5.7

1. Chriss
    Feb 22, 2009
    Would be a 10 easy but it plays a bit slow. It was such a nice change from base building rts.
  2. Sep 22, 2012
    Very solid title coming from a big-time strategy game fan. I don't like shooters or sports titles or fancy graphics in lieu of content. Stategy, simulation, or adnenture games for me. I have played many titles and I just recently stumbled across this one. Wow! Good stuff. If concepts are more important to you than graphics then this is a very solid war stategy game. It seemed tooVery solid title coming from a big-time strategy game fan. I don't like shooters or sports titles or fancy graphics in lieu of content. Stategy, simulation, or adnenture games for me. I have played many titles and I just recently stumbled across this one. Wow! Good stuff. If concepts are more important to you than graphics then this is a very solid war stategy game. It seemed too complex initially but after about 11 hours I understood how simple and streamlined it really is.

I gave this game a 9 but considered an 8. Although I haven't finished it yet I can already tell that it will be pretty much the same thing with just more challenges thrown at you. That is why I considered 8. But after reconsidering I realized that this game completely achieves its objectives and definitely makes you feel like you are the 5-star general moving your officers around the map. It accomplished this with very simple ideas that are actually very complex. Micromanagement, which I like however, is at a very minimum.

Had this title included economic, political, and domestic features that were more fleshed out then this would have easily been my 2nd all-time score of 10. Instead it is in rare company with a 9. Game is worth $30, at least; Im so I glad I got it for $9.99.

It's definitely worth it.
  3. [anonymous]
    Feb 12, 2009
    Very solid but only for people who truly appreciate strategy.
  4. DavidY.
    Dec 21, 2009
    Fun strategy game, much like a board game but would be good if you could control production or influece how the locals think about your side. AI seems pretty good too.

1. PC Gamer UK
    The beauty of BoA is the way it captures the unique character of American Revolutionary warfare without drowning wannabe Washingtons and Howes in detail. [May 2006, p.81]
  2. Computer Games Magazine
    It's the best evidence of games' actually having some value beyond entertainment, and it's a total bonus and not necessary for game enjoyment. You can play it just as a game, and it works fine too. [July 2006, p.62]
  3. This is the kind of game nerds play when they’re waiting for new Dungeons & Dragons campaign books to come out.