BioShock Infinite PC

8.6

1. Jul 25, 2013
    Needless to say that the actors, story telling and graphics are perfect. I missed some changes that they made since they first showed the game to the public though, apparently to make it simpler to play and develop, which is fine, they probably tested it over and put it the best way in the final game.

The real problem for me was the 2 weapon system. That's complete BS, I'm playing on a PC, why would I need to be limited on the way I play like people on a controller? I have 10 number buttons for weapons for Christ sake. Besides, the weapons mechanics suffered a real downgrade from previous games, lacking real interesting upgrades, and the weapons themselves are boring, unlike previous Bioshock's. Other than that, I think that the tapes and side stories were a lot less interesting than in the first game, but maybe that's just me.

It's a great game, you can miss it, but the feeling I got after playing it all is that the first Bioshock was better.
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock Infinite is a text-book example of "Sequelitis". It's a good game, and I definitely enjoyed every minute of it, but there wasn't much that really impressed me, and nothing that brought back the awe from the original game. Pretty much every aspect is average. Nothing great, and not much that's broken. The environment looks fantastic, but when you fill it with people, it really loses a lot of its luster. Animations are clunky at best, and aside from Elizabeth's facial expressions there wasn't much to discern the general population from the robots hanging off of the vending machines scattered about Columbia. Combat tends to drag on sometimes, and it would have been nice to see some fights that involved a little more than pumping bullets into people or lighting them on fire all the time. The soundtrack generally manages to capture the time period, voice acting is acceptable, and most of the weapons have a pretty satisfying report when fired. All that said, I do have two MAJOR complaints about BSI, and both are spoilers. The first is the act involving locating the gun-maker. That entire sequence made absolutely no sense, and jumping through Elizabeth's rifts was little more than an incredibly cheap way to accelerate the story. It almost feels like there was more planned, but the developers had to replace it all with a few convenient "alternate realities" that were quickly forgotten about once the act was over. The other issue were the fights with Lady Comstock's ghost. All three or four fights were little more than spending every last bullet in your inventory shooting at zombies that were instantly resurrected the moment you dropped them. I don't know if there was another way to do the fight, but I had to eventually just ignore the peons (which would lead to my health dropping in record time) and just dump everything I had into the actual boss. It wasn't fun, it was just a string of aggravating combat sequences that clashed horribly with the mostly fun battles from the rest of the game. Overall though, I liked BSI. It wasn't great, and there were some moments I wanted to throw my computer through a wall, but I did enjoy it. Definitely a good rainy Saturday title. Expand
  3. Jul 25, 2013
    This game was made with such an addiction to perfeccionizm that you will feel it trough the whole game. Stunning story, great art style, perfect combat with mutliple Vigors and guns. One of the best side characters in game ever. Its true, its not such a blow to your face as Bioshock 1 was but its still a must have title. One of the best games in history.
  4. Aug 13, 2013
    More than just a game this is a work of art! The story is twisted and the ending unexpected. I’m a sci-fi geek, parallel universes and time travel have always fascinated me and BSI really shocked me in the best possible way.
    Combat and gameplay in general are fun and the characters are deep and complex (especially the Lutece twins), the retro atmosphere, the weapons, the stylized graphics, everything is in the right place.
    Bioshock Infinite is simply breathtaking, playing it is a must.
  5. Sep 6, 2013
    BioShock Infinite further proves that video games can be an excellent medium for story telling, having possibly the best story ever told in a video game. Bioshock infinite's use of vigors, skylines and more make the combat fun and repayable. After beating the game you will want to go back through and get all of the collectibles. The game also includes some of the most interestingBioShock Infinite further proves that video games can be an excellent medium for story telling, having possibly the best story ever told in a video game. Bioshock infinite's use of vigors, skylines and more make the combat fun and repayable. After beating the game you will want to go back through and get all of the collectibles. The game also includes some of the most interesting characters to ever have been in a video games including Elizabeth who is a helpful companion that never gets in your way unlike in other games where you had to escort someone. The social commentary in bioshock games has always been a great addition to a game and it is no different here. The city of Columbia is both interesting and beautiful yet dark and mysterious. This game is a MUST OWN! Expand
  6. Jul 29, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a fantastic game by the developers of System Shock and the first BioShock that deserves to be played by everybody. While I agree with many complaints that, yes, the game is WAY overhyped; it is nowhere close to as legendary as the first BioShock.... But that does not mean in anyway that this is a bad game. The graphics are amazing, with one of the coolest color palletsBioShock Infinite is a fantastic game by the developers of System Shock and the first BioShock that deserves to be played by everybody. While I agree with many complaints that, yes, the game is WAY overhyped; it is nowhere close to as legendary as the first BioShock.... But that does not mean in anyway that this is a bad game. The graphics are amazing, with one of the coolest color pallets of any game I've seen in a long while. The only real problem with the graphics is the character models are a little weird looking.The gameplay is phenomenal. My only problem is it feels more like an FPS than any of the previous BioShock games, that had some RPG elements mixed in with the FPS shooting. Now, here comes the part that most of you will disagree with. The story in BioShock Infinite was good, but not great. At many points it became ridiculously convoluted, and would seemingly just add twists and turns for the sake of being confusing, instead of making sense in the long run... kind of like the Matrix sequels. In the end though, this game is fantastic and everyone should play it. No matter the price. Expand
  7. Jul 31, 2013
    A brilliant narrative with a memorable story and an unforgettable ending. Simply put, Bioshock Infinite is as much of a landmark for storytelling in games as the original Bioshock was. The sky city of Columbia is both gorgeous on a technical scale and an artistic one. The gameplay itself is reminiscent of an old-school shooter, though the action is suspenseful and rarely has a dull moment.
  8. Aug 1, 2013
    Amazing graphics coupled with an amazing storyline. Set in a thought provoking and detailed world. As a shooter it is okay, although with many unique mechanics such as Elizabeth assists and Vigors. Has carried over some horror and supernatural type elements from the original Bioshock games, but is rare enough that it shouldn't deter anyone but the most faint hearted gamers. BioshockAmazing graphics coupled with an amazing storyline. Set in a thought provoking and detailed world. As a shooter it is okay, although with many unique mechanics such as Elizabeth assists and Vigors. Has carried over some horror and supernatural type elements from the original Bioshock games, but is rare enough that it shouldn't deter anyone but the most faint hearted gamers. Bioshock Infinite has a level of finesse that is rarely seen in video games. Expand
  9. Aug 2, 2013
    Miałem ogromne zmartwienia co do kontynuacji epickiego Bioshocka. Przeniesienie akcji z klimatycznego, podwodnego Rapture do podniebnej radosnej Columbii, nie wróżyło sukcesem. Na szczęście, pozytywnie się zaskoczyłem. Przepiękna grafika, świetny model strzelania, plazmidy które zostały teraz zamienione na wigory. Szyny, wyrwy, twórcy nadali nowemu Bioshockowi całkowicie inny klimat niżMiałem ogromne zmartwienia co do kontynuacji epickiego Bioshocka. Przeniesienie akcji z klimatycznego, podwodnego Rapture do podniebnej radosnej Columbii, nie wróżyło sukcesem. Na szczęście, pozytywnie się zaskoczyłem. Przepiękna grafika, świetny model strzelania, plazmidy które zostały teraz zamienione na wigory. Szyny, wyrwy, twórcy nadali nowemu Bioshockowi całkowicie inny klimat niż staremu, jednak tej klimat wydaje się być tak samo dobry, nawet nie będąc mroczny. Do tego dochodzi Elizabeth, postać która napędza tą grę, jej pomoc przy walce, jej charakter. Można zakochać się w niej jak w Larze. No i fabuła, muszę przyznać bardziej zaskakującego zakończenie nie widziałem od...od...tak, takiego zakończenia jeszcze nigdy nie widziałem. Całkowicie pobiło ono zakończenie Assassin's Creeda 2 i ostatnio ukazanego Walking Dead'a. Gra co prawda nie jest idealna. Pojawiają się mniejsze bugi, graficznie mogła by wyglądać odrobinę lepiej, i parę elementów można by było zrobić lepiej(np. rozwałkę pod koniec gry).Dla mnie na razie FPS roku jak i kandydat na grę roku. Moja ocena 9/10 Expand
  10. Aug 4, 2013
    the game was stunning and had great story line with and love of Bioshock had a great vibe playing it over and over again to look for secrets and more i give an 8 to it
  11. Aug 4, 2013
    This is the best game that I ever played! Everything worked out just to cheer! Developers thank you so much! I repeat, this is the best game that I ever played!
    Sorry for my English, translated by Google...
  12. Aug 5, 2013
    [GERMAN]
    Unvergesslich!
    BioShock Infinite ist nun schon der dritte Teil der Reihe und auch wenn die Vorgänger immer noch zu meinen Favoriten unter den Computerspielen zählen ist Infinite noch immer beste Teil! Da es so in der Anzeige "So schreiben Sie ein gute Rezension!" steht beginne ich nun mit der Handlung. Infinite spielt nun nicht mehr in Rapture sondern in Columbia, einer
    [GERMAN]
    Unvergesslich!

Infinite spielt nun nicht mehr in Rapture sondern in Columbia, einer epischen Wolkenstadt und Heimat einiger radikalen Christen, betrügerischen Propheten und seltsamen Mädchen... Man selbst spielt den ehemaligen Pinkerton Agenten Booker Dewitt welcher sich Schulden bei den falschen Leuten gemacht hat und nun die junge Elizabeth entführen und nach New York bringen soll. Weiter will ich gar nicht erzählen denn ich will auf gar keinen Fall die absolut Unglaubliche und Unvergessliche Story Spoilern... :)

Damit komme ich zum nächsten Punkt: Was gefällt mir am Spiel! Wie bereits genannt hat das Spiel bei einer angemessenen Spielzeit von ca. 12 Stunden eine tolle Story! Mit bedeutungsschwangerem Intro, einem epischem Aufstieg nach Columbia und einem unvergesslichem Ende! Zudem muss man nicht die Vorgänger des Spiels gespielt haben um mit der Story mitzukommen auch wenn man sich falls man BioShock 1 und 2 gespielt hat umso mehr über Zitate (und Elemente die ich nicht Spoilern darf) freut. Desweiteren bietet das Spiel neben der eigentlich für das ganze Spiel ausreichenden Story noch ein tolles Gameplay da man im Vergleich zu vielen anderen Shootern (Call of Duty, Sniper, etc...) auch selbst Spielen kann und auch verschieden Taktiken hat welche man trotz niedrigerem Schwierigkeitsgrad auch benötigt. Ich kann leider nicht alle guten Seiten des Spiels aufzählen weil sonst niemand dieses Review lesen würde aber etwas was noch unbedingt gelobt werden muss ist die Grafik und das Mapdesign. Im Gegensatz zu den ersten beiden Teilen sind diesmal auch die Menschen sehr gut gelungen und bis auf wenige Texturfehler habe ich nichts entdecken können also auch Grfisch TOP!

