8.5

1. Jul 26, 2015
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
  2. Jul 15, 2015
    An incredible adventure. The story is one of the best in gaming, the gameplay isn't broken or screwed, like most games nowadays, the characters are ones of which you actually care about. Play this. Just... play it.
  3. Jun 24, 2015
    more a piece of art than a shooter game. bioshock infinite is a gorgeous thrill ride with plenty of epic story lines,beautiful environments, and fun combat to keep you intrigued through the long and rewarding campaign.
  4. Jun 24, 2015
    What an amazing comeback to the BioShock series. BioShock Infinite is a beautiful game and instead of taking you into the depths of Rapture, now it is up in the skies of Columbia!

The story is brilliant with its plot twists, loop holes, truths spilling out right in front of you! Ken Levine (the writer of the BioShock series) has really brought the house down with BioShock Infinite's storytelling

The graphics, are beautiful! Once again I have to say the developers did it again with the opening! One of the most beautiful and amazing openings I have seen in a game, entering Columbia's pathways made me feel like I was part of Columbia and if in the future someone does come up with this idea, I'm all in! Your side companion, Elizabeth is actually the only side companion I actually enjoyed staying with, she will look for ammo and health as well as salts to help you whilst you are shooting your way through the tons of enemies the game throws at you

The skyline, what an amazing ride it was! Riding on the skyline was one of the most enjoyable bits I enjoyed in the game. Although a bit hard to master at first, you will soon get the hang of it! The Songbird, holy ♥♥♥♥, this massive bird that you see half way through the game is absolutely terrifying! With its loud screech and creepy eyes, it will surely send shivers down you're spine when you meet the Songbird for the first time! The Boy of Silence, one of the most terrifying bits in the game. And especially that bit! (People who have played the game, you know what I mean!)

Return to Rapture, although you never see Rapture until half way through the game, it makes me happy to see it back once again. Also note that Big Daddies and Little Sisters are non-existent in this game.

The game does take a dark side to it, the game unlike it predecessor deals with racism, discrimination, extreme religion and very serious and mature hot topics which involves the White race having all the fun whilst the Black race and other "lowlifes" that are in the slum areas of Columbia be treated like dirt, which some people may find offensive. Also some people may find the violence to be a little too graphic and may find it disturbing to watch/play

I hardly noticed any glitches or bugs, the only bug I encountered with was half way through the game, whilst rowing to a lighthouse the audio of the rowing paddles with the water were glitching out a bit and making a loud water sound effect muffling all the other voice actors

This game is absolutely brilliant and it is a big change from what was in BioShock and BioShock 2 and hopefully we may see more of the BioShock series in the near future!

Now, bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt.
  5. Jun 16, 2015
    This is the single greatest game of my life the environment, the feeling, the story, Elizabeth everything! it gives a an amazing experience! you can't call yourself a gamer if you don't play this game! its funny, i bought this game for testing my new graphics card, after a little bit of playing i completely forgot about my new graphics card :D

The graphics aren't high in terms of

The graphics aren't high in terms of texture or being realistic, but people specially Elizabeth's face are detailed and they show emotions very good! (expect random people in the city, they look like the meme cat)
  6. May 23, 2015
    BioShock Infinite a masterpiece of the series and a nature show The graphics are fantastic gameplay controls liked also liked history and animals that game and to man better than Minecraft
  7. May 19, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is the third Bioshock title and takes place in 1912 where you play as Booker DeWitt an investigator that is sent to find a girl named Elizabeth in a floating city called Columbia to erase his debt. The game play is a little weaker than the first two games as you can only use two weapons at a time. The weapons are a little bit boring. The atmosphere in Infinite is veryBioshock Infinite is the third Bioshock title and takes place in 1912 where you play as Booker DeWitt an investigator that is sent to find a girl named Elizabeth in a floating city called Columbia to erase his debt. The game play is a little weaker than the first two games as you can only use two weapons at a time. The weapons are a little bit boring. The atmosphere in Infinite is very different than the first two games as it takes place in a city in the sky. You don't have to play the first two games to understand Infinite. The story is quite confusing and the ending is mind-blowing. The game is quite different from it's predecessors. Expand
  8. May 4, 2015
    I don't like FPS and mostly I don't like killing people (even if fictional) in general and I think that is the reason why I was able to dive so deep on this title's story.

The game itself is pretty easy (there are modes beyond normal difficulty, so probably FPS fans may enjoy better with them), and that's actually a good thing because you can concentrate on story and story fragments since plot is where this game excels (and I mean it). Everything start slow but, progressing, events rush to a point you're disoriented and speechless. Every word added there would be a spoiler, so I'd better keep my mouth shout.

Graphics are excellent, one of the best use of Unreal Engine 3 you can ever see and with great performance. Sound compartment is flawless too, both on effects and music.

There are only 2 things I didn't like which strip the 100/100 from this title: Elizabeth being too "unrealistic" or doll-like and too much playtime to finish the game, I'd like to have probably a little more than half of the 15h it took for me to complete the story line (I got bored halfway through).
    For me this game is 98/100 though.

To recap, totally recommended to anyone on any OS (run with excellent performance on linux too), this was one of the best game I ever played.
  9. Apr 8, 2015
    A totally fantastic game.
    a deep story with a nice writing script
    stunning atmosphere of the city Columbus
    impressive characters in the game
    super power is always fun to use
    skyhooks are awesome and gave player some high speed experience
    must be the best Fps shooter in 2013
  10. Apr 4, 2015
    ...Masterpiece. BioShock Infinite ascends to heaven in a literal and figurative sense: it is the most intelligent, beautiful and absolutely unattainable for rivals shooter.
  11. Mar 16, 2015
    Kill all the racists!

Pros: The gameplay represents what First Person Shooters are all about, fast paced action with all sorts of crazy abilities and weapons. Infinite gets this perfectly in addition with decent control. The graphics, while not totally realistic, look fantastic. The lighting is some of the best lighting in all of video games and the art is mesmerizing to look at
    Kill all the racists!

Pros:
    The graphics, while not totally realistic, look fantastic. The lighting is some of the best lighting in all of video games and the art is mesmerizing to look at around every corner.
    The story that is told in Infinite is incredible. While the plot itself is fairly simple: "Bring us the girl, wipe away the debt", its the interactions and the facial animations that bring the game to life. The voice acting is also very believable and really invested me in the game.
    There are a few themes that are covered in this game, for example, racism and religion. I felt like these were covered quite well. In fact, because of a racist part in the beginning, my other personal objective was to kill EVERYONE as I believed them all to be racist.

BioShock Infinite is one of the best games I have ever played and was definitely my Game of the Year in 2013. It was also the first game I played that I applauded. :D

12. Mar 12, 2015
    This is a brilliant game gripping storyline and graphics well cared for, I was fine for the playability and its particular atmosphere enveloping everything where the impossible becomes (reality) in this particular virtual place. The underlying theme of the first chapters continues even in this chapter and in some moments nearly thrilling.
  13. Mar 11, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is a FPS developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released on March 26, 2013 on PC, X360 and PS3. The game begins somewhere in 1912 when the protagonist Booker DeWitt, was sent to the floating city of Columbia, to find a young girl named Elizabeth, who was trapped in a tower in the shape of an angel. The game stands quite well on the story,Bioshock Infinite is a FPS developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released on March 26, 2013 on PC, X360 and PS3. The game begins somewhere in 1912 when the protagonist Booker DeWitt, was sent to the floating city of Columbia, to find a young girl named Elizabeth, who was trapped in a tower in the shape of an angel. The game stands quite well on the story, characters and voice acting with a good development during jocului.Tot once the story is more complicated than in others. In terms of gameplay is much better compared to its predecessors, it's running on the engine from Unreal, Unreal Engine 3 especially one graphics are gorgeous, with many landscapes that can leave you stunned. Music and sound are very well chosen, taking to make you feel like in the years 1912. In conclusion it is a good game, getting to be a number you do not have to leave, especially if you are a gamer. Expand
  14. Mar 6, 2015
    I started this the very moment it came out, and only finished it now, almost 2 years later.. at around 80% I stopped playing for a while. I now regret not having pulled through immediately, WHAT an ending. Very good game, lots of awesome views, Elizabeth is just unique, and well.. It fully lives up to Bioshock 2 and 1.

