BioShock Infinite PC

8.5

1. May 25, 2013
    First, the bad: lack of manual save. It's fine to not allow save during combat, or only allow saving in certain areas, but to disallow saving manually entirely, at the whim of checkpoints hoping that your computer doesn't freeze between them, that's just either lazy or poor design. In a game of this production value, that is completely unacceptable. To top it off, you can't play more thanFirst, the bad: lack of manual save. It's fine to not allow save during combat, or only allow saving in certain areas, but to disallow saving manually entirely, at the whim of checkpoints hoping that your computer doesn't freeze between them, that's just either lazy or poor design. In a game of this production value, that is completely unacceptable. To top it off, you can't play more than one game through you can't have multiple parallel saves. What if multiple people want to play the game? Buy multiple copies you say? For one machine? Give me a break.

For the good, there's mostly everything else: solid and novel combat mechanics with a good pacing and feel to them, well executed aesthetic and environment, not much to complain about. It's just too bad to have that mired by an experience that stops and starts and repeats every time the game freezes because games *do* freeze. All the time apparently with this one.
  2. Mar 30, 2013
    A bit more simplified when compared to Bioshock... yet equally (if not more) fun than its predecessor. What makes this game so special is the incredible setting and mesmerizing story, one which will be remembered as one of gaming's best... an ending that satisfies and shocks more than you could have ever wanted... and an AI companion that is all but artificial. While we're a part of aA bit more simplified when compared to Bioshock... yet equally (if not more) fun than its predecessor. What makes this game so special is the incredible setting and mesmerizing story, one which will be remembered as one of gaming's best... an ending that satisfies and shocks more than you could have ever wanted... and an AI companion that is all but artificial. While we're a part of a console-dominant era, System shock's gameplay mechanics are lost and gone, crying and pleading will not bring them back (maybe kickstarter might, who knows)...and i could have been PC-elitist-centric and whine throughout my Bioshock Infinite experience, but i can't...and wont...
    I had a lot of fun, i was touched by the story...i loved the graphics, the design and atmosphere... the music...the sounds and the voice-acting. Hope you have as much fun as i had and let the Bioshock saga continue, it deserves nothing less.
  3. Mar 30, 2013
    So many thoughts, and so many emotions, and often its impossible to discern one from another. I don't know how to describe it, but video games aren't known to make you feel this way. Then again, BioShock was never known from taking the well-traveled road. Be glad it doesn't.
  4. Apr 2, 2013
    Was there a problem with this game? Yes. TOO SHORT!

This game is absolutely wonderful. One of the few games that I have played straight through. Graphics are excellent. Gameplay is strategic. City is great fun to explore. Science fiction elements of the game are nicely integrated. You definitely won't go wrong to play this title. I liked it much better than Bioshock 1 & 2.
  5. Apr 4, 2013
    The thing that I love most about Infinite is it brings back classic gameplay while still innovating, sure you may not like the backtracking or the lack of hand holding, but this game was not made for casual players. This game was a masterpiece from start to finish, it clued you in to certain events subtly while providing additional details in the hidden collectibles. It pushed you to goThe thing that I love most about Infinite is it brings back classic gameplay while still innovating, sure you may not like the backtracking or the lack of hand holding, but this game was not made for casual players. This game was a masterpiece from start to finish, it clued you in to certain events subtly while providing additional details in the hidden collectibles. It pushed you to go out of your way if you wanted to discover all the pieces of the puzzle. The gameplay had you make choices constantly and hard or 1999 mode flying around the battlefield picking up any weapon you could get your hands on. A game that makes you think yet challenges your every decision, that is what makes this a perfect game.

P.S. I would go into the fantastic voice acting, breathtaking environments, game defining companion, and the absolutely sensational soundtrack, not to mention THAT ending, but I need to finish 1999 mode. Do yourself a favor and play this game at some point because it will change the way you think about games.
  6. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I almost wanted to give this game an 8, but then I remembered that I had so much fun playing it that I wanted to play it again right away! The thing about this game is that I loved it for the gameplay and characters, but it falls short in a big way for me personally. This was a fun game, but the story is somewhat flawed. Now I'll say right now, and admit right now, that in a game like this there are automatically going to be things that you have to take as is. In a fantasy/sci fi/surreal game or whatever you can call this insane game, you have to accept that there are things that there are no explanation for. Which is fine because there's no reason to spend hours explaining how the skyhooks actually work, and how you can jump from a skyline 50 meters onto the ground and take not a lick of damage. It's pointless, as Shakespeare said, "Brevity is the soul of wit", the game doesn't need to explain little things like this because it detracts from the story. But the problem is that character reactions are often... I would say confusing. >spoilers< First of all when you find Elizabeth and break her out, after she sees that she's been watched, she starts asking "What am I!?" First of all, Elizabeth is probably the best thing about the game, but the dialogue in the first part of the game is actually kind of silly. Why would she ask "what am I?" You find out almost instantly that she spent all of her time trapped in the tower reading books, that's how she knows how to lockpick, read geographical coordinates, and that crap. Yet even with all that reading she doesn't find it weird that she can open doors to other dimensions? Nothing even hinted to her that this wasn't normal? I was actually kind of surprised personally that she didn't catch on. There's a lot to be asked about her in general. Basically we are told songbird took care of her while she was in the tower, but that leads me to wonder why she can even talk or read in the first place. She acts like a refined citizen, even more strangely speaking like she's from the year 2000 (as if that is a humans default speaking tone), no old style accent or cadence like booker. The problem here is twofold; she is a fully grown, well groomed female with exceptional vocal skills yet she acts like she has no idea about things outside the tower. She seems to have a comprehensive knowledge of columbia sometimes, and other times not at all. Examples like not knowing what cotton candy are, or why there are two different bathrooms for racial types seem like pretty weird things. Especially the bathroom thing, racial separation is a pretty big thing in columbia. Beyond the strange behavior of the characters which often raises more questions than anything, the fact is Elizabeth is the most impressive AI character to ever follow you around in a first person shooter. Her facial expressions reflect the mood of the level, when you stand around she'll often go lean on something or look at an object on the ground. She will be shocked when you mutilate someone with the skyhook, on top of all of this she's about as strong as she looks aka not very. It's nice to see a female character in a video game that isn't the typical "feminist opinionated butch chick". Elizabeth is probably the most impressive part of this game besides some of the visuals that have been put together. Lastly the story. The story is a little more jumbled than the first bioshock, it still seems to make sense at first, but the later half of the game starts to get a little bit well, stupid. The closer the game seems to get to the core of all the WHY questions that have been put in your head the less it seems it's going to reveal them. The writing is the typical bioshock style. By which I mean psuedo intellectual philosophical crap. It's all the same as the first bioshock, a lot of stuff that sounds cool, but in the end could mean a million different things to different people, and ultimately fails to deliver a message that results in a conclusion. By the end of the game you wonder why you should even do anything because the longer the game goes on the more Elizabeth seems to know but can't explain to you. Eventually I felt like I was just following her around hoping for the best. In the end that's really how the game ends. With you following Elizabeth around, hoping for an answer to why and how any of what happened happened. But it doesn't quite get there. Even with all of that crap in the story though, the ending is definitely not bad and the story is definitely not boring. Albeit silly and often cryptically pointless. In conclusion great game, ambiguous but interesting story, and fantastic character personality. Expand
  7. Apr 5, 2013
    So, this is a great game, the story is amazing, the visuals are fantastic and the world was beautiful and immersive. However I did not like the combat (played on Hard and 1999 mode). Apart from the heavy hitters there was not enough variety or tactical challenge. The vigors added some depth to the combat but frankly I didn't need to use most of them and it felt a little tacked on. HoweverSo, this is a great game, the story is amazing, the visuals are fantastic and the world was beautiful and immersive. However I did not like the combat (played on Hard and 1999 mode). Apart from the heavy hitters there was not enough variety or tactical challenge. The vigors added some depth to the combat but frankly I didn't need to use most of them and it felt a little tacked on. However the narrative and characters totally washed this away and I do think this will be a strong contender for game of the year. Expand
  8. Aug 23, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a refreshing break from the bland genre that the modern FPS has become. The setting and atmosphere of Columbia really fit the time period and make for a cohesive feeling universe. The city buildings and residents fit the period with enemies and the Vox giving that "bioshock" flavor. Also really enjoyed the original music and the modern songs redone old style and aBioShock Infinite is a refreshing break from the bland genre that the modern FPS has become. The setting and atmosphere of Columbia really fit the time period and make for a cohesive feeling universe. The city buildings and residents fit the period with enemies and the Vox giving that "bioshock" flavor. Also really enjoyed the original music and the modern songs redone old style and a capella. The story is well written, structured, has good pacing and kept me interested. The mechanics of the skyline in combination with the weapons and skills allow for some interesting combinations. There are a few faults such as some uneven difficulty, some under/overpowered weapons & skills and AI lacking smart strategy (mostly just pursue and attack). Overall though its a fantastic game. Expand
  9. May 9, 2013
    Let's be honest, the gameplay itself it's mediocre, normal shooter with some special powers BUT the story and climate of this game are just perfect. The way the story is told, and it's construction leave player open-mouthed and shocked. The graphics aren't as flashy as Far Cry 3 graphics but artistically they stand on a very high level, the music is very subtle and perfectly adjusted toLet's be honest, the gameplay itself it's mediocre, normal shooter with some special powers BUT the story and climate of this game are just perfect. The way the story is told, and it's construction leave player open-mouthed and shocked. The graphics aren't as flashy as Far Cry 3 graphics but artistically they stand on a very high level, the music is very subtle and perfectly adjusted to what's happening on screen. Hands down for me it's gonna GotY in FPS category. Expand
  10. Mar 30, 2013
    Now THIS is a video game. The prime and shining example of an incredible story that CANNOT be told through any other media. It has the gameplay, it has the visuals but its the brilliant storytelling that will truly set this masterpiece apart from any other game created this generation. Bioshock Infinite stands (almost)alone in stark contrast to the stale rehashes, reboots and sequels weNow THIS is a video game. The prime and shining example of an incredible story that CANNOT be told through any other media. It has the gameplay, it has the visuals but its the brilliant storytelling that will truly set this masterpiece apart from any other game created this generation. Bioshock Infinite stands (almost)alone in stark contrast to the stale rehashes, reboots and sequels we gamers keep on receiving. This game raises the bar not just for the other FPS's, but for the entire industry as a whole, not only all gamers, but everyone in the gaming industry needs to sit up and take notice.... this is how its done. Expand
  11. Apr 6, 2013
    That game was awesome, and it's story was like Steven Moffat slapped Bioshock 2 for being bad so hard it flew past Inception, into the stratosphere and became a Planeswalker.
  12. Apr 5, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is great.. I should actually say perfect, best game so far yet this year. Based on my system, it only needs 700MB of RAM, current CPU and GFX settings turned up on Ultra, runs beautifully.. 2K did an absolutely terrific job on this one and I can well now see why it won the awards. The scores are better than even FC3, i'm surprised with that but I surely ain't saying itBioshock Infinite is great.. I should actually say perfect, best game so far yet this year. Based on my system, it only needs 700MB of RAM, current CPU and GFX settings turned up on Ultra, runs beautifully.. 2K did an absolutely terrific job on this one and I can well now see why it won the awards. The scores are better than even FC3, i'm surprised with that but I surely ain't saying it wasn't a bad game.

The game has some new stuff in it like the hummingbirds, etc. makes it look so much better. I can see alot of dishonored in the game and alot of BS1 and I was absolutely pleased with those two. That arm peace weaponry is a good tool, it works alone and is all in one. Last night after doing the mission where you fall from sky, I almost pissed myself.

It's sad to see that the hacking is gone but its great to see that tape playing and item gathering is still there, I spent an entire hour scavenging around in the begining for loose change laying around and of course other items. Steam sure did go crazy on the achievements but sure ok i'm cool with that.

