8.5

1. Apr 4, 2013
    I often wondered if I'd ever play a game that I felt deserved an unashamed 10 out of 10. I finally found it with this title. Utterly incredible. Graphics, immersion, atmosphere, gameplay everything absolutely spectacular. Best game I've played in years.
  2. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILERS!

Just finished the game, took me around 30+ hours.

I'm glad I decided to play 1999 mode on my first play through, it made the game really challenging and I died just enough times.

This was a really special game, what a mind blowing and rare experience! Grabbing my favorite kind of game, (fps rpg) and wrap it around a really good story. I loved how rich and alive the world feels, you really feel you're in this city with its own twisted culture and beliefs, and I loved how you were there before everything went to so you actually got to see the beauty and majesty of Columbia. I mean, the city breads believability, electronics all have a brand, and so does food, clothing, alcohol, tabaco, etc. I love how themed everything is, everything makes sense and its not only there to fill up the environment. From FINKs crates to Prophets propaganda props.
    Another thing Irrational Games nailed once again, was what I like to call environment storytelling, the way dead bodies were placed and the destroyed stuff around them, if you take a second to absolve the room you're in, you can really picture what happened in there with you're mind. I like to all this the "half eaten donut moment" from the movie Aliens, you don't always need to tell a story, just present pieces of it, like puzzle pieces, and people will put it together in their minds, and IG artists and designers always excelled at this, it is so inspiring for me.
    It really felt that the artists made the art of the game to support both the gameplay AND the story, and not only to make a pretty game, and for those who work on the games industry, you know how challenging that is!

Gameplay wise, I gotta say the combat is loads of fun! Weapons feel really good, and I found myself using a wide range of weapons through the game, but ultimately I used the Sniper/RPG combination the most. Enemies and AI are smart and challenging enough, Melee and shotguns guys strike at you while rifle and other dudes take cover and whatnot. Overall I found the combat really rewarding and fun, this is a shooter after all so I'm glad they made it compelling to just shoot at bad guys.

I gotta say though, the Vigors in the game are really poor. I found the Plasmids in Bioshock a lot better somehow and I found myself using pretty much all of them, whereas in Bioshock Infinite I pretty much only used a couple, and rarely.
    Bioshock gave you a lot of temptation to use the plasmids, well placed oil puddles, water puddles, Telekinisis to get unreachable stuff and other things. Maybe the levels in that game were smaller and easier to design/play with plasmids, but still...
    Another thing, the game never really forces you to use the Vigors, I remember in Bioshock they made you use the Electro Bolt to open certain doors, Fire to ignite certain areas and open frozen doors, etc, etc. On Infinite Vigors are exclusively used for combat, maybe they did that to simplify the game, make it more mainstream, along with the idea of removing hacking and lock picking.

Also, I kept waiting for that big moment when you had to fight the all mighty and feared Songbird, but that moment never happened, in fact, its curious how this game doesn't have many bosses, I can only think of one, Lady Comstocks ghost. You have those mini-boss guys with the crows and the handymans, but still, bit of a wasted opportunity there for a badass boss scene when Songbird kidnaps Liz and take her to Comstock.
    And speaking of Comstock, anyone else think his death was extremely anti-climatic? You slap his head and drown in a water puddle? Again, wasted boss potential there, I was expecting the final fight with the Prophet to be one of a kind.

Still in the subject of bosses, wtf was that last boss scene? If I can call it that? They just trown enemies and Motorized Patriots at you, and that's it!! No epic climax boss scene... In Bioshocks last boss scene, they make you fight Atlas, this big ass mutated and the game makes you use all the Plasmids you've got to be able to beat all the stages of the boss, which is awesome cos it makes you use everything you learned during the game, where's in Infinite you just get normal enemies being trown at you... Again, wasted opportunity for a epic climax!

Bioshock was one of the best and the most memorable games of the last decade for me, Infinite builds on top of that legacy and makes it better in many many many ways, unfortunately it was also a bit streamlined in many ways.

With that being said, this was one awesome game that will live in my memory for many years, if not ever! I might have sounded overly negative or critic, but it was only because I care about it so much and was able to see the tiny flaws of it. I can't praise this game enought though! I'll be playing it a second time soon for sure, and I can't wait for the dlcs, curious to see what they'll come up with.

Oh... And the end cutscene, with the plot twist and all, damn!
  3. Jun 20, 2013
    This HAS to be game of the year. This game is so fresh, and its not stale! This is one of the greatest games I have played in a long time, I've just completed it and I don't want to spoil anything but it feels like I've just watched The Matrix for the first time. My mind is blown.

Anyway, I wasn't too sure about this game. The fact that it took place up in the sky put me off as the first 2 games were at the bottom of the ocean and I thought there's no way that's possible, it must be a tiny city... (Derp, Bioshock 1 & 2 took place underwater! What am I thinking?!) The graphics made me a bit put off as well which looked a bit more like a cartoon rather than it looking rough and realistic and I really regret judging the game for that which is why I didn't buy it until a few days ago.

The graphics are really nice and have this bloom effect. The game also ran really well for me on 'High' the only problems I had was random crashing a few times which rarely happened as well as stuttering if I alt-tabbed out of the game for a while or just very rare random stuttering. (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz, 3.5GB Ram, [I actually have 8 but 32-bit only lets me use 3.5] and ATI Radeon 6950.)

There are lots of weapons and the revolver no doubt is my favourite, as well as the machine gun. All of the weapons give a satisfying *UMPH* if you know what I mean. As for the plasmids (or vigors) which have cleverly been designed as liquid to consume; are somewhat similar to the plasmids but have a different feel to it which is ok.

Now you have an NPC which follows you throughout the game which is Elizabeth and surprisingly she's not dumb and doesn't get in the way or be useless as a brick wall, she's actually really useful. The dialogue where she throws supplies is a bit repetitive but you don't really notice it that much as you can mostly hear gunfire.

The overall feel for the game has that Bioshock feeling, but its different and I like it.

BAD: Personally I am disappointed that nothing is really physical like the first 2 games. I can understand why they did this as the physics in the previous games were clunky and a bit buggy but a lot of items could had been physical.

I also dislike that when you upgrade your weapons no attachments are added to them, it's just the same model.

Overall this game is 100% worth buying, it's fresh, the voice acting is simply amazing and I really got attached to Elizabeth as well as the story and I really hope that there's a sequel to this game.

