7.3

1. Jul 29, 2014
    A fun puzzle game with a few unique mechanics that keep the game fresh until the very end. Not too easy, but not too difficult. Definitely one of the better puzzle games I've played.
  2. Nov 20, 2013
    How this game received ‘generally favourable’ reviews, I will never understand! It provides absolutely nothing but an annoying and dull experience… I have read some of the comments on the forum where people have said once you get past the first few hours you will come to enjoy it! Really no, I don’t want to waste my time doing that, the fundamental aim is to collect blocks and then useHow this game received ‘generally favourable’ reviews, I will never understand! It provides absolutely nothing but an annoying and dull experience… I have read some of the comments on the forum where people have said once you get past the first few hours you will come to enjoy it! Really no, I don’t want to waste my time doing that, the fundamental aim is to collect blocks and then use them again in a different area as a set of stairs or climbing apparatus… That for me is not enough to make an enjoyable puzzle game… I really try to find something good to say about a game, but for this I just really can’t! How this came to be in my collection I have absolutely no idea! Expand
  3. Sep 30, 2013
    A vey nice puzzle game with some platforming. Good visuals. The puzzles become quite challenging but doable by the end. The story wasn't taking itself seriously and didn't include sexy female parts or zombies for a change, I liked it!
  4. AWG
    Jun 21, 2013
    Blocks that Matter is a funny indipendent 2D platform game with all the benefits of the genre (longevity, cleverness, simplicity) and none of the cr*p of the average LOL-WE-SO-INDIE product.
    Bravo Swing Swing Submarine! Too bad your next game is going to be an iOS ripoff...
  5. Feb 1, 2013
    The gameplay is unique and great. Also, the look of the game, the funny music and the cute sound design work together really well. The only thing that I did not like was the story. It was ok for a teenager's minecraft-and-tetris-fan-story, but it wasn't a decent video game story.