Bevor ich zu den negativen Punkten komme möchte ich noch sagen, dass ich das Spiel auch mit einem Singlecore Prozessor und einer Integrierten Intel HD Graphics gespielt habe!

Auch wenn ich das Spiel liebe gibt es trotzdem noch kleinere Mängel wie zum Beispiel die Schuhputzer welche nur so tut als würde er Putzen denn seine Hand ist 10cm über den Schuhen, oder das nicht vorhandensein der Fluchtmöglichkeite aus Kämpfen, doch obwohl ich es Versucht habe konnte ich keine größeren Fehler entdecken...

Als nächstes steht auf der Liste steht "Besonderheiten des Spiels". Also als erstes: Es ist ein BioShock! Auch ohne Rapture, es ist immer noch BioShock! Faszinierende BioShock eigene Texturen sowie BioShock eigenes Gameplay.... Bioshock!

Zu den technischen Problemen will ich nur sagen: Es läuft (wenn auch mit Minimalgrafik) ohne größere Probleme auf meinem 5 Jahre altem Laptop mit 2GB RAM, Pentium Prozessor, Integrierter Grafik,... Jeder normale Rechner sollte es gut zum laufen bringen!

Zu der Frage ob ich das Spiel nochmal kaufen würde: Natürlich! Ich habe das Spiel sofort nach der Bekanntgebung auf Steam vorbestellt SeasonPass und ich habe momentan NICHTS bereut!

Wer das Spiel nicht besitzt: Kaufen! Wer es besitzt und nicht spielt: Warum nicht?! Wer es nicht mag: .....

Hoffe das mindestens Irgendjemand bis hierher gelesen hat LG Sol!
  13. Aug 5, 2013
    This is the game where I have lived every moment. I consider myself to be the most luckiest person ever to play this game. The character of Booker and Elizabeth are simply a piece of mind blowing craft work. An exceptional game I have ever played in my life. This game, I shall remember until my death. BIOSHOCK INFINITE has taken me to the next level in my life. This game literally has itThis is the game where I have lived every moment. I consider myself to be the most luckiest person ever to play this game. The character of Booker and Elizabeth are simply a piece of mind blowing craft work. An exceptional game I have ever played in my life. This game, I shall remember until my death. BIOSHOCK INFINITE has taken me to the next level in my life. This game literally has it all. 10 on 10. Expand
  14. Aug 6, 2013
    Its a good game,They have given so many features interacting with new objects.It has a new story in it which makes things interesting which booker must bring elizabeth in order to save his son but in the end he fails.But the story is not interesting as its previous sequels Bioshock and Bioshock 2 I like the graphics of Colombia the people and etc Will be looking forward to newIts a good game,They have given so many features interacting with new objects.It has a new story in it which makes things interesting which booker must bring elizabeth in order to save his son but in the end he fails.But the story is not interesting as its previous sequels Bioshock and Bioshock 2 I like the graphics of Colombia the people and etc Will be looking forward to new Bioshock game if it comes out Expand
  15. Aug 6, 2013
    I would give it a 8,8. This is my favorite game of all time, and i've played a LOT of games. the carachters are very likeable, the vigors are really fun, the gun play can get really repetative, but a lot of fun. The story is Beautifull. the enemys are interesting. it just got everything i would have hoped for it to be.
  16. Aug 9, 2013
    Best. Game. Ever.
    It's not overrated. It's all about the story, gameplay, and music.
    Graphics? Everything but face expressions are one of the best things i have seen in this gen. Story: I can't describe it. It's like reading a Haruki Murakami book. I'm not talking about the plot: this game twists my emotions and make me feel like a whirl. Music. Oh my god. Epic. Incredible. I want to
    Best. Game. Ever.
    It's not overrated. It's all about the story, gameplay, and music.
    Music. Oh my god. Epic. Incredible. I want to hear it over and over again.
    What else can i say? It's underrated. That's the problem. The Last Of Us sucks. Sorry, but it sucks. I have played it, i know what i'm talking about. Play this. NOW.
  17. Aug 11, 2013
    The game is definitaly not bad. But after seeing all the great reviews I had really high expectations for the game and left the game kind of unsatisfied. First of all the good things: The game looks great, the story is nicely told (while still not being as good as everyone seems to think). The best thing is Elizabeth, one of the few not only cool, but also useful characters. Now to the badThe game is definitaly not bad. But after seeing all the great reviews I had really high expectations for the game and left the game kind of unsatisfied. First of all the good things: The game looks great, the story is nicely told (while still not being as good as everyone seems to think). The best thing is Elizabeth, one of the few not only cool, but also useful characters. Now to the bad things: The gameplay is can't keep up with the rest of the game. It is repetitive, too easy, and seems kind of "yesterday". The other thing which I really didn't like is the lack of replayability. The story keeps you invested in the game but once you know what is going to happen it simply becomes loses all of its appeal.
    All in all I can say Bioshock Infinite is a good game, it is not a waste of your time, but in my opinion is way overhyped.
  18. Aug 12, 2013
    simplemente fantástico ambientes maravillosos un gran paso despues de los anteriores bioshock ya que el pasar de lugares cerrados y oscuros a escenarios abiertos y coloridos le dio una vuelta total al estilo de los juegos anteriores pero eso no lo hizo un mal juego si no todo lo contrario le da un toque fresco la narrativa es similar pero esta claro que no es la misma historia pero sisimplemente fantástico ambientes maravillosos un gran paso despues de los anteriores bioshock ya que el pasar de lugares cerrados y oscuros a escenarios abiertos y coloridos le dio una vuelta total al estilo de los juegos anteriores pero eso no lo hizo un mal juego si no todo lo contrario le da un toque fresco la narrativa es similar pero esta claro que no es la misma historia pero si tiene las mismas baces en fin el juego es toda una obra de arte, gráficamente precioso una trama increíble y una excelente jugabilida. Expand
  19. Aug 12, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a Prime example of story-telling at its finest. The characters are very well developed, mysterious, and complex. The story has THE GREATEST ending lasting roughly twenty minutes of jaw dropping conclusions. Infinite might just have to be one of the best games i have ever played, right next to the original bioshock.
  20. Aug 14, 2013
    Great game! Incredible story and characters. Unfortunately the game play is very repetitive and doesn't feel unique to other shooters. The story itself made me give this game an 8.
  21. Aug 16, 2013
    The first Bioshock game introduced me to a place called Rapture, where self-made men could rule in an un-oppressed environment. When playing through the beautiful settings of Bioshock 1&2, all I could imagine would be how beautiful the next game would be. Infinite far exceeded my expectations on beauty, and amplified the game with a twisting story that connects to Rapture at the end.
  22. Aug 16, 2013
    Colombia is a beautiful city. The story is amazing and I really liked the ending, it got me thinking for weeks. Some things may not be fully explained but that just makes it better and more mystical.
    Vigors make combat much better which is good but overrused A lot of the gameplay is just *go to this destination and kill all the bad guys on the way*. There could've atleast been some puzzles.
    I also missed a map which would been very helpful to complete the few sidemissions.
    But every game has its issues and Bioshock infinite is a must-buy if you like FPS.
  23. Aug 19, 2013
    Amazing graphics, addictive (but simple, I confess) gameplay, perfect atmosphere and a MIND BLOWING history. Seriously, just the history would be reason enough to buy this game.
  24. Aug 23, 2013
    Great game, but overrated. I feel very chocked that the meta-critics gave nothing but 100. I mean, no game can be perfect. There is always something that could be better.
  25. Aug 24, 2013
    Damn, it's one of the best games I've played, the graphics are not great, anyway I love the graphics, has some beautiful colors and can perfectly capture the beauty of Culumbia.
    The dialogues, the maps, the sound, Elizabeth and the history of this game are absolutely amazing
    the only thing I can say about this game is (NOT SPOILER):

The end is everything.
  26. Oct 20, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a great game. It has one of the best stories ever seen in a game. However, the story is obscured by the gun-play. There is too much of it. It isn't Call of Duty. You basically shoot up the place and then there is some story as a reward. Amazing visuals and animation. After a second play through, the original amazing game that you once saw Bioshock Infinite as,Bioshock Infinite is a great game. It has one of the best stories ever seen in a game. However, the story is obscured by the gun-play. There is too much of it. It isn't Call of Duty. You basically shoot up the place and then there is some story as a reward. Amazing visuals and animation. After a second play through, the original amazing game that you once saw Bioshock Infinite as, disappears and you begin to see the flaws in the game. Expand
  27. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is my favourite game I've played this year. However, before I talk about why, I will say that GTA V *might* push it aside. This game is basically everything that's great about the BioShock series without the compromise. Stunning visuals, an incredible story (with an INSANE ending), very enjoyable and intuitive combat and, last but not least, a game world that's somehow moreThis game is my favourite game I've played this year. However, before I talk about why, I will say that GTA V *might* push it aside. This game is basically everything that's great about the BioShock series without the compromise. Stunning visuals, an incredible story (with an INSANE ending), very enjoyable and intuitive combat and, last but not least, a game world that's somehow more interesting and thought-provoking than Rapture was (and that was no easy task). It has a little bit of a slow start but I assure you if you are a fan of the first two BioShock titles, or even if you enjoyed the original BioShock but was put off by how repetitive BioShock 2 was, you will LOVE this game. I am eagerly awaiting the 'Burial at Sea' downloadable content which seems like it will continue Infinite's gripping narrative and ridiculously entertaining gameplay. Expand
  28. Aug 28, 2013
    I have doubts about Half-Life 2 being the Best Game Ever Made now... Can´t decide :)
    The gameplay is even better than bioshock 1... You feel like you are in a complete open world because of the skylines. Vigors (plasmids) never get old.
    Art/Graphics are just beautiful/amazing... I was blowned away all the time.
    The best game ever in therms of story.
    Get it. It's sooooooo GOOD
  29. Aug 31, 2013
    I was hooked on this game right from start to finish, an artistically and visually brilliant game, with smooth gameplay and a depth of story and lyricism. I played it extremely slowly, taking in every small an laboured-over detail. Looking around and just after you open the gates, can't put into words how great it looks. A refreshing game against ones of late.
  30. Sep 2, 2013
    theme,details,world design,characters,dialogues,story everything about this game is just beautiful
    definitely one of the best game ever made
    cant wait for DLC and another sequel of bioshock
  31. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I last played Bioshock 1 5 years ago, it was amazing. For some reason, I felt I should skip Bioshock 2 and go to Infinite. Infinite is an AMAZING game. Brilliant graphics, the most mesmerizing story, stunning effects, weapons, vigors.
    This game was really spot-on.
    The only thing I would fix with this game is that it's kind-of limited in a sense that the game ending shows you SO many possibilities, and yet the scene goes on without any interaction you could make with other worlds. this game could of had been expanded SO much and have a LOT more content. I'm hoping Burial at Sea 1+2 will fill in some gaps with you entering another world Lighthouse.
    all in all this game is amazing and you should play it no matter if you dont play shooters.
  32. Sep 4, 2013
    Atmosphere and art :
    Is nothing short of phenomenal :10/10 Immediately pulls you into the world and has a sense of place
    Soundtrack and Score: 9/10: Well crafted and not overpowering during gameplay Graphics: 7.5/10: Great artwork and atmosphere sometimes let down by muddy textures Story: 8.5/10 Interesting plot and ending however some obvious plot holes let you down now and
    Atmosphere and art :

