5.3

1. Jul 10, 2014
    Dead MP game that needed a constant connection to GFWL to try the co-op maps alone. I beat all four co-op maps in a few hours and was done with the game.
  2. Jan 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unable to delete and MetaCritic requires 150 characters to replace what was here (a review for another game), Sorry for the noise. I will put in a real review in its place once I play this game. Expand
  3. Jan 1, 2013
    Obligatory 0 for using Games for Windows Live. An unforgivable offence, as GfWL is Microsoft's attempt to kill PC gaming in favor of the Xbox. There might be something playable under the DRM, but I'd have to pirate it to find out.
  4. Jan 24, 2012
    This Game is good! They are making a f2p version like Monday Night Combat. People complain about low player numbers but remember PC gamers are on Counter Strike/Battlefield/Call of Duty/other f2p shooters when it comes to the genre. Now this game is 5 bucks on steam so get 4 copies for 20 get a party and get some co-op going. This game is like L4D meets halo meets something else. Impressive for a small studio to develop. I stay away from f2p shooter due to hackers...... Expand
  5. Dec 1, 2011
    A fail shooter with no online players. Don't bother wasting your money. Poor design, poor game play, poor user interface, poor everything! Stay away at all costs.
  6. Aug 24, 2011
    I thought it was pretty good for a 15 dollar game. For 50 percent off it was even better. However, the biggest problem I have is I can't ever find anyone to play with. I only end up with 2-3 people in a lobby, and the game can never start. When I could play it, it was pretty fun. I also agree with other reviewers. I don't have any clue why developers keep using games for windows live. It is always a pain. Expand
  7. Mar 22, 2011
    With a little community, no unique or interesting ideas to keep it fresh the multiplayer on this game scores low points with its only saving grace being decent graphics & standard if common unlocks/customization packages.
    The "single player" is really just a form of multiplayer & with the REQUIRED internet connection even for that is not even worth mentioning... a true shame since the
    single player is what I thought would be the games saving grace. Bought on a day when I was sick I hoped to have a fun single player game to keep me busy; instead I found a game I couldn't play unless I was logged in & it was a week before I could play it.
    Over all this game is a 2 out of 10 & barely deserves that; save your money... buy something else... anything else. Even Alpha Prime is better.
  8. Mar 9, 2011
    I think the game is perfect.
    Good graphics and that for such a price.
    I advise to buy.
    It pays real!
    It does not cost much and the gameplay is great fun.
    The ground for only 9 Euros
  9. Jan 7, 2011
    A huge waste of money. The first problem are graphics. While this is an independent company, I feel that they could be much better. They feel very old and compare to a late Playstation 2 game. The color scheme is also annoying preventing you from seeing enemies at a glance and you will be frustrated to be killed at random times. There is also a set spawn point for each team that nevers changes. As a result spawn camping becomes very easy and you won't be able to make 3 steps outside your base before being shot. Gameplay also tends to be a bit sketchy and I have noticed that it sometimes lags a bit before you die. The maps are easy too learn but very contain many campers.

The only redeeming factor about this game is the customization. Almost everything can be customized allowing for diverse weapons. If you like customization I would reccomend this game but sadly all the other problems shoot it down. It could have been a much better game, but fails miserabely.
  10. Oct 27, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can understand why users rate this game so low, but i have been playing it a lot lately before i review to make sure i know what im talking about. Havent played it yet today so my mood wont effect my review. Now lets get started. 1st the graphics are pretty good, for a low budget game it get a plus, also the sound is okay but its low budget so it is fine. Gameplay is a minor issue, the HVR is very cheap in my opinion, it does eliminate camping but it makes the gameplay cheap itself in the fact that everyone knows where you are, almost like a UAV but different. The worst thing about the game is its matchmaking. It is extremely bad at finding matches with players in them, instead it will make a new lobby with u as a host, and most of the time ur playing 3v3. but what people need to understand is that if you stay in the same lobby for about 3 matches it will usually be filled up by then. meaning you get the true experience intended, and when you do its great. So in conclusion, it has nice graphics and decent sound, HVR eliminates camping but hinders gameplay a little when mathces have little player. Matchmaking is very bad and needs to be fixed in an update, also game needs map packs in future. Expand
  11. Oct 26, 2010
    Multiplayer is laggy due to no dedicated servers and lacks text chat due to Games for Windows Live Syndrome, you need to either use the terrible voice chat or just some other program. Lots of exploitable camping locations on maps that are literally impossible to sneak past at times because of how unfair some maps are. The wallhack thing implemented in the game (HRV) is kind of neat though, and the fact that you can't use your gun while it is on is a good balancing act. Singleplayer is pretty bad. Enemy AI is **** when they see you, they shoot; when they don't see you, they don't shoot. They use cover, but only because it's near them. Co-opping makes it more fun but only because you have a friend or two to make fun of it with you. I got it for the $7.50 Steam sale price. I would rather it be $5, definitely not worth the $15. Expand
  12. Oct 18, 2010
    The game is great in terms of the combat which is all the game is about the whilst defaultly limited story missions available i would be doubtless surprised if the mod community adds a few. The online gaming is seamless, the only real problem is peoples microphones and that is easily enoughed via the windows mute option a solid game
  13. Oct 17, 2010
    Overall, the game is good. The multiplayer is easy to get the hang of and seems to balance teams well even though they may not seem even. Based off of the Unreal 3 engine, I give it a good rating for looks and gameplay.
  14. Oct 17, 2010
    Got this game free when I got a new computer, and wish I hadn't , it could be a good game if it wasn't for the horrible lobbies and the easiness to hack, making the game near unplayable for non-cheaters. I might reconsider it if they release a patch to control hacking. But, if you can look over that, it's a mediocre game.
  15. Oct 17, 2010
    The game was absolutly horrible, I bought it for 15$, not worth it at all.
    The game is full of aimbotters and other various hacks and it's like pulling teeth to get a decent match, GFWL makes it even worse. There is NO campaign and it uses matchmaking, overall a really **** game.
  16. Oct 16, 2010
    pas terrible, installe windows live xbox et autre fichiers. Dispo en Anglais sur Steam.
    Pas mon style de jeu, je m'attendais à mieux. Pas mal de bug niveau graphique.
    En fait on se demande se qu'il faut faire exactement.

If you fancy shooting people in your games, Blacklight: Tango Down will likely be a fun diversion from whatever AAA shooter you normally play.
  2. Despite a lucratively low price, Blacklight has no future. Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2 are much better replacements if you want to just shoot at somebody, and if you're itching for some classic multiplayer gameplay, Counter-Strike Source is an excellent remedy for nostalgia.
  3. Blacklight: Tango Down is a decent, cheap multiplayer shooter for the budget-minded gamer looking for a change of pace.