BioShock Infinite PC

8.5

1. Sep 12, 2014
    Infinite is a great game, but I didn't find it to be the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be. The story is interesting and the ending will have you guessing what the heck just happened. But it honestly didn't draw me in and make me want to keep playing.I'm a huge fan of story based games but this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that the combat isn't as good as previousInfinite is a great game, but I didn't find it to be the masterpiece that a lot of people claim it to be. The story is interesting and the ending will have you guessing what the heck just happened. But it honestly didn't draw me in and make me want to keep playing.I'm a huge fan of story based games but this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that the combat isn't as good as previous games, the graphics are slightly dated (most likely due to consoles holding PC back so i can't really blame the game), the pacing is off, and there really isn't anything to due after you beat the game. In previous Bioshock games, you choices mattered and changed the ending. There is only one ending in Infinite and that's disappointing. However the game still gets many things right. The atmosphere is fantastic, Elizabeth's AI is great and the fact that she actually helps you in combat is something that more games should seek to add. I definitely enjoyed my time with the game and recommend playing it, just don't expect the flawless masterpiece so many people claim it is. Expand
  2. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is totally worth the money and the time spent. The atmosphere is great. The story is awesome and has some mindblowing twists. Elizabeth is a nice character and helper and it's a pleasure to watch her relationships with Booker. the gameplay is similar to previous Bioshock games. A lot of exploring, collecting supplies, finding secrets and shooting enemies. The battles are prettyThis game is totally worth the money and the time spent. The atmosphere is great. The story is awesome and has some mindblowing twists. Elizabeth is a nice character and helper and it's a pleasure to watch her relationships with Booker. the gameplay is similar to previous Bioshock games. A lot of exploring, collecting supplies, finding secrets and shooting enemies. The battles are pretty boring though. You always try to end them up quick to move the storyline forward. Expand
  3. Mar 11, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is a FPS developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released on March 26, 2013 on PC, X360 and PS3. The game begins somewhere in 1912 when the protagonist Booker DeWitt, was sent to the floating city of Columbia, to find a young girl named Elizabeth, who was trapped in a tower in the shape of an angel. The game stands quite well on the story,Bioshock Infinite is a FPS developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released on March 26, 2013 on PC, X360 and PS3. The game begins somewhere in 1912 when the protagonist Booker DeWitt, was sent to the floating city of Columbia, to find a young girl named Elizabeth, who was trapped in a tower in the shape of an angel. The game stands quite well on the story, characters and voice acting with a good development during jocului.Tot once the story is more complicated than in others. In terms of gameplay is much better compared to its predecessors, it's running on the engine from Unreal, Unreal Engine 3 especially one graphics are gorgeous, with many landscapes that can leave you stunned. Music and sound are very well chosen, taking to make you feel like in the years 1912. In conclusion it is a good game, getting to be a number you do not have to leave, especially if you are a gamer. Expand
  4. Mar 27, 2013
    This is a wonderful game. I won't say it's on the same level as the original Bioshock was, as that was one of the greatest games of all time. But, this will easily be the game of the year for alot of people and I have a difficult time seeing something else even coming close to its level. There are so many things this game does right and so very few things it does wrong. The gameplay isThis is a wonderful game. I won't say it's on the same level as the original Bioshock was, as that was one of the greatest games of all time. But, this will easily be the game of the year for alot of people and I have a difficult time seeing something else even coming close to its level. There are so many things this game does right and so very few things it does wrong. The gameplay is wonderful. The skyline attacks can feel a bit tacked on but once you get the hang of it, then there should be no problems at all going forward. The atmosphere of the game is unlike anything seen since the original Bioshock. The first time you enter Columbia really sets the stage for later on in the game. The characters are great and Elizabeth has some of the best A.I. for a companion character ever seen in video games. The story is superb. Very little I can say without spoiling something here but it's beyond wonderful. If there's anything wrong with this game it's that the story kinda drags on toward the beginning of the game. In between getting to the city and finding the girl, there's alot of nothing going on here. It's only for a very short time but it does kinda stink. Plus, the powers in this game are not as good as the first games, IMO. I'm sure other people like them, but I found myself using one or two exclusively after I collected them all. However, neither of those things are enough for me to lower this score from a 10. I loved this game and I personally think it's of the best games to come out in a long time. I do not think it's as good as the original Bioshock, for alot of reasons, but this is a game everyone should play. I'd recommend playing the first Bioshock before this to kinda understand the gameplay elements but it's not a super big concern in the long run. Buy this game and beat it as fast as you can, but take the time to stop and enjoy the sights on your way through. You won't regret it. Expand
  5. Oct 17, 2013
    Sublime, fascinating setting, lovely rich complex plot, great game mechanics, fantastic varied weapons which are balanced incredibly well, sumptuous graphics, amazing sound including period covers of modern pop songs which have been realized perfectly. I mean.... Come on people, what do you want?
  6. Nov 21, 2015
    Game: Bioshock Infinite
    Genre: First Person Shooting - Horror
    Developer: 2K Games System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 93/100 Value Score: 9.3/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Main protagonist actually has a personality/character compared to
    Game: Bioshock Infinite

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Main protagonist actually has a personality/character compared to the first two Bioshock games
    +The buddy system with Elizabeth is a unique and fresh breath of air to the series
    +The setting and environment is nicely done - has a mixture of the dark atmosphere that BS1 had and a unique colorful vibrant atmosphere as well unique to the game
    +The DLC consists of two episodes which continues the storyline but with a twst and also contains a arena mode type of mini game allowing you to challenge yourself in combat
    +The story adds humor and dramatic story telling compared to the previous games
    +Voice acting is fantastic and goes well with the storytelling
    +Many key elements from the original Bioshock games come back both in the main game and in the DLC

Cons
    -In the main campaign you can only carry two weapons at a time however in the DLC you can carry as many like in Bioshock 1
    -Not many mini games in Infinite compared to Bioshock 1 except until episode 2 of Burial at Sea DLC
    -Difficulty in Bioshock Infinite gun game combat is easier than previous games
    -There are some lazy designs in some of the models such as the environment (i.e. Apples in a basket)
  7. Jul 31, 2014
    Considering all the loads of terrible FPS titles in recent years and my bad experience with previous Bioshock titles, I was really pleasantly surprised that Bioshock: Infinite is an excellent story-driven FPS. Hype is again pretty over the top as it always is with Bioshock series, but Infinite is definitely the best piece of the trilogy that I had by far the most fun playing through. Is itConsidering all the loads of terrible FPS titles in recent years and my bad experience with previous Bioshock titles, I was really pleasantly surprised that Bioshock: Infinite is an excellent story-driven FPS. Hype is again pretty over the top as it always is with Bioshock series, but Infinite is definitely the best piece of the trilogy that I had by far the most fun playing through. Is it linear, mainstream etc.? Yes, it still is, but it is extremely well done and I appreciate the effort. 8/10 Expand
  8. Mar 26, 2013
    This game might not revolutionize gaming, but still setting a very high standard for other developers. While I do not really llove the setting of Columbia, I have to admit it has an outstanding design. The graphics, the gameplay, the story, the voice acting is great. Recommended.
  9. May 3, 2013
    BioShock is an awesome game that most people should have already known about. It might not feature Big Daddy like usual (Well, at least where i'm up to) but it is a must play for all shooter fans.
  10. Dec 30, 2015
    There are times when writing a review of a game is really difficult because you do not know how to use words to describe the beauty of the title. BioShock Infinite is, well, one of those.
  11. Jan 10, 2014
    This is one hard game to judge and to review, because it has so much but at the same it has so little. But I want to be clear from the start: yes, it is a good game. Yes, it has a very good story. Yes, it is a better shooter than normal. No, it's definitely not a masterpiece that everyone assume: it has flaws and those flaws are huge that cannot be avoided, especially considering I LOVEDThis is one hard game to judge and to review, because it has so much but at the same it has so little. But I want to be clear from the start: yes, it is a good game. Yes, it has a very good story. Yes, it is a better shooter than normal. No, it's definitely not a masterpiece that everyone assume: it has flaws and those flaws are huge that cannot be avoided, especially considering I LOVED the original (especially System Shock), and I was expecting so much from this game, but when I heard of thecontent they had, but later removed, I just waited for a discount. Something that I didn't do for the original.

What's good in it:

1)The story is the best part of the game and despite confusing at first...it will be still confusing later on, until you end the game, and hardly any game nowadays is able to do hook you like this game, especially an fps game. I won't spoil the story, but it's interesting and very engaging. Is it flawless? No, but it's still good. And that's what counts.

2) The combat, while being a shooter, is actually pretty good although not very innovative, but if we have to compare to other "modern" fps game this is way higher on the scale: the vigors, while being not exceptional comparing to the original Bioshock, it still gives some variation on the fight and combined with your weapons (I'll talk about it) and also the sky-line fights, it gives some good combat now and then
    and it was ok and enjoyable. Only downside is that the fights are far too easy (I played on normal) so unless you want a challenge, you'll have to fight on highest difficulty, especially since your partner (Elizabeth) will provide support now and then. Not perfect, but definitely better than the average fps.

3) I finished the game in about 10 hours, doing the most I can and trying to gather most of the powerups I could get (the pots), so even on length it's pretty good too considering most of fps nowadays, if you're lucky, will last about 5 hour or so, even less if you like to rush on the game. Sure the game will last less than 10 hours if you rush but, once again, if we have to compare to other fps, it's pretty lengthy. On its own, it's good enough: not too long, not too short.

What's bad in it:

1)You can only carry 2 weapons at once and, unless you find the weapon somewhere, you'll be stuck with the two you've got; this alone will make most of the weapons useless, because you'll focus on just 2 weapons most of the time and only them for the rest of the game: a pity because not only the original you could carry all of the weapons, but each one was useful (even the wrench, with the right upgrade!).

2)You can use all of the vigors at once but it's so badly implemented (you hold Q to show the screen of vigors; in Bioshock it was bind to your F1 keys) that you will often forget them and just use two all time (since it's also very easy, it won't matter).

3) Passives are gone and are replaced with clothes that you have to find and once you use them, you can replace with another until you find another. General upgrades also are dumbed down, with potions upgrade for health, shield and salts, and money for the other upgrades (instead of a specific revenue, like the ADAM in Bioshock)

4)Too few exploration and lack of choices....and those few choices will lead you to nothing, since the game ends the same everytime. Also, the game is extremely linear despite the game will try to give "different paths", but the game will always force your way through one way only.

5)Vigors are extremely dumbed down and not all of them are very useful and not worth upgrading at all. And some powers aren't here, like Telekinesis... (I would have LOVED to throw them away!!!!)

There are probably other issues that I could mention, but all in all this game is very good and it was enjoyable to play through...but yes, this game, together with Portal 2 and maybe some CoD games, is one of the most overhyped games ever, because of the amount of things they have promised to deliver just scrapped later for giving us, in few words, a "linear shooter with story elements". I won't say it's bad because it's linear (I mentioned it had some exploration), but after Bioshock I expected sooooo much from this game and, to this day, I still consider that game a masterpiece (although that game is too easy too). But yes, I highly recommend this game to give it a try, ESPECIALLY if you find it on discount, because it has a good story (but hard to follow), one of the most reliable and interesting partners I've ever had (and more games should take inspiration from her!), and has an unnoriginal yet good fps mechanic that works, but really begged for more innovation (Ok, the original game was more clunky on using both of your powers....)

