8.5

1. Jun 6, 2013
    A mostly fun game, but not one I feel the need to replay since it was very generic most of the time. It's very much a tunnel shooter. This game had a LOT of hype, but was not as good as the original, nor anything that special gameplay or technically wise. Though the story was good.
    It's a 6/10 at best tbh
  2. Oct 17, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a lovely game. Art direction, graphics and sound are superb. Made me think of Singularity and Dishonored at times. A beautiful first person shooter, and a must-have.
  3. Jul 28, 2013
    Good but not great another fine example of industry overhype.

Good but not great another fine example of industry overhype.

The art design and overall feel of the world is fantastic (even though technically the graphics are rather poor lots of post-processing hiding poor textures and low poly counts) but the gameplay is a very generic shooter and gets repetitive very quickly. Overall game mechanics are dumbed-down significantly from Bioshock 1 and 2.

In short, a shiny but shallow game. Worth playing for the world and the story, but nowhere near as good as people are making it out to be.
  4. Apr 25, 2013
    Just finished. Amazing game. Kept me hooked beginning to end, did not want to do anything else. So many details that were cool and unique and found nowhere else. The story is incredible and this is the first game I've bought in a while that I actually felt deserved my money. One thing I will say is the fighting tended to get repetitive with the shoot this guy, search that garbage canJust finished. Amazing game. Kept me hooked beginning to end, did not want to do anything else. So many details that were cool and unique and found nowhere else. The story is incredible and this is the first game I've bought in a while that I actually felt deserved my money. One thing I will say is the fighting tended to get repetitive with the shoot this guy, search that garbage can for ammo, shoot that guy, search some corpses for a sandwich, etc. I've never seen so much money just strewn about and thrown away anywhere. If there had to be a flaw, it would be the search-system. Not sure how one would fix that, but it is what it is. Doesn't detract from the game though. LOVES me that hand cannon. Expand
  5. Jul 13, 2013
    Yes, sometimes you know a game will be good before you even play it. But you still have no idea just how good this game is. This game will touch you...
  6. May 2, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a decent game which suffers from pacing and gameplay issues. The story is decent enough, but a let down compared to the first game, and not nearly as clever in its commentary about the world or video games. The best part of the game is your sidekick, Elizabeth, who is a sidekick done right and uses a very clever mechanic to make herself useful and meaningful, but theBioshock Infinite is a decent game which suffers from pacing and gameplay issues. The story is decent enough, but a let down compared to the first game, and not nearly as clever in its commentary about the world or video games. The best part of the game is your sidekick, Elizabeth, who is a sidekick done right and uses a very clever mechanic to make herself useful and meaningful, but the game itself failed to make itself dynamic enough for her to be used to her full potential.

The story of the original Bioshock is what really made the game special. Unfortunately, this game's story is not up to the level of the first game's story; you don't feel the same drive onward, and, unfortunately, because of the first game's twist, it is more obvious that there is going to be a twist in this one, which somewhat bothered me as I saw the twist coming from the very start of the game.
    Unlike in the previous games, in Bioshock Infinite, your character, Booker DeWitt, has both a name and a personality. Booker speaks up throughout the game, talking to the various NPCs, and especially to his sidekick, Elizabeth.
    The best and worst part of the game is the various transitions between realities; not only do you draw things between worlds, but you actually travel between worlds at various points in the game, to realities where things played out differently, including (eventually) a reality wherein Booker died after coming to the city.
    The problem, ultimately, is that the game never really delivers on the story; it is alright, but it isn't spectacular, and the world-skipping, while a neat idea, never really ends up having the punch that it should, as well as making it so that what we did earlier didn't really matter in that particular world (or maybe it did - who knows?). The whole "dead in one world, alive in another" thing is never really properly explored or followed up on, even though it was built up in significance, and the end result is that while it advanced the plot it really failed to make the game awesome.

The ultimate weakness of this game lies in its gameplay. Bioshock Infinite is every bit the sequel to the previous Bioshock games, and this isn't a good thing - the gameplay is very similar to what it was in previous games, and while the enemy variety is a bit better in this game, there's nothing quite as exciting as some of the Big Daddy fights were in the first game. The Handymen are alright replacements for them, and make for reasonable enough fights, and your first fight against the various new types of enemies is neat enough, but as with the previous games, the lack of real bosses hurts the game a bit.
    The normal soldiers who are running around in most of the game are not terribly difficult or interesting enemies to fight, and while some of the battlefields are very interesting and dynamic and make good use of Elizabeth's powers, many of the fights are the opposite - very static things where you just hide behind cover and shoot the enemies, gradually grinding your way through the group without changing what you had summoned into the fight with Elizabeth at all. Elizabeth's powers are really neat, but without a reason to run around during the fight (something some of the special enemies provided at times, especially the handymen, as well as some of the more interesting environmental setups) they often didn't end up very interesting as they just were a piece of whatever I summoned in at the start to help me, rather than something I brought in mid-fight to swing things in my favor.
    The actual weapons in the game were very standard for a FPS, with the usual assortment of weapons, and unfortunately the upgrades system really encouraged you to try and stick to as few weapons as possible so that you could make the most use out of your upgrades - this is one of the major flaws of upgrade systems, in that they actually frequently reduce the variety of gameplay by encouraging you to not use a variety of weapons. Some of the weapons were also vastly better than others, and by the end of the game you pretty much had your pick of which weapon to use most of the time, rather than giving you a scavenging feel.
    The vigors are supposed to help mix things up from the usual FPS point of view, and it is nice to have weird weapons in a game, but ultimately I only ended up using a small number of the vigors - really, the only good ones were the ones which temporarily incapacitated foes, including the one that gave me a free ally for a bit, and as a result I pretty much only used three vigors through most of the game. They also didn't fit into the world at all thematically.
    All in all, the gameplay didn't really match the ambiance the story seemed to be trying to create, and the gameplay was too slow for the game itself - the game would have been better if it had avoided making you run around looking for change all the time.
  7. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is a worthy successor to the fantastic original Bioshock. Not only does it have one of the best stories ever told in one of gaming's most incredible settings, it has some of the most original and fun gameplay as well. This is the greatest game to come out in the last few years and the greatest first person shooter since the original Bioshock. A must-play game.
  8. Nov 9, 2013
    I do agree with Bioshock: Infinite being somewhat overrated, but that doesn't stop me from loving this game.

After about a year, I am ready for my review on here. I will try to keep it shorter, for everybody's sake! Bioshock takes place in an insanely beautiful place. Columbia, the city in the clouds! As a PC gamer, the numerous visual options blew me away, and I had fun fiddling

Bioshock takes place in an insanely beautiful place. Columbia, the city in the clouds! As a PC gamer, the numerous visual options blew me away, and I had fun fiddling with them. When applied, the game's setting, powered by DirectX11/Uneal Engine, is ludicrously hypnotic in its beauty. I will often find myself walking around just to marvel at the detail and explore. Because, you do have free reign to explore plenty of times! With hidden items, secret areas, and meaningful collectables waiting to reward you for exploring. The story definitely takes you on a ride, with great gunplay, powers, and upgrades to help you along this game, which is awesomely similiar to a RPG without going too far into RPG territory. I admit, the game can be a bit annoying at times, especially the Handyman enemies, and some of them can soak up bullets like no tomorrow! The places where you fight said enemies tend to be a bit linear at times, but I always felt that because a game is linear doesn't mean it's bad. Bioshock: Infinite does manage to have side quests or hidden goodies to make exploration of these somewhat linear areas meaningful! I'll take that over something like Battlefield 3's campaign, which was linear but didn't have meaningful exploration!

Bioshock: Infinite is amazing, but it isn't perfect. It's truly above average, at least to me, and this is one epic story you will not want to miss!
  9. Nov 17, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is amazing, just utterly amazing. The first sky hook execution put a smile on my face from ear to ear after which I never stopped smiling through the entire game. With the sky hook comes the sky rail which turns you into a living roller coaster from which you can attack enemies on the move. It provides an amazing combination of fast-paced action along with the rush ofBioShock Infinite is amazing, just utterly amazing. The first sky hook execution put a smile on my face from ear to ear after which I never stopped smiling through the entire game. With the sky hook comes the sky rail which turns you into a living roller coaster from which you can attack enemies on the move. It provides an amazing combination of fast-paced action along with the rush of riding a roller coaster.

The story is incredible although it really has nothing to do with the original Rapture storyline so it doesn't necessarily fit the BioShock series. Although because it is such a great game which sticks to the original BioShock style game play, it is nice to know that the BioShock series was not tarnished. One can honestly say the BioShock trilogy is one of the best of all time.

Future games need to take notes on how to implement a sidekick. Any girl that gives me money is ok in my book and Elizabeth is a sweetheart to boot. She never gets in the way. She's never commanding or condescending. And she even helps you out by pointing out items like lock picks and voxophones. I actually developed a sense of trust in her. She was not only useful, but made me feel welcome in the process.

Easily the best game I've played this year.
  10. Apr 16, 2013
    The original was an incredible game and truly groundbreaking in the first person shooter market. The original created Rapture, Atlas, Jack, and Andrew Ryan and it spent hours upon hours of truly picking into their every crevice. This game never feels like it develops as deep as the original, but I think it may be because of the massive scope of theology, ideology, and Scientific theoryThe original was an incredible game and truly groundbreaking in the first person shooter market. The original created Rapture, Atlas, Jack, and Andrew Ryan and it spent hours upon hours of truly picking into their every crevice. This game never feels like it develops as deep as the original, but I think it may be because of the massive scope of theology, ideology, and Scientific theory that is is trying to delve into. If all you are looking for is a CoD or Battlefield clone, this is not that game. The shooting isn't its best feature, the skyline doesn't quite work that great on consoles, and it wasn't until late in the game that I felt like using Vigors. Although Bucking Bronco and Undertow are incredible fun to play with. I cannot remember another game I have ever played that asked such deep questions, or left me sitting in the chair just taking a deep breath and trying to understan the scale of everything I just saw. Sure, there are times that it became a little convoluted, and if you want you can claim you saw it coming. You didn't see all of it coming, but believe whatever you want. I have just never played a game that had such real world social commentary, and asked made you think so deeply. The spectacle that is the end can be seen based on how polarized it has left many of the reviews. I think the problem is that people are trying to say, they have already seen this kind of stuff in books, or expected it to have RPG elements or some random other aspects that were never meant to be in the game. Anyways, my point is while books and film have had the same elements, this is the first game I have ever seen to push the genre further and it was refreshing. I look forward to anything else Ken Levine can come up with as this was a truly amazing experience and I could not put it down from the second I picked it up. It did not do very much to make itself better than Bioshock 1, however Bioshock 1 was perfect, so I don't know how it could have.

