8.5

1. Apr 8, 2013
    I'm really trying to find meaningful mistakes to rate this game less than 10 out of 10... but I can't. Whatever the little, possible problems it might have, everything is washed away by how wonderfully briliant the overall experience is. When I finished the game, I was in awe. The graphics are stunning and the art direction is nothing short of fantastic, the soundtrack is excellent, theI'm really trying to find meaningful mistakes to rate this game less than 10 out of 10... but I can't. Whatever the little, possible problems it might have, everything is washed away by how wonderfully briliant the overall experience is. When I finished the game, I was in awe. The graphics are stunning and the art direction is nothing short of fantastic, the soundtrack is excellent, the gameplay addictive and the story... oh boy, the story. First of all, I've been noting that some reviewers are citing this to be an "incoherent mess". It isn't. It's a complex, deep story that revolves around so many creative fields and subjects (racism, religion, equality, fanaticism, metaphysics, EVERYTHING is in this game) that it makes me wonder what sort of amazing inspiration the guys at Irrational have been looking through. You WILL care for the characters, you will be shocked by the twists and the ending will make your jaw drop to the floor. Bioshock Infinite deserves ALL the praise it's been getting; was it hyped THAT much? Yes, but totally lives up to it, and manages to surpass it at every single turn. This is the prime example that games are, indeed, a major for of art. Expand
  2. Jun 15, 2013
    Booker(protagonist) and Elizabeth(side-kick) are interesting characters. The Vigor’s are an interesting idea though severely under-powered initially. The guns are fun to use but the set pieces are tedious cover-based shooting galleries with the only challenge being that some enemies take more bullets to put down than others. Despite playing this on a PC I had to use a controller, the keyBooker(protagonist) and Elizabeth(side-kick) are interesting characters. The Vigor’s are an interesting idea though severely under-powered initially. The guns are fun to use but the set pieces are tedious cover-based shooting galleries with the only challenge being that some enemies take more bullets to put down than others. Despite playing this on a PC I had to use a controller, the key board lay-out defies logic and the mouse feels awful, no amount of tinkering with acceleration and sensitivity made the mouse a viable option. Like Tomb Raider I had to take a break when I walked into yet another room filled with waist high walls. The first hour or two are really interesting and immersive but the action is tedious. I haven’t bothered to finish the game. 5/10 for some fun in Columbia with Booker and Elizabeth. Expand
  3. Mar 27, 2013
    You are absolutely absurd. You down rate the game for such reasons as you don't like the thematic, it's not realistic enough, or just to be a troll. Do you realize how many years ago this game started to be advertised, and yet here you are having bought it, IF you don't like these kinds of games why do you buy them in the first place. Take for example, I don't like Guild Wars 2, I don'tYou are absolutely absurd. You down rate the game for such reasons as you don't like the thematic, it's not realistic enough, or just to be a troll. Do you realize how many years ago this game started to be advertised, and yet here you are having bought it, IF you don't like these kinds of games why do you buy them in the first place. Take for example, I don't like Guild Wars 2, I don't play it, but most people say it's an excellent game...why am I going to go troll about it and give the game a bad rating since I already know beforehand I am not going to like it? Moreover, if you want a game that's tailored to your every need and desire, why don't you go make your own game? exactly! You don't have to sit here and be a troll and ruin it for others who would have probably liked the game. They weren't making the game only for you, like your very own personalized version or something like that. You do not gain anything by trolling, if a person want to buy the game they will do it regardless of what you post here, because it is their choice that they can make, and no matter what some troll on the internet says is going to stop them ok. By have a nice day. Expand
  4. Apr 1, 2013
    I've read a lot of reviews on here, some 10's and some 0's. I'd like to put the record straight.
    Firstly the graphics. Columbia looks good, but not 2013 good. The graphics are ok but they feel a 3 or 4 years old. The FOV can be ramped up but up close the Unreal Engine looks poor. The enemies are bland and repetitive and Elizabeth's character is very plain. The sound is top notch with some classic early 20th century music thrown in for atmosphere.
    The story is neither here nor there. You can take it or leave it. Personally it left me with a bit of a headache. The gameplay is very good though. I had some of the most memorable firefights I've ever had in single player gaming and I enjoyed being able to have Elizabeth to bring in some cover or a bit of help.
    One question, why did they stretch the game out by making me backtrack through a whole area?? This spoilt it!! I gave up collecting everthing and looking for everything after the first couple of hours.
    I loved the start and the end but halfway through I stopped playing for 2 days and loaded Crysis 3 up again. When I got back it was worth it but you just feel cheated at times. It's as though the developers ran out of ideas and decided to pad the game out.
    Don't get me wrong I enjoyed playing Bioshock Infinite but it's nowhere near a GOTY and not a 10 out of 10. If I had paid £30 for this I would have been a bit upset but I paid £35 for this and Crysis 3 together so no hard feelings 2k. In short, good game to play over Easter but if it was an Xbox game, I'd be trading it in when finished. Wait for this to drop in price, it's worth £19.99.
  5. Jan 12, 2014
    It is a good game but not a great one. I wasn't going to grade it, but it got too overrated for me. The worst part was the game's repeatability and predictability (especially if someone has already played it's predecessors). Also, it had a slight console taste, which never gets along with my game taste buds.
  6. Apr 7, 2013
    Half-Life 2 just lost the throne as best single player campaign ever and the ending even tops the 6th Sense film ("I see dead people"), it's that good.

I can always appreciate a good single player campaign with an engaging story and oh boy, did they deliver with Bioshock Inifinite. I just finished the campaign and it was fantastic. Probably the best campaign I ever played and that

I just finished the campaign and it was fantastic. Probably the best campaign I ever played and that says a lot. The first Bioshock I couldn't really get into. I guess the city of Rapture was a bit too horrific and claustrophobic for my likings. But this game I love: Fantastic art direction, atmosphere, absolutely mind-blowing story (probably the best I ever played) and a great reflection on the darker parts of the history of the US. There's a lot to this game that makes you think and look things up on Wikipedia.

People who are on the fence of getting into this game, I can wholeheartedly recommend it if you like a great story and can appreciate great art work and atmosphere. I you play a campaign for the action/shooting only, then this game is still very solid but might be not too spectacular for you.
  7. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is totally worth the money and the time spent. The atmosphere is great. The story is awesome and has some mindblowing twists. Elizabeth is a nice character and helper and it's a pleasure to watch her relationships with Booker. the gameplay is similar to previous Bioshock games. A lot of exploring, collecting supplies, finding secrets and shooting enemies. The battles are prettyThis game is totally worth the money and the time spent. The atmosphere is great. The story is awesome and has some mindblowing twists. Elizabeth is a nice character and helper and it's a pleasure to watch her relationships with Booker. the gameplay is similar to previous Bioshock games. A lot of exploring, collecting supplies, finding secrets and shooting enemies. The battles are pretty boring though. You always try to end them up quick to move the storyline forward. Expand
  8. Apr 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Re-skin of Bioshock 1. The story is OK, I wanted to complete it to know the story, i was really interested. And since I was spoiled about the end by the THOUSANDS of spoilers around the internet, it just got me more interested in the story. So I decided to give it another try. Got up to the part where Elizabeth kills Daisy Fitzroy. Story is average till now. I REALLY want to know the whole story, but I'd rather watch a 'Bioshock Infinite The Movie' then grind through the God-awful gameplay. Skylines are an attempt to try and give you a break from the awful combat. The re-named Vigors are just plain ol' copies of powers from various games, including Bioshock 1,2 and Dishonored. Elizabeth was interesting, and at least kept me interested enough to keep playing. Gameplay: 4/10. Graphics: 9/10. Story: 7/10.Enemy design and AI: 2/10. Originality: 3/10. Protagonist 1/10. overall: 6/10.

I'd advise anyone to play infinite if they don't have any other game to play and have played EVERY SINGLE game in their collection. If they are bored and have nothing to do. you over-hyped users who gave false reviews and made me lose my 60 bucks.
  9. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is just one thing: An AWESOME MASTERPIECE! Best FPS I played so far, and yes, i'm playing video games since the mid '80s! Nothing more to say, just play it! Totally worth the Money!
  10. May 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a negatively toned review because there are plenty of orgasmic reviews to sing the praises of Bioshock Infinite.

Story-- 4
    "Infinite" is an appropriate descriptor considering the increasing prevalence of deus ex machina moments in games. Infinite saddles you with a sappy, labyrinthian story that relies on quantum mechanics to tie some of its nonsensical ramblings together. You are set up from the very beginning with false pretenses of the most basic mechanics of the world you're dropped into. It cheapens, if not outright destroys, the sense of victory and accomplishment expected at the conclusion of a game.

Another offender on the story train is the killjoy twist element. Every time things appear to be looking up for our depressed protagonists, some bastard writer decides it's the perfect time to throw a nasty curve their way. The ending, I'm displeased to say, contains a rapid-fire series of these as a disgusting means of attempting to tie the spaghetti mess together into a coherent narrative. While I realize that most endless stories tend to thrive on conflict, it does not, by any means, need to be so pervasive that it destroys the elation of success or outright eliminates it.

Mechanics-- 6
    One gameplay mechanic that was poorly implemented, and overwhelming misrepresented in early gameplay demos, is Elizabeth's "assistance." In combat, she'll occasionally "toss" you items, such as health or ammunition when you're running low on resources. While this is useful, it is a poor attempt to cover how ludicrously limited your inventory is (that is to say, there is none, as with previous Bioshock entries). In this day and age, this is an unforgivable decision/omission.

There are difficulty levels for a reason. Some people prefer the hardcore difficulties that present a challenge in all aspects of the game, not just combat. Others, myself included, prefer to sit back and enjoy a game with plenty of frenetic action, but without the time-consuming mania of resource micromanagement.

Returning to Elizabeth's assist mechanic, outside of combat she will occasionally (read rarely) toss currency your way. I experimented a bit to see if there was any specific trigger for her behavior, but I could not consistently reproduce her behavior. I would enter an area, spy some loose currency and approach, ignore, and pass by it. She neglected to respond to this direct stimulus. However, in certain areas, where I could swear a swept the floor, she would out of nowhere miraculously produce currency. Imagine my dismay when even Booker neglected to respond in most cases, rarely offering a word of simple acknowledgment, let alone thanks. (It's the small things.)

Graphics-- 7
    The visuals in Bioshock Infinite are a mixed bag. The ocean effects are quite stunning. Textures are good in two places. Elizabeth and Elizabeth. That's about it. Just about everything else appears to be orders of resolution less stunning and detailed. At one point you see Elizabeth's back with a disturbingly realistic bruise on it. It was a jarring juxtaposition given the art style. Water effects on other materials are quite nice, but in their common appearance on wood planks you find that sometimes planks intersect in unlikely ways that tug at the immersion factor.

To counter the apparent endless attention on making sure Elizabeth looks stunning at all times, she acquires a brooch that she attaches to her choker. From then on you are treated to a distracting show where the brooch follows her head movement and not the choker (her neck).

Gameplay-- 4
    It's Bioshock, not your average FPS. The treasure hunting aspects is typical and consistent with other entries in the franchise. Generally boring to a fault and a failed opportunity to involve the player in the backstory of the world.

