BioShock Infinite PC

8.5

1. Apr 4, 2013
    This game is absolutley stellar. The graphics are fantastic(they are not photorealistic, they are highly stylized). The gameplay is spot on. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things. Lots of action. If you like bioshock, heck if you love video games get this! The only thing I would say that is apparant in some negative reviews is that if you are a HARDCOREThis game is absolutley stellar. The graphics are fantastic(they are not photorealistic, they are highly stylized). The gameplay is spot on. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things. Lots of action. If you like bioshock, heck if you love video games get this! The only thing I would say that is apparant in some negative reviews is that if you are a HARDCORE shooter fan that only enjoys photorealistic graphics and games that are similar to call of duty then this may not be for you. It isnt the most serious shooter in the world. But if you play things other than call of duty then get this! you wont be dissapointed. Looks amazing on a good gaming pc! Easily one of the best games of 2013! Expand
  2. Mar 26, 2013
    The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles. Kudos
  3. Apr 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gameplay will never change. There is this mass illusion in the game industry that each game has mechanics slightly more polished than its predecessors. While you can tweak it a bit, the shooter formula has reached its apex, and while Bioshock Infinite does improve superficially on both the vigors and the guns, especially in the latter category (gunfire and recoil more realistic), it's really what it doesn't do that the game needed more of. Some have complained about the lack of RPG elements (with the exception of gun and vigor upgrades), such as inventory or map screen. I found this to be a huge improvement. There is no menu interaction to slow the pacing and you're always on the move. I thought the tone of the game world would have felt more immersive with the lack of a HUD, much like the first gameplay demo Irrational Games released several years ago. But all of the above are personal opinions and design choices. What left a sour taste in my mouth wasn't anything you can experience in the game itself. No, you could only experience this bittersweet regret if you had watched, in eager anticipation, all of Ken Levine's interviews, only to realize you had just witnessed the biggest cop out in gaming history.

Expectation #1: An actual floating city, complete with physics.

After the first demo that was released (which is never shown in the game), we see one of the massive, orange balloons tethered to the corner of a belltower deflate suddenly and the massive structure starts to pivot towards the ground, the bell flying loose from its moorings only to come grinding to a stop inches away from your feet, the cobblestones buckling under its weight and shooting off in every direction. Later, Ken Levine commented on the instablity of the city, how the tech team had made it pulse with life, and hinted that you'd be able to topple the city around you. This fell short on both accounts, the only undulating architecture in the game appearing during the first half, and after you're solidly captivated by the world, these stellar sights give way to more mundane gameplay (street shootouts and interior combat). It never feels like their main selling point is really taken to its full potential.

Expectation #2: Watch the city tear itself apart (pre-Rapture)

This is the big one. I want to be as harsh as possible when I say that this was a blatant lie. We were supposedly going to 'watch the city fall apart before us'. We were told that there would be moments where you would have to interact with citizens on the street, such as pointing a gun at a potential mugger to send him scrambling, or intervening in a local execution (both of which are shown in the same demo). There are maybe three moments in the entire game where you feel this sort of weight behind your actions, and they are as superfluous as they are dull. You can't change the overall outcome of anything, although watching the colorful, Independence Day style utopia burn slowly is captivating in its own way. I would have preferred a little more interaction, hence replayability.

Expectation #3: A decent resolution.

This one is debatable. And the main reason for the spoilers tag. Let's get the big one out of the way, the resolutions to each storyline. Both Daisy Fitzroy and Jeremiah Fink are shadowbox characters that bleed out of the story as quickly as they pop in. Slate is one of the more interesting characters but doesn't feel fully fleshed out. Don't get me started on Comstock. Let's face it, time travel was both the protagonist and antagonist here. It solves everything (most levels are going back and forth through the area in different time periods), and also helps ease along the ruthlessly shoehorned ending. But despite all of this, the ending was emotional and relatively significant enough to make it feel as if it 'belonged'. It was the gamer in me that made me want to slap Ken Levine. Songbird becomes your best bud and then you get to watch him drown in two seconds. Apparently the Bioshock story will never change because even with its fairly restricted narrative parameters, it's the doorway to infinite worlds just like it with new coats of paint (so we can expect this disappointment forever). Oh, and my personal favorite: The final boss is three waves of the easiest enemies in the game. No Handyman. No Songbird. Fail.