Still just 9 / 10 and not 10 / 10, some passages were way too

Still just 9 / 10 and not 10 / 10, some passages were way too shooter-focused, I would have traded a bit less combat with a bit more story / talks at some points.

Go play it.
  15. Mar 4, 2015
    This game is a work of art, just like I expected it to be from playing the other games. It does an incredible job immersing the player in a fictitious setting in a time where most of us weren't alive during. The plot is well-written. Gameplay feels nice and solid. I've completed the game on 1999 mode and the difficulty felt just right. I've yet to try the "Burial at Sea" dlc. I enjoyedThis game is a work of art, just like I expected it to be from playing the other games. It does an incredible job immersing the player in a fictitious setting in a time where most of us weren't alive during. The plot is well-written. Gameplay feels nice and solid. I've completed the game on 1999 mode and the difficulty felt just right. I've yet to try the "Burial at Sea" dlc. I enjoyed Rapture, so I'm excited to get started on the dlc and see Rapture again with prettier graphics. Btw, the graphics are gorgeous; not realistic, but very stylish. Unfortunately I can't rate this game 10/10, for technical inconvenience reasons... The FOV slider at maximum is too narrow. There are stutters that weren't present in the previous games. That's all. Both problems can be alleviated by tweaking a couple of config files (yay!), but it's still an inconvenience. Anyway, really like the game, even if it's not quite as good as the previous games setting-wise and story-wise. Everyone needs to play it. Expand
  16. Mar 2, 2015
    This game blew my mind. The story is one thing, but I think the most amazing thing here is the setting. Colombia is simply breathtaking. I'm about to play through a second time to just walk around. this is definitely on my top 5 list of video games.
  17. Mar 1, 2015
    It was my first single player FPS and was a excellent experience. Excellent graphics even when I can't play it maxed. I haven't understood the ending nor who was Comstock but I had fun and that's what matters. Elizabeth is very helpful in battles providing health and ammo and Columbia is very well designed.
  18. Feb 27, 2015
    One of the best games I ever played, following all the greatness from the first 2 games (Bioshock 1 & 2). Great graphics, great gameplay and magnificent story. Thanks for more this game, 2K!
  19. Feb 26, 2015
    If you ever ask me what my favorite game of all-time is, without a doubt i would say BioShock Infinite, I think this game is as close to perfection as a game can ever get because it's able to immerse you so well and create an environment that gives you so much to do and learn and play with.

You can use and combine powers called Vigors, you can pick and choose your weapons to suit how you like to play, and creates such a great and in-depth story that you can't help but fall in love with it. The combat plays a lot like the previous Bioshocks but it's upgraded even greater. The characters are very 3 dimensional and you can't help but feel bad for them throughout the entire thing. And the ending...wow, I don't think a game has ever blown my mind so much before. While this game doesn't have choice endings like the other Bioshocks, this ending more than makes up for it.

Basically, this game easily earns the 10/10 score and I think it'll be really hard to find another game that sets the bar higher than BioShock Infinite has. This game has changed the way I look at games for years to come, and hopefully it does the same for you.
  20. Feb 25, 2015
    People always ask me why i play games instead of watching movies. Well, it's because games like these just blow me away. The story, the feeling, the graphics, the atmosphere... Its like you're the main character of the best movie you've ever seen. You are so actively involved in the story. People who think negative about this game are maybe not mature enough to understand. The gameplay mayPeople always ask me why i play games instead of watching movies. Well, it's because games like these just blow me away. The story, the feeling, the graphics, the atmosphere... Its like you're the main character of the best movie you've ever seen. You are so actively involved in the story. People who think negative about this game are maybe not mature enough to understand. The gameplay may not be the most interesting but the story/feeling is just incredible. I can say that this is the best book ive red, the best movie ive seen and the best game ive played. Absolutely my favorite. Expand
  21. Feb 19, 2015
    This game is excellent for FPS fans who're not into the chaos of warfare that CoD provides.

The pros: 1- beautiful atmosphere. 2- Well set battles, Smooth game mechanics and a Varied play style 3- Voice acting, Characterization and Story line The cons: 1- The way Bioshock Infinite lays down its story. 2- No actual Boss battles. I am a big fan of this game, only played this

The pros:
    1- beautiful atmosphere.
    2- Well set battles, Smooth game mechanics and a Varied play style
    3- Voice acting, Characterization and Story line

The cons:
    1- The way Bioshock Infinite lays down its story.
    2- No actual Boss battles.

I am a big fan of this game, only played this edition and its episodes, the downside is that the story really comes together if one finds and listens carefully to 90% of the Voxophones and listens to all of Elizabeth's conversations, which are interesting but as FPS goes I got absorbed in scavenging and shooting to actually care about all of that, when the final stage arrived I found out that I had imagined many parts of the story that cannot be true, so I read explanations that spoiled the real story for me.

Nevertheless I played it on 1999 mode and observed how the story came together again, who were the important characters and what were their roles, so replay-ability made up for my bad experience with its ending.

Story line is mind blowing, it's along with The Last of Us as best story telling for me, only it was more compelling to explore and marvel at its absurd premises and conclusions, the voice acting is top notch and Elizabeth implies this 3rd person aspect to the game where she's always moving and interacting with my surroundings, along with the interesting Booker Dewitt I never felt like I'm driving floating arms in a FPS, it felt more engaging than some 3rd person shooters actually.

The atmosphere especially in the first stage is absorbing, I felt that the game is daring to some of my deepest beliefs and concepts and provides characters with more background behind their motives, it's dark and it almost felt like pinching me in the sides and bringing my eyes closer as I played tentatively, that's where the magic of Bioshock is, more imaginative designs and more surprises and mysteries that kept me wandering at its shores wondering if I really should dare move forward before I did, unlike even The last of us which had a great story but in many occasions I couldn't wait to get to the finish because it's all predictable, this game was anything but predictable to me.

Some people complained that the boss battles are recycled, well apart from the Handyman whom appears 4 times during the game, there are no bosses, there are super soldiers who have no sign atop them but are in fact more lethal than even the Patriot, so there isn't a standard for bosses in this game aside from the somewhat recycled handyman.

Game mechanics flow blissfully, unlike Dishonored where you could save game at any instant you desire (in order to replay any situation) this game only has checkpoints, but when the player dies he's revived almost instantly, he loses some of his cash and all the characters he's defeated stay dead and the ones he's wounded heal, which makes every encounter counts because there's basically no going back in some situations yet that doesn't stop or hinder one's game because one can always beat the enemy no matter the many tries it takes (unless one's out of cash).