Weapons are abysmal and underpowered as always. How many shotgun blasts can your average, unarmored metro cop take? More than you'd think, and twice as many as you'd imagine. How many weapons can Booker hold? Not enough. Apparently he's never heard of slings or holsters. And with all the ammo he's carrying around (read a handful) you'd think he was storing it in his mouth.

How many rockets does it take to kill a patriot automaton? Far too many for even a sliver of realism. Granted, I did play the game on the hard difficulty, but let's stop scaling everything against the player and scale it both ways (they do more damage and so do I) that way the realism is enhanced not thrown completely out the window. Honestly, you'd never find a rocket launcher. But if you did, it would kill anything it hit in a single shot. How satisfying is it to acquire "the best weapon in the game" only to have it inflict only a spoonful more damage than the rest of your arsenal?

Conclusion-- 5 (not average)
    I beat the game in 14 hours. I wasn't trying to. I was walking around lazily gazing at the scenery for most of that time. But the last several scenes are incredibly frantic. Wait for a sale.
  11. Apr 3, 2013
    I don't remember when was the last time i actually uninstalled game that i hadn't even played through yet. Well this unfortunately was one of those times. I could compare this game to so many different FPS games out there and this just outright repeats every single one of them. I cannot understand why critics are giving 9 & 10 ratings to a game which is repetitive pipeline run throughI don't remember when was the last time i actually uninstalled game that i hadn't even played through yet. Well this unfortunately was one of those times. I could compare this game to so many different FPS games out there and this just outright repeats every single one of them. I cannot understand why critics are giving 9 & 10 ratings to a game which is repetitive pipeline run through game. I'd say this game is like Dishonored 2.0 with more advanced graphics but still alot less content and almost no replay value at all. Expand
  12. Mar 27, 2013
    I have never before been inspired to write a review for any game, and I have played hundreds over the years. It has been a long time since I have been compelled to play a game through immediately after completing it, but this is an exception. If anyone ever had doubts over whether video games can be good art, I invite them to play this. Each aspect of the game is pulled off to a tee, theI have never before been inspired to write a review for any game, and I have played hundreds over the years. It has been a long time since I have been compelled to play a game through immediately after completing it, but this is an exception. If anyone ever had doubts over whether video games can be good art, I invite them to play this. Each aspect of the game is pulled off to a tee, the acting, graphics, art design and combat are all stunningly beautiful and simultaneously highly enjoyable. I was amazed by everything I heard and saw throughout the entire experience, and the ending made my head want to explode. If anyone is reading this, and looking as to whether or not to buy this game. Just do it, I don't care about your financial situation or the timing. Just do it. Expand
  13. May 24, 2013
    The best of all the bioshock series.
    This game is highly recommended for all the people who want something other than a mindless shooting game.
    You will not regret it.
  14. Mar 27, 2013
    On of the best games ever made...for me is the best First Person ever played...when you playing Infinite,YOU hate any other games...
    10 for Bioshock Infinite...
    Thank's Irrational Games...& Thank you Mr Ken Levine ____________________ with this code you can play Bioshock Infinite On "MOD 1999": Xbox 360/PC Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A PS3: Up, Up, Down,
    10 for Bioshock Infinite...
    Thank's Irrational Games...& Thank you Mr Ken Levine
    ____________________
    with this code you can play Bioshock Infinite On "MOD 1999":

Xbox 360/PC Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A

PS3: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, O, X
  15. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would love to give this game a ten out of ten. I so would. But alas, I cannot. I cannot fault Bioshock Infinite's beauty, the atmosphere of the city of Columbia. The Immersion of that, the two main characters of Elizabeth and Booker were amazing and enjoyable to have, the luteces were a great twist, I was enjoying the game until the end. Initially I had an amazing look in my eyes as the end played out... but it seemed rushed and all explained within the last ten minutes. A great twist that should of been given an extra 10-20 minutes to play out with multiple choices for the ending (Or even those choices you made earlier in the game actually counting to something)

The combat brought a few great ideas (the tears and the skyline mostly) but once again only a handful of battles actually used them to a great extent. And some vigors were just... never used by me, they had potential but my play style was just not going to use them.

However, despite these shortcomings, I come back to the immersion and the enjoyment of the game and thus I give this game a nice, well earnt nine out of ten.
  16. Apr 6, 2013
    WoW the Game was so good Best of the 3, all i miss is big daddy :P
    The ending was WTF OMG NFW... so shocking i loved it...
    The Game-play is the same with some acrobatics but the whole thing is far better that the old!
  17. Jan 3, 2014
    This game sucks because it tries to be an intelligent game, but only in the history, in the gameplay, is just a generic linear and repetitive shooter, where you never have to think or use your brain. I mean, Portal 2, Braid, Half-Life, are examples of intelligent games because the history in these games is good and intelligent, and the gameplay too, you need to think in these games toThis game sucks because it tries to be an intelligent game, but only in the history, in the gameplay, is just a generic linear and repetitive shooter, where you never have to think or use your brain. I mean, Portal 2, Braid, Half-Life, are examples of intelligent games because the history in these games is good and intelligent, and the gameplay too, you need to think in these games to advance, they have puzzles.

Bioshock Infinite is a stupid game disguised as a intelligent game, because when gives the control to the player, it treats the player like a dumb person that dont need to worry with anything beyond shoot the enemies. The scenarios are linear, the game have no puzzles, and you have even a button that draws an arrow on your feet pointing to the right direction for you to follow (as if it was necessary, the game is linear!).

Elizabeth is nothing special too, is just a character with fixed interactions with the scenarios, that help you in combat just like Elika in Prince of Persia (2008) and Alex Vance in Half-Life 2, but is not better than anyone of them.

My 6 score is because the art of the game is great, and combat is cool too, but nothing so special.
  18. Apr 6, 2013
    I loved this game so much, from start to end. I started to play this when it first came out at midnight, and was so immersed, the sun was up and I didn't even notice. There are minor flaws, but I was expecting those because the game is still fairly new. It was very good and polished for the most part. This game nails it on the head in about every subject. I am not trying to fanboy here,I loved this game so much, from start to end. I started to play this when it first came out at midnight, and was so immersed, the sun was up and I didn't even notice. There are minor flaws, but I was expecting those because the game is still fairly new. It was very good and polished for the most part. This game nails it on the head in about every subject. I am not trying to fanboy here, but finish the game, and you will see what I mean. I don't really consider the BioShock games shooters, so people who like games such as CoD, Battlefield, etc. for the most part will not enjoy this game as much. I was getting the same feelings after I played this as I was when I finished Half-Life 2, and that is really saying something. Expand
  19. Jan 4, 2014
    Alright. Bioshock Infinite. I've only now finished this game, despite having it for a while, and I thought I'd give my impressions of it. First of all, it is undeniably overrated. Playing the last Bioshock games and moving to this one; they haven't really done anything revolutionary. Sure, it's an enjoyable game, and it mixes up the FPS genre, but it really isn't worth the perfect scoresAlright. Bioshock Infinite. I've only now finished this game, despite having it for a while, and I thought I'd give my impressions of it. First of all, it is undeniably overrated. Playing the last Bioshock games and moving to this one; they haven't really done anything revolutionary. Sure, it's an enjoyable game, and it mixes up the FPS genre, but it really isn't worth the perfect scores that are granted to it.

To start, seeing as it's a PC game, let's look at the graphics. Stunning, right? Well yeah, they're pretty good, but considering the game is linear, it isn't really cutting edge. Not to say it's ugly, but it's using the sort of water-colour pallet which can be found in other games like Dishonoured. It's nice to look at, but it isn't really the breath taking sights which appear in games such as Metro: Last Light or Crysis 3.

As for the gameplay, it's fun, and I can lose time in it, but it can feel a little bit shallow at times. Before you rage against me, examine the 'vigors' of the game. The same as plasmids in the former Bioshocks, they give you superhuman powers with which you can wreck everything. But among them, there are just a few too many similarities for my liking. Bucking Bronco, Undertow and Shock Jockey all have effects which aren't particularly unique. The first upgrade essentially stuns an enemy. The second upgrades mix things up a bit but then other similarities can be found; for example the mine effects of Shock Jockey and Devil's Kiss. Some are more interesting, like Charge or Possession, but in the end they don't act too differently to, say, shooting an enemy in another game in a weak spot and watching them recoil. Add some gunplay of which the most interesting part are the gun noises, and it failed to give any memorable weapons, or moment's that I'll remember using them.

As for the story...it's interesting? Elizabeth is a nice character, but I feel as if she's kinda there to cater to the audiences' idea of a perfect girl, or something thereabouts. Booker is one of those protagonists with a grizzled attitude, tough guy exterior blah blah blah. He had some interesting moments, but most of those seemed to be swept up in his choices. Some of the more interesting plot developments later on in the game just made me feel disconnected; I won't spoil them, but it feels as if your actions have less effect on your own environment, and that just makes me question Booker's actions all the more.