THANK YOU BIOSHOCK INFINITE DEVELOPERS & VOICE ACTORS AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR MAKING AN AWESOME GAME!
  4. Mar 30, 2013
    A bit more simplified when compared to Bioshock... yet equally (if not more) fun than its predecessor. What makes this game so special is the incredible setting and mesmerizing story, one which will be remembered as one of gaming's best... an ending that satisfies and shocks more than you could have ever wanted... and an AI companion that is all but artificial. While we're a part of aA bit more simplified when compared to Bioshock... yet equally (if not more) fun than its predecessor. What makes this game so special is the incredible setting and mesmerizing story, one which will be remembered as one of gaming's best... an ending that satisfies and shocks more than you could have ever wanted... and an AI companion that is all but artificial. While we're a part of a console-dominant era, System shock's gameplay mechanics are lost and gone, crying and pleading will not bring them back (maybe kickstarter might, who knows)...and i could have been PC-elitist-centric and whine throughout my Bioshock Infinite experience, but i can't...and wont...
    I had a lot of fun, i was touched by the story...i loved the graphics, the design and atmosphere... the music...the sounds and the voice-acting. Hope you have as much fun as i had and let the Bioshock saga continue, it deserves nothing less.
  5. Mar 30, 2013
    A game that clearly shows the developers wanted to make a masterpiece. The story follows many of the strengths of the original Bioshock, but goes even deeper than before. All too often games that deal in quantum physics and science fiction get lost plot holes and contrivances, but Bioshock Infinite welcomes speculation and the more you think about what's happening the more you respect allA game that clearly shows the developers wanted to make a masterpiece. The story follows many of the strengths of the original Bioshock, but goes even deeper than before. All too often games that deal in quantum physics and science fiction get lost plot holes and contrivances, but Bioshock Infinite welcomes speculation and the more you think about what's happening the more you respect all the details the writers added to the story. While there aren't too many permanent characters throughout the game, Elizabeth is easily one of the best written female characters in gaming. I couldn't possibly list half the things I loved about this game without spoiling it, but this is a game I could recommend to anyone.
    Coming back to the actual mechanics of the game, the graphics are phenomenal. They run well on mid-range cards and rely on beautiful art design and animation to make Columbia one of the most beautiful venues in video games yet. The music is appropriate, but the rest of the sound design (in Bioshock fashion) is excellent, and many of the audio logs are simply chilling. Voice acting is for the most part top-notch.
    If I have a complaint about Bioshock infinite, it's in the combat. Enemy AI is fairly basic and enemy variety is a bit wanting. The vigors are nice, but not as varied or powerful as before. That being said, the setting is much more open and diverse than the previous games. Still, truth be told, I preferred the original game's combat a little bit. Nonetheless, while this isn't a "flawless" game, it is a masterpiece, and it will be looked back on as an important step in gaming. It shows that there are still developers out there who look to their game as a piece of art and are willing to push boundaries.
  6. Mar 30, 2013
    An extremely captivating gaming experience. The gameplay is good, the story is wonderfully told and the world is worth the purchase alone. In a market saturated by "HOORA AMERICA"shooters (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Homefront, Medal of Honor), it's refreshing to see a game tear American Exceptionalism apart. While the gameplay is pretty solid, the real stars are the story and the world.An extremely captivating gaming experience. The gameplay is good, the story is wonderfully told and the world is worth the purchase alone. In a market saturated by "HOORA AMERICA"shooters (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Homefront, Medal of Honor), it's refreshing to see a game tear American Exceptionalism apart. While the gameplay is pretty solid, the real stars are the story and the world. The developers took a lot of big risks in this game, with a lot of decisions that could have easily backfired and ruined the whole experience. The fact that everything works so well together is remarkable in its own right. I think calling it "The greatest game of all time" like some other reviewers are is kind of a stretch, but certainly I don't think anything else coming out this year will even approach the quality of Bioshock Infinite. If you liked the first Bioshock, you probably already have this game, but if you don't you owe it to yourself to get this. If you felt that the gameplay was dull in the original Bioshock or that that lack of subtlety in dealing with broader philosophical and political concepts was problematic, you're going to find the same issues here. However, I absolutely loved the experience. Expand
  7. Sep 22, 2014
    FPS couldn't get any better than this. its worth the money I spent. Gameplay and the characters will let you into the world. Best game of the generation. You will believe a city can fly.
  8. Oct 17, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a lovely game. Art direction, graphics and sound are superb. Made me think of Singularity and Dishonored at times. A beautiful first person shooter, and a must-have.
  9. Mar 30, 2013
    The best FPS I've ever played. And the biggest reason I can give you is Elizabeth. Elizabeth the best NPC in any video game I've ever played. THe gameplay is excellent (though fiddly at times) the graphics are top notch (not the aboluste best, but only a tad under) the sense of "being there" is fantastic as the details is just breath taking. The game mechanics are worked out and smooth.The best FPS I've ever played. And the biggest reason I can give you is Elizabeth. Elizabeth the best NPC in any video game I've ever played. THe gameplay is excellent (though fiddly at times) the graphics are top notch (not the aboluste best, but only a tad under) the sense of "being there" is fantastic as the details is just breath taking. The game mechanics are worked out and smooth. But it is Elizabeth I've fallen in love with a sodding video game character. Please let me buy all your DLC expansions and follow ups. Sign me up right now but if you change her personality Irrational Games... I'm coming after you with a stick covered in dog excrement. Expand
  10. Apr 25, 2013
    Just finished. Amazing game. Kept me hooked beginning to end, did not want to do anything else. So many details that were cool and unique and found nowhere else. The story is incredible and this is the first game I've bought in a while that I actually felt deserved my money. One thing I will say is the fighting tended to get repetitive with the shoot this guy, search that garbage canJust finished. Amazing game. Kept me hooked beginning to end, did not want to do anything else. So many details that were cool and unique and found nowhere else. The story is incredible and this is the first game I've bought in a while that I actually felt deserved my money. One thing I will say is the fighting tended to get repetitive with the shoot this guy, search that garbage can for ammo, shoot that guy, search some corpses for a sandwich, etc. I've never seen so much money just strewn about and thrown away anywhere. If there had to be a flaw, it would be the search-system. Not sure how one would fix that, but it is what it is. Doesn't detract from the game though. LOVES me that hand cannon. Expand
  11. Mar 27, 2013
    I don't know if I've ever given any game a 10. But if any game deserves it, it's this one. The graphical detail, the voice-overs, the sounds, the innovative storyline and the game play are unsurpassed in any game I've played in the last several years. Really an incredible gaming experience. This is the type of game that makes you want to go out and spend big money on a PC upgrade. II don't know if I've ever given any game a 10. But if any game deserves it, it's this one. The graphical detail, the voice-overs, the sounds, the innovative storyline and the game play are unsurpassed in any game I've played in the last several years. Really an incredible gaming experience. This is the type of game that makes you want to go out and spend big money on a PC upgrade. I won't get into details plenty of others have. Just suffice it to say that if you're a PC gamer, you NEED to play this game. Awesome job, 2k! Expand
  12. Apr 6, 2013
    Absolute triumph of smart and deep storytelling, which is beatifully, masterfully made and pure fun to play... seems like candidate for game of the decade!
  13. Jul 13, 2013
    Yes, sometimes you know a game will be good before you even play it. But you still have no idea just how good this game is. This game will touch you...
  14. Mar 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. Quite literally, one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. People will speak of this game for decades to come, not just for what it did, but for what it helped lead to long after its creation.
  15. Mar 26, 2013
    Take THAT Half Life 2! Seriously, that game doesn't deserve it's score or praise, but this game does, finally, nice to see some justice in the world. Bioshock has always been a series for absurd creativity, and this entry is no different.
  16. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is a worthy successor to the fantastic original Bioshock. Not only does it have one of the best stories ever told in one of gaming's most incredible settings, it has some of the most original and fun gameplay as well. This is the greatest game to come out in the last few years and the greatest first person shooter since the original Bioshock. A must-play game.
  17. Mar 31, 2013
    I almost never play games twice. However, upon finishing Bioshock Infinite, I rebooted and started again straight away. The characters, setting and plot are fantastic. The combat is interesting and tight, though I agree with others who suggest there might have been a bit too much of it. The sound track is outstanding I want to buy it.

I know I'm gushing, but I think this is my

I know I'm gushing, but I think this is my favourite game ever. It's plot and characters are as good as, or better, than any film or book I've seen or read. To an extent, I feel like this is a new level of story-telling in gaming.
  18. Jan 27, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite must be one of the most cleverly designed games I’ve ever played. All design decisions made by the developers subtly direct the player towards interesting themes that keep reverberating throughout the story. This Bioshock game takes place in a different utopia that floats in the sky. Infinite’s gameworld, Columbia, is given incredible detail and is probably the mostBioshock Infinite must be one of the most cleverly designed games I’ve ever played. All design decisions made by the developers subtly direct the player towards interesting themes that keep reverberating throughout the story. This Bioshock game takes place in a different utopia that floats in the sky. Infinite’s gameworld, Columbia, is given incredible detail and is probably the most vibrant and dynamic city portrayed in gaming. Irrational Games designed characters that exude lively animations and personalities that, for the first time in the franchise, provoked genuine emotional reactions out of me. You play as an ex-Pinkerton agent assigned with a rather simple task that gets complicated quickly. Throughout your adventure in Columbia, the player is presented with some of the most uncomfortable and controversial game moments and takes a new approach with choice and morality. However, these segments are beautifully tied into the story’s theme and portrayed with such narrative finesse that the player’s discomfort is also accompanied with awe and amazement.

While Bioshock Infinite doesn’t have the incredible level design its predecessors had, the game has extremely balanced gameplay that struggles between exploration, combat, and story. All details of Infinite are so carefully considered, it would be silly to assume that Irrational Games got lazy when designing the combat. If the combat system became any more complicated with extra secondary goals and additional exploration, it would disrupt the balance between the narrative and ultimately force the player to focus less on the story. While I would prefer that my Booker DeWitt had the ability to carry all accessible weapons with him, the two-weapon system doesn’t necessary bother me. Almost all weapons are very well balanced and merely cater to different gameplay styles without offering noticeable advantages in combat. In addition, I found that Vigors are a much more appealing magic system than the Plasmids in Rapture. The various Vigors react with each other differently and offer much more depth to the gameplay if you decide to experiment with them. The defensive Vigors, such as Return to Sender and an upgraded Charge, can become life savers on higher difficulties. It’s incredibly rewarding when the player perseveres through a challenging combat situation by cleverly utilizing their Vigor arsenal. Bioshock Infinite is one of the most colorful games ever crafted and steers the shooter genre in a new direction with its fluid gameplay and remarkable narration.
  19. Mar 26, 2013
    We now have a metacritic title that is tied for first place of all time; I hoped for this prior to the release assuming in this day and age more people would flock to purchase the masterpeice, I nearly cried when Ken Levine of Irrational stated he went to frat houses and asked who knew or had played bioshock and nobody raised their hand.
    After 6 hours with the game; I can give the game a
    After 6 hours with the game; I can give the game a confident 10/10. I do not know where to start but on Ultra with max FoV and the alternate DX11 Ambient Occlusion the game is stunning graphically with art design that shows each artist literally put his or her soul into every area of each set piece. The Plasmid's feel great and are much more unique; I dig throwing people up in the air with the bucking bronco then using murder of crows while using my carbine to pick them off with ironsights. Another thing that feels A+ especially compared to the original, Gunplay; Ironsights are perfect are is the crosshair option.
    I suggest binding right mouse to Iron Sight if you are familiar with FPS gaming, and if you have a thumb button that is where I have my "Use Plasmid" bound.

