8.5

1. Apr 1, 2014
    German ;) : Seit langem mal wieder ein Shooter, der Storymäßig und Atmospherisch unter die aut geht. Vor allem die Liebe zum Detail, die Lebendigkeit der Welt, welche vom Setting her so unverbraucht wie kaum etwas anderes ist (Eine Fliegende Strahlende Stadt über den Wolken im Jahre 1912, durchdrungen von Prunk, Technik, Korruption, Irrglauben und revolutionären Gedanken und einem Hauch Magie und Paranormalem), macht dieses Spiel zu etwas unvergleichbaren. Lediglich der moderne Ansatz den Spieler zu lange am Leben zu lassen macht Spielspaßtechnisch einem Shooter-Fan der alten Schule hier einen leichten Strich durch die Rechnung .... Trotzdem 11/10 Punkten ;D Expand
  2. Mar 30, 2014
    BioShock Infinite spoiler-free review.
    BioShock: Infinite is an amazing game that's incredibly well thought and enjoyable from start to finish.
    Like I started the review for the original BioShock, I'll talk about the world. Irrational Games manages to keep the tradition of making the world a character and make it tell it's own story. Although the world tells it's own story, it has a lot
    more diminished impact, considering that now you are a speaking character (Booker Dewitt) accompanied by a talking character as well (Elizabeth) which distract you from admiring the world and just staring at it at times. The story. This game's shorter than the first BioShock, but much more focused, with better witing (and BioShock's writing wasn't bad at all), much more interesting and relatable. It was filled with emotions that few games achieved last year (The Last of Us, Gone Home). The Graphics aren't as realistic in 2013 as BioShock's were in 2007, but that's because Irrational takes a much more artistic approach and one that pays off. The music in this game is extraordinary, and really make emotional moments 10 times much more meaningful. The sounds are very good as well, no complaints there. The gameplay. Now, everyone thinks that this is a weak part in the game, but it really isn't. Although plasmids (now called vigors) don't make much of a difference in combat, and it doesn't change the first person shooter genre (like BioShock did), it's a satisfying gameplay and it's a lot of fun (although you might want to play it in hard like I did, because normal and easy difficulty don't bring any challenge). AI is great and Elizabeth really changes combat, by helping you with supplies.
    After all BioShock: Infinite is an incredible ride with an ending that will make you want to replay the game from a whole new pespective.
    Average score: 9.7/10
  3. Mar 29, 2014
    Despite the fact that the 2 first Bioshock games were pretty good, they both pale in comparison to this one. The story is much deeper and one of the best ones I've seen in a while and the gameplay is also more interesting and fun with the new ability to open tears and some new powers that are even more awesome than the ones in previous games.

If anyone out there has played the first to
    games, but still played this one yet, then they definitely should. Expand
  4. Mar 16, 2014
    This is one great experiences, and surely one of the best of last-gen. BioShock Infinite has a unique artistic style and a highly detailed world to go along with a good story. There are parts where it feels like there's just too much combat, but the fact that the combat is fun, and the story is good, you just want to keep pushing through to see what happens next. Although it's not as great as the original, it's still a game that deserves to be played. Expand
  5. Mar 13, 2014
    Is this game as good as what people say it is? Yes of course. The game oozes both theme, style and beauty paired with a suspenseful story with a juicy ending. Gameplay is fun, though not everyone's cup of tea, it is still versatile and fun. Though the story does lack a rather slow sluggish start, when it picks up pace, you will fall in love with this game. A must play.
  6. Mar 8, 2014
    A remarkable story that puts the Bioshock franchise in a place where anything can happen next and everything from the series were placed together.

Deep and engaging characters, astonishing visuals and a truly rich backstory fulfilled with a mixture of history and fantasy, covering aspects of our society like the struggle of social classes or religion and state exploit, make one of the
    best games of all time.

Bugs at the beginning, some boring mechanics, unjustified excessive violence, bad design/budget decisions, the well known millions of chain quests covering the same places over and over, and mostly the unbelievable absence of a decent save system almost ruin the game or make it average, but the good points are just awesome and hold Bioshock Infinite like an awesome, over the top game.

It's a good mix of action and story - entertainment and art excellence.
    (some technical mess, but it's all right)

____________________________________________

PS For those who needs the subtitle help in a foreign language:

You may get lost at the end of the story, because it's deep and explained too fast. Play it again or simply search for the story explained via web to help you understand it if needed.
  7. Mar 7, 2014
    the reason why alot of people are saying the graphics suck is because they don't know what art style the developers were going for, the story is amazing and the gameplay is fun, definetley worth picking up
  8. Mar 4, 2014
    Like mentioned by other graphics are stunning. I spent ages searching around the little bits of the linear path just to make sure I have not missed anything. Thought the story was good as well and your AI buddy does not get in the way like other games and occasionally likes to throw money and guns at you, which is always a bonus! I am looking forward to getting round to buying and giving the dlc a play through. Expand
  9. Feb 25, 2014
    i mean you can not say that is was a bad game anyway this was the best best game i have ever played wonderful story awesome ending and you are just bioshocked when it ends!
  10. Feb 24, 2014
    /// sorry for bad english/// bioshock infinite best game in which I played an incredible story introducing the head, great graphics(not for innovation , a wonderful atmosphere and beauty) , the combat system was estimated at low levels of complexity recommend to take the 1999 mode , this game is so good that I played 90 hours approximately 5 playthroughs ,you won't believe I just enjoy beautiful locations ,and plot ,but really ,this is the best game at the time of 2013. 10 out of 10 masterpiece Expand
  11. Feb 22, 2014
    I consider myself a hardcore gamer. I do not like games that aren't **** brilliant. This game is so good I don't even know where to begin. I played it on one of the lowest graphics available, it still had one of the best graphics I have ever seen. The story is almost as good as the story in Oblivion, Ocarina of time, Suidoken etc. People that say that the story in this game is bad are RETARDED. I'm not even trying to be funny. They much REALLY have a low IQ. This story is so **** complex and amazing that I am now(2 hours after completing the game) still in a **** chock of wonder. The story is, although, very complex. I had to go online for explaination because so much of the story was thrown at you in the last 15 minutes of the game. That, and the "lack of story" throughout the mid-part of the game ares two of the reasons im giving it a 9. Another thing that is mindblowing are all the small details of the story. The story is so incredibly well-written that I'm actually stunned by it's depth. Although I donwloaded this game(I wouldn't have if I knew how good it was) I higly recommend you buying it. If you regret it, you are probably retarded and should stick to **** games, e.g CoD like the rest of the 12 year olds. Expand
  12. Feb 14, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game, with a great story, outstanding and colourful world and overall GOOD gameplay it is one of 2013's best. There are only a few main negative points that Infinite carries which is which are its lack of meaningful player decisions, a lame final battle. and a few hallway-shooter levels. The last ~3 minutes or so of the game will tie up all loose ends from the game and some that you didn't even know existed.

13. Jan 27, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite must be one of the most cleverly designed games I’ve ever played. All design decisions made by the developers subtly direct the player towards interesting themes that keep reverberating throughout the story. This Bioshock game takes place in a different utopia that floats in the sky. Infinite’s gameworld, Columbia, is given incredible detail and is probably the most vibrant and dynamic city portrayed in gaming. Irrational Games designed characters that exude lively animations and personalities that, for the first time in the franchise, provoked genuine emotional reactions out of me. You play as an ex-Pinkerton agent assigned with a rather simple task that gets complicated quickly. Throughout your adventure in Columbia, the player is presented with some of the most uncomfortable and controversial game moments and takes a new approach with choice and morality. However, these segments are beautifully tied into the story’s theme and portrayed with such narrative finesse that the player’s discomfort is also accompanied with awe and amazement.

