8.2

1. Feb 26, 2013
    This game is just awesome. If you love bit. trip series, you must try this game. The graphics are just awesome, the gameplay has a lot of improvements and the lengh of the game is just perfect.
  2. Feb 27, 2013
    The best word to describe this game would have to be "Fun". The game looks gorgeous, controls flawlessly and it has enough content to keep you entertained for a long time but in the end it just come down to one simple fact. It represents the core of what gaming should be. Fun. Amazing work from Gaijin games and I hope we see more of that.
  3. Feb 26, 2013
    Everything a follow up should be. Improves on the first Runner by leagues, while adding just enough new stuff to keep it fresh. The amount of stuff to unlock and the online leaderboards keep me pretty confident that i'll get more out of this $15 game than I have out of many full priced ones. Plus: You can put a walkman on CommanderVideo. If that doesn't sound great to you, you don't have a heart.
  4. Mar 5, 2013
    Excellent graphics with fluid animations - Slick, responsive controls - Fantastic music - Charmingly nonsensical plot and cutscenes - Optional checkpoints which grant a score bonus if skipped - Great level variety; 5 worlds, each of which has a unique look and feel, and its own musical style Overall a very impressive, polished sequel which should keep fans of its predecessor happy whilst also being more accessible for new players. Expand
  5. Feb 26, 2013
    Fun, addictive, and deceptively simple gameplay. Accessible enough for the casual gamer, and packed with enough challenges and secrets to keep the old-school gamer and completionist busy for hours.
  6. Mar 14, 2013
    Runner2 is the most fun I have had with a videogame in years. I have been a gamer for 20+ years and I would recommend this game to EVERYONE. This game has had me smiling for 3 days. 10/10 for me.
  7. Mar 11, 2013
    I was already impressed with the original Bit.Trip Runner. Even so, it did have its flaws here and there. The difficulty spikes were very unforgiving, especially early in the game, and it really put off a lot of players. Fortunately, it wasn't in vain, as Gaijin has heard the fans, learned from mistakes, took everything good about the original and added enough new content to do the impossible, and take Runner to the next level. If your a bit.trip fan, get this. If you like rhythm games, get this. If you play games, get this. Seriously. GET. THIS. GAME. Collapse
  8. Mar 2, 2013
    Colourful, fast and rhythmic. All you could hope from a new Bit.Trip game. For me Runner was always "the" bit.trip game, and Runner 2 doesn't disappoint. In some points its easier than the previous game (although in some parts rightfully so, no need for those 100% perfect timed springboards), but still has it's own magic. The good music is still there, the game looks great and has enough content for a Expand
  9. Jul 23, 2013
    Bit.Trip Runner2 is a perfect game. The controls are perfect (I'm playing with a 360 controller). The visuals are perfect. The music is perfect. The gameplay is perfect. You can always have differing opinions when it comes to personal taste, and so I'm sure Runner2 is not everybody's cup of tea. But from a purely objective standpoint it's clear that Gaijin Games put out a really exceptional product here. There's plenty to keep both casual gamers and achievement hunters coming back for more. Highly recommended! Expand
  10. Mar 14, 2013
    I can honestly say that this is the most fun game I've played so far in 2013. I would personally rate it a 10 (as I've played it enough to get triple perfect+ on everything), This game is more of a reaction/rhythm game than it is a platformer. Just like Guitar Hero, you have to press the right buttons at just the right time. If you like those types of games, you'll love Runner 2.

The
    two most important updates in this franchise are 1) checkpoints and 2) the ability to change the difficulty level on the fly. I've found myself ragequitting this game a lot less frequently. And for the purists, the checkpoint is optional; you get a large bonus to your score if you choose to skip it.

