7.2

1. Feb 4, 2012
    Fun arcade style racing with a bit of Mario Kart style combat thrown in. Lots of cars and is a good way to kill 30 minutes here and there. The best arcade style racer in recent memory. If you are expecting a very strict driving sim then this game is not for you.
  2. Dec 5, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love racing games and haven't really found anything good for the PC after NFS undergrounds and burnout paradise, so I was really excited when I came across this game. This is a really fun game to play the entire way through. Everyone keeps relating it to Mario Kart, which the power ups are very much like, however it isn't just 'go play as a standard character with a standard car on a different track.' It is more like Mario Kart meets Burnout. Where you pick the car you want to use each round (good, fun selection as well), and you can get upgrades for the attacks as well. Pros: A very artistic game that has beautiful gameplay graphics
    Fun to finish to the end, had to play it until I beat the last boss races. Different game play modes, not all just straight races, sort of a burnout approach almost.

Cons: Boss races are boring as heck, hit the enemy with one good shot, get out of range and watch them eat your dust. Not a lot of replay value, I beat it and haven't played it since, but it was definitely worth getting to play through.

Note* This game is supposed to have a great multiplayer experience which I have not yet tried out.
  3. Mar 30, 2011
    Probably my favorite racing game ever. The 1-player is very fun (I clocked about 18 hours on it to beat most of the game), and it actually has 4-PLAYER SPLIT-SCREEN on PC! (you need 4 360 controllers). The use of power ups is well done- more balanced and strategic than Mario Kart type games. The online is mediocre (no way to chat?!), but the game was worth $40 for the single player alone. Overall, if vanilla racing games aren't your thing, but you enjoy combatish stuff, this is definitely worth getting (and split screen at 1080p is epic). You'll want a 360 controller for it, too, for the best experience. Expand
  4. May 8, 2011
    Fantastic game, good mix between the Burnout games and Mario kart. A a lot to love here, very well made and underrated. The powerups are well balanced and it's great you can hold more then one at any given time and select between them. Mulitplayer is fun if you know some people personally that own the game, with the leader boards, friends challenges and direct online play. Also, and this is frigging awesome, is you can play 4 player split screen on the PC, which is something I hope other devs consider more in the future.

Next Steam sell, make sure you grab yourself a copy!
  5. Nov 15, 2011
    The legendary racing game Blur(TM) has to be the greatest racing game that I know off. The neon colors, the graphics, the overall experience was so good. The game is lacking on one thing tho and that is fanbase - the PC version of the game averages a maximum of 50 players worldwide on this game and that is the main reason why you can almost not play Multiplayer at all. The game is absolutely amazing, but Activision should have tryed to market it more around, making me give it a 9/10. Expand
  6. Apr 2, 2012
    This game is underrated.I will tell you why Excellent graphics and Sound, 4 player split screen racing on PC with controller support! Need I say more.
  7. Jul 12, 2012
    Blur is the best racing game I've ever played. That may be due to the fact I haven't played that many or it's just better than the others. It's a really fun game and it's also beautiful. The power ups is what this game is mainly about. There are a bunch of different ways to use them and times when to use them. The story mode, or single player, is pretty good. I like how we are earning enough reputation to be able to race the main person. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm midway through it and so far it's really awesome. The multiplayer isn't bad, it could have used some improvements.

There are a few cons though. There is no quick racing in the game. You have to do the story mode or play multi-player. You also have to choose a specific set of cars for a specific race type, such as You can only drive cars in Class A on Class A maps. That kind of sucks, because if you get used to a car on Class B, you can't use it on Class A, C, or D maps.

You will enjoy this game and it will be money well spent.
  8. Jul 20, 2012
    Great game, story is too short and there needs to be more vehicle and map choice; however even with those the SP and MP are both more than addicting enough to be extremely fun, great game to LAN with friends. I can't believe this isn't more popular; it's the one Activision game I've bought in a long time.
  9. Jan 6, 2013
    If u want to play re-volt with real cars so this is it. I very like this game because it's have everything what car arcade game needs. Very good music, graphics and gameplay. It's fun to play singleplayer but much more better way is to play online and try yourself.
  10. Sep 13, 2013
    I've clocked more than 100 hours into the multiplayer of this game and was not bored for months. This is a well balanced, multiplayer oriented game. Too bad it's almost dead, but you can still find some active players. Unfortunately the game has been removed from Steam, which is a bummer...
  11. Sep 14, 2013
    The people who say that this game is bad just because it's unrealistic are just being stupied and silly. Is Mario Kart bad too because its unrealisitc?

This game is pretty much a more realistic version with real time cars and enviroments of a Mario Kart game. Like if you would put Need for Speed together with Mario Kart.

Im going to skip the obvious gameplay, I mean, its a racing
    game. Everyone know that there's a track, there're some opponents and you are suppose to finish first. What makes this game special is it's arcadish style including powerups and aggressive gameplay. You actually fight for the first place instead of relying on your skill.

The positive parts:
    + Gameplay,
    + Fun
    + Awesome game to play with friends
    + Graphics

The negative parts:
    - Few cars
    - Few tracks

Notes:
    * I mean, its a racing game. You race, and you win, and you race again and you win and go on like that. It's repetetive but don't play it unless you dislike other racigns because of this.
  12. Jun 24, 2013
    I'm not a huge racing fan, but it's a genre I like to occasionally dabble in when I find the right game. This is easily my favorite racer of all time. Perfect blend of arcade-y style racing and kart style power-ups/battle. Graphics a great, speed is great, 4 player split screen GREAT! Also, I really dig how each race has multiple 'objectives' you need to keep in mind. There is never a dull moment in this game. If your not trying to steer through gates to complete a challenge or pull off 4 drift shots or whatever, your trying to complete 6-7 other objectives to progress your points and move on to the next levels. It keeps it interesting, which is one of my main problems with racing games in general. Rather dull generally but this one did it right. Too bad it was 'misunderstood' and didn't succeed in every way shape and form. Hats off for trying something different! Expand
  13. Oct 16, 2013
    Love the hell out of this game! I've clocked in over 100 hours on this arcade racer, I don't even care if people say it is "unrealistic" or "cartoony", because I love its intensity and pace. It's just a shame that not as many play it as they used to, you can hardly fill a match anymore, but the single-player on the hardest difficulty still delivers the same competition and intensity that online did! Expand

1. Blur's mix of strategy-based power-ups, load-out menus, and largely varied challenges really make this game a must for all automotive fans. In a genre this oversaturated, it is good to know that there is still some innovation left.
  2. Blur is a great effort from Bizarre Creations, one that will introduce a slew of kart-racing fans to the scene. While its visuals don't overwhelm like Split/Second's, it holds its own with cool weapons-based gameplay, making it a fun experience.
  3. This fast and exciting racer continually finds a way to keep you circling around for another lap.