BioShock Infinite PC

8.5

1. Mar 27, 2013
    Loved the combat and thought it was perfect for a bioshock game and much more evolved than in the previous renditions. The music was sparse as usual but the score was great and matched the environment well. The environment was designed beautifully and levels were made in such a way I only got ahead of myself and had to backtrack once. The story is where I'd have to ding it. It's great andLoved the combat and thought it was perfect for a bioshock game and much more evolved than in the previous renditions. The music was sparse as usual but the score was great and matched the environment well. The environment was designed beautifully and levels were made in such a way I only got ahead of myself and had to backtrack once. The story is where I'd have to ding it. It's great and comes together well,l but it didn't feel very bioshocky to me with less philosophical debating and more standing back and contemplating. The only major step back for the game was lack of more than a few morality options. Other than that, great game that I expect to be a GOTY contender. Expand
  2. Mar 27, 2013
    Breathtaking jaw dropping masterpiece. I don't have anything bad to say about this game. Anything good I could say about this game wouldn't do it justice, you just have to play it and get lost in Columbia like I did. Have fun and please stay away from any spoilers if your on the fence about getting this game it will take away so much.
  3. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This does contain spoilers folks. I got the game at it's midnight release, and the ONLY REASON it has a 9 in place of the 10 was the campaign took all of about 10-11 hours (that was with me milling through everything) and once you're done, you're done. (Unless you're up for the more difficult 1999 mode) So let's get into the game, from the moment you land in the church, the music was (In my opinion) mastered to the place. You get that feeling of a child when he's first taken to an amusement park, my eyes were lit up when you step out of the church doors and that wonderful view of Colombia in the skyline. Going through the game, shooting was great, considering this IS NOT A FULL BLOWN SHOOTER, you cannot expect it to be like one and still have all the other mechanics. My favorite thing? The connection with Elizabeth, (I was personally hoping they'd fall in love, BAD IDEA considering the end) but the connection they have established was phenomenal, definitely one that is seldom experienced. When you go to rescue her a second time, you only want to inflict as much pain as possible once you see the first chair and hear her screaming, the blood on the floor and all the tools to leave to your imagination what was happening to her, and when you do save her, and you pull that giant needle out of her spine, I personally was tearing up a bit. Overall, easily the best game I've ever played. Story has great twists, and I have concluded that hell hath no fury like an un-siphoned Elizabeth. Semper Fidelis everyone! Expand
  4. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is a perfection in just about every department. The story inspires a variety of emotions, it is complex and controversial but avoids many mistakes that others before have done in this genre. The graphics and artwork create an amazing atmosphere to make you feel like a part of the world and the changes in the story are perfectly reflected in the environment. The gameplay isThis game is a perfection in just about every department. The story inspires a variety of emotions, it is complex and controversial but avoids many mistakes that others before have done in this genre. The graphics and artwork create an amazing atmosphere to make you feel like a part of the world and the changes in the story are perfectly reflected in the environment. The gameplay is nothing special, but it is functional and very balanced. All powers and weapons have their strengths and weaknesses, making you actually have to plan what to use rather than zerg everything. All around this is one of the best games of all time and will probably remain at the top for a long time. Expand
  5. Mar 27, 2013
    If you are going to do a single player game, it becomes about the story and the experience. While it dragged in the middle a little, over all this game has a fantastic narrative. Normally I like to take my time with games and explore all the corners. This game had me skipping over corners in a rush follow the story, but when you did stop to look the whole world is flushed out completely.If you are going to do a single player game, it becomes about the story and the experience. While it dragged in the middle a little, over all this game has a fantastic narrative. Normally I like to take my time with games and explore all the corners. This game had me skipping over corners in a rush follow the story, but when you did stop to look the whole world is flushed out completely. If the combat and the mechanics were crap (which they are not) the story would still command a 9 out of 10. Lately with some games it seems like you have to make allowances for play styles or over the top graphics, and while they are fun in their own way they don't reward the player. Playing this game is a reward, it is fun and exciting and interesting. Irrational Games has done something wonderful here. If you like good stories, and enjoy single player experiences, then you owe it to yourself to play this Bioshock. Part of me is sad because now the bar is set really high for the next game, but I can't wait to see what they manage to do. Expand
  6. Mar 27, 2013
    The quality of this game is almost unparalleled. Graphics that amaze, a winding story that keeps you on the edge of your seat with deep characters that are believable. A game that will be looked back on as one of gaming's greatest achievements 15 years from now. Great job Irrational Games!
  7. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is worthy of a perfect review. It has so much attention to detail as well as great gameplay. Easily the best game of the year, possibly the decade.
  8. Mar 28, 2013
    Sometimes there was too much pointless shooting. But in my opinion that is the only disadvantage. Plot is quite beautiful and interesting. Makes the game worth playing. It is noticable that this game is not another sequel made for money. Creators of BioShock gave their best to put into this world as many details as it was possible like in first game. Player can truly enjoy walking throughSometimes there was too much pointless shooting. But in my opinion that is the only disadvantage. Plot is quite beautiful and interesting. Makes the game worth playing. It is noticable that this game is not another sequel made for money. Creators of BioShock gave their best to put into this world as many details as it was possible like in first game. Player can truly enjoy walking through game and trying to reach each bonus item (like diaries). The most important thing in new BioShock is a climate that you can feel while playing when you walk through city streets, protect Elizabeth, etc. It is also thing that most of modern games lacks of. That's the best reason to play BS: Infinite. Especially if you loved for those reasons Bioshock 1. Expand
  9. Apr 14, 2013
    Bioshock infinite brings me back to a feeling I had when j first stepped out in Hyrule in Zelda: The Ocarina of Time: amazement. As soon as you start your journey through Columbia, you feel the need to know everything. The questions your character asks are the same ones you the player ask. The world is so rich and vibrant and alive throughout the whole game that you have to play again andBioshock infinite brings me back to a feeling I had when j first stepped out in Hyrule in Zelda: The Ocarina of Time: amazement. As soon as you start your journey through Columbia, you feel the need to know everything. The questions your character asks are the same ones you the player ask. The world is so rich and vibrant and alive throughout the whole game that you have to play again and again. Story is what pulls you into this world, but its the gameplay that keeps you. As being a call of duty player that it took me a while to remember USE YOUR VIGORS, but once I got the hang of it the combat was the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. Having Elizabeth is like having Aeris back in FFVII. She quickly becomes a partner that you just don't wanna play without. The vigor and weapon upgrades add lots to the game and at definitely needed in later battles. Yes the story is a bit convoluted, but most space/time stories are. The end battle is epic and fun, and the ending to the story was more than satisfying. Great game that has pulled me back in and made me remember why i love playing them still Expand
  10. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite brought back the feeling of wonders when you first enter Rapture in Bioshock 1, Columbia is a city that's both beautiful and surreal, the every changing city blocks constantly remind you that you are walking in a city that's 2000 feet above the ground. This is the first Bioshock game where you have a companion, Elizabeth, and she is one of the best AI companion I haveBioshock Infinite brought back the feeling of wonders when you first enter Rapture in Bioshock 1, Columbia is a city that's both beautiful and surreal, the every changing city blocks constantly remind you that you are walking in a city that's 2000 feet above the ground. This is the first Bioshock game where you have a companion, Elizabeth, and she is one of the best AI companion I have seen in recent years. She rarely gets in your way and often points out interesting things that you might have missed and provides supplies in combat, it really makes you miss her when she is not around.

However when it comes down to the game-play and the story-line, Infinite have its flaws. The gun play is mediocre, and the weapons are less interesting than those in the past Bioshock games. The super powers (Vigor) are also a step back from previous titles, many Vigors are essentially novelty and not actually useful in combat (especially on hard or higher difficulties). The gene bank have been replaced by gears, the gears center around enhancing sky-line combat, melee or health/ammo replenish, but not many of them synergize well together to support a completely different play-style like in Bioshock 2.

The setting of the game is good, but I am not really a fan of the story line because the direction it took. While this may be a little bias because I was disappointed that the twist is just as I imaged and I spent the better half of the game hoping I would be wrong. The twist towards the end feels like a cop-out, and I felt the game missed its big opportunity of not **possible spoiler**giving the player a choice, like the one Elizabeth hinted you may have to make right before riding the elevator to Comstock.

Overall this is a good game that's definitely worth playing, it is regrettable that its story and atmosphere still cannot match that of Bioshock 1 and the combat aren't as interesting as Bioshock 2.
  11. Mar 28, 2013
    I love how the first thing people that rating this game poorly due is make a jab at the graphics.
    I think they are forgetting this game had to play on consoles that are by today's standards very dated, to keep such a large scale working on a console, said consoles that only have half a gig of ram, they needed to keep the graphics very close to the quality of the first Bioshock. It's easy to tell that these people are comparing it's graphics to games like, CoD or other FPS games where players are stuck on a map that is very small, and easier to run with higher graphics.

That being said the artistic direction of the game was extremely beautiful, and the story was amazing, this game gets a perfect score from me because it is not often that I finish a game and instantly want to play it again.

This game will make you stop and think about everything being said by every character, the story carries in a way that makes you question every single word being said to you, you look for patterns and keywords, anything for some kind of hint at the bigger picture and that is a level of immersion that is lost in stories for most games.

People say the world was stupid and they hated the main character, well clearly this game wasn't for you, with a world like never before seen, and a main character that is designed to be just as confused and lost as the player is story wise, it makes you relate to him even more.

He goes from wanting to repay his gambling debt, to simply wanting to get Elisabeth out of this nightmarish world, the game leads you along in such a way where all you want to do is keep playing to figure out who the hell you really are.

I also hear the main complaint people that loved the game have is the middle felt padded, and I disagree there too, until the game actually ended, I had no idea how close it even was to being done, and time I was turned around in a direction away from what seemed like the main plot, you find yourself learning more about the worlds messed up past.