I only mourn the scarcity of boss battles in this game and the fact that it never explains how crucial are its voxophones or random conversations, aside from that it could have been better (which applies to all games) but its still my most enjoyable experience on a PS3.
  22. Feb 10, 2015
    The gameplay is actually the weakest point of the game (still not bad though), but everything else is impressive. The story, the setting, graphics, voice acting and the writing are quite impressive. Probably one of the most interesting games of 2013.
  23. sft
    Feb 9, 2015
    Rapture in Columbia

Rapture in Columbia

The first Bioshock game was a remarkable achievement. Bioshock 2 expanded on the first and was equally good. With BIOSHOCK INFINITE, Irrational Games have surpassed their previous efforts and produced a game that is better than the first two in all but one way (we’ll come to that later). BI looks fantastic. The aerial city of Columbia is quite literally stunning to look at. Visually the game is a work of art, with some of the most amazing design and use of colour that I’ve ever seen in a game. The story, although not directly related to the first two games, is as strong as ever, as is the voice acting. The combat will be familiar to those who have played B1 or 2, although the more open environment of Columbia and the ability to use the Sky-Line system makes many of the set-pieces more fluid and dynamic. The weapons are different and now the plasmids are called Vigors and are replenished by the use of salts but overall the feel of the combat is quite similar to the two previous games. A major difference, however, is that the player now has a companion. Elizabeth is with you throughout much of the game and although she does not take part in any combat she does assist in other ways and she also provides a conversational foil for the playable character, who also speaks in this instalment. The only thing I missed when playing this game were the Splicers. In Bioshock 1 and 2 the bizarre ramblings of these twisted individuals were a joy to hear and they produced much of the games’ humour. There is humour in BI but not as much as I would have liked. That said it’s really the only criticism I have of the game and it’s more than compensated for by all that’s good about it.
  24. Feb 2, 2015
    After trying Bioshock and leaving Bioshock 2 alone (because I never liked Bioshock), I tried Bioshock Infinite.
    It blew my mind away...
    Story This game has a rich and captivating story. It has great characters that you learn over the course of the game. I especially loved the weird twists in the game, the mysterious pair popping up once in a while with some riddle you will solve when
    It blew my mind away...

Story
    This game has a rich and captivating story. It has great characters that you learn over the course of the game. I especially loved the weird twists in the game, the mysterious pair popping up once in a while with some riddle you will solve when playing on.
    The ending was so weird, it came as a revelation that had blown my mind.

Gameplay
    Is as good as any shooter, with low sensitivity it shoots away great.
    The "spells" you have are funny and useful, and they look great.
    Sometimes it's a bit of a mystery how they work exactly, but this makes it really fun to experiment and discover.

I also loved the rails you can glide onto, it adds another dimension to combat.
    The rail controls are very logic as well, making it very comfortable to hop on a rail and assassinate a target from the air (this is also very satisfying)!

Graphics
    Truly mesmerizing. The environment is weird with all the flying platforms, and they create the right atmosphere you need for a psycho first person shooter. The views are stunning.

The spells are looking great and distinctive, no copy of other games (save for Bioshock ofcourse).

Audio
    Does support the atmosphere. Pretty scary at times, but enthralling and immersive.

Conclusion
    Overall a great game to play and finish, with a great psychological story that is going to blow your mind!
    9/10.
  25. Jan 22, 2015
    I still have mixed feelings about the game . After beating the game myself and after watching this video . And so I now have to attempt to get Bioshock 1 and 2 to fully understand this . This game was an absolute "MASTERPIECE",don't get me wrong but the shier complexity of the story or without the knowledge of the previous games or just with the **** near-to-un-understandable ending , theI still have mixed feelings about the game . After beating the game myself and after watching this video . And so I now have to attempt to get Bioshock 1 and 2 to fully understand this . This game was an absolute "MASTERPIECE",don't get me wrong but the shier complexity of the story or without the knowledge of the previous games or just with the **** near-to-un-understandable ending , the game just gives me the "MEH" kind of feeling . The same feeling I got from playing and beating "The Last of Us" (of course in different circumstances)

I GIVE THIS GAME A 9/10 ! Don't hate me for this cause I nearly had to do the same thing with "The Last of Us"
  26. Jan 15, 2015
    Overall this game is Amazing! The combat is fun and the storyline is great. The graphics are fun and Elizabeth-surprisingly-isn't annoying! There is a wide range of guns and the sky rails are cool.
  27. Jan 9, 2015
    This is my favorite game I have ever played, hands down.

This is my favorite game I have ever played, hands down.

The storyline is intricate and enthralling, with characters who are believable with their own flaws ad virtues. The Elizabeth character is the most lifelike npc companion I've encountered to date, and her presence makes exploring the world even more enjoyable. The setting is fantastic, and together with all the posters, lighting and npc/voxaphone dialogue, it really feels like you are in a vibrant living world. The music in the game is also fantastic, with many songs from the 1910s and 1920s era. Furthermore, they flawlessly produced many modern songs in the old fashioned styles (eg ragtime) which was a massive highlight from the game.

The game must be appreciated for its artistic genius first, and as a game second, which is possibly the source of the disappointment and negative views. The combat is passable but nothing remarkable. It serves merely as a tool to keep players exited, and to break up periods of exploration which many players in the target audience would tire of without the adrenaline rush they've come to expect in a shooter, and does not add to the plot. In fact, the most exhilarating parts of the story contain no shooting at all. The periods of peaceful exploration, such as at the start of the game, where there is no threat were my favorite parts in the game, and I really do wish there was more of this. There are so many snippets of dialogue, hidden audio tracks in the background and interactions with the game world in these short periods of the game, that I found I spent much less time fighting in battles than simply exploring every nook and cranny of this vibrant and fully fleshed out world. Truly a rare gem in today's game industry. Morrowind, Telltale's Walking Dead/Wolf Among Us and The Witcher 2 are the only other similar artistic games which come to mind, and these fall far short of the bar raised by Infinite.
  28. Dec 31, 2014
    easily one of the best Bioshock in the series. the way this game introduces Booker and his background is fantastic, also the ending was very unique in a good way.
  29. Dec 28, 2014
    bioshock. im sorry. you won in 2013 fps genre. no doubts. ghosts was crap. bf4 was cool but buggy as hell. this game is so underrated comparing to the rest fps games this year. because today everyone is 10 years old **** that play multiplayer
    OMG YO HACKIN **** YO MOM OMG BIOSHACK INFANITE IS SHIET CUZ GHOSTS BEST GAME EVA 10/10
    **** you. bioshock infinite is a great taking. and sure

**** you.
    bioshock infinite is a great taking. and sure takes easily the best fps of 2013. lol why do i even compare it to the others :D
  30. Dec 26, 2014
    This is one of the most best game i ever played in my whole life it has lovely sound track beautiful graphics and one of the best story and also game play
  31. Dec 23, 2014
    I feel like there is nothing to hate about this game, its gorgeous and the developers actually took their time on this one. It has an amazing story with one of the most well-played characters, and a nice skill system. All of that aside, this game is perfect and everyone would enjoy this game
  32. Dec 21, 2014
    This game is beautiful. The world seems complete and fully rendered. Really you feel as if you are traveling through a complete world. You aren't told "look they are racist." You can take in the economic imbalance in a glance. Really the scenery is what this game is all about. How can a floating city be treated otherwise? The plot of the game is interesting. The FPS mechanic is reasonable.This game is beautiful. The world seems complete and fully rendered. Really you feel as if you are traveling through a complete world. You aren't told "look they are racist." You can take in the economic imbalance in a glance. Really the scenery is what this game is all about. How can a floating city be treated otherwise? The plot of the game is interesting. The FPS mechanic is reasonable. I'm not uber with FPS and I got through it. Vigors added a nice sense of tactics to the fighting. In the end though fighting wave after wave of generic enemies to advance the plot becomes kind of a chore.
    And their last act twist (which I won't spoil). It fits well. But not perfect. (which is why I give it this score) There could have been more/better forshadowing throughout. Really the problem is by seeing the world Comestock lives in and through his actions, you feel you know him. But the narrator is too much a blank slate.
  33. Dec 17, 2014
    Oyun güzel.Hikaye güzel.Karakterler fena değil.Ama Bu Nasıl Son!Sonunun dışında güzel bir oyun.Açık dünya olmamasıda bir eksi ama...Düşük puanı haketmiyor ama yüksek puanıda hakettiğide şöylenemez.
  34. Dec 16, 2014
    Now thats what i call a game . In 2013 , I got bored of cover based shooters . I just liked Crysis 3 . Other games were just boring . But Bioshock infinite is not like those games . Its not like take cover then shoot then take cover and repeat . This game delivers a nice engaging and enjoyable gameplay. You can shoot very nicely . the shooting is fun . But its different from other FPSNow thats what i call a game . In 2013 , I got bored of cover based shooters . I just liked Crysis 3 . Other games were just boring . But Bioshock infinite is not like those games . Its not like take cover then shoot then take cover and repeat . This game delivers a nice engaging and enjoyable gameplay. You can shoot very nicely . the shooting is fun . But its different from other FPS games for its vigours . Using these genetic Abilities, you can Zap electricity , throw fireballs etc. So Its really great to play this game . The FPS lovers must play this . Expand
  35. Dec 12, 2014
    The game captivates you from the very beginning.