While Bioshock Infinite doesn’t have the incredible level design its predecessors had, the game has extremely balanced gameplay that struggles between exploration, combat, and story. All details of Infinite are so carefully considered, it would be silly to assume that Irrational Games got lazy when designing the combat. If the combat system became any more complicated with extra secondary goals and additional exploration, it would disrupt the balance between the narrative and ultimately force the player to focus less on the story. While I would prefer that my Booker DeWitt had the ability to carry all accessible weapons with him, the two-weapon system doesn’t necessary bother me. Almost all weapons are very well balanced and merely cater to different gameplay styles without offering noticeable advantages in combat. In addition, I found that Vigors are a much more appealing magic system than the Plasmids in Rapture. The various Vigors react with each other differently and offer much more depth to the gameplay if you decide to experiment with them. The defensive Vigors, such as Return to Sender and an upgraded Charge, can become life savers on higher difficulties. It’s incredibly rewarding when the player perseveres through a challenging combat situation by cleverly utilizing their Vigor arsenal. Bioshock Infinite is one of the most colorful games ever crafted and steers the shooter genre in a new direction with its fluid gameplay and remarkable narration.
  14. Jan 27, 2014
    Bioshock was my Game of the Year of 2013. In order to have a full understanding and experience, play the other Bioshock's before starting Infinite.
    The graphics are gorgeous and stunning on PC, the gameplay and shooter mechanics are smooth and exceptional.
    What really drives Infinite is the story line. Not ruining anything, but the ending is confusing to many people and I suggest once
    you have finished, youtube the ending of Bioshock Infinite explained in full detail.
    Elizabeth is a companion that is never going to be forgotten. She not only helps you in battle, but she is what drives the story. Elizabeth, you could say, is the centerpiece throughout the entire game.
    The vigors are well thought and interpreted, as this gives the player many options to chose how they want to approach a battle. Planning is essential on the higher difficulties, especially 1999 mode.
    However, the game does not feature enough guns, and I found myself sticking with the same guns throughout the whole game.
    All in all, one of the best story-driven, first-person shooters I have ever played. Please continue to amaze us, 2K and Irrational Games.
  15. Jan 27, 2014
    Relish this game. Take it all in. Beautiful and gripping from pillar to post! One of the best games ive ever played...to date! I find it hard to comprehend how some people score it low. If its not your cup of tea its worth at least a 7/10 for its sheer graphical quality and beauty!
  16. Jan 26, 2014
    Back in the year 2007, the company Irrational Games released BioShock, which was a fantastic first person shooter that brought new things to the table that brought a more unique flare to the tried and true FPS genre. This game had an amazing storyline, superpowers that change the way the game can be played, and beautiful graphics. The game was fantastic, and critically acclaimed by critics and FPS fans alike. Then in 2010, a sequel called BioShock 2 was released. This game was not made by the same developer. Despite this however, the game was considered great, but not as good as its predecessor. Now the series is back with BioShock Infinite, a game with a different setting from the first two games, but is still made by the developer of the first game. So, does this game live up to the legacy of its predecessors, or should the developers have just stuck with the original setting? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is very similar to its predecessors. It is a first person shooter with many weapons for you to mess around with. This game has all of the weapons that an FPS fan could ask for. It has machine guns, shotguns, pistols, and even grenade launchers. This may sound like your generic FPS at first, but this game also has something that changes the gameplay quite a bit. You also have these amazing superpowers called vigors. Vigors give your character special powers such as the ability to throw fire into your enemy's faces, zapping them with lightning, and even murdering them with a horde of crows. Overall, this game's gameplay is not much different from it's predecessors at all, except that it seems to appeal more to the modern FPS fan then a classic one. After all, this time you can only have two weapons at a time, and you can only wield two vigors at a time. However, this isn't much of a problem considering that it is still fun to play despite this restriction. The gameplay of this game is quite fantastic overall. The graphics of this game have got to be the most beautiful I have ever seen in any video game. I'm not kidding. This game's graphics are just so beautiful it is crazy. Everything is rich with detail, along with being bright and colorful. The setting is probably the most beautiful part however. It is a city in the clouds that is filled with posters, billboards and the like talking about how amazing the place is. The people in the game are realistic looking, the clouds in the sky are a nice touch, and I could go on and on. This game is about as beautiful as a modern FPS can get. As for the story, it is quite possibly the best story that I have ever heard in my life. That is not a joke. This story is so amazing it is ridiculous. It starts with you, the main character Booker DeWitt, who is threatened with death if he doesn't complete his mission. His mission is to "Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt,". This girl is Elizabeth, who you will meet later in the game, who will be your sidekick later on. Along the way, you get caught up in a conflict with the game's main villain, Zachary Hale Comstock who created the city of Columbia, which is where the game takes place. The story is told like a classic animated Disney movie, and is filled with themes such as racism and religion. The story is handled quite fantastically, and is told very well.
    Overall, this game definitely lives up to the legacy of its predecessors. It is a game that absolutely everyone needs to play. It is one of the best games I have ever played in my life. My only real problem with it is that it is too much like a modern shooter, where the other games in the franchise were more like a classic FPS.
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  17. Jan 25, 2014
    I really liked this game. Really really liked it. Its graphics are fantastic, theme is spot-on, and the gameplay is rock-solid. The only complaints I have (relatively minor ones) stem from the story and characters.

Starting off with the graphics: I'm so glad my upgraded PC can run this on max. While some areas of the game aren't really that amazing from a technical standpoint, going
    outside in Columbia is a revelation. Not only did I appreciate the lighting, textures, and particle effects, but felt that they aided my absorption into the game.

The astounding graphics tie into my next love of the game: the theme. Columbia is breathtaking. The old-timey machines, voices, and buildings are breathtaking. This game made 1912 interesting, a mean feat considering how boring I found it previously. The ideas behind this game are varied, and I have no doubt that they could carry a prequel or a sequel if one was made.

Gameplay finally. Weapons feel punchy and dangerous. Vigors were better implemented in this game than they were in the first Bioshock; they were a key aspect of most of my battles. Elizabeth's 'tearing' saved my ass so many times that I'm not even sure I would have beat the game without it. Skylines are just the best idea ever, although I did find myself over-using them because of the almost-complete safety they gave me. Airship battles: not restricting at all, which I thought they would be. The enemies also kept you on your toes, with the Handymen and crow guys standing out for me. Some people say the gameplay is nothing special, and objectively that may be so, but I did really feel like Booker DeWitt trying to survive in this weird new world whenever I was in combat.

Now to the goddamn story and characters. Without spoiling much, I loved Elizabeth (as most do). Pretty much all of the moments of happiness, sadness, and compassion were because of her. Only times I didn't like her was when she was wayyyyy too clued-in to what was going on to make any sense (read: the ending). However, that's more of a story problem than hers. Comstock was one-dimensional, racist, bible-bashing, but entertaining enough. Booker has a bit of an uneven story; he turns from being vital to the plot to almost invisible many times throughout the game. Other characters range from great (Lutece twins) to okay (Jeremiah Fink) to bad (Daisy Fitzroy).

The story itself, well, I really really really liked it. Ranging from figuring out what the hell is going on to trying to escape to, well, the endgame, I had a blast throughout. I genuinely looked forward to every new location in the game. Only problem; the ending was rushed. I loved the ideas behind it, but they could have been paced better to give the player time to breathe. That being said, the whole ending sequence was so thought-provoking I want to replay the game just to see what I missed. I could go on with my opinion on the story, but I don't really feel like it. It's really an 'in the moment' game.

Overall, a great game.
  18. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is not often you play a game and then immediately afterwards want to talk about your feelings and experience. System Shock 1 did not do that for me, not even System Shock 2 and I still have my original CDs of that game. SS2 was one of my best games all time by the way. Like it or not - games have moved on and the consolisation of our beloved PC games continues. Shame I say!

Bioshock Infinite is a lot like the original Bioshock. However, some things have been changed for the better - some for the worse. You are now travelling amongst the clouds, in a magical floating city where Humming Birds, Candy Floss and rainbows stretch across the horizon. It follows after one of the best introductions in a video game - starting with the standard man, boat, lighthouse and ending up in the amazing chapel. At the beginning - you sort of explore - play some games in the fairground - see the happy locals living their privelaged life.

Like the orginal BIoshocks - the game is extremely linear - this time there is no illusion that you are free to choose your path. What you are playing is an interactive story and believe me - it is the best interactive story you could ever take part in. Bringing in film, books and gaming together - the end result, and I mean when you get to THE END - you will think and feel like you never have before in gaming.

I liked the moment in the beginning chapel and getting baptised. I liked exploring the opening fairground and taking part in the games. I was surprised by the lottery section and the comment it made on mixed marriages. I liked the use of the sky rails and had not experienced that in a video game before. I liked the combat but found I was often reminded to use the vigours - unlike Bioshock 1 and 2. I liked the beach, the American Indian and Chinese Boxers sections. I liked the build up to your initial meeting with Elizabeth.

The experience with the Elizabeth character was just so amazing and wonderful - totally unique - no - nothing like Alyx in Half Life 2 - much better. Watching the Elizabeth character change over the course of the game was heart wrenching and your inability of stopping that was difficult to take. Remember - you are not in control of this game - you go and do what you are told - you live the story and play your role.

Technically - the game is not better than SS2 or BS1 - but the story telling sets this game apart from any other I have experienced - give it a go, please. Take your time and do not rush - explore the world - struggle through the bad interface and dumbed down options - you will thank me.

