BioShock Infinite PC

User Score
8.5

Generally favorable reviews- based on 7174 Ratings

User score distribution:
Buy On

Review this game

  1. Your Score
    0 out of 10
    Rate this:
    • 10
    • 9
    • 8
    • 7
    • 6
    • 5
    • 4
    • 3
    • 2
    • 1
    • 0
    • 0
  1. Submit
  2. Check Spelling
  1. Jul 25, 2016
    10
    ''Booker, are you afraid of God?
    No, but i'm afraid of you.''

    Bioshock Infinite is one of the best games i've had the chance to play, yes it's plot gets a little confusing but most of it it's corrected in the dlcs, this game is a must have in your collection and it should have win the GOTY of 2013
  2. Jul 17, 2016
    10
    Итак , если игру пройдёт дурак и умный, то дурак скажет "Это был неплохой шутан" А умный скажет "Здесь прекраснейший сюжет" В таком случаи правы оба.
    Но всё же действительно сюжет тащит, это великолепно "ЭТО ШЕДЕВР" (с) Светлаков
    Даже фильм "начало" нервно лежит обосанный в углу, так как по мимо запутанности, ты ещё и успел чуть-ли не влюбится в Элизабет, а конец ломает тебе
    Итак , если игру пройдёт дурак и умный, то дурак скажет "Это был неплохой шутан" А умный скажет "Здесь прекраснейший сюжет" В таком случаи правы оба.
    Но всё же действительно сюжет тащит, это великолепно "ЭТО ШЕДЕВР" (с) Светлаков
    Даже фильм "начало" нервно лежит обосанный в углу, так как по мимо запутанности, ты ещё и успел чуть-ли не влюбится в Элизабет, а конец ломает тебе представления того кем она для тебя является . Всё очень сложно , драматично , и наконец-то красиво. Если вы желаете пройти игру после которой вы будете лежать в коме 2 дня и осмысливать это вселенную и плача внутри самого себя от концовки , ТО ОНА ПРОСТО ДЛЯ ВАС! 12/10
    Expand
  3. Jul 10, 2016
    10
    La historia y todo el trasfondo que tiene este juego es una pura obra maestra exquisita, es de los juegos mas originales por su historia que se vieron y se van a ver, Ken Levine es un genio del arte, los gráficos son geniales, la jugabildad muy buena, totalmente rejugable. Obra maestra de juego.
  4. Jul 6, 2016
    10
    BioShock Infinite is a masterpiece, there's no doubt. There are a good graphics, awesome artstyle and OST, great gameplay. The plot is fine as well. The thing you will understand when completing BioShock Infintie is that people are able to create masterpieces nowadays.
  5. May 28, 2016
    10
    This game means perfection, the gameplay is really good, the characters, the huge complex, history, the narrative, every single detail, its just perfect, you will love this game
  6. May 9, 2016
    10
    One of the best video game storylines to date,this game is all about the narrative and it will provide you a fantastic story.
    The gameplay is also very good with vigors and various weapons changing the pace of the game.
    Very enjoyable game with no complains on my end,definitly get this one
  7. Apr 30, 2016
    10
    Поиграв в неё впервые,я как-то "не почувствовал",но потом (как бы странно это не было)мне приснился сон с Элизабет, я даже сомневаюсь,что это была она,и меня как БАХ,когда я проснулся,я был влюблён в игру и Элизабет.
    Сюжет и атмосфера лучшее,что есть в этой игре, в ней практически всё хорошо (личное мнение),придерусь,да и то не много,только к боёвке,на лёгком уровне сложности (особенно
    Поиграв в неё впервые,я как-то "не почувствовал",но потом (как бы странно это не было)мне приснился сон с Элизабет, я даже сомневаюсь,что это была она,и меня как БАХ,когда я проснулся,я был влюблён в игру и Элизабет.
    Сюжет и атмосфера лучшее,что есть в этой игре, в ней практически всё хорошо (личное мнение),придерусь,да и то не много,только к боёвке,на лёгком уровне сложности (особенно если проходишь не в первый раз) ужасно легко и скучновато в плане геймплея,сюжет всё также держит.На более высоких сложностях играется лучше,круче всего на сложном,а на сложности "1999" (вроде так называется,я хоть и люблю игру,но название сложностей не заучил,кроме стандартных) Просто хард,я умею играть в шутеры,но это реально очень сложно,если не искать все тайники.
    3 слова
    СЮЖЕТ
    АТМОСФЕРА
    ЭЛИЗАБЕТ
    Expand
  8. Mar 24, 2016
    9
    Dealing with controversial themes as well as a difficult time-travel aspect to the game, Bioshock Infinite stamps its authority on the first-person shooter genre and then some. A beautiful city to play through what I can only describe as the best storyline I have ever played in a game, leaves the player wanting more and more once it is done. Elizabeth is the best AI companion that you willDealing with controversial themes as well as a difficult time-travel aspect to the game, Bioshock Infinite stamps its authority on the first-person shooter genre and then some. A beautiful city to play through what I can only describe as the best storyline I have ever played in a game, leaves the player wanting more and more once it is done. Elizabeth is the best AI companion that you will ever play with as, not only can she take care of herself and is never a damsel in distress, she will assist you in finding health and salts for your vigors.

    Though the title 'Infinite' and some aspects of the story which I will not discuss does make it slightly disappointing that there are not more varieties of endings within the game, and the fact that you are on a track means you can't really explore the gorgeous city of Columbia, Bioshock Infinite is the highlight of the Bioshock series, and an absolute must-play.
    Expand
  9. Mar 24, 2016
    9
    I loved the atmosphere and the theme of the game. The game play itself was good as most, but what I really loved was the great storyline and very lovable characters.
  10. Mar 22, 2016
    8
    Infinite was an enjoyable mix-up for the series, very addicting too once you get going. The sky-line system was definitely better than anticipated, and they even included fighting mechanics. The world and atmosphere fit very well with the story and you feel involved in this unique place. The minor flaws include repetitive monsters and fights, but the game isn't too long so this isn't muchInfinite was an enjoyable mix-up for the series, very addicting too once you get going. The sky-line system was definitely better than anticipated, and they even included fighting mechanics. The world and atmosphere fit very well with the story and you feel involved in this unique place. The minor flaws include repetitive monsters and fights, but the game isn't too long so this isn't much of a bother. I have to say also with no spoilers included, the end boss fight was a let down for me. Expand
  11. Mar 19, 2016
    10
    I watched the top 10 stories in video games from watch mojo and thought I should try out this game because it came out in top.also the game looked pretty cool! :P so I bought the game and by god! I can tell you they were lieing! cause this game is more than THAT! this game makes you think about life! this game has the best gameplay,story and art! also the ending of the game will make youI watched the top 10 stories in video games from watch mojo and thought I should try out this game because it came out in top.also the game looked pretty cool! :P so I bought the game and by god! I can tell you they were lieing! cause this game is more than THAT! this game makes you think about life! this game has the best gameplay,story and art! also the ending of the game will make you think your entire life! this game is just awesome!
    Gameplay:9.5/10(gets a little repetitive in the middle of the game)
    Story:10/10
    Art:10/10
    Characters:11/10(elizabeth that's why)
    All around:12/10 would gladly make a man fly in the air again
    Expand
  12. Mar 15, 2016
    10
    A unique setting, memorable story and unforgettable characters make Infinite one of my favourite games of all time.
    Playing as Booker DeWitt, players must enter the city of Columbia to 'find the girl and wipe away the debt'.
    Gameplay features Columbia before combat, allowing the player to form a deeper connection with the city and to see it before collapse. Combat blends first-person
    A unique setting, memorable story and unforgettable characters make Infinite one of my favourite games of all time.
    Playing as Booker DeWitt, players must enter the city of Columbia to 'find the girl and wipe away the debt'.
    Gameplay features Columbia before combat, allowing the player to form a deeper connection with the city and to see it before collapse.
    Combat blends first-person shooter combat with vigours, which expand on the Plasmids from the original BioShock by including alternate modes for each one, such as the Crow Trap.
    It is the characters that really make this game the masterpiece it is, Elizabeth being one of the best AI partners in any game adds to the connection formed between Booker/the player and her.
    The end game twists and turns all come together to form a narrative that is both heartfelt and terrifying.
    With all the deals on the game now, and the promise of a HD rerelease on console, now is the best time to give BioShock Infinite a try
    Expand
  13. Jan 28, 2016
    9
    This game is amazing. My first playthrough I thought it was just okay, but replaying it made me completely fall in love with it. Great story-telling, great mechanics and controls, great abilities, and great action make this game one of the best of all time. Spectacularly engaging even if you don't enjoy shooters. My only complaint is that, because it is not an open-world game, itThis game is amazing. My first playthrough I thought it was just okay, but replaying it made me completely fall in love with it. Great story-telling, great mechanics and controls, great abilities, and great action make this game one of the best of all time. Spectacularly engaging even if you don't enjoy shooters. My only complaint is that, because it is not an open-world game, it doesn't seem like you get to fully explore Columbia.