I guess my only complaint is I found that outside of combat sometimes Elisabeth more or less vanished on me, but this was only a few rare cases.
    I would have loved to see more interaction between the two in a game play sense.
  12. Mar 28, 2013
    Nowadays, games are constantly churned out with thrown together stories, programming, and pointless DLC. Bioshock Infinite defies all of those characteristics. The game immerses you into the story-line so quickly and with such force, it takes your breath away. All I could imagine was the quality games of my childhood, where the passion of the developers was in plain view for the world toNowadays, games are constantly churned out with thrown together stories, programming, and pointless DLC. Bioshock Infinite defies all of those characteristics. The game immerses you into the story-line so quickly and with such force, it takes your breath away. All I could imagine was the quality games of my childhood, where the passion of the developers was in plain view for the world to witness.I was distracted by the attention to detail the game provided, and would catch myself listening to a barber shop quartet instead of following the task at hand. The graphics in this game are impeccable, especially because I was playing it on PC in the highest detail. It may not be Crysis 3, but it is exceptionally good for being such a story driven game. While strolling through the streets of Columbia, I felt as though I was in Disney World making my way down Main Street USA. It is beyond fascinating how this game is able to include history into its story. If you do pick up this game, take your time with it. There is no reason to run through game just to say you beat it, because that destroys what the game was for. Exploration and becoming involved in the story is what games are for, not going for achievements or kill streaks, and this game capitalizes on that through its tremendous story-telling ability. Expand
  13. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of the best games I have purchased this year. From the start until the end of the credits, you will be amazed by every single detail and efforts the developers have put into this game.
    From the ground to the sky-line combat, it just jolts you with joy. The controls are fluent making gameplay an ease, the AI's do a good job at interacting with almost everything in sight and the story has its charm that would grip you for hours on end. I definitely have replay value with Bioshock Infinite.
  14. Apr 10, 2013
    Wow.

I finished playing this game last night and I am completely perplexed with the ending and how great the game was. I am somebody who has never played the past Bioshock games, and after seeing so many people hyped for this game, I thought I might as well give it a go. Playing the game of PC if you can is by far the best choice. This is one of the best visual games I have seen in a
    Wow.

Playing the game of PC if you can is by far the best choice. This is one of the best visual games I have seen in a long time since Battlefield 3, and the textures and lighting effects on Ultra settings are beyond incredible. The whole setting of the game is magnificent, and I have yet to play any other game based in the beauty of the sky. The story itself was the best part (quite obviously) and the characters are gripping throughout. Elizabeth (the girl you are retrieving throughout the entire game) becomes someone you actually care about and want to help, and not just a dull AI character like many other games present. The combat system is great too, very comparable to Dishonored which I played a few days previously, and very easy to pick up for any noob.

By far the best aspect of the game is the storyline towards the end. Obviously I won't give away any spoilers, but just be warned that you will go through some major plot twists and the ending with leave you speechless. I actually had to read up on the internet afterwards just to fully understand what I had just seen!

The only negative aspect of the game is the length of the middle section of the story. This was also mentioned in IGN's review too, where the middle section of the game is very 'stretched' and seems to take way too long to complete. It's only towards the end where truth is revealed that the game gets really exhilarating. Lastly, the frame rate was also an issue with this game. 80% of the time I had perfect 60+ fps, but in a lot of locations for some reason the frame rate fell to 30, despite the area of the map being a small room which doesn't require a whole lot of processing. Many people also experienced this, and I believe they are working on a patch for it very soon.

Overall a must-play game. If you are reading this and haven't played it... PLEASE just buy it, you will not regret it at all.
  15. Mar 28, 2013
    The game was amazing. The story was engaging, the gunplay was smooth, and the graphics were stunning. Very rarely does a game make me pause to examine the scenery, but the last half hour of this game stopped me dead in my tracks with wonder. I highly recommend you purchase this game. My only critique is that it was on the shorter side (it took me about 11 hours to beat), but each of thoseThe game was amazing. The story was engaging, the gunplay was smooth, and the graphics were stunning. Very rarely does a game make me pause to examine the scenery, but the last half hour of this game stopped me dead in my tracks with wonder. I highly recommend you purchase this game. My only critique is that it was on the shorter side (it took me about 11 hours to beat), but each of those eleven hours was expertly crafted. Expand
  16. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is superb. While far from perfect NPCs are repetitious, some textures are a bit blurry, the game is very linear, and a few other minor things it is a masterpiece in creating it's environment. The level design is the best I have seen in a LONG, LONG time. The maps are well put together and you have fun just running around and exploring the locations. I spent a lot of time justThis game is superb. While far from perfect NPCs are repetitious, some textures are a bit blurry, the game is very linear, and a few other minor things it is a masterpiece in creating it's environment. The level design is the best I have seen in a LONG, LONG time. The maps are well put together and you have fun just running around and exploring the locations. I spent a lot of time just running around looking for barrels and coin for the sheer pleasure of it more than that of a chore like other games. Looking for the next voxaphone or the kinetiscope to see how it all came together the background was very fun for me. The art style is pleasing and the artists did a fantastic job at capturing and maintaining it's aesthetic. The NPC wardrobes while repetitious in some instances give the game that period feeling it's trying to create. The colours, while brighter than the original and it's sequel, give the game a cheerful feeling at the beginning and it gets darker as the story progresses at a balanced pace. It's not Crysis 3 but then again it never claimed, nor should it ever strive, to be. They nailed artistic coherence and atmosphere all around simply beautiful!

The combat is straightforward and limited. There is no real weapon variety aside from the skyline hook which is unique *as a weapon* as it is mostly a couple of weapons 5 or 6 if I'm not mistaken divided in 2 categories 2 pistols, 2 automatic rifles, etc. and only 8 vigors magic That said, it really doesn't matter because the combat is fast paced and fun at least in hard and 1999 difficulty, which were the only ones I played I never felt the combat lacking or boring at any time and you can upgrade your favorite flavor of weapon to make it more powerful, hold more ammo and so on. Vigors can be ugraded as well and I found myself upgrading a couple on my first playthrough then picking others for variety. So while it is limited in a sense, it never feels dull or lacking because of it.

The story is fantastic. I could see past the storyline in a handful of moments but it is well written and progresses well with the art style as the game goes deeper into it the art style gets progressively grittier and darker although never as dark or as gritty as the first 2 games, mind you. I was constantly looking for story items voxaphones and kinetiscopes just to see how it all tied together, I thought it was fantastic!

I could have given the game the 8 or 9 it deserves but I'm instead giving it a 10 to counteract the number of reviews I saw from people that blatantly did not play the game, because it deserves it. It is a fantastic game in a sea of utter crap that has been releasing for the past 4-5 years and I cannot recommend it enough.
  17. Mar 29, 2013
    This game... oh man, this game. It's a weird one: not making any sense, and then plunging you into the action, and the player just waddles along. But, then the mystery begins, and that's where this game shines, along with the fabulous (highest quality) graphics..... that my PC cannot handle (yet).... as for the combat... it's really a nice, fast paced and furious appetizer for the crazyThis game... oh man, this game. It's a weird one: not making any sense, and then plunging you into the action, and the player just waddles along. But, then the mystery begins, and that's where this game shines, along with the fabulous (highest quality) graphics..... that my PC cannot handle (yet).... as for the combat... it's really a nice, fast paced and furious appetizer for the crazy plot of this story (which will keep you guessing until the end). I got this game through steam pre-order, and I can say with all my heart that this was worth it, even if it only took 10 hours to complete the main game and half the achievements (as for the rest of them *sigh*).
    Overall, a very good game, without any major bugs or glitches (that aren't story breaking: the ones I found were hilarious!), that is deserving of good praise, but not the 10/10's I'm seeing everywhere. Good job, 2K, keep up the amazing work!
  18. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is just perfect. Awesome plot, brilliant fighting system (improved, comparing to Bioshock 1 and 2) and ELIZABETH. Won't say anything else just go and buy this game. It's delicious
  19. Mar 29, 2013
    This has to be one of the best games of this year, maybe even this decade. It brings together so many aspects of gameplay and plot and blends them together into a perfect mix full of thrills, shocks, scares and overall enjoyment. This instalment in the series sees a new character (Booker DeWitt) arriving at the flying city of Columbia to rescue a girl (Elizabeth) who has the powers to openThis has to be one of the best games of this year, maybe even this decade. It brings together so many aspects of gameplay and plot and blends them together into a perfect mix full of thrills, shocks, scares and overall enjoyment. This instalment in the series sees a new character (Booker DeWitt) arriving at the flying city of Columbia to rescue a girl (Elizabeth) who has the powers to open ‘tears’ in space and time. In addition to this amazing setting, Booker is helped with a variety of guns and special powers know as ‘Vigors’, whilst traversing zip line like ‘Skylines’ that bring new heights to battle. You don’t have to be a Bioshock fan to enjoy this game, its a new start that uses old aspects from the previous games, but also brings a whole new set of cards to the table. This game feels like a benchmark in gaming, everything about the game shines with perfection. Overall defiantly a 10/10, Read on for my look at what I feel is most important about gaming and how this game stacks up. Plot Many people are probably thinking that as this game is the third in the series, you would need to play the previous two games to know what is going on. That is not the case. Infinite is a completely new standalone game that brings a much needed revamp to the series overall. While playing the previous two games would give you an understanding of how to play the game, the story is brand new. The story takes place in the mysterious flying city of Columbia, a Utopian vision of 1912 America. The player assumes the role of Booker DeWitt, a mercenary who has been hired to rescue a super powered girl (Elizabeth) from the city in order to wipe away his debt. Throughout the game, you find out more and more about the city around you, these clues are left like breadcrumbs for the player to pick up upon and work out for themselves, something most games don’t do. Overall the story is a masterpiece that beats any campaign in any other game. By far 11/10. Gameplay This game plays just like the previous Bioshock games. Plasmids are now revamped into 'Vigors' that require 'Salt' to work instead of Eve, these can be used exactly the same as the first two games, except there is now a trap mode on each. The weapons have been upgraded and feel much more solid and mechanical, there is also a much wider range of weapons overall. Booker has a ferocious ‘Sky-Hook’ that can be used for melee attacks that will snap necks and behead opponents. There are however a few additions that many gamers will be familiar with. This game introduces features like an overshield, sprint and sights on most guns. All of these additions feel at home on this game, so no complaints there. 10/10. Setting The game takes place in an American Utopia that is flying in the sky. Everywhere you look is another gorgeous set piece that draws your eye. The city feels so alive, something that previous Bioshock’s have not had. Each character brings a new interaction or a new persona that makes them all unique. The city is buzzing with activity, it truly feels like a work of art that could actually happen. 10/10.