All in all, it's not a bad game by any means. Moments like moving around on the sky rail were always fun, but I just feel that it hasn't really turned out to be as good as everyone said. Gameplay is solid, graphics are nice and the story will probably leave some people in love with the characters, but I don't think it's worth full price, especially if you're buying for a console for whatever reason. Wait for a steam sale, pick it up and play through it and then you'll be able to get all the necessary references. If you're not interested in that sort of thing, then you might want to give it a miss.
  20. Apr 9, 2013
    Game lost in gameplay and difficulty, but has become more adult story, more action and, of course, Elizabeth. She the central figure in the narrative and the post as she is alive, she is alive responds to the world around you is looking for supplies. Enemies behave quite adequately, shame that still kill them easily. However postoanovochne fights, plasmids, their sequencing, and razlchnoeGame lost in gameplay and difficulty, but has become more adult story, more action and, of course, Elizabeth. She the central figure in the narrative and the post as she is alive, she is alive responds to the world around you is looking for supplies. Enemies behave quite adequately, shame that still kill them easily. However postoanovochne fights, plasmids, their sequencing, and razlchnoe weapons and great action in the battles will not be bored. Expand
  21. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is truly amazing! A must buy! The visuals in this game are truly amazing. I haven't seen something so amazing in a really long time! Just every detail in there is truly breath taking and wonderful. Further you go in the story the more confused and interested you get in it. No it's not confused in a bad way but more of a mystery. As you progress things go deeper and you're left toThis game is truly amazing! A must buy! The visuals in this game are truly amazing. I haven't seen something so amazing in a really long time! Just every detail in there is truly breath taking and wonderful. Further you go in the story the more confused and interested you get in it. No it's not confused in a bad way but more of a mystery. As you progress things go deeper and you're left to wonder what the hell is going on here and you just feel the need to progress and they explain but only so much that they want you to keep going to the end. It's really well told! The gameplay is pretty much the same except for the Skyrail which is a very amazing addition. Challenge is up to you. I selected Hard for my first play through and holy crap was it Hard. I found myself dying often as the AI overruned me. Length is about 9 or 10 hours if you spend it looking through everywhere yet I still somehow missed some things. I also think that's due to how many times I died. I will be playing this game a second time and I want to see the bad ending myself. So this game is truly amazing and shines in dark times of this horrendous gaming industry. Great Job Irrational Games, 2K Marin, Human Head Studios, 2K Games. You gave IG as much time as they needed and it shows in this masterpiece. This game just barely shys away from a 10 due to almost no changes in the combat from previous BioShocks but it still lands a 9 because of... well everything. This will always be in my collection and it should always be in yours! Expand
  22. Mar 31, 2013
    To people crying about anit-christian whatever, remember this is a free country,not a theocracy, and your religion is basically a cult. Try this. Instead of coercing people into your religion, brain washing your children into your religion, and pushing your religion like crack dealers, how about just letting people use their brains and see if they actually choose your fantasy withoutTo people crying about anit-christian whatever, remember this is a free country,not a theocracy, and your religion is basically a cult. Try this. Instead of coercing people into your religion, brain washing your children into your religion, and pushing your religion like crack dealers, how about just letting people use their brains and see if they actually choose your fantasy without being forced. Do you really think the average person, like your children, would choose to live their lives based on a fantasy if given a choice? Of course not, that's why you brain wash them into being religiously insane it makes you feel better about your insane choice and keeps more zombies in the fold. Few people can escape the hell that is being raised a religious clone. Expand
  23. Mar 26, 2013
    Possibly the greatest opening I've seen in a video game. Truly inspirational work here. The lighting is fantastic. The shooting is solid the special abilities are cool and the story is superb.
  24. Mar 27, 2013
    fantastic game well worth the wait, i love it and for all those who say dated graphics, why dont you get rid of you dated consoles or get a PC that can actually run this game.
  25. Apr 13, 2013
    I'm one of the few guys who doesn't understand the score of this game. It's an ultra basic rail shooter with a poor Call of Duty-like gameplay. It's really beautiful and artistic, yes, I give you that. But is this what video games are about? They're giving 100% to an interactive movie. I'd recommend a million times Dishonored over BioShock Infinite. It's also a recent FPS, with an artisticI'm one of the few guys who doesn't understand the score of this game. It's an ultra basic rail shooter with a poor Call of Duty-like gameplay. It's really beautiful and artistic, yes, I give you that. But is this what video games are about? They're giving 100% to an interactive movie. I'd recommend a million times Dishonored over BioShock Infinite. It's also a recent FPS, with an artistic and original visual identity. But its gameplay is a hundred times more deep. Open spaces, tons of different approaches, moral choices with impact.
    Oh and, before I forget, System Shock 2, the ancestor of the BioShock series, had skills, inventory, open spaces, SHODAN (the character who inspired GladOS)... Don't you realize AAA games nowadays are designed to be reaaaaally easy on your brains?
  26. Mar 26, 2013
    this game is damn near perfect in a shooter. if you have not bought this game yet, quit wasting time and get it. easy to play this game multiple times. one of the biggest twist endings to a great story.
  27. Mar 26, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is proof that big-budget video games can be a mature and insightful medium for telling a story. Infinite is not afraid to take a very critical look at some of the less savory aspects of American culture, like racism, sexism, etc., something that very few mainstream video games even begin to address.

Other games, such as To the Moon and Thirty Flights of Loving, have

Other games, such as To the Moon and Thirty Flights of Loving, have also managed to tell emotional and powerful narratives, albeit for a tiny fraction of the resources that were undoubtedly spent making Infinite. However, just because Infinite is a AAA title is no reason to write it off. In fact, it's validation that even video games made with lots of money can dare to be good, and dare to be different, than every other Call of Duty and Battlefield and Halo game out there.

Infinite addresses heady themes and issues within its narrative, something that just doesn't exist in most other mainstream video games, and that's what makes this game so important. Play BioShock Infinite, because it's more than just a "game". It's more than just about getting the next killstreak. It's not afraid to go outside the confines of the generic conventions of the FPS shooter, and tell an interactive story that's practically impossible to experience in any other medium. BioShock Infinite is, quite simply put, unlike anything else.
  28. Mar 26, 2013
    Great game with one of the most immersing atmospheres I've ever experienced. The game play is throwback Bioshock and the graphics on my mediocre PC are astonishing. I have been switching between using my mouse/keys and a game-pad and I find that they both work equally well, it just depends on preference. I have to say that Bioshock Infinite contends with Dark Souls as my most favorite gameGreat game with one of the most immersing atmospheres I've ever experienced. The game play is throwback Bioshock and the graphics on my mediocre PC are astonishing. I have been switching between using my mouse/keys and a game-pad and I find that they both work equally well, it just depends on preference. I have to say that Bioshock Infinite contends with Dark Souls as my most favorite game in recent memory. Expand
  29. Mar 26, 2013
    This game sets a new bar for the fps genre, it reuses the unique formula of the previous bioshock games and implemented it well. And I'm glad Irrational games and the crew took the time to polish the game. This game is a great experiences and it is possibly one of the stronger contestants for Game of the year.
  30. Mar 26, 2013
    Played this for about 3 hours, thoroughly enjoying it. The graphics compliment the setting, making it particularly immersive (especially with the Christian imagery throughout the opening, adds some extra 'flavour' to it). Overall the gameplay itself has been enjoyable so far; on harder difficulties it presented some form of challenge, forcing me to use multiple tactics such as placingPlayed this for about 3 hours, thoroughly enjoying it. The graphics compliment the setting, making it particularly immersive (especially with the Christian imagery throughout the opening, adds some extra 'flavour' to it). Overall the gameplay itself has been enjoyable so far; on harder difficulties it presented some form of challenge, forcing me to use multiple tactics such as placing traps. If you're expecting the creepy, eerie atmosphere of Bioshock you may be disappointed although it is somewhat eerie, the dark setting of the original is lacking in this game, but this wasn't a big issue for me. A major issue I had regards the controls and interface only being able to carry 2 weapons felt restrictive, and the keyboard setup (Z is the default to ADS, for example) felt a bit awkward, but this is resolvable. Overall a cinematic experience with a few minor issues, but an exciting, colourful game nonetheless. Expand
  31. Mar 26, 2013
    Right let's get one thing straight... I loved original bioshock, and number dissapointed to no end. Bioshock Infinite is good: 1. Gorgeous graphics 2. Average gameplay not overwhelming amount of effort has gone in to making the gameplay positive though at no point was it bad or unplayable, plus seen no glitches in full play through on day one since release. 3. Very short, very very shortRight let's get one thing straight... I loved original bioshock, and number dissapointed to no end. Bioshock Infinite is good: 1. Gorgeous graphics 2. Average gameplay not overwhelming amount of effort has gone in to making the gameplay positive though at no point was it bad or unplayable, plus seen no glitches in full play through on day one since release. 3. Very short, very very short only about 8-10 hours of play is a bad point so know that it won't be a game that will last. 4. Most importantly the story of this game is absolutely out of this world this game has the best story of any game released in recent history not to say it could easily trump most highly appraised games of old as well. So all in all if you are looking for a game with a lot of shooting and killing and such go back to playing COD kid this is a game for those of us who love a great narrative frankly I think this game could be the best game I have ever played, when it comes to story at least, and few games match the beautiful graphics that are jaw-dropping for even the most jaded players. If anything give it a look and if you are not interested in playing it at least watch someone play through the thing so you know the story as it is worth seeing cuz it is amazing Expand
  32. Mar 26, 2013
    I just had to create an account for this game. I couldn't resist. I never played the first two Bioshocks (however, friends of mine are huge fans of Bioshock 1), but after going back and forth with myself on whether I should pre-order, I convinced myself. I don't regret it one single bit. This game is by far one of the most outstanding games that has come out in the last decade. I don'tI just had to create an account for this game. I couldn't resist. I never played the first two Bioshocks (however, friends of mine are huge fans of Bioshock 1), but after going back and forth with myself on whether I should pre-order, I convinced myself. I don't regret it one single bit. This game is by far one of the most outstanding games that has come out in the last decade. I don't believe in giving 10's. To me, a 10 shows that the game is perfect. And this game is perfect. The graphics, the setting, the story, the gameplay, everything feels amazing and plays amazing. Not to mention that, in my opinion, this game just set a new bar for FPS games to reach. It's new and innovative, and everything works so well together that it immerses you into its amazing world without letting you go. Elizabeth is a very lovable character, and for once, you don't have a companion who's a bullet sponger. She doesn't even take damage during combat, but you'll FEEL the need to protect her, or at least that's how I felt. If you're hesitant in this game, don't waste another second. Grab this game ASAP because it will completely blow you away. This game is worth the $60 price tag that I paid for alone, not to mention that I also got a copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and the first Bioshock, two games that are both amazing as well. My congratulations to Irrational games for creating an amazing masterpiece. I look forward to more great games such as this. Other developers? Take notes, because this is how you make a masterpiece. Expand
  33. Mar 26, 2013
    A game that successfully blends intriguing narrative and immersive gameplay is a rare gem that will be talked about in years to come. An absolute masterpiece that stands with games like the first Bioshock, Half Life and Fallout.
  34. Mar 26, 2013
    Giving it 9.5 out of 10, but going to click 10 to offset the mindless reviewers who give it 0 because supposedly the 'graphics are horrible.'

Forget what they say: The graphics are so good you'll feel like you've died and gone to the sky city of Columbia; lighting and water effects reach a new high in this game, creating the effect the world is alive before your eyes. Never has a

Never has a game world been crafted so magnificently, and so memorably; it's everything you expected and a whole lot more. While the setting of the game is in a fictive sky-city, it's historical roots are presented with great fidelity and you'll feel like you've gone back in time to 1912.

The production values are out of this world; for example, you'll find yourself wanting to stay on the menu screen for an unnaturally long time because it is so beautiful. This is more than a game, it is art living and breathing art that unfold luxuriously before your eyes which will water with awesome overload.
  35. Mar 26, 2013
    An absolute amazing game. I had high hopes for this game, and it still was able to keep me engaged and constantly asking questions what and why. This game deserves all the critical praise it has received!
  36. Mar 27, 2013
    The game is so great! I dont know how many times i stopped just to stand there and watch doing nothing. It is also the first game i took screenshots to keep as my desktopbackground because its so beatiful. I also love how fluid and dynamic the game is, you never have the feeling that the story is slowing down or it is getting boring. 20 out of 10 points. Best game 2013!!!
  37. Mar 27, 2013
    For me its best game of year in category of story an gameplay so far.Not the best game ever been but still
    awsome in graphics gameplay and story line.Worth evry penny you spend on it.Of course it has some weak spots but it delivered all we want from it.
  38. Mar 27, 2013
    There is no other game in existence that has the depth of story and emotion that Bioshock Infinite has. The ending of this game is on the level of Fight Club or Shutter Island, as far as giving the player hours of things to think about. The excellent gameplay mechanics combined with the most compelling story ever told in a game make this, in my opinion, the single greatest video game everThere is no other game in existence that has the depth of story and emotion that Bioshock Infinite has. The ending of this game is on the level of Fight Club or Shutter Island, as far as giving the player hours of things to think about. The excellent gameplay mechanics combined with the most compelling story ever told in a game make this, in my opinion, the single greatest video game ever made. I dont see any game coming close to what Infinite accomplishes anytime in at least the next decade. If you have any love for video games at all, play Bioshock Infinite. Expand
  39. Mar 27, 2013
    Fa cagare. FA CAGARE. FA CA GA RE.
    Fa cagare. FA CAGARE. FA CA GA RE.
    La merda della merda, storia a cazzo e non si capisce una sega fino al finale o poco prima. Non spiega come mai la tizia abbia i poteri. Il finale fa andare a fanculo il resto del gioco che poteva anche non esistere visto come finisce. Il motore grafico los tesso di bioshock 1 e di conseguenza fa cagare come interattività (nulla), come IA (praticamente 0 dato che spesso e volentieri i nemici si incastrano o non ti notano a meno che non gli si spari in faccia da 1 cm), doppiaggio itaiano fatto di merda con 3 voci in croce, audio che spesso e volentieri ti fa sentire cose lontane come se fossero ad un centimetro costringendoti a cercare la fonte girando a caso. plasmidi che dire che fanno cagare poco, durata della storia bassissima, grafica scattosa con movimenti del mouse imprecisi fatto per usare un pad) npg che fra maschi e femmine saranno 8 o nove in totale e per il resto sono tutti uguali, la popolazione ad un certo punto SCOMPARE e rimangono solo soldati.