    Cost me $3.40 on sale, played 35 hours. Super value.
    Expand
  14. Jan 18, 2016
    10
    Wuao! i just finished it, It is the best game i have ever played, i can't describe what im felling right now, but BioShock is one of those rare games that connect with something very deep in you.
    This game is a jewel, if you havent played yet, do yourself a favor.
  15. Dec 30, 2015
    9
    There are times when writing a review of a game is really difficult because you do not know how to use words to describe the beauty of the title. BioShock Infinite is, well, one of those.
  16. Dec 12, 2015
    8
    Gameplay : 8
    Graphics : 8
    Story : 9
    Sound : 9
    **********************************************************************************
    Overall : 8
  17. Dec 1, 2015
    10
    Absolutely beautiful the game, stunning graphicss, you wanna is stop and look around you, highly recommended I'm a huge fan of BioShock series, the downside is the 2 arms system could be nicer your companion can at least hold your guns or at least one extra, Some people complain about alternative endings but they just wanna ending the series with this one last game, This game isAbsolutely beautiful the game, stunning graphicss, you wanna is stop and look around you, highly recommended I'm a huge fan of BioShock series, the downside is the 2 arms system could be nicer your companion can at least hold your guns or at least one extra, Some people complain about alternative endings but they just wanna ending the series with this one last game, This game is essentially if you're a hardcore gamer or anyone who likes a nice fresh story. Expand
  18. Nov 21, 2015
    9
    Game: Bioshock Infinite
    Genre: First Person Shooting - Horror
    Developer: 2K Games System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 93/100 Value Score: 9.3/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Main protagonist actually has a personality/character compared to
    Game: Bioshock Infinite
    Genre: First Person Shooting - Horror
    Developer: 2K Games
    System: Steam (PC)
    Total Score: 93/100
    Value Score: 9.3/10

    • Story: 10/10
    • Characters: 10/10
    • GamePlay: 9/10
    • Graphics: 9/10
    • Sound: 10/10
    • Music: 8/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

    Pros
    +Main protagonist actually has a personality/character compared to the first two Bioshock games
    +The buddy system with Elizabeth is a unique and fresh breath of air to the series
    +The setting and environment is nicely done - has a mixture of the dark atmosphere that BS1 had and a unique colorful vibrant atmosphere as well unique to the game
    +The DLC consists of two episodes which continues the storyline but with a twst and also contains a arena mode type of mini game allowing you to challenge yourself in combat
    +The story adds humor and dramatic story telling compared to the previous games
    +Voice acting is fantastic and goes well with the storytelling
    +Many key elements from the original Bioshock games come back both in the main game and in the DLC

    Cons
    -In the main campaign you can only carry two weapons at a time however in the DLC you can carry as many like in Bioshock 1
    -Not many mini games in Infinite compared to Bioshock 1 except until episode 2 of Burial at Sea DLC
    -Difficulty in Bioshock Infinite gun game combat is easier than previous games
    -There are some lazy designs in some of the models such as the environment (i.e. Apples in a basket)
    Expand
  19. Nov 16, 2015
    8
    Sorry but the gameplay in this is mediocre. The actual FPS shooting action is extremely unsatisfying and feels similar to the earlier Bioshock games with not much evolution.

    Everything else about this game is awesome however! It's setting is intriguing and classy. The graphics and sound are spot on and the characters in it are all great fun. Even if Booker is slightly cliche as the
    Sorry but the gameplay in this is mediocre. The actual FPS shooting action is extremely unsatisfying and feels similar to the earlier Bioshock games with not much evolution.

    Everything else about this game is awesome however! It's setting is intriguing and classy. The graphics and sound are spot on and the characters in it are all great fun. Even if Booker is slightly cliche as the alcoholic PTSD veteran.

    Elizabeth steals the show, she's probably worth a significant chunk of the score alone! The little magpie songbird, bless her...
    Expand
  20. Nov 13, 2015
    8
    Bioshock was a great game and this is a worthy sequel, you get invested in the plot and characters easily game play is good all the controls work fine I suppose some people may have a hard time following the plot but I didn’t and thought It was great although what’s happening isn’t really the focus of the game as much as the back and forth between booker and Elizabeth. The weapons are lessBioshock was a great game and this is a worthy sequel, you get invested in the plot and characters easily game play is good all the controls work fine I suppose some people may have a hard time following the plot but I didn’t and thought It was great although what’s happening isn’t really the focus of the game as much as the back and forth between booker and Elizabeth. The weapons are less then creative and while some of the powers are fun to use they don’t have the same punch as in bioshock and I mostly ended up using guns the entire time, the environment is a stark contrast to rapture but I like that because it fits the narrative better and well I let you play it to figure out the rest. Oh and its very pretty though graphics mean nothing to me but it made me notice so i guess i should say so, this is also the first time i have ever had a support in a game i wanted to have around.Overall it’s a great game well worth my money and as far as I’m concerned it’s the only sequel to bioshock and deserves that spot. Expand
  21. Nov 3, 2015
    9
    This game is AMAZING! You are Booker DeWitt and your job is to get the girl to remove the debt. Right away when you enter the city of Columbia you are captured by the great city. As you venture further you see the racist and diverse side of Columbia and you notice a corrupt man by the name of comstock. When you get Elizabeth she is no princess but someone with smarts that will help youThis game is AMAZING! You are Booker DeWitt and your job is to get the girl to remove the debt. Right away when you enter the city of Columbia you are captured by the great city. As you venture further you see the racist and diverse side of Columbia and you notice a corrupt man by the name of comstock. When you get Elizabeth she is no princess but someone with smarts that will help you through the game. She picks lock finds and gives u health ammo and salts during battle so you can like longer. She also finds money you may have missed. The vigors give you the ability to do special things like real in your opponents or burn them. You can only hold 2 weapons at once besides the melee which sucks but really the only bad thing about this game. Also Elizabeth can open things called tears which she can open so you can have a wall, turret, platform just to name a few. The final thing is THE SKYLINE!
    The skyline is soooooooooo much fun. You can use it to transport place to place. shoot from above. Escape near death and most importantly do the sexiest attack ever! You insta-kill the opponent and it looks sooo cool. Overall this game is a 10 out of 10 and 100% a must buy!
    Expand
  22. Nov 1, 2015
    10
    Bioshock Infinite on PC looks far superior to consoles and makes the overall experience that much better. The textures are not just sharper but also have extra fine detail not found on consoles. The gameplay, setting, story and characters are all top notch. One of the defining moments of last gen.
  23. Oct 30, 2015
    8
    The history of this game is very very good, but the game itself its not that great because of recycled enemies it makes it a shooting gallery with the same enemies all tthe entire expierence. On the other hand graphics are beautiful, the main characters are superb , top notch voive acting and music.
  24. Oct 27, 2015
    10
    One of the most immersive games i played. The way the story was told was incredible beautiful and damn right immersive. I was soo into it i finished the game in one go. Still hoping i would play a similar story told game.
  25. Oct 24, 2015
    10
    Simply one of the best games ever made, with one of the best stories ever told. There's not much to be said that would not ruin anything, though there is a warning: If you like the ending of the vanilla game, then do not play the Buried at Sea DLC. Especially avoid the second episode in that case.
  26. Oct 23, 2015
    10
    Este juego me ha enamorado en todos sus aspectos, no puedo resaltar ninguno, porque todos están resaltados para mi. Es atrapante en todos los sentidos. Brutal.
  27. Oct 17, 2015
    10
    내 인생게임 TOP 5에서 당당히 1위인 작품. 스토리 그래픽 미장센 모든것이 완벽했습니다.
    무기소지가 두개로 한정되어서 불편하고 DLC 1부가 무리수가 있었다는것은 맞지만 본편인 바이오쇼크 인피니트에서 보여준 퍼포먼스는 역대 어느 게임과도 뒤쳐지지않을 역사에 남을 명작입니다.
  28. Sep 27, 2015
    10
    With it's heavy themes, impressive visuals, great soundtrack, fluid gameplay, and compelling story, Bioshock Infinite is one of the best single player experiences i've had. The level and art design for this game are top-notch and give a completely new visual and gameplay experience for each environment. The sub-antagonist songbird adds an even more threatening atmosphere to the alreadyWith it's heavy themes, impressive visuals, great soundtrack, fluid gameplay, and compelling story, Bioshock Infinite is one of the best single player experiences i've had. The level and art design for this game are top-notch and give a completely new visual and gameplay experience for each environment. The sub-antagonist songbird adds an even more threatening atmosphere to the already twisted world of Columbia. The songbird's steampunk metal body backed up with its haunting shrieks and cries create one of the most compelling and terrifying enemies in a videogame. With the game's haunting atmosphere and great storytelling, you are left with an unforgettable gem in single-player FPS. Expand
  29. Sep 21, 2015
    9
    This deserves the best game of 2013. The atmosphere draws you in with its characters and setting. You want to hate the main villain. You want to guard Elizabeth from danger. The ending will leave you speechless and probably but confused but play through it again to figure out what's happening. Buy this game.
  30. Sep 10, 2015
    8
    This would get a perfect score from me if it wasn't for just one pretty major flaw - but we'll come to that later, because it is quite literally the only downside this otherwise perfect game has.