But aside from all the things they promised and didn't deliver, this is a bittersweet shooter, with some amazingly satisfying gameplay regarding the vigors and gunplay, but some equally frustrating inconsistencies in the pacing and storyline. Oh, and this game tries desperately to emulate Disney (and doesn't do a bad job), but it's so obvious in parts it's almost painful, especially if you're like me and find the overall 'girl in a tower' concept a little overused and cheesy.

Still, if you're a fan of shooters or Bioshock in general, you owe it to yourself to see how far the series has come.
  4. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. You can tell that there was an enormous amount of thought put into every detail, down to the very last corner. Bioshock Infinite is my favorite game to date, no question about it.

To start, the art direction is very good. Everything is arranged to be very appealing, and the colors are very balanced. I loved just walking around the city and soaking it all up. There are 1912 style shops to go into, and they are all populated. In one area, there is even a good, three-minute quartet that you can just sit and listen to. I was very impressed with the magnitude of everything. Seldom are you placed in a small, dark room or hallway. Most of the game is set in colorful areas with large statues and airy buildings.

I liked that it didn't actually put you in the dark, but gave a dark feeling when it was appropriate. As per the Bioshock games, some of the events are quite dark-- and I liked the uneasy feeling without the dark corridors of Rapture.

Combat is a step up from other games in the genre. The introduction of "skylines" allows you to jump quickly from place to place, making everything very fast paced. I didn't quite like the inventory management as much as in the original Bioshock, however. I found it much harder to deal with my Vigors, mainly because you couldn't just scroll through them like in the other game. Still, you get used to it-- that's a fairly minor gripe.

I can't really say much about the story. If I told you what was so great about it, I'd spoil it for you. I can say that it puzzled me, and it was a few hours after finishing the game that I worked everything out. I felt like some of the points were repeated too much though. I get that they try to help everyone understand it well, but I'd rather just have it all thrown at me-- that way it's more fun to work out on my own.

Overall, Irrational Games has gone above and beyond what anyone expected. The only way you'd find this game worse than the original is if you're somewhat nostalgic. Even if you didn't like the first or second game, I really suggest that you still give Bioshock Infinite a try. As a side note, there are a few things that you won't quite understand if you skip the first game. They are little details, but in a game like Bioshock Infinite, it's those little details that really count.

This game is worth every cent. If you can't afford it, you can get it off the grey market for an earbud or so (about $35).
  5. Mar 27, 2013
    An absolutely beautiful game. The graphics are stunning, and the overall mood of the game is fantastic. Also the music changes dynamicly if your in battle, and it makes the battles very intense. The levels are full of secrets, locked doors and collectibles. The world is very beautiful. I often find myself just exploring the world outside of where I'm supposed to go, because it's soAn absolutely beautiful game. The graphics are stunning, and the overall mood of the game is fantastic. Also the music changes dynamicly if your in battle, and it makes the battles very intense. The levels are full of secrets, locked doors and collectibles. The world is very beautiful. I often find myself just exploring the world outside of where I'm supposed to go, because it's so beautiful. It also helps that I always find secrets when exploring. Fantastic game! Expand
  6. Mar 27, 2013
    I liked the original Bioshock games but wasn't a huge huge fan of them like some people. I wasn't super hyped for this game (no unrealistic explanations of "OMG GUYS, this is going to be the best game ever!!") but I was definitely excited. Just finished this morning after staying up all night and wow. Wow, was it worth it.

Very unique gameplay. Incredible sound design (there is

Very unique gameplay. Incredible sound design (there is something that just draws you in about the sound: all of it is very realistic and well done), great setting, great characters, great story. One of the first games that I've felt was actually worth its initial box price in a long, long time.
  7. Apr 10, 2013
    I have been a gamer for 20 years. This is my first review. Nothing is perfect. If everything was a 10 there would be no need for new games at all... I’m giving this a 10 because there are some reviewers giving it less than 9.5 and I need to make up for that. Likely they’re blinded by their own genre and gameplay tastes, which Bioshock Infinite may not perfectly align with. Look pastI have been a gamer for 20 years. This is my first review. Nothing is perfect. If everything was a 10 there would be no need for new games at all... I’m giving this a 10 because there are some reviewers giving it less than 9.5 and I need to make up for that. Likely they’re blinded by their own genre and gameplay tastes, which Bioshock Infinite may not perfectly align with. Look past that and see a work of stunning beauty.