Non comprate questa merda, l'hopreso solo perché c'era anche XCOM compreso, quello si che un bel gioco nonostante i difetti.

Fanculo a loro e al titolo "infinite" che si spiega giusto alla fine e comunque non vuol dire un cazzo.

L'unico motivo per cui ha un voto così alto che sta uscendo tanta di quella merda che appena esce qualcosa di leggermente migliore credono tutti che sia un miracolo.

Vuoi la solita merda o preferisci una merda con pezzettini semi digeriti della cena di ieri?

Per me a malapena accettabile 5 su 10 giusto per songbird.
  40. Mar 27, 2013
    Easily one of the best games I've ever played. Incredibly deep story, rich gameplay, while not compromising the features that make it distinctly BioShock. Definitely recommend.
  41. Mar 27, 2013
    Well, I'm fresh from completing the game. And I must admit, I never in my gamer-life played one so good, with so well written plot, heavily filled with emotions, with amazing written characters meaning by it, of course Elizabeth, but also Rosalind and Robert Lutece, Comstock, and many, many more. Last hours of game are an emotional rollercoaster. And the ending left me on my knees allWell, I'm fresh from completing the game. And I must admit, I never in my gamer-life played one so good, with so well written plot, heavily filled with emotions, with amazing written characters meaning by it, of course Elizabeth, but also Rosalind and Robert Lutece, Comstock, and many, many more. Last hours of game are an emotional rollercoaster. And the ending left me on my knees all choked up.
    I never were so bewitched(and I'm a woman!) with a game companion like that since Half Life2. Damn, I deem Elizabeth as even higher than Alyx.
    With such great, well thought plot comes also very dynamic, satysfying, maybe sometimes chaotic gameplay that shows that it is a true shooter. But this game is enhancing every part of it. I never really was into gameplay, but in this game it was very pleasurable experience. Elizabeth only makes it better. Believe me she makes the difference :)
    Also, soundtrack is masterpiece. I especially love "Will the circle be unbroken" but there's a lot of music in game dynamic during fights, heating your blood, sometimes nostalgic when needed, and there's also Cindy Lauper ;)
    I can't say anything bad about this game. It's the most perfectly made game I had a pleasure to play. Well done Irrational, well done indeed. You rocked my world. Now... would you kindly give us even more such mind blowing games? :)
    Buy it, play it, you won't regret this. This game has a soul.
  42. Mar 28, 2013
    How can people say this game is a horrible game? Don't you think about the hard work that someone did to make this?
    I find this game amazing, a poem. 10/10 for me.
    Irration Game is amazing, you did a work much better than Bioshock (another amazing game): so please, take care of this game and make it always better with new updates and dlc!
  43. Mar 28, 2013
    There are certain games that live up to their hype, Bioshock being one of them. Far from the confined and cold halls of rapture we move to Columbia. A beautiful city in the sky, with busy streets and always things going on. Not many games draw you in completely but this one succeeds. Without going in to to much more detail the only thing i can conclude on is if you are a gamer you mustThere are certain games that live up to their hype, Bioshock being one of them. Far from the confined and cold halls of rapture we move to Columbia. A beautiful city in the sky, with busy streets and always things going on. Not many games draw you in completely but this one succeeds. Without going in to to much more detail the only thing i can conclude on is if you are a gamer you must play this game Expand
  44. Mar 28, 2013
    After playing the original Bioshock game with it's incredible plot and themes I thought I had experienced the pinnacle of story-telling. However, Bioshock Infinite easily makes any game before it seem primitive. This is not so much a game with a background, but a living story told by the characters and the player together. What drives you to complete the game is not the first personAfter playing the original Bioshock game with it's incredible plot and themes I thought I had experienced the pinnacle of story-telling. However, Bioshock Infinite easily makes any game before it seem primitive. This is not so much a game with a background, but a living story told by the characters and the player together. What drives you to complete the game is not the first person shooter aspect of it (although that too is truly unique and incredible) but the NEED to know what happens next in the story. The plot is nothing I would have ever expected in the most wonderful of ways and it made this possibly my most enjoyable gaming experience. The final moments of the game were incredibly emotional; joyful, confused, sadness, horror, and vindication. This game is unlike anything I have ever experienced before, and I urge everyone who wants to play (which should be EVERYONE) not to spoil ANY part of the plot. The way you learn it through the game is a work of art; much like the game which is a masterpiece. Expand
  45. Mar 28, 2013
    The quality of this game is almost unparalleled. Graphics that amaze, a winding story that keeps you on the edge of your seat with deep characters that are believable. A game that will be looked back on as one of gaming's greatest achievements 15 years from now. Great job Irrational Games!
  46. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is one of the best story experiences i have ever played. The art/design is amazing, really showing what a floating city in the sky can be seen as. The graphics compliment this really well too. The combat is fun, especially because of the skylines and different vigors. The story is also amazing, the ending is the most amazing and confusing ending I have ever seen.
  47. Apr 5, 2013
    One of the best game I have ever played and if you can play it on PC, you should do it. Great story, combat and aesthetics. Most definitely recommended.
  48. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is one of the best I have played in the last 5 years, but it is not everyone is going to see why it is such a big deal, as the makers have tried to maintain a balance between shooter and interactive story, but have ended up doing a slight disservice to both.
    I have had friends report they found the game to be enjoyable, but they were confused by many aspects of the story. When I dug in to why, it is because they completely missed key elements of the story because the game makes it far to easy to just skip the story and move on with the combat.
    If you are someone who loves a good story, and you are willing to make the effort to let the story unwrap around you, paying attention to the amazing level of detail in the environment, then this is going to be one of the best games you have ever played.
    If story isn't your thing, or you don't like digging for details, or you just want to shoot stuff... you will probably still get enjoyment out of this game, but you will be left wondering what the hype is about.
    Despite being technically "dated", the graphics in this game where some of the best I have ever seen. By embracing the limitations of their engine, and focusing on solid art direction, 2K/Irrational games have created an environment that was far more compelling to me than any of the super engines like Battle Field 3.
  49. Apr 6, 2013
    I played and loved (Still love) Bioshock 1 and 2.
    They were really awsome and I hope there will be more games telling more stuff about rapture...
    I played and loved (Still love) Bioshock 1 and 2.

Bioshock Infinite was a new experience. Everything was new and the game was not just like bioshock 1 and 2. I mean the feeling was totally new, the graphics so fantastic (I like it when games are games and not like the reality), all the dialogues funny and constructive and still it was bioshock. If you had the same feeling like me with bioshock 1: seeing this beautiful city called rapture and stuff, then you will experience the same feeling right here.

And i must say: While playing i always thought "What is this? What is happening? I don't get it!" because the game story is focused on the end where you will suddenly understand everything. I for myself started thinking about the end. I started to think about the consequences the result of the game would have. This end will even let you think about the story of bioshock 1 and 2.

For me, this game is a totally must have. But if you only want "real" graphics, which copy the reality, and no story, then play Call of Duty and stuff like this.

(I am german, my english isn't perfect but you understand what i mean, that's for sure)
    MfG
    Wilcon
  50. Apr 7, 2013
    A very nice game. The world is very beautiful creative and the story is interesting. Gameplay is interesting when you force yourself into the vigors and skylines and such, otherwise, you can basically just run down everyone with your guns. Overall good game
  51. Apr 7, 2013
    This game is awesome! The AI is good, the graphics look good, not THAT many weapons though, but enough to keep the game fresh through the whole thing, you actually use a variety of vigors, you probably won't just end up using one or two vigors, Elizabeth is really well done, the story is somewhat confusing at first, but you'll understand it after a while, the gameplay is nothingThis game is awesome! The AI is good, the graphics look good, not THAT many weapons though, but enough to keep the game fresh through the whole thing, you actually use a variety of vigors, you probably won't just end up using one or two vigors, Elizabeth is really well done, the story is somewhat confusing at first, but you'll understand it after a while, the gameplay is nothing revolutionary, but it's solid. 9/10 Expand
  52. Apr 8, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite throws you into a beautiful and well crafted world that is fantastic. The gun play leaves lots to be desired with samey guns and very boring upgrades to the weapons. The UI character Elizabeth is really well coded, in the way that it rarely gets in your way and seems to be ahead of you when you are going the right direction. The story is really great, well crafted and hasBioshock Infinite throws you into a beautiful and well crafted world that is fantastic. The gun play leaves lots to be desired with samey guns and very boring upgrades to the weapons. The UI character Elizabeth is really well coded, in the way that it rarely gets in your way and seems to be ahead of you when you are going the right direction. The story is really great, well crafted and has twists and turns that keep you playing. The only technical problems I have come across is a game crash when my GPU is overclocked which i think will be patched in the feature. My rating of 9/10 is because this game is NOT perfect, but is the best single player game i have played in the last couple of years. When compared to the single players of Call of Duty and Battlefield this keeps me interested where the others have at times bored me.
    Buy?or not?
    Well if you have a decent PC get it on the PC but low end PC users will run into trouble and have to play at bare minimum settings.
    For console players then really graphics are not the strong point of the game but are still very good.
    I would recommend you buy and play this game, it has received a lot of hype which it deserves some of but not all. If you want something that will keep you entertained for 15+ Hours then Bioshock Infinite is ad Definite buy. For PC users use GreenManGaming you get it much cheaper than through steam and you get a stream product key which means you get the same thing for less.
  53. Oct 28, 2013
    The most overrated FPS ever. The first Bioshock was a real masterpiece, but this boring, linear, killing-machine gameplay is one of the worst experiences I've ever had.
  54. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wanted to play this game so that I could shoot it down for being over-hyped. I always told my friends they were getting too worked up over this game and it's gonna be bad. Then the day finally arrived when I could finally get my chance. I don't like being proven wrong, but this time I think I'll manage.

Whether it's the beautiful scenery that catches your eye at the start of the game, the unique story line that when you play through a second time will make you go "Oh... that's deep", or just the amazing action that will hook you on the skylines of this game, you will not want to put the controller down until you absolutely have to. This game had me at attention the entire time. I was amazed with just how good it was from beginning to end. I was surprised to find that some reviewers of this game gave it anything below a 6. Granted some of the old bioshock things are missing like hacking, perks and multiple weapon selection. But in reality could one man hold that many weapons while trying to get around in a city in the sky two weapons seems more real to me. Perks have been replaced by clothing which, while you can only have 4 on at a time, are very good perks. the vigor (A.K.A. Plasmids from the other Bioshock games) are very useful and in my opinion awesome looking. The enemies are kinda bland to start off with but get amazingly better as the game progresses (Watch for that one Boy of Silence he's kind of a tool). The story is awe inspiring and very complex (some people who don't like it probably aren't bright enough to understand it).