    Yes, perfect, In an age where first-person shooters are giving up the ghost and binning single-player campaigns entirely (bloody Battlefront, I'm looking at you), Bioshock Infinite proved not
    This would get a perfect score from me if it wasn't for just one pretty major flaw - but we'll come to that later, because it is quite literally the only downside this otherwise perfect game has.

    Yes, perfect, In an age where first-person shooters are giving up the ghost and binning single-player campaigns entirely (bloody Battlefront, I'm looking at you), Bioshock Infinite proved not only could it be done well, but it can blow away anything else the genre has to offer in terms of offering a quintessential gaming experience.

    The graphics are, of course, stunning, but it's the artistic direction which makes this game so good. You are drawn into this world hook, line and sinker - it's visual beauty contrasting sublimely with the ugly violence. Every character has depth, every plot point means something, and it all builds to a climactic finale that it would be an actual crime to spoil for you.

    When people talk about video games as art and point to 'walking simulator' boring crap as examples of it, the reason I personally scorn at them is because of Bioshock Infinite - which is ACTUAL gaming art. A complete masterpiece, offering a totally immersive experience while giving you actual gameplay.

    Which is why it's a bloody shame the actual shooting mechanics are so damn mediocre! For me, the core mechanics of a game are so central to the experience that it takes two whole points off the score. The gunplay isn't "bad" as such, just... average. The vigors aren't as impactful as the previous titles in the series and the guns are phoned in and lack any imagination and spark, which is doubly surprising given the inventiveness of the universe itself.

    But it sort of doesn't matter. This is definitely a case of a game where the overwhelming positives drown out the one big negative, and does so with ease.

    This game is now over two years old and obviously no bugger is going to read this, but I had to leave the review anyway. The game is a masterpiece. If you haven't played it, bloody hell, do so, and lament the fact that you probably won't play its' like again unless a Half Life 3 comes out, because the AAA gaming studios have decided that unless a game is multi-player and a military shooter, there's no point in making it. Urgh...
    Expand
  31. Sep 10, 2015
    9
    This game is absolutley stellar. The graphics are fantastic(they are not photorealistic, they are highly stylized). The gameplay is spot on. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things. Lots of action. If you like bioshock, heck if you love video games get this! The only thing I would say that is apparant in some negative reviews is that if you are a HARDCORE shooterThis game is absolutley stellar. The graphics are fantastic(they are not photorealistic, they are highly stylized). The gameplay is spot on. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things. Lots of action. If you like bioshock, heck if you love video games get this! The only thing I would say that is apparant in some negative reviews is that if you are a HARDCORE shooter fan that only enjoys photorealistic graphics and games that are similar to call of duty then this may not be for you. It isnt the most serious shooter in the world. But if you play things other than call of duty then get this! you wont be dissapointed. Looks amazing on a good gaming pc! Easily one of the best games of 2013! Expand
  32. Aug 25, 2015
    10
    Soooooooo refreshing! With Bioshock Infinite I got everything I expected and more. I have played all earlier Bioshock titles and as much as they did not impress me, I think this particular game is extraordinary. It provides the old Bioshock formula with adding its own spin on everything else. Nowadays it is very hard to surprise me with a game and Bioshock Infinite made me realise againSoooooooo refreshing! With Bioshock Infinite I got everything I expected and more. I have played all earlier Bioshock titles and as much as they did not impress me, I think this particular game is extraordinary. It provides the old Bioshock formula with adding its own spin on everything else. Nowadays it is very hard to surprise me with a game and Bioshock Infinite made me realise again that there is always a way to be innovative and creative. It just takes the right people to pull the strings. I experienced no bugs and no irritation whatsoever, just pure joy of playing. As such, this game deserves to be cherished by the gamers. In my opinion already has a legendary status, that is 10/10 exemplary in terms of how to make a singleplayer pc game. In my opinion it is the 2nd fpp game to reach a note of 10 since Far Cry 3.

    Story
    It pulled me in like few games did. Only because of real life tribulations I had to leave the Bioshock Infinite world that is one of a kind. A wonderful fruit of a great mind. I basicly stopped caring about all other stuff I had installed on my HDD at that time. Ending is pretty weak but can`t ruin the overall strong 18 hours of playthrough.
    At first the story is a little slow, then after 30 minutes it picks up. The action is well paced, the breaks between it are great. There is a nice twist, even just about I though it was to close, something happens and the gamer has to deal with different circumstances.
    I found Booker DeWitt to be very well portrayed, even though the player doesn`t see his protagonist. He speaks often in cutscenes, he is clever. Every sensation, every feeling of DeWitt is passed through to the player which leaves an excellent impression. The gamer becomes De Witt as soon as he enters the game world and stays him until the very end.
    Althrough DeWitt is very good, he is not the main character. The main character is Elizabeth. She is perfect. Since Half Life 2 I have never seen a sidekick as good as this. She`s been made perfectly both as story pillar and as gameplay support.
    Elizabeth is everything a real woman is. She is smart, naive, sensitive, loving and charming. She loves to dance, cries, laughs. She enriches the story tenfold and is never annoying. Her unstable relationship with DeWitt is believable and fun like a good lovestory. You see her going about and by the 2nd scene you literally start to think she`s a living woman inside the game. You can get iritated, you can fall in love with her or feel like her father only because she is so believable. At the same time she is a great teammate. She does not need any nursing. In fact, she nurses DeWitt from time to time, handling him ammo, money, salts or health. Every moment along the way you both go, she shows her fears so you pick up on it and feel similar.
    Dialogues between the two leave nothing to be desired.

    Graphics
    Upgraded Bioshock 1 engine. Looks excellent even in 2015 and plays well on old hardware.
    There are some low quality textures here and there but not very often, you`d have to really look for it. Every other texture is great. Also the environment is not destructible. However besides that there is this overwhelming attention to detail. Rooms look excellent, open areas look great. Shadows and lightning work is spot on. The color pallette is little cartoonish so to say, but you get used to it pretty quickly.
    Model textures look very good, even singular stitches or patches on clothes. Any model is acceptable whereas Elizabeth looks like creating her took away most of the resources. Her clothes and hair have their own simple physics, she has a whole set of facial animations. By looking at her model a human mind instinctively reads all the emotions that she is supposed to feel, nothing looks wrong here.
    Guns show reflections and are well detailed. Every gun has its own animation. Explosions and all other effects are of exemplary quality.

    Interface/Gameplay
    Takes some time to get used to. Fairly easy, not complicated, using as few buttons as possible. Suitable for mouse & keyboard playing. Responsive and smooth.
    There are all guntypes I would imagine mandatory for a fpp game. At first standard stuff that changes in time you progress. As in other Bioshocks, you can do guns only or vigors only or mix it up if you want. The game introduces you to every type and in time you are able to use the equipment effectively.

    Music/Voices
    Could not have been done better. Plays along with everything that is shown to the player. Causes to reflect upon the story, enriches the world and characters. Voicework is top notch.
    Expand
  33. Aug 22, 2015
    9
    I don't like FPS and mostly I don't like killing people (even if fictional) in general and I think that is the reason why I was able to dive so deep on this title's story.

    The game itself is pretty easy (there are modes beyond normal difficulty, so probably FPS fans may enjoy better with them), and that's actually a good thing because you can concentrate on story and story fragments
    I don't like FPS and mostly I don't like killing people (even if fictional) in general and I think that is the reason why I was able to dive so deep on this title's story.

    The game itself is pretty easy (there are modes beyond normal difficulty, so probably FPS fans may enjoy better with them), and that's actually a good thing because you can concentrate on story and story fragments since plot is where this game excels (and I mean it). Everything start slow but, progressing, events rush to a point you're disoriented and speechless. Every word added there would be a spoiler, so I'd better keep my mouth shout.

    Graphics are excellent, one of the best use of Unreal Engine 3 you can ever see and with great performance. Sound compartment is flawless too, both on effects and music.

    There are only 2 things I didn't like which strip the 10/10 from this title: Elizabeth being too "unrealistic" or doll-like and too much playtime to finish the game, I'd like to have probably a little more than half of the 15h it took for me to complete the story line (I got bored halfway through).
    For me this game is 9/10 though.

