8.1

1. Jul 9, 2013
    This game is pretty good, the community is pretty good, lacking on creativity for now, It is made out of a add-on system, which means you can download anything from a motorcycle to a tank, to a handgun to a laser rifle, You get default addons when you start off, until you figure out how to install add-ons. And then theres RTB which is kind of a friends list, theres a add-ons board there,This game is pretty good, the community is pretty good, lacking on creativity for now, It is made out of a add-on system, which means you can download anything from a motorcycle to a tank, to a handgun to a laser rifle, You get default addons when you start off, until you figure out how to install add-ons. And then theres RTB which is kind of a friends list, theres a add-ons board there, some chatrooms and then your friends list, to add a friend put in their blockland id, and it will send them a friend request.

There are bad admins, but you shouldn't get into them until you've played for a month. Also, theres a admin system to, if you don't have RTB, just tell them the password, if you have RTB, Super admins and you can go into the admins list, click your name, and assign you Admin or Super Admin. Super Admins cannot be banned and only de-admined by the Host, Admins can ban eachother, Super Admins can ban Admins, and de admin them.Both Admins and Super Admins can do f8 to fly in a orb, then f7 to turn back into a Blockhead. There is building.

people cannot build on your stuff until you give them Buid Trust or Full Trust Full Trust lets them do events on your bricks which may be like onactivate>namedbrick>door>dissapear>5. The game costs 20$, but there will be sales for like 15$ 10$ even 5$ maybe. I would say buy this game because i've been addicted to it for a long long time.
  2. Jul 10, 2013
    Very fun game. Been playing since 07 when I purchased the game. The game has gone through MANY MANY cycles of development. Some of user created material has become default. (Builds, Add-ons, Event System)

The reasons why It doesn't get a 10 from me is because.. 1. The forum community is very harsh, and isn't child friendly despite its large sum are kids. If you're buying this for

The reasons why It doesn't get a 10 from me is because..

If you're buying this for your son/daughter, do not let them go onto the forums. As long as you're communicating in-game, you're golden. Most players are very friendly and are willing to help new players.
    People on the forums play the forums, not the game.

2. The recent UI overhaul to Blockland makes creating a server a pain. Very minor, most people won't be hosting servers unless it's single player.

3. No more terrain/interior maps. Every map is a clean slate. The previous bedroom and kitchen maps were taken out to make room for a shader overhaul to the game's engine.

Other than that, it's a great experience. Legos without the mess!
  3. Jul 9, 2013
    I've been playing this game for around 6 years now and I have to say this game is one of a kind.
    In this game you have a variety of choice. This means that in one server you can freely build together with some friends on a freebuild, and in the next server, you can DM on a ship. There is plenty of custom made add-ons as well as different bricks you can use to build things with. No packs cost extra money of any kind.

The community may be horrible at some extent but it shouldn't be an issue unless you are very young.
    If you are very young then you should not play a game with as much freedom as you have on this game.
    Let's just say... People don't always build appropriate structures...

Other than the community, this game is a great bargain for $20.
    Plenty to do and all the time in the world to do it!
  4. Jul 10, 2013
    Blockland is an absolutely FANTASTIC game. I played it since I was in eighth grade, and I still play it after high school. The game's flexibility as far as game types paired with the huge amount of user-created content really kept me playing. I may have plenty of games that keep me occupied for a while, but they all contain one game type. With Blockland, there is no limit as to whatBlockland is an absolutely FANTASTIC game. I played it since I was in eighth grade, and I still play it after high school. The game's flexibility as far as game types paired with the huge amount of user-created content really kept me playing. I may have plenty of games that keep me occupied for a while, but they all contain one game type. With Blockland, there is no limit as to what you can do.

I highly encourage anyone who is interested in buying it to buy it. A key for lifetime full access to the game only costs a single payment of $20.00. If I knew back in 2009 that I would still love this game, I would have payed $50.00 or maybe more.

