BioShock Infinite PC

8.5

1. Jul 25, 2016
    ''Booker, are you afraid of God?
    No, but i'm afraid of you.''

Bioshock Infinite is one of the best games i've had the chance to play, yes it's plot gets a little confusing but most of it it's corrected in the dlcs, this game is a must have in your collection and it should have win the GOTY of 2013
  2. Jul 18, 2016
    the title of "Bioshock" does not deserve. As a single game in the series is fantastic, but not Bioshock, it's just a way of filling, with a forced history to be united with the iconic story of Rapture.
    Why do I say this? Bioshock was a game where you do not know that you could find in every corner of every wall, it was rather a game of suspense, however Infinite seems rather a set of an open stage where you can escape easily from most enemies. Another difference is the enemies in Bioshock had to kill every enemy, otherwise you were with another and another until a horde of chasing monsters instead Infinite sends waves of enemies that are very easy to kill, I do not say because they are human, if not for that being so many and most of them with firearms, which is very easy to evade your shot. This will leads to the next point: look and abilities of enemies in BioShock the terrifying aspect of the enemies you caused some fear and suspense and skills or speak, were extremely diverse and powerful; Infinite instead on most enemies have that fear does not cause human aspect, this is necessary for reasons of chronology, but also has, and skills in variety and damage are very few.
    Graphics: graphics in Bioshock were the most realistic possible, which obviously caused a realism; Infinite instead on the graphics are slightly cartoony, which removes realism is nice aesthetically, but it makes you often notice that you're playing a game, which is the opposite of most of the objectives of videogames. The powers in Bioshock are really varied and creative, you you were a bottle in dozens of places; Infinite instead you find bottles obvious and visible places, I do not say that the powers are not creative and varied, but they are scarce.
    This completes the list of the most important things that do not make Infinte of the Bioshock series.
    As I said earlier as individual game is good, fresh and innovative, both in gameplay and music, graphics, but not Bioshock.
  3. Jul 17, 2016
    Итак , если игру пройдёт дурак и умный, то дурак скажет "Это был неплохой шутан" А умный скажет "Здесь прекраснейший сюжет" В таком случаи правы оба.
    Но всё же действительно сюжет тащит, это великолепно "ЭТО ШЕДЕВР" (с) Светлаков
    Но всё же действительно сюжет тащит, это великолепно "ЭТО ШЕДЕВР" (с) Светлаков
    Даже фильм "начало" нервно лежит обосанный в углу, так как по мимо запутанности, ты ещё и успел чуть-ли не влюбится в Элизабет, а конец ломает тебе представления того кем она для тебя является . Всё очень сложно , драматично , и наконец-то красиво. Если вы желаете пройти игру после которой вы будете лежать в коме 2 дня и осмысливать это вселенную и плача внутри самого себя от концовки , ТО ОНА ПРОСТО ДЛЯ ВАС! 12/10
  4. Jul 10, 2016
    La historia y todo el trasfondo que tiene este juego es una pura obra maestra exquisita, es de los juegos mas originales por su historia que se vieron y se van a ver, Ken Levine es un genio del arte, los gráficos son geniales, la jugabildad muy buena, totalmente rejugable. Obra maestra de juego.
  5. Jul 6, 2016
    BioShock Infinite is a masterpiece, there's no doubt. There are a good graphics, awesome artstyle and OST, great gameplay. The plot is fine as well. The thing you will understand when completing BioShock Infintie is that people are able to create masterpieces nowadays.
  6. Jun 10, 2016
    I suscribed on this site just to write the peculiar review.

I wanted to make a point about the scenario, which was regarded as a true masterpiece by both critics and public. I wondered. Are people aware that they're being fooled? The scenario is very **** This ending twist, that was considered perfect, is sadly uninventive and stupid. Thousands and thousands of stories have had this
    I suscribed on this site just to write the peculiar review.

I wondered.
    Are people aware that they're being fooled?
    The scenario is very **** This ending twist, that was considered perfect, is sadly uninventive and stupid. Thousands and thousands of stories have had this SAME STUPID TWIST since the dawn of time. Critics calling it ''the most inventive and surprising'' storyline of all time are just taking advantage of a mediatic buzz that happened around this game. Of course, calling a game ''the best of all time'' creates traffic on their pages. It's like if critics had to call out that a game is the best ever every year so dumbasses stay interested in their commentaries, which are empty of all substance.
    Please stop feeding mass media.
    The scenario was ****
    Like really, it's just a typical twist.
    No depth, characters are unidimensional.
    And they're baindead.
    Bye.
    Don't play Bioshock infinite.
    The other Bioshock were so amazing. Just discover them with a better mindset, forgetting this (bioshock infinite) crap.
  7. Jun 5, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let me start off with saying, this game was exceptionally cool. At least until *spoilers ahead* you beat the game. The entire experience of the game is rendered irrelevant, as the girl you escort through the entire game could have gone back in time using her powers decides that the universe could do without you, and for some reason you agree, and she straight up murders you with infinite copies of herself. And you allow her! You don't even fight back at all as they all drown you. Any moral choice you make in this game makes no damn difference in the ending at all. Nothing you find or do will change the out come. She will go nuts. You will give up on life. You will be killed. Screw this game, and I hope the guy who wrote the story never gets a job in a creative business ever again. Clearly all he or she is capable is flipping burgers. Expand
  8. May 28, 2016
    This game means perfection, the gameplay is really good, the characters, the huge complex, history, the narrative, every single detail, its just perfect, you will love this game
  9. May 23, 2016
    Everything is just bad. This is like Luigi's Mansion and The Haunted Mansion. This is like playing Disney haunted mansion children's game. Characters, places, weapons, guns are horrible. Face of characters, cloth looks too cartoonist. Story is bad as well. The only part I like is boss part. I love the ghost. I like the last plasmids. Beginning to end was too boring. There wouldn't be muchEverything is just bad. This is like Luigi's Mansion and The Haunted Mansion. This is like playing Disney haunted mansion children's game. Characters, places, weapons, guns are horrible. Face of characters, cloth looks too cartoonist. Story is bad as well. The only part I like is boss part. I love the ghost. I like the last plasmids. Beginning to end was too boring. There wouldn't be much good plasmids. Expand
  10. May 20, 2016
    This game has good storyline, not bad narrative, endless boring action and mediocre graphics. The setting is also... quite strange. Another one step back in comparison with all great -shocks predecessors.
  11. May 9, 2016
    One of the best video game storylines to date,this game is all about the narrative and it will provide you a fantastic story.
    The gameplay is also very good with vigors and various weapons changing the pace of the game.
    Very enjoyable game with no complains on my end,definitly get this one
  12. Apr 30, 2016
    Поиграв в неё впервые,я как-то "не почувствовал",но потом (как бы странно это не было)мне приснился сон с Элизабет, я даже сомневаюсь,что это была она,и меня как БАХ,когда я проснулся,я был влюблён в игру и Элизабет.
    Сюжет и атмосфера лучшее,что есть в этой игре, в ней практически всё хорошо (личное мнение),придерусь,да и то не много,только к боёвке,на лёгком уровне сложности (особенно если проходишь не в первый раз) ужасно легко и скучновато в плане геймплея,сюжет всё также держит.На более высоких сложностях играется лучше,круче всего на сложном,а на сложности "1999" (вроде так называется,я хоть и люблю игру,но название сложностей не заучил,кроме стандартных) Просто хард,я умею играть в шутеры,но это реально очень сложно,если не искать все тайники.
    3 слова
    СЮЖЕТ
    АТМОСФЕРА
    ЭЛИЗАБЕТ
  13. Apr 4, 2016
    The shooting is quite forgettable and the weapons lack weight. The rail-like platforming element is serviceable but fails to add real interest to the gun-play. Special abilities called "vigors" add variety to the combat by allowing the player to take control of enemies for example, but many of these abilities are redundant and fail to fully satisfy. The RPG mechanics are just there forThe shooting is quite forgettable and the weapons lack weight. The rail-like platforming element is serviceable but fails to add real interest to the gun-play. Special abilities called "vigors" add variety to the combat by allowing the player to take control of enemies for example, but many of these abilities are redundant and fail to fully satisfy. The RPG mechanics are just there for the sake of being there and don't deserve a paragraph. It is possible to manipulate the environment to suit your needs in combat but that mechanic is too shallow and fails to add depth to the combat. The audio-visual realization is great and the Art Direction is unique and inspired; The world is in fact quite immersive. That said, the story is literally incomprehensible and that has been a real source of frustration. This is not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, what it is however, is an artistically inspired piece of work that is worth bathing your eyes in for a while. Play it, if you feel inspired, but set your expectations lower. Expand
  14. Mar 24, 2016
    Dealing with controversial themes as well as a difficult time-travel aspect to the game, Bioshock Infinite stamps its authority on the first-person shooter genre and then some. A beautiful city to play through what I can only describe as the best storyline I have ever played in a game, leaves the player wanting more and more once it is done. Elizabeth is the best AI companion that you willDealing with controversial themes as well as a difficult time-travel aspect to the game, Bioshock Infinite stamps its authority on the first-person shooter genre and then some. A beautiful city to play through what I can only describe as the best storyline I have ever played in a game, leaves the player wanting more and more once it is done. Elizabeth is the best AI companion that you will ever play with as, not only can she take care of herself and is never a damsel in distress, she will assist you in finding health and salts for your vigors.