    To recap, totally recommended to anyone on any OS (run with excellent performance on linux too), this was one of the best game I ever played.
    Expand
  34. Aug 13, 2015
    10
    I was never really interested in the Bioshock series due to its art theme and gameplay system in Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Therefore I didn't really pay attention to Bioshock Infinite despite the crazily high score critics and reviewers are giving the game. The reason why I play this game is that I have finished all the games I want to play this summer and I still have time. I'm totallyI was never really interested in the Bioshock series due to its art theme and gameplay system in Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Therefore I didn't really pay attention to Bioshock Infinite despite the crazily high score critics and reviewers are giving the game. The reason why I play this game is that I have finished all the games I want to play this summer and I still have time. I'm totally amazed by how good the game is. The graphics are gorgeous, the gameplay is smooth and fun, and the story is one of the best I have ever seen. The shooting can be a little tedious at times in the middle and later part of the game, but the difficulty of the combat grasps my attention well enough to go through the confusing development of the plot. The ending doesn't seem to make sense at first, but after reading some articles about it and then playing a second time, I fully understand and appreciate how good the story line is. It's basically the inception among games. The navigation can be really frustrating as it keeps telling me to get on the skyline and slide around in circles for no reason. Still, nothing really takes away the thrill and excitement of this masterpiece. Expand
  35. Aug 11, 2015
    10
    After watching the ending i was like high for almost up to 48hrs. hasn't got much to say but this is the best game i ever had in my life. If i desperately have to make critics with this, Elizabeth supporting Booker with so many things does make things a bit easier and less tense compared to the original Bioshock and this is probably why infinite has lower meta score. The character ofAfter watching the ending i was like high for almost up to 48hrs. hasn't got much to say but this is the best game i ever had in my life. If i desperately have to make critics with this, Elizabeth supporting Booker with so many things does make things a bit easier and less tense compared to the original Bioshock and this is probably why infinite has lower meta score. The character of Elizabeth however is worth much more than the tension and challenge i enjoyed in the original game, at least for me. Expand
  36. Aug 10, 2015
    8
    Amazing Fps game that stay true to the promise of the genre to which it belongs, good gameplay and story. Somebody say the graphic is not so good etcc.... WHO CARES, please stop to focus on graphics, push the software company to enrich the game itself and not the embellishments.
  37. Jul 15, 2015
    10
    An incredible adventure. The story is one of the best in gaming, the gameplay isn't broken or screwed, like most games nowadays, the characters are ones of which you actually care about. Play this. Just... play it.
  38. Jun 24, 2015
    10
    more a piece of art than a shooter game. bioshock infinite is a gorgeous thrill ride with plenty of epic story lines,beautiful environments, and fun combat to keep you intrigued through the long and rewarding campaign.
  39. Jun 24, 2015
    9
    What an amazing comeback to the BioShock series. BioShock Infinite is a beautiful game and instead of taking you into the depths of Rapture, now it is up in the skies of Columbia!

    The story is brilliant with its plot twists, loop holes, truths spilling out right in front of you! Ken Levine (the writer of the BioShock series) has really brought the house down with BioShock Infinite's
    What an amazing comeback to the BioShock series. BioShock Infinite is a beautiful game and instead of taking you into the depths of Rapture, now it is up in the skies of Columbia!

    The story is brilliant with its plot twists, loop holes, truths spilling out right in front of you! Ken Levine (the writer of the BioShock series) has really brought the house down with BioShock Infinite's storytelling

    The graphics, are beautiful! Once again I have to say the developers did it again with the opening! One of the most beautiful and amazing openings I have seen in a game, entering Columbia's pathways made me feel like I was part of Columbia and if in the future someone does come up with this idea, I'm all in! Your side companion, Elizabeth is actually the only side companion I actually enjoyed staying with, she will look for ammo and health as well as salts to help you whilst you are shooting your way through the tons of enemies the game throws at you

    The skyline, what an amazing ride it was! Riding on the skyline was one of the most enjoyable bits I enjoyed in the game. Although a bit hard to master at first, you will soon get the hang of it! The Songbird, holy ♥♥♥♥, this massive bird that you see half way through the game is absolutely terrifying! With its loud screech and creepy eyes, it will surely send shivers down you're spine when you meet the Songbird for the first time! The Boy of Silence, one of the most terrifying bits in the game. And especially that bit! (People who have played the game, you know what I mean!)

    Return to Rapture, although you never see Rapture until half way through the game, it makes me happy to see it back once again. Also note that Big Daddies and Little Sisters are non-existent in this game.

    The game does take a dark side to it, the game unlike it predecessor deals with racism, discrimination, extreme religion and very serious and mature hot topics which involves the White race having all the fun whilst the Black race and other "lowlifes" that are in the slum areas of Columbia be treated like dirt, which some people may find offensive. Also some people may find the violence to be a little too graphic and may find it disturbing to watch/play

    I hardly noticed any glitches or bugs, the only bug I encountered with was half way through the game, whilst rowing to a lighthouse the audio of the rowing paddles with the water were glitching out a bit and making a loud water sound effect muffling all the other voice actors

    This game is absolutely brilliant and it is a big change from what was in BioShock and BioShock 2 and hopefully we may see more of the BioShock series in the near future!

    Now, bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt.
    Expand
  40. Jun 16, 2015
    10
    This is the single greatest game of my life the environment, the feeling, the story, Elizabeth everything! it gives a an amazing experience! you can't call yourself a gamer if you don't play this game! its funny, i bought this game for testing my new graphics card, after a little bit of playing i completely forgot about my new graphics card :D

    The graphics aren't high in terms of
    This is the single greatest game of my life the environment, the feeling, the story, Elizabeth everything! it gives a an amazing experience! you can't call yourself a gamer if you don't play this game! its funny, i bought this game for testing my new graphics card, after a little bit of playing i completely forgot about my new graphics card :D

    The graphics aren't high in terms of texture or being realistic, but people specially Elizabeth's face are detailed and they show emotions very good! (expect random people in the city, they look like the meme cat)
    Expand
  41. May 23, 2015
    10
    BioShock Infinite a masterpiece of the series and a nature show The graphics are fantastic gameplay controls liked also liked history and animals that game and to man better than Minecraft
  42. May 19, 2015
    8
    Bioshock Infinite is the third Bioshock title and takes place in 1912 where you play as Booker DeWitt an investigator that is sent to find a girl named Elizabeth in a floating city called Columbia to erase his debt. The game play is a little weaker than the first two games as you can only use two weapons at a time. The weapons are a little bit boring. The atmosphere in Infinite is veryBioshock Infinite is the third Bioshock title and takes place in 1912 where you play as Booker DeWitt an investigator that is sent to find a girl named Elizabeth in a floating city called Columbia to erase his debt. The game play is a little weaker than the first two games as you can only use two weapons at a time. The weapons are a little bit boring. The atmosphere in Infinite is very different than the first two games as it takes place in a city in the sky. You don't have to play the first two games to understand Infinite. The story is quite confusing and the ending is mind-blowing. The game is quite different from it's predecessors. Expand
  43. Apr 8, 2015
    10
    A totally fantastic game.
    a deep story with a nice writing script
    stunning atmosphere of the city Columbus
    impressive characters in the game
    super power is always fun to use
    skyhooks are awesome and gave player some high speed experience
    must be the best Fps shooter in 2013
  44. Apr 4, 2015
    10
    ...Masterpiece. BioShock Infinite ascends to heaven in a literal and figurative sense: it is the most intelligent, beautiful and absolutely unattainable for rivals shooter.
  45. Mar 16, 2015
    10
    Kill all the racists!

    Pros: The gameplay represents what First Person Shooters are all about, fast paced action with all sorts of crazy abilities and weapons. Infinite gets this perfectly in addition with decent control. The graphics, while not totally realistic, look fantastic. The lighting is some of the best lighting in all of video games and the art is mesmerizing to look at
    Kill all the racists!

    Pros:
    The gameplay represents what First Person Shooters are all about, fast paced action with all sorts of crazy abilities and weapons. Infinite gets this perfectly in addition with decent control.
    The graphics, while not totally realistic, look fantastic. The lighting is some of the best lighting in all of video games and the art is mesmerizing to look at around every corner.
    The story that is told in Infinite is incredible. While the plot itself is fairly simple: "Bring us the girl, wipe away the debt", its the interactions and the facial animations that bring the game to life. The voice acting is also very believable and really invested me in the game.
    There are a few themes that are covered in this game, for example, racism and religion. I felt like these were covered quite well. In fact, because of a racist part in the beginning, my other personal objective was to kill EVERYONE as I believed them all to be racist.