Thank you for reading.
  5. Jul 19, 2013
    The strength of Blockland lies in the fact that you can build what you want, and it accomplishes that with flying colors. Not many other games offer the same experience that Blockland provides, the possibilities are virtually endless with a robust selection of mods created by the community, which only add to the game. The core mechanic, which is the ability to build; is well implementedThe strength of Blockland lies in the fact that you can build what you want, and it accomplishes that with flying colors. Not many other games offer the same experience that Blockland provides, the possibilities are virtually endless with a robust selection of mods created by the community, which only add to the game. The core mechanic, which is the ability to build; is well implemented and easy to learn. You can save and load your builds, which is a definite plus in my book. With the implementation of shaders, the core graphical fidelity is unmatched by games such as Minecraft or the free-to-play 'competitor' ROBLOX. If you liked these games for the ability to build things, then you will like what Blockland has to offer you. For any Lego fan, this game is a must-buy. Expand
  6. Jul 12, 2013
    This is arguably the best game I have ever bought. There are so many different things you can do. You can build pretty much whatever you want. You can have team deathmatches themed for tons of games like TF2, CoD, and battlefield, and much much more. You can race in a realistic style race or you can set up a mariokart style race. Those are just a few examples of the versatility of thisThis is arguably the best game I have ever bought. There are so many different things you can do. You can build pretty much whatever you want. You can have team deathmatches themed for tons of games like TF2, CoD, and battlefield, and much much more. You can race in a realistic style race or you can set up a mariokart style race. Those are just a few examples of the versatility of this game. There are so many different things you can do in this game, it is worth much more than its low cost of 20 dollars. Expand
  7. EGB
    Jul 27, 2013
    Blockland (Retail) has been around for 6 years. For every update the game becomes more polished. (Some may feel the removal of Torque Engine Maps was a step back, but I strongly disagree.)
    Because of the modding and the infinite limits of playing in a sandbox game, you can easily kill a thousand hours in building or just studying architecture of others talented work. This game is fun and is played by people at any age. Be careful not to judge this game too quickly, it bends with your imagination.

I highly suggest you research on this game before creating any opinions. Many seem get the wrong impression. (For example nonsense as thinking it is a Minecraft clone. Blockland Retails release date was in 2007, and Minecrafts development started in 2009.)
  8. Dec 16, 2013
    I absolutely love this game and think it is worth the $10 (there's been a price change), on sale for $7 when I write this review. There's almost nothing like it elsewhere, though it can be compared to Garry's Mod. While I'm not the best an any aspect of the game, it's well worth the initial wonder when you first download and play the game. By yourself, the game is not the most fun, but youI absolutely love this game and think it is worth the $10 (there's been a price change), on sale for $7 when I write this review. There's almost nothing like it elsewhere, though it can be compared to Garry's Mod. While I'm not the best an any aspect of the game, it's well worth the initial wonder when you first download and play the game. By yourself, the game is not the most fun, but you can definitely build great structures that look beautiful with shaders enabled and event complex or simple systems to do whatever you want them to do. If you get bored, invite some friends and have a race or kill each other for the best score with rockets and destructible maps. The real meat of the game is in the user content servers, builds, music, and most importantly add-ons. There are thousands of add-ons available for download that really ramp the game up, from interesting and unique weapons to massive planes! Users have made some very sweet gamemodes, from falling tiles, king of the hill, adventures, and more. Get this game if you like having fun. Expand
  9. Dec 5, 2013
    Almost 6 years ago my brother and I downloaded the demo for this game. We really liked it and bought the full game a few months later. It is still my favorite game and I have a feeling it always will be. The online community and the forums are not very good but you will learn to live with them and make some friends. Also, people can give you a really hard time if you are just starting out.Almost 6 years ago my brother and I downloaded the demo for this game. We really liked it and bought the full game a few months later. It is still my favorite game and I have a feeling it always will be. The online community and the forums are not very good but you will learn to live with them and make some friends. Also, people can give you a really hard time if you are just starting out. I would still rate this much higher than a 10 if could. I am a devoted Blocklander forever! Expand
  10. Dec 17, 2013
    I'v been playing this game for years and it doesn't cease to entertain me with possibilities. This is a true Lego sandbox game- the best of its kind. Although the default game may be limited, Return to Blockland and the add-on making community make this game great!
  11. Dec 17, 2013
    Blockland is one of the best games I've ever played. I've had it since 2008, and I can say every time I come back to it I have tons of fun. There are lots of unique and fun servers and a wide selection of add-ons for you to put on your own server. It doesn't require port forwarding to host a server, so pretty much anyone can do it. Building in this game is a bit more fun than any otherBlockland is one of the best games I've ever played. I've had it since 2008, and I can say every time I come back to it I have tons of fun. There are lots of unique and fun servers and a wide selection of add-ons for you to put on your own server. It doesn't require port forwarding to host a server, so pretty much anyone can do it. Building in this game is a bit more fun than any other game because there are bricks that can have custom models and special features. It also has one of the best systems I've ever seen in a game: The event system. If you wrench a brick, you can press the "events" button at the bottom and you can choose things for the brick to do. For example, onActivate Self setColor [red] can be one of the events you put. If you click the brick, it will turn red. These can be really fun to mess around with to customize your builds as much as you can. Expand
  12. Jun 21, 2015
    Superb game for people who like creativity, freedom and building. The forums are not so good, but the game is really enjoyable without having to go on the forums.
  13. Jul 9, 2013
    It's a very satisfying open-world, sandbox building game. The price is a little steep, I'd say it's worth around 12 15 U.S. Dollars, but not 20. The server system is good, but very abusable. The community is all right, too. It's not a super perfect game, (there is a strong number of glitches) but it's still a good one.
    All in all, a very satisfying building game with lots of bugs, though.
  14. Jul 10, 2013
    The land of the blocks.