I just have to add this, why exactly does this game have to give you free roam? Why should it be open world, why should it have open ended decisions that massively change the story? Why are you expecting this game to be exactly like other games? Also, if you are down voting this game based on graphics, please leave. If someone reviews games based on looking pretty, I doubt they understood this game anyways. Ken Levine wanted to make films, that is why he moved to California. So, this game was never really designed to be the best shooter on the market. It basically is there to tell a very deep and intense story and the best format for telling said story is through a first person medium.
  11. Mar 30, 2013
    Felt like I was playing an Disney Pixar movie at times. Plot is mind bending but seems legit. It was a huge improvement over first two Bioshocks. The world is fun and colorful as opposed to claustrophobic and dark.
  12. Apr 17, 2013
    Even if you stripped away the story, characters, art direction, voice acting, and music this would still be a good game. But with all those elements, this game is amazing. The art direction and detail in certain areas of the game is jaw dropping. There is much imagination at work in this game, both with gameplay and story. To say more about how good the story and characters are wouldEven if you stripped away the story, characters, art direction, voice acting, and music this would still be a good game. But with all those elements, this game is amazing. The art direction and detail in certain areas of the game is jaw dropping. There is much imagination at work in this game, both with gameplay and story. To say more about how good the story and characters are would venture into spoiler territory. This is a worthy sequel to the original Bioshock. Not only worthy, but better. Expand
  13. Mar 30, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a gaming treasure that I implore anyone to check out. Excellent storytelling matched with a unique feeling of belonging. The period of alternate 1920 also adds a unique spin on modern American politics.
  14. Apr 2, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a great game, but certainly not a perfect one. The ambiance and the plot are good enough to keep you playing even when combat is getting repetitive and sometimes annoying. Because yes, the lack of variety and originality in the new plasmids (oups, tonics) and the dull guns (a sh*tload of boring shotguns for 4 or 5 interesting weapons) are making the gunfights a bitBioshock Infinite is a great game, but certainly not a perfect one. The ambiance and the plot are good enough to keep you playing even when combat is getting repetitive and sometimes annoying. Because yes, the lack of variety and originality in the new plasmids (oups, tonics) and the dull guns (a sh*tload of boring shotguns for 4 or 5 interesting weapons) are making the gunfights a bit weak, even if it's way more dynamic than in the first bioshock games. But don't get me wrong, this game is great, you get to discover the incredible universe of Columbia with pleasure and Elizabeth is a great addition to the game, her presence isn't annoying at all. The only real problem with this game is the fact that you pay sixty bucks for about 14-16 hours of gameplay. You should wait for the Steam summer deals, but it's definitely a buy, don't pirate it! Expand
  15. Mar 29, 2013
    Have not seen better game since original Bioshock of new era. This is a masterpiece no matter what anyone personal feeling of setup is. Game works as a game it keep you with the game world as game should, mechanics works pretty well, although, as an shooter it's a bit choppy time to time, but since you just wanna see more of it it doesn't even bother. The engine sense I think graphicsHave not seen better game since original Bioshock of new era. This is a masterpiece no matter what anyone personal feeling of setup is. Game works as a game it keep you with the game world as game should, mechanics works pretty well, although, as an shooter it's a bit choppy time to time, but since you just wanna see more of it it doesn't even bother. The engine sense I think graphics looks great they could of done better job at optimizing it as running pretty heavy setups and yet can't get ultra or even very high to work in playable fps tells me something could of been done better. I'll rate this 10 any day over stuff I have seen in past 2 years in gaming. Hell, having hard time to even compare this at old school shooters which were good as this one, but this sure will be one of golden pieces in gaming history remembered for whole year 2013. Expand
  16. Jan 10, 2014
    This is one hard game to judge and to review, because it has so much but at the same it has so little. But I want to be clear from the start: yes, it is a good game. Yes, it has a very good story. Yes, it is a better shooter than normal. No, it's definitely not a masterpiece that everyone assume: it has flaws and those flaws are huge that cannot be avoided, especially considering I LOVEDThis is one hard game to judge and to review, because it has so much but at the same it has so little. But I want to be clear from the start: yes, it is a good game. Yes, it has a very good story. Yes, it is a better shooter than normal. No, it's definitely not a masterpiece that everyone assume: it has flaws and those flaws are huge that cannot be avoided, especially considering I LOVED the original (especially System Shock), and I was expecting so much from this game, but when I heard of thecontent they had, but later removed, I just waited for a discount. Something that I didn't do for the original.

What's good in it:

1)The story is the best part of the game and despite confusing at first...it will be still confusing later on, until you end the game, and hardly any game nowadays is able to do hook you like this game, especially an fps game. I won't spoil the story, but it's interesting and very engaging. Is it flawless? No, but it's still good. And that's what counts.

2) The combat, while being a shooter, is actually pretty good although not very innovative, but if we have to compare to other "modern" fps game this is way higher on the scale: the vigors, while being not exceptional comparing to the original Bioshock, it still gives some variation on the fight and combined with your weapons (I'll talk about it) and also the sky-line fights, it gives some good combat now and then
    and it was ok and enjoyable. Only downside is that the fights are far too easy (I played on normal) so unless you want a challenge, you'll have to fight on highest difficulty, especially since your partner (Elizabeth) will provide support now and then. Not perfect, but definitely better than the average fps.

3) I finished the game in about 10 hours, doing the most I can and trying to gather most of the powerups I could get (the pots), so even on length it's pretty good too considering most of fps nowadays, if you're lucky, will last about 5 hour or so, even less if you like to rush on the game. Sure the game will last less than 10 hours if you rush but, once again, if we have to compare to other fps, it's pretty lengthy. On its own, it's good enough: not too long, not too short.

What's bad in it:

1)You can only carry 2 weapons at once and, unless you find the weapon somewhere, you'll be stuck with the two you've got; this alone will make most of the weapons useless, because you'll focus on just 2 weapons most of the time and only them for the rest of the game: a pity because not only the original you could carry all of the weapons, but each one was useful (even the wrench, with the right upgrade!).

2)You can use all of the vigors at once but it's so badly implemented (you hold Q to show the screen of vigors; in Bioshock it was bind to your F1 keys) that you will often forget them and just use two all time (since it's also very easy, it won't matter).

3) Passives are gone and are replaced with clothes that you have to find and once you use them, you can replace with another until you find another. General upgrades also are dumbed down, with potions upgrade for health, shield and salts, and money for the other upgrades (instead of a specific revenue, like the ADAM in Bioshock)

4)Too few exploration and lack of choices....and those few choices will lead you to nothing, since the game ends the same everytime. Also, the game is extremely linear despite the game will try to give "different paths", but the game will always force your way through one way only.

5)Vigors are extremely dumbed down and not all of them are very useful and not worth upgrading at all. And some powers aren't here, like Telekinesis... (I would have LOVED to throw them away!!!!)

There are probably other issues that I could mention, but all in all this game is very good and it was enjoyable to play through...but yes, this game, together with Portal 2 and maybe some CoD games, is one of the most overhyped games ever, because of the amount of things they have promised to deliver just scrapped later for giving us, in few words, a "linear shooter with story elements". I won't say it's bad because it's linear (I mentioned it had some exploration), but after Bioshock I expected sooooo much from this game and, to this day, I still consider that game a masterpiece (although that game is too easy too). But yes, I highly recommend this game to give it a try, ESPECIALLY if you find it on discount, because it has a good story (but hard to follow), one of the most reliable and interesting partners I've ever had (and more games should take inspiration from her!), and has an unnoriginal yet good fps mechanic that works, but really begged for more innovation (Ok, the original game was more clunky on using both of your powers....)