I am very pleased with the price I paid for this, the game does deserve every penny. Thank you 2K for making such a beautiful and well put together game.
  13. Apr 1, 2013
    What can I say about this game that hasn't already been said? Amazing game. The story is original, complex, well told, and rarely dull. The gameplay is fun and addictive. The two central characters are very well fleshed out. I am pleased to say that, in Bioshock Infinite, Elizabeth is useful and you really start to care for her. I was worried about having to play with an NPC for 80% of theWhat can I say about this game that hasn't already been said? Amazing game. The story is original, complex, well told, and rarely dull. The gameplay is fun and addictive. The two central characters are very well fleshed out. I am pleased to say that, in Bioshock Infinite, Elizabeth is useful and you really start to care for her. I was worried about having to play with an NPC for 80% of the game, but looking back I really think Elizabeth only enriched the gaming experience. I only have one, tiny nit-pick about the game: the two weapon limit. The limit is more realistic and makes the game more challenging, BUT I found that at times I was using the same weapons over and over. Still, this is a minor complaint because the moment you finish Infinite, you will want to start a new game and use different weapons, different tactics, etc. Expand
  14. Mar 28, 2013
    The BioShock franchise and the team in Boston redefine gaming once again with BioShock Infinite. The original game was a masterpiece upon release, it still aged very gracefully.. I know this more appropriately now because I just slammed my way through both BS1 and BS2 before tonight's midnight launch. And no, I have not finished Bioshock Infinite. However, I am going to review this gameThe BioShock franchise and the team in Boston redefine gaming once again with BioShock Infinite. The original game was a masterpiece upon release, it still aged very gracefully.. I know this more appropriately now because I just slammed my way through both BS1 and BS2 before tonight's midnight launch. And no, I have not finished Bioshock Infinite. However, I am going to review this game based on my 5 hours of gameplay... why? you may ask? Because the first 2 HOURS of gameplay were more enjoyable than the entire BioShock series. It sucks you in, immediately, and never let's go. If you bought this game on launch for $60 give yourself a pat on the back. You truly made a strong purchasing decision that just helped the gaming industry as a whole. This game just paved the way for what we expect in our next gen titles! Expand
  15. Mar 10, 2014
    Frankly I don't know why this game has received such high marks. The story is convoluted, the ending is ridiculous and the entire theme of the game makes no sense. The graphics are very good and it's fun to ride the skylines, but other than that, this was a boring game and I couldn't wait to get finished with it. The demo is a highlight of one of the most interesting parts, but other thanFrankly I don't know why this game has received such high marks. The story is convoluted, the ending is ridiculous and the entire theme of the game makes no sense. The graphics are very good and it's fun to ride the skylines, but other than that, this was a boring game and I couldn't wait to get finished with it. The demo is a highlight of one of the most interesting parts, but other than that, I would recommend purchasing this game for as little money as possible. Expand
  16. Mar 29, 2013
    It is so rare that I get so deeply impressed by a game, as I did by Bioshock Infinite. This game almost made me cry, not because its a sad game or because I got it completed, but because its just so damm good. It makes it very hard to explain why it is so good, maybe by saying that if you buy this game, you will see things you have never seen before in a game. It is worth all your money,It is so rare that I get so deeply impressed by a game, as I did by Bioshock Infinite. This game almost made me cry, not because its a sad game or because I got it completed, but because its just so damm good. It makes it very hard to explain why it is so good, maybe by saying that if you buy this game, you will see things you have never seen before in a game. It is worth all your money, so go get it. Expand
  17. Apr 5, 2013
    This game is a must get. I thought it was going to be terrible. I thought that since it wasn't in Rapture it wasn't Bioshock and yet the game is just amazing. I will admit the graphics aren't the best but really graphics don't matter as much as gameplay does. The controls are tight. No choppy controls at all. It's a linear shooter like the other two Bioshock games, but what sets this gameThis game is a must get. I thought it was going to be terrible. I thought that since it wasn't in Rapture it wasn't Bioshock and yet the game is just amazing. I will admit the graphics aren't the best but really graphics don't matter as much as gameplay does. The controls are tight. No choppy controls at all. It's a linear shooter like the other two Bioshock games, but what sets this game different from the other two is that it promotes exploration. You can get different vigors faster if you explore, or you can get a lot more money or health packs or a weapon that won't show up until a different part of the game happens. Most of the game you have Elizabeth with you. Now unlike most games Infinite just straight up tells you that she can take care of herself. You can tell that she can't take damage which is great but that doesn't mean she just sites out in the open. She hides behind you and makes it look like she is trying to hide. I find her to be the best follower in any game. She has an amazing story and she is helpful in combat even though she doesn't fight herself. She finds many different things (Those things she finds are things that you can't grab so the money she found is money that you wouldn't be able to get without her) like money inbetween combat, ammo for when you're low, salts which are like the injectors in the other two games and health packs. You can go into combat in multiple ways. You can have Elizabeth open a tear to have a auto turret open fire on your enemies and as their distracted you jump onto a skyline rail and hop down and surprise them.

All in all this game is a must get for any Bioshock lover.
  18. Mar 26, 2013
    The gameplay starts slow but keeps it interesting. The skyrail is one of the best features I've seen in a game and makes the combat much more fun than your standard run and gun game. I personally loved the story and it reminded me of a psychological thriller movie. The only real negative I would say is that I don't think I ever used the trap versions of the vigors. It also got easy onceThe gameplay starts slow but keeps it interesting. The skyrail is one of the best features I've seen in a game and makes the combat much more fun than your standard run and gun game. I personally loved the story and it reminded me of a psychological thriller movie. The only real negative I would say is that I don't think I ever used the trap versions of the vigors. It also got easy once you use the grenade launcher type weapons and spam those with Devil's Kiss. Expand
  19. Mar 26, 2013
    Easily one of the finest games of this or any other generation! Just like Telltale's the Walking Dead this game has characters you actually grow attached to. In terms of gameplay it outwits both of the previous Bioshock games and in story it blows them out of the water (or should I say sky) completely!
  20. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is simply stunnig and it's really hard to explain the Game 'cause there are so much much memorable moments in it. Everything kinda in this game just works completely perfectly with everything else! I can't wait for the DLC's!
  21. Mar 27, 2013
    100 of 10.. Game of the Year! Ken The game broken all my mind. As if reading the best book in the world. My favorite franchise BioShock. 2k games Best.
  22. Mar 29, 2013
    Have not seen better game since original Bioshock of new era. This is a masterpiece no matter what anyone personal feeling of setup is. Game works as a game it keep you with the game world as game should, mechanics works pretty well, although, as an shooter it's a bit choppy time to time, but since you just wanna see more of it it doesn't even bother. The engine sense I think graphicsHave not seen better game since original Bioshock of new era. This is a masterpiece no matter what anyone personal feeling of setup is. Game works as a game it keep you with the game world as game should, mechanics works pretty well, although, as an shooter it's a bit choppy time to time, but since you just wanna see more of it it doesn't even bother. The engine sense I think graphics looks great they could of done better job at optimizing it as running pretty heavy setups and yet can't get ultra or even very high to work in playable fps tells me something could of been done better. I'll rate this 10 any day over stuff I have seen in past 2 years in gaming. Hell, having hard time to even compare this at old school shooters which were good as this one, but this sure will be one of golden pieces in gaming history remembered for whole year 2013. Expand
  23. Mar 31, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game. Everything perfect to me: action, story, npc, end of story. Has a little problems with graphic options, but i assume, that trouble in my computer. Elizabeth most beautiful game character i have seen before. 10 of 10. GOTY for me. Thx to
  24. Mar 31, 2013
    By far the best game that I've ever played. Great voice acting, beautiful graphics, open combat environments that encourage creativity, commentary on turn of the century ideas of race and nationalism, innovative and incredibly compelling and moving story, and (of course) probably the best character that has even been in a video game. Irrational did an incredible job to create thisBy far the best game that I've ever played. Great voice acting, beautiful graphics, open combat environments that encourage creativity, commentary on turn of the century ideas of race and nationalism, innovative and incredibly compelling and moving story, and (of course) probably the best character that has even been in a video game. Irrational did an incredible job to create this masterpiece of a game. Many people are already saying GOTY, but as far as I'm concerned, I will never play a game that evoked as much emotion in me as Bioshock Infinite. Expand
  25. Apr 2, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful looking game with an exceptional story. Although the story will confuse the heck out of you until you figure out whats going on, that's about all Bioshock Infinite has going for itself. The levels are really linear and the combat feels like a mere filler for the rest of the game. The game is essentially "keep shooting until next cutscene". Unfortunately theBioshock Infinite is a beautiful looking game with an exceptional story. Although the story will confuse the heck out of you until you figure out whats going on, that's about all Bioshock Infinite has going for itself. The levels are really linear and the combat feels like a mere filler for the rest of the game. The game is essentially "keep shooting until next cutscene". Unfortunately the gameplay lacks a lot. There aren't many situation where you are forced to put your skills and abilities to the test. Oddly enough, Booker Dewitt (you) can't stealth until a certain section at the very end of the game, which by the way, seems very out of place. In addition to multiple oddities throughout the game, there is never a point throughout the game where you feel vulnerable or exposed. This can be quite a letdown because the magnitude of the situation doesn't really seem that high.

There's alot of praise coming in for this game, but I think that's mainly to the fact that the story is considered by many as "deep". People assumes the game is good because its difficult to understand whats going on. True, the concept of Bioshock Infinite is intriguing, and there is no game like it; but that doesn't mean it deserves the huge amount of praise it has been receiving. Though the alternate time reality concept pops up in alot of the media nowadays, Bisohock ends up pulling it off very well. Wish there was an alternate universe were the gameplay didn't seem like such a chore. Definitely not worth full price.
  26. Apr 4, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is simply stunning. Very flexible combat with tons of powers, guns, and different enemy types make for pure adrenaline-fueled fun. The story is decisively mature, tackling racism, space & time, and the illusion of choice not only in games, but also in life. What most games are content to shy away from, Infinite embraces these topics head on. A most own, in my opinion.Bioshock Infinite is simply stunning. Very flexible combat with tons of powers, guns, and different enemy types make for pure adrenaline-fueled fun. The story is decisively mature, tackling racism, space & time, and the illusion of choice not only in games, but also in life. What most games are content to shy away from, Infinite embraces these topics head on. A most own, in my opinion. Playing on the 360 version, I did notice an inconsistent framerate almost throughout, if anything this is proof why we need a new generation of console hardware. Go for the PC version if your computer can run it. It controls great and while it is derivative of Bioshock 1, is completely unique and highly improved, and you will love the great atmosphere. Whereas Rapture from Bioshock 1 was an anarchist's utopia turned dystopia, Colombia is a theocratic dictatorship that strives for racial purification. The game has enormous detail and really respects its source materials. You feel like Colombia could be a real place. The ending is one of the best I've seen in a game, and the dialogue feels very natural, thanks to some fantastic voice acting. I love combining the powers and guns and jumping around the skylines, and just getting lost in the incredible world of Colombia. A MUST PLAY, RENTAL AT MINIMUM. Expand
  27. Apr 5, 2013
    %&$*ing haters. Let's see you do better at making something this good.
    If you wanted another Bioshock1 or 2 just go replay those. This was a great game and 1999 mode is pretty beast.
  28. Apr 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow. Simply put, wow. Definitely the best game I've played since 2000, and easily in my top 5 of all time. From beginning to end it is a visual, game play, and dramatic aspects are all amazing. The constant interaction between Booker and Elizabeth finally give a love for the characters that previous Bioshock games were lacking. On my first play through I was unprepared for the ending, and while at first it was almost a slap to the face, on my second tome through I took more time, and noticed all of the little things they did throughout the game that all made sense now, and gave me a significantly deeper appreciation for he story. Beautiful game, made even better with a second time through. As a side note, kudos to developer Irrational games for not kneeling to the multiplayer crisis that plagues gaming. More games should be this plot driven, and focusing on telling a wonderful, yet tragic story, rather than making hours and hours and hours of mindless multiplayer. Expand
  29. Apr 6, 2013
    Passed the game more races I think it's a necessity to everyone in terms of understanding the plot. Combine all the pieces of the plot. Realized that the seemingly simple plot and jokes at the beginning of the game at all, and no joke, and a huge puzzle where there is no chance and everything has a logical explanation of where millions of worlds and characters together in the worldPassed the game more races I think it's a necessity to everyone in terms of understanding the plot. Combine all the pieces of the plot. Realized that the seemingly simple plot and jokes at the beginning of the game at all, and no joke, and a huge puzzle where there is no chance and everything has a logical explanation of where millions of worlds and characters together in the world BioShock Infinite.