Hmm - anything wrong with the game? Well - let's say I would have done some things different - too much shooter for me. Somethings seem to have been taken out or put in at the last minute - it's obvious but all that never really affected my experience, or my feelings.

I think this thing of leaving bits of the story and background in voicemails needs to improve in the future - we gamers really need this a bit more directly - we all don't have time to search the intranet to find answers once we complete a game - please give us more info next time. Some character interaction with the citizens with the world would help that.

So - on to the feelings and thinking bit - BI is a grown up game - younger people might like the (standard) shooty shooty, I would not. Without the story telling this game is not a "Shock". It becomes a standard shooter.

Racism, Equality, The Nature of Power, Violence, Religion, Technology. Family. Children. The choices we make. What is gaming for?

I am giving this a 9/10 with Skyrim being a 10/10. I don't understand the haters below that are giving it a fat zero. Obviously a game can move from a 7 to a 10, some guys might be really into this one and give it a 10. I would not say it is excessive. But zeros? All their criticism is valid though -

Some ways this is worse than Bioshock - the story telling is better.
    Bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt.
    Elizabeth: Booker, are you afraid of God? Booker DeWitt: No. But I'm afraid of you.
    The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist.
    The seed of the prophet shall sit the throne, and drown in flame the mountains of man.
    Love the Prophet, cause he loves the Sinner, Love the Sinner, Because he is you. Without the Sinner, what need is there for a redeemer? Without Sin, what grace has forgiveness?
    What exactly was the great emancipator, emancipating the negro from? From his daily bread, from the nobility of honest days work, from wealthy patrons who sponsered them from cradle to grave. Front clothing and shelter and what have they done?, Why go to Finkton and you shall find out. No man is born free, except the white man, and it is our burden to care for the rest of creation.

The ending is the best ending EVER in a video game - show me better if you can.
  19. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Game is beautiful, the voice acting is great, especially by Troy Baker, the story really makes you think, and doesn't have the weak ending that Bioshock 1 and 2 had, the gameplay is ok, but this game is a masterpiece. Expand
  20. Jan 17, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is for sure a top game of 2013 and perhaps of all time. With visually stunning graphics and a story that pulls you deeper than almost any other, the game deserves special attention from true gamers. Bioshock Infinite is a near masterpiece.
  21. Jan 16, 2014
    Amazing, unbelievable and fun. The art looks like it was made by saints and the story by unknown divine beings. If you don't like this game then you are probably one of those dota players that live in a bubble. After finishing it for like 7 times I will continue doing so until a better game gets released. Definitely my favourite title for a very long time.
  22. Jan 15, 2014
    I have been playing computer games since the days of space invaders, I have played and seen it all so I'm in no small way fussy and a little jaded. I have never given a game a perfect score so this is a first for me.

At its core Bioshock Infinite is a simple shooter, its not overly clever and its not trying to be. What sets it apart from the crowd is its superb blend of story, graphics
    and its pure imagination. Its not too much of a stretch to call this game a playable work of art.

I adored every exquisite, artistic moment of this game. There are times when it truly takes your breadth away. I'm in awe of its creators and how far we have come with game technology.

So hey stop listening to me gush. Bioshock Infinite is on EBay and other sites for prices that are an absolute steal. Go get a copy.
  23. Jan 10, 2014
    This is one hard game to judge and to review, because it has so much but at the same it has so little. But I want to be clear from the start: yes, it is a good game. Yes, it has a very good story. Yes, it is a better shooter than normal. No, it's definitely not a masterpiece that everyone assume: it has flaws and those flaws are huge that cannot be avoided, especially considering I LOVED the original (especially System Shock), and I was expecting so much from this game, but when I heard of thecontent they had, but later removed, I just waited for a discount. Something that I didn't do for the original.

What's good in it:

1)The story is the best part of the game and despite confusing at first...it will be still confusing later on, until you end the game, and hardly any game nowadays is able to do hook you like this game, especially an fps game. I won't spoil the story, but it's interesting and very engaging. Is it flawless? No, but it's still good. And that's what counts.

2) The combat, while being a shooter, is actually pretty good although not very innovative, but if we have to compare to other "modern" fps game this is way higher on the scale: the vigors, while being not exceptional comparing to the original Bioshock, it still gives some variation on the fight and combined with your weapons (I'll talk about it) and also the sky-line fights, it gives some good combat now and then
    and it was ok and enjoyable. Only downside is that the fights are far too easy (I played on normal) so unless you want a challenge, you'll have to fight on highest difficulty, especially since your partner (Elizabeth) will provide support now and then. Not perfect, but definitely better than the average fps.

3) I finished the game in about 10 hours, doing the most I can and trying to gather most of the powerups I could get (the pots), so even on length it's pretty good too considering most of fps nowadays, if you're lucky, will last about 5 hour or so, even less if you like to rush on the game. Sure the game will last less than 10 hours if you rush but, once again, if we have to compare to other fps, it's pretty lengthy. On its own, it's good enough: not too long, not too short.

What's bad in it:

1)You can only carry 2 weapons at once and, unless you find the weapon somewhere, you'll be stuck with the two you've got; this alone will make most of the weapons useless, because you'll focus on just 2 weapons most of the time and only them for the rest of the game: a pity because not only the original you could carry all of the weapons, but each one was useful (even the wrench, with the right upgrade!).

2)You can use all of the vigors at once but it's so badly implemented (you hold Q to show the screen of vigors; in Bioshock it was bind to your F1 keys) that you will often forget them and just use two all time (since it's also very easy, it won't matter).

3) Passives are gone and are replaced with clothes that you have to find and once you use them, you can replace with another until you find another. General upgrades also are dumbed down, with potions upgrade for health, shield and salts, and money for the other upgrades (instead of a specific revenue, like the ADAM in Bioshock)

4)Too few exploration and lack of choices....and those few choices will lead you to nothing, since the game ends the same everytime. Also, the game is extremely linear despite the game will try to give "different paths", but the game will always force your way through one way only.

5)Vigors are extremely dumbed down and not all of them are very useful and not worth upgrading at all. And some powers aren't here, like Telekinesis... (I would have LOVED to throw them away!!!!)

There are probably other issues that I could mention, but all in all this game is very good and it was enjoyable to play through...but yes, this game, together with Portal 2 and maybe some CoD games, is one of the most overhyped games ever, because of the amount of things they have promised to deliver just scrapped later for giving us, in few words, a "linear shooter with story elements". I won't say it's bad because it's linear (I mentioned it had some exploration), but after Bioshock I expected sooooo much from this game and, to this day, I still consider that game a masterpiece (although that game is too easy too). But yes, I highly recommend this game to give it a try, ESPECIALLY if you find it on discount, because it has a good story (but hard to follow), one of the most reliable and interesting partners I've ever had (and more games should take inspiration from her!), and has an unnoriginal yet good fps mechanic that works, but really begged for more innovation (Ok, the original game was more clunky on using both of your powers....)

A tough score for me, but I think a 9(.5) is a very well deserved to this game.
    Very good, but very flawed as well.
  24. Jan 8, 2014
    There are so many things I can say about BioShock Infinite. It was the first game I ever beat. This game is also one of the greatest games I have ever played. The entire story is amazing with a great plot and one of the most shocking endings ever. Also the graphics are amazing. At some parts I thought I was watching a movie. But most of all the combat is amazing. Whether its versing killer birds or robots the combats just great. Also the setting of Columbia is very cool. Maybe not as eerie as Rapture but still very cool and actually somewhat eerie. All in all this game is nearly perfect and I say if you're going to buy it go for it. Expand
  25. Jan 6, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite 1 of the years best with a ending that ties everything together characters so real you can touch them mainly Elizabeth the most pure and innocent character ever who is the heart and soul of this art.
  26. Jan 4, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a genius game. After you finish the game you have to play it again because the game is hinting the end so well, so when you will play it the second time you will have so much fun. Hardcore fans might not like this game because it's just not Bioshock. I can get why people wont like it because they expected a new Bioshock witch this game isn't the gun play in this game isn't the best but this isn't an fps game its a story driven game.

So to sum it up:
    this game is a STORY based game the story, the art and Elizabeth is the real meaning of the game
    a great game and worth you'r money.
  27. Jan 3, 2014
    Amazing story and the level/character design is just perfect! The story might not hold if you analyze it too much, but its really complex and mesmerizing. The way it levels out when you play is just fantastic. And after you have played it through it makes you think back.

Sadly the game-play "shooter-experience" was pretty dull, and at times really bad. But you dont even think about when
    you play cus you are so caught up in the visuals and the story.