A tough score for me, but I think a 9(.5) is a very well deserved to this game.
    Very good, but very flawed as well.
  12. Apr 19, 2013
    One the best of all time. The actual gameplay and graphics are solid, nothing ground breaking or new there. But it has go to be one of the best story lines of all time and well worth the time invested/

Judging on the negative reviews in may not appeal to those who aren't use to having to think about a story in a game.
  13. Nov 17, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is amazing, just utterly amazing. The first sky hook execution put a smile on my face from ear to ear after which I never stopped smiling through the entire game. With the sky hook comes the sky rail which turns you into a living roller coaster from which you can attack enemies on the move. It provides an amazing combination of fast-paced action along with the rush ofBioShock Infinite is amazing, just utterly amazing. The first sky hook execution put a smile on my face from ear to ear after which I never stopped smiling through the entire game. With the sky hook comes the sky rail which turns you into a living roller coaster from which you can attack enemies on the move. It provides an amazing combination of fast-paced action along with the rush of riding a roller coaster.

The story is incredible although it really has nothing to do with the original Rapture storyline so it doesn't necessarily fit the BioShock series. Although because it is such a great game which sticks to the original BioShock style game play, it is nice to know that the BioShock series was not tarnished. One can honestly say the BioShock trilogy is one of the best of all time.

Future games need to take notes on how to implement a sidekick. Any girl that gives me money is ok in my book and Elizabeth is a sweetheart to boot. She never gets in the way. She's never commanding or condescending. And she even helps you out by pointing out items like lock picks and voxophones. I actually developed a sense of trust in her. She was not only useful, but made me feel welcome in the process.

Easily the best game I've played this year.
  14. Apr 1, 2013
    Another fantastic title in the BioShock franchise, if you loved any of the other BioShock games, you'll love Infinite. Much like all of the other BioShock games, you do not need to play one, to understand the others, as they all have their own independent story line and characters. The game looks wonderful and plays wonderful.

I took two points off of BioShock Infinite, the first being

I took two points off of BioShock Infinite, the first being there is way, way, way too much combat in the game. Every 10 seconds it's room after room of enemy swarms, flooding the room, attacking you. I found myself enjoying the more peaceful missions better then cutting through hordes of people.

The second reason why I deducted a point was simply how linear the game was. I feel as though it could have been a little bit more open ended. I know we cannot expect this of the BioShock franchise, but a more open world would have been greatly appreciated. In a floating city driven by rail based travel, the world is fairly closed and basically pushes you through the entire story, almost as if down a hallway. All in all, it's exactly what you'd come to expect from a BioShock game, it looks good, plays good and sounds good. As always the story and characters are compelling and interesting. I am sure this will be a game of the year FPS in 2013.
  15. Jun 11, 2013
    WOW what an amazing game bioshock infinite has the best story i've ever seen so far it so amazing that it is even better than the first bioshock game twist and story the graphics are amazing in this game the gameplay is also amazing Elizabith is the best female character you'll ever see in a game i loved her but the game gets a bit repetitive at the end so they could've made it aWOW what an amazing game bioshock infinite has the best story i've ever seen so far it so amazing that it is even better than the first bioshock game twist and story the graphics are amazing in this game the gameplay is also amazing Elizabith is the best female character you'll ever see in a game i loved her but the game gets a bit repetitive at the end so they could've made it a bit shorter still one of the greatest games of all time and you should with no doubt play it Expand
  16. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the firstBioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the first game, but guns have more of a kick this time around. Plasmids also make a comeback in the form of Vigors, which allow for a lot of variation and experimentation in combat. There's also the inclusion of sky-lines, which make some fights really exciting and frantic. I'd say the combat scenarios are an improvement from the first Bioshock. You'll also be looting the environment and corpses for money, food, salt (for Vigors), etc.

Bioshock's art direction is simply stunning. It takes a very talented art team to pull off something like Infinite, and the team at Irrational was definitely up to the task. The amount of detail in each and every environment is staggering. You'll definitely understand why this game was such an undertaking and took so many years to create when you see it in action. Then you have Elizabeth, which is one of the most realized characters in all of gaming. Elizabeth's animations and interactions are one of Infinite's many highlights.

But Bioshock Infinite is ultimately all about the narrative, which it delivers on from beginning to end. This game's story is hands down one of the best in the business, even going as far as surpassing the original Bioshock. While Bioshock was a masterpiece, its ending left a little something to be desired. But this isn't the case with Bioshock Infinite. This game has an ending that'll blow you away.
  17. Sep 10, 2015
    This game is absolutley stellar. The graphics are fantastic(they are not photorealistic, they are highly stylized). The gameplay is spot on. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things. Lots of action. If you like bioshock, heck if you love video games get this! The only thing I would say that is apparant in some negative reviews is that if you are a HARDCORE shooterThis game is absolutley stellar. The graphics are fantastic(they are not photorealistic, they are highly stylized). The gameplay is spot on. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things. Lots of action. If you like bioshock, heck if you love video games get this! The only thing I would say that is apparant in some negative reviews is that if you are a HARDCORE shooter fan that only enjoys photorealistic graphics and games that are similar to call of duty then this may not be for you. It isnt the most serious shooter in the world. But if you play things other than call of duty then get this! you wont be dissapointed. Looks amazing on a good gaming pc! Easily one of the best games of 2013! Expand
  18. Sep 20, 2014
    Seeing as this is my first every Bioshock title I've played, I was pleasantly surprised to see how enjoyable the experience was despite being a newcomer to the series. The game is a competent FPS action-adventure with an intriguing storyline that entices you to keep playing more in order to solve the mystery about Elizabeth Comstock and the strange floating city of Columbia. Along withSeeing as this is my first every Bioshock title I've played, I was pleasantly surprised to see how enjoyable the experience was despite being a newcomer to the series. The game is a competent FPS action-adventure with an intriguing storyline that entices you to keep playing more in order to solve the mystery about Elizabeth Comstock and the strange floating city of Columbia. Along with high production values that you'd expect from a AAA title, it's no surprise that this title rated so well when released over a year ago. Expand
  19. Nov 1, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite on PC looks far superior to consoles and makes the overall experience that much better. The textures are not just sharper but also have extra fine detail not found on consoles. The gameplay, setting, story and characters are all top notch. One of the defining moments of last gen.
  20. Apr 19, 2013
    Grab a soda before you start because you will not want to get up once you begin. This has the most beautiful intro in game history. The lighting and movement is top notch. The variety of enemies though leave some to be desired. Also this is a linear game. It hides this with much predetermined commentary with Elisabeth your pseudo-disney girl in distress. Have an open mind with the storyGrab a soda before you start because you will not want to get up once you begin. This has the most beautiful intro in game history. The lighting and movement is top notch. The variety of enemies though leave some to be desired. Also this is a linear game. It hides this with much predetermined commentary with Elisabeth your pseudo-disney girl in distress. Have an open mind with the story and you will enjoy it much better. This storyline starts with a bang and then jumps around more often than you can count. I would of liked more weapons, the vigors (spells) were plentiful though and got more interesting as the game went on. Overall this game is a go, as in go out and buy it this is better than anything that has come out since Skyrim and is worthy of your time. Expand
  21. ERB
    Aug 10, 2013
    This game is absolutely awesome!Among all the BioShock games I've ever played,this is the best one so far.I am guessing that this game will be the game of the year I mean the game play is good,the graphics is also good,and everything about this game is epic!And also I am telling you guys to go buy this game and try playing It.It will be worth all the penny you pay to buy this game.
  22. Jul 14, 2013
    In short: Linear. Fun. Beautiful. Not as great as I thought and people said, but still good enough to play.

The original Bioshock was a plot that I never could have predicted and was so shocking and mind-blowing that I instantly loved the game even more than I already had up to that point. This latest installment? I called the twist ending about a little over halfway through the game.

This latest installment? I called the twist ending about a little over halfway through the game. While I didn't predict everything that happened in the end, the major twists were obvious to me already and it was admittedly satisfying to be right about it. But perhaps that's because after playing and enjoying Bioshock 1 & 2, I know how the writers think already.

It is a linear story and really there's two moments in the game where you're actually forced to choose one option or another, and they are light decisions too. You can bypass certain side areas and continue on the main storyline full speed so I guess there's an element of player choice in that, but obviously that's not recommended. (unless you're doing a speed run)

Anyway, I played the game on Hard difficulty and it was pretty challenging at certain parts those Handymen are tough bastards! I had to be revived a lot on most of the boss scenes. For most of it though it wasn't too bad, even on Hard difficulty. Combat was fun, hectic, and exciting.

Vigors which are Columbia's version of plasmids are interesting and combos were pretty fun, although I didn't much understand the last one that you get (Return to Sender) and I had to actually look it up. I barely used that one. Haha

Character development is pretty good, and particularly with Elizabeth. They did a wonderful job of making her act more life-like. If you pause in certain areas long enough she goes around on her own and looks at stuff, pointing out things that you might have missed. She also interacts with the environment on her own if you give her some time to. For instance, sitting down on benches, leaning against walls, and particularly the beach scene is where you see the most of this free-form acting. The expressions she gives and her body language also reflect her mood, which of course is affected by the situation. Voice acting is of course superb for all characters.

Graphically, the game is good, but not as great as it could have and arguably should have been. Textures in particular could have been so much better. But the lighting and particles are well done. the atmosphere they've created is definitely fantastic and, coupled with the music and the actual gameplay, this installment of Bioshock is memorable.

Anyway, I do like it and would recommend this to people. It is a lot of fun to explore a whole different world from Rapture. The floating buildings and open spaces, the sky, the clouds, the sunlight, the society... it was a glorious sight to see and to be in the floating city of Columbia.
  23. Mar 26, 2013
    This is a crowning achievement for this cycle of games which is defined by life cycles of consoles. As gaming and other software begins to explore the use of cloud technology and rapid solid state memory, more intense graphics will become the standard along with perfected sound. This game, however, already has those. As a preface, to truly appreciate this game I think you have to enjoyThis is a crowning achievement for this cycle of games which is defined by life cycles of consoles. As gaming and other software begins to explore the use of cloud technology and rapid solid state memory, more intense graphics will become the standard along with perfected sound. This game, however, already has those. As a preface, to truly appreciate this game I think you have to enjoy story telling. This game is HEAVILY story driven with fantastic writing. I spent at least an hour in the chapel after landing in Columbia. Needless to say I have not finished the game yet but I am savoring it. I am playing on hard as suggested by PC Gamer because most story centric games have little replay value but this game's story is deep and rich enough to deserve at least another replay. I know I will replay it with the 1999 option after hard so that I can see how I might end without a winnable ending. This is a game about the journey. To rush through it is to completely miss the substance of the game. This is not an ADD friendly game. While the combat is exhilarating and amazingly fun (much like but improved over the original Bioshock) you do have to use tactics and planning to survive. I also appreciate that on the non-1999 version you are not overly punished for screwing up and experimenting. The voice acting, the graphics, the atmosphere, the sheer creative genius of this world inspired me to buy a season pass as I would love more of this game. Ken Levine and the entire Irrational Games team should be given a well deserved standing ovation. I hope that Irrational will take their time, but not as much time, developing their next game. A return to a cyberpunk world would be wonderful, perhaps as a System Shock 3? Take a well deserved break Mr. Levine come back refreshed and let that genius flow again into yet another wonderful experience. Expand
  24. Aug 27, 2013
    We would definitely recommend this game as a must play for any gamer. The story keeps you sucked in and entertained. The graphics will make you marvel at it's sight and the gameplay will keep you entertained all the way until the end. Replayability is pretty good as well. Definitely check this game out.
  25. Sep 10, 2015
    This would get a perfect score from me if it wasn't for just one pretty major flaw - but we'll come to that later, because it is quite literally the only downside this otherwise perfect game has.