A tough score for me, but I think a 9(.5) is a very well deserved to this game.
    Very good, but very flawed as well.
  17. Jun 14, 2013
    Pros: Beautiful graphics. Skylines were fun. Vigors were fun to use. Story was good, and Elizabeth was a great character.
    Cons: Repetitive and formulaic gameplay. The world isn't really "living and breathing" outside of the first part of the game. The Boss Fight. The game is ridiculously easy. Did I mention the Boss Fight?
  18. Apr 1, 2013
    When I read all those positive reviews I kinda wonder whether I played the same game. Handling guns feels better than in first two Bioshck games, since they are powerful, accurate and (thank god) you can actually turn off the mouse acceleration in the settings. Combat overall is more streamlined (=simplified) experience, but feels right nontheless. Elizabeth is one of the greatest npcWhen I read all those positive reviews I kinda wonder whether I played the same game. Handling guns feels better than in first two Bioshck games, since they are powerful, accurate and (thank god) you can actually turn off the mouse acceleration in the settings. Combat overall is more streamlined (=simplified) experience, but feels right nontheless. Elizabeth is one of the greatest npc companions to be seen in fps game.
    On the other hand, overal graphical detail is a joke and although from artistical perspective can be sometimes beautiful, Columbia simply wasn't my thing. Main problem I have with the game (besides the absolutely ridiculous hype it somehow managed to create) is how the story fits into the game. It doesn't. Almost all of it (the important parts anyways) is stuffed to the last few chapters and how much sense it will make depends solely on how many hints you manage to find on your way there. That is simply not how storytelling is supposed to work, not to meniton the comlete lack of choice have in it. Were the gameplay and story in some sort of balance, resulting game would be about the third of its size at best. The storytelling is just terrible and it makes the story look way more complex than it really is and that's probably what generates all the hype. The story itself is pretty intereting and somewhat complex and would've made for a great movie, but the way it is told here is just sad and it hardly supports any actual gameplay.
  19. Oct 17, 2013
    What a contrived load of nonsensical story, poor dialogue, and simple gameplay mechanics. Bioshock was much more ambitious than this and even its predecessor was more ambitious. Breaking down the "plot" in Bioshock Infinite, you would think you've just wasted about four to five hours on a game modeled after the popular Call Of Duty franchise. All throughout, it would seem that theWhat a contrived load of nonsensical story, poor dialogue, and simple gameplay mechanics. Bioshock was much more ambitious than this and even its predecessor was more ambitious. Breaking down the "plot" in Bioshock Infinite, you would think you've just wasted about four to five hours on a game modeled after the popular Call Of Duty franchise. All throughout, it would seem that the developers were obviously held back by technological limitations. From the civilians that act coincidentally very similar to actual automatons, to the linear parths, the empty shops, the poor textures, and the horrendous AI. It is marred by the simple contrivances of a console developed port. The story is bonkers from start to finish, the character interactions are meaningless, poorly developed and poorly paced. Their are moments of combat that are woefully silly with the new "vigors" featured throughout. The visuals are a mixed bag as well and while thematically it explores an interesting locale (though a technologically far fetched one at that), its still not as imaginative as our first foray into the world of Bioshock or even System Shock. I didn't care for the voice acting or the enemy design. When action slowed down, Elizabeth was boring to listen to, comforting her character with a button press was immensely stupid, the vigors were there but hardly useful and the tougher enemies had to be cheesed all over to beat them on hard difficulty. Most of the guns are useless, unimaginative and emulate Call of Duty to a "t" with its visual style text during combat. Now Bioshock wasn't perfect, it certainly lowered the bar frankly when compared to System Shock 1 and 2, but it was certainly better written than Bioshock Infinite for sure and didn't feature the bizarre love/ hate relationship with a vague girl trapped in a tower away from the outside world all her life. Booker's strange commentary was woefully unrealized, their were moments that actually had no bearing on anything and the multi dimensional angle was irritating in its execution. "They remembered being dead," says Elizabeth. Really? I can't recall a moment in time where a game was so predictable, contrived and poorly structured. I hope someday people look back on the mess that it is at a whole and though some mechanics, which were mostly borrowed from other games, shined through, it was still disappointing on every level as a standalone title. If you have a minute, before you play the game or even buy it, read some of the hilarious plot summaries and various rants about the "real" story. Its amazing how much people can read into a videogame that was meant to appeal to Bioshock fans that only owned the Xbox 360 release and most of the Call of Duty games. Expand
  20. Apr 30, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a fine example of quality game-making. The mechanics are smooth, the story is (mostly) well told, the world is immersive and the sound design is some of the best in the industry. However, I have a number of problems with the game as a whole.
    First and foremost, the game is almost fatally repetitive. It is a strange thing because games are, by their very nature, a repetitious art-form, but Infinite has this weird quality about it where you can't help but feel like you're just being pulled along from one firefight to the other. The original Bioshock had a very palpable sense of tension and survival to it. The player got a real sense that the inhabitants of Rapture were universally hostile and bent on killing anything that was foreign to their territory. In Bioshock Infinite, enemies just sort of show up out of nowhere in little waves and start shooting you, over, and over, and over, and over again.
    Bioshock Infinite is also ridiculously easy. I played through the game on Normal and only ran into one instance where I died more than once, and this instance was the final boss-fight. Bioshock had a much stronger emphasis on the importance of looting and resource management. I remember constantly having to juggle between weapons in that game because at any given moment half of them would be out of ammo and I would have to make due with what I currently had. Money was also much more scarce. Conversely, I was practically tripping over money and resources in Infinite. I believe I beat the game with over $6,000 in my wallet and therefore I never even came close to running out of ammo or health. I know that there is the infamous 1999 mode, but Normal difficulty should still pose more of a challenge than that.
    Another issue I have is with the vigors, in that they seem totally arbitrary within the world of Columbia. Now, a friend pointed out to me that they seem to be more of a new thing to Columbia and that is why only a select few (the crow and fire men) have them, but it's still strange to play a bioshock game where vigors, for all intents and purposes, add NOTHING to the plot whatsoever. Plasmids and Adam were essential to the plot of Bioshock and now here are vigors, which are the exact same thing only this time they don't have a reason for being in the world aside from "well, it's a Bioshock game." Another strange thing about the vigors is that I was constantly forgetting to even use them. This isn't to say that they're totally ineffective, but the plasmids in Bioshock were ESSENTIAL to one's survival, whereas here I found that I was getting along just fine most of the time with just capping enemies off with my carbine, at which point I would realize I was incredibly bored and then I would remember "Oh yeah, I can set people on fire."
    Lastly, if you ever take the time to stop and look at anything in Bioshock Infinite closely, you will see that it all looks hideous. Bioshock Infinite is plagued by muddy, low-res textures that the gorgeous lighting effects strain to make up for but never quite do. I have a hard time believing that the game is "too big" for better textures because Far Cry 3 looks generally marvelous and that game has a hell of a lot more to render at any given time than Infinite could ever dream of.
    After all of this, the game is still worth playing and it's actually quite brilliant in small doses. I have issues with the story as well, but I don't want to write a spoiler-y review. Just know that if you take a good, honest look at Bioshock Infinite, you probably won't find the revolutionary, generation-defining masterpiece that everyone is heralding it as. We already got that game and it was just called "Bioshock."
  21. Aug 26, 2013
    Very good game but the lack of fun is what keeps it from being a classic. I don’t think I can really complain about anything but the inventory system and searching ever dead body (I HATE THAT) but I just felt like much of the game was boring combat to get to the next story point. I think this would have made a much better movie than a game.
  22. Sep 30, 2013
    Damn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything elseDamn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything else I've played this year in terms of story. Fusing a strong game mechanic and an intricate narrative, BI creates an absolutely vivid and realistic gamine experience. The idea of the city in the sky alone is worth praise. So we have an incredible environment that designed so beautifully and authentically. We have a story that has twists, clever and emotional dialogue, strong narrative and has excellent pacing from start to finish. The game engine is as good as it ever was from the original Bioshock games and plays even better here. The music score is brilliant as usual from franchise composer Schyman as well as the cover songs. The foley, environmental and sound FX are excellent. There are really no faults to be found here. Well... not completely. For whatever reason the Bioshock franchise has had issues with graphics for smaller items at close range. I played this at full settings on DX11+PhysX and the rounded items still look clunky. I'm not sure why this is but it's just a small, visual annoyance. There were also several invisible walls and ceilings here and there that were frustrating. At times there were sticky spots like invisible items on the ground that stopped me as well as some corners that stuck out. Lastly, the Vigor (Plasmid in previous Bioshock games) keys aren't as accessible as they should be. Instead of hotkeys for each Vigor there is a wheel to choose and then a separate key to execute. Since Vigors can be combined it's a bit of a nuisance to have to switch back and forth, especially in tense scenarios. Given all those drawbacks Bioshock Infinite is a milestone in gaming. There is no other game with such fun and excitement blended with an elaborate and wildly imaginative storyline. One last thing: The rails. The wonderful rails. So much fun zipping around in fire fights. I'll never forget how awesome it was! Expand
  23. Apr 16, 2013
    Story Great. Graphics Amazing. Gameplay Below average. Annoying Quirks Many.

Story Great. Graphics Amazing. Gameplay Below average. Annoying Quirks Many.

So yes this is over-hyped. A 95 on metacritic say what? It deserves an 85 tops. The story is really good and the cut scenes are riveting. The voice acting is also excellent. But the overall action is not good enough, especially in 2013. I played through on the Hard setting piece of cake except for the Boss scenes which were impossible. On the Medium setting the enemies were a joke. Scrounging around for ammo and health is a PITA. Searching every corpse and desk...yawn. There just isn't much in the PC FPS category right now. Save your money. Me, I'm waiting for the HL2 final episode.
  24. Apr 28, 2013
    I just finished the game and felt the need to write a review immediately. This is easily one of the best FPS I've ever played. Absolutely beautiful setting, aesthetic, and music bring the world of Columbia to life and completely immerse the player into the game. While it appears some people would disagree, I found the story to be fantastic, particularly the ending. Elizabeth was great asI just finished the game and felt the need to write a review immediately. This is easily one of the best FPS I've ever played. Absolutely beautiful setting, aesthetic, and music bring the world of Columbia to life and completely immerse the player into the game. While it appears some people would disagree, I found the story to be fantastic, particularly the ending. Elizabeth was great as both a character and an NPC. I found her to be both realistic and helpful without ever being annoying... which is pretty rare for a companion NPC. The gameplay is pretty similar to the original Bioshock and is perfectly adequate when compared to other top-tier FPS games. I did find that certain vigor/equipment/gun combinations were completely overpowered though, so there could have been a bit more balance. I also wish that the textures were higher resolution and that the game put more emphasis on exploration, but that's just me nitpicking. Overall it was an amazing experience. Expand
  25. Apr 2, 2013
    i'm fan of Bioshock (2007) and was really excited about infinite.Now when iv played it i think its one of the best games of all time whit original bioshock and i feel sad for people who can't understand it greatness cuz when they will see or experience something that good (movie, music, painting, book, video game) they will miss some good feeling.
  26. Apr 16, 2013
    I'd put this game in the 90th percentile for storytelling, but the 99th percentile for world building/artistic design. Seriously, I'd be happy to sink a few hours into just wandering about and enjoying the design and music without any other stuff to do. The gameplay is... fine, with moments of fantastic fun courtesy of the sky-lines.
  27. Apr 2, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is one of those rare games that comes along with a story worth telling. More than that. This story is one that deserves telling, and the only way it can do that is for you to play it. No friend's retelling, or Wikipedia synopsis can ever come close to the experience the floating city of Columbia brings, and no YouTube video of the ending scenes can convey the emotionBioShock Infinite is one of those rare games that comes along with a story worth telling. More than that. This story is one that deserves telling, and the only way it can do that is for you to play it. No friend's retelling, or Wikipedia synopsis can ever come close to the experience the floating city of Columbia brings, and no YouTube video of the ending scenes can convey the emotion behind this brilliantly designed game. So please, would you kindly pick up this unforgettable piece of video game history? Expand
  28. Apr 22, 2013
    Pretty good story, though I want to know more about Elizabeth. I feel like her past is still empty. I agree she is one of the best companions in a game thus far. Her mannerisms and personality make her instantly likeable and you appreciate her company through the entire game. Stunning visuals, great sound, animation is top notch! Combat gets very repetitive and weapons become a chore.Pretty good story, though I want to know more about Elizabeth. I feel like her past is still empty. I agree she is one of the best companions in a game thus far. Her mannerisms and personality make her instantly likeable and you appreciate her company through the entire game. Stunning visuals, great sound, animation is top notch! Combat gets very repetitive and weapons become a chore. Highly recommend, as this game is brilliant. Expand
  29. Apr 20, 2013
    My rating is based on the super graphics and the somewhat unique approach to the coming of the messiah. The shooter end of the game is okay, but somewhat annoying. I would like to find at least one game where you can kill an opponent with one shot. Still, the game lives up to the hype, but personally I prefer the first two Bioshocks.
  30. Apr 24, 2014
    The good, the game has probably the best atmosphere I've ever experienced in a game. Certain parts of the game just ooze ambiance and you can tell that the people at Irrational gave total thought into every single set piece that was placed. The game has probably the best environment I've ever seen in a game and its' pretty much the sole reason the game gets a 6. The atmosphere is topThe good, the game has probably the best atmosphere I've ever experienced in a game. Certain parts of the game just ooze ambiance and you can tell that the people at Irrational gave total thought into every single set piece that was placed. The game has probably the best environment I've ever seen in a game and its' pretty much the sole reason the game gets a 6. The atmosphere is top notch and you literally can't help but not be awed by the sight of Columbia. The bad, well it has this great atmosphere in a floating city but for most of the game you're exploring confined spaces. In all 8 hours I played in only a ten second span, did I feel like I was in a floating city. This was when the PC had to traverse a ledge to get to another point in the area. Another problem, the game uses checkpoints to save your game. The game prizes itself on exploration to flesh out the world through audio and visual diaries, such as Bioshock 1 and 2 yet at times I noted myself having thirty minutes between saves due to me exploring. I found myself rushing exploring just because I had to go to work or school. Another problem, there's not much variation in enemies or is there much of a challenge. The most challenging enemy called a, "Handyman," is only encountered around six or seven times and its' the only time you'll ever encounter a challenge. The gameplay is distinctly average, which is a shame. The game shares problem with third person shooters, in that it they telegraph where fighting will occur. The vigors also feel like direct rip offs from Bioshock 1 & 2 yet are harder to aim. The games story is decent, but the foreshadowing is literally jammed down your throat. and not only that but its' confusing as hell towards the end and makes no sense. I paid $7.50 for the game and it took ~8 hours. Overall the game's decent but don't expect the second coming of first person shooters. Expand
  31. Jul 12, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a good single player shooter that's worth one playthrough. After that, well... you're going to have to like it a LOT to go through it again. The main draws are the story and setting which are respectively interesting and gorgeous, though the former is rather heavy-handed with its handling of racism. Gameplay wise Infinite is similar to previous Bioshocks and otherBioshock Infinite is a good single player shooter that's worth one playthrough. After that, well... you're going to have to like it a LOT to go through it again. The main draws are the story and setting which are respectively interesting and gorgeous, though the former is rather heavy-handed with its handling of racism. Gameplay wise Infinite is similar to previous Bioshocks and other FPS, but never manages to be more than average. The combat isn't particularly difficult even with 1999 mode engaged, and the vigors and weapons are rather boring. One thing I found myself really missing was the visual representation of weapon upgrades. I bought Infinite on sale for $30, which is probably the high end of what I'd consider to be a good price wait for it to go to $20 before you consider buying. Expand
  32. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is one of the few I will call excellent, with tight game play, interesting characters and a story that was both interesting and poignant. It actually made me misty eyed at the end.