Health and Vigor restored by food/health packs and cigs/potion/salts can no longer be stored up in the inventory and at first I was looking for how to chug a potion while getting beat up a bit on Hard mode; once I adapted to not being able to use this option in combat I was able to dominate the "New" Bioshock feel.

As for the two greatest highlights aside from Graphics as we can all see it is astonishing (especially buttermilk smooth on SLI 680's) and that the story is incredible (I've fallen in love with Elizabeth already) is the revolutionary AI behind Elizabeth. She becomes a living breathing character that you are able to actually MORE than enjoy the company of. She becomes a friend, a love interest and her innocence makes her that more fragile while her ability to rip tears in time (Spoiler: the first time you see her do it its in the future to a paris premier of RETURN OF THE JEDI). Her AI is absolutely incredible with no problems.

The Skyhook system is flawless and fun; it is like a controllable rollercoaster and it is jaw dropping to Leap off a rail and decapitate a guard down below; it makes you feel powerful but not overly powerful as you'll still get your ass handed to you during portions on HARD mode making you react like FPS gamers should rather than have your perfect plasmid/gun combination always work your way; you'll miss sometimes and Liz will help out as much as she can.

I just wanted to state that I spent 2 hours before any combat came in the game searching around and in awe at the city and the art put into every area. To my surprise I've found my favorite "Minor" moment in a game ever.
    A barber shop Quartet is singing "Music from the Future. Now" due remember this is 1912; and the Quartet is singing a gorgeous rendition of 'The Beach Boys' astonishing song "God Only Knows" off of their revolutionary 'Pet Sounds' album. Being a music geek and a gaming geek perhaps that is a small sign of exactly what Bioshock Infinite is. To music what petsound was at release; Bioshock Infinite is to gaming present day.
    -- If you'd like to check out the quartet singing this GORGEOUS RENDITION please click here.
  20. Nov 17, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is amazing, just utterly amazing. The first sky hook execution put a smile on my face from ear to ear after which I never stopped smiling through the entire game. With the sky hook comes the sky rail which turns you into a living roller coaster from which you can attack enemies on the move. It provides an amazing combination of fast-paced action along with the rush ofBioShock Infinite is amazing, just utterly amazing. The first sky hook execution put a smile on my face from ear to ear after which I never stopped smiling through the entire game. With the sky hook comes the sky rail which turns you into a living roller coaster from which you can attack enemies on the move. It provides an amazing combination of fast-paced action along with the rush of riding a roller coaster.

The story is incredible although it really has nothing to do with the original Rapture storyline so it doesn't necessarily fit the BioShock series. Although because it is such a great game which sticks to the original BioShock style game play, it is nice to know that the BioShock series was not tarnished. One can honestly say the BioShock trilogy is one of the best of all time.

Future games need to take notes on how to implement a sidekick. Any girl that gives me money is ok in my book and Elizabeth is a sweetheart to boot. She never gets in the way. She's never commanding or condescending. And she even helps you out by pointing out items like lock picks and voxophones. I actually developed a sense of trust in her. She was not only useful, but made me feel welcome in the process.

Easily the best game I've played this year.
  21. Apr 3, 2013
    lets forget about the score........i dont even played this game yet...its about feeling and moods...alcohal drugs and hate....a word called love..............and long lost ...whatever........10 means its all good forever and i agree :).....................i must provide a score ....like i said 10 then :P
  22. May 30, 2013
    This game is simply incredible. My words cannot do it justice. Best game I have played in a long time. Story telling at it's very best with great graphics and some of the most satisfying combat in any game I have ever played. Loads to see and do here and a game I will play through many times. I don't understand why this game has had negative reviews but I guess you cannot pleaseThis game is simply incredible. My words cannot do it justice. Best game I have played in a long time. Story telling at it's very best with great graphics and some of the most satisfying combat in any game I have ever played. Loads to see and do here and a game I will play through many times. I don't understand why this game has had negative reviews but I guess you cannot please everyone. I normally buy my games in the sales on steam; however I paid full price for this game and was not disappointed....worth every penny. Expand
  23. Apr 16, 2013
    The original was an incredible game and truly groundbreaking in the first person shooter market. The original created Rapture, Atlas, Jack, and Andrew Ryan and it spent hours upon hours of truly picking into their every crevice. This game never feels like it develops as deep as the original, but I think it may be because of the massive scope of theology, ideology, and Scientific theoryThe original was an incredible game and truly groundbreaking in the first person shooter market. The original created Rapture, Atlas, Jack, and Andrew Ryan and it spent hours upon hours of truly picking into their every crevice. This game never feels like it develops as deep as the original, but I think it may be because of the massive scope of theology, ideology, and Scientific theory that is is trying to delve into. If all you are looking for is a CoD or Battlefield clone, this is not that game. The shooting isn't its best feature, the skyline doesn't quite work that great on consoles, and it wasn't until late in the game that I felt like using Vigors. Although Bucking Bronco and Undertow are incredible fun to play with. I cannot remember another game I have ever played that asked such deep questions, or left me sitting in the chair just taking a deep breath and trying to understan the scale of everything I just saw. Sure, there are times that it became a little convoluted, and if you want you can claim you saw it coming. You didn't see all of it coming, but believe whatever you want. I have just never played a game that had such real world social commentary, and asked made you think so deeply. The spectacle that is the end can be seen based on how polarized it has left many of the reviews. I think the problem is that people are trying to say, they have already seen this kind of stuff in books, or expected it to have RPG elements or some random other aspects that were never meant to be in the game. Anyways, my point is while books and film have had the same elements, this is the first game I have ever seen to push the genre further and it was refreshing. I look forward to anything else Ken Levine can come up with as this was a truly amazing experience and I could not put it down from the second I picked it up. It did not do very much to make itself better than Bioshock 1, however Bioshock 1 was perfect, so I don't know how it could have.

I just have to add this, why exactly does this game have to give you free roam? Why should it be open world, why should it have open ended decisions that massively change the story? Why are you expecting this game to be exactly like other games? Also, if you are down voting this game based on graphics, please leave. If someone reviews games based on looking pretty, I doubt they understood this game anyways. Ken Levine wanted to make films, that is why he moved to California. So, this game was never really designed to be the best shooter on the market. It basically is there to tell a very deep and intense story and the best format for telling said story is through a first person medium.
  24. Mar 26, 2013
    This is more than just a great game, it is a great work of art. The game is executed in a way that only can be done through video games. If this were a movie it wouldn't work. This is the game that may bring respect to videogames as an art form.
  25. Mar 26, 2013
    Simply AMAZING. I can't get enough of this game. It's perfection. Or near perfection at least. It's so beautiful, clever and fun. Stunning job from the guys over at Irrational. Good job!
  26. Apr 5, 2013
    Last of the greats in this generation of gaming. I can only hope for there to be another Bioshock. I can go on about it's superb story, visuals, and gameplay; but I'm sure you've seen enough praise.
  27. Mar 27, 2013
    After playing this game I have one word to describe how I feel about it. Wow; it was one of the most fascinating and well thought out games that I've ever had the pleasure of getting my fingers on. It runs well on a wide variety of machines and my goodness the ending? It will set your brain on fire. I'd like to congratulate Irrational Games on this monumental triumph and I have to say IAfter playing this game I have one word to describe how I feel about it. Wow; it was one of the most fascinating and well thought out games that I've ever had the pleasure of getting my fingers on. It runs well on a wide variety of machines and my goodness the ending? It will set your brain on fire. I'd like to congratulate Irrational Games on this monumental triumph and I have to say I look forward to more Bioshock in the future and maybe if we're lucky we can see more of Booker Dewitt and Elizabeth. Expand
  28. Mar 30, 2013
    Felt like I was playing an Disney Pixar movie at times. Plot is mind bending but seems legit. It was a huge improvement over first two Bioshocks. The world is fun and colorful as opposed to claustrophobic and dark.
  29. Aug 20, 2014
    Though not as gritty as the previous two installments, Bioshock Infinate still boasts a brilliant cohesive storyline with well drawn-out characters and a setting that is visually impressive. The graphics are great, the voice acting is great, the ending is convoluted and confusing but its the score that helped me get through the game. The score is none-short of amazing.

