8.5

1. Mar 28, 2013
    Four hours into the game and I am still not convinced. Loved the trailers and hoped for a great experience, but it still feels awkward, somehow untouchable. For me, it's like walking and fighting through a picture which has a cartoon-ques look with brutal content and no soul, no vibe, no grounding, just a lot of details. I will not complain about the rosebushes made of "concrete", theFour hours into the game and I am still not convinced. Loved the trailers and hoped for a great experience, but it still feels awkward, somehow untouchable. For me, it's like walking and fighting through a picture which has a cartoon-ques look with brutal content and no soul, no vibe, no grounding, just a lot of details. I will not complain about the rosebushes made of "concrete", the birds who are able to fly under water and through statues or the washy pixels when you get closer to walls or any other objects. The graphics are not sensational, but OK. The disturbing part is, that they are supporting the strange atmosphere of this game by blocking you to immerse into it. I hope for the better in the hours to come, but I have little hope that I will warm up. What a shame. Expand
  2. Mar 30, 2013
    the game would have been better if it just didn't have a plot, but the "PLOT" which was written by a few english majors who got high and read wikipedia leaves a pretty bitter aftertaste in your mouth to what was already a mediocre run and gun game with okay visuals
  3. Jun 13, 2014
    I'm another one not getting the hype. Sure, the graphics look good (even though that impression is created more through the use of trickery than actually beautiful textures but that's fine with me) and the setting is very interesting, but you never get to explore any of it. You move through a linear series of shooting scenes against poor AI using a clumsy feeling protagonist. The game isI'm another one not getting the hype. Sure, the graphics look good (even though that impression is created more through the use of trickery than actually beautiful textures but that's fine with me) and the setting is very interesting, but you never get to explore any of it. You move through a linear series of shooting scenes against poor AI using a clumsy feeling protagonist. The game is most interesting when you aren't shooting at things and that's a problem for a shooter. The story promises real depth but then abandons all that for shooting and drama, it never reaches real depth.

If you're a fan of shooters, the action here will likely bore you and feel too easy, if you're a fan of sandbox environments and fascinating settings, you'll be frustrated by how you're not allowed to actually explore anything yourself and if you're a fan of adventure game story-telling, all the useless shooting will probably ruin the experience for you.
  4. Mar 26, 2013
    I fell for the hype and bought it because of all the rave reviews but didn't like it at all. A mediocre shooter at best with dated graphics and uninteresting setting and story.
  5. Mar 29, 2013
    This isn't Bioshock- It's pretty, it's nice, the art style is fantastic. But this is not Bioshock, this is incredibly dumbed down linear cut and dry with the name Bioshock slapped on it.

No lockpicking, no hacking, no puzzles, no upgrading. Furthermore it's JUST a game, enemies will shoot you when they can't see you. Run randomly to outflank you when they have no idea where you are they will run THROUGH your bullets to take 'cover' they randomly simulate what a person would do in a firefight.

It's terrible, any hope you have of being immersed is constantly stolen from you. As you are constantly reminded not only is this a game- it's JUST a game. As a movie this would be fantastic, as an adventure game even better. But as a FPS with the Bioshock name on it? Absolute nonsense.
  6. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is not very good if you actually like enjoying game process instead of watching poorly animated NPC, engaging frustrating half-assed combat and exploring boring railed levels without any glimpse of interactivity. It's a fun watching people saying how good this game is without saying what actually was good (Hint: NOTHING). This game is very mediocre shooter with sorta good, butThis game is not very good if you actually like enjoying game process instead of watching poorly animated NPC, engaging frustrating half-assed combat and exploring boring railed levels without any glimpse of interactivity. It's a fun watching people saying how good this game is without saying what actually was good (Hint: NOTHING). This game is very mediocre shooter with sorta good, but inconsistent graphics (good fx, somewhat limited models, ugly foliage, terrible animation). Expand
  7. May 17, 2013
    What's all the hype about with this game?! I'm a seasoned FPS gamer, and have played all previous Bioshock games. I found this incarnation to be the weakest from the series by far, so much so I've actually stopped playing before even completing it...and doubt I'll ever go back to do so.

The graphics are ok, certainly not revolutionary or ground breaking. All the shimmering and light bloom is just smoke and mirrors to obscure you from the fact that the environments are pretty uninteresting and repetitive, with bad models and textures. Models are shamelessly repeated throughout the levels (you shoot the same guy dead about 1000 times by the game end).

Gameplay is slow I felt, and ridiculously easy, even on harder settings. Weapons and modding was dull and uninventive, nothing new here. Bad guys came at you in the same form over and over again, with terrible AI leading them to certain death in the same way over and over again. I wasn't captivated by the story, which seemed a bit bizarre and disjointed. The characters weren't intriguing and I felt no attachment to them, even hours in.

A vastly overrated game, hyped up by an expensive media campaign, but ultimately shallow and generic.
  8. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I mean, if nothing else the game certainly looks nice, the visual aesthetic is great. That being said, the rest of the game is pretty bad compared to Bioshock 1 and is absolutely wiped out by SS2. There are three different variations on a machine gun and three different variants on a grenade launcher alone. I actually feel like I'm playing Halo in the sky with this one move from one wide-open area with obvious cover and spawning generic enemies to kill, then move to the next and repeat. Oh, and don't forget Elizabeth, who you either have to comfort every ten minutes or who throws you health and ammo like nobody's business because god forbid there's a little bit of challenge. Not to mention the needlessly complicated time travel 2deep4u plot with, guess what, a twist halfway through the game! Oh man, it's almost like we didn't see this coming because Ken Levine hasn't put this in two famous games already! Why Halo 4 has a 6.9 user score but this has a 9.0 is beyond me when they both suffer from the same problems. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the completely subtle message of Booker immediately becoming a racist dick upon being baptized. Nice job with the subtlety, Ken. Expand
  9. May 15, 2013
    A VERY mediocre and average game probably the most over-hyped game of recent times.

If I see a review on an established gaming site and see a game given a rating of 9.0/10, I'd would expect a game which would capture me from start to end, with plenty of new ideas, amazing graphics and story, a game you simply cannot put down until you played it to the end. Bioshock Infinite is a

Bioshock Infinite is a very average "run off the mill" shooter where you do what gamers do and did already for decades in first person shooters and there is nothing remotely innovative or new. The combat very quickly becomes extremely boring. The story is "bizarre" while at the same time, just a rehash of other, similar stories in countless FPS. Graphics are overall a joke, someone called it rightfully a "last gen" game. The only thing speaking for it are some "interesting" ways how the engine makes use of lights, but still from a technical perspective the graphics are abysmal, low poly-count characters/objects etc.

What bugged me most about this game was not only that it was a sub-average shooter with no new ideas, but that the player is forced to play in the same environment (that city) for the entire time. I became quickly tired of the appearance of the city which AT FIRST (right in the beginning!) was full of life, but later on becomes boring with repeated elements, the same mobs, the same weapons etc..etc..

I only had one "Oh Great!" moment, this was all the way in the beginning of the game where you enter that fair with all the characters and are eager just to stroll around and see the city and interact with the characters. But unlike a great sand-box style game where you would be able to continue to explore, the game then just becomes a mediocre shooter which rally doesn't bring anything notable to the table.

There is only ONE plus point I want to give the game: As someone else already mentioned, the game has a phenomenal, fantastic sound atmosphere. This worked so great that you can play with headphones and you can literally pin point the location of where a sound comes from, better than what I've seen (I mean: heard) in any other game today. For example: I remember early on in the game I was in a part of town and started to hear muffled, far-away music. I was able to find the source of the music "by ear" just by listening to the sound as only help. This is done exceptionally well.

As a side-note: This game in particular now will be my final proof never ever again to trust game reviews, including reviews by users here on MC. I see people rating this game a 10 saying "it is truly innovative" (which it is, BY FAR, not) and how the graphics are "fantastic". (They are "ok" for a modern system but far from "fantastic", let alone impressive). I also think its hilarious how so many are making the comparison to HL2, a game which is now 9 (nine!) years old. Ironically, HL2, although almost a decade old, had elements which are much better than this average, extremely overrated little game! Even the graphics of HL2, after about a decade can still stand up against this game, unless you are overly impressed by the better lighting effects of this game. Needless to say, HL2 (and many other games in that genre) did a lot of things better. THIS game is a game which I already forgot since there was nothing (literally) staying in my memory which one would expect from a "9 rated" game.
  10. Apr 9, 2013
    OK, this isn't a 1* game, but I did want to pull the average score down a bit. Bioshock Infinite is a good game generally, but it falls tantalisingly short of being a classic due to one, single, gapingly large flaw. And that, is the lack of a proper saving system. Bioshock Infinite ticks so many of the PC-Port boxes. You can tweak the FOV (to some degree), re-mapping the controls worksOK, this isn't a 1* game, but I did want to pull the average score down a bit. Bioshock Infinite is a good game generally, but it falls tantalisingly short of being a classic due to one, single, gapingly large flaw. And that, is the lack of a proper saving system. Bioshock Infinite ticks so many of the PC-Port boxes. You can tweak the FOV (to some degree), re-mapping the controls works well, graphics are decent quality and you can even skip the annoying intro videos (from the second time onwards anyway).

But instead of the simple and functional saving system of the first two games, they decided to implement a horribly flawed Checkpoint system instead. Sometimes checkpoints are close together, other times there's unacceptably large gaps between them. Take last night for instance, I'd been playing for a while, having fun, then the missus went to bed and I decided to quit the game and sleep as well. Only this was when Bioshock Infinite told me that if I did, I'd lose the last TWENTY MINUTES of gameplay. It then took me another TEN MINUTES of annoyingly trudging on until at long last I FINALLY triggered the next Checkpoint save so that I could exit. Even then, the checkpoint saving icon is woefully small and hidden, so you've often no idea when it last saved until you try and quit and read the time-stamp on the save file.

Sorry 2K, you got a lot of things right with Bioshock Infinite, but the awful checkpoint system really and badly spoils the game. End result, I WILL NOT pay for a game where the developer can't be bothered to implement a proper saving system. FULL STOP.
  11. Mar 26, 2013
    I really don't understand why are people so overwhelmed by this game. Lets see first thing is graphics, well this is such a clever ruse, all that bloom, fog and light shafts are well placed to cover poor models and textures in general(and I am not a person who praise graphics but this simply couldn't be overlooked). Next thing is horrible collision zones, at first it was not a big deal butI really don't understand why are people so overwhelmed by this game. Lets see first thing is graphics, well this is such a clever ruse, all that bloom, fog and light shafts are well placed to cover poor models and textures in general(and I am not a person who praise graphics but this simply couldn't be overlooked). Next thing is horrible collision zones, at first it was not a big deal but it became more and more annoying. Also difficulty is pretty low i cannot even imagine how easier the game could get on lower difficulties. Story and characters are mix up of several clichés with several ups and downs and for once finally useful sidekick on the contrary enemy AI is quite poor and you will see big number of enemies stucked in some obstacle. There is also that unpleasant fact that this game embrace only checkpoint saves. So not being a fanboy nor hater i have to say Bioshock Infinite is pretty average game with tremendous hype, I'm glad i got my copy free because otherwise i would be really really angry at myself for wasting money. P.S. for all the people that say Bioshock is best rated FPS in history just check Half Life 2 and see for yourself Expand
  12. Apr 6, 2013
    This could easily have been an interactive story versus a full blown FPS game which ends up diminishing the story with its Sierra (Roberta Williams) adventure-esque limitations and stylings such as invisible walls and very lackluster combat. The sense of chaos and inevitable sense of time acceleration into the final showdown that were in previous shock games are gone and so are theThis could easily have been an interactive story versus a full blown FPS game which ends up diminishing the story with its Sierra (Roberta Williams) adventure-esque limitations and stylings such as invisible walls and very lackluster combat. The sense of chaos and inevitable sense of time acceleration into the final showdown that were in previous shock games are gone and so are the wickedly cool augmentations and hacking.

