8.5

1. Mar 31, 2013
    This game truly be called great, where both great gameplay, story and characters. Surprising how does Irrational Games takes to detail, Ken Levine-and created a world that does not want to leave, which fascinates her beauty and penetrates for long in your mind!
    Outcome: BioShock Infinite this is the greatest work of art.
    10/10.
  2. Jul 18, 2013
    This game is just another over hyped piece of crap. I loved the first Bioshock and the second was pretty good. This game shouldn't even be allowed to be called Bioshock. The game is pretty but that doesn't make a game good. It was super easy and repetitive. It's nothing more than a glorified shooter. Nothing about it screamed Bioshock. I realize that since this takes place before Rapture,This game is just another over hyped piece of crap. I loved the first Bioshock and the second was pretty good. This game shouldn't even be allowed to be called Bioshock. The game is pretty but that doesn't make a game good. It was super easy and repetitive. It's nothing more than a glorified shooter. Nothing about it screamed Bioshock. I realize that since this takes place before Rapture, there aren't Plasmids, but "Vigors", but they're all stupid and useless. The AI are dumb and the weapons are terrible. You basically stick with two the whole game. Elizabeth isn't a very helpful AI. She's super annoying. Every 30 seconds I'm being tossed some salts or currency while I'm in combat. There is literally no exploration in this game what-so-ever. If you want to "explore", you need to have lock picks for Elizabeth to unlock doors for you. The story makes zero sense until you get to the ending. I don't understand why people have a hard time understanding it, It's an extremely easy concept to grasp. I understand it better than the people who adore this game, and I hate it. So that should say something about the nitwits who think that this game is a masterpiece. Overall this game was a huge waste of $60. Never buy into the hype for video games, because you will always get burned. Expand
  3. Aug 25, 2013
    As a lot of people have said, overrated and over-hyped.

As a lot of people have said, overrated and over-hyped.

The story takes itself too seriously and ends up making no sense, trying to stand out but failing. Gameplay is very bland, giving you limits on how you play the game. Vigors (the new plasmids) are completely irrelevant to gameplay but only a few times. The sky rail mechanics are broken and should not be used at all if on higher difficulty.

I hate how people are so blinded by JUST the story and Elizabeth, who is the only interesting character in the game. Booker is a boring, static, and cliche protagonist. The AI are absolutely retarded when fighting. The handyman is the only exception to the bad enemy AI.

Graphics are bland and covered by bloom, hdr, and lighting effects. Textures are mediocre to poor.

The BI team obviously focused too much on story-telling to make this a top notch shooter. The only reason I gave this a two because of the good ideas and concepts (floating city, steampunk/dieselpunk style, enemy design). I hate to be writing a review like this, but I just can't get into this at all.
  4. Aug 27, 2013
    More like bio**** if you know what im saying....
    it's crap, boring weapons, very repetitive, ending written by a high dog about quantum worlds and ****
    More like bio**** if you know what im saying....
    because everyone knows what quantum mechanics mean, you can say al kinds of random and everyone's mind wil be ''blown''. Elizabeth seems to be ignored by al the enemies and just tosses you to make the game easier, because it's already extremely easy, you have regenerating shields just like al the modern shooters and the only threat is the boring ghost boss or the handymen who are just stupid bulletspunges. The e3 demo was a lie as well, stealth and choices aren't in the game (choices that change the game's story or gameplay). The weapon upgrades cost a ton so you will be only use the same weapons throughout the game and the upgrades are boring as hell, it's always +10 percent accurcy, damage, less recoil, you name it. People who call this game an artistic statement are just really ignorant. The game touches a lot of ''controversial'' topics, but none of them actually influence the main story. It's is just there to make an impact on people who have never read a good book because this story is Elizabeth seems to be totally shocked when you kill someone for the first time but continues to stop giving a afterwards and just throws weapons to you like it was her job.
    The graphics are rushed with a lot of blooming effects, which is cheap but i actually prefer such cartoon like graphics over realistic ones (although this game runs like even with my titan). Only if you are in to some good voice acting and some pretty enviroments this game can be worth about 10 dollars, but otherwise just stay away from it. I mean really people, how can this game with such a repetitive gameplay and cheap story be rated by some people as the best game ever.
    A huge dissapointment.
  5. Aug 19, 2013
    Exactly the path video games SHOULDN'T be taking. Dumb down every aspect of gameplay, throw in a cliche story to make the simpletons feel smart, and put the rest of your budget into marketing.

A shallow excuse for a sequel, and an even shallower excuse for a video game. This is a $60 flavor of the month title that will be forgotten within a few year, do not support these kinds of titles.
  6. Mar 30, 2013
    Nothing bad to say about it! Lots of fun and great storytelling. Only annoyance is Elizabeth flipping a coin to you every 30 seconds while in the middle of combat, but she is quite helpful anyway. Graphics are really nice, and the game is full of detail. 9.5
  7. Apr 13, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite have a lot of really strong points. The graphical design in the game is absolutely amazing and the environments you are in are absolutely gorgeous. Not only that they also just oozes with the atmosphere that goes hand in hand with the Story. And the story is great and it contains a lot of interesting subjects and characters. The game also manages to tell its story throughBioshock Infinite have a lot of really strong points. The graphical design in the game is absolutely amazing and the environments you are in are absolutely gorgeous. Not only that they also just oozes with the atmosphere that goes hand in hand with the Story. And the story is great and it contains a lot of interesting subjects and characters. The game also manages to tell its story through the environment and audio logs just as in the previous games in the series.The only complaint i have regarding the story is that it lacks player interaction both in general and in interaction with characters in the game. But this game is a first person shooter and you are going to spend the majority of your time shooting stuff. The exploring is still there from the previous games but its not as fleshed out in this game since there are less stuff to find and the maps are more linear. Now the shooting is alright. Its is by no means terrible buts its not especially good either. The enemies are unvaried and feels like bullet sponges which makes the whole combat feel dull and unresponsive. The two-weapon limit is a total buzzkill and it doesnt help that the weapons in the game is nothing out of the ordinary. The vigors can be quite enjoyable but the meat of the combat is the shooting which is not that great. There are also some quite annoying boss battles in the game. Now the railways in the game are fun to use and the big open combat arenas in the game with height differences, tears, railways and turrets are where the games most enjoyable fights takes place. Sadly too few areas are like this and the combat can never really escape the fact that the basics arent all that great. it doesnt help that the combat is quite unvaried. Its not that i wish for bloody turret-sections every hour to spice things up but if you are going to make the player constantly shoot stuff the entire game (took me 11 hours on hard) then the shooting should be good enough to carry the game. And in this case the combat is not able to do that. Its hard to rate this game since the combat is average while everything else is pretty much amazing. But i do recommend this game despite its problems simple because how well they managed to pull of the everything besides the combat. Expand
  8. Apr 1, 2013
    This game has an absolutely amazing world to explore as well as a very intriguing story, but lets not pretend it is perfect. Do not get me wrong, this game is a worthy buy and a great game, but there are several serious flaws that kept this game from being legendary; Where the graphics can truly be amazing at times, occasionally some textures or models will look like they had been furtherThis game has an absolutely amazing world to explore as well as a very intriguing story, but lets not pretend it is perfect. Do not get me wrong, this game is a worthy buy and a great game, but there are several serious flaws that kept this game from being legendary; Where the graphics can truly be amazing at times, occasionally some textures or models will look like they had been further outdated than the original Bioshock (which was still rather good;) Some scripted events involving NPCs encountered while exploring are downright horrible; Small holes in the story that never get answered take away from what could have been a flawless performance; Excessive overuse of Bloom effects even for a city in the sky; The removal of any save feature outside of checkpoints that was present in the previous games that is just really annoying; and worst of all, a completely useless and unrewarding character progression. Again, this game is amazing and absolutely worth playing. However, it could have been a 10/10 legendary game if it could have addressed several issues that seemed a lot more like lack of polish or development time than anything else. Expand
  9. Mar 26, 2013
    This game might not revolutionize gaming, but still setting a very high standard for other developers. While I do not really llove the setting of Columbia, I have to admit it has an outstanding design. The graphics, the gameplay, the story, the voice acting is great. Recommended.
  10. Mar 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite should get Game of the Year! It has been a long time since a game like this has come out for the PC so highly polished. The game is graphically beautiful (no soupy textures), the controls are easily changeable and responsive, the story and atmosphere is totally immersive, it runs perfectly on the computer (no freeing & crashing and has stable frame rates on release dayBioshock Infinite should get Game of the Year! It has been a long time since a game like this has come out for the PC so highly polished. The game is graphically beautiful (no soupy textures), the controls are easily changeable and responsive, the story and atmosphere is totally immersive, it runs perfectly on the computer (no freeing & crashing and has stable frame rates on release day with SLI), there is not an always online or DRM crap, and your savegame is located on your computer. Great job 2K Design Team, you did a fantastic job. Expand
  11. May 16, 2013
    This was absolutely one of the best games I have ever played. The graphic style is not too cartoony but also not realistic. The gameplay was addicting and always intense. This game is a must own.
  12. Mar 29, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is an artistic masterpiece. Beautiful, suspenseful, and haunting at times; it captures a blending of history and myth to create something both wonderfully unique and familiar.

Story: 10/10 As we all come to expect from Irrational, the plot of this game is bursting with rich parallels, powerful emotional imagery and an ending (brilliantly foreshadowed throughout) that

Story: 10/10
    As we all come to expect from Irrational, the plot of this game is bursting with rich parallels, powerful emotional imagery and an ending (brilliantly foreshadowed throughout) that will leave you both satisfied and begging for more.

Ambiance: 11/10
    This is where the game really shines. Each set-piece alone could be a work of art, each architectural blend, each cultural costume. All of the visual splendor mixed together with a score that perfectly juxtaposes the glamor and grit of what Columbia represents.

Gamplay: 10/10
    I expected a rich story and beautiful visuals/music, what I did not expect was game-play (particularly combat) that surpassed Irrationals previous games in terms of enjoyment and dynamic action. This game takes everything that we loved from previous BioShock games and adds a whole new level of tactical planning and on the fly improvisation. Each combat area is a stage set for a brilliant play, each enemy adding new challenge, each weapon a chance to master. Never has combat been so challenging and satisfying in a BioShock game.