Overall the game

Overall the game isn't as good as the previous two but it's still a fantastic game with vast improvements and a great AI system where the AI actually help you out and not get in the way of thing.
  30. Apr 4, 2013
    This is by far one of the best single player experiences in recent memory. The gameplay is fun, the story is fantastic and well executed, and you actually care about the characters. That's rare in games these days, but Bioshock Infinite pulls it off wonderfully. I am a fan of the Bioshock series in general, and now after playing though Infinite, and again in 1999 mode, I can honestly sayThis is by far one of the best single player experiences in recent memory. The gameplay is fun, the story is fantastic and well executed, and you actually care about the characters. That's rare in games these days, but Bioshock Infinite pulls it off wonderfully. I am a fan of the Bioshock series in general, and now after playing though Infinite, and again in 1999 mode, I can honestly say this is my favorite of the trilogy. I am an older gamer, of the Atari generation, and still a hardcore gamer to this day. I have played so many games over the years that I am no longer easily impressed or engrossed by a game anymore. So I have to give kudos to the devs on Bioshock Infinite, they did it. An easy 10 out of 10. Expand
  31. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is nothing short but amazing. It's story will impact you for years to come, as it goes so deep into the human spirit that it is destined to leave a mark.
  32. Mar 29, 2013
    It is impossible to play through this game and think that video games cannot be art. From beginning to end, Bioshock Infinite is a wonder to behold. The attention to detail placed on every single aspect of the game is stunning, with everything, from lighting, to timing, to music, and all the visuals in game directed solely toward realizing Ken Levine's creative vision. Bioshock Infinite isIt is impossible to play through this game and think that video games cannot be art. From beginning to end, Bioshock Infinite is a wonder to behold. The attention to detail placed on every single aspect of the game is stunning, with everything, from lighting, to timing, to music, and all the visuals in game directed solely toward realizing Ken Levine's creative vision. Bioshock Infinite is the Mona Lisa of video games. Expand
  33. Mar 26, 2013
    Would you kindly play this game? This by far is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years of gaming. When I walked out of that capsule and those lit candles with the soothing music behind it I knew this game was going somewhere. This is art this is what this generations needed for a ending of this generation consoles. I can now say this is added to the list of great games made by aWould you kindly play this game? This by far is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years of gaming. When I walked out of that capsule and those lit candles with the soothing music behind it I knew this game was going somewhere. This is art this is what this generations needed for a ending of this generation consoles. I can now say this is added to the list of great games made by a genius company. Great job irrational games. Every bit was worth playing this game. Expand
  34. Mar 27, 2013
    I liked the original Bioshock games but wasn't a huge huge fan of them like some people. I wasn't super hyped for this game (no unrealistic explanations of "OMG GUYS, this is going to be the best game ever!!") but I was definitely excited. Just finished this morning after staying up all night and wow. Wow, was it worth it.

Very unique gameplay. Incredible sound design (there is

Very unique gameplay. Incredible sound design (there is something that just draws you in about the sound: all of it is very realistic and well done), great setting, great characters, great story. One of the first games that I've felt was actually worth its initial box price in a long, long time.
  35. Mar 30, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a gaming treasure that I implore anyone to check out. Excellent storytelling matched with a unique feeling of belonging. The period of alternate 1920 also adds a unique spin on modern American politics.
  36. Mar 30, 2013
    So many thoughts, and so many emotions, and often its impossible to discern one from another. I don't know how to describe it, but video games aren't known to make you feel this way. Then again, BioShock was never known from taking the well-traveled road. Be glad it doesn't.
  37. Mar 27, 2013

Just amazing! The world feels so alive, the gameplay is fun and the exploration and story telling is unforgettable! I was drawn right in from the beginning listening to the unimportant AI to the amazing story telling audio logs. I can't really say much more than this game was amazing! Good job Irrational! Hope to see another in the series just as good or even better!
  38. Mar 30, 2013
    In every way a worthy successor to Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite has a case to even be a better overall game as well. It has a great combination of gameplay, imagery, plot, and characters. The game is simply beautiful and proves that you don't always need more polygons to make a good looking game. The imagery and art design is excellent and really makes me want to argue that video gamesIn every way a worthy successor to Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite has a case to even be a better overall game as well. It has a great combination of gameplay, imagery, plot, and characters. The game is simply beautiful and proves that you don't always need more polygons to make a good looking game. The imagery and art design is excellent and really makes me want to argue that video games truly are art. Throughout the entire game I wanted to explore every nook and cranny for all the subtle details in the art and environment.

The gameplay mechanics are not wildly innovative from previous Bioshock games, with Vigors now replacing Plasmids, but more polished. You same combination of firearms and powers is still as fun in Infinite as it was in Bioshock. However, Infinite boasts sky hook lines, which are sort of rail lines that you can attach yourself onto to travel around a level faster and jump/attack down onto enemies. Furthermore, your ally, Elizabeth, can open tears, which are portals into other dimensions, and bring in stuff from those worlds: such as health, ammo, or allies to help fight your enemies. I should also note that although you are escorting your AI partner Elizabeth throughout most of the game, she never becomes a burden to watch over. Once the shooting starts, Elizabeth knows how to take care of herself so you can focus on fighting the bad guys, and she will even throw you health packs, ammo, or Salts (magic potions essentially) throughout the battle when she sees you are getting low.

Storytelling and character wise, this is up there with the likes of the Half Life series in setting the tone on how to tell stories in a first person shooter. Booker is excellent as the Player Character, but it is Elizabeth who really steals the show as the story's protagonist. She is one of my favorite video game characters of all time now, Irrational Games succeeded and creating a likeable, personable, strong character in Elizabeth. Gender aside she is simply a great character. From racism, working class struggles, religious extremism, violent revolutions, and metaphysics, Bioshock Infinite covers a whole lot of ground with their themes, and I personally never felt it was too overwhelming. However, the metaphysical aspect is certainly a subject that I could see getting confusing, especially if you have been rushing through the game and not picking up voxophones and other subtlties that realy add to the story telling. It's not until many hours into the game when you discover just why it's called Bioshock "infinite." However, unlike some other recent games I did not feel the twists or the ending soiled the game. In fact by the time I got to the end it felt like the logical conclusion. All in all Bioshock Infinite is a triumph of art and storytelling in gaming. Words like "magnificent," "spectacular," and "amazing" come to mind. Simply put, PLAY THIS GAME.
  39. Mar 26, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played and a fantastic continuation of the shock series, which has yet to really disappoint. It is a return to form after Bioshock 2, and with the lack of multiplayer and a more intricate singleplayer experience that is quite evident.
  40. Mar 26, 2013
    "The lord judges, I act."
    This is a spoiler free review. I won't touch the story-line it's epic and I'll end it at that.
    "The lord judges, I act."
    I'm loving Infinite so far. But as a long time BioShock fan I must say the graphics are mildly disappointing. Especially if you lurk around in every corner of the game. The flowers, the fruits, walls etc. just look like they were rushed up during development. That's the only part which is bad about the game.
    The guns, they are so well balanced. For every different heavy hitter you WILLL need a different technique. I found out that the hard way, haha! The Vigor combos and Vigor Gun damage combos are epic. The Vigor themselves don't feel OP so you'll constantly have to use different ones at different times.
    I played the Industrial revolution, and well I personally feel that the rewards, specially the early 500$ you get from completing IR will give you an edge early on as you can quickly buy health kits, salt and ammo. But that's ok.
    Music is just mind blowing. Literally mind blowing.
    Elizabeth and here gossips are epic. Don't consider here a fancy-dandy superwomen without brains, she's bloody smart, and helps a lot.
    Still think they could have done the game graphically a bit much better.
    Anyhow that probably shouldn't keep me from giving BS: Infinite a 10/10.
    Also, any idiot voting 0s or 1s is probably trolling around without having actually played the game.
  41. Mar 29, 2013
    Have not seen better game since original Bioshock of new era. This is a masterpiece no matter what anyone personal feeling of setup is. Game works as a game it keep you with the game world as game should, mechanics works pretty well, although, as an shooter it's a bit choppy time to time, but since you just wanna see more of it it doesn't even bother. The engine sense I think graphicsHave not seen better game since original Bioshock of new era. This is a masterpiece no matter what anyone personal feeling of setup is. Game works as a game it keep you with the game world as game should, mechanics works pretty well, although, as an shooter it's a bit choppy time to time, but since you just wanna see more of it it doesn't even bother. The engine sense I think graphics looks great they could of done better job at optimizing it as running pretty heavy setups and yet can't get ultra or even very high to work in playable fps tells me something could of been done better. I'll rate this 10 any day over stuff I have seen in past 2 years in gaming. Hell, having hard time to even compare this at old school shooters which were good as this one, but this sure will be one of golden pieces in gaming history remembered for whole year 2013. Expand
  42. Mar 30, 2013
    It has been far far too long that the gaming industry has creating a game with such an excellent story and characters. If fact, it has probably been since HL2. The graphics are great and the gameplay is very fun and fast but the real magic lies in the art, story, music and unforgettable characters that creates probably one of if not the best game of the decade. I am usually quite harshIt has been far far too long that the gaming industry has creating a game with such an excellent story and characters. If fact, it has probably been since HL2. The graphics are great and the gameplay is very fun and fast but the real magic lies in the art, story, music and unforgettable characters that creates probably one of if not the best game of the decade. I am usually quite harsh with games since it has been a common practice for developers to shove out the same garbage year after year with little to no creativity or ingenuity but this game is one of those rare gems that surface every once in a blue moon. While not overly long it is still in my opinion a perfect length. I found myself not wanting to go to fast because I wanted to savor the story! Elisabeth is one of the most engaging female characters I have encountered since Alex Vance. There are few games that deserve a 10/10 but this is absolutely one of them. Expand
  43. Mar 30, 2013
    I never invested much time in the original BioShock games, so I came to BioShock Infinite with some what mild expectations and was half hopeful it would keep me entertained one afternoon. The game delivered that and much, much more. The story is a bit of a mind-twister, but adds to the allure that few if any games ever accomplishes. The gameplay is a roller coaster ride, and while I sayI never invested much time in the original BioShock games, so I came to BioShock Infinite with some what mild expectations and was half hopeful it would keep me entertained one afternoon. The game delivered that and much, much more. The story is a bit of a mind-twister, but adds to the allure that few if any games ever accomplishes. The gameplay is a roller coaster ride, and while I say that almost literally, there is so much going on that kept me entertained for hours on end. The graphics, while some might argue are outdone by other games in the FPS genre, are in my opinion, still freaking brilliant. The characters are also quite lively, especially Elizabeth, of whom probably belongs on some list for the best female NPCs ever made. While I hate to do this in a review, I simply cannot resist giving this game a 10/10. It is awesome! Expand
  44. Mar 27, 2013
    I don't know how else to put it. But this is probably one of the best games I have ever played. I didn't really know what to expect, with how games that come out now are unfinished to the point where it isn't even playable (See: SimCity). But man I was blown away by this. The story is incredible, and the atmosphere is so immersive. I can't explain it better than the other reviewers alreadyI don't know how else to put it. But this is probably one of the best games I have ever played. I didn't really know what to expect, with how games that come out now are unfinished to the point where it isn't even playable (See: SimCity). But man I was blown away by this. The story is incredible, and the atmosphere is so immersive. I can't explain it better than the other reviewers already have. Every positive review about this game is true. Expand
  45. Mar 29, 2013
    probably THE best game i played in my life its not the game of the year its the game of the decade.
    This game is a masterpiece something that will last for life.
  46. Mar 29, 2013
    I don't love awarding games a Ten out of Ten. But this game is masterful. It is a first person shooter with an incredible setting, wonderful story, great protagonists and fun gameplay. The shooting might not be the best ever, but the awesome set design combined with the Vigor Power Ups create some of the best combat you'll ever experience. Furthermore, you play a true character! BookerI don't love awarding games a Ten out of Ten. But this game is masterful. It is a first person shooter with an incredible setting, wonderful story, great protagonists and fun gameplay. The shooting might not be the best ever, but the awesome set design combined with the Vigor Power Ups create some of the best combat you'll ever experience. Furthermore, you play a true character! Booker DeWitt talks, a lot actually. Elizabeth is the best AI partner I've ever seen. She may not fight in the combat, but she is responsive, never glitches, and feels natural. Also, she is super helpful! But she is not just great AI, she's one of the best characters in gaming. You care for her, and yes, you care for Booker as well. The story is crazy. Even when you think it will become cliche, it doesn't. And the ending is unprecedented. It's told in the best way ever, No video game ending made me this emotional. I'm not even a Bioshock fanboy! I didn't play the first one until I finished this one (which is another great game). Overall, get this game. Any one giving it bad scores is not justified. It's okay if you feel it's not revolutionary like most of us. But don't say stuff that doesn't make sense just to sound justified. Whatever. I loved it, and a 9.1 user score shows that not even MetaTrolls will taint this great game like they did with ME3( I give that a 8/10, was disappointed, but still respect it). Bioshock Infinite is not perfect. Why can't we hold more than two weapons? Why can't we upgrade how many vigors we can hold? Why do we have to look at a specific place to attach to a skyline? Still, these little nibbles are excusable. This is right there with the classics. Oh, and definitely, the story here is one of the best you will ever experience (books, films, or gaming). 10/10 for sure. Expand
  47. Apr 4, 2013
    The thing that I love most about Infinite is it brings back classic gameplay while still innovating, sure you may not like the backtracking or the lack of hand holding, but this game was not made for casual players. This game was a masterpiece from start to finish, it clued you in to certain events subtly while providing additional details in the hidden collectibles. It pushed you to goThe thing that I love most about Infinite is it brings back classic gameplay while still innovating, sure you may not like the backtracking or the lack of hand holding, but this game was not made for casual players. This game was a masterpiece from start to finish, it clued you in to certain events subtly while providing additional details in the hidden collectibles. It pushed you to go out of your way if you wanted to discover all the pieces of the puzzle. The gameplay had you make choices constantly and hard or 1999 mode flying around the battlefield picking up any weapon you could get your hands on. A game that makes you think yet challenges your every decision, that is what makes this a perfect game.