The once things become ugly, things also become interesting. You realize things are not as they seem - in a very scifi way.

And to top all that, your companion Elizabeth is incredibly charming and alive. I loved it.
  36. Dec 12, 2014
    This game blows your mind. As any of the Bioshock series. And this one in particular is so beautiful, the lights are very polished, the colors, the beautiful scenery, the soundtrack and the hard difficulty level gave me 12 hours of great gameplay. Totally recommended.
  37. Nov 26, 2014
    Amazing game. great graphics, nice and well used music. And most of all, the story was amazing. It make me thing a lot. especially one big events that change bookers life totally. Even if he didn't realize. may be I will meet that moment. or already met.
    Only bad thing is it may be too difficult to someone who play this seris first
  38. Nov 25, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is the best game I have ever played. Everything that makes a game good is in this game, just like Half-Life 2. It has an amazing story, average gameplay, well-developed characters and a great soundtrack. While the gameplay could be more fun, the story and characters outweigh the flaws which makes this game the best game I ever played.
  39. Nov 23, 2014
    Looking for a fun, original, FPS, that combines exciting, and adventurous gameplay, with deep and layered story telling? Look no further.

I consider this to be the greatest game of 2013, because I not only had the most fun playing this but I have never felt so emotionally invested in the characters (not even in the last of us). My only complaints would be that the main villain does not live up to the great Andrew Ryan, and it seems a little short. But that may just be because I completed it in one sitting.
  40. Nov 20, 2014
    You gotta play the game, if only to watch the breathtaking beauty of Columbia. No other setting in videogaming history can hope to get anywhere near close the sheer awesomeness of the flying city of Bioshock Infinite. Apart from that, the gameplay is good (although not flawless), the longevity is average for the genre and the plot is one of the best ever seen for a first person shooter -You gotta play the game, if only to watch the breathtaking beauty of Columbia. No other setting in videogaming history can hope to get anywhere near close the sheer awesomeness of the flying city of Bioshock Infinite. Apart from that, the gameplay is good (although not flawless), the longevity is average for the genre and the plot is one of the best ever seen for a first person shooter - that may not sound particularly impressive, considered that the average plot for a first person shooter is nonexistent, but the plot of Bioshock Infinite is actually good, and the game ends with a bang. This game is a must play, period. Expand
  41. Nov 15, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is not only visually stunning but has a phenomenal sense of storytelling. The dialogue and characters in this game are a clear cut about most contemporary fiction, and it tackles its own themes masterfully.

This being said I did not find the gameplay and combat in any way spectacular. They were definitely solid, but also boil down to spamming superpowers and the standard FPS fare. Even this is greatly redeemed by some expansive battle environments and a constant sense of tension.

I did find myself wanting to zoom through the game in order to proceed with the story, and ultimately I'm a bit reluctant to play it again. This being said, as a narrative artform there aren't many finer examples than this.
  42. Nov 15, 2014
    This game is a 10. If you didn't like it then you probably didn't understand what was going on. just shootin stuff. That said, Great gunplay augmented with super powers, great exploration, and fantastic characters, levels and plot. Perfect length. Online there are huge dissertations on how this story plays out and how the bioshock universe works. Gameplay aside, the artistic brilliance ofThis game is a 10. If you didn't like it then you probably didn't understand what was going on. just shootin stuff. That said, Great gunplay augmented with super powers, great exploration, and fantastic characters, levels and plot. Perfect length. Online there are huge dissertations on how this story plays out and how the bioshock universe works. Gameplay aside, the artistic brilliance of this fiction story cannot be understated. It is as detailed and fantastic as a full length science fiction book only you get to see it hear it and play it. If developers put a quarter as much creative thought into their games we would see a mass increase in quality. Expand
  43. Nov 9, 2014
    Solid game that is carried by its great story, characters, and environment. However it only consists of a main storyline, it has few hidden areas, easter eggs, and no side quests. While the vigors make combat somewhat interesting, it slowly becomes very boring fighting off countless waves of enemies with the best guns in the game. The dull gameplay and little variation of quests limitsSolid game that is carried by its great story, characters, and environment. However it only consists of a main storyline, it has few hidden areas, easter eggs, and no side quests. While the vigors make combat somewhat interesting, it slowly becomes very boring fighting off countless waves of enemies with the best guns in the game. The dull gameplay and little variation of quests limits this game from being great. Expand
  44. Oct 17, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a lovely game. Art direction, graphics and sound are superb. Made me think of Singularity and Dishonored at times. A beautiful first person shooter, and a must-have.
  45. Oct 4, 2014
    Pros: -Mesmerizing graphics (It actually makes references to 1900's USA and has rather decent attention to detail.) Best played with decent GPU to maximize enjoyment
    -Unique and interesting plot (It is not a explain-everything-from-the-start game that requires players to explore to learn more. A nice satire of social problems. The ending requires some brain work to digest and should not be taken at face value, which makes it amazing. If my professor calls it great I ain't arguing.)
    -Subtle character development (Some argues that they have 'lousy' character which I object. Their actions and conversations speak little by little and build up through the game.)
    -Music (Just beautiful.)
    -Combat mechanics (From shooting to melee to using vigor, it opens up room for creativity in dealing with enemies)

Cons: -Combat experience (Limited weapon choice and upgrades for a FPS. The shield kind of rewarded players for reckless shooting and hiding.)
    -Lackluster interaction with NPCs (Other than Booker and Eliz, other characters are just part of the story rather than the game.)

