BioShock Infinite PC

8.5

1. Jan 31, 2016
    It’s hard to deny that the original Bioshock was praised so highly because it was so unique. Bioshock Infinite retreads a lot of the same ground, at least mechanically, but with parts that aren’t nearly as diverse or varied as its predecessor...Its enemies are uninspired and its world not nearly as rich, but that still doesn’t stop Bioshock Infinite having the tools to give you a greatIt’s hard to deny that the original Bioshock was praised so highly because it was so unique. Bioshock Infinite retreads a lot of the same ground, at least mechanically, but with parts that aren’t nearly as diverse or varied as its predecessor...Its enemies are uninspired and its world not nearly as rich, but that still doesn’t stop Bioshock Infinite having the tools to give you a great time all the same. Expand
  2. Jan 28, 2016
    This game is amazing. My first playthrough I thought it was just okay, but replaying it made me completely fall in love with it. Great story-telling, great mechanics and controls, great abilities, and great action make this game one of the best of all time. Spectacularly engaging even if you don't enjoy shooters. My only complaint is that, because it is not an open-world game, itThis game is amazing. My first playthrough I thought it was just okay, but replaying it made me completely fall in love with it. Great story-telling, great mechanics and controls, great abilities, and great action make this game one of the best of all time. Spectacularly engaging even if you don't enjoy shooters. My only complaint is that, because it is not an open-world game, it doesn't seem like you get to fully explore Columbia.

Cost me $3.40 on sale, played 35 hours. Super value.
  3. Jan 18, 2016
    Wuao! i just finished it, It is the best game i have ever played, i can't describe what im felling right now, but BioShock is one of those rare games that connect with something very deep in you.
    This game is a jewel, if you havent played yet, do yourself a favor.
  4. Jan 18, 2016
    The graphics look nice, the gamemechanics work fine, the game has a long Campaign and it has a story. Only the game has the same stuff as the excellent Bioshock all over again, only much less intriguing and with the novelty long gone. This game is incredibly overrated, that's for sure. It's simply not all that fun. The most fun is derived from listening to the English couple debating,The graphics look nice, the gamemechanics work fine, the game has a long Campaign and it has a story. Only the game has the same stuff as the excellent Bioshock all over again, only much less intriguing and with the novelty long gone. This game is incredibly overrated, that's for sure. It's simply not all that fun. The most fun is derived from listening to the English couple debating, shooting the carbine and watching your hands change when finding a new vigor. The rest is meh. Expand
  5. Dec 30, 2015
    There are times when writing a review of a game is really difficult because you do not know how to use words to describe the beauty of the title. BioShock Infinite is, well, one of those.
  6. Dec 12, 2015
    Gameplay : 8
    Graphics : 8
    Story : 9
    Sound : 9
    Overall : 8
  7. Dec 9, 2015
    Pros
    Nice atmosphere.
    Good gore.

Cons
    Nonsensical plot full of holes.
    Ridiculous characters
    Devolution of combat from the previous games.

A game slightly below average , I don't hate I don't love it , tomorrow I'll forget about it.
  8. Dec 1, 2015
    Absolutely beautiful the game, stunning graphicss, you wanna is stop and look around you, highly recommended I'm a huge fan of BioShock series, the downside is the 2 arms system could be nicer your companion can at least hold your guns or at least one extra, Some people complain about alternative endings but they just wanna ending the series with this one last game, This game isAbsolutely beautiful the game, stunning graphicss, you wanna is stop and look around you, highly recommended I'm a huge fan of BioShock series, the downside is the 2 arms system could be nicer your companion can at least hold your guns or at least one extra, Some people complain about alternative endings but they just wanna ending the series with this one last game, This game is essentially if you're a hardcore gamer or anyone who likes a nice fresh story. Expand
  9. Dec 1, 2015
    This game is quite a fun ride while it lasts. If you jumped on the hype train you were given a nice ride, but the return home was quite a downer. This is a game that any fan of the Bioshock series should buy, but multiple playthroughs will leave the player wanting more.
  10. Nov 28, 2015
    Awful. I have been playing games for a long time. After 2007, I stopped playing hardcore and I played only those games that looked promising. I enjoyed a lot Bioshock so I tried Infinite, and I quit after 4h (could have quit after 2).

I am appalled by the positive reviews. I really think that people who give this an excellent score must be CoD-type games fans, because there is nothing sophisticated, exciting and even remotely innovative about this. CoD has innovated more actually.
    Here are a few points to keep you away from this game:
    linear gallery shooter
    poor shooting mechanics
    poor vigor mechanics
    stupid AI
    textures are of abysmal quality, even for being 2013, and I do not even really care much for the visual part in games
    overusage of bloom shader
    skyhook ends up being a gimmick
    waste of a promising setting like the sky city, instead it ends up being one of the most linear and constrictive titles I have ever played
    gear system does not seem to have much effect, and it is totally unrewarding
    TOO EASY
    I cannot speak for the whole plot because I stopped after a few hours, but if this game is considered by reviewers as a top-notch example of storytelling, I can see why videogames are not held by the same standards as movies, tv and literature as an art form. No subtlety whatsover. Everything is explained to you like you were a dumb kid.
    Beside Elizabeth, BORING characters. After a hour and a half i was already bored of the title because I could see the direction
    I could go on and on, but many people already explained here what is wrong with this games, especially when it comes to the shooting/plasmid mechanics.

if you have a brain and value your time as much as I value mine, avoid this title.
  11. Nov 21, 2015
    Game: Bioshock Infinite
    Genre: First Person Shooting - Horror
    Developer: 2K Games System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 93/100 Value Score: 9.3/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Main protagonist actually has a personality/character compared to
    Game: Bioshock Infinite

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Main protagonist actually has a personality/character compared to the first two Bioshock games
    +The buddy system with Elizabeth is a unique and fresh breath of air to the series
    +The setting and environment is nicely done - has a mixture of the dark atmosphere that BS1 had and a unique colorful vibrant atmosphere as well unique to the game
    +The DLC consists of two episodes which continues the storyline but with a twst and also contains a arena mode type of mini game allowing you to challenge yourself in combat
    +The story adds humor and dramatic story telling compared to the previous games
    +Voice acting is fantastic and goes well with the storytelling
    +Many key elements from the original Bioshock games come back both in the main game and in the DLC

Cons
    -In the main campaign you can only carry two weapons at a time however in the DLC you can carry as many like in Bioshock 1
    -Not many mini games in Infinite compared to Bioshock 1 except until episode 2 of Burial at Sea DLC
    -Difficulty in Bioshock Infinite gun game combat is easier than previous games
    -There are some lazy designs in some of the models such as the environment (i.e. Apples in a basket)
  12. Nov 16, 2015
    Sorry but the gameplay in this is mediocre. The actual FPS shooting action is extremely unsatisfying and feels similar to the earlier Bioshock games with not much evolution.

Everything else about this game is awesome however! It's setting is intriguing and classy. The graphics and sound are spot on and the characters in it are all great fun. Even if Booker is slightly cliche as the alcoholic PTSD veteran.

Elizabeth steals the show, she's probably worth a significant chunk of the score alone! The little magpie songbird, bless her...
  13. Nov 13, 2015
    Bioshock was a great game and this is a worthy sequel, you get invested in the plot and characters easily game play is good all the controls work fine I suppose some people may have a hard time following the plot but I didn’t and thought It was great although what’s happening isn’t really the focus of the game as much as the back and forth between booker and Elizabeth. The weapons are lessBioshock was a great game and this is a worthy sequel, you get invested in the plot and characters easily game play is good all the controls work fine I suppose some people may have a hard time following the plot but I didn’t and thought It was great although what’s happening isn’t really the focus of the game as much as the back and forth between booker and Elizabeth. The weapons are less then creative and while some of the powers are fun to use they don’t have the same punch as in bioshock and I mostly ended up using guns the entire time, the environment is a stark contrast to rapture but I like that because it fits the narrative better and well I let you play it to figure out the rest. Oh and its very pretty though graphics mean nothing to me but it made me notice so i guess i should say so, this is also the first time i have ever had a support in a game i wanted to have around.Overall it’s a great game well worth my money and as far as I’m concerned it’s the only sequel to bioshock and deserves that spot. Expand
  14. Nov 6, 2015
    After having played through its single player twice, I can't understand the amounts of high praise Bioshock Infinite gets for its storytelling and characters. Bioshock Infinite first and foremost treats the player as if they have no intelligence whatsoever - player agency is frequently taken away in the single player when the first person nature of the game would have made for interestingAfter having played through its single player twice, I can't understand the amounts of high praise Bioshock Infinite gets for its storytelling and characters. Bioshock Infinite first and foremost treats the player as if they have no intelligence whatsoever - player agency is frequently taken away in the single player when the first person nature of the game would have made for interesting interactive moments outside of the moment-to-moment combat, which itself is fairly mediocre, but I'll get to that shortly.

Bioshock Infinite presents a world in a similarly secluded location of the planet a la Bioshock, but without the logic of Rapture's ideal existence below the sea. It gives us a look into the extremes of nationalism but in the most politically correct way possible, muffling its own impact. As Booker DeWitt we're tasked with finding and escorting Elizabeth, a young woman of some importance with the ability to cross between parallel worlds. Despite being a shut in and the subject of experimentation she's socially apt and mentally equipped to deal with anything, which I found a bit strange. Bioshock Infinite presents itself in a way that begs you dearly to take it seriously for its mature themes, but it doesn't have any of the grit to back it up, save for the graphic violence which just becomes numbing after a short time. The ending in particular highlights many holes in the game's own plot and seems inconsequential given the game's highlighting of infinite worlds with infinite possibilities - the infamous "constants and variables" twist is truly a cop-out for the ages.