Yes, perfect, In an age where first-person shooters are giving up the ghost and binning single-player campaigns entirely (bloody Battlefront, I'm looking at you), Bioshock Infinite proved not only could it be done well, but it can blow away anything else the genre has to offer in terms of offering a quintessential gaming experience.

The graphics are, of course, stunning, but it's the artistic direction which makes this game so good. You are drawn into this world hook, line and sinker - it's visual beauty contrasting sublimely with the ugly violence. Every character has depth, every plot point means something, and it all builds to a climactic finale that it would be an actual crime to spoil for you.

When people talk about video games as art and point to 'walking simulator' boring crap as examples of it, the reason I personally scorn at them is because of Bioshock Infinite - which is ACTUAL gaming art. A complete masterpiece, offering a totally immersive experience while giving you actual gameplay.

Which is why it's a bloody shame the actual shooting mechanics are so damn mediocre! For me, the core mechanics of a game are so central to the experience that it takes two whole points off the score. The gunplay isn't "bad" as such, just... average. The vigors aren't as impactful as the previous titles in the series and the guns are phoned in and lack any imagination and spark, which is doubly surprising given the inventiveness of the universe itself.

But it sort of doesn't matter. This is definitely a case of a game where the overwhelming positives drown out the one big negative, and does so with ease.

This game is now over two years old and obviously no bugger is going to read this, but I had to leave the review anyway. The game is a masterpiece. If you haven't played it, bloody hell, do so, and lament the fact that you probably won't play its' like again unless a Half Life 3 comes out, because the AAA gaming studios have decided that unless a game is multi-player and a military shooter, there's no point in making it. Urgh...
  26. Apr 5, 2013
    I'm almost crying! Thats the damn best game I ever played! FANTASTIC! Plot is simple awesome, I've never seen so strong story! For sure this is game of the year! You simple must try this! Last time I had same emotions by playing Portal2
  27. Apr 25, 2013
    Pros: 1) Outstanding story, with satisfying ending! 2) Beautiful city of Columbia (visuals)! 3) Skyline adds dynamics to the game! 4) Elizabeth as NPC probably done the best in history of gaming! 5) Plasmids (vigors) & guns still fun!
    Cons: 1) less plasmids than in original! 2) Boring upgrades! 3) Unnecessary violence, unclear motivation of antagonist!
    Conclusion: Strong contender for
    Conclusion: Strong contender for Game Of The Year!
  28. May 30, 2014
    As someone who was a big fan of the first two Bioshock games, this game did not let me down. The environment, which in a Bioshock game is also pretty much a character, was stunningly portrayed: the graphics, the ambient sound, the random conversations and music... I did generally find the supporting characters to be less interesting than in previous games, but this was more than made upAs someone who was a big fan of the first two Bioshock games, this game did not let me down. The environment, which in a Bioshock game is also pretty much a character, was stunningly portrayed: the graphics, the ambient sound, the random conversations and music... I did generally find the supporting characters to be less interesting than in previous games, but this was more than made up for by the splendid duo of main characters. The story in which you find yourself is worthy of the Bioshock mantle, though far more bizarre and cryptic than previous titles. Gameplay-wise, it feels familiar enough while still introducing some awesome new features: you still fight your enemies with a combination of powers and weapons, but there are new options for utilizing the environment to your advantage (not to give any spoilers). Definitely a good choice for anyone who likes FPS games, but especially for gamers who love compelling stories. Expand
  29. Dec 12, 2015
    Gameplay : 8
    Graphics : 8
    Story : 9
    Sound : 9
    Overall : 8
  30. Mar 30, 2013
    One of the best FPS i ever played. Graphics style is very good and combat is fun. After trash story lines like in hearth os swarm or mass effect 3. We finally get a game witch has a really good story. The only minor problem is low difficulty even on hard, but that does not také away from superior gameplay.
  31. Jun 20, 2013
    This HAS to be game of the year. This game is so fresh, and its not stale! This is one of the greatest games I have played in a long time, I've just completed it and I don't want to spoil anything but it feels like I've just watched The Matrix for the first time. My mind is blown.

Anyway, I wasn't too sure about this game. The fact that it took place up in the sky put me off as the first 2 games were at the bottom of the ocean and I thought there's no way that's possible, it must be a tiny city... (Derp, Bioshock 1 & 2 took place underwater! What am I thinking?!) The graphics made me a bit put off as well which looked a bit more like a cartoon rather than it looking rough and realistic and I really regret judging the game for that which is why I didn't buy it until a few days ago.

The graphics are really nice and have this bloom effect. The game also ran really well for me on 'High' the only problems I had was random crashing a few times which rarely happened as well as stuttering if I alt-tabbed out of the game for a while or just very rare random stuttering. (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz, 3.5GB Ram, [I actually have 8 but 32-bit only lets me use 3.5] and ATI Radeon 6950.)

There are lots of weapons and the revolver no doubt is my favourite, as well as the machine gun. All of the weapons give a satisfying *UMPH* if you know what I mean. As for the plasmids (or vigors) which have cleverly been designed as liquid to consume; are somewhat similar to the plasmids but have a different feel to it which is ok.

Now you have an NPC which follows you throughout the game which is Elizabeth and surprisingly she's not dumb and doesn't get in the way or be useless as a brick wall, she's actually really useful. The dialogue where she throws supplies is a bit repetitive but you don't really notice it that much as you can mostly hear gunfire.

The overall feel for the game has that Bioshock feeling, but its different and I like it.

BAD: Personally I am disappointed that nothing is really physical like the first 2 games. I can understand why they did this as the physics in the previous games were clunky and a bit buggy but a lot of items could had been physical.

I also dislike that when you upgrade your weapons no attachments are added to them, it's just the same model.

Overall this game is 100% worth buying, it's fresh, the voice acting is simply amazing and I really got attached to Elizabeth as well as the story and I really hope that there's a sequel to this game.

THANK YOU BIOSHOCK INFINITE DEVELOPERS & VOICE ACTORS AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR MAKING AN AWESOME GAME!
  32. Mar 29, 2013
    "Bioshock Infinite" combines clever gameplay with dynamic action and usefull AI. The story is mindblowing from start to finish, Elizabeth will help you out in combat without making it to easy, Vigors and Salts work better than Plasmids and Eve, and the atmosphere is breathtaking. The only minor downside in my opinion, is that in very few moments, the voice work and the character's emotion"Bioshock Infinite" combines clever gameplay with dynamic action and usefull AI. The story is mindblowing from start to finish, Elizabeth will help you out in combat without making it to easy, Vigors and Salts work better than Plasmids and Eve, and the atmosphere is breathtaking. The only minor downside in my opinion, is that in very few moments, the voice work and the character's emotion don't fully match, but besides from that it's a wonderfull game. Expand
  33. Jun 24, 2015
    What an amazing comeback to the BioShock series. BioShock Infinite is a beautiful game and instead of taking you into the depths of Rapture, now it is up in the skies of Columbia!

The story is brilliant with its plot twists, loop holes, truths spilling out right in front of you! Ken Levine (the writer of the BioShock series) has really brought the house down with BioShock Infinite's storytelling

The graphics, are beautiful! Once again I have to say the developers did it again with the opening! One of the most beautiful and amazing openings I have seen in a game, entering Columbia's pathways made me feel like I was part of Columbia and if in the future someone does come up with this idea, I'm all in! Your side companion, Elizabeth is actually the only side companion I actually enjoyed staying with, she will look for ammo and health as well as salts to help you whilst you are shooting your way through the tons of enemies the game throws at you

The skyline, what an amazing ride it was! Riding on the skyline was one of the most enjoyable bits I enjoyed in the game. Although a bit hard to master at first, you will soon get the hang of it! The Songbird, holy ♥♥♥♥, this massive bird that you see half way through the game is absolutely terrifying! With its loud screech and creepy eyes, it will surely send shivers down you're spine when you meet the Songbird for the first time! The Boy of Silence, one of the most terrifying bits in the game. And especially that bit! (People who have played the game, you know what I mean!)

Return to Rapture, although you never see Rapture until half way through the game, it makes me happy to see it back once again. Also note that Big Daddies and Little Sisters are non-existent in this game.

The game does take a dark side to it, the game unlike it predecessor deals with racism, discrimination, extreme religion and very serious and mature hot topics which involves the White race having all the fun whilst the Black race and other "lowlifes" that are in the slum areas of Columbia be treated like dirt, which some people may find offensive. Also some people may find the violence to be a little too graphic and may find it disturbing to watch/play

I hardly noticed any glitches or bugs, the only bug I encountered with was half way through the game, whilst rowing to a lighthouse the audio of the rowing paddles with the water were glitching out a bit and making a loud water sound effect muffling all the other voice actors

This game is absolutely brilliant and it is a big change from what was in BioShock and BioShock 2 and hopefully we may see more of the BioShock series in the near future!

Now, bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt.
  34. Apr 1, 2013
    This game has an absolutely amazing world to explore as well as a very intriguing story, but lets not pretend it is perfect. Do not get me wrong, this game is a worthy buy and a great game, but there are several serious flaws that kept this game from being legendary; Where the graphics can truly be amazing at times, occasionally some textures or models will look like they had been furtherThis game has an absolutely amazing world to explore as well as a very intriguing story, but lets not pretend it is perfect. Do not get me wrong, this game is a worthy buy and a great game, but there are several serious flaws that kept this game from being legendary; Where the graphics can truly be amazing at times, occasionally some textures or models will look like they had been further outdated than the original Bioshock (which was still rather good;) Some scripted events involving NPCs encountered while exploring are downright horrible; Small holes in the story that never get answered take away from what could have been a flawless performance; Excessive overuse of Bloom effects even for a city in the sky; The removal of any save feature outside of checkpoints that was present in the previous games that is just really annoying; and worst of all, a completely useless and unrewarding character progression. Again, this game is amazing and absolutely worth playing. However, it could have been a 10/10 legendary game if it could have addressed several issues that seemed a lot more like lack of polish or development time than anything else. Expand
  35. Jul 20, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite delivers on every level- the gameplay is fantastic, the story is great, and the customization of your character is great. While your weapon options are limited, that presents you with seemingly more options, as you have to prepare yourself for what you expect to be coming up, and you adapt your weapon choice to your playstyle. Additionally, the powers you get add to theBioshock Infinite delivers on every level- the gameplay is fantastic, the story is great, and the customization of your character is great. While your weapon options are limited, that presents you with seemingly more options, as you have to prepare yourself for what you expect to be coming up, and you adapt your weapon choice to your playstyle. Additionally, the powers you get add to the whole spectacle. While it's storyline isn't as terrible ground-breaking as some reviews make it out to be, it's an enjoyable one anyways. Expand
  36. Mar 22, 2016
    Infinite was an enjoyable mix-up for the series, very addicting too once you get going. The sky-line system was definitely better than anticipated, and they even included fighting mechanics. The world and atmosphere fit very well with the story and you feel involved in this unique place. The minor flaws include repetitive monsters and fights, but the game isn't too long so this isn't muchInfinite was an enjoyable mix-up for the series, very addicting too once you get going. The sky-line system was definitely better than anticipated, and they even included fighting mechanics. The world and atmosphere fit very well with the story and you feel involved in this unique place. The minor flaws include repetitive monsters and fights, but the game isn't too long so this isn't much of a bother. I have to say also with no spoilers included, the end boss fight was a let down for me. Expand
  37. Aug 25, 2015
    Soooooooo refreshing! With Bioshock Infinite I got everything I expected and more. I have played all earlier Bioshock titles and as much as they did not impress me, I think this particular game is extraordinary. It provides the old Bioshock formula with adding its own spin on everything else. Nowadays it is very hard to surprise me with a game and Bioshock Infinite made me realise againSoooooooo refreshing! With Bioshock Infinite I got everything I expected and more. I have played all earlier Bioshock titles and as much as they did not impress me, I think this particular game is extraordinary. It provides the old Bioshock formula with adding its own spin on everything else. Nowadays it is very hard to surprise me with a game and Bioshock Infinite made me realise again that there is always a way to be innovative and creative. It just takes the right people to pull the strings. I experienced no bugs and no irritation whatsoever, just pure joy of playing. As such, this game deserves to be cherished by the gamers. In my opinion already has a legendary status, that is 10/10 exemplary in terms of how to make a singleplayer pc game. In my opinion it is the 2nd fpp game to reach a note of 10 since Far Cry 3.

