5.4

1. Oct 26, 2010
    Multiplayer is laggy due to no dedicated servers and lacks text chat due to Games for Windows Live Syndrome, you need to either use the terrible voice chat or just some other program. Lots of exploitable camping locations on maps that are literally impossible to sneak past at times because of how unfair some maps are. The wallhack thing implemented in the game (HRV) is kind of neatMultiplayer is laggy due to no dedicated servers and lacks text chat due to Games for Windows Live Syndrome, you need to either use the terrible voice chat or just some other program. Lots of exploitable camping locations on maps that are literally impossible to sneak past at times because of how unfair some maps are. The wallhack thing implemented in the game (HRV) is kind of neat though, and the fact that you can't use your gun while it is on is a good balancing act. Singleplayer is pretty bad. Enemy AI is **** when they see you, they shoot; when they don't see you, they don't shoot. They use cover, but only because it's near them. Co-opping makes it more fun but only because you have a friend or two to make fun of it with you. I got it for the $7.50 Steam sale price. I would rather it be $5, definitely not worth the $15. Expand
  2. Oct 17, 2010
    The game was absolutly horrible, I bought it for 15$, not worth it at all.
    The game is full of aimbotters and other various hacks and it's like pulling teeth to get a decent match, GFWL makes it even worse. There is NO campaign and it uses matchmaking, overall a really **** game.
  3. Oct 17, 2010
    Got this game free when I got a new computer, and wish I hadn't , it could be a good game if it wasn't for the horrible lobbies and the easiness to hack, making the game near unplayable for non-cheaters. I might reconsider it if they release a patch to control hacking. But, if you can look over that, it's a mediocre game.
  4. Jan 7, 2011
    A huge waste of money. The first problem are graphics. While this is an independent company, I feel that they could be much better. They feel very old and compare to a late Playstation 2 game. The color scheme is also annoying preventing you from seeing enemies at a glance and you will be frustrated to be killed at random times. There is also a set spawn point for each team that neversA huge waste of money. The first problem are graphics. While this is an independent company, I feel that they could be much better. They feel very old and compare to a late Playstation 2 game. The color scheme is also annoying preventing you from seeing enemies at a glance and you will be frustrated to be killed at random times. There is also a set spawn point for each team that nevers changes. As a result spawn camping becomes very easy and you won't be able to make 3 steps outside your base before being shot. Gameplay also tends to be a bit sketchy and I have noticed that it sometimes lags a bit before you die. The maps are easy too learn but very contain many campers.

The only redeeming factor about this game is the customization. Almost everything can be customized allowing for diverse weapons. If you like customization I would reccomend this game but sadly all the other problems shoot it down. It could have been a much better game, but fails miserabely.
  5. Jan 1, 2013
    Obligatory 0 for using Games for Windows Live. An unforgivable offence, as GfWL is Microsoft's attempt to kill PC gaming in favor of the Xbox. There might be something playable under the DRM, but I'd have to pirate it to find out.
  6. Oct 16, 2010
    pas terrible, installe windows live xbox et autre fichiers. Dispo en Anglais sur Steam.
    Pas mon style de jeu, je m'attendais à mieux. Pas mal de bug niveau graphique.
    En fait on se demande se qu'il faut faire exactement.
  7. Dec 1, 2011
    A fail shooter with no online players. Don't bother wasting your money. Poor design, poor game play, poor user interface, poor everything! Stay away at all costs.
  8. Mar 22, 2011
    With a little community, no unique or interesting ideas to keep it fresh the multiplayer on this game scores low points with its only saving grace being decent graphics & standard if common unlocks/customization packages.
    The "single player" is really just a form of multiplayer & with the REQUIRED internet connection even for that is not even worth mentioning... a true shame since the single player is what I thought would be the games saving grace. Bought on a day when I was sick I hoped to have a fun single player game to keep me busy; instead I found a game I couldn't play unless I was logged in & it was a week before I could play it.
    Over all this game is a 2 out of 10 & barely deserves that; save your money... buy something else... anything else. Even Alpha Prime is better.

If you fancy shooting people in your games, Blacklight: Tango Down will likely be a fun diversion from whatever AAA shooter you normally play.
  2. Despite a lucratively low price, Blacklight has no future. Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2 are much better replacements if you want to just shoot at somebody, and if you're itching for some classic multiplayer gameplay, Counter-Strike Source is an excellent remedy for nostalgia.
  3. Blacklight: Tango Down is a decent, cheap multiplayer shooter for the budget-minded gamer looking for a change of pace.