From a gameplay perspective, Bioshock Infinite makes a few additions from its predecessors in Rapture, in particular the skyhook mechanic, which can actually be abused to provide the player with essentially infinite shielding if a certain piece of gear is equipped. While skyhook combat is otherwise fun, the standard moment-to-moment gunfighting is second-rate at best. The game only allows Booker to carry two weapons at a time, which seems unfitting considering Bioshock allowed a great deal of preparation on the player's part as they could select their ammunition type, prime traps, or hack sentry devices in the environment in anticipation of engagements. Hacking is also simplified into a vigor, the stand-in for plasmids. It's temporary, and sentries can't be damaged while under the influence of the vigor. The ability to modify weapons is back, but is also hurt by the weapon carry limit as ammo for your preferred weapons can become scarce forcing you to use un-upgraded weapons scavenged from the battlefield which might perform quite poorly in comparison, even if the game has just introduced them to you. One particular boss fight in the game demonstrates the severely flawed design of the shooter mechanics in Infinite, as its large health pool and infinitely respawning minions can cause player "death", which keeps the game moving but sets you back in ammunition and cash, while the boss sees its health entirely replenished, opening the door to a situation in which players can be completely cornered without a bullet to plink off of the boss' armor.

While Bioshock did have some overlapping abilities, Infinite has the same issue with less abilities at the player's disposal. You'll find a variety of stun-type vigors, the aforementioned possession, a shield, and a charge. Typically the gameplay boils down to spotting sentries and possessing them, using Elizabeth, who is completely invulnerable and in absolutely no danger of capture/death at any moment, to provide you with context sensitive abilities while you commit to a stun>shoot pattern. Any creativity has been sapped from engagements, as level designs are linearized, interactivity with the world is reduced, and weapon variety is cut to a short list of generic designs with their complementary counterparts from a different faction.

What's unfortunate about the praise Infinite gets is the precedent that is established for other developers out there. It signals that it's okay to release what is essentially just another homogenized first person shooter so long as it presents itself as a piece of groundbreaking character driven storytelling. Bioshock Infinite is an incredibly pretentious game in that it presents intriguing concepts and has dark themes, but guts itself through a poor representation of what its world might actually be like had the developers committed to fleshing it out fully instead of reversing the nature of Bioshock's setting for its own sake, while guiding you by hand through its winding plot, providing the illusion of depth through obscurity. While it's a fairly good looking game, the individual elements comprising the experience as a whole just don't fit together very well, leaving Infinite in the limbo of utter mediocrity, which by today's standards is apparently an okay thing.
  15. Nov 3, 2015
    This game is AMAZING! You are Booker DeWitt and your job is to get the girl to remove the debt. Right away when you enter the city of Columbia you are captured by the great city. As you venture further you see the racist and diverse side of Columbia and you notice a corrupt man by the name of comstock. When you get Elizabeth she is no princess but someone with smarts that will help youThis game is AMAZING! You are Booker DeWitt and your job is to get the girl to remove the debt. Right away when you enter the city of Columbia you are captured by the great city. As you venture further you see the racist and diverse side of Columbia and you notice a corrupt man by the name of comstock. When you get Elizabeth she is no princess but someone with smarts that will help you through the game. She picks lock finds and gives u health ammo and salts during battle so you can like longer. She also finds money you may have missed. The vigors give you the ability to do special things like real in your opponents or burn them. You can only hold 2 weapons at once besides the melee which sucks but really the only bad thing about this game. Also Elizabeth can open things called tears which she can open so you can have a wall, turret, platform just to name a few. The final thing is THE SKYLINE!
    The skyline is soooooooooo much fun. You can use it to transport place to place. shoot from above. Escape near death and most importantly do the sexiest attack ever! You insta-kill the opponent and it looks sooo cool. Overall this game is a 10 out of 10 and 100% a must buy!
  16. Nov 1, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite on PC looks far superior to consoles and makes the overall experience that much better. The textures are not just sharper but also have extra fine detail not found on consoles. The gameplay, setting, story and characters are all top notch. One of the defining moments of last gen.
  17. Oct 30, 2015
    The history of this game is very very good, but the game itself its not that great because of recycled enemies it makes it a shooting gallery with the same enemies all tthe entire expierence. On the other hand graphics are beautiful, the main characters are superb , top notch voive acting and music.
  18. Oct 27, 2015
    One of the most immersive games i played. The way the story was told was incredible beautiful and damn right immersive. I was soo into it i finished the game in one go. Still hoping i would play a similar story told game.
  19. Oct 25, 2015
    Where Do I begin, I tought it would be a amazing game but I was so wrong, I could not be more desinterested in some game, I expected to be interested in the city but look bland and te peoples empty, then I expected a good bioshock 2 gameplay, but the 2 arms system ruined everything, the upgrades useless for the weapon change, so the last thing that I looked for was the story because IWhere Do I begin, I tought it would be a amazing game but I was so wrong, I could not be more desinterested in some game, I expected to be interested in the city but look bland and te peoples empty, then I expected a good bioshock 2 gameplay, but the 2 arms system ruined everything, the upgrades useless for the weapon change, so the last thing that I looked for was the story because I ever heard of the great plot twist,.

Then I give up, no I really was playing to the history by a point so I before i give up for the game i looked for spoiler, and boy, was that real? No I mean, if you gonna do something "smart" please think about the "infinite probabilities" I don't know how people give a ten scocre for the game, only for the name "Bioshock" in it at least can't be perfect for not have the spirit of bioshock.

This game only have this score because it's a standard FPS, with a medium scenary for games but great for a FPS, and a history because battlefield and call of duty are done. This game apeal for te popular and for making people think they are smar.
  20. Oct 24, 2015
    Simply one of the best games ever made, with one of the best stories ever told. There's not much to be said that would not ruin anything, though there is a warning: If you like the ending of the vanilla game, then do not play the Buried at Sea DLC. Especially avoid the second episode in that case.
  21. Oct 23, 2015
    Este juego me ha enamorado en todos sus aspectos, no puedo resaltar ninguno, porque todos están resaltados para mi. Es atrapante en todos los sentidos. Brutal.
  22. Oct 17, 2015
    내 인생게임 TOP 5에서 당당히 1위인 작품. 스토리 그래픽 미장센 모든것이 완벽했습니다.
    무기소지가 두개로 한정되어서 불편하고 DLC 1부가 무리수가 있었다는것은 맞지만 본편인 바이오쇼크 인피니트에서 보여준 퍼포먼스는 역대 어느 게임과도 뒤쳐지지않을 역사에 남을 명작입니다.
  23. Oct 7, 2015
    Compared to Bioshock 1 and 2, Infinite isnt that great in my opinion.

Booker and Elizabeth are good characters, as are Robert/Rosalind Lutece. I found the story not that exiting. Not to mention its pretty much the same plot as Bioshock 2. The enemies are not as good as the enemies in 1 and 2. Nothing as interesting as the splicers and their interesting chatter, no Big Daddy, no
    Compared to Bioshock 1 and 2, Infinite isnt that great in my opinion.

Booker and Elizabeth are good characters, as are Robert/Rosalind Lutece.

The enemies are not as good as the enemies in 1 and 2. Nothing as interesting as the splicers and their interesting chatter, no Big Daddy, no little sisters.

Comstock isnt as good as Andrew Ryan or Fontaine.

Another problem i had with Infinite was all those infinite dimensions.
    Also i hate all those false choices. The game gives you choices that arent choices.
    Also the ending of Infinite wasnt all that great.
  24. Sep 27, 2015
    With it's heavy themes, impressive visuals, great soundtrack, fluid gameplay, and compelling story, Bioshock Infinite is one of the best single player experiences i've had. The level and art design for this game are top-notch and give a completely new visual and gameplay experience for each environment. The sub-antagonist songbird adds an even more threatening atmosphere to the alreadyWith it's heavy themes, impressive visuals, great soundtrack, fluid gameplay, and compelling story, Bioshock Infinite is one of the best single player experiences i've had. The level and art design for this game are top-notch and give a completely new visual and gameplay experience for each environment. The sub-antagonist songbird adds an even more threatening atmosphere to the already twisted world of Columbia. The songbird's steampunk metal body backed up with its haunting shrieks and cries create one of the most compelling and terrifying enemies in a videogame. With the game's haunting atmosphere and great storytelling, you are left with an unforgettable gem in single-player FPS. Expand
  25. Sep 21, 2015
    This deserves the best game of 2013. The atmosphere draws you in with its characters and setting. You want to hate the main villain. You want to guard Elizabeth from danger. The ending will leave you speechless and probably but confused but play through it again to figure out what's happening. Buy this game.
  26. Sep 15, 2015
    This is my fave Bioshock game, better characters that I actually felt like I cared about, I like that the characters talk to each other and have banter, previous games only chatter you'd get is from audio logs or a radio message telling you what to do next, environment is visually gorgeous and has an immersive if somewhat convoluted story.
    I like Columbia much more than I do Rapture,
    I like Columbia much more than I do Rapture, swinging around on sky hooks and using a sky hook to swoop down and kill an enemy. I was starting to get sick of Rapture and am glad this game has a different setting.

The game gives the illusion of a vast expansive sky city, it does not have the stuffy claustrophobic feel of the underwater city Rapture. In Columbia you just want to soar and swoop at every chance you can. Though it does make my stomach churn at times using a sky rail is almost like riding a roller coaster.

Elizabeth is an interesting character though at first she reminded me a lot of a Disney princess, the way she moves, expressions in an over exagerated disney princess way, she's almost a rip off of Belle from Beauty and the Beast in how she looks, she has same hairstyle, big over large eyes.

You have a variety of ways to kill enemies you can ask elizabeth to open a tear so you can have more cover, a hook for swinging off, medical kits, guns, turrets, though that is limited as you can only have 1 tear open and active at a time.

But the game is not without frustration.

You can only carry 2 guns at a time which is very limiting, though you can swap 1 gun you are carrying for a gun that's on the ground, you can never carry more than 2 at a time.

Vigors are often the most fun and versatile ways to kill which are the replacement for plasmids but are much more limited in their use as you can't carry salts on you, you seem to run out of salts way too quickly though (salts are the blue energy metre simular to eve) to replenish salts you have to find some sort of drink or a bottle of salts. Usually there are salts nearby or Elizabeth will find and toss you some.

You can't carry first aid kits either but you have a energy shield which is better, you don't lose health unless your shield is fully depleted and if that happens you can just hide till it replenishes.

But even so I found the battles more fast paced and enjoyable than the previous Bioshocks.

I dislike most that there is only auto save and you can't save your game when you want. I wanted to stop playing but it said my last auto save was 10 minutes ago, so had to keep playing for 10 more minutes to get the next checkpoint. It makes it so I have to replay again if I just want to quit playing. The most annoying thing about the game. I had to leave the game running when I wanted a break as my last checkpoint save was half an hour ago, auto saves should be at least every 10 minutes.