Story
    It pulled me in like few games did. Only because of real life tribulations I had to leave the Bioshock Infinite world that is one of a kind. A wonderful fruit of a great mind. I basicly stopped caring about all other stuff I had installed on my HDD at that time. Ending is pretty weak but can`t ruin the overall strong 18 hours of playthrough.
    At first the story is a little slow, then after 30 minutes it picks up. The action is well paced, the breaks between it are great. There is a nice twist, even just about I though it was to close, something happens and the gamer has to deal with different circumstances.
    I found Booker DeWitt to be very well portrayed, even though the player doesn`t see his protagonist. He speaks often in cutscenes, he is clever. Every sensation, every feeling of DeWitt is passed through to the player which leaves an excellent impression. The gamer becomes De Witt as soon as he enters the game world and stays him until the very end.
    Althrough DeWitt is very good, he is not the main character. The main character is Elizabeth. She is perfect. Since Half Life 2 I have never seen a sidekick as good as this. She`s been made perfectly both as story pillar and as gameplay support.
    Elizabeth is everything a real woman is. She is smart, naive, sensitive, loving and charming. She loves to dance, cries, laughs. She enriches the story tenfold and is never annoying. Her unstable relationship with DeWitt is believable and fun like a good lovestory. You see her going about and by the 2nd scene you literally start to think she`s a living woman inside the game. You can get iritated, you can fall in love with her or feel like her father only because she is so believable. At the same time she is a great teammate. She does not need any nursing. In fact, she nurses DeWitt from time to time, handling him ammo, money, salts or health. Every moment along the way you both go, she shows her fears so you pick up on it and feel similar.
    Dialogues between the two leave nothing to be desired.

Graphics
    Upgraded Bioshock 1 engine. Looks excellent even in 2015 and plays well on old hardware.
    There are some low quality textures here and there but not very often, you`d have to really look for it. Every other texture is great. Also the environment is not destructible. However besides that there is this overwhelming attention to detail. Rooms look excellent, open areas look great. Shadows and lightning work is spot on. The color pallette is little cartoonish so to say, but you get used to it pretty quickly.
    Model textures look very good, even singular stitches or patches on clothes. Any model is acceptable whereas Elizabeth looks like creating her took away most of the resources. Her clothes and hair have their own simple physics, she has a whole set of facial animations. By looking at her model a human mind instinctively reads all the emotions that she is supposed to feel, nothing looks wrong here.
    Guns show reflections and are well detailed. Every gun has its own animation. Explosions and all other effects are of exemplary quality.

Interface/Gameplay
    Takes some time to get used to. Fairly easy, not complicated, using as few buttons as possible. Suitable for mouse & keyboard playing. Responsive and smooth.
    There are all guntypes I would imagine mandatory for a fpp game. At first standard stuff that changes in time you progress. As in other Bioshocks, you can do guns only or vigors only or mix it up if you want. The game introduces you to every type and in time you are able to use the equipment effectively.

Music/Voices
    Could not have been done better. Plays along with everything that is shown to the player. Causes to reflect upon the story, enriches the world and characters. Voicework is top notch.
  38. Mar 27, 2013
    A beautiful masterpiece of a game. You could almost assume what the ratings would be upon just viewing the trailers. Irrational Games delivers in full, and then some. The amount of first rate writing and originality is all there in full, and it's much, much more than enough to make the game good. The graphics are breathtaking. The game mechanics are extremely well polished. It may not beA beautiful masterpiece of a game. You could almost assume what the ratings would be upon just viewing the trailers. Irrational Games delivers in full, and then some. The amount of first rate writing and originality is all there in full, and it's much, much more than enough to make the game good. The graphics are breathtaking. The game mechanics are extremely well polished. It may not be the game you'll play over and over like Team Fortress 2 or an Elder Scrolls game, but BioShock Infinite will still linger in your head after completion because the storytelling is just that good. Ken Levine, you know how to write a damn good story. Feel good about that. It could be a very long time until another game with this good of writing comes along again. It doesn't have the moral directions that Levine's BioShock 1 had, or what Jordan Thomas' BioShock 2 had (which wasn't AS good as BS1 or Infinite, but still a great game). I also found the game to be a bit short, but that's okay, because it might have felt like it dragged on a bit if it was longer, you never know. Overall, this is the kind of game every type of gamer should try before they die. Expand
  39. May 16, 2013
    A gorgeous world and intriguing story, inspired by utopian/dystopian fiction and American history. Expertly-crafted and beautiful game-world with enough stop-and-stare moments to fill your hat. Very polished and technically almost perfect. However, I would agree with some of the comments here that the gameplay just isnt' quite as good. The shooting is a fun experience, but nothing thatA gorgeous world and intriguing story, inspired by utopian/dystopian fiction and American history. Expertly-crafted and beautiful game-world with enough stop-and-stare moments to fill your hat. Very polished and technically almost perfect. However, I would agree with some of the comments here that the gameplay just isnt' quite as good. The shooting is a fun experience, but nothing that stands out. You won't remember the game for its gunfight action, but you will be mesmerised and propelled along by the sheer craft of the world, characters and unfolding story. If they had this world, mixed in with the kind of multi-choice gameplay dynamic of something like Dishonored, then the game could have got top marks. I'll certainly go back and play through again in the future a solid 8-8.5. Thanks Irrational! Expand
  40. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The environments are amazing, character models are amazing, and everything looks fantastic. 10.

Sound: Professional voice acting, beautiful in game themes, the sounds transition perfectly in each fight, in meeting new characters. 10. Gameplay: Fun exploration, combat is challenging, new gameplay aspect: riding the skyline. Skills/abilities which add more flavor to the

Gameplay: Fun exploration, combat is challenging, new gameplay aspect: riding the skyline. Skills/abilities which add more flavor to the combat. Tough enemies that require some strategy, while others are just run and gun. Disappointed there wasn’t any big impact like the big daddies in the first Bioshock. I expected to get a boss fight against that big mechanical bird, or at least something of that size or nature that would be challenging, but there wasn’t. It’s a game with a set of choice on exploration or linearity, or both. 9.0

Story: The overall structure of the story is great, the way its told, how its told as you play is amazing. Characters that are very appealing which adds emotion to the game. The only issue I had was with the ending. I did enjoy it but it is no doubt, and can definitely be confusing. The good thing about the ending leaves fans for discussion which created more detail views on wiki about the game’s ending. Its more focused on delivering a story that isn’t straight forward which is great, but it could have done so in a less confusing way. 9.5.

Replay Value: Personally I don’t see much replay value after the first playthrough unless you’re into collectibles/achievements. Other than that the game is long, at least it felt long, and it’s definitely worth playing. 8.5.

Overall Score: 9.4 out of 10.
  41. Apr 17, 2013
    Even if you stripped away the story, characters, art direction, voice acting, and music this would still be a good game. But with all those elements, this game is amazing. The art direction and detail in certain areas of the game is jaw dropping. There is much imagination at work in this game, both with gameplay and story. To say more about how good the story and characters are wouldEven if you stripped away the story, characters, art direction, voice acting, and music this would still be a good game. But with all those elements, this game is amazing. The art direction and detail in certain areas of the game is jaw dropping. There is much imagination at work in this game, both with gameplay and story. To say more about how good the story and characters are would venture into spoiler territory. This is a worthy sequel to the original Bioshock. Not only worthy, but better. Expand
  42. Apr 2, 2013
    I feel like it'd be a little pointless to go into detail about why this game is so good as there are already hundreds of other reviews saying the same thing. It's a really fun steampunk adventure with a nice combat system that's easy to control yet tough to master, takes place in one of the most imaginative locations I've ever seen in a game, and it's all tied together with a surprisinglyI feel like it'd be a little pointless to go into detail about why this game is so good as there are already hundreds of other reviews saying the same thing. It's a really fun steampunk adventure with a nice combat system that's easy to control yet tough to master, takes place in one of the most imaginative locations I've ever seen in a game, and it's all tied together with a surprisingly deep plot that warrents a second or even a third playthrough to fully grasp. I've played it twice and was surprised how much I picked up on that I didn't notice the first time. It's an incredible game. However there are a few crtiticisms I have for it, nothing that really hinders the experience but things that could have made it even better. The weapon upgrades are shallow compared to bio 1 and 2, most of them are either minor damage or clip size upgrades, would have liked to see more variation in that department. Also I don't like how in bioshock games, dying doesn't really have any penalty beyond respawning out of the battle area. They did add a few penalties such as enemies getting some of their health back, but overall I would have preferred they scrapped this idea for the sake of a more balanced health system. Lastly and most importantly, I really would have liked to see them do more with the boys of silence, they only show up in one section toward the end and their role seemed pretty underdeveloped. But beyond those things I highly recommend this game. Expand
  43. Apr 5, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is great.. I should actually say perfect, best game so far yet this year. Based on my system, it only needs 700MB of RAM, current CPU and GFX settings turned up on Ultra, runs beautifully.. 2K did an absolutely terrific job on this one and I can well now see why it won the awards. The scores are better than even FC3, i'm surprised with that but I surely ain't saying itBioshock Infinite is great.. I should actually say perfect, best game so far yet this year. Based on my system, it only needs 700MB of RAM, current CPU and GFX settings turned up on Ultra, runs beautifully.. 2K did an absolutely terrific job on this one and I can well now see why it won the awards. The scores are better than even FC3, i'm surprised with that but I surely ain't saying it wasn't a bad game.

The game has some new stuff in it like the hummingbirds, etc. makes it look so much better. I can see alot of dishonored in the game and alot of BS1 and I was absolutely pleased with those two. That arm peace weaponry is a good tool, it works alone and is all in one. Last night after doing the mission where you fall from sky, I almost pissed myself.

It's sad to see that the hacking is gone but its great to see that tape playing and item gathering is still there, I spent an entire hour scavenging around in the begining for loose change laying around and of course other items. Steam sure did go crazy on the achievements but sure ok i'm cool with that.