Though the title 'Infinite' and some aspects of the story which I will not discuss does make it slightly disappointing that there are not more varieties of endings within the game, and the fact that you are on a track means you can't really explore the gorgeous city of Columbia, Bioshock Infinite is the highlight of the Bioshock series, and an absolute must-play.
  15. Mar 24, 2016
    I loved the atmosphere and the theme of the game. The game play itself was good as most, but what I really loved was the great storyline and very lovable characters.
  16. Mar 22, 2016
    Infinite was an enjoyable mix-up for the series, very addicting too once you get going. The sky-line system was definitely better than anticipated, and they even included fighting mechanics. The world and atmosphere fit very well with the story and you feel involved in this unique place. The minor flaws include repetitive monsters and fights, but the game isn't too long so this isn't muchInfinite was an enjoyable mix-up for the series, very addicting too once you get going. The sky-line system was definitely better than anticipated, and they even included fighting mechanics. The world and atmosphere fit very well with the story and you feel involved in this unique place. The minor flaws include repetitive monsters and fights, but the game isn't too long so this isn't much of a bother. I have to say also with no spoilers included, the end boss fight was a let down for me. Expand
  17. Mar 19, 2016
    I watched the top 10 stories in video games from watch mojo and thought I should try out this game because it came out in top.also the game looked pretty cool! :P so I bought the game and by god! I can tell you they were lieing! cause this game is more than THAT! this game makes you think about life! this game has the best gameplay,story and art! also the ending of the game will make youI watched the top 10 stories in video games from watch mojo and thought I should try out this game because it came out in top.also the game looked pretty cool! :P so I bought the game and by god! I can tell you they were lieing! cause this game is more than THAT! this game makes you think about life! this game has the best gameplay,story and art! also the ending of the game will make you think your entire life! this game is just awesome!
    Gameplay:9.5/10(gets a little repetitive in the middle of the game)
    Story:10/10
    Art:10/10
    Characters:11/10(elizabeth that's why)
    All around:12/10 would gladly make a man fly in the air again
  18. Mar 15, 2016
    A unique setting, memorable story and unforgettable characters make Infinite one of my favourite games of all time.
    Playing as Booker DeWitt, players must enter the city of Columbia to 'find the girl and wipe away the debt'.
    Gameplay features Columbia before combat, allowing the player to form a deeper connection with the city and to see it before collapse. Combat blends first-person
    Combat blends first-person shooter combat with vigours, which expand on the Plasmids from the original BioShock by including alternate modes for each one, such as the Crow Trap.
    It is the characters that really make this game the masterpiece it is, Elizabeth being one of the best AI partners in any game adds to the connection formed between Booker/the player and her.
    The end game twists and turns all come together to form a narrative that is both heartfelt and terrifying.
    With all the deals on the game now, and the promise of a HD rerelease on console, now is the best time to give BioShock Infinite a try
  19. Mar 13, 2016
    Bioshock Infinite is great. It's story, characters and world are all breathtakingly well done. But the gameplay, in my opinion isn't my cup of tea; a bit too shooty-bang-bang... I still love it, but being restricted to 2 weapons isn't a very good design choice for a Bioshock game. I also thought that the way "Plasmids" were presented was bit cruddy. The whole gameplay aspect just doesn'tBioshock Infinite is great. It's story, characters and world are all breathtakingly well done. But the gameplay, in my opinion isn't my cup of tea; a bit too shooty-bang-bang... I still love it, but being restricted to 2 weapons isn't a very good design choice for a Bioshock game. I also thought that the way "Plasmids" were presented was bit cruddy. The whole gameplay aspect just doesn't feel like a Bioshock game. Even the world is linear, not allowing for as diverse exploration opportunities as the previous games. Expand
  20. Mar 7, 2016
    overall its a pretty okay game, it has nothing really tied to the first two bioshocks though so it doesn't really feel like a bioshock game. the only similarity is that you have vigors (which are like tonics)
    dislikes:
    -theres no save. you have to wait for the game to autosave. its a huge downgrade from the other bioshocks, where you could save at almost any point -you have to finish
    dislikes:
    -you have to finish combat for the story to progress. the first two bioshocks weren't centered completely around combat. you could ignore splicers and big daddys and be able to go through the game fine (aside from a few instances). but in infinite you have to fight everything for the story to allow you to move forward.
    -not really an rpg? your choices don't matter in the game. you only get two options occasionally (ie. steal ? dont steal?) and whatever you pick doesn't influence the ending of the game at all.
    -you can only hold 2 weapons at a time.

likes
    - its a really pretty game! columbia was really pretty and it had a neat idea
    -elizabeth is cute! she's helpful during battle when you need a health kit or something.
    - despite the problems, its still pretty fun
    - the story is really neat!
  21. Mar 3, 2016
    I give this game 6/10. It was okay, but not the masterpiece indeed. Game is overhyped in my opinion. I could give it 7/10 if graphics weren't childish though...
  22. Feb 26, 2016
    Was duped by high ratings everywhere. The fact is, this game is heavily scripted. A linear corridor shooter. Could've watched the whole thing on youtube. Am I playing the game or is the game playing me?... (You get what I'm saying).

The graphics and art style is alright but overall, I really can't recommend this game. It's downright boring!! I played like 4 hours and it's still boring!! I guess many people don't like challenges or games that requires your creativity on how to approach situations. Just follow, bam bam the bad guys, talk and follow again. Rinse and repeat. It's a first person game but it's not you, you are controlling someone else. Wut?? The npcs are talking to this guy who who happens to be you and you see him like it's you yourself but it's not you.... WUT???? OMG. Anyway, this makes you care less for everything cause you can't immerse yourself in this game. Nothing hits you or connect to you in a personal sense.

So if the story campaign is bad what about the online segment? Well, there's none. Just a short linear single-player fps. Hmm....

SO WHY IS THIS GAME 10/10 EVERYWHERE?? It's a 2 for me. 1 point for graphics, 2nd point for 'it's not the worst game I've played). Totally overrated.
  23. Jan 31, 2016
    It’s hard to deny that the original Bioshock was praised so highly because it was so unique. Bioshock Infinite retreads a lot of the same ground, at least mechanically, but with parts that aren’t nearly as diverse or varied as its predecessor...Its enemies are uninspired and its world not nearly as rich, but that still doesn’t stop Bioshock Infinite having the tools to give you a greatIt’s hard to deny that the original Bioshock was praised so highly because it was so unique. Bioshock Infinite retreads a lot of the same ground, at least mechanically, but with parts that aren’t nearly as diverse or varied as its predecessor...Its enemies are uninspired and its world not nearly as rich, but that still doesn’t stop Bioshock Infinite having the tools to give you a great time all the same. Expand
  24. Jan 28, 2016
    This game is amazing. My first playthrough I thought it was just okay, but replaying it made me completely fall in love with it. Great story-telling, great mechanics and controls, great abilities, and great action make this game one of the best of all time. Spectacularly engaging even if you don't enjoy shooters. My only complaint is that, because it is not an open-world game, itThis game is amazing. My first playthrough I thought it was just okay, but replaying it made me completely fall in love with it. Great story-telling, great mechanics and controls, great abilities, and great action make this game one of the best of all time. Spectacularly engaging even if you don't enjoy shooters. My only complaint is that, because it is not an open-world game, it doesn't seem like you get to fully explore Columbia.

Cost me $3.40 on sale, played 35 hours. Super value.
  25. Jan 18, 2016
    Wuao! i just finished it, It is the best game i have ever played, i can't describe what im felling right now, but BioShock is one of those rare games that connect with something very deep in you.
    This game is a jewel, if you havent played yet, do yourself a favor.
  26. Jan 18, 2016
    The graphics look nice, the gamemechanics work fine, the game has a long Campaign and it has a story. Only the game has the same stuff as the excellent Bioshock all over again, only much less intriguing and with the novelty long gone. This game is incredibly overrated, that's for sure. It's simply not all that fun. The most fun is derived from listening to the English couple debating,The graphics look nice, the gamemechanics work fine, the game has a long Campaign and it has a story. Only the game has the same stuff as the excellent Bioshock all over again, only much less intriguing and with the novelty long gone. This game is incredibly overrated, that's for sure. It's simply not all that fun. The most fun is derived from listening to the English couple debating, shooting the carbine and watching your hands change when finding a new vigor. The rest is meh. Expand
  27. Dec 30, 2015
    There are times when writing a review of a game is really difficult because you do not know how to use words to describe the beauty of the title. BioShock Infinite is, well, one of those.
  28. Dec 12, 2015
    Gameplay : 8
    Graphics : 8
    Story : 9
    Sound : 9
    Overall : 8
  29. Dec 9, 2015
    Pros
    Nice atmosphere.
    Good gore.

Cons
    Nonsensical plot full of holes.
    Ridiculous characters
    Devolution of combat from the previous games.

A game slightly below average , I don't hate I don't love it , tomorrow I'll forget about it.
  30. Dec 1, 2015
    Absolutely beautiful the game, stunning graphicss, you wanna is stop and look around you, highly recommended I'm a huge fan of BioShock series, the downside is the 2 arms system could be nicer your companion can at least hold your guns or at least one extra, Some people complain about alternative endings but they just wanna ending the series with this one last game, This game isAbsolutely beautiful the game, stunning graphicss, you wanna is stop and look around you, highly recommended I'm a huge fan of BioShock series, the downside is the 2 arms system could be nicer your companion can at least hold your guns or at least one extra, Some people complain about alternative endings but they just wanna ending the series with this one last game, This game is essentially if you're a hardcore gamer or anyone who likes a nice fresh story. Expand
  31. Dec 1, 2015
    This game is quite a fun ride while it lasts. If you jumped on the hype train you were given a nice ride, but the return home was quite a downer. This is a game that any fan of the Bioshock series should buy, but multiple playthroughs will leave the player wanting more.
  32. Nov 28, 2015
    Awful. I have been playing games for a long time. After 2007, I stopped playing hardcore and I played only those games that looked promising. I enjoyed a lot Bioshock so I tried Infinite, and I quit after 4h (could have quit after 2).