There is no hacking, I miss that.
    The only thing that is a tiny bit like it is that Elizabeth can pick locks for you, but there is no mini game associated with it.

To sumarise it overall the game is better in some ways than the other Bioshocks but also worse in other aspects.

The story overall is rather freaky, tragic and messes with your head, I did a lot of reading about it to understand the story fully. But I better not say anything else as I don't want to spoil it for those who have not played and completed the game.

Mostly though it feels enjoyable, fun, scary in some ways and exciting. Though unlike others I would not got so far as to say it's one of the best games I've played. Almost would rate it an 8, but there is too many negatives that the game should not have, it does not deserve more than 7/10.
  27. Sep 10, 2015
    This would get a perfect score from me if it wasn't for just one pretty major flaw - but we'll come to that later, because it is quite literally the only downside this otherwise perfect game has.

Yes, perfect, In an age where first-person shooters are giving up the ghost and binning single-player campaigns entirely (bloody Battlefront, I'm looking at you), Bioshock Infinite proved not only could it be done well, but it can blow away anything else the genre has to offer in terms of offering a quintessential gaming experience.

The graphics are, of course, stunning, but it's the artistic direction which makes this game so good. You are drawn into this world hook, line and sinker - it's visual beauty contrasting sublimely with the ugly violence. Every character has depth, every plot point means something, and it all builds to a climactic finale that it would be an actual crime to spoil for you.

When people talk about video games as art and point to 'walking simulator' boring crap as examples of it, the reason I personally scorn at them is because of Bioshock Infinite - which is ACTUAL gaming art. A complete masterpiece, offering a totally immersive experience while giving you actual gameplay.

Which is why it's a bloody shame the actual shooting mechanics are so damn mediocre! For me, the core mechanics of a game are so central to the experience that it takes two whole points off the score. The gunplay isn't "bad" as such, just... average. The vigors aren't as impactful as the previous titles in the series and the guns are phoned in and lack any imagination and spark, which is doubly surprising given the inventiveness of the universe itself.

But it sort of doesn't matter. This is definitely a case of a game where the overwhelming positives drown out the one big negative, and does so with ease.

This game is now over two years old and obviously no bugger is going to read this, but I had to leave the review anyway. The game is a masterpiece. If you haven't played it, bloody hell, do so, and lament the fact that you probably won't play its' like again unless a Half Life 3 comes out, because the AAA gaming studios have decided that unless a game is multi-player and a military shooter, there's no point in making it. Urgh...
  28. Sep 10, 2015
    This game is absolutley stellar. The graphics are fantastic(they are not photorealistic, they are highly stylized). The gameplay is spot on. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things. Lots of action. If you like bioshock, heck if you love video games get this! The only thing I would say that is apparant in some negative reviews is that if you are a HARDCORE shooterThis game is absolutley stellar. The graphics are fantastic(they are not photorealistic, they are highly stylized). The gameplay is spot on. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things. Lots of action. If you like bioshock, heck if you love video games get this! The only thing I would say that is apparant in some negative reviews is that if you are a HARDCORE shooter fan that only enjoys photorealistic graphics and games that are similar to call of duty then this may not be for you. It isnt the most serious shooter in the world. But if you play things other than call of duty then get this! you wont be dissapointed. Looks amazing on a good gaming pc! Easily one of the best games of 2013! Expand
  29. Aug 25, 2015
    Soooooooo refreshing! With Bioshock Infinite I got everything I expected and more. I have played all earlier Bioshock titles and as much as they did not impress me, I think this particular game is extraordinary. It provides the old Bioshock formula with adding its own spin on everything else. Nowadays it is very hard to surprise me with a game and Bioshock Infinite made me realise againSoooooooo refreshing! With Bioshock Infinite I got everything I expected and more. I have played all earlier Bioshock titles and as much as they did not impress me, I think this particular game is extraordinary. It provides the old Bioshock formula with adding its own spin on everything else. Nowadays it is very hard to surprise me with a game and Bioshock Infinite made me realise again that there is always a way to be innovative and creative. It just takes the right people to pull the strings. I experienced no bugs and no irritation whatsoever, just pure joy of playing. As such, this game deserves to be cherished by the gamers. In my opinion already has a legendary status, that is 10/10 exemplary in terms of how to make a singleplayer pc game. In my opinion it is the 2nd fpp game to reach a note of 10 since Far Cry 3.

Story
    It pulled me in like few games did. Only because of real life tribulations I had to leave the Bioshock Infinite world that is one of a kind. A wonderful fruit of a great mind. I basicly stopped caring about all other stuff I had installed on my HDD at that time. Ending is pretty weak but can`t ruin the overall strong 18 hours of playthrough.
    At first the story is a little slow, then after 30 minutes it picks up. The action is well paced, the breaks between it are great. There is a nice twist, even just about I though it was to close, something happens and the gamer has to deal with different circumstances.
    I found Booker DeWitt to be very well portrayed, even though the player doesn`t see his protagonist. He speaks often in cutscenes, he is clever. Every sensation, every feeling of DeWitt is passed through to the player which leaves an excellent impression. The gamer becomes De Witt as soon as he enters the game world and stays him until the very end.
    Althrough DeWitt is very good, he is not the main character. The main character is Elizabeth. She is perfect. Since Half Life 2 I have never seen a sidekick as good as this. She`s been made perfectly both as story pillar and as gameplay support.
    Elizabeth is everything a real woman is. She is smart, naive, sensitive, loving and charming. She loves to dance, cries, laughs. She enriches the story tenfold and is never annoying. Her unstable relationship with DeWitt is believable and fun like a good lovestory. You see her going about and by the 2nd scene you literally start to think she`s a living woman inside the game. You can get iritated, you can fall in love with her or feel like her father only because she is so believable. At the same time she is a great teammate. She does not need any nursing. In fact, she nurses DeWitt from time to time, handling him ammo, money, salts or health. Every moment along the way you both go, she shows her fears so you pick up on it and feel similar.
    Dialogues between the two leave nothing to be desired.

Graphics
    Upgraded Bioshock 1 engine. Looks excellent even in 2015 and plays well on old hardware.
    There are some low quality textures here and there but not very often, you`d have to really look for it. Every other texture is great. Also the environment is not destructible. However besides that there is this overwhelming attention to detail. Rooms look excellent, open areas look great. Shadows and lightning work is spot on. The color pallette is little cartoonish so to say, but you get used to it pretty quickly.
    Model textures look very good, even singular stitches or patches on clothes. Any model is acceptable whereas Elizabeth looks like creating her took away most of the resources. Her clothes and hair have their own simple physics, she has a whole set of facial animations. By looking at her model a human mind instinctively reads all the emotions that she is supposed to feel, nothing looks wrong here.
    Guns show reflections and are well detailed. Every gun has its own animation. Explosions and all other effects are of exemplary quality.

Interface/Gameplay
    Takes some time to get used to. Fairly easy, not complicated, using as few buttons as possible. Suitable for mouse & keyboard playing. Responsive and smooth.
    There are all guntypes I would imagine mandatory for a fpp game. At first standard stuff that changes in time you progress. As in other Bioshocks, you can do guns only or vigors only or mix it up if you want. The game introduces you to every type and in time you are able to use the equipment effectively.

Music/Voices
    Could not have been done better. Plays along with everything that is shown to the player. Causes to reflect upon the story, enriches the world and characters. Voicework is top notch.
  30. Aug 22, 2015
    I don't like FPS and mostly I don't like killing people (even if fictional) in general and I think that is the reason why I was able to dive so deep on this title's story.

The game itself is pretty easy (there are modes beyond normal difficulty, so probably FPS fans may enjoy better with them), and that's actually a good thing because you can concentrate on story and story fragments since plot is where this game excels (and I mean it). Everything start slow but, progressing, events rush to a point you're disoriented and speechless. Every word added there would be a spoiler, so I'd better keep my mouth shout.

Graphics are excellent, one of the best use of Unreal Engine 3 you can ever see and with great performance. Sound compartment is flawless too, both on effects and music.

There are only 2 things I didn't like which strip the 10/10 from this title: Elizabeth being too "unrealistic" or doll-like and too much playtime to finish the game, I'd like to have probably a little more than half of the 15h it took for me to complete the story line (I got bored halfway through).
    For me this game is 9/10 though.