Overall: 10/10 Irrational proves once again that you don't have to pander to the lowest common denominator to create a true masterpiece.
  13. Mar 26, 2013
    Criticodubioso- All your reviews you give games zeros and 2s, you are not an objective reviewer. There are very few games that truly deserve a 2. You are an immature child and are why user rating on this site don't mean a god damn thing. Hmm a game that deserves a 2/10 would have to have almost no redeeming qualities at all. How did you even come to this score? The graphics suck? TheyCriticodubioso- All your reviews you give games zeros and 2s, you are not an objective reviewer. There are very few games that truly deserve a 2. You are an immature child and are why user rating on this site don't mean a god damn thing. Hmm a game that deserves a 2/10 would have to have almost no redeeming qualities at all. How did you even come to this score? The graphics suck? They surely don't some muddled textures, but very impressive overall, better than MOST PC ports. The gameplay sucks? Like what, are you talking about the extensive upgrade system, the cool innovative vigor powers, or the spinning hook that you grind people's heads off with? Or what about flying on rails and using vortexes to give you tactical advantage? Yeah that all sucks and is TERRIBLE I agree man. Or what about the terrible lackluster story that actually isn't unbearably corny for once and deals with real societal issues instead of just being terrible dialogue and a michael bay film like most action shooters..that really sucks too it's sure a 2/10 right?? I hate you, and every PC gamer like you, we are not all like this fa g g ot, but PC does seem to have an awful lot of elitist losers like this guy... Expand
  14. Apr 3, 2013
    Games can be art. This one certainly is. Its beautiful, smart, mysterious and edgy. I loved every second of it. Everyone should play it and i dare you not to like it. It's impossible.
  15. Mar 26, 2013
    Would you kindly play this game? This by far is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years of gaming. When I walked out of that capsule and those lit candles with the soothing music behind it I knew this game was going somewhere. This is art this is what this generations needed for a ending of this generation consoles. I can now say this is added to the list of great games made by aWould you kindly play this game? This by far is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years of gaming. When I walked out of that capsule and those lit candles with the soothing music behind it I knew this game was going somewhere. This is art this is what this generations needed for a ending of this generation consoles. I can now say this is added to the list of great games made by a genius company. Great job irrational games. Every bit was worth playing this game. Expand
  16. Apr 15, 2013
    What a great game. I don't have time to play many video games anymore, and when I do have time to game, I mainly play boardgames, which is in a great revival if you didn't know--just check out boardgamegeek sometime. Anyway, this game sucked me. The subversion of Christianity and the racism were just provocative enough for me to keep going--not to mention the visuals are stunning. I amWhat a great game. I don't have time to play many video games anymore, and when I do have time to game, I mainly play boardgames, which is in a great revival if you didn't know--just check out boardgamegeek sometime. Anyway, this game sucked me. The subversion of Christianity and the racism were just provocative enough for me to keep going--not to mention the visuals are stunning. I am running this game maxed out, so I can't speak for ps3 or 360 visuals, or even PC visuals on medium settings. I loved Bioshock 1, and didn't even bother with Bioshock 2. This is the game to play if you don't often pick up games. Expand
  17. Jul 25, 2013
    For the mind-bogglingly stupid save system alone, this doesn't deserve more than 5/10. It completely ruins any appeal the game has. Sure, if you're a teenager, unemployed or for some other reason have ENORMOUS amounts of free time, you won't give a about possibly having to play parts over again because you're not quite sure when the game saved the last time. Or maybe you'll even finish itFor the mind-bogglingly stupid save system alone, this doesn't deserve more than 5/10. It completely ruins any appeal the game has. Sure, if you're a teenager, unemployed or for some other reason have ENORMOUS amounts of free time, you won't give a about possibly having to play parts over again because you're not quite sure when the game saved the last time. Or maybe you'll even finish it in one sitting.
    But weird as I am, I don't want to play for hours straight. I like to have pauses in between playing. I like to do other things too. Which is why playing Bioshock Infinite frustrated me to no end, since I kept wondering when I can finally stop playing. Until I realized that the save symbol only flashes for like half a second.
    Add the fact that the graphics aren't really up to snuff (the way this game performs on high end machines considering it's fairly low detail models and textures is just not acceptable) and you get to the 3/10 I have arrived at. It's a shame because I really wanted to like this game. I loved Bioshock 1 AND 2 and thought the story of this one really showed promise. But there's no way I am going to continue playing this game until they fix the save system.
  18. Mar 29, 2013
    It is impossible to play through this game and think that video games cannot be art. From beginning to end, Bioshock Infinite is a wonder to behold. The attention to detail placed on every single aspect of the game is stunning, with everything, from lighting, to timing, to music, and all the visuals in game directed solely toward realizing Ken Levine's creative vision. Bioshock Infinite isIt is impossible to play through this game and think that video games cannot be art. From beginning to end, Bioshock Infinite is a wonder to behold. The attention to detail placed on every single aspect of the game is stunning, with everything, from lighting, to timing, to music, and all the visuals in game directed solely toward realizing Ken Levine's creative vision. Bioshock Infinite is the Mona Lisa of video games. Expand
  19. Apr 3, 2013
    10 for originality. 8 for story. 7 for interesting tear and vigor. 5 for overall combat fun. The combat is fun the first few times. Though as game goes on, the combat design got lazy. Bigger enemies start to become plain invincible to most of your abilities, which means gameplay actually devolve into shoot-n-run-to-cover just like COD. 4 for over-hyped Elizabeth which is actually10 for originality. 8 for story. 7 for interesting tear and vigor. 5 for overall combat fun. The combat is fun the first few times. Though as game goes on, the combat design got lazy. Bigger enemies start to become plain invincible to most of your abilities, which means gameplay actually devolve into shoot-n-run-to-cover just like COD. 4 for over-hyped Elizabeth which is actually just scripted banter and cutscenes, and close to zero interactivity. I felt more connected to Bioware characters. Expand
  20. Apr 8, 2013
    I will start with writing that I had really hard time getting into the game. I did not like previous installments of Bioshock and I could hardly stand the view of the city in the clouds with tons of glowing graphics with outdated textures. This game resembles Dishonored and The Darkness, but IMHO is not as good as they are. While playing I was waiting for the game to finish and if it wasI will start with writing that I had really hard time getting into the game. I did not like previous installments of Bioshock and I could hardly stand the view of the city in the clouds with tons of glowing graphics with outdated textures. This game resembles Dishonored and The Darkness, but IMHO is not as good as they are. While playing I was waiting for the game to finish and if it was not for the story I would not get to the end. I used a trainer to get infinite amount of money and salts because collecting them was really boring. The idea of objects appearing from other worlds through tears is quite interesting though. Another plus is that the game runs smoothly and I could see no errors.
    I will definitely not call it a masterpiece, but if you like weird shooters perhaps this one is for you.
  21. Sep 5, 2013
    This game is abysmal. Complete waste of time and I'll apologize, but not worth a long review.
    Game play, mechanically speaking, as an FPS is disgustingly simple and usually bad and inconsistent. The weapons are not good with very little noticeable difference in "upgrades".
    The story is boring and drags on; Columbia is no Rapture. It was so bad I walked away for 5 months and then decided to finish it before uninstalling and that was a mistake. The ending is worthless drivel.
    BORING. I can't believe all the people that think this passes as even a remotely good game. Complete waste of time and money in every respect (and I loved Bioshock).
  22. Apr 14, 2013
    With all the fuss the game has recieved i had to give it ago i would say i am about half way throught the game and its just average the story has you back tracking through levels the female counter part give you ammo ect all the time making the game too easy feel like the dev's where being lazy how ever the visuals are good and sound is great but everythink else just average.
  23. Apr 7, 2013
    The city is beautiful! The graphics and people in the streets are fantastic. Being taken back to what life in 1912 may have been like is great, and I love the idea of a city in the air!! However, I have a lot of complaints about this one and:

Ken Levine at one point said he wanted people to play this game "their own way" and then be able to tell their friends "this is how I beat that part". It was going to be about how we the players played it uniquely ourselves. But that is a joke in Bioshock Infinite. It is completely linear and very minimal sense of your own play style, nothing like Far Cry 2 anyway. The skyline is appealing, but and maybe this is what Ken Levine meant by choose your own style, but to me it didn't add enough to my choice of how to beat the game.
    Far Cry 2/3 can run on consoles, I don't understand why then we are still getting linear games like Bioshock Infinite, where all 3 platforms can handle more. Imagine an open-world Columbia, where you can truly play as you want and complete the game your own way like Far Cry 2/3. Add Infinite to the list of linear, check-point-only-save games that are all so similar these days. What a bore for gaming.

I found Bioshock 1 and 2 blew me away with how incredible and magical they were, especially the first one. That was a game!! Music, setting, combat, visuals, hacking, EVERYTHING.

Infinite is good visually but it's not as good or fun of a game I think overall, not nearly as that of Bioshock 1 or 2. Over-rated and I hate that they connected Rapture to the story. Not what I thought it was going to be. Disappointing.
  24. Mar 31, 2013
    One of the best or maybe the best fps i have ever played! A story and characters that will grab you from the start and combat that has the old bio-shock feel. And plot twist that will go WTF more then once, You need to do yourself a favor and get this game now!
  25. Apr 27, 2013
    When I saw the trailer for this game I thought it was going to be great. Then it got delayed, Which I have no problem with. When you start up the game its looks stunning! Then gets darker once you progress into the game which also is a good feature to bring the game more alive. The guns, once you found the guns you really like you stick with them. Which made the gameplay really boring nearWhen I saw the trailer for this game I thought it was going to be great. Then it got delayed, Which I have no problem with. When you start up the game its looks stunning! Then gets darker once you progress into the game which also is a good feature to bring the game more alive. The guns, once you found the guns you really like you stick with them. Which made the gameplay really boring near the end sequence say like the Carbine and the Sniper Rifle they worked well together which means you stick with them. Bioshock should of had more guns I do have to say. Next the vigor's, they almost felt like you didn't actually need them and more of like they were just there for show and tell. Plus once you found the right vigor for your style you stick with them which is the same with guns. The plot was really good and a bit confusing at the end. In conclusion I give this game an 7. Expand
  26. Jun 13, 2014
    I'm another one not getting the hype. Sure, the graphics look good (even though that impression is created more through the use of trickery than actually beautiful textures but that's fine with me) and the setting is very interesting, but you never get to explore any of it. You move through a linear series of shooting scenes against poor AI using a clumsy feeling protagonist. The game isI'm another one not getting the hype. Sure, the graphics look good (even though that impression is created more through the use of trickery than actually beautiful textures but that's fine with me) and the setting is very interesting, but you never get to explore any of it. You move through a linear series of shooting scenes against poor AI using a clumsy feeling protagonist. The game is most interesting when you aren't shooting at things and that's a problem for a shooter. The story promises real depth but then abandons all that for shooting and drama, it never reaches real depth.