I am appalled by the positive reviews. I really think that people who give this an excellent score must be CoD-type games fans, because there is nothing sophisticated, exciting and even remotely innovative about this. CoD has innovated more actually.
    Here are a few points to keep you away from this game:
    linear gallery shooter
    poor shooting mechanics
    poor vigor mechanics
    stupid AI
    textures are of abysmal quality, even for being 2013, and I do not even really care much for the visual part in games
    overusage of bloom shader
    skyhook ends up being a gimmick
    waste of a promising setting like the sky city, instead it ends up being one of the most linear and constrictive titles I have ever played
    gear system does not seem to have much effect, and it is totally unrewarding
    TOO EASY
    I cannot speak for the whole plot because I stopped after a few hours, but if this game is considered by reviewers as a top-notch example of storytelling, I can see why videogames are not held by the same standards as movies, tv and literature as an art form. No subtlety whatsover. Everything is explained to you like you were a dumb kid.
    Beside Elizabeth, BORING characters. After a hour and a half i was already bored of the title because I could see the direction
    I could go on and on, but many people already explained here what is wrong with this games, especially when it comes to the shooting/plasmid mechanics.

if you have a brain and value your time as much as I value mine, avoid this title.
  33. Nov 21, 2015
    Game: Bioshock Infinite
    Genre: First Person Shooting - Horror
    Developer: 2K Games System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 93/100 Value Score: 9.3/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Main protagonist actually has a personality/character compared to
    Game: Bioshock Infinite

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Main protagonist actually has a personality/character compared to the first two Bioshock games
    +The buddy system with Elizabeth is a unique and fresh breath of air to the series
    +The setting and environment is nicely done - has a mixture of the dark atmosphere that BS1 had and a unique colorful vibrant atmosphere as well unique to the game
    +The DLC consists of two episodes which continues the storyline but with a twst and also contains a arena mode type of mini game allowing you to challenge yourself in combat
    +The story adds humor and dramatic story telling compared to the previous games
    +Voice acting is fantastic and goes well with the storytelling
    +Many key elements from the original Bioshock games come back both in the main game and in the DLC

Cons
    -In the main campaign you can only carry two weapons at a time however in the DLC you can carry as many like in Bioshock 1
    -Not many mini games in Infinite compared to Bioshock 1 except until episode 2 of Burial at Sea DLC
    -Difficulty in Bioshock Infinite gun game combat is easier than previous games
    -There are some lazy designs in some of the models such as the environment (i.e. Apples in a basket)
  34. Nov 16, 2015
    Sorry but the gameplay in this is mediocre. The actual FPS shooting action is extremely unsatisfying and feels similar to the earlier Bioshock games with not much evolution.

Everything else about this game is awesome however! It's setting is intriguing and classy. The graphics and sound are spot on and the characters in it are all great fun. Even if Booker is slightly cliche as the alcoholic PTSD veteran.

Elizabeth steals the show, she's probably worth a significant chunk of the score alone! The little magpie songbird, bless her...
  35. Nov 13, 2015
    Bioshock was a great game and this is a worthy sequel, you get invested in the plot and characters easily game play is good all the controls work fine I suppose some people may have a hard time following the plot but I didn’t and thought It was great although what’s happening isn’t really the focus of the game as much as the back and forth between booker and Elizabeth. The weapons are lessBioshock was a great game and this is a worthy sequel, you get invested in the plot and characters easily game play is good all the controls work fine I suppose some people may have a hard time following the plot but I didn’t and thought It was great although what’s happening isn’t really the focus of the game as much as the back and forth between booker and Elizabeth. The weapons are less then creative and while some of the powers are fun to use they don’t have the same punch as in bioshock and I mostly ended up using guns the entire time, the environment is a stark contrast to rapture but I like that because it fits the narrative better and well I let you play it to figure out the rest. Oh and its very pretty though graphics mean nothing to me but it made me notice so i guess i should say so, this is also the first time i have ever had a support in a game i wanted to have around.Overall it’s a great game well worth my money and as far as I’m concerned it’s the only sequel to bioshock and deserves that spot. Expand
  36. Nov 6, 2015
    After having played through its single player twice, I can't understand the amounts of high praise Bioshock Infinite gets for its storytelling and characters. Bioshock Infinite first and foremost treats the player as if they have no intelligence whatsoever - player agency is frequently taken away in the single player when the first person nature of the game would have made for interestingAfter having played through its single player twice, I can't understand the amounts of high praise Bioshock Infinite gets for its storytelling and characters. Bioshock Infinite first and foremost treats the player as if they have no intelligence whatsoever - player agency is frequently taken away in the single player when the first person nature of the game would have made for interesting interactive moments outside of the moment-to-moment combat, which itself is fairly mediocre, but I'll get to that shortly.

Bioshock Infinite presents a world in a similarly secluded location of the planet a la Bioshock, but without the logic of Rapture's ideal existence below the sea. It gives us a look into the extremes of nationalism but in the most politically correct way possible, muffling its own impact. As Booker DeWitt we're tasked with finding and escorting Elizabeth, a young woman of some importance with the ability to cross between parallel worlds. Despite being a shut in and the subject of experimentation she's socially apt and mentally equipped to deal with anything, which I found a bit strange. Bioshock Infinite presents itself in a way that begs you dearly to take it seriously for its mature themes, but it doesn't have any of the grit to back it up, save for the graphic violence which just becomes numbing after a short time. The ending in particular highlights many holes in the game's own plot and seems inconsequential given the game's highlighting of infinite worlds with infinite possibilities - the infamous "constants and variables" twist is truly a cop-out for the ages.

From a gameplay perspective, Bioshock Infinite makes a few additions from its predecessors in Rapture, in particular the skyhook mechanic, which can actually be abused to provide the player with essentially infinite shielding if a certain piece of gear is equipped. While skyhook combat is otherwise fun, the standard moment-to-moment gunfighting is second-rate at best. The game only allows Booker to carry two weapons at a time, which seems unfitting considering Bioshock allowed a great deal of preparation on the player's part as they could select their ammunition type, prime traps, or hack sentry devices in the environment in anticipation of engagements. Hacking is also simplified into a vigor, the stand-in for plasmids. It's temporary, and sentries can't be damaged while under the influence of the vigor. The ability to modify weapons is back, but is also hurt by the weapon carry limit as ammo for your preferred weapons can become scarce forcing you to use un-upgraded weapons scavenged from the battlefield which might perform quite poorly in comparison, even if the game has just introduced them to you. One particular boss fight in the game demonstrates the severely flawed design of the shooter mechanics in Infinite, as its large health pool and infinitely respawning minions can cause player "death", which keeps the game moving but sets you back in ammunition and cash, while the boss sees its health entirely replenished, opening the door to a situation in which players can be completely cornered without a bullet to plink off of the boss' armor.

While Bioshock did have some overlapping abilities, Infinite has the same issue with less abilities at the player's disposal. You'll find a variety of stun-type vigors, the aforementioned possession, a shield, and a charge. Typically the gameplay boils down to spotting sentries and possessing them, using Elizabeth, who is completely invulnerable and in absolutely no danger of capture/death at any moment, to provide you with context sensitive abilities while you commit to a stun>shoot pattern. Any creativity has been sapped from engagements, as level designs are linearized, interactivity with the world is reduced, and weapon variety is cut to a short list of generic designs with their complementary counterparts from a different faction.

What's unfortunate about the praise Infinite gets is the precedent that is established for other developers out there. It signals that it's okay to release what is essentially just another homogenized first person shooter so long as it presents itself as a piece of groundbreaking character driven storytelling. Bioshock Infinite is an incredibly pretentious game in that it presents intriguing concepts and has dark themes, but guts itself through a poor representation of what its world might actually be like had the developers committed to fleshing it out fully instead of reversing the nature of Bioshock's setting for its own sake, while guiding you by hand through its winding plot, providing the illusion of depth through obscurity. While it's a fairly good looking game, the individual elements comprising the experience as a whole just don't fit together very well, leaving Infinite in the limbo of utter mediocrity, which by today's standards is apparently an okay thing.
  37. Nov 3, 2015
    This game is AMAZING! You are Booker DeWitt and your job is to get the girl to remove the debt. Right away when you enter the city of Columbia you are captured by the great city. As you venture further you see the racist and diverse side of Columbia and you notice a corrupt man by the name of comstock. When you get Elizabeth she is no princess but someone with smarts that will help youThis game is AMAZING! You are Booker DeWitt and your job is to get the girl to remove the debt. Right away when you enter the city of Columbia you are captured by the great city. As you venture further you see the racist and diverse side of Columbia and you notice a corrupt man by the name of comstock. When you get Elizabeth she is no princess but someone with smarts that will help you through the game. She picks lock finds and gives u health ammo and salts during battle so you can like longer. She also finds money you may have missed. The vigors give you the ability to do special things like real in your opponents or burn them. You can only hold 2 weapons at once besides the melee which sucks but really the only bad thing about this game. Also Elizabeth can open things called tears which she can open so you can have a wall, turret, platform just to name a few. The final thing is THE SKYLINE!
    The skyline is soooooooooo much fun. You can use it to transport place to place. shoot from above. Escape near death and most importantly do the sexiest attack ever! You insta-kill the opponent and it looks sooo cool. Overall this game is a 10 out of 10 and 100% a must buy!
  38. Nov 1, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite on PC looks far superior to consoles and makes the overall experience that much better. The textures are not just sharper but also have extra fine detail not found on consoles. The gameplay, setting, story and characters are all top notch. One of the defining moments of last gen.
  39. Oct 30, 2015
    The history of this game is very very good, but the game itself its not that great because of recycled enemies it makes it a shooting gallery with the same enemies all tthe entire expierence. On the other hand graphics are beautiful, the main characters are superb , top notch voive acting and music.
  40. Oct 27, 2015
    One of the most immersive games i played. The way the story was told was incredible beautiful and damn right immersive. I was soo into it i finished the game in one go. Still hoping i would play a similar story told game.
  41. Oct 25, 2015
    Where Do I begin, I tought it would be a amazing game but I was so wrong, I could not be more desinterested in some game, I expected to be interested in the city but look bland and te peoples empty, then I expected a good bioshock 2 gameplay, but the 2 arms system ruined everything, the upgrades useless for the weapon change, so the last thing that I looked for was the story because IWhere Do I begin, I tought it would be a amazing game but I was so wrong, I could not be more desinterested in some game, I expected to be interested in the city but look bland and te peoples empty, then I expected a good bioshock 2 gameplay, but the 2 arms system ruined everything, the upgrades useless for the weapon change, so the last thing that I looked for was the story because I ever heard of the great plot twist,.