Oh well, I didn't make the game....beggars can't be choosers....
  13. Apr 6, 2013
    Too much racism, fascism and chauvinism. second-rate plot second-rate plot copping the idea of the series Sliders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliders).
  14. Oct 28, 2013
    The most overrated FPS ever. The first Bioshock was a real masterpiece, but this boring, linear, killing-machine gameplay is one of the worst experiences I've ever had.
  15. Apr 13, 2013
    So lets start with the good. Beautiful art does pay off and terrible graphics are not that obvious. Story is somewhat interesting but falls off quickly and in the end turns out to be lazy. Game play is extremely boring and generic 2000 shooter game play. In grand scheme of things this game is absolutely terrible. This game is the biggest joke ever.
  16. Apr 13, 2013
    Another dudebro corrupted game, oh how the mighty has fallen. Systemshock, amazing, systemshock 2 awesome, this, this was crap. Corridor, corridor, arena, thats the play system. The only redeeming quality was the story, and even then I figured out the basic idea half way through their hamfisted dude bro fest. not worth the 60$ I spent on it. Want a perfect reasoning for this score checkAnother dudebro corrupted game, oh how the mighty has fallen. Systemshock, amazing, systemshock 2 awesome, this, this was crap. Corridor, corridor, arena, thats the play system. The only redeeming quality was the story, and even then I figured out the basic idea half way through their hamfisted dude bro fest. not worth the 60$ I spent on it. Want a perfect reasoning for this score check this out
  17. Apr 13, 2013
    The good: it provides about 20 hours of single player monotony, graphics aren't the worst
    The bad: Everything else.
    The bad: Everything else.

Being realistic, I'd have to say this game is NOT worth $60. Half that maybe. Luckily I got this game for free so I can write this review without any influence from having purchased the game. I can not understand how or why this game gets reviewed so highly. The graphics are in the range of DECENT to GOOD. They are not worthy of being called "amazing" or "incredible". Crysis 3 had incredible graphics. This game looks like its running off the Unreal 3 engine, oh wait that's right it is... I find it irritating that they try to mix realistic lighting effects with over-saturated, cartoon like color pallets and character designs. Nothing fits together in this games design choices. It's almost as if there were multiple art directors each in charge of their own bits of the game and they did not coordinate on anything!

The sound is pathetic. They obviously spent a lot of time recording their own mish mashed songs that are combinations of their own "creative" writing as well as bits of real world classics, than they did on any of the ambient sounds or weapon sounds. There is a decent amount of dialogue from the primary characters as well as random NPCs but for a game that you supposedly get "lost" in, I did not find the experience very convincing. Oblivian had more natural dialogue than this game. With that said, another big gripe of mine is that there are these collectible audio recordings that you find throughout the game that you can listen when you pick them up. Doing so results in all other sounds being almost muted during the playback. The developers saw fit to place these near areas where hearing the in game sounds would be useful as well, so while you're listening to a recording, an enemy has noticed you and started firing. This is further complicated by the dialogue between you and the Elizabeth character since her dialogue has the same drowning effect as the recording playbacks. Brilliant!

The story is silly and unoriginal. The game has a real opportunity to go somewhere with it and it flat lines the whoooooole game. Most of the game will be spent searching crates, barrels, and bodies for items and money so that you can buy upgrades for the one or two weapons you'll decide to stick with since you couldn't possibly upgrade all of the weapons that are all VERY similar. Also lock picks will be needed to unlock rooms full of one item and maybe a safe, which you will need more lock picks for so that you can always discover that it only has around $200 in it. Literally every safe has this in it. Never an item or anything. Always around $200. Apparently all people in an alternate past/universe with a safe will only ever store around $200 in them... How exciting!

This game just feels like Bioshock in the sky, which it is, but that is not a good thing... Game and level design should have progressed in the past 5 years or so. This might as well be a rail shooter. Very Linear. Even the "choices" that the game presents you do not have any impact on the progression of the storyline. This game tries hard to develop characters, but it generally fails. The plot "twist" is a joke and basically defeats the purpose of the game.

I could go on and on about all of the things that make this a mediocre game but I'll leave it to you to find out the rest.
  18. Apr 18, 2013
    This game is very dull and linear, I loved the first Bioshock never finished the sequel and that one stayed on my hard drive for less than 24 hours.

Its not a very challenging game, and it gets very shallow and repetitive fast. If you re an older gamer and used to love the first Half Life by example, you may want to pass on this one .

Pretty graphics dont make a good game.
  19. May 10, 2013
    I Have mixed opinions. The game is good, but I don`t think people get the overwhelming subliminal context. First of all it was released on Indians Martyr day before Patriots day. Main character is unlikeble normal american who is familiar with guns. In this game Christians are pictured as demon lovers and founding fathers of USA are demonised. Why such context when America has gun controlI Have mixed opinions. The game is good, but I don`t think people get the overwhelming subliminal context. First of all it was released on Indians Martyr day before Patriots day. Main character is unlikeble normal american who is familiar with guns. In this game Christians are pictured as demon lovers and founding fathers of USA are demonised. Why such context when America has gun control in mind and why such a big marketing? I`m not bashing the game but I´m warning you to be aware. Expand
  20. May 9, 2013
    Formulaic 'waves' of enemies in set areas ruin this otherwise beautiful game. Gone is the sense of freedom, exploration and choices that made the first two Bioshocks so much fun. This is, instead, a repetitive shooter with little to draw you in, and even less to keep you there.
  21. May 24, 2013
    I rated this game a 4 basically because It is like any of the new releases.... Mega graphics and a confusing intro.... For players new to the BioShock series.....

I for one hate preachers... and the 2nd scene I am in Heaven? sorry but after that it went down hill, Standard FPS RPG style game with some nice Graphics, boring gameplay and a story which everyone "says" is amazing.... don't see what is so amazing....games like this is why people Pirate companies games.

will never buy a BioShock game ever again...
  22. May 25, 2013
    First, the bad: lack of manual save. It's fine to not allow save during combat, or only allow saving in certain areas, but to disallow saving manually entirely, at the whim of checkpoints hoping that your computer doesn't freeze between them, that's just either lazy or poor design. In a game of this production value, that is completely unacceptable. To top it off, you can't play more thanFirst, the bad: lack of manual save. It's fine to not allow save during combat, or only allow saving in certain areas, but to disallow saving manually entirely, at the whim of checkpoints hoping that your computer doesn't freeze between them, that's just either lazy or poor design. In a game of this production value, that is completely unacceptable. To top it off, you can't play more than one game through you can't have multiple parallel saves. What if multiple people want to play the game? Buy multiple copies you say? For one machine? Give me a break.

For the good, there's mostly everything else: solid and novel combat mechanics with a good pacing and feel to them, well executed aesthetic and environment, not much to complain about. It's just too bad to have that mired by an experience that stops and starts and repeats every time the game freezes because games *do* freeze. All the time apparently with this one.
  23. Jun 1, 2013
    People should really know the difference between graphics and aesthetics. The game looks nice, but not really graphics wise. Muddy textures were cleverly hidden by post-processing trickery. The story is shallow and makes use of multi-dimensional to make up for it. Intelligent people would only get the game, people would say. They treat quantum mechanics as magic and use it as cop-out forPeople should really know the difference between graphics and aesthetics. The game looks nice, but not really graphics wise. Muddy textures were cleverly hidden by post-processing trickery. The story is shallow and makes use of multi-dimensional to make up for it. Intelligent people would only get the game, people would say. They treat quantum mechanics as magic and use it as cop-out for plot holes in the story. I don't understand the 10s and 9s that people give to this game. The game mechanics is not even that perfect. Why should it even be called a video game if you don't even emphasize the game mechanics. Increasing difficulty increases enemy sponginess? Why can't you carry more than two weapons anyway? The weapon upgrades are meaningless, as the upgrades would only be countered by increased health of generic enemies, I should say. The weapons don't even feel that powerful because they don't stop your enemies on their tracks. All this flaws are then discarded because of the awesome ending? Biggest cop-out in a video game in this generation, more like. Infinite became meaningless with constants and variables. I scored 4 because of the aesthetics of the game, the sounds and the whole flying city thing. Not game of the year or even game of the generation material, as some people that has fallen to its mediocre plot and "mind-blowing" twist and ending. Buy Metro: Last Light instead. Expand
  24. Jun 18, 2013
    i don't understand why this game has a 94 metacritic score.It's a linear FPS with boring gameplay.The story is decent but it's not enough.The only good character is Elizabeth.Booker is bland.It has no replay value whatsoever and thank God it doesn't have MP because it would be even worse

final score 4/10
  25. Aug 2, 2013
    As a fan of the previous 2 games, I am very disappointed in this cash grab of a sequel. Not compelling; I can't understand how this game keeps getting rave reviews. Did the publishers pay the magazine reviewers to give such great reviews? It doesn't live up to the 'gameplay' trailers that were released on YouTube. There is no compelling reason for Elizabeth at all, yet she was supposedAs a fan of the previous 2 games, I am very disappointed in this cash grab of a sequel. Not compelling; I can't understand how this game keeps getting rave reviews. Did the publishers pay the magazine reviewers to give such great reviews? It doesn't live up to the 'gameplay' trailers that were released on YouTube. There is no compelling reason for Elizabeth at all, yet she was supposed to be a combatant in the videos. Gameplay is sadly lacking, it's just a shooting gallery as stated by other people on here. The game just does not live up to the hype and I am one very disappointed customer, even at Steam summer sale prices! The game is way too linear, as previously stated by others characters are not engaging. I would say this is their equivalent of "Duke Nuke'em Forever". An overhyped, overpriced, letdown of an unqualified failure of a sequel. Expand
  26. Sep 24, 2013
    Personally I found this game overrated. It looks pretty enough but the gameplay is just any old average 3rd person shooter. The game consists of waves of enemies and you doing this over and over again. The story was good but I can watch a film if that's what I care about.
  27. Nov 12, 2013
    This game does not live up to the hype. I waited to buy this game once it came down in price and could snag a good deal on steam. However, it turns out it wasn't all that good of a deal. The story line is very predictable and generic. There isn't a character I cared about or even wanted to succeed. The game play is mundane. You only have a capacity for two guns. Granted the game lets youThis game does not live up to the hype. I waited to buy this game once it came down in price and could snag a good deal on steam. However, it turns out it wasn't all that good of a deal. The story line is very predictable and generic. There isn't a character I cared about or even wanted to succeed. The game play is mundane. You only have a capacity for two guns. Granted the game lets you swap out to different guns through out the game but I had no incentive to want to switch what guns I already had. Furthermore, I didn't see a need to keep using different abilities. You could just get by very simply without using them. I believe at one point I had a tip during a loading screen that reminded me to use them. Overall, to get through the game I had to force myself to turn each page. Expand
  28. Mar 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a fan of story in games, I found myself sitting at the end of the credits of Bioshock: Infinite with many questions swirling around in my head. Some about the game, some about the impact, but one that has stuck with me since: "Why does everyone think this game is a 10/10?"

Usually, with sequels, developers try to innovate and create unique experiences in a similar universe of a game. They try their hardest to replicate the success of the earlier installments, and to try and make a title worthy of the series' name.

Was Bioshock: Infinite innovative and unique? No.
    Did Irrational Games try their hardest to create this game? Not at all.

E3 2011: 15 minutes of gameplay is released. It shows creative features with environment-reactive NPC's and large landscapes with dense setpieces. Elizabeth is also shown to react promptly to the drastic actions you take. You feel immersed in this world. It is beautiful, yet dangerous.
    Did any of this make it into the final product? Nope.
    The NPC's are lifeless and absent for most of the game. The graphics may be wonderful but that feeling of immersion quickly wears off the second you push that rotating blade into a cop's head for grabbing your wrist. And Elizabeth? She'll come later.

Gameplay: Big question here: Why was this game a First Person Shooter? For a game trying to tell a story about conflicting ideals and the possibilities of alternate universes, why did shooting guards and ghosts in linear gauntlet sequences similar to Call of Duty seem to be the best choice? The "continuation" of the Bioshock name rears its ugly head here, as I feel Irrational was forced to make this decision due to keeping the similarity going. It didn't help, much similar to the gameplay changes from System Shock 2 to Bioshock. The difficulty system in the game is laughable, going up in difficulty means making enemies bigger bullet sponges, and that is it. While I understand the hype around other parts of the game, I believe 10/10 games to be nearly flawless. And the gameplay of this game is anything but, with its dull repetitive shooting galleries that take up most of the game, and with the unforgivable removal of key features that made this game unique to play. Development Hell kicked this poor game down.

Graphics: This is the only part I can see the love for. The art style really makes the game seem like it was in development for six years. It's refined and has its own quirks. Yet your immersion in this beautiful world lasts for all of ten minutes.

