7.7

1. Nov 1, 2013
    Blood of the Werewolf is not easy, but there's a great sense of accomplishment as you beat each level and boss. Really fun indie game, great sense of style, really interesting level design (some of the earlier enemies and areas are a bit repetitive), but hope they do more with this game and brand. Also, what the heck is Midnight City and why is their logo so great?
  2. Nov 1, 2013
    Have enjoyed playing the game over the last week, really like the storyline, like love the character art. Very much looking forward to the title releasing on consoles.
  3. Nov 1, 2013
    Fun indie game, definitely has shades of old-school games in there. Beat the heck out of me for a while, but feels good to get past roadblocks and onto the next stage.
  4. Nov 1, 2013
    Picked this up for $5 on the Not On Steam Sale. There is a lot of game here. Don't be scared by all of the "really difficult" talk. The art is refreshing and doesn't hurt my eyes like every retro remake.

Did I mention classic monsters. So cool.
  5. Nov 2, 2013
    A challenge, but very fun!!! The art is incredible, and I love the little details that the developers included like menu graphics and animations. Definitely recommend!
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    This game was a lot of fun and definitely brought me back to my SNES days. The game feels a lot like some of the classics like Ghosts & Ghouls and Demon's Crest. The levels do get increasingly more challenging. I had to play the game on the lowest settings (being that my PC is garbage) and experienced some minor issues. It wasn't enough to really hurt my experience. If you're a fan of old-school style platformers, I'd recommend this game Expand
  7. Nov 8, 2013
    Blood of the Werewolf is a fun, but very hard, game. It follows the format of the classic platformers with a nice twist by allowing the player to be both human and wolf. The areas where you change between the forms is controlled by the game (when in moonlight, you become the wolf) and those areas are well designed for each character type.

I think this game is well worth checking out,
    but be sure to play with a controller! Playing with the keyboard and mouse is very hard at times. Expand
  8. Feb 17, 2014
    This one of the hardest games I've ever played, and a fun homage to old-school platformers. The hand-drawn art is gorgeous, and the gameplay offers a smorgasbord of throwbacks that older gamers will recognize. Be prepared to swear in frustration working your way from checkpoint to checkpoint, and relish the accomplishments in defeating the more challenging sections.

1. Feb 24, 2014
    An old-fashioned action platform, sometimes difficult as hell, but if you like Ghosts ‘n Goblins’ style games... this is for you.
  2. Feb 3, 2014
    Blood of the Werewolf is a good homage to the side-scrolling horror platformer games of yesteryear.
  3. Nov 20, 2013
    The category of old school, “maso-core” platformers is simply so crowded with more satisfying overall packages that It’s hard to recommend investing in one that is likely to leap, werewolf like, out of your consciousness as soon as you’re done.