6.7

1. ceejay
    Jun 19, 2009
    I played the game for about 3 hours, beat it twice. I paid $5 for it, just downloading it from Steam. I think I got more than my money's worth: the music and artistic style is very soothing. It reminds me of dreams. The game is kinda charming since you gather up a bunch of surprisingly random objects. The game has underwater portions, which are interesting, although the whole game I played the game for about 3 hours, beat it twice. I paid $5 for it, just downloading it from Steam. I think I got more than my money's worth: the music and artistic style is very soothing. It reminds me of dreams. The game is kinda charming since you gather up a bunch of surprisingly random objects. The game has underwater portions, which are interesting, although the whole game flows-like-water to me. I would like to see more levels in the future in exchange for more $$. Expand
  2. AdamR.
    Jul 1, 2009
    Not very substantial. There's not a lot to do, not a lot of variety, and not a lot of depth to the stuff you do. You don't feel very rewarded for your actions. But the game is worth 5 dollars, if barely. If your into the indie scene and experimental games, its worth the small price tag. I bought it, and I don't regret it, but its not going to set the world on fire.
  3. D.S.
    Aug 19, 2009
    Dont listen to those claims of its "experimentalism" and its fake "indie" awards. The only real experiment here is how many people will buy a virtually contentless game. And litterally, I meant it has NO content. The is nothing to do, no point at all no story, 2d graphics.... Sure its got a little art style but thats about it. Once this game is free, maybe It might just be worth a littleDont listen to those claims of its "experimentalism" and its fake "indie" awards. The only real experiment here is how many people will buy a virtually contentless game. And litterally, I meant it has NO content. The is nothing to do, no point at all no story, 2d graphics.... Sure its got a little art style but thats about it. Once this game is free, maybe It might just be worth a little curiousity. At the moment, theres nothing here to waste a penny on. Expand
  4. Aug 25, 2010
    There are free flash games that blow this out of the water. Nonetheless, certain types of people do seem to enjoy it. However, you aren't one of them, so: do not buy.
  5. tdc
    Oct 1, 2012
    It felt empty. Honestly this isn't an experiment. This isn't really a game. It took me all of 45 minutes to beat. There is hardly even a level, more of an introduction to something that might have been a game. It could be a neat idea, but for $5, that's all you're getting, an idea.
  6. Jan 4, 2013
    This game poorly done and not something anyone should ever waste any amount of money on. Not when there are hundreds of free flash games out there which offer better atmosphere, scenery, direction, and gameplay. It's art is sub-par to the point of being grade school quality. There is no direction in the game and if the point of it is to explore a 'dream like world' then there should beThis game poorly done and not something anyone should ever waste any amount of money on. Not when there are hundreds of free flash games out there which offer better atmosphere, scenery, direction, and gameplay. It's art is sub-par to the point of being grade school quality. There is no direction in the game and if the point of it is to explore a 'dream like world' then there should be something worth looking at. The only saving grace if it can be called that mellow piano music clear and done well even it does put you to sleep. Expand
  7. DoubleC
    Aug 11, 2009
    A wonderful experience for a single afternoon! If you like games with little to no instructions and just the urge to explore, you should try this. Also very great from an artistic perspective, great mood! Minor cons are: Little reward when finishing (apart from the great feeling it gives you), a bit empty when flying high, a clock to track your resolution time and add replayability or A wonderful experience for a single afternoon! If you like games with little to no instructions and just the urge to explore, you should try this. Also very great from an artistic perspective, great mood! Minor cons are: Little reward when finishing (apart from the great feeling it gives you), a bit empty when flying high, a clock to track your resolution time and add replayability or additional levels. Expand
  8. JackO
    Jun 29, 2009
    An excellent one-man indie project (though don't forget Daduk's music) - You won't find a game here in the sense we're usually led to expect these days, but a 2d playground involving a simple but smoothly simulated ecosystem of both plants and animals - and a subtle but cruel timelimit you'll have to discover for yourself. If you think you'd enjoy a An excellent one-man indie project (though don't forget Daduk's music) - You won't find a game here in the sense we're usually led to expect these days, but a 2d playground involving a simple but smoothly simulated ecosystem of both plants and animals - and a subtle but cruel timelimit you'll have to discover for yourself. If you think you'd enjoy a thought-provoking and beautiful toy to play with for a few hours, something quite unique that will reward investigation and creativity - you'll probably enjoy Blueberry Garden. There is no standard against which to criticise such an unusual game. It should suffice to say I found nothing to complain about, and found only pleasant surprises - no broken promises. A ten, for being different and never making me want to break my keyboard - for being pure pleasure, inciting and rewarding curiosity over and again. - Jack Expand
  9. Aug 2, 2011
    Bottom line: Blueberry Garden is a solid game of experimentation hidden beneath the introductory layer of a puzzle-platformer, and when you play it I think its easy to see why it won the IGF Grand Prize in 2009. Ambitious, crisp, and full of loving attention, Blueberry Garden is a great game.
  10. Aug 16, 2012
    it was short but I tell you it was worth it. there was so much creativity and I really enjoyed playing through it. I think most of the guys that don't like it are video game experts that can figure out the puzzles too quickly. I am an average guy that plays perhaps 8-10 hours a week total and it was a bit challenging to finally complete.
  11. Jul 20, 2013
    This game may have won some awards, but I honestly can't say why. There is very little to do, very little to explore, and the ending wasn't even worth finishing the game for.

1. With the indie scene’s biggest award under its belt, the simple Blueberry Garden may make you wonder “What’s the fuss?” But take it at its own pace, and it’ll give you a soothing surprise.
  2. This little platformer isn't engaging, charming, or clever enough to even be worth its low asking price.
    I found it to be a little too aimless, and it felt insubstantial once it was all over. Simply navigating the garden often feels like a chore thanks to the controls. Winning top prize at the Independent Game Festival is no small feat, but once you've visited this Garden you may wonder what the big deal is.