But dont for the love of god play the DLC. Some rate it high, but I just think its a shadow of the "original" game.
  28. Jan 1, 2014
    There are few games that makes me glad to play them without knowing anything about the story. Action packed, beautiful environment, I had to play on low graphical settings, and it still looked amazing. The story is subtle to begin with, and as the story progresses it picks up with such amazing twist and turns I didn't want to stop playing.
  29. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. The gameplay is not good: The KI is sometimes stupid, it's too easy and the shooter mechanics are not good. Actually Bioshock Infinite deserves because of that not 10 out of 10, but the rest is like 11/10. It looks okay, the sounds and voices are great, the weapons are cool and your KI companion is nice to you and not irritating and the best is the story: It is so complex and brilliant, the characters are great and the twists are just mindblowing. I love this game. Expand
  30. Dec 28, 2013
    There's something magic about this game no doubt about it. I applaud the developers for yet another awesome job for this third game in the series. I can really see the passion and the heart that went into this game. From the voice acting to the character animation to the art style and etc. I don't even know what to say. If you've played the past two games you know there's always some kind of twist in the story. I was expecting this, and predicting all sorts of things like: "this person will betray me," "I am a test subject in an experiment," but boy was I wrong in all of my speculations. The story still managed to blow me away and take me by surprise. Honestly, if this story were turned into a book I'd bet it would become a best selling novel (not that I read a lot of books but hey I know a great story when I hear one). Most people who dislike this game either didn't understand the story, or are just being hipster and hating on the "mainstream" and "overhyped" things. I did not even know this game was "hyped", and honestly, if you take time to listen to all of the dialogue and follow the progression carefully, and reflect on it at the end, you will understand the story just fine (and I checked an online source for clarification too, because the ending was just so incredible and fantastic). And make sure you watch after the credits, because that's the REAL ending of the story.

Graphics aren't the best in the industry but it more than does the job. If I could describe the environment and the visual aspects of this game in three words: euphoric, breathtaking, and artistic. I notice in these bioshock games, there's something signature about the atmosphere, or mood while you're playing the game. It is unlike any other. Is it the ominous violin music? The 1900s era furnishings? The way people talk? It's all very distinct to me, and it stands out from all the other games.

In this game you get a female companion, and wow, I have never ever seen a companion AI done so well. No matter where you are, she will interact with the environment and talk to you about things. Her body and facial animation is flawless. I never felt like this while playing a video game before, but I felt like I was talking to a living, breathing human being. She was the farthest thing to one of those companions you get in the fallout or oblivion series, where the guy just follows your every step and spits out lines over and over. This character clearly has a personality, and a likable one too, with a mind of her own. It was almost like this character was being played by another human, the way she led the way wherever I was heading, and the way she wandered and said quirky things. She also is very handy in combat, and most of the time she will throw you ammo, or other items just when you think you need it. This was one of the biggest reasons why I became so engaged into the game.

The reason I gave this game a 9 instead of a 10 is because I felt the ending was way too rushed. It was brilliant, but I felt that it needed to be slower paced. when the game was over I felt that my mind was raped with too much happening all at once. I had to sit down and think for a few minutes to process what had happened. But also, regretfully, I felt that the ending missed a great opportunity to give closure with great emotional depth like in the previous games. I'm not gonna spoil it for you, but the end of this game didn't make me tear up like in the last two games, and I love it when games can be that powerful. The ending of this game could have had the same emotional impact on me had it included more "drama," but it ends kind of just too abruptly without much emotion in my opinion. Sorry if that classifies as a spoiler for you but it's just what I thought.

Other than the ending which was a bit emotionally shallow for me, the rest of this game more than makes up for it, and I would definitely recommend it to literally anyone. You do not have to play bioshock 1 and 2 to understand this game.
  31. Wim
    Dec 27, 2013
    Wow just finished it and I am speechless. Absolutely fantastic game. The story has great pace, unpredictable, did not expect the end. The action is fantastic as well. Some slower bits with some action packed scenes as well. Had to remember to start breathing again after some parts. If you're tired of all the 'assembly line' FPS shooters this one is definitely for you.
  32. Dec 26, 2013
    An extremely fun and exciting game! The middle of the game does get a bit slow, but the ending will have you mind blown. You will probably be unable to function properly a couple days post game completion. Yeah, it's THAT good! I totally recommend this to everyone.
  33. Dec 25, 2013
    Among the top tier of games. The visuals are the best i've seen in years. Beautiful art direction. The story is one of the most intriguing i've played in a long time, although it was sometimes a challenge to follow. Sound is superb, as is the animation.

However, my only gripe is several gameplay problems. One boss in particular was very poorly designed *SLIGHT SPOILER* (the ghost boss).
    Fighting it truly was a chore and not fun in the slightest, and multiple instances of the same fight seemed completely unnecessary. Surely they could have traded that idea for another enemy in the game...

Regardless, gameplay was fun, but got stale between plot points quicker than it should have. Setting that aside, this is truly a masterpiece and one of the best of this generation. I have a hard time deciding which Bioshock (first or Infinite) I thought was truly better.
  34. Dec 25, 2013
    I'm just going to go ahead and say it, the story is amazing. At first it starts out regular with a simple mission but then it gets more complex but in the end the story comes full circle and answers plenty of answers you had. Though there are still some questions you may have at the end, it at least answers and hits on all the main points. By the end of the game I was mind blown at what had happened.

The gameplay is good. It plays smooth as a shooter. The only problem I had that kept me from giving it a perfect score is how boring it got looking for stuff. Of course you don't have to look for stuff but if you do there won't be much to find. There seems to be not as much recordings to find compared to the big world your in and most of the time you only find health and vigor when you were already full. Your vigor and health fills up fast too so you'll find yourself constantly leaving behind that stuff and not needing it. In hard mode it might be a different story but I only tried it in normal mode. All that stuff I mentioned though is minor. What really got to me was how useless the different types of powers you get. I literally only used around three of the 12 or so you get and once I got the electric one I stuck with that for the rest the game. I am sure others might find them useful since it feel like the game is trying to offer variety but the other powers literally felt useless to me. The gear you can equip is a nice addition but I had the same problem as the powers in that I found only a few of the gear useful of the plenty of gear that you find. I literally only used the first pieces of gear until the end when I finally found gear that was worth putting on to replace my old ones. The gameplay is smooth though and never had a problem moving around and shooting. Shooting is pretty accurate as well.

The graphics are the most noticeable part about the game. They are gorgeous and you can just stare at awe at the city in the sky right when you get there. Especially on a good pc running on high settings. The characters look great as well and are really believable.

Overall this is a gorgeous looking game with a great story where you will get mindblown away. The gameplay plays really well also. A great example of showing that story game aren't dead and hopefully inspire other developers to come up with other great stories.
  35. Dec 23, 2013
    The best FPS out there at the moment, the story is the best I've ever seen in a shooter, I even think that is better than it's predecesor (Bioshock and the gameplay is great with the addition of the vigors (plasmids for Bioshock and Elizabeth, great character and partner that helps in combat summoning elements like cover, turrets or decoys, also the sky-rails are awesome, the gave the game high speed action moments.
    the only problem I have with this game is that you are retricted to carry only 2 weapons unlike the previous games in wich you could carry all the weapons you found.
  36. Dec 19, 2013
    Loved this game. The environment was very immersive, and the storyline was engaging. The character of Elizabeth drew you in and created a great emotional engagement that made the last portion of the game very intense. Like playing a good book.
  37. Dec 15, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is art. If it is not, then do not know what could be. The graphics, the neoclassical architecture consistent with the 1912 period, the music and its performance, the joke with music and tears where you could see part of a past future and how all this is presented in the game is sublime. And moreover, remains a game with plenty of action, with the player in control. Just do not give a score of 10 because of some bugs, like what happened once, preventing an scripted event from happening and to progress in the game, and the way everything is solved with violence. Expand
  38. Dec 13, 2013
    IN SPANISH:

El Bioshock Infinite es un juego excelente. Es verdad que bebe bastante de los antiguos Bioshock, respecto a los vigorizadores (antiguos plásmidos). De resto, tiene una gran jugabilidad, el tema de los aerocarriles y desgarros añaden una gran maniobrabilidad al juego y las mejoras que se pueden comprar de las armas y los vigorizadores también (aunque estos dos últimos sean
    del primer Bioshock). El juego en sí es para mí un poco fácil. La IA en fácil es bastante... de risa, pero en difícil es bastante mejor, y en modo 1999 es un reto bastante atractivo. A la jugabilidad, yo le daría un 8/10

