8.5

1. Aug 28, 2014
    This game blew me away. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. The gameplay is great the story is excellent, pretty much everything about this game is excellent. I highly recommend getting this at full price and its a must own when a sale comes.
  2. Aug 23, 2014
    Bottom line, this game was fun to play. I like games with a good story and this one was exceptional, almost like reading a mystery novel. You had to pay attention. Like all Bioshock games the graphics were beautiful and the setting is unique. The soundtrack is clever. The combat was challenging and fun. The vigors seemed a bit repetitive at times, but not enough of a big deal to take away from the experience. I'm usually not a big fan of followers in games, but Elizabeth was great. You enjoyed her being around and cared about what happened to her. If you are on the bubble of buying or playing the game, do it. You will be glad you did. Expand
  3. Aug 23, 2014
    This game starts and take us to a great journey in a spectacular way and the way it does no movie could do so perfectly as Bioshock Infinite does. It worth every penny you spend and if you have a good taste for amazing stories then this is your game. Prepare to a mind blowing experience.
  4. Aug 20, 2014
    Though not as gritty as the previous two installments, Bioshock Infinate still boasts a brilliant cohesive storyline with well drawn-out characters and a setting that is visually impressive. The graphics are great, the voice acting is great, the ending is convoluted and confusing but its the score that helped me get through the game. The score is none-short of amazing.

Overall the game
    isn't as good as the previous two but it's still a fantastic game with vast improvements and a great AI system where the AI actually help you out and not get in the way of thing. Expand
  5. Aug 11, 2014
    For me this game was good, only good. But in compare to other games i ever played only Bad Company 2 haves better game play in single player story FPS games.
  6. Aug 8, 2014
    This game is amazing. The the graphic is very good. The storyline is good. The gameplay is very good with fps, vigor, and unique gun. You must try this game.
  7. Aug 6, 2014
    Just a very good game. Nice story, interesting enviroment, graphic on good level. Buy and play, no regret. Just a bit too many brainless shooting scenes, sometimes, which kill climate of this series. Above all - there's no way to be bored with game.
  8. Jul 29, 2014
    Great game, probably the best in the series. Combat controls are excellent, bugs are nonexistent. The plot, characters, and environment are amazingly well done. A masterpiece of a game.
  9. Jul 28, 2014
    This is by far the best fps I have ever played. The plot is outstanding and the action is great, it was hard to pull myself away from it. The game isn't just horror based like bioshock 1 and 2, it revolves around a breathtaking plot which some points are designed to be scary. There was never a single moment when i felt finished or even frustrated with the game, if you haven't played it yet, get it now. Expand
  10. Jul 22, 2014
    I really love Bioshock series,Infinite was one of the best game I played.I enjoy everything in the game and always ready to start this fantasy journey again.
  11. Jul 17, 2014
    BioShock Infinite was a beautiful game with great story telling and the end blew me away I had sit there thinking about it for about an hour until I finally gave up and googled it.this is a must buy it is probably my 3rd favourite game of all time.the gameplay was fun and fluid,this has really brought back what fps have become with things like cod and medal of honour ruining my love of them anyway haters gonna hate but don't listen to them go and buy this game right now I mean it! Expand
  12. Jul 12, 2014
    This game is better than i thought. Although i thought it was way over rated at first i was wrong. Very very wrong in so many ways. Although i will still say that the gameplay isnt the greatest.
  13. Jul 8, 2014
    This is one of the most truly brilliant games I have ever played its one of those games that cements video gaming's status as an art form and the backgrounds are so insanely complex and detailed.Oh and 1 more thing:Would you kindly go out and buy this game.
  14. Jul 7, 2014
    Had to make an account just to write a review for this game. This is easily one of the best games I have played in the past 10 years. The world, art style, gameplay, voice acting, graphics, and mechanics are incredible and absolutely keep you hooked. The crown jewel of the game is really the story though. Its as good if not better than some of the top HBO shows, movies, etc.. Everything about it is perfection and I would not change a single thing. If you have not played this game it is a MUST. Expand
  15. Jul 4, 2014
    You find yourself in a tea partier's wet dream: a future that looks like the past. It's a whitewashed world with sinister undertones that you can't quite pin down until...Even the games menu pulls you into this world, to which you'll want to repeatedly return.

Just enough opportunity for exploration without making the levels too open. Great weapons and you'll enjoy the vigor.

The
    only complaint I can muster is a too convoluted story for the last third that feels mostly like the developers just wanted to extend the game.

But it's that atmosphere that wins it.
  16. Jul 3, 2014
    just fantastic, the best game i have played in a long time.
    some people's graphics have a couple of issues on the PC that can be fixed but once they are done its just great. the gameplay is easy to get lost in, the story has some truly remarkable moments that will have your mind doing somersaults. its totally different to the first two bioshock games, but also so close that you feel right
    at home. play through and you will see just how close it gets. many little nuances that keep you interested in the background and scenery.
    it manages to be both familiar and completely new, i have honestly never played anything quite so good. there are great games and then there are exceptional games, this definitely falls into the latter. if you are a fan of the first bioshock games then this is a game that you will love intensely.
    if you are new to the series i could see how it could seem a bit bewildering. there is so much intensity to the story, styling and background it could be overwhelming. all i could suggest is to play the others too and you will fall in love with the series.
    10 is not high enough praise from me.
  17. Jun 30, 2014
    Best game i ever played! totally recommended. The story is great, specially the ending (really unexpected, and makes you want to play it again), the characters are great, many powers you can use, good graphics, fun to play, many weapons and Upgrades.
    You should also buy the DLC season pass, which contains two "story modes" about previous bioshock stories, and Clash in the clouds, a mode
    of pure combat which also allows you to unlock more things about the story and the world.
    Highly recommended
  18. Jun 28, 2014
    The best game i've ever played. 100% sure. The best about Bioshock series is the fact that the games have no cutscenes and that makes the experience totally real. The scenary and the graphics are so beautiful you will feel the need to enjoy every second, notice every detail, explore every place. The story is beautiful, the characters captivating and the ending couldn't be more perfect. The gameplay is awesome, allows you to create strategies on your battles and fight in a lot of ways possible. Bioshock Infinite is not to be played, is to be lived. This game is an art piece, it's perfect. Expand
  19. Jun 27, 2014
    One of the greatest games I have played in a long while. I am not traditionally a FPS gamer but was sucked in by the very excellent storyline. I've played it through too many times now and always find something new. The graphics are stunning and is well thought out in terms of game play. Really, who can pass up the chance to play a game set in a steampunk city in the sky (Laputa anyone?). So much fun. So many hotdogs in drawers. I have recommended this game to all my game loving friends. Even if you don't like shooter games you'll like this as the story and visuals are the most compelling element. Just play this game already. Expand
  20. Jun 23, 2014
    I don't have words to explain this game, It's amazing.
    Any game will be better than the first Bioshock, but this, this game, this epic game is at the same level!
  21. Jun 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock infinite is a new concept, a new theme, a new story, a new city. Not only that, the city of Colombia is rich, meaning that it is alive with it's NPCs. Colombia was an amazing place to explore, and know the story and background of it. You play as Booker Dewitt, a gambler who is in debt, on getting the mysterious girl from the flying city. That girl is Elizabeth, and she is a unique character in videogame history. She has a personality, more than "I HAVE BOOBS AND I AM A GIRL" She interacts with the player; by throwing helpful things to you; ammo, weapons and first aid kits. And also the story is amazing and clever. also *spoilers* it has a shocking turn of events, and explains the hole concept of the game.

