6.3

1. Oct 4, 2011
    Deep strategy and a heavy tome full of rules are involved in Blood Bowl. The mechanics are as close as they can get to the original Tabletop rules, so veterans will feel right at home.
    Don't buy it if you expect quick action, though, as turn-based games usually don't provide that type of fun
  2. Apr 10, 2011
    I love this game. It's a great version of the board game. All the teams are there and all the rules are there, so I am really happy with it. I saw that others rated this game bad for not being able to win and have to say: yes, Blood Bowl is kinda hard. It has a certain lerning curve. But if you're willing to spend some time and learn the game it is very rewarding, especially in multiplayer. My rating is given since I already liked the board game and consider this a very good and faithful computer game conversion. Expand
  3. Jun 23, 2011
    This game is absolutely great. I've been playing the campaign (turn-based) for 50 hours and yet the game feels 'new'.

There are a lot of races to choose from and play against and they do feel different; Every race have their own strengths and weaknesses. Wan't to beat your enemies - take orcs. Wan't to outrun them? Take skaven. Wan't to bypass them by throwing the ball around - choose
    elves etc. Players gain experience and new stats and skills from matches. Chaos teams also get mutations. You as manager can also equip players with better armor. There is a huge roleplaying aspect that is done very well. But it's not just going up. Your player can also suddenly die on te game pit.

Animations are very well done and as for the sounds I especially love the commentators remarks, which vary with the teams on the field.

The UI is well done and everything work as I as a new player would think.

The AI still seems very intelligent. Every match is a challenge, and I think that as the campaign progresses the AI becomes more intelligent? For example at first I didn't notice much of a passing game from AI, but later on you really have to watch those throwers and catchers.

Only negative is that the game rules are not explained within game. So at first it might be hard to win matches.

I think it is not good that many people here give 0, based on that they dont know how to play the game! "I get stomped on every game" should be a positive sign in terms of game AI.
  4. Aug 22, 2011
    A solid and sensible recreation of the Games Workshop Boardgame, but without the hassle of having to roll dice and count tackle zones or measure distances yourself. For those of us who never had the patience to paint our models it is a perfect fix.

That being said, there are a couple of oddities and flaws. Internet play in the large leagues is cumbersome and feels like 1998. However if
    you wish to set up a league with friends, or just play 1 on 1, it is perfect for creating an arena for bragging rights.

In an era where RTS/FPS/RPG are dominant, this is an excellent turn based game which reminds us of how a steady game with time for more considered thought can be a great pleasure. It isn't perfect, but it is very good and an excellent way to spend time with friends.
  5. Nov 22, 2011
    Great and very faithful implementation of the Blood Bowl rules, though as you would expect with a game of this sort on-line multiplayer is where the game shine, the AI (as usual) simply can't keep up with a human mind.
  6. Nov 29, 2011
    I am just giving this 10 because it seems like most the people who gave it low scores did not understand the game rules and would likely buy a game like Battlefield 3 for the single player experience. It is solid turn based RPG / strategy / football game, with a deep learning curve that isn't for those who had trouble reading in school. There is no real time play like there is no single player in Battlefield 3 worth mentioning. The rule book is given to you, but it isn't read aloud to you. You have the internet research what you are buying before you buy it rate reasonably. 8 out of 10. Expand
  7. Nov 28, 2012
    For Warhammer fans and for openminded people,
    I really liked it. It is fun and comical sometimes even.
    I keep coming back to this title every so often to try out another team.
    One of my favourites.
  8. Apr 22, 2012
    Para quien sepa jugar al juego de mesa esto le va a encantar, le faltan detalles pero es indispensable para los amantes de los juegos de tablero. A veces las tiradas no parecen aleatorias y tienden a favorecer a quien llevar varios partidos perdidos o quien va perdiendo el partido, también estaría bien poder tener más opciones de tiempo para elegir.
  9. Dec 27, 2012
    A great version of a great game. Unlike most games people are used to playing nowadays, Blood Bowl never was nor will it ever will be an "easy game to learn, difficult to master." It's a bloody difficult game to get the hang of and you'll never "master" it because there's always going to be some wanker who is better than you. Unless you fully understand the rules and how the dice work, you'll get frustrated and rage about how terrible the game is in just a few turns. After playing two games it became patently obvious that most of the low reviews were from people who have never played the tabletop version because if you had, you would understand how frustrating a game of Blood Bowl can be. The RNG is not broken, you just think it is because you've never had the experience of rolling eight 1s in a row in real life! If you are having trouble "getting it," there are PLENTY of sites with great advice all over the internet. Avail yourself of their wisdom. The only thing I found lacking was the repetitive commentary. It's one thing to have the same stock sayings about action on the pitch, but I really don't need to hear how Bob wants to check out the "elf cutie" selling pies four or five times during one match. As I type this, I can't wait to get home and play another game or two before dinner. Expand
  10. Jun 23, 2011

The UI is well done and everything work as I as a new player would think.

American football without the Americans but with a lot of fantasy characters. It's not exactly the simplest game in the world but if you try it you'll have hours of fun. [Issue#200]
  2. Feb 2, 2011