Characters This game is the first Bioshock to actually have characters that you can see and interact with. Booker has his own personality that clashes with Comstock (He’s the bad guy) and sees the kindness in Elizabeth’s heart. Liz’s AI is remarkable, she is completely unscripted and will do whatever she wants, whilst staying close to Booker and helping out as much as she can. She will open tears to bring through new objects into battle or scavenge for loot that could save your life. 10/10.
  20. Mar 29, 2013
    I was waiting for this game from the moment when I first saw the trailer. I couldn't wait to install and play. The game didn't let me down. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is awesome. I never believed I'd care so much about a character in a game (Elizabeth). The whole time I was frightened she would run away or be taken away. The ending made me get goosebumps all over my body and I startedI was waiting for this game from the moment when I first saw the trailer. I couldn't wait to install and play. The game didn't let me down. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is awesome. I never believed I'd care so much about a character in a game (Elizabeth). The whole time I was frightened she would run away or be taken away. The ending made me get goosebumps all over my body and I started crying. This is the first game that made me cry. If this game doesn't deserve 10/10 then I don't know what does.

The only thing I still don't like about BSI is FOV. Even maxed out still seems too low. Maybe that's just because I am used to Quake 3 with 120 FOV. Should be good enough for casuals.
  21. Mar 29, 2013
    I want to start with the stunning atmosphere. When you start the game, you can feel it because there are awesome music waiting for you. And, of course, the graphics. There is something special about their design but i don't know what it is. All i can say is that the world seems absolutely wonderful. While you progress, slowly you are learning the story. It's one of the best in history ofI want to start with the stunning atmosphere. When you start the game, you can feel it because there are awesome music waiting for you. And, of course, the graphics. There is something special about their design but i don't know what it is. All i can say is that the world seems absolutely wonderful. While you progress, slowly you are learning the story. It's one of the best in history of games. Moreover, the setting is so perfect even though it can stuns you in the ending. Ahh.. I was forgetting the gameplay. It is the best part of this game. All of these things that i' ve talked about with a nice gameplay. So, i think, this is more than a game. This is art. Expand
  22. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nearly everything about this game was brilliant. The characters, the settings, the story and the gameplay were all done to near perfection. The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was how ending/twist was executed. Although the twist was a brilliant mind blow, it seemed a bit hokey in the manner in which it was executed. Expand
  23. Mar 29, 2013
    Every once in a while, you get a game that is goddamned astonishing; Half-Life and Half-Life 2 serve as examples, as does Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Portal, and for me, Telltale's The Walking Dead, not to mention the original Bioshock and the System Shocks.

This game is one of those games; goddamn astonishing. The story is brilliant: unlike any other Video Game story that exists at

This game is one of those games; goddamn astonishing.
    The story is brilliant: unlike any other Video Game story that exists at this point in time; just like the original Bioshock, you can expect a HUGE twist coming your way to blindside you senseless, with subtle hints implemented as the story progresses. However, unlike it's predecessor, the combat is bloody enjoyable at times; the inclusion of the Skyway(I think that's what it's called) mechanic keeps combat's pace fast and sometimes panicky, especially if a Handyman is coming your way, allowing you to reposition, survey the battlefield and take out your enemies as you zoom past them. But, the weapons themselves don't feel all that great, save for the shotgun and (arguably) the sniper rifle, everything else feels unsatisfying to fire.

Also the difficulty takes a nosedive towards the end; when you have a full arsenal of vigors, and fully upgraded guns, few enemies can even stand up to you as an actual threat; personally, I have found that using the Shock Jockey vigor to stun enemies, then shooting them with a shotgun worked as an instakill towards the standard, non-Heavy Hitter enemies, which is why the game just introduces more and more enemies to balance gameplay towards the later stages.

But all the nitpicks in the world couldn't reduce the quality of this game and it's story; it is an absolute must-buy as you will never experience a game such as this ever again.
  24. Mar 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Top 10 FPS Shooters of all time Expand
  25. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is great; a true masterpiece. Theres a ton to say about this game so youll have to forgive me in case i accidently overlook somehting. The game is so fine detailed, everything that has been placed in the world has a purpose. I will attempt to, with all the knowledge that i possess as a video game developer, break down the game and explain all aspects of it, reviewing theThis game is great; a true masterpiece. Theres a ton to say about this game so youll have to forgive me in case i accidently overlook somehting. The game is so fine detailed, everything that has been placed in the world has a purpose. I will attempt to, with all the knowledge that i possess as a video game developer, break down the game and explain all aspects of it, reviewing the gameplay, sound assets and graphical assets. To start, the gameplay in this game is absolutely breathtaking. The very first portion of the game which was only introducing the world that is Columbia was absolutely astonishing. I was smiling throughout the entire performance that the developers had directed. The fun and games grew short as the very first moral decision practically got thrown on the table like a dead horse at a fancy dinner party. This single act revealed the very mature tones and difficult decision making in a mere moments. Once that ended the combat began. The combat is highly innovative involving gameplay that one could only dream of. Combat is intense as the game will always offer a high challenge with intelligent enemy ai, consistent insertion of diverse enemies to force you to change strategies and many fun and varying ways to kill your opponents. Regarding the two weapon carrying capacity, i truly enjoy it. It forces players to search and acquire the best weapons for the job often times creating tense situations especially when the player is low on ammo. A huge part of the combat in this game is definitely intertwined with Elizabeth. Elizabeth is far from a hinderance giving the player support with health and items. Her ability to procure items for you in the field and middle of combat has more than proven effective for me and often times rescued me from certain death. Elizabeth is a fantastic support character and i would not give her up for anything else. Another point with the combat in this game is the lack of the ability to carry medpacks or salts to recover abilities and health. This change in combat actually offers quite a bit of challenge in the game and does boost the importance of Elizabeth, although she never really needs that because she herself is an amazing character. The skyline is another amazing innovation that was created for this game combining intense speed and power combat situations which only prove to intensify already very tense combat situations. The combat is fun and highly interactive forcing players to strategize the most effective manner in which to complete the situation at hand. The music that flourishes in and out of combat to more somber or quite or even joyful moments is absolutely incredible.

The story in this game is absolutely stunning and incredibly daring involving such dangerous themes as religion, government powers, lack of seperation of church and state, racism, racial purity moral decisions and far more to list. The storyline is very well fleshed out and meshes perfectly with other aspects of the game. I shouldnt reveal much of the storyline as it requires one to see and experience for themselves but i must insist that you take your time and keep an open mind when approaching the storyline as it can become quite dark. The graphics are absolutely beautiful and the animations are breathtaking. The twenties and steampunk themes are heavy in this game and executed absolutely phenomenally. The animations make for relatable encounters with other npcs in the game most specifically Elizabeth. The saturation of the world is absolutely wonderful and the models are completely smooth and wonderful. I truly love the artistic direction that the artists took with this game. I give this game a solid 10/10 .Bioshock infinite is an absolute marvel and pinnacle astonishment of what videogames are meant to be. If you have not purchased this game as of yet i would highly reccommend purchasing it especially at full price. Missing this game is a terrible mistake and playing it is the best way to truly understand the perfection that is bioshock infinite.

Final score 10/10
  26. Mar 30, 2013
    This game was simply amazing. There's nothing major in my option remotely displeasing about this title. The graphics make the story enjoyable, and well the story is unbelievable. As sad as it may sound I actually started to get attached to the characters. Over all this has been on of the best games I have ever play and am starting on the 1990 mode very shortly. This will be the next gameThis game was simply amazing. There's nothing major in my option remotely displeasing about this title. The graphics make the story enjoyable, and well the story is unbelievable. As sad as it may sound I actually started to get attached to the characters. Over all this has been on of the best games I have ever play and am starting on the 1990 mode very shortly. This will be the next game of the year. Expand
  27. Mar 30, 2013
    Where to start? This game nothing short of incredible. From the start you find yourself hooked into the beautiful world of Columbia. You find yourself getting attached to characters (Mainly Elizabeth) and getting into the story as if you are Booker. The story line sets a standard for all other games that are to come. Not to mention the ending. Not gonna spoil it but trust me, it will leaveWhere to start? This game nothing short of incredible. From the start you find yourself hooked into the beautiful world of Columbia. You find yourself getting attached to characters (Mainly Elizabeth) and getting into the story as if you are Booker. The story line sets a standard for all other games that are to come. Not to mention the ending. Not gonna spoil it but trust me, it will leave you speechless. This is the greatest game I have ever played, and I do not use that lightly. This is game is a pinnacle of what games can be. Expand
  28. Apr 18, 2013
    One of the best games i have played in the last few years. The story, immersion, world and detail is top notch. It is well paced and well keep you guessing and searching every nook and cranny of the world to figure out a little more about the plot. The characters and story telling is among the best in gaming.

Gameplay wise, it doesnt do anything revolutionary, but I found it fun and

Gameplay wise, it doesnt do anything revolutionary, but I found it fun and engaging. The FPS mechanics are fairly normal and generic, the Vigors and Skyrails combat makes things more interesting and satisfying.