Then I give up, no I really was playing to the history by a point so I before i give up for the game i looked for spoiler, and boy, was that real? No I mean, if you gonna do something "smart" please think about the "infinite probabilities" I don't know how people give a ten scocre for the game, only for the name "Bioshock" in it at least can't be perfect for not have the spirit of bioshock.

This game only have this score because it's a standard FPS, with a medium scenary for games but great for a FPS, and a history because battlefield and call of duty are done. This game apeal for te popular and for making people think they are smar.
  42. Oct 24, 2015
    Simply one of the best games ever made, with one of the best stories ever told. There's not much to be said that would not ruin anything, though there is a warning: If you like the ending of the vanilla game, then do not play the Buried at Sea DLC. Especially avoid the second episode in that case.
  43. Oct 23, 2015
    Este juego me ha enamorado en todos sus aspectos, no puedo resaltar ninguno, porque todos están resaltados para mi. Es atrapante en todos los sentidos. Brutal.
  44. Oct 17, 2015
    내 인생게임 TOP 5에서 당당히 1위인 작품. 스토리 그래픽 미장센 모든것이 완벽했습니다.
    무기소지가 두개로 한정되어서 불편하고 DLC 1부가 무리수가 있었다는것은 맞지만 본편인 바이오쇼크 인피니트에서 보여준 퍼포먼스는 역대 어느 게임과도 뒤쳐지지않을 역사에 남을 명작입니다.
  45. Oct 7, 2015
    Compared to Bioshock 1 and 2, Infinite isnt that great in my opinion.

Booker and Elizabeth are good characters, as are Robert/Rosalind Lutece. I found the story not that exiting. Not to mention its pretty much the same plot as Bioshock 2. The enemies are not as good as the enemies in 1 and 2. Nothing as interesting as the splicers and their interesting chatter, no Big Daddy, no
    Compared to Bioshock 1 and 2, Infinite isnt that great in my opinion.

Booker and Elizabeth are good characters, as are Robert/Rosalind Lutece.

The enemies are not as good as the enemies in 1 and 2. Nothing as interesting as the splicers and their interesting chatter, no Big Daddy, no little sisters.

Comstock isnt as good as Andrew Ryan or Fontaine.

Another problem i had with Infinite was all those infinite dimensions.
    Also i hate all those false choices. The game gives you choices that arent choices.
    Also the ending of Infinite wasnt all that great.
  46. Sep 27, 2015
    With it's heavy themes, impressive visuals, great soundtrack, fluid gameplay, and compelling story, Bioshock Infinite is one of the best single player experiences i've had. The level and art design for this game are top-notch and give a completely new visual and gameplay experience for each environment. The sub-antagonist songbird adds an even more threatening atmosphere to the alreadyWith it's heavy themes, impressive visuals, great soundtrack, fluid gameplay, and compelling story, Bioshock Infinite is one of the best single player experiences i've had. The level and art design for this game are top-notch and give a completely new visual and gameplay experience for each environment. The sub-antagonist songbird adds an even more threatening atmosphere to the already twisted world of Columbia. The songbird's steampunk metal body backed up with its haunting shrieks and cries create one of the most compelling and terrifying enemies in a videogame. With the game's haunting atmosphere and great storytelling, you are left with an unforgettable gem in single-player FPS. Expand
  47. Sep 21, 2015
    This deserves the best game of 2013. The atmosphere draws you in with its characters and setting. You want to hate the main villain. You want to guard Elizabeth from danger. The ending will leave you speechless and probably but confused but play through it again to figure out what's happening. Buy this game.
  48. Sep 15, 2015
    This is my fave Bioshock game, better characters that I actually felt like I cared about, I like that the characters talk to each other and have banter, previous games only chatter you'd get is from audio logs or a radio message telling you what to do next, environment is visually gorgeous and has an immersive if somewhat convoluted story.
    I like Columbia much more than I do Rapture,
    I like Columbia much more than I do Rapture, swinging around on sky hooks and using a sky hook to swoop down and kill an enemy. I was starting to get sick of Rapture and am glad this game has a different setting.

The game gives the illusion of a vast expansive sky city, it does not have the stuffy claustrophobic feel of the underwater city Rapture. In Columbia you just want to soar and swoop at every chance you can. Though it does make my stomach churn at times using a sky rail is almost like riding a roller coaster.

Elizabeth is an interesting character though at first she reminded me a lot of a Disney princess, the way she moves, expressions in an over exagerated disney princess way, she's almost a rip off of Belle from Beauty and the Beast in how she looks, she has same hairstyle, big over large eyes.

You have a variety of ways to kill enemies you can ask elizabeth to open a tear so you can have more cover, a hook for swinging off, medical kits, guns, turrets, though that is limited as you can only have 1 tear open and active at a time.

But the game is not without frustration.

You can only carry 2 guns at a time which is very limiting, though you can swap 1 gun you are carrying for a gun that's on the ground, you can never carry more than 2 at a time.

Vigors are often the most fun and versatile ways to kill which are the replacement for plasmids but are much more limited in their use as you can't carry salts on you, you seem to run out of salts way too quickly though (salts are the blue energy metre simular to eve) to replenish salts you have to find some sort of drink or a bottle of salts. Usually there are salts nearby or Elizabeth will find and toss you some.

You can't carry first aid kits either but you have a energy shield which is better, you don't lose health unless your shield is fully depleted and if that happens you can just hide till it replenishes.

But even so I found the battles more fast paced and enjoyable than the previous Bioshocks.

I dislike most that there is only auto save and you can't save your game when you want. I wanted to stop playing but it said my last auto save was 10 minutes ago, so had to keep playing for 10 more minutes to get the next checkpoint. It makes it so I have to replay again if I just want to quit playing. The most annoying thing about the game. I had to leave the game running when I wanted a break as my last checkpoint save was half an hour ago, auto saves should be at least every 10 minutes.

There is no hacking, I miss that.
    The only thing that is a tiny bit like it is that Elizabeth can pick locks for you, but there is no mini game associated with it.

To sumarise it overall the game is better in some ways than the other Bioshocks but also worse in other aspects.

The story overall is rather freaky, tragic and messes with your head, I did a lot of reading about it to understand the story fully. But I better not say anything else as I don't want to spoil it for those who have not played and completed the game.

Mostly though it feels enjoyable, fun, scary in some ways and exciting. Though unlike others I would not got so far as to say it's one of the best games I've played. Almost would rate it an 8, but there is too many negatives that the game should not have, it does not deserve more than 7/10.
  49. Sep 10, 2015
    This would get a perfect score from me if it wasn't for just one pretty major flaw - but we'll come to that later, because it is quite literally the only downside this otherwise perfect game has.

Yes, perfect, In an age where first-person shooters are giving up the ghost and binning single-player campaigns entirely (bloody Battlefront, I'm looking at you), Bioshock Infinite proved not only could it be done well, but it can blow away anything else the genre has to offer in terms of offering a quintessential gaming experience.

The graphics are, of course, stunning, but it's the artistic direction which makes this game so good. You are drawn into this world hook, line and sinker - it's visual beauty contrasting sublimely with the ugly violence. Every character has depth, every plot point means something, and it all builds to a climactic finale that it would be an actual crime to spoil for you.

When people talk about video games as art and point to 'walking simulator' boring crap as examples of it, the reason I personally scorn at them is because of Bioshock Infinite - which is ACTUAL gaming art. A complete masterpiece, offering a totally immersive experience while giving you actual gameplay.

Which is why it's a bloody shame the actual shooting mechanics are so damn mediocre! For me, the core mechanics of a game are so central to the experience that it takes two whole points off the score. The gunplay isn't "bad" as such, just... average. The vigors aren't as impactful as the previous titles in the series and the guns are phoned in and lack any imagination and spark, which is doubly surprising given the inventiveness of the universe itself.

But it sort of doesn't matter. This is definitely a case of a game where the overwhelming positives drown out the one big negative, and does so with ease.

This game is now over two years old and obviously no bugger is going to read this, but I had to leave the review anyway. The game is a masterpiece. If you haven't played it, bloody hell, do so, and lament the fact that you probably won't play its' like again unless a Half Life 3 comes out, because the AAA gaming studios have decided that unless a game is multi-player and a military shooter, there's no point in making it. Urgh...
  50. Sep 10, 2015
    This game is absolutley stellar. The graphics are fantastic(they are not photorealistic, they are highly stylized). The gameplay is spot on. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things. Lots of action. If you like bioshock, heck if you love video games get this! The only thing I would say that is apparant in some negative reviews is that if you are a HARDCORE shooterThis game is absolutley stellar. The graphics are fantastic(they are not photorealistic, they are highly stylized). The gameplay is spot on. You are always finding new abilities and new ways of doing things. Lots of action. If you like bioshock, heck if you love video games get this! The only thing I would say that is apparant in some negative reviews is that if you are a HARDCORE shooter fan that only enjoys photorealistic graphics and games that are similar to call of duty then this may not be for you. It isnt the most serious shooter in the world. But if you play things other than call of duty then get this! you wont be dissapointed. Looks amazing on a good gaming pc! Easily one of the best games of 2013! Expand
  51. Aug 25, 2015
    Soooooooo refreshing! With Bioshock Infinite I got everything I expected and more. I have played all earlier Bioshock titles and as much as they did not impress me, I think this particular game is extraordinary. It provides the old Bioshock formula with adding its own spin on everything else. Nowadays it is very hard to surprise me with a game and Bioshock Infinite made me realise againSoooooooo refreshing! With Bioshock Infinite I got everything I expected and more. I have played all earlier Bioshock titles and as much as they did not impress me, I think this particular game is extraordinary. It provides the old Bioshock formula with adding its own spin on everything else. Nowadays it is very hard to surprise me with a game and Bioshock Infinite made me realise again that there is always a way to be innovative and creative. It just takes the right people to pull the strings. I experienced no bugs and no irritation whatsoever, just pure joy of playing. As such, this game deserves to be cherished by the gamers. In my opinion already has a legendary status, that is 10/10 exemplary in terms of how to make a singleplayer pc game. In my opinion it is the 2nd fpp game to reach a note of 10 since Far Cry 3.