    BioShock Infinite is one of the best games I have ever played and was definitely my Game of the Year in 2013. It was also the first game I played that I applauded. :D

    10/10
    Expand
  46. Mar 12, 2015
    10
    This is a brilliant game gripping storyline and graphics well cared for, I was fine for the playability and its particular atmosphere enveloping everything where the impossible becomes (reality) in this particular virtual place. The underlying theme of the first chapters continues even in this chapter and in some moments nearly thrilling.
  47. Mar 11, 2015
    9
    Bioshock Infinite is a FPS developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released on March 26, 2013 on PC, X360 and PS3. The game begins somewhere in 1912 when the protagonist Booker DeWitt, was sent to the floating city of Columbia, to find a young girl named Elizabeth, who was trapped in a tower in the shape of an angel. The game stands quite well on the story,Bioshock Infinite is a FPS developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released on March 26, 2013 on PC, X360 and PS3. The game begins somewhere in 1912 when the protagonist Booker DeWitt, was sent to the floating city of Columbia, to find a young girl named Elizabeth, who was trapped in a tower in the shape of an angel. The game stands quite well on the story, characters and voice acting with a good development during jocului.Tot once the story is more complicated than in others. In terms of gameplay is much better compared to its predecessors, it's running on the engine from Unreal, Unreal Engine 3 especially one graphics are gorgeous, with many landscapes that can leave you stunned. Music and sound are very well chosen, taking to make you feel like in the years 1912. In conclusion it is a good game, getting to be a number you do not have to leave, especially if you are a gamer. Expand
  48. Mar 6, 2015
    9
    I started this the very moment it came out, and only finished it now, almost 2 years later.. at around 80% I stopped playing for a while. I now regret not having pulled through immediately, WHAT an ending. Very good game, lots of awesome views, Elizabeth is just unique, and well.. It fully lives up to Bioshock 2 and 1.

    Still just 9 / 10 and not 10 / 10, some passages were way too
    I started this the very moment it came out, and only finished it now, almost 2 years later.. at around 80% I stopped playing for a while. I now regret not having pulled through immediately, WHAT an ending. Very good game, lots of awesome views, Elizabeth is just unique, and well.. It fully lives up to Bioshock 2 and 1.

    Still just 9 / 10 and not 10 / 10, some passages were way too shooter-focused, I would have traded a bit less combat with a bit more story / talks at some points.

    Go play it.
    Expand
  49. Mar 4, 2015
    9
    This game is a work of art, just like I expected it to be from playing the other games. It does an incredible job immersing the player in a fictitious setting in a time where most of us weren't alive during. The plot is well-written. Gameplay feels nice and solid. I've completed the game on 1999 mode and the difficulty felt just right. I've yet to try the "Burial at Sea" dlc. I enjoyedThis game is a work of art, just like I expected it to be from playing the other games. It does an incredible job immersing the player in a fictitious setting in a time where most of us weren't alive during. The plot is well-written. Gameplay feels nice and solid. I've completed the game on 1999 mode and the difficulty felt just right. I've yet to try the "Burial at Sea" dlc. I enjoyed Rapture, so I'm excited to get started on the dlc and see Rapture again with prettier graphics. Btw, the graphics are gorgeous; not realistic, but very stylish. Unfortunately I can't rate this game 10/10, for technical inconvenience reasons... The FOV slider at maximum is too narrow. There are stutters that weren't present in the previous games. That's all. Both problems can be alleviated by tweaking a couple of config files (yay!), but it's still an inconvenience. Anyway, really like the game, even if it's not quite as good as the previous games setting-wise and story-wise. Everyone needs to play it. Expand
  50. Mar 2, 2015
    10
    This game blew my mind. The story is one thing, but I think the most amazing thing here is the setting. Colombia is simply breathtaking. I'm about to play through a second time to just walk around. this is definitely on my top 5 list of video games.
  51. Mar 1, 2015
    10
    It was my first single player FPS and was a excellent experience. Excellent graphics even when I can't play it maxed. I haven't understood the ending nor who was Comstock but I had fun and that's what matters. Elizabeth is very helpful in battles providing health and ammo and Columbia is very well designed.
  52. Feb 27, 2015
    10
    One of the best games I ever played, following all the greatness from the first 2 games (Bioshock 1 & 2). Great graphics, great gameplay and magnificent story. Thanks for more this game, 2K!
  53. Feb 26, 2015
    10
    If you ever ask me what my favorite game of all-time is, without a doubt i would say BioShock Infinite, I think this game is as close to perfection as a game can ever get because it's able to immerse you so well and create an environment that gives you so much to do and learn and play with.

    You can use and combine powers called Vigors, you can pick and choose your weapons to suit how
    If you ever ask me what my favorite game of all-time is, without a doubt i would say BioShock Infinite, I think this game is as close to perfection as a game can ever get because it's able to immerse you so well and create an environment that gives you so much to do and learn and play with.

    You can use and combine powers called Vigors, you can pick and choose your weapons to suit how you like to play, and creates such a great and in-depth story that you can't help but fall in love with it. The combat plays a lot like the previous Bioshocks but it's upgraded even greater. The characters are very 3 dimensional and you can't help but feel bad for them throughout the entire thing. And the ending...wow, I don't think a game has ever blown my mind so much before. While this game doesn't have choice endings like the other Bioshocks, this ending more than makes up for it.

    Basically, this game easily earns the 10/10 score and I think it'll be really hard to find another game that sets the bar higher than BioShock Infinite has. This game has changed the way I look at games for years to come, and hopefully it does the same for you.
    Expand
  54. Feb 25, 2015
    10
    People always ask me why i play games instead of watching movies. Well, it's because games like these just blow me away. The story, the feeling, the graphics, the atmosphere... Its like you're the main character of the best movie you've ever seen. You are so actively involved in the story. People who think negative about this game are maybe not mature enough to understand. The gameplay mayPeople always ask me why i play games instead of watching movies. Well, it's because games like these just blow me away. The story, the feeling, the graphics, the atmosphere... Its like you're the main character of the best movie you've ever seen. You are so actively involved in the story. People who think negative about this game are maybe not mature enough to understand. The gameplay may not be the most interesting but the story/feeling is just incredible. I can say that this is the best book ive red, the best movie ive seen and the best game ive played. Absolutely my favorite. Expand
  55. Feb 19, 2015
    9
    This game is excellent for FPS fans who're not into the chaos of warfare that CoD provides.

    The pros: 1- beautiful atmosphere. 2- Well set battles, Smooth game mechanics and a Varied play style 3- Voice acting, Characterization and Story line The cons: 1- The way Bioshock Infinite lays down its story. 2- No actual Boss battles. I am a big fan of this game, only played this
    This game is excellent for FPS fans who're not into the chaos of warfare that CoD provides.

    The pros:
    1- beautiful atmosphere.
    2- Well set battles, Smooth game mechanics and a Varied play style
    3- Voice acting, Characterization and Story line

    The cons:
    1- The way Bioshock Infinite lays down its story.
    2- No actual Boss battles.

    I am a big fan of this game, only played this edition and its episodes, the downside is that the story really comes together if one finds and listens carefully to 90% of the Voxophones and listens to all of Elizabeth's conversations, which are interesting but as FPS goes I got absorbed in scavenging and shooting to actually care about all of that, when the final stage arrived I found out that I had imagined many parts of the story that cannot be true, so I read explanations that spoiled the real story for me.

    Nevertheless I played it on 1999 mode and observed how the story came together again, who were the important characters and what were their roles, so replay-ability made up for my bad experience with its ending.

    Story line is mind blowing, it's along with The Last of Us as best story telling for me, only it was more compelling to explore and marvel at its absurd premises and conclusions, the voice acting is top notch and Elizabeth implies this 3rd person aspect to the game where she's always moving and interacting with my surroundings, along with the interesting Booker Dewitt I never felt like I'm driving floating arms in a FPS, it felt more engaging than some 3rd person shooters actually.

    The atmosphere especially in the first stage is absorbing, I felt that the game is daring to some of my deepest beliefs and concepts and provides characters with more background behind their motives, it's dark and it almost felt like pinching me in the sides and bringing my eyes closer as I played tentatively, that's where the magic of Bioshock is, more imaginative designs and more surprises and mysteries that kept me wandering at its shores wondering if I really should dare move forward before I did, unlike even The last of us which had a great story but in many occasions I couldn't wait to get to the finish because it's all predictable, this game was anything but predictable to me.

    Some people complained that the boss battles are recycled, well apart from the Handyman whom appears 4 times during the game, there are no bosses, there are super soldiers who have no sign atop them but are in fact more lethal than even the Patriot, so there isn't a standard for bosses in this game aside from the somewhat recycled handyman.

    Game mechanics flow blissfully, unlike Dishonored where you could save game at any instant you desire (in order to replay any situation) this game only has checkpoints, but when the player dies he's revived almost instantly, he loses some of his cash and all the characters he's defeated stay dead and the ones he's wounded heal, which makes every encounter counts because there's basically no going back in some situations yet that doesn't stop or hinder one's game because one can always beat the enemy no matter the many tries it takes (unless one's out of cash).