P.S. I would go into the fantastic voice acting, breathtaking environments, game defining companion, and the absolutely sensational soundtrack, not to mention THAT ending, but I need to finish 1999 mode. Do yourself a favor and play this game at some point because it will change the way you think about games.
  48. Mar 26, 2013
    I got this, along with Bioshock (previously owned, never completed), Bioshock 2 and apparently a code for xcom enemy unknow aswell, for 45$, needless to say I have gotten more than full value for the money here. Having been sucked into Infinite's universe (having been mesmerized for up to 7 hours), I can say that I will finally finish 1 and start playing number 2 aswell, as soon as I haveI got this, along with Bioshock (previously owned, never completed), Bioshock 2 and apparently a code for xcom enemy unknow aswell, for 45$, needless to say I have gotten more than full value for the money here. Having been sucked into Infinite's universe (having been mesmerized for up to 7 hours), I can say that I will finally finish 1 and start playing number 2 aswell, as soon as I have played infinite, once or twice, or thrice. This game is so good it beggars belief, just get it. The only thing I can point fingers at is the texture work, it could use a loving hand to be honest. Other than that, the atmosphere, the sound score, the gun play, the vigor play, the connection gameplay wise with Elizabeth, the story, the aesthetics and graphics (other than texture work) are all top of the line.

Until now I thought Tomb Raider would run with the game of the year title, it is a contender, but I have a slight feeling that this will run with it. It is definitely the better game in my book, although it is most definitely worth it to own both! And you should, own both.
  49. Mar 27, 2013
    Amazing game first one i have playing in years that i didn't want to end. i took my time playing the game as i wanted to see all the details it had to offer and loved listening to what the people had to say in the world.

Graphics/Art Style are perfect and it has the game play to match. Story great as well you end up caring what happens to the characters in the game. If you going to

Graphics/Art Style are perfect and it has the game play to match.

If you going to play it start on hard as it not that challenging.
  50. Mar 26, 2013
    Long and short of this: This is my game of the year already. The game is a ton of fun and extremely beautiful with such rich and detailed areas. The voice-acting is just top-notch and the story itself, well, it takes you in little by little and lets you experiences the story as a outsider and really draws you in. My gun-play with the new power system is old enough to be nostalgic but justLong and short of this: This is my game of the year already. The game is a ton of fun and extremely beautiful with such rich and detailed areas. The voice-acting is just top-notch and the story itself, well, it takes you in little by little and lets you experiences the story as a outsider and really draws you in. My gun-play with the new power system is old enough to be nostalgic but just fresh enough to be a fun experiences. If you are new to Bioshock and enjoy story and shooters, A MUST PICK UP.

If you are familiar with Bioshock, YOU WILL ENJOY THIS.