I am very pleased with the price I paid for this, the game does deserve every penny. Thank you 2K for making such a beautiful and well put together game.
  44. Mar 30, 2013
    The best FPS I've ever played. And the biggest reason I can give you is Elizabeth. Elizabeth the best NPC in any video game I've ever played. THe gameplay is excellent (though fiddly at times) the graphics are top notch (not the aboluste best, but only a tad under) the sense of "being there" is fantastic as the details is just breath taking. The game mechanics are worked out and smooth.The best FPS I've ever played. And the biggest reason I can give you is Elizabeth. Elizabeth the best NPC in any video game I've ever played. THe gameplay is excellent (though fiddly at times) the graphics are top notch (not the aboluste best, but only a tad under) the sense of "being there" is fantastic as the details is just breath taking. The game mechanics are worked out and smooth. But it is Elizabeth I've fallen in love with a sodding video game character. Please let me buy all your DLC expansions and follow ups. Sign me up right now but if you change her personality Irrational Games... I'm coming after you with a stick covered in dog excrement. Expand
  45. Oct 30, 2015
    The history of this game is very very good, but the game itself its not that great because of recycled enemies it makes it a shooting gallery with the same enemies all tthe entire expierence. On the other hand graphics are beautiful, the main characters are superb , top notch voive acting and music.
  46. Mar 30, 2013
    Words are powerless to describe this game...you should play it by yourself, and then you will know whats INFINITE. Irrational games have been amazing always, and this time they are into their infinity Bioshock infinite is a masterpiece of this generation...may not be easy to chose is as the GOTY yet, but Infinite will be definitely on the list. Aside of being game it is also a realWords are powerless to describe this game...you should play it by yourself, and then you will know whats INFINITE. Irrational games have been amazing always, and this time they are into their infinity Bioshock infinite is a masterpiece of this generation...may not be easy to chose is as the GOTY yet, but Infinite will be definitely on the list. Aside of being game it is also a real piece of art in terms of designs. Gameplay is proven over the Bioshsock 1 and the story is as awesome as I expected. Graphics are great only if you play it on a good PC otherwise frame rate and textures on the both console versions arent that nice. Expand
  47. Aug 22, 2015
    I don't like FPS and mostly I don't like killing people (even if fictional) in general and I think that is the reason why I was able to dive so deep on this title's story.

The game itself is pretty easy (there are modes beyond normal difficulty, so probably FPS fans may enjoy better with them), and that's actually a good thing because you can concentrate on story and story fragments since plot is where this game excels (and I mean it). Everything start slow but, progressing, events rush to a point you're disoriented and speechless. Every word added there would be a spoiler, so I'd better keep my mouth shout.

Graphics are excellent, one of the best use of Unreal Engine 3 you can ever see and with great performance. Sound compartment is flawless too, both on effects and music.

There are only 2 things I didn't like which strip the 10/10 from this title: Elizabeth being too "unrealistic" or doll-like and too much playtime to finish the game, I'd like to have probably a little more than half of the 15h it took for me to complete the story line (I got bored halfway through).
    For me this game is 9/10 though.

To recap, totally recommended to anyone on any OS (run with excellent performance on linux too), this was one of the best game I ever played.
  48. Jul 6, 2016
    BioShock Infinite is a masterpiece, there's no doubt. There are a good graphics, awesome artstyle and OST, great gameplay. The plot is fine as well. The thing you will understand when completing BioShock Infintie is that people are able to create masterpieces nowadays.
  49. Mar 29, 2013
    An outstanding achievement by any measure across all dimensions. Bioshock Infinite is a much-needed radical departure from today's deteriorated gaming standards. The story of this game is soul-liberating! Although the FPS and RPG components of this game fall short of being great with the just-about-good skill set (vigors) and gunplay mechanics, you can tell that Irrational Games was afterAn outstanding achievement by any measure across all dimensions. Bioshock Infinite is a much-needed radical departure from today's deteriorated gaming standards. The story of this game is soul-liberating! Although the FPS and RPG components of this game fall short of being great with the just-about-good skill set (vigors) and gunplay mechanics, you can tell that Irrational Games was after a higher goal. Instead, they focused their resources to create the visual and cultural gaming masterpiece of 2013. If you haven't bought this game yet, you need to start running and grab it! Let's support great games! Easily my Game of the Year. Expand
  50. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. The gameplay is not good: The KI is sometimes stupid, it's too easy and the shooter mechanics are not good. Actually Bioshock Infinite deserves because of that not 10 out of 10, but the rest is like 11/10. It looks okay, the sounds and voices are great, the weapons are cool and your KI companion is nice to you and not irritating and the best is the story: It isThis game is a masterpiece. The gameplay is not good: The KI is sometimes stupid, it's too easy and the shooter mechanics are not good. Actually Bioshock Infinite deserves because of that not 10 out of 10, but the rest is like 11/10. It looks okay, the sounds and voices are great, the weapons are cool and your KI companion is nice to you and not irritating and the best is the story: It is so complex and brilliant, the characters are great and the twists are just mindblowing. I love this game. Expand
  51. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Game is beautiful, the voice acting is great, especially by Troy Baker, the story really makes you think, and doesn't have the weak ending that Bioshock 1 and 2 had, the gameplay is ok, but this game is a masterpiece. Expand
  52. May 23, 2015
    BioShock Infinite a masterpiece of the series and a nature show The graphics are fantastic gameplay controls liked also liked history and animals that game and to man better than Minecraft
  53. Dec 21, 2014
    This game is beautiful. The world seems complete and fully rendered. Really you feel as if you are traveling through a complete world. You aren't told "look they are racist." You can take in the economic imbalance in a glance. Really the scenery is what this game is all about. How can a floating city be treated otherwise? The plot of the game is interesting. The FPS mechanic is reasonable.This game is beautiful. The world seems complete and fully rendered. Really you feel as if you are traveling through a complete world. You aren't told "look they are racist." You can take in the economic imbalance in a glance. Really the scenery is what this game is all about. How can a floating city be treated otherwise? The plot of the game is interesting. The FPS mechanic is reasonable. I'm not uber with FPS and I got through it. Vigors added a nice sense of tactics to the fighting. In the end though fighting wave after wave of generic enemies to advance the plot becomes kind of a chore.
    And their last act twist (which I won't spoil). It fits well. But not perfect. (which is why I give it this score) There could have been more/better forshadowing throughout. Really the problem is by seeing the world Comestock lives in and through his actions, you feel you know him. But the narrator is too much a blank slate.
  54. sft
    Feb 9, 2015
    Rapture in Columbia

Rapture in Columbia

The first Bioshock game was a remarkable achievement. Bioshock 2 expanded on the first and was equally good. With BIOSHOCK INFINITE, Irrational Games have surpassed their previous efforts and produced a game that is better than the first two in all but one way (we’ll come to that later). BI looks fantastic. The aerial city of Columbia is quite literally stunning to look at. Visually the game is a work of art, with some of the most amazing design and use of colour that I’ve ever seen in a game. The story, although not directly related to the first two games, is as strong as ever, as is the voice acting. The combat will be familiar to those who have played B1 or 2, although the more open environment of Columbia and the ability to use the Sky-Line system makes many of the set-pieces more fluid and dynamic. The weapons are different and now the plasmids are called Vigors and are replenished by the use of salts but overall the feel of the combat is quite similar to the two previous games. A major difference, however, is that the player now has a companion. Elizabeth is with you throughout much of the game and although she does not take part in any combat she does assist in other ways and she also provides a conversational foil for the playable character, who also speaks in this instalment. The only thing I missed when playing this game were the Splicers. In Bioshock 1 and 2 the bizarre ramblings of these twisted individuals were a joy to hear and they produced much of the games’ humour. There is humour in BI but not as much as I would have liked. That said it’s really the only criticism I have of the game and it’s more than compensated for by all that’s good about it.
  55. Jul 15, 2015
    An incredible adventure. The story is one of the best in gaming, the gameplay isn't broken or screwed, like most games nowadays, the characters are ones of which you actually care about. Play this. Just... play it.
  56. Aug 26, 2013
    Very good game but the lack of fun is what keeps it from being a classic. I don’t think I can really complain about anything but the inventory system and searching ever dead body (I HATE THAT) but I just felt like much of the game was boring combat to get to the next story point. I think this would have made a much better movie than a game.
  57. Mar 30, 2013
    You've undoubtedly heard many praises surrounding this game, and it's my opinion that it lives up to the hype. The only thing i took issue with, was the somewhat "rigid" aiming system. It's not a impediment to enjoying gameplay, but as is, can be annoying at times. Graphics and voice work is excellent and although some people might disapprove of the "comic" inspired character designs, iYou've undoubtedly heard many praises surrounding this game, and it's my opinion that it lives up to the hype. The only thing i took issue with, was the somewhat "rigid" aiming system. It's not a impediment to enjoying gameplay, but as is, can be annoying at times. Graphics and voice work is excellent and although some people might disapprove of the "comic" inspired character designs, i enjoyed it. The story and character development is very well done, the details of which you'll have to find out yourselves. It's a welcome and worthy addition to the franchise, especially after the disappointment that was Bioshock 2. Expand
  58. Mar 27, 2013
    An excellent FPS that freshens up the genre like it's 2 predecessors did. This is a work of art that excels in every area, a must buy for action game fans.
  59. Apr 20, 2013
    My rating is based on the super graphics and the somewhat unique approach to the coming of the messiah. The shooter end of the game is okay, but somewhat annoying. I would like to find at least one game where you can kill an opponent with one shot. Still, the game lives up to the hype, but personally I prefer the first two Bioshocks.
  60. Jun 11, 2014
    I can't find anything to complain about in this game besides the moneyhatting DLCs. The game is one of the best looking I've ever seen, it lasts about 10 hours in the main campaign. It is a riveting story which makes you feel like the characters are real people. Definitely worth the cost.
  61. Apr 8, 2015
    A totally fantastic game.
    a deep story with a nice writing script
    stunning atmosphere of the city Columbus
    impressive characters in the game
    super power is always fun to use
    skyhooks are awesome and gave player some high speed experience
    must be the best Fps shooter in 2013
  62. Jul 7, 2013
    Easily one of the best stories in gaming, with a beautifully designed world and strong voice acting... but, its over-hyped. This is not the greatest game of the generation, because as a game, it isn't fantastic. The gameplay is fun enough to go through the story, but it not an improvement on the original Bioshock formula, in fact I preferred the first game much more. The vigors and gunsEasily one of the best stories in gaming, with a beautifully designed world and strong voice acting... but, its over-hyped. This is not the greatest game of the generation, because as a game, it isn't fantastic. The gameplay is fun enough to go through the story, but it not an improvement on the original Bioshock formula, in fact I preferred the first game much more. The vigors and guns don't match well, and it doesn't help that you are restricted to two guns, which takes out some of the strategic elements of the game. A boss is reused three times, and besides that enemy variety is only average, with the handymen managing to actually be annoying rather than challenging. All in all this game as a game is decent but nothing special, a 6 or a 7 maybe, but its graphics and story bump it up to an 8. Expand
  63. Mar 26, 2013
    All I gotta say is its breathtaking with a rich imagination.
    Not to mention Irrational take risks that few other companies take.
    It's nice to see a company recognize history accurately.
  64. Dec 28, 2014
    bioshock. im sorry. you won in 2013 fps genre. no doubts. ghosts was crap. bf4 was cool but buggy as hell. this game is so underrated comparing to the rest fps games this year. because today everyone is 10 years old **** that play multiplayer
    OMG YO HACKIN **** YO MOM OMG BIOSHACK INFANITE IS SHIET CUZ GHOSTS BEST GAME EVA 10/10
    **** you. bioshock infinite is a great taking. and sure

**** you.
    bioshock infinite is a great taking. and sure takes easily the best fps of 2013. lol why do i even compare it to the others :D
  65. Jan 28, 2016
    This game is amazing. My first playthrough I thought it was just okay, but replaying it made me completely fall in love with it. Great story-telling, great mechanics and controls, great abilities, and great action make this game one of the best of all time. Spectacularly engaging even if you don't enjoy shooters. My only complaint is that, because it is not an open-world game, itThis game is amazing. My first playthrough I thought it was just okay, but replaying it made me completely fall in love with it. Great story-telling, great mechanics and controls, great abilities, and great action make this game one of the best of all time. Spectacularly engaging even if you don't enjoy shooters. My only complaint is that, because it is not an open-world game, it doesn't seem like you get to fully explore Columbia.