    I only mourn the scarcity of boss battles in this game and the fact that it never explains how crucial are its voxophones or random conversations, aside from that it could have been better (which applies to all games) but its still my most enjoyable experience on a PS3.
    Expand
  56. Feb 10, 2015
    9
    The gameplay is actually the weakest point of the game (still not bad though), but everything else is impressive. The story, the setting, graphics, voice acting and the writing are quite impressive. Probably one of the most interesting games of 2013.
  57. sft
    Feb 9, 2015
    10
    Rapture in Columbia

    The first Bioshock game was a remarkable achievement. Bioshock 2 expanded on the first and was equally good. With BIOSHOCK INFINITE, Irrational Games have surpassed their previous efforts and produced a game that is better than the first two in all but one way (we’ll come to that later). BI looks fantastic. The aerial city of Columbia is quite literally stunning to
    Rapture in Columbia

    The first Bioshock game was a remarkable achievement. Bioshock 2 expanded on the first and was equally good. With BIOSHOCK INFINITE, Irrational Games have surpassed their previous efforts and produced a game that is better than the first two in all but one way (we’ll come to that later). BI looks fantastic. The aerial city of Columbia is quite literally stunning to look at. Visually the game is a work of art, with some of the most amazing design and use of colour that I’ve ever seen in a game. The story, although not directly related to the first two games, is as strong as ever, as is the voice acting. The combat will be familiar to those who have played B1 or 2, although the more open environment of Columbia and the ability to use the Sky-Line system makes many of the set-pieces more fluid and dynamic. The weapons are different and now the plasmids are called Vigors and are replenished by the use of salts but overall the feel of the combat is quite similar to the two previous games. A major difference, however, is that the player now has a companion. Elizabeth is with you throughout much of the game and although she does not take part in any combat she does assist in other ways and she also provides a conversational foil for the playable character, who also speaks in this instalment. The only thing I missed when playing this game were the Splicers. In Bioshock 1 and 2 the bizarre ramblings of these twisted individuals were a joy to hear and they produced much of the games’ humour. There is humour in BI but not as much as I would have liked. That said it’s really the only criticism I have of the game and it’s more than compensated for by all that’s good about it.
    Expand
  58. Feb 2, 2015
    9
    After trying Bioshock and leaving Bioshock 2 alone (because I never liked Bioshock), I tried Bioshock Infinite.
    It blew my mind away...
    Story This game has a rich and captivating story. It has great characters that you learn over the course of the game. I especially loved the weird twists in the game, the mysterious pair popping up once in a while with some riddle you will solve when
    After trying Bioshock and leaving Bioshock 2 alone (because I never liked Bioshock), I tried Bioshock Infinite.
    It blew my mind away...

    Story
    This game has a rich and captivating story. It has great characters that you learn over the course of the game. I especially loved the weird twists in the game, the mysterious pair popping up once in a while with some riddle you will solve when playing on.
    The ending was so weird, it came as a revelation that had blown my mind.

    Gameplay
    Is as good as any shooter, with low sensitivity it shoots away great.
    The "spells" you have are funny and useful, and they look great.
    Sometimes it's a bit of a mystery how they work exactly, but this makes it really fun to experiment and discover.

    I also loved the rails you can glide onto, it adds another dimension to combat.
    The rail controls are very logic as well, making it very comfortable to hop on a rail and assassinate a target from the air (this is also very satisfying)!

    Graphics
    Truly mesmerizing. The environment is weird with all the flying platforms, and they create the right atmosphere you need for a psycho first person shooter. The views are stunning.

    The spells are looking great and distinctive, no copy of other games (save for Bioshock ofcourse).

    Audio
    Does support the atmosphere. Pretty scary at times, but enthralling and immersive.

    Conclusion
    Overall a great game to play and finish, with a great psychological story that is going to blow your mind!
    9/10.
    Expand
  59. Jan 22, 2015
    9
    I still have mixed feelings about the game . After beating the game myself and after watching this video . And so I now have to attempt to get Bioshock 1 and 2 to fully understand this . This game was an absolute "MASTERPIECE",don't get me wrong but the shier complexity of the story or without the knowledge of the previous games or just with the **** near-to-un-understandable ending , theI still have mixed feelings about the game . After beating the game myself and after watching this video . And so I now have to attempt to get Bioshock 1 and 2 to fully understand this . This game was an absolute "MASTERPIECE",don't get me wrong but the shier complexity of the story or without the knowledge of the previous games or just with the **** near-to-un-understandable ending , the game just gives me the "MEH" kind of feeling . The same feeling I got from playing and beating "The Last of Us" (of course in different circumstances)

    I GIVE THIS GAME A 9/10 ! Don't hate me for this cause I nearly had to do the same thing with "The Last of Us"
    Expand
  60. Jan 15, 2015
    10
    Overall this game is Amazing! The combat is fun and the storyline is great. The graphics are fun and Elizabeth-surprisingly-isn't annoying! There is a wide range of guns and the sky rails are cool.
  61. Jan 9, 2015
    10
    This is my favorite game I have ever played, hands down.

    The storyline is intricate and enthralling, with characters who are believable with their own flaws ad virtues. The Elizabeth character is the most lifelike npc companion I've encountered to date, and her presence makes exploring the world even more enjoyable. The setting is fantastic, and together with all the posters, lighting
    This is my favorite game I have ever played, hands down.

    The storyline is intricate and enthralling, with characters who are believable with their own flaws ad virtues. The Elizabeth character is the most lifelike npc companion I've encountered to date, and her presence makes exploring the world even more enjoyable. The setting is fantastic, and together with all the posters, lighting and npc/voxaphone dialogue, it really feels like you are in a vibrant living world. The music in the game is also fantastic, with many songs from the 1910s and 1920s era. Furthermore, they flawlessly produced many modern songs in the old fashioned styles (eg ragtime) which was a massive highlight from the game.

    The game must be appreciated for its artistic genius first, and as a game second, which is possibly the source of the disappointment and negative views. The combat is passable but nothing remarkable. It serves merely as a tool to keep players exited, and to break up periods of exploration which many players in the target audience would tire of without the adrenaline rush they've come to expect in a shooter, and does not add to the plot. In fact, the most exhilarating parts of the story contain no shooting at all. The periods of peaceful exploration, such as at the start of the game, where there is no threat were my favorite parts in the game, and I really do wish there was more of this. There are so many snippets of dialogue, hidden audio tracks in the background and interactions with the game world in these short periods of the game, that I found I spent much less time fighting in battles than simply exploring every nook and cranny of this vibrant and fully fleshed out world. Truly a rare gem in today's game industry. Morrowind, Telltale's Walking Dead/Wolf Among Us and The Witcher 2 are the only other similar artistic games which come to mind, and these fall far short of the bar raised by Infinite.
    Expand
  62. Dec 31, 2014
    10
    easily one of the best Bioshock in the series. the way this game introduces Booker and his background is fantastic, also the ending was very unique in a good way.
  63. Dec 28, 2014
    10
    bioshock. im sorry. you won in 2013 fps genre. no doubts. ghosts was crap. bf4 was cool but buggy as hell. this game is so underrated comparing to the rest fps games this year. because today everyone is 10 years old **** that play multiplayer
    OMG YO HACKIN **** YO MOM OMG BIOSHACK INFANITE IS SHIET CUZ GHOSTS BEST GAME EVA 10/10
    **** you. bioshock infinite is a great taking. and sure
    bioshock. im sorry. you won in 2013 fps genre. no doubts. ghosts was crap. bf4 was cool but buggy as hell. this game is so underrated comparing to the rest fps games this year. because today everyone is 10 years old **** that play multiplayer
    OMG YO HACKIN **** YO MOM OMG BIOSHACK INFANITE IS SHIET CUZ GHOSTS BEST GAME EVA 10/10

    **** you.
    bioshock infinite is a great taking. and sure takes easily the best fps of 2013. lol why do i even compare it to the others :D
    Expand
  64. Dec 26, 2014
    10
    This is one of the most best game i ever played in my whole life it has lovely sound track beautiful graphics and one of the best story and also game play
  65. Dec 23, 2014
    10
    I feel like there is nothing to hate about this game, its gorgeous and the developers actually took their time on this one. It has an amazing story with one of the most well-played characters, and a nice skill system. All of that aside, this game is perfect and everyone would enjoy this game
  66. Dec 21, 2014
    8
    This game is beautiful. The world seems complete and fully rendered. Really you feel as if you are traveling through a complete world. You aren't told "look they are racist." You can take in the economic imbalance in a glance. Really the scenery is what this game is all about. How can a floating city be treated otherwise? The plot of the game is interesting. The FPS mechanic is reasonable.This game is beautiful. The world seems complete and fully rendered. Really you feel as if you are traveling through a complete world. You aren't told "look they are racist." You can take in the economic imbalance in a glance. Really the scenery is what this game is all about. How can a floating city be treated otherwise? The plot of the game is interesting. The FPS mechanic is reasonable. I'm not uber with FPS and I got through it. Vigors added a nice sense of tactics to the fighting. In the end though fighting wave after wave of generic enemies to advance the plot becomes kind of a chore.
    And their last act twist (which I won't spoil). It fits well. But not perfect. (which is why I give it this score) There could have been more/better forshadowing throughout. Really the problem is by seeing the world Comestock lives in and through his actions, you feel you know him. But the narrator is too much a blank slate.
    Expand
  67. Dec 17, 2014
    8
    Oyun güzel.Hikaye güzel.Karakterler fena değil.Ama Bu Nasıl Son!Sonunun dışında güzel bir oyun.Açık dünya olmamasıda bir eksi ama...Düşük puanı haketmiyor ama yüksek puanıda hakettiğide şöylenemez.
  68. Dec 16, 2014
    9
    Now thats what i call a game . In 2013 , I got bored of cover based shooters . I just liked Crysis 3 . Other games were just boring . But Bioshock infinite is not like those games . Its not like take cover then shoot then take cover and repeat . This game delivers a nice engaging and enjoyable gameplay. You can shoot very nicely . the shooting is fun . But its different from other FPSNow thats what i call a game . In 2013 , I got bored of cover based shooters . I just liked Crysis 3 . Other games were just boring . But Bioshock infinite is not like those games . Its not like take cover then shoot then take cover and repeat . This game delivers a nice engaging and enjoyable gameplay. You can shoot very nicely . the shooting is fun . But its different from other FPS games for its vigours . Using these genetic Abilities, you can Zap electricity , throw fireballs etc. So Its really great to play this game . The FPS lovers must play this . Expand
  69. Dec 12, 2014
    10
    The game captivates you from the very beginning.