To recap, totally recommended to anyone on any OS (run with excellent performance on linux too), this was one of the best game I ever played.
  31. Aug 13, 2015
    I was never really interested in the Bioshock series due to its art theme and gameplay system in Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Therefore I didn't really pay attention to Bioshock Infinite despite the crazily high score critics and reviewers are giving the game. The reason why I play this game is that I have finished all the games I want to play this summer and I still have time. I'm totallyI was never really interested in the Bioshock series due to its art theme and gameplay system in Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Therefore I didn't really pay attention to Bioshock Infinite despite the crazily high score critics and reviewers are giving the game. The reason why I play this game is that I have finished all the games I want to play this summer and I still have time. I'm totally amazed by how good the game is. The graphics are gorgeous, the gameplay is smooth and fun, and the story is one of the best I have ever seen. The shooting can be a little tedious at times in the middle and later part of the game, but the difficulty of the combat grasps my attention well enough to go through the confusing development of the plot. The ending doesn't seem to make sense at first, but after reading some articles about it and then playing a second time, I fully understand and appreciate how good the story line is. It's basically the inception among games. The navigation can be really frustrating as it keeps telling me to get on the skyline and slide around in circles for no reason. Still, nothing really takes away the thrill and excitement of this masterpiece. Expand
  32. Aug 11, 2015
    After watching the ending i was like high for almost up to 48hrs. hasn't got much to say but this is the best game i ever had in my life. If i desperately have to make critics with this, Elizabeth supporting Booker with so many things does make things a bit easier and less tense compared to the original Bioshock and this is probably why infinite has lower meta score. The character ofAfter watching the ending i was like high for almost up to 48hrs. hasn't got much to say but this is the best game i ever had in my life. If i desperately have to make critics with this, Elizabeth supporting Booker with so many things does make things a bit easier and less tense compared to the original Bioshock and this is probably why infinite has lower meta score. The character of Elizabeth however is worth much more than the tension and challenge i enjoyed in the original game, at least for me. Expand
  33. Aug 10, 2015
    Amazing Fps game that stay true to the promise of the genre to which it belongs, good gameplay and story. Somebody say the graphic is not so good etcc.... WHO CARES, please stop to focus on graphics, push the software company to enrich the game itself and not the embellishments.
  34. Jul 18, 2015
    Very intriguing story line, which I am not sure even fully makes sense. The gameplay is in no means a step up from the last two games.
    No longer is there any mini-game, instead you just collect lock picks to access hidden things. The upgrades on your guns make no physical changes or make them look cooler or even act differently really. I know the game was focused more on story, and I think it is certainly different, and thought was put into it. I just do not like it as much as either of the first two Bioshocks.
  35. Jul 15, 2015
    An incredible adventure. The story is one of the best in gaming, the gameplay isn't broken or screwed, like most games nowadays, the characters are ones of which you actually care about. Play this. Just... play it.
  36. Jul 9, 2015
    This game looks elegant and incredible at first sight, the entire flying city looks like a place where you'd want to live any day.. and that's about everything they got right in this game, the graphics. This game doesn't give you a sense of progress as you move forward with the story, which might I add makes no sense and leaves a whole lot of gaping holes in it, and a prequel to beThis game looks elegant and incredible at first sight, the entire flying city looks like a place where you'd want to live any day.. and that's about everything they got right in this game, the graphics. This game doesn't give you a sense of progress as you move forward with the story, which might I add makes no sense and leaves a whole lot of gaping holes in it, and a prequel to be desired. It is never explained to us how Elizabeth is even able to open this tears, and create more worlds, or the tower made her powers weaker, or how destroying it would all of a sudden completely change her personality. The game tries to be confusing, and it absolutely succeeds in that, but it's not the fun confusing, where you'll be happy to attempt to discover what it all means, it just gets boring, and has no deeper, and no goal except to confuse you and make you wonder all about your character. But before you think this game only deserves a negative rating because of the story, i'm gonna straight out say it. The story is probably better than anything else in this game (except the graphics). As I mentioned you get no progress as you're going forward in the game, but all of the enemies get harder. The most you can do is purchase double damage for your favorite gun and use it like that. There's also not a lot of guns you can use in the game, well there is a lot of guns, but you'll usually stick with the two best guns through the entire game, and the other ones will be placed for an illusion of diversity, same with vigors, you're probably going to be using only two of your favorite vigors unless you're really trying not to. There's also this gear in the game, which nobody seems to notice as a problem because YOU DON'T EVEN USE THEM. That's right, I had absolutely zero idea about the gear I picked up, and haven't felt stronger when I picked up something different. There are some things this game gets right, like the fact that there's no respawning, rather Elizabeth revives you. Or you go through some door, which also doesn't make a lot of sense and is never really explained in the story. Now you might think 3/10 is harsh, and I have to say that I've had some fun during the game, but as the ending sprung up it completely killed my mood, if it had a normal ending, and didn't try to be cool and different then other games, and just ended up being un-interesting and different than other games. If the ending was different, or even if the game left us with a cliffhanger it would be either a 6 or a 5 for me. But the ending left such a bad taste in my mouth that I still can't remove. The story is really linear, and you just find yourself doing the same thing through the entire game, basically killing people in the same exact way you killed them, and when it gets to the ending it **** it up even more. This game is an EPIC FAIL, and a outright **** you to all the fans of the previous games, and to all the people who spent their hard earned money on a game like this. If you still feel like playing this game, even after reading through my review, i'd suggest downloading it through piratebay, since this game is NOT worth a penny of your money. Expand
  37. Jun 24, 2015
    more a piece of art than a shooter game. bioshock infinite is a gorgeous thrill ride with plenty of epic story lines,beautiful environments, and fun combat to keep you intrigued through the long and rewarding campaign.
  38. Jun 24, 2015
    What an amazing comeback to the BioShock series. BioShock Infinite is a beautiful game and instead of taking you into the depths of Rapture, now it is up in the skies of Columbia!

The story is brilliant with its plot twists, loop holes, truths spilling out right in front of you! Ken Levine (the writer of the BioShock series) has really brought the house down with BioShock Infinite's storytelling

The graphics, are beautiful! Once again I have to say the developers did it again with the opening! One of the most beautiful and amazing openings I have seen in a game, entering Columbia's pathways made me feel like I was part of Columbia and if in the future someone does come up with this idea, I'm all in! Your side companion, Elizabeth is actually the only side companion I actually enjoyed staying with, she will look for ammo and health as well as salts to help you whilst you are shooting your way through the tons of enemies the game throws at you

The skyline, what an amazing ride it was! Riding on the skyline was one of the most enjoyable bits I enjoyed in the game. Although a bit hard to master at first, you will soon get the hang of it! The Songbird, holy ♥♥♥♥, this massive bird that you see half way through the game is absolutely terrifying! With its loud screech and creepy eyes, it will surely send shivers down you're spine when you meet the Songbird for the first time! The Boy of Silence, one of the most terrifying bits in the game. And especially that bit! (People who have played the game, you know what I mean!)

Return to Rapture, although you never see Rapture until half way through the game, it makes me happy to see it back once again. Also note that Big Daddies and Little Sisters are non-existent in this game.

The game does take a dark side to it, the game unlike it predecessor deals with racism, discrimination, extreme religion and very serious and mature hot topics which involves the White race having all the fun whilst the Black race and other "lowlifes" that are in the slum areas of Columbia be treated like dirt, which some people may find offensive. Also some people may find the violence to be a little too graphic and may find it disturbing to watch/play

I hardly noticed any glitches or bugs, the only bug I encountered with was half way through the game, whilst rowing to a lighthouse the audio of the rowing paddles with the water were glitching out a bit and making a loud water sound effect muffling all the other voice actors

This game is absolutely brilliant and it is a big change from what was in BioShock and BioShock 2 and hopefully we may see more of the BioShock series in the near future!

Now, bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt.
  39. Jun 21, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite has an amazing story, great voice acting, and great characters. It deals on many of the worlds problems, yet never outright tells you what is right and wrong. However the game play is the games downfall. Do not get me wrong, it was fun, but gets boring. I wish they focused more on the gun play, rather than focus mainly on the story. But, the game was still enjoyable.
  40. Jun 20, 2015
    I expected like a nine, or something, but I really didn't liked it as everyone did.

The combat (or shooting, should I say?) is fluent and fun... for the first ten minutes, when a fight starts, it's about 10-15 minutes long, ANY of them, and the game is basically made of that, so it's 2 hours of shooting and 2 minutes in an elevator talking with Elizabeth about her and the story, also the tears are quite useless some times.

Elizabeth is honestly, the best companion I've ever seen in the video game history, she is quite dramatic at the beginning, but will be way less later, she is interesting, useful, part of the story, and she's basically the best thing in the whole game. she got some nice **** too.

Colombia (the flying city) is beautiful, cheerful, colorful, but it's habitants are mostly rich white racists, poor white and black hobos, workers (which most are black too), and it's a city which you cannot judge by it's cover, because honestly, it's a beautiful city made of bad people, and in the actual game: It has an okay level design, very linear though (because the game is linear, idiot).

The graphics are vibrant, colorful, something that doesn't match the game, but that makes it very artistic somehow, story is great, but misses the point a lot and is a bit confusing (especially at the ending), at all it's like a almost good game.
  41. Jun 18, 2015
    The best story in a game? What the hell man?! This is a linear-ass corridor shooter with no choice, cinematic crap, the same level repeated several times (area where enemies get thrown at you while some goddamnn psycho spouts **** at you). Nah, screw this.
  42. Jun 16, 2015
    This is the single greatest game of my life the environment, the feeling, the story, Elizabeth everything! it gives a an amazing experience! you can't call yourself a gamer if you don't play this game! its funny, i bought this game for testing my new graphics card, after a little bit of playing i completely forgot about my new graphics card :D

The graphics aren't high in terms of

The graphics aren't high in terms of texture or being realistic, but people specially Elizabeth's face are detailed and they show emotions very good! (expect random people in the city, they look like the meme cat)
  43. May 26, 2015
    No es un mal juego y además a la gente le chifla la historia de los universos paralelos y demás pero de Bioshock, tiene poco. De hecho si se le quitara lo de "Bioshock" el juego ganaría enteros.

El peor de la saga, el menos inmersivo, donde el "Deus Ex Machina" toma forma y donde los plásmidos, eje central de la historia y de la jugabilidad en los anteriores, pasa a ser un relleno mal metido en el mundo de Columbia.

Eso sí, universos paralelos for the victory.

5 de 10 porque llegué al final, aunque a mitad juego me di cuenta de uno de sus giros.
    Menos mal que Ken Levine se ha retirado para fundar su propio estudio, tal vez vuelva a crear buenas historias.
  44. May 23, 2015
    BioShock Infinite a masterpiece of the series and a nature show The graphics are fantastic gameplay controls liked also liked history and animals that game and to man better than Minecraft
  45. May 19, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is the third Bioshock title and takes place in 1912 where you play as Booker DeWitt an investigator that is sent to find a girl named Elizabeth in a floating city called Columbia to erase his debt. The game play is a little weaker than the first two games as you can only use two weapons at a time. The weapons are a little bit boring. The atmosphere in Infinite is veryBioshock Infinite is the third Bioshock title and takes place in 1912 where you play as Booker DeWitt an investigator that is sent to find a girl named Elizabeth in a floating city called Columbia to erase his debt. The game play is a little weaker than the first two games as you can only use two weapons at a time. The weapons are a little bit boring. The atmosphere in Infinite is very different than the first two games as it takes place in a city in the sky. You don't have to play the first two games to understand Infinite. The story is quite confusing and the ending is mind-blowing. The game is quite different from it's predecessors. Expand
  46. Apr 27, 2015
    A decent title which receives a great deal more hate than it genuinely deserves. The plot is a pretty stupid mess when you try to put it together and it really feels like a wasted opportunity, but the atmosphere and world building, as always from Ken Levine, is top notch. Columbia is a genuinely interesting place to explore and learn about, much like Rapture or the Von Braun before it. ItA decent title which receives a great deal more hate than it genuinely deserves. The plot is a pretty stupid mess when you try to put it together and it really feels like a wasted opportunity, but the atmosphere and world building, as always from Ken Levine, is top notch. Columbia is a genuinely interesting place to explore and learn about, much like Rapture or the Von Braun before it. It isn't the greatest game in the world, but one doesn't have to strain to see the clear passion and hear that went into its creation. That's more than I can say for most AAA titles released today. Expand
  47. Apr 8, 2015
    A totally fantastic game.
    a deep story with a nice writing script
    stunning atmosphere of the city Columbus
    impressive characters in the game
    super power is always fun to use
    skyhooks are awesome and gave player some high speed experience
    must be the best Fps shooter in 2013
  48. Apr 4, 2015
    ...Masterpiece. BioShock Infinite ascends to heaven in a literal and figurative sense: it is the most intelligent, beautiful and absolutely unattainable for rivals shooter.
  49. Mar 24, 2015
    It is a big letdown compared to the previous games. The overtly simplistic gameplay and poorly written story has driven me off from this franchise for good.
  50. Mar 16, 2015
    Kill all the racists!