All in all, this is an experience unlike any other in video games. And tells a story unlike any other in a world with a huge amount of detail in every inch. It will leave you thinking about it weeks after you finish the game. I do not think I will play a game of this caliber for a long time.
  29. Mar 31, 2013
    Wonderful animation and characters features. Enjoying this game, cant put it down. The fast movement and challenges are more than i could ask for. Keep up the good work, very happy player hours of total pleasure. Thank you
  30. Mar 31, 2013
    Irrational Games have once again created a masterpiece of storytelling in the sky. Its gorgeous visuals, absolutely incredible AI, beautiful sound design and unique setting accompany this, creating Bioshock Infinite; one of the greatest games I have ever played. It's revolutionary AI creates one of the most interactive, realistic and helpful accompanying characters ever, Elizabeth. SheIrrational Games have once again created a masterpiece of storytelling in the sky. Its gorgeous visuals, absolutely incredible AI, beautiful sound design and unique setting accompany this, creating Bioshock Infinite; one of the greatest games I have ever played. It's revolutionary AI creates one of the most interactive, realistic and helpful accompanying characters ever, Elizabeth. She creates an emotional connection with the player, making them feel as if she were real. Irrational Games have gone above and beyond, creating a memorable shooter; surpassing my expectations by far. I rate this 10/10 Expand
  31. Mar 31, 2013
    You already know what to do. Don't think. Buy. A world to live in, combat system to indulge in, and a sequence of events without wasted space. A masterpiece of synthesis. Join myself and the elite few who have bested 1999 mode and be at peace.
  32. Mar 31, 2013
    This GAME... wow, the use of graphics (textures), voice/audio, animation... Well, everything that makes a game a game is beyond ridiculously super uber amazing in BioShock Infinite. The art style (the way people look; faces, etc) is nothing short of genius. It is a little repetitive, such as the random people you see looking the same (As far as I have seen, I think there is only one femaleThis GAME... wow, the use of graphics (textures), voice/audio, animation... Well, everything that makes a game a game is beyond ridiculously super uber amazing in BioShock Infinite. The art style (the way people look; faces, etc) is nothing short of genius. It is a little repetitive, such as the random people you see looking the same (As far as I have seen, I think there is only one female head mesh apart from Elizabeth's) but beyond the first ten minutes of the game, you won't notice it at all. The audio department is also top notch. There is a resemblance to the prior BioShock's, with a wondrous and distinctive difference that fit's Columbia very well. The way the game play's, as with the first BioShock, is barely linear at all, allowing for 101 different routes to deal with the game's deviously clever obstacles. The use and design of the sky-rail highlights this, allowing you to find new places, weapons and ways to beat enemies with a twist. The slow but steady introduction of different guns and vigors also allows for a large differentiation in the way that you do things through the game, compared to what you may have done at the start. Upgrading health and tools is now far easier and less frustrating, as there are far more than 5 different opportunities to do so (Yeah, I'm looking at you, #1). The AI (The way the friends and enemies move about the level, where they take cover etc) is a groundbreaking advance in this area. Elizabeth's interaction with the environment is incredibly accurate, making observation's, taking cover and throwing you (literally) ammo just when you need it. She is simply delightful to have around. But the thing that I must stress is how astounding the story is. It is an example of simply awesome storytelling, equal to great's such as the Uncharted series. Columbia and your time there is a triumph of inspiring, imaginative minds. There are plot twists which are genuinely surprising, keeping the game lively as you play. It has been the only story line which I have been interested in in a very long time. BioShock Infinite is a refreshingly new, inspiring addition to the premium world of your game pile (Or steam list). I don't care what else comes out this year, it's my game of the year (And I'm literally oogling GTA 5). Just... get it. Now. Go on, now. Yes, now. JUST GET IT :D Expand
  33. Mar 31, 2013
    It's no masterpiece like many are saying, but still a very worthwhile game. If you enjoyed the other Bioshocks then you will most likely enjoy this one. The combat was decent as long as you play it on hard mode. Anything less is just pure cakewalk. Really the combat is what you make of it. You can either do the standard cover, then shoot a guy, rinse and repeat. If you get creative andIt's no masterpiece like many are saying, but still a very worthwhile game. If you enjoyed the other Bioshocks then you will most likely enjoy this one. The combat was decent as long as you play it on hard mode. Anything less is just pure cakewalk. Really the combat is what you make of it. You can either do the standard cover, then shoot a guy, rinse and repeat. If you get creative and take chances it becomes much better. I loved the story. I feel like the people saying it didn't make sense probably didn't pay enough attention to the details. Although it is somewhat linear it is not as bad as people seem to be making it out to be. The game does give you quite a bit of opportunity to wander about looting and sightseeing. Most people giving the negative reviews are probably jaded basement dwellers who need to get outside more. Expand
  34. Mar 31, 2013
    til recently I had been quite deceived by recent games sequel, from crysis 2 to diablo 3 and even bioshock 2, I had big expectation and games development has gone the wrong way since a while now. When I first heard about bioshock infinite, I told myself to that it was just another money making plan ``a la EA``. I was dead wrong; after seeing so many good review I decided to buy it and itstil recently I had been quite deceived by recent games sequel, from crysis 2 to diablo 3 and even bioshock 2, I had big expectation and games development has gone the wrong way since a while now. When I first heard about bioshock infinite, I told myself to that it was just another money making plan ``a la EA``. I was dead wrong; after seeing so many good review I decided to buy it and its been one of the best gaming experience I've got so far since dark souls. Bioshock franchise alway had a different atmosphere graphically, its maybe not a benchmark game but in its way has a majestic world. I don't get why so many people complain its not a crysis caliber graphics, it's not meant to be that kind of game. All this game beauty is contained in its truly jaw dropping scenario. You will be quite lost at first, trust me, but this is by far one of the most MIND BLOWING story I've ever come to play. As a fan QM theory I'm quite stocked they have come with a concept that complex and still nailled it pretty well. The Ai and control aren't revolutionnary but hey name a game that really delivered those thing?

well I note that game a big 10 because; although the actual gameplay is not actually revolutionnary but still really enjoyable, the scenario of this game is so solid, I wish more game dev actually understood the importance of immersion into a story that profound is the real experience to gamers. two word: MIND BLOWING!
  35. Mar 31, 2013
    This is easily one of the best games I've ever played in my life. It deserves nothing less than a 10, and any user that has given this game below a 9 is a troll and you can tell because they have 1 review. Back to the game, this game is amazing, the beautiful graphics, the fluent and intense combat that combines many elements other than shooting, and the story... this game has one of theThis is easily one of the best games I've ever played in my life. It deserves nothing less than a 10, and any user that has given this game below a 9 is a troll and you can tell because they have 1 review. Back to the game, this game is amazing, the beautiful graphics, the fluent and intense combat that combines many elements other than shooting, and the story... this game has one of the best stories ive ever experienced not just in a game but in any form. 10/10 easily Expand
  36. Apr 1, 2013
    Everything about this game deserves such high praise. The gameplay is invigorating and exciting, with no issues besides an annoying final boss and the occasional lag. The plot is absolutely phenomenal and makes you think days to come-making you want to play it all over again to notice every detail reflected by the resolution. The aesthetics are beautiful and will make you take noticeEverything about this game deserves such high praise. The gameplay is invigorating and exciting, with no issues besides an annoying final boss and the occasional lag. The plot is absolutely phenomenal and makes you think days to come-making you want to play it all over again to notice every detail reflected by the resolution. The aesthetics are beautiful and will make you take notice while playing. Even the music interacts with every movement and plot development in the story, until the end..
    For anyone who has not played it yet, there is a post credit scene which is important.
  37. Apr 1, 2013
    Although the graphics are great I'd play this as a text-based game just to play the story. This story is amazing, competing with Mass Effect on a higher level then one can imagine. The lore is great, the science is accurate (relatively) and the characters are incredible. There are not enough words in the English language to describe how good this game is so I'll stop right here!
    Just
    Just because I have to write something negative about the game; the combat is, as with any single-player story-based game, not so good. It's better than most games in it's league but not great. Satisfactory but not the reason to play this game.
  38. Apr 12, 2013
    Over 10 of gaming, this is one of my best games with an amazing and thrilling story. Most people would say this is overrated or some kind, it doesn't mean this game sucks, it's just that those who rated below 5/10 just either sucker at this game or a pure idiot.
  39. Apr 1, 2013
    After you Play it, you need one to talk about the Story. It will blow you brain and you think more than one day and night about it. Ok, it is a shooter, but the Story is better as a movie or a book can ever tell.
  40. Apr 1, 2013
    As you have probably heard, the graphics in this game are pretty OK. Running on High produced a smooth game for me, and bumping up the quality to Ultra left me stunned in the wake of a game that left me as stunned as the first playthrough of Uncharted 2 on PS3. The storyline, though some criticize for being linear and cliche, was tremendous in my opinion. Easily the most likely recipientAs you have probably heard, the graphics in this game are pretty OK. Running on High produced a smooth game for me, and bumping up the quality to Ultra left me stunned in the wake of a game that left me as stunned as the first playthrough of Uncharted 2 on PS3. The storyline, though some criticize for being linear and cliche, was tremendous in my opinion. Easily the most likely recipient of Game of the Year. The vigors are exciting and oftentimes entertaining (nothing like pushing an enemy off a zeppelin with a gush of water). For those complaining about the ease of the game, up the difficulty or, I know it's gonna be hard for some, don't just stick to the same two weapons and same vigor; mix it up a bit. The only complaint I have for this wonderful game is the lack of a normal save system. Instead, the game relies on series of checkpoints, which can get frustrating if you need to leave before you can reach the next one. A well-deserved 10/10. Beautiful graphics, beautiful soundtrack, beautiful story; BioShock Infinite has it all. Expand
  41. Apr 1, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite keeps you guessing till the end, and still a little after. It is creative, innovative, fast paced, and lets you really connect and fall in love with the characters. Every turn in the interactions and storyline are riveting, and colorful with emotion. the game as a whole all through till the end is larger than life and it really is beyond anything I could have hoped for.Bioshock Infinite keeps you guessing till the end, and still a little after. It is creative, innovative, fast paced, and lets you really connect and fall in love with the characters. Every turn in the interactions and storyline are riveting, and colorful with emotion. the game as a whole all through till the end is larger than life and it really is beyond anything I could have hoped for. The graphics and scenery are some of th most beautiful works of art Ive ever seen, and the little details that are the posters, the inanimate objects and room setups are just really quite remarkable. The characters are by far some of the most beautifully created characters Ive ever interacted with in a game. The Lutece twins, Elizabeth, Booker, Comstock, Daisy,; they are all extremely well thought out and are very inn depth. Last but not least, the skylines! Something I dont think Ive seen done before and was easy to use and was extremely fun! Expand
  42. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is CRAZY. It throws you into a new world with tons of things to learn and explore. When you are starting to get confortable things goes crazy and its the feeling of being lost and having very little idea of whats going on and always trying to find out that makes this game so special. This game deserves nothing less than 10, This being even better than the original bioshock.
  43. Apr 1, 2013
    This Bioshock is really awesome not in the same environment but the atmosphere of Bioshock is still here .
    The graphics on PC are really nice don't know about the other versions.
    If you liked Bioshock 1 and 2 you will love this one if you prefer Call of Duty-like FPS you'll hate it don't even bother buying it simple as that. The game is meant to be played by people who really
    The graphics on PC are really nice don't know about the other versions.