All in all its a good damn game with a few flaws. Definitely worth all the money spent on it.
  55. Apr 13, 2013
    Another dudebro corrupted game, oh how the mighty has fallen. Systemshock, amazing, systemshock 2 awesome, this, this was crap. Corridor, corridor, arena, thats the play system. The only redeeming quality was the story, and even then I figured out the basic idea half way through their hamfisted dude bro fest. not worth the 60$ I spent on it. Want a perfect reasoning for this score checkAnother dudebro corrupted game, oh how the mighty has fallen. Systemshock, amazing, systemshock 2 awesome, this, this was crap. Corridor, corridor, arena, thats the play system. The only redeeming quality was the story, and even then I figured out the basic idea half way through their hamfisted dude bro fest. not worth the 60$ I spent on it. Want a perfect reasoning for this score check this out
  56. Apr 18, 2013
    Game-play and history are really disassembled... It's beautiful but if you look very closely, you can see every ugly details. One rail and the loot is really, really really invasive....
  57. Apr 18, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an awful game. It is overrated. 95 metascore? Well, they have spent a lot of money to get that score. The game is very boring. The graphics are really bad. I don't recommend you to buy this game because you'll fall asleep when you will play it. The same goes to the first and the second Bioshock
  58. Apr 19, 2013
    The story is very interesting, and the characters are great. The combat (which is the bulk of the game) is dull, repetitive and a decade old. The melee kills are neat, but the mechanic for using them is flawed.

Buy the game when it's $20. I quit from boredom half way through and just watched a video of the end.
  59. Apr 21, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is the best singleplayer shooter I've ever played. It's fighting with the InFamous series for the title of my favorite videogame storyline. Bioshock infinite is an unforgettable game with amazing graphics, and nearly perfect combat. I truly don't understand how anyone could give this game any rating below 9/10.
  60. Apr 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I absolutely loved this game and the overall experience so much that after playing it on hard (didn't know that you could unlock 1999 mode without playing it through) I started it again on 1999 mode (hardest). Given that 1999 mode turns off navigation help and will not allow you to continue through death if your wallet is at $0 I feel it could have just been hard instead of a setting beyond that but as that is a relatively small non-issue it didn't affect my rating at all.While the combat can be tedious at times and most of the opponents are overused and underwhelming, the story and the characters (I am including the setting as a character) more than make up for that. Additionally, the combat areas that contained skylines were definitely much more fun than those that did not. Perhaps my least favorite section of the game revolved around a single boss fight that occurs three separate times in three separate locations. At all three locations there are no skylines, endless minions and relatively few options that force you into just shooting the thing in the face repeatedly until it "dies". All three of those "fights" just felt forced and unnecessary, and you even know the last location before it happens if you are paying attention to your surroundings which makes it all that much more annoying. At least the final fight in the game which takes place aboard the zeppelin contains a skyline, has a relatively decent variation of enemies, a new combat mechanic and slightly limited supplies to make that fight more interesting than many others throughout the game.

The city of Colombia was extremely well executed and my only complaint about the city itself was that I felt we weren't given access to enough of it. From the view of the city within the clouds at various times you can tell it is huge and reaches far beyond the few main areas you travel through. Or at least it is made to look like it stretches far beyond where you go. I also felt like the skylines of a given area being confined to that given area (save for the few that took you to the next area) didn't allow you to truly explore the city as you really want to. There are sections of the city which I feel were absolute strokes of genius, Battleship Bay being one of these and the opening section of the city being another. At times I felt as if I was taking a virtual walk through an alternate version of Disneyland. While the racism could likely have been toned down I would not have enjoyed the game as much if it had. It was 1912 and Colombia was at one point a part of America which at that particular time had relatively no love for Irish people or African Americans and failing to emphasize that in this particular setting would have been an enormous mistake. The prophet's own distaste of anyone but the "white man" kind of even makes sense if you take the time to get the full story,

The character of Elizabeth felt like something more than a stereotypical AI character in need of a permanent escort mission. The Lutece "twins" were a joy to encounter every time, from the foreshadowing they provided that might have been lost or misunderstood on a first play through to the random views of them playing baseball in various sections of the city they were brilliant additions to the cast of characters. Even Father Comstock himself becomes a brilliantly executed character when you realize just who and what he is. I would go into further detail on other characters but sadly there is a character limit.

The overall story may not have been a ground shattering leap in narrative but it was definitely at least a small stroke of genius. In a time when gamers are demanding more choice than ever in all types of games, one that presents choices then tells you that those choices were meaningless as the outcome was not yours to decide is nothing short of both tragic and brilliant. Early in the game you are even told that your choices won't matter but as a gamer in 2013 you actively try to forget that when choices are presented. The story, the setting, the characters can all be described as both tragic and brilliant. How the city of Colombia and its inhabitants fit into the Bioshock universe alongside the city of Rapture and its inhabitants is even revealed before it is truly revealed yet it is still incredibly satisfying when that link is confirmed to make Bioshock Infinite a definite Bioshock title and not just something with the name stamped on it. However all of this and more will be missed if the player does not give enough time to the game to explore the city, to obtain all voxophones and to view all kinetescopes as not doing so will essentially skip integral parts of the story and therefore leave massive holes in your understanding of events by the end.

Even the music was incredible, hearing a barbershop quartet sing a rendition of a Beach Boys song upon entering the city let me know very early on that the game was going to be a very unique experience and it definitely is that.
  61. Apr 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game that doesn't really deserve any of the praise it gets. The gameplay is very easy, even when compared to the original Bioshock due to the fact that there's a two weapon limit in a linear FPS, and that there's regenerating health. Most of the RPG elements found in the previous games are nowhere to be found. Bad gameplay aside, what really baffles me is that the worst part of Bioshock Infinite, its story, is the reason it's garnered so much praise. From what we've heard, the original story was simple, but still holds up. This new story desperately tries to implement time travel to make its story seem deep, and the plot is directly ripped from Looper. Overall, Bioshock Infinite isn't worth your time, unless you have a thing for Steampunk and chicks with bob cuts. Expand
  62. Apr 27, 2013
    seriously, why the critics gave it such a high score is beyond me. maybe because was the best game around on the month it was released? maybe due to a fetish for elizabeth? the story makes little sense and lets you down. some enemies are pointlessly hard to kill. the politics at colombia (the city) is childish. too little explanation on anything. portal was witty, comic. hitman hadseriously, why the critics gave it such a high score is beyond me. maybe because was the best game around on the month it was released? maybe due to a fetish for elizabeth? the story makes little sense and lets you down. some enemies are pointlessly hard to kill. the politics at colombia (the city) is childish. too little explanation on anything. portal was witty, comic. hitman had freedom. half life had better ame play. this had none of those. Expand
  63. May 1, 2013
    The game is a decent shooter but it's honestly pretty over hyped.

Some talking points: Story- Honestly it started out fine but by the end the twists and illogical plot points became overwhelming. Without spoiling anything it completely invalidates the entire journey up to that point (even bioshock 1+2) as trivial and unnecessary. It was a pretty huge disappointment in my eyes.
    The game is a decent shooter but it's honestly pretty over hyped.

Some talking points:

Graphics: I've seen others complain about this and they definitely have a point. The bloom, fog, and light shaft effects are fairly shoddy looking throughout the game (noticeable right off the bat when you start in the rowboat). The actual art style itself is pretty damn good though I have to give them that... very steampunk and classic bioshock.

Gameplay- Overall it was decent but came up lacking in a few areas. The gun selections didn't seem to matter in the slightest- there weren't many upgrades available and you could pretty much faceroll through most of the game on the standard difficulty with any of them. For instance (despite trying different weapons) I found that none of them truly mattered and ended up melee-stomping 95% of my enemies to break the monotony.

There was little to no benefit in saving ammo, exploring, or being tactical. Elizabeth constantly refills you on salts (mana), health, ammo, money, and points out useful objects.

There wasn't a whole lot of variation to the enemies and a lot of models were simply reused later on (under a different banner with slightly different skins). They also added an upgradable shield mechanism (like in Halo) which seemed entirely unnecessary and made the game easier than it needed to be.

I did enjoy the gear upgrades (though they made my melee almost unstoppable) and the vigors were pretty decent. I would have liked the vigors more if they had more upgrades available and were actually necessary for survival instead of just there for fun if you wanted them.

Overall it's a decent game.
  64. May 10, 2013
    I Have mixed opinions. The game is good, but I don`t think people get the overwhelming subliminal context. First of all it was released on Indians Martyr day before Patriots day. Main character is unlikeble normal american who is familiar with guns. In this game Christians are pictured as demon lovers and founding fathers of USA are demonised. Why such context when America has gun controlI Have mixed opinions. The game is good, but I don`t think people get the overwhelming subliminal context. First of all it was released on Indians Martyr day before Patriots day. Main character is unlikeble normal american who is familiar with guns. In this game Christians are pictured as demon lovers and founding fathers of USA are demonised. Why such context when America has gun control in mind and why such a big marketing? I`m not bashing the game but I´m warning you to be aware. Expand
  65. May 3, 2013
    This game did not sit well with me, its an ok game but nothing more. Most of the powers have no real use the only thing I found myself really using was possession, weapons are also boring and most are useless and you can carry only two of them which I never liked in any fps game. Story was also kinda meh and it would be nice if Elizabeth could shoot back instead of just lockpicking theThis game did not sit well with me, its an ok game but nothing more. Most of the powers have no real use the only thing I found myself really using was possession, weapons are also boring and most are useless and you can carry only two of them which I never liked in any fps game. Story was also kinda meh and it would be nice if Elizabeth could shoot back instead of just lockpicking the doors that you could do yourself and occasionally give you ammo and health (thankfully she can at least keep her head down so shes not like that stupid in RE4). Expand
  66. May 5, 2013
    This review is the xbox 360 build of Bioshock Infinite- Game was played on normal difficulty and took about 11 hours to complete. Very minor spoilers ahead.

Be The bee.......... Bioshock Infinite is a rare gem. Not only in gaming but in over all fantasy story telling and lore. However, not only is Bioshock Infinite an incredible story and setting but it's also one of the greatest FPS

Be The bee..........

Bioshock Infinite is a rare gem. Not only in gaming but in over all fantasy story telling and lore. However, not only is Bioshock Infinite an incredible story and setting but it's also one of the greatest FPS ever made. Yes. It's that good.

Before, this review get's into the nitty gritty of the game, lets set up the setting and narrative arc. You play as Booker Dewitt- a pinkerton, a hired gun and over all renegade, who's only interested in the job- bring the girl, and wipe away the debt. From the very offset of Bioshock Infinite- it's clear that this will be no simple search and rescue type of mission for good ole' Booker. The intro- Like many of the Shock games, starts in an ominous way. Booker being rowed along in a boat by two faceless NPC's that lead on they no more than they are inclinded to share. They take you to a light house, form their your journey begins.

The ascention to the grand, epic and awe inspiring city in the sky, Columbia, is an incredible moment. It's gorgeous and the since of awe is astounding. It's hard to believe that with a 8 year old console devs are still putting out graphical fidelity seen in game like Bioshock Infinite. This game, much like it's addorable Elizabeth, is beautiful. The lighting, the shadders and art style is awesome. However, their are some frame rate issues and some. SOME. Muddy textures, but this game is gorgeous.