En el apartado gráfico es increíble, un diseño espectacular y un aprovechamiento extremadamente bueno del Unreal Engine. Me encanta sobre todo los primeros 15 minutos del juego, cuando se nos presenta Columbia como un paraíso y todo es precioso. También hay que decir que está muy bien optimizado en relación calidad gráfica-rendimiento. Elizabeth, que es la chica que nos acompaña en todo momento está increíblemente bien hecha. La animación de su ropa, la animación de su cara, sus emociones su pelo... es fantástico. Me encanta el momento en la Bahía del Acorazado cuando te la encuentras bailando, ese momento es donde mejor se puede apreciar lo bien hecha que está, sus expresiones faciales, como de confusión y de impresión, etc. Y además, no es un personaje de estos que molestan, que si le matan tienes que empezar otra vez. No, ella sabe cuidarse sola y no será un incordio, de hecho, no ayudará en los peores momentos lanzándonos botiquines, sales, munición o dinero. Aquí le doy un 9,5/10

Y la historia, este es el punto más fuerte del juego. Es difícil hablar de ella sin hacer spoilers. La historia es magnífica, cuando te lo pasas por primera vez, no entiendes la mayoría de las cosas, y piensas que están ahí porque sí, porque no las entiendes. Pero cuando te lo pasas por segunda vez es: ¡Ah! eso estaba ahí por eso! ¡Ah! esto otro estaba aquí por aquello! En todo momento se te está contando el final del juego... subliminalmente y es fantástico. La narrativa visual, los voxáfonos y kinetoscopios aportan un montón a la historia. El final por supuesto es lo mejor, un final que te da para pensar la noche entera, y luego ver un vídeo de alguien explicándolo bien para que las piezas terminen de encajar. La historia es sencillamente la mejor que he visto en mi vida, en películas y juegos 10/10.

Al final le daría un 98/100, es un juego que marca bastante diferencia en los juegos de esta generación, sobre todo por la historia, que es algo que se está perdiendo lamentablemente.
  39. Dec 11, 2013
    Personally I loved the entire storyline and the mind-blowing concepts of the Bioshock universe. The settings never ceases to fail in creating the awesome feeling of being in Columbia. This game is a must play for the story and visual experience.
  40. Dec 9, 2013
    This game has the best and most mind-blowing ending of any game I've ever experienced if you understand it. This on top of near perfect gameplay, challenge, and progression and you're looking at an all-in-one experience. If I would have one complaint, however, it would be that this game strays so far from the original Bioshock titles. The fact that you have to choose two weapons instead of carrying eight was so foreign to me after just recently playing the last two, and the new plasmids (now called "vigors") have a huge amount of flexibility which almost feel over-powered. Overall, this game is a must have for anyone looking to mentally connect to an intense, artful, and mind-blowing gaming experience. Expand
  41. Dec 4, 2013
    If I could choose a game of the year, I would choose this one. Now I know I haven't played every game out there and for all I know there could be a game way better than this one, but i haven't found it yet. Bioshock Infinite continues the franchise's amazing gameplay and story, adding to that even more beautiful graphics and pushing the previously mentioned gameplay and story to limits rarely seen in the gaming world. The element of Elizabeth in gameplay might get some skeptical remarks, but it is one of the best companion AI's I've ever seen. Elizabeth passes you health, money, and salts (used for spell-like powers for those of you new to Bioshock) while all throughout the game staying out of your way. You never have to worry about Elizabeth dying or blocking a crucial shot. The story contains references to past games as well as amazing plot twists that will leave your mind questioning itself.

Please buy this game.
  42. Dec 4, 2013
    -One of the most immersive games I have ever played.
    -The plot is amazing.
    -The game looks stunning.
    -The gameplay is fresh and fun.

This is one of those games you think about it days later!
  43. Dec 4, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. This is my personal Game of The Year this far along with "The Stanley Parable". This game innovated everything that made the first "Bioshock" so damn good, and made a masterpiece with a touching and innovative story, great gameplay and combat, interesting characters and it offers 9 hours of gameplay trough the entire experience. Everything about this game is just wonderful! The grapich and the style... This game is a truly masteroiece. One of the best games ever made! Expand
  44. Dec 3, 2013
    bioshock infinite is one of my top 5 games, the soundtrack, story, graphics are just incredible. the gameplay maybe is a bit boring but it doesn't change my opinion. this game has the best ending i have ever seen. if you have a pc or any console you should play this game. this game worth it
  45. Dec 1, 2013
    First off let me explain that I've been a gamer for more than 20 years and I have never written a review once. That being said, this game has blown my mind. I have seen a lot of reviews saying that this game is overrated yet most of those reviews have given it a pretty high score. After playing the game all the way through I have experienced emotions that I didn't know I had. It starts off fun, you meet your ally who I started out thinking I would be annoyed with. As I continued through the game I fell in love with. Not only was she not an Achilles heel, she was a blessing in disguise. This made the game fun and brought about an emotional attachment as she was actually insightful, intriguing, and genuinely interesting. Because of that it kept me interested and let me have fun through the entire game. BUT the reason why this game pushed me to write a review was because of fruition at the end that brought it all together. It was ended up being an emotion roller coaster that I will never forget. Irrational games has a place in my heart for the rest of my life. I'm in awe over what they accomplished and I'm excited to see what else they can do.

Past that there is one thing that I believe could alienate a lot of people:
    STRONG religious undertones!
  46. Nov 30, 2013
  47. Nov 27, 2013
    AMAZING! This game has it all good story, good M rated content, good characters, and good graphics. The only thing that keeps it from a 10 is the gun play. Its bad. But other than that its a amazing game
  48. Nov 21, 2013
    Easily the best shooter I ever played. I admit I am not the biggest fan of shooters but like to play one once in a while and this one totally got me. Fantastic and challenging gameplay paired with a beautiful and exciting story that I would not have expected from a shooter and really interesting characters which you will remember for a very long time. I could not name a single flaw in this game. So even if you are not too much into shooters, you should definitely give this one a try. Expand
  49. Nov 19, 2013
    I really like this BioShock, the characters are great and the story too, the graphics are good, great gameplay, but the point of BioShock Infinite are the characters and the plot. 10/10 Irrational Games were so creative with the end of the Game!
  50. AOG
    Nov 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Amazingame"
    awesome game, gorgeous graphics, engaging story from beginning to end and that end, words fail to express the opportunity to play it.....
  51. Nov 18, 2013
    Uma palavra pra definir esse jogo "Mágico". Visual deslumbrante. Sentido religioso em contraponto com uma violência desmedida. As músicas nos remetem realmente a tempos passados, mesmo que não tenhamos vividos naquela época... OBRA-PRIMA!!!!
  52. Nov 17, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is amazing, just utterly amazing. The first sky hook execution put a smile on my face from ear to ear after which I never stopped smiling through the entire game. With the sky hook comes the sky rail which turns you into a living roller coaster from which you can attack enemies on the move. It provides an amazing combination of fast-paced action along with the rush of riding a roller coaster.

The story is incredible although it really has nothing to do with the original Rapture storyline so it doesn't necessarily fit the BioShock series. Although because it is such a great game which sticks to the original BioShock style game play, it is nice to know that the BioShock series was not tarnished. One can honestly say the BioShock trilogy is one of the best of all time.

Future games need to take notes on how to implement a sidekick. Any girl that gives me money is ok in my book and Elizabeth is a sweetheart to boot. She never gets in the way. She's never commanding or condescending. And she even helps you out by pointing out items like lock picks and voxophones. I actually developed a sense of trust in her. She was not only useful, but made me feel welcome in the process.

Easily the best game I've played this year.
  53. Nov 17, 2013
    This is my favourite game for the pat 5 years I think. Characters of this game are like living persons. You can feel the world of this game and it's great. Also liked the change of depth of ocean to the skies. Graphics and music are really nice, and the minus of this game it's short. even in comparison with previous games of the franchise.
  54. Nov 16, 2013
    This is one of the best shooters I have ever played in my life. On a par with Half-Life 1 & 2 for me.

Bioshock 2 wasn't a title I liked so much so I wasn't overexcited for this (maybe that was their plan haha!), but they built this gorgeous looking mindhump of a game. The story is phenomenal, even all this time on I absolutely cannot forget the story, it's one of those ones that sticks
    with you, and the characters are so likeable isn't the word. I love these characters, but they aren't necessarily likable...

Overall, like I said, on a par with Half-Life and Half-Life 2, give it a go.
  55. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The environments are amazing, character models are amazing, and everything looks fantastic. 10.

Sound: Professional voice acting, beautiful in game themes, the sounds transition perfectly in each fight, in meeting new characters. 10.