The game is meant to be played by people who really like steampunk atmospheres or who are open minded to new experiences.
    Awesome soundtrack Gary did a really good work .
    Not going to spoil the story will just say that the end is going to blow your mind

Buy it definitely one of the best game ever released Thanks Irrational Games
  44. Apr 1, 2013
    Very rarely, a game as innovative and well refined as "Bioshock: Infinite" comes along. The slow introduction to the world and characters is quickly compensated for as a few sudden twists set off an unforgettable, emotional thrill ride. While small plot details are hidden about for the explorer and code-cracking types, the game seems to always retain its focus on the big picture. TheVery rarely, a game as innovative and well refined as "Bioshock: Infinite" comes along. The slow introduction to the world and characters is quickly compensated for as a few sudden twists set off an unforgettable, emotional thrill ride. While small plot details are hidden about for the explorer and code-cracking types, the game seems to always retain its focus on the big picture. The plot is exciting, well realized, and although confusing at moments, perfectly presented. The engine is deigned to convincingly portray an expansive environment and while led along a general path, the player will constantly feel like they're part of something much bigger. Use of the skylines is fluid, intuitive, and expertly woven into gameplay and combat. Although the game can be finished in a matter of hours, it's well worth multiple playthroughs. Expand
  45. Apr 1, 2013
    I've just finished the game and it just blew my mind. The athmosphere, characters, graphics, gameplay just everything is perfect. You truly get fond of the girl and forget that it is only a game.
    A masterpiece, and for me, game of the decade!
  46. Apr 26, 2013
    An exceptionally well made game with a few problems here and there, but overall amazing. Columbia is just as good as Rapture and Elizabeth might be the greatest AI companion we've ever seen. The game play is pretty similar to the OG Bioshock, but less RPG elements. The endings is stronger than the original as well. Worth every penny.
  47. Apr 1, 2013
    One of the best FPS I've ever played, the game story makes up for the aged graphics on consoles. The world and the twists are excellent, there were a bit of odd parts that didn't seem right when playing but once you finished the game you understand what everything means and how well planned the story is since the beginning.
  48. Apr 1, 2013
    Some people may not realize this but this is probably the best written literary pieces in digital entertainment ever. Just like Portal 2, Bastion and a few other titles. People who demand graphics lack understanding of stylized media, it's not intended to look realistic. That noted it was amazingly optimized for the user experience. I'm ashamed of anyone who rated it two points or lessSome people may not realize this but this is probably the best written literary pieces in digital entertainment ever. Just like Portal 2, Bastion and a few other titles. People who demand graphics lack understanding of stylized media, it's not intended to look realistic. That noted it was amazingly optimized for the user experience. I'm ashamed of anyone who rated it two points or less lower than my own given score. Expand
  49. Apr 1, 2013
    There seems to be a lot of blind hate on here, but I think most of it is unfounded. The setting, the story and the characters are absolutely fantastically done. This game is absolutely brilliant. Many people seem to have problems with the ending. Most of the time this is from people that don't understand it. I suggest these people watch the film Primer if you want to see something you canThere seems to be a lot of blind hate on here, but I think most of it is unfounded. The setting, the story and the characters are absolutely fantastically done. This game is absolutely brilliant. Many people seem to have problems with the ending. Most of the time this is from people that don't understand it. I suggest these people watch the film Primer if you want to see something you can understand. Expand
  50. Apr 1, 2013
    If you haven't played Bioshock Infinite, then your life isn't complete. One of the best games I have ever played. The gorgeous art design and superb attention to detail make this game a visual feast. Not only is it beautiful but the game play is brutal, fast and most of all fun. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long time and I highly recommend it to everyone. If you have the rig toIf you haven't played Bioshock Infinite, then your life isn't complete. One of the best games I have ever played. The gorgeous art design and superb attention to detail make this game a visual feast. Not only is it beautiful but the game play is brutal, fast and most of all fun. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long time and I highly recommend it to everyone. If you have the rig to run it, get the PC version as it's visuals are far superior and make this gorgeous game one of the best looking available. I praise Ken Levine for being such a visionary and giving us such a sublime game. Thank you Irrational, I am dying to see what you'll bestow upon us next! Expand
  51. kcv
    Apr 2, 2013
    The game is awesome, as far as people who are talking about graphics glitches should upgrade the pc to latest graphics card and see how it works out...the game is for PC.....not for xbox or PS3.....As far as the story goes it is some thing too much experimental......but the game definitely deserves around 95-97...but as many are giving pathetic ratings of below 8 and shockingly (0).....IThe game is awesome, as far as people who are talking about graphics glitches should upgrade the pc to latest graphics card and see how it works out...the game is for PC.....not for xbox or PS3.....As far as the story goes it is some thing too much experimental......but the game definitely deserves around 95-97...but as many are giving pathetic ratings of below 8 and shockingly (0).....I give it 10/10......I think ken is James Cameron of gaming industry...giving masterpieces one after another....and someone who isn't afraid to experiment..... Expand
  52. Apr 2, 2013
    The game is very good, but a bit overrated, gameplay falls short on a few aspects (most gear is uninteresting, some vigors are useless, some fights are repetitive and too easy, dissapointing final battle), but the skyline mechanic is great. The setting is amazing but the story is not a masterpiece, pretty good but not that good as the reviewers said.
  53. Apr 2, 2013
    A work of art. compelling from start to finish and without any spoilers, the best game and story i have seen in years. Bioshock one and two had incredible atmosphere, this game polishes that with incredible combat, a deep immersible story, beautiful scenery and an ending that made me take my hand off my keyboard and send chills up my spine. The first time Elizabeth threw me a coin and saidA work of art. compelling from start to finish and without any spoilers, the best game and story i have seen in years. Bioshock one and two had incredible atmosphere, this game polishes that with incredible combat, a deep immersible story, beautiful scenery and an ending that made me take my hand off my keyboard and send chills up my spine. The first time Elizabeth threw me a coin and said "found some money, want it?," as Booker went to grab it my hand came off my mouse and i gave Elizabeth a thumbs up, as if she was really there. This game is truly phenomenal, everything i was hoping for and more. My personal game of the year. BUY THIS GAME Expand
  54. Apr 2, 2013
    Bioshock infinite draws you into another worlds or should i say many worlds! The game is a unique story telling experience and the ending is just great. The combat mechanics are interesting leaving lots of room for improvisation on the battlefield and the strategic use of Elizabeths tear ability makes for very fun encounters. I played that game on 1999 mode first time through and whileBioshock infinite draws you into another worlds or should i say many worlds! The game is a unique story telling experience and the ending is just great. The combat mechanics are interesting leaving lots of room for improvisation on the battlefield and the strategic use of Elizabeths tear ability makes for very fun encounters. I played that game on 1999 mode first time through and while frustrating at parts i was always able to make progress. If you are up for a challenge as well as an mesmerizing story you would be wise to set 1999 mode on using the konami code. All and all a well polished game with a artistic direction with gelled really well with what I and others are looking for in modern FPS titles. Expand
  55. Apr 2, 2013
    After an hour or two of gameplay this has already become my GOTY but kinda on par with Tomb Raider. A masterpiece. I hope more of such high quality games in the future.
  56. Apr 2, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a fantastic game. Not only does it have a great story, but also great game play which the first BioShock lacked in some forms. From start to finish you'll find yourself engulfed by the story and colorful characters, especially the relationship between Booker and Elizabeth. The only complaint I have with the game is how Irrational finished the game. For my first playBioShock Infinite is a fantastic game. Not only does it have a great story, but also great game play which the first BioShock lacked in some forms. From start to finish you'll find yourself engulfed by the story and colorful characters, especially the relationship between Booker and Elizabeth. The only complaint I have with the game is how Irrational finished the game. For my first play through, so much information was being shoved into my head in the last 20 minutes that I was confused, but playing through a second time erased all the confusion. Expand
  57. Apr 2, 2013
    The game truly is a work of art, deep character and fun dialogue, the actors did a fantastic job of bringing the game to life, with dynamic visual and stunning graphic, with emotional moment where the game truly touches my heart. Not to forget to mention the fun combat and Elizabeth, the star of the game. Its a game that no one should miss out.
  58. Apr 2, 2013
    One of the best games i have ever played i highly recommend this one. The story is amazing,graphics are great and the characters you just fall in love with.
  59. Apr 3, 2013
    исскусства.