The land of the blocks.

I am sure you are not familiar with Blockland so I will tell you all about it. Just by seeing the title you can already tell that this game is about blocks. It is a game based on constructing whatever you want and then putting weapons and NPCs (Non player characters) into the game (It is optional). You can customize the NPCs to make them follow you or stay away from you or just roam around. There are many thing you can do with the NPCs thanks to events.

Events are practically what allow you to open doors explode blocks and change your character. Events lets you change the game around so it fits whatever you wanted to do with it, it lets you make your character giant or mini it lets you change if you want to have like the ability to fly with jets on your feet, turn into a sea creature or another animal. Events lets you customize them to let bricks disappear by pressing a button or another brick. As you can see Blockland is a very complicated game if your a beginner that does not know anything about it. Blockland has 3 tools which you can locate by pressing Q on your keyboard. Wrench is a tool that people that have Blockland use A LOT because it is the main tool to use. The wrench is what lets you wrench bricks and have options if you want to add fire to a brick or if you want to go in events even if you want to add weapons or make it light up a room. If you use effects and you want a fire to go another direction on the brick and not up you can press n to face if north or the other ones like e, s, or w. The hammer is used to delete bricks if you did not place one where you wanted it. All you have to do is click the brick with the hammer in your hand and it disappears. The printer is used for pasting pictures on to blocks for example a sign that says closed if you made a store or a sign that says Go for a stop light. To build in Blockland you use the num pad located on the right of your keyboard. To move bricks where you want them you press eight to make it go forward the way you are facing two to go backwards four to make it go left and six to make it go right. If you wanted to lower the brick you would press five and if you wanted to make the brick go higher you press the on the num pad.

The reason why i would rate it a nine is because it is a unique game that lets you play the way you want to play it and you can do anything to it to make it just like real life. Even though Blockland is a complicated game, the way that they made it is what makes it a good game.
  15. Jul 9, 2013
    This game is the perfect $20 you can spend. It's super fun and super creative. You can create anything, from builds, to modifying bricks to even scripting your own addons to enhance your experience. It is a very fun online sandbox game. The graphics are nice, it's not too blocky, although it IS Blockland, it's customizable, it has cool minifigs and avatars, you get to meet people and theThis game is the perfect $20 you can spend. It's super fun and super creative. You can create anything, from builds, to modifying bricks to even scripting your own addons to enhance your experience. It is a very fun online sandbox game. The graphics are nice, it's not too blocky, although it IS Blockland, it's customizable, it has cool minifigs and avatars, you get to meet people and the community is pretty good too. Sure, you got trolls and newbies, but you can expect that in every internet game. Perfect 10 out of 10, this game deserves it. Try out the demo, and please consider buying this underappreciated, but fantastic game. Expand
  16. Jul 10, 2013
    So many features. Bots, Scripting (very flexible scripting, i might add), Eventing (a sort of dumbed down scripting to be used on bricks), Vehicles, Minigames. It's a shame they removed maps, because some of the greatest times I've had were on Jorgur's Dogfight, traversing the snowy slopes, or just hanging out in the Bedroom. There are people who will say that those who oppose map removalSo many features. Bots, Scripting (very flexible scripting, i might add), Eventing (a sort of dumbed down scripting to be used on bricks), Vehicles, Minigames. It's a shame they removed maps, because some of the greatest times I've had were on Jorgur's Dogfight, traversing the snowy slopes, or just hanging out in the Bedroom. There are people who will say that those who oppose map removal (they were removed for being glitchy and broken, though I didn't see any fault) hate change and can't move forward. However, for players who don't like building as much as deathmatching or dicking around, the removal of maps was a significant thing. The removal of maps has lowered my interest in the game significantly. However, the community is pretty cool, it's small enough to where your name will be known, if you interact on the forums enough, make popular mods, or host good servers. Good servers are still around, though I feel their presence has diminished significantly. It was definitely a good buy 6 years ago, and I'd say the same again now. Especially since it's 50% off at the time of this review. Expand
  17. Jul 9, 2013
    I have played this game for 7+ years and am definitely satisfied. The game's building works very well, and the modifications system allows for a great deal of fun. The community is great if you don't lose their respect, and the multiplayer capabilities are plentiful. I honestly can't tell you what makes it such a great game, but something's been keeping me here all these years.
  18. Jul 10, 2013
    I have to say, for the price to fun ratio, this game beats all. While the essential idea of the game is to build with Lego-like blocks, it isn't limited to just that. Downloading some user modifications will enable you to play themed TDM's, defend your fort in a Fort Wars server and pretty much do anything your imagination will limit you to. There are many unique multiplayer servers toI have to say, for the price to fun ratio, this game beats all. While the essential idea of the game is to build with Lego-like blocks, it isn't limited to just that. Downloading some user modifications will enable you to play themed TDM's, defend your fort in a Fort Wars server and pretty much do anything your imagination will limit you to. There are many unique multiplayer servers to choose from, so the fun never ends. Although, I have to say, the Blockland Forums is a harsh place for younger kids. Expand
  19. Jul 10, 2013
    Amazing game. It's got a huge amount of longevity, because one can keep installing new add-ons very easily, or join servers and play things others have created. As a personal experience, I have played this game for over 4 years now, and it's well worth the one-time-payment of 20 dollars.
  20. Jul 9, 2013
    Blockland review rough draft