The middle is a bit padded but this game is easily one of the best games I have every played. It is up with my favorites and thats a hard bar to reach. GOTY already and its only March folks Do yourself the favor and pick up this absolute gem of a game.
  51. Apr 4, 2013
    It feels like you are playing a movie but three times longer and better. Amazing graphics, Amazing story. Not a single game out there made me care more a bout a certain character than bioshock infinate did. Masterpiece
  52. May 3, 2013
    In my 29 years of gaming I have never felt more engaged by a story and a setting. This game has changed my expectations permanently. I have never been so immersed in a gaming experience.
  53. Mar 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is the best game I have experienced in 20 years of gaming. This game is brilliant, simply said and raises the bar to a new level of quality never before seen in gaming history. Have I mentioned how much I love this game.
  54. Mar 30, 2013
    Believe the hype. Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. The developers at Irrational Games have managed to provide yet another masterpiece to the gaming community, and this one will be talked about for years to come. It's a visually stunning accomplishment with an excellent narrative that challenges you to question the nature of life, death, and ultimately, your own reality
  55. Mar 26, 2013
    All I gotta say is its breathtaking with a rich imagination.
    Not to mention Irrational take risks that few other companies take.
    It's nice to see a company recognize history accurately.
  56. Apr 2, 2013
    i'm fan of Bioshock (2007) and was really excited about infinite.Now when iv played it i think its one of the best games of all time whit original bioshock and i feel sad for people who can't understand it greatness cuz when they will see or experience something that good (movie, music, painting, book, video game) they will miss some good feeling.
  57. Apr 2, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is one of those rare games that comes along with a story worth telling. More than that. This story is one that deserves telling, and the only way it can do that is for you to play it. No friend's retelling, or Wikipedia synopsis can ever come close to the experience the floating city of Columbia brings, and no YouTube video of the ending scenes can convey the emotionBioShock Infinite is one of those rare games that comes along with a story worth telling. More than that. This story is one that deserves telling, and the only way it can do that is for you to play it. No friend's retelling, or Wikipedia synopsis can ever come close to the experience the floating city of Columbia brings, and no YouTube video of the ending scenes can convey the emotion behind this brilliantly designed game. So please, would you kindly pick up this unforgettable piece of video game history? Expand
  58. Mar 27, 2013
    A beautiful masterpiece of a game. You could almost assume what the ratings would be upon just viewing the trailers. Irrational Games delivers in full, and then some. The amount of first rate writing and originality is all there in full, and it's much, much more than enough to make the game good. The graphics are breathtaking. The game mechanics are extremely well polished. It may not beA beautiful masterpiece of a game. You could almost assume what the ratings would be upon just viewing the trailers. Irrational Games delivers in full, and then some. The amount of first rate writing and originality is all there in full, and it's much, much more than enough to make the game good. The graphics are breathtaking. The game mechanics are extremely well polished. It may not be the game you'll play over and over like Team Fortress 2 or an Elder Scrolls game, but BioShock Infinite will still linger in your head after completion because the storytelling is just that good. Ken Levine, you know how to write a damn good story. Feel good about that. It could be a very long time until another game with this good of writing comes along again. It doesn't have the moral directions that Levine's BioShock 1 had, or what Jordan Thomas' BioShock 2 had (which wasn't AS good as BS1 or Infinite, but still a great game). I also found the game to be a bit short, but that's okay, because it might have felt like it dragged on a bit if it was longer, you never know. Overall, this is the kind of game every type of gamer should try before they die. Expand
  59. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is a perfection in just about every department. The story inspires a variety of emotions, it is complex and controversial but avoids many mistakes that others before have done in this genre. The graphics and artwork create an amazing atmosphere to make you feel like a part of the world and the changes in the story are perfectly reflected in the environment. The gameplay isThis game is a perfection in just about every department. The story inspires a variety of emotions, it is complex and controversial but avoids many mistakes that others before have done in this genre. The graphics and artwork create an amazing atmosphere to make you feel like a part of the world and the changes in the story are perfectly reflected in the environment. The gameplay is nothing special, but it is functional and very balanced. All powers and weapons have their strengths and weaknesses, making you actually have to plan what to use rather than zerg everything. All around this is one of the best games of all time and will probably remain at the top for a long time. Expand
  60. Mar 27, 2013
    Best game for last 5 years. Good Music, good and beauty graphics, perfect gameplay and amazing story with best ending i've seen ever! 10/10. And i think, I found my love. Elizabeth
  61. Mar 27, 2013
    An excellent FPS that freshens up the genre like it's 2 predecessors did. This is a work of art that excels in every area, a must buy for action game fans.
  62. Mar 29, 2013
    Great gameplay mechanics... challenging without being punishing (unless you want it to be) stunning visuals and hilarious voiceover quips throughout and in the end the storyline will leave you laughing out loud, saying "Whhhaaaattttt??!!!" as they take it somewhere amazing... all in all, amazingly well done... /golfclap to the whole development team
  63. Mar 26, 2013
    If it was possible to give a game an 11/10 then this would be it. Unlike Bioshock 2 this game is extremely original. It's also made by the same team who made the original Bioshock (aka highest rated FPS of all time). The game is polished, emotional, engaging and just breath taking. Just walking around the environments feels nice. Not only is this game of the year material, but it's alsoIf it was possible to give a game an 11/10 then this would be it. Unlike Bioshock 2 this game is extremely original. It's also made by the same team who made the original Bioshock (aka highest rated FPS of all time). The game is polished, emotional, engaging and just breath taking. Just walking around the environments feels nice. Not only is this game of the year material, but it's also literally the best video game I've played in the past 5 years. Expand
  64. Mar 30, 2013
    Fantastic game. The twist in the story alone is worth the price of admission, and when the last secrets of Bioshock Infinite emerged unexpectedly, my jaw literally hit the floor. Beautiful graphics and excellent use of the unreal engine. The gameplay while a little stripped down from the original dosnt diminish the quality present in the game and the skyhook you get to utilize later on inFantastic game. The twist in the story alone is worth the price of admission, and when the last secrets of Bioshock Infinite emerged unexpectedly, my jaw literally hit the floor. Beautiful graphics and excellent use of the unreal engine. The gameplay while a little stripped down from the original dosnt diminish the quality present in the game and the skyhook you get to utilize later on in the game is intense and fun to use. Elisabeth is an awesome character and by far my favourite female game character hands down. A ten out of ten in my opinion there really is nothing to complain about in this game. Expand
  65. May 16, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is a work of art. If you play it how it is meant to be played- by taking your time and exploring the game is extremely satisfying. The combat is fast paced and exciting but the best part is the story. The same level as a movie such as Inception. The game is beautiful and captivating.
  66. Mar 26, 2013
    Absolutely stunning piece of artwork, it shows that single player games are in fact alive and well. Irrational has yet to make a bad game in my opinion.
  67. Apr 3, 2013
    An amazing feat in story-telling. Bioshock Infinite will give you a mind blowing experience if you really give attention on it's story. I wanna give this game a 9.5, because the gameplay is a bit lackluster if you compare it to the story. The control is a bit weird for an FPS game, so a little bit of adaptation is required for playing. I died so many times because there's no radar here.
  68. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is amazing! The best Bioshok so far and the best FPS shooter of the year. The art style is awesome. Anna Maleva (Elizabeth) is so beutiful that I cant stop watching her in front of me. Its been awhile since my last enhoyment of the game's world. This game MUST be played on PC with graphics on MAX, otherwise it wont be that enjoyable. As for the plot.. maaan, most of scie-fieThis game is amazing! The best Bioshok so far and the best FPS shooter of the year. The art style is awesome. Anna Maleva (Elizabeth) is so beutiful that I cant stop watching her in front of me. Its been awhile since my last enhoyment of the game's world. This game MUST be played on PC with graphics on MAX, otherwise it wont be that enjoyable. As for the plot.. maaan, most of scie-fie movies lose to Bioshock in many fields. a MUST PLAY GAME OF THE YEAR! Expand
  69. Mar 26, 2013
    i dont like first-person shooters. For me Bioshock Infinite was like giving a second chance to a genre that i usually dont touch with a stick. It promised stuff like nice story and appealing, unique graphics and it looked less violent and morbid than your usual shooters. i gave it a try and wasnt disappointed. Like in a great mystery book, nothing in story made sense for most part of thei dont like first-person shooters. For me Bioshock Infinite was like giving a second chance to a genre that i usually dont touch with a stick. It promised stuff like nice story and appealing, unique graphics and it looked less violent and morbid than your usual shooters. i gave it a try and wasnt disappointed. Like in a great mystery book, nothing in story made sense for most part of the game, but in the end... lets just say i became permanently stupid. my brain is now damaged by the shocking ending. i've read lots of shocking books with crazy twists, but experiencing this in a first person shooter game? wow. damn. Expand
  70. Nov 7, 2013
    This is one of the special ones. Very nice atmosphere and a strong emotional concept to it. I never felt those cind of feelings in a game before, so this is the first game that i would rate 100 emotionaly. It really delivers a great experience with innovative and original leveldesign.
  71. Mar 26, 2013
    Now this is what i call a good PC game. This is not no sad port of a console game, this is a righteous PC game the likes of Bioshock 1. It runs like a gem, beautifully, gracefully, it feels like a proper FPS, the graphics and artwork is marvellous and top-notch. The story pulls you right into it. I could not stop playing for 5 hours. It is just that breath-taking. This is an absolute MUSTNow this is what i call a good PC game. This is not no sad port of a console game, this is a righteous PC game the likes of Bioshock 1. It runs like a gem, beautifully, gracefully, it feels like a proper FPS, the graphics and artwork is marvellous and top-notch. The story pulls you right into it. I could not stop playing for 5 hours. It is just that breath-taking. This is an absolute MUST PLAY title for this year. Expand
  72. Oct 27, 2013
    Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot.Okay, seriously. You cannot say that the creativity was nonexistent in this gem. Bioshock Infinite was by far one of the best story-driven game I've played in recent memory. The combat in this game was very fun, the voice acting was superb, but did I mention the story was absolutely incredible? I literally couldn't leave this game untouched for a minute because I was locked into the plot. So, I'll just leave it as this: this game will not leave your psych for days after you have completed the game. Expand
  73. Apr 1, 2013
    the produers of bioshock are back with another great adventure for you to experience. the first minutes draw me in and it worked. graphics and story are interesting and on a high level. i think one of the best games lately!
  74. Mar 27, 2013
    The Greatest game I have ever played. This made me so happy to play, every step the story took was better than the last, it did nothing wrong. Both Booker and Elizabeth are written perfectly, the game-play is fresh and exciting especially the skyline fighting. This blew me away, I'm speechless. Thank-you Ken and thank-you Irrational Games!
  75. Mar 29, 2013
    If you don't bother to pay attention to the story, or search for voxaphones for extra details you will have trouble understanding the story. The game world is one of the best I have been in and most definitely rivals Rapture.