Cost me $3.40 on sale, played 35 hours. Super value.
  66. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is great there is nothing in anyway bad about it. If you don't have this game whenever you get the chance get it. This game is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! 10/10
  67. Mar 26, 2013
    Would you kindly play this game? This by far is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years of gaming. When I walked out of that capsule and those lit candles with the soothing music behind it I knew this game was going somewhere. This is art this is what this generations needed for a ending of this generation consoles. I can now say this is added to the list of great games made by aWould you kindly play this game? This by far is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years of gaming. When I walked out of that capsule and those lit candles with the soothing music behind it I knew this game was going somewhere. This is art this is what this generations needed for a ending of this generation consoles. I can now say this is added to the list of great games made by a genius company. Great job irrational games. Every bit was worth playing this game. Expand
  68. Apr 1, 2013
    I made a mistake. I originally gave this a 6/10. What a mistake. I apologise to all concerned.
    Engaging central characters, and a flawlessly constructed world make this a thrilling game to play.
    What lets it down slightly is the less than exciting special skills, the fact that you can only carry 2 guns at a time, and the 2 dimensional NPC'S. The storyline also teeters on the edge of falling into philosophical babble, but all this is small detail and in no way detracts from the overall scope and vision of this game.
    Having played through this title twice now, It gave me the same thrill as playing the original Bioshock, but by the end Bioshock infinite comes out on top.
    Really this is an 8.5/10 game
  69. Apr 7, 2013
    As it always happens with this franchise, the new bioshock title is a must have. The story is intelligent and full of impresive twists, the graphics are great and the flawless music is probably going to recieve a lot of awards. I won't give it a 10 however, because of its reduced duration, and because, while fantastic, it's not as brilliant as the first one.
  70. Aug 2, 2013
    Miałem ogromne zmartwienia co do kontynuacji epickiego Bioshocka. Przeniesienie akcji z klimatycznego, podwodnego Rapture do podniebnej radosnej Columbii, nie wróżyło sukcesem. Na szczęście, pozytywnie się zaskoczyłem. Przepiękna grafika, świetny model strzelania, plazmidy które zostały teraz zamienione na wigory. Szyny, wyrwy, twórcy nadali nowemu Bioshockowi całkowicie inny klimat niżMiałem ogromne zmartwienia co do kontynuacji epickiego Bioshocka. Przeniesienie akcji z klimatycznego, podwodnego Rapture do podniebnej radosnej Columbii, nie wróżyło sukcesem. Na szczęście, pozytywnie się zaskoczyłem. Przepiękna grafika, świetny model strzelania, plazmidy które zostały teraz zamienione na wigory. Szyny, wyrwy, twórcy nadali nowemu Bioshockowi całkowicie inny klimat niż staremu, jednak tej klimat wydaje się być tak samo dobry, nawet nie będąc mroczny. Do tego dochodzi Elizabeth, postać która napędza tą grę, jej pomoc przy walce, jej charakter. Można zakochać się w niej jak w Larze. No i fabuła, muszę przyznać bardziej zaskakującego zakończenie nie widziałem od...od...tak, takiego zakończenia jeszcze nigdy nie widziałem. Całkowicie pobiło ono zakończenie Assassin's Creeda 2 i ostatnio ukazanego Walking Dead'a. Gra co prawda nie jest idealna. Pojawiają się mniejsze bugi, graficznie mogła by wyglądać odrobinę lepiej, i parę elementów można by było zrobić lepiej(np. rozwałkę pod koniec gry).Dla mnie na razie FPS roku jak i kandydat na grę roku. Moja ocena 9/10 Expand
  71. Mar 30, 2013
    An extremely captivating gaming experience. The gameplay is good, the story is wonderfully told and the world is worth the purchase alone. In a market saturated by "HOORA AMERICA"shooters (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Homefront, Medal of Honor), it's refreshing to see a game tear American Exceptionalism apart. While the gameplay is pretty solid, the real stars are the story and the world.An extremely captivating gaming experience. The gameplay is good, the story is wonderfully told and the world is worth the purchase alone. In a market saturated by "HOORA AMERICA"shooters (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Homefront, Medal of Honor), it's refreshing to see a game tear American Exceptionalism apart. While the gameplay is pretty solid, the real stars are the story and the world. The developers took a lot of big risks in this game, with a lot of decisions that could have easily backfired and ruined the whole experience. The fact that everything works so well together is remarkable in its own right. I think calling it "The greatest game of all time" like some other reviewers are is kind of a stretch, but certainly I don't think anything else coming out this year will even approach the quality of Bioshock Infinite. If you liked the first Bioshock, you probably already have this game, but if you don't you owe it to yourself to get this. If you felt that the gameplay was dull in the original Bioshock or that that lack of subtlety in dealing with broader philosophical and political concepts was problematic, you're going to find the same issues here. However, I absolutely loved the experience. Expand
  72. Mar 27, 2013
    I just finishend is and. Maybe one of the endings in video game history. Both gameplay and story wise. Even if some things doesnt make sense yet. Guess that's what drives a good story if people can speculate about it. Gameplay was amazing, best shooter in years. No cover mechanic or health regen. Just bare gameplay. "Plasmids" aka Vigors where somewhat unecessary but that doesnt changeI just finishend is and. Maybe one of the endings in video game history. Both gameplay and story wise. Even if some things doesnt make sense yet. Guess that's what drives a good story if people can speculate about it. Gameplay was amazing, best shooter in years. No cover mechanic or health regen. Just bare gameplay. "Plasmids" aka Vigors where somewhat unecessary but that doesnt change the fact that this is one of the best games i ever played in my life. Expand
  73. Aug 8, 2014
    This game is amazing. The the graphic is very good. The storyline is good. The gameplay is very good with fps, vigor, and unique gun. You must try this game.
  74. Mar 13, 2014
    Is this game as good as what people say it is? Yes of course. The game oozes both theme, style and beauty paired with a suspenseful story with a juicy ending. Gameplay is fun, though not everyone's cup of tea, it is still versatile and fun. Though the story does lack a rather slow sluggish start, when it picks up pace, you will fall in love with this game. A must play.
  75. Mar 16, 2015
    Kill all the racists!

Pros: The gameplay represents what First Person Shooters are all about, fast paced action with all sorts of crazy abilities and weapons. Infinite gets this perfectly in addition with decent control. The graphics, while not totally realistic, look fantastic. The lighting is some of the best lighting in all of video games and the art is mesmerizing to look at
    Kill all the racists!

Pros:
    The graphics, while not totally realistic, look fantastic. The lighting is some of the best lighting in all of video games and the art is mesmerizing to look at around every corner.
    The story that is told in Infinite is incredible. While the plot itself is fairly simple: "Bring us the girl, wipe away the debt", its the interactions and the facial animations that bring the game to life. The voice acting is also very believable and really invested me in the game.
    There are a few themes that are covered in this game, for example, racism and religion. I felt like these were covered quite well. In fact, because of a racist part in the beginning, my other personal objective was to kill EVERYONE as I believed them all to be racist.

BioShock Infinite is one of the best games I have ever played and was definitely my Game of the Year in 2013. It was also the first game I played that I applauded. :D

76. Aug 20, 2014
    Though not as gritty as the previous two installments, Bioshock Infinate still boasts a brilliant cohesive storyline with well drawn-out characters and a setting that is visually impressive. The graphics are great, the voice acting is great, the ending is convoluted and confusing but its the score that helped me get through the game. The score is none-short of amazing.

Overall the game

Overall the game isn't as good as the previous two but it's still a fantastic game with vast improvements and a great AI system where the AI actually help you out and not get in the way of thing.
  77. Jan 26, 2014
    Back in the year 2007, the company Irrational Games released BioShock, which was a fantastic first person shooter that brought new things to the table that brought a more unique flare to the tried and true FPS genre. This game had an amazing storyline, superpowers that change the way the game can be played, and beautiful graphics. The game was fantastic, and critically acclaimed byBack in the year 2007, the company Irrational Games released BioShock, which was a fantastic first person shooter that brought new things to the table that brought a more unique flare to the tried and true FPS genre. This game had an amazing storyline, superpowers that change the way the game can be played, and beautiful graphics. The game was fantastic, and critically acclaimed by critics and FPS fans alike. Then in 2010, a sequel called BioShock 2 was released. This game was not made by the same developer. Despite this however, the game was considered great, but not as good as its predecessor. Now the series is back with BioShock Infinite, a game with a different setting from the first two games, but is still made by the developer of the first game. So, does this game live up to the legacy of its predecessors, or should the developers have just stuck with the original setting? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is very similar to its predecessors. It is a first person shooter with many weapons for you to mess around with. This game has all of the weapons that an FPS fan could ask for. It has machine guns, shotguns, pistols, and even grenade launchers. This may sound like your generic FPS at first, but this game also has something that changes the gameplay quite a bit. You also have these amazing superpowers called vigors. Vigors give your character special powers such as the ability to throw fire into your enemy's faces, zapping them with lightning, and even murdering them with a horde of crows. Overall, this game's gameplay is not much different from it's predecessors at all, except that it seems to appeal more to the modern FPS fan then a classic one. After all, this time you can only have two weapons at a time, and you can only wield two vigors at a time. However, this isn't much of a problem considering that it is still fun to play despite this restriction. The gameplay of this game is quite fantastic overall. The graphics of this game have got to be the most beautiful I have ever seen in any video game. I'm not kidding. This game's graphics are just so beautiful it is crazy. Everything is rich with detail, along with being bright and colorful. The setting is probably the most beautiful part however. It is a city in the clouds that is filled with posters, billboards and the like talking about how amazing the place is. The people in the game are realistic looking, the clouds in the sky are a nice touch, and I could go on and on. This game is about as beautiful as a modern FPS can get. As for the story, it is quite possibly the best story that I have ever heard in my life. That is not a joke. This story is so amazing it is ridiculous. It starts with you, the main character Booker DeWitt, who is threatened with death if he doesn't complete his mission. His mission is to "Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt,". This girl is Elizabeth, who you will meet later in the game, who will be your sidekick later on. Along the way, you get caught up in a conflict with the game's main villain, Zachary Hale Comstock who created the city of Columbia, which is where the game takes place. The story is told like a classic animated Disney movie, and is filled with themes such as racism and religion. The story is handled quite fantastically, and is told very well.
    Overall, this game definitely lives up to the legacy of its predecessors. It is a game that absolutely everyone needs to play. It is one of the best games I have ever played in my life. My only real problem with it is that it is too much like a modern shooter, where the other games in the franchise were more like a classic FPS.
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  78. Apr 23, 2013
    I remeber buying a game several years ago called "Bioshock". It seemingly popped up out if nowhere and was very well recieved at the time. I enjoyed the experience, since it was a creepy, dark, atmospheric game, which many fans consider to be a modern masterpiece.

"Bioshock Infinite" isn't your average Bioshock gams. No wrenches, Big Daddys or Little Sisters. You're sent to the floating city of Columbia to find a girl, Elizabeth. That's all I'll say, to avoid the spoiler police.
    Completing the game was an immersive and fun experience. The city was absolutley beautiful, the action was intense, and the plot was simply addictive. The developers at Irrational have reinvented Bioshock from the ground up. And what came out was one of the best experiences playing games in a long time.