Blockland review rough draft

This game is one of the best lego building games of all time. The game implements such great and innovative ideas that I can never go back to roblox or minecraft. There are no griefers online because of the games "trust" system. People can't build on your bricks unless you grant them trust (which you can give them through the player list GUI). There are two types of trust: the first type is build trust were people are allowed to build on your bricks, the second type is full trust were people are allowed to modify and delete your bricks. You can also demote someone's trust or take it away from them entirely so they can't build on your stuff.

The administrative options are great as well. If someone spammed bricks all over your server you don't have to manually clean them up. Instead the admin GUI allows you to clear all the bricks of a specific user. You can also choose to spy on a person through the GUI to see if they are misbehaving. You can also load a save that you built before if you are an admin so you dont have to always build everything up on a server. There are also two different types of admins: admin and super admin. An ordinary admin can ban, admin orb (fly around and go through bricks) and load bricks. A super admin can do all that but it can also deadmin ordinary admins and ban them, they can also change what mods and gamemode is on the server as well.

Another great thing is the event system. This allows you to create simple function with your bricks. So if you want to can have so when you click on a certain brick it disappears, or have a building explode when you step over a brick. The game also has bots that you can also event. This allows you to change their appearance, their weapon, if they are an ally or enemy, and much more. You can also apply lights to bricks and emitters which add smoke, grass, and different effects. This adds much more life to your builds and instead of just making a build for people to look at on a free build. You can create an adventure were people have to battle bots or have to collect keys to open doors.

The minigame system is also amazing. With this system people can create their own game within the game. This allows them to select a playertype, select what weapons to start out with, etc. then invite people to join it. So people can be DMing on a free build of they want but this won't affect the people who didn't join the minigame. So you can have people fighting in a deathmatch, people racing, and people happily building all on the same server (the minigame system can be disabled if you want).

The game also very moddible which keeps the game fresh. Installing a mod is very easy. Just put the zip into the adding folder, enable it in the custom game mode option and your done. There is also a mod called "return to blockland" which allows you to download mods ingame. The mods can be adding more vehicles, more events, different skyboxes, different bricks, basically anything. There is also a type of mod called a gamemode which packages a bunch of different addons into one and loads save and different gamemode options.

The only real flaw of the game is that there aren't a big variety of servers up due to the community being so small. But the great thing is that you can create just about anything and it allows you to set up your own server without port forwarding so you can just create any type of server you want.

I would recommend this game to anyone who likes building and Legos. Even to people who don't because there is such a large variety of things to do. This is the best building game I have played and puts other building games to shame.
  21. Jul 9, 2013
    I have played this game for 6 years and I still find it interesting with unique gameplay elements, this is by far one of the best games I have ever played and is definitely worth the twenty dollars
  22. Jul 10, 2013
    I've been playing Blockland for five years now and for $20 I can say with certainty that this game is worth every penny five times over. I have never played a game that can give you this much for your money. The value of this game is simply through the roof. As a sandbox game the replay value is simply fantastic but don't go in expecting to do something new every other day. From myI've been playing Blockland for five years now and for $20 I can say with certainty that this game is worth every penny five times over. I have never played a game that can give you this much for your money. The value of this game is simply through the roof. As a sandbox game the replay value is simply fantastic but don't go in expecting to do something new every other day. From my experience I would say that you might find something new to do and play on new servers every other week.

The core of the game is in building whatever you can think of using cuboid bricks of various shapes and sizes. There are also ramped bricks, round bricks, windows, trees, doors, and various other special bricks. It feels very much like building with Lego bricks but digitally and never running out the colors or bricks you need. Although there is a limit of 256,000 bricks per save/per server but it is quite enough for mostly everything you would want to create. You are not stuck with a static build either. There are animated bricks, bricks that change color, invisible bricks, and you can add events to the bricks. Events are like simplified graphical scripting. You could make some brick change color when you touch it, make it play a sound when you click it, and much more. Using events it is possible to create highly interactive adventures.