Soundtrack and Score: 9/10:
    Well crafted and not overpowering during gameplay

Graphics: 7.5/10:
    Great artwork and atmosphere sometimes let down by muddy textures

Story: 8.5/10
    Interesting plot and ending however some obvious plot holes let you down now and then

Gameplay: 7.5/10

The achilles heel of the game the shooting mechanics are poor verging on worse, whith weak sound and little visual oomph. Gameplay is uneven with some areas being too repetetive, that said it has some great parts and riding rails makes up some for the poor gun mechanics
  33. Sep 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my opinion, Bioshock Infinite is the best PC game that I've played by far.The graphics seems smooth on my PC and the gameplay was quite amazing.The best part of the game that i like is the storyline of the game.It is full of twist,mind-bending scenes and lastly that 'feeling' when you truly participate in the game :D Expand
  34. Sep 8, 2013
    Simply Amazing. If you want to play BSI, don't read anything about it, otherwise, the story will be spoiled. The gameplay is great, but gets a tad bit repetitive towards the end, its okay though because it keeps the player occupied, and makes it really satisfying when you fully upgrade a skill. The unique, gorgeous environment in a historical steampunkish setting is the second mostSimply Amazing. If you want to play BSI, don't read anything about it, otherwise, the story will be spoiled. The gameplay is great, but gets a tad bit repetitive towards the end, its okay though because it keeps the player occupied, and makes it really satisfying when you fully upgrade a skill. The unique, gorgeous environment in a historical steampunkish setting is the second most stunning aspect of the game, after it's story. Bio Shock: Infinite is truly unforgettable. Expand
  35. Sep 18, 2013
    Having not played any of the previous Bioshock games before I was not as disappointing as others have been when they compare this games to its predecessors. The first thing that blew my mind in the game was just the colors. That first scene in Columbia made my jaw drop. The gameplay is fun, fresh and excited. There are moments of intense action followed by lulls that allow you to wanderHaving not played any of the previous Bioshock games before I was not as disappointing as others have been when they compare this games to its predecessors. The first thing that blew my mind in the game was just the colors. That first scene in Columbia made my jaw drop. The gameplay is fun, fresh and excited. There are moments of intense action followed by lulls that allow you to wander around and restock ammo, vigors, etc. and take in the beautiful visuals. I did encounter a few bugs that caused me to re-launch the game, but they're excusable and didn't affect this score. The reason that this score got a 9 instead of a 10 is because of the end. I won't spoil it, but if you didn't pick up any of the voxophones (and even if you did find them all) the ending may be quite confusing. However, ending is what makes this game so great. Even months after playing, I found myself from time to time still trying to wrap my head around complicated/glorious plot. Definitely one of my top 10 favorite games of all time. Expand
  36. Sep 20, 2013
    This game is entirely impervious to any complaint which may have applied to its predecessors; with flawless mechanics, beautiful graphics, and a story good enough to rival any King novel, this is a must-play game. There is enough emotional content to keep any novelist happy, while the action is satisfying enough for anyone who just plays games to shoot things (though that would be aThis game is entirely impervious to any complaint which may have applied to its predecessors; with flawless mechanics, beautiful graphics, and a story good enough to rival any King novel, this is a must-play game. There is enough emotional content to keep any novelist happy, while the action is satisfying enough for anyone who just plays games to shoot things (though that would be a terrible waste). All in all, this is definitely one of the most memorable shooters of the decade, if not of all time. Expand
  37. Oct 6, 2013
    I only bought the game now, since it was on sale on Steam. I am actually glad I didn't pay the full price it was selling, when it was released. Anyone, who played Bioshock 1/2 this will feel extremely familiar. Almost pretty much the same. Actually after the Bioshock, this feels mediocre at best. While many thinks the graphics is great (level design are great), the Unreal engine isI only bought the game now, since it was on sale on Steam. I am actually glad I didn't pay the full price it was selling, when it was released. Anyone, who played Bioshock 1/2 this will feel extremely familiar. Almost pretty much the same. Actually after the Bioshock, this feels mediocre at best. While many thinks the graphics is great (level design are great), the Unreal engine is starting to show its age. Animations are lacking and the models look cartoonish. Just as Bioshock before, this game will feel "weird" and out of place and I guess it's just how these bioshock games are. You will feel like, you are in the mind of a mentally insane person, when you play it.
    I'm not sure about why the insanely high score this game received, I wouldn't go more than 65%, just because there is plenty of attention of detail, but the game mechanics are tried and done before twice already. This is really Bioshock in the sky, instead of underwater and you will feel like you have played this game already.
  38. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the greatest games I have played this decade. Draws you in emotionally and delivers on a much bigger scale, up to the nail biting end. With Beautiful visuals, and great character development, this game has reached my top 5 games of all time.
  39. Jan 3, 2014
    Amazing story and the level/character design is just perfect! The story might not hold if you analyze it too much, but its really complex and mesmerizing. The way it levels out when you play is just fantastic. And after you have played it through it makes you think back.

Sadly the game-play "shooter-experience" was pretty dull, and at times really bad. But you dont even think about when you play cus you are so caught up in the visuals and the story.

But dont for the love of god play the DLC. Some rate it high, but I just think its a shadow of the "original" game.
  40. Nov 5, 2013
    The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles. Kudos
  41. Nov 6, 2013
    This story and the theme is great the graphics made me cry from the lighting so pretty but i just couldnt get past the boring gunplay all i wanted was just more story so im rating it 8 for the story but 5 for the gunplay
  42. Jul 18, 2014
    While the graphics environments are quite amazing, the girl is pretty, the story strange. What really bugs me about it from a person who is an American, a patriot and a Christian, I was some what offended by the constant use of Christianity in a negative way and the American founding fathers and ideals in a negative way. Grant it, it is a game and the fictional story is about a falseWhile the graphics environments are quite amazing, the girl is pretty, the story strange. What really bugs me about it from a person who is an American, a patriot and a Christian, I was some what offended by the constant use of Christianity in a negative way and the American founding fathers and ideals in a negative way. Grant it, it is a game and the fictional story is about a false teacher etc using Christian and American ideals to do evil, and this kind of thing can and does happen, but in this game I almost feel the developers are anti-Christian and anti-American. For that reason alone I gave it a lower score and the game play is fairly basic shooter wise nothing really special we haven't seen before outside of amazing graphics. Expand
  43. Dec 25, 2013
    I'm just going to go ahead and say it, the story is amazing. At first it starts out regular with a simple mission but then it gets more complex but in the end the story comes full circle and answers plenty of answers you had. Though there are still some questions you may have at the end, it at least answers and hits on all the main points. By the end of the game I was mind blown at whatI'm just going to go ahead and say it, the story is amazing. At first it starts out regular with a simple mission but then it gets more complex but in the end the story comes full circle and answers plenty of answers you had. Though there are still some questions you may have at the end, it at least answers and hits on all the main points. By the end of the game I was mind blown at what had happened.

The gameplay is good. It plays smooth as a shooter. The only problem I had that kept me from giving it a perfect score is how boring it got looking for stuff. Of course you don't have to look for stuff but if you do there won't be much to find. There seems to be not as much recordings to find compared to the big world your in and most of the time you only find health and vigor when you were already full. Your vigor and health fills up fast too so you'll find yourself constantly leaving behind that stuff and not needing it. In hard mode it might be a different story but I only tried it in normal mode. All that stuff I mentioned though is minor. What really got to me was how useless the different types of powers you get. I literally only used around three of the 12 or so you get and once I got the electric one I stuck with that for the rest the game. I am sure others might find them useful since it feel like the game is trying to offer variety but the other powers literally felt useless to me. The gear you can equip is a nice addition but I had the same problem as the powers in that I found only a few of the gear useful of the plenty of gear that you find. I literally only used the first pieces of gear until the end when I finally found gear that was worth putting on to replace my old ones. The gameplay is smooth though and never had a problem moving around and shooting. Shooting is pretty accurate as well.

The graphics are the most noticeable part about the game. They are gorgeous and you can just stare at awe at the city in the sky right when you get there. Especially on a good pc running on high settings. The characters look great as well and are really believable.