It is a compelling, wildly creative story that draws you in from its first moments. Anyone who says they saw the end coming is lying to themselves. They might have wondered but they didn’t KNOW.

Play the game and enjoy everything that games can be
  8. May 3, 2013
    In my 29 years of gaming I have never felt more engaged by a story and a setting. This game has changed my expectations permanently. I have never been so immersed in a gaming experience.
  9. Mar 30, 2013
    An extremely captivating gaming experience. The gameplay is good, the story is wonderfully told and the world is worth the purchase alone. In a market saturated by "HOORA AMERICA"shooters (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Homefront, Medal of Honor), it's refreshing to see a game tear American Exceptionalism apart. While the gameplay is pretty solid, the real stars are the story and the world.An extremely captivating gaming experience. The gameplay is good, the story is wonderfully told and the world is worth the purchase alone. In a market saturated by "HOORA AMERICA"shooters (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Homefront, Medal of Honor), it's refreshing to see a game tear American Exceptionalism apart. While the gameplay is pretty solid, the real stars are the story and the world. The developers took a lot of big risks in this game, with a lot of decisions that could have easily backfired and ruined the whole experience. The fact that everything works so well together is remarkable in its own right. I think calling it "The greatest game of all time" like some other reviewers are is kind of a stretch, but certainly I don't think anything else coming out this year will even approach the quality of Bioshock Infinite. If you liked the first Bioshock, you probably already have this game, but if you don't you owe it to yourself to get this. If you felt that the gameplay was dull in the original Bioshock or that that lack of subtlety in dealing with broader philosophical and political concepts was problematic, you're going to find the same issues here. However, I absolutely loved the experience. Expand
  10. Mar 26, 2013
    Awesome game! Cool graphic design and perfect soundtrack. Love it very much. Action is very dynamic and the story is interesting so far. A graphics itself feels kinda old, but light effects are awesome, so i don't have any complaints. It's a little bit laggy on ultra 1080p on my GTX 560, but i hope they'll fix it later.
  11. Mar 26, 2013
    Absolutly outstanding game, this is a new benchmark for game developers to strive for... have no hesitation if you are considering wether or not to buy this game... this is pure art expressed masterfully
  12. Mar 26, 2013
    If you hated everything about the original BioShock, don't bother with this game, it's very similar in many ways. However, once you get that out of the way, it's a much better version of it than the previous two. For example, while combat is still the same setup (replace plasmid with vigor) and enemies still can feel a little bullet-spongy (I recommend turning off health meters in theIf you hated everything about the original BioShock, don't bother with this game, it's very similar in many ways. However, once you get that out of the way, it's a much better version of it than the previous two. For example, while combat is still the same setup (replace plasmid with vigor) and enemies still can feel a little bullet-spongy (I recommend turning off health meters in the options menu, as well as most other HUD notifications), most encounters take place in these big open areas that are also densely packed with cool tactical options. The result is some thrilling and crazy combat moments that in most games would be heavily scripted. No more "electrocute-wrench" through the whole game. Graphically, you can sometimes see some flat textures up close reminding you that this is a game that has been worked on for 6 years, but on the whole it is quite gorgeous. Nice to play an FPS that doesn't look like a brown and grey modern military shooter or a future space war that might as well be a military shooter for how it looks.

On that note, this game has the best storytelling since Half-Life 2. No sitting through pre-rendered cutscenes full of people spewing exposition at you. Just exploring the environment explains what's going on in the world and hints at some weird stuff behind the surface. This game also deals with racism and religious fundamentalism in a far less heavy handed manner than you would expect. Nice to play a game that doesn't treat you like a moron who can't follow a simple story.

So in summary: Yes, if you go into this game expecting it to be the industry-changing miracle some people are making it out to be, you will be let down. But if you go in expecting an FPS that is far more immersive, original and entertaining than 95% of what you've played in the last few years, you'll get it. Hell, it's basically a 10-hour escort mission with a character you still care about by the end and never get annoyed with. That alone deserves some kudos.
  13. Mar 26, 2013
    Absolutely stunning piece of artwork, it shows that single player games are in fact alive and well. Irrational has yet to make a bad game in my opinion.
  14. Mar 26, 2013
    Simply AMAZING. I can't get enough of this game. It's perfection. Or near perfection at least. It's so beautiful, clever and fun. Stunning job from the guys over at Irrational. Good job!
  15. Mar 31, 2013
    I almost never play games twice. However, upon finishing Bioshock Infinite, I rebooted and started again straight away. The characters, setting and plot are fantastic. The combat is interesting and tight, though I agree with others who suggest there might have been a bit too much of it. The sound track is outstanding I want to buy it.

