6.0

1. Mar 23, 2015
    This game was such an enraging disappointment, I had played the original and loved it, but the ai cheatfest going on here is just stupid. By my count the ai gets about 3 KOs for every one you get, this game is only for masochists, not gamers.
  2. Oct 23, 2014
    Bloodbowl is a hardcore game, for those who like table role playing games. It is the table game played in the computer, the same rules, with dices, and nearly all the races that are in the table version. I played a long campaign with the dark elves, and then started playing online. I really like the online part. The game is very strategic and addictive.

The con is the graphics, that are

The con is the graphics, that are outdated and the interface, that is not the better. Also add the learning curve that can be hard.

My conclusion, if you like chess, RPG, or warhammer, it is your game.
  3. Feb 7, 2014
    I was so appalled at this game it actually inspired me to created a Metacritic account JUST to review this game.

I played Blood Bowl:Chaos for about 20 hours before getting so furious at the lack of diversity in teams that I had to uninstall the game. If feels like 80% of the characters on every team have an agility of 3 or higher which results in every team playing the same strategy.. over .. and over .. and over. The statistics on each race mean next-to-nothing because all the elf teams have a similar strength and armor stat as the dwarf teams. All the undead have the same movement as the halflings.

It honestly feels like the Cyanide couldn't be bothered creating an asymmetric feel to the team choice because it was either too hard to balance or because they didn't want to force a player to think too hard.

This was sincerely the worse game I've played in the last decade. It felt like someone was using my hands to hit my own head.. for 20 hours. Blood Bowl:Chaos is the second, and last, Cyanide game that I will purchase.
  4. Nov 20, 2013
    Much as I want to love this game, I am a huge fan of the board game and a massive fan of the Warhammer universe, the game tries so hard to make you hate it.

The game itself is extremely faithful to the actual TT game, for that, I can't fault it. Nor can I fault the graphics, which are very nice for the style of game. The only fault I have with it infact, is one that ruins the entire

The only fault I have with it infact, is one that ruins the entire game. The dice roller. I have never been particularly lucky in gaming... But this game takes all your bad luck and rolls it into one sitting.

An example or two of this, is when I charged a rat ogre backed up by three other Skaven, into a single, lone goblin. This should have been overkill, but I figured what the hell... Only to roll 3 skulls. I clicked re-roll, low and behold, a further 3 skulls. The goblin then went on to get through my armour and kill the rat ogre. The apothecary re-rolls and gets dead again.

I could forgive it once, but it happens all the time. Another frequent issue is the 'Go for it' checks... These are, as any veteran of the game would know, a 2+ basic. -1 for each opponent nearby. I have made 9-10 checks in games with gutter runners who can re-roll 1s, only to fail each and every time on both attempts, maybe passing once in a game. The opponent will then try and pass every time.

Then there's leaving tacklezones... Frequently you find your own nimble types get floored trying to leave a zone, but their heavy hitters and monsters always escape even when surrounded...

It's for these reasons and more that I cannot give this a higher score... It's really only one problem, but when that one problem encompasses everything about the game, it kind of makes it hard to play the game without almost breaking your keyboard each game.
  5. Sep 15, 2013
    An amazing board game spoiled by an AI that offers ZERO challenge to anyone who has the mental capacity to read the manual. Same as the previous versions...
  6. Sep 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The original "Bloodbowl" was a Amiga Game back in the 90is. Compared to the possibilities the developers have today i really have to say that they really didn`t do anything out of that great game idea.

Just bought it on steam and was eager to get into it. But now after 15 hours played i will erase it. The real time gameplay would be my preferred way of gaming (closer to the original Amiga Version), but after 2-4 Games it always crashes. in this Version you get far too many injuries in every game (i took difficulty normal). maybe it would cost more time to get into the game to know how to avoid this but with all the bugs i don`t wan`t to invest more time.

The "Classic" Version is too boring for me and i senced that it often mainley came to to what the dices said, so mainly luck was the desicive factor.

The Idea of building up your own Team being able to Name them, choose colour and stuff is nice, but they could have done that much better in my opinion. Maybe a Stadium to build, better and easyer Menu and gameplay.

- 2 ways of Playing Real time or Round based
    - they kept the idea of the original
    - ingame Grafics ok

- unhandy Gameplay
    - to complicated attributes of the players, compared to the functionality of the game in general it`s in no balance
    - same with the different races (would be nice if the Game would offer more possibilities)
    - crashed several times
    - Menu Grafics are absolutely poor

overall i would`t buy it again. Rather spend the time installing an Amiga emulator and trying to get the original.
    Cheers
  7. Sep 6, 2013
    i bought this game after doing some Research and i thought i might be good since i have seen it played on table top and i like some Turn base games but i must say this is the worst game i have ever paid for, the AI is shockingly so bad that they do the same moves over and over eg when they have the ball the AI tries to Surround the player with all the rest of the team so u can get neari bought this game after doing some Research and i thought i might be good since i have seen it played on table top and i like some Turn base games but i must say this is the worst game i have ever paid for, the AI is shockingly so bad that they do the same moves over and over eg when they have the ball the AI tries to Surround the player with all the rest of the team so u can get near him all the time,

The Dice roll is also on the AI side, it is so one sided that your lucky to get a Decent rolls, I had 5 turn overs in a row because i tried to pick up the ball this is how 1 sided this game is towards the AI. in which i end up loosing a touch down because the AI ran down the picked up the ball first time and ran down the pitch. SHOCKING Game if i could get my money back i would.