Again plunged the world into a utopia Columbia now with a more serious attitude to the transfer and without slack-jawed (Sorry) began collecting puzzle of this incredible story. Indeed all is not accidental, and passing for the second time more interesting (if not strange). Understood all that had not previously understood. All more or less falls into place. And I'm too young to play and was surprised the world again and again start the game and the city of Columbia as a child I was fascinated by a toy. More races thanks to the developers for such a great job, so I was amazed and TES FallOut and hope to surprise no races. Adventure in several worlds at least unofficially, to play for his bad ego, to save his daughter as though you would know and not know it. Being here and there. All this is more than decorate the passing game in the second and more races. Inspect all and see something new that had not noticed before, or that you realize that I could not understand. The plot is very hard to understand. Just epic. Such games are not enough. Go ahead and do it, not everyone can, and who can receive such laurels which were Irrational Games. Game done with incredible love, hurt important topics. Everything worked out, every detail. All this makes a huge impression, the beauty of the world changes over time, revealing his black half, the world of bright colors goes to dark tones. The world who wanted to be perfect in the end was far from it. And the religion that has the primary role in Colombia a weapon of manipulation. Discrimination, the division between rich and poor. The working class and the capitalists. Wrestling. We're changing history of Colombia. Game as I said is very similar to Dishonored, seen almost from the beginning of the game. But all the time of the devil and adventure which he had never been to, we were accompanied by Elizabeth. For me, Elizabeth became the main element of the game and I think the developers would like it and there is a sense of adventure in this Utopian little world. Incredible "live" Elizabeth takes us the whole game, and in general that protects us, and we were not the usual in games. Developers simply falling for us in it and it changes the whole game, exploring the world finds freedom. Actually a lot of what I've seen here in a different light, the main character aka Booker DeWitt think relinquish Elizabeth, as she has a greater weight and that I remembered. And the beauty of it certainly is impressive. Generally consider it the best partner, the character of women's gender, and lock with a "live" and moving the entire history of games. I think it is impossible to forget.

Verdict:

That's because of these masterpieces can be called the art of the video game industry, what perhaps may open a new covered that in the beginning it seems a joke, at the end of the main part of the adventure, what may seem to be and that which is not there. And the fact that it does not. I realized that he did not understand in the beginning. Pazl.Alleluia collected.
  30. Apr 6, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite was the best experience I have ever had in gaming. The story line was so clever, the gameplay was extremely fun, and the scenery, good Lord, it was amazing! The surrounding was so accurate to its time. Elizabeth was outstanding. She will certainly be remembered throughout the ages of gaming as the greatest female companion in my book. This game was just perfect.
  31. May 10, 2013
    The game reaches great heights for sure. The story line draws you in, and the scenes are wonderful. I enjoy the movement and the weapon use. A great sequel for sure. But in an age of open world, free to explore games, it falls far short of the perfect ten that it has been given by so many sites and magazines. The developer hit the mark with every other item of this game. But I have becomeThe game reaches great heights for sure. The story line draws you in, and the scenes are wonderful. I enjoy the movement and the weapon use. A great sequel for sure. But in an age of open world, free to explore games, it falls far short of the perfect ten that it has been given by so many sites and magazines. The developer hit the mark with every other item of this game. But I have become spoiled by games like, Far Cry, Fallout and Skyrim. Games that give me a choice. I can't play games anymore that have me standing on a treadmill headed down a tunnel. Hopefully the next edition will be more open. Expand
  32. May 22, 2013
    Be advised: BioShock Infinite is a linear, short, 10 15 hour campaign with no multiplayer and no real additional options to attract additional playthroughs, if you think you will be able to spend hundreds of hours on this game then you will be dissapointed. I'm not saying in this as a negative aspect however, as it's neccesary. This 10 15 hour campaign, is a beautifully crafted piece ofBe advised: BioShock Infinite is a linear, short, 10 15 hour campaign with no multiplayer and no real additional options to attract additional playthroughs, if you think you will be able to spend hundreds of hours on this game then you will be dissapointed. I'm not saying in this as a negative aspect however, as it's neccesary. This 10 15 hour campaign, is a beautifully crafted piece of creative storytelling, which mixes heartwarming character development and stunningly pretty visuals, with very dark themes and serious story elements, creating a wonderfully immersive journey, which as you can see from some of these reviews, has had a real emotional effect on people.

The world of Columbia is a beautiful floating metropolis, with bright and colourful art direction to house its happy citizens, which hides a ruthless racist underbelly and cultural issues by taking an interesting spin on American history. You can see the passion that went into the fine details of this unique setting, and it was a pleasure to behold and learn about.

The characters are incredibly likable, are backed up by impeccably good voice acting to represent character development which I've never before seen in a game. It's one of few games that has pulled off having an AI companion which isn't completely annoying, and in fact she is an absolute pleasure to have around and catapults the normal lonely narrative of a singleplayer game into something that almost feels like a co-op experience. This game is the first game to successfully make me really care about its characters.

The combat itself takes a step away from the more strategic, in depth gameplay of the original game, and is a lot more chaotic, fighting more enemies in bigger areas, and feels faster paced. It offers satisfying inventiveness with the array of options available to destroy your enemies. The addition of skylines, motorized tracks that follow a rollercoaster-esque design, add a sense of verticality and childlike thrill that I never thought possible. They are incredibly smooth to use, allowing you to shoot whilst moving, eject at any location you like, and even allow you to jump between them, adding an incredible sense of acrobatics to a genre where movement is usually quite stale. The skylines are probably the most addictive gameplay feature I've seen.

The music, whilst sometimes understandbly simplistic, is beautifully arranged and fits the mood perfectly, with unique sound design and voice acting which is incredibly realisitic to the time period.

It's not the normal game elements like combat and graphics which sets this game apart from others, its the sublime, beautiful moments, which catapult this experience from the ordinary pass-time of video games, to the fantastic masterpiece that everyone is raving about. This all culminates in a mindblowing ending, which is sure to cause many manly tears to be shed.

That's not saying this game doesn't have it's flaws the level design is a little too linear, some of the skills feel uninspired, it has its fair share of bugs and minor plotholes. But these flaws don't seem to hinder the overall experience, it was only after I finished and began to analyse the game did I see these flaws, I was so immersed and connected to the story and its characters that I simply didn't notice them.

This only touches the surface on all that BioShock Infinite has to offer, there is so much detail, and so many points to discuss within this game, that couldn't be summarized in 50,000 words, let alone 5000.

From a technical aspect, I would give this game a 8/10. Thankfully though, my enjoyment isn't based on analysing a games technical aspects, but is based on the fun and happyness I feel when I first play it and based on that and that alone, this is a 10/10 for me my favourite game of all time.

I cannot thank the developers enough for creating this incredible experience, which I'm sure will stay in many gamers hearts and memories for years to come. To describe this game in 1 word: beautiful.
  33. Mar 20, 2014
    As a regular game player I like to think I'm in tune with other game players. But this game has proved that wrong.

I really do not get how such a mediocre linear boring game gets such a high mark from other reviews. I tried to like the game, honestly I did . I wanted to like it. It is a beautiful game which is why it got some points. But it is the same thing over and over again. Run a bit enter an arena fight bad guys. Run some more into another arena fight more bad guys. No skill in avoiding them or getting around them. Boring boring boring. Has it really come to this when a game like this gets top marks. Is everyone blinded.

I really enjoyed the first BioShock. Plenty of options to figure out different ways to get the bad guys. The real need to conserve your precious ammo and health. All that I enjoyed of the first game seemingly stripped away.

Sorry but I really do not get the hype of this game.
  34. Jun 16, 2014
    The game-play is extremely bland and unsatisfying. However, the story-line can be interesting at times. The graphics are spectacular, but round edges and water could be better. Most of the time, I am completely lost as to why I am being attacked, and who is attacking me. The actual game-play is terrible, a very basic shooter with only 2 or 3 usable guns.
  35. Mar 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a fan of story in games, I found myself sitting at the end of the credits of Bioshock: Infinite with many questions swirling around in my head. Some about the game, some about the impact, but one that has stuck with me since: "Why does everyone think this game is a 10/10?"

Usually, with sequels, developers try to innovate and create unique experiences in a similar universe of a game. They try their hardest to replicate the success of the earlier installments, and to try and make a title worthy of the series' name.

Was Bioshock: Infinite innovative and unique? No.
    Did Irrational Games try their hardest to create this game? Not at all.

E3 2011: 15 minutes of gameplay is released. It shows creative features with environment-reactive NPC's and large landscapes with dense setpieces. Elizabeth is also shown to react promptly to the drastic actions you take. You feel immersed in this world. It is beautiful, yet dangerous.
    Did any of this make it into the final product? Nope.
    The NPC's are lifeless and absent for most of the game. The graphics may be wonderful but that feeling of immersion quickly wears off the second you push that rotating blade into a cop's head for grabbing your wrist. And Elizabeth? She'll come later.

Gameplay: Big question here: Why was this game a First Person Shooter? For a game trying to tell a story about conflicting ideals and the possibilities of alternate universes, why did shooting guards and ghosts in linear gauntlet sequences similar to Call of Duty seem to be the best choice? The "continuation" of the Bioshock name rears its ugly head here, as I feel Irrational was forced to make this decision due to keeping the similarity going. It didn't help, much similar to the gameplay changes from System Shock 2 to Bioshock. The difficulty system in the game is laughable, going up in difficulty means making enemies bigger bullet sponges, and that is it. While I understand the hype around other parts of the game, I believe 10/10 games to be nearly flawless. And the gameplay of this game is anything but, with its dull repetitive shooting galleries that take up most of the game, and with the unforgivable removal of key features that made this game unique to play. Development Hell kicked this poor game down.

Graphics: This is the only part I can see the love for. The art style really makes the game seem like it was in development for six years. It's refined and has its own quirks. Yet your immersion in this beautiful world lasts for all of ten minutes.

Story: Oh lord. While many might bag me down for saying I just didn't "understand," you're right. I don't understand. I don't understand the praise for this uninspired, bloated story with one of the most jumbled endings of any game I've seen in all of my life. The game starts with an overdone bashing of old American values, and it sure does bash you with it constantly and barrages you with "BLACK IS BAD" propaganda. It's all "THIS GOOD, THIS BAD" for hours and hours, and the game does nothing with it as you blast the white man down. For a game that is praised for pushing the story-telling medium forward, the story lacks any sort of nuance. Then, the time travel plot kicks in. Infinite realities and such. At the end of the game, you (Booker) are drowned as you eventually become Comstock, the villain, and must be killed to prevent Columbia from ever being made. At this point, multiple universes have been traversed, and it is implied that this certain Booker's (you) death will result in all Booker's dying in every universe. However, this contradicts what the infinite realities theory really is: infinite. Killing one man in one universe does nothing for the again, infinite realities that are existing. The producers tried to put as many confusing elements of quantum mechanics into their game, but failed to understand any of them. I have full faith that the story was being made up as it went along near the end. I could go on for hours on how this story is nothing short of horrid, but that's already been done by various others. Instead, I'll end it with Elizabeth and Booker.
    Booker is your hero, and a very dumb one at that. Completely ignoring all signs for him to not do what he does, he does it anyway. A hero that pushes onward no matter what is heroic, a hero that slays hundreds for no reason to pay off a debt is disgusting.
    Elizabeth is your main objective: you save her from her tower guarded by a beast that serves as her guardian. She is spunky, lovable, and funny. She should not be any of these things. Being trapped in that tower means you are not a Disney princess, you are emotionally detached and volatile. Of course, Irrational can't do this, as spunky female characters are all the rage right now.

Sometimes I worry about the industry, how these games are praised as the next comings of christ.