Tips: Read up on 1900's history to better appreciate the plot. Slowly digest the story while playing, people who rush to criticize it usually fail to pause and think. It requires understanding of satire and sarcasm to see the plot's golden value,
  46. Sep 30, 2014
    Probably the most gorgeous graphics and environment you will see in any game. Like one person said "mesmerising" and they are. I find myself so charmed by the surroundings that I just explore. That's the mark of something truly great. To watch a Hummingbird zip around your head or look at the floating city. It's just amazing, to say the least.The ambience and lighting in this game areProbably the most gorgeous graphics and environment you will see in any game. Like one person said "mesmerising" and they are. I find myself so charmed by the surroundings that I just explore. That's the mark of something truly great. To watch a Hummingbird zip around your head or look at the floating city. It's just amazing, to say the least.The ambience and lighting in this game are second to none. The gameplay is equally good. Zipping around the floating city on rails and jumping off, is just plain fun. Fun is the best word for this game. It actually got a bad rap for the way it portrays Elizabeth as "supposedly" this helpless waif who depends on you for survival. Not so. Remember the period this is set in. Women were "kind of" like that in that era so the authors were just trying to be period correct. She is actually fiercely independent as well. She picks locks, she fights, she tosses you ammo, health, salts and is quite an asset. I would hardly call her a "helpless waif". Fantastic game, polished to perfection and it deserves every good thing people have to say about it.You'd be hard pressed to find a better game out there. It's worth every penny. It is Soooooo fun. Expand
  47. Sep 22, 2014
    FPS couldn't get any better than this. its worth the money I spent. Gameplay and the characters will let you into the world. Best game of the generation. You will believe a city can fly.
  48. Sep 20, 2014
    Seeing as this is my first every Bioshock title I've played, I was pleasantly surprised to see how enjoyable the experience was despite being a newcomer to the series. The game is a competent FPS action-adventure with an intriguing storyline that entices you to keep playing more in order to solve the mystery about Elizabeth Comstock and the strange floating city of Columbia. Along withSeeing as this is my first every Bioshock title I've played, I was pleasantly surprised to see how enjoyable the experience was despite being a newcomer to the series. The game is a competent FPS action-adventure with an intriguing storyline that entices you to keep playing more in order to solve the mystery about Elizabeth Comstock and the strange floating city of Columbia. Along with high production values that you'd expect from a AAA title, it's no surprise that this title rated so well when released over a year ago. Expand
  49. Sep 13, 2014
    Im just going to say that is Bioshock. No, joke xD. you just have to see the end to know that this is a masterpiece. A lot of people say that The last of us is better, but NO. and i have also play the last of us, and i also think that is a masterpiece, but not as good as Bioshock Infinite.
  50. Sep 12, 2014
    Infinite is a great game, but I didn't find it to be the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be. The story is interesting and the ending will have you guessing what the heck just happened. But it honestly didn't draw me in and make me want to keep playing.I'm a huge fan of story based games but this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that the combat isn't as good as previousInfinite is a great game, but I didn't find it to be the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be. The story is interesting and the ending will have you guessing what the heck just happened. But it honestly didn't draw me in and make me want to keep playing.I'm a huge fan of story based games but this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that the combat isn't as good as previous games, the graphics are slightly dated (most likely due to consoles holding PC back so i can't really blame the game), the pacing is off, and there really isn't anything to due after you beat the game. In previous Bioshock games, you choices mattered and changed the ending. There is only one ending in Infinite and that's disappointing. However the game still gets many things right. The atmosphere is fantastic, Elizabeth's AI is great and the fact that she actually helps you in combat is something that more games should seek to add. I definitely enjoyed my time with the game and recommend playing it, just don't expect the flawless masterpiece so many people claim it is. Expand
  51. Sep 12, 2014
    Well, from the flawless gameplay to the amazing visuals, from the fantastic writing and extremely interesting plot to the great work of the voice actors - Bioshock Infinite is definitely one of the BEST video games of 2013.
  52. Aug 30, 2014
    Bioshock infinite is an great game, but it unfortunately doesn't quite match the original. Ludo-narrative dissonance is very evident in this game ruining the immersion. Each area is just a shooting gallery of copy-pasted baddies that u must slaughter in order to progress. The world of Columbia itself combined with the great and mind bending story is the saving grace of the game.
  53. Aug 28, 2014
    This game blew me away. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. The gameplay is great the story is excellent, pretty much everything about this game is excellent. I highly recommend getting this at full price and its a must own when a sale comes.
  54. Aug 23, 2014
    Bottom line, this game was fun to play. I like games with a good story and this one was exceptional, almost like reading a mystery novel. You had to pay attention. Like all Bioshock games the graphics were beautiful and the setting is unique. The soundtrack is clever. The combat was challenging and fun. The vigors seemed a bit repetitive at times, but not enough of a big deal to takeBottom line, this game was fun to play. I like games with a good story and this one was exceptional, almost like reading a mystery novel. You had to pay attention. Like all Bioshock games the graphics were beautiful and the setting is unique. The soundtrack is clever. The combat was challenging and fun. The vigors seemed a bit repetitive at times, but not enough of a big deal to take away from the experience. I'm usually not a big fan of followers in games, but Elizabeth was great. You enjoyed her being around and cared about what happened to her. If you are on the bubble of buying or playing the game, do it. You will be glad you did. Expand
  55. Aug 23, 2014
    This game starts and take us to a great journey in a spectacular way and the way it does no movie could do so perfectly as Bioshock Infinite does. It worth every penny you spend and if you have a good taste for amazing stories then this is your game. Prepare to a mind blowing experience.
  56. Aug 20, 2014
    Though not as gritty as the previous two installments, Bioshock Infinate still boasts a brilliant cohesive storyline with well drawn-out characters and a setting that is visually impressive. The graphics are great, the voice acting is great, the ending is convoluted and confusing but its the score that helped me get through the game. The score is none-short of amazing.

Overall the game

Overall the game isn't as good as the previous two but it's still a fantastic game with vast improvements and a great AI system where the AI actually help you out and not get in the way of thing.
  57. Aug 11, 2014
    For me this game was good, only good. But in compare to other games i ever played only Bad Company 2 haves better game play in single player story FPS games.
  58. Aug 8, 2014
    This game is amazing. The the graphic is very good. The storyline is good. The gameplay is very good with fps, vigor, and unique gun. You must try this game.
  59. Aug 6, 2014
    Just a very good game. Nice story, interesting enviroment, graphic on good level. Buy and play, no regret. Just a bit too many brainless shooting scenes, sometimes, which kill climate of this series. Above all - there's no way to be bored with game.
  60. Jul 31, 2014
    Considering all the loads of terrible FPS titles in recent years and my bad experience with previous Bioshock titles, I was really pleasantly surprised that Bioshock: Infinite is an excellent story-driven FPS. Hype is again pretty over the top as it always is with Bioshock series, but Infinite is definitely the best piece of the trilogy that I had by far the most fun playing through. Is itConsidering all the loads of terrible FPS titles in recent years and my bad experience with previous Bioshock titles, I was really pleasantly surprised that Bioshock: Infinite is an excellent story-driven FPS. Hype is again pretty over the top as it always is with Bioshock series, but Infinite is definitely the best piece of the trilogy that I had by far the most fun playing through. Is it linear, mainstream etc.? Yes, it still is, but it is extremely well done and I appreciate the effort. 8/10 Expand
  61. Jul 29, 2014
    Great game, probably the best in the series. Combat controls are excellent, bugs are nonexistent. The plot, characters, and environment are amazingly well done. A masterpiece of a game.
  62. Jul 28, 2014
    This is by far the best fps I have ever played. The plot is outstanding and the action is great, it was hard to pull myself away from it. The game isn't just horror based like bioshock 1 and 2, it revolves around a breathtaking plot which some points are designed to be scary. There was never a single moment when i felt finished or even frustrated with the game, if you haven't played itThis is by far the best fps I have ever played. The plot is outstanding and the action is great, it was hard to pull myself away from it. The game isn't just horror based like bioshock 1 and 2, it revolves around a breathtaking plot which some points are designed to be scary. There was never a single moment when i felt finished or even frustrated with the game, if you haven't played it yet, get it now. Expand
  63. Jul 22, 2014
    I really love Bioshock series,Infinite was one of the best game I played.I enjoy everything in the game and always ready to start this fantasy journey again.
  64. Jul 17, 2014
    BioShock Infinite was a beautiful game with great story telling and the end blew me away I had sit there thinking about it for about an hour until I finally gave up and googled it.this is a must buy it is probably my 3rd favourite game of all time.the gameplay was fun and fluid,this has really brought back what fps have become with things like cod and medal of honour ruining my love ofBioShock Infinite was a beautiful game with great story telling and the end blew me away I had sit there thinking about it for about an hour until I finally gave up and googled it.this is a must buy it is probably my 3rd favourite game of all time.the gameplay was fun and fluid,this has really brought back what fps have become with things like cod and medal of honour ruining my love of them anyway haters gonna hate but don't listen to them go and buy this game right now I mean it! Expand
  65. Jul 12, 2014
    This game is better than i thought. Although i thought it was way over rated at first i was wrong. Very very wrong in so many ways. Although i will still say that the gameplay isnt the greatest.
  66. Jul 8, 2014
    This is one of the most truly brilliant games I have ever played its one of those games that cements video gaming's status as an art form and the backgrounds are so insanely complex and detailed.Oh and 1 more thing:Would you kindly go out and buy this game.
  67. Jul 7, 2014
    Had to make an account just to write a review for this game. This is easily one of the best games I have played in the past 10 years. The world, art style, gameplay, voice acting, graphics, and mechanics are incredible and absolutely keep you hooked. The crown jewel of the game is really the story though. Its as good if not better than some of the top HBO shows, movies, etc.. EverythingHad to make an account just to write a review for this game. This is easily one of the best games I have played in the past 10 years. The world, art style, gameplay, voice acting, graphics, and mechanics are incredible and absolutely keep you hooked. The crown jewel of the game is really the story though. Its as good if not better than some of the top HBO shows, movies, etc.. Everything about it is perfection and I would not change a single thing. If you have not played this game it is a MUST. Expand
  68. Jul 4, 2014
    You find yourself in a tea partier's wet dream: a future that looks like the past. It's a whitewashed world with sinister undertones that you can't quite pin down until...Even the games menu pulls you into this world, to which you'll want to repeatedly return.