Story: Oh lord. While many might bag me down for saying I just didn't "understand," you're right. I don't understand. I don't understand the praise for this uninspired, bloated story with one of the most jumbled endings of any game I've seen in all of my life. The game starts with an overdone bashing of old American values, and it sure does bash you with it constantly and barrages you with "BLACK IS BAD" propaganda. It's all "THIS GOOD, THIS BAD" for hours and hours, and the game does nothing with it as you blast the white man down. For a game that is praised for pushing the story-telling medium forward, the story lacks any sort of nuance. Then, the time travel plot kicks in. Infinite realities and such. At the end of the game, you (Booker) are drowned as you eventually become Comstock, the villain, and must be killed to prevent Columbia from ever being made. At this point, multiple universes have been traversed, and it is implied that this certain Booker's (you) death will result in all Booker's dying in every universe. However, this contradicts what the infinite realities theory really is: infinite. Killing one man in one universe does nothing for the again, infinite realities that are existing. The producers tried to put as many confusing elements of quantum mechanics into their game, but failed to understand any of them. I have full faith that the story was being made up as it went along near the end. I could go on for hours on how this story is nothing short of horrid, but that's already been done by various others. Instead, I'll end it with Elizabeth and Booker.
    Booker is your hero, and a very dumb one at that. Completely ignoring all signs for him to not do what he does, he does it anyway. A hero that pushes onward no matter what is heroic, a hero that slays hundreds for no reason to pay off a debt is disgusting.
    Elizabeth is your main objective: you save her from her tower guarded by a beast that serves as her guardian. She is spunky, lovable, and funny. She should not be any of these things. Being trapped in that tower means you are not a Disney princess, you are emotionally detached and volatile. Of course, Irrational can't do this, as spunky female characters are all the rage right now.

Sometimes I worry about the industry, how these games are praised as the next comings of christ.

The game is praised for being intelligent and thought-provoking, but does not understand how a coherent story or actual characters should function.
  29. Oct 27, 2014
    Pros:
    Superb voice acting
    +Good music +Good artwork/style +Sky-Hooks/sky-lines are fun Cons: -Nonsense story -Little exploration -Inconsistent and poor characterization. Many characters are stupid. -Generally bad combat -Not really useful Vigors/abilities -2-gun carrying limit -Generic, boring (boss) fights I wanted to adore this game. I wanted to recommend it to everyone
    Pros:
    Superb voice acting
    +Good music
    +Good artwork/style
    +Sky-Hooks/sky-lines are fun

Cons:
    -Nonsense story
    -Little exploration
    -Inconsistent and poor characterization. Many characters are stupid.
    -Generally bad combat
    -Not really useful Vigors/abilities
    -2-gun carrying limit
    -Generic, boring (boss) fights

I wanted to adore this game. I wanted to recommend it to everyone I knew to play it. The trailers looked so promising, and I liked Bioshock 1 & 2; I just *had* to play the third one.

Of course, I was blown away by the introduction: the shining, bright, beautiful hovering city of Columbia, and the background choir reminiscent of Amazing Grace. Followers praying in the serene, candlelit water, and an overzealous baptism foreshadowing something profoundly more sinister.

I enjoyed the game until half an hour after rescuing Elizabeth. That was when the game's problems became apparent. The plasmids, now re-skinned as Vigors, lost much of its usefulness. All you have to do is spam Murder of Crows or fire for crowd control, but even then you rarely use them. Undertow was perhaps the most interesting and unique of the Vigors, and I didn't use it that often.

The gameplay, particularly in regards to guns, was frustrating. You have about a dozen to pick from, but you can only carry two. That doesn't sound so bad until you realize that 1) you can't buy guns and 2) many fights are optimal for a certain gun, which means you won't have opportunities swap different guns until much later. Also, you can't craft or modify your weapons or ammo in any way, so you're stuck with a generic gun.

Combat was mediocre at best. Same enemies suicidally bum-rushing toward you and rarely ducking behind cover when injured, with the occasional bullet sponge handyman thrown in. Shoot, spam crowd control, run, duck, rinse and repeat. Perhaps the most difficult part of combat was the Halo-styled shield, and if you were out of supplies you'd have to run to a corpse to gather if Elizabeth didn't give you anything. That was tedious and I didn't need to manage my resources, unlike the first two games. All of this was evident when you had to "kill" Elizabeth's "ghost" mother--not once, but *three* times in the same fight, with an infinite army of zombies. Easily, one of the worst and most monotonous boss fights ever.

Then, the story. Wow, was it bad, and just behind Diablo 3. This story and plot was clunky and had more holes than a pumice stone. Comstock had the sense to lock Elizabeth in a tower, but didn't bother to groom her to become his heir until much later? She could open up tears in her tower, but never once tried stepping through it? Why didn't Booker and Elizabeth escape that way ASAP, either? Why is Songbird chasing Booker in the 2nd "timeline" when that timeline's Elizabeth is safe elsewhere? You probably get the point, but there are so many holes and problems it'd take a lot more than my character allotment to explain it all, especially the B.S. ending. You might not catch these problems the first time around, but you will the second or third.

What a disappointment. The wonderful voice acting, the enlightening tidbits of the voxophone recordings, and the Sky-Hooks and the artwork/style are the saving graces from me giving it a 2 or lower. Please, don't believe in the hype and buy this game.
  30. Jun 25, 2014
    The 4 rating is to rank it as a game slightly worse than average. It's a mediocre game with a beautiful shine. Its plot and ideas show promise but never work in action, underdeveloped, and are never given detail or depth. The companion was not insufferable, but lacked detail and development, and never felt vital (despite her powers and role in the story). As does the whole world andThe 4 rating is to rank it as a game slightly worse than average. It's a mediocre game with a beautiful shine. Its plot and ideas show promise but never work in action, underdeveloped, and are never given detail or depth. The companion was not insufferable, but lacked detail and development, and never felt vital (despite her powers and role in the story). As does the whole world and story. The game tries to present a "morally gray" situation and problem by presenting two completely black-scale, unbelievable, caricature sides. It's infuriating to see the serious, historical oppression of so many people, or backlash and revolutions - and the problematic imperialism and nationalism of the time Infinite takes place in - represented in such a crazed and stupid way. People do not think or act this way.

Even Andrew Ryan, as extreme and evil the story made him at parts, had an understandable perspective and view. You could see his reasons and his attitude, you could see that maybe he lost control. He showed regret. And the rebels against him were sympathetic because of their situation, just manipulated by a con artist.

As for gameplay: the save system is terrible, unless only one player is playing at a time and they speed through the maps. Exploring is almost gone in this game. Combat is just a large spamming of same-y enemies, and the mechanics highly encourage and partly force you to use the same weapons and tonics the entire game. There's no strategy available in this game, you just hack'n'slash through the swarm until it's over. And it's not ENTERTAINING, it'd be fine if it was, but it's just monotonous and tedious. It took out the smart and cool aspects of BioShock, but failed to meet a new standard of chaotic, crazy fun, just blazing away on the targets.

The game's setting does not meet it's mechanics well either, since they ARE a skeleton of the first game's. The developers failed to integrate Elizabeth's crazy-cool universe-bending powers into the mechanics in a more integrated, interesting, and less gimmicky way, which kills me. And they never explain tonics or the Handymen, or make them make sense in Infinite. The only reason they're there is because BioShock had it. Whereas in BioShock, there was a REASON there were plasmids and Big Daddies, it was completely fitting to its game and story.

This is why the game gets a 4, not a 5 or a 6. It was a chore to play, unrewarding, and the story didn't do enough to compensate. While it's ideas are cool and ambitious, it's all on the surface. I know BioShock's world like I know myself, I know almost nothing about Infinite's. They didn't ever flesh it out in the same way.

Infinite was advertised as a game about a city on the edge of falling on destruction, but living and with a gilded gloss. It acts as dead, broken, and crazy as Rapture. While somehow forgetting the more human aspect Rapture's tragedy had.
  31. Nov 29, 2014
    This is a game that promises to be a 9/10, but I refuse to give it more than half, because it doesn't deliver on that promise. It is an fps, mechanically, but it's really a story you play. It's an intricate story with a mystery, which means it all comes together in the end. But instead of having this great "ah, ha!" moment where it all makes sense, you'll be left with "wtf!" and have toThis is a game that promises to be a 9/10, but I refuse to give it more than half, because it doesn't deliver on that promise. It is an fps, mechanically, but it's really a story you play. It's an intricate story with a mystery, which means it all comes together in the end. But instead of having this great "ah, ha!" moment where it all makes sense, you'll be left with "wtf!" and have to read some reviewers long explanation of what you just went through. I give the reviewer 9/10 for telling the story this game was supposed to deliver. Expand
  32. Mar 31, 2013
    A bad shooter with a bad narrative. A high budget babysitter for the undiscerning consumer.

-Limitation to two weapons leaves combat incapable of being as varied as in previous bioshock games or any decent shooter. -Regenerating shield turns any challenging combat into a glorified game of peek-a-boo -Major reduction in passive character building (dozens of tonics vs the selection of

-Major reduction in passive character building (dozens of tonics vs the selection of character upgrades)
    -Removal of hacking
    -Removal of research
    -Simplification of powers system (no separate currency to purchase, no upgrading)
    -Melee mechanics designed to emulate those with cerebral palsy

And, on a more subjective level
    -total reversal of atmosphere
    -robotic, mostly non-interactive NPCs
    -a moderate improvement over the originals, but still awful animations, just more noticeable with more NPCS
    -Boring moral "choices" with no impact
    -Mostly, though, it's poisoning the shock series even further with time-hopping infinite universe wankery. A bad Bioshock game, for sure, but a bad game on its face, mechanically and especially narratively.
  33. Jul 25, 2013
    For the mind-bogglingly stupid save system alone, this doesn't deserve more than 5/10. It completely ruins any appeal the game has. Sure, if you're a teenager, unemployed or for some other reason have ENORMOUS amounts of free time, you won't give a about possibly having to play parts over again because you're not quite sure when the game saved the last time. Or maybe you'll even finish itFor the mind-bogglingly stupid save system alone, this doesn't deserve more than 5/10. It completely ruins any appeal the game has. Sure, if you're a teenager, unemployed or for some other reason have ENORMOUS amounts of free time, you won't give a about possibly having to play parts over again because you're not quite sure when the game saved the last time. Or maybe you'll even finish it in one sitting.
    But weird as I am, I don't want to play for hours straight. I like to have pauses in between playing. I like to do other things too. Which is why playing Bioshock Infinite frustrated me to no end, since I kept wondering when I can finally stop playing. Until I realized that the save symbol only flashes for like half a second.
    Add the fact that the graphics aren't really up to snuff (the way this game performs on high end machines considering it's fairly low detail models and textures is just not acceptable) and you get to the 3/10 I have arrived at. It's a shame because I really wanted to like this game. I loved Bioshock 1 AND 2 and thought the story of this one really showed promise. But there's no way I am going to continue playing this game until they fix the save system.
  34. Mar 30, 2013
    Mid level combat ,mid level scenario,completely uninteresting rail combat,vigors.A modern classic of modern big game industry's click and watch the movie, style game.
  35. Jul 13, 2013
    Boring combat and gameplay, uninteresting story and no challenge. Only good Bioshock was the first one, and even that was mediocre 7/10 tops. System Shock is where it's at.