Upon arriving in Columbia, it's clear that this place is "off", and things quickly turn violent. Very, very Violent. But Booker is no N00b in the art of killing- quite the opposite. The combat in Bioshock Infinite is innovative, immersive and fun as hell. You get guns- shotguns, pistols- the hand cannon is amazing, machine guns- lots of varitey, sniper rifle and rpg's and explosive delivery type weapons. But the real star of the show is the vigors. Much like Plasmids in Bioshock 1, the vigors are the x factor of Bioshock's combat.These powers are awesome and are great at crowd control battles- the majority of combat in the game. My favorites are Murder of Crows and Return to Sender. Hell, there's even a vigor for all you Mass Effect vanguard fan boy's out there with charge- awesome. But it's not just about the incredible guns and awesome powers, but also the environment and how using the rails to get around and gain advantages over the incredilble AI of the game is in itself amazing. Destroying a certain aerial vehicle and and a certain fight that set's up the colmination of the game require's you to not only be sharp with your shooter and vigor skills but also keep's you on your toes and using the environment to gain verticality and line of sight on enemies. The combat of Bioshock infinite is great and rewarding.

The visuals and combat are only equaled by the games incredibly engrossing setting, story and voice acting- most notably Courtnee Drapper who plays Elizabeth. Drapper is amazing and did an incredible job with Elizabeth. And that's where the game shines. Lives or dies. All in. With the character of Elizabeth and her relationship with Booker. She's not just some dumb AI- she's very helpful in combat, but she's actually an incredible sympathetic character and one of the greatest NPC's in gaming history. The game would either fall or soar with her, and needless to say it tears through the sky like an F-35 raptor.

The plot and narrative of this game is absolutely ground breaking. I can't stress how far and above it is beyond anything else in gaming. But suffice it to say that nothing is what it seems in this universe that Ken Levine has created. Nothing and noone is who they are in this game, and duplicity is a central theme of this game. The plot and narrative will lose many, but those who can keep up- As it is truly "high level" storytelling, will be rewarded with one of the greatest narrative arcs in recent fictional storytelling. Again, it's that good. Creators like Ken Levine are rare. Creators like Levine in the game industry are even rarer. Hopefully, he stays in the industry because the medium needs creative minds like his. Much like his games, Levine truly set's the standard for creative storytelling in games. Bioshock Infinite is a prime example of that.

Bottome Line: This is the greatest single player FPS since Half Life 2. Yes, I said it. Bioshock Infinite is the greatest game I've played since Mass Effect 2. It takes it's place among the greatest titles of this generation. It ascends past it's predecessor and shockingly raises the FPS bar again. Buy it. Play it. Love it.

A 10 out of 10. Perfection.
  67. Aug 20, 2013
    As far as VERY linear shooting games go, this is a good one. However, I found the combat to be the biggest problem. Its repetitive and.. well... repetitive. The story is fairly well done but I guessed a big part of it half way through the game.
    Great Visuals, uninteresting characters, although I enjoyed the twins.
    I was really expecting something extraordinary but in the end, I was a
    Great Visuals, uninteresting characters, although I enjoyed the twins.
    I was really expecting something extraordinary but in the end, I was a bit disappointed. Very over rated. Removed it as soon as I was finished and plan on not getting any DLC.
  68. Dec 26, 2013
    The rating this game has is crazy! a 7 is generous. Its a matter of taste i know, but seriously, the graphics arent that good, sometimes u get stuck running around a corner or an obstacle. The weapons feel underpowered (I dont like having to shot a guy 3-5 times in the head with a rifle to kill him) and the salts arent all that different, its basically just how you want to stun the badThe rating this game has is crazy! a 7 is generous. Its a matter of taste i know, but seriously, the graphics arent that good, sometimes u get stuck running around a corner or an obstacle. The weapons feel underpowered (I dont like having to shot a guy 3-5 times in the head with a rifle to kill him) and the salts arent all that different, its basically just how you want to stun the bad guys and with what power. There has been put a lot of attention into the characters, environment and story though, which is the games saving grace. Expand
  69. Jun 1, 2013
    I have known the cause of اhigh appreciation for this game by the critics, of course game worth all that positive criticism it is wonderful of all Measurements more What I liked in the game is the environment which is rich in every detail also wonderful story in addition to the easy method of the control, but the only drawback that I noticed in the game is the ease though progressI have known the cause of اhigh appreciation for this game by the critics, of course game worth all that positive criticism it is wonderful of all Measurements more What I liked in the game is the environment which is rich in every detail also wonderful story in addition to the easy method of the control, but the only drawback that I noticed in the game is the ease though progress although i put the options on the hardest class
    Funny about it is I, and since the first day to play the game I wanted to give a negative criticism (so to go againstا all positive criticism), but I did not feel only over three hours to play without that I feel the time, feeling 've missed since the Assassin's Creed thanked the designers and I hope that there is another part in the future
  70. May 13, 2013
    Being a huge fan of Bioshock and the shock series i was very excited to get into Infinite but as i played the game it became more and more clear to me how much more linear,stock-shootery and scripted this game was.the characters in the world were either not very interessting or well fleshed out and the gunplay was boring and felt terrible.
  71. May 16, 2013
    There was alot of hype concerning BioShock Infinite and eventually i had to check it out. Having never played any BioShock games it took me a minute to adjust to its certain gameplay style but after about an hour i couldn't put the controller down.
    This game i would say has been one of my favorites in a long time. The level of creativity and detail is truly wonderful and much appreciated. while combat can at times feel tiresome after waves and waves of enemies the story keeps you going and what a story it is! loved the surreal story here and the plot twists, its just a really fun game all the way through and that feels rare these days.
  72. May 25, 2013
    First, the bad: lack of manual save. It's fine to not allow save during combat, or only allow saving in certain areas, but to disallow saving manually entirely, at the whim of checkpoints hoping that your computer doesn't freeze between them, that's just either lazy or poor design. In a game of this production value, that is completely unacceptable. To top it off, you can't play more thanFirst, the bad: lack of manual save. It's fine to not allow save during combat, or only allow saving in certain areas, but to disallow saving manually entirely, at the whim of checkpoints hoping that your computer doesn't freeze between them, that's just either lazy or poor design. In a game of this production value, that is completely unacceptable. To top it off, you can't play more than one game through you can't have multiple parallel saves. What if multiple people want to play the game? Buy multiple copies you say? For one machine? Give me a break.

For the good, there's mostly everything else: solid and novel combat mechanics with a good pacing and feel to them, well executed aesthetic and environment, not much to complain about. It's just too bad to have that mired by an experience that stops and starts and repeats every time the game freezes because games *do* freeze. All the time apparently with this one.
  73. May 25, 2013
    So, Best story game of the year, hands down, but the combat is repetitive which makes the game hard to replay. I found myself dieing alot, because i used the wrong vigors, and wrong guns, which makes me a little sad, that you have to use possession, or Sender. We did see alot of reused vigor's fx. Murder Of Crow's which is similar to bee's. And some reused guns, but i didn't play the gameSo, Best story game of the year, hands down, but the combat is repetitive which makes the game hard to replay. I found myself dieing alot, because i used the wrong vigors, and wrong guns, which makes me a little sad, that you have to use possession, or Sender. We did see alot of reused vigor's fx. Murder Of Crow's which is similar to bee's. And some reused guns, but i didn't play the game for the combat, for the story, so the only thing not make-ing me giving this game 10/10 is the combat. a good 9/10 Expand
  74. May 29, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a breathtaking game that has you in awe with the stunning scenery and enveloping audio. The game play is fun, entertaining, and provides a good challenge. The story leaves you guessing through most of it and leaves you wanting to play again to catch all the little things you may have missed. The only reason I don't give this a 10 is because there are a few graphicalBioShock Infinite is a breathtaking game that has you in awe with the stunning scenery and enveloping audio. The game play is fun, entertaining, and provides a good challenge. The story leaves you guessing through most of it and leaves you wanting to play again to catch all the little things you may have missed. The only reason I don't give this a 10 is because there are a few graphical and animation errors here and there. Expand
  75. Jun 7, 2013
    Wow...way over-rated, first time post, doubt that anyone will read this under the weight of the accolades from some.
    Nothing THAT special about the graphics, and they were the reason I went as high as I did.
    The gameplay? Not as good as Bio-shock, and that's a fact. Made item, health and salt pickup pointless, for instance. The story?...Great, except I knew who Comstock was long before
    The story?...Great, except I knew who Comstock was long before their (Dewitt and the girl) "encounter" at Comstock house...and the end...then this is a time bubble...all this occurred, including Elizabeth's life only it didn't, NONE OF IT. or did it?..end result, instead of not caring at the end, (bad enough) I actually wanted to slap whoever thought it up...
  76. Jun 9, 2013
    A very pretty game with worthless AI, incredibly boring gameplay, a limited selection of enemy types, and more undeserved hype than you can imagine. No multiplayer, no challenge, zero replay value. The so-called 1999 mode is worthless to me because after finishing the game in normal mode, it exhibits problems that are simply not going to be resolved by making the game a bit harder.A very pretty game with worthless AI, incredibly boring gameplay, a limited selection of enemy types, and more undeserved hype than you can imagine. No multiplayer, no challenge, zero replay value. The so-called 1999 mode is worthless to me because after finishing the game in normal mode, it exhibits problems that are simply not going to be resolved by making the game a bit harder.

The story is amazing only if you have somehow until now managed to avoid the concept of a videogame telling a story. If this is not a shocking new development for you and you enjoy an easy shooter without a lot of demands on the player, consider this if it ever goes below $10. Until then, save your money.
  77. Jul 12, 2014
    This game is better than i thought. Although i thought it was way over rated at first i was wrong. Very very wrong in so many ways. Although i will still say that the gameplay isnt the greatest.
  78. Dec 16, 2013
    quite good. Like many off the other critiques out there, I have to agree and say that bioshock infinite has very beautiful and extremely detailed graphics and an intricate story line that has created a new universe for fans to read and think about. Although others seem to have loved every aspect of this game, I just couldn't get into it. I felt that my abilities and health did not give mequite good. Like many off the other critiques out there, I have to agree and say that bioshock infinite has very beautiful and extremely detailed graphics and an intricate story line that has created a new universe for fans to read and think about. Although others seem to have loved every aspect of this game, I just couldn't get into it. I felt that my abilities and health did not give me enough of the invincibility feeling while playing through the game and as a result, a lot of the gameplay had to be taken out of the equation. For example, I couldn't charge into a battle and melee everyone to death anymore because enemy guardsmen/soldiers actually do a lot of damage in the game. And there's also the fact that the special enemies such as handymen and the fire-bomb-throwing-guardsmen were extremely fast and annoying. On the plus side however, it is impossible to not fall in love with Elizabeth while you are playing the game. I mean she throws ammo at you when you're low and conveniently finds first aid packs when you need healing. She can get annoying however because during certain scenes in the story she gets angsty or flighty and you have to chase after her whiny ass to get accomplish your mission goals. Expand
  79. Jan 7, 2014
    So, to be clear. I was not a fan of the first Bioshock. The twist in that was asinine and completely out of left field, it was something that a washed up Shyamalan would come up with. Infinite was good. The story, although in my opinion far from brilliant, was still very good for a video game seeing how rarely video games have good plots and actually had something of a smart twist in it,So, to be clear. I was not a fan of the first Bioshock. The twist in that was asinine and completely out of left field, it was something that a washed up Shyamalan would come up with. Infinite was good. The story, although in my opinion far from brilliant, was still very good for a video game seeing how rarely video games have good plots and actually had something of a smart twist in it, unlike the first one. I've seen people complaining about 'low texture quality'. Please, oh please tell me you are joking. The game looks fantastic. If they can make the game look great without destroying people's frame rates, why in any logical world would they not?