I lost all the funds i had for Training because i said YES i want to transfer my petty cash to my Training account WTF ok so i give the other team all your money if u want to transfer it to training funds ..eh? where does it say "oh by the way if u press yes we might just give the money to the other team. I tried to redo this 12 times and ONLY when i press NO once did i get some money from other team. they there is the Training. i trained a player only for it to Fail 17 Times, This game has so many AI bugs and Unfair rolls it Ruins the enjoyment which i did get for about 5 min untill i noticed how bad the AI and Rolls was. I agree totally with EliteEvil and wish i had listened to his Comment but normally u would this well 1 out of 6 isnt to bad. Utter waste of money i am glad i only paid £5 for this or i would be Fuming
  8. Apr 26, 2013
    First of all, I want to note that I'm not a veteran when it comes to turn-based games, the only one I actually loved was Heroes 3 and that's certainly not even close to what Blood Bowl is. I don't really like luck-based and dice-based games, but this one is definitely an exception. Yes, it can be really frustrating at times, some people probably flipped a desk or two, but winning a game isFirst of all, I want to note that I'm not a veteran when it comes to turn-based games, the only one I actually loved was Heroes 3 and that's certainly not even close to what Blood Bowl is. I don't really like luck-based and dice-based games, but this one is definitely an exception. Yes, it can be really frustrating at times, some people probably flipped a desk or two, but winning a game is so satisfying! I like the graphics style, the mechanics and the community. However, this sure is far from a perfect game. It suffers from numerous bugs and the fact that you can lose even if you're doing NOTHING wrong, which I really don't like. But hey, it's a dice-based game so you should know what you're getting into. Overall, good fun, some frustrating moments, but the game is worth it's price even if you haven't played anything like Blood Bowl before. 8/10. Expand
  9. Apr 14, 2013
    Blood Bowl Chaos Edition apporte finalement peu de nouveautés. Avec sa copieuse fournée de modes, le jeu se plie toutes les envies du petit match simple pour passer le temps un véritable championnat, long et difficile. Le jeu est excellent et complet.
  10. Apr 3, 2013
    7 points for being a good conversion of tabletob game. Problems that bug the tabletop are present in this one too. No matter how skilled you are in this game, it still comes down to luck what happens. Having a good tactics do help, but it won't help you to win. Too many die rolls will make sure that luck will be the main factor in the game. So bad players and good players will be on equal7 points for being a good conversion of tabletob game. Problems that bug the tabletop are present in this one too. No matter how skilled you are in this game, it still comes down to luck what happens. Having a good tactics do help, but it won't help you to win. Too many die rolls will make sure that luck will be the main factor in the game. So bad players and good players will be on equal ground in this.
    Even then, I would recommend getting this game and pray for the dice god for luck.
  11. Mar 23, 2013
    Well it is surprisingly fun once you've learned the rules and there is a ton of it. The game is diced based so expect a lot of frustrating moments when your strategy doesn't pay off because of a row of bad rolls but in the end winning is really rewarding.
  12. Feb 12, 2013
    I can't believe there isn't a single negative review yet.

Cyanide have released the same game at full price 3 times now and it is still a buggy version of someone else's game. Dated graphics, annoying commentary, poor interface, frequent bugs (try substituting a player when setting up your formation) some poor design choices such as white text on white snowy fields, rigged dice
    I can't believe there isn't a single negative review yet.

Dated graphics, annoying commentary, poor interface, frequent bugs (try substituting a player when setting up your formation) some poor design choices such as white text on white snowy fields, rigged dice rolling to compensate for bad AI (I am not an expert blood bowl player but the computer seems to do really pointless moves requiring loads of dice rolls as the first thing it does frequently).

I guess the main problem is it feels like a beta freeware adaptation of a board game, but it is the 3rd full release of the same thing.

It is more enjoyable than 0/10, probably 6/10, but that is because of the underlying board game. The 1s and 0s you are paying for suck.
  13. Feb 9, 2013
    I like this game, but my enjoyment was ruined by everyone who told me about this game. I was told many things, like "Fan Factor Doesn't Matter" "halflings are terrible" and many other things. Well fan factor matters if you don't want half your team downed, and halfling ents are painful.
  14. Feb 2, 2013
    Blood Bowl is a very deep game, it will take time to learn but you can play this for ages and still have fun. I am not giving 10 to the game because the AI is too stupid (-1 point), so you have to play multi, that is fine but there is not an async mode (-1 point).
  15. Feb 2, 2013
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Oct 18, 2012
    Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition is the latest revision for the electronic adaptation of this popular board game, and it's certainly the most faithful and accomplished to date. It comes with 3 new races and teams, stadiums and a World Cup game mode, while keeping all other features intact. This game is perfect for those who love this sport as brutal fun, or even for those who want to learn it.