79. Mar 26, 2013
    I got this, along with Bioshock (previously owned, never completed), Bioshock 2 and apparently a code for xcom enemy unknow aswell, for 45$, needless to say I have gotten more than full value for the money here. Having been sucked into Infinite's universe (having been mesmerized for up to 7 hours), I can say that I will finally finish 1 and start playing number 2 aswell, as soon as I haveI got this, along with Bioshock (previously owned, never completed), Bioshock 2 and apparently a code for xcom enemy unknow aswell, for 45$, needless to say I have gotten more than full value for the money here. Having been sucked into Infinite's universe (having been mesmerized for up to 7 hours), I can say that I will finally finish 1 and start playing number 2 aswell, as soon as I have played infinite, once or twice, or thrice. This game is so good it beggars belief, just get it. The only thing I can point fingers at is the texture work, it could use a loving hand to be honest. Other than that, the atmosphere, the sound score, the gun play, the vigor play, the connection gameplay wise with Elizabeth, the story, the aesthetics and graphics (other than texture work) are all top of the line.

Until now I thought Tomb Raider would run with the game of the year title, it is a contender, but I have a slight feeling that this will run with it. It is definitely the better game in my book, although it is most definitely worth it to own both! And you should, own both.
  80. Xon
    Jul 19, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite manages to carefully juggle amazing action, immersive atmosphere and great story-telling.

The gameplay is fluid during intense battles presented with beautiful and crisp graphics. Great care was taken to construct a riveting story that surprisingly dovetails with the first two installments.

It is definitely a game worth your time and thoroughly enjoyable.
  81. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is easily one of the best shooters I’ve played in the last few years. Level design is superb, and Irrational Game’s attentiontion to detail cannot be overstated. I enjoyed the original Bioshock, but this game had a more profound effect on me because recent shooters rarely deviate from Activision’s billion-dollar-making COD formula. And when developers are bold enough toBioshock Infinite is easily one of the best shooters I’ve played in the last few years. Level design is superb, and Irrational Game’s attentiontion to detail cannot be overstated. I enjoyed the original Bioshock, but this game had a more profound effect on me because recent shooters rarely deviate from Activision’s billion-dollar-making COD formula. And when developers are bold enough to trend a separate path, they hurt their titles’ chances of survival. Not Bioshock Infinite. It is deliciously crafted for the many gamers who still crave titles with depth. I ran the game on Ultra settings connected to an LED television and performance was superb. I enabled frame lock and experienced smooth performance throughout the game. Some reviewers stated that textures are poor on closely viewed objects, but that’s nitpicking. When given the options between playing a game with smooth performance or beast graphics, I generally lean towards performance. What is surprising about this game is that players get healthy dosages of both. The game looks fantastic. The developers meticulously focused on the color palette and lighting to dictate the moods of whatever environments you’re exploring. The most successful aspect of Infinite is ambiance. You move from sunny skies to dark, dreary corridors. The music really fits the environments and enhances the empty, eerie feeling of certain areas. Some parts of the score feel reminiscent of the 2005 shooter FEAR, which adds to the creepiness. The story is good, but a bit ambitious. It’s one people with either love or hate—there is no middle ground. The writers take on the hefty issues of religion, theocracy, and racism (to name a few). But they throw these issues in gamers’ faces with such force that some people will be offended, and rightly so. While exploring the world of Columbia, what truths are we to take away? Unfortunately, some gamers won’t invest the time to sift thru these issues. When shifting between different realities, the world doesn’t change all that much. In fact, it pretty much stays the same. This lack of change really disconnects you from what’s really happening and dampens your urgency to respond. Given all the time the developers put into this game, the lazy transitioning seems inexplicable. The girl you rescue is an enigma with such immense power that it’s wholly preposterous at times. Is she gifted or an X-man? Although we get some closure, we can only speculate where her power originates. The story behind the main protagonist is less hazy, but certain plot aspects are just too convenient. The pre-release hype really touted the game’s combat and skylines. Although fun, the mechanics haven’t changed all that much from the first Bioshock. The combat is merely an evolution from previous titles, but still enjoyable. If it’s not broke, why fix it? Fortunately the skylines are only a gratuitous element for battle. My annoyance came from the inability to hold additional health and ammo. If there aren’t any nearby, you must wait for your sidekick to throw supplies. This can take minutes or a few seconds, and if you need both ammo and health, it’s a guess which one she’ll actually toss you. But all this means is you must be more careful, and you can quickly get away via the skylines as your shields recharge. On medium difficulty there are tons of items lying around, so just grab things yourself and let your sidekick hide in the corner. Enemies are repetitive. What’s worse are the sparse and quick battles. Very disappointing. You’ll spend most of your time foraging. Oddly, I found the exploration strangely addictive. The beautiful world really draws you in. But by the end of the game it gets repetitive and verges on tedium. NPC’s generally ignore you as you steal from their cash registers while holding loaded weapons. Mini games are gone, so no more hacking. They’re cliché, and honestly I don’t miss them. As the game progresses, you get a sense of loneliness—emptiness. Perhaps an upside from a relatively combat-less game. At times, the ambiance truly enhances this loneliness despite being in a floating city filled with thousands of citizens. The question remains: Why couldn’t the developers deliver BOTH action and exploration? I couldn’t help the feeling I’ve played Infinite before. That’s because artistically it’s akin to Dishonored. Perhaps too much so. Dishonored offers better combat and gives players more choices. Infinite is streamlined even if the story is grandiose, and the choices you make in Infinite don’t matter in the end. If you loved the city of Dunwall, you should love Columbia just the same. My final verdict: Bioshock Infinite is a must own. Buy it for PC if you have one that can push it. Replay value is moderate even if the game's combat disappoints. Overall, Bioshock Infinite is an unevenly paced game. But it's a beautifully polished and thoughtful enough game to make it worth the wait. Expand
  82. Apr 27, 2014
    BioShock Infinite is hands-down the best story-driven singleplayer game ever developed in the video game industry. It is also the only game i've seen so far that really pushes all the way out to display the beauty of the ageing Unreal Engine 3. Perfect combination of an ambient and atmospheric environment. Something that i'd also like to point out is the voice acting! Superb, superb voiceBioShock Infinite is hands-down the best story-driven singleplayer game ever developed in the video game industry. It is also the only game i've seen so far that really pushes all the way out to display the beauty of the ageing Unreal Engine 3. Perfect combination of an ambient and atmospheric environment. Something that i'd also like to point out is the voice acting! Superb, superb voice acting.

The storyline really very intriguing and tastes really good (slurp..), definitely one that i would remember forever.

A negative point of the game is it's highly controversial approach to the storyline, with much racism and skepticism that is somewhat off-the-charts ( at least to me personally). Plus the confusing & abrupt ending.

Overall, i did enjoyed the game a lot, 9/10. A real must-get.
  83. Apr 22, 2013
    Pretty good story, though I want to know more about Elizabeth. I feel like her past is still empty. I agree she is one of the best companions in a game thus far. Her mannerisms and personality make her instantly likeable and you appreciate her company through the entire game. Stunning visuals, great sound, animation is top notch! Combat gets very repetitive and weapons become a chore.Pretty good story, though I want to know more about Elizabeth. I feel like her past is still empty. I agree she is one of the best companions in a game thus far. Her mannerisms and personality make her instantly likeable and you appreciate her company through the entire game. Stunning visuals, great sound, animation is top notch! Combat gets very repetitive and weapons become a chore. Highly recommend, as this game is brilliant. Expand
  84. Apr 1, 2013
    I've read a lot of reviews on here, some 10's and some 0's. I'd like to put the record straight.
    Firstly the graphics. Columbia looks good, but not 2013 good. The graphics are ok but they feel a 3 or 4 years old. The FOV can be ramped up but up close the Unreal Engine looks poor. The enemies are bland and repetitive and Elizabeth's character is very plain. The sound is top notch with some classic early 20th century music thrown in for atmosphere.
    The story is neither here nor there. You can take it or leave it. Personally it left me with a bit of a headache. The gameplay is very good though. I had some of the most memorable firefights I've ever had in single player gaming and I enjoyed being able to have Elizabeth to bring in some cover or a bit of help.
    One question, why did they stretch the game out by making me backtrack through a whole area?? This spoilt it!! I gave up collecting everthing and looking for everything after the first couple of hours.
    I loved the start and the end but halfway through I stopped playing for 2 days and loaded Crysis 3 up again. When I got back it was worth it but you just feel cheated at times. It's as though the developers ran out of ideas and decided to pad the game out.
    Don't get me wrong I enjoyed playing Bioshock Infinite but it's nowhere near a GOTY and not a 10 out of 10. If I had paid £30 for this I would have been a bit upset but I paid £35 for this and Crysis 3 together so no hard feelings 2k. In short, good game to play over Easter but if it was an Xbox game, I'd be trading it in when finished. Wait for this to drop in price, it's worth £19.99.
  85. Sep 30, 2013
    Damn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything elseDamn. How does Levine do it? How does he come up with these amazing stories and brilliant gameplay? Isn't it enough to have the System Shock and Bioshock games be the epitome of gaming? Well, he can have all the accolades he gets he deserves them all. Bioshock Infinite is the best game of 2013. It is a step ahead of all the other FPS games this year and stands tall above anything else I've played this year in terms of story. Fusing a strong game mechanic and an intricate narrative, BI creates an absolutely vivid and realistic gamine experience. The idea of the city in the sky alone is worth praise. So we have an incredible environment that designed so beautifully and authentically. We have a story that has twists, clever and emotional dialogue, strong narrative and has excellent pacing from start to finish. The game engine is as good as it ever was from the original Bioshock games and plays even better here. The music score is brilliant as usual from franchise composer Schyman as well as the cover songs. The foley, environmental and sound FX are excellent. There are really no faults to be found here. Well... not completely. For whatever reason the Bioshock franchise has had issues with graphics for smaller items at close range. I played this at full settings on DX11+PhysX and the rounded items still look clunky. I'm not sure why this is but it's just a small, visual annoyance. There were also several invisible walls and ceilings here and there that were frustrating. At times there were sticky spots like invisible items on the ground that stopped me as well as some corners that stuck out. Lastly, the Vigor (Plasmid in previous Bioshock games) keys aren't as accessible as they should be. Instead of hotkeys for each Vigor there is a wheel to choose and then a separate key to execute. Since Vigors can be combined it's a bit of a nuisance to have to switch back and forth, especially in tense scenarios. Given all those drawbacks Bioshock Infinite is a milestone in gaming. There is no other game with such fun and excitement blended with an elaborate and wildly imaginative storyline. One last thing: The rails. The wonderful rails. So much fun zipping around in fire fights. I'll never forget how awesome it was! Expand
  86. Mar 26, 2013
    If it was possible to give a game an 11/10 then this would be it. Unlike Bioshock 2 this game is extremely original. It's also made by the same team who made the original Bioshock (aka highest rated FPS of all time). The game is polished, emotional, engaging and just breath taking. Just walking around the environments feels nice. Not only is this game of the year material, but it's alsoIf it was possible to give a game an 11/10 then this would be it. Unlike Bioshock 2 this game is extremely original. It's also made by the same team who made the original Bioshock (aka highest rated FPS of all time). The game is polished, emotional, engaging and just breath taking. Just walking around the environments feels nice. Not only is this game of the year material, but it's also literally the best video game I've played in the past 5 years. Expand
  87. May 11, 2014
    This is the first game of the series I have played, and afterwards I feel ashamed I have not played any of them before.
    The game is purely beautiful; the amount of little snippets put into each scene and every little detail is absolutely superb, being supported by its incredible graphics that really show off the creativity of the developers. Not one location seemed insignificant – each had its own unique atmosphere – which could not have been improved upon.
    The story is one of the most complex stories I have ever experienced in a game – probably not helping that I had not played either of the previous games – but the sheer scale of the story is its strongest point. There are so many twists and turns throughout the game, all of which still link together and make sense, which often makes you become awe-dropped. A story so complex as this certainly lets me know that the developers truly loved creating it, as its depth and delivery holds up persistently in the game. However, it is a difficult story to figure out – I had to do some external research after completing the game in order to understand it fully – but it is a puzzle I enjoyed learning about.
    Its gameplay becomes marginally repetitive, but with the customization through gear, infusions, vigors and the broad range of weaponry, it holds up very well to ensure players use different tactics for each encounter. Additionally, the animations occasionally clash with the surroundings, but thankfully that is only a rare fault.
    Concluding, ‘Bioshock Infinite’ is a masterpiece of fantasy, a game that truly delivers in story and graphics, making the game an infinite classic.
  88. Dec 25, 2013
    Among the top tier of games. The visuals are the best i've seen in years. Beautiful art direction. The story is one of the most intriguing i've played in a long time, although it was sometimes a challenge to follow. Sound is superb, as is the animation.