Story
    It pulled me in like few games did. Only because of real life tribulations I had to leave the Bioshock Infinite world that is one of a kind. A wonderful fruit of a great mind. I basicly stopped caring about all other stuff I had installed on my HDD at that time. Ending is pretty weak but can`t ruin the overall strong 18 hours of playthrough.
    At first the story is a little slow, then after 30 minutes it picks up. The action is well paced, the breaks between it are great. There is a nice twist, even just about I though it was to close, something happens and the gamer has to deal with different circumstances.
    I found Booker DeWitt to be very well portrayed, even though the player doesn`t see his protagonist. He speaks often in cutscenes, he is clever. Every sensation, every feeling of DeWitt is passed through to the player which leaves an excellent impression. The gamer becomes De Witt as soon as he enters the game world and stays him until the very end.
    Althrough DeWitt is very good, he is not the main character. The main character is Elizabeth. She is perfect. Since Half Life 2 I have never seen a sidekick as good as this. She`s been made perfectly both as story pillar and as gameplay support.
    Elizabeth is everything a real woman is. She is smart, naive, sensitive, loving and charming. She loves to dance, cries, laughs. She enriches the story tenfold and is never annoying. Her unstable relationship with DeWitt is believable and fun like a good lovestory. You see her going about and by the 2nd scene you literally start to think she`s a living woman inside the game. You can get iritated, you can fall in love with her or feel like her father only because she is so believable. At the same time she is a great teammate. She does not need any nursing. In fact, she nurses DeWitt from time to time, handling him ammo, money, salts or health. Every moment along the way you both go, she shows her fears so you pick up on it and feel similar.
    Dialogues between the two leave nothing to be desired.

Graphics
    Upgraded Bioshock 1 engine. Looks excellent even in 2015 and plays well on old hardware.
    There are some low quality textures here and there but not very often, you`d have to really look for it. Every other texture is great. Also the environment is not destructible. However besides that there is this overwhelming attention to detail. Rooms look excellent, open areas look great. Shadows and lightning work is spot on. The color pallette is little cartoonish so to say, but you get used to it pretty quickly.
    Model textures look very good, even singular stitches or patches on clothes. Any model is acceptable whereas Elizabeth looks like creating her took away most of the resources. Her clothes and hair have their own simple physics, she has a whole set of facial animations. By looking at her model a human mind instinctively reads all the emotions that she is supposed to feel, nothing looks wrong here.
    Guns show reflections and are well detailed. Every gun has its own animation. Explosions and all other effects are of exemplary quality.

Interface/Gameplay
    Takes some time to get used to. Fairly easy, not complicated, using as few buttons as possible. Suitable for mouse & keyboard playing. Responsive and smooth.
    There are all guntypes I would imagine mandatory for a fpp game. At first standard stuff that changes in time you progress. As in other Bioshocks, you can do guns only or vigors only or mix it up if you want. The game introduces you to every type and in time you are able to use the equipment effectively.

Music/Voices
    Could not have been done better. Plays along with everything that is shown to the player. Causes to reflect upon the story, enriches the world and characters. Voicework is top notch.
  52. Aug 22, 2015
    I don't like FPS and mostly I don't like killing people (even if fictional) in general and I think that is the reason why I was able to dive so deep on this title's story.

The game itself is pretty easy (there are modes beyond normal difficulty, so probably FPS fans may enjoy better with them), and that's actually a good thing because you can concentrate on story and story fragments since plot is where this game excels (and I mean it). Everything start slow but, progressing, events rush to a point you're disoriented and speechless. Every word added there would be a spoiler, so I'd better keep my mouth shout.

Graphics are excellent, one of the best use of Unreal Engine 3 you can ever see and with great performance. Sound compartment is flawless too, both on effects and music.

There are only 2 things I didn't like which strip the 10/10 from this title: Elizabeth being too "unrealistic" or doll-like and too much playtime to finish the game, I'd like to have probably a little more than half of the 15h it took for me to complete the story line (I got bored halfway through).
    For me this game is 9/10 though.

To recap, totally recommended to anyone on any OS (run with excellent performance on linux too), this was one of the best game I ever played.
  53. Aug 13, 2015
    I was never really interested in the Bioshock series due to its art theme and gameplay system in Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Therefore I didn't really pay attention to Bioshock Infinite despite the crazily high score critics and reviewers are giving the game. The reason why I play this game is that I have finished all the games I want to play this summer and I still have time. I'm totallyI was never really interested in the Bioshock series due to its art theme and gameplay system in Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Therefore I didn't really pay attention to Bioshock Infinite despite the crazily high score critics and reviewers are giving the game. The reason why I play this game is that I have finished all the games I want to play this summer and I still have time. I'm totally amazed by how good the game is. The graphics are gorgeous, the gameplay is smooth and fun, and the story is one of the best I have ever seen. The shooting can be a little tedious at times in the middle and later part of the game, but the difficulty of the combat grasps my attention well enough to go through the confusing development of the plot. The ending doesn't seem to make sense at first, but after reading some articles about it and then playing a second time, I fully understand and appreciate how good the story line is. It's basically the inception among games. The navigation can be really frustrating as it keeps telling me to get on the skyline and slide around in circles for no reason. Still, nothing really takes away the thrill and excitement of this masterpiece. Expand
  54. Aug 11, 2015
    After watching the ending i was like high for almost up to 48hrs. hasn't got much to say but this is the best game i ever had in my life. If i desperately have to make critics with this, Elizabeth supporting Booker with so many things does make things a bit easier and less tense compared to the original Bioshock and this is probably why infinite has lower meta score. The character ofAfter watching the ending i was like high for almost up to 48hrs. hasn't got much to say but this is the best game i ever had in my life. If i desperately have to make critics with this, Elizabeth supporting Booker with so many things does make things a bit easier and less tense compared to the original Bioshock and this is probably why infinite has lower meta score. The character of Elizabeth however is worth much more than the tension and challenge i enjoyed in the original game, at least for me. Expand
  55. Aug 10, 2015
    Amazing Fps game that stay true to the promise of the genre to which it belongs, good gameplay and story. Somebody say the graphic is not so good etcc.... WHO CARES, please stop to focus on graphics, push the software company to enrich the game itself and not the embellishments.
  56. Jul 18, 2015
    Very intriguing story line, which I am not sure even fully makes sense. The gameplay is in no means a step up from the last two games.
    No longer is there any mini-game, instead you just collect lock picks to access hidden things. The upgrades on your guns make no physical changes or make them look cooler or even act differently really. I know the game was focused more on story, and I think it is certainly different, and thought was put into it. I just do not like it as much as either of the first two Bioshocks.
  57. Jul 15, 2015
    An incredible adventure. The story is one of the best in gaming, the gameplay isn't broken or screwed, like most games nowadays, the characters are ones of which you actually care about. Play this. Just... play it.
  58. Jul 9, 2015
    This game looks elegant and incredible at first sight, the entire flying city looks like a place where you'd want to live any day.. and that's about everything they got right in this game, the graphics. This game doesn't give you a sense of progress as you move forward with the story, which might I add makes no sense and leaves a whole lot of gaping holes in it, and a prequel to beThis game looks elegant and incredible at first sight, the entire flying city looks like a place where you'd want to live any day.. and that's about everything they got right in this game, the graphics. This game doesn't give you a sense of progress as you move forward with the story, which might I add makes no sense and leaves a whole lot of gaping holes in it, and a prequel to be desired. It is never explained to us how Elizabeth is even able to open this tears, and create more worlds, or the tower made her powers weaker, or how destroying it would all of a sudden completely change her personality. The game tries to be confusing, and it absolutely succeeds in that, but it's not the fun confusing, where you'll be happy to attempt to discover what it all means, it just gets boring, and has no deeper, and no goal except to confuse you and make you wonder all about your character. But before you think this game only deserves a negative rating because of the story, i'm gonna straight out say it. The story is probably better than anything else in this game (except the graphics). As I mentioned you get no progress as you're going forward in the game, but all of the enemies get harder. The most you can do is purchase double damage for your favorite gun and use it like that. There's also not a lot of guns you can use in the game, well there is a lot of guns, but you'll usually stick with the two best guns through the entire game, and the other ones will be placed for an illusion of diversity, same with vigors, you're probably going to be using only two of your favorite vigors unless you're really trying not to. There's also this gear in the game, which nobody seems to notice as a problem because YOU DON'T EVEN USE THEM. That's right, I had absolutely zero idea about the gear I picked up, and haven't felt stronger when I picked up something different. There are some things this game gets right, like the fact that there's no respawning, rather Elizabeth revives you. Or you go through some door, which also doesn't make a lot of sense and is never really explained in the story. Now you might think 3/10 is harsh, and I have to say that I've had some fun during the game, but as the ending sprung up it completely killed my mood, if it had a normal ending, and didn't try to be cool and different then other games, and just ended up being un-interesting and different than other games. If the ending was different, or even if the game left us with a cliffhanger it would be either a 6 or a 5 for me. But the ending left such a bad taste in my mouth that I still can't remove. The story is really linear, and you just find yourself doing the same thing through the entire game, basically killing people in the same exact way you killed them, and when it gets to the ending it **** it up even more. This game is an EPIC FAIL, and a outright **** you to all the fans of the previous games, and to all the people who spent their hard earned money on a game like this. If you still feel like playing this game, even after reading through my review, i'd suggest downloading it through piratebay, since this game is NOT worth a penny of your money. Expand
  59. Jun 24, 2015
    more a piece of art than a shooter game. bioshock infinite is a gorgeous thrill ride with plenty of epic story lines,beautiful environments, and fun combat to keep you intrigued through the long and rewarding campaign.
  60. Jun 24, 2015
    What an amazing comeback to the BioShock series. BioShock Infinite is a beautiful game and instead of taking you into the depths of Rapture, now it is up in the skies of Columbia!