So far this game is Game of the Year 2013, such an amazing product from Ken Levine (he never disappoints)
    9.5/10
  22. Jun 13, 2014
    To put it simply Bioshock Infinite is the best game I have ever played. Stunning visuals, a phenomenal setting, enjoyable gunplay and the best story I've ever had the pleasure to play through.
  23. Jun 13, 2014
    Everything in this game have so much thought behind it. Its like a big web of intertwining relationships where nothing is left out to coincidence. The setting and atmosphere of Columbia is phenomenal, the story is soul shattering and the small parts of the game is of more much signifigance than first anticipated. The art and aestethics of the game are beautiful. Its an FPS combat game with a small tweak. And a very well one that is! The feedback makes a very lovely shooting experience. It seems that most people are dissatisfied with the over all combat gameplay and argue that the mechanics are weak. I strongly dissagree and think they consider what they believe is a good FPS combat game and why. Expand
  24. Jun 11, 2014
    I can't find anything to complain about in this game besides the moneyhatting DLCs. The game is one of the best looking I've ever seen, it lasts about 10 hours in the main campaign. It is a riveting story which makes you feel like the characters are real people. Definitely worth the cost.
  25. Jun 8, 2014
    I can honestly say that this is my favorite game of all time. I can't even explain how good everything is about this, just play it. Worth the time and money, I swear.
    I will say that it does help to have played the original Bioshock first, it just makes the little things better, but it isn't necessary (although I would strongly suggest it!)
  26. Jun 7, 2014
    This game is so awesome. The graphics are amazing, but one thing makes this game so good, that is the story. The story is kinda complicated and you'll have some hours just thinking on that. Although the gameplay is not that much, It's an FPS, with some basic weapons and upgrades, you have some special abilities, magic kind of stuff, which adds much to the game. And the graphics excellent, which I mentioned before. Sometimes I just looked around how cool is this. It's a good game, it needs a try. But don't be disappointed, if you wanted some new things in the gameplay. It's a really good story-oriented game, that's it. Expand
  27. Jun 6, 2014
    with Elizabeth, you can travel fantastic world!
    the fight system was little bit not good, (you can only use few gun)
    but beautiful story and character are make you feel nice
  28. Jun 6, 2014
    Unforgettable game with awesome gameplay and breathtaking story. Its atmosphere, story and gameplay mixed together simply make an perfect game.

+ The greatest game story i have ever knew
    + Incredible atmosphere
    + Good gameplay and combat
    + Good voice acting and sound effects
    + Beautiful graphics

The most unforgettable game experience EVER!
  29. Jun 5, 2014
    gameplay storyline characters graphics bit to bit adrenaline pumping and exciting a great relief from the fps games. gotta be the game of year 2014. awaiting eagerly for the next edition
  30. May 28, 2014
    This game in my opinion is the best game of the best franchise of the generation. So just go buy it now it is well worth it. The story is amazing and complex but in a good way I don't know of any other games that touch on such deep and interesting theory and morals and then there is the ending which I won't go into because it is the best twist of any game story I know of it was worth playing it just for the ending but there is also so much more. Next up are the characters and the world. All of the main characters are amazingly deep and the best of these being Booker and Elizabeth both of which are amazingly voiced. Elizabeth in particular is astounding just the sheer effort and time put it her is amazing and all of this makes her one of the best and most likable characters in gaming. Last but by no means least is the environments and world as a whole it is simply stunning, the concepts and the way it is presented in its unique graphical style just blend together to create one of the most beautiful alive world's of any video game. All of this is backed up by solid game play that is fun fast and unique thanks to the addition of vigors, sky lines and tears. I can't recommend this game enough as it is one of my favourite games I have ever played just go out and play it you won't regret it and it will change the way you look at video games forever. Expand
  31. May 27, 2014
    One of the best games I've played in my life. Bioshock Infinite may be confusing (not for me) sometimes, but it story is perfect. Graphics? Nearly perfects. Gameplay? That's what I call FPS. The details, every character is unique, especially Elizabeth. Super interactive and a beautiful character, she's what gave life to the game.
    I love Bioshock Infinite, the symbol of the generation.
  32. May 24, 2014
    This game is awesome.
    Columbia is so colorful,charming.(I loved the railsliding part the most.)
    The story is great,and i enjoyed the combat as I rarely play FPS games.
    I think the graphics were good,even on very low setting it gave me a feeling.(not counting the cut animations)
  33. May 11, 2014
    This is the first game of the series I have played, and afterwards I feel ashamed I have not played any of them before.
    The game is purely beautiful; the amount of little snippets put into each scene and every little detail is absolutely superb, being supported by its incredible graphics that really show off the creativity of the developers. Not one location seemed insignificant – each
    had its own unique atmosphere – which could not have been improved upon.
    The story is one of the most complex stories I have ever experienced in a game – probably not helping that I had not played either of the previous games – but the sheer scale of the story is its strongest point. There are so many twists and turns throughout the game, all of which still link together and make sense, which often makes you become awe-dropped. A story so complex as this certainly lets me know that the developers truly loved creating it, as its depth and delivery holds up persistently in the game. However, it is a difficult story to figure out – I had to do some external research after completing the game in order to understand it fully – but it is a puzzle I enjoyed learning about.
    Its gameplay becomes marginally repetitive, but with the customization through gear, infusions, vigors and the broad range of weaponry, it holds up very well to ensure players use different tactics for each encounter. Additionally, the animations occasionally clash with the surroundings, but thankfully that is only a rare fault.
    Concluding, ‘Bioshock Infinite’ is a masterpiece of fantasy, a game that truly delivers in story and graphics, making the game an infinite classic.
  34. May 11, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite totally met my expectations. You start a game as a not so well prospering detective Booker Dewitt with a simple task to bring kidnapped girl back to home from flying(?) city. The more you play the less you really know what the hell is really happening in this idyll in the sky. Irrational Games did extreme job so you can fall in love with two main characters. And everything ends with the jaw-dropping and mind-blowing ending. The only negative I can find is kind of simple enemy AI with for ex. limited area they can chase you, but this game is not much about fighting. Story, beautifully crafted graphics and an enormous focus on details around the Bioshock Infinite mystery will give you a solid campaign experience you will not forget for a long time. Expand
  35. May 2, 2014
    +Stunning graphics +Damn fine story +A.I Companion is not a burden to you +GEARS! WOOOOO! +1999 mode - Loved it! +Huge amount of Easter Eggs and Secrets -Generic shooting mechanics -Vigors isn't useful than the plasmids from the original bioshock -R.I.P Irrational Games *Ken Levine got fired* -Less Exploring than the original. -Scavenging isn't a priority since you can just but ammo on vendos Expand
  36. Apr 27, 2014
    Thought this game was amazing. Beat it from dusk to dawn. Gameplay was a bit repetitive but going through plots of the story was a blast. There were memorable moments and the voice acting and characters were spot-on.
  37. Apr 27, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a visual masterpiece with solid and fun game play. The story and outcome is similar to past Bioshock games, sadly Ken Levine is somewhat of a one-trick pony in that regard. That being said, the game on its own is an experience and can be enjoyed thoroughly without the older games.
  38. Apr 27, 2014
    BioShock Infinite is hands-down the best story-driven singleplayer game ever developed in the video game industry. It is also the only game i've seen so far that really pushes all the way out to display the beauty of the ageing Unreal Engine 3. Perfect combination of an ambient and atmospheric environment. Something that i'd also like to point out is the voice acting! Superb, superb voice acting.

The storyline really very intriguing and tastes really good (slurp..), definitely one that i would remember forever.

A negative point of the game is it's highly controversial approach to the storyline, with much racism and skepticism that is somewhat off-the-charts ( at least to me personally). Plus the confusing & abrupt ending.