I do want to caution people looking to buy the game that if they hated the first BIT.TRIP Runner, they might find this game a little more tolerable, but probably still won't really like it.
  11. Jul 13, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of the BIT.TRIP series, BIT.TRIP RUNNER in particular. When I saw this for pre-order, I new straight away I had to get it. So I did. I've played through the entire game and still aiming to 100% the game. Unbelievable fun and re-playability with solid mechanics and 2.5D graphics with this game, an easy 10/10.
  12. Mar 14, 2013
    Bit.Trip Runner 2 is not so much a music game in the sense that it requires you to make music, but rather that music is your reward for playing the game. It's obvious from the get-go that Gaijin knew exactly what they wanted to do with Runner 2. Gameplay is incredibly solid, visuals are breathtakingly gorgeous, and music you'd expect to greet you on a long sprint down the bridge to Valhalla. Every inch of this game is polished to perfection. You find yourself almost immediately absorbed into the bizarro world they present to you, your thoughts a swirling mess of music, colors, and twitch reflex. When you fail you only feel more compelled to play further, feeling the urge to show this game what-for!

An absolute must have game with anyone with a Steam account.
  13. Apr 7, 2013
    Game is very fun, i played bit.trip.runner1 and i think that runner 2 is a real improvement! The graphics are improved and jumping is improving and it also supports Xbox 360 remote!
  14. Oct 8, 2013
    First & most important: play this game with a gamepad. Do not try to play with a keyboard. You will make yourself miserable.

That being said, this is what you want from a sequel: a game that improves upon the original in every way. I haven’t yet finished this one but I’m about halfway through and it has already exceeded my expectations.

I’ll start with the only negative point I have
    right now: the Reverse Merman’s ball sack. He’s a character with the upper body of a fish, the lower body of a man, and testicles that hang down to his knees. I’m not a prude, but I think it’s needlessly disgusting in an otherwise lighthearted & fun game. If you have kids, you probably don’t want them seeing that. I’m an adult and I don’t want to see that. At least he is an optional character so you don’t have to unlock him, and if you unlock him you don’t have to use him.

Aside from that blemish, this is an incredibly polished & enjoyable platformer for both casual gamers and hardcore, leaderboard chasers alike. The way they designed the point system is ingenious because while they added checkpoints into each level, if you don’t use them you will get a point boost and a challenge boost since your experience will be a lot like the first game where you start all over from the beginning of the level each time you die.

If you don’t care about your score, though, you can take full advantage of the checkpoints. They make trying to collect the gold bars scattered throughout each level a lot more fun. Ditto for the secrets and unlockables, of which the first game had none. Speaking of unlockables, there are quite a bit in this game from extra characters to extra outfits and even more of the Atari-style, ultra retro challenges featured in the first game. Levels also routinely feature multiple paths, one of which will be more difficult (but could contain a treasure or secret) or will lead to a secret level exit.

The graphics are much nicer than the original and are 3-D while still keeping the original’s retro, 2-D feel. It makes the game look much sharper and gives more life to the characters you can play as they have more than bare bones animations this time around (the cheeseburger guy is especially fun in this respect).

Oh and if the optional checkpoint challenge isn’t enough, there is also a new “dance” button that causes your character to dance for a split second during the level. You get points each time you dance, but your guy can’t do anything else while dancing, so you’re taking a risk when you do it. Also, getting a perfect run with all the gold bars gets your guy put in a cannon at the end where you have to try and hit a bullseye for maximum bonus points. The addition of these factors plus the checkpoint boost will keep a lot of leaderboard fiends busy for quite a while, I’m sure.

I got this for 50% off at recent Steam sale but I’d say it would also be worth full price, especially if you enjoy competing on the leaderboards. Can’t wait to finish it.
  15. Jan 3, 2014
    A very frustrating but brilliant game. The graphics are brilliant, the music is brilliant, the gameplay is brilliantly simple.
    Every aspect of this game is designed to distract you from the essential timing of your button-presses to advance throught the seemingly never-ending obstacle courses. Alone, the simple free-running style would be easy, but the moving backgrounds, particle
    effects, detailed environments, hyper music and wacky ideas ensure this is not so. I love that. Expand
  16. Mar 11, 2013

1. May 7, 2013
    Gaijin Games once again managed to find a reasonable balance between trivial gameplay rules and gradually rising, pleasantly challenging difficulty level. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.75]
  2. Apr 11, 2013
    Travelling along a plane at a constant pace has never been so much fun – Runner2 is an addictive and rewarding experience.
  3. Apr 5, 2013
    It manages to blend rhythmic platforming with the runner genre tremendously well, creating a cocktail of pure enjoyment from start to finish, and is accessible enough that anyone can get into.