• Publisher: PopCap
  • Release Date: Dec 20, 2006
7.7

1. S.C.
    Jan 31, 2008
    For anyone actually good at Scrabble, I cannot recommend this game enough. However, you should probably keep away if you cannot average 300 points at 2 player. It will frustrate you no end. While I found completing the game straightforward, my housemate at university could not finish book one. There are minor flaws in addition to the ones already mentioned; i.e. the inability to replay For anyone actually good at Scrabble, I cannot recommend this game enough. However, you should probably keep away if you cannot average 300 points at 2 player. It will frustrate you no end. While I found completing the game straightforward, my housemate at university could not finish book one. There are minor flaws in addition to the ones already mentioned; i.e. the inability to replay bosses after completion, except in arena mode with a timer. Expand
  2. Apr 25, 2011
    This game is not for everyone. Already from the title you should be able to tell it is a word game. If you don't enjoy things like scrabble then you won't enjoy this game. It's as simple as that. For those of you who do enjoy words, then this game is a hilarious and entertaining way to brush up on your English skills, but have it still feel like you're playing a real game.

1. Sweet as a kitten, and improving your personal lexicon. [Feb 2007, p.81]
  2. Indulge your inner word dork.
  3. You'll get your dozen hours of fun out of Bookworm Adventures, but you'll want to go back to "Bookworm" for more serious wordplay. [Mar 2007, p.70]