Be wary of the high scores BioShock Infinite received, a lot of them are given by new accounts whose sole contribution to metacritic is giving 10 points to Bioshock Infinite. Not saying someone's boosting the scores but it's a possibility.
  36. Apr 11, 2013
    Vigors are completely non-relevant to the game. Except for opening a couple of doors, you can do the entire game with guns. Also, after months of hype about the Handyman, making us think he was this game's Big Daddy, he shows up a whopping 3 times. 3 times?!?! Are you kidding me? Story was OK. ..not great....but ok. Action was sporadic at best. Compared to the first 2 games, thisVigors are completely non-relevant to the game. Except for opening a couple of doors, you can do the entire game with guns. Also, after months of hype about the Handyman, making us think he was this game's Big Daddy, he shows up a whopping 3 times. 3 times?!?! Are you kidding me? Story was OK. ..not great....but ok. Action was sporadic at best. Compared to the first 2 games, this was a failing effort. It blows my mind that so many simpltons are praising this when clearly, despite all the delays, this was a very rushed effort. Expand
  37. Apr 17, 2013
    In what is sure to be a title reviled by critics and fans alike, the third game in the BioShock series, BioShock Infinite, breaks away from the underwater setting of the first two games to take players into the floating city of Columbia. BioShock Infinite was heralded by some as an overhaul of the first person shooter genre, but with an overly familiar first person viewpoint and theIn what is sure to be a title reviled by critics and fans alike, the third game in the BioShock series, BioShock Infinite, breaks away from the underwater setting of the first two games to take players into the floating city of Columbia. BioShock Infinite was heralded by some as an overhaul of the first person shooter genre, but with an overly familiar first person viewpoint and the clichéd inclusion of firearms in the game, Irrational Games have failed to create a product capable of holding a candle to undeniably superior genre titans Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. This game has made many attempts to shake up the formula with a number of departures from previous titles. With the staggering improvement of changing the name of the ‘plasmids’ to ‘figures’, and the slight redesign of the Big Daddys (now dubbed ‘Handy Boys’), Infinite is sure to be the target of criticism for a lack of imagination and gameplay that appears to have been directly copied from the founder of the FPS genre, Call of Duty. It seems altogether unfair, however, to compare this unmitigated failure to the shining bastion of innovation that Infinity Ward and Treyarch have created.
    Firstly, while Call of Duty has managed to fundamentally alter the formula of the game each year, Infinite will, unlike Call of Duty, be unable to avoid well-founded complaints that the game has not changed since the release of BioShock 2 in 2010. The question must be asked: if the game’s sky city setting is a significant change, why have the developers re-used boats as a lazy attempt at creativity? While the Call of Duty series has shown an unprecedented dedication to historical accuracy and realism, Irrational Games have clearly dispensed with ‘inconveniences’ such as credibility and integrity, by creating a completely fictional city in the sky as the setting for the entire story. Having consulted the history books, this reviewer is satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that Irrational Games are guilty of the tort of rape against the plaintiff, history. The only thing to be said in support of the setting is that Irrational Games allowed the game to take place on Earth, thus not committing as grievous an offence as the appalling Mass Effect series. Disgusting anachronisms abound, such as the inclusion of the Beach Boys song God Only Knows, a track released almost 50 years after the game is set. It is particularly curious that a game which has its head up in the clouds (both literally and in terms of design) would select a song written by a clearly beach-oriented group, a stark contrast to stylistically faultless Call of Duty: Black Ops and its inclusion of the Rolling Stones song Sympathy For the Devil. Finally, the HUD is both ugly and unoriginal, failing to display necessary information, such as killstreak rewards and in-game chat.
    Regrettably, BioShock Infinite fares no better when considering its storyline and character development. The player controls lowlife ruffian Booker Dewitt, (a simple copy of Soap MacTavish from the Modern Warfare series) a white supremacist and implied rapist of the secondary character, Elizabeth, a thoroughly uninteresting individual whose origin story has clearly been sourced directly (without adequate referencing techniques to boot) from the tale of Rapunzel. The skyline movement system seems, at first glance, to provide a satisfactory and interesting way to navigate the environment. This would be a feature to be commended, had it not been clearly taken from the Call of Duty multiplayer map Kowloon, which included a zipline function, led to the widespread production of ziplines in the real world, and unfortunately in copycat game worlds such as the world of BioShock Infinite. The storyline is convoluted and difficult to follow for even the most astute of gamers, with each plot point inducing either a groan of disappointment or a frustrated exclamation of confusion from players who frankly deserve better.
    A litany of technical issues plague BioShock Infinite, preventing it from fulfilling the lofty expectations projected by its developers, chief of which being the discrepancies between the PC and console versions. Even with the most advanced gaming rig, PC gamers will be frustrated to learn that Irrational Games have been (understandably) unable to bring the fidelity of the Xbox 360 to the dated hardware of the PC. BioShock Infinite is another reminder that PCs are simply incapable of functioning as a gaming platform on the level of the Xbox or its most immediate competitor, the iPhone 5.
    Failing to deliver on the gameplay, story and stylistic promises made by the developers, this game isn’t worth a moment of your time, let alone a cent of your money. Gamers of all sorts would be better served by an anthology of Call of Duty releases, on their Xbox, iPhone or Mac platforms of course.
  38. Jun 14, 2013
    The great grandson of the legendary System Shock 2 is a sobering example of how even venerated IP's can end with a whimper, not a bang. Gone is the atmosphere of tension, solitude and slow, cloying fear, of being a rat in an alien maze, desperately fighting the machinations of a near-ubiquitously powerful, intelligent enemy who hates you more than anything else. Gone is the rapidlyThe great grandson of the legendary System Shock 2 is a sobering example of how even venerated IP's can end with a whimper, not a bang. Gone is the atmosphere of tension, solitude and slow, cloying fear, of being a rat in an alien maze, desperately fighting the machinations of a near-ubiquitously powerful, intelligent enemy who hates you more than anything else. Gone is the rapidly blurring dichotomy of you and the warped genetic monstrosities you fight against. Gone is the sprawling, labyrinthine level-design that made you feel a stranger in an even stranger land.

Instead, brightly coloured setpieces tower above poor-quality environmental textures plagued by pop-in effects and graphical errors. All pretensions of atmosphere disappear in a neo-Americana hell, populated by a number of identical racist caricatures whose threat towards you is as laughable as their suicidal and stupid combat AI. What tropes of old remain, like the strange powers you and an illogically small proportion of NPC's possess, the garish, loudly coloured vending machines, are not given even the merest pretensions of logical existence in a world that remains true to the 'Shock series in barely more than name alone.

The satisfying gunplay of Bioshock is replaced with something that seems two steps back guns feel like they lack weight and impact, melee combat has gone from having some of the most visceral and brutal force to an insufficient, chaotic slugfest. Each blow of the wrench in Bioshock 1 felt like the fist of an angry God compared to the mess that is Infinite's hand to hand combat. Weapon upgrades feel tacked on, (gone are the tactical uses for each weapon: You will rarely require to change between two.) lacking the incredibly unique feeling and game-changing add-ones of Bioshock that added striking visual components to your weaponry.

Gunplay itself is almost parodic your limited selection of weapons, when the gimmicky or inferior are pared away, leave you to fight against generic waves of identical enemies with your iron sights and in what feels like a near slap in the face, _regenerating shields._

Plasmids (or 'vigours') feel similarly superfluous, despite an obvious attempt to broad the range of options both between and within them. Their use feels as unsatisfying and generic as the gimmicks of many other mid-quality FPS offerings that the Shock pedigree should stand above. Environmental uses for vigours are easily missed and of limited use. Contrast the feel of the fire power in Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite. In the former, a click of the fingers instantly set an enemy ablaze. It was fast, punishing and conveyed the utter power of ADAM, at the expense of your own body. It was a standard fallback for many players for good reason, for it was ubiquitously useful, but not overpowering. In the darkness of Rapture, the flames you ignited with a snap of your fingers were immediate reminders of power.

In Infinite, the clunky, slow moving projectile feels more like a grenade. Enemies who rush at you wildly in chaotic, rarely tactical combat make efficient use of the power difficult, and the flames themselves seem ineffectual, difficult to use when other powers are simpler and easier to use. Environmental uses like conveniently placed oil-slicks are rarely of any real value. The use of almost any vigour seems a waste of resources. Unsatisfying, unrewarding, unpolished.

The story itself is a decidedly average mess, riddled with plot holes and uncompelling characters. Your constant companion is, while relatively likeable and useful, not something I expected from a franchise that made it's name on the back of well-crafted atmospheric tension.

Gone too are some of the rewarding RPG elements, replaced by a bizarre 'gear' system that seems more at home in a Borderlands game than Bioshock. Not a few hours into the game and you are furnished with a pair of trousers that allow you to punch people from three-times the distance away, (often launching you off the edge of the city to an untimely, undeserved death) or another item of clothing that inexplicably causes opponents you strike in melee to spontaneously burst into flames and burn to skeletons before your eyes. A hat it was, I think. What were they thinking?!

This is of course rhetorical. It is obvious what they were thinking. A combination of changing appeal to a casual audience and rushed production values, Infinite is the death-knell of the 'Shock series. What's worse is that the this same audience of 'gamers', too captivated by their understanding of (actually visually average, but disguised by gross amounts of bloom and fog) setpieces that the developer literally drags your attention to as 'good graphics', (which is what a good game is all about, right?) who purchase an identical Call of Duty game EVERY year, are lapping titles like Infinite up.

Rest In Peace. We hardly knew ye.
  39. Apr 2, 2013
    Game is so bland and simple I got bored watching my gf play it for a few hours.

THeres absolutely nothing exciting in it. Story is immersion is meh, those flying platforms are just shortcuts for level design.

This title fails as a shooter and fails as a game
  40. Apr 3, 2013
    Same old FPS mechanics, about the same old gameplay as bioshock from a few years ago, the storylines decent but other than that pretty boring game, there is alot of good liberal propaganda though if you like that.
  41. Apr 14, 2013
    I went into this game with high expectations. I haven't played either of the other Bioshocks but they are toted as some of the best games ever made. However, after finishing this i am disappointed. The story, which is what seems to be the only redeeming factor is ok. I didn't see the end coming but that doesn't make it any better. The game play, which in my opinion is what the game shouldI went into this game with high expectations. I haven't played either of the other Bioshocks but they are toted as some of the best games ever made. However, after finishing this i am disappointed. The story, which is what seems to be the only redeeming factor is ok. I didn't see the end coming but that doesn't make it any better. The game play, which in my opinion is what the game should be judged by is crap. The guns are essential split between Comstock's Guard's guns and the Vox's, they both do the same thing but one is painted red. The vigors overlap each other far too much or are just not fun to use. I went through using mostly crow storm and devils kiss, neglecting the other 6 for the most part. The spacing between when you get new vigors and guns is terrible. 2/3 of the way through you get 6 of the 8 vigors and only in the last 45 minutes of game play you get the last one. I don't understand it. The enemies are lackluster. You shoot at the blues or the reds, it makes little difference because they're the same enemies. By the end of the game they become little more than bullet sponges. The "special" enemies are little better. The few times they show up they provide little challenge but manage to take up more time than anything else. It is a good story, but not a good game. I would enjoy this much more if it were a book or a movie. Something that i could go back through in little time to pick up on the things i missed but the gameplay is so bland that i have no want to go back and find out more about the Luteces or about Comstock and his wife. If you want to know the story about this game look it up on youtube because for $60 it is not worth it. Expand
  42. Apr 6, 2013
    Well, because I'm not getting paid the game developer, nor working for a company (see: online review "magazine") that is getting greased by the game developer, I'm going to be honest. Bioshock is somewhat ambitious, but comes across as yet another unpolished, rushed, game with an unfinshed feel. A lot of the areas are lacking those little details that impress you without you noticingWell, because I'm not getting paid the game developer, nor working for a company (see: online review "magazine") that is getting greased by the game developer, I'm going to be honest. Bioshock is somewhat ambitious, but comes across as yet another unpolished, rushed, game with an unfinshed feel. A lot of the areas are lacking those little details that impress you without you noticing them, making the game environment feel kinda plain a lot of the time. The lighting effects are superb, and there's some great effects shown in the larger enviroments, such as the range blur, but the skins and textures are really banal.

I can think of a dozen games way better than this, so I don't see why all the critics are tripping over themselves to gush about it so much. Oh wait, ye$$$ I do. Take it from an experienced, impartial gamer Bioshock is nothing to write home about, save your money and get it for $10, cuz it's not worth $60.
  43. Mar 10, 2014
    Frankly I don't know why this game has received such high marks. The story is convoluted, the ending is ridiculous and the entire theme of the game makes no sense. The graphics are very good and it's fun to ride the skylines, but other than that, this was a boring game and I couldn't wait to get finished with it. The demo is a highlight of one of the most interesting parts, but other thanFrankly I don't know why this game has received such high marks. The story is convoluted, the ending is ridiculous and the entire theme of the game makes no sense. The graphics are very good and it's fun to ride the skylines, but other than that, this was a boring game and I couldn't wait to get finished with it. The demo is a highlight of one of the most interesting parts, but other than that, I would recommend purchasing this game for as little money as possible. Expand
  44. Mar 28, 2013
    I must say im a little confused. I didn't play the original Bioshock as the subject didn't appeal. However, ive was gifted a copy of this one and was looking forward to it based on his praise. The subsequent guilt caused by what im about to say isn't enough to told my tongue!

Why is this game scored so high by so many people? i don't get it. The game is a simple run and gun with ugly graphic, poor animations, and weak linear level design. Horrible style mash-up, poor UI, and clunky controls. Aliens: Colonial Marines got ripped apart last month (By myself included) for being a very average game with a big set of boots to fill. However i wouldnt say this game is technically any better. It feels like a very average last gen game to me. I prefer gameplay to graphics but i found this game lacking in both. I am genuinely confused by the gushing reviews of "perfection" this and "masterpiece" that.