The story is brilliant with its plot twists, loop holes, truths spilling out right in front of you! Ken Levine (the writer of the BioShock series) has really brought the house down with BioShock Infinite's storytelling

The graphics, are beautiful! Once again I have to say the developers did it again with the opening! One of the most beautiful and amazing openings I have seen in a game, entering Columbia's pathways made me feel like I was part of Columbia and if in the future someone does come up with this idea, I'm all in! Your side companion, Elizabeth is actually the only side companion I actually enjoyed staying with, she will look for ammo and health as well as salts to help you whilst you are shooting your way through the tons of enemies the game throws at you

The skyline, what an amazing ride it was! Riding on the skyline was one of the most enjoyable bits I enjoyed in the game. Although a bit hard to master at first, you will soon get the hang of it! The Songbird, holy ♥♥♥♥, this massive bird that you see half way through the game is absolutely terrifying! With its loud screech and creepy eyes, it will surely send shivers down you're spine when you meet the Songbird for the first time! The Boy of Silence, one of the most terrifying bits in the game. And especially that bit! (People who have played the game, you know what I mean!)

Return to Rapture, although you never see Rapture until half way through the game, it makes me happy to see it back once again. Also note that Big Daddies and Little Sisters are non-existent in this game.

The game does take a dark side to it, the game unlike it predecessor deals with racism, discrimination, extreme religion and very serious and mature hot topics which involves the White race having all the fun whilst the Black race and other "lowlifes" that are in the slum areas of Columbia be treated like dirt, which some people may find offensive. Also some people may find the violence to be a little too graphic and may find it disturbing to watch/play

I hardly noticed any glitches or bugs, the only bug I encountered with was half way through the game, whilst rowing to a lighthouse the audio of the rowing paddles with the water were glitching out a bit and making a loud water sound effect muffling all the other voice actors

This game is absolutely brilliant and it is a big change from what was in BioShock and BioShock 2 and hopefully we may see more of the BioShock series in the near future!

Now, bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt.
  61. Jun 21, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite has an amazing story, great voice acting, and great characters. It deals on many of the worlds problems, yet never outright tells you what is right and wrong. However the game play is the games downfall. Do not get me wrong, it was fun, but gets boring. I wish they focused more on the gun play, rather than focus mainly on the story. But, the game was still enjoyable.
  62. Jun 20, 2015
    I expected like a nine, or something, but I really didn't liked it as everyone did.

The combat (or shooting, should I say?) is fluent and fun... for the first ten minutes, when a fight starts, it's about 10-15 minutes long, ANY of them, and the game is basically made of that, so it's 2 hours of shooting and 2 minutes in an elevator talking with Elizabeth about her and the story, also the tears are quite useless some times.

Elizabeth is honestly, the best companion I've ever seen in the video game history, she is quite dramatic at the beginning, but will be way less later, she is interesting, useful, part of the story, and she's basically the best thing in the whole game. she got some nice **** too.

Colombia (the flying city) is beautiful, cheerful, colorful, but it's habitants are mostly rich white racists, poor white and black hobos, workers (which most are black too), and it's a city which you cannot judge by it's cover, because honestly, it's a beautiful city made of bad people, and in the actual game: It has an okay level design, very linear though (because the game is linear, idiot).

The graphics are vibrant, colorful, something that doesn't match the game, but that makes it very artistic somehow, story is great, but misses the point a lot and is a bit confusing (especially at the ending), at all it's like a almost good game.
  63. Jun 18, 2015
    The best story in a game? What the hell man?! This is a linear-ass corridor shooter with no choice, cinematic crap, the same level repeated several times (area where enemies get thrown at you while some goddamnn psycho spouts **** at you). Nah, screw this.
  64. Jun 16, 2015
    This is the single greatest game of my life the environment, the feeling, the story, Elizabeth everything! it gives a an amazing experience! you can't call yourself a gamer if you don't play this game! its funny, i bought this game for testing my new graphics card, after a little bit of playing i completely forgot about my new graphics card :D

The graphics aren't high in terms of

The graphics aren't high in terms of texture or being realistic, but people specially Elizabeth's face are detailed and they show emotions very good! (expect random people in the city, they look like the meme cat)
  65. May 26, 2015
    No es un mal juego y además a la gente le chifla la historia de los universos paralelos y demás pero de Bioshock, tiene poco. De hecho si se le quitara lo de "Bioshock" el juego ganaría enteros.

El peor de la saga, el menos inmersivo, donde el "Deus Ex Machina" toma forma y donde los plásmidos, eje central de la historia y de la jugabilidad en los anteriores, pasa a ser un relleno mal metido en el mundo de Columbia.

Eso sí, universos paralelos for the victory.

5 de 10 porque llegué al final, aunque a mitad juego me di cuenta de uno de sus giros.
    Menos mal que Ken Levine se ha retirado para fundar su propio estudio, tal vez vuelva a crear buenas historias.
  66. May 23, 2015
    BioShock Infinite a masterpiece of the series and a nature show The graphics are fantastic gameplay controls liked also liked history and animals that game and to man better than Minecraft
  67. May 19, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is the third Bioshock title and takes place in 1912 where you play as Booker DeWitt an investigator that is sent to find a girl named Elizabeth in a floating city called Columbia to erase his debt. The game play is a little weaker than the first two games as you can only use two weapons at a time. The weapons are a little bit boring. The atmosphere in Infinite is veryBioshock Infinite is the third Bioshock title and takes place in 1912 where you play as Booker DeWitt an investigator that is sent to find a girl named Elizabeth in a floating city called Columbia to erase his debt. The game play is a little weaker than the first two games as you can only use two weapons at a time. The weapons are a little bit boring. The atmosphere in Infinite is very different than the first two games as it takes place in a city in the sky. You don't have to play the first two games to understand Infinite. The story is quite confusing and the ending is mind-blowing. The game is quite different from it's predecessors. Expand
  68. Apr 27, 2015
    A decent title which receives a great deal more hate than it genuinely deserves. The plot is a pretty stupid mess when you try to put it together and it really feels like a wasted opportunity, but the atmosphere and world building, as always from Ken Levine, is top notch. Columbia is a genuinely interesting place to explore and learn about, much like Rapture or the Von Braun before it. ItA decent title which receives a great deal more hate than it genuinely deserves. The plot is a pretty stupid mess when you try to put it together and it really feels like a wasted opportunity, but the atmosphere and world building, as always from Ken Levine, is top notch. Columbia is a genuinely interesting place to explore and learn about, much like Rapture or the Von Braun before it. It isn't the greatest game in the world, but one doesn't have to strain to see the clear passion and hear that went into its creation. That's more than I can say for most AAA titles released today. Expand
  69. Apr 8, 2015
    A totally fantastic game.
    a deep story with a nice writing script
    stunning atmosphere of the city Columbus
    impressive characters in the game
    super power is always fun to use
    skyhooks are awesome and gave player some high speed experience
    must be the best Fps shooter in 2013
  70. Apr 4, 2015
    ...Masterpiece. BioShock Infinite ascends to heaven in a literal and figurative sense: it is the most intelligent, beautiful and absolutely unattainable for rivals shooter.
  71. Mar 24, 2015
    It is a big letdown compared to the previous games. The overtly simplistic gameplay and poorly written story has driven me off from this franchise for good.
  72. Mar 16, 2015
    Kill all the racists!

Pros: The gameplay represents what First Person Shooters are all about, fast paced action with all sorts of crazy abilities and weapons. Infinite gets this perfectly in addition with decent control. The graphics, while not totally realistic, look fantastic. The lighting is some of the best lighting in all of video games and the art is mesmerizing to look at
    Kill all the racists!

Pros:
    The graphics, while not totally realistic, look fantastic. The lighting is some of the best lighting in all of video games and the art is mesmerizing to look at around every corner.
    The story that is told in Infinite is incredible. While the plot itself is fairly simple: "Bring us the girl, wipe away the debt", its the interactions and the facial animations that bring the game to life. The voice acting is also very believable and really invested me in the game.
    There are a few themes that are covered in this game, for example, racism and religion. I felt like these were covered quite well. In fact, because of a racist part in the beginning, my other personal objective was to kill EVERYONE as I believed them all to be racist.

BioShock Infinite is one of the best games I have ever played and was definitely my Game of the Year in 2013. It was also the first game I played that I applauded. :D

73. Mar 12, 2015
    This is a brilliant game gripping storyline and graphics well cared for, I was fine for the playability and its particular atmosphere enveloping everything where the impossible becomes (reality) in this particular virtual place. The underlying theme of the first chapters continues even in this chapter and in some moments nearly thrilling.
  74. Mar 11, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is a FPS developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released on March 26, 2013 on PC, X360 and PS3. The game begins somewhere in 1912 when the protagonist Booker DeWitt, was sent to the floating city of Columbia, to find a young girl named Elizabeth, who was trapped in a tower in the shape of an angel. The game stands quite well on the story,Bioshock Infinite is a FPS developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K Games. The game was released on March 26, 2013 on PC, X360 and PS3. The game begins somewhere in 1912 when the protagonist Booker DeWitt, was sent to the floating city of Columbia, to find a young girl named Elizabeth, who was trapped in a tower in the shape of an angel. The game stands quite well on the story, characters and voice acting with a good development during jocului.Tot once the story is more complicated than in others. In terms of gameplay is much better compared to its predecessors, it's running on the engine from Unreal, Unreal Engine 3 especially one graphics are gorgeous, with many landscapes that can leave you stunned. Music and sound are very well chosen, taking to make you feel like in the years 1912. In conclusion it is a good game, getting to be a number you do not have to leave, especially if you are a gamer. Expand
  75. Mar 6, 2015
    I started this the very moment it came out, and only finished it now, almost 2 years later.. at around 80% I stopped playing for a while. I now regret not having pulled through immediately, WHAT an ending. Very good game, lots of awesome views, Elizabeth is just unique, and well.. It fully lives up to Bioshock 2 and 1.

Still just 9 / 10 and not 10 / 10, some passages were way too

Still just 9 / 10 and not 10 / 10, some passages were way too shooter-focused, I would have traded a bit less combat with a bit more story / talks at some points.