Pros: The gameplay represents what First Person Shooters are all about, fast paced action with all sorts of crazy abilities and weapons. Infinite gets this perfectly in addition with decent control. The graphics, while not totally realistic, look fantastic. The lighting is some of the best lighting in all of video games and the art is mesmerizing to look at
    Kill all the racists!

Pros:
    The graphics, while not totally realistic, look fantastic. The lighting is some of the best lighting in all of video games and the art is mesmerizing to look at around every corner.
    The story that is told in Infinite is incredible. While the plot itself is fairly simple: "Bring us the girl, wipe away the debt", its the interactions and the facial animations that bring the game to life. The voice acting is also very believable and really invested me in the game.
    There are a few themes that are covered in this game, for example, racism and religion. I felt like these were covered quite well. In fact, because of a racist part in the beginning, my other personal objective was to kill EVERYONE as I believed them all to be racist.

BioShock Infinite is one of the best games I have ever played and was definitely my Game of the Year in 2013. It was also the first game I played that I applauded. :D

51. Mar 15, 2015
    Interesting story, but the gameplay is a bit depressing after 6-7 hours. So pretty overrated in my opinion. Graphics are good and so is the voice acting, but the gameplay doesn't live up to my expectations.
  52. Mar 12, 2015
    This is a brilliant game gripping storyline and graphics well cared for, I was fine for the playability and its particular atmosphere enveloping everything where the impossible becomes (reality) in this particular virtual place. The underlying theme of the first chapters continues even in this chapter and in some moments nearly thrilling.
  53. Mar 11, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is a FPS developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released on March 26, 2013 on PC, X360 and PS3. The game begins somewhere in 1912 when the protagonist Booker DeWitt, was sent to the floating city of Columbia, to find a young girl named Elizabeth, who was trapped in a tower in the shape of an angel. The game stands quite well on the story,Bioshock Infinite is a FPS developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released on March 26, 2013 on PC, X360 and PS3. The game begins somewhere in 1912 when the protagonist Booker DeWitt, was sent to the floating city of Columbia, to find a young girl named Elizabeth, who was trapped in a tower in the shape of an angel. The game stands quite well on the story, characters and voice acting with a good development during jocului.Tot once the story is more complicated than in others. In terms of gameplay is much better compared to its predecessors, it's running on the engine from Unreal, Unreal Engine 3 especially one graphics are gorgeous, with many landscapes that can leave you stunned. Music and sound are very well chosen, taking to make you feel like in the years 1912. In conclusion it is a good game, getting to be a number you do not have to leave, especially if you are a gamer. Expand
  54. Mar 6, 2015
    I started this the very moment it came out, and only finished it now, almost 2 years later.. at around 80% I stopped playing for a while. I now regret not having pulled through immediately, WHAT an ending. Very good game, lots of awesome views, Elizabeth is just unique, and well.. It fully lives up to Bioshock 2 and 1.

Still just 9 / 10 and not 10 / 10, some passages were way too

Still just 9 / 10 and not 10 / 10, some passages were way too shooter-focused, I would have traded a bit less combat with a bit more story / talks at some points.

Go play it.
  55. Mar 4, 2015
    This game is a work of art, just like I expected it to be from playing the other games. It does an incredible job immersing the player in a fictitious setting in a time where most of us weren't alive during. The plot is well-written. Gameplay feels nice and solid. I've completed the game on 1999 mode and the difficulty felt just right. I've yet to try the "Burial at Sea" dlc. I enjoyedThis game is a work of art, just like I expected it to be from playing the other games. It does an incredible job immersing the player in a fictitious setting in a time where most of us weren't alive during. The plot is well-written. Gameplay feels nice and solid. I've completed the game on 1999 mode and the difficulty felt just right. I've yet to try the "Burial at Sea" dlc. I enjoyed Rapture, so I'm excited to get started on the dlc and see Rapture again with prettier graphics. Btw, the graphics are gorgeous; not realistic, but very stylish. Unfortunately I can't rate this game 10/10, for technical inconvenience reasons... The FOV slider at maximum is too narrow. There are stutters that weren't present in the previous games. That's all. Both problems can be alleviated by tweaking a couple of config files (yay!), but it's still an inconvenience. Anyway, really like the game, even if it's not quite as good as the previous games setting-wise and story-wise. Everyone needs to play it. Expand
  56. Mar 2, 2015
    This game blew my mind. The story is one thing, but I think the most amazing thing here is the setting. Colombia is simply breathtaking. I'm about to play through a second time to just walk around. this is definitely on my top 5 list of video games.
  57. Mar 2, 2015
    The first two 'BioShock' games are some of the greatest first person shooters to ever get released. And this game is good too, in it's own right, but it's just not on the same level as those first two games. For starters, 'Infinite' comes off as an open world sandbox, but it felt much more on rails, as if I were being lead around on a leash the entire time. Most sandbox games have youThe first two 'BioShock' games are some of the greatest first person shooters to ever get released. And this game is good too, in it's own right, but it's just not on the same level as those first two games. For starters, 'Infinite' comes off as an open world sandbox, but it felt much more on rails, as if I were being lead around on a leash the entire time. Most sandbox games have you running around, completing quests for many different people for many different reasons; traveling from town to town discovering new quests, friends, and other challenges along the way; but 'Infinite' has you following around the same person the entire time, making it feel much more restricted than it should, causing the entire world to just feel...smaller.

I actually held off playing 'Infinite' for several months because I thought it would be a much more daunting experience than it turned out to be. I don't know, the earlier 'BioShock' games just felt much more involved than this one did; as if many of the things that made the other games great have since been removed in order to make the game easier and more accessible or something. But what the hell do I know? I'm not very good at reviewing video games anyway. All I know is that this game felt much simpler, and went by much more quickly than I felt that it should have. And maybe that's just because I enjoyed it, but the game just isn't all that difficult, and I can only remember one or two times that I actually felt challenged while playing.

But aside from the overall simplified feeling that I got when comparing this game to the earlier ones, I still really enjoyed playing through 'Infinite'. For starters, the atmosphere is easily one of the most beautiful that I've ever seen and while I was there I felt completely immersed in it while watching the story unfold, which plays out like a blockbuster motion picture I might add. The music is great, just like in the earlier games and fits the overall tone perfectly, the cut-scenes were well timed and didn't get boring, the game is optimized extremely well, making it great for users with lower end machines, which is always a plus, and I enjoyed the humor.

Sure it's not as good as the earlier 'BioShock' games, but it's still worth playing through if you can get 'Infinite' for a few bucks. It's got a decently compelling storyline, the combat mechanics, although somewhat generic are still fun to play with, and if you're in the market for a newer AAA shooter, this game is often on sale, which isn't half bad either. But other than that, while it was satisfying to play through once, 'Infinite' is overall a forgettable and generic shooter that just didn't live up to the hype and I don't plan on returning to it anytime soon, if ever.
  58. Mar 1, 2015
    It was my first single player FPS and was a excellent experience. Excellent graphics even when I can't play it maxed. I haven't understood the ending nor who was Comstock but I had fun and that's what matters. Elizabeth is very helpful in battles providing health and ammo and Columbia is very well designed.
  59. Feb 27, 2015
    One of the best games I ever played, following all the greatness from the first 2 games (Bioshock 1 & 2). Great graphics, great gameplay and magnificent story. Thanks for more this game, 2K!
  60. Feb 26, 2015
    If you ever ask me what my favorite game of all-time is, without a doubt i would say BioShock Infinite, I think this game is as close to perfection as a game can ever get because it's able to immerse you so well and create an environment that gives you so much to do and learn and play with.

You can use and combine powers called Vigors, you can pick and choose your weapons to suit how you like to play, and creates such a great and in-depth story that you can't help but fall in love with it. The combat plays a lot like the previous Bioshocks but it's upgraded even greater. The characters are very 3 dimensional and you can't help but feel bad for them throughout the entire thing. And the ending...wow, I don't think a game has ever blown my mind so much before. While this game doesn't have choice endings like the other Bioshocks, this ending more than makes up for it.

Basically, this game easily earns the 10/10 score and I think it'll be really hard to find another game that sets the bar higher than BioShock Infinite has. This game has changed the way I look at games for years to come, and hopefully it does the same for you.
  61. Feb 25, 2015
    People always ask me why i play games instead of watching movies. Well, it's because games like these just blow me away. The story, the feeling, the graphics, the atmosphere... Its like you're the main character of the best movie you've ever seen. You are so actively involved in the story. People who think negative about this game are maybe not mature enough to understand. The gameplay mayPeople always ask me why i play games instead of watching movies. Well, it's because games like these just blow me away. The story, the feeling, the graphics, the atmosphere... Its like you're the main character of the best movie you've ever seen. You are so actively involved in the story. People who think negative about this game are maybe not mature enough to understand. The gameplay may not be the most interesting but the story/feeling is just incredible. I can say that this is the best book ive red, the best movie ive seen and the best game ive played. Absolutely my favorite. Expand
  62. Feb 21, 2015
    I like pc games a lot but could not understand the hype around this one. The story seems to be too complicated, shooting mechanics quite boring, the wanna-be-cool graphics are no really creating a feeling of un-linear game design.. this game just could not keep me interested.
  63. Feb 19, 2015
    This game is excellent for FPS fans who're not into the chaos of warfare that CoD provides.