If you're a fan of shooters, the action here will likely bore you and feel too easy, if you're a fan of sandbox environments and fascinating settings, you'll be frustrated by how you're not allowed to actually explore anything yourself and if you're a fan of adventure game story-telling, all the useless shooting will probably ruin the experience for you.
  27. May 3, 2013
    This is Bioshock only so far as it has clunky shooting mechanics, is full of moral ambiguity, and makes heavy reference to a historical period. That is the end of the resemblance. Level design is linear and frightfully dull. None of the weapons is actually satisfying to use. The story is multi-layered and imaginative, but simply falls flat in regards to making the player interested orThis is Bioshock only so far as it has clunky shooting mechanics, is full of moral ambiguity, and makes heavy reference to a historical period. That is the end of the resemblance. Level design is linear and frightfully dull. None of the weapons is actually satisfying to use. The story is multi-layered and imaginative, but simply falls flat in regards to making the player interested or invested in anything. Original Bioshock was weird, scary, and immersive; this is just weird.

Orignal Bioshock, I remember several instances where I felt motivated to plan out an assault; where and how am I going to engage these guys? This Bioshock; "there are some guys, I'm going to shoot them. If they shoot me, I will hide behind this corner here, wait until they stop shooting, then pop out and shoot them some more. Then I will loot their corpses and eat a can of beans."

Pros; a couple of interesting complex fights utilizing multiple levels and choices of which structure you'll have Elizabeth "warp" into existence. Attractive environments.

Bottom line: It is attractive and the artwork is very imaginative, but it simply isn't fun to play.
  28. Jul 13, 2013
    Boring combat and gameplay, uninteresting story and no challenge. Only good Bioshock was the first one, and even that was mediocre 7/10 tops. System Shock is where it's at.

Be wary of the high scores BioShock Infinite received, a lot of them are given by new accounts whose sole contribution to metacritic is giving 10 points to Bioshock Infinite. Not saying someone's boosting the scores but it's a possibility.
  29. Apr 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game-play was all repetitive. The same enemies, just repeated, the same goddamn tactics being repeated too. Honestly its a shame that they didn't use those enemies in the art-book; perhaps it would had made it more interesting. The vigor powers basically did similar things: They lay traps (some bigger and more lasting) or attacked directly (some with a bigger range and blast). Only 3 of them did a drastically different thing. There was really no need for all them, frankly some of them where useless in the heat of a battle. I did however pretty much used them all at some point. If I was the developer I would had spent more time planning and implementing the vigors.

The only way to gain an upgrade is to pay for it and the machine. To get money you have to search through bodies, trash cans, desks etc. but wait... they tried to make you think! They include items that take can take away your health or take away something and give you something back. However I really didn't care, I was just spamming [F] all over the environment because I just wanted to get all the gold. I never ever did not take something, I always took everything because I just was not bothered. Its like the system was broken; Its like they tried to make an mechanic more interesting but ultimately failed at it. Perhaps upgrading should had happened through other means?

During the game I was careful not to kill civilians; thinking that It would have some out come later in the game, but I couldn't be more wrong; the game couldn't care less and frankly you would be better off killing them for loot.

I also think that they were too few guns for the scope and longevity of the game. Perhaps they should had also invented some of their own instead of relying on real life ones. They had the classic shotgun, the classic sniper, the machine gun etc. They should had added some fantasy to it in-order to keep it interesting. They already have quantum physics, flying cities multiple dimensions and yet they don't have a quantum gun or some weird stuff like that. After a few hours you get bored of using the same things over and over again.

After a few hours I found myself playing it just to complete it; I really wanted to know how the story ends. I didn't really find the game fun anymore; I got bored of the same mechanics, the same enemies being used.

Boss fights are just more powerful enemies (why couldn't they design something more unique for the occasion?). The only potentially good boss-fight was the bird; but Instead Elizabeth decides to kill it for you. Perhaps they should had turned Comstock into boss fight; considering Comstock is Booker and considering he has access to some impressive technology, he could had held a good fight (even though hes an old man) but that would go against him being a "holly" man.

Instead of having a final boss, the game decides to give you a defend your Zeppelin reactor (em tower defense), which for some reason Comstock thought it was a good idea to locate it on top of his ship, so that it is easy to hit by his enemies (though if I was the enemy I would probably just not even bother with going on board and just blow it up from far).

There is no true exploration, its just a singular path for most of the time. To make it more interesting they thrown in a key fetch quest (Elizabeth suddenly forgot how pick-lock an ordinary looking lock).

The game is probably one of the most repetitive games I've played lately. Its not a game that deserves a score of 9/10 or 10/10 its a game that deserves a score of 6/10, 7/10. It just that this game doesn't really bring anything new to the table, its all been done before, and whatever it does it does it in cycles and cycles. Apart from the production values, the score, and the thought evoking game ending (though the story could had been explained better) there isn't nothing really to it Its like they were trying hard to be like Hollywood but they forget to make sure the game-play remains interesting and fun though out all the adventure and not only for the first few hours.
  30. Mar 27, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game. Right at the top with the great games of our generation Dishonored and Skyrim. I'm playing on a high end PC so I will not bang on about the graphics as of course they are amazing but of course they would be when they utilise every pounds worth. Great story, simple but effective controls, personable characters, great scenery, great soundtrack...nuff said. MissAbsolutely fantastic game. Right at the top with the great games of our generation Dishonored and Skyrim. I'm playing on a high end PC so I will not bang on about the graphics as of course they are amazing but of course they would be when they utilise every pounds worth. Great story, simple but effective controls, personable characters, great scenery, great soundtrack...nuff said. Miss this miss out bigstyle. Expand
  31. Aug 30, 2013
    What so many people see in this game? I'm so disappointed based on all this hype I bought it,expected something fantastic, played for some hours, and... stopped. For me, that's a boring game, average,
    Yes, devs lost time and energy working on it and i respect their work. But these critics with scores of average 96... There must be something wrong with me, I guess...
  32. Jun 15, 2013
    Booker(protagonist) and Elizabeth(side-kick) are interesting characters. The Vigor’s are an interesting idea though severely under-powered initially. The guns are fun to use but the set pieces are tedious cover-based shooting galleries with the only challenge being that some enemies take more bullets to put down than others. Despite playing this on a PC I had to use a controller, the keyBooker(protagonist) and Elizabeth(side-kick) are interesting characters. The Vigor’s are an interesting idea though severely under-powered initially. The guns are fun to use but the set pieces are tedious cover-based shooting galleries with the only challenge being that some enemies take more bullets to put down than others. Despite playing this on a PC I had to use a controller, the key board lay-out defies logic and the mouse feels awful, no amount of tinkering with acceleration and sensitivity made the mouse a viable option. Like Tomb Raider I had to take a break when I walked into yet another room filled with waist high walls. The first hour or two are really interesting and immersive but the action is tedious. I haven’t bothered to finish the game. 5/10 for some fun in Columbia with Booker and Elizabeth. Expand
  33. Apr 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Re-skin of Bioshock 1. The story is OK, I wanted to complete it to know the story, i was really interested. And since I was spoiled about the end by the THOUSANDS of spoilers around the internet, it just got me more interested in the story. So I decided to give it another try. Got up to the part where Elizabeth kills Daisy Fitzroy. Story is average till now. I REALLY want to know the whole story, but I'd rather watch a 'Bioshock Infinite The Movie' then grind through the God-awful gameplay. Skylines are an attempt to try and give you a break from the awful combat. The re-named Vigors are just plain ol' copies of powers from various games, including Bioshock 1,2 and Dishonored. Elizabeth was interesting, and at least kept me interested enough to keep playing. Gameplay: 4/10. Graphics: 9/10. Story: 7/10.Enemy design and AI: 2/10. Originality: 3/10. Protagonist 1/10. overall: 6/10.

I'd advise anyone to play infinite if they don't have any other game to play and have played EVERY SINGLE game in their collection. If they are bored and have nothing to do. you over-hyped users who gave false reviews and made me lose my 60 bucks.
  34. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is just one thing: An AWESOME MASTERPIECE! Best FPS I played so far, and yes, i'm playing video games since the mid '80s! Nothing more to say, just play it! Totally worth the Money!
  35. May 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a negatively toned review because there are plenty of orgasmic reviews to sing the praises of Bioshock Infinite.

Story-- 4
    "Infinite" is an appropriate descriptor considering the increasing prevalence of deus ex machina moments in games. Infinite saddles you with a sappy, labyrinthian story that relies on quantum mechanics to tie some of its nonsensical ramblings together. You are set up from the very beginning with false pretenses of the most basic mechanics of the world you're dropped into. It cheapens, if not outright destroys, the sense of victory and accomplishment expected at the conclusion of a game.

Another offender on the story train is the killjoy twist element. Every time things appear to be looking up for our depressed protagonists, some bastard writer decides it's the perfect time to throw a nasty curve their way. The ending, I'm displeased to say, contains a rapid-fire series of these as a disgusting means of attempting to tie the spaghetti mess together into a coherent narrative. While I realize that most endless stories tend to thrive on conflict, it does not, by any means, need to be so pervasive that it destroys the elation of success or outright eliminates it.

Mechanics-- 6
    One gameplay mechanic that was poorly implemented, and overwhelming misrepresented in early gameplay demos, is Elizabeth's "assistance." In combat, she'll occasionally "toss" you items, such as health or ammunition when you're running low on resources. While this is useful, it is a poor attempt to cover how ludicrously limited your inventory is (that is to say, there is none, as with previous Bioshock entries). In this day and age, this is an unforgivable decision/omission.

There are difficulty levels for a reason. Some people prefer the hardcore difficulties that present a challenge in all aspects of the game, not just combat. Others, myself included, prefer to sit back and enjoy a game with plenty of frenetic action, but without the time-consuming mania of resource micromanagement.

