only racist if you look at the surface of what the developers are saying. Wonderful game. Game of the year in my opinion.
  97. JEK
    May 22, 2013
    I like this game. But I've finished the game in just 2 days. It was a good game but it seems like I'm playing dishonored. But IF you compare them, BI has great graphics and lots of useful power to choose from. In Dishonored I love the sneaking and assassin kind of killing. The story of BI is really good unlike of the previous one that's boring. I love the ending...
  98. Apr 3, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played.. Amazing Story great graphics and beautiful characters... The intro of the game is one of the best intros I have ever seen and the moment you see Columbia for the first time you just can't resist staring at it... The characters are all amazing espesially Booker DeWitt with his dark past revealing itself throughout the game.. The graphics areOne of the best games I've ever played.. Amazing Story great graphics and beautiful characters... The intro of the game is one of the best intros I have ever seen and the moment you see Columbia for the first time you just can't resist staring at it... The characters are all amazing espesially Booker DeWitt with his dark past revealing itself throughout the game.. The graphics are absolutely beautiful with bright colours and amazing facial expressions... Finally something new to the FPS gender.. Expand
  99. May 11, 2014
    This is the first game of the series I have played, and afterwards I feel ashamed I have not played any of them before.
    The game is purely beautiful; the amount of little snippets put into each scene and every little detail is absolutely superb, being supported by its incredible graphics that really show off the creativity of the developers. Not one location seemed insignificant – each had its own unique atmosphere – which could not have been improved upon.
    The story is one of the most complex stories I have ever experienced in a game – probably not helping that I had not played either of the previous games – but the sheer scale of the story is its strongest point. There are so many twists and turns throughout the game, all of which still link together and make sense, which often makes you become awe-dropped. A story so complex as this certainly lets me know that the developers truly loved creating it, as its depth and delivery holds up persistently in the game. However, it is a difficult story to figure out – I had to do some external research after completing the game in order to understand it fully – but it is a puzzle I enjoyed learning about.
    Its gameplay becomes marginally repetitive, but with the customization through gear, infusions, vigors and the broad range of weaponry, it holds up very well to ensure players use different tactics for each encounter. Additionally, the animations occasionally clash with the surroundings, but thankfully that is only a rare fault.
    Concluding, ‘Bioshock Infinite’ is a masterpiece of fantasy, a game that truly delivers in story and graphics, making the game an infinite classic.
  100. Apr 3, 2013
    People should support this game to encourage video game developers to make more games like this. It's a true work of art, an touching story about regret, faith and redemption. It perfectly combines striking storytelling, amazing gameplay and a deep story. Furthermore, they made Elizabeth one of my favorite female game characters:) Keep on the good work, Irrational Games!

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]