Overall this is a gorgeous looking game with a great story where you will get mindblown away. The gameplay plays really well also. A great example of showing that story game aren't dead and hopefully inspire other developers to come up with other great stories.
  44. Jul 31, 2014
    Considering all the loads of terrible FPS titles in recent years and my bad experience with previous Bioshock titles, I was really pleasantly surprised that Bioshock: Infinite is an excellent story-driven FPS. Hype is again pretty over the top as it always is with Bioshock series, but Infinite is definitely the best piece of the trilogy that I had by far the most fun playing through. Is itConsidering all the loads of terrible FPS titles in recent years and my bad experience with previous Bioshock titles, I was really pleasantly surprised that Bioshock: Infinite is an excellent story-driven FPS. Hype is again pretty over the top as it always is with Bioshock series, but Infinite is definitely the best piece of the trilogy that I had by far the most fun playing through. Is it linear, mainstream etc.? Yes, it still is, but it is extremely well done and I appreciate the effort. 8/10 Expand
  45. Jan 4, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a genius game.
    After you finish the game you have to play it again because the game is hinting the end so well, so when you will play it the second time you will have so much fun.
    Hardcore fans might not like this game because it's just not Bioshock. I can get why people wont like it because they expected a new Bioshock witch this game isn't the gun play in this
    Bioshock Infinite is a genius game.

Hardcore fans might not like this game because it's just not Bioshock.
    the gun play in this game isn't the best but this isn't an fps game its a story driven game.

So to sum it up:
    this game is a STORY based game the story, the art and Elizabeth is the real meaning of the game
    a great game and worth you'r money.
  46. Jan 15, 2014
    I have been playing computer games since the days of space invaders, I have played and seen it all so I'm in no small way fussy and a little jaded. I have never given a game a perfect score so this is a first for me.

At its core Bioshock Infinite is a simple shooter, its not overly clever and its not trying to be. What sets it apart from the crowd is its superb blend of story, graphics and its pure imagination. Its not too much of a stretch to call this game a playable work of art.

I adored every exquisite, artistic moment of this game. There are times when it truly takes your breadth away. I'm in awe of its creators and how far we have come with game technology.

So hey stop listening to me gush. Bioshock Infinite is on EBay and other sites for prices that are an absolute steal. Go get a copy.
  47. Jan 17, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is for sure a top game of 2013 and perhaps of all time. With visually stunning graphics and a story that pulls you deeper than almost any other, the game deserves special attention from true gamers. Bioshock Infinite is a near masterpiece.
  48. Mar 16, 2014
    Good game, good story line and good graphics though i don't kinda like the way it looks.. they just need to improve the gameplay a little bit and make it less repetitive, coz repetitive will bring you to boredom..
  49. Jul 23, 2014
    only two issues:

number of guns and difficulty getting the upgrades right for the weapons I wanted

story got a dlc expansion, but, I'm not bothering with that.
  50. Mar 28, 2014
    From the very first moment I found this game highly overrated by reviewers.
    The game itself is a bit repetitive, I found myself wanting juts to finish rather than enjoying the game.
  51. Mar 30, 2014
    Another modern AAA story "game". The game itself is very basic and cheap: extremely linear tiny levels, poor AI, very short. Half of the game you just wondering here and there, participating in scripted cutscenes, watching something and so on.

Too bad Bioshock replaced true ingame exploration and adventure by this **** casual "story" crap. I guess 90% of budget went to "story", not much left for the game itself. 10$ is a fair price for this game
  52. Dec 9, 2015
    Pros
    Nice atmosphere.
    Good gore.

Cons
    Nonsensical plot full of holes.
    Ridiculous characters
    Devolution of combat from the previous games.

A game slightly below average , I don't hate I don't love it , tomorrow I'll forget about it.
  53. Aug 10, 2015
    Amazing Fps game that stay true to the promise of the genre to which it belongs, good gameplay and story. Somebody say the graphic is not so good etcc.... WHO CARES, please stop to focus on graphics, push the software company to enrich the game itself and not the embellishments.
  54. Jun 27, 2014
    One of the greatest games I have played in a long while. I am not traditionally a FPS gamer but was sucked in by the very excellent storyline. I've played it through too many times now and always find something new. The graphics are stunning and is well thought out in terms of game play. Really, who can pass up the chance to play a game set in a steampunk city in the sky (Laputa anyone?).One of the greatest games I have played in a long while. I am not traditionally a FPS gamer but was sucked in by the very excellent storyline. I've played it through too many times now and always find something new. The graphics are stunning and is well thought out in terms of game play. Really, who can pass up the chance to play a game set in a steampunk city in the sky (Laputa anyone?). So much fun. So many hotdogs in drawers. I have recommended this game to all my game loving friends. Even if you don't like shooter games you'll like this as the story and visuals are the most compelling element. Just play this game already. Expand
  55. Sep 15, 2015
    This is my fave Bioshock game, better characters that I actually felt like I cared about, I like that the characters talk to each other and have banter, previous games only chatter you'd get is from audio logs or a radio message telling you what to do next, environment is visually gorgeous and has an immersive if somewhat convoluted story.
    I like Columbia much more than I do Rapture,
    I like Columbia much more than I do Rapture, swinging around on sky hooks and using a sky hook to swoop down and kill an enemy. I was starting to get sick of Rapture and am glad this game has a different setting.

The game gives the illusion of a vast expansive sky city, it does not have the stuffy claustrophobic feel of the underwater city Rapture. In Columbia you just want to soar and swoop at every chance you can. Though it does make my stomach churn at times using a sky rail is almost like riding a roller coaster.

Elizabeth is an interesting character though at first she reminded me a lot of a Disney princess, the way she moves, expressions in an over exagerated disney princess way, she's almost a rip off of Belle from Beauty and the Beast in how she looks, she has same hairstyle, big over large eyes.

You have a variety of ways to kill enemies you can ask elizabeth to open a tear so you can have more cover, a hook for swinging off, medical kits, guns, turrets, though that is limited as you can only have 1 tear open and active at a time.

But the game is not without frustration.

You can only carry 2 guns at a time which is very limiting, though you can swap 1 gun you are carrying for a gun that's on the ground, you can never carry more than 2 at a time.

Vigors are often the most fun and versatile ways to kill which are the replacement for plasmids but are much more limited in their use as you can't carry salts on you, you seem to run out of salts way too quickly though (salts are the blue energy metre simular to eve) to replenish salts you have to find some sort of drink or a bottle of salts. Usually there are salts nearby or Elizabeth will find and toss you some.

You can't carry first aid kits either but you have a energy shield which is better, you don't lose health unless your shield is fully depleted and if that happens you can just hide till it replenishes.

But even so I found the battles more fast paced and enjoyable than the previous Bioshocks.

I dislike most that there is only auto save and you can't save your game when you want. I wanted to stop playing but it said my last auto save was 10 minutes ago, so had to keep playing for 10 more minutes to get the next checkpoint. It makes it so I have to replay again if I just want to quit playing. The most annoying thing about the game. I had to leave the game running when I wanted a break as my last checkpoint save was half an hour ago, auto saves should be at least every 10 minutes.

There is no hacking, I miss that.
    The only thing that is a tiny bit like it is that Elizabeth can pick locks for you, but there is no mini game associated with it.

To sumarise it overall the game is better in some ways than the other Bioshocks but also worse in other aspects.

The story overall is rather freaky, tragic and messes with your head, I did a lot of reading about it to understand the story fully. But I better not say anything else as I don't want to spoil it for those who have not played and completed the game.

Mostly though it feels enjoyable, fun, scary in some ways and exciting. Though unlike others I would not got so far as to say it's one of the best games I've played. Almost would rate it an 8, but there is too many negatives that the game should not have, it does not deserve more than 7/10.
  56. Nov 15, 2014
    This game is a 10. If you didn't like it then you probably didn't understand what was going on. just shootin stuff. That said, Great gunplay augmented with super powers, great exploration, and fantastic characters, levels and plot. Perfect length. Online there are huge dissertations on how this story plays out and how the bioshock universe works. Gameplay aside, the artistic brilliance ofThis game is a 10. If you didn't like it then you probably didn't understand what was going on. just shootin stuff. That said, Great gunplay augmented with super powers, great exploration, and fantastic characters, levels and plot. Perfect length. Online there are huge dissertations on how this story plays out and how the bioshock universe works. Gameplay aside, the artistic brilliance of this fiction story cannot be understated. It is as detailed and fantastic as a full length science fiction book only you get to see it hear it and play it. If developers put a quarter as much creative thought into their games we would see a mass increase in quality. Expand
  57. Oct 4, 2014
    Pros: -Mesmerizing graphics (It actually makes references to 1900's USA and has rather decent attention to detail.) Best played with decent GPU to maximize enjoyment
    -Unique and interesting plot (It is not a explain-everything-from-the-start game that requires players to explore to learn more. A nice satire of social problems. The ending requires some brain work to digest and should not be taken at face value, which makes it amazing. If my professor calls it great I ain't arguing.)
    -Subtle character development (Some argues that they have 'lousy' character which I object. Their actions and conversations speak little by little and build up through the game.)
    -Music (Just beautiful.)
    -Combat mechanics (From shooting to melee to using vigor, it opens up room for creativity in dealing with enemies)

Cons: -Combat experience (Limited weapon choice and upgrades for a FPS. The shield kind of rewarded players for reckless shooting and hiding.)
    -Lackluster interaction with NPCs (Other than Booker and Eliz, other characters are just part of the story rather than the game.)