However, my only gripe is several gameplay problems. One boss in particular was very poorly designed *SLIGHT SPOILER* (the ghost boss). Fighting it truly was a chore and not fun in the slightest, and multiple instances of the same fight seemed completely unnecessary. Surely they could have traded that idea for another enemy in the game...

Regardless, gameplay was fun, but got stale between plot points quicker than it should have. Setting that aside, this is truly a masterpiece and one of the best of this generation. I have a hard time deciding which Bioshock (first or Infinite) I thought was truly better.
  89. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I almost wanted to give this game an 8, but then I remembered that I had so much fun playing it that I wanted to play it again right away! The thing about this game is that I loved it for the gameplay and characters, but it falls short in a big way for me personally. This was a fun game, but the story is somewhat flawed. Now I'll say right now, and admit right now, that in a game like this there are automatically going to be things that you have to take as is. In a fantasy/sci fi/surreal game or whatever you can call this insane game, you have to accept that there are things that there are no explanation for. Which is fine because there's no reason to spend hours explaining how the skyhooks actually work, and how you can jump from a skyline 50 meters onto the ground and take not a lick of damage. It's pointless, as Shakespeare said, "Brevity is the soul of wit", the game doesn't need to explain little things like this because it detracts from the story. But the problem is that character reactions are often... I would say confusing. >spoilers< First of all when you find Elizabeth and break her out, after she sees that she's been watched, she starts asking "What am I!?" First of all, Elizabeth is probably the best thing about the game, but the dialogue in the first part of the game is actually kind of silly. Why would she ask "what am I?" You find out almost instantly that she spent all of her time trapped in the tower reading books, that's how she knows how to lockpick, read geographical coordinates, and that crap. Yet even with all that reading she doesn't find it weird that she can open doors to other dimensions? Nothing even hinted to her that this wasn't normal? I was actually kind of surprised personally that she didn't catch on. There's a lot to be asked about her in general. Basically we are told songbird took care of her while she was in the tower, but that leads me to wonder why she can even talk or read in the first place. She acts like a refined citizen, even more strangely speaking like she's from the year 2000 (as if that is a humans default speaking tone), no old style accent or cadence like booker. The problem here is twofold; she is a fully grown, well groomed female with exceptional vocal skills yet she acts like she has no idea about things outside the tower. She seems to have a comprehensive knowledge of columbia sometimes, and other times not at all. Examples like not knowing what cotton candy are, or why there are two different bathrooms for racial types seem like pretty weird things. Especially the bathroom thing, racial separation is a pretty big thing in columbia. Beyond the strange behavior of the characters which often raises more questions than anything, the fact is Elizabeth is the most impressive AI character to ever follow you around in a first person shooter. Her facial expressions reflect the mood of the level, when you stand around she'll often go lean on something or look at an object on the ground. She will be shocked when you mutilate someone with the skyhook, on top of all of this she's about as strong as she looks aka not very. It's nice to see a female character in a video game that isn't the typical "feminist opinionated butch chick". Elizabeth is probably the most impressive part of this game besides some of the visuals that have been put together. Lastly the story. The story is a little more jumbled than the first bioshock, it still seems to make sense at first, but the later half of the game starts to get a little bit well, stupid. The closer the game seems to get to the core of all the WHY questions that have been put in your head the less it seems it's going to reveal them. The writing is the typical bioshock style. By which I mean psuedo intellectual philosophical crap. It's all the same as the first bioshock, a lot of stuff that sounds cool, but in the end could mean a million different things to different people, and ultimately fails to deliver a message that results in a conclusion. By the end of the game you wonder why you should even do anything because the longer the game goes on the more Elizabeth seems to know but can't explain to you. Eventually I felt like I was just following her around hoping for the best. In the end that's really how the game ends. With you following Elizabeth around, hoping for an answer to why and how any of what happened happened. But it doesn't quite get there. Even with all of that crap in the story though, the ending is definitely not bad and the story is definitely not boring. Albeit silly and often cryptically pointless. In conclusion great game, ambiguous but interesting story, and fantastic character personality. Expand
  90. Mar 29, 2013
    If you don't bother to pay attention to the story, or search for voxaphones for extra details you will have trouble understanding the story. The game world is one of the best I have been in and most definitely rivals Rapture.

The antagonists of this game for me personally aren't as like-able as Andrew Ryan was for example but I believe that is because I could agree with some of Andrew Ryan's opinions.
    None the less the characters are very interesting and are fleshed out with plenty of history.

The gameplay is fluid and fun, I'm not sure how I feel about only 2 weapons at a time but this never detracted from my enjoyment. There are less powers then in Bioshock with only 8 in the game but they are balanced so that they all feel different and can work in harmony, using more then one power at a time to dispatch groups of enemies.

The sky-rail is fun to use and can help to get out of a pinch with easy controls, though to mention people who are prone motion sickness should be cautious because the sky-lines feel very similar to a roller coaster.
    The controls themselves are very nice for mouse and keyboard, with a rebind-able keys and the option to turn off mouse acceleration.
    There is no map and the levels can get very big so getting lost can happen, this is where the navigation system comes in. Press N and an arrow will point the way which will help when you go exploring.

I want to get invested into the game and story, if you want to feel something for the characters the game allows for that. I wants that but if you just want to play another fps and kill some people, it allows for that as well. Though remember if you chose the latter, don't criticise the story because it will only make you look silly because this game has a great story and won't disappoint.
  91. Jul 16, 2013
    Dark and complex, this one blows away the first two bioshock games in my opinion. The plot of the game is very complex, you have to pay attention to every little details in order to understand the game. I'm sure some people dislike this game for its complexity. The graphics in this game are..AMAZING!! I play this on the pc and just WOW!!! The streets, buildings, and environments....justDark and complex, this one blows away the first two bioshock games in my opinion. The plot of the game is very complex, you have to pay attention to every little details in order to understand the game. I'm sure some people dislike this game for its complexity. The graphics in this game are..AMAZING!! I play this on the pc and just WOW!!! The streets, buildings, and environments....just beautiful. I love the gameplay in this one, bit similar to the first two games but faster pace. Intense gameplay, great music, dark and complex story. I give this game 10/10. P.S: Wish the campaign was longer..but oh well. Expand
  92. Aug 28, 2014
    This game blew me away. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. The gameplay is great the story is excellent, pretty much everything about this game is excellent. I highly recommend getting this at full price and its a must own when a sale comes.
  93. Mar 26, 2013
    Absolutely stunning piece of artwork, it shows that single player games are in fact alive and well. Irrational has yet to make a bad game in my opinion.
  94. Jun 17, 2013
    A visually beautiful game. Not really in terms of cutting edge graphics or zillion polygon character models, but in the conception and execution of a floating city. If I were just rating this game on the ambiance would easily earn an 11 out of 10. The gameplay is solid, but brings nothing new to the genre. Perhaps FPS has reached maturity. The replacement of save slots and quicksaves withA visually beautiful game. Not really in terms of cutting edge graphics or zillion polygon character models, but in the conception and execution of a floating city. If I were just rating this game on the ambiance would easily earn an 11 out of 10. The gameplay is solid, but brings nothing new to the genre. Perhaps FPS has reached maturity. The replacement of save slots and quicksaves with autosaves is a bit irritating, but not so much it'd turn you off of the game. My major issue with the game is that it's a bit long-winded, and this was only an issue for me because the plot was unsatisfying. I'm not just trying to say I didn't like the ending, I'm saying it doesn't make sense and because of that left me unfulfilled. Early on some plot devices are revealed that throw up red flags. The same brand of flags JJ Abrams uses so liberally in his narratives. If you can enjoy Lost or Alias, you'll probably be blown away by this game. Expand
  95. Sep 14, 2013
    Best Bioshock ever It beats up its previous sequels in all aspects mainly the graphics. The storyline was a whole bunch of wonders to explore. It was totally a new mesmerizing experience. The magic, weapons, were all amazing. The way we interact with Elizabeth was mind blowing. Great game!!! Best graphicssss!!!! Best gameeplay and everything!!!
  96. Mar 26, 2013
    Absolutly outstanding game, this is a new benchmark for game developers to strive for... have no hesitation if you are considering wether or not to buy this game... this is pure art expressed masterfully
  97. Jul 25, 2013
    This game was made with such an addiction to perfeccionizm that you will feel it trough the whole game. Stunning story, great art style, perfect combat with mutliple Vigors and guns. One of the best side characters in game ever. Its true, its not such a blow to your face as Bioshock 1 was but its still a must have title. One of the best games in history.
  98. Apr 3, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played.. Amazing Story great graphics and beautiful characters... The intro of the game is one of the best intros I have ever seen and the moment you see Columbia for the first time you just can't resist staring at it... The characters are all amazing espesially Booker DeWitt with his dark past revealing itself throughout the game.. The graphics areOne of the best games I've ever played.. Amazing Story great graphics and beautiful characters... The intro of the game is one of the best intros I have ever seen and the moment you see Columbia for the first time you just can't resist staring at it... The characters are all amazing espesially Booker DeWitt with his dark past revealing itself throughout the game.. The graphics are absolutely beautiful with bright colours and amazing facial expressions... Finally something new to the FPS gender.. Expand
  99. Jun 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock Infinite is like a party which seems great at the time that the hard partying is taking place, but once the clock strikes midnight and you get back home you wonder why you were enjoying yourself so much. The gunplay is very satisfying as the weapons ping and pang on all fronts. Coupled with the vigors this makes for a brutal and adrenaline fuelled murderous bonanza. Graphics are wonderful, as is the voice acting (esp. the guy playing Booker.) The AI of the enemies is good and Elizabeth is a technological marvel as she never gets in your way and responds rapidly to the situation at hand.

The plot (whilst being lauded by most of the population) is really contrived and didn't do it for me. If you want to get bent in the mind (tastefully) then go read Asimov or Bradbury. There were signs along the way that seemed to point to where it was heading... When you did eventually get there it wasn't particularly satisfying or eye-opening.
    ---
    SPOILER
    To sum up the plot in one sentence It is what is(n't).

That's all.
    ---

As a gaming experience Infinite is masterfully executed and heaps of fun but I wish it didn't take it's own stupid plot so damn seriously. There is little replay value but you will find yourself being drawn in that crucial first time around.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]