6.2

1. Feb 12, 2013
    I can't believe there isn't a single negative review yet.

Cyanide have released the same game at full price 3 times now and it is still a buggy version of someone else's game. Dated graphics, annoying commentary, poor interface, frequent bugs (try substituting a player when setting up your formation) some poor design choices such as white text on white snowy fields, rigged dice
    I can't believe there isn't a single negative review yet.

Dated graphics, annoying commentary, poor interface, frequent bugs (try substituting a player when setting up your formation) some poor design choices such as white text on white snowy fields, rigged dice rolling to compensate for bad AI (I am not an expert blood bowl player but the computer seems to do really pointless moves requiring loads of dice rolls as the first thing it does frequently).

I guess the main problem is it feels like a beta freeware adaptation of a board game, but it is the 3rd full release of the same thing.

It is more enjoyable than 0/10, probably 6/10, but that is because of the underlying board game. The 1s and 0s you are paying for suck.
  2. Sep 6, 2013
    i bought this game after doing some Research and i thought i might be good since i have seen it played on table top and i like some Turn base games but i must say this is the worst game i have ever paid for, the AI is shockingly so bad that they do the same moves over and over eg when they have the ball the AI tries to Surround the player with all the rest of the team so u can get neari bought this game after doing some Research and i thought i might be good since i have seen it played on table top and i like some Turn base games but i must say this is the worst game i have ever paid for, the AI is shockingly so bad that they do the same moves over and over eg when they have the ball the AI tries to Surround the player with all the rest of the team so u can get near him all the time,

The Dice roll is also on the AI side, it is so one sided that your lucky to get a Decent rolls, I had 5 turn overs in a row because i tried to pick up the ball this is how 1 sided this game is towards the AI. in which i end up loosing a touch down because the AI ran down the picked up the ball first time and ran down the pitch. SHOCKING Game if i could get my money back i would.

I lost all the funds i had for Training because i said YES i want to transfer my petty cash to my Training account WTF ok so i give the other team all your money if u want to transfer it to training funds ..eh? where does it say "oh by the way if u press yes we might just give the money to the other team. I tried to redo this 12 times and ONLY when i press NO once did i get some money from other team. they there is the Training. i trained a player only for it to Fail 17 Times, This game has so many AI bugs and Unfair rolls it Ruins the enjoyment which i did get for about 5 min untill i noticed how bad the AI and Rolls was. I agree totally with EliteEvil and wish i had listened to his Comment but normally u would this well 1 out of 6 isnt to bad. Utter waste of money i am glad i only paid £5 for this or i would be Fuming
  3. Sep 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The original "Bloodbowl" was a Amiga Game back in the 90is. Compared to the possibilities the developers have today i really have to say that they really didn`t do anything out of that great game idea.

Just bought it on steam and was eager to get into it. But now after 15 hours played i will erase it. The real time gameplay would be my preferred way of gaming (closer to the original Amiga Version), but after 2-4 Games it always crashes. in this Version you get far too many injuries in every game (i took difficulty normal). maybe it would cost more time to get into the game to know how to avoid this but with all the bugs i don`t wan`t to invest more time.

The "Classic" Version is too boring for me and i senced that it often mainley came to to what the dices said, so mainly luck was the desicive factor.

The Idea of building up your own Team being able to Name them, choose colour and stuff is nice, but they could have done that much better in my opinion. Maybe a Stadium to build, better and easyer Menu and gameplay.

- 2 ways of Playing Real time or Round based
    - they kept the idea of the original
    - ingame Grafics ok

- unhandy Gameplay
    - to complicated attributes of the players, compared to the functionality of the game in general it`s in no balance
    - same with the different races (would be nice if the Game would offer more possibilities)
    - crashed several times
    - Menu Grafics are absolutely poor

overall i would`t buy it again. Rather spend the time installing an Amiga emulator and trying to get the original.
    Cheers
  4. Sep 15, 2013
    An amazing board game spoiled by an AI that offers ZERO challenge to anyone who has the mental capacity to read the manual. Same as the previous versions...
  5. Feb 7, 2014
    I was so appalled at this game it actually inspired me to created a Metacritic account JUST to review this game.

I played Blood Bowl:Chaos for about 20 hours before getting so furious at the lack of diversity in teams that I had to uninstall the game. If feels like 80% of the characters on every team have an agility of 3 or higher which results in every team playing the same strategy.. over .. and over .. and over. The statistics on each race mean next-to-nothing because all the elf teams have a similar strength and armor stat as the dwarf teams. All the undead have the same movement as the halflings.

It honestly feels like the Cyanide couldn't be bothered creating an asymmetric feel to the team choice because it was either too hard to balance or because they didn't want to force a player to think too hard.

This was sincerely the worse game I've played in the last decade. It felt like someone was using my hands to hit my own head.. for 20 hours. Blood Bowl:Chaos is the second, and last, Cyanide game that I will purchase.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Oct 18, 2012
    Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition is the latest revision for the electronic adaptation of this popular board game, and it's certainly the most faithful and accomplished to date. It comes with 3 new races and teams, stadiums and a World Cup game mode, while keeping all other features intact. This game is perfect for those who love this sport as brutal fun, or even for those who want to learn it.