Tips: Read up on 1900's history to better appreciate the plot. Slowly digest the story while playing, people who rush to criticize it usually fail to pause and think. It requires understanding of satire and sarcasm to see the plot's golden value,
  58. Apr 8, 2015
    A totally fantastic game.
    a deep story with a nice writing script
    stunning atmosphere of the city Columbus
    impressive characters in the game
    super power is always fun to use
    skyhooks are awesome and gave player some high speed experience
    must be the best Fps shooter in 2013
  59. Dec 23, 2014
    I feel like there is nothing to hate about this game, its gorgeous and the developers actually took their time on this one. It has an amazing story with one of the most well-played characters, and a nice skill system. All of that aside, this game is perfect and everyone would enjoy this game
  60. Jan 15, 2015
    Overall this game is Amazing! The combat is fun and the storyline is great. The graphics are fun and Elizabeth-surprisingly-isn't annoying! There is a wide range of guns and the sky rails are cool.
  61. May 23, 2015
    BioShock Infinite a masterpiece of the series and a nature show The graphics are fantastic gameplay controls liked also liked history and animals that game and to man better than Minecraft
  62. Mar 12, 2015
    This is a brilliant game gripping storyline and graphics well cared for, I was fine for the playability and its particular atmosphere enveloping everything where the impossible becomes (reality) in this particular virtual place. The underlying theme of the first chapters continues even in this chapter and in some moments nearly thrilling.
  63. May 23, 2016
    Everything is just bad. This is like Luigi's Mansion and The Haunted Mansion. This is like playing Disney haunted mansion children's game. Characters, places, weapons, guns are horrible. Face of characters, cloth looks too cartoonist. Story is bad as well. The only part I like is boss part. I love the ghost. I like the last plasmids. Beginning to end was too boring. There wouldn't be muchEverything is just bad. This is like Luigi's Mansion and The Haunted Mansion. This is like playing Disney haunted mansion children's game. Characters, places, weapons, guns are horrible. Face of characters, cloth looks too cartoonist. Story is bad as well. The only part I like is boss part. I love the ghost. I like the last plasmids. Beginning to end was too boring. There wouldn't be much good plasmids. Expand
  64. Nov 1, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite on PC looks far superior to consoles and makes the overall experience that much better. The textures are not just sharper but also have extra fine detail not found on consoles. The gameplay, setting, story and characters are all top notch. One of the defining moments of last gen.
  65. Oct 17, 2015
    내 인생게임 TOP 5에서 당당히 1위인 작품. 스토리 그래픽 미장센 모든것이 완벽했습니다.
    무기소지가 두개로 한정되어서 불편하고 DLC 1부가 무리수가 있었다는것은 맞지만 본편인 바이오쇼크 인피니트에서 보여준 퍼포먼스는 역대 어느 게임과도 뒤쳐지지않을 역사에 남을 명작입니다.
  66. Oct 23, 2015
    Este juego me ha enamorado en todos sus aspectos, no puedo resaltar ninguno, porque todos están resaltados para mi. Es atrapante en todos los sentidos. Brutal.
  67. Nov 28, 2015
    Awful. I have been playing games for a long time. After 2007, I stopped playing hardcore and I played only those games that looked promising. I enjoyed a lot Bioshock so I tried Infinite, and I quit after 4h (could have quit after 2).

I am appalled by the positive reviews. I really think that people who give this an excellent score must be CoD-type games fans, because there is nothing sophisticated, exciting and even remotely innovative about this. CoD has innovated more actually.
    Here are a few points to keep you away from this game:
    linear gallery shooter
    poor shooting mechanics
    poor vigor mechanics
    stupid AI
    textures are of abysmal quality, even for being 2013, and I do not even really care much for the visual part in games
    overusage of bloom shader
    skyhook ends up being a gimmick
    waste of a promising setting like the sky city, instead it ends up being one of the most linear and constrictive titles I have ever played
    gear system does not seem to have much effect, and it is totally unrewarding
    TOO EASY
    I cannot speak for the whole plot because I stopped after a few hours, but if this game is considered by reviewers as a top-notch example of storytelling, I can see why videogames are not held by the same standards as movies, tv and literature as an art form. No subtlety whatsover. Everything is explained to you like you were a dumb kid.
    Beside Elizabeth, BORING characters. After a hour and a half i was already bored of the title because I could see the direction
    I could go on and on, but many people already explained here what is wrong with this games, especially when it comes to the shooting/plasmid mechanics.

if you have a brain and value your time as much as I value mine, avoid this title.
  68. Oct 25, 2016
    This game is fantastic.The graphics are fantastic (they are not realistic, they are highly optimazied). The gameplay is awesome. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things.You can also speed run a lot of it to fininsh game before and youo dont have to kill everyone. Lots of action. If you like Bioshock , if you love video games get this! This is that if you are aThis game is fantastic.The graphics are fantastic (they are not realistic, they are highly optimazied). The gameplay is awesome. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things.You can also speed run a lot of it to fininsh game before and youo dont have to kill everyone. Lots of action. If you like Bioshock , if you love video games get this! This is that if you are a hardcore shooter fan boy.The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth talks with you. I am stunned and it is awesome. Expand
  69. Apr 17, 2013
    Only moderately decent as a shooter but worth playing once through for a reasonably engaging story and imaginative environments. However, playing at turtle speed and strolling around looking at every painting on the wall will only buy you 12-15 hours of game play making the experiencing limited. I felt like I got Act I and then someone decided to cram Acts II III into the last 2 hoursOnly moderately decent as a shooter but worth playing once through for a reasonably engaging story and imaginative environments. However, playing at turtle speed and strolling around looking at every painting on the wall will only buy you 12-15 hours of game play making the experiencing limited. I felt like I got Act I and then someone decided to cram Acts II III into the last 2 hours rather than fully developing a complete AAA game. For that reason, I would recommend waiting until the final edition is released with all DLC and put on sale for $20-$30 which is where the price point is worthy of being for the ride. Expand
  70. Jun 6, 2013
    A mostly fun game, but not one I feel the need to replay since it was very generic most of the time. It's very much a tunnel shooter. This game had a LOT of hype, but was not as good as the original, nor anything that special gameplay or technically wise. Though the story was good.
    It's a 6/10 at best tbh
  71. Aug 25, 2015
    Soooooooo refreshing! With Bioshock Infinite I got everything I expected and more. I have played all earlier Bioshock titles and as much as they did not impress me, I think this particular game is extraordinary. It provides the old Bioshock formula with adding its own spin on everything else. Nowadays it is very hard to surprise me with a game and Bioshock Infinite made me realise againSoooooooo refreshing! With Bioshock Infinite I got everything I expected and more. I have played all earlier Bioshock titles and as much as they did not impress me, I think this particular game is extraordinary. It provides the old Bioshock formula with adding its own spin on everything else. Nowadays it is very hard to surprise me with a game and Bioshock Infinite made me realise again that there is always a way to be innovative and creative. It just takes the right people to pull the strings. I experienced no bugs and no irritation whatsoever, just pure joy of playing. As such, this game deserves to be cherished by the gamers. In my opinion already has a legendary status, that is 10/10 exemplary in terms of how to make a singleplayer pc game. In my opinion it is the 2nd fpp game to reach a note of 10 since Far Cry 3.

Story
    It pulled me in like few games did. Only because of real life tribulations I had to leave the Bioshock Infinite world that is one of a kind. A wonderful fruit of a great mind. I basicly stopped caring about all other stuff I had installed on my HDD at that time. Ending is pretty weak but can`t ruin the overall strong 18 hours of playthrough.
    At first the story is a little slow, then after 30 minutes it picks up. The action is well paced, the breaks between it are great. There is a nice twist, even just about I though it was to close, something happens and the gamer has to deal with different circumstances.
    I found Booker DeWitt to be very well portrayed, even though the player doesn`t see his protagonist. He speaks often in cutscenes, he is clever. Every sensation, every feeling of DeWitt is passed through to the player which leaves an excellent impression. The gamer becomes De Witt as soon as he enters the game world and stays him until the very end.
    Althrough DeWitt is very good, he is not the main character. The main character is Elizabeth. She is perfect. Since Half Life 2 I have never seen a sidekick as good as this. She`s been made perfectly both as story pillar and as gameplay support.
    Elizabeth is everything a real woman is. She is smart, naive, sensitive, loving and charming. She loves to dance, cries, laughs. She enriches the story tenfold and is never annoying. Her unstable relationship with DeWitt is believable and fun like a good lovestory. You see her going about and by the 2nd scene you literally start to think she`s a living woman inside the game. You can get iritated, you can fall in love with her or feel like her father only because she is so believable. At the same time she is a great teammate. She does not need any nursing. In fact, she nurses DeWitt from time to time, handling him ammo, money, salts or health. Every moment along the way you both go, she shows her fears so you pick up on it and feel similar.
    Dialogues between the two leave nothing to be desired.

Graphics
    Upgraded Bioshock 1 engine. Looks excellent even in 2015 and plays well on old hardware.
    There are some low quality textures here and there but not very often, you`d have to really look for it. Every other texture is great. Also the environment is not destructible. However besides that there is this overwhelming attention to detail. Rooms look excellent, open areas look great. Shadows and lightning work is spot on. The color pallette is little cartoonish so to say, but you get used to it pretty quickly.
    Model textures look very good, even singular stitches or patches on clothes. Any model is acceptable whereas Elizabeth looks like creating her took away most of the resources. Her clothes and hair have their own simple physics, she has a whole set of facial animations. By looking at her model a human mind instinctively reads all the emotions that she is supposed to feel, nothing looks wrong here.
    Guns show reflections and are well detailed. Every gun has its own animation. Explosions and all other effects are of exemplary quality.

Interface/Gameplay
    Takes some time to get used to. Fairly easy, not complicated, using as few buttons as possible. Suitable for mouse & keyboard playing. Responsive and smooth.
    There are all guntypes I would imagine mandatory for a fpp game. At first standard stuff that changes in time you progress. As in other Bioshocks, you can do guns only or vigors only or mix it up if you want. The game introduces you to every type and in time you are able to use the equipment effectively.