сверх составляющая
    рекомендую
  60. Apr 3, 2013
    From the time you invest in one hour, you are hopelessly lost in a beautiful world of exotic pleasantries. I often found myself just stopping and admire the views that I have been granted and the joyous occasion of old time culture. It gives you subtle hints that the world up there has its flaws as you venture deeper into the abyss.

It seems to have a underlying message of today's world

It seems to have a underlying message of today's world that the outside we live in is a appealing fruit placed in a basket. But if you bite into it, its nutrition has been devoured by the spoils of greed and brainwashed corruption. Religious views from the writer definitely has a strong opinion about today's religious following.

Your Companion is certainly the most dependent experience I have witnessed. Even though you don't need her to continue if you are wonderful in FPS. But because she gives you money, ammo and Salt (mana) during combat, she is definitely a asset. Various spells you encounter are not always used as I tend to my favorites, and a few spells tend to be useless. Perks have been added to add a RPG flavor which is a nice addition to the games arsenal, especially for those that don't favor the RPG experience.

A.I, is dumb as usual, nothing special there.

Story line has been well developed and created several story archs that is molded at the end which creates the "OH SNAP!" However, to create a wonderful story that is flawless, multiple hints to demonstrate the "OH SNAP!" emotion needs to be implemented through the games environment. It just seemed as though they just said, "Let's put this in it!" but did not give any hints during the game experience. I feel if I played this again, and try to see the hints during the game, I would not see them. But overall it was enjoyable, environments was lavish, and story was convincing to suck you in. just wished they do hints to not one of the conclusions, but the other multiple conclusions as well.
  61. Sep 18, 2013
    A Great game, a worthy successor to the original, and better than Bioshock 2. I love the detail and love that went in to this. You can even look up a lot of the names of things and see that they picked them because of real life historical influences and there are many parallels to real history here. There are supposedly alternate endings but I have only seen one.
  62. Apr 7, 2013
    This game is great and deserves all the acclaim that it is currently receiving. It creates a story that is so intriguing I could understand why it took three release delays for the game to finally be available to the public. The only thing I would love to have in this game would be co-op but that is such a small and insignificant thing to cry about. This game is a MUST-OWN and deserves aThis game is great and deserves all the acclaim that it is currently receiving. It creates a story that is so intriguing I could understand why it took three release delays for the game to finally be available to the public. The only thing I would love to have in this game would be co-op but that is such a small and insignificant thing to cry about. This game is a MUST-OWN and deserves a playthrough from every gamer. Expand
  63. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is a once in a life time experience. The story and the setting of the game are incredibly unique. Columbia is a perfect city in the sky, an utopia, ridden by some darker, ulterior motives. The game is just plain beautiful and it's accompanied by an amazing soundtrack. The characters are perfectly done. Elizabeth feels like a real, living and breathing human being with her ownThis game is a once in a life time experience. The story and the setting of the game are incredibly unique. Columbia is a perfect city in the sky, an utopia, ridden by some darker, ulterior motives. The game is just plain beautiful and it's accompanied by an amazing soundtrack. The characters are perfectly done. Elizabeth feels like a real, living and breathing human being with her own emotions and thoughts. The way she interacts with the main character and the world around her is something I have never seen anything in a video game. From she dances with people of Columbia as she feels freedom for the first time in her life to when she runs scared away from Booker when she first sees him kill people, her character feels so real, so human. She will accompany you throughout the majority of the game but when she doesn't you will feel lonely and nervous without her. She is never a burden, and she can be a life saver in combat as she tosses you health and salts (which are basically this game's mana system). She will also occasionaly toss you coins, or open locked doors for you, provided you found enough lockpicks for it. The gameplay is fast and fun. You will be frantically shooting down people from the skylines and then you jump down and start throwing explosive fire grenades all while Elizabeth is running around the battlefield to provide you for supplies. All of this culminates in a mindblowing, spectacular ending, which may leave you hanging with some questions if you have not been following the story closely, but if you have, it will provide a satisfying, sensible conculsion to what is probably the best story ever told in gaming. Buy this game, play it and love it. Expand
  64. Apr 8, 2013
    I enjoyed this game and right now I'm half-way through my second play through on 1999 mode. Amazing atmospheric music and gorgeous visuals/art-style are on par with Bioshock 1's but Bioshock had that whole spooky vibe to it so it's still slightly better for me. The story is decent at best with it's take on multiverse theory and all but the way it is told is quite good since it isn't spoonI enjoyed this game and right now I'm half-way through my second play through on 1999 mode. Amazing atmospheric music and gorgeous visuals/art-style are on par with Bioshock 1's but Bioshock had that whole spooky vibe to it so it's still slightly better for me. The story is decent at best with it's take on multiverse theory and all but the way it is told is quite good since it isn't spoon fed to you and you can carefully observe the world/narrative to make sense of a lot of things. A second play through is pretty much warranted since you can notice a lot of subtleties after finishing the game once with the ending. The combat is fun and engaging but feels a step down from Bioshock 1&2. Lack of proper hacking or a system of that sort, gun variety is limited(no aesthetic changes when upgraded too) and absolutely boring vigors which sometimes make the combat too easy. Another thing which makes it easy is Liz lobbing Salts and Health at you, they should really increase the cooldown on that through a patch. Shooting mechanics and AI are not bad but enemies feel like sponges most of the times. Skyline combat is pretty fun but it's severely limited which is a downer. No regenerating health is a great additive.

Overall superb game and I recommend experiencing it but Half-life 2 is better.
  65. Apr 9, 2013
    Great game start to finish. It has amazing hit boxes, well done animations, large amount of weapons and abilities, beautiful story and the best companion AI to date for me. Hope you enjoy
  66. Apr 13, 2013
    Whoever rated this game a 5 or below is on crack. I rarely rate on here but when I saw that many negatives (~10%) I had to put this up. Hell, 1 negative vote is too much for this great game. I just finished after about 10 hours of gameplay (I do all of the optional missions explore as much as possible). What it all comes down to is the game is fun. The combat, trying out differentWhoever rated this game a 5 or below is on crack. I rarely rate on here but when I saw that many negatives (~10%) I had to put this up. Hell, 1 negative vote is too much for this great game. I just finished after about 10 hours of gameplay (I do all of the optional missions explore as much as possible). What it all comes down to is the game is fun. The combat, trying out different vigors, using powers to activate turrets, or flying around on the rails while guys are chasing you... it's just damn fun!

If I wanted to nitpick, I'd say there are some slow spots in the game, and I was a little annoyed when some of the later levels were a bit recycled. But other than that, the game was great. I can see myself playing through again some time in the future.

This is a beautiful game in an artistic way (1440p on ultra helps!). But the compelling storyline, the atmosphere, sounds, music... all come together to make a wonderful game.