    The once things become ugly, things also become interesting. You realize things are not as they seem - in a very scifi way.

    And to top all that, your companion Elizabeth is incredibly charming and alive. I loved it.
  70. Dec 12, 2014
    9
    This game blows your mind. As any of the Bioshock series. And this one in particular is so beautiful, the lights are very polished, the colors, the beautiful scenery, the soundtrack and the hard difficulty level gave me 12 hours of great gameplay. Totally recommended.
  71. Nov 26, 2014
    9
    Amazing game. great graphics, nice and well used music. And most of all, the story was amazing. It make me thing a lot. especially one big events that change bookers life totally. Even if he didn't realize. may be I will meet that moment. or already met.
    Only bad thing is it may be too difficult to someone who play this seris first
  72. Nov 25, 2014
    10
    Bioshock Infinite is the best game I have ever played. Everything that makes a game good is in this game, just like Half-Life 2. It has an amazing story, average gameplay, well-developed characters and a great soundtrack. While the gameplay could be more fun, the story and characters outweigh the flaws which makes this game the best game I ever played.
  73. Nov 23, 2014
    10
    Looking for a fun, original, FPS, that combines exciting, and adventurous gameplay, with deep and layered story telling? Look no further.

    I consider this to be the greatest game of 2013, because I not only had the most fun playing this but I have never felt so emotionally invested in the characters (not even in the last of us). My only complaints would be that the main villain does not
    Looking for a fun, original, FPS, that combines exciting, and adventurous gameplay, with deep and layered story telling? Look no further.

    I consider this to be the greatest game of 2013, because I not only had the most fun playing this but I have never felt so emotionally invested in the characters (not even in the last of us). My only complaints would be that the main villain does not live up to the great Andrew Ryan, and it seems a little short. But that may just be because I completed it in one sitting.
    Expand
  74. Nov 20, 2014
    10
    You gotta play the game, if only to watch the breathtaking beauty of Columbia. No other setting in videogaming history can hope to get anywhere near close the sheer awesomeness of the flying city of Bioshock Infinite. Apart from that, the gameplay is good (although not flawless), the longevity is average for the genre and the plot is one of the best ever seen for a first person shooter -You gotta play the game, if only to watch the breathtaking beauty of Columbia. No other setting in videogaming history can hope to get anywhere near close the sheer awesomeness of the flying city of Bioshock Infinite. Apart from that, the gameplay is good (although not flawless), the longevity is average for the genre and the plot is one of the best ever seen for a first person shooter - that may not sound particularly impressive, considered that the average plot for a first person shooter is nonexistent, but the plot of Bioshock Infinite is actually good, and the game ends with a bang. This game is a must play, period. Expand
  75. Nov 15, 2014
    8
    Bioshock Infinite is not only visually stunning but has a phenomenal sense of storytelling. The dialogue and characters in this game are a clear cut about most contemporary fiction, and it tackles its own themes masterfully.

    This being said I did not find the gameplay and combat in any way spectacular. They were definitely solid, but also boil down to spamming superpowers and the
    Bioshock Infinite is not only visually stunning but has a phenomenal sense of storytelling. The dialogue and characters in this game are a clear cut about most contemporary fiction, and it tackles its own themes masterfully.

    This being said I did not find the gameplay and combat in any way spectacular. They were definitely solid, but also boil down to spamming superpowers and the standard FPS fare. Even this is greatly redeemed by some expansive battle environments and a constant sense of tension.

    I did find myself wanting to zoom through the game in order to proceed with the story, and ultimately I'm a bit reluctant to play it again. This being said, as a narrative artform there aren't many finer examples than this.
    Expand
  76. Nov 15, 2014
    10
    This game is a 10. If you didn't like it then you probably didn't understand what was going on. just shootin stuff. That said, Great gunplay augmented with super powers, great exploration, and fantastic characters, levels and plot. Perfect length. Online there are huge dissertations on how this story plays out and how the bioshock universe works. Gameplay aside, the artistic brilliance ofThis game is a 10. If you didn't like it then you probably didn't understand what was going on. just shootin stuff. That said, Great gunplay augmented with super powers, great exploration, and fantastic characters, levels and plot. Perfect length. Online there are huge dissertations on how this story plays out and how the bioshock universe works. Gameplay aside, the artistic brilliance of this fiction story cannot be understated. It is as detailed and fantastic as a full length science fiction book only you get to see it hear it and play it. If developers put a quarter as much creative thought into their games we would see a mass increase in quality. Expand
  77. Nov 9, 2014
    8
    Solid game that is carried by its great story, characters, and environment. However it only consists of a main storyline, it has few hidden areas, easter eggs, and no side quests. While the vigors make combat somewhat interesting, it slowly becomes very boring fighting off countless waves of enemies with the best guns in the game. The dull gameplay and little variation of quests limitsSolid game that is carried by its great story, characters, and environment. However it only consists of a main storyline, it has few hidden areas, easter eggs, and no side quests. While the vigors make combat somewhat interesting, it slowly becomes very boring fighting off countless waves of enemies with the best guns in the game. The dull gameplay and little variation of quests limits this game from being great. Expand
  78. Oct 17, 2014
    10
    Bioshock Infinite is a lovely game. Art direction, graphics and sound are superb. Made me think of Singularity and Dishonored at times. A beautiful first person shooter, and a must-have.
  79. Oct 4, 2014
    9
    Pros: -Mesmerizing graphics (It actually makes references to 1900's USA and has rather decent attention to detail.) Best played with decent GPU to maximize enjoyment
    -Unique and interesting plot (It is not a explain-everything-from-the-start game that requires players to explore to learn more. A nice satire of social problems. The ending requires some brain work to digest and should not
    Pros: -Mesmerizing graphics (It actually makes references to 1900's USA and has rather decent attention to detail.) Best played with decent GPU to maximize enjoyment
    -Unique and interesting plot (It is not a explain-everything-from-the-start game that requires players to explore to learn more. A nice satire of social problems. The ending requires some brain work to digest and should not be taken at face value, which makes it amazing. If my professor calls it great I ain't arguing.)
    -Subtle character development (Some argues that they have 'lousy' character which I object. Their actions and conversations speak little by little and build up through the game.)
    -Music (Just beautiful.)
    -Combat mechanics (From shooting to melee to using vigor, it opens up room for creativity in dealing with enemies)

    Cons: -Combat experience (Limited weapon choice and upgrades for a FPS. The shield kind of rewarded players for reckless shooting and hiding.)
    -Lackluster interaction with NPCs (Other than Booker and Eliz, other characters are just part of the story rather than the game.)