Go play it.
  76. Mar 4, 2015
    This game is a work of art, just like I expected it to be from playing the other games. It does an incredible job immersing the player in a fictitious setting in a time where most of us weren't alive during. The plot is well-written. Gameplay feels nice and solid. I've completed the game on 1999 mode and the difficulty felt just right. I've yet to try the "Burial at Sea" dlc. I enjoyedThis game is a work of art, just like I expected it to be from playing the other games. It does an incredible job immersing the player in a fictitious setting in a time where most of us weren't alive during. The plot is well-written. Gameplay feels nice and solid. I've completed the game on 1999 mode and the difficulty felt just right. I've yet to try the "Burial at Sea" dlc. I enjoyed Rapture, so I'm excited to get started on the dlc and see Rapture again with prettier graphics. Btw, the graphics are gorgeous; not realistic, but very stylish. Unfortunately I can't rate this game 10/10, for technical inconvenience reasons... The FOV slider at maximum is too narrow. There are stutters that weren't present in the previous games. That's all. Both problems can be alleviated by tweaking a couple of config files (yay!), but it's still an inconvenience. Anyway, really like the game, even if it's not quite as good as the previous games setting-wise and story-wise. Everyone needs to play it. Expand
  77. Mar 2, 2015
    This game blew my mind. The story is one thing, but I think the most amazing thing here is the setting. Colombia is simply breathtaking. I'm about to play through a second time to just walk around. this is definitely on my top 5 list of video games.
  78. Mar 2, 2015
    The first two 'BioShock' games are some of the greatest first person shooters to ever get released. And this game is good too, in it's own right, but it's just not on the same level as those first two games. For starters, 'Infinite' comes off as an open world sandbox, but it felt much more on rails, as if I were being lead around on a leash the entire time. Most sandbox games have youThe first two 'BioShock' games are some of the greatest first person shooters to ever get released. And this game is good too, in it's own right, but it's just not on the same level as those first two games. For starters, 'Infinite' comes off as an open world sandbox, but it felt much more on rails, as if I were being lead around on a leash the entire time. Most sandbox games have you running around, completing quests for many different people for many different reasons; traveling from town to town discovering new quests, friends, and other challenges along the way; but 'Infinite' has you following around the same person the entire time, making it feel much more restricted than it should, causing the entire world to just feel...smaller.

I actually held off playing 'Infinite' for several months because I thought it would be a much more daunting experience than it turned out to be. I don't know, the earlier 'BioShock' games just felt much more involved than this one did; as if many of the things that made the other games great have since been removed in order to make the game easier and more accessible or something. But what the hell do I know? I'm not very good at reviewing video games anyway. All I know is that this game felt much simpler, and went by much more quickly than I felt that it should have. And maybe that's just because I enjoyed it, but the game just isn't all that difficult, and I can only remember one or two times that I actually felt challenged while playing.

But aside from the overall simplified feeling that I got when comparing this game to the earlier ones, I still really enjoyed playing through 'Infinite'. For starters, the atmosphere is easily one of the most beautiful that I've ever seen and while I was there I felt completely immersed in it while watching the story unfold, which plays out like a blockbuster motion picture I might add. The music is great, just like in the earlier games and fits the overall tone perfectly, the cut-scenes were well timed and didn't get boring, the game is optimized extremely well, making it great for users with lower end machines, which is always a plus, and I enjoyed the humor.

Sure it's not as good as the earlier 'BioShock' games, but it's still worth playing through if you can get 'Infinite' for a few bucks. It's got a decently compelling storyline, the combat mechanics, although somewhat generic are still fun to play with, and if you're in the market for a newer AAA shooter, this game is often on sale, which isn't half bad either. But other than that, while it was satisfying to play through once, 'Infinite' is overall a forgettable and generic shooter that just didn't live up to the hype and I don't plan on returning to it anytime soon, if ever.
  79. Mar 1, 2015
    It was my first single player FPS and was a excellent experience. Excellent graphics even when I can't play it maxed. I haven't understood the ending nor who was Comstock but I had fun and that's what matters. Elizabeth is very helpful in battles providing health and ammo and Columbia is very well designed.
  80. Feb 27, 2015
    One of the best games I ever played, following all the greatness from the first 2 games (Bioshock 1 & 2). Great graphics, great gameplay and magnificent story. Thanks for more this game, 2K!
  81. Feb 26, 2015
    If you ever ask me what my favorite game of all-time is, without a doubt i would say BioShock Infinite, I think this game is as close to perfection as a game can ever get because it's able to immerse you so well and create an environment that gives you so much to do and learn and play with.

You can use and combine powers called Vigors, you can pick and choose your weapons to suit how you like to play, and creates such a great and in-depth story that you can't help but fall in love with it. The combat plays a lot like the previous Bioshocks but it's upgraded even greater. The characters are very 3 dimensional and you can't help but feel bad for them throughout the entire thing. And the ending...wow, I don't think a game has ever blown my mind so much before. While this game doesn't have choice endings like the other Bioshocks, this ending more than makes up for it.

Basically, this game easily earns the 10/10 score and I think it'll be really hard to find another game that sets the bar higher than BioShock Infinite has. This game has changed the way I look at games for years to come, and hopefully it does the same for you.
  82. Feb 25, 2015
    People always ask me why i play games instead of watching movies. Well, it's because games like these just blow me away. The story, the feeling, the graphics, the atmosphere... Its like you're the main character of the best movie you've ever seen. You are so actively involved in the story. People who think negative about this game are maybe not mature enough to understand. The gameplay mayPeople always ask me why i play games instead of watching movies. Well, it's because games like these just blow me away. The story, the feeling, the graphics, the atmosphere... Its like you're the main character of the best movie you've ever seen. You are so actively involved in the story. People who think negative about this game are maybe not mature enough to understand. The gameplay may not be the most interesting but the story/feeling is just incredible. I can say that this is the best book ive red, the best movie ive seen and the best game ive played. Absolutely my favorite. Expand
  83. Feb 21, 2015
    I like pc games a lot but could not understand the hype around this one. The story seems to be too complicated, shooting mechanics quite boring, the wanna-be-cool graphics are no really creating a feeling of un-linear game design.. this game just could not keep me interested.
  84. Feb 19, 2015
    This game is excellent for FPS fans who're not into the chaos of warfare that CoD provides.

The pros: 1- beautiful atmosphere. 2- Well set battles, Smooth game mechanics and a Varied play style 3- Voice acting, Characterization and Story line The cons: 1- The way Bioshock Infinite lays down its story. 2- No actual Boss battles. I am a big fan of this game, only played this

The pros:
    1- beautiful atmosphere.
    2- Well set battles, Smooth game mechanics and a Varied play style
    3- Voice acting, Characterization and Story line

The cons:
    1- The way Bioshock Infinite lays down its story.
    2- No actual Boss battles.

I am a big fan of this game, only played this edition and its episodes, the downside is that the story really comes together if one finds and listens carefully to 90% of the Voxophones and listens to all of Elizabeth's conversations, which are interesting but as FPS goes I got absorbed in scavenging and shooting to actually care about all of that, when the final stage arrived I found out that I had imagined many parts of the story that cannot be true, so I read explanations that spoiled the real story for me.

Nevertheless I played it on 1999 mode and observed how the story came together again, who were the important characters and what were their roles, so replay-ability made up for my bad experience with its ending.

Story line is mind blowing, it's along with The Last of Us as best story telling for me, only it was more compelling to explore and marvel at its absurd premises and conclusions, the voice acting is top notch and Elizabeth implies this 3rd person aspect to the game where she's always moving and interacting with my surroundings, along with the interesting Booker Dewitt I never felt like I'm driving floating arms in a FPS, it felt more engaging than some 3rd person shooters actually.

The atmosphere especially in the first stage is absorbing, I felt that the game is daring to some of my deepest beliefs and concepts and provides characters with more background behind their motives, it's dark and it almost felt like pinching me in the sides and bringing my eyes closer as I played tentatively, that's where the magic of Bioshock is, more imaginative designs and more surprises and mysteries that kept me wandering at its shores wondering if I really should dare move forward before I did, unlike even The last of us which had a great story but in many occasions I couldn't wait to get to the finish because it's all predictable, this game was anything but predictable to me.

Some people complained that the boss battles are recycled, well apart from the Handyman whom appears 4 times during the game, there are no bosses, there are super soldiers who have no sign atop them but are in fact more lethal than even the Patriot, so there isn't a standard for bosses in this game aside from the somewhat recycled handyman.

Game mechanics flow blissfully, unlike Dishonored where you could save game at any instant you desire (in order to replay any situation) this game only has checkpoints, but when the player dies he's revived almost instantly, he loses some of his cash and all the characters he's defeated stay dead and the ones he's wounded heal, which makes every encounter counts because there's basically no going back in some situations yet that doesn't stop or hinder one's game because one can always beat the enemy no matter the many tries it takes (unless one's out of cash).

I only mourn the scarcity of boss battles in this game and the fact that it never explains how crucial are its voxophones or random conversations, aside from that it could have been better (which applies to all games) but its still my most enjoyable experience on a PS3.
  85. Feb 10, 2015
    The gameplay is actually the weakest point of the game (still not bad though), but everything else is impressive. The story, the setting, graphics, voice acting and the writing are quite impressive. Probably one of the most interesting games of 2013.
  86. sft
    Feb 9, 2015
    Rapture in Columbia

Rapture in Columbia

The first Bioshock game was a remarkable achievement. Bioshock 2 expanded on the first and was equally good. With BIOSHOCK INFINITE, Irrational Games have surpassed their previous efforts and produced a game that is better than the first two in all but one way (we’ll come to that later). BI looks fantastic. The aerial city of Columbia is quite literally stunning to look at. Visually the game is a work of art, with some of the most amazing design and use of colour that I’ve ever seen in a game. The story, although not directly related to the first two games, is as strong as ever, as is the voice acting. The combat will be familiar to those who have played B1 or 2, although the more open environment of Columbia and the ability to use the Sky-Line system makes many of the set-pieces more fluid and dynamic. The weapons are different and now the plasmids are called Vigors and are replenished by the use of salts but overall the feel of the combat is quite similar to the two previous games. A major difference, however, is that the player now has a companion. Elizabeth is with you throughout much of the game and although she does not take part in any combat she does assist in other ways and she also provides a conversational foil for the playable character, who also speaks in this instalment. The only thing I missed when playing this game were the Splicers. In Bioshock 1 and 2 the bizarre ramblings of these twisted individuals were a joy to hear and they produced much of the games’ humour. There is humour in BI but not as much as I would have liked. That said it’s really the only criticism I have of the game and it’s more than compensated for by all that’s good about it.
  87. Feb 4, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is not a fun game.

