7.1

1. May 15, 2012
    Only suitable for kids who are so young their parents will have to do most of the playing. Even making allowance for that, it is short and feeble. There are a few funny moments, hence the score as high as 1.
  2. Apr 27, 2012
    I started Bone very long after it was created. Got it basically because I loved The Walking Dead from the same developer. Not being a fan of the adventure genre Telltale games is making my mind change. Considering this is such an old game and not incredibly popular, after playing it i wish they would have produced the whole series of Bone. I found it funny, fun and simple. The biggest flawI started Bone very long after it was created. Got it basically because I loved The Walking Dead from the same developer. Not being a fan of the adventure genre Telltale games is making my mind change. Considering this is such an old game and not incredibly popular, after playing it i wish they would have produced the whole series of Bone. I found it funny, fun and simple. The biggest flaw is how short it is and the very small space for different outcomes. Although now at April 2012 the game goes for $9.99 in steam for both this and the sequel, so the price is ok. Don't expect a huge production, but in my case... it does leave me buying the Jeff Smith graphic novels from amazon wanting to know more about the story... plus a smile. So Telltale, i hope that after your Living Dead... you could consider finishing this saga! Collapse
  3. May 1, 2013
    I love the Bone graphic novel and I love Telltale Games and adventure games in general. I want to get that out of the way first, because this is painful for me to say:

Bone: Out From Boneville is bad. Not terrible. Not memorably awful. Just forgettably clunky and mediocre, and a very poor attempt at a faithful adaptation of the graphic novel. The graphics are dated by 2005's

Bone: Out From Boneville is bad.

Not terrible. Not memorably awful. Just forgettably clunky and mediocre, and a very poor attempt at a faithful adaptation of the graphic novel. The graphics are dated by 2005's standards, let alone 2012's; they evoke early 2003 Gamecube games. The story's delivery is slow, plodding, and padded with dull minigames, without any sort of niceties or ornamentation to the interface; it feels like the game was made on a budget of pocket lint. The animation is stiff, and some of the models just look off (Thorn with a ponytail and a Peter Pan outfit, anyone?). And worst of all, the voice acting is eardrum-gougingly terrible, so much so that it trashes the story and the believability of the characters; I'm not sure if we're looking at bad direction or bad talent here, but the delivery is off on damn near every line, and there's no sense of believability to the whole mess. The only grace I can offer is that the Bone games were some of Telltale's first, with Sam & Max still a year out, so these are the birthing cries of a developer struggling to find its feet after splitting from Lucasarts, but it's still a tragically bad game.
  4. Apr 27, 2012

1. The endearing characters and witty dialogue are real winners. It’s professionally done in places and anyone looking to dabble in a lighthearted adventure will find this a stimulating experience; just don’t expect to be playing for months.
  2. The story is charming and witty, the puzzles are a refreshing change from the usual, and the game is appropriate for everyone in the family.
    Bone: Out from Bonevill has some great presentation, considering it is a budget title. The point-and-click style is a perfect fit for the story, but the execution is a bit flawed.