Just enough opportunity for exploration without making the levels too open. Great weapons and you'll enjoy the vigor. The

The only complaint I can muster is a too convoluted story for the last third that feels mostly like the developers just wanted to extend the game.

But it's that atmosphere that wins it.
  69. Jul 3, 2014
    just fantastic, the best game i have played in a long time.
    just fantastic, the best game i have played in a long time.
    some people's graphics have a couple of issues on the PC that can be fixed but once they are done its just great. the gameplay is easy to get lost in, the story has some truly remarkable moments that will have your mind doing somersaults. its totally different to the first two bioshock games, but also so close that you feel right at home. play through and you will see just how close it gets. many little nuances that keep you interested in the background and scenery.
    it manages to be both familiar and completely new, i have honestly never played anything quite so good. there are great games and then there are exceptional games, this definitely falls into the latter. if you are a fan of the first bioshock games then this is a game that you will love intensely.
    if you are new to the series i could see how it could seem a bit bewildering. there is so much intensity to the story, styling and background it could be overwhelming. all i could suggest is to play the others too and you will fall in love with the series.
    10 is not high enough praise from me.
  70. Jun 30, 2014
    Best game i ever played! totally recommended. The story is great, specially the ending (really unexpected, and makes you want to play it again), the characters are great, many powers you can use, good graphics, fun to play, many weapons and Upgrades.
    You should also buy the DLC season pass, which contains two "story modes" about previous bioshock stories, and Clash in the clouds, a mode of pure combat which also allows you to unlock more things about the story and the world.
    Highly recommended
  71. Jun 28, 2014
    The best game i've ever played. 100% sure. The best about Bioshock series is the fact that the games have no cutscenes and that makes the experience totally real. The scenary and the graphics are so beautiful you will feel the need to enjoy every second, notice every detail, explore every place. The story is beautiful, the characters captivating and the ending couldn't be more perfect. TheThe best game i've ever played. 100% sure. The best about Bioshock series is the fact that the games have no cutscenes and that makes the experience totally real. The scenary and the graphics are so beautiful you will feel the need to enjoy every second, notice every detail, explore every place. The story is beautiful, the characters captivating and the ending couldn't be more perfect. The gameplay is awesome, allows you to create strategies on your battles and fight in a lot of ways possible. Bioshock Infinite is not to be played, is to be lived. This game is an art piece, it's perfect. Expand
  72. Jun 27, 2014
    One of the greatest games I have played in a long while. I am not traditionally a FPS gamer but was sucked in by the very excellent storyline. I've played it through too many times now and always find something new. The graphics are stunning and is well thought out in terms of game play. Really, who can pass up the chance to play a game set in a steampunk city in the sky (Laputa anyone?).One of the greatest games I have played in a long while. I am not traditionally a FPS gamer but was sucked in by the very excellent storyline. I've played it through too many times now and always find something new. The graphics are stunning and is well thought out in terms of game play. Really, who can pass up the chance to play a game set in a steampunk city in the sky (Laputa anyone?). So much fun. So many hotdogs in drawers. I have recommended this game to all my game loving friends. Even if you don't like shooter games you'll like this as the story and visuals are the most compelling element. Just play this game already. Expand
  73. Jun 23, 2014
    I don't have words to explain this game, It's amazing.
    Any game will be better than the first Bioshock, but this, this game, this epic game is at the same level!
  74. Jun 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock infinite is a new concept, a new theme, a new story, a new city. Not only that, the city of Colombia is rich, meaning that it is alive with it's NPCs. Colombia was an amazing place to explore, and know the story and background of it. You play as Booker Dewitt, a gambler who is in debt, on getting the mysterious girl from the flying city. That girl is Elizabeth, and she is a unique character in videogame history. She has a personality, more than "I HAVE BOOBS AND I AM A GIRL" She interacts with the player; by throwing helpful things to you; ammo, weapons and first aid kits. And also the story is amazing and clever. also *spoilers* it has a shocking turn of events, and explains the hole concept of the game.

So far this game is Game of the Year 2013, such an amazing product from Ken Levine (he never disappoints)
    9.5/10
  75. Jun 13, 2014
    To put it simply Bioshock Infinite is the best game I have ever played. Stunning visuals, a phenomenal setting, enjoyable gunplay and the best story I've ever had the pleasure to play through.
  76. Jun 13, 2014
    Everything in this game have so much thought behind it. Its like a big web of intertwining relationships where nothing is left out to coincidence. The setting and atmosphere of Columbia is phenomenal, the story is soul shattering and the small parts of the game is of more much signifigance than first anticipated. The art and aestethics of the game are beautiful. Its an FPS combat game withEverything in this game have so much thought behind it. Its like a big web of intertwining relationships where nothing is left out to coincidence. The setting and atmosphere of Columbia is phenomenal, the story is soul shattering and the small parts of the game is of more much signifigance than first anticipated. The art and aestethics of the game are beautiful. Its an FPS combat game with a small tweak. And a very well one that is! The feedback makes a very lovely shooting experience. It seems that most people are dissatisfied with the over all combat gameplay and argue that the mechanics are weak. I strongly dissagree and think they consider what they believe is a good FPS combat game and why. Expand
  77. Jun 11, 2014
    I can't find anything to complain about in this game besides the moneyhatting DLCs. The game is one of the best looking I've ever seen, it lasts about 10 hours in the main campaign. It is a riveting story which makes you feel like the characters are real people. Definitely worth the cost.
  78. Jun 8, 2014
    I can honestly say that this is my favorite game of all time. I can't even explain how good everything is about this, just play it. Worth the time and money, I swear.
    I will say that it does help to have played the original Bioshock first, it just makes the little things better, but it isn't necessary (although I would strongly suggest it!)
  79. Jun 7, 2014
    This game is so awesome. The graphics are amazing, but one thing makes this game so good, that is the story. The story is kinda complicated and you'll have some hours just thinking on that. Although the gameplay is not that much, It's an FPS, with some basic weapons and upgrades, you have some special abilities, magic kind of stuff, which adds much to the game. And the graphics excellent,This game is so awesome. The graphics are amazing, but one thing makes this game so good, that is the story. The story is kinda complicated and you'll have some hours just thinking on that. Although the gameplay is not that much, It's an FPS, with some basic weapons and upgrades, you have some special abilities, magic kind of stuff, which adds much to the game. And the graphics excellent, which I mentioned before. Sometimes I just looked around how cool is this. It's a good game, it needs a try. But don't be disappointed, if you wanted some new things in the gameplay. It's a really good story-oriented game, that's it. Expand
  80. Jun 6, 2014
    with Elizabeth, you can travel fantastic world!
    the fight system was little bit not good, (you can only use few gun)
    but beautiful story and character are make you feel nice
  81. Jun 6, 2014
    Unforgettable game with awesome gameplay and breathtaking story. Its atmosphere, story and gameplay mixed together simply make an perfect game.