Returning to Elizabeth's assist mechanic, outside of combat she will occasionally (read rarely) toss currency your way. I experimented a bit to see if there was any specific trigger for her behavior, but I could not consistently reproduce her behavior. I would enter an area, spy some loose currency and approach, ignore, and pass by it. She neglected to respond to this direct stimulus. However, in certain areas, where I could swear a swept the floor, she would out of nowhere miraculously produce currency. Imagine my dismay when even Booker neglected to respond in most cases, rarely offering a word of simple acknowledgment, let alone thanks. (It's the small things.)

Graphics-- 7
    The visuals in Bioshock Infinite are a mixed bag. The ocean effects are quite stunning. Textures are good in two places. Elizabeth and Elizabeth. That's about it. Just about everything else appears to be orders of resolution less stunning and detailed. At one point you see Elizabeth's back with a disturbingly realistic bruise on it. It was a jarring juxtaposition given the art style. Water effects on other materials are quite nice, but in their common appearance on wood planks you find that sometimes planks intersect in unlikely ways that tug at the immersion factor.

To counter the apparent endless attention on making sure Elizabeth looks stunning at all times, she acquires a brooch that she attaches to her choker. From then on you are treated to a distracting show where the brooch follows her head movement and not the choker (her neck).

Gameplay-- 4
    It's Bioshock, not your average FPS. The treasure hunting aspects is typical and consistent with other entries in the franchise. Generally boring to a fault and a failed opportunity to involve the player in the backstory of the world.

Weapons are abysmal and underpowered as always. How many shotgun blasts can your average, unarmored metro cop take? More than you'd think, and twice as many as you'd imagine. How many weapons can Booker hold? Not enough. Apparently he's never heard of slings or holsters. And with all the ammo he's carrying around (read a handful) you'd think he was storing it in his mouth.

How many rockets does it take to kill a patriot automaton? Far too many for even a sliver of realism. Granted, I did play the game on the hard difficulty, but let's stop scaling everything against the player and scale it both ways (they do more damage and so do I) that way the realism is enhanced not thrown completely out the window. Honestly, you'd never find a rocket launcher. But if you did, it would kill anything it hit in a single shot. How satisfying is it to acquire "the best weapon in the game" only to have it inflict only a spoonful more damage than the rest of your arsenal?

Conclusion-- 5 (not average)
    I beat the game in 14 hours. I wasn't trying to. I was walking around lazily gazing at the scenery for most of that time. But the last several scenes are incredibly frantic. Wait for a sale.
  36. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is truly amazing! A must buy! The visuals in this game are truly amazing. I haven't seen something so amazing in a really long time! Just every detail in there is truly breath taking and wonderful. Further you go in the story the more confused and interested you get in it. No it's not confused in a bad way but more of a mystery. As you progress things go deeper and you're left toThis game is truly amazing! A must buy! The visuals in this game are truly amazing. I haven't seen something so amazing in a really long time! Just every detail in there is truly breath taking and wonderful. Further you go in the story the more confused and interested you get in it. No it's not confused in a bad way but more of a mystery. As you progress things go deeper and you're left to wonder what the hell is going on here and you just feel the need to progress and they explain but only so much that they want you to keep going to the end. It's really well told! The gameplay is pretty much the same except for the Skyrail which is a very amazing addition. Challenge is up to you. I selected Hard for my first play through and holy crap was it Hard. I found myself dying often as the AI overruned me. Length is about 9 or 10 hours if you spend it looking through everywhere yet I still somehow missed some things. I also think that's due to how many times I died. I will be playing this game a second time and I want to see the bad ending myself. So this game is truly amazing and shines in dark times of this horrendous gaming industry. Great Job Irrational Games, 2K Marin, Human Head Studios, 2K Games. You gave IG as much time as they needed and it shows in this masterpiece. This game just barely shys away from a 10 due to almost no changes in the combat from previous BioShocks but it still lands a 9 because of... well everything. This will always be in my collection and it should always be in yours! Expand
  37. Mar 26, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is proof that big-budget video games can be a mature and insightful medium for telling a story. Infinite is not afraid to take a very critical look at some of the less savory aspects of American culture, like racism, sexism, etc., something that very few mainstream video games even begin to address.

Other games, such as To the Moon and Thirty Flights of Loving, have

Other games, such as To the Moon and Thirty Flights of Loving, have also managed to tell emotional and powerful narratives, albeit for a tiny fraction of the resources that were undoubtedly spent making Infinite. However, just because Infinite is a AAA title is no reason to write it off. In fact, it's validation that even video games made with lots of money can dare to be good, and dare to be different, than every other Call of Duty and Battlefield and Halo game out there.

Infinite addresses heady themes and issues within its narrative, something that just doesn't exist in most other mainstream video games, and that's what makes this game so important. Play BioShock Infinite, because it's more than just a "game". It's more than just about getting the next killstreak. It's not afraid to go outside the confines of the generic conventions of the FPS shooter, and tell an interactive story that's practically impossible to experience in any other medium. BioShock Infinite is, quite simply put, unlike anything else.
  38. Mar 26, 2013
    Giving it 9.5 out of 10, but going to click 10 to offset the mindless reviewers who give it 0 because supposedly the 'graphics are horrible.'

Forget what they say: The graphics are so good you'll feel like you've died and gone to the sky city of Columbia; lighting and water effects reach a new high in this game, creating the effect the world is alive before your eyes. Never has a

Never has a game world been crafted so magnificently, and so memorably; it's everything you expected and a whole lot more. While the setting of the game is in a fictive sky-city, it's historical roots are presented with great fidelity and you'll feel like you've gone back in time to 1912.

The production values are out of this world; for example, you'll find yourself wanting to stay on the menu screen for an unnaturally long time because it is so beautiful. This is more than a game, it is art living and breathing art that unfold luxuriously before your eyes which will water with awesome overload.
  39. Mar 26, 2013
    An absolute amazing game. I had high hopes for this game, and it still was able to keep me engaged and constantly asking questions what and why. This game deserves all the critical praise it has received!
  40. Oct 28, 2013
    The most overrated FPS ever. The first Bioshock was a real masterpiece, but this boring, linear, killing-machine gameplay is one of the worst experiences I've ever had.
  41. Apr 21, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is the best singleplayer shooter I've ever played. It's fighting with the InFamous series for the title of my favorite videogame storyline. Bioshock infinite is an unforgettable game with amazing graphics, and nearly perfect combat. I truly don't understand how anyone could give this game any rating below 9/10.
  42. Apr 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I absolutely loved this game and the overall experience so much that after playing it on hard (didn't know that you could unlock 1999 mode without playing it through) I started it again on 1999 mode (hardest). Given that 1999 mode turns off navigation help and will not allow you to continue through death if your wallet is at $0 I feel it could have just been hard instead of a setting beyond that but as that is a relatively small non-issue it didn't affect my rating at all.While the combat can be tedious at times and most of the opponents are overused and underwhelming, the story and the characters (I am including the setting as a character) more than make up for that. Additionally, the combat areas that contained skylines were definitely much more fun than those that did not. Perhaps my least favorite section of the game revolved around a single boss fight that occurs three separate times in three separate locations. At all three locations there are no skylines, endless minions and relatively few options that force you into just shooting the thing in the face repeatedly until it "dies". All three of those "fights" just felt forced and unnecessary, and you even know the last location before it happens if you are paying attention to your surroundings which makes it all that much more annoying. At least the final fight in the game which takes place aboard the zeppelin contains a skyline, has a relatively decent variation of enemies, a new combat mechanic and slightly limited supplies to make that fight more interesting than many others throughout the game.

The city of Colombia was extremely well executed and my only complaint about the city itself was that I felt we weren't given access to enough of it. From the view of the city within the clouds at various times you can tell it is huge and reaches far beyond the few main areas you travel through. Or at least it is made to look like it stretches far beyond where you go. I also felt like the skylines of a given area being confined to that given area (save for the few that took you to the next area) didn't allow you to truly explore the city as you really want to. There are sections of the city which I feel were absolute strokes of genius, Battleship Bay being one of these and the opening section of the city being another. At times I felt as if I was taking a virtual walk through an alternate version of Disneyland. While the racism could likely have been toned down I would not have enjoyed the game as much if it had. It was 1912 and Colombia was at one point a part of America which at that particular time had relatively no love for Irish people or African Americans and failing to emphasize that in this particular setting would have been an enormous mistake. The prophet's own distaste of anyone but the "white man" kind of even makes sense if you take the time to get the full story,

The character of Elizabeth felt like something more than a stereotypical AI character in need of a permanent escort mission. The Lutece "twins" were a joy to encounter every time, from the foreshadowing they provided that might have been lost or misunderstood on a first play through to the random views of them playing baseball in various sections of the city they were brilliant additions to the cast of characters. Even Father Comstock himself becomes a brilliantly executed character when you realize just who and what he is. I would go into further detail on other characters but sadly there is a character limit.

The overall story may not have been a ground shattering leap in narrative but it was definitely at least a small stroke of genius. In a time when gamers are demanding more choice than ever in all types of games, one that presents choices then tells you that those choices were meaningless as the outcome was not yours to decide is nothing short of both tragic and brilliant. Early in the game you are even told that your choices won't matter but as a gamer in 2013 you actively try to forget that when choices are presented. The story, the setting, the characters can all be described as both tragic and brilliant. How the city of Colombia and its inhabitants fit into the Bioshock universe alongside the city of Rapture and its inhabitants is even revealed before it is truly revealed yet it is still incredibly satisfying when that link is confirmed to make Bioshock Infinite a definite Bioshock title and not just something with the name stamped on it. However all of this and more will be missed if the player does not give enough time to the game to explore the city, to obtain all voxophones and to view all kinetescopes as not doing so will essentially skip integral parts of the story and therefore leave massive holes in your understanding of events by the end.

Even the music was incredible, hearing a barbershop quartet sing a rendition of a Beach Boys song upon entering the city let me know very early on that the game was going to be a very unique experience and it definitely is that.
  43. May 1, 2013
    The game is a decent shooter but it's honestly pretty over hyped.

Some talking points: Story- Honestly it started out fine but by the end the twists and illogical plot points became overwhelming. Without spoiling anything it completely invalidates the entire journey up to that point (even bioshock 1+2) as trivial and unnecessary. It was a pretty huge disappointment in my eyes.
    The game is a decent shooter but it's honestly pretty over hyped.

Some talking points:

Graphics: I've seen others complain about this and they definitely have a point. The bloom, fog, and light shaft effects are fairly shoddy looking throughout the game (noticeable right off the bat when you start in the rowboat). The actual art style itself is pretty damn good though I have to give them that... very steampunk and classic bioshock.