It was a constant race toward the reason to switch it off. Between the boredom and the motion sickness caused by the poor mouse sensitivity settings, i got no enjoyment from this title at all. The motion sickness piped it in the end and i gladly quit after only a few hours ....probably forever.

For goodness sake play a demo! I guess this game is love it or hate it. P.S. If someone wants to pay me a large amount in used notes, i will say its great aswell!
  45. Mar 29, 2013
    If BioShock was the original rock band, BioShock 2 was the patchy break up album, which just leaves BioShock Infinite the poor man's cover band.

I'll just list what I dislike to save time... Dislikes. Terrible F.O.V. and poor mouse settings. Constant reminders"Are you sure you want to go to the area you just pressed yes to go to?" etc. Elizabeth is one of the most annoying 'buddies'

I'll just list what I dislike to save time...
    Dislikes.
    Terrible F.O.V. and poor mouse settings.
    Elizabeth is one of the most annoying 'buddies' in a game ever, walking in front when trying to shoot enemies, talking inane crap whilst walking around you like a fly in your peripherals, not to mention her clattering shoes,(Jesus).
    There's way too much money and ammo lying about, and that's on the hard setting, this just ruins any sense of tension there could of been. Pathetic A.I., you could have replaced them with potatoes and it would of been just as challenging.
    Ken Levine lookalike N.P.C's? Maybe this is just me, but one of the male head models looks the spitting image of Ken Levine. I'm cool with a little 'in house' fun, but when there's only about four head models in the whole game it gets a bit tedious.
    Bad collision detection. The invisible walls around lots of objects is laughable.
    A talking protagonist. This doesn't work for me, but this is a personal thing I guess. As the games progressing, I don't want to be told what my characters thinking or feeling as it just destroys any sense of immersion. The Graphics are no better than a 2007 game, with bells and whistles on. Not that graphics make a game, but the masses that seem to be praising this pale imitation tend to think it's visually stunning. On the whole, it's just a terrible reproduction of the first BioShock but set in the sky for novelty. It's difficulty is so easy a child could finish it, (perhaps this explains the high scores,) and the story just feels like something a first year student would write an essay about after their first spliff. (Heavy man).
    Oh I forgot to mention the Willy Wonka lift at the beginning! HaHa, that was so funny, oh it wasn't meant to be..?
    3 stars for the sky-lines.
  46. Apr 3, 2013
    I quite liked the storyline even though it was as obvious as the nose on your face, the end cinemagraphic was really a joy and well worth the praise it has already got. I was however disappointed in the gameplay, it was far too linear and nowhere near difficult enough. Each area was quite small and easily traversed without much difficulty, even towards the end it was far too easy to killI quite liked the storyline even though it was as obvious as the nose on your face, the end cinemagraphic was really a joy and well worth the praise it has already got. I was however disappointed in the gameplay, it was far too linear and nowhere near difficult enough. Each area was quite small and easily traversed without much difficulty, even towards the end it was far too easy to kill off the Bosses without using all the Vigors, ammo or specials that could Elizabeth could muster.
    Another annoyance was the skylines, they never really went anywhere..a quick trip around the block and that was it. Primarily used to get to another level within the level you were in so no use in navigating Columbia at all which would have been a nice touch.
    Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed this game, it is beautiful (in the near distance) and gripping and nostalgic (for old America (I'm not a Yank)) but I felt that it was all too easy and nowhere near big enough, I wasn't looking for a sandbox game like GTA or Saints Row but a bit more than a poke in the park that we ended up with would have been nice, after all it was just a small floating cloud city.
    I'm really surprised that it gets the huge scores it does but there you go, I can only base my score on what I have played before and I have been around a long time so I have a lot to compare against!

I think I will play it again but explore everywhere before moving on and see if it changes my mind.
  47. Apr 4, 2013
    Well the shooting is bad, the story is okay and the characters are somewhere in between bad and non existent. So how can i rate it?

Well as a piece of art, it is pretty good, but as a game, well, it is not a game, you are not supposed to be playing it, you are supposed to be admiring it, with your jaw lying on the ground. So as a game, it's... disappointing in every possible way.

So as a game, it's... disappointing in every possible way.

And the ending, I mean seriously? This? It's not even funny, it's just lazy.
  48. Apr 7, 2013
    Good:
    • Some highly imaginative set pieces/designs, a lot of which are cool to look at.
    • The partner AI is excellent not only in following you but she's invulnerable, opens locked doors, and gives you health and supplies during combat. Too bad I didn't care about her in the slightest (unlike a well-written game like Half-Life and its Alyx Vance). • Interesting that the doors open
    Good:
    • Interesting that the doors open automatically. I wouldn't use this as the new normal in all games since it would be horrible for stealth, but it works in this game.
    • The quote from random thug: "How much blood you got in you, boy?" is badass and amazing. The only decent writing in the entire game.

Bad:
    • Horrible, horrible story and writing. Almost unbearable to the point of me quitting the game but I had to see if it got better in the ending. It didn't. I would give specifics but I want to avoid spoilers. Basically it just uses deus ex machina type bullcrap to do anything it wants whenever it wants. Combined with a make-believe world and characters that you don't care about because they don't make you like them (even though you're playing first-person as one of them), they don't explain them, and some even appear/reappear randomly. Combined as well with no effects from any of your actions (most of which are just "press X when we tell you to continue the story")... There's no way I could possibly care about anything in the game.
    • The gameplay is like a serial killing run at Disneyland. All the violence is there for pure shock value/teenage "fun", with no weight or meaning whatsoever.
    • Despite the above, you can't kill children. I guess that's where they draw the line in their heads (read: lawyers). I shot a random family with a rocket launcher and the child had to watch his parents explode in front of him since he was invulnerable and he just got on his knees and cried lol.
    • Despite the above, and all the other dreamy fantastical magical stuff in the game, they decided to keep the racism of the time period and hate black people. Nice. Lawyers didn't care about that one I guess.
    • The game desperately needs a minimap/map/location finder/pins on a compass or the hud. The destination arrow it gives isn't good enough. You have to press the button a million times and guess where it's taking you and it's harder to see than say, the one in Dead Space. The levels are huge, multi-tiered/3D and confusing and destinations vague.
    • The faces of women and children are 10% Disney character and 90% nightmarish. Men are semi-decent though, wth?

Decent/nothing-special:
    • The skyline riding/hanging. It's just simply a mainly optional mechanic in the game. It's too fast and hectic to really be useful or fun, especially in first person and when you can't even tell where you're going when you're just on the ground.
    • The music
    • The voice acting
    • Other basic gameplay like shooting/collecting

It's very sad to see this game get such high praise and I have zero understanding why it got so many 10/10 reviews. Some games I would consider giving perfect tens to: Dishonored, Tomb Raider, Oblivion/Skyrim, Deus Ex: HR, Psychonauts, Beyond Good & Evil, Ys Origin, Half-Life series, Alan Wake series. This is not even close. I even preferred the other two Bioshocks.
  49. Apr 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wanted to love this game, I really did. The original Bioshock is my favorite game of all time, this game had me longing to go back and play it. It's been said over and over, yes, the game has a beautiful landscape, other than that, it's a flop.

First, there is no lock-picking, puzzles, and very limited upgrading. I remember playing the original Bioshock and you could hack turrets, camera, etc. You have one vigor (lame excuse for plasmids) that can take control of turrets. It will fire on your enemies for 10 or so seconds then turn back on you. There is no way to fully take control of them and you find yourself just blowing the thing up as soon as possible. This brings me to my next point. I only used shock jockey once acquired, there are seven or so other vigors but use up too much salt and are pointless. They have a new clothing system but only two or three items are useful.

The weapons could have been interesting but they give them all to you right out of the gates. You can upgrade them easily and they are readily available. Usually you get better weapons as the game progresses, they just seem to throw them at you whenever. You can only hold two at a time. I never found myself really getting to like a certain weapon and upgrading it. You just pick stuff up, fire it till empty, and some other gun will be lying next to you.

There is only one real boss fight, (lady Comstock) all of the other characters are killed via cut scene. This really make for anti-climatic missions. The last mission is very mundane and ends up feeling like the previous quest. I beat this game in probably six hours on hard.
  50. Apr 18, 2013
    Game-play and history are really disassembled... It's beautiful but if you look very closely, you can see every ugly details. One rail and the loot is really, really really invasive....
  51. Apr 19, 2013
    The story is very interesting, and the characters are great. The combat (which is the bulk of the game) is dull, repetitive and a decade old. The melee kills are neat, but the mechanic for using them is flawed.

Buy the game when it's $20. I quit from boredom half way through and just watched a video of the end.
  52. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock Infinite is not a game that is what it sets out to be and what many people claim. It is and has been from the beginning trying to being taken seriously. So I took it as seriously as possible and in the end it ended up me being disappointed. The game is nothing more than a normal first person shooter. The game which gives you quite a few vigors and quite a few guns makes you pretty much pick your favorite two since in the end you won't have enough money to have too many. While a lot of the plot tries it's hardest to get a narrative going it doesn't truly stick to one other than its multiverse theory. Which it does not deliver a good and meaningful ending that it has been bragging about since the first trailer which showed quite a lot of promise. It kept to the insanity of the old Shock games while being in this serene seeming place.
    Instead of Elizabeth just throwing you med kits and tearing portals open she would strengthen your vigors which seemed amazing. She would actually be helpful instead of helpful in the way of finding an item on the ground is. The complete lack of changing how she acts throughout the item giving process can complete kill any mood the plot has set up. In one scene where she feels betrayed by Booker she complete refuses to talk to him and only utters comments that are to make him feel worse. Then the next second you're in a battle and she happily says, "Here take this health kit." I literally bursted out laughing.

They also try throughout the game to make Comstock and his white elistest into these bad men, which can be done there is nothing I will say about that. But then halfway through the game you enter a portal where the Vox Populi are now these horrible people which makes the gesture of the game going, "Well see we're not racist or picking sides." Which is a cop-out. As well as in the section where you're in the museum and Comstock retells these tragic events that were horrid and not truly knowing what happens unless you learned in history what actually happened it makes absolutely no impact nor does it matter because it amounts to nothing other than say, "Oh look he's a bad guy."
    Finally at the end of the game where they want to make such an impactful resolution to end up their game that is to be taken seriously, what they do is end Booker's life and somehow that takes away all of what Comstock did. How could this be true? An adult Booker and only one Booker out of the infinite number of them has decided for it. What about the one we saw just before the ending? What if he decided No Ii don't want to die? Then it wouldn't do anything. It explains nothing and gives an end to this very mediocre game.
    Bioshock Infinite should be taken for what it is. A normal first person shooter type of game that says, "Oh look at the pretty graphics. Look we are going to put a slightly arbitrary plot that we can't fully explain or give meaning to while giving characters with little to no depth. We are clearly one of the best games out there." and somehow it worked. I enjoyed it for a little while before it started sinking in and it made me dislike it. I felt like I was playing a dumbed down version of Bioshock with a wider appeal to the casual first person fanbase.
  53. May 3, 2013
    Like others, I'm confused as to why this game is being glorified as one of the best games ever made. I've run the gauntlet of pc gaming ever since the pre-Windows days and have had the pleasure of enjoying some of the most amazing pc games ever produced in history. With that said, this game is extremely average at best. I'm around 75% of the way through, and I'm struggling through theLike others, I'm confused as to why this game is being glorified as one of the best games ever made. I've run the gauntlet of pc gaming ever since the pre-Windows days and have had the pleasure of enjoying some of the most amazing pc games ever produced in history. With that said, this game is extremely average at best. I'm around 75% of the way through, and I'm struggling through the repetitive boredom to try and finish it.

Without rambling in to every single thing I'm disappointed in, I'll simply say a lot of the game is repetitive (almost every fight scene plays out the same way), boring (so much down time explaining a story that is too confusing to absorb the first time), and unnecessary (80% of the weapons, vigors, and clothing is rarely used).

