Bloodline Champions PC

• Publisher: Funcom
  • Release Date: Jan 13, 2011
8.0

1. Mar 30, 2011
    Nice when you need a quick fill of straight-forward PVP, but not much long-term appeal. Limited variations between different classes and you won't get to see much unless you pay for an account.
  2. Mar 5, 2011
    This game was awesome when i first found it, and for the first several hours of gameplay, but as soon as i started playing ladders it lost all its fun. You are given four random classes, one of each archetype, have to have 17,000 blood coins in order to unlock the first class of your choosing. After killing countless bots and only getting 12 blood coins for each match i decide to go tryThis game was awesome when i first found it, and for the first several hours of gameplay, but as soon as i started playing ladders it lost all its fun. You are given four random classes, one of each archetype, have to have 17,000 blood coins in order to unlock the first class of your choosing. After killing countless bots and only getting 12 blood coins for each match i decide to go try out ladders where one can actually make a decent amount. Upon my entering my grade oneself and two other friends are paired with a group of three grade twelves and destroyed before we even knew what happened. We queued six or seven more times to have the same results until we were to furious to continue. We go back to look for a way to increase the bots difficulty and yet, there is no way to go past easy. The first few hours of this game was awesome and I would love to get into this game, but there really needs to be a way to either actually fight players of your skill level so you win even 30% of the time, or a way to increase the bots skill so you can get better without just constant loss. If this was implemented i would easily give this game a nine or even a ten, but until then I'm stuck fighting the same easy bots for 12 coins a fight hoping to actually unlock something I like. Expand
  3. May 11, 2011
    A decent enough game, but it lacks depth (although I suppose that's the point). It gets very boring after a while (there's only 2 game types, arena (deathmatch) and CTF). It takes far too long to grind up enough points to buy a bloodline (a champion/hero), as in, I logged ~50 hours of playtime and was only 60-70% of the way there, including the couple hundred bonus coins for signingA decent enough game, but it lacks depth (although I suppose that's the point). It gets very boring after a while (there's only 2 game types, arena (deathmatch) and CTF). It takes far too long to grind up enough points to buy a bloodline (a champion/hero), as in, I logged ~50 hours of playtime and was only 60-70% of the way there, including the couple hundred bonus coins for signing up/completing the tutorial and the first few achievements.

The balance is mediocre, there are a couple bloodlines that are very, very powerful and quite easy to use.

The game has potential, but it needs a lot more content (different game modes in particular) to keep from getting boring rather quickly.
  4. Feb 16, 2011
    I would love to give this refreshing new game a higher score but it often feels like a half-baked product. So much potential, such a great design. But the lack of content makes it extremely boring after several matches. Sure, you can never be as deadly as a skilled individual who put countless hours into the game, so the game leaves you a lot of "space" for improvement. Unlike DotA, LoL orI would love to give this refreshing new game a higher score but it often feels like a half-baked product. So much potential, such a great design. But the lack of content makes it extremely boring after several matches. Sure, you can never be as deadly as a skilled individual who put countless hours into the game, so the game leaves you a lot of "space" for improvement. Unlike DotA, LoL or HoN, this game features no items, skill levels or creeps... nothing stands in the way of PvP combat. However, this also means there are very few features to explore. When you've played all the characters (and there aren't many) you've seen it all. There are no "builds" except for "team builds" which makes the game not-so-fun-to-play unless you're siding with your friends on some kind of voice-chat to try out different combos. There is almost no freedom when planning a solo-strategy as equally skilled opponents will team up against you... cut out from the rest of the team, you always present easy bait for skilled individuals.
    This game is a world of fun if you manage to organize a team that will take it "seriously". However, I'm giving it a lower score because the developers gave very few champions (heroes) to select from for an unfair price. Last time i checked, 16 champions cost 20$, while 20 champs cost 30$. And what if they give you a discount for shop purchases at 30$? I'm not favorable with that kind of greedy marketing that this indie developer took. If the servers weren't as stable and fast as they currently are I'd give it a 4 for lack of content for a full-priced game.
  5. Feb 14, 2011
    Not cool. Low balance, much more like no balance. Skills are boring, every class has the same kind of one. WoW more interesting as concerns PvP. Payable accounts are shame for free games, it should be all free or all paid.
  6. Oct 30, 2011
    The game may be fine for all I know. However, it is yet another game I have given up on instantly due to non existant/poor customer service and tech support. 'Live Chat' guy took ages to respond each time in a chat window, 20minutes later to give me a message that could have been given straight away which can be summarised as 'tech problem, please be patient'. Sorry, you wore away myThe game may be fine for all I know. However, it is yet another game I have given up on instantly due to non existant/poor customer service and tech support. 'Live Chat' guy took ages to respond each time in a chat window, 20minutes later to give me a message that could have been given straight away which can be summarised as 'tech problem, please be patient'. Sorry, you wore away my patience with your poor service already, so none left! Uninstalled 90minutes after downloading it. Expand
  7. Oct 29, 2011
    Players should note that most critic reviews came in before the game got royally screwed. The game now requires you to either grind or pay out. They also implemented out of game-progression in terms of gems, traits and medallions. You cannot just play the game the way you want to anymore, the balance og the game is now focused on using a few optional tactics instead of many viable ones.Players should note that most critic reviews came in before the game got royally screwed. The game now requires you to either grind or pay out. They also implemented out of game-progression in terms of gems, traits and medallions. You cannot just play the game the way you want to anymore, the balance og the game is now focused on using a few optional tactics instead of many viable ones. The game is been turned into a miliking cow. Expand
  8. Nov 7, 2012
    Okay, 10 hours into the game and I have yet to find an aspect that I do not like. The controls are a bit hectic when first learning but become second nature after a few games. The best part is there is a single player aspect of the game that will let you practice against bots with varying difficulties before you step into the real PvP and make an ass of yourself. Great concept with yourOkay, 10 hours into the game and I have yet to find an aspect that I do not like. The controls are a bit hectic when first learning but become second nature after a few games. The best part is there is a single player aspect of the game that will let you practice against bots with varying difficulties before you step into the real PvP and make an ass of yourself. Great concept with your character having all skills available up front. It becomes a true strategy game instead of a resource management game. Overall, great fun to be had here and it is free.