The only criticisms I can level are that it is possible to miss details of the story if you're not paying close attention but also that it does not fully resolve the ending. Maybe the designers intended to leave it ambiguous as to whether that.... bed.. is empty or full.
  33. Aug 4, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a well put together game. Story is incredible, characters drawn in that engagingly weird way of the Bioshock games, and the environments leave lots of room for exploration and fun. The only down side (and even this only warrents a few points off) is that the game controls sort of like Right mouse is Vigor, left mouse is fire. Can't tell you how many times IBioshock Infinite is a well put together game. Story is incredible, characters drawn in that engagingly weird way of the Bioshock games, and the environments leave lots of room for exploration and fun. The only down side (and even this only warrents a few points off) is that the game controls sort of like Right mouse is Vigor, left mouse is fire. Can't tell you how many times I accidentally used a vigor by either trying to zoom or just a missclick. Even after re-binding some controls, the interface feels rather un-natural and clunky. Even that aside though, It's still one of the more fun games I've played in a while. Expand
  34. Apr 3, 2013
    An amazing feat in story-telling. Bioshock Infinite will give you a mind blowing experience if you really give attention on it's story. I wanna give this game a 9.5, because the gameplay is a bit lackluster if you compare it to the story. The control is a bit weird for an FPS game, so a little bit of adaptation is required for playing. I died so many times because there's no radar here.
  35. Apr 2, 2013
    Just finished the game and liked it very much. Although I didn't like it as much as the previous entries in the series. Where BI really hits the mark is the world and lore created. The atmosphere is almost perfect. The city is awesome, done with attention to the smallest details. It's so good it really should have been an RPG. Of course when I preordered it I knew it's an FPS game, butJust finished the game and liked it very much. Although I didn't like it as much as the previous entries in the series. Where BI really hits the mark is the world and lore created. The atmosphere is almost perfect. The city is awesome, done with attention to the smallest details. It's so good it really should have been an RPG. Of course when I preordered it I knew it's an FPS game, but when you do such grand setting it's almost a waste to do "just" a shooter out of it. It would have been great if more interaction was allowed with the actors and I wouldn't had the feeling of walking amongst puppets. Despite the stuff I just mentioned, Columbia is a living city, with very nice design. The story was also good, but the writers aimed for too much and at the end I was more confused, than satisfied. The morality of the whole act is pretty shallow, after such hype I was expecting more. It's definitely for an adult audience, but stays at a level of infancy from a certain point of view. I felt, that it could have been developed much further, however it's nice to see, that some developers at least try to deal with these questions.
    Now some words about the gameplay. While it isn't as great as the previous Bioshock games, it's still good. Again, the design imo couldn't reach the high level which it was aiming for. I felt a sense of "streamlining" effort to make the game comfortable for newcomers and casual gamers, which definitely hurt the experience. I missed the minigames, the hacking and the need for bringing truly strategic decisions when upgrading my stats and weapons. I could pass all the obstacles without too much effort or the need to develop strategies to beat the enemies. Near the end some creatures forced me to think through which gun is the most useful in the situation, but that's it. Elizabeth powers are make you much stronger, than you need to be. And if it seems that you will be beat down in a few moments she is always there with ammo or a medical bag. This gave me the feeling, that I can play as stupidly as I want and there won't be any consequences.
    Summary: Despite the criticism above, Bioshock Infinite is still a great game, recommended.
  36. Mar 29, 2013
    Yeah, umm... what on earth is going on with everybody? This game is OK, but nowhere near a masterpiece or without its flaws. To sum it up, you travel from point A to point B while viewing amazing scenery, shooting the occasional bad guys with mediocre gunplay, and waste time looting those GODDAMN STUPID BOXES/CANS/BINS/WHATNOT FULL OF WORTHLESS What a way to slowdown the actualYeah, umm... what on earth is going on with everybody? This game is OK, but nowhere near a masterpiece or without its flaws. To sum it up, you travel from point A to point B while viewing amazing scenery, shooting the occasional bad guys with mediocre gunplay, and waste time looting those GODDAMN STUPID BOXES/CANS/BINS/WHATNOT FULL OF WORTHLESS What a way to slowdown the actual progress... Now I'm all for exploration and slow&high tension gameplay, but it's really distracting when you have to stop every few feet to open another garbage can, and find the same reward of a few coins and an apple. If you're an obsessive collector like me and/or would like to get the money required for the vast amount of upgrades the game offers, of course you have to search every nook and cranny and coincidentally impair the enjoyment. A stupid, stupid design decision from the creators... I don't like it one bit. However, all this said, the game does have its highlights. Apart from having an interesting story and world, so far I've come across to one of the best chase scenes in gaming history (that I can recall anyway). The music and SFX are topnotch, overall and particularly in this scene. Expand
  37. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is amazing! The best Bioshok so far and the best FPS shooter of the year. The art style is awesome. Anna Maleva (Elizabeth) is so beutiful that I cant stop watching her in front of me. Its been awhile since my last enhoyment of the game's world. This game MUST be played on PC with graphics on MAX, otherwise it wont be that enjoyable. As for the plot.. maaan, most of scie-fieThis game is amazing! The best Bioshok so far and the best FPS shooter of the year. The art style is awesome. Anna Maleva (Elizabeth) is so beutiful that I cant stop watching her in front of me. Its been awhile since my last enhoyment of the game's world. This game MUST be played on PC with graphics on MAX, otherwise it wont be that enjoyable. As for the plot.. maaan, most of scie-fie movies lose to Bioshock in many fields. a MUST PLAY GAME OF THE YEAR! Expand
  38. Jul 13, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is, first and foremost, a great successor to Bioshock and Bioshock 2, and refines and polishes not just it's core gameplay mechanics but it's politics, narrative and characterisation, with most (if not all) of the difficulties of the previous games corrected. The first thing that strikes you when playing Infinite is the sheer quality of it's production, the level ofBioshock Infinite is, first and foremost, a great successor to Bioshock and Bioshock 2, and refines and polishes not just it's core gameplay mechanics but it's politics, narrative and characterisation, with most (if not all) of the difficulties of the previous games corrected. The first thing that strikes you when playing Infinite is the sheer quality of it's production, the level of detail put into it's graphics and audio is second-to-none. It's rare also to see a game so well-researched, and so sure if it's ideas and to stick to it's convictions so thoroughly, to trust it's audience with serious themes, in particular racism, in such a way that neither waters it down or trivialises it with melodrama. And then there are quantum mechanics applied in an intelligent, complex manner inevitably, these themes are not for everyone, but once again this is something Levine and co should be applauded for sticking with so consistently, to believe in the intelligence of their fans and not be put off at risk of alienating those more used to Call of Duty's cod-melodrama.

Perhaps the most striking component for me when playing Infinite is the character of Elizabeth. I haven't yet seen a game do an AI counterpart so effectively she is a consistent part throughout the game, a dynamic character with an authentic rapport with DeWitt that works seamlessly with the game's busy and less busy periods (though to be sure, this is a considerably more action packed game than Bioshock ever was). Some players have criticised the simplification of some mechanics such as lockpicking, which is now handled by Elizabeth (upon the player's request). This is a great deception by the game you are still initiating the action, you are still in control, but the game is using a character who responds believably to fulfill the action, whilst often using the opportunity for a quick dose of exposition. Other features, such as finding codes or keycards are essentially removed, and this is clearly for the benefit of the flow of the game this is pretty much entirely a journey taken with someone else, and to have a bunch of mini-games would distract from this relationship.

These elements have been attempted (and not badly done, necessarily) before, most notably in Half-Life 2 (and increasingly in it's following episodes), but this so far is the apex of the design principle of AI counterparts it feels right, it's consistent, it's never, ever in the way of combat. There is no friendly fire, Elizabeth doesn't fight your enemies, but rather assists with health, ammo and salts (essentially ammo for the tonics, the more general variant of Bioshock's plasmids). Combat is fast, furious, bloody and dynamic with the inclusion of rails that twist amusingly like interactive rollercoasters throughout the games larger exterior combat areas an interesting point to make too, in that Bioshock's claustrophobia is largely replaced with vertigo, and this is reflected in the combat appropriately.

To summarise, Bioshock Infinite is the apex of the action game with increasingly streamlined RPG elements, an interesting path considering the classic predecessor of System Shock 2, an altogether more complex, slower paced and more scary title. But what Infinite places instead of the slow creeping dread of System Shock 2 and Bioshock is a grander sense of horror, the horror of racism and revolution, with all of it's moral ambiguities intact. It is superb.
  39. Oct 27, 2013
    Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot.Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot. So, I'll just leave it as this: this game will not leave your psych for days after you have completed the game. Expand
  40. Jul 13, 2013
    While benefitting from a gorgeous aesthetic design, a top-notch opening and some great voice acting, Bioshock Infinite is a deeply flawed entry in the 'Shock' series, and possibly the weakest thus far. Carrying over the basic gameplay from Bioshock, Infinite suffers from a shallow combat system that is both overlong and out-of-sync with the story & characters. Whereas both System Shock 2While benefitting from a gorgeous aesthetic design, a top-notch opening and some great voice acting, Bioshock Infinite is a deeply flawed entry in the 'Shock' series, and possibly the weakest thus far. Carrying over the basic gameplay from Bioshock, Infinite suffers from a shallow combat system that is both overlong and out-of-sync with the story & characters. Whereas both System Shock 2 and Bioshock were set in dystopian, ruined cities, Infinite is set on the still-functioning city of Columbia; this makes the scavenging mechanic seem oddly contrary to how the city is painted during the opening, as do the "vigors" that take the place of Psy powers and plasmids but add nothing meaningful to the world or the people inhabiting it. The story itself is fairly well-presented and has an exceptional opening and a satisfying conclusion (a first for a shock game) but loses momentum and becomes a slog in the middle. Overall, Bioshock Infinite is a decent game with a good story that could've been vastly improved if it were a new IP rather than trying to be another shock game. [7.4] Expand
  41. Apr 1, 2013
    the produers of bioshock are back with another great adventure for you to experience. the first minutes draw me in and it worked. graphics and story are interesting and on a high level. i think one of the best games lately!
  42. Mar 31, 2013
    Fantastic game; great story, very rich and developed world, good gameplay with significant improvements from Bioshock 1 and 2, and a mind blowing ending. In short nothing less than what I expected from a Bioshock game!
  43. Xon
    Jul 19, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite manages to carefully juggle amazing action, immersive atmosphere and great story-telling.

The gameplay is fluid during intense battles presented with beautiful and crisp graphics. Great care was taken to construct a riveting story that surprisingly dovetails with the first two installments.

It is definitely a game worth your time and thoroughly enjoyable.
  44. Apr 8, 2013
    This game combines innovative shooter technology and familiar Bioshock game play into a fantastic triple A story that was worth every dollar. Your life is one of regret until you give it a play through.
  45. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is absolutely stunning! It's graphics, gameplay and story are top notch. I have not played a better game for a very long time now. A must play for any gamer.
  46. Apr 20, 2013
    As someone who didn't really enjoy the first two games that much, I found Bioshock Infinite to be an incredible experience. It has some strong satire that I found to be shocking and refreshing. The campaign is fairly long, voice acting is excellent, production value is absolutely insane. The PC version runs and looks the best by far.
  47. Mar 28, 2013
    It's Bioshock, but without the amazing writing and atmosphere (still miles ahead of any other game out there atm though). Irrational tried too hard to make Columbia be another Rapture, but fell somewhat short. Having said that, the combat is as fun as in the original game. There are however pacing issues, where you spend more time searching countless containers scrounging for cash thanIt's Bioshock, but without the amazing writing and atmosphere (still miles ahead of any other game out there atm though). Irrational tried too hard to make Columbia be another Rapture, but fell somewhat short. Having said that, the combat is as fun as in the original game. There are however pacing issues, where you spend more time searching countless containers scrounging for cash than actually shooting stuff; the first couple hours are particularly slow and tedious. There are also far too many long, scripted sequences. This is very unfortunate, as Bioshock had the perfect balance between action and story.