In terms of default content I would say there isn't very much to do but the real strength of the game lies in it's versatile add-on system that allows the community to create new content for the game. Even after years the game still stays fresh because of all the content that is constantly being created for the game. There are thousands of add-ons available and almost none of the add-ons conflict with each other so in theory it would be possible to run them all at once but there is a limit to how many add-ons you can have active at once. I believe the add-on system quite similar to Garry's Mod. The system has it's limitations but adding new content is really easy. You don't modify any of the default files of the game but rather load in .zip archives that contain the necessary files for a new world, weapon, vehicle, etc. In some games you can spend hours looking for mods that work together then another several hours trying to get the game to run without crashing. In Blockland I just browse through all the cool mods and go "Oh sweet, downloaded!" and it just works out of the box. The problem with this sort of add-on system where you basically can't modify the core game is that if you don't have access to the game code and everything must be done through scripting. It has it's limitations but it has kept the game afloat for years.

Blockland is definitely an online game. Playing alone can be fun and easier at times but the multiplayer aspect of the game is much more fun. There are usually ~150 players online at any given time but when it's night in the Americas things get rather quiet. There are often only 2-6 large 32 player servers during peak hours and the rest of the players are spread out across a dozen of 0-6 player servers. There are a variety servers ranging from the usual team deathmatches, capture the flags, and deathmatches to racing, roleplaying, puzzles, and simply servers dedicated to building.

Blockland may look like a innocent Lego-like game but I would still not recommend this game for the younger folk. The community consists mostly of teenagers (as well as few older adults) and the online servers and game forums are not particularly child friendly.
  23. Jul 9, 2013
    Blockland is one of the best Lego games of all time. The game can make you build anything. Like a city, a ship, a landmark, anything you want. Thanks to the "Trust" system, there is no griefers online. You can't build or destroy other player's bricks unless you have grant trust (You have be on the menu and on the player list to give them trust). You can play with a friend or a lot ofBlockland is one of the best Lego games of all time. The game can make you build anything. Like a city, a ship, a landmark, anything you want. Thanks to the "Trust" system, there is no griefers online. You can't build or destroy other player's bricks unless you have grant trust (You have be on the menu and on the player list to give them trust). You can play with a friend or a lot of people in your server. This game made me stop playing Roblox and Minecraft due to its simple eventing and a better community. You can create a zombie game, a free build, a death match or a roleplay. Major downside is their might be bad servers but, the game is great. There is a mini-game system that you can make what ever game you wanted. Game is awesome. Go try it out. Expand
  24. Jul 9, 2013
    by frar this is easiley 1 of the best sand box games of ever the sandbox games of all time. thi s game is like lego with lego online! theres building fighting exploreing moding and even building its a game with many features your never get bored. this game has lots of realplay value theres always new places to visit and new visits to explore. i got this game 7 years ago and the fun neverby frar this is easiley 1 of the best sand box games of ever the sandbox games of all time. thi s game is like lego with lego online! theres building fighting exploreing moding and even building its a game with many features your never get bored. this game has lots of realplay value theres always new places to visit and new visits to explore. i got this game 7 years ago and the fun never end even if u do get grounded.

mom alway says "GET OFF THE COMPTUER AND pLAY WITH REAL LEGO" even after i get whiped 4 playing 2 much the fun is always enjoyable and good. the comunity is always a blumper of fun thers many nice people like my friend amyrose111 and theres some bad people 2 but its ok just have friends to talk too. the maps like birdroom and slopers used 2 be fun but therss even newer features and builds 2 make more fun 2 play with. everyone body should liuke this game even the people who dont should like this game the game is a wel developed and india game only available on dell and mac so if u have a xbox or ps u might need a gamers computer to play it on maxx options.

the endlessness is limitles in this game of endless posibilities theres so muych out there to do u can event your build 2 make it do stuff like EXPLOODE or make a ship that shoots ro make a house with working!! lights. you can share ur stuff with freinds and play on it weather it be fighting racing rping or exploreing theres so much to do.

now that thats all said and over lets get down 2 the hinkle dinkle and talk abouut the cold hard dollas and let me tell ya its worth all them. this game is 20 dollars on 2 buy and theres some times sales i saw it for as low as 5 dollers one time i saw it low as 5 dollers. the money goes well paid when u pop it up and play the game your're sure 2 be in for a treat.