The pros: 1- beautiful atmosphere. 2- Well set battles, Smooth game mechanics and a Varied play style 3- Voice acting, Characterization and Story line The cons: 1- The way Bioshock Infinite lays down its story. 2- No actual Boss battles. I am a big fan of this game, only played this

The pros:
    1- beautiful atmosphere.
    2- Well set battles, Smooth game mechanics and a Varied play style
    3- Voice acting, Characterization and Story line

The cons:
    1- The way Bioshock Infinite lays down its story.
    2- No actual Boss battles.

I am a big fan of this game, only played this edition and its episodes, the downside is that the story really comes together if one finds and listens carefully to 90% of the Voxophones and listens to all of Elizabeth's conversations, which are interesting but as FPS goes I got absorbed in scavenging and shooting to actually care about all of that, when the final stage arrived I found out that I had imagined many parts of the story that cannot be true, so I read explanations that spoiled the real story for me.

Nevertheless I played it on 1999 mode and observed how the story came together again, who were the important characters and what were their roles, so replay-ability made up for my bad experience with its ending.

Story line is mind blowing, it's along with The Last of Us as best story telling for me, only it was more compelling to explore and marvel at its absurd premises and conclusions, the voice acting is top notch and Elizabeth implies this 3rd person aspect to the game where she's always moving and interacting with my surroundings, along with the interesting Booker Dewitt I never felt like I'm driving floating arms in a FPS, it felt more engaging than some 3rd person shooters actually.

The atmosphere especially in the first stage is absorbing, I felt that the game is daring to some of my deepest beliefs and concepts and provides characters with more background behind their motives, it's dark and it almost felt like pinching me in the sides and bringing my eyes closer as I played tentatively, that's where the magic of Bioshock is, more imaginative designs and more surprises and mysteries that kept me wandering at its shores wondering if I really should dare move forward before I did, unlike even The last of us which had a great story but in many occasions I couldn't wait to get to the finish because it's all predictable, this game was anything but predictable to me.

Some people complained that the boss battles are recycled, well apart from the Handyman whom appears 4 times during the game, there are no bosses, there are super soldiers who have no sign atop them but are in fact more lethal than even the Patriot, so there isn't a standard for bosses in this game aside from the somewhat recycled handyman.

Game mechanics flow blissfully, unlike Dishonored where you could save game at any instant you desire (in order to replay any situation) this game only has checkpoints, but when the player dies he's revived almost instantly, he loses some of his cash and all the characters he's defeated stay dead and the ones he's wounded heal, which makes every encounter counts because there's basically no going back in some situations yet that doesn't stop or hinder one's game because one can always beat the enemy no matter the many tries it takes (unless one's out of cash).

I only mourn the scarcity of boss battles in this game and the fact that it never explains how crucial are its voxophones or random conversations, aside from that it could have been better (which applies to all games) but its still my most enjoyable experience on a PS3.
  64. Feb 10, 2015
    The gameplay is actually the weakest point of the game (still not bad though), but everything else is impressive. The story, the setting, graphics, voice acting and the writing are quite impressive. Probably one of the most interesting games of 2013.
  65. sft
    Feb 9, 2015
    Rapture in Columbia

Rapture in Columbia

The first Bioshock game was a remarkable achievement. Bioshock 2 expanded on the first and was equally good. With BIOSHOCK INFINITE, Irrational Games have surpassed their previous efforts and produced a game that is better than the first two in all but one way (we’ll come to that later). BI looks fantastic. The aerial city of Columbia is quite literally stunning to look at. Visually the game is a work of art, with some of the most amazing design and use of colour that I’ve ever seen in a game. The story, although not directly related to the first two games, is as strong as ever, as is the voice acting. The combat will be familiar to those who have played B1 or 2, although the more open environment of Columbia and the ability to use the Sky-Line system makes many of the set-pieces more fluid and dynamic. The weapons are different and now the plasmids are called Vigors and are replenished by the use of salts but overall the feel of the combat is quite similar to the two previous games. A major difference, however, is that the player now has a companion. Elizabeth is with you throughout much of the game and although she does not take part in any combat she does assist in other ways and she also provides a conversational foil for the playable character, who also speaks in this instalment. The only thing I missed when playing this game were the Splicers. In Bioshock 1 and 2 the bizarre ramblings of these twisted individuals were a joy to hear and they produced much of the games’ humour. There is humour in BI but not as much as I would have liked. That said it’s really the only criticism I have of the game and it’s more than compensated for by all that’s good about it.
  66. Feb 4, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is not a fun game.

Bioshock Infinite is not a fun game.

Imagine that you are in a room, a relatively small one, with the standard ceiling, floor, and four walls. The floor is hardwood and the ceiling is painted sky blue with clouds. The walls, however, are painted with people and shops, and trees all in lush detail. And just like the wall of a room, you can't interact with any of it, just look at it. Sure, you can listen in on the same repetitive conversation from a group of occasional bystanders, you can even "interact" with the occasional garbage can, which may or may not give you something useful, although it is generally food or salt, of which you already have plenty of. It is simply a pretty picture that gets old very very quickly.

Once combat begins, it too becomes old very quickly. You wind up fighting the same enemies with identical AI over and over again. The uniforms may change and they may gain a few hit points, but it is all the same. The clothing and vigor choices that are meant to add depth and variety are entirely impractical and clunky. Cycling between vigors is cumbersome especially when you are being shot at by enemies that have unlimited ammo, whereas you are stuck with only a couple of weapon choices and extremely limited ammo.

This, of course, is the games way of compelling you to use everything in the game to succeed. You are supposed to use the sky-hook, and vigors, and Elizabeth's "tears" in order to accomplish your objective. Not only is the action too fast and the enemy too plentiful for all of these things to be practical to do at the same time, it also takes any type of choice in strategy away from the player. You can't sneak, you can't snipe, not in any realistic sense, before you get swarmed by enemies who either kamikaze your position, or cower behind cover. Some of the rare tougher enemies are fun, such as the George Washington's with the mini guns, but those can get old after a while as well.

Overall, the clunky battle mechanics, lack of real weapon variety and limited ammo, near useless vigors and time tears, novel but otherwise useless sky-hook, repetitive fight sequences, and virtually no ability to interact with the environment you are in, makes this game feel like you are just inside a pretty picture. Everything else feels like an afterthought.

Massively over-hyped. Mediocre at best. 5/10
  67. Feb 2, 2015
    After trying Bioshock and leaving Bioshock 2 alone (because I never liked Bioshock), I tried Bioshock Infinite.
    It blew my mind away...
    Story This game has a rich and captivating story. It has great characters that you learn over the course of the game. I especially loved the weird twists in the game, the mysterious pair popping up once in a while with some riddle you will solve when
    It blew my mind away...

Story
    This game has a rich and captivating story. It has great characters that you learn over the course of the game. I especially loved the weird twists in the game, the mysterious pair popping up once in a while with some riddle you will solve when playing on.
    The ending was so weird, it came as a revelation that had blown my mind.

Gameplay
    Is as good as any shooter, with low sensitivity it shoots away great.
    The "spells" you have are funny and useful, and they look great.
    Sometimes it's a bit of a mystery how they work exactly, but this makes it really fun to experiment and discover.

I also loved the rails you can glide onto, it adds another dimension to combat.
    The rail controls are very logic as well, making it very comfortable to hop on a rail and assassinate a target from the air (this is also very satisfying)!

Graphics
    Truly mesmerizing. The environment is weird with all the flying platforms, and they create the right atmosphere you need for a psycho first person shooter. The views are stunning.

The spells are looking great and distinctive, no copy of other games (save for Bioshock ofcourse).

Audio
    Does support the atmosphere. Pretty scary at times, but enthralling and immersive.

Conclusion
    Overall a great game to play and finish, with a great psychological story that is going to blow your mind!
    9/10.
  68. Jan 27, 2015
    Another clunky shooter covered with lights and fog machines to hide the fact it's so poorly and cheaply constructed the graphics quality on maximum settings look no better than Bioshock.It was all hype and crap and insipid people buying into a steam punk theme...

The story was borderline incest time travel Daughter/wife/killer WTH
  69. Jan 22, 2015
    I still have mixed feelings about the game . After beating the game myself and after watching this video . And so I now have to attempt to get Bioshock 1 and 2 to fully understand this . This game was an absolute "MASTERPIECE",don't get me wrong but the shier complexity of the story or without the knowledge of the previous games or just with the **** near-to-un-understandable ending , theI still have mixed feelings about the game . After beating the game myself and after watching this video . And so I now have to attempt to get Bioshock 1 and 2 to fully understand this . This game was an absolute "MASTERPIECE",don't get me wrong but the shier complexity of the story or without the knowledge of the previous games or just with the **** near-to-un-understandable ending , the game just gives me the "MEH" kind of feeling . The same feeling I got from playing and beating "The Last of Us" (of course in different circumstances)

I GIVE THIS GAME A 9/10 ! Don't hate me for this cause I nearly had to do the same thing with "The Last of Us"
  70. Jan 15, 2015
    Overall this game is Amazing! The combat is fun and the storyline is great. The graphics are fun and Elizabeth-surprisingly-isn't annoying! There is a wide range of guns and the sky rails are cool.
  71. Jan 10, 2015
    The main story was good
    But the expansion(Burial at sea) leaves me at disappointing side,It could't complete well with the main story
    I can't give high rating for good graphics,musics
    I felt that the game could be better if it was tps instead of fps
  72. Jan 9, 2015
    This is my favorite game I have ever played, hands down.

This is my favorite game I have ever played, hands down.

The storyline is intricate and enthralling, with characters who are believable with their own flaws ad virtues. The Elizabeth character is the most lifelike npc companion I've encountered to date, and her presence makes exploring the world even more enjoyable. The setting is fantastic, and together with all the posters, lighting and npc/voxaphone dialogue, it really feels like you are in a vibrant living world. The music in the game is also fantastic, with many songs from the 1910s and 1920s era. Furthermore, they flawlessly produced many modern songs in the old fashioned styles (eg ragtime) which was a massive highlight from the game.