Overall, i did enjoyed the game a lot, 9/10. A real must-get.
  39. Apr 21, 2014
    This is one of the most stunningly beautiful games I have ever played. The entire game is phenomenal in it's own regard. The story is in my opinion, one of the most amazing plots I've ever played in a game, or anything for that matter. The characters become real as you progress further into the game, and you really develop a connection to Booker and Elizabeth. The game play is fun, fast, and difficult. This adventure is tough, and makes it challenging for the average game player. I highly recommend this game, especially when you have a PC that can really stretch it's legs and run this game on Ultra. Even if you can't play with it on Ultra, it's still a beautiful game on low. Thanks for reading my review! Expand
  40. Apr 1, 2014
    German ;) : Seit langem mal wieder ein Shooter, der Storymäßig und Atmospherisch unter die aut geht. Vor allem die Liebe zum Detail, die Lebendigkeit der Welt, welche vom Setting her so unverbraucht wie kaum etwas anderes ist (Eine Fliegende Strahlende Stadt über den Wolken im Jahre 1912, durchdrungen von Prunk, Technik, Korruption, Irrglauben und revolutionären Gedanken und einem Hauch Magie und Paranormalem), macht dieses Spiel zu etwas unvergleichbaren. Lediglich der moderne Ansatz den Spieler zu lange am Leben zu lassen macht Spielspaßtechnisch einem Shooter-Fan der alten Schule hier einen leichten Strich durch die Rechnung .... Trotzdem 11/10 Punkten ;D Expand
  41. Mar 30, 2014
    BioShock Infinite spoiler-free review.
    BioShock: Infinite is an amazing game that's incredibly well thought and enjoyable from start to finish.
    Like I started the review for the original BioShock, I'll talk about the world. Irrational Games manages to keep the tradition of making the world a character and make it tell it's own story. Although the world tells it's own story, it has a lot
    more diminished impact, considering that now you are a speaking character (Booker Dewitt) accompanied by a talking character as well (Elizabeth) which distract you from admiring the world and just staring at it at times. The story. This game's shorter than the first BioShock, but much more focused, with better witing (and BioShock's writing wasn't bad at all), much more interesting and relatable. It was filled with emotions that few games achieved last year (The Last of Us, Gone Home). The Graphics aren't as realistic in 2013 as BioShock's were in 2007, but that's because Irrational takes a much more artistic approach and one that pays off. The music in this game is extraordinary, and really make emotional moments 10 times much more meaningful. The sounds are very good as well, no complaints there. The gameplay. Now, everyone thinks that this is a weak part in the game, but it really isn't. Although plasmids (now called vigors) don't make much of a difference in combat, and it doesn't change the first person shooter genre (like BioShock did), it's a satisfying gameplay and it's a lot of fun (although you might want to play it in hard like I did, because normal and easy difficulty don't bring any challenge). AI is great and Elizabeth really changes combat, by helping you with supplies.
    After all BioShock: Infinite is an incredible ride with an ending that will make you want to replay the game from a whole new pespective.
    Average score: 9.7/10
  42. Mar 29, 2014
    Despite the fact that the 2 first Bioshock games were pretty good, they both pale in comparison to this one. The story is much deeper and one of the best ones I've seen in a while and the gameplay is also more interesting and fun with the new ability to open tears and some new powers that are even more awesome than the ones in previous games.

If anyone out there has played the first to
    games, but still played this one yet, then they definitely should. Expand
  43. Mar 16, 2014
    This is one great experiences, and surely one of the best of last-gen. BioShock Infinite has a unique artistic style and a highly detailed world to go along with a good story. There are parts where it feels like there's just too much combat, but the fact that the combat is fun, and the story is good, you just want to keep pushing through to see what happens next. Although it's not as great as the original, it's still a game that deserves to be played. Expand
  44. Mar 13, 2014
    Is this game as good as what people say it is? Yes of course. The game oozes both theme, style and beauty paired with a suspenseful story with a juicy ending. Gameplay is fun, though not everyone's cup of tea, it is still versatile and fun. Though the story does lack a rather slow sluggish start, when it picks up pace, you will fall in love with this game. A must play.
  45. Mar 8, 2014
    A remarkable story that puts the Bioshock franchise in a place where anything can happen next and everything from the series were placed together.

Deep and engaging characters, astonishing visuals and a truly rich backstory fulfilled with a mixture of history and fantasy, covering aspects of our society like the struggle of social classes or religion and state exploit, make one of the
    best games of all time.

Bugs at the beginning, some boring mechanics, unjustified excessive violence, bad design/budget decisions, the well known millions of chain quests covering the same places over and over, and mostly the unbelievable absence of a decent save system almost ruin the game or make it average, but the good points are just awesome and hold Bioshock Infinite like an awesome, over the top game.

It's a good mix of action and story - entertainment and art excellence.
    (some technical mess, but it's all right)

____________________________________________

PS For those who needs the subtitle help in a foreign language:

You may get lost at the end of the story, because it's deep and explained too fast. Play it again or simply search for the story explained via web to help you understand it if needed.
  46. Mar 7, 2014
    the reason why alot of people are saying the graphics suck is because they don't know what art style the developers were going for, the story is amazing and the gameplay is fun, definetley worth picking up
  47. Mar 4, 2014
    Like mentioned by other graphics are stunning. I spent ages searching around the little bits of the linear path just to make sure I have not missed anything. Thought the story was good as well and your AI buddy does not get in the way like other games and occasionally likes to throw money and guns at you, which is always a bonus! I am looking forward to getting round to buying and giving the dlc a play through. Expand
  48. Feb 25, 2014
    i mean you can not say that is was a bad game anyway this was the best best game i have ever played wonderful story awesome ending and you are just bioshocked when it ends!
  49. Feb 24, 2014
    /// sorry for bad english/// bioshock infinite best game in which I played an incredible story introducing the head, great graphics(not for innovation , a wonderful atmosphere and beauty) , the combat system was estimated at low levels of complexity recommend to take the 1999 mode , this game is so good that I played 90 hours approximately 5 playthroughs ,you won't believe I just enjoy beautiful locations ,and plot ,but really ,this is the best game at the time of 2013. 10 out of 10 masterpiece Expand
  50. Feb 22, 2014
    I consider myself a hardcore gamer. I do not like games that aren't **** brilliant. This game is so good I don't even know where to begin. I played it on one of the lowest graphics available, it still had one of the best graphics I have ever seen. The story is almost as good as the story in Oblivion, Ocarina of time, Suidoken etc. People that say that the story in this game is bad are RETARDED. I'm not even trying to be funny. They much REALLY have a low IQ. This story is so **** complex and amazing that I am now(2 hours after completing the game) still in a **** chock of wonder. The story is, although, very complex. I had to go online for explaination because so much of the story was thrown at you in the last 15 minutes of the game. That, and the "lack of story" throughout the mid-part of the game ares two of the reasons im giving it a 9. Another thing that is mindblowing are all the small details of the story. The story is so incredibly well-written that I'm actually stunned by it's depth. Although I donwloaded this game(I wouldn't have if I knew how good it was) I higly recommend you buying it. If you regret it, you are probably retarded and should stick to **** games, e.g CoD like the rest of the 12 year olds. Expand
  51. Feb 14, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game, with a great story, outstanding and colourful world and overall GOOD gameplay it is one of 2013's best. There are only a few main negative points that Infinite carries which is which are its lack of meaningful player decisions, a lame final battle. and a few hallway-shooter levels. The last ~3 minutes or so of the game will tie up all loose ends from the game and some that you didn't even know existed.

52. Jan 27, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite must be one of the most cleverly designed games I’ve ever played. All design decisions made by the developers subtly direct the player towards interesting themes that keep reverberating throughout the story. This Bioshock game takes place in a different utopia that floats in the sky. Infinite’s gameworld, Columbia, is given incredible detail and is probably the most vibrant and dynamic city portrayed in gaming. Irrational Games designed characters that exude lively animations and personalities that, for the first time in the franchise, provoked genuine emotional reactions out of me. You play as an ex-Pinkerton agent assigned with a rather simple task that gets complicated quickly. Throughout your adventure in Columbia, the player is presented with some of the most uncomfortable and controversial game moments and takes a new approach with choice and morality. However, these segments are beautifully tied into the story’s theme and portrayed with such narrative finesse that the player’s discomfort is also accompanied with awe and amazement.