It's a very disappointing game, and it's rather insulting to give something that is nowhere near a perfectly polished game such high reviews.
  54. May 30, 2013
    I still haven't finished it yet, not because its difficulty (its a way too easy), but because i got really bored. Where to start:
    Graphics looks good if you stand 2 meters away from the monitor. Once you look at textures and models you realizes how poor it is.
    NPC are just annoying, dumb and lifeless (and poor modelled). Game dynamics are just COD-style, nothing that vaguely resemble
    NPC are just annoying, dumb and lifeless (and poor modelled).
    Game dynamics are just COD-style, nothing that vaguely resemble the original BioShock. No real choices, no tactics with plasmids (yes, you have vigors but once acquired electricity they become just useless and repetitive), no real challenge. This game is so easy that you could die only if you throw your character over the cliffs (and then you are reanimated by your annoying companion).
    If you really wanto to complete your BioShock collection, just wait some month and buy it on sale.
  55. Jun 7, 2013
    Wow...way over-rated, first time post, doubt that anyone will read this under the weight of the accolades from some.
    Nothing THAT special about the graphics, and they were the reason I went as high as I did.
    The gameplay? Not as good as Bio-shock, and that's a fact. Made item, health and salt pickup pointless, for instance. The story?...Great, except I knew who Comstock was long before
    The story?...Great, except I knew who Comstock was long before their (Dewitt and the girl) "encounter" at Comstock house...and the end...then this is a time bubble...all this occurred, including Elizabeth's life only it didn't, NONE OF IT. or did it?..end result, instead of not caring at the end, (bad enough) I actually wanted to slap whoever thought it up...
  56. Jul 15, 2013
    It worries me that this game has so many positive reviews. It's the epitome of mediocrity. Poor story, gameplay, graphics, and difficulty (way too short and easy) will leave you wanting to replay the original.

The gameplay is incredibly mediocre and provides no challenge whatsoever. There is absolutely no need for the salts (magic feature) as well. What irks me the most is Bioshock

What irks me the most is Bioshock Infinite's story (or lack of). It's extremely disappointing seeing sequel to a game with a very good story so cheesed up. The story also contradicts itself many times. The characters are also extremely cheesy.

The set pieces look decent enough from afar but nothing to phone home about, and once you get close to them they're pixel messes. The faces on bodies of the humans and characters however are extremely uncanny.

The difficulty is embarrassingly easy and provides no challenge. Most of the game seems to be shoot baddies cheesy dialogue shoot baddies repeat.

To conclude, the game is the definition of mediocre, and left me just wanting to go back and play the original Bioshock the entire time. At least the original did everything this game aspired to do properly.
  57. Sep 28, 2013
    Just a mediocre console game/port with polish. But the game is mostly very easy to complete due to poor design decisions of being given back your ammo when you die yet the monsters you killed still being dead. It has glimpses of fun but the title bioshock infinite is apt, it seems to go on forever but you really wish it was over. It starts very slowly and it is mind-numbingly linear andJust a mediocre console game/port with polish. But the game is mostly very easy to complete due to poor design decisions of being given back your ammo when you die yet the monsters you killed still being dead. It has glimpses of fun but the title bioshock infinite is apt, it seems to go on forever but you really wish it was over. It starts very slowly and it is mind-numbingly linear and the shiny new gear and vigors you find you'll hardly use or notice because they aren't necessary. Waste of money especially for those who won't appreciate the artistic/story side of the game. Expand
  58. Jul 18, 2014
    While the graphics environments are quite amazing, the girl is pretty, the story strange. What really bugs me about it from a person who is an American, a patriot and a Christian, I was some what offended by the constant use of Christianity in a negative way and the American founding fathers and ideals in a negative way. Grant it, it is a game and the fictional story is about a falseWhile the graphics environments are quite amazing, the girl is pretty, the story strange. What really bugs me about it from a person who is an American, a patriot and a Christian, I was some what offended by the constant use of Christianity in a negative way and the American founding fathers and ideals in a negative way. Grant it, it is a game and the fictional story is about a false teacher etc using Christian and American ideals to do evil, and this kind of thing can and does happen, but in this game I almost feel the developers are anti-Christian and anti-American. For that reason alone I gave it a lower score and the game play is fairly basic shooter wise nothing really special we haven't seen before outside of amazing graphics. Expand
  59. Jun 8, 2014
    the graphics are really poor, the gameplay of the past century and uninteresting story.
    The first and the second was really pleasant (the second less than the first)
    but then I took no pleasure and I had to force myself to finish this game.
  60. Mar 24, 2015
    It is a big letdown compared to the previous games. The overtly simplistic gameplay and poorly written story has driven me off from this franchise for good.
  61. May 4, 2013
    Absolute Rubbish. Sorry but this is not some groundbreaking tour de force. It is a VERY boring, very very dull run and gun. It's only "deep and meaningful" if you are a naive teenager and the graphics flatter to deceive. I am stupid enough to have paid over £20 for this on pc and it is a total waste of money. You cannot interect with people you just run about shooting things and sufferingAbsolute Rubbish. Sorry but this is not some groundbreaking tour de force. It is a VERY boring, very very dull run and gun. It's only "deep and meaningful" if you are a naive teenager and the graphics flatter to deceive. I am stupid enough to have paid over £20 for this on pc and it is a total waste of money. You cannot interect with people you just run about shooting things and suffering patronizing "clever" storytelling. YAWNTASTIC. I give it a 3 because it was interesting for the first hour and it hasn't crashed. All this pathetic hyperbole by reviewers is actually mystifying:- "visionary", "groundbreaking"....no not at all, in fact very mediocre, unless i've woken up in about 2003. MUST TRY HARDER Expand
  62. Dec 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The FPS is completely a train ride. The story and level seem to drag out longer than necessary while leaving characters purpose unexplained. The ending makes the whole story meaningless. Expand
  63. Jun 27, 2013
    >2 weapon limit
    >no special ammo
    >uninspired generic CoD weapons >all vigors are stun+damage, except that water push one >each weapon has an almost identical variant that doesn't even use the same ammo >Halo shield >no hacking >nothing like neutral Big Daddies, Handymen are just big gorilla like enemies >story was redid 6 months before release >linear as levels, bad design >no
    >2 weapon limit
    >no special ammo
    >uninspired generic CoD weapons
    >all vigors are stun+damage, except that water push one
    >Halo shield
    >no hacking
    >nothing like neutral Big Daddies, Handymen are just big gorilla like enemies
    >story was redid 6 months before release
    >linear as levels, bad design
    >no storing medpacks/salts to force Elizabeth to be relevant

Mediocre game that on a great series.
    RIP System Shock 2.
  64. Feb 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played all of the BioShock series leading up to this and I don't know what this is. It seems that some BioShock elements were used to develop a limited, hokey shooter with silly elements added to it that have nothing to do with BioShock 1 and 2.

Furthermore, the context of the story is unnecessary and unappreciated (racism...really?). It actually sheds some negative connotations on our founding fathers and the history of the United States albeit in some "attempted" humorous fashion.

To sum it all up; if you're looking for a continuation of the epic BioShock 1 and 2 series, this isn't it. It's a rip-off from the coattails of the former two. Much like a horrible "part 3" of an otherwise fantastic movie series that wasn't written or directed by the team of the first two. The only reason I'm playing through this is because I bought it...thankfully on sale.
  65. Dec 9, 2013
    3 hrs in so expect minor spoilers.
    3 hrs in so expect minor spoilers.
    This game is not only supremely boring and linear, it's also aggravating and repulsive from a story point of view. So there's this beautiful city in the clouds, where people live in (seeming?) harmony, and my job is to... kill everyone?! Violently and indiscriminately? Seriously, why would I do that? Because they're devout Churchgoers (not a big fan of religion myself btw)? Or because they haven't achieved race equality yet? Now how about changing these things through political and social means, you know, bringing about enlightenment and humanist thinking by educating people? But no. The only way to progress in this game is through mass-murder. Now if this was GTA I'd find that fun, too, but
    this game seems to be wanting taken seriously.
    Apart from that, it's just a very linear shooter with mindless enemies, repetitive gunfights and poor animation. Last night I actually fell asleep while playing go figure.
    A few points for the beautiful flying city, though.
  66. Apr 9, 2013
    Well.. you Walk and look around, shoot sometimes and thats very much it. The Story is a bit confusing and nothing Special. Here and there it reminds me on Dishonored.
    I really dont understand all the Hype here.
    The only Positive things are Elisabeth, (Its kinda cool to have her around.) and the Steampunk setting.
    But after all its a short and Boring Game to me.
  67. Aug 26, 2013
    Visuals: Basic graphics. Poor animations. Terrible AI you can stand on an NPC and they just look blankly at you. Repetitive unrealistic signage. Crude environments that would actually be impossible to really live in. Obviously designed to be rushed past while you bang bang blam everything that moves. It's all as fake as a chess board.

Story: Really very lame various ideas are

Story: Really very lame various ideas are thrown into the pot with no attention paid to sense. It's not internally consistent. All of a sudden you get these magical "vigors" with no explanation. Powered by "salt". Very lazy ideas. Vigor dispensers are everywhere, so why doesn't everyone have them? WTF are these patriot machines doing everywhere? The whole story of the lamb why would you build such massively gigantic heavy statues on a floating world? Why is there a need for SO MUCH FORCE everywhere and yet residents act like there is none?

Shooting: Really all there is to it, bang bang bang. Enemies act completely stupidly and predictably at all times. This game really shows a totally simplistic and ugly American view of life in this world. It's quite sick really.