The antagonists of this game for me personally aren't as like-able as Andrew Ryan was for example but I believe that is because I could agree with some of Andrew Ryan's opinions.
    None the less the characters are very interesting and are fleshed out with plenty of history.

The gameplay is fluid and fun, I'm not sure how I feel about only 2 weapons at a time but this never detracted from my enjoyment. There are less powers then in Bioshock with only 8 in the game but they are balanced so that they all feel different and can work in harmony, using more then one power at a time to dispatch groups of enemies.

The sky-rail is fun to use and can help to get out of a pinch with easy controls, though to mention people who are prone motion sickness should be cautious because the sky-lines feel very similar to a roller coaster.
    The controls themselves are very nice for mouse and keyboard, with a rebind-able keys and the option to turn off mouse acceleration.
    There is no map and the levels can get very big so getting lost can happen, this is where the navigation system comes in. Press N and an arrow will point the way which will help when you go exploring.

I want to get invested into the game and story, if you want to feel something for the characters the game allows for that. I wants that but if you just want to play another fps and kill some people, it allows for that as well. Though remember if you chose the latter, don't criticise the story because it will only make you look silly because this game has a great story and won't disappoint.
  76. Mar 31, 2013
    Fantastic game; great story, very rich and developed world, good gameplay with significant improvements from Bioshock 1 and 2, and a mind blowing ending. In short nothing less than what I expected from a Bioshock game!
  77. Mar 26, 2013
    I have been highly anticipating this games release and it is finally here! Sat down last night and all I can say is WOW! Hats off to the developers on this one as it is just a masterpiece! The hype was worth it. If you love Bioshock you are going to love this game even if you haven't played Bioshock before you should get this game. The gameplay and visuals are astounding I cannotI have been highly anticipating this games release and it is finally here! Sat down last night and all I can say is WOW! Hats off to the developers on this one as it is just a masterpiece! The hype was worth it. If you love Bioshock you are going to love this game even if you haven't played Bioshock before you should get this game. The gameplay and visuals are astounding I cannot fault this game as I said all I can say is WOW! Expand
  78. Mar 26, 2013
    Right let's get one thing straight...
    I loved original bioshock, and number dissapointed to no end.
    Bioshock Infinite is good: 1. Gorgeous graphics 2. Average gameplay not overwhelming amount of effort has gone in to making the gameplay positive though at no point was it bad or unplayable, plus seen no glitches in full play through on day one since release. 3. Very short, very very
    Right let's get one thing straight...
    I loved original bioshock, and number dissapointed to no end.
    Bioshock Infinite is good:
    1. Gorgeous graphics
    3. Very short, very very short only about 8-10 hours of play is a bad point so know that it won't be a game that will last.
    4. Most importantly the story of this game is absolutely out of this world this game has the best story of any game released in recent history not to say it could easily trump most highly appraised games of old as well.
    So all in all if you are looking for a game with a lot of shooting and killing and such go back to playing COD kid this is a game for those of us who love a great narrative frankly I think this game could be the best game I have ever played, when it comes to story at least, and few games match the beautiful graphics that are jaw-dropping for even the most jaded players.

If anything give it a look and if you are not interested in playing it at least watch someone play through the thing so you know the story as it is worth seeing cuz it is amazing
  79. Mar 28, 2013
    Never before have I played a game that I can describe as beautiful in such an eclectic sense. Columbia looks absolutely stunning on the PC. The story is rich and provoking, keeping you guessing and revising your theories as you play. The final scenes will haunt you, driving you (or at least many) to the forums to absorb and discuss thoughts on the plot possibilities. The music isNever before have I played a game that I can describe as beautiful in such an eclectic sense. Columbia looks absolutely stunning on the PC. The story is rich and provoking, keeping you guessing and revising your theories as you play. The final scenes will haunt you, driving you (or at least many) to the forums to absorb and discuss thoughts on the plot possibilities. The music is captivating and enthralling, with all of its drama. With extra orchestral stabs to accent details such as how you finish an enemy, the experience really feels complete and integrated. The gameplay is familiar for fans of the previous Bioshock games, with new innovations to spice things up. Zipping around Columbia and dealing out devastating blows is both effective and immensely satisfying. No game is perfect, as no form of entertainment/art is immune to subjectivity but this game comes so close that it deserves a 10/10 for being worth every single coin spent on it. Expand
  80. Apr 8, 2013
    This game combines innovative shooter technology and familiar Bioshock game play into a fantastic triple A story that was worth every dollar. Your life is one of regret until you give it a play through.
  81. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is absolutely stunning! It's graphics, gameplay and story are top notch. I have not played a better game for a very long time now. A must play for any gamer.
  82. Apr 9, 2013
    This game has a really somber story, which is definitely not something that i like, but I do approve of it on a more technical level. The writing is some of the most intricate I've ever witnessed, and everything is a 'logical' progression of events that you can follow if you're not trying to finish the game at 4 AM. I have a love/hate relationship with Bioshock Infinite, but I also have toThis game has a really somber story, which is definitely not something that i like, but I do approve of it on a more technical level. The writing is some of the most intricate I've ever witnessed, and everything is a 'logical' progression of events that you can follow if you're not trying to finish the game at 4 AM. I have a love/hate relationship with Bioshock Infinite, but I also have to respect it, because what it did; it did near perfectly. Expand
  83. Mar 29, 2013
    By far the best game I've played in several years. I made a vow to myself that after a certain game, I would no longer buy games until I felt like the developer deserved that money; this one certainly did and will be purchasing it from Steam.