I honestly think if you rated this game below a 6 there is something wrong with you or you expect WAY too much from a game. It's obvious from playing the game through that the development team put a LOT of work into this game and it shows. I really don't know how much more you could expect from a game. To call this game mediocre is just plain criminal.
  67. Apr 12, 2013
    For me this game is like Twin Peaks. Maybe game-play isn't exactly the best, but plot and climate is worth every second with it. Music and Elisabeth character is an add on plus.
  68. Apr 12, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a god game with a fantastic ending. My jaw was literally on the floor after i completed this game. The game mechanics were great for console and even more for PC. Elizabeth's AI was one of the best i have ever played with. Not once was she ever in my way. Great job to Ken Levine and his team i Definitely am thinking game of the year for this contender!
  69. Apr 12, 2013
    I have to say I loved this game. The story immersed me in a way that no game has done before and when that kind of thing happens, such an ending will really make an impact. I don't play usually play just campaign games but this was didn't feel like some annoying task when completing the missions. I actually liked the combat because when using the vigors and guns at the same time, it makesI have to say I loved this game. The story immersed me in a way that no game has done before and when that kind of thing happens, such an ending will really make an impact. I don't play usually play just campaign games but this was didn't feel like some annoying task when completing the missions. I actually liked the combat because when using the vigors and guns at the same time, it makes for some crazy I cant complain about the graphics partly because my computer is pretty terrible and also they were pretty damn good for running on the lowest setting. Also good graphics aren't what make a good, it is the story and game play mechanics which I loved. But remember, IT IS ALL JUST AN OPINION Expand
  70. Apr 14, 2013
    Infinite is the best experience i have ever had since the first BioShock. The enviroment is BRILLIANT, the history amazing, moreover Infinite is a lot of fun to play, and the gunplay is better than the others. A masterpiece. Thanks Irrational Games, thanks Ken Levine.
  71. Apr 16, 2013
    Perfect games are nearly impossible to make, yet there are close ones. BioShock Infinite is an example. You rush campaign worthy of 14 hours of gameplay and at the end you will be thinking 'wow' and you will probably be left with still a lot of questions unanswerd. But this makes BioShock such a good game: it let's you think about all sorts of things, like racism and religion. BioShockPerfect games are nearly impossible to make, yet there are close ones. BioShock Infinite is an example. You rush campaign worthy of 14 hours of gameplay and at the end you will be thinking 'wow' and you will probably be left with still a lot of questions unanswerd. But this makes BioShock such a good game: it let's you think about all sorts of things, like racism and religion. BioShock Infinite provides the best setting and storytelling that has ever been told in a First-Person Shooter. First of all: the graphics. The Unreal Engine is holding its reputation as one of the best gaming engines and because of this the graphics of BioShock Infinite are so great. Columbia (with the help of this fantastic engine) is living. The flying city looks so great, that it even blows the undersea world of Rapture away. As I told you before about the setting and story from BioShock, you may want to know that the storytelling and setting are the strongest parts of this game, oh yeah and also Elizabeth. Elizabeth is the girl Booker DeWitt needs to save from Columbia. As you would think at first, it might be an escort mission, you're wrong. Elizabeth is such a great AI, that it almost lives like every other person. She is almost perfect. Because of her active role in BioShock Infinite, the game gets a lot better. She's not just the tip of the cake, she is the cake (and not a lie). BioShock is well known for its orginality. As from BioShock, and BioShock 2, you can also use magic powers in battle to overcome your enemy. Yet instead of plasmids (like in the original games) you now have Vigors, which is also really fun to use. My favourite has got to be the crows of death, where you send a group of deathly crows to your enemy and they eat them alive. Another great point about BioShock is the tool you use for travelling. I'm talking about the grapple hook. With this you can clinch on to rails and skydive your way trough Columbia. With this taking in mind, the grapple hook and the skydiving also give enough action to make the fire fights in the game a lot better. You're not the only one who can clinch on to those rails: your enemy are also good at that. With all the positives said, there has got to be something wrong about this game. Yet there is very few to mention. The only thing I may say are the fire fights. Sure they are fun as hell, but they changed. It's not like the first Bioshock or Bioshock 2. You mostly will use guns, instead of vigors. The Vigors feel less powerful then the Plasmids in the original BioShock. Yet this doesn't effect the overall BioShock experience. With this taken in mind, you shouldn't read my review. You're wasting your time. Because you could have taken your time to go to the nearest game shop and bought BioShock Infinite. This game is a must own! Expand
  72. Apr 14, 2013
    It couldn't be any better.
    The plot still sounds very hard to be understood, but we are in front of one of the greatest titles ever.
    We are not talking about a game: this is a form of art.
    Looking forward to the DLCs
  73. Apr 14, 2013
    I was anticipating this game ever since it was officially announced back in 2010. I had thought it would not be the successor to the original. I was wrong, the game had became a true sequel to the original. The game play is very solid and the story is quite something that is not like any other story to experience. It changes the ways how games are told and experienced for developers toI was anticipating this game ever since it was officially announced back in 2010. I had thought it would not be the successor to the original. I was wrong, the game had became a true sequel to the original. The game play is very solid and the story is quite something that is not like any other story to experience. It changes the ways how games are told and experienced for developers to take notes for future games to have the bar this high. The characters and writing are quite spectacular to where it feels very emotional, it takes you to another world to explore and feel very involved. It starts with a simple concept of a man has to save a girl from a tower to take his debt away. It starts to evolve from there to tell a extraordinary story where the twists and turns feel very exciting. The game play feels very open and unique with weapons and the newly named plasmids to vigors. The art direction was craft-fully created to make the world feel alive and like it's there. It was a perfect way to end the current console generation with the swan song of the generation, I highly recommend it to gamers who want to see have a great story. Expand
  74. Apr 16, 2013
    This blew me away, Its quite unlike any other game ive ever played, and its awesome! In terms of combat, i cant complain, fluid, fast moving and just great fun! The story is one of the best ive ever seen a game, although it requires a bit of thinking and luck {Several plot points require you to find game collect-ables to be explained}. The graphics are also actually quite a breath of freshThis blew me away, Its quite unlike any other game ive ever played, and its awesome! In terms of combat, i cant complain, fluid, fast moving and just great fun! The story is one of the best ive ever seen a game, although it requires a bit of thinking and luck {Several plot points require you to find game collect-ables to be explained}. The graphics are also actually quite a breath of fresh air, environments are colourful and richly animated giving an amazing back-drop. Definietly a new all-time fav for me and a real classic in the making. Expand
  75. Apr 16, 2013
    At the beginning of this console cycle, Irrational's first venture reinvigorated a stale shooter genre and gave us a game that stands right up there with the likes Half-Life 2 and Doom in terms of its influence, scale, and lasting appeal. Bioshock (one) was a masterpiece that would be extremely hard to follow, let alone top. Well, not only does Bioshock: Infinite out do it's predecessor,At the beginning of this console cycle, Irrational's first venture reinvigorated a stale shooter genre and gave us a game that stands right up there with the likes Half-Life 2 and Doom in terms of its influence, scale, and lasting appeal. Bioshock (one) was a masterpiece that would be extremely hard to follow, let alone top. Well, not only does Bioshock: Infinite out do it's predecessor, but it is just as worthy on it's own merit of standing up there with the greats. Never have I been so invested in a game's story, characters, and environment than I was while journeying through Infinite. It is a testament to the power of games as a storytelling medium the tale Irrational weaves throughout the experience is one that can only be told with in an interactive way; there has to be agency for it to work. The astonishing reason behind this triumph lies with the fact that gameplay and story work together it's not just violence for the sake of violence and shooting for the sake of shooting, the environment and story contextualize all of it. Each enemy you distinguish has a weight on your conscience as Elizabeth questions your actions....and you question your own, since you are persecuted as an "Anti-Christ" like figure upon reaching Columbia. I found I was asking myself "am I really the bad guy here...I am bringing about a lot of wanton death destruction." But yet all the while I justified my actions because I cared about Elizabeth and wanted to protect her and she represents not only an amazing achievement in technical design but character design as well. There is so much thought and care put into every facet of this games design that it is flabbergasting. I would need a lot more than 5000 characters to relate it all with text.

Here is all you really need to know:

The ending will have your jaw on the floor, the ride getting there will leave you giddy for more, walking through Columbia will leave you awe inspired. Bioshock: Infinite not only reinvigorates a stale genre but a stale industry in many regards. This a boon given to gamers...don't miss out on it.
  76. Apr 16, 2013
    this game is pretty imppresive, i really love how the storyline goes and columbia level design

It's too overrated?? yes actually, but in the other sides, this game is really good Graphic is colorful, i my pants looking at how beautiful graphic was designed in this game Gameplay is good but if you play the first 2 bioshock games, you'll be dissapointed with this one. 2 weapons

Gameplay is good but if you play the first 2 bioshock games, you'll be dissapointed with this one. 2 weapons limitation and some elements of old bioshock games have been removed
    Stoyline is the best thing of this game, well i got confused sometimes but when i see the ending, it explained EVERYTHING of this game. it's very satisfying ending and beautiful one

Replaybility level is really low in this game, but the storyline maybe will stuck on your mind for some years

i want to give this game 9,5 10
  77. Apr 16, 2013
    One of the greatest games I've ever played. It combines a beautiful setting with fantastic characters in a world with memorable themes. Absolutely perfect.
  78. Apr 16, 2013
    Very fun and amazingly written game. While keeping the charm of the first game Infinite builds itself to a new level, literally. With stunning graphics and wonderful music the game is just an experience on its own, but the real hook is the story. The characters involved are engaging and develop well through out the game and the ending will leave your head spinning.

It is a game were the

It is a game were the side buildings and rooms are must explore areas.

Now my major gripe about this game that is keeping me from giving it a 10 is that it felt very short to me, a 9 10 hour game at best. But it isn't much of a complaint because every minute of it was filled with fun and just bliss.
  79. Apr 17, 2013
    2k out did themselves with the first bioshock, and the second one had a great addition to multiplayer, but this changed Raptures legacy, this changed the whole game franchise. I have followed the bioshock franchise ever since it began, and have collected anything related to it.
    Cons: 2 Weapon only system, possible multiplayer?, lack of interaction with ciztizens
    Pros (im gonna list