One word of warning. If you have trouble following your mouse on the screen or playing extremely fast paced games, this will be very difficult for you to get into.
  9. Mar 26, 2013
    Third-person top view 3v3 PvP MOBA, but this game is particularly unique in its gameplay. The objective of the game is very simple: kill the opposing team. Whoever wins 3 rounds wins the match. BLC is a good game, a lot of characters to choose from, divided in Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Tanks and Healers. The combats are fast paced and tactical, teamplay matters a lot (although one good guyThird-person top view 3v3 PvP MOBA, but this game is particularly unique in its gameplay. The objective of the game is very simple: kill the opposing team. Whoever wins 3 rounds wins the match. BLC is a good game, a lot of characters to choose from, divided in Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Tanks and Healers. The combats are fast paced and tactical, teamplay matters a lot (although one good guy against a newbie team can wipe out the opposition by himself), as well as using the scenery to your advantage. The power system is good, and powers are nice, graphics and FX good as well. The main problem I have with this game is -how not- the matchmaking (btw, what the hell happens to online games and matchmaking? Machine learning is not THAT hard, get some decent software engineers...) creates unbalanced teams at around 50% of the time, which really spoils the fun, since this game can get very frustrating, specially if the opposing team has CC powers. Also lately the userbase has turned not helpful -this was not always the case-, and there are few players connected usually, and most of them are too rude with new players. Also the speed of the game can sometimes create chaos, where you don't even know where the small brown cursor is, which is all important to aim. Seriously, was it so hard to make an option about the cursor size? This was one of my favorite games, but this matchmaking problem along with the "where's the damn cursor" problem -and the sensation you get of "I won't get any better than this"- really made me stop playing it that much. Even so, I still play sometimes, and I definitely recommend it. Expand

1. Mar 31, 2012
    While this isn't my personal choice for a MOBA, I think it is a great take on the arena-styled MMO. You may find like me that the matches should be longer, but it will give you hours of enjoyment and if this is your game you could find a niche in a clan too. If you enjoy leveling up and progressing your character this is the wrong game for you. However, if you like to immediately jump into the thick of the action and climb a mountain of corpses to reach your victory, then Bloodline Champions has plenty to love.
  2. May 5, 2011
    Bloodline Champions is a deep and addictive online game. It's competitive PvP at its best and, if you're part of that group of players who constantly complains about balancing in games, you should definitely download it.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Mar 31, 2011
    It's fast, frenzied and brutal, and despite its simple concept never manages to get old. [Apr 2011, p.66]