Graphically, and artistically, the game is very pleasant (I played on ultra settings). One of the disappointing things about the original Bioshock was that you only got a sense of the massiveness of the city in the sub ride at the beginning; the rest of the game was very claustrophobic. Not so in this game, the developers were not shy in constantly showing off Columbia's size and splendor.

All in all, it's a solid shooter with a good story, and a must for any Bioshock fans. Just don't go in expecting the same epicness of the original and you won't be disappointed.
  48. Jul 16, 2013
    Story is amazing, the setting is just nice. Gameplay lacks of certain aspects. The difficulty is best to play at hard just getting a nice experience but still is little bit too easy. If going to play better from a story aspect than shooter.

POTENTIAL MINOR SPOILER:
    The ending is some kind of a paradox itself (if you know a lot of physics and science itself you get the idea)
  49. Oct 17, 2013
    This game does average things well and good things bad. Let me explain. The developers have used some clever effects such as lighting to make the average and simple graphics on this game bright shiny and very polished looking. However after several hours an experienced gamer will see the graphics and textures for what they are, simple.
    So after you have finished marvelling at the shiny
    So after you have finished marvelling at the shiny graphics and started playing the game there is no escaping the fact that the game is extremely boring. The very imaginative setting is utterly wasted on a truly uninspiring
    storyline that would have goldilocks screaming about copy write violations.
    But the game is not a RGP it's a shooter I hear you say. Well it is a shooter but a very dull one at that. Let me tell you why. Head shots don't really count!!! Each bad guy has a read bar that needs to be depleted. There are about 2 usable weapons to choose from and every fight is essentially the same. You will always be fighting in a square surrounded by building or in a building which is roughly the same dimensions as the streets. You have 3 different types enemies to kill throughout the whole game.
    The AI is awful.
    This game has some good points but if you are looking for something more this game is not for you.
  50. Mar 29, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game. Irrational are the best devs out there. I ran into not a single glitch in the 13 hours it took me to play through the game. The story is amazing. The gameplay is amazing. It's the best game of this generation.
  51. Sep 12, 2014
    Infinite is a great game, but I didn't find it to be the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be. The story is interesting and the ending will have you guessing what the heck just happened. But it honestly didn't draw me in and make me want to keep playing.I'm a huge fan of story based games but this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that the combat isn't as good as previousInfinite is a great game, but I didn't find it to be the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be. The story is interesting and the ending will have you guessing what the heck just happened. But it honestly didn't draw me in and make me want to keep playing.I'm a huge fan of story based games but this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that the combat isn't as good as previous games, the graphics are slightly dated (most likely due to consoles holding PC back so i can't really blame the game), the pacing is off, and there really isn't anything to due after you beat the game. In previous Bioshock games, you choices mattered and changed the ending. There is only one ending in Infinite and that's disappointing. However the game still gets many things right. The atmosphere is fantastic, Elizabeth's AI is great and the fact that she actually helps you in combat is something that more games should seek to add. I definitely enjoyed my time with the game and recommend playing it, just don't expect the flawless masterpiece so many people claim it is. Expand
  52. Jun 19, 2013
    Unos gráficos increíbles (que no realistas) ayudan a sumergirte en una trama aun mejor que disimula un juego bastante lineal en el que la ciudad de Columbia podría haber estado mucho mejor aprovechada. En combate el bueno de Booker se maneja con soltura eligiendo entre unos poderes que son casi calcos de los plásmidos que vimos en el primer juego y una gran variedad de armas.

La trama

La trama está narrada casi enteramente por cintas de voz que el jugador va encontrando a medida que explora los escenarios. Lo cierto es que es francamente intrincada y con un final muy confuso pero si has prestado atención a lo largo del juego podrás recomponer en su mayoría el rompecabezas.

GRAFICOS: 9,5
    SONIDO: 9
    JUABILIDAD:8
    DURACION:8
  53. Apr 1, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game. I highly recommend taking your time and finding all of the voxophones. Story is beautifully told. If you can play it on the PC then DO SO; it really brings out how beautiful the scenery is and the amount of detail they put in just make you just want to take screenshots and put it as a wallpaper.
  54. Mar 29, 2013
    Game of the year! Very interesting gameplay, nice level-design and great, memorable story. Very sad that most negative reviews here is about graphics. 10/10 must have!
  55. Jul 10, 2013
    You beauty!
    For those who say this game is overrated, i suppose you're either new to video gaming or you've had such an overdose of COD that you can't tell the difference between a 'game' and a "STUNNER".
    i am totally blown. i am a big movie-buff and have watched 100's of sci-fi movies to judge a sci-fi plot. If this were made into a movie,it would sure as hell break plenty of records.
    You beauty!
    i am totally blown.
    i am a big movie-buff and have watched 100's of sci-fi movies to judge a sci-fi plot. If this were made into a movie,it would sure as hell break plenty of records. The graphics,gameplay and other stuff are great but what what really steals the show is the plot and especially the ending of the game.
    Too bad if you haven't bought it yet coz its worth every penny. If you're not one of those who like to replay the game on higher difficulty settings after beating it once, this game might change you're mind.
    PS: it was the first bioshock that i bought.i haven't played any of the the previous titles on any platform.
    I have so much to say about this game but let's not spoil the surprise for you. Live it yourself.
  56. Mar 27, 2013
    Probably the most amazing game I have played in the past 10 years every review that has given the game more than 9.5 is true; it really is THAT good. This game is almost like movie in how it is presented story-wise. There is so much depth within it that makes you wonder about the character development like no other game. The characters are so rich and fleshed out that they are like theyProbably the most amazing game I have played in the past 10 years every review that has given the game more than 9.5 is true; it really is THAT good. This game is almost like movie in how it is presented story-wise. There is so much depth within it that makes you wonder about the character development like no other game. The characters are so rich and fleshed out that they are like they are living flesh in blood that you care about. The combat is super smooth and, might I say, much better than the first 2 in the series. There is also a ton of customization in how you want to upgrade your vigors and your strengths. All-in-all, this game definitely deserves a 10/10.

Great job Irrational; great job indeed.
  57. Aug 28, 2013
    Amazing game; honestly this is probably my favourite game of all time. It's not for everyone; the change in tone from Rapture may irk some, and the game-play isn't the best of all time. For me though, I play games for the art and story, both of which are phenomenal in this game. The design, art, story, and character development (among other elements) take the standard for video games to aAmazing game; honestly this is probably my favourite game of all time. It's not for everyone; the change in tone from Rapture may irk some, and the game-play isn't the best of all time. For me though, I play games for the art and story, both of which are phenomenal in this game. The design, art, story, and character development (among other elements) take the standard for video games to a whole new level, and it was also nice that Irrational bothered to give the PC version the option of turning the texture quality up to ridiculous levels (it really improves the overall experience, the game is gorgeous on higher settings). Ken Levine is one of the greatest story tellers of our age, not just in video games. 10/10, my only complaint being a lack of multi-player (which I think could have been fantastic with all the different mechanics in the game), but the single player experience was honestly so brilliant, that I can completely live without it. Expand
  58. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is a must, unless you're brainwashed player who claims that graphics>everything else. It's really hard to describe what I've felt after finishing this game. No words can describe it. Usually i'm very disappointed by modern game industry. But this game, is something else. You can feel this game. Buy it.
  59. May 11, 2013
    Fantastic story and storytelling and an amazing world however the run and gun gameplay itself is quiet bland, everything is just a sponge. Weapon and armour upgrade system feel awkward and hamfisted (no visual representation of upgrades, c'mon this is a AAA title guys). If you're like me you were always too cautious to actually use Salts due to the randomness of obtaining them.
  60. Mar 27, 2013
    This is example of what real triple A video game should be. It was done perfect in all sides. Optimization is also awesome. This is Game Of The Year!!!
  61. Apr 18, 2013
    This is by far one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. There's little in this game that you can't enjoy. I spent the first 20-30 minutes of my time in Columbia just walking, literally walking, around and examinging my surrounding. Everything feels so alive, there are so many things going on around you and there are also several things the developers added to the game that youThis is by far one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. There's little in this game that you can't enjoy. I spent the first 20-30 minutes of my time in Columbia just walking, literally walking, around and examinging my surrounding. Everything feels so alive, there are so many things going on around you and there are also several things the developers added to the game that you may never see, that I might have not even seen. It's beautiful to know that it you've played through a game without seeing several things on the side that the developers didn't have to put in the game at all. Elizabeth makes the game far more enjoyable and you'll constantly be thanking your lucky stars she's there on the battlefield with you. By the time the game came to an end my mind had been blown. If you enjoyed the surprise twist to the origninal Bioshock game then you're in for a treat. The game ends in the most beautiful way and is easily one of the best game endings I've ever seen. If you're on the fence on whether or not you should buy this game do youself a huge favour and get it. I can't possibly reccomend this enough. Expand
  62. Apr 5, 2013
    Phenomenal story telling is at work in Bioshock Infinite. Yes, there are times where the twists and turns can be hard to keep up with but that's the point! It's complexity regarding physics and metaphysics is to be expected. Artistically, I can't say I've seen anything quite like it. The set pieces in the game are very, very well done and looks like painstaking detail went into making manyPhenomenal story telling is at work in Bioshock Infinite. Yes, there are times where the twists and turns can be hard to keep up with but that's the point! It's complexity regarding physics and metaphysics is to be expected. Artistically, I can't say I've seen anything quite like it. The set pieces in the game are very, very well done and looks like painstaking detail went into making many of them. Technically, I would not say bioshock is breaking as many boundaries. It is a standard shooter on some levels. However, with the sky-line, the vigors, etc it becomes more. Overall, you would be hard pressed to find a game like this at all. This game will live on in the pantheon of games with the likes of Half Life forever. Expand
  63. Mar 27, 2013
    Never have I thought that a game that has its core built around quantum physics and philosophy would be so perfectly crafted. No cut scenes, 100% immersion, perfect attention to detail, and a story that blew my mind more so than it's predecessor. This... is easily thee best game I've played. Sure, there's the golden oldies that I still love, but Bioshock Infinite has launched a new era ofNever have I thought that a game that has its core built around quantum physics and philosophy would be so perfectly crafted. No cut scenes, 100% immersion, perfect attention to detail, and a story that blew my mind more so than it's predecessor. This... is easily thee best game I've played. Sure, there's the golden oldies that I still love, but Bioshock Infinite has launched a new era of cinematic immersion games. Games that shape the way we ask questions, ponder life, and live in our imaginations. In an ironic twist, it almost makes me wish I never played it, because now I know that every game that's released with money-grabbing intention is just that... pure crap. Expand
  64. Sep 13, 2013
    Sadly not as enjoyable as the first two games, Infinite lacked the subtle story-telling of Bioshock 1+2 and went for a (literal at points) hand-holding approach. Underwhelming and easily forgettable, with forced characters, forced drama, 'threatening' situations are told to you, rather than an actual repercussions possible.