The game is praised for being intelligent and thought-provoking, but does not understand how a coherent story or actual characters should function.
  36. Jun 25, 2014
    The 4 rating is to rank it as a game slightly worse than average. It's a mediocre game with a beautiful shine. Its plot and ideas show promise but never work in action, underdeveloped, and are never given detail or depth. The companion was not insufferable, but lacked detail and development, and never felt vital (despite her powers and role in the story). As does the whole world andThe 4 rating is to rank it as a game slightly worse than average. It's a mediocre game with a beautiful shine. Its plot and ideas show promise but never work in action, underdeveloped, and are never given detail or depth. The companion was not insufferable, but lacked detail and development, and never felt vital (despite her powers and role in the story). As does the whole world and story. The game tries to present a "morally gray" situation and problem by presenting two completely black-scale, unbelievable, caricature sides. It's infuriating to see the serious, historical oppression of so many people, or backlash and revolutions - and the problematic imperialism and nationalism of the time Infinite takes place in - represented in such a crazed and stupid way. People do not think or act this way.

Even Andrew Ryan, as extreme and evil the story made him at parts, had an understandable perspective and view. You could see his reasons and his attitude, you could see that maybe he lost control. He showed regret. And the rebels against him were sympathetic because of their situation, just manipulated by a con artist.

As for gameplay: the save system is terrible, unless only one player is playing at a time and they speed through the maps. Exploring is almost gone in this game. Combat is just a large spamming of same-y enemies, and the mechanics highly encourage and partly force you to use the same weapons and tonics the entire game. There's no strategy available in this game, you just hack'n'slash through the swarm until it's over. And it's not ENTERTAINING, it'd be fine if it was, but it's just monotonous and tedious. It took out the smart and cool aspects of BioShock, but failed to meet a new standard of chaotic, crazy fun, just blazing away on the targets.

The game's setting does not meet it's mechanics well either, since they ARE a skeleton of the first game's. The developers failed to integrate Elizabeth's crazy-cool universe-bending powers into the mechanics in a more integrated, interesting, and less gimmicky way, which kills me. And they never explain tonics or the Handymen, or make them make sense in Infinite. The only reason they're there is because BioShock had it. Whereas in BioShock, there was a REASON there were plasmids and Big Daddies, it was completely fitting to its game and story.

This is why the game gets a 4, not a 5 or a 6. It was a chore to play, unrewarding, and the story didn't do enough to compensate. While it's ideas are cool and ambitious, it's all on the surface. I know BioShock's world like I know myself, I know almost nothing about Infinite's. They didn't ever flesh it out in the same way.

Infinite was advertised as a game about a city on the edge of falling on destruction, but living and with a gilded gloss. It acts as dead, broken, and crazy as Rapture. While somehow forgetting the more human aspect Rapture's tragedy had.
  37. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is liberal propaganda with overrated graphics. If you believe the moral strutcture of our society needs a serious overhaul and need to be informed of such with subpar graphics and linear gameplay, then this is the game for you!
  38. Apr 29, 2013
    I don't usually do this, but the score this game has been getting is a flat out lie. Honestly, it should be a 5-7 rating, I'm just trying to weigh in.

The game itself is not bad. The presentation was amazing, I loved the graphics and audio. And its functional: you run around, shoot things, and use powers. But that's it, as far as game-play goes. It doesn't really add anything substantial to what Bio-Shock already did (yeah the skylines were neat, but mostly forgettable). Elizabeth as an AI is nothing spectacular the award winning trailers are a shameful *lie*, none of the cool things they were claiming would be in the game are actually there. She's an invulnerable NPC that follows you around, leans against walls, and gives you stuff.

All of that would've been fine, but the story... that's where I went from having an "ok" time playing to downright hating the game. The characters lack definition and coherence, I never got a good sense of who they were, what they were doing, and why. They changed their tone and motivation from one scene to another, and the ones that didn't were just flat and one-dimensional. There were scenes that would have been perfectly fine on their own, but there was never any meaningful progression between them due to the inconsistent character development. In the end I just didn't care about any of them, downright despised Elizabeth (I really wanted to like her), and was glad when it was over.

The narrative itself isn't anything special. It makes no commentary that stands out on it's own, it just basically regurgitates the popular opinion that's already been well established in the mainstream, but manages do it in a way that's both pretentious *and* condescending at the same time! It has no grasp on the subject matter (if there is any) and no grasp on the characters, but pretends to have both. Not every game needs to say something profound through it's narrative, but it should at least *know* what's it trying to do and what it isn't. The problem with BS:I is that it thinks it's something it's not, and is very obviously pleased with itself.

It seems to me that the reason it's been getting such high marks is mainly due to hype, where people have convinced themselves that this game *has* to be an outstanding artistic success, or else the reviewers themselves happen to align with it's superficial take on human nature and don't mind that it's execution is frankly embarrassing. If you don't mind any of that, then you might have a good enough time running around shooting things. Or maybe you're simply a fan of the series. Either way, I would recommend you buy the game but strongly suggest you not spend $60 on it. It's worth $20 bucks... maybe. But if you care about a well-told story with strong, believable characters that you actually care about, I recommend you only try the game as an example of how *not* to tell a story through a game.
  39. Apr 3, 2013
    I quite liked the storyline even though it was as obvious as the nose on your face, the end cinemagraphic was really a joy and well worth the praise it has already got. I was however disappointed in the gameplay, it was far too linear and nowhere near difficult enough. Each area was quite small and easily traversed without much difficulty, even towards the end it was far too easy to killI quite liked the storyline even though it was as obvious as the nose on your face, the end cinemagraphic was really a joy and well worth the praise it has already got. I was however disappointed in the gameplay, it was far too linear and nowhere near difficult enough. Each area was quite small and easily traversed without much difficulty, even towards the end it was far too easy to kill off the Bosses without using all the Vigors, ammo or specials that could Elizabeth could muster.
    Another annoyance was the skylines, they never really went anywhere..a quick trip around the block and that was it. Primarily used to get to another level within the level you were in so no use in navigating Columbia at all which would have been a nice touch.
    Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed this game, it is beautiful (in the near distance) and gripping and nostalgic (for old America (I'm not a Yank)) but I felt that it was all too easy and nowhere near big enough, I wasn't looking for a sandbox game like GTA or Saints Row but a bit more than a poke in the park that we ended up with would have been nice, after all it was just a small floating cloud city.
    I'm really surprised that it gets the huge scores it does but there you go, I can only base my score on what I have played before and I have been around a long time so I have a lot to compare against!

I think I will play it again but explore everywhere before moving on and see if it changes my mind.
  40. Mar 27, 2013
    Sorry folks but I've got to bring some reality to the situation here as a warning for early adopters.

Yes there seems to be a great game hidden under the surface, but even with the latest Nvidia drivers, Bioshock Infinite is running like a dog. Google "Bioshock Infinite Stuttering" and you'll find many others like myself who currently have a game on their hands that still has a lot of optimization ahead of it before it's an acceptable release. I'm having to give up on it until the developers can get it to run smoothly on my more-than-capable PC.
  41. Apr 4, 2013
    Very boring and stupid. No comparison with Bioshock and sure SS2. Very weak gameplay, no hacking, no tactics, nothing! Just railshooter. All money was spent to bribe critics.
  42. Mar 28, 2013
    The combat was boring. The story failed to create any emotional connection to anything. I would compare it to Inception which was just a mental circle jerk that failed to create any characters or relationships that were interesting. The graphics are decent but not as good as Tomb Raider. Overall I didn't expect much from this game since whenever the media goes crazy and starts throwing outThe combat was boring. The story failed to create any emotional connection to anything. I would compare it to Inception which was just a mental circle jerk that failed to create any characters or relationships that were interesting. The graphics are decent but not as good as Tomb Raider. Overall I didn't expect much from this game since whenever the media goes crazy and starts throwing out 10/10's its usually a warning sign, but I expected one fragment of goodness from the first Bioshock. Nothing. This game is nothing like the first Bioshock. In Bioshock 1 you get a concrete sense of the world and atmosphere and you enjoy the exploration. Each location had a personality and a character to explore but Infinite is just a mess of boring locations and irrelevant characters. You just kinda wander and fight with no purpose until you reach the ending and get a vague sense of what it was all about only to realize you don't care about anything in the world of Colombia. If the gameplay was amazing I would give this game a 9/10 but it was all just very average, none of the guns felt cool and of the 7-8 vigors only one of them was entertaining. Everything Infinite tries to do, Bioshock 1 does better. Expand
  43. Apr 3, 2013
    Same old FPS mechanics, about the same old gameplay as bioshock from a few years ago, the storylines decent but other than that pretty boring game, there is alot of good liberal propaganda though if you like that.
  44. Apr 13, 2013
    So lets start with the good. Beautiful art does pay off and terrible graphics are not that obvious. Story is somewhat interesting but falls off quickly and in the end turns out to be lazy. Game play is extremely boring and generic 2000 shooter game play. In grand scheme of things this game is absolutely terrible. This game is the biggest joke ever.
  45. Apr 4, 2013
    Well the shooting is bad, the story is okay and the characters are somewhere in between bad and non existent. So how can i rate it?

Well as a piece of art, it is pretty good, but as a game, well, it is not a game, you are not supposed to be playing it, you are supposed to be admiring it, with your jaw lying on the ground. So as a game, it's... disappointing in every possible way.

So as a game, it's... disappointing in every possible way.

And the ending, I mean seriously? This? It's not even funny, it's just lazy.
  46. Apr 14, 2013
    I went into this game with high expectations. I haven't played either of the other Bioshocks but they are toted as some of the best games ever made. However, after finishing this i am disappointed. The story, which is what seems to be the only redeeming factor is ok. I didn't see the end coming but that doesn't make it any better. The game play, which in my opinion is what the game shouldI went into this game with high expectations. I haven't played either of the other Bioshocks but they are toted as some of the best games ever made. However, after finishing this i am disappointed. The story, which is what seems to be the only redeeming factor is ok. I didn't see the end coming but that doesn't make it any better. The game play, which in my opinion is what the game should be judged by is crap. The guns are essential split between Comstock's Guard's guns and the Vox's, they both do the same thing but one is painted red. The vigors overlap each other far too much or are just not fun to use. I went through using mostly crow storm and devils kiss, neglecting the other 6 for the most part. The spacing between when you get new vigors and guns is terrible. 2/3 of the way through you get 6 of the 8 vigors and only in the last 45 minutes of game play you get the last one. I don't understand it. The enemies are lackluster. You shoot at the blues or the reds, it makes little difference because they're the same enemies. By the end of the game they become little more than bullet sponges. The "special" enemies are little better. The few times they show up they provide little challenge but manage to take up more time than anything else. It is a good story, but not a good game. I would enjoy this much more if it were a book or a movie. Something that i could go back through in little time to pick up on the things i missed but the gameplay is so bland that i have no want to go back and find out more about the Luteces or about Comstock and his wife. If you want to know the story about this game look it up on youtube because for $60 it is not worth it. Expand
  47. Apr 19, 2013
    The story is very interesting, and the characters are great. The combat (which is the bulk of the game) is dull, repetitive and a decade old. The melee kills are neat, but the mechanic for using them is flawed.