+ The greatest game story i have ever knew
    + Incredible atmosphere
    + Good gameplay and combat
    + Good voice acting and sound effects
    + Beautiful graphics

The most unforgettable game experience EVER!
  82. Jun 5, 2014
    gameplay storyline characters graphics bit to bit adrenaline pumping and exciting a great relief from the fps games. gotta be the game of year 2014. awaiting eagerly for the next edition
  83. May 30, 2014
    As someone who was a big fan of the first two Bioshock games, this game did not let me down. The environment, which in a Bioshock game is also pretty much a character, was stunningly portrayed: the graphics, the ambient sound, the random conversations and music... I did generally find the supporting characters to be less interesting than in previous games, but this was more than made upAs someone who was a big fan of the first two Bioshock games, this game did not let me down. The environment, which in a Bioshock game is also pretty much a character, was stunningly portrayed: the graphics, the ambient sound, the random conversations and music... I did generally find the supporting characters to be less interesting than in previous games, but this was more than made up for by the splendid duo of main characters. The story in which you find yourself is worthy of the Bioshock mantle, though far more bizarre and cryptic than previous titles. Gameplay-wise, it feels familiar enough while still introducing some awesome new features: you still fight your enemies with a combination of powers and weapons, but there are new options for utilizing the environment to your advantage (not to give any spoilers). Definitely a good choice for anyone who likes FPS games, but especially for gamers who love compelling stories. Expand
  84. May 28, 2014
    This game in my opinion is the best game of the best franchise of the generation. So just go buy it now it is well worth it. The story is amazing and complex but in a good way I don't know of any other games that touch on such deep and interesting theory and morals and then there is the ending which I won't go into because it is the best twist of any game story I know of it was worthThis game in my opinion is the best game of the best franchise of the generation. So just go buy it now it is well worth it. The story is amazing and complex but in a good way I don't know of any other games that touch on such deep and interesting theory and morals and then there is the ending which I won't go into because it is the best twist of any game story I know of it was worth playing it just for the ending but there is also so much more. Next up are the characters and the world. All of the main characters are amazingly deep and the best of these being Booker and Elizabeth both of which are amazingly voiced. Elizabeth in particular is astounding just the sheer effort and time put it her is amazing and all of this makes her one of the best and most likable characters in gaming. Last but by no means least is the environments and world as a whole it is simply stunning, the concepts and the way it is presented in its unique graphical style just blend together to create one of the most beautiful alive world's of any video game. All of this is backed up by solid game play that is fun fast and unique thanks to the addition of vigors, sky lines and tears. I can't recommend this game enough as it is one of my favourite games I have ever played just go out and play it you won't regret it and it will change the way you look at video games forever. Expand
  85. May 27, 2014
    One of the best games I've played in my life. Bioshock Infinite may be confusing (not for me) sometimes, but it story is perfect. Graphics? Nearly perfects. Gameplay? That's what I call FPS. The details, every character is unique, especially Elizabeth. Super interactive and a beautiful character, she's what gave life to the game.
    I love Bioshock Infinite, the symbol of the generation.
  86. May 24, 2014
    This game is awesome.
    Columbia is so colorful,charming.(I loved the railsliding part the most.)
    The story is great,and i enjoyed the combat as I rarely play FPS games.
    I think the graphics were good,even on very low setting it gave me a feeling.(not counting the cut animations)
  87. May 11, 2014
    BioShock Infinite is undoubtedly a fun game. It's setting allows for incredible gunfights that almost never get boring. It's compelling story keeps it from being another generic shooter. I's art style is incredible, making the already good game even better.
    But it does have flaws.
    But it does have flaws.
    The game only provides around 10 hours of fun. There seems to be choice, but in reality all your choices are insignificant. While this isn't a big problem for your first play through, it removes all replay value. The game completely abandoned the city of Rapture, Big Daddies, and the dark atmosphere of the other games, which made it feel less like a BioShock game than it should have. You can only hold two weapons at a time, which is a problem for some people. (Not for me; I felt like it added to the experience, but what do I know?) Lastly, there's the issue of the ending. I won't spoil it, but let me say it was probably the deepest ending to a game in human history. IF you could understand it. Missing even single lines of speech can make the ending too confusing to understand. Once you do understand it though, prepare to have your mind blown.
    Now I know it seems like I'm hating on this game, but I really already described all of it's flaws. It's definitely worth your $20.
  88. May 11, 2014
    This is the first game of the series I have played, and afterwards I feel ashamed I have not played any of them before.
    The game is purely beautiful; the amount of little snippets put into each scene and every little detail is absolutely superb, being supported by its incredible graphics that really show off the creativity of the developers. Not one location seemed insignificant – each had its own unique atmosphere – which could not have been improved upon.
    The story is one of the most complex stories I have ever experienced in a game – probably not helping that I had not played either of the previous games – but the sheer scale of the story is its strongest point. There are so many twists and turns throughout the game, all of which still link together and make sense, which often makes you become awe-dropped. A story so complex as this certainly lets me know that the developers truly loved creating it, as its depth and delivery holds up persistently in the game. However, it is a difficult story to figure out – I had to do some external research after completing the game in order to understand it fully – but it is a puzzle I enjoyed learning about.
    Its gameplay becomes marginally repetitive, but with the customization through gear, infusions, vigors and the broad range of weaponry, it holds up very well to ensure players use different tactics for each encounter. Additionally, the animations occasionally clash with the surroundings, but thankfully that is only a rare fault.
    Concluding, ‘Bioshock Infinite’ is a masterpiece of fantasy, a game that truly delivers in story and graphics, making the game an infinite classic.
  89. May 11, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite totally met my expectations. You start a game as a not so well prospering detective Booker Dewitt with a simple task to bring kidnapped girl back to home from flying(?) city. The more you play the less you really know what the hell is really happening in this idyll in the sky. Irrational Games did extreme job so you can fall in love with two main characters. AndBioshock Infinite totally met my expectations. You start a game as a not so well prospering detective Booker Dewitt with a simple task to bring kidnapped girl back to home from flying(?) city. The more you play the less you really know what the hell is really happening in this idyll in the sky. Irrational Games did extreme job so you can fall in love with two main characters. And everything ends with the jaw-dropping and mind-blowing ending. The only negative I can find is kind of simple enemy AI with for ex. limited area they can chase you, but this game is not much about fighting. Story, beautifully crafted graphics and an enormous focus on details around the Bioshock Infinite mystery will give you a solid campaign experience you will not forget for a long time. Expand
  90. May 2, 2014
    +Stunning graphics
    +Damn fine story
    +A.I Companion is not a burden to you +GEARS! WOOOOO! +1999 mode - Loved it! +Huge amount of Easter Eggs and Secrets -Generic shooting mechanics -Vigors isn't useful than the plasmids from the original bioshock -R.I.P Irrational Games *Ken Levine got fired* -Less Exploring than the original. -Scavenging isn't a priority since you can just but
    +Stunning graphics
    +Damn fine story
    +A.I Companion is not a burden to you
    +GEARS! WOOOOO!
    +1999 mode - Loved it!
    +Huge amount of Easter Eggs and Secrets