In my opinion, ten hours is too short for any game, as that's all it took me to beat it. Nonetheless, in comparison to a lot of "next gen" (how I hate that word due to the awfulness of a lot of the games it's attached to) games, it's damn near a masterpiece, and definitely worth trying out if it's on sale or whatever. I also had no issues with the game play, all in all I'd estimate I've played at least two thousand hours of first person shooter games and this is far from being terrible. It's not the most creative of shooters (I suppose the first Bioshock had that element going for it when it came out), but it gets the job done, the aesthetic of it all is brilliant and it has two genuinely likable protagonists. Don't overlook this one after seeing what some people have been saying about it as while they're quite justified in wanting more, by our modern game standards this is pretty good.
  80. Aug 1, 2013
    From an artistic standpoint this game is one of the best I've ever played. The first Bioshock had excellent art design but somewhat ugly graphics, and Infinite tops it by keeping the excellent design work and rendering it beautifully. From the starting area, where hundreds of candle flames are reflected in pools of clear water, to the rays of the setting sun later in the game, this is aFrom an artistic standpoint this game is one of the best I've ever played. The first Bioshock had excellent art design but somewhat ugly graphics, and Infinite tops it by keeping the excellent design work and rendering it beautifully. From the starting area, where hundreds of candle flames are reflected in pools of clear water, to the rays of the setting sun later in the game, this is a beautiful world. The story is equally fantastic, a deep, rich experience that rewards stopping to take note of the meticulously detailed game world. It's a story that knows how to use video games as a medium to achieve the best possible experience.

Ironically, Bioshock Infinite seems to suffer the opposite problem plaguing many AAA games today. While series like Gears of War are often accused of having incredibly rewarding gameplay paired with dull and tacked-on stories, in Infinite it's the gameplay which feels more dull and tacked-on than the story. That's not to say that the gameplay is universally terrible, but it's held back by obnoxious bullet-spongey boss enemies, an antiquated and confusing upgrade system, and the seemingly pointless two-weapon limit of many modern FPSes. The unique weapons and skyline combat system certainly help make things more enjoyable, but combat is not Infinite's strong point, and it would have benefited greatly from focusing less on it.

Ultimately, Bioshock Infinite is a deeply flawed game, but then again so was the original Bioshock. Both have been called "perfect" and hailed as being some of the best games of their generation, and neither of them quite live up to this. Though they may not be impossible perfection, they are still definitely worth experiencing.
  81. Jul 7, 2013
    More I played this game, more I scratched my head wondering what the hell are those critic reviewers talking about? Where are those revolutionary GOTY elements everybody is talking about? Is it after yet another corridor-shooting level full of dumb opponents? GOTY? More like FOTY (Fraud Of The Year). I had countless hours discussing with my friends who liked this game, but mostly becauseMore I played this game, more I scratched my head wondering what the hell are those critic reviewers talking about? Where are those revolutionary GOTY elements everybody is talking about? Is it after yet another corridor-shooting level full of dumb opponents? GOTY? More like FOTY (Fraud Of The Year). I had countless hours discussing with my friends who liked this game, but mostly because of Meta score... And thats the only thing they can say about it, really. "Did you saw the scores it got. Did you saw what the people say. Lol, you are so stupid". *sigh* Maybe I should score this game at least 7, but I cant. I m giving it the score by the amount of fun I got from it, which is even lower than 6, but at least interesting story ending mad my torture-to-stay-awake worth while... Dont you people understand? Because of Irrational's legacy (mostly because of System Shock games) I had great expectations. We have enough Call of Duty and their clones. Is this really what people wants from games these days? Such a shame. Expand
  82. Sep 28, 2013
    Just a mediocre console game/port with polish. But the game is mostly very easy to complete due to poor design decisions of being given back your ammo when you die yet the monsters you killed still being dead. It has glimpses of fun but the title bioshock infinite is apt, it seems to go on forever but you really wish it was over. It starts very slowly and it is mind-numbingly linear andJust a mediocre console game/port with polish. But the game is mostly very easy to complete due to poor design decisions of being given back your ammo when you die yet the monsters you killed still being dead. It has glimpses of fun but the title bioshock infinite is apt, it seems to go on forever but you really wish it was over. It starts very slowly and it is mind-numbingly linear and the shiny new gear and vigors you find you'll hardly use or notice because they aren't necessary. Waste of money especially for those who won't appreciate the artistic/story side of the game. Expand
  83. Sep 27, 2013
    An absolute masterpiece. This is what modern video games all about! The environments, characters, and plot combined make a sublime blend of action and intrigue.
  84. Aug 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock Infinite, loved by many and quoted to be a "smart game for smart gamers". Honestly, it is nothing more than a better than average shooter. First off the graphics looked great, colorful and beautiful. the only problem with the graphics is that its "too colorful and beautiful". yea i know it sounds weird but let me get this down. Bioshock 1 graphics looks good to this day, but those graphics FIT the tone it was setting for. it looked dark and scary. It fits the tone of what its trying to achieve. when infinite does the dark settings it doesnt fit. its trying to be too many things at once, and doesnt set the mood right. now the combat is atrocious. its the same shooter we've all seen "shoot him" and then continue. It tries to change it up with elizabeth passing things to you and the portal things and vigors. but its core is what we all know the shoot him and win. and dont think I forgot about vigors. vigors have NO use in this world. It is just there because its bioshock. they are simply there for carnivals. in bioshock they went through scientific breakthroughs and were able to do things that the government wouldnt allow and it made sense why it was in rapture. vigors are there for no reason! and they generally overlap and do the same thing. the experimentation has been reduced stupidly. along with exploration, its a straight line! just shoot the people in your path and move forward. sound familiar? (COD). and now the story has a good simple premise, take the girl while avoiding the bad man. it gets terrible when it tries to be complex (im not going to go into much depth here). and the ending was a FAILURE! im not mad because the protagonist died. there are some good endings where the main character dies (red dead redemption). but its whole "paradox" thing is completely convoluted. elizabeth drowns booker and that fixes everything. WRONG, if booker dies he would still be in another parallel universe! but they cover this up by "somethings are just constant". which COMPLETELY contradicts the parallel universe theory. the most thing that baffles me is that people say "its for smart gamers". no, system shock was for smart gamers, bioshock 1 was for reletively smart gamers. because in THOSE it didnt treat you like a complete idiot. when you first go to the light house you get a card that shows you the pattern to ring the bells. so you ring the bells and the door opens.............................riveting. THERE WAS NO REASON FOR THIS! there is no excuse to why this is here. let me break this down. System shock: many doors required a code which you had to find, many doors led to ammo and nanites. but you even had to find the code to continue the story, you had to remember them. Bioshock: there were fewer doors that required a code, but you still had to find audio diaries, listen to them, remember the code, and enter it manually. Infinite: only one place where you use a code. in that scene you press X to investigate a table, find the code at the end of the cutscene and elizabeth then enters the code for you and you just sit and watch. smart right?infinite would be slightly better than mediocore. It had A TOOOON of potential but completely failed and could have done way better. it is way overrated. Expand
  85. Aug 30, 2013
    New Bioshock is a good game, that's for sure but it's WORSE than Bioshock 1 and 2. How can I explain this. I just loved The Rapture. Infinite isn't the same. I think it shouldn't be even called as "Bioshock game". It's just a good FPS.
  86. Sep 24, 2013
    Personally I found this game overrated. It looks pretty enough but the gameplay is just any old average 3rd person shooter. The game consists of waves of enemies and you doing this over and over again. The story was good but I can watch a film if that's what I care about.
  87. Oct 5, 2013
    This is an interactive movie, not a game. The expectation with Bioshock is that the gameplay is in a sandbox; this one is linear. One expects to be able to skip cut-scene's and that they will be brief, most of the storyline (and advertising at the start) is forced on you. It's a half hour before you get a gun from the start of the game and some cutscene's last up to 15 minutes. InsteadThis is an interactive movie, not a game. The expectation with Bioshock is that the gameplay is in a sandbox; this one is linear. One expects to be able to skip cut-scene's and that they will be brief, most of the storyline (and advertising at the start) is forced on you. It's a half hour before you get a gun from the start of the game and some cutscene's last up to 15 minutes. Instead of adding game-play time was spent on recordings, video's, and other schwag added in all over the place. Graphics and ambiance are over the top and impracticable for a shooter; if you have a job and come home from a long day of work to get away from it all, you find yourself with a headache from sensory overload. Giving it a score of 1 because in the 3 hours of playtime, it didn't crash once and THAT is worth something in this industry. This one is for the kiddies, and certainly nobody who's ever experienced a proper FPS. Absolute garbage. Expand
  88. Nov 12, 2013
    This game does not live up to the hype. I waited to buy this game once it came down in price and could snag a good deal on steam. However, it turns out it wasn't all that good of a deal. The story line is very predictable and generic. There isn't a character I cared about or even wanted to succeed. The game play is mundane. You only have a capacity for two guns. Granted the game lets youThis game does not live up to the hype. I waited to buy this game once it came down in price and could snag a good deal on steam. However, it turns out it wasn't all that good of a deal. The story line is very predictable and generic. There isn't a character I cared about or even wanted to succeed. The game play is mundane. You only have a capacity for two guns. Granted the game lets you swap out to different guns through out the game but I had no incentive to want to switch what guns I already had. Furthermore, I didn't see a need to keep using different abilities. You could just get by very simply without using them. I believe at one point I had a tip during a loading screen that reminded me to use them. Overall, to get through the game I had to force myself to turn each page. Expand
  89. Nov 28, 2013
    It's linear, the combat is repetitive and the small amount of choices you're allowed to make have absolutely no impact on the overall storyline. Overall though, its a pretty entertaining game to play, with well written characters and a well designed world. It's not really worth a second playthrough though.
  90. Nov 29, 2013
    Going into this game I expected a lot and from the very beginning I was impressed. The graphics look great and it ran smoothly on my mid-range gaming PC on High settings. The soundtrack is brilliant and fits the game perfectly and the story is well thought out and very complex. Overall a very solid game.

The place where Infinite falls short, however, is in the gameplay category. The

The place where Infinite falls short, however, is in the gameplay category. The game pits you up against wave after wave of the same enemies over and over again. It tries to mix it up a bit by adding in some special enemies like the Fireman or the Handyman but all they do is create an annoyance as they're not very fun to battle and take a ridiculous amount of hits to kill.