BioShock Infinite misses the magic of the first two games.
  65. Apr 15, 2013
    I have this message to you low-scorers.

I have this message to you low-scorers.

You come to the FPS genre to be entertained in the FPS fashion. Funnily enough there's a certain limit on how many creative ways to kill someone and I think many of them would be way more overrated than this game. If you buy and play and FPS game and get turned off by the fact that you're actually just shooting people with weapons *gasp* I offer this suggestion on rethinking what actual genre and gamestyle you actually enjoy and perhaps refrain from purchasing these.

So you say it's a generic shooter? Well what isn't a generic shooter? Portal can have kudos for being the outlier here, but the overwhelming majority of FPS games have funnily enough been no more than just a play on shooting the guy before he shoots you. I'm not sure where the style title First Person Shooter misleads people here, you must have been going into this expecting guns and a plentiful serving of foes to spray bullets into, if not then again look for another genre. And on the flipside there's no shortage of games that have become memorable for all of us that put more effort into the atmosphere than the shooting gameplay.

Story is also a big thing brought up here. First of all if you actually take the time to explore and listen to the tapes things become far clearer. In these games you cannot just walk down the corridor, shoot this guy and the other and suddenly everything makes sense. You have to investigate and find things out for yourself. You are actively part of the story, you're not taking a backseat here watching someone else as you would reading a book or watching a movie. I might also agree that the story was a little convoluted at times but that doesn't mean the game is a complete fat 0. You were never meant to fully understand the movie Inception on just the first viewing and it doesn't deserve a low score just because of this or even if you hated the story altogether, you won't please everybody.

So please, save those 0 scores for games that truly deserve it, not a game that is innocently using the FPS style as a means of telling a unique story.
  66. Oct 15, 2013
    An immersive shooter, with loads of wonderful art, decent graphics and excellent voice acting, taking you through a neat, kinda cool story. There are some not-so-nice features, like the fact that it is hardly challenging except during horrible, unjustified boss fights. And except where you might forget to walk back all level to replenish your ammo before entering the evil tower of doom,An immersive shooter, with loads of wonderful art, decent graphics and excellent voice acting, taking you through a neat, kinda cool story. There are some not-so-nice features, like the fact that it is hardly challenging except during horrible, unjustified boss fights. And except where you might forget to walk back all level to replenish your ammo before entering the evil tower of doom, because there is suddenly no ammo around there. Odd, given that you would find ammo even in an ice-cream shop. Even so, you should be able to club everything to death.

Anyway, I got this for 20EUR and at this price, it is absolutely worth it. It is imaginative, fun, the pacing is great, and generally it's a thrilling, part funny, part melancholic rollercoaster to the end. My score reflects my enjoyment of this product at that price. Should you pay 40EUR (or, God forbid, even more), make it 6/10, as the whole game is quite short actually. 12 hrs and you would have done like everything possible.
  67. Dec 28, 2013
    There's something magic about this game no doubt about it. I applaud the developers for yet another awesome job for this third game in the series. I can really see the passion and the heart that went into this game. From the voice acting to the character animation to the art style and etc. I don't even know what to say. If you've played the past two games you know there's always some kindThere's something magic about this game no doubt about it. I applaud the developers for yet another awesome job for this third game in the series. I can really see the passion and the heart that went into this game. From the voice acting to the character animation to the art style and etc. I don't even know what to say. If you've played the past two games you know there's always some kind of twist in the story. I was expecting this, and predicting all sorts of things like: "this person will betray me," "I am a test subject in an experiment," but boy was I wrong in all of my speculations. The story still managed to blow me away and take me by surprise. Honestly, if this story were turned into a book I'd bet it would become a best selling novel (not that I read a lot of books but hey I know a great story when I hear one). Most people who dislike this game either didn't understand the story, or are just being hipster and hating on the "mainstream" and "overhyped" things. I did not even know this game was "hyped", and honestly, if you take time to listen to all of the dialogue and follow the progression carefully, and reflect on it at the end, you will understand the story just fine (and I checked an online source for clarification too, because the ending was just so incredible and fantastic). And make sure you watch after the credits, because that's the REAL ending of the story.

Graphics aren't the best in the industry but it more than does the job. If I could describe the environment and the visual aspects of this game in three words: euphoric, breathtaking, and artistic. I notice in these bioshock games, there's something signature about the atmosphere, or mood while you're playing the game. It is unlike any other. Is it the ominous violin music? The 1900s era furnishings? The way people talk? It's all very distinct to me, and it stands out from all the other games.

In this game you get a female companion, and wow, I have never ever seen a companion AI done so well. No matter where you are, she will interact with the environment and talk to you about things. Her body and facial animation is flawless. I never felt like this while playing a video game before, but I felt like I was talking to a living, breathing human being. She was the farthest thing to one of those companions you get in the fallout or oblivion series, where the guy just follows your every step and spits out lines over and over. This character clearly has a personality, and a likable one too, with a mind of her own. It was almost like this character was being played by another human, the way she led the way wherever I was heading, and the way she wandered and said quirky things. She also is very handy in combat, and most of the time she will throw you ammo, or other items just when you think you need it. This was one of the biggest reasons why I became so engaged into the game.

The reason I gave this game a 9 instead of a 10 is because I felt the ending was way too rushed. It was brilliant, but I felt that it needed to be slower paced. when the game was over I felt that my mind was raped with too much happening all at once. I had to sit down and think for a few minutes to process what had happened. But also, regretfully, I felt that the ending missed a great opportunity to give closure with great emotional depth like in the previous games. I'm not gonna spoil it for you, but the end of this game didn't make me tear up like in the last two games, and I love it when games can be that powerful. The ending of this game could have had the same emotional impact on me had it included more "drama," but it ends kind of just too abruptly without much emotion in my opinion. Sorry if that classifies as a spoiler for you but it's just what I thought.

Other than the ending which was a bit emotionally shallow for me, the rest of this game more than makes up for it, and I would definitely recommend it to literally anyone. You do not have to play bioshock 1 and 2 to understand this game.
  68. May 1, 2013
    I have never been interested in Bioshock series before. But Bioshock Infinite completely changed my point of wiev. This game is totally awesome. Firstly, I have never seen such a storyy in computer games. After end, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I had to play this game again. Secondly, Elizabeth replace Alyx V. as the most interesting NPC in games. Her emotions is so natural thatI have never been interested in Bioshock series before. But Bioshock Infinite completely changed my point of wiev. This game is totally awesome. Firstly, I have never seen such a storyy in computer games. After end, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I had to play this game again. Secondly, Elizabeth replace Alyx V. as the most interesting NPC in games. Her emotions is so natural that there is no way to dislike her. And these two things create propably the best game I've ever played! Now I'm getting familiar with previous parts of Bioshock. Expand
  69. Dec 23, 2013
    The best FPS out there at the moment, the story is the best I've ever seen in a shooter, I even think that is better than it's predecesor (Bioshock and the gameplay is great with the addition of the vigors (plasmids for Bioshock and Elizabeth, great character and partner that helps in combat summoning elements like cover, turrets or decoys, also the sky-rails are awesome, the gave theThe best FPS out there at the moment, the story is the best I've ever seen in a shooter, I even think that is better than it's predecesor (Bioshock and the gameplay is great with the addition of the vigors (plasmids for Bioshock and Elizabeth, great character and partner that helps in combat summoning elements like cover, turrets or decoys, also the sky-rails are awesome, the gave the game high speed action moments.
    the only problem I have with this game is that you are retricted to carry only 2 weapons unlike the previous games in wich you could carry all the weapons you found.
  70. Mar 28, 2013
    This is one of if not the most immersive game i have ever played. You will lose yourself in the brilliant gameplay and amazing mind-bending story that you feel like you are actually a part of it. It's an absolute masterpiece.
  71. Apr 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a promised and delivered game that all Bioshock fans have waited the extended dates for. Not only is the gameplay mechanics the best part about this game, the story will drive you to figure out what's going on and what to do. It turns into a simple task of search and rescue into the most mind-blowing chain of events a game has ever created. The soundtrack will make youBioshock Infinite is a promised and delivered game that all Bioshock fans have waited the extended dates for. Not only is the gameplay mechanics the best part about this game, the story will drive you to figure out what's going on and what to do. It turns into a simple task of search and rescue into the most mind-blowing chain of events a game has ever created. The soundtrack will make you feel at ease or tense your spine from the hardcore action. It changes from the walking around under the ocean to mid sky battles on the rails. I rather find it interesting what they have done with the game and was worth the hype and money. Not perfect since of some minor bugs in the game, but definitely better than a 7. Give this game a go, and see what the game has to offer. Its beautiful, brilliant, and a must have. Expand
  72. Sep 19, 2013
    this game is just a amazing masterpiece its such a good looking game without being demanding and just plain awesome this game is very fun and life like characters like Elizabeth just make this game the gameplay has not changed too much from the first Bioshock and that's a good thing the game is just perfect the music choice the graphics the story the gameplay the voice acting this is justthis game is just a amazing masterpiece its such a good looking game without being demanding and just plain awesome this game is very fun and life like characters like Elizabeth just make this game the gameplay has not changed too much from the first Bioshock and that's a good thing the game is just perfect the music choice the graphics the story the gameplay the voice acting this is just a masterpiece you see once or twice in a life time Expand
  73. Dec 12, 2013
    Let me start by saying that Bioshock Infinite would rather be a much better movie than a game. It setting and story are way beyond average, lits sublime actually....But the awfull gameplay makes it a pain to reach till the end, cause battling all those enemies doesnt contribute anything to the story, and you battle a awfull lot of them, becoming very tedious even in the beggining. A goodLet me start by saying that Bioshock Infinite would rather be a much better movie than a game. It setting and story are way beyond average, lits sublime actually....But the awfull gameplay makes it a pain to reach till the end, cause battling all those enemies doesnt contribute anything to the story, and you battle a awfull lot of them, becoming very tedious even in the beggining. A good game in general, with a fascinating story, superb sound and beautiful art style but with terrible gameplay. Expand
  74. Apr 1, 2013
    A game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deepA game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deep emotions inside of you. Thank you Irrational. Unforgettable. Expand
  75. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is awesome. Just finish it. My mind was blown away. I dont know what to say. That was... amazing.
    Damn this guys are good. 10 out of 10. For making an art out of shooter.
  76. Mar 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All right. I don't play many fps games recently as most of them are just military games which I have no interest in whatsoever. The only single player fps games I've played in recent 4 years were: MirrorsEdge which I lost interest to at around 3h in, HardReset which i still need to finish, Rage which glitched out on me in later part of the game and lost all my saves so i never bothered to go trough it again, Bioshock1 which shooting mechanics were very poor and never finished it, Portal& Half-Life Series which I actually finished all 4 games and expansions, and in last year I've played a lot of Blacklight and a bit of QuakeLive. Now you know where I'll be coming from, let's move on to the review. The story is basically another version of wizzard of oz. Unfortunately the mature subject matters that it speaks off feel unbaked, and the religion aspect just feel biased. It would be nice if instead of getting an opinionated answers, the game would create a questions and invite us in to conversation outside of the game. The characters were entertaining, thought somewhat inconsistent in their actions, behaving illogical at points. I guess I could just call those moment plot movers. However I did started to care about them in the second part of the game, and they were few moments that did touch me the whole bit in the future in the asylum where you're meeting up with old Elizabeth Elizabeth herself is animated really well, and I would even go as far as to say it's almost pixar quality. Shame that song bird is almost absent. I would have thought judging by early videos that I would have to fight that creature on few occasions, which would be a blast. Its story is also underwhelming.