-Generic shooting mechanics
    -Vigors isn't useful than the plasmids from the original bioshock
    -R.I.P Irrational Games *Ken Levine got fired*
    -Less Exploring than the original.
    -Scavenging isn't a priority since you can just but ammo on vendos
  91. Apr 27, 2014
    Thought this game was amazing. Beat it from dusk to dawn. Gameplay was a bit repetitive but going through plots of the story was a blast. There were memorable moments and the voice acting and characters were spot-on.
  92. Apr 27, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a visual masterpiece with solid and fun game play. The story and outcome is similar to past Bioshock games, sadly Ken Levine is somewhat of a one-trick pony in that regard. That being said, the game on its own is an experience and can be enjoyed thoroughly without the older games.
  93. Apr 27, 2014
    BioShock Infinite is hands-down the best story-driven singleplayer game ever developed in the video game industry. It is also the only game i've seen so far that really pushes all the way out to display the beauty of the ageing Unreal Engine 3. Perfect combination of an ambient and atmospheric environment. Something that i'd also like to point out is the voice acting! Superb, superb voiceBioShock Infinite is hands-down the best story-driven singleplayer game ever developed in the video game industry. It is also the only game i've seen so far that really pushes all the way out to display the beauty of the ageing Unreal Engine 3. Perfect combination of an ambient and atmospheric environment. Something that i'd also like to point out is the voice acting! Superb, superb voice acting.

The storyline really very intriguing and tastes really good (slurp..), definitely one that i would remember forever.

A negative point of the game is it's highly controversial approach to the storyline, with much racism and skepticism that is somewhat off-the-charts ( at least to me personally). Plus the confusing & abrupt ending.

Overall, i did enjoyed the game a lot, 9/10. A real must-get.
  94. Apr 21, 2014
    This is one of the most stunningly beautiful games I have ever played. The entire game is phenomenal in it's own regard. The story is in my opinion, one of the most amazing plots I've ever played in a game, or anything for that matter. The characters become real as you progress further into the game, and you really develop a connection to Booker and Elizabeth. The game play is fun, fast,This is one of the most stunningly beautiful games I have ever played. The entire game is phenomenal in it's own regard. The story is in my opinion, one of the most amazing plots I've ever played in a game, or anything for that matter. The characters become real as you progress further into the game, and you really develop a connection to Booker and Elizabeth. The game play is fun, fast, and difficult. This adventure is tough, and makes it challenging for the average game player. I highly recommend this game, especially when you have a PC that can really stretch it's legs and run this game on Ultra. Even if you can't play with it on Ultra, it's still a beautiful game on low. Thanks for reading my review! Expand
  95. Apr 1, 2014
    German ;) : Seit langem mal wieder ein Shooter, der Storymäßig und Atmospherisch unter die aut geht. Vor allem die Liebe zum Detail, die Lebendigkeit der Welt, welche vom Setting her so unverbraucht wie kaum etwas anderes ist (Eine Fliegende Strahlende Stadt über den Wolken im Jahre 1912, durchdrungen von Prunk, Technik, Korruption, Irrglauben und revolutionären Gedanken und einem HauchGerman ;) : Seit langem mal wieder ein Shooter, der Storymäßig und Atmospherisch unter die aut geht. Vor allem die Liebe zum Detail, die Lebendigkeit der Welt, welche vom Setting her so unverbraucht wie kaum etwas anderes ist (Eine Fliegende Strahlende Stadt über den Wolken im Jahre 1912, durchdrungen von Prunk, Technik, Korruption, Irrglauben und revolutionären Gedanken und einem Hauch Magie und Paranormalem), macht dieses Spiel zu etwas unvergleichbaren. Lediglich der moderne Ansatz den Spieler zu lange am Leben zu lassen macht Spielspaßtechnisch einem Shooter-Fan der alten Schule hier einen leichten Strich durch die Rechnung .... Trotzdem 11/10 Punkten ;D Expand
  96. Mar 30, 2014
    BioShock Infinite spoiler-free review.
    BioShock: Infinite is an amazing game that's incredibly well thought and enjoyable from start to finish.
    BioShock Infinite spoiler-free review.
    Like I started the review for the original BioShock, I'll talk about the world. Irrational Games manages to keep the tradition of making the world a character and make it tell it's own story. Although the world tells it's own story, it has a lot more diminished impact, considering that now you are a speaking character (Booker Dewitt) accompanied by a talking character as well (Elizabeth) which distract you from admiring the world and just staring at it at times. The story. This game's shorter than the first BioShock, but much more focused, with better witing (and BioShock's writing wasn't bad at all), much more interesting and relatable. It was filled with emotions that few games achieved last year (The Last of Us, Gone Home). The Graphics aren't as realistic in 2013 as BioShock's were in 2007, but that's because Irrational takes a much more artistic approach and one that pays off. The music in this game is extraordinary, and really make emotional moments 10 times much more meaningful. The sounds are very good as well, no complaints there. The gameplay. Now, everyone thinks that this is a weak part in the game, but it really isn't. Although plasmids (now called vigors) don't make much of a difference in combat, and it doesn't change the first person shooter genre (like BioShock did), it's a satisfying gameplay and it's a lot of fun (although you might want to play it in hard like I did, because normal and easy difficulty don't bring any challenge). AI is great and Elizabeth really changes combat, by helping you with supplies.
    After all BioShock: Infinite is an incredible ride with an ending that will make you want to replay the game from a whole new pespective.
    Average score: 9.7/10
  97. Mar 29, 2014
    Despite the fact that the 2 first Bioshock games were pretty good, they both pale in comparison to this one. The story is much deeper and one of the best ones I've seen in a while and the gameplay is also more interesting and fun with the new ability to open tears and some new powers that are even more awesome than the ones in previous games.

If anyone out there has played the first to

If anyone out there has played the first to games, but still played this one yet, then they definitely should.
  98. Mar 27, 2014
    With far less emphasis on level design compared to bioshock1, bioshock infinite is all about the story and the characters gameplay is watered down with the choice of carrying only two weapons like most of those generic mediocre military shooters on the market. But the vigors/plasmids, the beautiful city of Colombia on the unreal 3 engine and Elizabeth is what makes infinite worth playing.
  99. Mar 17, 2014
    The game was fun and all, but I don't get why people are so "touched" by it. I get that it's a triple AAA game but seriously, why? Anyway, the hook is pretty cool. Helped me a lot during the last boss battle. The graphics are nice and you get to have a pretty companion who helps you pick up items when you need them. I can't really remember the rest snce it's been a few months since I'veThe game was fun and all, but I don't get why people are so "touched" by it. I get that it's a triple AAA game but seriously, why? Anyway, the hook is pretty cool. Helped me a lot during the last boss battle. The graphics are nice and you get to have a pretty companion who helps you pick up items when you need them. I can't really remember the rest snce it's been a few months since I've finished the game but I did like it. Expand
  100. Mar 16, 2014
    Good game, good story line and good graphics though i don't kinda like the way it looks.. they just need to improve the gameplay a little bit and make it less repetitive, coz repetitive will bring you to boredom..

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]