Blood PC

9.0

1. mr.fab
    Nov 9, 2008
    A brilliant game that still holds up even in 2008. Hilarious, violent, gory, and damn fun. Really, a game that hits all the old-school FPS highs. It's as fast and furious as you want it, and you'll keep coming back for more.
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    With silly, zany, over-the-top gore and, well, blood abundant, this classic PC FPS takes the formula of Doom and sets it in an ersatz Evil Dead world with one-liners and elements clearly inspired by zombie horror slasher flicks. Blood is not groundbreaking or technically amazing, but it is enormous fun.
  3. StOoM
    Aug 1, 2007
    The best Build engine game by far. Kicks Duke Nukem's ass. I'd go as far as to say this is Monolith's best game until F.E.A.R. 8 years later. If you like FPS games at all this is an absolute must. RELEASE THE SOURCE CODE, MONOLITH.
  4. TimC.
    Aug 13, 2008
    The original underrated stone cold classic.
  5. CarlodD.
    Feb 18, 2006
    An A+ game of B-movie horror. If you like your FPS bloody and funny, replaying it today, it still manages to get a chuckle or two out of me. Wicked sense of humour and hours of mindless killing, this is a great game for those rainy days.
  6. Mar 28, 2013
    The most outstanding shooter of 1997.
  7. RyanA.
    Mar 2, 2005
    One of my all-time favorites, stands the test of time.
  8. OzanD.
    Mar 9, 2006
    fantastic! thats the game 4 everyone.
  9. BrianT.
    Oct 20, 2004
    Outstanding game!!!
  10. RobeTS.
    Jan 16, 2005
    One of the best games ever made. I had to turn the lights on when I played.
  11. KingDoom
    Jan 18, 2005
    Still like this game /2005.
  12. EdB.
    Apr 27, 2005
    Classic, revolutionary game. A must play.
  13. SomeFrenchdude
    Jun 17, 2009
    As an old FPS fanatic, I was always surrounded as a kid by games during the 90's with sheer character, pure originality, and sheer ambiance development. Blood gives you just that. The whole 30's feel to the game with the tunes your protagonist will whisper, his look, the tommyguns (!!!)...that classic retro feel added to the obvious gore-fest that is the game; from the innocent As an old FPS fanatic, I was always surrounded as a kid by games during the 90's with sheer character, pure originality, and sheer ambiance development. Blood gives you just that. The whole 30's feel to the game with the tunes your protagonist will whisper, his look, the tommyguns (!!!)...that classic retro feel added to the obvious gore-fest that is the game; from the innocent you mutilate gratuitously, to the decapitated zombies whose heads you kick around, to just simply the awesome scenery and level designs all so creative and professionally crafted...this game LIVES. This game is also extremely fluid, graphically, which was huge back then and is definitely appealing now. List of qualities goes on...ONLY let down: the difficulty of the game. The hardest FPS I've ever played. That's why I rate it 9 and not 10. Expand
  14. Jan 3, 2013
    This game was awesome, it's not nostalgia, the game was real cool, the train level was just pure awesome, a jewel of the past, back when developers knew how to make games.

1. If Monolith could have tied the level design and action more closely to a real storyline, worked to smooth the engine a little, and created a few new types of monsters, Blood might have risen another notch or two up the 3D food chain. As it stands, the game is a little too uneven to be successful.
  2. By far the most extraordinary feature of Blood has to be its sound effects. They are nothing short of incredible. 'Manamax and spear books,' the cultists shriek, alongside something not dissimilar to the word 'bollocks'. The zombies endlessly crow about 'Brainssssss'. Set a fanatic on fire and he screams like a girl: 'It burns! Oh god it burns,' before melting into a heap of steaming entrails accompanied by the appropriate popping and sizzling effects.
  3. Blood is everything "Quake" should have been. It offers unparalleled single player gameplay, dozens of beautiful visual effects, tons of new weapons, and killer multiplay. I've had more fun playing Blood in the past day than I have playing any other game in the past year.