The game must be appreciated for its artistic genius first, and as a game second, which is possibly the source of the disappointment and negative views. The combat is passable but nothing remarkable. It serves merely as a tool to keep players exited, and to break up periods of exploration which many players in the target audience would tire of without the adrenaline rush they've come to expect in a shooter, and does not add to the plot. In fact, the most exhilarating parts of the story contain no shooting at all. The periods of peaceful exploration, such as at the start of the game, where there is no threat were my favorite parts in the game, and I really do wish there was more of this. There are so many snippets of dialogue, hidden audio tracks in the background and interactions with the game world in these short periods of the game, that I found I spent much less time fighting in battles than simply exploring every nook and cranny of this vibrant and fully fleshed out world. Truly a rare gem in today's game industry. Morrowind, Telltale's Walking Dead/Wolf Among Us and The Witcher 2 are the only other similar artistic games which come to mind, and these fall far short of the bar raised by Infinite.
  73. Dec 31, 2014
    easily one of the best Bioshock in the series. the way this game introduces Booker and his background is fantastic, also the ending was very unique in a good way.
  74. Dec 28, 2014
    bioshock. im sorry. you won in 2013 fps genre. no doubts. ghosts was crap. bf4 was cool but buggy as hell. this game is so underrated comparing to the rest fps games this year. because today everyone is 10 years old **** that play multiplayer
    OMG YO HACKIN **** YO MOM OMG BIOSHACK INFANITE IS SHIET CUZ GHOSTS BEST GAME EVA 10/10
    **** you. bioshock infinite is a great taking. and sure

**** you.
    bioshock infinite is a great taking. and sure takes easily the best fps of 2013. lol why do i even compare it to the others :D
  75. Dec 26, 2014
    This is one of the most best game i ever played in my whole life it has lovely sound track beautiful graphics and one of the best story and also game play
  76. Dec 23, 2014
    I feel like there is nothing to hate about this game, its gorgeous and the developers actually took their time on this one. It has an amazing story with one of the most well-played characters, and a nice skill system. All of that aside, this game is perfect and everyone would enjoy this game
  77. Dec 21, 2014
    This game is beautiful. The world seems complete and fully rendered. Really you feel as if you are traveling through a complete world. You aren't told "look they are racist." You can take in the economic imbalance in a glance. Really the scenery is what this game is all about. How can a floating city be treated otherwise? The plot of the game is interesting. The FPS mechanic is reasonable.This game is beautiful. The world seems complete and fully rendered. Really you feel as if you are traveling through a complete world. You aren't told "look they are racist." You can take in the economic imbalance in a glance. Really the scenery is what this game is all about. How can a floating city be treated otherwise? The plot of the game is interesting. The FPS mechanic is reasonable. I'm not uber with FPS and I got through it. Vigors added a nice sense of tactics to the fighting. In the end though fighting wave after wave of generic enemies to advance the plot becomes kind of a chore.
    And their last act twist (which I won't spoil). It fits well. But not perfect. (which is why I give it this score) There could have been more/better forshadowing throughout. Really the problem is by seeing the world Comestock lives in and through his actions, you feel you know him. But the narrator is too much a blank slate.
  78. Dec 17, 2014
    Oyun güzel.Hikaye güzel.Karakterler fena değil.Ama Bu Nasıl Son!Sonunun dışında güzel bir oyun.Açık dünya olmamasıda bir eksi ama...Düşük puanı haketmiyor ama yüksek puanıda hakettiğide şöylenemez.
  79. Dec 16, 2014
    Now thats what i call a game . In 2013 , I got bored of cover based shooters . I just liked Crysis 3 . Other games were just boring . But Bioshock infinite is not like those games . Its not like take cover then shoot then take cover and repeat . This game delivers a nice engaging and enjoyable gameplay. You can shoot very nicely . the shooting is fun . But its different from other FPSNow thats what i call a game . In 2013 , I got bored of cover based shooters . I just liked Crysis 3 . Other games were just boring . But Bioshock infinite is not like those games . Its not like take cover then shoot then take cover and repeat . This game delivers a nice engaging and enjoyable gameplay. You can shoot very nicely . the shooting is fun . But its different from other FPS games for its vigours . Using these genetic Abilities, you can Zap electricity , throw fireballs etc. So Its really great to play this game . The FPS lovers must play this . Expand
  80. Dec 12, 2014
    The game captivates you from the very beginning.

The once things become ugly, things also become interesting. You realize things are not as they seem - in a very scifi way.

And to top all that, your companion Elizabeth is incredibly charming and alive. I loved it.
  81. Dec 12, 2014
    This game blows your mind. As any of the Bioshock series. And this one in particular is so beautiful, the lights are very polished, the colors, the beautiful scenery, the soundtrack and the hard difficulty level gave me 12 hours of great gameplay. Totally recommended.
  82. Nov 30, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is definitely overhyped. This game plays similarly to Call of Duty due to its linearity. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 9/10 - simply excellent 2. Gameplay: 4/10 - plays like CoD, linear and mind-numbing 3. Story: 3/10 - initially immersive, but progression is slow with abrupt and unsatisfying ending. Also, the racial theme is overemphasized 4. Music: 8/10

1. Graphics: 9/10 - simply excellent
    2. Gameplay: 4/10 - plays like CoD, linear and mind-numbing
    4. Music: 8/10 - great

Overall, mediocre game. On a personal note, if I knew about the prominent racial theme, I would not have purchased this game.
  83. Nov 29, 2014
    This is a game that promises to be a 9/10, but I refuse to give it more than half, because it doesn't deliver on that promise. It is an fps, mechanically, but it's really a story you play. It's an intricate story with a mystery, which means it all comes together in the end. But instead of having this great "ah, ha!" moment where it all makes sense, you'll be left with "wtf!" and have toThis is a game that promises to be a 9/10, but I refuse to give it more than half, because it doesn't deliver on that promise. It is an fps, mechanically, but it's really a story you play. It's an intricate story with a mystery, which means it all comes together in the end. But instead of having this great "ah, ha!" moment where it all makes sense, you'll be left with "wtf!" and have to read some reviewers long explanation of what you just went through. I give the reviewer 9/10 for telling the story this game was supposed to deliver. Expand
  84. Nov 29, 2014
    It's a good game. One of the best looking games graphically that I've played recently. Not because of quadrupple rendering or massive AA though, but because of the art style and level design.

The gameplay is moderately fun: if you consider this an FPS, there are better games in that genre available. The much critically acclaimed story wasn't exactly as good as I expected either. But

But the total package of the style, gameplay and story make it well worth playing. Just don't go in expecting an RPG the likes of Fallout or a fun shooter like, let's say Borderlands.
  85. Nov 28, 2014
    It's a cool game. Guns are fun, "spells" are fun and definitely challenging enough mixing both.
    Bioshock was cool because of the theme.
    The theme here doesn't feel as new, too much of a caricature.
    But when you get what's really going on in terms of story.. yea, that's worth it.
  86. Nov 26, 2014
    Amazing game. great graphics, nice and well used music. And most of all, the story was amazing. It make me thing a lot. especially one big events that change bookers life totally. Even if he didn't realize. may be I will meet that moment. or already met.
    Only bad thing is it may be too difficult to someone who play this seris first
  87. Nov 25, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is the best game I have ever played. Everything that makes a game good is in this game, just like Half-Life 2. It has an amazing story, average gameplay, well-developed characters and a great soundtrack. While the gameplay could be more fun, the story and characters outweigh the flaws which makes this game the best game I ever played.
  88. Nov 23, 2014
    Looking for a fun, original, FPS, that combines exciting, and adventurous gameplay, with deep and layered story telling? Look no further.

I consider this to be the greatest game of 2013, because I not only had the most fun playing this but I have never felt so emotionally invested in the characters (not even in the last of us). My only complaints would be that the main villain does not live up to the great Andrew Ryan, and it seems a little short. But that may just be because I completed it in one sitting.
  89. Nov 20, 2014
    You gotta play the game, if only to watch the breathtaking beauty of Columbia. No other setting in videogaming history can hope to get anywhere near close the sheer awesomeness of the flying city of Bioshock Infinite. Apart from that, the gameplay is good (although not flawless), the longevity is average for the genre and the plot is one of the best ever seen for a first person shooter -You gotta play the game, if only to watch the breathtaking beauty of Columbia. No other setting in videogaming history can hope to get anywhere near close the sheer awesomeness of the flying city of Bioshock Infinite. Apart from that, the gameplay is good (although not flawless), the longevity is average for the genre and the plot is one of the best ever seen for a first person shooter - that may not sound particularly impressive, considered that the average plot for a first person shooter is nonexistent, but the plot of Bioshock Infinite is actually good, and the game ends with a bang. This game is a must play, period. Expand
  90. Nov 15, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is not only visually stunning but has a phenomenal sense of storytelling. The dialogue and characters in this game are a clear cut about most contemporary fiction, and it tackles its own themes masterfully.

This being said I did not find the gameplay and combat in any way spectacular. They were definitely solid, but also boil down to spamming superpowers and the standard FPS fare. Even this is greatly redeemed by some expansive battle environments and a constant sense of tension.

I did find myself wanting to zoom through the game in order to proceed with the story, and ultimately I'm a bit reluctant to play it again. This being said, as a narrative artform there aren't many finer examples than this.
  91. Nov 15, 2014
    This game is a 10. If you didn't like it then you probably didn't understand what was going on. just shootin stuff. That said, Great gunplay augmented with super powers, great exploration, and fantastic characters, levels and plot. Perfect length. Online there are huge dissertations on how this story plays out and how the bioshock universe works. Gameplay aside, the artistic brilliance ofThis game is a 10. If you didn't like it then you probably didn't understand what was going on. just shootin stuff. That said, Great gunplay augmented with super powers, great exploration, and fantastic characters, levels and plot. Perfect length. Online there are huge dissertations on how this story plays out and how the bioshock universe works. Gameplay aside, the artistic brilliance of this fiction story cannot be understated. It is as detailed and fantastic as a full length science fiction book only you get to see it hear it and play it. If developers put a quarter as much creative thought into their games we would see a mass increase in quality. Expand
  92. Nov 11, 2014
    Graphics are fantastic, there's a kind of poesy but it's not enough

In fact, this game is an empty FPS, a corridor game

I can't understand why this game is rated so high, "gameplay" remembers late 90's before Half Life 1
  93. Nov 9, 2014
    Solid game that is carried by its great story, characters, and environment. However it only consists of a main storyline, it has few hidden areas, easter eggs, and no side quests. While the vigors make combat somewhat interesting, it slowly becomes very boring fighting off countless waves of enemies with the best guns in the game. The dull gameplay and little variation of quests limitsSolid game that is carried by its great story, characters, and environment. However it only consists of a main storyline, it has few hidden areas, easter eggs, and no side quests. While the vigors make combat somewhat interesting, it slowly becomes very boring fighting off countless waves of enemies with the best guns in the game. The dull gameplay and little variation of quests limits this game from being great. Expand
  94. Nov 5, 2014
    The hype train, again, left me disappointed - although expectedly so.