Gameplay- Overall it was decent but came up lacking in a few areas. The gun selections didn't seem to matter in the slightest- there weren't many upgrades available and you could pretty much faceroll through most of the game on the standard difficulty with any of them. For instance (despite trying different weapons) I found that none of them truly mattered and ended up melee-stomping 95% of my enemies to break the monotony.

There was little to no benefit in saving ammo, exploring, or being tactical. Elizabeth constantly refills you on salts (mana), health, ammo, money, and points out useful objects.

There wasn't a whole lot of variation to the enemies and a lot of models were simply reused later on (under a different banner with slightly different skins). They also added an upgradable shield mechanism (like in Halo) which seemed entirely unnecessary and made the game easier than it needed to be.

I did enjoy the gear upgrades (though they made my melee almost unstoppable) and the vigors were pretty decent. I would have liked the vigors more if they had more upgrades available and were actually necessary for survival instead of just there for fun if you wanted them.

Overall it's a decent game.
  44. Jun 1, 2013
    I have known the cause of اhigh appreciation for this game by the critics, of course game worth all that positive criticism it is wonderful of all Measurements more What I liked in the game is the environment which is rich in every detail also wonderful story in addition to the easy method of the control, but the only drawback that I noticed in the game is the ease though progressI have known the cause of اhigh appreciation for this game by the critics, of course game worth all that positive criticism it is wonderful of all Measurements more What I liked in the game is the environment which is rich in every detail also wonderful story in addition to the easy method of the control, but the only drawback that I noticed in the game is the ease though progress although i put the options on the hardest class
    Funny about it is I, and since the first day to play the game I wanted to give a negative criticism (so to go againstا all positive criticism), but I did not feel only over three hours to play without that I feel the time, feeling 've missed since the Assassin's Creed thanked the designers and I hope that there is another part in the future
  45. May 13, 2013
    Being a huge fan of Bioshock and the shock series i was very excited to get into Infinite but as i played the game it became more and more clear to me how much more linear,stock-shootery and scripted this game was.the characters in the world were either not very interessting or well fleshed out and the gunplay was boring and felt terrible.
  46. May 25, 2013
    So, Best story game of the year, hands down, but the combat is repetitive which makes the game hard to replay. I found myself dieing alot, because i used the wrong vigors, and wrong guns, which makes me a little sad, that you have to use possession, or Sender. We did see alot of reused vigor's fx. Murder Of Crow's which is similar to bee's. And some reused guns, but i didn't play the gameSo, Best story game of the year, hands down, but the combat is repetitive which makes the game hard to replay. I found myself dieing alot, because i used the wrong vigors, and wrong guns, which makes me a little sad, that you have to use possession, or Sender. We did see alot of reused vigor's fx. Murder Of Crow's which is similar to bee's. And some reused guns, but i didn't play the game for the combat, for the story, so the only thing not make-ing me giving this game 10/10 is the combat. a good 9/10 Expand
  47. May 29, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a breathtaking game that has you in awe with the stunning scenery and enveloping audio. The game play is fun, entertaining, and provides a good challenge. The story leaves you guessing through most of it and leaves you wanting to play again to catch all the little things you may have missed. The only reason I don't give this a 10 is because there are a few graphicalBioShock Infinite is a breathtaking game that has you in awe with the stunning scenery and enveloping audio. The game play is fun, entertaining, and provides a good challenge. The story leaves you guessing through most of it and leaves you wanting to play again to catch all the little things you may have missed. The only reason I don't give this a 10 is because there are a few graphical and animation errors here and there. Expand
  48. Jul 12, 2014
    This game is better than i thought. Although i thought it was way over rated at first i was wrong. Very very wrong in so many ways. Although i will still say that the gameplay isnt the greatest.
  49. Aug 1, 2013
    From an artistic standpoint this game is one of the best I've ever played. The first Bioshock had excellent art design but somewhat ugly graphics, and Infinite tops it by keeping the excellent design work and rendering it beautifully. From the starting area, where hundreds of candle flames are reflected in pools of clear water, to the rays of the setting sun later in the game, this is aFrom an artistic standpoint this game is one of the best I've ever played. The first Bioshock had excellent art design but somewhat ugly graphics, and Infinite tops it by keeping the excellent design work and rendering it beautifully. From the starting area, where hundreds of candle flames are reflected in pools of clear water, to the rays of the setting sun later in the game, this is a beautiful world. The story is equally fantastic, a deep, rich experience that rewards stopping to take note of the meticulously detailed game world. It's a story that knows how to use video games as a medium to achieve the best possible experience.

Ironically, Bioshock Infinite seems to suffer the opposite problem plaguing many AAA games today. While series like Gears of War are often accused of having incredibly rewarding gameplay paired with dull and tacked-on stories, in Infinite it's the gameplay which feels more dull and tacked-on than the story. That's not to say that the gameplay is universally terrible, but it's held back by obnoxious bullet-spongey boss enemies, an antiquated and confusing upgrade system, and the seemingly pointless two-weapon limit of many modern FPSes. The unique weapons and skyline combat system certainly help make things more enjoyable, but combat is not Infinite's strong point, and it would have benefited greatly from focusing less on it.