I know I'm gushing, but I think this is my

I know I'm gushing, but I think this is my favourite game ever. It's plot and characters are as good as, or better, than any film or book I've seen or read. To an extent, I feel like this is a new level of story-telling in gaming.
  16. Mar 27, 2013
    Best game for last 5 years. Good Music, good and beauty graphics, perfect gameplay and amazing story with best ending i've seen ever! 10/10. And i think, I found my love. Elizabeth
  17. May 16, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite takes everything we know about linear gameplay and does it all right. With an unrivalled plot, the likes of which overwhelm all but the 'A-est' of the A-list Hollywood movies, The most compelling efforts of the writers is to convey the underlying themes that don't become apparent until late on in the story and with a beautifully devious twist of an ending, it certainlyBioshock Infinite takes everything we know about linear gameplay and does it all right. With an unrivalled plot, the likes of which overwhelm all but the 'A-est' of the A-list Hollywood movies, The most compelling efforts of the writers is to convey the underlying themes that don't become apparent until late on in the story and with a beautifully devious twist of an ending, it certainly leaves the player wanting to get on the wiki site ti learn more. Bioshock Infinite is certainly one to be remembered, and with the nourishing level of detail, forgetting the beauty (and ensuing chaos) of Columbia will prove difficult for any gamer. With the physics engines and graphics cards of 2013, Infinite leaves us thinking "Damn, if only Rapture had looked this good."

If anything could be said against the game, it would be Irrational's lack of effort towards creating a fully function AI society. Whilst the player is indeed submerged in a city with non-aggressive AI to bolster the feeling that you are in a real human settlement and not just a war zone, Irrational struggles to do this improvement over the game's predecessors any real justice with the lack of interaction between the AI and the player itself. One finds themself questioning the difference between taking stuff from a chest of drawers and taking stuff from a chest of drawers with the word 'steal' at the bottom of the screen, demonstrating the scripted incidents carried out by the competely robotic artificial intelligence.
  18. Apr 26, 2013
    There should really be a rule about people not being allowed to write a review for something if they HAVEN'T PLAYED THE DAMN GAME. Seriously, some of the stuff in these comments is ridiculous. The setting is "unimaginative"? What? How can you complain about a steampunk, floating city being "unimaginative" when there are games like Call of Duty and Battlefield getting farted out that use aThere should really be a rule about people not being allowed to write a review for something if they HAVEN'T PLAYED THE DAMN GAME. Seriously, some of the stuff in these comments is ridiculous. The setting is "unimaginative"? What? How can you complain about a steampunk, floating city being "unimaginative" when there are games like Call of Duty and Battlefield getting farted out that use a brown, dust filled desert-industrial environment which seems to be a sort of basic formula for games nowadays. Anyway, the setting IS imaginative, and the story IS good, anybody who is saying the story "made no sense" probably just didn't understand it because they have the IQ of a coconut. The story made sense perfectly fine to me, and to 98% of the other people who played the game, as well. That said, if you don't like exploring, and just prefer to shoot people, don't buy this game and then complain that it was too well paced and you didn't spend 100% of your time killing other humans, because there is a big emphasis on exploration in this game, gear, money, and voxophones, which flesh out the story really nicely are all found by exploration. Also you get to see more of the city and experience the graphics design, because it is spectacular. Basically, it has everything good that the first Bioshock had, fast paced and exciting combat, amazing, albeit very different, atmosphere, an emphasis on exploration and a great story, without the redundant binary moral choice system. Also Elizabeth is a really nice addition to the game, one of the best support characters since Alyx.