Buy the game when it's $20. I quit from boredom half way through and just watched a video of the end.
  48. Apr 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game that doesn't really deserve any of the praise it gets. The gameplay is very easy, even when compared to the original Bioshock due to the fact that there's a two weapon limit in a linear FPS, and that there's regenerating health. Most of the RPG elements found in the previous games are nowhere to be found. Bad gameplay aside, what really baffles me is that the worst part of Bioshock Infinite, its story, is the reason it's garnered so much praise. From what we've heard, the original story was simple, but still holds up. This new story desperately tries to implement time travel to make its story seem deep, and the plot is directly ripped from Looper. Overall, Bioshock Infinite isn't worth your time, unless you have a thing for Steampunk and chicks with bob cuts. Expand
  49. Apr 27, 2013
    seriously, why the critics gave it such a high score is beyond me. maybe because was the best game around on the month it was released? maybe due to a fetish for elizabeth? the story makes little sense and lets you down. some enemies are pointlessly hard to kill. the politics at colombia (the city) is childish. too little explanation on anything. portal was witty, comic. hitman hadseriously, why the critics gave it such a high score is beyond me. maybe because was the best game around on the month it was released? maybe due to a fetish for elizabeth? the story makes little sense and lets you down. some enemies are pointlessly hard to kill. the politics at colombia (the city) is childish. too little explanation on anything. portal was witty, comic. hitman had freedom. half life had better ame play. this had none of those. Expand
  50. Apr 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The only thing that is good is the basic idea of a floating city, not any of the politics. This game is basically a standard "white devil" game that attacks America, Christianity, Whites, and conservatives (and I mean some warped version of conservatives that liberals think conservatives are), the only people it is acceptable to attack anymore (dont forget men and heteros though), its so common that it doesnt bother me that much. I am used to liberal bias in games (for instance bioware but DA1 and ME were good otherwise) and I am not giving it a zero based on that, I just thought Id point this out. I judge people as individuals and believe in merit and personal responsibility, and know that any person could do the things that were done and not just straight white christian male conservatives are capable of evil.

In the first few minutes you are drowned in your baptism somehow with like 20 people around you in knee deep water with some warped pseudo version of christianity, and that is also the ending you must be drowned in another baptism type scene. It feels like the dev just hates Christianity tbh. I mean can you imagine if this game was about nationalist racist Jews and Isreal? It would never see the light of day and we all know it.

Its linear, ez mode, consolized trash, with boring powers, boring guns, dumbed down gameplay, trash UI, and a halo shield mechanic. Its like if you made bioshock 1 worse in everyway but also discriminatory and full of liberal propaganda. There is almost no RPG and no inventory. Its just bland, generic, and boring. None of the characters are interesting at all in the least and I had to quit half way through due to extreme boredom. There is no challenge. Elizabeth was interesting at first but it feels like you are just sent off on random tasks with no reason behind it or explanation, and I did watch spoilers of the ending so I know what happened, and its not interesting and doesnt make sense, you cant undo what you did by using knowledge of things that you are trying to undo, not even with multiple timelines because you STILL are relying on information you are attempting to erase, if anything it would just split again into two more multiverses.

The hard mode is extremely ez and I didnt know about 1999 until chapter 20 (when I quit), and u cant change difficulty mid game for some stupid reason (prob related to, lol, achievements). I mean why lock the hardest mode? Its a trend in gaming nowadays and its very annoying, I guess I need to research everygame and see if it has an unlockable mode that presents any sort of challenge, but not too much wont want people to have to try or adapt, nope gotta be spoonfed and babysat.

The guns suck and are boring, The enemies are small in number but come in waves so it is chaotic (seems like they spawn behind you at random and Im good at shooters and watch my flank). The abilities are also boring. You constantly run out of ammo so you have to swap to different guns since you can only carry two, or are forced to buy ammo. Girly throws you ammo sometimes but I dont like being forced to use w/e weapons are available if I dont want to waste money on ammo, so you can either be wasteful or have to constantly swap guns and hope they dont despawn on you. Also looting is terrible, there is no point in it b/c you pick up everything, it just wastes our time. The illusion of certain foods adding one state and decreasing another doesnt really matter, might as well let pickup be auto and not waste our time scrounging, since its a rail shooter with no inventory anyway. Low ammo caps just complicates the gun problem forcing you to swap, it doesnt make it harder in anyway, just annoying b/c I'd prefer to have a pistol and carbine.

There is no tactics or strategy needed, its spam bullets until you need shield or health, then hide, repeat. Summoning in other world isnt even interesting because they dont do much except let you toggle one benefit at a time, rather than do anything exciting. And apparently other universes are broadcasted on old crappy TVs with bad reception. The only thing you need to do is shock any difficult enemy and unload into them, and its EXTREMELY repetitive. Enemies take multiple headshots too, its just boring and stupid with obvious console limitations and terrible AI. The AI is basically path to you if they cant shoot you, and if they can see you they shoot from across the map.

And the enemies dont do too much damage or have decent aim, but your shield recharge slow and your guns take forever to kill anything and are inaccurate, aiming with ironsights seems to be LESS accurate for some reason and has massive recoil.

Another trash console money grabbing game not worth anyones time and blatantly discriminatory and offensive. I guess thats the price USA has to pay for being the greatest country on earth.
  51. Apr 9, 2013
    Well.. you Walk and look around, shoot sometimes and thats very much it. The Story is a bit confusing and nothing Special. Here and there it reminds me on Dishonored.
    I really dont understand all the Hype here.
    The only Positive things are Elisabeth, (Its kinda cool to have her around.) and the Steampunk setting.
    But after all its a short and Boring Game to me.
  52. Apr 6, 2013
    This could easily have been an interactive story versus a full blown FPS game which ends up diminishing the story with its Sierra (Roberta Williams) adventure-esque limitations and stylings such as invisible walls and very lackluster combat. The sense of chaos and inevitable sense of time acceleration into the final showdown that were in previous shock games are gone and so are theThis could easily have been an interactive story versus a full blown FPS game which ends up diminishing the story with its Sierra (Roberta Williams) adventure-esque limitations and stylings such as invisible walls and very lackluster combat. The sense of chaos and inevitable sense of time acceleration into the final showdown that were in previous shock games are gone and so are the wickedly cool augmentations and hacking.

Oh well, I didn't make the game....beggars can't be choosers....
  53. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well i can't deny that the story from beginning to end was quite intriguing and nearly brilliant. i use the term brilliant as it caused quite some confusion halfway trough when the first inter-dimensional travel happened. It felt...Forced. First you are in the relatively normal world and suddenly your in the dimension where the Rebellion was already full underway. if the transition was less sudden it would have helped, but alas. There were also the loose ends here and there.
    Game-play wise. it was poor. The details were great but the game-play felt simplified. the world lacked the depth and freedom of the former Bioshock games. The enemies where rather bland (they were fodder. 1 shot to the head with a pistol and done most of the time!) and the few "special" enemies were spread out thin. you encounter the Handy-men a few times trough out the game (they were miniature bosses) and the Boys of silence you encounter in only one level and have no single importance. The Vigor system (tough nicely thought up) wasn't needed most the time and i still have yet to hear where they came from unlike their plasmid counterpart that was properly explained.
    Its a good game, but in the end im afraid the over focus on the story has left the game-play slightly lacking. I did like the Luteces tough. added a little bit of silliness here and there which was surely needed.
  54. Apr 18, 2013
    This game is very dull and linear, I loved the first Bioshock never finished the sequel and that one stayed on my hard drive for less than 24 hours.

Its not a very challenging game, and it gets very shallow and repetitive fast. If you re an older gamer and used to love the first Half Life by example, you may want to pass on this one .

Pretty graphics dont make a good game.
  55. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Eu caí para o hype e comprei porque de todos os comentários, mas não gosto nada disso. Um atirador medíocre na melhor das hipóteses, com gráficos ultrapassados ​​e desinteressantes cenário e história.
    uma atmosfera colombiana horrivel um lixo completo!
    .....
  56. Apr 3, 2013
    The guys that voted 9 or something are probably coming from console, cause from a PC point of view the game is complete garbage: the model are really simple (console port), the color and caracter are super simple and animated not that well (poor console port) the caracter in the game are a total of 10 maybe, maybe less, and all of them look alike in apparences and behaviour (poorThe guys that voted 9 or something are probably coming from console, cause from a PC point of view the game is complete garbage: the model are really simple (console port), the color and caracter are super simple and animated not that well (poor console port) the caracter in the game are a total of 10 maybe, maybe less, and all of them look alike in apparences and behaviour (poor development?)

And don't let me started about the story, wich is full of holes, meaningless, somehow disturbing and in the end quite annoying (i just liked the SPOIL "10 second" of the story when the finger thing is revealed). The black people are the poor guys, then not, they are the bad ones, then not, all of them are bad, even you! Wow what a development...

Everything else is really garbage, and this game seems like a incomplete product pushed on the shelfes just for money making. And to use the Bioshock trend to sell a coplete different product is really not good...

I?m just happy that i got it for free, or i would have really wasted a lot of money for a mediocre game with nothing but hype behind it...
  57. Apr 2, 2013
    Game is so bland and simple I got bored watching my gf play it for a few hours.

THeres absolutely nothing exciting in it. Story is immersion is meh, those flying platforms are just shortcuts for level design.

This title fails as a shooter and fails as a game
  58. Apr 9, 2013
    OK, this isn't a 1* game, but I did want to pull the average score down a bit. Bioshock Infinite is a good game generally, but it falls tantalisingly short of being a classic due to one, single, gapingly large flaw. And that, is the lack of a proper saving system. Bioshock Infinite ticks so many of the PC-Port boxes. You can tweak the FOV (to some degree), re-mapping the controls worksOK, this isn't a 1* game, but I did want to pull the average score down a bit. Bioshock Infinite is a good game generally, but it falls tantalisingly short of being a classic due to one, single, gapingly large flaw. And that, is the lack of a proper saving system. Bioshock Infinite ticks so many of the PC-Port boxes. You can tweak the FOV (to some degree), re-mapping the controls works well, graphics are decent quality and you can even skip the annoying intro videos (from the second time onwards anyway).

But instead of the simple and functional saving system of the first two games, they decided to implement a horribly flawed Checkpoint system instead. Sometimes checkpoints are close together, other times there's unacceptably large gaps between them. Take last night for instance, I'd been playing for a while, having fun, then the missus went to bed and I decided to quit the game and sleep as well. Only this was when Bioshock Infinite told me that if I did, I'd lose the last TWENTY MINUTES of gameplay. It then took me another TEN MINUTES of annoyingly trudging on until at long last I FINALLY triggered the next Checkpoint save so that I could exit. Even then, the checkpoint saving icon is woefully small and hidden, so you've often no idea when it last saved until you try and quit and read the time-stamp on the save file.

Sorry 2K, you got a lot of things right with Bioshock Infinite, but the awful checkpoint system really and badly spoils the game. End result, I WILL NOT pay for a game where the developer can't be bothered to implement a proper saving system. FULL STOP.
  59. May 10, 2013
    Don't believe the media, this game is just another stylized call of duty clone. The most frequent argument of fans is about storyline, but who cares about it if it's still unplayable? I actually don't want to smash LMB+W for 10 hours just to learn new things about in-game pretty cliche world events. First game of franchise was really awesome, a new word in rpg genre, this one doesn't hasDon't believe the media, this game is just another stylized call of duty clone. The most frequent argument of fans is about storyline, but who cares about it if it's still unplayable? I actually don't want to smash LMB+W for 10 hours just to learn new things about in-game pretty cliche world events. First game of franchise was really awesome, a new word in rpg genre, this one doesn't has anything with original, putting player on railway through copy-pasted bad designed decorations. These pseudo contrasts of blue and yellow colors are also awful, while being crammed on each square meter, making sick after first 10 minutes. Expand
  60. Apr 13, 2013
    Infinite sets out to be a bioshock game but fails to grasp what made Bioshock 1 good. Bioshock 1 and 2 was set in a city under the sea and this not only made for some interesting environments and Lighting but also gave you a much greater feeling of decay and danger seeing how the city was gradually being reclaimed by the sea. These feelings are lost in infinite largely due to theInfinite sets out to be a bioshock game but fails to grasp what made Bioshock 1 good. Bioshock 1 and 2 was set in a city under the sea and this not only made for some interesting environments and Lighting but also gave you a much greater feeling of decay and danger seeing how the city was gradually being reclaimed by the sea. These feelings are lost in infinite largely due to the inabillity to look out of most windows and the fact that thers no real sense of danger if a window or even an entire wall breaks.

Another thing that this game lacks is the use of plasmids (or vígors as they call it), sure they exist in the game but the only enemies that actually uses any seems to be the Zelot and fireman making alot of the combat dull and generic. They also lack a good explenation to why or how these vigors where invented in ifinite making it feel like they where just thrown in at the last minute.

One small thing that i miss that you can no longer see the difference on your weapons or plasmids after upgrades. I also think that it is very sad that they dont have puzzles like lock-picking and hacking.

