Boiling Point: Road to Hell PC

• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Jun 6, 2005
7.3

1. Jul 28, 2011
    A great idea poorly executed, Boiling Point turned me off almost immediately with its stodgy interface, nasty character animations, bad graphics, textures and awful voice-acting.
  2. Mr.S.
    May 24, 2005
    The driving is chunky, and so are the graphics. I shoot a curtain and it makes a bullethole. The sound also seems sub-par. I guess it has potential, but I'm already finding a lot of flaws with it.
  3. ZachL.
    May 26, 2005
    I'm really enjoying this game. Decent graphics, good game play. The vehicals are a bit clunky, and so is the AI. Best way to get rid of a choper, have to follow you into a tree and it will blow up. Weapons and inventory work good and the charator ineracting is great. There are a lot of sound bugs in the game and the voice acting from the main charator is week. Hopefuly most of the I'm really enjoying this game. Decent graphics, good game play. The vehicals are a bit clunky, and so is the AI. Best way to get rid of a choper, have to follow you into a tree and it will blow up. Weapons and inventory work good and the charator ineracting is great. There are a lot of sound bugs in the game and the voice acting from the main charator is week. Hopefuly most of the bugs will be ironed out in a patch. Expand
  4. AnthonyF.
    Jun 7, 2005
    Do not buy this game unless you have a high-end machine - GEFORCE 6600GT MIN. I had really high expectations of this game only to install it and find the game had really high expectations of my machine. I've only got 512MB RAM but have a decently overclockable Gainward Geforce FX 5900XT 128MB graphics card. And it took overclocking this to the max, running at 800x16 and closing every Do not buy this game unless you have a high-end machine - GEFORCE 6600GT MIN. I had really high expectations of this game only to install it and find the game had really high expectations of my machine. I've only got 512MB RAM but have a decently overclockable Gainward Geforce FX 5900XT 128MB graphics card. And it took overclocking this to the max, running at 800x16 and closing every non-essential system tray app to get the game to run at all without shuddering to a halt every few steps. The game promises a lot and I thrill at the massive scope of the game but I invariably get half an hour into playing it before getting fed up with the dull graphics and jerky vehicle handling and go play Half Life 2 instead. If my mediocre machine can fling that game around how badly coded must this game be? I've considered forking out for 1GB RAM and a new graphics card just to see this game at it's best but I think I'll stick it on a shelf until my next essential upgrade when I can't play ANY of the current games. Expand
  5. LawrenceD.
    Jun 8, 2005
    Bugs!! This game has so much potential, but far to many bugs and glitches.
  6. BradC.
    Nov 6, 2005
    A great concept, although the game is still buggy for me even after patch 2.0. I can't help but feel if they were to have used a pre-existing engine, most probably Far Cry, it would have been a more polished experience. As it is currently, I find the worst enemy to fight is the laggy engine. Hopefully the deloper is given the ability to make a sequel!
  7. Mar 14, 2012
    Found this for £3 in the local CEX. In its day this could be called very ambitious, even genius in some levels. Alas, it lends too much from its inspirations, such as Far Cry and GTA, and lacked the coat of polish it deserved. But for £3, I'm very satisfied.
  8. Jun 9, 2014
    Let it be said, this game had immense potential. It could have been a revolutionary sandbox game at the time. But it failed so badly. The game has more bugs and glitches that can be counted, and every feature of it is unpolished and clumsy. AI is frustrating and annoying, sometimes you can wildly shoot at them and they won't even notice you, other times they'll have peek reflexes and killLet it be said, this game had immense potential. It could have been a revolutionary sandbox game at the time. But it failed so badly. The game has more bugs and glitches that can be counted, and every feature of it is unpolished and clumsy. AI is frustrating and annoying, sometimes you can wildly shoot at them and they won't even notice you, other times they'll have peek reflexes and kill you through walls.
    Everything else about the game is broken. The first time I died, I spawned in the hospital, then it glitched out, and I popped inside a burning car in the middle of the jungle. Imagine you want to get through some enemy guards. You can bribe one of them, and the so mentioned guard will shout "This guy's cool, let him through", and when you go where you want to, the other guards will shoot at you. Imagine you want to kill five guards. If you get a headshot 1 shot 1 kill, the other guards won't hear, and you'll get a pop-up saying "Silent Takedown"
    If there were to be a remake, fixing bugs and glitches, the game would probably be an opponent to franchises like Far Cry.

1. Put it like this: This is probably one of the most enjoyable piece of early-Beta code that I've ever played. You want to damn Atari for releasing it like this. However, you also want to hail them for spending money on something of Boiling Point's ambition rather than the safe option.
  2. Raw and addictive, but lacks the polish to make it stand out in a niche market.
    The concept behind Boiling Point is a good one but it is perhaps a little too ambitious, leaving many parts of the game a little dry and particularly bug-ridden.