Gameplay: Fun exploration, combat is challenging, new gameplay aspect: riding the skyline. Skills/abilities which add more flavor to the
    combat. Tough enemies that require some strategy, while others are just run and gun. Disappointed there wasn’t any big impact like the big daddies in the first Bioshock. I expected to get a boss fight against that big mechanical bird, or at least something of that size or nature that would be challenging, but there wasn’t. It’s a game with a set of choice on exploration or linearity, or both. 9.0

Story: The overall structure of the story is great, the way its told, how its told as you play is amazing. Characters that are very appealing which adds emotion to the game. The only issue I had was with the ending. I did enjoy it but it is no doubt, and can definitely be confusing. The good thing about the ending leaves fans for discussion which created more detail views on wiki about the game’s ending. Its more focused on delivering a story that isn’t straight forward which is great, but it could have done so in a less confusing way. 9.5.

Replay Value: Personally I don’t see much replay value after the first playthrough unless you’re into collectibles/achievements. Other than that the game is long, at least it felt long, and it’s definitely worth playing. 8.5.

Overall Score: 9.4 out of 10.
  56. Nov 11, 2013
    This game had a lot of hype going into its release, not only because of the ads that were put out but also because of how great the original bio shock was. This game more then lived up to the hype, I would go as far to say that it was under hyped. Improved game play (which the game play was already great). Amazing plot (even thought it was a tad too complicated). It provided such a wonderful experience for me that I was really sad when it was over. This was one of the best games I have ever/ will ever play. Expand
  57. Nov 11, 2013
    This game is the ultimate masterpiece in every way. It's so beautiful that you stop to admire the scenario, the combat is fun with new skylines, vigors combos and plenty of weapons to chose from and the story is perfect in every detail (which they focus a lot).
  58. Nov 9, 2013
    Very good game with exceptional graphics and story! Good fun for about 10 or so hours! The only down side is that there is absolutely noting to do once you complete the game.
  59. Nov 9, 2013
    I do agree with Bioshock: Infinite being somewhat overrated, but that doesn't stop me from loving this game.

After about a year, I am ready for my review on here. I will try to keep it shorter, for everybody's sake!

Bioshock takes place in an insanely beautiful place. Columbia, the city in the clouds! As a PC gamer, the numerous visual options blew me away, and I had fun fiddling
    with them. When applied, the game's setting, powered by DirectX11/Uneal Engine, is ludicrously hypnotic in its beauty. I will often find myself walking around just to marvel at the detail and explore. Because, you do have free reign to explore plenty of times! With hidden items, secret areas, and meaningful collectables waiting to reward you for exploring. The story definitely takes you on a ride, with great gunplay, powers, and upgrades to help you along this game, which is awesomely similiar to a RPG without going too far into RPG territory. I admit, the game can be a bit annoying at times, especially the Handyman enemies, and some of them can soak up bullets like no tomorrow! The places where you fight said enemies tend to be a bit linear at times, but I always felt that because a game is linear doesn't mean it's bad. Bioshock: Infinite does manage to have side quests or hidden goodies to make exploration of these somewhat linear areas meaningful! I'll take that over something like Battlefield 3's campaign, which was linear but didn't have meaningful exploration!

Bioshock: Infinite is amazing, but it isn't perfect. It's truly above average, at least to me, and this is one epic story you will not want to miss!
  60. Nov 8, 2013
    The best game of 2013.Storyline,gameplay,carefully formed characters and art elements are coming together in this amazing game.In my opinion this is a 10 out of 10 title...Nothing to want more from this game.Also the game is very very good optimized for PC even if it offers a very detailed environment of the entire Flying Columbia City.
  61. Nov 7, 2013
    This is one of the special ones. Very nice atmosphere and a strong emotional concept to it. I never felt those cind of feelings in a game before, so this is the first game that i would rate 100 emotionaly. It really delivers a great experience with innovative and original leveldesign.
  62. Nov 6, 2013
    Probably my favorite game of all time, it has an AMAZING story, memorable characters, a beautiful art style, fun combat (in my opinion at least) and by far the BEST ENDING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN ANY SORT OF ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT. Just buy it, and don't forget the DLC which is going to be epic
  63. Nov 5, 2013
    The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles. Kudos
  64. Nov 5, 2013
    The story, with its progression, complexity, depth and surprises is enough to earn this game a 10. On top of that, you get the bonus of great character development, interaction and voice acting, with a pile on of beautiful graphics, great sounds and music, tons of action and the ability to customize your combat and play style. And all of it is rounded off with a polish that most games are sorely lacking nowadays. Even though it is a stand alone, the game doesn't loose any of the feel from the original Bioshock. Playing through this game has been one of the most enjoyable experiences I that have had; there is literally nothing that was annoying or frustrating about the game. Play it for yourself it is well worth it. Expand
  65. Nov 4, 2013
    Fantastic aesthetic and excellent gameplay tied up by one of the best stories we will likely see this decade. Only issues arise in that some of the enemy encounters end up feeling like you are firing at a sponge until it falls over. This is not enough to significantly detract from the game however, and it's definitely one to play.
  66. Nov 3, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is maybe the most beautiful game I've ever played. The graphics, environment and the story is just magnificent (almost perfectly done). Only weekness is that it will end too early! Nothing more I can say.. The best game of 2013! 6/5
  67. Nov 2, 2013
    Este contenido va a los usuarios españoles o Latinos de Steam:

Primera aproximación: 9/10 [Excelente]
    Realmente es un juego que vale la pena jugar, la combinación de un sistema de juego bastante intuitivo y didáctico combinado con la siempre sorprendente y fascinadora historia con la que nos tiene acostumbrado Kevin Levin, donde aprenderemos las emotivas peripecias del protagonista
    Booker Dewitt junto con la preciosa y enigmática Elisabeth, un dúo que va mas allá de lo que se ve a simple vista.
    Recomiendo jugar-lo en normal y el brillo en medio, el juego ya es oscuro en lugares determinados de por sí.

Jugabilidad: 7/10 [Notable]
    La rivalidad que me genera los controles tan sencillos y la intuitividad de las pelear hacen que me plantee como describir este juego:
    Los vigorizantes/plásmidos, son un recurso muy valido para las peleas, pero, no realmente necesario, el juego se puede pasar realmente fácil en modo normal sin utilizar ninguno de ellos.
    La sobresaturación de elementos en la pantalla (Humo, chispas, desgarros, etc....)combinado con un mapa que realmente tiene tantissimos detalles, hace que muchas veces, y de manera natural los enemigos se camuflen en el de manera inintencionada.
    La nulidad del efecto sigilo: No existe en este juego aún que en un apartado del juego te dice que puedes evitar disparar en algunos momentos; es mentira, el aggro de los enemigos es inmenso y a la vez, combinado con las situaciones donde se te obliga a passar por un puente custodiado, entrar a una casa llena, etc.... y la necessidad de ir con con Elisabeth, que va corriendo y paseando por todos los lados..... generan la nulidad de este elemento que a mi parecer daria bastante juego para una lucha del individuo para ahorrar sales y balas.
    *También he de destacar en este apartado que en muy pocas situaciónes los enemigos están situados por e entorno de manera que se pueda entender desde un punto de vista razonable: ¿Estan invadiendo los VOX POPULI y estan muchos de ellos subidos a tejados o en lugares donde es imposible que hicieran nada ahí..... ERRONIO.
    Como contrapartida abrumadora que hace que este juego para mi tenga un 7/10 es el sistema tan intuitivo y sencillo que corresponde a la gran variedad de armas y vigorizantes y la respuesta que generan estos en una batalla de "Tu contra el Barrio", la falta de sales continuamente, la falta de balas, la regeneración del escudo y la búsqueda de botiquines, son elementos que serian un estorbo demasiado grande que a mi entender dificultarían la curva de dificultad, sino fuera por la balanza de este juego: Elisabeth, ella te mantendrá provisto de aquello que requieras siempre y cuando estés en batalla y esperes el tiempo necesario.

Historia: 10/10 [Obra maestra]
    Esta historia de viajes en el tiempo, correlación con este, afección y personajes, malos que no son malos porque sí, buenos que han cometido pecados, es digna de la mejor película Hollybudiense, así que para evitar más spoilers me detengo con esta frase: "No eres lo que crees ser".