But even rating the game without looking at the games that came previously in the series does not make it better. The story started ok but made less sense the longer i played and resulted in a rather lackluster ending after a few uses of the plot progression tool known as "rifts". The Graphics are not terrible but lags behind as most console titles tend to do and it only supports checkpoint saving.

The game is also laughably easy due to 3 reasons: Regenerating Shields, Elisabeth keeps you rather well supplied with ammunition, Health, salt and coins and If you die you will just get ressurected closte to where you died and lose some Money.
  61. Apr 7, 2013
    Good:
    • Some highly imaginative set pieces/designs, a lot of which are cool to look at.
    • The partner AI is excellent not only in following you but she's invulnerable, opens locked doors, and gives you health and supplies during combat. Too bad I didn't care about her in the slightest (unlike a well-written game like Half-Life and its Alyx Vance). • Interesting that the doors open
    Good:
    • Interesting that the doors open automatically. I wouldn't use this as the new normal in all games since it would be horrible for stealth, but it works in this game.
    • The quote from random thug: "How much blood you got in you, boy?" is badass and amazing. The only decent writing in the entire game.

Bad:
    • Horrible, horrible story and writing. Almost unbearable to the point of me quitting the game but I had to see if it got better in the ending. It didn't. I would give specifics but I want to avoid spoilers. Basically it just uses deus ex machina type bullcrap to do anything it wants whenever it wants. Combined with a make-believe world and characters that you don't care about because they don't make you like them (even though you're playing first-person as one of them), they don't explain them, and some even appear/reappear randomly. Combined as well with no effects from any of your actions (most of which are just "press X when we tell you to continue the story")... There's no way I could possibly care about anything in the game.
    • The gameplay is like a serial killing run at Disneyland. All the violence is there for pure shock value/teenage "fun", with no weight or meaning whatsoever.
    • Despite the above, you can't kill children. I guess that's where they draw the line in their heads (read: lawyers). I shot a random family with a rocket launcher and the child had to watch his parents explode in front of him since he was invulnerable and he just got on his knees and cried lol.
    • Despite the above, and all the other dreamy fantastical magical stuff in the game, they decided to keep the racism of the time period and hate black people. Nice. Lawyers didn't care about that one I guess.
    • The game desperately needs a minimap/map/location finder/pins on a compass or the hud. The destination arrow it gives isn't good enough. You have to press the button a million times and guess where it's taking you and it's harder to see than say, the one in Dead Space. The levels are huge, multi-tiered/3D and confusing and destinations vague.
    • The faces of women and children are 10% Disney character and 90% nightmarish. Men are semi-decent though, wth?

Decent/nothing-special:
    • The skyline riding/hanging. It's just simply a mainly optional mechanic in the game. It's too fast and hectic to really be useful or fun, especially in first person and when you can't even tell where you're going when you're just on the ground.
    • The music
    • The voice acting
    • Other basic gameplay like shooting/collecting

It's very sad to see this game get such high praise and I have zero understanding why it got so many 10/10 reviews. Some games I would consider giving perfect tens to: Dishonored, Tomb Raider, Oblivion/Skyrim, Deus Ex: HR, Psychonauts, Beyond Good & Evil, Ys Origin, Half-Life series, Alan Wake series. This is not even close. I even preferred the other two Bioshocks.
  62. Apr 3, 2013
    I don't remember when was the last time i actually uninstalled game that i hadn't even played through yet. Well this unfortunately was one of those times. I could compare this game to so many different FPS games out there and this just outright repeats every single one of them. I cannot understand why critics are giving 9 & 10 ratings to a game which is repetitive pipeline run throughI don't remember when was the last time i actually uninstalled game that i hadn't even played through yet. Well this unfortunately was one of those times. I could compare this game to so many different FPS games out there and this just outright repeats every single one of them. I cannot understand why critics are giving 9 & 10 ratings to a game which is repetitive pipeline run through game. I'd say this game is like Dishonored 2.0 with more advanced graphics but still alot less content and almost no replay value at all. Expand
  63. Apr 18, 2013
    Game-play and history are really disassembled... It's beautiful but if you look very closely, you can see every ugly details. One rail and the loot is really, really really invasive....
  64. Jul 25, 2014
    I'm giving one pint for this boring **** because my little daughter like this game. I don't know how.
    I have to recognize one thing. I can't believe the have contrated Daniel day Lewis to make the soundtrack, but in the other side i understand it BECAUSE IS **** AWFUL.
    But for luck the didn't call Bryan Cranston to make the soundtrack...
  65. Mar 26, 2013
    Game deserves all the praise it's getting. Some very touchy subject matter involving racism but I can appreciate how they went about it and its appropriate for the time period and how people actually thought and behaved. Will be an eye opener for many I believe. I'm about 7 hours into it myself and have enjoyed every minute. I highly recommend playing on hard difficulty as it makes it aGame deserves all the praise it's getting. Some very touchy subject matter involving racism but I can appreciate how they went about it and its appropriate for the time period and how people actually thought and behaved. Will be an eye opener for many I believe. I'm about 7 hours into it myself and have enjoyed every minute. I highly recommend playing on hard difficulty as it makes it a much more enjoyable experience and actually gives it a challenge. Expand
  66. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I got this game free with a new AMD card I bought in January but I will try to review it as if I had paid full price for it.... First off, some people have said that the graphics look dated well then it must be their PCs that are dated because with everything on Ultra it looks pretty amazing to me! As for the game itself, if you liked Bioshock 1+2 then you might have to consider that this is pretty much disjointed in comparison and is pretty much a different "license" as the story and gameplay doesn't fit in with its predecessors............One stand out feature for me is the audio. The soundtrack and the ambient sounds are second to none and I found myself giggling at some of the "remade" tracks, especially the Cyndi Lauper song at the beach (sorry for the spoiler). Being a child of the 70s/80s helps with some of the references during the course of the game.......Overall, I don't think the game is earth shattering, but the storyline and thought processes that have gone into this game will likely render it as a major Game of the Year contender commercially, and amongst gamers. I can't give it 10/10 as there are a few niggles with the AI here and there, but it's a definate and solid 9/10 in my books Expand
  67. Apr 5, 2013
    Last of the greats in this generation of gaming. I can only hope for there to be another Bioshock. I can go on about it's superb story, visuals, and gameplay; but I'm sure you've seen enough praise.
  68. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is awesome! I can't say anything about the story without spoiling it, so I won't. But the graphic is very good on PC maxed out (on i7 2600k, HD6970 2GB), while it's not Crysis 3 level, it's still pushing the UE3 to it's limits. Elizabeth's character is well written, and the dialogs you have with her throughout the game drives the story without feeling like an information dump.This game is awesome! I can't say anything about the story without spoiling it, so I won't. But the graphic is very good on PC maxed out (on i7 2600k, HD6970 2GB), while it's not Crysis 3 level, it's still pushing the UE3 to it's limits. Elizabeth's character is well written, and the dialogs you have with her throughout the game drives the story without feeling like an information dump. The combat is a step up from the Bioshock 1/2's combat, having the sky-hook rail is fun. Having the flying city as a backdrop makes the battles feel surreal. Overall, it's a must play! Expand
  69. Feb 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played all of the BioShock series leading up to this and I don't know what this is. It seems that some BioShock elements were used to develop a limited, hokey shooter with silly elements added to it that have nothing to do with BioShock 1 and 2.

Furthermore, the context of the story is unnecessary and unappreciated (racism...really?). It actually sheds some negative connotations on our founding fathers and the history of the United States albeit in some "attempted" humorous fashion.