Music/Voices
    Could not have been done better. Plays along with everything that is shown to the player. Causes to reflect upon the story, enriches the world and characters. Voicework is top notch.
  72. Jun 14, 2013
    Pros: Beautiful graphics. Skylines were fun. Vigors were fun to use. Story was good, and Elizabeth was a great character.
    Cons: Repetitive and formulaic gameplay. The world isn't really "living and breathing" outside of the first part of the game. The Boss Fight. The game is ridiculously easy. Did I mention the Boss Fight?
  73. Oct 17, 2013
    What a contrived load of nonsensical story, poor dialogue, and simple gameplay mechanics. Bioshock was much more ambitious than this and even its predecessor was more ambitious. Breaking down the "plot" in Bioshock Infinite, you would think you've just wasted about four to five hours on a game modeled after the popular Call Of Duty franchise. All throughout, it would seem that theWhat a contrived load of nonsensical story, poor dialogue, and simple gameplay mechanics. Bioshock was much more ambitious than this and even its predecessor was more ambitious. Breaking down the "plot" in Bioshock Infinite, you would think you've just wasted about four to five hours on a game modeled after the popular Call Of Duty franchise. All throughout, it would seem that the developers were obviously held back by technological limitations. From the civilians that act coincidentally very similar to actual automatons, to the linear parths, the empty shops, the poor textures, and the horrendous AI. It is marred by the simple contrivances of a console developed port. The story is bonkers from start to finish, the character interactions are meaningless, poorly developed and poorly paced. Their are moments of combat that are woefully silly with the new "vigors" featured throughout. The visuals are a mixed bag as well and while thematically it explores an interesting locale (though a technologically far fetched one at that), its still not as imaginative as our first foray into the world of Bioshock or even System Shock. I didn't care for the voice acting or the enemy design. When action slowed down, Elizabeth was boring to listen to, comforting her character with a button press was immensely stupid, the vigors were there but hardly useful and the tougher enemies had to be cheesed all over to beat them on hard difficulty. Most of the guns are useless, unimaginative and emulate Call of Duty to a "t" with its visual style text during combat. Now Bioshock wasn't perfect, it certainly lowered the bar frankly when compared to System Shock 1 and 2, but it was certainly better written than Bioshock Infinite for sure and didn't feature the bizarre love/ hate relationship with a vague girl trapped in a tower away from the outside world all her life. Booker's strange commentary was woefully unrealized, their were moments that actually had no bearing on anything and the multi dimensional angle was irritating in its execution. "They remembered being dead," says Elizabeth. Really? I can't recall a moment in time where a game was so predictable, contrived and poorly structured. I hope someday people look back on the mess that it is at a whole and though some mechanics, which were mostly borrowed from other games, shined through, it was still disappointing on every level as a standalone title. If you have a minute, before you play the game or even buy it, read some of the hilarious plot summaries and various rants about the "real" story. Its amazing how much people can read into a videogame that was meant to appeal to Bioshock fans that only owned the Xbox 360 release and most of the Call of Duty games. Expand
  74. Apr 30, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a fine example of quality game-making. The mechanics are smooth, the story is (mostly) well told, the world is immersive and the sound design is some of the best in the industry. However, I have a number of problems with the game as a whole.
    First and foremost, the game is almost fatally repetitive. It is a strange thing because games are, by their very nature, a repetitious art-form, but Infinite has this weird quality about it where you can't help but feel like you're just being pulled along from one firefight to the other. The original Bioshock had a very palpable sense of tension and survival to it. The player got a real sense that the inhabitants of Rapture were universally hostile and bent on killing anything that was foreign to their territory. In Bioshock Infinite, enemies just sort of show up out of nowhere in little waves and start shooting you, over, and over, and over, and over again.
    Bioshock Infinite is also ridiculously easy. I played through the game on Normal and only ran into one instance where I died more than once, and this instance was the final boss-fight. Bioshock had a much stronger emphasis on the importance of looting and resource management. I remember constantly having to juggle between weapons in that game because at any given moment half of them would be out of ammo and I would have to make due with what I currently had. Money was also much more scarce. Conversely, I was practically tripping over money and resources in Infinite. I believe I beat the game with over $6,000 in my wallet and therefore I never even came close to running out of ammo or health. I know that there is the infamous 1999 mode, but Normal difficulty should still pose more of a challenge than that.
    Another issue I have is with the vigors, in that they seem totally arbitrary within the world of Columbia. Now, a friend pointed out to me that they seem to be more of a new thing to Columbia and that is why only a select few (the crow and fire men) have them, but it's still strange to play a bioshock game where vigors, for all intents and purposes, add NOTHING to the plot whatsoever. Plasmids and Adam were essential to the plot of Bioshock and now here are vigors, which are the exact same thing only this time they don't have a reason for being in the world aside from "well, it's a Bioshock game." Another strange thing about the vigors is that I was constantly forgetting to even use them. This isn't to say that they're totally ineffective, but the plasmids in Bioshock were ESSENTIAL to one's survival, whereas here I found that I was getting along just fine most of the time with just capping enemies off with my carbine, at which point I would realize I was incredibly bored and then I would remember "Oh yeah, I can set people on fire."
    Lastly, if you ever take the time to stop and look at anything in Bioshock Infinite closely, you will see that it all looks hideous. Bioshock Infinite is plagued by muddy, low-res textures that the gorgeous lighting effects strain to make up for but never quite do. I have a hard time believing that the game is "too big" for better textures because Far Cry 3 looks generally marvelous and that game has a hell of a lot more to render at any given time than Infinite could ever dream of.
    After all of this, the game is still worth playing and it's actually quite brilliant in small doses. I have issues with the story as well, but I don't want to write a spoiler-y review. Just know that if you take a good, honest look at Bioshock Infinite, you probably won't find the revolutionary, generation-defining masterpiece that everyone is heralding it as. We already got that game and it was just called "Bioshock."
  75. Sep 30, 2013
    Damn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything elseDamn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything else I've played this year in terms of story. Fusing a strong game mechanic and an intricate narrative, BI creates an absolutely vivid and realistic gamine experience. The idea of the city in the sky alone is worth praise. So we have an incredible environment that designed so beautifully and authentically. We have a story that has twists, clever and emotional dialogue, strong narrative and has excellent pacing from start to finish. The game engine is as good as it ever was from the original Bioshock games and plays even better here. The music score is brilliant as usual from franchise composer Schyman as well as the cover songs. The foley, environmental and sound FX are excellent. There are really no faults to be found here. Well... not completely. For whatever reason the Bioshock franchise has had issues with graphics for smaller items at close range. I played this at full settings on DX11+PhysX and the rounded items still look clunky. I'm not sure why this is but it's just a small, visual annoyance. There were also several invisible walls and ceilings here and there that were frustrating. At times there were sticky spots like invisible items on the ground that stopped me as well as some corners that stuck out. Lastly, the Vigor (Plasmid in previous Bioshock games) keys aren't as accessible as they should be. Instead of hotkeys for each Vigor there is a wheel to choose and then a separate key to execute. Since Vigors can be combined it's a bit of a nuisance to have to switch back and forth, especially in tense scenarios. Given all those drawbacks Bioshock Infinite is a milestone in gaming. There is no other game with such fun and excitement blended with an elaborate and wildly imaginative storyline. One last thing: The rails. The wonderful rails. So much fun zipping around in fire fights. I'll never forget how awesome it was! Expand
  76. Apr 16, 2013
    Story Great. Graphics Amazing. Gameplay Below average. Annoying Quirks Many.

Story Great. Graphics Amazing. Gameplay Below average. Annoying Quirks Many.

So yes this is over-hyped. A 95 on metacritic say what? It deserves an 85 tops. The story is really good and the cut scenes are riveting. The voice acting is also excellent. But the overall action is not good enough, especially in 2013. I played through on the Hard setting piece of cake except for the Boss scenes which were impossible. On the Medium setting the enemies were a joke. Scrounging around for ammo and health is a PITA. Searching every corpse and desk...yawn. There just isn't much in the PC FPS category right now. Save your money. Me, I'm waiting for the HL2 final episode.
  77. Mar 14, 2017
    Bioshock Infinite is a mixed bag. It tells a story well (even though the end doesn't really make sense) and it has strong and well unified creative direction. Its themes of prejudice, class struggles, religious cultism and philosophical paradoxes are presented in a powerful and compelling way, without contradictions and with respect for the audience's intelligence. However, as I played IBioshock Infinite is a mixed bag. It tells a story well (even though the end doesn't really make sense) and it has strong and well unified creative direction. Its themes of prejudice, class struggles, religious cultism and philosophical paradoxes are presented in a powerful and compelling way, without contradictions and with respect for the audience's intelligence. However, as I played I found myself wishing for the game to be more like an RPG, and exploring diverging paths and C&C instead of a railroaded story. I also wished the game play were less of a gamey and saccharine shooter and more subtle and realistic. There is something off key about dropping and reacquiring the same set of half dozen weapons and then firing them at the same mechanized clowns I had to repeatedly gun down. The action in this game almost reminded me of being in a pin ball machine. It's glitzy, shallow and just a bit nauseating. While I like the game for the current price, I don't think I'll replay it. Expand
  78. Apr 28, 2013
    I just finished the game and felt the need to write a review immediately. This is easily one of the best FPS I've ever played. Absolutely beautiful setting, aesthetic, and music bring the world of Columbia to life and completely immerse the player into the game. While it appears some people would disagree, I found the story to be fantastic, particularly the ending. Elizabeth was great asI just finished the game and felt the need to write a review immediately. This is easily one of the best FPS I've ever played. Absolutely beautiful setting, aesthetic, and music bring the world of Columbia to life and completely immerse the player into the game. While it appears some people would disagree, I found the story to be fantastic, particularly the ending. Elizabeth was great as both a character and an NPC. I found her to be both realistic and helpful without ever being annoying... which is pretty rare for a companion NPC. The gameplay is pretty similar to the original Bioshock and is perfectly adequate when compared to other top-tier FPS games. I did find that certain vigor/equipment/gun combinations were completely overpowered though, so there could have been a bit more balance. I also wish that the textures were higher resolution and that the game put more emphasis on exploration, but that's just me nitpicking. Overall it was an amazing experience. Expand
  79. Apr 22, 2013
    Pretty good story, though I want to know more about Elizabeth. I feel like her past is still empty. I agree she is one of the best companions in a game thus far. Her mannerisms and personality make her instantly likeable and you appreciate her company through the entire game. Stunning visuals, great sound, animation is top notch! Combat gets very repetitive and weapons become a chore.Pretty good story, though I want to know more about Elizabeth. I feel like her past is still empty. I agree she is one of the best companions in a game thus far. Her mannerisms and personality make her instantly likeable and you appreciate her company through the entire game. Stunning visuals, great sound, animation is top notch! Combat gets very repetitive and weapons become a chore. Highly recommend, as this game is brilliant. Expand
  80. Apr 20, 2013
    My rating is based on the super graphics and the somewhat unique approach to the coming of the messiah. The shooter end of the game is okay, but somewhat annoying. I would like to find at least one game where you can kill an opponent with one shot. Still, the game lives up to the hype, but personally I prefer the first two Bioshocks.
  81. Apr 24, 2014
    The good, the game has probably the best atmosphere I've ever experienced in a game. Certain parts of the game just ooze ambiance and you can tell that the people at Irrational gave total thought into every single set piece that was placed. The game has probably the best environment I've ever seen in a game and its' pretty much the sole reason the game gets a 6. The atmosphere is topThe good, the game has probably the best atmosphere I've ever experienced in a game. Certain parts of the game just ooze ambiance and you can tell that the people at Irrational gave total thought into every single set piece that was placed. The game has probably the best environment I've ever seen in a game and its' pretty much the sole reason the game gets a 6. The atmosphere is top notch and you literally can't help but not be awed by the sight of Columbia. The bad, well it has this great atmosphere in a floating city but for most of the game you're exploring confined spaces. In all 8 hours I played in only a ten second span, did I feel like I was in a floating city. This was when the PC had to traverse a ledge to get to another point in the area. Another problem, the game uses checkpoints to save your game. The game prizes itself on exploration to flesh out the world through audio and visual diaries, such as Bioshock 1 and 2 yet at times I noted myself having thirty minutes between saves due to me exploring. I found myself rushing exploring just because I had to go to work or school. Another problem, there's not much variation in enemies or is there much of a challenge. The most challenging enemy called a, "Handyman," is only encountered around six or seven times and its' the only time you'll ever encounter a challenge. The gameplay is distinctly average, which is a shame. The game shares problem with third person shooters, in that it they telegraph where fighting will occur. The vigors also feel like direct rip offs from Bioshock 1 & 2 yet are harder to aim. The games story is decent, but the foreshadowing is literally jammed down your throat. and not only that but its' confusing as hell towards the end and makes no sense. I paid $7.50 for the game and it took ~8 hours. Overall the game's decent but don't expect the second coming of first person shooters. Expand
  82. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is one of the few I will call excellent, with tight game play, interesting characters and a story that was both interesting and poignant. It actually made me misty eyed at the end.