Ultimately, Bioshock Infinite is a deeply flawed game, but then again so was the original Bioshock. Both have been called "perfect" and hailed as being some of the best games of their generation, and neither of them quite live up to this. Though they may not be impossible perfection, they are still definitely worth experiencing.
  50. Jul 7, 2013
    More I played this game, more I scratched my head wondering what the hell are those critic reviewers talking about? Where are those revolutionary GOTY elements everybody is talking about? Is it after yet another corridor-shooting level full of dumb opponents? GOTY? More like FOTY (Fraud Of The Year). I had countless hours discussing with my friends who liked this game, but mostly becauseMore I played this game, more I scratched my head wondering what the hell are those critic reviewers talking about? Where are those revolutionary GOTY elements everybody is talking about? Is it after yet another corridor-shooting level full of dumb opponents? GOTY? More like FOTY (Fraud Of The Year). I had countless hours discussing with my friends who liked this game, but mostly because of Meta score... And thats the only thing they can say about it, really. "Did you saw the scores it got. Did you saw what the people say. Lol, you are so stupid". *sigh* Maybe I should score this game at least 7, but I cant. I m giving it the score by the amount of fun I got from it, which is even lower than 6, but at least interesting story ending mad my torture-to-stay-awake worth while... Dont you people understand? Because of Irrational's legacy (mostly because of System Shock games) I had great expectations. We have enough Call of Duty and their clones. Is this really what people wants from games these days? Such a shame. Expand
  51. Sep 28, 2013
    Just a mediocre console game/port with polish. But the game is mostly very easy to complete due to poor design decisions of being given back your ammo when you die yet the monsters you killed still being dead. It has glimpses of fun but the title bioshock infinite is apt, it seems to go on forever but you really wish it was over. It starts very slowly and it is mind-numbingly linear andJust a mediocre console game/port with polish. But the game is mostly very easy to complete due to poor design decisions of being given back your ammo when you die yet the monsters you killed still being dead. It has glimpses of fun but the title bioshock infinite is apt, it seems to go on forever but you really wish it was over. It starts very slowly and it is mind-numbingly linear and the shiny new gear and vigors you find you'll hardly use or notice because they aren't necessary. Waste of money especially for those who won't appreciate the artistic/story side of the game. Expand
  52. Sep 27, 2013
    An absolute masterpiece. This is what modern video games all about! The environments, characters, and plot combined make a sublime blend of action and intrigue.
  53. Sep 24, 2013
    Personally I found this game overrated. It looks pretty enough but the gameplay is just any old average 3rd person shooter. The game consists of waves of enemies and you doing this over and over again. The story was good but I can watch a film if that's what I care about.
  54. Oct 5, 2013
    This is an interactive movie, not a game. The expectation with Bioshock is that the gameplay is in a sandbox; this one is linear. One expects to be able to skip cut-scene's and that they will be brief, most of the storyline (and advertising at the start) is forced on you. It's a half hour before you get a gun from the start of the game and some cutscene's last up to 15 minutes. InsteadThis is an interactive movie, not a game. The expectation with Bioshock is that the gameplay is in a sandbox; this one is linear. One expects to be able to skip cut-scene's and that they will be brief, most of the storyline (and advertising at the start) is forced on you. It's a half hour before you get a gun from the start of the game and some cutscene's last up to 15 minutes. Instead of adding game-play time was spent on recordings, video's, and other schwag added in all over the place. Graphics and ambiance are over the top and impracticable for a shooter; if you have a job and come home from a long day of work to get away from it all, you find yourself with a headache from sensory overload. Giving it a score of 1 because in the 3 hours of playtime, it didn't crash once and THAT is worth something in this industry. This one is for the kiddies, and certainly nobody who's ever experienced a proper FPS. Absolute garbage. Expand
  55. Nov 12, 2013
    This game does not live up to the hype. I waited to buy this game once it came down in price and could snag a good deal on steam. However, it turns out it wasn't all that good of a deal. The story line is very predictable and generic. There isn't a character I cared about or even wanted to succeed. The game play is mundane. You only have a capacity for two guns. Granted the game lets youThis game does not live up to the hype. I waited to buy this game once it came down in price and could snag a good deal on steam. However, it turns out it wasn't all that good of a deal. The story line is very predictable and generic. There isn't a character I cared about or even wanted to succeed. The game play is mundane. You only have a capacity for two guns. Granted the game lets you swap out to different guns through out the game but I had no incentive to want to switch what guns I already had. Furthermore, I didn't see a need to keep using different abilities. You could just get by very simply without using them. I believe at one point I had a tip during a loading screen that reminded me to use them. Overall, to get through the game I had to force myself to turn each page. Expand
  56. Nov 28, 2013
    It's linear, the combat is repetitive and the small amount of choices you're allowed to make have absolutely no impact on the overall storyline. Overall though, its a pretty entertaining game to play, with well written characters and a well designed world. It's not really worth a second playthrough though.
  57. Dec 8, 2013
    Great atmosphere and rather interesting story however the story only gets interesting at the really end, before that it's OK though. Game has one major flaw though: you cannot save on your own. At worst I played for over half an hour to reach the next checkpoint even though I had wanted to quit a long time ago.
  58. Nov 29, 2014
    This is a game that promises to be a 9/10, but I refuse to give it more than half, because it doesn't deliver on that promise. It is an fps, mechanically, but it's really a story you play. It's an intricate story with a mystery, which means it all comes together in the end. But instead of having this great "ah, ha!" moment where it all makes sense, you'll be left with "wtf!" and have toThis is a game that promises to be a 9/10, but I refuse to give it more than half, because it doesn't deliver on that promise. It is an fps, mechanically, but it's really a story you play. It's an intricate story with a mystery, which means it all comes together in the end. But instead of having this great "ah, ha!" moment where it all makes sense, you'll be left with "wtf!" and have to read some reviewers long explanation of what you just went through. I give the reviewer 9/10 for telling the story this game was supposed to deliver. Expand
  59. Mar 30, 2013
    I very rarely give anything a perfect score, especially to a game that's incredibly hyped. BioShock Infinite, however, deserves the hype machine artillery burst that preceded it, and all the praise it's garnering. It's not the best game I've ever played, but it's AMONG the best, and it's incredibly original and well-written. Technically, I'm stunned by how well it runs on a modest machine,I very rarely give anything a perfect score, especially to a game that's incredibly hyped. BioShock Infinite, however, deserves the hype machine artillery burst that preceded it, and all the praise it's garnering. It's not the best game I've ever played, but it's AMONG the best, and it's incredibly original and well-written. Technically, I'm stunned by how well it runs on a modest machine, and also how glorious it looks given that it's running on an aging engine. tl;dr Wow, just wow. Expand
  60. Apr 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is amazing and a pure breath of fresh air. It's still the same Bioshock we know and love but with a new fresh feeling. The graphics and characters are amazing! This is how a game with a NPC helper should feel like. Remember how games in which you had to save someone you had to keep them out of trouble? Elizabeth is nothing like those NPCs, she is actually quite helpful and you don't have to worry about her getting killed. During combat she gives you ammo, salts (similar to EVE or MANA) and is generally as a character quite interesting. You feel like she's a real life character. She reacts to what you're doing and to your choices. Sadly the choices is where this game falls a bit short. In the previous installations you could choose to be bad or good and that had consequences in the ending but not here. The game offers you a few choices but none of them actually have any meaning. There is only one ending and it's a pretty good one. The game is simply amazing and I feel this is how most story driven games should be like. Elizabeth and Booker are one of the most memorable group of characters I've ever met in a game! A definite must-own! Expand
  61. Apr 4, 2013
    A near flawless game with only the most minor of gripes, not even worth mentioning. If you enjoy quasi-linear tightly focused game play with engaging as well as challenging story and concepts, then this is a must buy. Fantastic Graphics and visuals, esp. on PC. THE single player experience of this generation of games.
  62. Mar 28, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is the latest in the acclaimed BioShock series, and it doesn’t disappoint. This game is more than a simple shooter. Set in the flying city of Columbia the payer is tasked with rescuing the mysterious girl Elizabeth and bringing her safely to a mysterious group in exchange for wiping away the character’s past debts. It is a story driven experience with a great story, plotBioShock Infinite is the latest in the acclaimed BioShock series, and it doesn’t disappoint. This game is more than a simple shooter. Set in the flying city of Columbia the payer is tasked with rescuing the mysterious girl Elizabeth and bringing her safely to a mysterious group in exchange for wiping away the character’s past debts. It is a story driven experience with a great story, plot and characters. The shooting itself is fun and an exhilarating brake from the generic shooters of the last few years. When in combat it is hectic and fast paced as you attempt to fend off or fight through a variety of enemies, each with their own challenges. The powers provided to the player through vigors as well as the platforming elements provided by the player’s sky-hook offer an even greater diversity in gameplay. Unlike most modern games the player’s health doesn’t magically regenerate offering an ever greater challenge. However, many of the weapons and powers provided by vigors do feel too similar to each other.
    The world of Columbia is a fresh, beautiful and lively place that the player could spend hours exploring. The plot itself is also highly engaging and it is something that anyone who is interested in a good story should come back too. Fighting in the game is, at times gory with enemies becoming blood-soaked or screaming with pain as they are incinerated. Gore, torture and other dark themes are also present throughout the game.
    Elizabeth is one of the best characters and companions I have ever encountered in a game. She is well animated, voiced and programmed; she can a times seem like a real person. Her help in combat can also be indispensible as she rushes to provide you with extra ammo and health kits and she has saved me from death many times.
    The game plays well on the PC with great graphics and performance. It also has a full options menu with a wide range of settings that can be adjusted as well as fully rebindable controls. The lack of user controlled saving however is a disadvantage and it at times feels like it is punishing players who have to leave the game. Fortunately this isn’t a problem when dying in combat.
    Overall BioShock Infinite is one of the best games this year. It will be a great adventure from start to end with great characters, story and combat for all those interested. Even if you haven’t played a BioShock game before this is a great place to start and it won’t provide any spoilers to the other games.
  63. Mar 30, 2013
    I owe this game a 10/10, it was brilliantly written, an artistic marvel with an incredible twist as I know only Bioshock can deliver. It had me engrossed from start to finish, but not only the story-line is great, but the game-play is smooth, fluent and wonderfully fun (especially the skylines) and the enemies are intelligent. Can't find a way to knock it, just make sure you play it withI owe this game a 10/10, it was brilliantly written, an artistic marvel with an incredible twist as I know only Bioshock can deliver. It had me engrossed from start to finish, but not only the story-line is great, but the game-play is smooth, fluent and wonderfully fun (especially the skylines) and the enemies are intelligent. Can't find a way to knock it, just make sure you play it with everything turned up to max for the best experience of the year! Expand
  64. Mar 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is the best game I have experienced in 20 years of gaming. This game is brilliant, simply said and raises the bar to a new level of quality never before seen in gaming history. Have I mentioned how much I love this game.
  65. Mar 26, 2013
    Now this is what i call a good PC game. This is not no sad port of a console game, this is a righteous PC game the likes of Bioshock 1. It runs like a gem, beautifully, gracefully, it feels like a proper FPS, the graphics and artwork is marvellous and top-notch. The story pulls you right into it. I could not stop playing for 5 hours. It is just that breath-taking. This is an absolute MUSTNow this is what i call a good PC game. This is not no sad port of a console game, this is a righteous PC game the likes of Bioshock 1. It runs like a gem, beautifully, gracefully, it feels like a proper FPS, the graphics and artwork is marvellous and top-notch. The story pulls you right into it. I could not stop playing for 5 hours. It is just that breath-taking. This is an absolute MUST PLAY title for this year. Expand
  66. Apr 10, 2013
    How anyone could give this game a low score is just mind boggling, Infinite was Just AMAZING. one of the most complex/original story's, its hard to talk about the game without spoiling anything ,so just play the game, it'll be well worth your time
  67. Mar 26, 2013
    The quality of this game is almost unparalleled. Graphics that amaze, a winding story that keeps you on the edge of your seat with deep characters that are believable. A game that will be looked back on as one of gaming's greatest achievements 15 years from now. Great job Irrational Games!
  68. Jan 25, 2014
    Game is great. However, it is far from perfect; at least on PC. There are a few notable things that nearly all PC games have that this game simply lacks with no explanation other than it being a port. The graphics are good, but feel like they are targeted towards consoles again since they don't take advantage of many aspects of the Unreal engine that are almost laughably easy to implementGame is great. However, it is far from perfect; at least on PC. There are a few notable things that nearly all PC games have that this game simply lacks with no explanation other than it being a port. The graphics are good, but feel like they are targeted towards consoles again since they don't take advantage of many aspects of the Unreal engine that are almost laughably easy to implement even to the most amateur of UDK newbie such as reflections). The art content is very nice.

The game design is where the game feels lackluster in comparison to its predecessors. The level design and agency of the game feel extremely stifled. There are a few "decisions" here and there that make no difference, all customization items are strewn about randomly meaning that the map and enemy design go unaffected by them in the long run. The characters and bad guys also feel silly. I really wish that there was at least some sort of open worldedness and a way to explore in more ways.

Another problem that I have is why on earth can you not have multiple saves, let alone being able to save where you want. Bioshock 1 and 2 had this why does Infinite not. I just started another game to let my friend play and had to lose all my previous progress. It is uncalled for. There are other things such as the Vigor wheel obviously being geared towards controller use and weapon limiting but the save problems are the worst. I know this is a minor gripe but this should have been addressed.
  69. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is hands down the game of the year, it outshines anything i've seen in the past 5 years with not only splendid graphics, but with a intricate story that makes you so engaged in the game you won't want to get off until you are done. And then, once you have finished, you will want to replay it at least one more time. This is, in many ways, a benchmark for games, something peopleThis game is hands down the game of the year, it outshines anything i've seen in the past 5 years with not only splendid graphics, but with a intricate story that makes you so engaged in the game you won't want to get off until you are done. And then, once you have finished, you will want to replay it at least one more time. This is, in many ways, a benchmark for games, something people have to strive for, and hope they can achieve, a true masterpiece. Expand
  70. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is simply magnificent. I had very high expectations for this game, and not only were they fulfilled, but I was completely blown away. The story is one of the best of ANY video game ever, which could possibly compete with the first game. The graphics are INSANE. (People giving low ratings, PLEASE don't complain about poor graphics because most likely your not running at ultra) IThis game is simply magnificent. I had very high expectations for this game, and not only were they fulfilled, but I was completely blown away. The story is one of the best of ANY video game ever, which could possibly compete with the first game. The graphics are INSANE. (People giving low ratings, PLEASE don't complain about poor graphics because most likely your not running at ultra) I ran this games at medium and at high at times and still I was overwhelmed. Combat is the most fun I think I've had in any game, the sky rail things are so much fun, and although I would have liked to see more vigorous, they are all really nice abilities to have. I was never short for money, like in the first bioshock, but I wasn't floating in it either, the balance is perfect with this game. The game is a good length, never getting boring of repetitive. ELIZABETH is what makes this game a 10/10 for me, the most sophisticated AI I have EVER seen, along with one of the most interesting and intriguing characters ever seen in a video game. I only have 1 minor compliant. The game has no manual save feature, This not only means that I have to wait for an autosave point (Which are reasonably frequent) when I want to save the game.. It also means that I cant replay levels to see how they would turn out if I picked a different choice. Overall, the game is stunning, emotional, intuitive and revolutionary 10/10 MUST BUY. Expand
  71. Mar 26, 2013
    I've been playing for a good few hours now and must say that I'm although enjoying myself. This is the first game in the Bioshock series that I've played but the game seems to allow for that without issue. Here are some good points I've discovered:

- Wonderful graphics, running well on my GTX 460 until I get my new graphics card back again with high FPS on 'high' setting - Interesting

- Interesting characters you can sympathise with
    - Great combat animations
    - Fun skyhooking!