To sum it all up; if you're looking for a continuation of the epic BioShock 1 and 2 series, this isn't it. It's a rip-off from the coattails of the former two. Much like a horrible "part 3" of an otherwise fantastic movie series that wasn't written or directed by the team of the first two. The only reason I'm playing through this is because I bought it...thankfully on sale.
  70. Apr 8, 2013
    Ok, so the game play is fantastic, i think we can all agree on that. The addition of Elizabeth to the combat system really kept things going at a nice pace, opening tears, deciding to open a cover tear or a turret tear, giving you the option of healing yourself or replenishing your plasmids (salts) on your own or letting Elizabeth do it for you. Overall, the aiming and shooting mechanicOk, so the game play is fantastic, i think we can all agree on that. The addition of Elizabeth to the combat system really kept things going at a nice pace, opening tears, deciding to open a cover tear or a turret tear, giving you the option of healing yourself or replenishing your plasmids (salts) on your own or letting Elizabeth do it for you. Overall, the aiming and shooting mechanic where spot on, so where the new plasmids introduced like the crows and water tentacle. Being able to carry only 2 weapons at a time was bothersome at first, until i found my ideal set up and just leveled them up. The skylines were great fun too, however i feel that they were not used to their fullest potential. Only real problem i had with it was that it was WAY to linear in comparison to older entries in the series. But yeah, over all, fantastic game play, best in the series by far.
    Presentation, the game looks stunning, really, even on my mid range PC, running this on very high it felt like a dream. It looks amazingly good. So much detail was put into everything you just have to stop and look at everything the game has to offer. Elizabeth is beautiful by the way, this goes without saying. The amount of love and care put into her character is very noticeable, from her facial expressions to the way she moves, she feels like straight out of a Pixar movie (An adult rated one mind you).
    Music, while not the best in the series (mainly due to the fact that the soundtrack is TOO SHORT), still offers up enough to satisfy my tastes. And what it lacks in quantity it sure makes up for in quality. BOY are there some fine pieces of music in this game: From classic-style versions of "new" songs to frenetic violin and strings in combat. Voice acting is top notch, i have talked a lot bout Elizabeth so far, but the main hero, who you play as, Booker Dewyt, was performed FANTASTICLY by the great Troy Baker, who has become an icon in the voice acting business by now. Everyone else were great as well, not a single voice feels out of place in the world of Columbia.
    Finaly, the story. OH BOY OH BOY. A fantastic narrative that was presented through great exposition without shoving too much info down your throat. Through the environments and character, it weaves an emotional tale without ever resorting to cut scenes or having to leave the perspective of Booker. Although i must admit, i hated the ending at first. It all felt like it was coming down to an amazing climax that left me not only sad but confused. This was partially my fault however, since i powered through the game in about 8 hours without paying too much attention to the story. However, after playing it a second time, paying close attention to the story and the world around me, i finaly understood the ending which i will not spoil, but DAMN, WATCH AFTER THE CREDITS PEOPLE, ITS WORTH IT. That being said, the tale that Irrational games have put together is breathtakingly good. Really, once i understood what the was going on by my second play through, i fell in love with it. The best advice i could give you is to not power through the game like i did, take your time, examine your surroundings, pay close attention to what is being said and you will really come to appreciate this fine work of art that is Bioshock Infinite. There are some problems, like the fact that its WAY too linear, short (if you power through it like i did) and confusing if you're not paying attention. But these are MINOR complaints, and this game deserves nothing less than a perfect score from me. 10/10
  71. Apr 5, 2013
    I know my opinion doesn't really matter and that I am probably "beating on a dead horse" here, but I cannot rest until I post my opinion of this masterpiece called Bioshock Infinite. I'd post it before, but I was too busy so far playing the game and trophy hunting. Anyway, if you trouble yourself checking out my other reviews for other games, you'll notice two things: 1) this isn't aI know my opinion doesn't really matter and that I am probably "beating on a dead horse" here, but I cannot rest until I post my opinion of this masterpiece called Bioshock Infinite. I'd post it before, but I was too busy so far playing the game and trophy hunting. Anyway, if you trouble yourself checking out my other reviews for other games, you'll notice two things: 1) this isn't a puppet account, created for the sole purpose of inflating the score of a certain game, and 2) the game has to be darn good for me to give it a high score. That said, consider my score truly genuine: Bioshock Infinite REALLY kicks posteriors. The storyline, the gameplay, the voice acting, the graphics... I mean, absolutely everything in this game is amazing. I ain't gonna write loads about it, I'm just gonna say: get this game if you can, or live to regret it if you don't. Ken Levine, Irrational & company: please keep the amazing stuff coming! Oh, and haters? Would you kindly go get stepped on by a Bid Daddy? Thanks. (I know the preceding sentence is BS1 reference, but meh... it fits the purpose). EDIT: (just had to do this...) Are you a Duke? Or a Dimwit? When a really good game comes out, Duke stands up and happily applaud the people who went through so much trouble to make it. As for Dimwit, he just says: "Meh... the graphics look rubbish on my $200 laptop, and it doesn't play like CoD!". Remember boys and girls, don't be a Dimwit!" Expand
  72. May 5, 2013
    I would give this game a 10 for plot and emotional impact, but I have to take off a point for gratuitous violence and the extremely annoying display of the 2K brand each time you play. The plot is more sophisticated than any other game I've played and the lead NPC is more engaging than I've previously experienced. If you don't mind fountains of blood and some extremely hectic moments, thisI would give this game a 10 for plot and emotional impact, but I have to take off a point for gratuitous violence and the extremely annoying display of the 2K brand each time you play. The plot is more sophisticated than any other game I've played and the lead NPC is more engaging than I've previously experienced. If you don't mind fountains of blood and some extremely hectic moments, this game will sharpen your reactions and stretch your ability to improvise under pressure. Most people will finish with the question "What just happened?" Fortunately, there is a good explanation available online for those who struggle to comprehend, as I did. I have to ask, why waste so much talent on an environment and story, only to pitch this adventure to the lowest common denominator of blood-and-guts adolescents? Expand
  73. Apr 7, 2013
    As it always happens with this franchise, the new bioshock title is a must have. The story is intelligent and full of impresive twists, the graphics are great and the flawless music is probably going to recieve a lot of awards. I won't give it a 10 however, because of its reduced duration, and because, while fantastic, it's not as brilliant as the first one.
  74. Apr 2, 2013
    I feel like it'd be a little pointless to go into detail about why this game is so good as there are already hundreds of other reviews saying the same thing. It's a really fun steampunk adventure with a nice combat system that's easy to control yet tough to master, takes place in one of the most imaginative locations I've ever seen in a game, and it's all tied together with a surprisinglyI feel like it'd be a little pointless to go into detail about why this game is so good as there are already hundreds of other reviews saying the same thing. It's a really fun steampunk adventure with a nice combat system that's easy to control yet tough to master, takes place in one of the most imaginative locations I've ever seen in a game, and it's all tied together with a surprisingly deep plot that warrents a second or even a third playthrough to fully grasp. I've played it twice and was surprised how much I picked up on that I didn't notice the first time. It's an incredible game. However there are a few crtiticisms I have for it, nothing that really hinders the experience but things that could have made it even better. The weapon upgrades are shallow compared to bio 1 and 2, most of them are either minor damage or clip size upgrades, would have liked to see more variation in that department. Also I don't like how in bioshock games, dying doesn't really have any penalty beyond respawning out of the battle area. They did add a few penalties such as enemies getting some of their health back, but overall I would have preferred they scrapped this idea for the sake of a more balanced health system. Lastly and most importantly, I really would have liked to see them do more with the boys of silence, they only show up in one section toward the end and their role seemed pretty underdeveloped. But beyond those things I highly recommend this game. Expand
  75. Apr 10, 2013
    Combat was alright. Choices didn't really matter. BUT THE STORY IS SOOOO GOOD. Play this game. It is like a long movie that really is worth GOTY. Buy this game now.
  76. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun to play. Quite a few moments where you feel horrible for the people in this place, all the hate and racism, but it is a story worth hearing. I really liked the new "plasmids" or should I say, Vigors, the bottles they come in are detailed and cool, and the abilities offer a more streamlined approach. Weapons are standard, not much there. The girl companion isThis game is a lot of fun to play. Quite a few moments where you feel horrible for the people in this place, all the hate and racism, but it is a story worth hearing. I really liked the new "plasmids" or should I say, Vigors, the bottles they come in are detailed and cool, and the abilities offer a more streamlined approach. Weapons are standard, not much there. The girl companion is very useful, tossing you ammo or health just at the right time, showing you things you may have missed, and not getting in your way. PC is the way to play this game, console graphics are kind of slop in places. 9/10 for this one, it's not Bioshock 1 that everyone compares it to, but it is a very well put together game with a great story and main characters. Worth the buy imo. Expand
  77. Mar 26, 2013
    Ignore all the negative reviews. Any person that has any appreciation for a good story, incredible visuals, engaging characters, intense gameplay and impressive soundtracks will love this game. Please buy it.
  78. Apr 8, 2013
    This game was brilliant. All the gripes I had with it were so inconsequential, and whenever they came into my head another awesome sky-line battle scene came along and I forgot all about them. I'll start with the pros.

Graphics: Stunning. Nothing more to say. 10/10 Story: Amazing, with a really shocking twist that I never saw coming, and great pacing, with a lengthy denouement that

Graphics: Stunning. Nothing more to say. 10/10

Story: Amazing, with a really shocking twist that I never saw coming, and great pacing, with a lengthy denouement that summed up everything really well. One or two plot holes that I noticed, and a couple of things that didn't quite add up for me, but I'm sure they were things that were explained in voxophones that I may have missed during my playthrough. The way they build up mystery is fantastic, and there is a lot of symbolism and deeper meaning that really added an extra dimension to the game. They don't treat you like a moron with the storyline, they don't spell it out for you, if you want to flesh it out you have to search for all the voxophones yourself and really pay attention to fully understand what's happening. 9.5/10

Other gameplay: The exploration was great. They don't give you too much money, which is good, because it means you pretty much have to choose between vigor upgrades or weapon upgrades. I found the lockpicking thing a bit arbitrary, by the end of the game I had about 30 lockpicks in my inventory which I never needed. But there is loads of extra detail for those who choose to explore and find it, I think a few more optional sidequests would have been good.
    Atmosphere: Fantastic, there is something definitely sinister about Columbia. The areas are really varied, there's Battleship Bay, all idyllic and peaceful, and then Comstock House, which is really creepy and actually quite scary in places, everything builds up to great atmosphere and immersion, especially with the great AI of Elizabeth and all the general public of Columbia. 10/10

Combat: Again, amazing, inventive and varied enemies, something that I didn't really like with the previous Bioshock games, the vigors are really well integrated and I found myself using pretty much all of them (except for undertow) and the vigor combos as well. There is a nice selection of guns, I was a little put out at first to find that you can't carry more than 2 but retrospectively, I think it's better that way. The sky lines are freaking amazing, and the sky line strike is one of the most satisfying things in a game, up there with the drop-down kill in Dishonored. Elizabeth is also a really neat addition to combat, giving you health, salts and ammo when you most need it.

Soundtrack: Nothing spectacular, but it does its job.

Overall: Amazing. Definitely recommend. If you enjoyed the 1st and 2nd Bioshock, you'll enjoy this. Don't be surprised when it gets nominated for and probably chosen as GOTY. Just.. Buy it.
  79. Mar 27, 2013
    To all the zeroes, I can understand your take on the game, but that isn't this game's purpose. It is supposed to be mostly linear because it is so story driven. Bioshock has always been really linear except for the few different endings in the earlier titles. Yes it's very linear, Is the story absolutely fantastic, also yes. Gameplay is great and art direction is amazing. so overall if youTo all the zeroes, I can understand your take on the game, but that isn't this game's purpose. It is supposed to be mostly linear because it is so story driven. Bioshock has always been really linear except for the few different endings in the earlier titles. Yes it's very linear, Is the story absolutely fantastic, also yes. Gameplay is great and art direction is amazing. so overall if you are looking for a moving story that will most likely drop your jaw then I recommend this game, if not then its not for you. Also the ending is quite complicated so if you didn't understand look it up there is a lot of confusion :P. Original was still better though. Expand
  80. May 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first thing thatt came into mind was a deep dissapointment when i saw users criticizing the gale and calling it overhyped, i bought the game with expectations that it wont be able to touch the original bioshock. I am here to say i couldnt have been more wrong. When first entering columbia, i was in complete awe. The city felt like heavan on earth and for the first time playing a video game, i truly believed that this was the most remarkable city i have ever seen. That doesnt come to say it has an amazing cast of characters. Our broken protagonist Booker plays at first your typical antihero, but evolves to become a character i geniounly care about due to his relationship with elizabeth. Oh elizabeth, words cannot describe her. She truly is the heart of the game. The changes she goes through in the game is both spectacular and heart wrenching. Seeing her evolve from the innocent girl who was locked away in a tower for 20 years and a desire to explore the world and go to Paris to a broken girl who had to commit violent acts to escape the horrors of Columbia. Booker also sympathizes with these emotions as he troes to deperately help Elizabeth escape. The story is excellent and well paced. The gameplay is engaging thpugh at times feels limited, but that doesnt detract from the game. This game is at par or even better than the original bioshock. Truly remarkeable work andI hope that the game comes out with dlcs soon. Expand
  81. Mar 31, 2013
    It's indeed an amazing game. Beatifull graphics, good gameplay and mindblowing history. Those who are complainning here just didn't play it until the end or just don't have a computer good enough to apreciate the graphics. I just hope it gets some cool DLCs, otherwise I'd downgrade this to 9. I even saw some people comparing this to other multiplayer shooters, this is not one. It's perfectIt's indeed an amazing game. Beatifull graphics, good gameplay and mindblowing history. Those who are complainning here just didn't play it until the end or just don't have a computer good enough to apreciate the graphics. I just hope it gets some cool DLCs, otherwise I'd downgrade this to 9. I even saw some people comparing this to other multiplayer shooters, this is not one. It's perfect for its genre. I apologize for my bad English.

In Brazilian Portuguese:

Cara, o jogo muito foda. O gráfico animal, a jogabilidade muito boa e a história daquelas que quando tu zerar o jogo, não vai mais saber o que fazer da vida. Depois de zerado não sobra muito pra fazer com ele, mas esperaremos que os DLCs sejam bons. Vale cada centavo.
  82. Apr 5, 2013
    This game is a modern day masterpiece. Irrational have done a brilliant job bringing Columbia to life in incredible detail. It has a deep story which requires you to pay attention throughout the game. Combat is enjoyable, with skylines adding a fun element. Do yourself a favour and play this on hard the first time. Normal is a bit too easy so you don't have think so much about whichThis game is a modern day masterpiece. Irrational have done a brilliant job bringing Columbia to life in incredible detail. It has a deep story which requires you to pay attention throughout the game. Combat is enjoyable, with skylines adding a fun element. Do yourself a favour and play this on hard the first time. Normal is a bit too easy so you don't have think so much about which vigors and weapons to use, and you could find yourself playing through the game too quickly and miss some of the finer details. I am finding the second play through on 1999 mode even more enjoyable. The only thing I think could have been better is the weapon upgrades. Bioshock's weapon upgrades were much more interesting and affected the look of the weapons. Expand
  83. Apr 6, 2013
    Irrational Games brought this generation of gaming to me with the original Bioshock. That game made me stand up and take note. It made me stand up and realize that video games can be as immersive, even more so than any other medium and that they are a perfect vehicle for involving stories. This new title, Bioshock Infinite has made me sit back down again; so that I could bask in itsIrrational Games brought this generation of gaming to me with the original Bioshock. That game made me stand up and take note. It made me stand up and realize that video games can be as immersive, even more so than any other medium and that they are a perfect vehicle for involving stories. This new title, Bioshock Infinite has made me sit back down again; so that I could bask in its achievements.

Graphically, this game has the occasional matte texture but when compared to something like the paper tres of Skyrim, Columbia is beautiful. It looks beautiful, it sounds beautiful and just feels fully realised. The shooting mechanics are decent. The skylines and vigors mix things up enough so as the 11 or so hours of the campaign never feel monotonous.

In this game, you are Booker DeWitt and the relationship between Booker and Elizabeth underpins a phenomenal sci fi tale that beats inception at its own game. I'm not going to ruin the story because to experience it in any way other than for yourself is a crime. What I will say is, that last line. Wow.

