- Summary: Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition is the ultimate Blood Bowl edition! 12 new playable races join the 8 races already available in the 2009 edition. Thus, Blood Bowl fans will find all their favorite races from the original board game. Undeads, Amazons, Ogres and 9 other races enter Blood Bowl's tournaments. All 20 races have their personal style, tactics and unique skills which give each game a diversity rarely seen in a strategy game.… Expand
Nov 12, 201083A fine turn-based digital version of a superb board game that, despite some bugs and AI issues, is a blast to play. Rules take some effort to learn but they provide a wide set of strategic options, ensuring endless hours of entertainment in online leagues. Shame that the owners of the first Blood Bowl are left out with incompatible multiplayer across editions.
Deep strategy and a heavy tome full of rules are involved in Blood Bowl. The mechanics are as close as they can get to the original Tabletop rules, so veterans will feel right at home.
Don't buy it if you expect quick action, though, as turn-based games usually don't provide that type of fun… Expand
8As a long time gamer, QA and Warhammer fan. I must defend this game.
While not going overboard the game is damn good and it punishes you buy killing your players, so if your the kind a guy that tries to make something work flawlessly don't play it. It's true, your players will die, stumble and drop the ball ruining your perfect plan and will occasionally lose a limb or two or die a gruesome death at the hands of something way bigger or a spell.
Also quick note: I hate the real time, this is a boardgame... Real time sucks in and doesn't work at all. For me at least.
But defending all the irrelevant points made up till now, I'll just quote some of the horrible and unfair reviews here and respond for you people as to reveal facts. The choice is still yours:
1) "My team could not hold on to the goddamn ball to save their life. In fact, none of my abilities seem to work at all for my team, but freaking ALWAYS for my opponents."
My take: This game's tutorial is out right bad (this is a really bad point), why it lost 2 points in my book. But this is a boardgame. You need to read the manual, you need to understand what affects your players, when, why and how. If your going to try to pass a ball while your hugged by an enemy player, throw it long distance, to a team mate how is not heavy on "Agility" and is also next to a opposing player and you have another player attempting to intercept your pass... SPOILER: It's gonna FAIL!... Read the rules, understand the game. WIN!
2) "I feel like it has such potential, but I get stomped every game. My players drop the ball, get clobbered by the other team, and get completely rolled by the other team. Whereas my players don't do anything, the other teams abilities seem to ALWAYS work."
My take: See 1, and also I have to go through how many times, I just happen to fail a dodge and drop the ball, only for my opponent next turn just failing at picking the ball up and letting me go for the counter tocuh-down. Or how they're "ogre class" player just fails to move because of the "really dumb trait" and basically costs them the mid-field fight. It equally happens to you and the enemy.
3) "Nonsense results of dices, bad and repetitive IA, awful camera controls, confused menus, very bad random dices, lot of bugs."
My take: In the same order. Whats nonsense about it ?!. maybe...but he also states as the previous that you cannot win if your life depended on it. I just can't see it or why you would want to move the camera around. pretty straight forward unless your playing on another language you don't know. Oooooh, I see nonsense = random...well who would've expected ...dices that are random...I'm sorry but I can't keep a straight face at that.
4) "This developer, Cyanide Studios, are the ones also responsible for taking the incredible George RR Martin Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones universe and making a poorly done strategy game out of it"
My take: I don't see the words: "blood","bowl" or "warhammer" there. I'm sorry, personal vendettas are not welcomed here.
Well those where my 2 cents. A good game, definitely if you get it on sale. I won't bother with the last of the list since. This game has not crashed once, you can only get a limited amount of players because of BALANCE issues, so you can't spam a team of "ogre class" players, because it is a remake of the boardgame to the letter.… Expand
Blood Bowl: LE seems to take a perverse pleasure in kicking me in the balls whenever I play it... which is in keeping with its nature, I guess. I could play a game as the orks' best team against the worst halfling team, and I'd always miss tackles and wind up breaking my guys neck, while the halflings basically made all their tackles, catches and interceptions. Something is definitely up with the RNG, and it's not Nuffle. I'm not a fan of real life football and I've never played BB tabletop, but the game has some promise if you're a masochist.… Expand
3Nonsense results of dices, bad and repetitive IA, awful camera controls, confused menus, very bad random dices, lot of bugs. A complete disappointment if you like the board game.I have tried several times but seriously play is very hard when you're entire game without taking the ball from the ground.… Expand
- By user score