BloodRayne 2 PC

7.6

Jul 28, 2007
    Pro's: Graphics are great, Awesome animations & moves Con's: Some enemies such as bosses are too damn hard, No direct saving instead you have to reach a specific checkpoint to save the game, Confusing puzzle games some can't even be solved without a walkthrough.
  2. Koan
    Feb 28, 2005
    So, do you understand that voting on something based on your anticipation rather than the quality of the product is the mark of a fool?
  3. ShadowHawk81
    Sep 21, 2007
    If it weren't for the goofy controls and crazy camera I might give it an 8. I mean, Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary are games that show well thought 3rd person control. I think the hack and slash and graphics and animation all look nice and there is a story. But, the Hack-and-Slash just feels hollow to me. AI barely a challenge. But when a boss, it basically takes no coordination If it weren't for the goofy controls and crazy camera I might give it an 8. I mean, Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary are games that show well thought 3rd person control. I think the hack and slash and graphics and animation all look nice and there is a story. But, the Hack-and-Slash just feels hollow to me. AI barely a challenge. But when a boss, it basically takes no coordination at all. Just rapidly hitting the right buttons at the right time. Too much a console game, shouldnt have made it to the PC like a few other. Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary however, do much better. And Lara Croft is a more realistic character type to feel somewhat connected to the gameplay and story. I dont connect well with playing as monsters and villians. Expand
  4. JPLacasse
    Aug 26, 2005
    The graphics are "ok", the playability is very bad, you hit randomly and it's hard to get focus on multiple enemies. Some moves at pretty good and fluid. It must be a lot more enjoyable on console then PC.
  5. JaredT.
    Nov 26, 2006
    The graphics are great. But the controls are horrible, the mouse action is so sloppy you spend more time figuring out what to get your direction then fighting.
  6. NickA.
    Jul 16, 2007
    The controls ruined the game. It was fun to hack people up, but it became frustrating trying to use the mouse, which for some reason had an inverted x axis so when you moved it right it would go left. the up and down was fine though.... the puzzles where you had to jump on poles were frustrating, and not fun at all. it could have been a good game, if the controls hadnt been so bad.
  7. Sr.Dela
    Nov 12, 2006
    The writing was horrible, but you'll soon forget about it once you get into the actual gameplay. It may be easy but that doesn't mean it's not fun. The platforming wasn't that great but the combat system was a few cents short of Prince of Persia. ...well more than two cents, but I still found it to be quite entertaining. The demo is out if you care to see for yourself. The writing was horrible, but you'll soon forget about it once you get into the actual gameplay. It may be easy but that doesn't mean it's not fun. The platforming wasn't that great but the combat system was a few cents short of Prince of Persia. ...well more than two cents, but I still found it to be quite entertaining. The demo is out if you care to see for yourself. I found it has a great deal of class (so long as you don't listen to the dialogue) and great ambience. Expand

1. A hugely enjoyable, polished action-adventure with buckets and buckets of OTT gore. If you thought "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines" too cerebral, its slasher B-movie blood relative could HAVE MORE BITE.
  2. PC Gamer
    It doesn't have much depth, but BloodRayne 2 delivers on its simple promise of offering non-stop carnage. If that sets your blood a-boil, give it a shot. [Oct 2005, p.65]
  3. It's easy on your hardware (mid-range rigs will run it without a hitch) and it offers a sufficient number of gameplay hours. Providing, however, you play it with the right frame of mind.