While Bioshock Infinite doesn’t have the incredible level design its predecessors had, the game has extremely balanced gameplay that struggles between exploration, combat, and story. All details of Infinite are so carefully considered, it would be silly to assume that Irrational Games got lazy when designing the combat. If the combat system became any more complicated with extra secondary goals and additional exploration, it would disrupt the balance between the narrative and ultimately force the player to focus less on the story. While I would prefer that my Booker DeWitt had the ability to carry all accessible weapons with him, the two-weapon system doesn’t necessary bother me. Almost all weapons are very well balanced and merely cater to different gameplay styles without offering noticeable advantages in combat. In addition, I found that Vigors are a much more appealing magic system than the Plasmids in Rapture. The various Vigors react with each other differently and offer much more depth to the gameplay if you decide to experiment with them. The defensive Vigors, such as Return to Sender and an upgraded Charge, can become life savers on higher difficulties. It’s incredibly rewarding when the player perseveres through a challenging combat situation by cleverly utilizing their Vigor arsenal. Bioshock Infinite is one of the most colorful games ever crafted and steers the shooter genre in a new direction with its fluid gameplay and remarkable narration.
  53. Jan 27, 2014
    Bioshock was my Game of the Year of 2013. In order to have a full understanding and experience, play the other Bioshock's before starting Infinite.
    The graphics are gorgeous and stunning on PC, the gameplay and shooter mechanics are smooth and exceptional.
    What really drives Infinite is the story line. Not ruining anything, but the ending is confusing to many people and I suggest once
    you have finished, youtube the ending of Bioshock Infinite explained in full detail.
    Elizabeth is a companion that is never going to be forgotten. She not only helps you in battle, but she is what drives the story. Elizabeth, you could say, is the centerpiece throughout the entire game.
    The vigors are well thought and interpreted, as this gives the player many options to chose how they want to approach a battle. Planning is essential on the higher difficulties, especially 1999 mode.
    However, the game does not feature enough guns, and I found myself sticking with the same guns throughout the whole game.
    All in all, one of the best story-driven, first-person shooters I have ever played. Please continue to amaze us, 2K and Irrational Games.
  54. Jan 27, 2014
    Relish this game. Take it all in. Beautiful and gripping from pillar to post! One of the best games ive ever played...to date! I find it hard to comprehend how some people score it low. If its not your cup of tea its worth at least a 7/10 for its sheer graphical quality and beauty!
  55. Jan 26, 2014
    Back in the year 2007, the company Irrational Games released BioShock, which was a fantastic first person shooter that brought new things to the table that brought a more unique flare to the tried and true FPS genre. This game had an amazing storyline, superpowers that change the way the game can be played, and beautiful graphics. The game was fantastic, and critically acclaimed by critics and FPS fans alike. Then in 2010, a sequel called BioShock 2 was released. This game was not made by the same developer. Despite this however, the game was considered great, but not as good as its predecessor. Now the series is back with BioShock Infinite, a game with a different setting from the first two games, but is still made by the developer of the first game. So, does this game live up to the legacy of its predecessors, or should the developers have just stuck with the original setting? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is very similar to its predecessors. It is a first person shooter with many weapons for you to mess around with. This game has all of the weapons that an FPS fan could ask for. It has machine guns, shotguns, pistols, and even grenade launchers. This may sound like your generic FPS at first, but this game also has something that changes the gameplay quite a bit. You also have these amazing superpowers called vigors. Vigors give your character special powers such as the ability to throw fire into your enemy's faces, zapping them with lightning, and even murdering them with a horde of crows. Overall, this game's gameplay is not much different from it's predecessors at all, except that it seems to appeal more to the modern FPS fan then a classic one. After all, this time you can only have two weapons at a time, and you can only wield two vigors at a time. However, this isn't much of a problem considering that it is still fun to play despite this restriction. The gameplay of this game is quite fantastic overall. The graphics of this game have got to be the most beautiful I have ever seen in any video game. I'm not kidding. This game's graphics are just so beautiful it is crazy. Everything is rich with detail, along with being bright and colorful. The setting is probably the most beautiful part however. It is a city in the clouds that is filled with posters, billboards and the like talking about how amazing the place is. The people in the game are realistic looking, the clouds in the sky are a nice touch, and I could go on and on. This game is about as beautiful as a modern FPS can get. As for the story, it is quite possibly the best story that I have ever heard in my life. That is not a joke. This story is so amazing it is ridiculous. It starts with you, the main character Booker DeWitt, who is threatened with death if he doesn't complete his mission. His mission is to "Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt,". This girl is Elizabeth, who you will meet later in the game, who will be your sidekick later on. Along the way, you get caught up in a conflict with the game's main villain, Zachary Hale Comstock who created the city of Columbia, which is where the game takes place. The story is told like a classic animated Disney movie, and is filled with themes such as racism and religion. The story is handled quite fantastically, and is told very well.
    Overall, this game definitely lives up to the legacy of its predecessors. It is a game that absolutely everyone needs to play. It is one of the best games I have ever played in my life. My only real problem with it is that it is too much like a modern shooter, where the other games in the franchise were more like a classic FPS.
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  56. Jan 25, 2014
    I really liked this game. Really really liked it. Its graphics are fantastic, theme is spot-on, and the gameplay is rock-solid. The only complaints I have (relatively minor ones) stem from the story and characters.

Starting off with the graphics: I'm so glad my upgraded PC can run this on max. While some areas of the game aren't really that amazing from a technical standpoint, going
    outside in Columbia is a revelation. Not only did I appreciate the lighting, textures, and particle effects, but felt that they aided my absorption into the game.

The astounding graphics tie into my next love of the game: the theme. Columbia is breathtaking. The old-timey machines, voices, and buildings are breathtaking. This game made 1912 interesting, a mean feat considering how boring I found it previously. The ideas behind this game are varied, and I have no doubt that they could carry a prequel or a sequel if one was made.

Gameplay finally. Weapons feel punchy and dangerous. Vigors were better implemented in this game than they were in the first Bioshock; they were a key aspect of most of my battles. Elizabeth's 'tearing' saved my ass so many times that I'm not even sure I would have beat the game without it. Skylines are just the best idea ever, although I did find myself over-using them because of the almost-complete safety they gave me. Airship battles: not restricting at all, which I thought they would be. The enemies also kept you on your toes, with the Handymen and crow guys standing out for me. Some people say the gameplay is nothing special, and objectively that may be so, but I did really feel like Booker DeWitt trying to survive in this weird new world whenever I was in combat.

Now to the goddamn story and characters. Without spoiling much, I loved Elizabeth (as most do). Pretty much all of the moments of happiness, sadness, and compassion were because of her. Only times I didn't like her was when she was wayyyyy too clued-in to what was going on to make any sense (read: the ending). However, that's more of a story problem than hers. Comstock was one-dimensional, racist, bible-bashing, but entertaining enough. Booker has a bit of an uneven story; he turns from being vital to the plot to almost invisible many times throughout the game. Other characters range from great (Lutece twins) to okay (Jeremiah Fink) to bad (Daisy Fitzroy).

The story itself, well, I really really really liked it. Ranging from figuring out what the hell is going on to trying to escape to, well, the endgame, I had a blast throughout. I genuinely looked forward to every new location in the game. Only problem; the ending was rushed. I loved the ideas behind it, but they could have been paced better to give the player time to breathe. That being said, the whole ending sequence was so thought-provoking I want to replay the game just to see what I missed. I could go on with my opinion on the story, but I don't really feel like it. It's really an 'in the moment' game.

Overall, a great game.
  57. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is not often you play a game and then immediately afterwards want to talk about your feelings and experience. System Shock 1 did not do that for me, not even System Shock 2 and I still have my original CDs of that game. SS2 was one of my best games all time by the way. Like it or not - games have moved on and the consolisation of our beloved PC games continues. Shame I say!