With all the work that went into the atmosphere of this game, I wish they had taken a bit more time to make it worth playing for more than a half hour at a time.
  91. Dec 8, 2013
    Great atmosphere and rather interesting story however the story only gets interesting at the really end, before that it's OK though. Game has one major flaw though: you cannot save on your own. At worst I played for over half an hour to reach the next checkpoint even though I had wanted to quit a long time ago.
  92. Dec 19, 2013
    go shoot, and that's the whole game, no deposit, I do not understand what it all like?
    I dont reccomend that, i got it on steamgifts, its not a game//
  93. Jan 3, 2014
    Bioshock: Infinite is a fill in game for the original 2 Bioshock games (Fan food if you will) though that doesn't make it a bad game at all. Despite its obvious irrelevance to the series, the games story is rather interesting, although at times the voice acting can go from very good to very bad in just a few short moments what really makes this game shine is that it places you into a worldBioshock: Infinite is a fill in game for the original 2 Bioshock games (Fan food if you will) though that doesn't make it a bad game at all. Despite its obvious irrelevance to the series, the games story is rather interesting, although at times the voice acting can go from very good to very bad in just a few short moments what really makes this game shine is that it places you into a world that feels very alive. Although this is not a strength in a game like Bioshock, where you play an aggressor the entire time. Having no abilities to interact with the citizens of Columbia is a major downfall, from the star of this game you most certainly do not feel like a hero. Game feel and story aside the combat can be bland and sometimes frustrating, though the sky hook is interesting it also can place you into enemy fire with ease as you will find someone flanking you without even being aware of where they came from. This aside the combat feels rewarding even after taking down the same copy pasted enemies dozens of time each encounter still felt rewarding. With beautiful graphics and wonderful visuals and for those of you dense enough to not guess the ending, a great story though despite being filled to the overflowing brim with plot holes is captivating and interesting. However the only reason I cannot give this game a better score is that it has simply no business being a "Bioshock" game. With only a slight amount of references to the Bioshock series that not only feel forced but feel completely out of place, being a game that takes place before the creation of Andrew Ryan's Rapture there is very little in this game that justifies itself as being called Bioshock. The only reason "Bioshock Infinite" was named as such was to make money off of a franchise that was guaranteed to make sales. Even if you are a giant Bioshock fan this games ending will keep you happy as this "filler episode" of a game has no relevance in the long run of the series. However if you have never played a Bioshock game, great news this isn't really a Bioshock game anyway. Expand
  94. Jan 20, 2014
    So this was my first bioshock and i gotta say
    I was pretty good but not unreal i gound it s littke repetitive
    Not many weapons and very short campain
    Story was good and look was good id give it
  95. Feb 2, 2014
    This game was not made for me. I found it to be very boring, with the same rinse-repeat shootouts without much of a break. The story line and themes were incredibly convoluted. What a shame, considering I really like the first and second Bioshock. I will however, play it a second time on a higher difficulty to see if that makes any sort of difference. I really was hoping to enjoy this.
  96. May 24, 2014
    Last Played: May 2014
    PROS: + Some interesting story elements + Power combos feel rewarding + Not enough money to buy all upgrades mean prioritizing
    CONS: - Frequent framerate issues on high end PC - Occasional gamebreaking tiling issues (why is this still not fixed?) - Not all story elements resolved to satisfaction REVIEW: I'll be straight up in saying that shooters aren't my
    Last Played: May 2014

REVIEW: I'll be straight up in saying that shooters aren't my favorite genre, but all the hype about how good the story was intrigued me and I bought this game for what I heard was an engaging storyline with memorable protagonists. It turns out that this is partially true, in that one character (Elizabeth) is memorable, as is the gimmick of a floating city and dimension-hopping. However, the rest of the story is blah, and all ends aren't satisfactorily resolved by the ending cinimatics. Is this a relatively good story for a shooter? Absolutely. Would the story stand on it's own as a book or even a movie? Never.

But back to what I liked about the game: the power system works pretty well, in fact it is probably the best thing about this game (a megaman-like dependence on exploiting enemy weaknesses becomes important in late game or high difficulties), and the combos feel powerful, as do purchase-able upgrades. Which speaks to another positive: you cannot afford to buy all the upgrades. This means finding out what your play style is and sticking to it, which is a glimmer of integrity from the increasingly erratic 2K Games.

What sucks? Well, for starters there are FREQUENT framerate issues on a high-end PC, as well as game-breaking occasions where enemies, floors, walls, etc. are unsee-able because their skins don't show up. Is the air shooting you? It will go away with a restart, but if the autosave was in an inconvenient spot, you still have to play it over, aside from the obvious downside of completely breaking your momentum. I also have gripes about the story. The first 80% of the game explains nothing-which is fine, if you are playing a mystery game. Why doesn't this work here? Because the objectives you spent all that time pursuing no longer exist when you hop a reality. You end up with a Lord-of-the-Rings style question at the end: why didn't we just fly to Mt Doom (or the final Bioshock bad-guy fight, as the case may be) and skip the big nothing in the middle? Furthermore, only one characters motives are explained (Booker's, don't expect ever to find out what is going on with the twins) and many loose ends remain.

SUMMARY: Was this game good? Well, the last 20% had satisfying gameplay and there were moments of greatness... I'd say it is worth playing if you can get it on sale for $15 or less. Don't expect story greatness, or even bug-free gaming, though.
  97. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILERS!

Just finished the game, took me around 30+ hours.

I'm glad I decided to play 1999 mode on my first play through, it made the game really challenging and I died just enough times.

This was a really special game, what a mind blowing and rare experience! Grabbing my favorite kind of game, (fps rpg) and wrap it around a really good story. I loved how rich and alive the world feels, you really feel you're in this city with its own twisted culture and beliefs, and I loved how you were there before everything went to so you actually got to see the beauty and majesty of Columbia. I mean, the city breads believability, electronics all have a brand, and so does food, clothing, alcohol, tabaco, etc. I love how themed everything is, everything makes sense and its not only there to fill up the environment. From FINKs crates to Prophets propaganda props.
    Another thing Irrational Games nailed once again, was what I like to call environment storytelling, the way dead bodies were placed and the destroyed stuff around them, if you take a second to absolve the room you're in, you can really picture what happened in there with you're mind. I like to all this the "half eaten donut moment" from the movie Aliens, you don't always need to tell a story, just present pieces of it, like puzzle pieces, and people will put it together in their minds, and IG artists and designers always excelled at this, it is so inspiring for me.
    It really felt that the artists made the art of the game to support both the gameplay AND the story, and not only to make a pretty game, and for those who work on the games industry, you know how challenging that is!

Gameplay wise, I gotta say the combat is loads of fun! Weapons feel really good, and I found myself using a wide range of weapons through the game, but ultimately I used the Sniper/RPG combination the most. Enemies and AI are smart and challenging enough, Melee and shotguns guys strike at you while rifle and other dudes take cover and whatnot. Overall I found the combat really rewarding and fun, this is a shooter after all so I'm glad they made it compelling to just shoot at bad guys.

I gotta say though, the Vigors in the game are really poor. I found the Plasmids in Bioshock a lot better somehow and I found myself using pretty much all of them, whereas in Bioshock Infinite I pretty much only used a couple, and rarely.
    Bioshock gave you a lot of temptation to use the plasmids, well placed oil puddles, water puddles, Telekinisis to get unreachable stuff and other things. Maybe the levels in that game were smaller and easier to design/play with plasmids, but still...
    Another thing, the game never really forces you to use the Vigors, I remember in Bioshock they made you use the Electro Bolt to open certain doors, Fire to ignite certain areas and open frozen doors, etc, etc. On Infinite Vigors are exclusively used for combat, maybe they did that to simplify the game, make it more mainstream, along with the idea of removing hacking and lock picking.

Also, I kept waiting for that big moment when you had to fight the all mighty and feared Songbird, but that moment never happened, in fact, its curious how this game doesn't have many bosses, I can only think of one, Lady Comstocks ghost. You have those mini-boss guys with the crows and the handymans, but still, bit of a wasted opportunity there for a badass boss scene when Songbird kidnaps Liz and take her to Comstock.
    And speaking of Comstock, anyone else think his death was extremely anti-climatic? You slap his head and drown in a water puddle? Again, wasted boss potential there, I was expecting the final fight with the Prophet to be one of a kind.

Still in the subject of bosses, wtf was that last boss scene? If I can call it that? They just trown enemies and Motorized Patriots at you, and that's it!! No epic climax boss scene... In Bioshocks last boss scene, they make you fight Atlas, this big ass mutated and the game makes you use all the Plasmids you've got to be able to beat all the stages of the boss, which is awesome cos it makes you use everything you learned during the game, where's in Infinite you just get normal enemies being trown at you... Again, wasted opportunity for a epic climax!

Bioshock was one of the best and the most memorable games of the last decade for me, Infinite builds on top of that legacy and makes it better in many many many ways, unfortunately it was also a bit streamlined in many ways.

With that being said, this was one awesome game that will live in my memory for many years, if not ever! I might have sounded overly negative or critic, but it was only because I care about it so much and was able to see the tiny flaws of it. I can't praise this game enought though! I'll be playing it a second time soon for sure, and I can't wait for the dlcs, curious to see what they'll come up with.

Oh... And the end cutscene, with the plot twist and all, damn!
  98. Mar 30, 2013
    A bit more simplified when compared to Bioshock... yet equally (if not more) fun than its predecessor. What makes this game so special is the incredible setting and mesmerizing story, one which will be remembered as one of gaming's best... an ending that satisfies and shocks more than you could have ever wanted... and an AI companion that is all but artificial. While we're a part of aA bit more simplified when compared to Bioshock... yet equally (if not more) fun than its predecessor. What makes this game so special is the incredible setting and mesmerizing story, one which will be remembered as one of gaming's best... an ending that satisfies and shocks more than you could have ever wanted... and an AI companion that is all but artificial. While we're a part of a console-dominant era, System shock's gameplay mechanics are lost and gone, crying and pleading will not bring them back (maybe kickstarter might, who knows)...and i could have been PC-elitist-centric and whine throughout my Bioshock Infinite experience, but i can't...and wont...
    I had a lot of fun, i was touched by the story...i loved the graphics, the design and atmosphere... the music...the sounds and the voice-acting. Hope you have as much fun as i had and let the Bioshock saga continue, it deserves nothing less.
  99. Jul 20, 2013
    The game has stunning visuals and a great story line. But the execution leaves a lot to be desired. The pacing is very slow; it took me 45 minutes of playing before the shooting began. The money that you need is mostly found by searching barrels and boxes and trash cans (who's throwing away all this money?!?) and bodies. And there are a LOT of things to search... it gets pretty damnThe game has stunning visuals and a great story line. But the execution leaves a lot to be desired. The pacing is very slow; it took me 45 minutes of playing before the shooting began. The money that you need is mostly found by searching barrels and boxes and trash cans (who's throwing away all this money?!?) and bodies. And there are a LOT of things to search... it gets pretty damn tedious. Overall, the game doesn't live up to the first Bioshock, and it doesn't live up to the hype. In fact, it feels more like an RPG than an FPS; the developer is really keen on you exploring the world and eavesdropping on conversations. Bioshock 2 left me cold; I had been hoping that Bioshock infinite would recapture the magic of the first game, but it just doesn't. Expand
  100. Mar 26, 2013
    Game deserves all the praise it's getting. Some very touchy subject matter involving racism but I can appreciate how they went about it and its appropriate for the time period and how people actually thought and behaved. Will be an eye opener for many I believe. I'm about 7 hours into it myself and have enjoyed every minute. I highly recommend playing on hard difficulty as it makes it aGame deserves all the praise it's getting. Some very touchy subject matter involving racism but I can appreciate how they went about it and its appropriate for the time period and how people actually thought and behaved. Will be an eye opener for many I believe. I'm about 7 hours into it myself and have enjoyed every minute. I highly recommend playing on hard difficulty as it makes it a much more enjoyable experience and actually gives it a challenge. Expand

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]