I hated it and if you loved it don't expect us to be hanging out together anytime soon.
  68. Apr 13, 2013
    I'm one of the few guys who doesn't understand the score of this game. It's an ultra basic rail shooter with a poor Call of Duty-like gameplay. It's really beautiful and artistic, yes, I give you that. But is this what video games are about? They're giving 100% to an interactive movie. I'd recommend a million times Dishonored over BioShock Infinite. It's also a recent FPS, with an artisticI'm one of the few guys who doesn't understand the score of this game. It's an ultra basic rail shooter with a poor Call of Duty-like gameplay. It's really beautiful and artistic, yes, I give you that. But is this what video games are about? They're giving 100% to an interactive movie. I'd recommend a million times Dishonored over BioShock Infinite. It's also a recent FPS, with an artistic and original visual identity. But its gameplay is a hundred times more deep. Open spaces, tons of different approaches, moral choices with impact.
    Oh and, before I forget, System Shock 2, the ancestor of the BioShock series, had skills, inventory, open spaces, SHODAN (the character who inspired GladOS)... Don't you realize AAA games nowadays are designed to be reaaaaally easy on your brains?
  69. Mar 27, 2013
    I love system shock 2 and I used to be a major thief fan as well, but Ken Levine has let me and other fans down by taking infinite's lazy route. By lazy, I don't mean that he and his company didn't work hard at all, I'm sure they did in many regards, but overall the product they chose to create was not original in the least. Despite what you'll read in all of these other super glowingI love system shock 2 and I used to be a major thief fan as well, but Ken Levine has let me and other fans down by taking infinite's lazy route. By lazy, I don't mean that he and his company didn't work hard at all, I'm sure they did in many regards, but overall the product they chose to create was not original in the least. Despite what you'll read in all of these other super glowing reviews, Infinite is a cop out because it basically just takes bioshock and puts it in the sky but with none of the things that made that game phenominal. The story... Bioshock was about a city underneath the ocean but that was at least somewhat believable. You might be able to believe in that, but a city floating in the clouds? My first gut reaction to that was the same one I'm having now despite the fact that I convinced myself otherwise. I told myself that I probably would like it just as much as bioshock 1 even though its setting is beyond stupid but I was wrong. The game is just not believable. There are several plot holes and inconsistencies that ruin the experience. Here's one example. Booker notes early on that the skyhooks must be magnetized and that's why he jolts over to them and connects to them with ease and never falls to his death as would really be the case. That's great... Here's the problem... He then jumps off of the magnetic rails easy as pie over and over again against the very same force that supposedly is powerful enough to lift him up 20 feet for the initial connection. There are more logic defiers in the game, but we're supposed to forget about that, right? Because the story is so good... Except it's not. The story is just terrible. It feels lame someone made an imitation game of bioshock and just made it in the clouds intsead of under the sea, and it fails just as it sounds like it would. I just can't by any of the characters that I'm supposed to care about. Comstock is a lame version of Andrew Ryan who is not believable. The leader of the rebels against his city is equally lame and has a "forced" feeling to her, as if the decision was made to put this certain character in here to relate to a target audience but instead she just feels entirely fake. And Elizabeth... I knew all along that a permanent NPC tagging along the entire game would ruin it and she does. She never shuts up and she gets in the way when you're trying to run somewhere. I don't care if she has hundreds of lines of dialogue because she points out obvious crap and I don't care about her. I feel like I want infinite to be about me and my exciting adventure in the floating city, but instead it's about this annoying character's feelings all the way through. Her behavior is disgustingly predictable. First she likes you, then she goes through an omg I hate you phase, and spazes out and knocks your character out (because you're too stupid to handle yourself even though you're capable of slaughtering 500 enemies...) I'm about 50% to 75% of the way through the game but I seriously have no interest in continuing. Why should I? The story will obviously be a let down and it's playing out like a bad action movie. There are no amazing villains like Andrew Ryan or Fontaine, or Shodan. No. Instead you're supposed to fear and respect an old dude with a beard. Oh and he's a racist. Wow, let's just hit all of the stereotypical bad guy traits on the checklist. So yeah, if he's that generic and he's supposed to be the antagonist, yawn-o-rama. Mr. Levin, you SHOULD have made this game in the future in the same vein as system shock 2. I was irritated when you did the whole bioshock back in time crap to begin with but I learned to like it because you made the story worthwhile. That's not the case with this Weird.... Thing.... *sighs* Infinite brings down the original bioshock just by carrying on its name and crushing the potential a true sequel could have realized. This thing is just an easy copy paste of bioshock with a much weaker generic story in the sky instead of under the water. It's not believable, it's not interesting, scary or heart wrenching, it's just boring. And that is the worst sin a game can commit. Please don't make another bioshock game set before 2000 AD Seriously... Enough with this old timer music and bizarre fetishism for the 1900s 1950s. It's not that appealing. Expand
  70. May 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first thing thatt came into mind was a deep dissapointment when i saw users criticizing the gale and calling it overhyped, i bought the game with expectations that it wont be able to touch the original bioshock. I am here to say i couldnt have been more wrong. When first entering columbia, i was in complete awe. The city felt like heavan on earth and for the first time playing a video game, i truly believed that this was the most remarkable city i have ever seen. That doesnt come to say it has an amazing cast of characters. Our broken protagonist Booker plays at first your typical antihero, but evolves to become a character i geniounly care about due to his relationship with elizabeth. Oh elizabeth, words cannot describe her. She truly is the heart of the game. The changes she goes through in the game is both spectacular and heart wrenching. Seeing her evolve from the innocent girl who was locked away in a tower for 20 years and a desire to explore the world and go to Paris to a broken girl who had to commit violent acts to escape the horrors of Columbia. Booker also sympathizes with these emotions as he troes to deperately help Elizabeth escape. The story is excellent and well paced. The gameplay is engaging thpugh at times feels limited, but that doesnt detract from the game. This game is at par or even better than the original bioshock. Truly remarkeable work andI hope that the game comes out with dlcs soon. Expand
  71. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is liberal propaganda with overrated graphics. If you believe the moral strutcture of our society needs a serious overhaul and need to be informed of such with subpar graphics and linear gameplay, then this is the game for you!
  72. Apr 18, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an awful game. It is overrated. 95 metascore? Well, they have spent a lot of money to get that score. The game is very boring. The graphics are really bad. I don't recommend you to buy this game because you'll fall asleep when you will play it. The same goes to the first and the second Bioshock
  73. Apr 27, 2013
    seriously, why the critics gave it such a high score is beyond me. maybe because was the best game around on the month it was released? maybe due to a fetish for elizabeth? the story makes little sense and lets you down. some enemies are pointlessly hard to kill. the politics at colombia (the city) is childish. too little explanation on anything. portal was witty, comic. hitman hadseriously, why the critics gave it such a high score is beyond me. maybe because was the best game around on the month it was released? maybe due to a fetish for elizabeth? the story makes little sense and lets you down. some enemies are pointlessly hard to kill. the politics at colombia (the city) is childish. too little explanation on anything. portal was witty, comic. hitman had freedom. half life had better ame play. this had none of those. Expand
  74. Jun 9, 2013
    A very pretty game with worthless AI, incredibly boring gameplay, a limited selection of enemy types, and more undeserved hype than you can imagine. No multiplayer, no challenge, zero replay value. The so-called 1999 mode is worthless to me because after finishing the game in normal mode, it exhibits problems that are simply not going to be resolved by making the game a bit harder.A very pretty game with worthless AI, incredibly boring gameplay, a limited selection of enemy types, and more undeserved hype than you can imagine. No multiplayer, no challenge, zero replay value. The so-called 1999 mode is worthless to me because after finishing the game in normal mode, it exhibits problems that are simply not going to be resolved by making the game a bit harder.

The story is amazing only if you have somehow until now managed to avoid the concept of a videogame telling a story. If this is not a shocking new development for you and you enjoy an easy shooter without a lot of demands on the player, consider this if it ever goes below $10. Until then, save your money.
  75. Mar 20, 2014
    As a regular game player I like to think I'm in tune with other game players. But this game has proved that wrong.

I really do not get how such a mediocre linear boring game gets such a high mark from other reviews. I tried to like the game, honestly I did . I wanted to like it. It is a beautiful game which is why it got some points. But it is the same thing over and over again. Run a bit enter an arena fight bad guys. Run some more into another arena fight more bad guys. No skill in avoiding them or getting around them. Boring boring boring. Has it really come to this when a game like this gets top marks. Is everyone blinded.

I really enjoyed the first BioShock. Plenty of options to figure out different ways to get the bad guys. The real need to conserve your precious ammo and health. All that I enjoyed of the first game seemingly stripped away.

Sorry but I really do not get the hype of this game.
  76. Aug 25, 2013
    As a lot of people have said, overrated and over-hyped.

As a lot of people have said, overrated and over-hyped.

The story takes itself too seriously and ends up making no sense, trying to stand out but failing. Gameplay is very bland, giving you limits on how you play the game. Vigors (the new plasmids) are completely irrelevant to gameplay but only a few times. The sky rail mechanics are broken and should not be used at all if on higher difficulty.

I hate how people are so blinded by JUST the story and Elizabeth, who is the only interesting character in the game. Booker is a boring, static, and cliche protagonist. The AI are absolutely retarded when fighting. The handyman is the only exception to the bad enemy AI.

Graphics are bland and covered by bloom, hdr, and lighting effects. Textures are mediocre to poor.

The BI team obviously focused too much on story-telling to make this a top notch shooter. The only reason I gave this a two because of the good ideas and concepts (floating city, steampunk/dieselpunk style, enemy design). I hate to be writing a review like this, but I just can't get into this at all.
  77. Oct 21, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is the best example of a game company favoring story over game play. The game holds the players hand throughout the game, there is a line the player can bring up to show where to go, or you can go exploring and rummage through trashcans for food that don’t do anything for the player. If you die the game just brings you back to life where you just died with little to noBioshock Infinite is the best example of a game company favoring story over game play. The game holds the players hand throughout the game, there is a line the player can bring up to show where to go, or you can go exploring and rummage through trashcans for food that don’t do anything for the player. If you die the game just brings you back to life where you just died with little to no consequence, even on the hardest mode available to a first time player. The difficulty in the game is just non-existent.

The story in Bioshock Infinite is the best redeeming quality for the game. The player assumes the role of Booker, who is sent to Columbia to rescue Elizabeth to pay off a debt. The real positive part of the story is more of the characters than the actual time line of the story. The game makes you actually care about the characters, but the actual content of what you are playing just feels unimportant. Add one of the most disappointing endings to a game and you’ve got the story of one of the most overrated games of all time.

The graphics are nice to look at, if you like the art direction the game took, and there is no denying that. While the game looks good, it still doesn’t play well.
  78. Jun 16, 2014
    The game-play is extremely bland and unsatisfying. However, the story-line can be interesting at times. The graphics are spectacular, but round edges and water could be better. Most of the time, I am completely lost as to why I am being attacked, and who is attacking me. The actual game-play is terrible, a very basic shooter with only 2 or 3 usable guns.
  79. Feb 2, 2014
    This game was not made for me. I found it to be very boring, with the same rinse-repeat shootouts without much of a break. The story line and themes were incredibly convoluted. What a shame, considering I really like the first and second Bioshock. I will however, play it a second time on a higher difficulty to see if that makes any sort of difference. I really was hoping to enjoy this.
  80. Aug 22, 2014
    Shame to see these overrated piles of rubbish appearing in this day and age.

Graphics: Bloom, blinding lightning and smoke/fog covering up low quality textures and poor polymer structuring. Sound: Mediocre "christian influenced" music is almost dominating for more than half the game until they start to segment everything into eerie stressful, almost tribal drum music and even some
    Shame to see these overrated piles of rubbish appearing in this day and age.

Sound: Mediocre "christian influenced" music is almost dominating for more than half the game until they start to segment everything into eerie stressful, almost tribal drum music and even some quick Irish pub violin later on. This causes everything to have a very plastic feel (even though the ambiance is all good) and when combined with the seemingly random British accents, It serves only to give everything a plastic feel.

Gameplay: Halo's regenerative shield is given to you on a silver platter (literally) to fend off a moronic AI that excels at nothing but to constantly take "cover" in plain sight. The only time I got even remotely overwhelmed was when they managed to pull off zerg-rush tactics but It turns out that was my fault since I passed the invisible "spawn enemy once he's here" line without killing everything in sight first. It also serves to be a real bummer as the weapons in this game either one-shot everything or have literally no impact on anything at certain difficulties leaving the game to be extremely easy or annoyingly tedious instead of properly hard.

These maps also have to be some of the most mundanely linear things with invisible walls around every single corner which servers to be the biggest disappointment as the game is advertised to be "open-styled". But hey, gotta get the games on consoles somehow while also slurping it over half-arsed on a PC, right?

Story: Predictable and incredibly confusing at the same time as the plot throws in space-time continuums like they're verbs. Other than that, the game is simply a massive corridor filled with enemies and the occasional carefully placed camera angles to sexually expose Elizabeth as much as humanly possible. Because hey, only kids will fall into the trap to buy this game... Right?

Long story short, Buy it at a sale and get in with little in the form of expectations and preferably with two defunct eyes as well.
  81. Feb 21, 2015
    I like pc games a lot but could not understand the hype around this one. The story seems to be too complicated, shooting mechanics quite boring, the wanna-be-cool graphics are no really creating a feeling of un-linear game design.. this game just could not keep me interested.
  82. Oct 19, 2013
    THE MOST OVERRATED GAME OF THE LAST 5 YEARS

- Pretentious writing and story telling - Out of date visuals, looks like a game from 7 years ago [Not surprising considering it was built for consoles and their tiny little amount of power] - Clunky and outdated gameplay. - Consolitis infected UI - Consolitis infected control scheme - Consolitis zoomed in FoV - Consolitis "Cant save
    THE MOST OVERRATED GAME OF THE LAST 5 YEARS

- Pretentious writing and story telling
    - Clunky and outdated gameplay.
    - Consolitis infected UI
    - Consolitis infected control scheme
    - Consolitis zoomed in FoV
    - Consolitis "Cant save when you want, we tell you when your game is saved" system. Sometimes you are forced to play for 30 minutes almost without your game saving. Really cool if you need to leave for work or another issue yeah? But that's typical of console gaming.

Complete waste of time and %100 tripe from Ken "I sold out to consoles" Levine

Lol at the other reviewer who said the graphics are "mesmerizing". I guess the last graphics he looked at was a console game in 1998
  83. Apr 21, 2013
    Poorly designed first-person-shooter with useless spells called vigors that are made redundant by overpowered guns you are constantly being fed ammo for. Not only that but there are automated sentries littered throughout the game you can activate to play the game for you. The plot is just a build-up to an epic twist and it is essentially a 10 hour escort mission with a typical damselPoorly designed first-person-shooter with useless spells called vigors that are made redundant by overpowered guns you are constantly being fed ammo for. Not only that but there are automated sentries littered throughout the game you can activate to play the game for you. The plot is just a build-up to an epic twist and it is essentially a 10 hour escort mission with a typical damsel running in front of your gun and whining. Expand
  84. Jun 11, 2013
    The most overrated game of the year, with a ridiculous setting, a badly-narrated plot that made no sense at any point, and that left the player wondering what's happening throughout the game. And the game itself was just an average, straight forward shooter that wasn't even much fun. It was a bore to get through it, and I only endured it because I wanted to see what the ending was allThe most overrated game of the year, with a ridiculous setting, a badly-narrated plot that made no sense at any point, and that left the player wondering what's happening throughout the game. And the game itself was just an average, straight forward shooter that wasn't even much fun. It was a bore to get through it, and I only endured it because I wanted to see what the ending was all about. Honestly, the game is not worth the time invested, and I don't know why all the critics are raving about it. Expand
  85. May 18, 2013
    looks like today for a good game you just need American flag and founding fathers!? This game tries to be serious, but deeply fails.