Bioshock Infinite is a lot like the original Bioshock. However, some things have been changed for the better - some for the worse. You are now travelling amongst the clouds, in a magical floating city where Humming Birds, Candy Floss and rainbows stretch across the horizon. It follows after one of the best introductions in a video game - starting with the standard man, boat, lighthouse and ending up in the amazing chapel. At the beginning - you sort of explore - play some games in the fairground - see the happy locals living their privelaged life.

Like the orginal BIoshocks - the game is extremely linear - this time there is no illusion that you are free to choose your path. What you are playing is an interactive story and believe me - it is the best interactive story you could ever take part in. Bringing in film, books and gaming together - the end result, and I mean when you get to THE END - you will think and feel like you never have before in gaming.

I liked the moment in the beginning chapel and getting baptised. I liked exploring the opening fairground and taking part in the games. I was surprised by the lottery section and the comment it made on mixed marriages. I liked the use of the sky rails and had not experienced that in a video game before. I liked the combat but found I was often reminded to use the vigours - unlike Bioshock 1 and 2. I liked the beach, the American Indian and Chinese Boxers sections. I liked the build up to your initial meeting with Elizabeth.

The experience with the Elizabeth character was just so amazing and wonderful - totally unique - no - nothing like Alyx in Half Life 2 - much better. Watching the Elizabeth character change over the course of the game was heart wrenching and your inability of stopping that was difficult to take. Remember - you are not in control of this game - you go and do what you are told - you live the story and play your role.

Technically - the game is not better than SS2 or BS1 - but the story telling sets this game apart from any other I have experienced - give it a go, please. Take your time and do not rush - explore the world - struggle through the bad interface and dumbed down options - you will thank me.

Hmm - anything wrong with the game? Well - let's say I would have done some things different - too much shooter for me. Somethings seem to have been taken out or put in at the last minute - it's obvious but all that never really affected my experience, or my feelings.

I think this thing of leaving bits of the story and background in voicemails needs to improve in the future - we gamers really need this a bit more directly - we all don't have time to search the intranet to find answers once we complete a game - please give us more info next time. Some character interaction with the citizens with the world would help that.

So - on to the feelings and thinking bit - BI is a grown up game - younger people might like the (standard) shooty shooty, I would not. Without the story telling this game is not a "Shock". It becomes a standard shooter.

Racism, Equality, The Nature of Power, Violence, Religion, Technology. Family. Children. The choices we make. What is gaming for?

I am giving this a 9/10 with Skyrim being a 10/10. I don't understand the haters below that are giving it a fat zero. Obviously a game can move from a 7 to a 10, some guys might be really into this one and give it a 10. I would not say it is excessive. But zeros? All their criticism is valid though -

Some ways this is worse than Bioshock - the story telling is better.
    Bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt.
    Elizabeth: Booker, are you afraid of God? Booker DeWitt: No. But I'm afraid of you.
    The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist.
    The seed of the prophet shall sit the throne, and drown in flame the mountains of man.
    Love the Prophet, cause he loves the Sinner, Love the Sinner, Because he is you. Without the Sinner, what need is there for a redeemer? Without Sin, what grace has forgiveness?
    What exactly was the great emancipator, emancipating the negro from? From his daily bread, from the nobility of honest days work, from wealthy patrons who sponsered them from cradle to grave. Front clothing and shelter and what have they done?, Why go to Finkton and you shall find out. No man is born free, except the white man, and it is our burden to care for the rest of creation.

The ending is the best ending EVER in a video game - show me better if you can.
  58. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Game is beautiful, the voice acting is great, especially by Troy Baker, the story really makes you think, and doesn't have the weak ending that Bioshock 1 and 2 had, the gameplay is ok, but this game is a masterpiece. Expand
  59. Jan 17, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is for sure a top game of 2013 and perhaps of all time. With visually stunning graphics and a story that pulls you deeper than almost any other, the game deserves special attention from true gamers. Bioshock Infinite is a near masterpiece.
  60. Jan 16, 2014
    Amazing, unbelievable and fun. The art looks like it was made by saints and the story by unknown divine beings. If you don't like this game then you are probably one of those dota players that live in a bubble. After finishing it for like 7 times I will continue doing so until a better game gets released. Definitely my favourite title for a very long time.
  61. Jan 15, 2014
    I have been playing computer games since the days of space invaders, I have played and seen it all so I'm in no small way fussy and a little jaded. I have never given a game a perfect score so this is a first for me.

At its core Bioshock Infinite is a simple shooter, its not overly clever and its not trying to be. What sets it apart from the crowd is its superb blend of story, graphics
    and its pure imagination. Its not too much of a stretch to call this game a playable work of art.

I adored every exquisite, artistic moment of this game. There are times when it truly takes your breadth away. I'm in awe of its creators and how far we have come with game technology.

So hey stop listening to me gush. Bioshock Infinite is on EBay and other sites for prices that are an absolute steal. Go get a copy.
  62. Jan 10, 2014
    This is one hard game to judge and to review, because it has so much but at the same it has so little. But I want to be clear from the start: yes, it is a good game. Yes, it has a very good story. Yes, it is a better shooter than normal. No, it's definitely not a masterpiece that everyone assume: it has flaws and those flaws are huge that cannot be avoided, especially considering I LOVED the original (especially System Shock), and I was expecting so much from this game, but when I heard of thecontent they had, but later removed, I just waited for a discount. Something that I didn't do for the original.

What's good in it:

1)The story is the best part of the game and despite confusing at first...it will be still confusing later on, until you end the game, and hardly any game nowadays is able to do hook you like this game, especially an fps game. I won't spoil the story, but it's interesting and very engaging. Is it flawless? No, but it's still good. And that's what counts.

2) The combat, while being a shooter, is actually pretty good although not very innovative, but if we have to compare to other "modern" fps game this is way higher on the scale: the vigors, while being not exceptional comparing to the original Bioshock, it still gives some variation on the fight and combined with your weapons (I'll talk about it) and also the sky-line fights, it gives some good combat now and then
    and it was ok and enjoyable. Only downside is that the fights are far too easy (I played on normal) so unless you want a challenge, you'll have to fight on highest difficulty, especially since your partner (Elizabeth) will provide support now and then. Not perfect, but definitely better than the average fps.

3) I finished the game in about 10 hours, doing the most I can and trying to gather most of the powerups I could get (the pots), so even on length it's pretty good too considering most of fps nowadays, if you're lucky, will last about 5 hour or so, even less if you like to rush on the game. Sure the game will last less than 10 hours if you rush but, once again, if we have to compare to other fps, it's pretty lengthy. On its own, it's good enough: not too long, not too short.

What's bad in it:

1)You can only carry 2 weapons at once and, unless you find the weapon somewhere, you'll be stuck with the two you've got; this alone will make most of the weapons useless, because you'll focus on just 2 weapons most of the time and only them for the rest of the game: a pity because not only the original you could carry all of the weapons, but each one was useful (even the wrench, with the right upgrade!).

2)You can use all of the vigors at once but it's so badly implemented (you hold Q to show the screen of vigors; in Bioshock it was bind to your F1 keys) that you will often forget them and just use two all time (since it's also very easy, it won't matter).

3) Passives are gone and are replaced with clothes that you have to find and once you use them, you can replace with another until you find another. General upgrades also are dumbed down, with potions upgrade for health, shield and salts, and money for the other upgrades (instead of a specific revenue, like the ADAM in Bioshock)

4)Too few exploration and lack of choices....and those few choices will lead you to nothing, since the game ends the same everytime. Also, the game is extremely linear despite the game will try to give "different paths", but the game will always force your way through one way only.

5)Vigors are extremely dumbed down and not all of them are very useful and not worth upgrading at all. And some powers aren't here, like Telekinesis... (I would have LOVED to throw them away!!!!)