Basically, if you haven't played it, and are here to write a bad review because you watched TotalBiscuit's WTF is? video, then go away. If you DID play it, and didn't enjoy it, fair enough, but don't criticise something simply because of its genre. Yes, it didn't have any puzzles or stealth. Do you know why? Because it's an FPS, you moron. Anyway, if you enjoyed the original, you'll love this, it's definitely a Bioshock game, I'd say it was even better than the 1st. The worst thing about it was the soundtrack, and that's just because I can't remember anything about it, and I finished the game yesterday. Great combat, great story, great atmosphere, great pacing, great graphics, it did everything well. I'm giving it a 9 because of a few things I didn't like. The vigors are a bit unoriginal, except for the Bucking Bronco and Murder of Crows, and even that is basically just a repackaged Insect Swarm from B1. I preferred the gun upgrade system in B1, and the upgrades for that were much more original than the ones in this, which pretty much consist of "damage increase", "clip size increase", "recoil decrease", and "accuracy increase". It's a fantastic game, but there ARE a few things that stop it from being a 10. I would give it 9.5 if I could, but there is no 9.5, so it gets a 9. I loved it, and will definitely buy the DLC planned.
  19. Mar 26, 2013
    While this game is short, I feel that if it was longer it would have detracted from the experience. If you do not play this game, then at least watch a friend play it. This is an amazing game beyond what I expected from any game in 2013. The only problem I see is that games now have to live up to this standard.
  20. Mar 26, 2013
    This is more than just a great game, it is a great work of art. The game is executed in a way that only can be done through video games. If this were a movie it wouldn't work. This is the game that may bring respect to videogames as an art form.
  21. Mar 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite does a lot of things right. Elizabeth is one of the best characters to ever appear in a game and the world is beautiful; unfortunately many little things keep the game from the level of greatness a lot of people are laying upon it. Pacing is inconsistent, many abilities feel completely similar with only cosmetic differences, and the lack of save anywhere is inexcusable,Bioshock Infinite does a lot of things right. Elizabeth is one of the best characters to ever appear in a game and the world is beautiful; unfortunately many little things keep the game from the level of greatness a lot of people are laying upon it. Pacing is inconsistent, many abilities feel completely similar with only cosmetic differences, and the lack of save anywhere is inexcusable, especially when both previous Bioshock titles allowed it. Lastly, while beautifully realized, the world of Columbia just isn’t as interesting or as “real” as Rapture from the previous Bioshock games.

The game is still very good but it’s still disappointing because it could have been truly great.
  22. Mar 26, 2013
    Must say I was losing hope with all the crap being bought out recently. BioShock Infinite is a great game. Very few titles are bought out at this standard. It is a must buy, not matter what these trolls rate it. For all the dimwits giving a 0-3, you have no idea. For the guy crying about graphics. Maybe you should go into option and learn how to set it up. Not only that maybe get a upgradeMust say I was losing hope with all the crap being bought out recently. BioShock Infinite is a great game. Very few titles are bought out at this standard. It is a must buy, not matter what these trolls rate it. For all the dimwits giving a 0-3, you have no idea. For the guy crying about graphics. Maybe you should go into option and learn how to set it up. Not only that maybe get a upgrade for that lawnmower you call a computer. Expand
  23. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. You have to love a game that is built not to please everyone, or to appeal to the biggest demographic of the lowest common denominator. Bioware Infinite is about a development team trying to realise their creative vision. This is a very fun shooter, but by no means is it the kind of shooter that is going to inspire thousands of hours of shooting.
  24. Mar 26, 2013
    Long and short of this: This is my game of the year already. The game is a ton of fun and extremely beautiful with such rich and detailed areas. The voice-acting is just top-notch and the story itself, well, it takes you in little by little and lets you experiences the story as a outsider and really draws you in. My gun-play with the new power system is old enough to be nostalgic but justLong and short of this: This is my game of the year already. The game is a ton of fun and extremely beautiful with such rich and detailed areas. The voice-acting is just top-notch and the story itself, well, it takes you in little by little and lets you experiences the story as a outsider and really draws you in. My gun-play with the new power system is old enough to be nostalgic but just fresh enough to be a fun experiences. If you are new to Bioshock and enjoy story and shooters, A MUST PICK UP.

If you are familiar with Bioshock, YOU WILL ENJOY THIS.