The setting is something that is up to personal preferences and taste, but it did resonate with me a lot. I do like that surreal vibe, and to me it feel most visionary part of the game. It's dramatic and full of detail (playing on Ultra). It made me want to continue the game to see what else have the art team prepared. However due to the fact that it was made for consoles, there was no huge outdoors areas like the ones we have seen in the pitch videos, which is a real shame as everything does feel a bit narrow. Only in the final portion of the game you have a little bit of branching paths. The character design is very cool. While the outside areas feel very refreshing, the indoors do look like first game. Thought invisible walls were starting getting irritating after a while. A lot of people say that combat was simple, but I did find it a bit difficult, which maybe due to the controls, which are a bit of a mixed bag. Now, I did tweak them, and got used to them more in the second part of the game, but they did feel somewhat off. The KB layout was pretty weird. And the movement itself has got some issue, like I don't understand why I can reload while running, but why I can't start running while reloading. Also choice of press shift to run instead hold shift to run is beyond me. But the worst offender is the UI. So much for Ken Levin's talk in the interviews that they work hard to make pc version control good. To his credit thought the gun play was much tighter then original BS(but that's not pc specific feature). Guns themselves are not very distinguishable, giving me hard time to differentiate them, but they feel pretty good. I ended up just using arm cannon(or whatever it was called) and rpg, sometimes carabin. Didn't really seam like it matters much which gun i use anyway as long as i stick to short range/long range rule. The battles are pretty good but they really get better in the second portion of the game, in which the game start throwing at you a lot of different types of enemies at once. It did made my heart pumping faster. Also the rails are really cool addition to quickly navigate the environments and I found myself using them more and more with enjoyment. Also, as I mentioned in the beginning of this review, I didn't play much BS1 so for me upgrading was all right in this game. Also loot is everywhere and I know it is made to ocd your exploration, but not sure if it does favor to create better mood. Technically i had not much issues with the game, aside from one game breaking bug in the beginning ot the game at the festival. I love the soundtrack. Imagine industrial music played by string quartet and interpreted as it would be a movie soundtrack. Overall I had a blast with the game, but looking at it from the distance of several days, I can see that the game is slightly unfinished and It is a shame that I feel like console limitation hold it back from achieving the grander scale presented in the pitch videos that it could have had. Game would certainly benefit from more exploration, better variety of weapons, better structured story and character, more objective critique. and better pc controls. Game is really good but It could have been "smarter".
  77. Sep 20, 2014
    Seeing as this is my first every Bioshock title I've played, I was pleasantly surprised to see how enjoyable the experience was despite being a newcomer to the series. The game is a competent FPS action-adventure with an intriguing storyline that entices you to keep playing more in order to solve the mystery about Elizabeth Comstock and the strange floating city of Columbia. Along withSeeing as this is my first every Bioshock title I've played, I was pleasantly surprised to see how enjoyable the experience was despite being a newcomer to the series. The game is a competent FPS action-adventure with an intriguing storyline that entices you to keep playing more in order to solve the mystery about Elizabeth Comstock and the strange floating city of Columbia. Along with high production values that you'd expect from a AAA title, it's no surprise that this title rated so well when released over a year ago. Expand
  78. Oct 1, 2013
    The graphics are absolutely stunning, controls are just fine, and I did not run into any major bugs. The storyline is also very good, and it is obvious the creators took the time and effort to create a premium game for the premium price it demanded. Problem is, that's where the game falls short it is not worth the premium price because there is no replay value. Extremely linear game play,The graphics are absolutely stunning, controls are just fine, and I did not run into any major bugs. The storyline is also very good, and it is obvious the creators took the time and effort to create a premium game for the premium price it demanded. Problem is, that's where the game falls short it is not worth the premium price because there is no replay value. Extremely linear game play, weak enemies and a short campaign made me want more. This game has been around long enough that the hype has died down considerably, and people have moved on so it is on sale quite often. Buy it then. Expand
  79. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is very charming, and once you get to the end you feel a sense of aw and accomplishment. The story drags you around a lot and you have to think for yourself about what everything means, which is a good thing. This game does not have the charm the original Bioshock has, nor is it as fun, however it is still a rewarding experience. My experience with the game is that the combat isThis game is very charming, and once you get to the end you feel a sense of aw and accomplishment. The story drags you around a lot and you have to think for yourself about what everything means, which is a good thing. This game does not have the charm the original Bioshock has, nor is it as fun, however it is still a rewarding experience. My experience with the game is that the combat is a bit boring in some, not all, situations and that the combat is just filler between plot points. Playstation move was a lot of fun to play with and made combat a bit more interesting. Definitely a game worth playing, however it's fun factor is just a bit lacking. Expand
  80. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a gem. Very few games this generation succeeded in delivering the kind of atmosphere this game provides. Everything is so detailed and the surroundings are spectacular. Booker and Elizabeth have a great chemistry and there relationship grows as the game progresses. The game is about 10-12 hours on the first run but 1999 mode adds replay value. The skyhook gameplay isBioshock Infinite is a gem. Very few games this generation succeeded in delivering the kind of atmosphere this game provides. Everything is so detailed and the surroundings are spectacular. Booker and Elizabeth have a great chemistry and there relationship grows as the game progresses. The game is about 10-12 hours on the first run but 1999 mode adds replay value. The skyhook gameplay is enthralling and never gets old. It has a story and ending that people will not forget, some might not like it but unlike the Mass Effect 3 ending, this ending makes sense in the Bioshock universe and will explain important questions in the end. Do not let this game get past by you, this is an experience every gamer should try. If this is the direction games are going in terms of story and great atmosphere, thenI cannot wait for what Irrational Games has in store for us. Expand
  81. Jan 8, 2014
    There are so many things I can say about BioShock Infinite. It was the first game I ever beat. This game is also one of the greatest games I have ever played. The entire story is amazing with a great plot and one of the most shocking endings ever. Also the graphics are amazing. At some parts I thought I was watching a movie. But most of all the combat is amazing. Whether its versing killerThere are so many things I can say about BioShock Infinite. It was the first game I ever beat. This game is also one of the greatest games I have ever played. The entire story is amazing with a great plot and one of the most shocking endings ever. Also the graphics are amazing. At some parts I thought I was watching a movie. But most of all the combat is amazing. Whether its versing killer birds or robots the combats just great. Also the setting of Columbia is very cool. Maybe not as eerie as Rapture but still very cool and actually somewhat eerie. All in all this game is nearly perfect and I say if you're going to buy it go for it. Expand
  82. May 4, 2013
    One of gaming's biggest achievements.Bioshock Infinite is not only one of the best games of this generation but also has one of the best stories told in a gaming history.

Pros:
    One of the best stories of this generation.
    Great characters,The Elizabeth AI is a perfect.
    Perfect shooting mechanics.
    Great boss fights.
    Superb ending.

This game no cons,it is totally perfect.
  83. Apr 24, 2013
    BioShock Infinite story is just awsome and it's first for long time that have awsome story but there was something that in the game that was not that good thing at all and that was the immortality.

Graphics are really good but there was some small areas are bit poorly optimized that made FPS drop a lot even on really small areas that had water somewhere but other then that game runs really well on max settings.

but most best part of game is own AI partner that you don't have keep her alive and you just can forget her and focus killing enemys also AI partner gives HP when your HP is low, she can give you ammo when ammo is low and salt when your salt is low.
    Also she give you money that you can use upgrade weapons, skills and buy ammo.

The enemy AI is not the best but they give some challenge by haveing high accuracy that keeps you move alot and take cover too and some times enemy AI is just stupid and makeing then bit you easy to kill.

Now the immortality thing it's a most worst thing in the game tha made it bit too easy because every time you die you spawn in small room but all enemys you killed are dead and when you have own AI partner without she revive you on area where mostly are no enemy near the area where you died.

Bioshock Infinite is a good game but not perfect but the story is that make this a good game.
  84. Vex
    Nov 22, 2013
    I'm feeling somewhat disappointed with this game. It's been hyped up so much that I was expecting something more captivating and unforgettable, and yet I was left with a somewhat mediocre shooter. Don't get me wrong, the story is good (though it starts falling apart a bit in the second half of the game) but the gameplay is extremely linear and there is very little freedom as to what youI'm feeling somewhat disappointed with this game. It's been hyped up so much that I was expecting something more captivating and unforgettable, and yet I was left with a somewhat mediocre shooter. Don't get me wrong, the story is good (though it starts falling apart a bit in the second half of the game) but the gameplay is extremely linear and there is very little freedom as to what you can do off the beaten path. Also, the first few levels when you initially arrive to Columbia are absolutely amazing, stunningly beautiful and crafted with great skill and precision. Unfortunately this aspect also takes a turn for the worse in the second half and the world starts looking and feeling somewhat mediocre and cheap.

This is an alright game but definitely not worth $60. Pick it up on a sale instead.
  85. Jul 26, 2014
    The games looks okay, until people move and talk. In this day and age I expect models that are a bit less 'wooden'.

Sound is excellent as is the story. Though I am still not a major fan of Bioshock in general (BS1 was good but not a classic) this was better. Despite some available DLC, I did not feel any replay value. But then, I haven't seen Sixth Sense more than once. Games and

