6.3

1. Apr 8, 2011
    In short: Broken. At least it was for me. My team could not hold on to the goddamn ball to save their life. In fact, none of my abilities seem to work at all for my team, but freaking ALWAYS for my opponents. I don't know if it'll be a problem for you, but remember you received fair warning.
  2. Oct 25, 2011
    Nonsense results of dices, bad and repetitive IA, awful camera controls, confused menus, very bad random dices, lot of bugs. A complete disappointment if you like the board game.I have tried several times but seriously play is very hard when you're entire game without taking the ball from the ground.
  3. Apr 9, 2011
    TheangryOne speaks the truth to this game. I feel like it has such potential, but I get stomped every game. My players drop the ball, get clobbered by the other team, and get completely rolled by the other team. Whereas my players don't do anything, the other teams abilities seem to ALWAYS work. Literally like every time. It is so one sided that it really does feel like it is bugged.

I
    read some strategy guides and game information online, but it didn't really give much insight. The community itself just states things like "this is an adaptation from a tabletop game, and tabletop gamers are just smarter than computer games."

I really wanted to like this game; as I have been a huge fan of Games Workshop games...even having been a tabletop gamer myself back in the day. Unfortunately the game is literally impossible to play and be able to even put up a fight against the easy AI.
  4. Oct 2, 2011
    I tried for a long time to think of a game that was worse than this, I couldn't do it. I can picture a game in this universe being done well, but this one isn't. This developer, Cyanide Studios, are the ones also responsible for taking the incredible George RR Martin Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones universe and making a poorly done strategy game out of it (Genesis), a game that is a disgrace to both the author of the books and the HBO series.

Short story: Avoid this awful joke of a game, as well as any current and future Cyanide Studios games.
  5. Nov 29, 2011
    This game is broken and you will be wasting your money buying this, please ignore the shills who gave it a good review. I bought this game on a steam sale so the game should have been patched by now if ever, but it is buggy to the point where the game will usually crash or at least the ai will stop responding during at least every other game played in RTS mode. The basic premise is simple: Pick a race, buy players of various race specific classes according to predetermined max numbers (you do not get to decide what kind of players should be on your team), join a league, play games, win, and advance to harder leagues and repeat. The game has pretty graphics that you will only see during the frequent replays as the camera is locked in top-down mode. The game features 2 broadcasters who keep yelling the same 10 lines over and over nonstop. The gameplay itself during a match can either be turn based or in real time. Regardless of which you pick it is heavily dependent on luck for everything that happens. In the turn based mode you get to make 10 turns and then the game is over, so it is hard to do more than, say, 2-3 goals during a match if the game doesn't crash before then. In Real time however your ability to give orders is lower, and the AI needs some major micro management as path finding is non-existant. I have actually never been able to complete a real time game as my players will just randomly stop responding to my orders and instead stupidly stand still and keep doing what they were doing for all eternity, but if I had been able to a typical score would probably include 5-20 goals.
    The game has a theme of violence, so I was quite disappointed that for the most part players just keep pushing eachother around or get knocked out. Players do get hurt or die on occasion, but you wouldn't know it from the animations. All in all I think that this game could deserve an honest 5/10 as it is mildly amusing, but because it is unplayable I advice everyone to avoid this trash.
  6. Dec 14, 2012
    This game is the worst game out there and for $20 dollars + expansions! WHAT? this game should be in the 5 dollar bin. Absolutely no skill required AT ALL.
    The random rolling is far from random, you will find 1 of 2 scenarios while playing (1. you roll disgustingly amazing and decimate the enemy or 2. you get utterly DESTROYED by not being able to roll a 2+. THERE ARE MUCH BETTER GAMES IN
    THE GENRE for cheaper.
    STRONGLY AVOID

Constantly rolling double 1's or 3 attacker downs then reroll and get ANOTHER 3 attacker downs.
    This game is meant for 3-6 year olds that are just getting into gaming. Most of the game is broken, bonus' not applying to limit the amount of failures etc etc.
  7. Oct 18, 2013
    Bad footbal simulator. Madden is far better. Has bad graphics, bad gameplay, bad responsiveness, bad menus, and is just absolutely awful as a game overall.

American football without the Americans but with a lot of fantasy characters. It's not exactly the simplest game in the world but if you try it you'll have hours of fun. [Issue#200]
  2. Feb 2, 2011