There are probably other issues that I could mention, but all in all this game is very good and it was enjoyable to play through...but yes, this game, together with Portal 2 and maybe some CoD games, is one of the most overhyped games ever, because of the amount of things they have promised to deliver just scrapped later for giving us, in few words, a "linear shooter with story elements". I won't say it's bad because it's linear (I mentioned it had some exploration), but after Bioshock I expected sooooo much from this game and, to this day, I still consider that game a masterpiece (although that game is too easy too). But yes, I highly recommend this game to give it a try, ESPECIALLY if you find it on discount, because it has a good story (but hard to follow), one of the most reliable and interesting partners I've ever had (and more games should take inspiration from her!), and has an unnoriginal yet good fps mechanic that works, but really begged for more innovation (Ok, the original game was more clunky on using both of your powers....)

A tough score for me, but I think a 9(.5) is a very well deserved to this game.
    Very good, but very flawed as well.
  63. Jan 8, 2014
    There are so many things I can say about BioShock Infinite. It was the first game I ever beat. This game is also one of the greatest games I have ever played. The entire story is amazing with a great plot and one of the most shocking endings ever. Also the graphics are amazing. At some parts I thought I was watching a movie. But most of all the combat is amazing. Whether its versing killer birds or robots the combats just great. Also the setting of Columbia is very cool. Maybe not as eerie as Rapture but still very cool and actually somewhat eerie. All in all this game is nearly perfect and I say if you're going to buy it go for it. Expand
  64. Jan 6, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite 1 of the years best with a ending that ties everything together characters so real you can touch them mainly Elizabeth the most pure and innocent character ever who is the heart and soul of this art.
  65. Jan 4, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a genius game. After you finish the game you have to play it again because the game is hinting the end so well, so when you will play it the second time you will have so much fun. Hardcore fans might not like this game because it's just not Bioshock. I can get why people wont like it because they expected a new Bioshock witch this game isn't the gun play in this game isn't the best but this isn't an fps game its a story driven game.

So to sum it up:
    this game is a STORY based game the story, the art and Elizabeth is the real meaning of the game
    a great game and worth you'r money.
  66. Jan 3, 2014
    Amazing story and the level/character design is just perfect! The story might not hold if you analyze it too much, but its really complex and mesmerizing. The way it levels out when you play is just fantastic. And after you have played it through it makes you think back.

Sadly the game-play "shooter-experience" was pretty dull, and at times really bad. But you dont even think about when
    you play cus you are so caught up in the visuals and the story.

But dont for the love of god play the DLC. Some rate it high, but I just think its a shadow of the "original" game.
  67. Jan 1, 2014
    There are few games that makes me glad to play them without knowing anything about the story. Action packed, beautiful environment, I had to play on low graphical settings, and it still looked amazing. The story is subtle to begin with, and as the story progresses it picks up with such amazing twist and turns I didn't want to stop playing.
  68. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. The gameplay is not good: The KI is sometimes stupid, it's too easy and the shooter mechanics are not good. Actually Bioshock Infinite deserves because of that not 10 out of 10, but the rest is like 11/10. It looks okay, the sounds and voices are great, the weapons are cool and your KI companion is nice to you and not irritating and the best is the story: It is so complex and brilliant, the characters are great and the twists are just mindblowing. I love this game. Expand
  69. Dec 28, 2013
    There's something magic about this game no doubt about it. I applaud the developers for yet another awesome job for this third game in the series. I can really see the passion and the heart that went into this game. From the voice acting to the character animation to the art style and etc. I don't even know what to say. If you've played the past two games you know there's always some kind of twist in the story. I was expecting this, and predicting all sorts of things like: "this person will betray me," "I am a test subject in an experiment," but boy was I wrong in all of my speculations. The story still managed to blow me away and take me by surprise. Honestly, if this story were turned into a book I'd bet it would become a best selling novel (not that I read a lot of books but hey I know a great story when I hear one). Most people who dislike this game either didn't understand the story, or are just being hipster and hating on the "mainstream" and "overhyped" things. I did not even know this game was "hyped", and honestly, if you take time to listen to all of the dialogue and follow the progression carefully, and reflect on it at the end, you will understand the story just fine (and I checked an online source for clarification too, because the ending was just so incredible and fantastic). And make sure you watch after the credits, because that's the REAL ending of the story.

Graphics aren't the best in the industry but it more than does the job. If I could describe the environment and the visual aspects of this game in three words: euphoric, breathtaking, and artistic. I notice in these bioshock games, there's something signature about the atmosphere, or mood while you're playing the game. It is unlike any other. Is it the ominous violin music? The 1900s era furnishings? The way people talk? It's all very distinct to me, and it stands out from all the other games.

In this game you get a female companion, and wow, I have never ever seen a companion AI done so well. No matter where you are, she will interact with the environment and talk to you about things. Her body and facial animation is flawless. I never felt like this while playing a video game before, but I felt like I was talking to a living, breathing human being. She was the farthest thing to one of those companions you get in the fallout or oblivion series, where the guy just follows your every step and spits out lines over and over. This character clearly has a personality, and a likable one too, with a mind of her own. It was almost like this character was being played by another human, the way she led the way wherever I was heading, and the way she wandered and said quirky things. She also is very handy in combat, and most of the time she will throw you ammo, or other items just when you think you need it. This was one of the biggest reasons why I became so engaged into the game.

The reason I gave this game a 9 instead of a 10 is because I felt the ending was way too rushed. It was brilliant, but I felt that it needed to be slower paced. when the game was over I felt that my mind was raped with too much happening all at once. I had to sit down and think for a few minutes to process what had happened. But also, regretfully, I felt that the ending missed a great opportunity to give closure with great emotional depth like in the previous games. I'm not gonna spoil it for you, but the end of this game didn't make me tear up like in the last two games, and I love it when games can be that powerful. The ending of this game could have had the same emotional impact on me had it included more "drama," but it ends kind of just too abruptly without much emotion in my opinion. Sorry if that classifies as a spoiler for you but it's just what I thought.

Other than the ending which was a bit emotionally shallow for me, the rest of this game more than makes up for it, and I would definitely recommend it to literally anyone. You do not have to play bioshock 1 and 2 to understand this game.
  70. Wim
    Dec 27, 2013
    Wow just finished it and I am speechless. Absolutely fantastic game. The story has great pace, unpredictable, did not expect the end. The action is fantastic as well. Some slower bits with some action packed scenes as well. Had to remember to start breathing again after some parts. If you're tired of all the 'assembly line' FPS shooters this one is definitely for you.
  71. Dec 26, 2013
    An extremely fun and exciting game! The middle of the game does get a bit slow, but the ending will have you mind blown. You will probably be unable to function properly a couple days post game completion. Yeah, it's THAT good! I totally recommend this to everyone.
  72. Dec 25, 2013
    Among the top tier of games. The visuals are the best i've seen in years. Beautiful art direction. The story is one of the most intriguing i've played in a long time, although it was sometimes a challenge to follow. Sound is superb, as is the animation.

However, my only gripe is several gameplay problems. One boss in particular was very poorly designed *SLIGHT SPOILER* (the ghost boss).
    Fighting it truly was a chore and not fun in the slightest, and multiple instances of the same fight seemed completely unnecessary. Surely they could have traded that idea for another enemy in the game...

Regardless, gameplay was fun, but got stale between plot points quicker than it should have. Setting that aside, this is truly a masterpiece and one of the best of this generation. I have a hard time deciding which Bioshock (first or Infinite) I thought was truly better.
  73. Dec 25, 2013
    I'm just going to go ahead and say it, the story is amazing. At first it starts out regular with a simple mission but then it gets more complex but in the end the story comes full circle and answers plenty of answers you had. Though there are still some questions you may have at the end, it at least answers and hits on all the main points. By the end of the game I was mind blown at what had happened.

