7.2

1. Apr 9, 2013
    I consider Mr. Torgue's "A cappella" guitar solo wail, performed in honor of my beating the final boss and accompanying a literal explosion of loot raining down on me to be one of the greatest moments in videogaming history.
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    I liked this DLC a lot(definitely better than the 1st one). The characters were a lot of fun and Torgue especially my god! Story fairly straight forward, the rewards nothing special at least from and what I 've seen from some other people, but the raid boss has amazing rewards! A definite buy not so much for the story but for the laughs(there are lots) and the loot!
  3. Jan 11, 2013
    It's very similar to the original Borderlands, think of it as a big expansion. Still fun but doesn't introduce too many new features. The multiplayer makes the game more fun.
  4. Jan 7, 2013
    Much better than the previous DLC. While the Captain Scarlett DLC had the pirate theme, the Campaign of Carnage sort of makes up its own theme, and does it well. I thought the character of Mr. Torgue was both genius and downright hilarious, which added a lot more to the DLC than I thought before playing it. Please, buy this DLC. You won't regret it.
  5. Dec 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An overall amusing DLC, the final boss casts a pall over the rest of it. Essentially a do-over of the original Borderlands' (much maligned) 2nd DLC, it's a series of arena fights with story quests between them and some side-quests thrown in for good measure. This is one of the funniest DLC's I've ever played, and Mister Torgue is probably the best new character in the franchise since General Knoxx. The DLC switches off arena fights and story missions. Anyone who complains about the arena fights being too simple probably shouldn't have purchased a DLC that centers around arena fights. The big problem that this DLC has is that it features the absolute worst final boss in the Borderlands franchise. Be prepared to die multiple times against a boss who only defeats you because it has massive damage reduction and reflection, and a mountain of hit points. You must also fight it in an open ring with no cover, so don't plan to fight tactically. I don't mean to dwell on this issue, but it really is the first thing I think about when this DLC comes to mind. All in all, it's worth playing up to the last quest, then just walking back to the main game. Expand
  6. Dec 2, 2012
    Not one of the strongest DLCs, but it's entertaining when I played it with friends. If you don't enjoy the style of humor that is Mr. Torgue's absurd overacting, you'll probably hate it. My favorite part was the game revewer bashing they did in one quest, which was just hillarious.
  7. Nov 21, 2012
    Pretty basic, rather short DLC which isnt up to the snuff of the Captain Scarlett DLC. I beat the main story arc in about 4 hours. It's a lot of fetch quests and some maps are a bit more claustrophobic than what you may be used to. Mr. Torgue is fairly entertaining, but the quests are less compelling. The loot isn't terribly good either, as I've maybe added one piece from this to myPretty basic, rather short DLC which isnt up to the snuff of the Captain Scarlett DLC. I beat the main story arc in about 4 hours. It's a lot of fetch quests and some maps are a bit more claustrophobic than what you may be used to. Mr. Torgue is fairly entertaining, but the quests are less compelling. The loot isn't terribly good either, as I've maybe added one piece from this to my rotation. The Torgue Machines are nice in that you can snag a Legendary weapon as the Deal of the Day, but they cost a bit over 600 Torgue Tokens. I've played the DLC through in addition to a fair few side missions (though not all side missions give Tokens as rewards) and have maybe 250 Tokens. It'll take a while to build up enough Tokens for even one legendary. Nice that if, like me, you can't get a crew together to farm Seraph Crystals, there is at least SOME way to get some higher end items (though by the look of them, these legendarys aren't that great). Feel like more quest rewards should have included them. Look forward to a lot of grinding. Also, the loot shower you get for beating the boss is massively underwhelming. If no good weapons, at least give us some Torgue Tokens! Eridium is useless to all players at level 50 (which lets be honest, most people who will be playing this expansion at this point will be).

I wish the story was longer and the loot was better. Most of my best loot is still from the main game, with some mixed in from Capt. Scarlett. This was overall a short and rather unsatisfying experience. I certainly don't think it's worth the 9.99 alone, but is simply an alright addition as a part of the season pass. I was hoping for more meaty DLC with better weaponry. Here's to hoping the next two DLC are more enjoyable experiences that raise the level cap and gives us some nicer loot. Side note: I really disliked the tower where you go to fight Fly Boy, as you can easily fall into or be knocked into the lava. It's rather annoying to die so cheaply (or expensively, as each death costs me somewhere near 250-300k dollars). Not game breaking or something that effects the score, but certainly obnoxious and worth noting.
  8. Nov 21, 2012
    Buy this DLC...NOW! Seriously, getting to hear Mr. Torgue (voiced by Hercule/Mr Satan from DBZ) shouting and swearing and air guitaring with his mouth alone was worth the cost of a season pass! If you liked BL2 at all you need to get this...if you are a badass that is!
  9. Nov 21, 2012
    This DLC is not another Moxxi's Underdome Riot. TCoC is what Moxxi could have been if it had an actual storyline. There are a lot of huge areas added with different enemies, and it continues the weird, over the top action that Borderlands is famous for. TCoC adds Torgue currency that you can buy powerful (explosive) weaponry with, and is also quite challenging. That being said, thereThis DLC is not another Moxxi's Underdome Riot. TCoC is what Moxxi could have been if it had an actual storyline. There are a lot of huge areas added with different enemies, and it continues the weird, over the top action that Borderlands is famous for. TCoC adds Torgue currency that you can buy powerful (explosive) weaponry with, and is also quite challenging. That being said, there are some issues. In terms of bugs, enemies sometimes come out of their huts and just stand there, one of the bosses got stuck in the floor, and there are some exploitable areas where enemies ignore you if you stand in them. Catch-a-Ride systems are a little *too* spread out. Despite this, it's still a solid DLC. Expand

1. Mar 3, 2013
    If you haven't completed [the main game] yet, though, there's no real reason to pay for this. [March 2013, p.111]
  2. Jan 28, 2013
    The trip to Badass Crater of Badassitude is an excellent endeavor for all fans of the original game, for the lovers of unique atmosphere, crazy characters, dark humor and carnage in the best possible way. The second Borderlands 2 DLC is a better one than Captain Scarlett. Both expansions are a good investment for fans of the series, but in a direct confrontation, the crazy and uncompromising Mr. Torgue wins. I want more! Let's hope the upcoming two add-ons are equally good.
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    An expansion that manifests Gearbox as the masters of DLC. Mr Tourge is a character you love to hate and the campaign is of near perfect length and filled with all the main games strengths and more.