Entorno y gráficos y banda sonora: 10/10 [Obra maestra]
    No hay nada y repito NADA que parezca desencajar en este juego, hasta los "guiños" que se puedan hacer a los otros bioshock parece fusionar-se con la tematica de este, la música de cabaret, el diseño de la ciudad, la construcción de entornos para el apartado jugable y hasta la composición de los NPC a lo largod el juego, ya sea en personallidad, comportamiento y dialogos, ha echo que el juego imprima un sello de Bioshock en nuestras mentes, porque, cuando todos volvamos a escuchar las palabras: Vox populi, estirpe, profeta, progenie, y muchos mas, esoy seguro que nos vendrá un juego a la cabeza: BIOSHOCK INFINITE.

Muchas grácias a todos, Master gaia narrando.
  68. Oct 31, 2013
    Bioshock 1 and 2 were great. Bioshock Infinite however, had a bit of a twist. Although I did enjoy all the scares in Bioshock 1 and 2, It lacked story and character development that Bioshock Infinite has. I loved this game, the story, and the charters. The immerse world that you, the lone protagonist is thrown into is BEAUTIFUL. Elizabeth was an amazing character, with great voice acting and looked great; however her mechanic of giving you health and ammo when you were low was a bit too easy. Also the game overall was a little too easy, but if you are a true gamer you won't even try easy! It is overall an amazing game. A must have. Expand
  69. Oct 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is gorgeous. The gameplay and mechanics are as good as ever. This entry into the series has replaced the eerie underwater environment with a circus sideshow representation of an annexed American "territory". The skyhook system is a fun addition even though it's slightly limited. There are some unnecessary plot devices though and the story opens a large can of worms that future games may either benefit from or be destroyed by. I loved the game but I'm worried that they may have bitten off more than they can chew with the storyline. Expand
  70. Oct 27, 2013
    Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot. So, I'll just leave it as this: this game will not leave your psych for days after you have completed the game. Expand
  71. Oct 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a great game with a mesmerizing story with an intriguing city. The city is beautiful but is darkened by evil. This game is one you will remember for some time.
    Pros:Great story, interesting characters, and a beautiful setting
    Cons: The only con is that the combat feels out of place; it is fun but rather ridiculous given the story and setting.
    This game is certainly
    worth your money and you owe it to yourself to play it. Expand
  72. Oct 26, 2013
    I am always impressed with the story telling ability of this video game company. They really can weave together a story between the 1st and 2nd games and this is rather engaging as well. Expect lots of shooting and first person type stuff.
  73. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the greatest games I have played this decade. Draws you in emotionally and delivers on a much bigger scale, up to the nail biting end. With Beautiful visuals, and great character development, this game has reached my top 5 games of all time.
  74. Oct 24, 2013
    Simply best game ever, Bioshock Infinite is a game with a magnific scenario and a extraordinary gameplay. Elizabeth is thebest second caracther of all vidéo games, just love it, just buy it.
  75. Oct 21, 2013
    A rare treat in both cinema style storytelling blending with the interactive media we've come to enjoy as one of our favorite past times. With incredible visuals, fantastic protagonists, and an ending that will be talked about for years to come, Bioshock Infinite feels and looks just as rewarding as it's predecessors before it (yes, even System Shock 2).
  76. Oct 21, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite's combat may not be flawless, but it's visual beauty and mind-blowing narrative completes the game. It's proven to be a savior of first-person shooters, and it succeeds in many narrative areas; mostly revolutionizing the storytelling. The design of Columbia is stunning and it's a work of art. So it's the fantastic story, proving us that games can be art.
    It may be an
    artistic game, but it also has an extremely fun gameplay, even though it has several flaws which aren't game-breaking, but they push the game for being revolutionary gameplay-wise. It can get repetitive at times, it lacks meaningful choices, and it has useless gear. Is it revolutionary? No, it isn't. But is it a satisfying game? Yes, indeed. It keeps the game interesting with the use of vigors and some additional mechanics such as the ability to open tears from another universe. And, who opens those tears? The revolutionary artificial intelligence, Elizabeth. She's a beautiful and helpful character, who never gets on your way. She'll help you finding coin, salt and ammo. What makes Infinite even more enjoyable is the creative enemy variation. Fighting patriots, handy men and other badass enemies who use vigors, is always a blast. And also the skylines are a fun mechanic.
    Is Bioshock Infinite the savior of first person shooter? Yes and no. It provides a revolutionary narrative and visual beauty, and a not very revolutionary yet satisfying gameplay. But, Infinite is a very special game. It's a work of art. (Final Score: 9.54)
  77. Oct 17, 2013
    Sublime, fascinating setting, lovely rich complex plot, great game mechanics, fantastic varied weapons which are balanced incredibly well, sumptuous graphics, amazing sound including period covers of modern pop songs which have been realized perfectly. I mean.... Come on people, what do you want?
  78. Oct 15, 2013
    With all of the below about to be said, this game is in my top 3 of all time: Positive - One of the best storylines of all time - All around visually appealing - Excellent soundtrack (This coming from someone who usually doesn't give a damn about soundtracks) -Plenty of room for character development in the expansions. - Character depth leaves you connected to their fate.
    Negatives

- On rail plot development
    - The FPS aspect of the game is sort of under developed

That's a brief of a crash course I think I could make about it. My personal opinion, play the game.
  79. Oct 15, 2013
    An immersive shooter, with loads of wonderful art, decent graphics and excellent voice acting, taking you through a neat, kinda cool story. There are some not-so-nice features, like the fact that it is hardly challenging except during horrible, unjustified boss fights. And except where you might forget to walk back all level to replenish your ammo before entering the evil tower of doom, because there is suddenly no ammo around there. Odd, given that you would find ammo even in an ice-cream shop. Even so, you should be able to club everything to death.

Anyway, I got this for 20EUR and at this price, it is absolutely worth it. It is imaginative, fun, the pacing is great, and generally it's a thrilling, part funny, part melancholic rollercoaster to the end. My score reflects my enjoyment of this product at that price. Should you pay 40EUR (or, God forbid, even more), make it 6/10, as the whole game is quite short actually. 12 hrs and you would have done like everything possible.
  80. Oct 15, 2013
    Just when I thought the series was getting worse after playing BioShock 2, They proved me wrong. This is the best BioShock so far! I would recommend to play the first one if you haven't already, either before or after Infinite doesn't matter as the original BioShock is set in a future timeline than Infinite.
  81. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shotly, it has an amazing graphics: good shadows light has good efects and water is quite well designed, it doesnt requieres a hight perfomance to play on ULTRA. The story is very original and has goods DLCs with more types of games and a new story to conttinue. The atmosphere is unique you feel like inside the game.When you finish it.......no words.
    Its difficult to say but is a very good game, for those how like good stories and good sound and graphics.
  82. Oct 11, 2013
    Great game, and great story. The FPS combat wasn't anything too special, but everything else really makes up for it. The story is what I love most of this game. The graphics are pretty nice, although not the best.
  83. Oct 7, 2013
    wow i haven't got words to describe this game, it's just too beautiful and the story is jusk way better than many movies nowadays.. the game is just incredibly amazing and well made.
  84. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has blown me away. The (very) philosophical and psychological story-line is something that appealed greatly to me. The graphics were nice. Game-play was great and no part of the game felt like a chore to play. Unraveling truth throughout the adventure through different mediums is a very cool aspect, be it through "tears" or different audio or video clips found in Columbia, there is a lot of incentive to explore to find these things and to take time to search the map for these clues. Elizabeth was such an easy character to get attached to, her emotions had a nice realistic appeal to them, and she was always helpful and never got in the way. High-tension moments between Elizabeth and Booker were also very interesting to the story and kept some sense of distance between the two when they seemed to have been getting close. I just love everything about this game, and having come into this series playing this game first and not being a huge fps fan, saying that probably means a lot. If you haven't played it, you're missing out. This is the most solid 2013 release I have played, and I look forward to replaying it and exploring Columbia even more this time around. Expand
  85. Sep 30, 2013
    This is a fantastic game, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone! If you have ever played a Bioshock game before and loved it then you will be enthralled. The style and art direction of this game, along with the music and story are absolutely outstanding. The game play is fun and exciting although I would recommend playing it on the hardest difficulty straight away as it allows for the most thinking and enjoyment throughout. A near perfect story I can't wait for the DLC burial at sea!

My only gripe is that there wasn't more! I would love more detailed background on the city and character, this stuff is very much existent but I feel like it could of played even better. Some of the AI characters you meet are not fully interactive, and they could of really added in a lot more side content. There is enough but just not that extra extra that would of made it 10!

I loved how now they have added the living world, which no longer requires all that imagination like in BIoshock 1 and 2 where rapture was a destroyed/ ruined environment already. The game really progresses quite well, but never really goes backwards.

[SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT] One part I loved but wish was expanded further, was a bar you get to walk in, kinda a side objective. Inside are all theses brutally murdered guys, soldiers and rebels. The place really tells a brilliant story of a fight and you can see the details in to how each man was killed and really imagine what happened. Too some extent you can piece together exactly what happened, especially if you find the nearby rebel hideout in the cellar. A couple cops walk in, discover the hideout and are brutally murdered, cops call backup and completely decimate the place You get to really picture what the place was like, and how it became so distraught and ruined. Even to the tiny detail of how each man was killed, wether with a knife over the counter from a bar man, to a bottle over the head. I love that you get the old tape recording, which really adds to the story there, of how this lieutenant was called up as backup, eventually being tortured and executed by rebels. One thing I sort of wished for however would be say you get to walk in this bar, see all of the described, and really get a picture of the place. Perhaps then when you go back through the area a second time you see that same place but now being cleaned up. Get some detective in whose analyzing what happened, have the player interact and help with the case, add more recordings and really make something of it. Maybe even a choice the player makes, a side to pick etc. They could even perhaps add lots of extras like this. This sort of thing does exist in the game, you do see changing environments, but they just aren't as dynamic as one could hope for or imagine, and they only occur on occasion with a few of the areas.

Never the less, this is definitely worth a 9/10, maybe even a 10/10. I loved this game and already cant wait to play it through a second time. Not before I play bioshock 1 & 2 again first. Thank you irrational games, you have delivered a truly exceptional experience!
  86. Sep 30, 2013
    Damn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything else I've played this year in terms of story. Fusing a strong game mechanic and an intricate narrative, BI creates an absolutely vivid and realistic gamine experience. The idea of the city in the sky alone is worth praise. So we have an incredible environment that designed so beautifully and authentically. We have a story that has twists, clever and emotional dialogue, strong narrative and has excellent pacing from start to finish. The game engine is as good as it ever was from the original Bioshock games and plays even better here. The music score is brilliant as usual from franchise composer Schyman as well as the cover songs. The foley, environmental and sound FX are excellent. There are really no faults to be found here. Well... not completely. For whatever reason the Bioshock franchise has had issues with graphics for smaller items at close range. I played this at full settings on DX11+PhysX and the rounded items still look clunky. I'm not sure why this is but it's just a small, visual annoyance. There were also several invisible walls and ceilings here and there that were frustrating. At times there were sticky spots like invisible items on the ground that stopped me as well as some corners that stuck out. Lastly, the Vigor (Plasmid in previous Bioshock games) keys aren't as accessible as they should be. Instead of hotkeys for each Vigor there is a wheel to choose and then a separate key to execute. Since Vigors can be combined it's a bit of a nuisance to have to switch back and forth, especially in tense scenarios. Given all those drawbacks Bioshock Infinite is a milestone in gaming. There is no other game with such fun and excitement blended with an elaborate and wildly imaginative storyline. One last thing: The rails. The wonderful rails. So much fun zipping around in fire fights. I'll never forget how awesome it was! Expand
  87. Sep 28, 2013
    This game has left a lot of questions and emotions after I completed it.
    The plot is so dramatic and well-writen, it can compete with the most top-rated books from the New York Times' bestsellers list. It's like a puzzle that you try to solve during the entire game. Allegory and metaphor are all over the place, makes your mind think and analyze, not just shoot.
    Thoroughly developed main
    characters are so likable, especially Elizabeth, you're going to empathize her from the first moments, and together with the excellent storyline your game experience becomes full of emotions. This is just like excellent thrilling book you read with all your attention. And when it comes to an end... Well... You will be blown away. Expand
  88. Sep 27, 2013
    An absolute masterpiece. This is what modern video games all about! The environments, characters, and plot combined make a sublime blend of action and intrigue.
  89. Sep 20, 2013
    This game is entirely impervious to any complaint which may have applied to its predecessors; with flawless mechanics, beautiful graphics, and a story good enough to rival any King novel, this is a must-play game. There is enough emotional content to keep any novelist happy, while the action is satisfying enough for anyone who just plays games to shoot things (though that would be a terrible waste). All in all, this is definitely one of the most memorable shooters of the decade, if not of all time. Expand
  90. Sep 19, 2013
    this game is just a amazing masterpiece its such a good looking game without being demanding and just plain awesome this game is very fun and life like characters like Elizabeth just make this game the gameplay has not changed too much from the first Bioshock and that's a good thing the game is just perfect the music choice the graphics the story the gameplay the voice acting this is just a masterpiece you see once or twice in a life time Expand
  91. Sep 18, 2013
    Having not played any of the previous Bioshock games before I was not as disappointing as others have been when they compare this games to its predecessors. The first thing that blew my mind in the game was just the colors. That first scene in Columbia made my jaw drop. The gameplay is fun, fresh and excited. There are moments of intense action followed by lulls that allow you to wander around and restock ammo, vigors, etc. and take in the beautiful visuals. I did encounter a few bugs that caused me to re-launch the game, but they're excusable and didn't affect this score. The reason that this score got a 9 instead of a 10 is because of the end. I won't spoil it, but if you didn't pick up any of the voxophones (and even if you did find them all) the ending may be quite confusing. However, ending is what makes this game so great. Even months after playing, I found myself from time to time still trying to wrap my head around complicated/glorious plot. Definitely one of my top 10 favorite games of all time. Expand
  92. Sep 18, 2013
    A Great game, a worthy successor to the original, and better than Bioshock 2. I love the detail and love that went in to this. You can even look up a lot of the names of things and see that they picked them because of real life historical influences and there are many parallels to real history here. There are supposedly alternate endings but I have only seen one.
  93. Sep 17, 2013
    A game that is most definitely worth buying. The graphics are not perfect but it is beautifully detailed where it counts and the characters and story line are superb. And on top of that the DLC looks extremely good.
  94. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is one of the few I will call excellent, with tight game play, interesting characters and a story that was both interesting and poignant. It actually made me misty eyed at the end.

The only criticisms I can level are that it is possible to miss details of the story if you're not paying close attention but also that it does not fully resolve the ending. Maybe the designers
    intended to leave it ambiguous as to whether that.... bed.. is empty or full. Expand
  95. Sep 16, 2013
    The shoter I've enjoyed most since HL2. That should be enough explanation.
    This game is a good example of what happens when you mix great artistic skills with good story telling. Must have in my opinion.
  96. Sep 14, 2013
    Best Bioshock ever It beats up its previous sequels in all aspects mainly the graphics. The storyline was a whole bunch of wonders to explore. It was totally a new mesmerizing experience. The magic, weapons, were all amazing. The way we interact with Elizabeth was mind blowing. Great game!!! Best graphicssss!!!! Best gameeplay and everything!!!
  97. Sep 13, 2013
    I love everything about this game. First of all the gameplay is absolutely great; it never bored me. The characters in the game are amazing too. Elizabeth is an absolutely brilliant character. From all game characters, Elizabeth is the most human-like yet, who really brings emotion into the game. As the game progresses you caring for her and her feelings. Also Robert and Rosalind Lutece are outstanding characters. In fact, they are my favourite characters of the game, above Elizabeth. Their witty comments and their mysterious nature makes them incredible interesting.
    What really makes this game a true masterpiece is its story. Reading about the history of the characters and the city is very interesting and gives you more insight on what's happening around you. But what makes the story really that amazing is that BioShock Infinite has the best ending of all games I have ever played. Its unpredictability and genius is just amazing. I don't want to spoil anything, so there is not much more I want to say about the ending. Just play the game and you will see yourself.
    I really recommend getting this game.
  98. Sep 12, 2013
    This is truly a masterpeice, no joke... Like any other bioshock game, it delivers non stop with great detail where ever you look, this is a game you have to play before you die.
  99. Sep 10, 2013
    YOU MUST GET THIS GAME.YES? GOOD.GET IT NOW.
    The story line is EXTREMELY COMPLEX. It will make your mind blow.There are multiple events all happening at the same time(You would not even realize it until the near end) and alot of mysterys that can only be solved by you,the player, thinking and processing what has been happening in Columbia(Bioshock's setting).YOU WILL NOT REGRET BUYING
    THIS GAME.Especially the next DLC coming up, Burial at Sea whereby it will TAKE YOU BACK TO RAPTURE(Setting of the first Bioshock game). Personally, I'd recommend you take a day off and play the entire game at one go,so as to not make you confused by the story as it will be alot of inferences that you will have to make. Expand
  100. Sep 10, 2013
    One of the most loved games of 2013 it had an amazing (But confusing) Storyline I fell in love with all the characters it was as much fun as the first two games but together. It's worth every penny

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]