Anyway I would recommend this game to anyone.
  6. Oct 7, 2012
    The unique blend of head-scratching puzzles, twitchy platformer and sweaty-palmed action works really well! The built-in level editor and online level browser is just a bonus to this excellent indie game. The light-hearted story, colourful graphics and memorable tunes really makes Blocks That Matter stand out from other indie games! Highly recommended!
  7. Mar 7, 2012
    This is a pretty basic, but fun little puzzle platformer. They've even thrown in a story and a couple upgrade elements to make it more interesting. The puzzles are quite challenging which makes it all the more rewarding.
  8. Jan 31, 2012
    I think I may have ADHD because I just could not get into this game. For those who extremely like puzzle games. I can only get into mainstream puzzle games like braid, or 3D puzzles like those found in HL2 mods.
  9. Jan 9, 2012
    Blocks That Matter is an excellent game, inspired by the two kings of block-based games: Alexey (the creator of Tetris) and Markus (the creator of Minecraft). The plot is as follows: Alexey and Markus are working on a secret project: a small robot capable of digging blocks. However, when they said "secret project", most people assumed it was a game. When no game is released, an angry fanBlocks That Matter is an excellent game, inspired by the two kings of block-based games: Alexey (the creator of Tetris) and Markus (the creator of Minecraft). The plot is as follows: Alexey and Markus are working on a secret project: a small robot capable of digging blocks. However, when they said "secret project", most people assumed it was a game. When no game is released, an angry fan sends some of his men to kidnap the game developpers so they can finish their game sooner. The problem: they have no game, just a robot. They decide to send their robot out to help them, however, the robot is not even in alpha. Thus, the robot has to upgrade itself if it wants to help its creators. The aesthetics are very colorful and pleasing to the eye, even if they are very simple. The game itself is a 2D puzzle-platformer with Minecraft-esque elements and tetranimoes. There are many types of blocks you can collect, each behaving like they do in minecraft (e.g. sand is affected by gravity, where as other blocks don't). Unlike Minecraft, though, you can't just place a block. In this game, you must arrange them into a Tetranimo before placing them. You can also eliminate a line of eight or more blocks to get them out of the way. These gameplay devices comes into play a lot. There are also "boss" levels, which require you to think fast. The platforming itself is smooth, and you will rarely find yourself mad because Tetrobot didn't respond quick enough. The humor in the game is also good, and you will often chuckle when Alexey and Markus reference each others games. There is also a level editor and a community level hub, so players can share their creations as well as play and rate levels made by other people, effectively adding an infinite amount of replay value. To sum it up, Blocks that matter is a great game with a simple but entertaining story, eye-pleasing aesthetics, fun and unique gameplay, smooth controls, humor and a level editor, and it's very cheap too (five dollars on Steam). I highly recommend buying this game, even if you don't particularly like Minecraft OR Tetris. Expand
  10. Jan 9, 2012
    Blocks That Matter is a puzzle game with some platforming involved. The Adventure Mode has about 40 levels total, and there are also about 20 optional bonus levels to be unlocked as you collect hard to reach blocks locked in chests through each area. You are also given access to several bonus levels that have tie-ins to other games that were included in the same Humble Bundle that mustBlocks That Matter is a puzzle game with some platforming involved. The Adventure Mode has about 40 levels total, and there are also about 20 optional bonus levels to be unlocked as you collect hard to reach blocks locked in chests through each area. You are also given access to several bonus levels that have tie-ins to other games that were included in the same Humble Bundle that must also be unlocked. If all of those levels were not enough, you also have access to numerous player-made levels that are available for download in-game. The artwork is cute and interesting to look at, but is not rich with much animation. The main character is a small robot by the name of Tetrabot, and it looks very much like a little clothes washing machine. The puzzles aren't too complicated, but I do find myself restarting each level many times in order to get them right. Especially the last ten or so levels are quite difficult and will require your focused thoughts and attention to hit upon a solution. Your goal is to manipulate blocks in the environment in order to gain passage to other sections of the levels and to exit through portals. The music is very good, and of the ambient chiptune genre. This is a relaxing game, and even its storyline is cute and fun. The chests (containing video game history trivia blocks) scattered throughout each level are mostly very difficult to reach, but they are not required to proceed. The premise of the game is very creative and does not resort to cheap gimmicks or pretentiousness to accomplish its goals. All puzzles are intuitive and logical, challenging the player in the most adequate of ways. Some levels are significantly more difficult than the majority, and you will retry many, many times, until you are able to pass it, but this does not subtract from the overall quality and enjoyment of the game. For completists, there are dozens of hours to be spent with Blocks That Matter, with all the additional content made available as bonuses and for free. The ending was adorable and continued to showcase the artists' distinguished style. Even for someone such as myself, who does not enjoy puzzles as a whole, appreciated, rejoiced, and experienced hours of entertainment from this puzzle platformer gem. It took me about 9 hours to complete the Adventure Mode. Expand
  11. Dec 4, 2011
    This is a fun game while it lasts. The levels are surprisingly well though out (And there are plenty of them), there is a level editor which is easy to use to keep the community thriving and it was some replayability. As you progress through the levels you can collect "Blocks That Matter" and Stars. Earning these on the 40 main story levels will unlock you Bonus Levels which are even moreThis is a fun game while it lasts. The levels are surprisingly well though out (And there are plenty of them), there is a level editor which is easy to use to keep the community thriving and it was some replayability. As you progress through the levels you can collect "Blocks That Matter" and Stars. Earning these on the 40 main story levels will unlock you Bonus Levels which are even more intriguing than the normal levels. I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out the bonus levels and they are really fun to play. Free updates have been coming for the game as well. The controls are pretty good but sometime act a little buggy. Over all though it is a fun game, worth a look for the minimal price they ask. Expand
  12. Nov 7, 2011
    They have actually finally translated crack cocaine to the small screen with this wonder. I never thought I would be so captivated by a 2D puzzler in my life. Superb job!
  13. Oct 9, 2011
    A work of art. A fun spin on the normally boring and stereotypical 2D-Puzzle genre. One of the best games I have seen, and definitely the best 2D Puzzler for a while.
  14. Oct 1, 2011
    Blocks That Matter is a great game with a fun twist on the puzzle genre. There is a great learning curve where the puzzles get harder as you progress.
    The soundtrack is short, but doesn't feel repetitive, and it matches the universe and story perfectly.
    The story and humor is a little lame and childish in my opinion, but in a way that oddly matches the universe and gameplay too. The
    The replayability for this game is also incredible. The story took me about 6 hours to beat and still had as much fun when I went back to get the "blocks that matter". Then there still are the bonus stages (which are incredibly hard) and the level-editor + user-generated content which they have made with the level-editor.
    All in all this is a fantastic game, that no puzzle-fan should miss, especially not when they are practically giving it away for almost no money at all!
  15. Sep 24, 2011
    A cleverly designed puzzle game that doesn't rush the player to make logical decisions. The game will make sure that you understand the mechanics so that you can approach each situation and have a good idea as to what will happen when you make a move. I'm not that keen on the twitch gameplay of being rushed by giant bosses on the few occasions they appear, but I got through it without muchA cleverly designed puzzle game that doesn't rush the player to make logical decisions. The game will make sure that you understand the mechanics so that you can approach each situation and have a good idea as to what will happen when you make a move. I'm not that keen on the twitch gameplay of being rushed by giant bosses on the few occasions they appear, but I got through it without much trouble. The levels aren't that big, so it isn't that annoying if you have to start again after making a mistake. It lasts around 6-7 hours, which is good value for its cost. This game hasn't sold very well, unlike Braid and Portal, so you should support the developers who have crafted this great game. Expand
  16. TTT
    Aug 29, 2011
    In addition, however, the beautiful work of two creators who have really put â
  17. Nov 7, 2011

What seems boring is actually a very challenging puzzle game that will make you boil in fury as well as cheer in excitement. [Issue#245]
  2. Sep 15, 2014
    Taking price–entertainment ratio into account, this was already an ace game three years ago. But even today, Blocks That Matter are able to teach other puzzle platformer games how can one mix addictive gameplay out of simple formulas, that have been used in many ways though.
  3. Oct 31, 2011