block land also comes with its mechendise like a block land BOOK i found contaigning blockland jokes, recipes, poems, and histrory (dont worry it has pictures not boring). theres exerppts from famous block land authors like blockivelli and plateo and poem from the block land first age. heres a sneak peak of a joke its a REAL knee slapper
    joke: why did the spammer delete the dam???
    answer: he didnt like flood protection!! XD

wheter it be t shirts, books, or the game itselve, block land is worth every buck. happy blockin!!
  25. Jul 10, 2013
    This is easily one of my favorite games ever, and my favorite sandbox game ever. The building system is so easy to get used to and there's a wide variety of bricks you can choose from. Not enough bricks? Download some community-made ones from the Forums! You can also add some interactivity to your build with the event system. Although it may seem very advanced at first, learning what eachThis is easily one of my favorite games ever, and my favorite sandbox game ever. The building system is so easy to get used to and there's a wide variety of bricks you can choose from. Not enough bricks? Download some community-made ones from the Forums! You can also add some interactivity to your build with the event system. Although it may seem very advanced at first, learning what each event does is easy and you can do amazing this with the event system. Blockland too has some decent graphics with the recently added shadows and shaders system, but the system is a bit poorly optimized. When you go online into other servers and build your creations there, there will be no fear of griefers thanks to the trust system. As much as I hate comparing, this is something ROBLOX and Minecraft failed to do and one of the reasons I prefer this game over the others. You can also customize your character, but not as much as I think it could be able to do. Furthermore, the game allows you to do much more than just build: with the gamemode system, you can decide to jump into a game of SpeedKart, explore the MotE Mansion, or just build! Overall, $20 is a very solid price for this game and I highly recommend you pick it up as soon as possible. Expand
  26. Jul 10, 2013
    The game is alright in itself. Multiple gamemodes and servers to chose from. You can play in singleplayer or multiplayer, via LAN or internet. Very few glitches in the game, the most notable are collision physics. An Add-on system is available that includes, tools, bots, music, environments, vehicles, weapons, scripts, and many others. Singleplayer would be rated T at the least, as theirThe game is alright in itself. Multiple gamemodes and servers to chose from. You can play in singleplayer or multiplayer, via LAN or internet. Very few glitches in the game, the most notable are collision physics. An Add-on system is available that includes, tools, bots, music, environments, vehicles, weapons, scripts, and many others. Singleplayer would be rated T at the least, as their is blood (which is can be disabled in the Add-ons menu) and one "curse" word on the spray can tool, which is cannot be disabled. There is a chat filter in the options menu, but this can still be bypassed. There is a forums, which I would recommend that for use by anyone under 13, or cannot take insults very easily. Most of the in-game community is fine for young use, but the most populated servers are usually the ones that hold the forum community the most. Overall, the game is very innovative, with a wide variety of bricks, decals, player options, and scripts, default and player made. You can make about anything you want in this game. I would give it a 8.5 overall. I highly recommend buying it. Expand
  27. Jul 9, 2013
    Honestly a great game that lasts a long time, with the countless add-ons, custom servers and more. It's definitely not perfect, and $20 may be steep, but it's really great. Plus there are occasional sales like the one right now where you can buy if for 50% off.
    (elecro is mad because he got banned from the forums)
  28. Jul 12, 2013
    Really good game. I play it everyday. Though it may lack some creativity, it is the best game I have played yet. Now with the v21 update we have shadows and shaders!
  29. Aug 6, 2013
    It is a good game, though removing interiors and terrain was bad idea, but even though the community is great, and the servers are great from Pecon7's Boss Battles, to Tezuni's City RPG. There are also great people who can create things using code from the Torque engine. Overall, it's a great game.
  30. Mar 11, 2014
    A great game with endless possibilities. Based on the LEGO system, but so much more than basic building, not only can you build anything you can imagine, but you can also add events to make your builds interactive, and lights/emitters to make your builds look great. Blockland is a game anyone who likes to be creative should buy. Not only that, but the price of the game has been sliced inA great game with endless possibilities. Based on the LEGO system, but so much more than basic building, not only can you build anything you can imagine, but you can also add events to make your builds interactive, and lights/emitters to make your builds look great. Blockland is a game anyone who likes to be creative should buy. Not only that, but the price of the game has been sliced in half, being around 10 dollars, its even on steam now. Expand
  31. Jul 13, 2014
    This is a amazing, unlimited game with infinite possibilities - if you want to smash down buildings and every building you smash you size up you can. - if you want to have a epic shootout at the polar icecaps, or a "death run" or fight a "boss" with a variety of classes, or try and escape a prison while keeping a low profile without the guards getting suspicious - or do a army, family etcThis is a amazing, unlimited game with infinite possibilities - if you want to smash down buildings and every building you smash you size up you can. - if you want to have a epic shootout at the polar icecaps, or a "death run" or fight a "boss" with a variety of classes, or try and escape a prison while keeping a low profile without the guards getting suspicious - or do a army, family etc roleplay, or even have a race over a strange, loopy flying course, while your teammates try to shoot down the opposition you can! That is just a small fraction of the multiplayer servers. Want to make your own game? You can! This game is defiantly worth the $20, and the community is great unless you p**s them off. This game is built around the custom mods people make, and the community of this game is the best I have ever seen. I would defiantly recommend. Expand