The story was brilliant, I was confused towards the end and by the time I finished the game everything wrapped itself up nicely and was overall very pleasing. The textures were great even at medium setting, those seeing underwhelming textures should play this game on a DX11 card, instead of a DX10 car like a lot of those complaining about subpar graphics, but having a subpar card... With the amount of abilities and weapons in this game, you can control the game play. Overall an incredible game.
  84. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. You have to love a game that is built not to please everyone, or to appeal to the biggest demographic of the lowest common denominator. Bioware Infinite is about a development team trying to realise their creative vision. This is a very fun shooter, but by no means is it the kind of shooter that is going to inspire thousands of hours of shooting.
  85. Mar 27, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game. Right at the top with the great games of our generation Dishonored and Skyrim. I'm playing on a high end PC so I will not bang on about the graphics as of course they are amazing but of course they would be when they utilise every pounds worth. Great story, simple but effective controls, personable characters, great scenery, great soundtrack...nuff said. MissAbsolutely fantastic game. Right at the top with the great games of our generation Dishonored and Skyrim. I'm playing on a high end PC so I will not bang on about the graphics as of course they are amazing but of course they would be when they utilise every pounds worth. Great story, simple but effective controls, personable characters, great scenery, great soundtrack...nuff said. Miss this miss out bigstyle. Expand
  86. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. You can clearly see a lot of time and effort was put into this game with all the small details in the environment and people. The graphics are amazing and runs silky smooth on my PC. The gameplay is fun with fast paced action and using powers called Vigors similar to Plasmids in the original Bioshock. The story is amazing and you will have to playBioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. You can clearly see a lot of time and effort was put into this game with all the small details in the environment and people. The graphics are amazing and runs silky smooth on my PC. The gameplay is fun with fast paced action and using powers called Vigors similar to Plasmids in the original Bioshock. The story is amazing and you will have to play through this game yourself to find out. Expand
  87. Apr 4, 2013
    An outstanding game with an exciting and engaging story, a beautiful, detailed environment, and a unique combat system. The exploration alone makes the game worth buying. The story and pacing are both done extremely well, without any nonsense moral decisions tacked on. The only reason to dislike this game is if it falls outside your personal tastes. This game is about the story and theAn outstanding game with an exciting and engaging story, a beautiful, detailed environment, and a unique combat system. The exploration alone makes the game worth buying. The story and pacing are both done extremely well, without any nonsense moral decisions tacked on. The only reason to dislike this game is if it falls outside your personal tastes. This game is about the story and the ability to explore every corner and rooftop of the immersive environment of Columbia. Players who can appreciate these things will not be disappointed. In addition, elements like tears and skylines give a fresh new take on combat this is enjoyable and a break from the repetitive nature of most new shooters these days. Overall, an excellent game. Stop reading and go play it. Expand
  88. Mar 29, 2013
    I knew Bioshock Infinite was going to be good, but an unrivaled masterpiece I didn't expect. A new standard not just for FPSs, but for all genres of gaming! Thank you Irrational Games and 2K for creating/publishing a game that's beyond reality as we know it!
  89. Mar 29, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game. Irrational are the best devs out there. I ran into not a single glitch in the 13 hours it took me to play through the game. The story is amazing. The gameplay is amazing. It's the best game of this generation.
  90. Apr 8, 2013
    Ok, so the game play is fantastic, i think we can all agree on that. The addition of Elizabeth to the combat system really kept things going at a nice pace, opening tears, deciding to open a cover tear or a turret tear, giving you the option of healing yourself or replenishing your plasmids (salts) on your own or letting Elizabeth do it for you. Overall, the aiming and shooting mechanicOk, so the game play is fantastic, i think we can all agree on that. The addition of Elizabeth to the combat system really kept things going at a nice pace, opening tears, deciding to open a cover tear or a turret tear, giving you the option of healing yourself or replenishing your plasmids (salts) on your own or letting Elizabeth do it for you. Overall, the aiming and shooting mechanic where spot on, so where the new plasmids introduced like the crows and water tentacle. Being able to carry only 2 weapons at a time was bothersome at first, until i found my ideal set up and just leveled them up. The skylines were great fun too, however i feel that they were not used to their fullest potential. Only real problem i had with it was that it was WAY to linear in comparison to older entries in the series. But yeah, over all, fantastic game play, best in the series by far.
    Presentation, the game looks stunning, really, even on my mid range PC, running this on very high it felt like a dream. It looks amazingly good. So much detail was put into everything you just have to stop and look at everything the game has to offer. Elizabeth is beautiful by the way, this goes without saying. The amount of love and care put into her character is very noticeable, from her facial expressions to the way she moves, she feels like straight out of a Pixar movie (An adult rated one mind you).
    Music, while not the best in the series (mainly due to the fact that the soundtrack is TOO SHORT), still offers up enough to satisfy my tastes. And what it lacks in quantity it sure makes up for in quality. BOY are there some fine pieces of music in this game: From classic-style versions of "new" songs to frenetic violin and strings in combat. Voice acting is top notch, i have talked a lot bout Elizabeth so far, but the main hero, who you play as, Booker Dewyt, was performed FANTASTICLY by the great Troy Baker, who has become an icon in the voice acting business by now. Everyone else were great as well, not a single voice feels out of place in the world of Columbia.
    Finaly, the story. OH BOY OH BOY. A fantastic narrative that was presented through great exposition without shoving too much info down your throat. Through the environments and character, it weaves an emotional tale without ever resorting to cut scenes or having to leave the perspective of Booker. Although i must admit, i hated the ending at first. It all felt like it was coming down to an amazing climax that left me not only sad but confused. This was partially my fault however, since i powered through the game in about 8 hours without paying too much attention to the story. However, after playing it a second time, paying close attention to the story and the world around me, i finaly understood the ending which i will not spoil, but DAMN, WATCH AFTER THE CREDITS PEOPLE, ITS WORTH IT. That being said, the tale that Irrational games have put together is breathtakingly good. Really, once i understood what the was going on by my second play through, i fell in love with it. The best advice i could give you is to not power through the game like i did, take your time, examine your surroundings, pay close attention to what is being said and you will really come to appreciate this fine work of art that is Bioshock Infinite. There are some problems, like the fact that its WAY too linear, short (if you power through it like i did) and confusing if you're not paying attention. But these are MINOR complaints, and this game deserves nothing less than a perfect score from me. 10/10
  91. Apr 1, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game. I highly recommend taking your time and finding all of the voxophones. Story is beautifully told. If you can play it on the PC then DO SO; it really brings out how beautiful the scenery is and the amount of detail they put in just make you just want to take screenshots and put it as a wallpaper.
  92. Mar 29, 2013
    Game of the year! Very interesting gameplay, nice level-design and great, memorable story. Very sad that most negative reviews here is about graphics. 10/10 must have!
  93. Mar 30, 2013
  94. Jul 10, 2013
    You beauty!
    For those who say this game is overrated, i suppose you're either new to video gaming or you've had such an overdose of COD that you can't tell the difference between a 'game' and a "STUNNER".
    i am totally blown. i am a big movie-buff and have watched 100's of sci-fi movies to judge a sci-fi plot. If this were made into a movie,it would sure as hell break plenty of records.
    You beauty!
    i am totally blown.
    i am a big movie-buff and have watched 100's of sci-fi movies to judge a sci-fi plot. If this were made into a movie,it would sure as hell break plenty of records. The graphics,gameplay and other stuff are great but what what really steals the show is the plot and especially the ending of the game.
    Too bad if you haven't bought it yet coz its worth every penny. If you're not one of those who like to replay the game on higher difficulty settings after beating it once, this game might change you're mind.
    PS: it was the first bioshock that i bought.i haven't played any of the the previous titles on any platform.
    I have so much to say about this game but let's not spoil the surprise for you. Live it yourself.
  95. Mar 27, 2013
    Probably the most amazing game I have played in the past 10 years every review that has given the game more than 9.5 is true; it really is THAT good. This game is almost like movie in how it is presented story-wise. There is so much depth within it that makes you wonder about the character development like no other game. The characters are so rich and fleshed out that they are like theyProbably the most amazing game I have played in the past 10 years every review that has given the game more than 9.5 is true; it really is THAT good. This game is almost like movie in how it is presented story-wise. There is so much depth within it that makes you wonder about the character development like no other game. The characters are so rich and fleshed out that they are like they are living flesh in blood that you care about. The combat is super smooth and, might I say, much better than the first 2 in the series. There is also a ton of customization in how you want to upgrade your vigors and your strengths. All-in-all, this game definitely deserves a 10/10.

Great job Irrational; great job indeed.
  96. Aug 28, 2013
    Amazing game; honestly this is probably my favourite game of all time. It's not for everyone; the change in tone from Rapture may irk some, and the game-play isn't the best of all time. For me though, I play games for the art and story, both of which are phenomenal in this game. The design, art, story, and character development (among other elements) take the standard for video games to aAmazing game; honestly this is probably my favourite game of all time. It's not for everyone; the change in tone from Rapture may irk some, and the game-play isn't the best of all time. For me though, I play games for the art and story, both of which are phenomenal in this game. The design, art, story, and character development (among other elements) take the standard for video games to a whole new level, and it was also nice that Irrational bothered to give the PC version the option of turning the texture quality up to ridiculous levels (it really improves the overall experience, the game is gorgeous on higher settings). Ken Levine is one of the greatest story tellers of our age, not just in video games. 10/10, my only complaint being a lack of multi-player (which I think could have been fantastic with all the different mechanics in the game), but the single player experience was honestly so brilliant, that I can completely live without it. Expand
  97. Mar 28, 2013
    If you're thinking to yourself "Meh, this is just another generic game" or something similar whoa, hold on. You didn't gave this game a chance at its entirety. I assure you will have extremely spectacular moments when playing this game. And for you guys who are currently seeking out for new solid challenges, be sure to play this game on hard difficulty. Also, if you have time to beat thisIf you're thinking to yourself "Meh, this is just another generic game" or something similar whoa, hold on. You didn't gave this game a chance at its entirety. I assure you will have extremely spectacular moments when playing this game. And for you guys who are currently seeking out for new solid challenges, be sure to play this game on hard difficulty. Also, if you have time to beat this game again, play on the infamous '1999 mode', which is the hardest difficulty level if you know the 'classic' konami code. This game is a must-have and definitely be on the list of top games of 2013. Expand
  98. Mar 27, 2013
    MASTERPIECE FLAWLESS, REMARKABLE, BREATHTAKING, UNTHINKABLE, DIVINE, PERFECTION. I can muster a thousand words that try to accomplish what this game entitles. But only you can experience what it beholds. To say a must buy would only tarnish it's beauty. To say it's plot would only corrupt it's experience. To say it replay-ability is an unknown to what presents in quantity. The reality isMASTERPIECE FLAWLESS, REMARKABLE, BREATHTAKING, UNTHINKABLE, DIVINE, PERFECTION. I can muster a thousand words that try to accomplish what this game entitles. But only you can experience what it beholds. To say a must buy would only tarnish it's beauty. To say it's plot would only corrupt it's experience. To say it replay-ability is an unknown to what presents in quantity. The reality is this, that I of a gamer, have never written a review that I could not forsake a flaw that I identified in game play. For my wish is to find an error, but such a circumstance I cannot find. Irrational Games is the holy grail of life, the one I always wished to find. Now I have the experience to witness at least it's mortality of beauty. Thank Irrational Game, you have made my gaming experience, not for a decade, but a life time of gaming memories...................

VIRUS
  99. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is a must, unless you're brainwashed player who claims that graphics>everything else. It's really hard to describe what I've felt after finishing this game. No words can describe it. Usually i'm very disappointed by modern game industry. But this game, is something else. You can feel this game. Buy it.
  100. Mar 26, 2013
    I had doubts before preordering the game, but I gave it a shot, since I loved the bioshock games from the past, and I always liked the atmosphere which is unique to this game, no game has this kind of graphics, and sounds, and environment.
    The gameplay, as always, fun to play, and not to easy, but possible, (not like those games that you die a thousand times to move on).
    In addition to
    In addition to that, you have a unique companion, that aids you in many ways, Elizabeth will through you a coin she found, or a shotgun when you are out of ammo, also, her character is something I never saw, she moves along with you, not after you, she interacts with the world, like it was real, she would tell you her opinion or just go around and look.

If you love singleplayer games, and are looking for something fresh that no other game can offer, give this a shot, you won't be disappointed.

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]