Pros (im gonna list them by the dozen)
    * Story (so amazing)
    * Graphics
    * Map and world Design
    * Weapons
    * New Plasmids (now caled Vigors)
    * Your not a mindless man in a city now, your an actuial talking character
    * AI is pretty smart, especially elizabeth
    * A fluent and beutiful open world to explore
    * Possible DLC
    * Combat
    * SKY LINES
    * The carnival at the beginning as a substitute for a tutorial
    * AND MORE
    Just buy it.... Just buy it.
  80. Apr 17, 2013
    One of the best games i have played in a very long time!
    Game play is very enjoyable and doesn't get boring. The story is so good it had me sitting at the credits gobsmacked! Definitely a 10/10 for me.
  81. Apr 17, 2013
    This is a perfect game. The graphic engine is very good, awesome graphics. Sounds are very impressive too It's useless to tell you that the story is fresh and insanely well wrote. You'll never forget this game.
  82. Apr 17, 2013
    JUST FANTASTIC... I am so critic about pc games that I don't even write on any websites, but I wanted to say this. This game is AWESOME!!! So impressive!!! XD
  83. Apr 17, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is one of the best video games ever, at least top 10 of all time. The visuals are stunning as u go through the city in the sky Columbia. The world looks beautiful, but the real world underneath is dark. You play as booker dewitt and have to rescue a girl named Elizabeth the repay a debt. Elizabeth is very beautiful and isn't a burden like other companions in games andBioshock infinite is one of the best video games ever, at least top 10 of all time. The visuals are stunning as u go through the city in the sky Columbia. The world looks beautiful, but the real world underneath is dark. You play as booker dewitt and have to rescue a girl named Elizabeth the repay a debt. Elizabeth is very beautiful and isn't a burden like other companions in games and will toss you supplies like health, ammo, and salts, but also open tears and bring things into the world to help. Elizabeth is a character that you will really care for as her reactions are realistic and she's so sweet, beautiful, kind, and smart that you .have to care for her/ Salts are ammo for vigors which are special powers like throwing balls of fire which add to the gameplay and make it different but a lot better by being able to run and gun if you want to. The realism in how a city based on America but grew apart from it in the late 1800s in displayed greatly, as the city is realistically very racist, but u also can kill them including kkk members, which is awesome that u can kill kkk members. The story is amazing and without any spoilers, the ending really gets you thinking about the whole game and really has a special impact most games don't have. Play this game or you'll miss out on a great experience! Expand
  84. Apr 19, 2013
    This is a game that shows the world what gaming is capable of. People scorn games as being childish and trivial, and then a game like this comes along. A game that makes graphics more like cinematography. A game that builds beautiful and endearing characters. A game that hints subtly throughout at the conclusion it is leading to without ever spelling it out. Hollywood has not created aThis is a game that shows the world what gaming is capable of. People scorn games as being childish and trivial, and then a game like this comes along. A game that makes graphics more like cinematography. A game that builds beautiful and endearing characters. A game that hints subtly throughout at the conclusion it is leading to without ever spelling it out. Hollywood has not created a movie this thought-provoking or involved in years. Play this game and be thoroughly satisfied. Expand
  85. Apr 20, 2013
    Graphics were absolutely beautiful, no doubt. And the ending (I heard people's endings were different??) was such a plot twist. I would like if someone made a movie, or even a book based on this game if there hasn't already
  86. Aug 27, 2013
    We would definitely recommend this game as a must play for any gamer. The story keeps you sucked in and entertained. The graphics will make you marvel at it's sight and the gameplay will keep you entertained all the way until the end. Replayability is pretty good as well. Definitely check this game out.
  87. Apr 26, 2013
    It has been one hell of a long time since a current generation game actually made me think about the ending is there really much more to be said.......
  88. Apr 26, 2013
    Why are there so many low ratings for this game? The critics gave this game a combined 9.5 but it deserves a lot more than this, as they have not noticed some things. Firstly, the bad: the guns are unbalanced, so too are the vigor's. The final battle was annoying, it was too difficult, I died many times before realizing what needed to be done. The handymen are overpowered, in Bioshock 1Why are there so many low ratings for this game? The critics gave this game a combined 9.5 but it deserves a lot more than this, as they have not noticed some things. Firstly, the bad: the guns are unbalanced, so too are the vigor's. The final battle was annoying, it was too difficult, I died many times before realizing what needed to be done. The handymen are overpowered, in Bioshock 1 and 2, the Big Daddy's where underpowered. So they decided to raise the difficulty on the Handymen because they are references are to Big Daddy but the problem is the Handymen are too overpowered. Usually causing death several times per Handyman. Now these may be issued but they don't hold the game back for some other reasons. This game has amazing design, combat, storytelling. and most of all it's presentation. These would easily make up for the downers in this game and this would easily make this game unique and a perfect game. It's designed from the Bioshock continuation and it had so much detail to it. So many tiny details that make it a great improvement. It had an extremely good ending and very realistic and life like characters. The amazing graphics, the beautiful scenery, and most of all a unique thing that no game has done before: the sky-lining sections and the good variety of enemies. The ending could have been better, with more than one ending, but it's still amazing. 10/10. If anyone says it deserves less than they're lying to your face because they don't notice the heights this game achieves. So be reasonable. Expand
  89. Apr 27, 2013
    Best game I 've play in 2013. Many touching moments and packed with excellent shooting design. It has the most beautiful theme I have ever seen in a shooting game that make you relax and love to watch more than anything.

But beware this game is not a cakewalk if you don't tread carefully. On Hard difficulty, the enemies are brutal and keen shoot. I nearly destroy my gamepad because of some scene (yup! Not a hardcore gamer :P).

Strongly recommended and play it with fire. 9 for the game and plus 1 points for both Eliz and Booker.

Any "reviewer" has this score under 8.5 is clearly don't know how to play a true game or they are just trolls.
  90. c3p
    Apr 27, 2013
    The Story, Graphics ect. is extremly strong.
    The Core gameplay is a bit,...average. I can't really lay my finger on it, but it felt in huge parts a bit like a railway shooter. (That is an exaggerration, but at the end i just rushed through the combats to enhance the story)
    The Story, Graphics ect. is extremly strong.
    Also there are really nice ideas (Shield and AI partner,that throws ammunition to you, to get a better flow were great ideas, it wasn't really my style)
    In Conclusion 9/10, best FPS since >1 year.
  91. Apr 27, 2013
    amazing game, amazing characters, amazing story, amazing gameplay, AMAZING EVERYTHING (although compared to the original bioshock it does have a great emphasis on gunplay)
  92. Apr 27, 2013
    This is one of the best games ever made! The game play, the graphics and especially the story adds up to one of, maybe BEST game experiences ever! 11 out of 10
  93. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a game that I not only enjoyed for game play, featuring a companion I could not only tolerate but grew to even care about but was also great in terms of narrative. If you take the time to explore the areas, to listen to what there is to hear, to consider what certain elements mean, you will enjoy this game.

If however you are used to games that spoon feed you, games that are

If however you are used to games that spoon feed you, games that are simply COD clones, then please don't play this game, you will be disappointed.
  94. Apr 28, 2013
    Everything in the game in the game is perfect, the story, the gameplay, the mood, and the music. The replay value is so good, the game feels different the second time through, and it stays with you for weeks. if you're a gamer of any genre, Do not miss this, this is the game of our generation. This is the first game i want to play over and over again.
  95. May 2, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite in many ways puts me in mind of Half Life 2. When I first played Valve's magnum opus back in 2005, I realized that a new benchmark had been set for first person shooters. Valve's attempt to craft a narrative-based fps was truly unique at the time. City 17 felt like a real place, and the characters had a level of depth which you rarely see in any genre, let alone firstBioshock Infinite in many ways puts me in mind of Half Life 2. When I first played Valve's magnum opus back in 2005, I realized that a new benchmark had been set for first person shooters. Valve's attempt to craft a narrative-based fps was truly unique at the time. City 17 felt like a real place, and the characters had a level of depth which you rarely see in any genre, let alone first person shooters. The inclusion of Alyx Vance as the deuteragonist was a giant leap forward. Female characters rarely find a place in video games, and when they do, they are often shallow and underdeveloped.

Irrational Games has built upon Valve's success, creating their own immersive, fully realized world with captivating characters and an unbelievable story. Elizabeth is the heart of the game. She and the player character forge a close connection, and you genuinely begin to care for her. Courtnee Draper's performance is remarkable. At times I found myself forgetting that Elizabeth is actually an npc. Once I had finished Infinite, I went back and replayed Half Life 2 to see how the two games stack up. Alyx's character seems lifeless in comparison with Elizabeth. Irrational Games should be commended for what they have accomplished. Bioshock Infinite isn't just a game. It is a work of art that explores a myriad of complex themes including (inter alia) the evils of Christian absolutism, racism, love, loss, and the human desire for redemption.
  96. Ndi
    Nov 13, 2013
    First and foremost, this game has amazing graphics. I read user reviews saying that game has poor DX9 use. I wouldn't know. But on a DX11 card, on ultra, it looks amazing, butter-smooth and with nice immersion.

Story was pretty cool, bit weird, but made sense. So why not 10? Well, it's a technological marvel, but that's it. Wooden choices, zero options of consequence, I mean really.

Story was pretty cool, bit weird, but made sense.

So why not 10? Well, it's a technological marvel, but that's it. Wooden choices, zero options of consequence, I mean really. Bird or cage? When you get asked such a question by a game called Bioshock, I expect it to mean something. I expect to save or drown the little sisters, I expect rabid, savage response, moral ambiguity. Niente.

In Bioshock, things were not just creepy, wet and morally gray, but things you did mattered, and that was great. The best compliment I ever heard to Bioshock 1 was the fact that half way through, the player stopped to wonder whether or not the little sisters would take revenge, whether or not the daddies would catch him unawares and maul him and whether or not all those plasmids will do irreparable harm to the player. It made you care.

Not B3. I don't care for Booker DimWitt because he's trying too hard to have a story and that makes him DISTINCT from me. The fact that he butchered Indians makes for a nice explanation, but also makes me think "I'm not him". I don't care for Miss BigEyes, in spite of the game REALLY trying. When she huffs and puffs I don't think "ah, she's one heck of a woman and I should be scared". It doesn't build her as a powerful feminine character. I'm thinking "B*tch you were locked up for 20 years and I got you out a great personal risk. The least you can do is hold on the b*thing until we're out".

So what I wanted to sell her to the gipsies? She can switch dimensions. Poof.

I could rant for a year. Suffice to say, this is one of the least flexible games ever. If you don't use their weapons as you progress, you get stuck in the later levels, a serious design flaw. On easy, I should be able to use what I want. No choice on weapons, no choice on path, no choice on morality, ending, or anything, really. Zero replay value.

8 is the best I can do.
  97. Edd
    May 3, 2013
    Absolutely a fantastic game well It's not like the other two Bioshocks but Its good part is that it's very different comparing the other two I mean It happens in the sky graphics are good,storyline OK characters well good Its not 100 epic but its a well done masterpiece and I enjoyed it a lot The sad part in the game was that you can only had to carry to weapons instead of a numberAbsolutely a fantastic game well It's not like the other two Bioshocks but Its good part is that it's very different comparing the other two I mean It happens in the sky graphics are good,storyline OK characters well good Its not 100 epic but its a well done masterpiece and I enjoyed it a lot The sad part in the game was that you can only had to carry to weapons instead of a number of them like the other two bioshock series But in rest the game is fantastic Another part that I wanted to expect is the enemies there weren't that many and were easy to beat even on normal And what I seen like with no words to describe the part was the ending In conclusion I like to say that I enjoyed Bioshock 1 and 2 and Infinite Still its nice it's a nice masterpiece based on the graphics and weapons and music and on the characters but the storyline is kinda complicated to understand Expand
  98. May 7, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite has fantastic art direction, narrative, atmosphere and setting. The gun fights could have been better and more exciting though. There is no need of strategy to the encounters that were such a big and important part of the original Bioshock.

But still. This is a game with so much ambition and heart that I easily recommend this to any shooter fan out there.
  99. May 4, 2013
    I'm a totally fan of first Bioshock. And I had the same feeling when we played it for the first time: a new world very well crafted and convincing. I love Elizabeth, a great character. The combat is a bit chaotic, though.
  100. May 4, 2013
    Ahem....
    Are we getting another lighthouse soon? :D

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]