  32. Oct 29, 2014
    Well, a good game with a bad community, after some years, the blockland community has get an bad reputation in the internet, with badmins, idiots, and "Mercenaries" players, well, let's see the good way of the game, it have an good engine, easy scripting, too many addons, and FastDL, you don't need to open your port to host an server, only start an server and everyone can join in, the gameWell, a good game with a bad community, after some years, the blockland community has get an bad reputation in the internet, with badmins, idiots, and "Mercenaries" players, well, let's see the good way of the game, it have an good engine, easy scripting, too many addons, and FastDL, you don't need to open your port to host an server, only start an server and everyone can join in, the game is 60% lag-free but not too good (weapon) shotting if you don't have an good internet. Well, i recomend you buy Garry's Mod but if you want to see an comparation with roblox and his rival, buy Blockland. Expand
  33. Nov 7, 2013
    First of all, let me say that the concept of the game is excellent.
    But unfortunately, the people who play it are not. Especially the Blockland Forums.
    Players over there are a bunch of sadistic morons who like to jump on bandwagons instead of thinking about things for themselves. The users care more about who is popular than who is right. This is the worst game community I have ever
    First of all, let me say that the concept of the game is excellent.
    The users care more about who is popular than who is right. This is the worst game community I have ever come across.
    To make matters worse, the most active forum moderator is called 'Ephialtes'. He is often unjust and bans people just because he hates them. That abusive moderator will remain there forever.
    It gets even more horrible when you consider that the creator of the game, "Badspot", has the right to de-activate your product key for any reason. Badspot can do it for any reason, at any time.
    3 of my Blockland keys got de-activated because I was merely SUSPECTED of doing a DoS attack on the game. There was no hard evidence at all. I was banned from the forums and the game, mostly due to the fact that Ephialtes hates me.
    There is also a lot of flaming on the BL forums, and the community can get aggressive at times. It's very easy to get banned if you don't follow the rules carefully.
    Like I said before, the game is amazing, but the forums and players make it horrible, and ruin the good name of Blockland.
    If you want to be one of those idiots on the forums, go ahead and pay $20 for the game. You're not going to be able to exist there without being liked by the stupid community. I spent 2.5 years playing this, and I've experienced most of the negative aspects of the game.
  34. Sep 19, 2013
    One of the worst purchases I've ever made...
    One of the worst purchases I've ever made...
    Before I begin my review, I just want to point out that pretty much all the 10/10 scores are known names in the Blockland community; with a quick Google search you will find that almost every single last one of them is very active on the (quite awful) forum, and is probably inflating the game's Metacritic user score to help Badspot [developer] make more sales.
    I'll make this brief:
    The game is TWENTY DOLLARS aand...
    -Graphics look like complete for a 2007 game. Even for an indie game.
    -Once you build there really aren't any fun things to do with your stuff.
    You can always hold a deathmatch in them (with some boring weapons) but that gets very repetitive and boring very quickly.
    The extra minigames and gamemodes don't help at all because they are essentially the same thing as the default ones. You'll either end up doing the same deathmatch mode again in a different format or playing a watered down demake of a different, probably better, game.
    -There are NO physics in this game. That's right. You can't build moving structures OR weapons with your bricks. That means whatever you build in this game will forever be worthless.
    -The developer is an arrogant hack that calls off any criticism and refuses to fix any issues with his game, instead adding more worthless gimmicks and directionless additions to the game.
    -The community is awful. Being an online block game it should be expected that there are a lot of children who participate in the community, but these children are a special kind of awful. This game has some of the rudest, most disrespectful sociopaths I have ever met (and you will probably ever meet) on the Internet. Friendly criticism is looked very harshly upon, if not completely outlawed on the forum and even inside the game itself. Expect to be banned from the forum (or even the game!) if your opinion doesn't sit well with the general populace.
    CONCLUSION: You will grow bored of this game very quickly. Its problems don't help with that fact either. Save your money. Get Garry's Mod for $10. While its community also isn't too great, the core game allows for much, much more than Blockland does, and you'll still probably find a few respectful players as well. You'll more likely find something tailored to your interests in Garry's mod than Blockland. 2/10.
  35. Oct 3, 2014
    Blockland is a fun game. It really is. It makes up a large percentage of my childhood, and helped me waste many depressing hours of my teenage years. The concept is nice, the game is smooth, controls tight. In summary, the game is an average lego/garry's mod hybrid that can entertain anybody for 20 to 100 hours.