The gameplay is good. It plays smooth as a shooter. The only problem I had that kept me from giving it a perfect score is how boring it got looking for stuff. Of course you don't have to look for stuff but if you do there won't be much to find. There seems to be not as much recordings to find compared to the big world your in and most of the time you only find health and vigor when you were already full. Your vigor and health fills up fast too so you'll find yourself constantly leaving behind that stuff and not needing it. In hard mode it might be a different story but I only tried it in normal mode. All that stuff I mentioned though is minor. What really got to me was how useless the different types of powers you get. I literally only used around three of the 12 or so you get and once I got the electric one I stuck with that for the rest the game. I am sure others might find them useful since it feel like the game is trying to offer variety but the other powers literally felt useless to me. The gear you can equip is a nice addition but I had the same problem as the powers in that I found only a few of the gear useful of the plenty of gear that you find. I literally only used the first pieces of gear until the end when I finally found gear that was worth putting on to replace my old ones. The gameplay is smooth though and never had a problem moving around and shooting. Shooting is pretty accurate as well.

The graphics are the most noticeable part about the game. They are gorgeous and you can just stare at awe at the city in the sky right when you get there. Especially on a good pc running on high settings. The characters look great as well and are really believable.

Overall this is a gorgeous looking game with a great story where you will get mindblown away. The gameplay plays really well also. A great example of showing that story game aren't dead and hopefully inspire other developers to come up with other great stories.
  74. Dec 23, 2013
    The best FPS out there at the moment, the story is the best I've ever seen in a shooter, I even think that is better than it's predecesor (Bioshock and the gameplay is great with the addition of the vigors (plasmids for Bioshock and Elizabeth, great character and partner that helps in combat summoning elements like cover, turrets or decoys, also the sky-rails are awesome, the gave the game high speed action moments.
    the only problem I have with this game is that you are retricted to carry only 2 weapons unlike the previous games in wich you could carry all the weapons you found.
  75. Dec 19, 2013
    Loved this game. The environment was very immersive, and the storyline was engaging. The character of Elizabeth drew you in and created a great emotional engagement that made the last portion of the game very intense. Like playing a good book.
  76. Dec 15, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is art. If it is not, then do not know what could be. The graphics, the neoclassical architecture consistent with the 1912 period, the music and its performance, the joke with music and tears where you could see part of a past future and how all this is presented in the game is sublime. And moreover, remains a game with plenty of action, with the player in control. Just do not give a score of 10 because of some bugs, like what happened once, preventing an scripted event from happening and to progress in the game, and the way everything is solved with violence. Expand
  77. Dec 13, 2013
    IN SPANISH:

El Bioshock Infinite es un juego excelente. Es verdad que bebe bastante de los antiguos Bioshock, respecto a los vigorizadores (antiguos plásmidos). De resto, tiene una gran jugabilidad, el tema de los aerocarriles y desgarros añaden una gran maniobrabilidad al juego y las mejoras que se pueden comprar de las armas y los vigorizadores también (aunque estos dos últimos sean
    del primer Bioshock). El juego en sí es para mí un poco fácil. La IA en fácil es bastante... de risa, pero en difícil es bastante mejor, y en modo 1999 es un reto bastante atractivo. A la jugabilidad, yo le daría un 8/10

En el apartado gráfico es increíble, un diseño espectacular y un aprovechamiento extremadamente bueno del Unreal Engine. Me encanta sobre todo los primeros 15 minutos del juego, cuando se nos presenta Columbia como un paraíso y todo es precioso. También hay que decir que está muy bien optimizado en relación calidad gráfica-rendimiento. Elizabeth, que es la chica que nos acompaña en todo momento está increíblemente bien hecha. La animación de su ropa, la animación de su cara, sus emociones su pelo... es fantástico. Me encanta el momento en la Bahía del Acorazado cuando te la encuentras bailando, ese momento es donde mejor se puede apreciar lo bien hecha que está, sus expresiones faciales, como de confusión y de impresión, etc. Y además, no es un personaje de estos que molestan, que si le matan tienes que empezar otra vez. No, ella sabe cuidarse sola y no será un incordio, de hecho, no ayudará en los peores momentos lanzándonos botiquines, sales, munición o dinero. Aquí le doy un 9,5/10

Y la historia, este es el punto más fuerte del juego. Es difícil hablar de ella sin hacer spoilers. La historia es magnífica, cuando te lo pasas por primera vez, no entiendes la mayoría de las cosas, y piensas que están ahí porque sí, porque no las entiendes. Pero cuando te lo pasas por segunda vez es: ¡Ah! eso estaba ahí por eso! ¡Ah! esto otro estaba aquí por aquello! En todo momento se te está contando el final del juego... subliminalmente y es fantástico. La narrativa visual, los voxáfonos y kinetoscopios aportan un montón a la historia. El final por supuesto es lo mejor, un final que te da para pensar la noche entera, y luego ver un vídeo de alguien explicándolo bien para que las piezas terminen de encajar. La historia es sencillamente la mejor que he visto en mi vida, en películas y juegos 10/10.

Al final le daría un 98/100, es un juego que marca bastante diferencia en los juegos de esta generación, sobre todo por la historia, que es algo que se está perdiendo lamentablemente.
  78. Dec 11, 2013
    Personally I loved the entire storyline and the mind-blowing concepts of the Bioshock universe. The settings never ceases to fail in creating the awesome feeling of being in Columbia. This game is a must play for the story and visual experience.
  79. Dec 9, 2013
    This game has the best and most mind-blowing ending of any game I've ever experienced if you understand it. This on top of near perfect gameplay, challenge, and progression and you're looking at an all-in-one experience. If I would have one complaint, however, it would be that this game strays so far from the original Bioshock titles. The fact that you have to choose two weapons instead of carrying eight was so foreign to me after just recently playing the last two, and the new plasmids (now called "vigors") have a huge amount of flexibility which almost feel over-powered. Overall, this game is a must have for anyone looking to mentally connect to an intense, artful, and mind-blowing gaming experience. Expand
  80. Dec 4, 2013
    If I could choose a game of the year, I would choose this one. Now I know I haven't played every game out there and for all I know there could be a game way better than this one, but i haven't found it yet. Bioshock Infinite continues the franchise's amazing gameplay and story, adding to that even more beautiful graphics and pushing the previously mentioned gameplay and story to limits rarely seen in the gaming world. The element of Elizabeth in gameplay might get some skeptical remarks, but it is one of the best companion AI's I've ever seen. Elizabeth passes you health, money, and salts (used for spell-like powers for those of you new to Bioshock) while all throughout the game staying out of your way. You never have to worry about Elizabeth dying or blocking a crucial shot. The story contains references to past games as well as amazing plot twists that will leave your mind questioning itself.

Please buy this game.
  81. Dec 4, 2013
    -One of the most immersive games I have ever played.
    -The plot is amazing.
    -The game looks stunning.
    -The gameplay is fresh and fun.

This is one of those games you think about it days later!
  82. Dec 4, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. This is my personal Game of The Year this far along with "The Stanley Parable". This game innovated everything that made the first "Bioshock" so damn good, and made a masterpiece with a touching and innovative story, great gameplay and combat, interesting characters and it offers 9 hours of gameplay trough the entire experience. Everything about this game is just wonderful! The grapich and the style... This game is a truly masteroiece. One of the best games ever made! Expand
  83. Dec 3, 2013
    bioshock infinite is one of my top 5 games, the soundtrack, story, graphics are just incredible. the gameplay maybe is a bit boring but it doesn't change my opinion. this game has the best ending i have ever seen. if you have a pc or any console you should play this game. this game worth it
  84. Dec 1, 2013
    First off let me explain that I've been a gamer for more than 20 years and I have never written a review once. That being said, this game has blown my mind. I have seen a lot of reviews saying that this game is overrated yet most of those reviews have given it a pretty high score. After playing the game all the way through I have experienced emotions that I didn't know I had. It starts off fun, you meet your ally who I started out thinking I would be annoyed with. As I continued through the game I fell in love with. Not only was she not an Achilles heel, she was a blessing in disguise. This made the game fun and brought about an emotional attachment as she was actually insightful, intriguing, and genuinely interesting. Because of that it kept me interested and let me have fun through the entire game. BUT the reason why this game pushed me to write a review was because of fruition at the end that brought it all together. It was ended up being an emotion roller coaster that I will never forget. Irrational games has a place in my heart for the rest of my life. I'm in awe over what they accomplished and I'm excited to see what else they can do.

