6.0

1. Nov 20, 2013
    Much as I want to love this game, I am a huge fan of the board game and a massive fan of the Warhammer universe, the game tries so hard to make you hate it.

The game itself is extremely faithful to the actual TT game, for that, I can't fault it. Nor can I fault the graphics, which are very nice for the style of game. The only fault I have with it infact, is one that ruins the entire

The only fault I have with it infact, is one that ruins the entire game. The dice roller. I have never been particularly lucky in gaming... But this game takes all your bad luck and rolls it into one sitting.

An example or two of this, is when I charged a rat ogre backed up by three other Skaven, into a single, lone goblin. This should have been overkill, but I figured what the hell... Only to roll 3 skulls. I clicked re-roll, low and behold, a further 3 skulls. The goblin then went on to get through my armour and kill the rat ogre. The apothecary re-rolls and gets dead again.

I could forgive it once, but it happens all the time. Another frequent issue is the 'Go for it' checks... These are, as any veteran of the game would know, a 2+ basic. -1 for each opponent nearby. I have made 9-10 checks in games with gutter runners who can re-roll 1s, only to fail each and every time on both attempts, maybe passing once in a game. The opponent will then try and pass every time.

Then there's leaving tacklezones... Frequently you find your own nimble types get floored trying to leave a zone, but their heavy hitters and monsters always escape even when surrounded...

It's for these reasons and more that I cannot give this a higher score... It's really only one problem, but when that one problem encompasses everything about the game, it kind of makes it hard to play the game without almost breaking your keyboard each game.
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    7 points for being a good conversion of tabletob game. Problems that bug the tabletop are present in this one too. No matter how skilled you are in this game, it still comes down to luck what happens. Having a good tactics do help, but it won't help you to win. Too many die rolls will make sure that luck will be the main factor in the game. So bad players and good players will be on equal7 points for being a good conversion of tabletob game. Problems that bug the tabletop are present in this one too. No matter how skilled you are in this game, it still comes down to luck what happens. Having a good tactics do help, but it won't help you to win. Too many die rolls will make sure that luck will be the main factor in the game. So bad players and good players will be on equal ground in this.
    Even then, I would recommend getting this game and pray for the dice god for luck.
  3. Feb 9, 2013
    I like this game, but my enjoyment was ruined by everyone who told me about this game. I was told many things, like "Fan Factor Doesn't Matter" "halflings are terrible" and many other things. Well fan factor matters if you don't want half your team downed, and halfling ents are painful.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Oct 18, 2012
    Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition is the latest revision for the electronic adaptation of this popular board game, and it's certainly the most faithful and accomplished to date. It comes with 3 new races and teams, stadiums and a World Cup game mode, while keeping all other features intact. This game is perfect for those who love this sport as brutal fun, or even for those who want to learn it.