This is the game. The community, however, is a whole different story.

This is the game. The community, however, is a whole different story.

Quoting 75% of the user reviews, the community is an awful mess of stupidity and egotistical nonsense. I've been playing this game since 2007 and i've been banned six times so far. Even though i've contributed to the community by making add-ons and weapons of sorts, these people just find ways to put you down for their own amusement. This really ruins everything. Blockland is pretty much only fun in multiplayer mode, but with a community this bad, the game is ruined.

I would give Blockland a 10/10 IF it was a single player game. Unfortunately, it's not, so since half of the game is BS and nonsense, I would rate it 5/10. Although I love this game with all my heart, I cannot love the epitome of a douchebaggy community.
  36. Jul 10, 2013
    quality of the game went down significantly after maps were removed, but it's still always good to hop on every now and then. it's easy to join a game and just have some fun. it doesn't have a steep learning curve at all. the community is just a hostile circlejerk, but if you find some people to relate with it won't be bad.
  37. Dec 25, 2013
    It's actually not that fun. There isn't much you can do, and it gets boring right away. The community is horrible and think they're better than others, so thats why I think it's 0/10.
  38. Sep 12, 2014
    laggiest buggiest piece of youknowhat i have ever seen. all the reviews giving over 2 are makers and friends of makers. The controls are horrid, the voices are awful and i didn't seem to find anyway to build in multiplayer.
  39. Apr 22, 2016
    It pains me to give this game a low score, as the game itself is really good. The game is truly unique based on modding alone, you can really do some nice things here without needing to butcher the game. Most of my recent experience with the game was learning to mod the game, and making some nice projects! Even if you don't know how to code(the game uses torquescript) there is an ingameIt pains me to give this game a low score, as the game itself is really good. The game is truly unique based on modding alone, you can really do some nice things here without needing to butcher the game. Most of my recent experience with the game was learning to mod the game, and making some nice projects! Even if you don't know how to code(the game uses torquescript) there is an ingame "event system" where you can assign events to individual bricks to make them do things. 'Pseudocode' if you catch my drift.

However, after playing this game for years... I have to say everything this game has to offer has been exhausted. The community is not as large as it was when I started playing it as a kid back in 2008(give or take one year), modding is not as big or as encouraged as it was, the remaining community has a much more negative tone, is an echo chamber, and fun is no longer had or allowed. The game typically has 100 to 300 people online, with the higher numbers occuring during morning hours in the Americas.

Part of me wishes this game became grossly overexposed like minecraft has instead of what the game is now... Surely anything would be better than its current state. Just check out the official forums, there is a 'Drama' board dedicated to ruining the reputation of the innocent. There's even been instances of personal info being exposed and even swatting of one user(or possibly more I don't know about) who were just saying mean things online in a chatroom of a competitive video game server that might have hurt people's little feelings. What the heck. There's also some real bad 'superuser' hierarchy stuff going on, these users being barely known outside of the Blockland community. The developer has also banned people from his services for providing civilized constructive criticism.

Buy it only for the game, and only if you want to play with your group of friends, isolated from the remaining community. I cannot stress this enough! Interacting with the community could be dangerous and it is one of the reasons I left. I'm going to keep playing with my friends and probably experiment with modding when alone.

Just a slight warning: Apparently the mac port is nearly unplayable according to what people have told me. Don't take my word for it though, I'm not the one to go asking what's new with the game
  40. Nov 15, 2017
    I don't want to hate on the game too much but I feel like a little kid too much when playing this game. The difference between a game like this is minecraft is a huge difference. Minecraft offers enemies and an easy to pick up game. Blockland is just confusing and there is no overall goal. They make the pictures look amazing but that is only if you put countless hours into it. Most peopleI don't want to hate on the game too much but I feel like a little kid too much when playing this game. The difference between a game like this is minecraft is a huge difference. Minecraft offers enemies and an easy to pick up game. Blockland is just confusing and there is no overall goal. They make the pictures look amazing but that is only if you put countless hours into it. Most people who have a job don't have enough time to build all of this and it just makes the game boring Expand
  41. Sep 28, 2014
    An old but amazing game kept up to date with updates every now and then, I've been playing this game for just over 2 years now, the creation is limitless, with tons of user created add-ons and stunning builds makes the game so impressive. The forums may not be amazing, but there are just enough users to make it an 'everyone knows everyone' place, and it is easier to talk to the developersAn old but amazing game kept up to date with updates every now and then, I've been playing this game for just over 2 years now, the creation is limitless, with tons of user created add-ons and stunning builds makes the game so impressive. The forums may not be amazing, but there are just enough users to make it an 'everyone knows everyone' place, and it is easier to talk to the developers who are very comical people, until you get on the wrong side of them! Expand
  42. Dec 6, 2017
    Barely anyone plays this game anymore but it is still fun to race others in this game. The graphics are meant to look okay and the gameplay is fun and sometimes even funny. The controls are simple for playing but for building its hard unless you use a laptop without a mouse. 8/10 because it's fun.

There are no critic reviews yet.