The only criticisms I can level are that it is possible to miss details of the story if you're not paying close attention but also that it does not fully resolve the ending. Maybe the designers intended to leave it ambiguous as to whether that.... bed.. is empty or full.
  83. Jul 13, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is, first and foremost, a great successor to Bioshock and Bioshock 2, and refines and polishes not just it's core gameplay mechanics but it's politics, narrative and characterisation, with most (if not all) of the difficulties of the previous games corrected. The first thing that strikes you when playing Infinite is the sheer quality of it's production, the level ofBioshock Infinite is, first and foremost, a great successor to Bioshock and Bioshock 2, and refines and polishes not just it's core gameplay mechanics but it's politics, narrative and characterisation, with most (if not all) of the difficulties of the previous games corrected. The first thing that strikes you when playing Infinite is the sheer quality of it's production, the level of detail put into it's graphics and audio is second-to-none. It's rare also to see a game so well-researched, and so sure if it's ideas and to stick to it's convictions so thoroughly, to trust it's audience with serious themes, in particular racism, in such a way that neither waters it down or trivialises it with melodrama. And then there are quantum mechanics applied in an intelligent, complex manner inevitably, these themes are not for everyone, but once again this is something Levine and co should be applauded for sticking with so consistently, to believe in the intelligence of their fans and not be put off at risk of alienating those more used to Call of Duty's cod-melodrama.

Perhaps the most striking component for me when playing Infinite is the character of Elizabeth. I haven't yet seen a game do an AI counterpart so effectively she is a consistent part throughout the game, a dynamic character with an authentic rapport with DeWitt that works seamlessly with the game's busy and less busy periods (though to be sure, this is a considerably more action packed game than Bioshock ever was). Some players have criticised the simplification of some mechanics such as lockpicking, which is now handled by Elizabeth (upon the player's request). This is a great deception by the game you are still initiating the action, you are still in control, but the game is using a character who responds believably to fulfill the action, whilst often using the opportunity for a quick dose of exposition. Other features, such as finding codes or keycards are essentially removed, and this is clearly for the benefit of the flow of the game this is pretty much entirely a journey taken with someone else, and to have a bunch of mini-games would distract from this relationship.

These elements have been attempted (and not badly done, necessarily) before, most notably in Half-Life 2 (and increasingly in it's following episodes), but this so far is the apex of the design principle of AI counterparts it feels right, it's consistent, it's never, ever in the way of combat. There is no friendly fire, Elizabeth doesn't fight your enemies, but rather assists with health, ammo and salts (essentially ammo for the tonics, the more general variant of Bioshock's plasmids). Combat is fast, furious, bloody and dynamic with the inclusion of rails that twist amusingly like interactive rollercoasters throughout the games larger exterior combat areas an interesting point to make too, in that Bioshock's claustrophobia is largely replaced with vertigo, and this is reflected in the combat appropriately.

To summarise, Bioshock Infinite is the apex of the action game with increasingly streamlined RPG elements, an interesting path considering the classic predecessor of System Shock 2, an altogether more complex, slower paced and more scary title. But what Infinite places instead of the slow creeping dread of System Shock 2 and Bioshock is a grander sense of horror, the horror of racism and revolution, with all of it's moral ambiguities intact. It is superb.
  84. Oct 27, 2013
    Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot.Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot. So, I'll just leave it as this: this game will not leave your psych for days after you have completed the game. Expand
  85. Jul 13, 2013
    While benefitting from a gorgeous aesthetic design, a top-notch opening and some great voice acting, Bioshock Infinite is a deeply flawed entry in the 'Shock' series, and possibly the weakest thus far. Carrying over the basic gameplay from Bioshock, Infinite suffers from a shallow combat system that is both overlong and out-of-sync with the story & characters. Whereas both System Shock 2While benefitting from a gorgeous aesthetic design, a top-notch opening and some great voice acting, Bioshock Infinite is a deeply flawed entry in the 'Shock' series, and possibly the weakest thus far. Carrying over the basic gameplay from Bioshock, Infinite suffers from a shallow combat system that is both overlong and out-of-sync with the story & characters. Whereas both System Shock 2 and Bioshock were set in dystopian, ruined cities, Infinite is set on the still-functioning city of Columbia; this makes the scavenging mechanic seem oddly contrary to how the city is painted during the opening, as do the "vigors" that take the place of Psy powers and plasmids but add nothing meaningful to the world or the people inhabiting it. The story itself is fairly well-presented and has an exceptional opening and a satisfying conclusion (a first for a shock game) but loses momentum and becomes a slog in the middle. Overall, Bioshock Infinite is a decent game with a good story that could've been vastly improved if it were a new IP rather than trying to be another shock game. [7.4] Expand
  86. Apr 20, 2013
    As someone who didn't really enjoy the first two games that much, I found Bioshock Infinite to be an incredible experience. It has some strong satire that I found to be shocking and refreshing. The campaign is fairly long, voice acting is excellent, production value is absolutely insane. The PC version runs and looks the best by far.
  87. Oct 17, 2013
    This game does average things well and good things bad. Let me explain. The developers have used some clever effects such as lighting to make the average and simple graphics on this game bright shiny and very polished looking. However after several hours an experienced gamer will see the graphics and textures for what they are, simple.
    So after you have finished marvelling at the shiny
    So after you have finished marvelling at the shiny graphics and started playing the game there is no escaping the fact that the game is extremely boring. The very imaginative setting is utterly wasted on a truly uninspiring
    storyline that would have goldilocks screaming about copy write violations.
    But the game is not a RGP it's a shooter I hear you say. Well it is a shooter but a very dull one at that. Let me tell you why. Head shots don't really count!!! Each bad guy has a read bar that needs to be depleted. There are about 2 usable weapons to choose from and every fight is essentially the same. You will always be fighting in a square surrounded by building or in a building which is roughly the same dimensions as the streets. You have 3 different types enemies to kill throughout the whole game.
    The AI is awful.
    This game has some good points but if you are looking for something more this game is not for you.
  88. Sep 12, 2014
    Infinite is a great game, but I didn't find it to be the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be. The story is interesting and the ending will have you guessing what the heck just happened. But it honestly didn't draw me in and make me want to keep playing.I'm a huge fan of story based games but this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that the combat isn't as good as previousInfinite is a great game, but I didn't find it to be the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be. The story is interesting and the ending will have you guessing what the heck just happened. But it honestly didn't draw me in and make me want to keep playing.I'm a huge fan of story based games but this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that the combat isn't as good as previous games, the graphics are slightly dated (most likely due to consoles holding PC back so i can't really blame the game), the pacing is off, and there really isn't anything to due after you beat the game. In previous Bioshock games, you choices mattered and changed the ending. There is only one ending in Infinite and that's disappointing. However the game still gets many things right. The atmosphere is fantastic, Elizabeth's AI is great and the fact that she actually helps you in combat is something that more games should seek to add. I definitely enjoyed my time with the game and recommend playing it, just don't expect the flawless masterpiece so many people claim it is. Expand
  89. Nov 21, 2015
    Game: Bioshock Infinite
    Genre: First Person Shooting - Horror
    Developer: 2K Games System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 93/100 Value Score: 9.3/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Main protagonist actually has a personality/character compared to
    Game: Bioshock Infinite

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Main protagonist actually has a personality/character compared to the first two Bioshock games
    +The buddy system with Elizabeth is a unique and fresh breath of air to the series
    +The setting and environment is nicely done - has a mixture of the dark atmosphere that BS1 had and a unique colorful vibrant atmosphere as well unique to the game
    +The DLC consists of two episodes which continues the storyline but with a twst and also contains a arena mode type of mini game allowing you to challenge yourself in combat
    +The story adds humor and dramatic story telling compared to the previous games
    +Voice acting is fantastic and goes well with the storytelling
    +Many key elements from the original Bioshock games come back both in the main game and in the DLC

Cons
    -In the main campaign you can only carry two weapons at a time however in the DLC you can carry as many like in Bioshock 1
    -Not many mini games in Infinite compared to Bioshock 1 except until episode 2 of Burial at Sea DLC
    -Difficulty in Bioshock Infinite gun game combat is easier than previous games
    -There are some lazy designs in some of the models such as the environment (i.e. Apples in a basket)
  90. Sep 13, 2013
    Sadly not as enjoyable as the first two games, Infinite lacked the subtle story-telling of Bioshock 1+2 and went for a (literal at points) hand-holding approach. Underwhelming and easily forgettable, with forced characters, forced drama, 'threatening' situations are told to you, rather than an actual repercussions possible.

BioShock Infinite misses the magic of the first two games.
  91. Oct 15, 2013
    An immersive shooter, with loads of wonderful art, decent graphics and excellent voice acting, taking you through a neat, kinda cool story. There are some not-so-nice features, like the fact that it is hardly challenging except during horrible, unjustified boss fights. And except where you might forget to walk back all level to replenish your ammo before entering the evil tower of doom,An immersive shooter, with loads of wonderful art, decent graphics and excellent voice acting, taking you through a neat, kinda cool story. There are some not-so-nice features, like the fact that it is hardly challenging except during horrible, unjustified boss fights. And except where you might forget to walk back all level to replenish your ammo before entering the evil tower of doom, because there is suddenly no ammo around there. Odd, given that you would find ammo even in an ice-cream shop. Even so, you should be able to club everything to death.