I had guessed all the twists and the ending before halfway. That didn't stop me enjoying the plot. In fact, realising what's going on means you can understand more and process quicker when these twists are actually revealed so that you can piece this puzzle together more efficiently. I could talk for days about this game and its story, but you shouldn't be reading this, you should be playing Bioshock Infinite.
  84. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is close to perfect. Firstly, I do not play FPS games. It's never been my style, but all the hype this game built up drew me to it.

It amazes me that people are able to give this game anything less than a 9, the only reason I could fathom this is if these individuals are too mentally limited to understand the story, somehow appalled by the 1910-1920's setting and music (Is absolutely amazing for anyone at all historically cultured), is too mentally simplistic to understand the marvelous parody of American Exceptionalism and religious cults, or was expecting a hardcore bloody slaughter fest FPS (clearly does not play nor understand the first Bioshocks).

The game play is beautiful. Switching from a beautiful sky city to the slums of a factory, the game truly provides stimulus for a visual orgasm.

The characters are deep, interesting, and easy to get emotionally attached to.

The game play is smooth and very simple, even for first-time FPS gamers, like myself. The true diamond of the game is Elisabeth, as a non-combat co-character she may well be the best sidekick in history. Not only is is amazingly realistic, interesting, lovable, and fun story-wise she's also intelligent and useful in combat situations without ever getting in the way I at unlike sidekicks in other games. The game is worth playing just for the sole purpose of experiencing the marvel that is Elisabeth.
  85. Apr 8, 2013
    One of those games, which leave you with feeling of hunger for more. Playing this game was a wonderful experience, what can be compared to reading a fascinating book.

It is beautiful, it is thrilling, the characters are deep, the plot is brilliant. One of the best games I have ever played.

I am deeply thankful for authors of this game for taking me on this adventure.
  86. Apr 8, 2013
    All I can say about this game is that it is absolutely great. It has an amazing story, decent fights, some ingenious gameplay aspects and an incredible AI companion. If you haven't played this yet then you really should!
  87. Aug 16, 2013
    BioShock Infinite definitely meets it's hype. It has one of the best stories I have ever read, played, or heard, the way it drops all the hits through out the game but don't really understand it till the very end which makes the end feel satisfying. The environment/atmosphere is outstanding. The characters are very interesting, seeing Elizabeth, with a kind heart explore the world beingBioShock Infinite definitely meets it's hype. It has one of the best stories I have ever read, played, or heard, the way it drops all the hits through out the game but don't really understand it till the very end which makes the end feel satisfying. The environment/atmosphere is outstanding. The characters are very interesting, seeing Elizabeth, with a kind heart explore the world being fascinated at everything really makes her a lovable character to the main villain who you will grow to hate more and more. The game play is very fun! I love the fact that you can shoot one vigor and then a different one to make a more powerful effect. The only downside is that most of the combat that I face, I feel way to over powered, at a certain point in the game all i really have to do is use crow vigor once and it spreads, everyone is dead by the time I fire a shot, all the other times i have no sense of trying to take cover or watch my ammo since Elizabeth gives you everything if you are low mid combat, which allows me to go guns blazing (This is on normal difficulty). Although I feel over powered, that's not saying that being over powered isn't fun. It is lots of fun! watching your enemies get eaten by flaming crows is pretty awesome! Overall I would actually give this game a 9.8 Expand
  88. Jul 11, 2013
    This game is a direct attack on Christianity. It is massive propaganda, using Bible quotes, Christian paintings, the whole arsenal to make the people who play it doubt the intentions of Christianity, by portraying an awkward, and even occult image for it. It may confuse children, and it may make non-religious people have a more hostile attitude towards Christianity. I don't want to write aThis game is a direct attack on Christianity. It is massive propaganda, using Bible quotes, Christian paintings, the whole arsenal to make the people who play it doubt the intentions of Christianity, by portraying an awkward, and even occult image for it. It may confuse children, and it may make non-religious people have a more hostile attitude towards Christianity. I don't want to write a novel here. All in all, the game is playing with some important religious values and messes everything up. If it's not plain brainwashing, it's intensive propaganda wrapped up in beautiful graphics. I would seriously doubt the intentions of its creators. Expand
  89. Aug 30, 2013
    New Bioshock is a good game, that's for sure but it's WORSE than Bioshock 1 and 2. How can I explain this. I just loved The Rapture. Infinite isn't the same. I think it shouldn't be even called as "Bioshock game". It's just a good FPS.
  90. Apr 17, 2013
    It's generic shoot 'em up with a better than average story that goes haywire in the end. I really don't know how critics can give this game so high score. It's 6+/10 at it's best no more!.
  91. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Maybe it's a good Game, but the Story at the end of the Game it's Stargate meets meets Paralellworlds meets Timetravel meets whatever are in my mind. rly? Expand
  92. Apr 15, 2013
    The original beats this in every way. The Vigors (new abilities) and gear (New tonics) are crap. The story starts off strong but quickly degenerates into a a bad episode of the twilight zone. The enemy AI is horrid, and the levels are large and mostly empty and dead feeling. I doubt anyone will enjoy the new sky rail as it is nothing more than a novelty. As a Bioshock fan I was deeplyThe original beats this in every way. The Vigors (new abilities) and gear (New tonics) are crap. The story starts off strong but quickly degenerates into a a bad episode of the twilight zone. The enemy AI is horrid, and the levels are large and mostly empty and dead feeling. I doubt anyone will enjoy the new sky rail as it is nothing more than a novelty. As a Bioshock fan I was deeply disappointed. 1999 mode was a joke as well and easily beaten. Expand
  93. Mar 26, 2013
    Short sweet and to the point
    Story: Awesome, incredible
    Atmosphere: Awesome, incredible graphics: bloom, nauseating (literally) and gives me a severe headache. BLOOM, BLOOM. Gameplay: boring and repetitive. Bloom is the biggest drawback about this game, around hour 6 i was just rushing cause i was so ****ing sick of the eye strain, the headache, and the ****ING BLOOM. (i take
    Short sweet and to the point
    Story: Awesome, incredible
    Atmosphere: Awesome, incredible
    Gameplay: boring and repetitive.

Bloom is the biggest drawback about this game, around hour 6 i was just rushing cause i was so ****ing sick of the eye strain, the headache, and the ****ING BLOOM. (i take breaks about every 2-3 hours and it still gave me a headache).
    I gotta drop it to 5/10 cause a story and atmosphere doesnt makeup for repetitive boring gameplay, and the BLOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM.
  94. Mar 27, 2013
    Fa cagare. FA CAGARE. FA CA GA RE.
    Fa cagare. FA CAGARE. FA CA GA RE.
    La merda della merda, storia a cazzo e non si capisce una sega fino al finale o poco prima. Non spiega come mai la tizia abbia i poteri. Il finale fa andare a fanculo il resto del gioco che poteva anche non esistere visto come finisce. Il motore grafico los tesso di bioshock 1 e di conseguenza fa cagare come interattività (nulla), come IA (praticamente 0 dato che spesso e volentieri i nemici si incastrano o non ti notano a meno che non gli si spari in faccia da 1 cm), doppiaggio itaiano fatto di merda con 3 voci in croce, audio che spesso e volentieri ti fa sentire cose lontane come se fossero ad un centimetro costringendoti a cercare la fonte girando a caso. plasmidi che dire che fanno cagare poco, durata della storia bassissima, grafica scattosa con movimenti del mouse imprecisi fatto per usare un pad) npg che fra maschi e femmine saranno 8 o nove in totale e per il resto sono tutti uguali, la popolazione ad un certo punto SCOMPARE e rimangono solo soldati.

Non comprate questa merda, l'hopreso solo perché c'era anche XCOM compreso, quello si che un bel gioco nonostante i difetti.

Fanculo a loro e al titolo "infinite" che si spiega giusto alla fine e comunque non vuol dire un cazzo.

L'unico motivo per cui ha un voto così alto che sta uscendo tanta di quella merda che appena esce qualcosa di leggermente migliore credono tutti che sia un miracolo.

Vuoi la solita merda o preferisci una merda con pezzettini semi digeriti della cena di ieri?

Per me a malapena accettabile 5 su 10 giusto per songbird.
  95. Apr 13, 2013
    Another dudebro corrupted game, oh how the mighty has fallen. Systemshock, amazing, systemshock 2 awesome, this, this was crap. Corridor, corridor, arena, thats the play system. The only redeeming quality was the story, and even then I figured out the basic idea half way through their hamfisted dude bro fest. not worth the 60$ I spent on it. Want a perfect reasoning for this score checkAnother dudebro corrupted game, oh how the mighty has fallen. Systemshock, amazing, systemshock 2 awesome, this, this was crap. Corridor, corridor, arena, thats the play system. The only redeeming quality was the story, and even then I figured out the basic idea half way through their hamfisted dude bro fest. not worth the 60$ I spent on it. Want a perfect reasoning for this score check this out
  96. Jul 1, 2013
    The fact that combat is the least enjoyable part AN FPS shows that something went wildly wrong here. The story is somewhat interesting but not enough to excuse the gameplay which is a total slog. Only The Line and Ultima 7 got away sacrifice all else on the alter of story and this is no The Line and definitely no Ultima 7.

If you disagree, there are many reviews that explain why all

If you disagree, there are many reviews that explain why all is not flowers and sunshine with this title and they are really really intelligent so go find them!
  97. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is absolutely incredible. The story, the voice acting, the character development is all there. The animation and visuals in general are a work of beauty, although I will say that the foliage doesn't look so pretty up close, but it's a nice effect from a distance. This game is all about atmosphere. You feel like you are part of this world. The combat I feel has been vastlyThis game is absolutely incredible. The story, the voice acting, the character development is all there. The animation and visuals in general are a work of beauty, although I will say that the foliage doesn't look so pretty up close, but it's a nice effect from a distance. This game is all about atmosphere. You feel like you are part of this world. The combat I feel has been vastly improved from the previous games, and the UI is much simpler and more accessible. Expand
  98. Apr 5, 2013
    wow. just wow. video game as art? look no further. this is as close to art as you'll see

the last hurrah of the old consoles--they couldnt ask for a better send off
  99. Mar 27, 2013
    Overall, the experience of Bioshock Infinite is a muddled one that can't seem to decide what it is. Is it a social commentary piece? It is an action movie filled with stunning vistas? Is it a study in the morality of player choice? Is it a cosmic horror story? Is it a story of redemption and sacrifice? In the end, Bioshock Infinite is none of these things. It is, instead, the story of KenOverall, the experience of Bioshock Infinite is a muddled one that can't seem to decide what it is. Is it a social commentary piece? It is an action movie filled with stunning vistas? Is it a study in the morality of player choice? Is it a cosmic horror story? Is it a story of redemption and sacrifice? In the end, Bioshock Infinite is none of these things. It is, instead, the story of Ken Levine trying to recapture the surprise and innovation of the original Bioshock and falling short, delivering a strictly average game that ends with a whimper, instead of a bang. Expand
  100. Apr 4, 2013
    B-R-U-T-A-L

Así, con mayúsculas y guiones... El uno me encanto, el dos me enamoro y esta ya... pues me ha violado. La duración, no es excesivamente largo, pero tampoco es corto, me ha durado lo suyo dándole caña. La ambientación fantásticamente exagerada. Como ya nos traía Rapture, Columbia es la megalomanía llevada al limite de forma magistral. (ojo a según que paisajes, de gozo)
    B-R-U-T-A-L

Los gráficos lucen bastante bien en una configuración media-alta (teniendo en cuenta las características de mi portátil) sin sombras dinámicas, mención especial para las visiones de la ciudad en su esplendor, fantástico.
    Casi siempre superando los treinta con holgura excepto casos sangrantes de bajada de FPSs sin razón aparente (pocos pero existentes)... El resto perfecto.

A nivel de jugabilidad... Bueno, no añade demasiado; quizás habría que hablar de los Aero railes, interesante pero no va muy allá. Mantiene el nivel de los anteriores, osease, alto.

Música, pues al son de la ambientación, a medida.

La Historia merece un aparte. Interesante, enrevesada... Me he sorprendido muy gratamente. Le he cogido cariño a Elisabeth, "mira per on".

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]