The middle is a bit padded but this game is easily one of the best games I have every played. It is up with my favorites and thats a hard bar to reach. GOTY already and its only March folks Do yourself the favor and pick up this absolute gem of a game.
  25. Mar 26, 2013
    This is an amazing game. It deliveres everything that other shooters do not. 1. An amazing Story which i will not spoil. 2. Amazing graphics that fit the atmosphere perfectly. 3. NO BUGS SO FAR!!! Never thought the day would come when i would play a game on release without any bugs. 4. Superb gameplay: amazing levels, weapons, means of transportation so on and so on. I could go on but iThis is an amazing game. It deliveres everything that other shooters do not. 1. An amazing Story which i will not spoil. 2. Amazing graphics that fit the atmosphere perfectly. 3. NO BUGS SO FAR!!! Never thought the day would come when i would play a game on release without any bugs. 4. Superb gameplay: amazing levels, weapons, means of transportation so on and so on. I could go on but i desperately want to continue playing. And 2k was nice enough to give me Bioshock 1 and xcom: enemy unknown for FREE!!!!! Expand
  26. Mar 26, 2013
    Would you kindly play this game? This by far is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years of gaming. When I walked out of that capsule and those lit candles with the soothing music behind it I knew this game was going somewhere. This is art this is what this generations needed for a ending of this generation consoles. I can now say this is added to the list of great games made by aWould you kindly play this game? This by far is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years of gaming. When I walked out of that capsule and those lit candles with the soothing music behind it I knew this game was going somewhere. This is art this is what this generations needed for a ending of this generation consoles. I can now say this is added to the list of great games made by a genius company. Great job irrational games. Every bit was worth playing this game. Expand
  27. Mar 26, 2013
    I had doubts before preordering the game, but I gave it a shot, since I loved the bioshock games from the past, and I always liked the atmosphere which is unique to this game, no game has this kind of graphics, and sounds, and environment.
    The gameplay, as always, fun to play, and not to easy, but possible, (not like those games that you die a thousand times to move on).
    In addition to
    In addition to that, you have a unique companion, that aids you in many ways, Elizabeth will through you a coin she found, or a shotgun when you are out of ammo, also, her character is something I never saw, she moves along with you, not after you, she interacts with the world, like it was real, she would tell you her opinion or just go around and look.

If you love singleplayer games, and are looking for something fresh that no other game can offer, give this a shot, you won't be disappointed.
  28. Mar 27, 2013
    I don't know how else to put it. But this is probably one of the best games I have ever played. I didn't really know what to expect, with how games that come out now are unfinished to the point where it isn't even playable (See: SimCity). But man I was blown away by this. The story is incredible, and the atmosphere is so immersive. I can't explain it better than the other reviewers alreadyI don't know how else to put it. But this is probably one of the best games I have ever played. I didn't really know what to expect, with how games that come out now are unfinished to the point where it isn't even playable (See: SimCity). But man I was blown away by this. The story is incredible, and the atmosphere is so immersive. I can't explain it better than the other reviewers already have. Every positive review about this game is true. Expand
  29. Mar 27, 2013
    Just finished the game and I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. A Masterpiece? The fire Prometheus gave to Man? Just truly amazing. If you have any interest in any quality story-telling and amazing art direction, you are obligated to experience this game for yourself. If you want a more elaborate review, look up Adam Sessler's from Rev3Games on YouTube. He says it all perfectly. ThisJust finished the game and I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. A Masterpiece? The fire Prometheus gave to Man? Just truly amazing. If you have any interest in any quality story-telling and amazing art direction, you are obligated to experience this game for yourself. If you want a more elaborate review, look up Adam Sessler's from Rev3Games on YouTube. He says it all perfectly. This game easily gets an 11/10 Expand
  30. Mar 26, 2013
    Every once in a while a game comes out that blows your socks off. This game goes above in beyond in all areas. Superior story telling, combat, atmosphere, music. You feel immersed in the world and unable to quit playing. The details in the areas show the care given by the development team. This game was not rushed and will serve as proof to what games can accomplish. This game accomplishesEvery once in a while a game comes out that blows your socks off. This game goes above in beyond in all areas. Superior story telling, combat, atmosphere, music. You feel immersed in the world and unable to quit playing. The details in the areas show the care given by the development team. This game was not rushed and will serve as proof to what games can accomplish. This game accomplishes what Half-Life did for its time period. I think Ken Levine said it best when referred to games as a better medium than movies and books because you pilot them. You get to participate and experience them. This is nothing short of a masterpiece and should be purchased by everyone. Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]