Bioshock Infinite is not a fun game.

Imagine that you are in a room, a relatively small one, with the standard ceiling, floor, and four walls. The floor is hardwood and the ceiling is painted sky blue with clouds. The walls, however, are painted with people and shops, and trees all in lush detail. And just like the wall of a room, you can't interact with any of it, just look at it. Sure, you can listen in on the same repetitive conversation from a group of occasional bystanders, you can even "interact" with the occasional garbage can, which may or may not give you something useful, although it is generally food or salt, of which you already have plenty of. It is simply a pretty picture that gets old very very quickly.

Once combat begins, it too becomes old very quickly. You wind up fighting the same enemies with identical AI over and over again. The uniforms may change and they may gain a few hit points, but it is all the same. The clothing and vigor choices that are meant to add depth and variety are entirely impractical and clunky. Cycling between vigors is cumbersome especially when you are being shot at by enemies that have unlimited ammo, whereas you are stuck with only a couple of weapon choices and extremely limited ammo.

This, of course, is the games way of compelling you to use everything in the game to succeed. You are supposed to use the sky-hook, and vigors, and Elizabeth's "tears" in order to accomplish your objective. Not only is the action too fast and the enemy too plentiful for all of these things to be practical to do at the same time, it also takes any type of choice in strategy away from the player. You can't sneak, you can't snipe, not in any realistic sense, before you get swarmed by enemies who either kamikaze your position, or cower behind cover. Some of the rare tougher enemies are fun, such as the George Washington's with the mini guns, but those can get old after a while as well.

Overall, the clunky battle mechanics, lack of real weapon variety and limited ammo, near useless vigors and time tears, novel but otherwise useless sky-hook, repetitive fight sequences, and virtually no ability to interact with the environment you are in, makes this game feel like you are just inside a pretty picture. Everything else feels like an afterthought.

Massively over-hyped. Mediocre at best. 5/10
  88. Feb 2, 2015
    After trying Bioshock and leaving Bioshock 2 alone (because I never liked Bioshock), I tried Bioshock Infinite.
    It blew my mind away...
    Story This game has a rich and captivating story. It has great characters that you learn over the course of the game. I especially loved the weird twists in the game, the mysterious pair popping up once in a while with some riddle you will solve when
    It blew my mind away...

Story
    This game has a rich and captivating story. It has great characters that you learn over the course of the game. I especially loved the weird twists in the game, the mysterious pair popping up once in a while with some riddle you will solve when playing on.
    The ending was so weird, it came as a revelation that had blown my mind.

Gameplay
    Is as good as any shooter, with low sensitivity it shoots away great.
    The "spells" you have are funny and useful, and they look great.
    Sometimes it's a bit of a mystery how they work exactly, but this makes it really fun to experiment and discover.

I also loved the rails you can glide onto, it adds another dimension to combat.
    The rail controls are very logic as well, making it very comfortable to hop on a rail and assassinate a target from the air (this is also very satisfying)!

Graphics
    Truly mesmerizing. The environment is weird with all the flying platforms, and they create the right atmosphere you need for a psycho first person shooter. The views are stunning.

The spells are looking great and distinctive, no copy of other games (save for Bioshock ofcourse).

Audio
    Does support the atmosphere. Pretty scary at times, but enthralling and immersive.

Conclusion
    Overall a great game to play and finish, with a great psychological story that is going to blow your mind!
    9/10.
  89. Jan 27, 2015
    Another clunky shooter covered with lights and fog machines to hide the fact it's so poorly and cheaply constructed the graphics quality on maximum settings look no better than Bioshock.It was all hype and crap and insipid people buying into a steam punk theme...

The story was borderline incest time travel Daughter/wife/killer WTH
  90. Jan 22, 2015
    I still have mixed feelings about the game . After beating the game myself and after watching this video . And so I now have to attempt to get Bioshock 1 and 2 to fully understand this . This game was an absolute "MASTERPIECE",don't get me wrong but the shier complexity of the story or without the knowledge of the previous games or just with the **** near-to-un-understandable ending , theI still have mixed feelings about the game . After beating the game myself and after watching this video . And so I now have to attempt to get Bioshock 1 and 2 to fully understand this . This game was an absolute "MASTERPIECE",don't get me wrong but the shier complexity of the story or without the knowledge of the previous games or just with the **** near-to-un-understandable ending , the game just gives me the "MEH" kind of feeling . The same feeling I got from playing and beating "The Last of Us" (of course in different circumstances)

I GIVE THIS GAME A 9/10 ! Don't hate me for this cause I nearly had to do the same thing with "The Last of Us"
  91. Jan 15, 2015
    Overall this game is Amazing! The combat is fun and the storyline is great. The graphics are fun and Elizabeth-surprisingly-isn't annoying! There is a wide range of guns and the sky rails are cool.
  92. Jan 10, 2015
    The main story was good
    But the expansion(Burial at sea) leaves me at disappointing side,It could't complete well with the main story
    I can't give high rating for good graphics,musics
    I felt that the game could be better if it was tps instead of fps
  93. Jan 9, 2015
    This is my favorite game I have ever played, hands down.

This is my favorite game I have ever played, hands down.

The storyline is intricate and enthralling, with characters who are believable with their own flaws ad virtues. The Elizabeth character is the most lifelike npc companion I've encountered to date, and her presence makes exploring the world even more enjoyable. The setting is fantastic, and together with all the posters, lighting and npc/voxaphone dialogue, it really feels like you are in a vibrant living world. The music in the game is also fantastic, with many songs from the 1910s and 1920s era. Furthermore, they flawlessly produced many modern songs in the old fashioned styles (eg ragtime) which was a massive highlight from the game.

The game must be appreciated for its artistic genius first, and as a game second, which is possibly the source of the disappointment and negative views. The combat is passable but nothing remarkable. It serves merely as a tool to keep players exited, and to break up periods of exploration which many players in the target audience would tire of without the adrenaline rush they've come to expect in a shooter, and does not add to the plot. In fact, the most exhilarating parts of the story contain no shooting at all. The periods of peaceful exploration, such as at the start of the game, where there is no threat were my favorite parts in the game, and I really do wish there was more of this. There are so many snippets of dialogue, hidden audio tracks in the background and interactions with the game world in these short periods of the game, that I found I spent much less time fighting in battles than simply exploring every nook and cranny of this vibrant and fully fleshed out world. Truly a rare gem in today's game industry. Morrowind, Telltale's Walking Dead/Wolf Among Us and The Witcher 2 are the only other similar artistic games which come to mind, and these fall far short of the bar raised by Infinite.
  94. Dec 31, 2014
    easily one of the best Bioshock in the series. the way this game introduces Booker and his background is fantastic, also the ending was very unique in a good way.
  95. Dec 28, 2014
    bioshock. im sorry. you won in 2013 fps genre. no doubts. ghosts was crap. bf4 was cool but buggy as hell. this game is so underrated comparing to the rest fps games this year. because today everyone is 10 years old **** that play multiplayer
    OMG YO HACKIN **** YO MOM OMG BIOSHACK INFANITE IS SHIET CUZ GHOSTS BEST GAME EVA 10/10
    **** you. bioshock infinite is a great taking. and sure

**** you.
    bioshock infinite is a great taking. and sure takes easily the best fps of 2013. lol why do i even compare it to the others :D
  96. Dec 26, 2014
    This is one of the most best game i ever played in my whole life it has lovely sound track beautiful graphics and one of the best story and also game play
  97. Dec 23, 2014
    I feel like there is nothing to hate about this game, its gorgeous and the developers actually took their time on this one. It has an amazing story with one of the most well-played characters, and a nice skill system. All of that aside, this game is perfect and everyone would enjoy this game
  98. Dec 21, 2014
    This game is beautiful. The world seems complete and fully rendered. Really you feel as if you are traveling through a complete world. You aren't told "look they are racist." You can take in the economic imbalance in a glance. Really the scenery is what this game is all about. How can a floating city be treated otherwise? The plot of the game is interesting. The FPS mechanic is reasonable.This game is beautiful. The world seems complete and fully rendered. Really you feel as if you are traveling through a complete world. You aren't told "look they are racist." You can take in the economic imbalance in a glance. Really the scenery is what this game is all about. How can a floating city be treated otherwise? The plot of the game is interesting. The FPS mechanic is reasonable. I'm not uber with FPS and I got through it. Vigors added a nice sense of tactics to the fighting. In the end though fighting wave after wave of generic enemies to advance the plot becomes kind of a chore.
    And their last act twist (which I won't spoil). It fits well. But not perfect. (which is why I give it this score) There could have been more/better forshadowing throughout. Really the problem is by seeing the world Comestock lives in and through his actions, you feel you know him. But the narrator is too much a blank slate.
  99. Dec 17, 2014
    Oyun güzel.Hikaye güzel.Karakterler fena değil.Ama Bu Nasıl Son!Sonunun dışında güzel bir oyun.Açık dünya olmamasıda bir eksi ama...Düşük puanı haketmiyor ama yüksek puanıda hakettiğide şöylenemez.
  100. Mar 26, 2013
    The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles. Kudos

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    Play BSI slowly, relish the moments and don’t rush to the end. It’s certain that you will have lived one of the richest gaming experiences that, as far as narration, lyricism and story are concerned, will take a lot of time to forget! [May 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    A very solid, but not revolutionary shooter in an amazing setting, with a story that struggles to convey its authors’ ambitions and is only seemingly complex. The vision is less focused than in previous Bioshocks and it does a worse job on binding the plot with gameplay. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.46]
  3. May 1, 2013
    Problematic plotting and excessive amounts of poorly balanced combat apply friction to what is otherwise one hell of a rollercoaster. [May 2013, p.80]