- None so far!

This game seems to have generated a lot of positive critic and user reviews, it has however received very few 'mixed' reviews which I take to mean that people either love it, or are placing 'counter reviews' on it because they dislike some aspects of it but want to see it's overall score lowered.
  72. Mar 26, 2013
    Um excelente jogo adoro este maravilhoso jogo. joguei o um e o dois varias vezes, estou muito encioso para começar a jogar o terceiro, pelo que já vi e pesquisei tenho certeza que esta noto 10000
  73. Apr 6, 2013
    This is an intelligent mans game. The story is one that will be broken down and speculated about for days, or even weeks. Graphically it is top notch. There are very few glitches or bugs. It lacks crippling DRM and is playable within seconds of installing. If you are looking for a story that will make you think, then you owe it to yourself to experience this game before you die. It'sThis is an intelligent mans game. The story is one that will be broken down and speculated about for days, or even weeks. Graphically it is top notch. There are very few glitches or bugs. It lacks crippling DRM and is playable within seconds of installing. If you are looking for a story that will make you think, then you owe it to yourself to experience this game before you die. It's a must play. Expand
  74. Apr 11, 2013
    Most overrated game ever. As a shooter it has badly balanced gameplay (f.e. I've completed game on medium (2nd of 3) difficulty level using only one magic type (fireball), but the game gives us lots of them). The scenario is not THAT good. Yeah, the ending is quite interesting, but other story is quite ordinary.
  75. Apr 8, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a good game. Not great. Just a good game. It is also over-hyped, with many giving it a 10/10 or calling it "Genre Defining" even one I've seen called it "Next to perfect". Those are wrong.

What's Good: 1/ It's Bioshock (Yay!) 2/ Fun gameplay (Use of guns and Vigors) 3/ Reasonable graphics 4/ Good set-peices 5/ Good characters 6/ Love the Skyline What's Bad:

What's Good:
    1/ It's Bioshock (Yay!)
    2/ Fun gameplay (Use of guns and Vigors)
    3/ Reasonable graphics
    4/ Good set-peices
    5/ Good characters
    6/ Love the Skyline

What's Bad:
    1/ Reasonable graphics that don't really change from max settings to min. (resource whore as well...)
    2/ Can only carry two weapons at a time
    3/ Most of the Vigors are useless and lack a feeling of power
    4/ A couple of Vigors are overpowered
    5/ Easy. Even easier than the first Bioshock
    6/ The new gear system doesn't make sense
    7/ Huge info dump at the end
    8/ Red tears are never explained, what are they? What do they do? We may never know.

But the worst thing wrong with this game is the ending.
    1/ It's nothing compared to the ending of the first (Unfair comparison, I know)
    2/The ending is predictable (No really, I guessed at most of the ending within the first hour)
    3/ Poorly thought-out ending (It ignores the base rules of time travel, ignores its own logic and is just ridiculous)

In short. It's a good game but because of the poor ending it is not the "Genre Defining" game we all wanted. Get Bioshock Infinite but give it time to drop in price, it's not long until the Steam Summer sale.
  76. Apr 20, 2013
    I hate to do this to one of my favorite franchises around, but i must. This is not an awful game by far, it just doesn't meet with Bioshock 1 standards. Graphically not better than the first. Story not even close to the first. Gameplay... hmmm not better than the first but not terrible. Overall just a fun game and ok story line, nothing great. I'm a bit disappointed
  77. Apr 4, 2013
    This is by far one of the best single player experiences in recent memory. The gameplay is fun, the story is fantastic and well executed, and you actually care about the characters. That's rare in games these days, but Bioshock Infinite pulls it off wonderfully. I am a fan of the Bioshock series in general, and now after playing though Infinite, and again in 1999 mode, I can honestly sayThis is by far one of the best single player experiences in recent memory. The gameplay is fun, the story is fantastic and well executed, and you actually care about the characters. That's rare in games these days, but Bioshock Infinite pulls it off wonderfully. I am a fan of the Bioshock series in general, and now after playing though Infinite, and again in 1999 mode, I can honestly say this is my favorite of the trilogy. I am an older gamer, of the Atari generation, and still a hardcore gamer to this day. I have played so many games over the years that I am no longer easily impressed or engrossed by a game anymore. So I have to give kudos to the devs on Bioshock Infinite, they did it. An easy 10 out of 10. Expand
  78. Mar 27, 2013
    An excellent FPS that freshens up the genre like it's 2 predecessors did. This is a work of art that excels in every area, a must buy for action game fans.
  79. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. You can clearly see a lot of time and effort was put into this game with all the small details in the environment and people. The graphics are amazing and runs silky smooth on my PC. The gameplay is fun with fast paced action and using powers called Vigors similar to Plasmids in the original Bioshock. The story is amazing and you will have to playBioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. You can clearly see a lot of time and effort was put into this game with all the small details in the environment and people. The graphics are amazing and runs silky smooth on my PC. The gameplay is fun with fast paced action and using powers called Vigors similar to Plasmids in the original Bioshock. The story is amazing and you will have to play through this game yourself to find out. Expand
  80. Mar 28, 2013
    Balls out, best game i have ever played. It even tops the half life serie. The game is beautiful to look at. Especially in the first 10 minutes of the game they really show you how amazing it looks. My mouth was open and my eye's were getting dry. I just didn't want to miss a second of it.
    After the first few minutes of looking around en enjoying EVERYTHING, you get thrown into the action, AND ACTION IT IS! you get alot of guns and special attacks, and the way of fighting is amazing.
    The storyline is also REALLY good. I"m the kind of person that reads the newspaper on the ground, and listens to recordings. But if you rather play the game and have some action, even then the story is clear. And it's not like this easy half written weak story, no, not at all. It's beatiful :)
    I don't care what 2013 may bring us, THIS is the game of the year right here.
  81. Mar 30, 2013
    Im gonna keep this short.

Its game like Bioshock that make you happy to be a gamer but more importantly its experiences such as Infinite that make you grateful to be alive... P.S Listen to all those people that give this game a low score, read their reviews take it all in, think about it, take them seriously and then when you've done that buy the game and then you can see for
    Im gonna keep this short.

P.S Listen to all those people that give this game a low score, read their reviews take it all in, think about it, take them seriously and then when you've done that buy the game and then you can see for yourself just how extremely wrong those people are...
  82. Mar 31, 2013
    By now it should be obvious how good this game actually is. everything in this entire game is perfect! its setting, graphics, narrative, game-play and it's mind bending ending, without spoiling anything, i can tell you that the ending is pretty hard to wrap your mind around. and i can't write this review without mentioning Elizabeth at least once, because she is without a doubt the bestBy now it should be obvious how good this game actually is. everything in this entire game is perfect! its setting, graphics, narrative, game-play and it's mind bending ending, without spoiling anything, i can tell you that the ending is pretty hard to wrap your mind around. and i can't write this review without mentioning Elizabeth at least once, because she is without a doubt the best sidekick you'll ever see in a video game! not only is she a well written character, but she is so useful throughout the entire game, in combat she'll give you supplies without it even bothering you. you owe it to yourself to buy this game, even though i got only 13 hours out of it, you won't regret it! Expand
  83. May 4, 2013
    I thought this game was really great. I consider myself a strong Christian and I wasn't offended at all. I think that there are cults in the game which much like the first Bioshock, have a tendency to walk along the lines of Christian stories and twist them. That's what makes an enemy a good one, they are false teachers and psychotic in their thinking. I'm getting the jist that KenI thought this game was really great. I consider myself a strong Christian and I wasn't offended at all. I think that there are cults in the game which much like the first Bioshock, have a tendency to walk along the lines of Christian stories and twist them. That's what makes an enemy a good one, they are false teachers and psychotic in their thinking. I'm getting the jist that Ken Lavine is atheist and his perspective of Christianity is what a person would think from seeing it from the outside. Much like people like Bill Murray and other prominent atheists alike.

The story arc is somewhat convoluted and can really cause someone to think for a few days after beating it. But with the help of site commentaries I was able to get some good insight and understanding of all that happened. Even with such a convoluted story you do come to peace with the overall story and everything wraps up pretty nicely in contrast to movies like Inception and Prometheus leave you with more questions than answers. You can also go through the game over again and check out video snippets throughout the campaign that give further insight and detail.

The only bad parts were the middle section of the game that seems somewhat muddied and has senseless parts, but they aren't long enough to disengage you from the final experience.
  84. Mar 28, 2013
    A piece of art through and through.
    The amazing art style, the graphics, the narrative, the story, the characters, the gameplay just everything are in perfect harmony.

One of the best shooters of all time!
  85. Apr 23, 2013
    I love Bioshock 1, System Shock 2. Bioshock Infinite has an incredible atmosphere, but then again, that's all it's got going for it. The game is absolutely playable. But it is a completely generic first person shooter. All problems in the game are solved in 1 way. Brawns, not brains.. Shoot with guns, take cover, use a tonic, take cover, jump on a "skyline" (gimmick to move from place toI love Bioshock 1, System Shock 2. Bioshock Infinite has an incredible atmosphere, but then again, that's all it's got going for it. The game is absolutely playable. But it is a completely generic first person shooter. All problems in the game are solved in 1 way. Brawns, not brains.. Shoot with guns, take cover, use a tonic, take cover, jump on a "skyline" (gimmick to move from place to place) etc.

I'm not sure what Ken Levine meant with the "1999 mode" because there is NONE of the depth of System Shock 2 in this game. In this, I am disappointed in Ken Levine. He started some of the most seminal works in gaming, including the Thief games, System Shock 2, and Bioshock. Now Bioshock 1 was already a "step back" from System Shock 2. But having read about the "1999 mode" I naively assumed this game would move the opposite direction away from dumbing down the gameplay. But really, 1999 mode is just a difficulty setting, that's all it is.

If you haven't played or been exposed to as many classics as I have, then I'm sure this will live up to the hype for you. But know that something 'better' has been made in the past, by the same man.