Despite some available DLC, I did not feel any replay value. But then, I haven't seen Sixth Sense more than once. Games and movies with major twists often have this problem though.
  86. Apr 17, 2013
    I decided to write a review even though I didn't have to in the first place. Its just that some idiot by the username AdamC wrote a review so reviling I almost vomited. I don't know whether you're a troll or not but seriously YOU!!! How dare you compare a game like Infinite to a series as cliched and boring like Call of Duty (yep, he's a troll). Anyway, my review goes like this. TheI decided to write a review even though I didn't have to in the first place. Its just that some idiot by the username AdamC wrote a review so reviling I almost vomited. I don't know whether you're a troll or not but seriously YOU!!! How dare you compare a game like Infinite to a series as cliched and boring like Call of Duty (yep, he's a troll). Anyway, my review goes like this. The gameplay has its good and bad moments. My PC is able to handle the game at high resolution and effects but I still find a slight lag with my mouse. Also, you don't seem to be able to catch a break. It's really plenty of shooting and explosions and your shields going down and round it goes again. The enemies have every poor A.I, they keep rushing at you even though you are armed with a rocket launcher. The replacement for the plasmids in the first two games called Vigors in Infinite are awesome, my fav is the Murder of Crows. However, they can feel underwhelming in certain situations and you really need to figure out when is the best time to use which Vigor. I have seen people on Youtube playthroughs using the wrong Vigors at the wrong times, making the game difficult for them. Plotwise, it IS the best for a game in the past few years (since when games have A-grade plots anyway?). Booker DeWitt is a really cool character and Elizabeth is a godsend (throwing items your way) although she can get annoying at times. Simply, the story is the main reason you should play this game. A lot of people complained about certain parts of the game like the ending being unlikable or difficult to understand and yes, it is true. Took me two playthroughs to figure it out. But, it is a pleaser and the Sky-Lines in the game make the gunfights interesting although very frantic (damn Handymans). The game is also very violent, it IS a shooter after all but I didn't find it distracting. The racism and religion angle wasn't a problem either, I guess its just the moral and religious guardians overreacting again as usual. The game isn't perfect, no game is, but I give it a 10 based on the fact that it is probably the most unique game this year. Bioshock Infinite DOES fall flat in many areas and many of the elements the were promised in the early development of the game did not appear (I won't spoil it). Call yourself a real gamer then play it. Although I would advise you to wait for the price to drop a bit if you're unsure. Still, Bioshock Infinite is something different from the usual crap. Play it unless you want to be a delusional CoD fan like our friend at the beginning. Expand
  87. Mar 28, 2013
    A masterpiece of artistic accomplishment. Bioshock Infinite is the synergy of the greater aspects of video game story telling and exhilarating gameplay, and will be held up as the industry standard for years to come. Columbia is an enthralling and jaw droopingly beautiful city. The game is no technical marvel, but the world's masterful artistic flair demonstrates why art direction wins outA masterpiece of artistic accomplishment. Bioshock Infinite is the synergy of the greater aspects of video game story telling and exhilarating gameplay, and will be held up as the industry standard for years to come. Columbia is an enthralling and jaw droopingly beautiful city. The game is no technical marvel, but the world's masterful artistic flair demonstrates why art direction wins out over photorealism any day. The plot's twist isn't as immediately shocking as the first game's for reasons I will not disclose, but it is an absolutely fantastic ending that perfectly ties the world's numerous mysteries into a big bow. Be warned, it is incredibly confusing, and even many professional reviewers have resorted to saying that it "makes no sense", but that is simply not true. The game will stay with you far longer than any other game you will play this decade. You will grow to love and care about Elizabeth and this fantastical world she exists in. Bioshock Infinite is a game that should be played by anybody who considers themself a fan of video games. When the medium has matured to the level of literature and film, this game will be pointed to as the beginning of the art form's rise to greatness. Expand
  88. Vel
    Mar 22, 2014
    First, let me say I was a big fan of the first bioshock, and somewhat a fan of the 2nd. This one fell short of what it could be. I'll just list it as a set of pro's and con's, but please, PLEASE don't believe all the hype about this game.
    Pro's:
    -Graphics are pretty good, nothing ground breaking, but up to competing with what's out there. -The story was somewhat clever, kind of reminded
    Pro's:
    -The story was somewhat clever, kind of reminded me of dishonored.
    -The gameplay mechanics were very similar to bioshock 1 and 2, which made it easy to get in to

Cons:
    -The game was relatively short, with almost 0 replayability. While the game gives you some decisions, none of them feel like they mean anything at all.
    -The gameplay becomes VERY repetitive as the game continues. Move to the next area, shoot all the bad guys. Move to the next area, shoot all the bad guys. By the last half of the game, it was more a desire to finish than a desire to play that got me through it.
    -The story did not really flow. While the main plot was interesting, the sideplots and people you meet just felt like filler to point you to the next area full of bad guys.

Overall, if you can get it for under $10, it's a pretty good game, but trust me, once you beat it, you will never pick it up again.
  89. Mar 27, 2013
    I loved the first Bioshock. The second was somewhat meh, and so I was very sceptical, yet very excited about this one.
    And boy was I in for a treat. If you loved the story of the first one, and the setting of the previous games, you will be too!
    The combat is fun and challenging, even at lower difficulties. Sometimes it can be a bit chaotic and killbox-y, but it gets the adrenaline running, which I truly enjoyed.

The story is an absolute masterpiece. The characters are believable, and it's hard not to feel sympathetic with both the protagonist and Elizabeth.
    I loved how the story just slowly ramps up in the beginning, time ticking along, and then as you get further into the game, and deeper into the story, it just picks up pace, until in the end it all just comes together and crashes down on you.

The ending left me shedding a tear, and I would be surprised if I were the only one!
    I can't help but wonder if choices during the game might have made for a different outcome...?
    I suppose only another play-through will tell!
  90. Mar 29, 2014
    Despite the fact that the 2 first Bioshock games were pretty good, they both pale in comparison to this one. The story is much deeper and one of the best ones I've seen in a while and the gameplay is also more interesting and fun with the new ability to open tears and some new powers that are even more awesome than the ones in previous games.

If anyone out there has played the first to

If anyone out there has played the first to games, but still played this one yet, then they definitely should.
  91. Mar 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a triumph for PC gaming. It has great graphics, a highly immersive storyline, an intricate and beautifully designed world, and smooth flowing gameplay. The combat system works really well and leaves me with a smile on my face. I am so pleased with this game, it's a joy to play!

Your main companion (Elizabeth) has been designed extremely well. She's helpful and intelligent and I never once got that feeling of "get out the way, NPC!". She works with you, movement is well programmed and it makes me feel she's really helping rather than hindering.

The PC implementation is to a high standard. Unreal Engine is looking better than I've seen it before. This is helped by high resolution textures which look absolutely gorgeous. I give out-the-box multi-monitor widescreen support an A+ rating.

Congratulations to Irrational Games for this masterpiece. Highly Recommended!
  92. Jun 8, 2013
    Good but extremly overrated game! Story is good, graphics nice too, but other things not so great. Shooting is very poor. Game is too easy so all efforts about weapon and other upgrades is pointless because you can pass easy everything without upgrading anything! Good game, but most overrated this year!
  93. May 24, 2014
    This game is awesome.
    Columbia is so colorful,charming.(I loved the railsliding part the most.)
    The story is great,and i enjoyed the combat as I rarely play FPS games.
    I think the graphics were good,even on very low setting it gave me a feeling.(not counting the cut animations)
  94. Jun 17, 2013
    A visually beautiful game. Not really in terms of cutting edge graphics or zillion polygon character models, but in the conception and execution of a floating city. If I were just rating this game on the ambiance would easily earn an 11 out of 10. The gameplay is solid, but brings nothing new to the genre. Perhaps FPS has reached maturity. The replacement of save slots and quicksaves withA visually beautiful game. Not really in terms of cutting edge graphics or zillion polygon character models, but in the conception and execution of a floating city. If I were just rating this game on the ambiance would easily earn an 11 out of 10. The gameplay is solid, but brings nothing new to the genre. Perhaps FPS has reached maturity. The replacement of save slots and quicksaves with autosaves is a bit irritating, but not so much it'd turn you off of the game. My major issue with the game is that it's a bit long-winded, and this was only an issue for me because the plot was unsatisfying. I'm not just trying to say I didn't like the ending, I'm saying it doesn't make sense and because of that left me unfulfilled. Early on some plot devices are revealed that throw up red flags. The same brand of flags JJ Abrams uses so liberally in his narratives. If you can enjoy Lost or Alias, you'll probably be blown away by this game. Expand
  95. Jul 31, 2013
    Fantastic, beautiful game that is worthy of being analyzed like a good novel with its criticism of treating capitalism like a religion. Crazy awesome ending too. Elizabeth is one of the greatest companions I have ever had in a video game, and your connection with her gets to be very strong as the game progresses (if you're into it). I just absolutely loved it.

Comments on critiques of

Comments on critiques of the game as being racist: This game is just as racist as Huck Finn, in that, A) racism in 1912 wasn't as big of an issue and B) the setting takes place in a corrupted society, which means their hatred of non-whites is only as valid as Pa's in Mark Twain's novel. The game is only racist if you look at the surface of what the developers are saying. Wonderful game. Game of the year in my opinion.
  96. Nov 12, 2013
    A very polished game with graphically brilliant ideas, and all the stylized old-fashionedness og the prior Bioshock games. However for a person (like me) who can't have their life revolve around computer game, it has a game-breaking flaw: YOU CAN'T SAVE THE GAME. So if you played for 30 minutes since your last auto-save, and you have to leave, then you will have to re-do those 30 minutesA very polished game with graphically brilliant ideas, and all the stylized old-fashionedness og the prior Bioshock games. However for a person (like me) who can't have their life revolve around computer game, it has a game-breaking flaw: YOU CAN'T SAVE THE GAME. So if you played for 30 minutes since your last auto-save, and you have to leave, then you will have to re-do those 30 minutes next time you start the game. Why this was done, I have no idea if they wanted the game to be "intense because you can't save/reload at will" they could at LEAST add a save-on-exit. For a game at this price level, there is no excuse for this glaring neglection. Expand
  97. JEK
    May 22, 2013
    I like this game. But I've finished the game in just 2 days. It was a good game but it seems like I'm playing dishonored. But IF you compare them, BI has great graphics and lots of useful power to choose from. In Dishonored I love the sneaking and assassin kind of killing. The story of BI is really good unlike of the previous one that's boring. I love the ending...
  98. Apr 3, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played.. Amazing Story great graphics and beautiful characters... The intro of the game is one of the best intros I have ever seen and the moment you see Columbia for the first time you just can't resist staring at it... The characters are all amazing espesially Booker DeWitt with his dark past revealing itself throughout the game.. The graphics areOne of the best games I've ever played.. Amazing Story great graphics and beautiful characters... The intro of the game is one of the best intros I have ever seen and the moment you see Columbia for the first time you just can't resist staring at it... The characters are all amazing espesially Booker DeWitt with his dark past revealing itself throughout the game.. The graphics are absolutely beautiful with bright colours and amazing facial expressions... Finally something new to the FPS gender.. Expand
  99. May 11, 2014
    This is the first game of the series I have played, and afterwards I feel ashamed I have not played any of them before.
    The game is purely beautiful; the amount of little snippets put into each scene and every little detail is absolutely superb, being supported by its incredible graphics that really show off the creativity of the developers. Not one location seemed insignificant – each had its own unique atmosphere – which could not have been improved upon.
    The story is one of the most complex stories I have ever experienced in a game – probably not helping that I had not played either of the previous games – but the sheer scale of the story is its strongest point. There are so many twists and turns throughout the game, all of which still link together and make sense, which often makes you become awe-dropped. A story so complex as this certainly lets me know that the developers truly loved creating it, as its depth and delivery holds up persistently in the game. However, it is a difficult story to figure out – I had to do some external research after completing the game in order to understand it fully – but it is a puzzle I enjoyed learning about.
    Its gameplay becomes marginally repetitive, but with the customization through gear, infusions, vigors and the broad range of weaponry, it holds up very well to ensure players use different tactics for each encounter. Additionally, the animations occasionally clash with the surroundings, but thankfully that is only a rare fault.
    Concluding, ‘Bioshock Infinite’ is a masterpiece of fantasy, a game that truly delivers in story and graphics, making the game an infinite classic.
  100. May 30, 2014
    As someone who was a big fan of the first two Bioshock games, this game did not let me down. The environment, which in a Bioshock game is also pretty much a character, was stunningly portrayed: the graphics, the ambient sound, the random conversations and music... I did generally find the supporting characters to be less interesting than in previous games, but this was more than made upAs someone who was a big fan of the first two Bioshock games, this game did not let me down. The environment, which in a Bioshock game is also pretty much a character, was stunningly portrayed: the graphics, the ambient sound, the random conversations and music... I did generally find the supporting characters to be less interesting than in previous games, but this was more than made up for by the splendid duo of main characters. The story in which you find yourself is worthy of the Bioshock mantle, though far more bizarre and cryptic than previous titles. Gameplay-wise, it feels familiar enough while still introducing some awesome new features: you still fight your enemies with a combination of powers and weapons, but there are new options for utilizing the environment to your advantage (not to give any spoilers). Definitely a good choice for anyone who likes FPS games, but especially for gamers who love compelling stories. Expand

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]