    Tips: Read up on 1900's history to better appreciate the plot. Slowly digest the story while playing, people who rush to criticize it usually fail to pause and think. It requires understanding of satire and sarcasm to see the plot's golden value,
    Expand
  80. Sep 30, 2014
    10
    Probably the most gorgeous graphics and environment you will see in any game. Like one person said "mesmerising" and they are. I find myself so charmed by the surroundings that I just explore. That's the mark of something truly great. To watch a Hummingbird zip around your head or look at the floating city. It's just amazing, to say the least.The ambience and lighting in this game areProbably the most gorgeous graphics and environment you will see in any game. Like one person said "mesmerising" and they are. I find myself so charmed by the surroundings that I just explore. That's the mark of something truly great. To watch a Hummingbird zip around your head or look at the floating city. It's just amazing, to say the least.The ambience and lighting in this game are second to none. The gameplay is equally good. Zipping around the floating city on rails and jumping off, is just plain fun. Fun is the best word for this game. It actually got a bad rap for the way it portrays Elizabeth as "supposedly" this helpless waif who depends on you for survival. Not so. Remember the period this is set in. Women were "kind of" like that in that era so the authors were just trying to be period correct. She is actually fiercely independent as well. She picks locks, she fights, she tosses you ammo, health, salts and is quite an asset. I would hardly call her a "helpless waif". Fantastic game, polished to perfection and it deserves every good thing people have to say about it.You'd be hard pressed to find a better game out there. It's worth every penny. It is Soooooo fun. Expand
  81. Sep 22, 2014
    10
    FPS couldn't get any better than this. its worth the money I spent. Gameplay and the characters will let you into the world. Best game of the generation. You will believe a city can fly.
  82. Sep 20, 2014
    8
    Seeing as this is my first every Bioshock title I've played, I was pleasantly surprised to see how enjoyable the experience was despite being a newcomer to the series. The game is a competent FPS action-adventure with an intriguing storyline that entices you to keep playing more in order to solve the mystery about Elizabeth Comstock and the strange floating city of Columbia. Along withSeeing as this is my first every Bioshock title I've played, I was pleasantly surprised to see how enjoyable the experience was despite being a newcomer to the series. The game is a competent FPS action-adventure with an intriguing storyline that entices you to keep playing more in order to solve the mystery about Elizabeth Comstock and the strange floating city of Columbia. Along with high production values that you'd expect from a AAA title, it's no surprise that this title rated so well when released over a year ago. Expand
  83. Sep 13, 2014
    10
    Im just going to say that is Bioshock. No, joke xD. you just have to see the end to know that this is a masterpiece. A lot of people say that The last of us is better, but NO. and i have also play the last of us, and i also think that is a masterpiece, but not as good as Bioshock Infinite.
  84. Sep 12, 2014
    8
    Infinite is a great game, but I didn't find it to be the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be. The story is interesting and the ending will have you guessing what the heck just happened. But it honestly didn't draw me in and make me want to keep playing.I'm a huge fan of story based games but this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that the combat isn't as good as previousInfinite is a great game, but I didn't find it to be the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be. The story is interesting and the ending will have you guessing what the heck just happened. But it honestly didn't draw me in and make me want to keep playing.I'm a huge fan of story based games but this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that the combat isn't as good as previous games, the graphics are slightly dated (most likely due to consoles holding PC back so i can't really blame the game), the pacing is off, and there really isn't anything to due after you beat the game. In previous Bioshock games, you choices mattered and changed the ending. There is only one ending in Infinite and that's disappointing. However the game still gets many things right. The atmosphere is fantastic, Elizabeth's AI is great and the fact that she actually helps you in combat is something that more games should seek to add. I definitely enjoyed my time with the game and recommend playing it, just don't expect the flawless masterpiece so many people claim it is. Expand
  85. Sep 12, 2014
    10
    Well, from the flawless gameplay to the amazing visuals, from the fantastic writing and extremely interesting plot to the great work of the voice actors - Bioshock Infinite is definitely one of the BEST video games of 2013.
  86. Aug 30, 2014
    8
    Bioshock infinite is an great game, but it unfortunately doesn't quite match the original. Ludo-narrative dissonance is very evident in this game ruining the immersion. Each area is just a shooting gallery of copy-pasted baddies that u must slaughter in order to progress. The world of Columbia itself combined with the great and mind bending story is the saving grace of the game.
  87. Aug 28, 2014
    9
    This game blew me away. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. The gameplay is great the story is excellent, pretty much everything about this game is excellent. I highly recommend getting this at full price and its a must own when a sale comes.
  88. Aug 23, 2014
    9
    Bottom line, this game was fun to play. I like games with a good story and this one was exceptional, almost like reading a mystery novel. You had to pay attention. Like all Bioshock games the graphics were beautiful and the setting is unique. The soundtrack is clever. The combat was challenging and fun. The vigors seemed a bit repetitive at times, but not enough of a big deal to takeBottom line, this game was fun to play. I like games with a good story and this one was exceptional, almost like reading a mystery novel. You had to pay attention. Like all Bioshock games the graphics were beautiful and the setting is unique. The soundtrack is clever. The combat was challenging and fun. The vigors seemed a bit repetitive at times, but not enough of a big deal to take away from the experience. I'm usually not a big fan of followers in games, but Elizabeth was great. You enjoyed her being around and cared about what happened to her. If you are on the bubble of buying or playing the game, do it. You will be glad you did. Expand
  89. Aug 20, 2014
    10
    Though not as gritty as the previous two installments, Bioshock Infinate still boasts a brilliant cohesive storyline with well drawn-out characters and a setting that is visually impressive. The graphics are great, the voice acting is great, the ending is convoluted and confusing but its the score that helped me get through the game. The score is none-short of amazing.

    Overall the game
    Though not as gritty as the previous two installments, Bioshock Infinate still boasts a brilliant cohesive storyline with well drawn-out characters and a setting that is visually impressive. The graphics are great, the voice acting is great, the ending is convoluted and confusing but its the score that helped me get through the game. The score is none-short of amazing.

    Overall the game isn't as good as the previous two but it's still a fantastic game with vast improvements and a great AI system where the AI actually help you out and not get in the way of thing.
    Expand
  90. Aug 11, 2014
    9
    For me this game was good, only good. But in compare to other games i ever played only Bad Company 2 haves better game play in single player story FPS games.
  91. Aug 8, 2014
    9
    This game is amazing. The the graphic is very good. The storyline is good. The gameplay is very good with fps, vigor, and unique gun. You must try this game.
  92. Aug 6, 2014
    9
    Just a very good game. Nice story, interesting enviroment, graphic on good level. Buy and play, no regret. Just a bit too many brainless shooting scenes, sometimes, which kill climate of this series. Above all - there's no way to be bored with game.
  93. Jul 31, 2014
    8
    Considering all the loads of terrible FPS titles in recent years and my bad experience with previous Bioshock titles, I was really pleasantly surprised that Bioshock: Infinite is an excellent story-driven FPS. Hype is again pretty over the top as it always is with Bioshock series, but Infinite is definitely the best piece of the trilogy that I had by far the most fun playing through. Is itConsidering all the loads of terrible FPS titles in recent years and my bad experience with previous Bioshock titles, I was really pleasantly surprised that Bioshock: Infinite is an excellent story-driven FPS. Hype is again pretty over the top as it always is with Bioshock series, but Infinite is definitely the best piece of the trilogy that I had by far the most fun playing through. Is it linear, mainstream etc.? Yes, it still is, but it is extremely well done and I appreciate the effort. 8/10 Expand
  94. Jul 29, 2014
    10
    Great game, probably the best in the series. Combat controls are excellent, bugs are nonexistent. The plot, characters, and environment are amazingly well done. A masterpiece of a game.
  95. Jul 28, 2014
    10
    This is by far the best fps I have ever played. The plot is outstanding and the action is great, it was hard to pull myself away from it. The game isn't just horror based like bioshock 1 and 2, it revolves around a breathtaking plot which some points are designed to be scary. There was never a single moment when i felt finished or even frustrated with the game, if you haven't played itThis is by far the best fps I have ever played. The plot is outstanding and the action is great, it was hard to pull myself away from it. The game isn't just horror based like bioshock 1 and 2, it revolves around a breathtaking plot which some points are designed to be scary. There was never a single moment when i felt finished or even frustrated with the game, if you haven't played it yet, get it now. Expand
  96. Jul 22, 2014
    10
    I really love Bioshock series,Infinite was one of the best game I played.I enjoy everything in the game and always ready to start this fantasy journey again.
  97. Jul 17, 2014
    10
    BioShock Infinite was a beautiful game with great story telling and the end blew me away I had sit there thinking about it for about an hour until I finally gave up and googled it.this is a must buy it is probably my 3rd favourite game of all time.the gameplay was fun and fluid,this has really brought back what fps have become with things like cod and medal of honour ruining my love ofBioShock Infinite was a beautiful game with great story telling and the end blew me away I had sit there thinking about it for about an hour until I finally gave up and googled it.this is a must buy it is probably my 3rd favourite game of all time.the gameplay was fun and fluid,this has really brought back what fps have become with things like cod and medal of honour ruining my love of them anyway haters gonna hate but don't listen to them go and buy this game right now I mean it! Expand
  98. Jul 12, 2014
    9
    This game is better than i thought. Although i thought it was way over rated at first i was wrong. Very very wrong in so many ways. Although i will still say that the gameplay isnt the greatest.
  99. Jul 8, 2014
    10
    This is one of the most truly brilliant games I have ever played its one of those games that cements video gaming's status as an art form and the backgrounds are so insanely complex and detailed.Oh and 1 more thing:Would you kindly go out and buy this game.
Metascore
94

Universal acclaim - based on 68 Critics

Critic score distribution:
  1. Positive: 68 out of 68
  2. Mixed: 0 out of 68
  3. Negative: 0 out of 68
  1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    92
    Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    85
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    80
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]