7/10 some incredible atmospheres, sceneries, great art direction as always.. but... Gameplay is king. And it is this game's weak spot unfortunately.
    Gameplay>Story>Art>Tech>
  86. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite: The best pc game of 2013, I am 100% sure of it. Story is brilliant, even though the ending takes some time to settle in, once you dig into it, it all makes sense. The setting is perfect, even though I was a bit suspicious about moving away from my beloved Rapture. Enemies are superb, well thought through and some are a bit challenging at times. This game follows up theBioshock Infinite: The best pc game of 2013, I am 100% sure of it. Story is brilliant, even though the ending takes some time to settle in, once you dig into it, it all makes sense. The setting is perfect, even though I was a bit suspicious about moving away from my beloved Rapture. Enemies are superb, well thought through and some are a bit challenging at times. This game follows up the good Bioshock series by keeping the game mechanics and the good feel, unlike most other new games coming out nowadays (See Far Cry 3, DmC, Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3, Hitman Absolution and so on..) The graphics are so-so. At a distance the graphics truly shine and some of the effects are just beautiful, but at close some items and textures are really poorly drawn, but nothing big. Here might be my favorite part: No quicktime events. I was really scared this game would follow up to the usual crap new console ported games come with, but Bioshock Infinite didn't bring anything awful from the consoles, it all worked very well on PC. No multiplayer however, unlike in Bioshock 2, but it wasn't really needed, even though it worked perfectly in Bio 2. My only complain about this game is that, it's too short. 15 hours of gameplay and it left me feeling like there should have been more gameplay with the Vox Populi for example. I hope the game developers decide to make tons of future dlcs for this game, as it needs more content. All in all, a fresh breath from all the crap we've seen come out in the last few years. Bioshock Infinite has all the major aspects put just where they need to be. 10/10. Expand
  87. Apr 4, 2013
    Great game, really intense, i wish this game would have last longer than 15 hours!
    The City looks great, the character are "belivable", the soundtracks just awesome!
    And the End... Ah this end...
  88. Mar 26, 2013
    From the very beginning I was blown away by the visuals, not simply the quality of the graphics themselves, but how every little detail of the world is fleshed out. From the posters and newspapers, to radio broadcasts and NPC conversations, Infinite really make the world feel real. I felt like I was presenting an E3 demo for the first few hours, as a walked around slowly taking in everyFrom the very beginning I was blown away by the visuals, not simply the quality of the graphics themselves, but how every little detail of the world is fleshed out. From the posters and newspapers, to radio broadcasts and NPC conversations, Infinite really make the world feel real. I felt like I was presenting an E3 demo for the first few hours, as a walked around slowly taking in every bit of atmosphere. Gameplay wise, I'd give it a solid 8.5/10. Its not revolutionary, but there are quite a few things that freshen it up, including impeccable pacing, and the wide open aerial sequences. Last, but certainly not least, it story. Story is the reason this game is such a masterpiece. It's aided greatly by the game world, as you'll hear NPCs having interesting conversations, and the environments themselves are constructed in a way that the player begins to ask questions. As in the original Bioshock you pick up recordings, which fleshes out the story even further. Elizabeth herself however is the greatest attraction. I felt as if she came out of a Disney movie, with an expressive face, flawless animations, and a curiosity that can clearly be seen. By the end of the game you really do care for her, which is a hard thing to do in a video game. In conclusion, the game really is perfection. Stop reading this and go buy it. Now. It will take you on a journey that few games can come close to.
    PS: Don't rush through it. Take your time and enjoy the little things. You'll be glad you did.
  89. Mar 29, 2013
    Warning to everyone. Pay attention to the story details if you desire to understand such a complex ending. The game has to be the best first person shooter in quite a long time, it is definitely going to be the best one this year. The scenery and level design has to be praised here. The game is by no means linear however with a simple press of a button, you get a clear direction on whereWarning to everyone. Pay attention to the story details if you desire to understand such a complex ending. The game has to be the best first person shooter in quite a long time, it is definitely going to be the best one this year. The scenery and level design has to be praised here. The game is by no means linear however with a simple press of a button, you get a clear direction on where to go. Yet you can still venture off to a room where you can loot some ammo or search for voxaphones (audio tapes that give you tidbits of background information.) My favorite character is Elizabeth, she's smart and in the beginning of the game she lightens the whole mood. You see her grow as a character, as she learns more about her parents and her whole predicament. It's really great to see the main protagonist and Elizabeth become almost partners. Religion and racism play a huge role in Columbia, this adds a whole different type of realism. It's almost like they are trying to recreate America before it's civil war. Irrational games, thank you for such a gem. Expand
  90. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The atmosphere of this game is just stunning, the graphics, music, voices and so on just perfectly fit together. I've never been bored for a single second playing this game and you definitely have to fall in love with Elizabeth.

There's really only very little to criticise, the gameplay overall is fantastic. The only thing I would change is the weapons system since you can't really focus on your favorite weapons because you need to change your weapons pretty often. That's because you either run out of ammo for your weapon or because you need to adapt your weapons to the tougher enemies.

The story is very complex, maybe too complex for some people. Yes there remain unanswered questions after the ending and there's room for interpretations and it doesn't have a classic hollywood happy ending but that's one reason why Bioshock infinite ist outstanding. And in fact the game does reveal all important secrets about Booker/Comstock and Elizabeth/Anna, where they come from and what their motivations are. But I have to admit that I did like the Bioshock 1 and 2 endings a little more.

However there is no such thing as a perfect game but Bioshock Infinite is as close as you can get, that's why I gave this game a score of 10.
  91. Apr 4, 2013
    Great game, groundbreaking story. It's difficult to talk about why the game is so great without going into spoilers, but I'll say this: The gameplay is very fun (though not innovative). The story is awesome. Play it through to the end.
  92. Mar 31, 2013
    This was truly an unforgettable experience. I was positively captivated by the storyline, the aesthetics, Elizabeth especially, and rather enjoyed the games combat mechanics-- the weapon variation was vast, as were the powers (granted a few were mechanically similar) giving you the opportunity to apply some means of premeditation to every combat situation and a deserving arsenal should youThis was truly an unforgettable experience. I was positively captivated by the storyline, the aesthetics, Elizabeth especially, and rather enjoyed the games combat mechanics-- the weapon variation was vast, as were the powers (granted a few were mechanically similar) giving you the opportunity to apply some means of premeditation to every combat situation and a deserving arsenal should you choose to ignore that and run in head first guns blazing. Expand
  93. Apr 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Having played Bioshock 1 and 2, I found the gameplay experience very familiar, since Irrational did not forget what made the first two games successful. The new setting and 1st person perspective are extremely positive--even my wife likes the visuals of Columbia. What I was not prepared for was the ending--it took me completely by surprise and left me feeling... well.. a little sad. Now that's good story telling. And yep, I'm playing it a second time. Expand
  94. Mar 27, 2013
    10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said. 10. Enough said.
  95. Mar 28, 2013
    Game of the year. Incredible story line, if you're a fan of the Bioshock series, this is definitely going to rock your world. Graphics are astonishing, lighting is incredible and voice acting is superb.

I did miss some of the "creepiness" of the other series, but i have to see beyond that in this masterpiece of a game. I think it might have been the best game I've played in a loong time, and I've played a lot.
  96. Mar 29, 2013
    Had to sign up just to respond to this one idiotic comment. The guy that's offended thinking it's racist to have a white and black person together? Are you living in a cave? Wow just wow, some people make my brain want to explode. I'm glad you wasted 60 bucks, serves you right.
  97. Mar 29, 2013
    I liked this game alot. This has the feel of previous Bioshock but in a completely different setting. Waiting eagerly for the next Bioshock. The graphics of the game were unbelievable. I would like to see this game again further on with a better graphics card. This game supports playing with three monitors. On the older Bioshocks you had to use a hotkey to adjust the fov so that it looked good.
  98. Apr 5, 2013
    One of the best games I have EVER played. Story was fantastic, graphics were amazing, gameplay was fun. Sometimes it has too much shooting scenes but it's not that bad thing. I just fell in love with this game.
  99. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I usually keep silent, but I can't with this. I'm a game love and a programmer, so I always appreciate the gameplay and also the game construction. Graphics and story aside. I would barely call this a "modern" game in a time when player personal experience is key.

First play, I was easily able to get through the came on difficult level. There was such scene control for User Interface that it was more like playing a movie than a game. Modern games should be more than just a game you play once. I've heard the halflife argument and I'm a huge fan of Halflife, but this is what halflife had this doesn't: Replay-abililty! Even when Halflife was done, I would replay "fight" sequences on halflife over and over, trying different tactics. I think the game creators of bioshock INF. knew this, which is why the game seems for force you onward, not giving you a chance to replay your favorite fight sequence, because you won't have one.

I also played the game through twice, chose all different options in the game, and it had no effect on gameplay. Terrible choice to put the game in a racially charged environment, asking the player to make a racial choice, then that choice has no effect. In a world that publicly pelts interracial couples, which side you are on makes a difference. It's insulting to have the game start with such a powerful personal choice that makes no difference! Take this as a foreshadow for the whole game whether you make careful choices or sleep you way through, the game give no greater reward. So don't bother searching you soul here, just click a choice, forget it and move onward.

This is also reflective of the 'quantum' concept as well. They use the premise that all realities exist and therefor changing one reality can have no effect because in another reality it will happen, which is why no matter what you do doesn't stop the main character. And what was the game designers solution: change reality. What? Stopping baptism in one life doesn't stop it in another, as so stated by the game itself!

They set up the potential that they could create a game with choices that made a difference on gameplay, yet in the end, all players end in the same place, which would feed to their quantum concept that you can't change the outcome because all outcomes exist. It almost feels like the story writers and game designers weren't working together. Like the maps and characters were make here, and the story somewhere else, so when they were put together, the story is vast and wide, and the gameplay narrow.

They created a beautiful world with a super-charged environment, and all they had to do was create a few alter-characters that would talk to you if you made this choice or that, and that little effort would have made the game worth playing again, and choices worth making. Instead, they chose a homogenized experience in a polarized world.

It's like a mediocre high budget film. You'll love it for the effects, find holes in the story, and in the end best waiting until you have a slow weekend and it comes out on video to see. Ultimately, I recommend that people wait till the cost comes down, and then play it once, have fun, and expect to not want to play it again.
  100. Apr 27, 2013
    Why do people find this game so great? it does not deserve the 9.5/10 score it has. Pretty graphics (even tho graphics doesn't make a game), The game. Is short, you do the same thing over and over again, still a descent game. Once again, I have no idea why people love this game so much. It has one of the highest score on metacritics.

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]