Past that there is one thing that I believe could alienate a lot of people:
    STRONG religious undertones!
  85. Nov 30, 2013
    The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles.
  86. Nov 27, 2013
    AMAZING! This game has it all good story, good M rated content, good characters, and good graphics. The only thing that keeps it from a 10 is the gun play. Its bad. But other than that its a amazing game
  87. Nov 21, 2013
    Easily the best shooter I ever played. I admit I am not the biggest fan of shooters but like to play one once in a while and this one totally got me. Fantastic and challenging gameplay paired with a beautiful and exciting story that I would not have expected from a shooter and really interesting characters which you will remember for a very long time. I could not name a single flaw in this game. So even if you are not too much into shooters, you should definitely give this one a try. Expand
  88. Nov 19, 2013
    I really like this BioShock, the characters are great and the story too, the graphics are good, great gameplay, but the point of BioShock Infinite are the characters and the plot. 10/10 Irrational Games were so creative with the end of the Game!
  89. AOG
    Nov 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Amazingame"
    awesome game, gorgeous graphics, engaging story from beginning to end and that end, words fail to express the opportunity to play it.....
  90. Nov 18, 2013
    Uma palavra pra definir esse jogo "Mágico". Visual deslumbrante. Sentido religioso em contraponto com uma violência desmedida. As músicas nos remetem realmente a tempos passados, mesmo que não tenhamos vividos naquela época... OBRA-PRIMA!!!!
  91. Nov 17, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is amazing, just utterly amazing. The first sky hook execution put a smile on my face from ear to ear after which I never stopped smiling through the entire game. With the sky hook comes the sky rail which turns you into a living roller coaster from which you can attack enemies on the move. It provides an amazing combination of fast-paced action along with the rush of riding a roller coaster.

The story is incredible although it really has nothing to do with the original Rapture storyline so it doesn't necessarily fit the BioShock series. Although because it is such a great game which sticks to the original BioShock style game play, it is nice to know that the BioShock series was not tarnished. One can honestly say the BioShock trilogy is one of the best of all time.

Future games need to take notes on how to implement a sidekick. Any girl that gives me money is ok in my book and Elizabeth is a sweetheart to boot. She never gets in the way. She's never commanding or condescending. And she even helps you out by pointing out items like lock picks and voxophones. I actually developed a sense of trust in her. She was not only useful, but made me feel welcome in the process.

Easily the best game I've played this year.
  92. Nov 17, 2013
    This is my favourite game for the pat 5 years I think. Characters of this game are like living persons. You can feel the world of this game and it's great. Also liked the change of depth of ocean to the skies. Graphics and music are really nice, and the minus of this game it's short. even in comparison with previous games of the franchise.
  93. Nov 16, 2013
    This is one of the best shooters I have ever played in my life. On a par with Half-Life 1 & 2 for me.

Bioshock 2 wasn't a title I liked so much so I wasn't overexcited for this (maybe that was their plan haha!), but they built this gorgeous looking mindhump of a game. The story is phenomenal, even all this time on I absolutely cannot forget the story, it's one of those ones that sticks
    with you, and the characters are so likeable isn't the word. I love these characters, but they aren't necessarily likable...

Overall, like I said, on a par with Half-Life and Half-Life 2, give it a go.
  94. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The environments are amazing, character models are amazing, and everything looks fantastic. 10.

Sound: Professional voice acting, beautiful in game themes, the sounds transition perfectly in each fight, in meeting new characters. 10.

Gameplay: Fun exploration, combat is challenging, new gameplay aspect: riding the skyline. Skills/abilities which add more flavor to the
    combat. Tough enemies that require some strategy, while others are just run and gun. Disappointed there wasn’t any big impact like the big daddies in the first Bioshock. I expected to get a boss fight against that big mechanical bird, or at least something of that size or nature that would be challenging, but there wasn’t. It’s a game with a set of choice on exploration or linearity, or both. 9.0

Story: The overall structure of the story is great, the way its told, how its told as you play is amazing. Characters that are very appealing which adds emotion to the game. The only issue I had was with the ending. I did enjoy it but it is no doubt, and can definitely be confusing. The good thing about the ending leaves fans for discussion which created more detail views on wiki about the game’s ending. Its more focused on delivering a story that isn’t straight forward which is great, but it could have done so in a less confusing way. 9.5.

Replay Value: Personally I don’t see much replay value after the first playthrough unless you’re into collectibles/achievements. Other than that the game is long, at least it felt long, and it’s definitely worth playing. 8.5.

Overall Score: 9.4 out of 10.
  95. Nov 11, 2013
    This game had a lot of hype going into its release, not only because of the ads that were put out but also because of how great the original bio shock was. This game more then lived up to the hype, I would go as far to say that it was under hyped. Improved game play (which the game play was already great). Amazing plot (even thought it was a tad too complicated). It provided such a wonderful experience for me that I was really sad when it was over. This was one of the best games I have ever/ will ever play. Expand
  96. Nov 11, 2013
    This game is the ultimate masterpiece in every way. It's so beautiful that you stop to admire the scenario, the combat is fun with new skylines, vigors combos and plenty of weapons to chose from and the story is perfect in every detail (which they focus a lot).
  97. Nov 9, 2013
    Very good game with exceptional graphics and story! Good fun for about 10 or so hours! The only down side is that there is absolutely noting to do once you complete the game.
  98. Nov 9, 2013
    I do agree with Bioshock: Infinite being somewhat overrated, but that doesn't stop me from loving this game.

After about a year, I am ready for my review on here. I will try to keep it shorter, for everybody's sake!

Bioshock takes place in an insanely beautiful place. Columbia, the city in the clouds! As a PC gamer, the numerous visual options blew me away, and I had fun fiddling
    with them. When applied, the game's setting, powered by DirectX11/Uneal Engine, is ludicrously hypnotic in its beauty. I will often find myself walking around just to marvel at the detail and explore. Because, you do have free reign to explore plenty of times! With hidden items, secret areas, and meaningful collectables waiting to reward you for exploring. The story definitely takes you on a ride, with great gunplay, powers, and upgrades to help you along this game, which is awesomely similiar to a RPG without going too far into RPG territory. I admit, the game can be a bit annoying at times, especially the Handyman enemies, and some of them can soak up bullets like no tomorrow! The places where you fight said enemies tend to be a bit linear at times, but I always felt that because a game is linear doesn't mean it's bad. Bioshock: Infinite does manage to have side quests or hidden goodies to make exploration of these somewhat linear areas meaningful! I'll take that over something like Battlefield 3's campaign, which was linear but didn't have meaningful exploration!

Bioshock: Infinite is amazing, but it isn't perfect. It's truly above average, at least to me, and this is one epic story you will not want to miss!
  99. Nov 8, 2013
    The best game of 2013.Storyline,gameplay,carefully formed characters and art elements are coming together in this amazing game.In my opinion this is a 10 out of 10 title...Nothing to want more from this game.Also the game is very very good optimized for PC even if it offers a very detailed environment of the entire Flying Columbia City.
  100. Nov 7, 2013
    This is one of the special ones. Very nice atmosphere and a strong emotional concept to it. I never felt those cind of feelings in a game before, so this is the first game that i would rate 100 emotionaly. It really delivers a great experience with innovative and original leveldesign.

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]