Great hype!!!!!!
  86. Apr 13, 2013
    Infinite sets out to be a bioshock game but fails to grasp what made Bioshock 1 good. Bioshock 1 and 2 was set in a city under the sea and this not only made for some interesting environments and Lighting but also gave you a much greater feeling of decay and danger seeing how the city was gradually being reclaimed by the sea. These feelings are lost in infinite largely due to theInfinite sets out to be a bioshock game but fails to grasp what made Bioshock 1 good. Bioshock 1 and 2 was set in a city under the sea and this not only made for some interesting environments and Lighting but also gave you a much greater feeling of decay and danger seeing how the city was gradually being reclaimed by the sea. These feelings are lost in infinite largely due to the inabillity to look out of most windows and the fact that thers no real sense of danger if a window or even an entire wall breaks.

Another thing that this game lacks is the use of plasmids (or vígors as they call it), sure they exist in the game but the only enemies that actually uses any seems to be the Zelot and fireman making alot of the combat dull and generic. They also lack a good explenation to why or how these vigors where invented in ifinite making it feel like they where just thrown in at the last minute.

One small thing that i miss that you can no longer see the difference on your weapons or plasmids after upgrades. I also think that it is very sad that they dont have puzzles like lock-picking and hacking.

But even rating the game without looking at the games that came previously in the series does not make it better. The story started ok but made less sense the longer i played and resulted in a rather lackluster ending after a few uses of the plot progression tool known as "rifts". The Graphics are not terrible but lags behind as most console titles tend to do and it only supports checkpoint saving.

The game is also laughably easy due to 3 reasons: Regenerating Shields, Elisabeth keeps you rather well supplied with ammunition, Health, salt and coins and If you die you will just get ressurected closte to where you died and lose some Money.
  87. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is absolutely overwhelmed. The graphics is mediocre, even in max settings. The low res textures and poor models are a shame. The story is complete nonsense, the characters have no personality. I hate it.
  88. Mar 31, 2013
    Over hyped, linear storyline, poor mechanics, choices are mere aesthetics, False advertisement, producers and developers clearly had no idea what they were doing, seems like they spent most of their money getting two people to write song about the damn game then clearly adding to the single player experience then taking away from it. example of why disappointedOver hyped, linear storyline, poor mechanics, choices are mere aesthetics, False advertisement, producers and developers clearly had no idea what they were doing, seems like they spent most of their money getting two people to write song about the damn game then clearly adding to the single player experience then taking away from it. example of why disappointed http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/fuusn2/bioshock-infinite-ten-minute-demo-gameplay Expand
  89. Apr 4, 2013
    I with all the other negative reviewers.this game is boring.An other reviewer said it best."Just because an idea is overly convoluted and complex, doesn't make it cool". The ending was muddled garbage.I used my ugly guns without needing those cheezy powers.Its too linear and it never too hard.No challenge at all.The person who watched me play said "thats it?" for a game that spends 3yrs inI with all the other negative reviewers.this game is boring.An other reviewer said it best."Just because an idea is overly convoluted and complex, doesn't make it cool". The ending was muddled garbage.I used my ugly guns without needing those cheezy powers.Its too linear and it never too hard.No challenge at all.The person who watched me play said "thats it?" for a game that spends 3yrs in dev.The game should be longer.With no multiplayer?.With the voice of Jax Teller from son of anarchy"you've got be kidding me". Expand
  90. Apr 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am astounded by the many positive reviews. Aside from the graphics, this game is lame in every conceivable way. The "story" barely deserves that label. It's just a bunch of very tired time-travel and alternate-reality cliches piled on top of one another, with no semblance of character development or plot. The ending is senseless and depressing. And entirely bereft of logic. Why did DeWitt do what he did? Who were the two people following him around? What was the big bird?? And most important, if everything was predestined, why the should I care?? ASIDE from all that, the gameplay is really weak. The weapons lack precision, the kills are unsatisfying, the combat is poorly paced. And there are WAY too many on-rails segments. (Literally on-rails, not just metaphorically.) This 'game' is a barely-interactive embarrassment. I played it through to the bitter end so you don't have to. Trust me, it's not worth it. Expand
  91. Apr 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game that doesn't really deserve any of the praise it gets. The gameplay is very easy, even when compared to the original Bioshock due to the fact that there's a two weapon limit in a linear FPS, and that there's regenerating health. Most of the RPG elements found in the previous games are nowhere to be found. Bad gameplay aside, what really baffles me is that the worst part of Bioshock Infinite, its story, is the reason it's garnered so much praise. From what we've heard, the original story was simple, but still holds up. This new story desperately tries to implement time travel to make its story seem deep, and the plot is directly ripped from Looper. Overall, Bioshock Infinite isn't worth your time, unless you have a thing for Steampunk and chicks with bob cuts. Expand
  92. May 25, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game but can't seem to interest myself in it. I loved the first two. Perhaps, I shouldn't have played Farcry 3 first. It is hard to compare a FUN (and even goofy) game against one with mediocre, stiff combat and too much religious and racial discussion. When I play a game, I want to have fun and escape from the real world and not be subjected to politicalI really wanted to like this game but can't seem to interest myself in it. I loved the first two. Perhaps, I shouldn't have played Farcry 3 first. It is hard to compare a FUN (and even goofy) game against one with mediocre, stiff combat and too much religious and racial discussion. When I play a game, I want to have fun and escape from the real world and not be subjected to political statements. I know people are a$$holes. And I do not feel the need to pay someone else to remind me of it. There's not a ton I can do except treat everyone equal and hope time will heal itself. For now, my gaming time is limited, and I've just freed up that time for something else. Expand
  93. Oct 5, 2013
    This is an interactive movie, not a game. The expectation with Bioshock is that the gameplay is in a sandbox; this one is linear. One expects to be able to skip cut-scene's and that they will be brief, most of the storyline (and advertising at the start) is forced on you. It's a half hour before you get a gun from the start of the game and some cutscene's last up to 15 minutes. InsteadThis is an interactive movie, not a game. The expectation with Bioshock is that the gameplay is in a sandbox; this one is linear. One expects to be able to skip cut-scene's and that they will be brief, most of the storyline (and advertising at the start) is forced on you. It's a half hour before you get a gun from the start of the game and some cutscene's last up to 15 minutes. Instead of adding game-play time was spent on recordings, video's, and other schwag added in all over the place. Graphics and ambiance are over the top and impracticable for a shooter; if you have a job and come home from a long day of work to get away from it all, you find yourself with a headache from sensory overload. Giving it a score of 1 because in the 3 hours of playtime, it didn't crash once and THAT is worth something in this industry. This one is for the kiddies, and certainly nobody who's ever experienced a proper FPS. Absolute garbage. Expand
  94. Dec 19, 2013
    go shoot, and that's the whole game, no deposit, I do not understand what it all like?
    I dont reccomend that, i got it on steamgifts, its not a game//
  95. Jul 25, 2014
    I'm giving one pint for this boring **** because my little daughter like this game. I don't know how.
    I have to recognize one thing. I can't believe the have contrated Daniel day Lewis to make the soundtrack, but in the other side i understand it BECAUSE IS **** AWFUL.
    But for luck the didn't call Bryan Cranston to make the soundtrack...
  96. Jan 27, 2015
    Another clunky shooter covered with lights and fog machines to hide the fact it's so poorly and cheaply constructed the graphics quality on maximum settings look no better than Bioshock.It was all hype and crap and insipid people buying into a steam punk theme...

The story was borderline incest time travel Daughter/wife/killer WTH
  97. Apr 17, 2013
    It's generic shoot 'em up with a better than average story that goes haywire in the end. I really don't know how critics can give this game so high score. It's 6+/10 at it's best no more!.
  98. Apr 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The only thing that is good is the basic idea of a floating city, not any of the politics. This game is basically a standard "white devil" game that attacks America, Christianity, Whites, and conservatives (and I mean some warped version of conservatives that liberals think conservatives are), the only people it is acceptable to attack anymore (dont forget men and heteros though), its so common that it doesnt bother me that much. I am used to liberal bias in games (for instance bioware but DA1 and ME were good otherwise) and I am not giving it a zero based on that, I just thought Id point this out. I judge people as individuals and believe in merit and personal responsibility, and know that any person could do the things that were done and not just straight white christian male conservatives are capable of evil.

In the first few minutes you are drowned in your baptism somehow with like 20 people around you in knee deep water with some warped pseudo version of christianity, and that is also the ending you must be drowned in another baptism type scene. It feels like the dev just hates Christianity tbh. I mean can you imagine if this game was about nationalist racist Jews and Isreal? It would never see the light of day and we all know it.

Its linear, ez mode, consolized trash, with boring powers, boring guns, dumbed down gameplay, trash UI, and a halo shield mechanic. Its like if you made bioshock 1 worse in everyway but also discriminatory and full of liberal propaganda. There is almost no RPG and no inventory. Its just bland, generic, and boring. None of the characters are interesting at all in the least and I had to quit half way through due to extreme boredom. There is no challenge. Elizabeth was interesting at first but it feels like you are just sent off on random tasks with no reason behind it or explanation, and I did watch spoilers of the ending so I know what happened, and its not interesting and doesnt make sense, you cant undo what you did by using knowledge of things that you are trying to undo, not even with multiple timelines because you STILL are relying on information you are attempting to erase, if anything it would just split again into two more multiverses.

The hard mode is extremely ez and I didnt know about 1999 until chapter 20 (when I quit), and u cant change difficulty mid game for some stupid reason (prob related to, lol, achievements). I mean why lock the hardest mode? Its a trend in gaming nowadays and its very annoying, I guess I need to research everygame and see if it has an unlockable mode that presents any sort of challenge, but not too much wont want people to have to try or adapt, nope gotta be spoonfed and babysat.

The guns suck and are boring, The enemies are small in number but come in waves so it is chaotic (seems like they spawn behind you at random and Im good at shooters and watch my flank). The abilities are also boring. You constantly run out of ammo so you have to swap to different guns since you can only carry two, or are forced to buy ammo. Girly throws you ammo sometimes but I dont like being forced to use w/e weapons are available if I dont want to waste money on ammo, so you can either be wasteful or have to constantly swap guns and hope they dont despawn on you. Also looting is terrible, there is no point in it b/c you pick up everything, it just wastes our time. The illusion of certain foods adding one state and decreasing another doesnt really matter, might as well let pickup be auto and not waste our time scrounging, since its a rail shooter with no inventory anyway. Low ammo caps just complicates the gun problem forcing you to swap, it doesnt make it harder in anyway, just annoying b/c I'd prefer to have a pistol and carbine.

There is no tactics or strategy needed, its spam bullets until you need shield or health, then hide, repeat. Summoning in other world isnt even interesting because they dont do much except let you toggle one benefit at a time, rather than do anything exciting. And apparently other universes are broadcasted on old crappy TVs with bad reception. The only thing you need to do is shock any difficult enemy and unload into them, and its EXTREMELY repetitive. Enemies take multiple headshots too, its just boring and stupid with obvious console limitations and terrible AI. The AI is basically path to you if they cant shoot you, and if they can see you they shoot from across the map.

And the enemies dont do too much damage or have decent aim, but your shield recharge slow and your guns take forever to kill anything and are inaccurate, aiming with ironsights seems to be LESS accurate for some reason and has massive recoil.

Another trash console money grabbing game not worth anyones time and blatantly discriminatory and offensive. I guess thats the price USA has to pay for being the greatest country on earth.
  99. Apr 7, 2013
    They've invested a whooping $100 million in 'marketing', look it up. This is written off against tax.
    Nevermind the product, we have to keep the ball rolling.
    Because from an artistical and a technical point of view, this is nothing but child-oriented junk.
  100. Sep 5, 2013
    This game is abysmal. Complete waste of time and I'll apologize, but not worth a long review.
    Game play, mechanically speaking, as an FPS is disgustingly simple and usually bad and inconsistent. The weapons are not good with very little noticeable difference in "upgrades".
    The story is boring and drags on; Columbia is no Rapture. It was so bad I walked away for 5 months and then decided to finish it before uninstalling and that was a mistake. The ending is worthless drivel.
    BORING. I can't believe all the people that think this passes as even a remotely good game. Complete waste of time and money in every respect (and I loved Bioshock).

Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]