8.0

1. Nov 1, 2013
    Blood of the Werewolf is not easy, but there's a great sense of accomplishment as you beat each level and boss. Really fun indie game, great sense of style, really interesting level design (some of the earlier enemies and areas are a bit repetitive), but hope they do more with this game and brand. Also, what the heck is Midnight City and why is their logo so great?
  2. Nov 1, 2013
    Have enjoyed playing the game over the last week, really like the storyline, like love the character art. Very much looking forward to the title releasing on consoles.
  3. Nov 1, 2013
    Stumbled on Wolf on the Steam Halloween sale. Surprised the hell out of me. I wish other titles had the in air control jump that this game has. I beat the game in about 6 hours but have been straining my thumbs to get S rankings on all of the levels. I love the hidden upgrades. Work for it kids!

Good: Excellent controls. HIDDEN UPGRADES!!!!
    Bad: Some bad VO, The Bosses were a little too easy.
  4. Nov 1, 2013
    Fun indie game, definitely has shades of old-school games in there. Beat the heck out of me for a while, but feels good to get past roadblocks and onto the next stage.
  5. Nov 1, 2013
    Picked this up for $5 on the Not On Steam Sale. There is a lot of game here. Don't be scared by all of the "really difficult" talk. The art is refreshing and doesn't hurt my eyes like every retro remake.

Did I mention classic monsters. So cool.
  6. Nov 2, 2013
    A challenge, but very fun!!! The art is incredible, and I love the little details that the developers included like menu graphics and animations. Definitely recommend!
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    This game was a lot of fun and definitely brought me back to my SNES days. The game feels a lot like some of the classics like Ghosts & Ghouls and Demon's Crest. The levels do get increasingly more challenging. I had to play the game on the lowest settings (being that my PC is garbage) and experienced some minor issues. It wasn't enough to really hurt my experience. If you're a fan of old-school style platformers, I'd recommend this game Expand
  8. Nov 8, 2013
    Blood of the Werewolf is a fun, but very hard, game. It follows the format of the classic platformers with a nice twist by allowing the player to be both human and wolf. The areas where you change between the forms is controlled by the game (when in moonlight, you become the wolf) and those areas are well designed for each character type.

I think this game is well worth checking out,
    but be sure to play with a controller! Playing with the keyboard and mouse is very hard at times. Expand
  9. May 29, 2014
    So, I bought the game for $0.99 upon seeing TotalBiscuit's video, and been playing the game for over 13 hours, trying to finish. I never managed to complete it because the savegames corrupted before the last level and I lost all progress. Which I have no intention to repeat because the difficulty of this game is fair too unfair.
    The game requires (after a certain point) very precise
    platforming while you continuously get shot at by fireballs that knockback you 2 meters away making you die on the 1hitko stuff right below (spikes/rotating gears, ecc), while enemies try to kill you from above, front and below.
    The ugprade system is both completely useless (because it's fairly difficult to find and get to the upgrade badges and because stuff like HP upgrade is useless after halfway through the game because everything just oneshots you, either directly or indirectly by pushing you into 1hko stuff below) and critical (wolf shooting bullets skill is very important in the skyway level to be able to go through the flying gargoyles in the very small amount of time given to the player). It should have been fully based on the badges the player gathers, instead of requiring to find the upgrades themselves.
    The combination of difficult platforming, enemies and knocknback from those damn projectiles means that, as Totalbiscuit often says, you keep dieing because the whole damn thing is based on luck rather than skill, so you die because of the game, not because you suck.
    Which, as said above, makes the game completely unfair in it's difficulty, making it frustrating and annoying.

Which is then coupled with bugs everywhere, to the point of, as happened to me, losing the whole damn save and losing dozens of hours of hell.
    Even at $0.99 I still regret my purchase.
  10. Feb 17, 2014
    This one of the hardest games I've ever played, and a fun homage to old-school platformers. The hand-drawn art is gorgeous, and the gameplay offers a smorgasbord of throwbacks that older gamers will recognize. Be prepared to swear in frustration working your way from checkpoint to checkpoint, and relish the accomplishments in defeating the more challenging sections.
  11. Jun 9, 2014
    do not listen to haters this game is very difficult but its very fun its hard and it pisses me off but when i win at the end im satisfied this game should have a 8

good voice acting and good gameplay
  12. Jun 21, 2014
    his game is not worth 9.99 by a long shot but it does not make it bad. for i am not a fan of the die 100,000,000 times and start over type games but this one its one of the most erking. by a pixel or a leg foot what ever if u mess up u die back to ur checkpoint (level 3 red crushers suck) the graphics for this game are acceptable for an indie game and controller support is aslo a nice touch. The storyling is very indepth you may not understand why a mission is where it is and what but if u listen to the story/intro itll make more sense so dont skip those. other half of that its truly a hardcore platformer and on my scale the game gets a 6/10 could be better but they kinda jumped ship Expand

1. Feb 24, 2014
    An old-fashioned action platform, sometimes difficult as hell, but if you like Ghosts ‘n Goblins’ style games... this is for you.
  2. Feb 3, 2014
    Blood of the Werewolf is a good homage to the side-scrolling horror platformer games of yesteryear.
  3. Nov 20, 2013
    The category of old school, “maso-core” platformers is simply so crowded with more satisfying overall packages that It’s hard to recommend investing in one that is likely to leap, werewolf like, out of your consciousness as soon as you’re done.