Anyway, I got this for 20EUR and at this price, it is absolutely worth it. It is imaginative, fun, the pacing is great, and generally it's a thrilling, part funny, part melancholic rollercoaster to the end. My score reflects my enjoyment of this product at that price. Should you pay 40EUR (or, God forbid, even more), make it 6/10, as the whole game is quite short actually. 12 hrs and you would have done like everything possible.
  92. Dec 28, 2013
    There's something magic about this game no doubt about it. I applaud the developers for yet another awesome job for this third game in the series. I can really see the passion and the heart that went into this game. From the voice acting to the character animation to the art style and etc. I don't even know what to say. If you've played the past two games you know there's always some kindThere's something magic about this game no doubt about it. I applaud the developers for yet another awesome job for this third game in the series. I can really see the passion and the heart that went into this game. From the voice acting to the character animation to the art style and etc. I don't even know what to say. If you've played the past two games you know there's always some kind of twist in the story. I was expecting this, and predicting all sorts of things like: "this person will betray me," "I am a test subject in an experiment," but boy was I wrong in all of my speculations. The story still managed to blow me away and take me by surprise. Honestly, if this story were turned into a book I'd bet it would become a best selling novel (not that I read a lot of books but hey I know a great story when I hear one). Most people who dislike this game either didn't understand the story, or are just being hipster and hating on the "mainstream" and "overhyped" things. I did not even know this game was "hyped", and honestly, if you take time to listen to all of the dialogue and follow the progression carefully, and reflect on it at the end, you will understand the story just fine (and I checked an online source for clarification too, because the ending was just so incredible and fantastic). And make sure you watch after the credits, because that's the REAL ending of the story.

Graphics aren't the best in the industry but it more than does the job. If I could describe the environment and the visual aspects of this game in three words: euphoric, breathtaking, and artistic. I notice in these bioshock games, there's something signature about the atmosphere, or mood while you're playing the game. It is unlike any other. Is it the ominous violin music? The 1900s era furnishings? The way people talk? It's all very distinct to me, and it stands out from all the other games.

In this game you get a female companion, and wow, I have never ever seen a companion AI done so well. No matter where you are, she will interact with the environment and talk to you about things. Her body and facial animation is flawless. I never felt like this while playing a video game before, but I felt like I was talking to a living, breathing human being. She was the farthest thing to one of those companions you get in the fallout or oblivion series, where the guy just follows your every step and spits out lines over and over. This character clearly has a personality, and a likable one too, with a mind of her own. It was almost like this character was being played by another human, the way she led the way wherever I was heading, and the way she wandered and said quirky things. She also is very handy in combat, and most of the time she will throw you ammo, or other items just when you think you need it. This was one of the biggest reasons why I became so engaged into the game.

The reason I gave this game a 9 instead of a 10 is because I felt the ending was way too rushed. It was brilliant, but I felt that it needed to be slower paced. when the game was over I felt that my mind was raped with too much happening all at once. I had to sit down and think for a few minutes to process what had happened. But also, regretfully, I felt that the ending missed a great opportunity to give closure with great emotional depth like in the previous games. I'm not gonna spoil it for you, but the end of this game didn't make me tear up like in the last two games, and I love it when games can be that powerful. The ending of this game could have had the same emotional impact on me had it included more "drama," but it ends kind of just too abruptly without much emotion in my opinion. Sorry if that classifies as a spoiler for you but it's just what I thought.

Other than the ending which was a bit emotionally shallow for me, the rest of this game more than makes up for it, and I would definitely recommend it to literally anyone. You do not have to play bioshock 1 and 2 to understand this game.
  93. May 1, 2013
    I have never been interested in Bioshock series before. But Bioshock Infinite completely changed my point of wiev. This game is totally awesome. Firstly, I have never seen such a storyy in computer games. After end, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I had to play this game again. Secondly, Elizabeth replace Alyx V. as the most interesting NPC in games. Her emotions is so natural thatI have never been interested in Bioshock series before. But Bioshock Infinite completely changed my point of wiev. This game is totally awesome. Firstly, I have never seen such a storyy in computer games. After end, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I had to play this game again. Secondly, Elizabeth replace Alyx V. as the most interesting NPC in games. Her emotions is so natural that there is no way to dislike her. And these two things create propably the best game I've ever played! Now I'm getting familiar with previous parts of Bioshock. Expand
  94. Dec 23, 2013
    The best FPS out there at the moment, the story is the best I've ever seen in a shooter, I even think that is better than it's predecesor (Bioshock and the gameplay is great with the addition of the vigors (plasmids for Bioshock and Elizabeth, great character and partner that helps in combat summoning elements like cover, turrets or decoys, also the sky-rails are awesome, the gave theThe best FPS out there at the moment, the story is the best I've ever seen in a shooter, I even think that is better than it's predecesor (Bioshock and the gameplay is great with the addition of the vigors (plasmids for Bioshock and Elizabeth, great character and partner that helps in combat summoning elements like cover, turrets or decoys, also the sky-rails are awesome, the gave the game high speed action moments.
    the only problem I have with this game is that you are retricted to carry only 2 weapons unlike the previous games in wich you could carry all the weapons you found.
  95. Apr 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a promised and delivered game that all Bioshock fans have waited the extended dates for. Not only is the gameplay mechanics the best part about this game, the story will drive you to figure out what's going on and what to do. It turns into a simple task of search and rescue into the most mind-blowing chain of events a game has ever created. The soundtrack will make youBioshock Infinite is a promised and delivered game that all Bioshock fans have waited the extended dates for. Not only is the gameplay mechanics the best part about this game, the story will drive you to figure out what's going on and what to do. It turns into a simple task of search and rescue into the most mind-blowing chain of events a game has ever created. The soundtrack will make you feel at ease or tense your spine from the hardcore action. It changes from the walking around under the ocean to mid sky battles on the rails. I rather find it interesting what they have done with the game and was worth the hype and money. Not perfect since of some minor bugs in the game, but definitely better than a 7. Give this game a go, and see what the game has to offer. Its beautiful, brilliant, and a must have. Expand
  96. Dec 12, 2013
    Let me start by saying that Bioshock Infinite would rather be a much better movie than a game. It setting and story are way beyond average, lits sublime actually....But the awfull gameplay makes it a pain to reach till the end, cause battling all those enemies doesnt contribute anything to the story, and you battle a awfull lot of them, becoming very tedious even in the beggining. A goodLet me start by saying that Bioshock Infinite would rather be a much better movie than a game. It setting and story are way beyond average, lits sublime actually....But the awfull gameplay makes it a pain to reach till the end, cause battling all those enemies doesnt contribute anything to the story, and you battle a awfull lot of them, becoming very tedious even in the beggining. A good game in general, with a fascinating story, superb sound and beautiful art style but with terrible gameplay. Expand
  97. Sep 20, 2014
    Seeing as this is my first every Bioshock title I've played, I was pleasantly surprised to see how enjoyable the experience was despite being a newcomer to the series. The game is a competent FPS action-adventure with an intriguing storyline that entices you to keep playing more in order to solve the mystery about Elizabeth Comstock and the strange floating city of Columbia. Along withSeeing as this is my first every Bioshock title I've played, I was pleasantly surprised to see how enjoyable the experience was despite being a newcomer to the series. The game is a competent FPS action-adventure with an intriguing storyline that entices you to keep playing more in order to solve the mystery about Elizabeth Comstock and the strange floating city of Columbia. Along with high production values that you'd expect from a AAA title, it's no surprise that this title rated so well when released over a year ago. Expand
  98. Oct 1, 2013
    The graphics are absolutely stunning, controls are just fine, and I did not run into any major bugs. The storyline is also very good, and it is obvious the creators took the time and effort to create a premium game for the premium price it demanded. Problem is, that's where the game falls short it is not worth the premium price because there is no replay value. Extremely linear game play,The graphics are absolutely stunning, controls are just fine, and I did not run into any major bugs. The storyline is also very good, and it is obvious the creators took the time and effort to create a premium game for the premium price it demanded. Problem is, that's where the game falls short it is not worth the premium price because there is no replay value. Extremely linear game play, weak enemies and a short campaign made me want more. This game has been around long enough that the hype has died down considerably, and people have moved on so it is on sale quite often. Buy it then. Expand
  99. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is very charming, and once you get to the end you feel a sense of aw and accomplishment. The story drags you around a lot and you have to think for yourself about what everything means, which is a good thing. This game does not have the charm the original Bioshock has, nor is it as fun, however it is still a rewarding experience. My experience with the game is that the combat isThis game is very charming, and once you get to the end you feel a sense of aw and accomplishment. The story drags you around a lot and you have to think for yourself about what everything means, which is a good thing. This game does not have the charm the original Bioshock has, nor is it as fun, however it is still a rewarding experience. My experience with the game is that the combat is a bit boring in some, not all, situations and that the combat is just filler between plot points. Playstation move was a lot of fun to play with and made combat a bit more interesting. Definitely a game worth playing, however it's fun factor is just a bit lacking. Expand
  100. Apr 24, 2013
    BioShock Infinite story is just awsome and it's first for long time that have awsome story but there was something that in the game that was not that good thing at all and that was the immortality.

Graphics are really good but there was some small areas are bit poorly optimized that made FPS drop a lot even on really small areas that had water somewhere but other then that game runs really well on max settings.

but most best part of game is own AI partner that you don't have keep her alive and you just can forget her and focus killing enemys also AI partner gives HP when your HP is low, she can give you ammo when ammo is low and salt when your salt is low.
    Also she give you money that you can use upgrade weapons, skills and buy ammo.

The enemy AI is not the best but they give some challenge by haveing high accuracy that keeps you move alot and take cover too and some times enemy AI is just stupid and makeing then bit you easy to kill.

Now the immortality thing it's a most worst thing in the game tha made it bit too easy because every time you die you spawn in small room but all enemys you killed are dead and when you have own AI partner without she revive you on area where mostly are no enemy near the area where you died.

Bioshock Infinite is a good game but not perfect but the story is that make this a good game.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]