In all, the combat was amusing but extremely easy, even on harder difficulties. The abilities you unlock are either very situational or overpowered. The AI is typical for an FPS, meaning predictable and incapable of being a threat without large numbers. The pacing, however, felt fine to me. The world and the
    The hype train, again, left me disappointed - although expectedly so.

The world and the story was a refreshing change away from Rapture, and the few tie-ins felt good. However, it all felt shallower than Rapture, in how and why it was built, the occurrences in the people, how it continued to function, etc. Additionally, it was stereotypically racist, classist, etc to a point that was simply uninteresting. It would have benefited from a subtler approach, even at the cost of certain players not understanding.

Many people at the time of launch were unsatisfied with the ending. I did not feel it took away from the game and found it instead inspired and unique.

Ultimately I feel BioShock Infinite did little to surpass its predecessors and in fact stagnated or went backward. It was an okay experience.
  95. Oct 27, 2014
    Pros:
    Superb voice acting
    +Good music +Good artwork/style +Sky-Hooks/sky-lines are fun Cons: -Nonsense story -Little exploration -Inconsistent and poor characterization. Many characters are stupid. -Generally bad combat -Not really useful Vigors/abilities -2-gun carrying limit -Generic, boring (boss) fights I wanted to adore this game. I wanted to recommend it to everyone
    Pros:
    Superb voice acting
    +Good music
    +Good artwork/style
    +Sky-Hooks/sky-lines are fun

Cons:
    -Nonsense story
    -Little exploration
    -Inconsistent and poor characterization. Many characters are stupid.
    -Generally bad combat
    -Not really useful Vigors/abilities
    -2-gun carrying limit
    -Generic, boring (boss) fights

I wanted to adore this game. I wanted to recommend it to everyone I knew to play it. The trailers looked so promising, and I liked Bioshock 1 & 2; I just *had* to play the third one.

Of course, I was blown away by the introduction: the shining, bright, beautiful hovering city of Columbia, and the background choir reminiscent of Amazing Grace. Followers praying in the serene, candlelit water, and an overzealous baptism foreshadowing something profoundly more sinister.

I enjoyed the game until half an hour after rescuing Elizabeth. That was when the game's problems became apparent. The plasmids, now re-skinned as Vigors, lost much of its usefulness. All you have to do is spam Murder of Crows or fire for crowd control, but even then you rarely use them. Undertow was perhaps the most interesting and unique of the Vigors, and I didn't use it that often.

The gameplay, particularly in regards to guns, was frustrating. You have about a dozen to pick from, but you can only carry two. That doesn't sound so bad until you realize that 1) you can't buy guns and 2) many fights are optimal for a certain gun, which means you won't have opportunities swap different guns until much later. Also, you can't craft or modify your weapons or ammo in any way, so you're stuck with a generic gun.

Combat was mediocre at best. Same enemies suicidally bum-rushing toward you and rarely ducking behind cover when injured, with the occasional bullet sponge handyman thrown in. Shoot, spam crowd control, run, duck, rinse and repeat. Perhaps the most difficult part of combat was the Halo-styled shield, and if you were out of supplies you'd have to run to a corpse to gather if Elizabeth didn't give you anything. That was tedious and I didn't need to manage my resources, unlike the first two games. All of this was evident when you had to "kill" Elizabeth's "ghost" mother--not once, but *three* times in the same fight, with an infinite army of zombies. Easily, one of the worst and most monotonous boss fights ever.

Then, the story. Wow, was it bad, and just behind Diablo 3. This story and plot was clunky and had more holes than a pumice stone. Comstock had the sense to lock Elizabeth in a tower, but didn't bother to groom her to become his heir until much later? She could open up tears in her tower, but never once tried stepping through it? Why didn't Booker and Elizabeth escape that way ASAP, either? Why is Songbird chasing Booker in the 2nd "timeline" when that timeline's Elizabeth is safe elsewhere? You probably get the point, but there are so many holes and problems it'd take a lot more than my character allotment to explain it all, especially the B.S. ending. You might not catch these problems the first time around, but you will the second or third.

What a disappointment. The wonderful voice acting, the enlightening tidbits of the voxophone recordings, and the Sky-Hooks and the artwork/style are the saving graces from me giving it a 2 or lower. Please, don't believe in the hype and buy this game.
  96. Oct 17, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a lovely game. Art direction, graphics and sound are superb. Made me think of Singularity and Dishonored at times. A beautiful first person shooter, and a must-have.
  97. Oct 15, 2014
    I quit this game about halfway through. It was boring. It was just a first person shooter with some right-click flare.

The above was a mistake. The story really took off at roughly 30 minutes of gameplay after where I quit. This game is no gameplay masterpiece. Some of the guns are satisfying, some are frustrating. Stealing stuff from every drawer in sight is always somehow

This game is no gameplay masterpiece. Some of the guns are satisfying, some are frustrating. Stealing stuff from every drawer in sight is always somehow entertaining. Zipping around on tram lines is also fairly fun. The real win for this game, though, is the story. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes a good story and is happy shooting anything that moves in the dull moments.
  98. Oct 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i REALLY wanted to like this game. like a LOT. i played through about half of the first bioshock when it came out for 360 with a friend of mine and had a blast doing it. i had heard some really good things about this game and was expecting a very fun time and when it started, i was having a blast. and then i got about 2 hours into the game and found myself, all of a sudden, totally bored. the combat didn't feel satisfying, the vigors felt either cheap and a little bit like cheating or totally useless. the game did make me laugh out loud constantly, especially the whole Founders thing, and the conversations you hear as you walk around (there's a particularly hilarious bit about an artist that you hear from a man getting his shoes shined in the beginning of the game), and the characters themselves: it was all very well-done as far as world-building and story are concerned. but the majority of the game is spent in combat, and really, isn't the combat supposed to be the driving force behind the game? great combat can support a terrible world but a great world cannot support terrible combat, though that's completely just my opinion. anyways, after 2 hours, i quit the game. i just couldn't get into it. about a week later, i decided to try again, and this time to try and really PLAY with the different vigors and weapons and the skyrail. it was actually pretty fun, for a little while. the vigors are fun to use, the weapons are a little underwhelming but they get the job done, and the skyrail was wild fun the first few times i used it.

here's the problem though: there was just too much wrong with the game's combat for me to really enjoy what was done right with it. sprint being mapped to a thumbstick button and not being toggle-able (or is it toggle-able? i honestly could not tell because it was done so terribly) was a huge mistake, as was mapping iron sights to the other thumbstick button. sprinting from cover to cover was a disaster every time. by the way, lets talk about cover in this game for a moment: it is almost completely useless about 50 percent of the time. the moment you get behind cover you will then realize that there is an enemy right next to you on the OTHER side of the cover. you can't know where these enemies are (because the game makers decided for some reason that this game didn't need any sort of map for players?) until you're hit, and even once youre hit, it's almost impossible sometimes to figure out where the hell that shot came from. the "arenas" you move through (that's the best term i can come up with for them) are a chore, and instead of saying, "ALRIGHT LETS TEAR EM UP!!" every time you see enemies, you find yourself saying, "goddammit i wish there was a way to skip this crap". amazingly enough, the game did fulfill my wish several times: i died and then was resurrected on the OTHER side of whatever enemies i had been fighting, ready to move on to the next portion. i can't say that i didn't welcome it sometimes, but at the same time i still felt a little, well, cheated.

the biggest problem for me with Infinite was that i simply stopped having fun after a certain point. and it wasn't because of the weird controls, clonky levels, endless waves of boring enemies or the fact that i just didn't really CARE what happened to dewitt and elizabeth.. it was all of these things together that just wore down my patience. by the time i had gotten to the final battle, SPOILER: which is a terrible tower defense stage that goes on forever, i had simply lost interest in playing. after i lost the fight twice, i quit and went to go watch the ending scene on youtube. i have NEVER been so tired of playing a game that i wanted to actually just skip the last fight altogether. i mean, even in the stages leading up to the fight, i consistently had a feeling of, "okay, i'll just keep going cuz this HAS to end soon". that is not how you should feel when playing any game, and beyond that, nothing in an action game should EVER feel like a chore, which is what Infinite unfortunately felt like all the time.

as far as the story, it was on par with your average big-budget action movie. not amazing, not terrible, but definitely enjoyable. unfortunately it seemed like the deeper you went into the world, through voxophones, etc, the less interesting it became. at the end of the day, the whole thing felt like it was organized around the twist at the end, which is sad because neither DeWitt nor Elizabeth are the most interesting characters in the game - the most interesting one was Columbia itself. i give this game a 6/10 for the fact that it is fun and engaging for the first few hours of play. however, once the initial wow wears off, there's really not that much more to it. it just turns into a poor shooter with an average story and an incredible world that's feels only half-realized. i' d say wait for a good steam sale if you're interested.
  99. Oct 4, 2014
    Pros: -Mesmerizing graphics (It actually makes references to 1900's USA and has rather decent attention to detail.) Best played with decent GPU to maximize enjoyment
    -Unique and interesting plot (It is not a explain-everything-from-the-start game that requires players to explore to learn more. A nice satire of social problems. The ending requires some brain work to digest and should not be taken at face value, which makes it amazing. If my professor calls it great I ain't arguing.)
    -Subtle character development (Some argues that they have 'lousy' character which I object. Their actions and conversations speak little by little and build up through the game.)
    -Music (Just beautiful.)
    -Combat mechanics (From shooting to melee to using vigor, it opens up room for creativity in dealing with enemies)

Cons: -Combat experience (Limited weapon choice and upgrades for a FPS. The shield kind of rewarded players for reckless shooting and hiding.)
    -Lackluster interaction with NPCs (Other than Booker and Eliz, other characters are just part of the story rather than the game.)

Tips: Read up on 1900's history to better appreciate the plot. Slowly digest the story while playing, people who rush to criticize it usually fail to pause and think. It requires understanding of satire and sarcasm to see the plot's golden value,
  100. Mar 26, 2013
    The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles. Kudos

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]